Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Love Herts. Kiwek Kwan has had quite a career, from childhood roles in Indiana, Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies to a recent Academy Award win for Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. But now Keith finally stars as a leading man in the film Love Hurts. Love Hurts is a perfect date night movie with its mix of over the top action comedy and a ton of heart. Love Hurts Only at theaters February seventh.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pana, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm nervous, my Heart's beating out of my body.
Speaker 4: Oh you're wearing a trended shirt. Yeah, reident Oh little free advertised. I should charge you for that exposure.
Speaker 3: I should charge you for this show. Yeah, exactly. Silence, don't this up?
Speaker 5: Female, You don't this up.
Speaker 4: Welcome in episode twenty three of What's Right with Nick Wright, the podcast and YouTube show. Like rate subscriber you, We're so close to fifty thousand subscribers on YouTube. I don't know how many subscribers we have on iTunes and Spotify, but I appreciate if you subscribe on all the platforms that you either that you consume the show. However, today's show is going to be a little different today's show, and it's a tragic day for this to be the case. Demanse, who is the only Celtics fan I like, is not here today. I mean he is here. I don't know if we can take the wide shot briefly and show he can lean into the shop for a moment, Demonse, go ahead and lean in. Wave hello. Demonse. Unfortunately is sick. He has lost his voice. Now how did he lose his voice? We're not sure. I would imagine, you know, a five hour session at a hookah bar On Friday didn't help. Now he would claim that didn't actually happen, but I would assume. All I know is I left town Friday, he had a voice. I came back town Saturday. He didn't have a voice anymore. But he will be back, hopefully soon. In his place is none other than my wonderful wife, who you will hear from in just a moment. Danielle, thank you for taking the time with us today. Try not to screw this up. But as we always do on the show, we first talk about what we're not talking about. So here is what is not on today's show. What is not on today's show is Zion getting cleared for contact, Bill Belichick has same intensity as any year, and Aaron Donald signing with Kanye West's agency Donda Sports. None of that is on the show today because we have too many basketball related things and one, believe it or not, baseball related thing to discuss. So now I turned to you, Danielle, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 3: The Celtics beat Miami.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're sad. I am a little sad about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why did Boston win Game seven? All right?
Speaker 4: So Boston should have been able to take care of this. In six, Miami looked like they were broken and beaten since we've last talked. But Jimmy Butler had an all time Game six in Boston to carry Miami, right, you all know that. And then Game seven comes around and Kyle Lowry's not very good. Tyler hero tries to but is awful. Gave Benson doesn't do much aside from one shot, Max Streuce doesn't do much, which is why Boston led wire to wire. However, there are two parts of this game I want to discuss, and none of it's to take away from Boston. One is the NBA all of a sudden, allowing for I know that they can retroactively go back and change a three to a two or a two to a three, the raft can win the shots taken wave his finger like we're gonna review that. That's one thing. But what they did with Miami with Max Struce his three five possessions later being waved off because they said he stepped out of bounds, and then on replay it wasn't even clear he stepped out of bounds. Look like he Sean Elliott did it to me, which if you're watching the Western Conference finals, damn near thirty years ago, Seawan Elliott in the corner. I think they were playing the suns. I'm not certain got a three. His heels were over the line, but he kept his heels up in the air and he nailed it. That to me, not only am I not sure it was the right call, but I don't think you can minutes later take three points off the board. However, that's not why Miami lost, even though it did come down to a possession. Miami lost because they weren't good enough. But despite not being good enough, Boston's up thirteen with three and a half minutes left and then does every single thing they can do to lose that game. And if they had lost that game, Jimmy takes the three after they get another miss to take the lead with eighteen seconds left, it would have been, without a doubt, the biggest choke job in NBA history. Thirteen point lead in a game seven against a team that is dying, a team that has one guy you're afraid of to go to the finals, that would have been an unspeak loss. However, they were able to get through it. Now that did make me a little concerned with them for the finals, because they have played so well for the last five months now, but close games they have seemed to fall apart a bit at the end, so that concerns me. The Warriors experience concerns. We will talk more about that in a minute. But overall, why did Boston win. Boston won because they had five guys who on any given night could make winning plays for you in Tatum Brown, Smart Horford and Grant Williams, even though he wasn't very good in this series, So call it four guys. The Heat had one and a half, They had Jimmy Butler and then Bam out of Bayo a couple games. So I picked the Heat in seven. I ended up being wrong that anyone, and I'm not going to get into it right here. We did it on the television show. By the time you guys are hearing this on Tuesday, it will have been discussed. I want to make this very clearly, so anyone arguing that Jimmy Butler should have gone for two instead of three Flatley doesn't understand the math you It is. It is not a discussion. It is not a reasonable people can disagree. It is simply basic level math on why the three is so much. You know, what I will get into it here, just real quick, just real quick. Sorry. Let's just say you believe Jimmy Butler had an eighty percent chance of making a short jump shot or a layup on Horford, and eighty percent is way higher than he actually had. Even if he had an eighty percent chance of tying the game, there, the three is still the better shot. Here's why. So he has an eighty percent chance to tie it then, and again it's not eighty, but call it eighty. Then you then have to stop Boston, and because it's tied, they're holding for the last shot. So you say you have a fifty to fifty shot. So now you're eighty percent chance of winning is down to forty percent, And just by stopping them, you then have to win in overtime, which again would not have been a fifty to fifty shot because Butler had played all forty eight minutes. The Heat were not the better team, they had led the whole time. But give that a fifty to fifty shot. So eighty percent, fifty percent, fifty percent going for two, your best case scenario is a twenty percent chance to win the game. That's your best case scenario. You go for three and you make it. Even if Boston goes down and scores, you still have a chance because Boston has to go quick. So it's not it's it's not even a discussion. Jimmy made the right play. I didn't understand the Shrews call, and Boston almost had an epic choke job. I hope that answers your question. All right, Danielle, what's next?
Speaker 3: Your two fades are in the finals, the Warriors and the Celtics.
Speaker 4: Can't believe this my life. You got your Celtics Finals. Who do I have in the finals?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know who's going to win. I can tell you who's going to lose, Danielle, who me? Yeah, no matter what, no matter who wins. I am so pardon me here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it. You know why because your mouth? What do you mean you just talk too much, too fast?
Speaker 4: Oh it's literally my job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well you know, Okay.
Speaker 4: Well here's the problem. If the Celtics win, I have takes from the past that are not gonna have aged well, ladies and gentlemen. I called Jalen Brown a homeless man's Kawhi Leonard. I called Jason Tatum the fourth best guy in his own draft class. I mocked Danny Ainge forever. I so, if the Celtics win, I look like an idiot. If the Warriors win, I guaranteed Steph would never make another finals. After they traded for Wiggins, I called Wiggins a bad player.
Speaker 3: I have no mouth. I'm boxed in talk too much.
Speaker 4: I am boxed in here. I don't know what I'm I think the Warriors are gonna win.
Speaker 3: My pick is the war I want the Warriors to win. Why I like the Warriors. Why I've always liked the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Why because it's a Cali teen. Okay, I'm saying I like.
Speaker 3: Staff, I like Draymond, I like Clay. Like come on now, that's a great team.
Speaker 4: Okay, well listen. I feel badly that Demand's not here today because the Celtics are his squad. He wanted to take a victory lap today. He's not well. Hopefully on Wednesday he can take his victory lap before the finals. Because I do think the Warriors are gonna win the finals. I do think they're gonna win Game one. What I also know is this Boston Celtics fans are blue collar, hard scrabble New Englanders. Warriors fans are not the old school Oakland fans, but the new Warriors fans are through through tech West Coast millionaire billionaire types.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The only common ground they have what hating me? That's the only Warriors and Celtic fans have in common. Like, Hey, the dude don't have as one in the mornings. He's a jackass, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we agree on that sucks? What I got him? What'd you say?
Speaker 3: I understand?
Speaker 4: Okay, but I've got the Warriors. I think the I don't think these games will be blowouts, and I think the late game execution favors the Warriors greatly. And it should be noted that the Warriors with a healthy Steph Clay and Draymond are twenty one and one under Steve Curran playoff series. Do you know the only time they lost? Who beat him? Come on, you know the only.
Speaker 3: Thing I don't know?
Speaker 4: You do know?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, The only one to ever beat him with Lebron the gre James. Okay, all right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Your MAVs lost? You still put Luca in twentieth in your top fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Defend yourself, explain how Dallas gets to the next level.
Speaker 4: All right, let me defend the Luca defense. If people want to know I had him in the top twenty, watch the Luca video. I went on YouTube, by the way, and check the views on the individual player videos, not the full episodes on because our great social team cuts each individual player video. People aren't watching them. Guys, go watch the Luca video. It'll be posted by the time this is up, and you'll see my defense for it. There's the precedent with Shack being on the top fifty. I had Lucas slotted in at twenty before this playoff run. This playoff run only even validated it further. Now, what do the MAVs need to do this summer? Because Jason Kidd talked about wanting to get them a secondary option, what they need to do with it. I love this flirtation with zach Levine. I love the idea of that a Zach Levine Jalen Brunson sign and trade. Maybe I like the idea of it. I would not be willing to pay Jalen Brunson thirty million a year now. Demand's aid to his credit brought up the rudy Gobert idea. I don't like the idea of Rudy Gobert. However, he does solve a lot of the MAVs problems, and I think Luca would get the most out of him offensively, if you can get anything out of him. But the idea of making Jalen Brunson Luca's co star for the time moving forward, it's just that I don't think he's good enough, and I do think the MAVs need to learn from the mistakes of other teams that have these transcendent players and try to microwave it. The Hornet screwed it up, or the Pelicans screwed it up with Anthony Davis, the Cavs screwed it up with Lebron. The Bucks did not screw it up with Giannis. Is the type of player you haven't don't be over zealous me like, we've got to resign Jalen if that's going to lock you into this team. Also, producers putting on the screen Luca the next Jokic, Give me a break, Give me a break, as idersand Jokic has also been to a conference finals. I get it, but nobody in their right mind. Yeah, yeah, great job I see the other producers fled the building because they saw what a bad take that was. Luke is the next Yokich? All right, what's the last topic.
Speaker 3: The Lakers hired dam Almost?
Speaker 4: Well? You fourth times of charm? Darvinham, Darvinham?
Speaker 3: I bet that's right. Do you like that higher?
Speaker 4: I do like the higher. I do like Darvin Ham, not only because he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated when I was a kid shattering a backboard, but Imo Odoka, Manti Williams, Willie green Ty, Lou Steve Kerr. What do they all have in common? They're all incredibly successful head coaches, some very young, very limited experience, but were former players and instantly had success. So I like that. I also like the fact Mark Stein is reporting that the Lakers are gonna let Ham pick his own staff, something they were hesitant to do with other coaches in the past, and that Kurt Rambis is not gonna be sitting and coaching meetings giving his two cents. However, all of that is nice, None of it really matters for the Lakers if they don't find a trade partner for Westbrook. I know you were excited about Russ going to the Lakers. It was a total disaster. It couldn't have gone any worse, and so I like the ham Hire. However, that is twenty five percent of the job this summer. Fifty five percent of the job this summer is finding a trade partner for Westbrook. The other thirty percent is finding some athletic wings. It's a hell of a job. Rob Bolink has got in front of him. Luckily, he's about the worst guy for it. I can't believe they kept Polenka. All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 6: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Sebo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments could be too. There are risks associated with Cibo company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at cbo dot com. Slash us underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: How come I couldn't get that name right?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You crushed it?
Speaker 3: Thank you did?
Speaker 4: A good job. Oh thanks, dense better watches back? Oh what.
Speaker 3: Where they get their face from?
Speaker 4: My arms look good in that picture?
Speaker 3: Well they don't.
Speaker 4: Now I'm sorry that my regular workout time has turned into drive Danielle to work open the store.
Speaker 3: No, you were doing that before and still working out. No, you have excuses. You've gotten lazy. You rather play freaking fortnite and.
Speaker 4: Is new Fortnite's just I don't care.
Speaker 3: You always figure out something else to do. Didn't work out?
Speaker 4: When are you working out? I'll see you working out.
Speaker 3: I work out while I'm at work.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Do I need to stand up? I am hot salt?
Speaker 4: All right? You ready to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: You silence your phone because that's important.
Speaker 3: I wanted to make sure that it silence. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Do you need me to do it silent?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you leave me alone?
Speaker 4: You see how quick? Put your fisted up? All right? Welcome back in? What's right? Nick? Right? Danielle? Right in for Demonse today. Demanse unfortunately has laryngitis, otherwise known as spent all night at the hookah bar h. He's mad at me for saying that he's walking around right now angry. Can't take a Celtics victory. Laugh. He was so excited for today's show. But hey, listen, we all have to learn things. In Demonse's defense, I don't actually know he was at the hookah bar because whatever happened I'm happening to on Friday and Friday, I was out with this one in Philadelphia gambling all night. So I can't really talk trash myself. You ready to go? All right, We've got a serious topic to start this segment, Danielle, What are we discussing?
Speaker 3: Giants manager Gabe Kapler said he won't come out for the anthem due to the US gun violence. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I obviously respect and support Gabe Kapler's protest. Here, we spent a lot of time on the show last week talking about my thoughts on you know, guns in this country and what the unspeakable tragedy that happened in Ubaldi after the unspeakable tragedy that happened in Buffalo. So I don't want to actually discuss that part of it. If you want to see it or hear what I said about that, go to win the Thursday's episode from last week episode twenty two. Uh, what I do want to talk about is how unbelievable it is to me at how just fine so much of the media, sports and otherwise, how fine they are with being total abject hypocrites, and how they're reacting to this versus how they reacted to a different prominent San Francisco sports figure that took a stand during the national anthem because of an issue with the United States. It is. You could not have scripted a more one to one example. So you have Colin Kaepernick six years ago saying, because of police violence in this country, I am going to kneel during the anthem, and the entire sports world and newsworld and political world lost itch. And for years it was a topic. You had presidential candidates mentioning it. It was on It crossed over from sports to news. It was legitimately a lead story for months and months and months, multiple years. It was a discussion. Okay, in the twenty twenty election, it got brought up by politicians and on political news. Gabe Kapler does an almost identical thing. Instead of taking a knee, he's simply saying he's not even gonna come out of the clubhouse. His reasoning is not because of police violence, but because of general gun violence, and in his statement, by the way, he took some I think fair put some shots at the police, and it's met with a oh, that's interesting. Maybe it'll fit into the end of some of these shows. Maybe we'll squeeze in ninety seconds for it at the end of it, thirty seconds for it at the end of a newscast. If you ever needed more evidence that the reaction to Colin Kaepernick was not about respecting the flag, not about respecting the troops, not about patriotism, it was purely and always only about America's allergy to black folks protesting in any way, shape or form, then I don't know what more evidence you could you could need. There's a perfect example. It's the same city, it's the it's the same exact method of protest. I'm gonna use the national anthem to show my disgust for a certain element of what's happening in this country. Are folks telling Gabe Kapler to move? Is this the lead story on all the shows? Is this gonna be Are we gonna discuss whether or not Kapler is gonna be able to stay as a manager in baseball, maybe lose his job. Tony Larus has said a few things. It was mentioned a few times on the shows, and people moved on because it was never about the troops. It was never about the anthem. It was never about the military or patriotism or any of it. It was always about telling a rich black guy, shut up, you have it good enough. And the fact that Gabe Kapler is going to get to mostly skate on this, and by the way, I'm glad he does. There's nothing more American then nonviolent protests. And I totally under just like I understood why kapp was using the anthem, because the anthem has been politicized, and that whole pregame ritual has been politicized. To use it to make a statement, I get why Kapler's doing. But the way Kapler and Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich and all these guys can say and do almost whatever they want with whatever criticism there is, it is brief and it is cursory. And cap was you know, the reason NF, the reason NFL ratings were in the tank, allegedly, all of it. It was always as sham. It was always outrageous, and I'm glad that gave Kapler a as the courage to do what he's doing, but b that it's being revealed as the sham that it was Okay, that was a little one.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 4: Oh it was great, preachy preach.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. Yeah, time timed out for a game. Two wrongs won, right, Danielle, what's first?
Speaker 3: Who's telling the truth? McDaniels, Mahomes or Shanahan.
Speaker 4: All right, So Josh McDaniels, he said Derek Carr didn't need a heads up about Colin Kaepernick getting a workout. Patrick Mahomes said, the Kansady wide receiver corps is exactly what you want. And Kyle Shanahan said, I expect Jimmy G to be traded. I actually think there all telling the truth. However, the one who was telling the most truth is Kyle Shanahan. Of course, Jimmy G is getting traded. There's no question about who that he's getting traded. They wanted to move off. They traded three first round picks for a quarterback. The idea that that was that it was up in the air if they were ever going to play the quarterback is just nonsense. So I absolutely believe Shanahan. I also believe Mahomes likes the wide receiver corps. Clearly there's an adjustment has to be made. No Tyreek kill, but I think the Chiefs are in a good position to do that, and I believe Josh McDaniels. Nobody thought they were bringing Colin Kaepernick, who hasn't played in five years, to be the starter. The question wasn't is better than Derek Carr? The question was can he be better than Jared stittall and so? And by the way, they had a quarterback last year as a backup, Marcus Mariota, who was mobile. They had goal line and short yardage packages for him. That's what they would be using for So I actually think all three of these guys are telling the truth. But the one who I know is on the truth Shanahan. He wants Tray Jimmy g just hasn't because he had that surgery that, by the way, underrated story. Seems like the Niners were caught off guard by that surgery. It's a little odd what happened there. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Daniel Who's right? Cuban haslim or worthy?
Speaker 4: All right? So Mark Cuban said the play in games are the cause of the playoff injuries. Of the condensed playoffs, Udonis Haslam says Draymond broke the code picking the Celtics, and James Worthy said all today's players do is lift practice threes, get tats in tweet. All right. I actually think they're all wrong. So the first one they were all right. This one, I think they're all wrong. Mark Cuban, I the idea. I understand that people didn't like the every other day conference finals, but we've been doing a schedule similar to that for some time. The answer is condensed the first round a bit from where it was and have a little more time come to the conference finals. But the playoff injuries, honestly, weren't that brutal this year. You had guys who get injured a lot at the end of the year, like Kyle Lowry showing up injured, Jimmy Butler. He's a guy that has shown the ability to be a triple plus but also wear down and then bounce back. So I don't agree with Cuban, Danis Haslam. Draymond listen. Draymond is media member and NBA player right now, so maybe he partially broke the NBA player code, but he stayed with podcast host TNT employee media member Code and James Worthy just sounds like I love big game James, but he sounds like such an old man yelling at a cloud. These kids with their hippity hop and their their tattoos, Like stop it, James, like just stop it. And by the way, lift and practice seems like a good thing to do for basketball players, says practice threes. I wish they were more fundamentally sound like back in my day. These teams don't have a where's the plastic man when you need him? All right? What's next?
Speaker 3: Best bet for Finals MVP? Tatum Curry for the field, Listen.
Speaker 4: I think the Warriors are going to win, and I would be shocked if Steph doesn't win it. The fact of the matter is this Durant deserved both the finals MVPs that he won with Golden State, but that first finals Lebron should have been Finals MVP. It was thirty six, thirteen and nine. We all know that. But they won't get finals MVP to a guy on the losing team if they weren't going to give it to Lebron. The fact that eleven people voted and seven voted Iguidala. Four voted Lebron and no one voted Curry. I didn't believe it at the time. I still don't believe it. The NBA slapped my hand for saying on TV what I had heard happened, which was Iguidala and Curry. Voters were split and they all ended up coalescing around Iguadala. But Steph Curry won league MVP that year, average more points per game in the finals than he in the regular season. Nobody believes that. Go look it up. His numbers in the finals were better as far as points, rebounds, assists then they were in the regular season, where he won regular season MVP. He didn't win league, he didn't win finals MVP. Instead, they gave a dig with all of for his defense. Again, Lebron averaged thirty six, thirteen and nine. So I say I all that to say this. The voters, oh, Steph one. So if I step is even close to MVP for this finals, if the Warriors win, he'll win it. All right, we're out of time, but we're gonna do this last one anyway.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Danielle, watch one F one the match or top gun two.
Speaker 4: All right, So F one is European race car driving. I'm just curious how many because people have gotten super into it because a Netflix show. How mad would you be if I told you? Once the NBA Playoffs were over, then I have a new thing that I'm super into and I have to start watching four hour race car races.
Speaker 3: I say, okay, all right, I'm sorry to watch the f bombs. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's okay. So you wouldn't I wouldn't be you wouldn't be a fan of that. The match is Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in golf versus Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. That's just Wednesday night that that'll probably watch it. But what I really want to discuss with you is Top Gun and Top Gun two because I found out when we talked about this last week that the producers, most notably Gabe, but also Matt. Because Matt looks like he went to the premiere with roughly thirty people because he posted it on social media, they are giant. Am I wrong about that? Or didn't you post that on social media? I think he did. I'm gonna double check that. Give me a thumbs up if it's true. Matt, So he did Okay, that's what I thought. They love Top Gun? They love it. Do you like the original Top Gun, Danielle?
Speaker 3: I think I think I watched little pieces of it, Like I think I watched it all when I was younger, and then as I got older, I watched like little parts of it. It sucks.
Speaker 4: Okay. So here's the thing. You know, I love Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: I love Tom Cruise too.
Speaker 4: And I never understood the Top Gun thing. But here's what I said about now. Top Gun two is like ninety nine percent on Rotten Tomatoes, like ninety seven percent on audience Score. The reason I said I didn't like Top Gun is Gabe and Matt notwithstanding, is the people who seem to love Top Gun seem to be people I don't like. Does that is that? Does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I think that's what people do.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: If somebody that you don't like like something like, I'm probably no.
Speaker 4: But that's my experience and Gabe's Matt. So here's the here's the thing. Will you watch Top Gun one with me since we both haven't seen it in twenty five years, and then we'll go see Top Gun two and we'll report back because I feel like we have to watch the first one in order to understand the second one.
Speaker 3: I know some see you're telling me you want me back on the show, but just.
Speaker 4: For well, just for just for a Top Gun to review. Demonse's over there, choking. Uh, just for a Top Gun two review. Okay, okay, So we'll watch Top Gun together. Will you try not to fall asleep?
Speaker 3: I'll try not to fall asleep.
Speaker 4: We don't watch any shows together anymore because she just falls asleep eight.
Speaker 3: Minutes because you start watching a TV show at ten eleven o'clock at night after I've been up with you since five point thirty.
Speaker 4: Okay, you say all that, but if we start the show at eight o'clock, you still fall asleep.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 3: You don't know around me.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we don't need to all right now, we're getting a little personal business in here. We don't need to do all that. The NBA playoffs are almost over. Okay, So we're gonna watch Top Gun together. Then we're gonna go to Top Gun two together, and you'll come back for a review. Deal, deal, all right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds of car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 4: All right, Welcome back in final segment What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast and YouTube show, episode twenty three. Like, rate, subscribe, review, and please check out the ongoing countdown of the fifty years players Last fifty Years this weekends. I knew it was going to be the most controversial because we got into the top twenty one. Chris Paul twenty one, luk a Doncitz twenty don't what? What's you bell? What? Then? You thought it was bad take?
Speaker 3: Very bad take?
Speaker 4: Why is it a bad take? You guys can start the clock? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: How good Chris Paul be behind by Luca?
Speaker 4: I mean because I think Luca is better.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't even want to get into this. I'm not going to get into this because I don't win arguments with you. I don't feel like it.
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't win arguments with me.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like it. And not when it comes to sports.
Speaker 4: What about when it comes to things like whether or not I brought my computer to Philadelphia with us.
Speaker 3: You didn't, Nick, I packed that bag. The computer was not in it.
Speaker 4: It was at the bottom, and you also unpacked it, which is why I didn't take.
Speaker 3: No, because you never brought it downstairs, said I'm not You're not okay? What you did not bring the computer?
Speaker 4: What if I told you I used it when I got home Saturday, Friday night, Saturday night, whatever night we were in the hotel room. What if I told you I know I used it. No, you didn't that change your opinion. No, I watched Netflix on it in the hotel room when I got back and you and Nicole were sleeping.
Speaker 3: What if I told you that you're lying?
Speaker 4: I am exactly You're lying. I brought it. By the way, speaking of our trip, we.
Speaker 3: Are going to talk about that again for the show. Yes we are, No, we're not.
Speaker 4: I have another show to do.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I've got you've got to do a ranking.
Speaker 3: I'm with you every day. I'm getting you on that.
Speaker 4: We just disagree about what happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, next yet we just next?
Speaker 5: Next?
Speaker 4: Three? All right? I want to talk to you about your decision to invite three children to this house to spend the night. They are ages nine, seven, and four. You decided to do it on a day when you were working. The moment you got home from work, you came home and went to sleep. And when you got up from going to sleep, you went out because your best friends from out of town shout out to Nicole. Till four in the morning.
Speaker 3: The kids were asleep, right, but the kids. I didn't leave till ten. The kids were a sleep. But then I could do whatever I want when people are asleep. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: You you had these kids come over on a night of the game seven of the NBA Finals when you're not gonna be here and was here though, and but you you were either and they were asleep, okay, they were you were you? As soon as you got home, you went to bed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was tired. I had taken nap before I went out.
Speaker 4: You had three straight nights of out till after three in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't have many friends in New York, so when my friend comes in town, we were about to live it up. Party party. Okay, sorry you missed out because it was awesome every single night.
Speaker 4: Yep. Yeah, I had to catch up on my rest. You also didn't really invite me last night. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: No, because you were watching the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, you said you could have waited until the game.
Speaker 3: Was Oh, I don't like this set up. We're gonna talk about anything else, you know, like, what's I don't know this block that we're in right now? What the roast block? You just decided to roast me after I'm doing you guys a favor being here.
Speaker 4: But we're doing you a favorite. Two. This is a great advertisement for now. No, no, it's been the last thirty seconds of the show talking about Trentage. No, okay, tell people what it's about where they can come see you. Well, they do.
Speaker 3: It's a women's boutique. Uh huh. It is trendy and vintage. That's how I came up with the name Trientage. Yeah, it's in Harlem one hundred and nineteenth in Linux address one eighty two Linux Avenue. Catch me there almost every day except for Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Almost every day except for Monday and Tuesday, or a Saturday if you decide to go to Philadelphia, or a different Saturday if you're in Belize, or a different day if you're in Los Angeles, but the otherwise you catch it there. All right? Cool? Is there anything else you want?
Speaker 3: You're a hater, I'm not a hater.
Speaker 4: That'll be fifteen hundred bucks though for that library.
Speaker 3: That's well, I guess it's even because you owe me two gee's for this show.
Speaker 4: Oh really, that's your rate? Yeah, two thousand an hour for.
Speaker 3: Broadcasting two thousand episode an episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think we can afford you. Looks like Demonsi's back in the seat because I'm I'm trying to do the math on what Demondic gets paid for this, and it's not quite two thousand a month. So Demondy's got his job back. Great job. Daniel loved Today Show