Speaker 1: Second date update. There's so many different themed bars nowadays that are like fun and kitchy. Yeah, but there's one where you can get drinks on a working carnival carousel.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 1: You just go up and down on your horse sea while getting schwasted. Yeah, that's part of the fun. And there's another one that's called the Ping Pong Emporium with over one hundred ping pong tables. You just play and drink.
Speaker 2: It's like beer pong or whatever pong you want.
Speaker 1: Whatever type. My personal favorite, though, is Lose gas Station just off the highway. It is themed. It's just like a gas station and you can actually pump gas there. You just get a six piece sushi and a forty of mickeys and then you head into the restroom see what happens. That's my style. But I guess one of our listeners did a themed bar for his first date the other night. His name is Matt, so let's talk to him.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: How you doing, I'm doing okay?
Speaker 3: How are you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you wishing you knew about Lose sooner so you could have taken her there?
Speaker 1: I can show you where it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm open to a new places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my guy. Maybe i'll see you in the restaurant there. But first, let's focus on this date you went on. Who is the woman that you met?
Speaker 3: Tanita is her name?
Speaker 2: Did you guys meet online on app?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Actually it was a she's a friend of a coworker.
Speaker 2: Of mine who we never hear about things like people.
Speaker 1: This is weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm recently single and my coworker just was like, oh, she's recently single too, so showed me a picture. I was like, oh, yeah, she's cute.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean he thought she was cute. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Nobody sets you up unless they're taking pity on.
Speaker 2: You looking for a rebounds. I got sat up with my husband about pity.
Speaker 1: Someone felt bad for you and hooked you up with some stranger gat man.
Speaker 2: He turned out to be the best guy ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is. You you're the party.
Speaker 2: To say.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to Matt Brook, let's not focus on your pitifull life. Matt tell us about yours.
Speaker 3: Well, I was kind of trying to make it a year of of yes, so I can understand where you're coming from. So I just I was like, you know what, I'm just going to say yes to these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like when you guys first met.
Speaker 3: We first we talked on the phone and we decided like, yeah, let's meet in person. So we went to this bar that is like a bar and board games place.
Speaker 4: Okay, why do you say, Oh, like it's negative.
Speaker 1: Chef bord for like, you know, romantic activity.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that goes, but that's fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, for like a family game night, But I don't know about a date. What what games were you playing?
Speaker 3: So, like, my favorite game is Connect four and hers is Sorry, So we grabbed one of those too, And.
Speaker 4: Those are perfect because they're easy to have conversation at the same time you're playing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's what I like about Next four. It's like it forces you to look at the person because it's vertical, you know.
Speaker 1: You apologize. I've definitely played both of those games before, but with blindfolds and handcuffs on. So it's probably a little bit different rules than you played.
Speaker 2: How do you know when you win Connect four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems like there were some different rules.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, we don't talk about that. You did the childhood rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like it was great.
Speaker 3: Neither one of us were like overly competitive. We had some drinks. I mean, your producer even asked me, He was like, is there anything that you could think of that went wrong? And honestly, there was nothing that was weird. We got to know each other and it felt really cool.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was too boring?
Speaker 4: I mean, like that's the only thing, like, if there's nothing that stood out, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was fun. Another thing is after the dates is kind of a different story. Why So I fully intended to go out with her again, and she was into it. We talked about it. So the next day I sent her a text and I didn't get any response. So after a few hours, I was feeling a little antsy, so I sent another and I'll just I'll read it to you guys. Hold on, So I wrote, you better text me back because I might go out with someone else tonight, and like a bunch of cute emojis.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean I see what you were trying to do there.
Speaker 4: Read if you spoke it, maybe, but reading it, especially when you read it from someone you don't know.
Speaker 3: That one absolutely I thought you would see that it was a joke and she'd be like, yeah, what's his name? You know, like I thought she was gonna rip me back on it.
Speaker 2: So what did she say back? Anything?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: And so I just kind of sent a few more texts, Oh God.
Speaker 2: What did you say? As a follow up.
Speaker 3: I just kind of stuck with the same theme. I just was like, all right, I'm going out. I like, send her a picture of some shoes. I was like, damn, getting balled up.
Speaker 1: Years from now, I'm gonna walk down the island say I do you don't text me back? Don't bro try?
Speaker 2: That is so cry.
Speaker 1: I love at all.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to the coworker that set you guys up?
Speaker 3: No? Because I just feel like it's embarrassed.
Speaker 2: It's too embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean I haven't sent her a sorry jiff with like the commercial from the board game.
Speaker 2: Okay, trying to make an inside joke. This doesn't really happening.
Speaker 1: There just too far fast exactly. This might be too far gone, but there's a chance we could bring it back.
Speaker 2: Can we delete the text? Isn't too late for that, it'd be too late.
Speaker 1: For that, but hopefully we can get her on the phone and sweetly convince her to give it another try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I really, I mean, you guys know that. So if you can help me, i'd appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Just don't start the conbo with you better text me bad. Yeah, well you better stay on hold this entire time. Well, we're gonna move on to a different person and get them a second.
Speaker 2: Date update, get you a picture of my shoes.
Speaker 3: I deserve that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do your second ate update right after this. Hold on that second date update if you're just joining us. We're on the phone with Matt, who says he went out on the perfect first date beers board games, It's fun body flirtations. That night was flawless. After the date, though a little bit of a different story, Matt admits he may have messed up because she wasn't responding to his text yeah, and in a misguided effort to get to Nita to respond, he tried to egger on a little bit with something like, Hey, if you don't respond to me, I'm gonna go out with someone else.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And he'd only given it a couple hours two for her to respond. Yeah, she'd like left him on red for a day or two, and.
Speaker 1: When he still got no reply back. He kept teasing for a while, saying, I'm serious. I'm gonna swipe on someone else soon. Now I'm putting on my shoes if you don't call me back.
Speaker 5: Are you a.
Speaker 2: Dad, because dad's never known when the joke's over either.
Speaker 3: I am not a Dade.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, he hasn't said like he's in love with her, but you can tell that he does like her, and you might do some questionable things when you're really into someone.
Speaker 4: No, I really truly think you read it as a joke. I think she did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the basis of it. I think I just figured. I'm already embarrassed. Lean in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried. We're gonna try harder. We're gonna try harder.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call to Nita here in just a second.
Speaker 2: Digging out of a hole.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you're not painting it very nicely for him, You're I'm just saying, I like to get a little positivity before we make these calls, a little forward momentum.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, then maybe she blocked you before she saw the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Forward, thinking that we need Don't you feel a little bit better now, Matty thrilled. Good news is we're not blocked. So let's see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Tanita? It is hey Tanita. You're on the radio right now with a fun morning show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Tanita.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, let me get another cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, that's actually our tagline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not really, but I know this might be weird, but we do want to talk to you about your dating life a little bit. If you have a second.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: It's a segment that we do on our show called Second Date Update, and one of our listeners has reached out because he went out with you recently, had a great time, and now hasn't been able to arrange that second meet up. His name is Matt.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: He said, Yeah, has played board games together, which sounded really fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun. The whole date was fun until after the date.
Speaker 1: After the date wasn't fun.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean I don't know. I don't know if he told you anything or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I did hear that there were some texts exchanged, And by exchanged, I mean just from.
Speaker 4: Him and the good us he's self aware at how embarrassing those are.
Speaker 5: Oh really, well, there were a lot more than just some texts. It was like, I mean, I don't know to the extent of what he said, but like he said, there.
Speaker 1: Was a lot that he was trying to like egg you on and say he was going to go on a date with somebody else if he didn't reply.
Speaker 4: He was trying to joke, but we also understand how it could be read not as a joke, Saul, and by like read literally just as.
Speaker 2: A red flag.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, he like literally walks from me through an entire date with somebody. And that's where I kind of was like, maybe, yeah, what do.
Speaker 1: You mean, Wait, what do you mean you walked you through a date?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: It was first like he was talking about like let's meet up, and then he's like, oh, I'm going to go out with somebody if you don't text me back, and then it was like I'm out with the girl now.
Speaker 1: Out Wait wait, he really went out on dates.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a joke. I think he was just joking.
Speaker 1: Well I thought that was that was that was the perspective that we got hold on you read us the text and maybe we can decide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, hold one sec.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 1: You didn't really go on dates, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm walking out the door out that was the last Okay, okay, I just bought a drink. Everything's going well.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I think he's trying to be funny to this.
Speaker 1: Feels achy now though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll read you his next text. I'm playing pinball with her. But sure, wish I was playing games with you.
Speaker 1: The board games that you were playing on your date.
Speaker 2: Still get Wait, there's work. I like that you can find the humor in this, though I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit terrifying. Actually, But his neck text, this is the last one I got. So I kissed her at the end of the night, but was thinking of you the whole time. Smiley face, winkie, faith, hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's like me.
Speaker 4: And this is this is over like a what three hour time span that he said any of these.
Speaker 5: Well, it was like a whole day from the beginning of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how how did you not respond?
Speaker 3: For the first one, I was at work.
Speaker 5: It was like there wasn't even even enough time between the I mean to answer him, and then it just went off the rail.
Speaker 1: Did he make up that date too? Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, like literally texting at the same time he's kissing someone after.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious, and I just want to ask him directly, because I need to tell you, Tanita that Matt's on the other line right now listening to.
Speaker 3: This yeah with a hey, yeah, man, I thought I was embarrassed before.
Speaker 1: That philis in buddy, what what's going on?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you want me to say? I told you guys and sent some embarrassing texts already.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but you said you sat like four not a whole day's worth not I just made out by date?
Speaker 3: Yeah here, I don't remember getting that number. I mean date, what.
Speaker 1: Were you on a date with another woman for real? Or was that all just like made up as a joke.
Speaker 3: I really don't want to have to say, well, it's fun at that you were like ha ha guy, No, look, look, okay, here's what I so. I went on another date. Okay, yeah, o my god, to me, I thought about you the whole time.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Nothing in the last two minutes, arged you but I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking about you the whole I mean, Tina, does it change your mind a little bit that he actually followed through and went out with a real girl. It's like kind of sweet and truthful in that way. It it kind of it's arranged. If he made that whole thing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he made it up, I would have gone out with him again because that was like I totally would have because he's really really trying hard and maybe making a joke. But no, this is like a hard pass, hard pass.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he got into that part yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, can I change my answer? I made the whole thing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's let's rewind the tape and delete.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like this is the first time ever.
Speaker 4: It's like, normally people want what they can't have, and Tanita just doesn't want.
Speaker 1: It, just doesn't. We don't know that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yet, but go ahead. I mean, it's part of before I asked.
Speaker 1: Obviously, he's very embarrassed by what happened, but he knows he made a mistake. And sometimes when you really really are into someone, you do really really dumb stuff because you're afraid.
Speaker 4: Of losing, like make out with other women I mean that happens.
Speaker 1: Plus, Matt, you're not still seeing that girl?
Speaker 3: Right? No?
Speaker 1: No, I mean good answer. Okay.
Speaker 2: He was just about to say.
Speaker 1: Let's stop and stop asking if you'd like to go out with Matt one more time and we'd pay for it.
Speaker 5: You know, he was so good at Connect four and so good at Sorry. He wins all the games, so he's really good at playing games. I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 3: Look like.
Speaker 1: Hope, something.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you doing all right?
Speaker 1: Matt? Answer? Yeah, we we can't catch another date, buddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought of something to say, but I almost feel like it's worse than the other stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the whole can't get deeper at this point.
Speaker 3: Matt, go ahead, Yeah, go ahead, Tonita. I just wish you would quit playing games with my heart. Oh my god, cringing as I said it, but I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're all of our listeners, So thank you for that, Matt brookd Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, I was so hoping when we asked the question, tell me that wasn't a real date. I really wanted him to say, no, that's not real, Are you crazy? I made that up to get under her skin. Yeah, that's exactly what he should have said, even if it was a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this man, I swear like that he didn't fill us in on that part, like when we first talked to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like important information.
Speaker 1: So when he told us he really did go out with someone else, you could hear all of our reactions. Plus the textboard was lighting up with people.
Speaker 2: Just call him an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not happy. No, they said ditch this guy. We did get one text in support of Matt, though.
Speaker 2: Was it the the other person he was out with.
Speaker 1: No, it turns out it was from Matt himself. He said, Hey, this is Matt. I'm listening to myself on the radio, and I think she should reconsider. It's not as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you get a texting while he does.
Speaker 1: Matt, It was as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing he can get a lot of first dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had too, Mats back, is that next one? We'll keep working on that for you. But if you want some help getting another date, we can try. Just email the show. We'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back