Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and xsp can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cibo life is better with options, your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with Cibo company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at cbo dot com slash us underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one seventy seven of Watch Right with Nick Wright and this episode of What's Right when Nick Wright is brought to you by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app. I can order my favorites anytime I want and have them delivered to me whenever and where. In fact, ordering on the app is so easy, I'm gonna place an order right now. Got the app open right there. And if I know this the local delivery in the McDonald's app as well as I think I do, I think I'll have this to me before the end of the show. So hold on. Two Breakfast burritos, Hash Brown's orange juice and done Apple pay Done. See it. It's that literally, that easy. Now I'm focused on the show. McDonald's brings me the food right to my door, which again, we're gonna be a little true. We're gonna we're taking a bit of a risk here. We've got let's let's make let's see when this gets delivered. If we have to extend the show, I don't think we will. My guess is somewhat at some point during our gambling segment, my breakfast burritos come in, and Demons, who I'm gonna introduce right now. I hope you're ready with some good gambling takes, because when the food comes, I'm taking a break and I'm eating. Demonse is smiling because we have not yet discussed last week's gambling show. Yikes for both of us. Buddy, not great. We will get to how we're gambling picks in a moment. How are you doing this morning.
Speaker 2: Sun, Pretty good man? How about yourself? I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: You know, today is an emotional day for the family. We take Diora to college, get on a plane, as we will now have two of our three children living in California while we live in New York City. Doora and I had a heart to heart last night about not about how she's going to do in school, not about decision making, not about grades, about the fact that you and her have now left me with, objectively speaking, two of the craziest people who have ever lived in your baby sister and your mother, and I am all alone, and that I am going to need regular chats with each of you. We will discuss that potentially later in the show, but we must get to the news of the day. Here's what missed the cut.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The NFL Player Association calls for grass fields, Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift quietly hanging out right after I declare myself on team Oh, What's what's my girl's name? The one who's in the beef with Tayler Olivia Rodrigo. I said I was team Olivia Rodrigo. And now it looks like Kelsey and Taylor Swift might be dating and aliens found in Mexico.
Speaker 2: This is what.
Speaker 3: Matt Ford wanted us to talk about the entire show. Unfortunately it missed the cut. Demons, Let's get into Thursday Night football. Tonight's game what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: All Right?
Speaker 4: So the Vikings traveled to Philly tonight's play the Eagles. Both teams struggled last week, but Philly managed to pull out the dub. Was this just week one, rust or do you expect these teams issues to continue?
Speaker 3: Okay? So for the Vikings, I think their offense will look better than it looked against Tampa.
Speaker 2: But I I picked.
Speaker 3: This team, missed the playoffs. I don't think it's a great team. Last year I tried to tell it, I listen to be fair, I was far from the only person saying they are winning all of these one score games. It is not sustainable. And then riddle me that out of no, you know, for Week one of this year they lose a one score game. With that said, I think they have a very interesting opportunity tonight. That Philly secondary last year played five good to very good quarterbacks all year, just five. They scored an average of thirty three points on that Philly defense. It was golf Trevor Rogers Dak Mahomes. This year, Philly, now they only allowed twenty points. But Mac Jones. Mac Jones threw for three hundred plus and three scores. What is it going to look like Demonse when it's your Jefferson, justin Jefferson, pardon me, and rookie Jordan Addison running back there. I think the Vikings are gonna be able to score some points tonight, and so I it's not me saying that I think the Vikings are gonna win necessarily. But I'll tell you this much and we'll talk about Survivor Pools later. I stayed away from Philly and Survivor Pools this week because I think that Philly's secondary can get got and I thought Jalen looked a little shaky in Week one. Demontse go ahead, you looked like you were gonna say something.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I honestly just think that it's gonna be a good game. I think that given the circumstances, it's pretty pretty evenly matched.
Speaker 3: But that's if it's evenly matched, that's a bit of an indictment, if you will, on where Philly is right now and now, the person to watch on Philly is Jalen Carter, their rookie d tackle, who a lot of people thought was the single best player in last year's draft. He fell almost all the way out of the top ten because of some really tough off the field stuff when he was at Georgia and people were concerned about him. He was dominant, absolutely dominant in Week one, but they lost to Kobe Dean with an injury, They lost a corner, the secondary was already shaky. So I think that Cousin, if Cousins has time tonight, I think the Vikings can score a lot of points. And I think that there's a long article on ESPN right now about the number of hits Jalen Hurts has been taking and how often he's running. Remember at the end of the Patriots game, he fumbled, which kind of opened the door for the Patriots to potentially win. They just couldn't close the deal. Philly is an interesting one to watch. The Super Bowl hangover can be real. They got they escaped with an important win in you know, a tough environment on Sunday. But I'm very interested in watching them tonight.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, So I mean, I think you've kind of already answered the question, So who do you think?
Speaker 2: Who do you see? It's hurting it? And also actually go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just ask.
Speaker 2: You Andrew Orsi's question.
Speaker 4: He says, Kirk Cousins in primetime will do more damage than the Eagles secondary.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that didn't play. Listen, that didn't play. But I do think the Vikings are semi desperate in Week two. If you think about the Vikings, their playoff game ended tragically in a one possession loss. They blow a game to Baker Mayfield in the Bucks. And now last year wasn't Vikings Eagles. I don't know if it was a Thursday night or a Monday night game last year, and that Kirk was the only I guess you could say above average quarterback the Eagles played last year and totally shut him down. I remember that game was like twenty three to seven. So the Vikings just have a lot on the line here and I think the Eagles will win. I would not lay the six, and now that Eagles offense against a very suspect Vikings defense should be able to do some damage. With the Vikings brought in Brian Flores this offseason, the defense was okay in Week one. Baker evidently figured out their the signals in that game in the second half, which is one of the reasons they had so much success. I'm excited for the night's game and I think it's a high scoring one, all right. Next, let's go Chiefs Jacks.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So there's no doubt that Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback in football.
Speaker 5: There's a little bit of a doubt right now if you ask me, though, But.
Speaker 4: After a rocky Week one, he plays the second best quarterback in football. The prince that was promised Jamesviller lost by a touchdown of the playoffs, but that was on the road without Ridley. Is the Prince's first step? Is this the Prince's first step to becoming keing? Hey, dude, I'll tell you something.
Speaker 2: He's way better than Jared Goff. But go ahead, Hey.
Speaker 3: That's true. But before I even answered that, you said something interesting there. You were like, you seem to question Patrick Mahomes's place atop the quarterback hierarchy. Who do you think belongs there? And if you say tua, I'm coming through the screen.
Speaker 5: Who maybe the guy that beat him last Sunday?
Speaker 3: Jared Goff? Okay, yeah, man, those guys were better in Week one. It does not make them better quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm giving I'm I'm giving them giving him a lot of bad word but uh, but yeah, he obviously didn't have his receivers bulls well.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, listen, so I think that Jags playoff game was not going to be close at all. If you remember, the Chiefs were moving up and down the field at will. Mahomes got his ankle maimed and that obviously changed the complexion of the game. The Chiefs were still infirmed control throughout. I do think take that everyone thought was such a hot take that Trevor is an unquestioned top five quarterback in football is now conventional wisdom. I believe the Chiefs with Chris Jones back, I think they're gonna have Kelsey back, are gonna win this football game. I won't panic if they don't, but I would be very surprised given that they lost Week one. I mean, Mahomes has never been two games below five hundred in his career. He's only lost back to back games, I believe, three times in his career, and I think the Chiefs with the extra rest with the mini by are going to be sharp. With that said, you mentioned Ridley. Ridley looked awesome, absolutely awesome. Travis Ettien looked good. The rookie tank Bigsby, despite I think he was the one that had a fumble. He looked good as well. The Jags are legit. This is my projected AFC Championship game. But I don't think the Jags defense is going to slow down the Chiefs offense the way and the Lions defense, in my opinion, didn't really slow down the Chiefs offense. The Chiefs offense slowed down the Chiefs offense. They had guys running open. They just kept dropping passes on that last drive, even the fourth and twenty five they sky moore.
Speaker 2: Hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and obviously Canarios turning in the first play of the drive. And the Lions are I don't think they're a great team. They're a good team. And so I think Trevor is awesome, absolutely awesome. You guys know that I like the Chiefs this week. Go ahead, what are your followings?
Speaker 5: You like Trevor and all that.
Speaker 4: But if the Chiefs end up losing this game, is it time to break the glass and hit that red panic button.
Speaker 3: No, because they would have lost to two good teams, and because here are their next half dozen games, Chicago, the Jets, the Vikings, Denver, the Chargers Denver before they play Miami. By the way, Chiefs Dolphins is about to be the greatest international game europe game ever. Chiefs Dolphins is going to be at nine to thirty in the morning Eastern in Germany in the first week in November, also known as something Demanse has a zero percent chance of watching because that will be on at six thirty in the morning on the West Coast. So even if the Chiefs were to lose, they're not even playing a losable game until week nine.
Speaker 4: It's not like they exactly go out there and destroy the Broncos every time they see them, I think, and they play them twice.
Speaker 2: And you said you mentioned the Jets.
Speaker 4: Hey, dude, yeah, it's not It's honestly not looking kosher right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not worried about the Jets at all. And while you can mention the fact that the Chiefs don't blow out the Broncos, the last time Demanse, the Broncos beat the Chiefs, you were a junior in high school. I'm gonna say that again, the last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs. The Broncos have won a Super Bowl more recently than they have beaten the Chiefs. The last time the Broncos beat the Chiefs Barack Obama was president.
Speaker 4: So the last time the Broncos had Sean Payton and Russell Wilson as their front runners.
Speaker 3: Well, last year they had Russell Wilson and they were down twenty seven to nothing in the first game against the Chiefs and second of all Sean Payton. That looked a whole hell of a lot like the NTT Hackett Broncos, bad fourth down calls, ten penalties, scored sixteen points and lose.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't see a big station there. One last question.
Speaker 5: Last last year, last year, you made a.
Speaker 4: Lot of money on the same game parlay within the Chiefs Shags games.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna do it again this year? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You know, those are the same game parlay stuff. It's kind of like if the mood strikes me. I don't know if I'll do that this year. If I do, I'll tweet it out, But I'm not certain I haven't really dove into the same game parlay waters this year just yet?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 4: All right, So Robert Sala apparently has made it clear that Zach Wilson is the Jets QB one. But you think that they're gonna move on after Wilson gets embarrassed by this Cowboys defense. You said on TV they should trade for Cooper Rush or Tokoby Versett. What's the point in trading for more assets for a mid quarterback if they can't win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the point is your season won't be dead on a right. The point is you have a young team that has never experienced any type of postseason, well any postseason whatsoever, hasn't played any super high leverage games, and trying to keep your team involved or keep your team into it late in the year because the defense does look great, because the running game does look excellent, because Garrett Wilson was phenomenal. And the fact of the matter is, it's not that they have a bad quarterback demonse, because anyone available right now is not going to be great. The other the name you didn't mention that I had said was the number one called Macus Jameis Winston. But it's not that they have a bad quarterback, demonse, they have the worst quarterback in the league. The worst Zach Wilson's first year in the league. He finished where do you think amongst all quarterbacks? He finished im passer rating. I'll tell you debinly, where do you think, Well, no worse than thirty second, because like forty guys qualified, as you know what I mean, because backups player or whatever. He finished amongst all qualifying quarterbacks his rookie year, ambassarating last amongst all qualifying quarterbacks his rookie year, and completion percentage last. All right, what about his second year? His second year, he finished last in both those categories. He's been He's had the double double last place finishes in both his year's starter go ahead.
Speaker 5: He's spent the summer with Aaron Rodgers, though, I think that's of note.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I keep hearing people say this, You're not the only one, like, oh, he's gonna be better via osmosis, via just being around Aaron. And it's not as if Aaron was brought in to make Zach better. Aaron was brought into play quarterback. So here's the thing. Everyone knows Zach Wilson at some point is getting benched. Everyone knows it. The sooner the Cowboys admit it, I'm sorry, the Jets admit it the better, which is why I don't think it's terrible. They're playing the Cowboys in Week one or week two, but week one with Zach because he'll light them. They'll light Zach up and the Jets will turn the page. It's what they gotta do. And if they don't, go ahead, Sorry.
Speaker 5: No, no, I was just saying, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: If they don't, then week three they have the Patriots, who Zach Wilson, just to be clear, has played four games against the Patriots. Of course he's zero four. He completes fifty percent of his passes, has two touchdowns, seven picks, and where's his rating. It's gotta be just her. Oh, you know what, that's unbelievable. I looked at I thought I was looking at his completion percentage when I said fifty. Now his completion percentage is fifty one. His passer rating against the Patriots is fifty fifty five zero. So if the if the Cowboys don't get him on the bench, the Patriots will, and then the next week they'll have a new quarterback the Sooners. The Jets admit that the better because the rest of the team's good. But we're not gonna pretend. The Jets last year turned to Flacco, Mike White, Chris Streveler. They were so out on Zach Wilson demonse. His own teammates were wearing Mike white shirts. When Zach Wilson was still on the team, they threw up half a parade for replacing him with Rogers. Now they're pretending, okay, yeah, you know what, we.
Speaker 2: Believe tweets saying that he's our guy.
Speaker 3: By the way, they got no choice, they got they got no choice. All right?
Speaker 4: Next, all right, the Dolphins electric offense is facing the patriots stout.
Speaker 2: Defense this weekend.
Speaker 4: There's anybody who can slow down Mike McDaniel's offense, it's gotta be Belichick. If the Patriots can slow down the Dolphins, is there any hope for the rest of the league.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. It oddly, even before Tua appeared to be good, the one team he always played well against was New England Tua. It's the opposite of the Zach Wilson thing. Tua four games against the Patriots, four and Zho completes sixty nine percent of his passes. Now, his numbers aren't amazing. His passer rating in those games is only eighty nine, but he's never lost to the Patriots. I am interested in this game. But the fact of the matter is, Mike McDaniel is a brilliant play designer, Tyreek is the most dangerous player in the league. And Tua's when he's been healthy under McDaniel, he's been great. Like I just have to give him credit. I've got to give him credit. And the defense. While the defense didn't look good against the Chargers, it did on that final drive. There's a lot of reasons to take the Dolphins very seriously. I picked him before the year, if you remember, to win the division when everyone was all in on the Jets and people still love the Bills, and so I for my purposes, I like the Dolphins this weekend. I'm curious see what Belichick, what wrinkles he has in play, But that Dolphins ofphense with everyone healthy, looks really really good. Go ahead, Does this something you want to say about it? No?
Speaker 4: I mean Tua being Belichick's kryptonite is pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: I feel like if a quarterback is.
Speaker 4: Going in there and having Belichick and the Patriots number, that's that's pretty big, don't I don't think that's a crazy simple team.
Speaker 3: But it totally agree and it also was true even when people didn't believe in Tua. Tua's rookie year when he was not good played the Patriots, they won twenty two to twelve, even though who didn't play very well his second year, first game of the year, they won seventeen to sixteen against the Patriots, and in the final week of the season they won thirty three to twenty four. And then last year, week one of the season they beat the Patriots twenty to seven, and then he was injured for their final matchup against them.
Speaker 2: So for some.
Speaker 3: Reason, Tua plays really really well against the Dolphins, I should say when Tua plays, plays really really well against New England. All right, last one? All right?
Speaker 4: So Week one we saw Burrow and the Bengals get embarrassed. The Ravens gotta win, but suffered injuries unfortunately, and didn't look much better at offense. Now they're both facing off on Sunday. Which team are you more concerned about. I'll tell you what team I'm not concerned about. It's the Ravens.
Speaker 3: But ghead, why are you not concerned about the Ravens?
Speaker 5: Tell me you concerned?
Speaker 4: I think that the Bengals get off to it's obvious that they get off to bad starts through for eighty nine yards last week.
Speaker 2: It's yep. I've got much more.
Speaker 4: Faith in the Ravens coming out with this game than I do then the Bengals turning it around and not stand on a cold start.
Speaker 3: Okay, for a few things, I'm not certain, but that sounds like the Ravens are going to be in Demonse's tease I don't know that that to be true, but it sure sounds like they're gonna be one of Demonse's teaser teams. As bad as Joe Burrow was in Week one, Lamar wasn't way better. Lamar threw for one sixty nine zero touchdowns. A pick Zay Flowers, by the way, was awesome. Now that is the silver lining for the Ravens. Odell was nonexistent and the Ravens injuries. Mark Andrews didn't play week one. Their left tackle Ronnie Stanley got dinged again, their center got dinged, the Dobbins done for the year. They were missing someone in the secondary. They had another player in the second get hurt. They're worried. I think it's a torn peck or biceps or something similar. So the Ravens injuries piled up. They did to me, didn't look that sharp and the Bengals are desperate. I think we're opposed on this one. De mon'sy. I like Cincinnati in this spot. Cincinnati did look terrible, there's no doubt about it. But Cincinnati, you're right, they're used to slow starts and digging themselves out of that hole to a degree. I think they'll be better. I also think the Ravens injuries maybe they're aside from Dobbins, you don't expecting to be season long issues. But for this week, I think it's a tough spot. If this is what I'll tell you, I think the Cincinnati is gonna win. If Cincinnati loses, they could be in real trouble. If Cincinnati loses, I understand everyone is like, oh, they you know the last few years they were able to pull themselves out of it. Yes, But the reason the Arrowhead Invitational is the arrow At Invitational is because the Bengal never have a better record than the Chiefs. And if you fall to oh and two and you still have games, you know, another game against Baltimore, two against Pittsburgh. Will see what Pittsburgh looks like. Obviously Week one they look terrible. You play against City, you play San Francisco, you play Buffalo. Yep. So I think this is a very important game for Cincinnati, and I think they're gonna get it. We'll see if they are involved in my picks. Go ahead? No not, Oh, it looked like you were licking your chops getting readybe you're just getting thinking about the teaser. I'm very curious to see what the other legs of the teaser are because I've sniffed out that the Ravens are getting teased in this because their dogs. Wrong. Okay, maybe I'm wrong, all right, maybe I'm wrong. Also, see if my McDonald's gets here, we'll do all that. Take quick break, come back, what's right.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Juell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Knavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: In episode one seventy seven What's Right with Nick Wright, we will get to our gambling picks for the week is Demansay and I try to have a winning week after fal during a bit ink to in week one. Here in just a moment, but let me remind you. This episode of What's Right with Nick Wright is brought to you by the McDonald's app. How many times you've been in that situation, had a really long day, You're really hungry. Last thing you want to do is cook a meal or leave your house to go pick something up. I don't want to exaggerate a I go through that, you know, a half dozen times, a couple times a week, hundreds of times throughout my life. My saving grace is the McDelivery option in the McDonald's app. We're talking about getting McDonald's delivered right to your door. I ordered my breakfast earlier. It's already here, Jake handing it to me. Jake, thank you so much. The orange juice. Hold on, let me let me grab my hash brown perfect today. Have a favorite of mine in the morning, the Britle meal, A couple of burritos, hash browns, and an orange juice. And now every time you ordering in the McDelivery, pardon me. In McDonald's app earns your points where its free food. And let's be honest, there's basically nothing better than free food. So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's in the McDonald's app. Download the McDonald's app today At participating McDonald's delivery prices maybe higher than at restaurants. Delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. De mom'say, where's my McDonald's you were saying during the break. Yeah, I know you wanted a mcgriddle. This is what happens when you are in LA. I'm here in New York. It is delicious. Why don't you why eat my hash brown? All wait through the burritles? Why I eat my hash brown? Why don't you go over my picks from last week? Because I did not have a winning week. Wasn't a disaster, but wasn't a winning week. We can show it to you on the screen. We have the greens or winners. The reds are losers. Go ahead, tell America how I did.
Speaker 4: All right, so we went two and three overall season record right now is looking at two and three right moves, oh when one and our picks from last week would be oh am I not no?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, go ahead? All right.
Speaker 4: So it was Jagg's minus four and a half at Indy was a we won that one. Green Bay plus one and a half at Chicago also.
Speaker 3: Winner by a mile, never a doubt.
Speaker 4: And then we got New England plus four versus Philly.
Speaker 3: That unfortunate that the side of that bet I got a two point conversion waved off due to a BS holding call. I like that pick. I think I was on the right side of that.
Speaker 4: Next, I don't think the losing side is ever the right side. We had Buffalo two and a half at the Jets that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I lost that bet. Aaron Rodgers goes down four plays in, Josh Allen just can't stop turning the ball over. Serves me right for betting on Josh Allen disaster.
Speaker 4: And then lastly we have the right move. We had Pittsburgh plus two and a half versus Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Francisco.
Speaker 3: Guys, worst bet I ever made in my life, and you know what I'm making I'm making an executive decision here, No more right move. We're done with it. We're done with it. We're just five picks. I'm not picking one game more special than the others. I hate it. I'm not doing it anymore. Last year I did great in the picks, still at a losing record on the right move. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Another thing you should do is maybe listen to your son on the podcast every once in a while. Maybe just don't bet against brock Party.
Speaker 2: Maybe, oh well, do that.
Speaker 3: What do you see the picks this week?
Speaker 2: Chief? Okay?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, we'll see god I hash Brown all over me. All right, So here's the deal, five picks. We're two and three on the week. We'll get to Demanse's teaser in a moment. What's the first one, Demonse?
Speaker 4: All right, So the first one, We've got Cincinnati minus three versus Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yep, love this. I love this spot for the reasons I just explained before. I was not impressed by Baltimore's passing game in Week one. The injuries are mounting for the Ravens. I don't have to lay more than three, so I'm just laying a field goal for Cincinnati at home. They're better than Baltimore. I'm only laying three points. The sharps agree with me forty four percent of the tickets, but seventy two percent of the money so far is on Cincinnati. Now, what's not good is Joe Burrow's two and five against the spread in weeks one and two in his career, and Harbaugh is twenty one and ten against the spread, pardon me, in his career, which is the best in the NFL. But I like Cincinnati in the spot. I think they get to one and one. I think that as bad as Cincinnati looked in Week one, they're not gonna look that bad again. And oddly, Cleveland has owned Joe Burrow in his career, Baltimore has not. I like Cincinnati in the spot. Yeah, all right, well next one we can go to the next pace.
Speaker 4: We've got Pittsburgh plus two and a half versus Cleveland.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the deal. Just because I Pittsburgh plus two and a half ruined me in Week one, does not believe I'm gonna throwaway everything that I saw in the preseason and in the offseason and the week two. Far too often there are overreactions stick with what you believed going into the year, if you had a strong conviction. I had a strong conviction about the Steelers. And Cleveland has won in Pittsburgh once in the last twenty years. That's noteworthy. Kevin Stefanski not a good coach. Mike Tomlin an awesome coach. That's a good thing for me. Kevin Stefanski against the spread in the AFC North six and thirteen. Tomlin, as we said last week, as a home dog, is one of the best bets in football. He's gonna all of a sudden lose back to back games as a home dog. I don't buy it. Pittsburgh has won. I did not know this. Pittsburgh's won their last twenty home Monday night football games. That's insane. So Tomlin has never lost a home Monday night football game. Uh. And So for all those reasons, and because I did not think Deshan Watson looked good at all in Week one, and the Browns lost their right tackle Jack Conklin for the season, so they're gonna have their rookie out there. All those reasons, I like Pittsburgh in this spot. Are you convinced demand that Pittsburgh stinks or do you think that was more of an aberration game.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not totally sure if I'm convinced Pittsburgh's Pittsburgh's stinks, but I am not convinced on that bet.
Speaker 5: That wouldn't take them at plus two and a half for Cleveland.
Speaker 3: All right, So you don't like either of my first two bets. You don't like Cincinnati minus three or Pittsburgh plus two and a half.
Speaker 2: No, the Cincinnati one I like more than this one.
Speaker 3: But I feel great. I feel even better. I'm glad we're all the opposite side. I don't I don't know if you got your finger on the pulse of the league just yet.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like going more heart than head.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Next all right, next week, I got this one, I bet though, yeud. We got Giants minus six at Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, listen, I'm laying a big number with a team that just got forty to nothing in Week one. I feel fine about it. The Cardinals are gonna be terrible. That Giants defense has to be furious. It never really got a chance to get off the ground in Week one. Brian Dable mortified about what happened against the Cowboys the Giants is not an exaggeration. The Giants season is over if they lose this game. If you lose forty to nothing on national TV to start the year and then you lose to a team everyone believes is tanking with Josh Dobbs playing quarterback, your season's over. So the Giants have to win this spot. I'm laying less than a touchdown, Daniel Joe. It has to bounce back, going from being up against maybe the best defense in football to one of the five worst defenses in football. It's gonna feel them like they're playing a different sport entirely. Now here's what's not good. This is a very square bet. Ninety percent of the money is on the Giants as a road favorite. Also, I'm not getting a great number. It opened at four and a half, it's now six. Where I feel better about that is as Demons knows five, five and a half not exactly key numbers. So yes, I am I am not getting great line value here, but it's not going across any of the key numbers. And Daniel Jones eighteen and five against the spread in his career or after his last twenty three straight up losses, I think the Giants. The Giants are gonna be a very popular survivor play. I like them to win. I like them to win something like twenty four to ten. The Giants in the spot.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Next we got Tampa Bay minus two and a half versus Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, this is a square bet. I'm telling you that right now. Everyone likes the Bucks here and I went back and forth on it, I think, and it was not reassuring, I'll be honest when we saw that Baker, I thought it was a good job by Baker deciphering the Viking signals, but a bet. But it it was not reassuring moving forward because if the only reason he had success was because he figured out what plays they were running. That's concerning the flip side, is this the Bears might just be a disaster. They and I don't know how much they're going to change course. After one week they did not. I think they called one one designed run for justin fields that entire game. You know, at my pal Danny Parkins, who does afternoons on the score in Chicago, really laid into him fairly that they are trying to change the player justin fields is DJ Moore, who was one of the big pieces they got in the trade for the number one pick. He only had two targets the entire game. They weren't letting justin fields throw the ball down the field. So all these reasons, and Tampa is at home with a good defense, a healthy team, good weapons, feeling good, and I'm laying less than a field goal. I like the bucks here. I also, I also understand that this is going to be a very public bet, and I feel nervous about it. But but it is what it is. And now a play that Demonse is gonna think I'm absolutely insane on and I think the line is actually even getting better. Give me the next one, Demonse, All.
Speaker 2: Right, next one.
Speaker 4: You got the Rams at plus seven, Rams plus seven and a half versus San fran and that line is but you're now getting eight and a half eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So here's the deal. Divisional road favorites laying seven or more points like San Francisco is early in the year, like this week, two in the last twenty years own five against the spread. This is the reason that there are a lot of reasons people are gonna be on the niners. Okay, people are gonna be on the Niners because Shanahan traditionally has owned McVeigh. He's ten and six against the spread against McVay. Brock Purty obviously has been a covering machine. The Niners looked perfect in Week one. I understand all of those things. The Rams everyone thought they were dead on arrival. This year they looked really good against a Seattle team that I think is good. I think the Rams eventually might be dead on arrival, but right now they think we're alive. And I don't think at home they're going to get blown out by the Niners. I also think that we are that it is going to be almost impossible for brock Purdy to play as well as he did last week. Eight and a half is way too many points when the other team has the better quarterback, when the other team has Aaron Donald that is looking at not like peak Aaron Donald, but damn good. I do not think the Rams are gonna win. I don't even necessarily think this is going to be a game that's gonna be in a lot of doubt in the second half. But seven and a half and now eight and a half points is just too many points. I am taking the Rams plus eight and a half against San Francisco. Obviously, demanse, you think San Francisco is gonna win? Do you do you like this pick at all? Because of the points I'm getting.
Speaker 5: I do like the pick. Wow, I like it a lot. I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: Actually that is that is shocking to me. But go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't like it more than my picks.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think, oh the I I think that the uh, the Rams did play well last week, and I don't think that I think brock Party is good, but I don't think that they're going to come out there and blow the Rams out. If if it were in San Francisco, I'd have like a totally different difference out the line.
Speaker 3: It looks like that San Francisco line would be like thirteen. Like it's just too many points for an early season road divisional game. So here are the go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Also, the one thing I don't like about this because you don't have the Chiefs in here and they're going and they're playing that, they're playing the Jags.
Speaker 5: They're coming back from being embarrassed getting beaten.
Speaker 4: By the Lions. I feel like you, of all people, would hammer the Chiefs in this scenario.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. If you were gonna bet the Chiefs, you needed to do it earlier in the week. The Chiefs were minus two, they're now minus three and a half. That is a huge point and a half difference, the fact that it crossed over the three. And now if the Chiefs win, if the Chiefs are up ten like the playoff game was, they're up ten and then the Jags I think with the playoff game, maybe the Jags got late field goal, doesn't matter, but the back door cover is just so alive when you're laying three and a half, and it would just be such a square bet where you could have gotten the Chiefs at minus two or two and a half, and now to lay the three and a half, I just can't do it. And so that's why at two and a half, I would, in fact, in one of my season long picks contests where the lines lock, like Wednesday night, they were two and a half and I did include them, But at three and a half, I'm not doing it. So that's the reasoning there. Now to the recap quickly of our picks before we get to Demon's teaser. I've got Cincinnati minus three, the Giants minus six, Pittsburgh plus two and a half, Tampa minus two and a half, and the Rams plus eight and a half. Against San Francisco last week, I I went two and three, so I'm down one point three units now. Demanse last week in his teaser, we can show it to you Demonse's teaser and talk. We'll talk through it for a moment. Tampa plus twelve didn't even need it, Vegas plus ten didn't even need it, Cincinnati plus three and a half needed instead of a six point teaser, needed to do a sixty point teaser. And I am listen, I am not I I'm not doing anything other than trying to be helpful. The reason you got from my grade on this a B minus was because I told you the Cincinnati leg you were not getting adequate value, and then the Cincinnati leg you end up losing on. So let's I don't know what your teaser is this week. I'm gonna let you take it from here. I believe in you. I think you're gonna learn your lesson, and I think it's gonna be a great one. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: It really helped. Yes, I was honestly weary about it. The entire time. But let's get into this week's teaser. Yeah, we got Rams plus seven and a half to fourteen and a half. It's the seventh. It is a three team seven point, three team seven point teaser. By the way, Rams plus seven plus one, right, and then we got Ravens plus three to plus ten, and then we got Jags plus three and a half to plus ten and a half.
Speaker 2: That's the teaser, ladies and gentlemen, demonse, that's right, a good teaser.
Speaker 3: That is a great teaser. Some people, I'm sure would be teasing the Rams Niners game in the other direction, meaning teasing the Niners from seven and a half down to a pick them or from eight and a half to plus one and a half. I like your side of it more. You got the Jags at a good number. You got Baltimore across key numbers. I I here's here's the only question I have. Have you officially placed that yet or are you waiting till later either today or tomorrow to place so.
Speaker 5: The Rams number I think has changed is what it sounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, so you would get it at you would get the Rams at fifteen and a half. And here's the other thing, you might Baltimore in some shot, like right now, Baltimore plus three is even money and Cincinnati minus three is minus one twenty, which means that one might move to three and a half, which then would give you plus ten and a half. So that so the point I'm making is, if you're gonna someone out there, you're locked in on this, except we can change the rams to fifteen and a half. You're locked in on this for our show's purposes. But if someone wants to trail Demonse's teaser, maybe way to beat and see if you can get Baltimore at plus three and a half. So then it goes across the ten to plus ten and a half. But demanse as far as process as you're getting, you have two home teams catching fifteen and a half and ten and a half, and then a divisional game against a team that doesn't start the season great getting ten points. I think that's a pretty sharp bet. I think that's an A level teaser. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I felt really good, and honestly, I used Cincinnati the teaser that.
Speaker 5: I failed on last week. I obviously used that.
Speaker 4: But Andrew Ortez says, those are such great teasers I'm gonna use the McDonald's app to treat myself to a good breakfast because he knows that he's gonna get your money off of my teaser. Thank you, Andrew or tease.
Speaker 3: That is very smart. All right, listen, time now for the offer and demands. We're doing this a little bit differently.
Speaker 4: Evidently, yes, we are doing it a little bit differently. So we've got a special offer for you this week, and would you like to go to the casino?
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you that question.
Speaker 2: Answer to that's always yes, hypothetic.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, sweet, So if you accept this offer, you'll trigger a gambling mini game.
Speaker 2: Do you accept it? Sounds like you do.
Speaker 3: The answer is yep.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna We're gonna go to the casino, and our game of choice today is the slot machine. The slot machine will give you the parameters for a bet you need to make. The category is are bet type, division and wild card.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it. So let's throw up the first slot machine and we'll see. Okay, this is great. This is really well done by the Blue Duck folks. All right, I'm pulling the lever. Go ahead, come on, all right, A money line NFC East parlay. All right, So a money line NFC East parlay. All right, So Vikings Eagles I'm not including in this. I gotta see, so the Giants on the money line, and then it would be Commanders Broncos. Oh well, this is an easy one. I don't think it's gonna pay all that well, but I'll find out. Right now, my money line parlay for the NFC East would be a Giants Cowboys money line parlay, which honestly, is gonna sound so good you might have to bet it. The Giants to beat the Cardinals and the Cowboys to beat the Jets. That's only minus one forty. I might actually make that bet. I like it, all right, it looks like we have more, but that my money line parlay is the Giants to win outright and the Cowboys to win outright at minus one. Do we have more from the casino? I think we I think we're doing three of these, all right, Next, let me go ahead and the yeah, there we go. All right, I'm pulling the lever bank. Let's see what we land on against the spread. AFC West alternate line. Oh now, we're really being exotic here, but okay, let me see what we can get AFC West. So my options are the Raiders against the Bills.
Speaker 4: Gosh, chef's money line perhaps, well the oh, this guy's sit here.
Speaker 3: The no, I'm trying to figure out the right bet. I'm doing this on the fly. The Bronco so can I I think I can. And the Chargers are so the Broncos are playing Washington, the Chargers are playing the Vikings. And you know what, I'm not doing this one that there's there's no combos that I want to make. There's and if I were to make them, it would have to be to to convoluted what I think I would do. All right, Well, you know what, I don't want to actually not do it. Let me just try to put one together very quickly for you here. So we would do buy sell points, So we would take the Bills down to from minus eight and a half their alternate line of the Bills minus two and a half. So let me get that's minus three point thirty. We then are going to take the Chiefs from minus three and a half to also minus two and a half where they once were. So let me give it to you real quick again. This is a cowardly bet. But this is you know, we're doing the slot machine, the Chiefs back to where they were at minus two and a half, and then we will last one on there. We're gonna fade the Broncos, so we will take Washington instead of plus three three and a half, we'll take Washington on the money line. So it's the Bills minus two and a half against the Raiders, the Chiefs minus two and a half against the Jags, and Washington to beat the Broncos. Outright, it's plus four sixty. That's the one I created. So that's an AFC West because all those games involve the AFC West obviously, all right, last one please, all right? So we will we will pull the we will pull the slot machine, and let's see prop AFC South long shot. Jesus, guys, we might have to go back into the lab on this slot machine thing. And by back in the lab, I mean I need to pay more diligent attention to our pre show prep. Where they did I now realize give me all of these beforehand, and I could have crafted them, but I didn't do it. So that's on me, not on the produces. My apologies an AFC South prop bet that's a long shot, all right. So we're not gonna do anything with the Jags. We're not gonna do what are the the who to the Texans? The Texans cults?
Speaker 5: Bet?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right? So then this is what we're gonna do. Touchdown scorer props. Where's first TD first touchdown score? That's what I want, not anytime, first touchdown score, Anthony Richardson, nine to one?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 3: I actually like that. Bet Anthony Richardson running it in nine to one first touchdown scorer props. Let's go ahead and do that. We don't even need to worry about anything else, all right, guys, I'm gonna be honest. The slot machine was an excellent idea that I did not execute properly because I did not put these bets in beforehand. That's my apologies. I got distracted with Dan Patrick's show. I was a guest on it right before our show started today. So I'll take the l on that we can do this again next week. I'll do a better job on it. Take a quick break to Monsea, come back, answer some of your chat questions. What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick WRT Episode one, seventy seven. Let's get to a few listener questions real quick, demanse.
Speaker 4: This is a really good question. We got Christian Laska here at lazo Uh. He asked, Yeah, how different would your opinion of brockby if he did exactly what he's done except he was drafted number one overall?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: Massively Yeah, massively be massively different because it would mean he likely had way more talent, was way better in college, had a better pedigree, probably was taller, probably was stronger, probably had more reasons to believe in Like, that's not a controversial thing, Like this is a guys who Yeah, can you find great players late in the draft? Yes? Can guys drafted early bust? Yes? But are you more likely to have be a guy who's been awesome at every level than be awesome in the NFL? Of course? So yeah, I would think differently about him and by if the team that now loves him so much hadn't passed on him three times in the sixth round. The Niner are like, oh, we've always loved Brock really because you had three picks in the two hundreds and none of them did you deem? Was Brock pretty worthy of.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Ethan twenty sixty as if Zach Wilson looks good, would that be redemption for not Hackett?
Speaker 2: That'd be yes, but yes it would.
Speaker 3: But more likely you're the Jets are about to realize the problem with basing your offensive coordinator decision higher on who your new quarterback is. Buddies with like they, I mean they they hired Nat Hackett because Rogers loves him. Now Rogers is going all right, next.
Speaker 4: All right, Abashik Abhishik Rana asked, can you please still do the right move every week so I can bet on the opposite side?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: That's abuse, that's uncalled for. I don't appreciate that. I had a winning year last year. The right move was bad vibes, so I killed it. I cannot do that, Abishakrana, and I don't appreciate that. All Right, we gotta go. I gotta go to TV, and then I have to go to the airport, and then I have to drop my daughter off at college, and then I have to not cry. All right. I will talk to you guys on TV today at three off tomorrow, back on TV Monday, and then obviously podcasts on Tuesday. To Monday. Great job today, Pal. We'll see you guys next week.