Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So they're not going to be a part of NATO. But we've got the European nations and they'll frontload it, and they'll have some of them France and Germany, a couple of them UK. They want to have, you know, boots on the ground, not not in. I don't think it's going to be a problem, to be honest with you. I think I think Putin is tired of it.
Speaker 2: I think they're all tired of it. But you never know.
Speaker 3: We're going to find out about President Putin in the next couple of weeks that I can tell you, and we're going to see where it all goes. It's possible that he doesn't want to make a deal.
Speaker 4: That Vladimir Putin is going to continue to commit war crimes, that he has as a significant military force, that he needs to be stopped, and that he is in every sense I'll use a nautical term here, putting a shot across the bow the president of the United States. We had to be mindful of that and respond to it with real force and strength.
Speaker 1: That's James Stravitas on CNN, former NATO commander, and he and Trump someone in line there that Putin may just want to keep prosecuting this war.
Speaker 2: Now. As to boots on the.
Speaker 1: Ground and all that sort of stuff, Trump offered up some security guarantees yesterday, including saying the US will have the back, and wanted to clear that up today apparently because just moments ago he said, you have my assurance no US boots on the ground in Ukraine. So he has definitively ruled that out. Well, let's discuss all of this with analyst Mike Allons, who, among his many experiences, does an aid to camp to a general officer in NATO Command back in the day. Mike, as we started the show, first of all, greetings, is always good to talk.
Speaker 5: How are you hey, guys, great to be back with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: So we started the show today with a discussion of Okay, in spite of the amazing pictures from the White House and all of the diplomacy and the meetings, and it was really quite something.
Speaker 2: Now comes the hard part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, for sure, this is probably the beginning of the beginning if you're looking for some kind of analogy here, and the hard part is going to be getting Russian negotiators sit to sit down with Ukraine negotiators as well as the United States here trying to figure out how to redraw that map. I think Zelenski has come to the conclusion that he's going to lose territory, and the Russia does already occupy. They've took it from a military perspective, so they've got to figure out what that is.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: If the Ukraine negotiators or the team that they have a side doesn't think he's going to get that through his Congress or his his government, then that this is all or not because he didn't have this power to just give land away on Ukraine. So there's definitely a hard part here. You saw the German chances of trying to get a ceasefire because you wake up this morning and Russia continues to attack civilian targets inside Ukraine, and frankly, I still don't think there's enough leverage at being put on Latimer Putin to want to stop this anytime soon. So I think we've got a waste to go.
Speaker 1: So all the talk of security guarantees if Trump or if Putin would agree to some sort of deal, the security guarantees, British troops on the ground, French troops on the ground, and then a backup of the United States. It's interesting that so one of Putin's red lines is no NATO guarantees, and so Trump's getting around that by okay, we'll have different We'll have some of the European countries that are in NATO and have a guarantee with them. But what does that all look like to you? And how easily could we get pulled into the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we'll still provide air cover, air defense systems, it will still be involved with the security guarantee, but just the boots on the ground is where that thing could get, you know, sideways. Quick looking for like a historical analysis, you'd go back to the date and the courts in Bonsi and Serbia when the United States did put boots on the ground inside that country. But they brought a lot of combat power to the battlefield. And I do remember some conversation taking place between the general that ran it and Melosovich himself saying, if you even look sideways at when any one of our soldiers were going to come and destroy all of you. So the question is the security guarantee is greatest is what combat power will they bring to the battlefield. You know, twenty to thirty thousand troops of French and British troops are going to need logistical support and they're going to have to be enough of a threat that would keep Russia at bay. So again, a lot of it has to be blushed out when it comes to what that security agreement looks like.
Speaker 1: And rewinding just a bit back to the topic of Vladimir Putin. Given the reality on the battlefield right now and his goals, how much incentive do you think he has to actually negotiate in a serious way.
Speaker 5: I don't think he has much yet, and I think that we should have already put the sanctions on. And I think the Biden administration wasted all of their time. And you know, he is longer, he could kind of let this go. It makes he thinks, it makes Zelensky look weak, and eventually his goal was to get rid of him. He's looking for a win here. He'll he'll take the win being the land that he's captured, let's say inside Ukraine. He didn't get the whole country, but he's going to do other things to try to destroy Zolensky, that's for sure. You know, I don't see this Monocca Bagan Sadat Jimmy Carter moment the three of them putin Trump and Zolensky, you know, shaking hands and raising their you know, signing some peace sugreement. I think we're away from that.
Speaker 1: Man just stepping back and for a moment. The idea that Russia twenty thousand dead last month, a million over a million casualties at this point, and tens of thousands of Ukraine's that it's just shocking that this is going on, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just shows you the level of control he has over the country, right Russia, with eleven time zones and enclaves and all these different areas, and the fact that he can control the message, and the fact that there hasn't been revolution, there hasn't been anything that's come from Russian mothers. I mean, that's kind of a Western narrative to try to think that there's going to be this internal Russian pressure to get Vladimir Putin to stop that that's just not going to happen. He's able to pick different Russian tribes still out and send them to the battlefield into the meat grinder, fundamentally of their death, and then he'll continue to do that because they have four times the amount of people that Ukraine does.
Speaker 2: Mike Lions military analyst is on the line.
Speaker 6: Mike, before we let you go, I've been reading a fair amount about our incredible deficit in shipbuilding and capacity for growth of our navies compared to China.
Speaker 2: What how dire is that situation in your mind? It's bad.
Speaker 5: I think we have time to catch up. The fact that we recognize that it's a problem. I think this administration does recognize it is it is an issue. The question has always been the maritime capability of moving equipment across from the United States to the where combat will take place, which is why this pivot of the Pacific is so important. China, though, has gotten well out in front of the United States when it comes to docs and it comes to the automation that they have and containers and then the like. We just haven't prioritized it. But I think you'll see more emphasis as navies project power. This is both real politic and gun both diplomacy has still is still very much in vogue and the way the world works right now. So I'm concerned about it. I got son of the Navy, so I'm vested in what happens here. But I do believe that we're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I add one more question. It's back to Ukraine.
Speaker 6: Sorry for the jumble order here, but one of the great headlines from that battlefield is the use of drones and automated tools and weapons and that sort of thing. What do you hear from our own defense establishment. How hard are we working keeping up with that technology.
Speaker 5: It's incredible the amount of things that are taking place in the AI drone space. I know at the Military Academy of the complete focus now shifted towards drone technology, adding drones to all of the different training that they're doing. We're going to get to the point where a drone will be part of a basic kit of an infantry soldier, aside from their weapon and canteen and the like. Wow, the technology, Yeah, it's either from an intel gathering perspective, dropping grenade or whatever. There are so many things that have changed warfare that we've learned, and we're going to continue to move that forward. But I know at the Military Academy in particular, there's so much focus plus working. I'm working with some a lot of startup companies that are looking to create different missions for these different kinds of drones and doing a lot of different things. And you lay the artificial intelligence over that. You know, we're not there yet where they're going to determine the targets. But you know, the things about the drones and and the AI is that you know it can hover forever, it can take a lot of time, and can be selective on targets, and it's really changing the way that the battlefield of commanders have to look at the battlefield.
Speaker 6: You ought to follow them on x at Major Mike Lyons. Mike, always great to talk.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for the insight, great great thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you so Trump said this yesterday, Michael.
Speaker 2: With all of the wars.
Speaker 3: That I got involved, and we only have this one left.
Speaker 2: Of course, as I walk out.
Speaker 3: The door, they'll probably be a new one starting and I'll get that stop too. But I this was going to be one of the easier once it's actually one of the most difficult.
Speaker 2: They're very complex.
Speaker 3: The next step would be for a trilateral meeting and that will be worked out, and I just look forward to working and having a great result.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't say what the thing says here, but anyway, Trump says Putin agreed to accept security guarantees.
Speaker 2: What I just don't believe.
Speaker 1: That, and I don't understand why Trump believes it, or if Trump believes it. Maybe he's just going along for now to see if Trump, if Putin backs that up or not.
Speaker 6: But the presumptive clothes he accepted some security guarantees, so I'm sure he'll accept.
Speaker 1: These security guarantees. But I heard this on Friday, and I forgot to mention it yesterday. I think this is huge. Leon Panetto was on one of the shows I think on CNN. He's been one of my favorite Democrats my whole life, and he was Obama's sect deaf and CIA director. He said, I was happy that there was not a ceasefire. Ceasefires are where borders have been drawn all around the world. You have a ceasefire, the border's frozen. You never get that land back. If Ukraine wants any chance of getting any land back, or wants different borders than what they are now you do not want a ceasefire, and I haven't heard anybody else say that, but that's clearly true.
Speaker 6: Well, the problem is that Russia is on the front foot. So I could see Ukraine saying, yeah, let's freeze them now before we lose those four critical defensive cities in the east. But why would Russia agree to that? Because they don't want to spend all those lives machine gun fodder. No, they're spending them Willy Nelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the idea that the borders get locked in place on a ceasefire, I didn't hear anybody else bring up the entire weekend other than Leon Panetta, and that is what happens lots of times see Korea. How does that differ though from a more extensive peace settlement might have better borders, I guess yeah. You can argue over where the border is going to be. You do the ceasefire and it just gets locked there. All the troops get lined lined up, you know, to force the ceasefire, and he just you never move the borders again.
Speaker 6: So read a great piece about US Russian relations that mentioned the big Armenian Azerbaijani agreement the other day that I thought, Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 2: They're not killing each other. That was a major blow to Putin.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we'll get to that in a little bit. The drive by inch deep analysis of Trump's foreign policy misses a lot, and Trump makes me nuts.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot going on, man.
Speaker 1: There is some AI therapy stories out there that we should discuss.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: It's an own interesting realm and world. You should be aware of this, especially if your kids are doing it on their own. I don't know how you stop them. But anyway, we got a whole bunch of things to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 7: Drug maker Novo Nordisk is slashing prices for its popular weight loss drugs.
Speaker 2: O Zepic and wogov.
Speaker 7: A month's supply of either drug is being offered for four hundred and ninety nine dollars. That's half of the prior list price. Patients can order the drugs from Novo Nordisk or at participating pharmacies. The company hoping to compete with cheaper compounding pharmacies.
Speaker 2: So what price did they say?
Speaker 1: They're four ninety nine, four hundred ninety nine and it used to be one thousand, So it's down to five hundred dollars, and who knows where it'll be in a couple of years. I wonder if, like practically everybody is going to be on some dosage of that stuff soon, or maybe half of people anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think that's a crazy notion. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: Huh And what did you have? Do you know people that are doing it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh really, not on a handful. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of our neighbors is this and they're pretty happy with it. I haven't talked to them a lot about it. Were they were they pretty overweight or just mildly overweight?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's see.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking of a couple of people uncomfortably so.
Speaker 1: Because originally it was for the profoundly obese, and I feel like it's been getting moving. The line has been moving. Of course, there's a lot of money to be made, The line is moving more toward you know, just not quite where I want to be right well, and a lot of health problems to be avoided too.
Speaker 6: That's you know, some of the standards for what's obesity and what's overweight they seem crazy until you become aware of all, Right, how overweight. Do I need to be to have an increased risk of colon cancer, say, or heart disease or whatever.
Speaker 1: And it's not. You don't need to be enormous. No, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a drug that people I mean, like blood pressure medicine. I mean, it's just something lots and lots of people take at a certain point in their lives because you're I don't know, twenty pounds heavier than you want to be as opposed to two hundred pounds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope they can dial it in a little bit better because there are significant sound sound effects side effects, but that's a sound effect. A side effect is when you take a drug and.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 6: But I'm sure they'll improve it as time goes by. I mean, it is such an enormous no pun intended, uh market. I mean, if the pharmaceutical companies are enthusiastic about anything, it's finding better and more comfortable weight loss drugs.
Speaker 1: So what what's the side effect that gets your attention the most? I haven't looked into this.
Speaker 6: Stuff much, so, Ah, nausea is a big deal life for some people.
Speaker 2: Like all the time nausea?
Speaker 6: Yeah, serious, serious, feeling terrible vomity, intestinal problems.
Speaker 1: That's no good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't remember. I read a list at one point there and.
Speaker 1: There are spontaneous and uncontrollable bomb movements.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, you don't want that really, I mean, you got a lifestyle it's very different than mine. Well right, and there are some like serious life threatening side effects too, but a very small percentage.
Speaker 1: What what lifestyle would lend itself to spontaneous, uncontrollable bowel movements. Maybe you're like an isolated farmer somewhere in a you're thinking, well, another pair of breeches into the wash.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean it's hard to picture.
Speaker 1: I don't know many, but the price is half now that is something, okay, that moves it into the range for a lot more people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say, and could you know, save a lot of lives. Of course, you have to stick with it. You can't go back to eating like a horse. You know, it's just a shame as somewhat disciplined. Same as blood pressure medicine. That's it's going to be like that or statn's maybe even better example, the cholesterol medications that you know a huge percentage of people are on Anyway, it's a very very important anniversary today, and I want to pay tribute to the thing. I'm trying to figure out how to without explaining what it is. One of the best, most important of all time was released on today's date, okay, and I want.
Speaker 2: To salute it and the Bible.
Speaker 6: No, no, it didn't actually have a formal release date.
Speaker 2: Jazz mind conal Trivia.
Speaker 6: It was mine, No, not mine, comp Michael, stay with Us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: So later this year, MSNBC will become MS now. They say the new acronym means my source for news, opinion and the world, but others believe it stands for miserable No One.
Speaker 1: Watches all right, that fits softly well, miserab bless no One watches.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: On the other end of the worth looking into scale, it was eighty years ago today. In nineteen forty five, George Orwell's Animal Farm was released, which is worth discussing on a number of different levels, including the fact that Orwell had written several things prior to it which were not very good and was really struggling as a writer, and it just his projects didn't come together quite right, and it would have been very easy to give up. I mean, he's rightfully worshiped for his prescient, you know, and insightful descriptions of totalitarianism and how it works and how it progresses inch by inch and stuff like that. But hell, he's a testament to hanging in there and you know, working hard.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 6: So I came across this threat of comment on Animal Farm, which, if you haven't read it since high school, read it again.
Speaker 2: I try to read it every couple of years.
Speaker 1: It's about talking pigs, right, well, quite a few talking animals.
Speaker 2: Jack. It's practically a Disney film. It's just wonderful.
Speaker 6: So read it to your three years kind of a Charlotte Web like, Yes, unless your three year old likes mass executions, don't read them Animal Farm anyway. So this, this author has trotted out ten truths from Animal Farm, or well warned us to never forget. And the first is revolution contains the seeds of its own corruption. Power corrupts ABC one, two three, need not dwell on that power corrupts incrementally through small compromises, and he gives examples from the book. And the first small inequality sets a precedent that escalates step by step to mass executions and Napoleon the Pig becoming an absolute dictator.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert, So spoiler.
Speaker 1: Alert on an eighty year old book that seems to be true. I guess that's why you don't give an inge huh on a variety of things.
Speaker 6: Well, right, yeah, yeah, corruption tends to grow by inches, not by you know, yards or miles. They get better as they go. Interestingly, enough, point number three is language becomes a weapon to control reality itself.
Speaker 1: We've lived that situation for the past five years or more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, folks, we probably don't need to expand on that notion, but if there, if I could boil down, you know, I've got a list of roughly one hundred and forty four g hods at this point. But number one, I think, honestly is to help people understand how when they tell you what words to use and start changing those words and demanding that you use their words, not the words you've always used.
Speaker 2: That's two things.
Speaker 6: Number One, they're trying to pervert meaning, and therefore, you know when the argument by just you know, cloudying the waters, clouding the waters. But secondly, they're demanding an act of submission from you, and it's an important one, because you know, without free speech, may we be led like dumb animals to the slaughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, exactly. But sometimes sometimes it's definitely that. Sometimes it's just it. It helps persuade people. Pro choice sure is going to persuade more people than pro abortion right. Gender affirming care settles the argument. Wait a minute, it's not a sex change operation or an experiment on a confused child. It's affirming the gender that they are. How can you disagree with that? I know the left wins that battle all the time. I mean, all the conservatives, Fox News, everybody always adopts the language of the left always.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I actually semi regularly badger Fox News to stop using the term gender affirming care and it and back to language becoming weapon of control reality itself. It eventually culminates in the absurd contradiction all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Ignorance is manufactured to enable oppression. Napoleon the pig raises puppies in isolation to become as vicious guard dogs, will deliberately keeping other animals illiterate so they cannot read the altered commandments. Am I such a conspiracy theorist that I think, I mean we, I think most of us have agreed that government schools in America now are indoctrinating kids into postmodernism, neo Marxism, wokeism.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Are they deliberately not teaching the kids to be capable and self reliant? Or is that kind of an after effect?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that, But a good example would be what the Church at its worst did up until the you know, Protestant Reformation. You weren't in on the ability to read and determine for yourself what was going on?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 6: More key takeaways from Animal Farm on its Birthday. Historical memory can be erased and rewritten. That's being orwell read nineteen eighty four. Oh yeah, with Big brother in all and Big Brothers watching, No read it, you have to read it again. The idea of erasing historical memory perverting a people's own history so they don't know who they are, and then you can supply them an alternate history that puts them where you want them to be.
Speaker 1: They're not accidentally Howard zenning our history in schools.
Speaker 2: It's a deliberate.
Speaker 1: Strategy sixteen nineteen Project Oh Yeah, yeah, exactly. That was not inaccurate because they moved too fast or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was deliberately.
Speaker 6: Designed to make Western civil ashamed of itself and anxious for its own change. Anyway I could elaborate, but erasing history is enormously unpopular, is enormously important, brother.
Speaker 1: Uh point six. Propaganda is more powerful than physical force. Hmmm, squealer. The pig constantly threatens that Jones will come back if animals don't obey, while presenting false statistics showing increased food production, even as the animals starve.
Speaker 6: They believe their suffering serves the greater good. Just bad information. Interesting, scape and those pigs didn't have the Internet. That's the problem we got. They didn't have as much misinformation. Oh my gosh. That's a good point. Scapegoating enables political manipulation. That's kind of self explanatory. I think if you blame, say, I don't know, white people or Jews or black people or whatever, for the ills of.
Speaker 2: Society, you don't have to take responsibility for them and fix them.
Speaker 1: I'm right.
Speaker 6: Fear and violence reshaped consciousness itself. The uh you know, the pig regime created so much terror that even questioning orders became unthinkable. Again, that speaks for itself. Now, this is one of the parts I really wanted to get to. Mass conformity is engineered, not natural. This relates directly to what we've been talking about the last couple of days, and that's a preference falsification, where everybody starts to believe everybody believes something other than what they believe.
Speaker 2: It's a deliberate strategy.
Speaker 6: And the sheep in animal farm are trained to mindlessly chant slogans and drown out any descent by bleating on for minutes on end, and they easily switch from four legs good, two legs bad, to four legs good, two legs better when the pigs start walking upright. That's what they're trying to do to the kids too, teach the to mindlessly bleat. You can choose your gender. White people a white supremacy. We need to eliminate whiteness. They have no idea what they're talking about. They're the useful idiots.
Speaker 1: The term you hear sometimes and Jack will semi frequently have the conversation, do you like the college administrators and the.
Speaker 2: Teachers, the school teachers and all, do they know.
Speaker 6: That they're neo Marxist postmodernists trying to tear down Western civilization. And the answer is some of them do, but a lot of them are just the sheep prom Animal Farm. They're bleating. Four legs good, two legs bad. And final point, the working classes. Loyalty becomes their exploitation. If you can get people tribal enough, they will let you get away with anything.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Read Animal Form.
Speaker 6: It's great, short, and it's got talking animals in it, so it's pretty much just like I don't know, Finding Nemo or or the Charlotte's Web, a lot like.
Speaker 1: That The Three Little Pigs. Again, it's more torture and murder, but very much like the Three Yeah. Worth point. Now both those books, nineteen eighty four and Animal Farm. You could read it in the afternoon if you really wanted to.
Speaker 2: Animal eighty four us.
Speaker 6: A little longer than that, but it's it's worth it, absolutely worth it. It's a compelling read. Anyway, a note from our friends that trust and will you can get security and peace of mind by making an a state plan.
Speaker 2: Now you've looked into this, you've talked to a lawyer.
Speaker 6: Thousands of dollars, Nope, create and manage a custom of state plans starting at just one hundred and ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 2: Bank level encryption.
Speaker 1: If you're worried about that, You're gonna have all your important documents in one place and you can modify that thing at your own leisure. Once you get it going, all kinds of help live customer support through chat, phone or email. You just log on and start doing it. Step by step process guides you from start to finish. And if you're not to hip to why you would want to do this in the first place. If you go without formal documents saying what's supposed to happen, your loved ones will end up fighting each other or the courts or the government hating each other, and the government will keep most of your money.
Speaker 6: It's terrible. Go to trustinwill dot com today. Get twenty percent off on your state planned documents, Secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. Use that code to get twenty percent off your state plan documents. Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. You just looked up at the Twitter feed. Our friend Tim retweeted it. It's a video of how hedgehogs mate.
Speaker 2: For some reason, and the negative.
Speaker 1: In the delicate way in which the female hedgehog has to flatten her spines so that the male hedgehog can get up close enough to It's really fascinating if you but ardan appreciate it. On my list of things I thought I would see this morning, I got up. I wasn't hedgehogs mating. I didn't think that one thing I did think I would see or hear about. Lo boo boo. I got nothing to say about it. I just wanted to get the word on because apparently you need to say it or discuss it at least once a day during this current moment in time.
Speaker 2: Loo boo boo. There you go. Good. We checked that box.
Speaker 1: We checked the box, We got it on the air. I want to check this box. The whole AI therapist thing, which is troubling. An article in the New York Times the other day that you should probably be be aware about if you're a parent as you head into the school year, especially if you got teenage girls.
Speaker 2: I suppose, all right. Final note on the animal farm thing.
Speaker 1: The first comment under the thread the first time I saw it was there are echoes of that today.
Speaker 2: That's insightful.
Speaker 1: Oh that's some good ass right there.
Speaker 2: Well it's better not getting it, I suppose. Yes, yes, there are echoes. Yes, okay, stay tuned.
Speaker 9: Canada usually one of our warmest neighbors and our second largest trading partner. So for the unforeseeable future, some of their products sold to the US will have to suffer the new thirty five percent tariff, the price for not giving in. We crossed the border and met Canadians who told us they won't even step foot in the United States even if the two countries eventually come to a new deal. It's become a movement here Elbows up. They call it elbows out, Elbows up, a phrase from the ice rink telling hockey players to raise their elbows and fight back, and it's become a rallying cry against America's tariffs.
Speaker 1: So I guess I get the whole the tariff thing. But we have anecdotal evidence from someone who is Canadian adjacent saying they're personally aware of Canadians that will not come into the United States because they're afraid of what will happen to them if they cross the border.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the anti Canadian purge is going on, and the well, the Canadian confinement camps that have popped up here, what.
Speaker 1: And I love Canada?
Speaker 6: They mean crime or do they actually fear like Trump is rounding up Canadians.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, but I have a story from Geez twenty years ago, maybe Gladys many years ago, when I was traveling across Canada. I've done a fair amount of traveling in Canada. I really really like Canada. But I remember being in a bar up in Canada one time and sitting there with a couple of old Canadian dudes drinking probably Mulson whatever, and I mentioned I'm from the United States, and they said, oh my god, are you what's it like in that sort of thing? They hadn't been and we got on the topic and it became clear to me their impression of the United States was you're just dodging bullets the entire time you go anywhere in the United States, just walking down the street anywhere, it's just bullets frying everywhere, and NonStop crime, and and the guns and the shootings and the just oh, I can't even imagine what that must be like. And I thought, how do you have such a I mean, yes, Chicago, they brought up Chicago. Chicago's you know, much more dangerous than where you lived here in rural Canada. But it's not like a death sentence to just show up in Chicago. Tens of thousands of people do every day. It's one of the busiest airports in the world. I mean lots of people. So it's just it was interesting to me that they had such a exaggerated, warped view of how dangerous the United States was, And so maybe that's happening now with the immigration stuff.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 6: Well, you got the terraft thing, but the whole we're gonna annex you thing really pissed off Cannon.
Speaker 2: I get that, but really did it.
Speaker 6: In fact, it's decimating US booze and wine industries.
Speaker 1: Fully understand why you would not dig the United States talking about taking mule for his estate, but I don't understand why you would then be afraid to step foot in the United States. Being afraid to step foot in the United States is different than I won't go there out of disgust, and that's just.
Speaker 2: I just can't even imagine what that is.
Speaker 1: But anyway, right, yeah, I want to alert you to that. I the key to traveling anywhere is to ask somebody knowledgeable where should I not go. If you do that, you're going to be fine in most places.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always use the are there young women walking alone around here? Or they're like twenty one year old college girls walking down the street by themselves. That's a pretty good tip. Yeah, different topic. I just saw the backlash that is growing against the remodel of cracker barrels across the United States.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: As a big fan of cracker barrels nationwide, I am not happy to hear about this. I wasn't aware they're getting rid of the old timey look, the old timey cabin look, and going with a modern, sleek, brightly lit plastic booths sort of vibe as opposed to you know, wicker and wood and I'm in a log cabin and in the eighteen eighties sort of thing that they had had forever, and a lot more a cracker vase than a cracker barrel. Are gonna kick the name? I don't know, but a fair amount of blowback from those of us. I'm probably on the older end. We did a cracker barrel and like the old timey look, boy o, boy o, boy that's a that's a gutsy thing to do when you're a business with a long time established anything and think, do we try to do we try to get the next generation by modernizing because perhaps young people aren't like as interested in the old timey cabin vibe. Or do we just stick with the tried and true. This is a you lose your job forever sort of decision if you're a CEO.
Speaker 2: And I just as.
Speaker 1: Hiring Dylan mulvaneous level. Yes, this is new coke. Perhaps, uh, there wasn't wrong with anything wrong with the old coke. And I just saw the CEO of Cracker Barrel up on the Early Show on CBS trying to explain herself to the blowback out there.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 6: I'm sure the changes will be pleasing to both our longtime customers and new customers. Were changing Cracker Barrel to kale Vas. Welcome to kale Vas, right, come on in. This is all I know.
Speaker 1: If I walk into one and I can't buy a Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hit CD right there at the front desk, I'm leaving. That's why I'm there for the rebamcintire CDs.
Speaker 6: We'll have a drag queen to meet you at its door and escort you to your shiny modernistic table.
Speaker 2: We'll drag queen meet you at the door. This isn't crack the cracker barrel.
Speaker 1: I remember where's the little triangle thing where you move the pegs the DIEQ test right right now? I got some sort of which gender are you test? Remove the pigs right.
Speaker 2: And the answers to which everyone you want to.
Speaker 1: Wol crap and Dylan Bilbady will be the Cracker Barrels spokesman. I'm here for chicken fried straight shake, not gender bending madness.
Speaker 2: Wow oh boy.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of good clips, I think damned interesting clips out of that historic gathering at the White House yesterday, including some comic moments, some levity that happened about old Zelensky's suit, among other things. We can get to an hour three if you're missing its podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty