Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Jackie and.
Speaker 2: He arm Wrong? Am I the only one? Am I the only one who wore a costume proloy this year? Uh? Yes, young man, you are. I feel ridiculous now. Nobody else wore a costume of any sort. I haven't put mine on yet. Okay, I'm not a Satan worshipper, sir, We're not good enough for your costume.
Speaker 3: You are. I just haven't put it on yet because it's excessive.
Speaker 4: Okay, guess what I'm dressed as. Let's see, you got a ball cap on? Says WC. Is that what that says? You got a stick black mustache? All my clothes are regular clothes. I'm a guy with a cool mustache. That's what I'm dressing.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I was gonna go with Mario. No, I'm a guy with a cool mustache. That's great.
Speaker 4: You're making me really wish i'd dressed up last year.
Speaker 2: I was a guy with cool hair. If you'll remember that. Oh that's right, so wow, Live from Studio CE on Halloween, who in a dimly lit room and whatnot, and we were surrounded by we're surrounded by the hounds of Baskerville and ghosts and all different sorts of stuff. And today, deep within our layer, we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Ghosts and ghouls and spirits.
Speaker 4: Of course, keep in mind the little kids are gonna be running around this afternoon, this evening. Keep a keen eye out. Don't speed down residential street.
Speaker 2: That's a worthless thing to say. I'm glad you said it, but uh worthless saying. You know who drives the fastest, moms and minivans. My experience after years of being around schools, the people that drive the fastest are moms who have kids in sense cars. It's not the twenty two year old and a Mustang. It's the mom in a camera who drives, drives like a lunatic. I've just seen it over and over and over again. Drives me nuts. You've got kids yourself. Why are you speeding through here? Yeah, I'm having trouble. Keep him my mustache straight. You can't have a crooked mustache.
Speaker 4: Good lord, No, because you are a man with a cool mustache. It's not a lame, crooked mustache.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons I got this is I wish I could grow a mustache just like this if I did, if I could. Man, I'm watching the baseball players. There's some cool facial hair among the baseball players. Oh yeah, there's a reliever for the Dodgers. I think who clearly knows he looks like Val Kilmer, and particularly looks like Val Kilmer is Doc Holliday in Tombstone, I mean his social look. He's got exactly the same facial hair as Doc Holliday Tubestone, and he looks like it, and he knows that he knows what he's doing. That's fantastic. And mustache is fall Really, it's sagging again. It's falling off in the way that they fall off usually in like Saturday Night Live or Carol Burnett's skits where they've got a mustache and it starts to fall off and everybody laugh. I guess they haven't over the many decades, perfected the glue on a fake mustache. Apparently you gotta go with the theatrical spirit gum they call it. I remember having to use that as an actor back in the day. Probably it costs a big pain. Probably costs more than the two dollars I spent on this fake mustache. Mine takes quite a while to remove too. My son goes to a private Christian school and I was interested, and they sent out an email yesterday of what they can't do since they have school uniforms and everything, and man, nothing that relates to a ghost or anything like that. I thought that was interesting. I mean, I understand, I guess, but you really, you really think some kids dress as a goat it's a ghost, is going to turn people away from Christianity.
Speaker 4: I am not persuaded by those arguments myself, but I.
Speaker 2: Understan the we don't want anything that's like, you know, you're not a murderer with a bloody knife carrying a severed head. I understand that sort of stuff. I'm not too concerned about witches and ghosts swaying children to the dark side. But you know, hey, you get to make the rules you want. Did I see that? Just like today, I guess, there have been a couple of posts put out that are breaking news that we need to get to. Just today, like in the last hour or so, a couple of good ones that I'm excited about, you know, like yesterday. Trump had posted right before we went on the air, We're gonna start no clear testing again. And then, as you mentioned, at some point yesterday, I wonder if he'll ever reference that again, or if that's a thing, or if that was just something he asked anybody, Hey, are we geared up to do this? Do we need to do this? Do we want to do this? Whether he would ever bring it up. I didn't find out until yesterday that he put out that post right before meeting with she, So I think it was a classic Trump I'm gonna rattle this guy little bit before I go in there. And and then, like you said, I think there's a decent chance that he's not going to bring it up again. Right, But the media is so excited that millions of Americas. Americans are set to lose their food step benefits tomorrow. The media is so excited about that they finally got something they can sink their claws into as the look how evil the Republicans are starving humans all across the country. Yeah, good luck with that. Let me say, let me say anything, Let me say something that makes conservatives look evil, for this is a I'm going to be your stereotypical conservative. And I believe this, By the way, I'm not just pretending I'm going to be your stereotypical conservative that liberals like in the town I live in hate. I think of the forty million people who we have on food stamps, A whole bunch of them are lazy or to or have plenty of money, but are using you to pay for their food so that they can spend their money on other stuff. Are there people in there who legitimately need it, of course, but all forty million, I doubt it. What's the preserve the lazy? What serves the lazy? What's the percentage? I bet it ain't half that need it, you know. So there's my evil conservative thought. But I doubt that half the forty million people actually need that. They're spending their money on shoes they don't need, or phones they don't need, or all kinds of luxury items so that we pay for their food. Right, Yeah, I agree completely, So obviously so, and I have a feeling I represent the thought of many people like you. And so when you hear these stories from the mainstream media about the forty million, you're gonna lose the fod stabs I think there's about half the country things Yeah, all right, whatever to a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got to admit the whole question of who will be blamed, what will the narrative be of just it's exhausting to me and worthless. But oh yeah, you're generally speaking worthless. Yeah. Interestingly, there is news and noise from both sides. They're a growing number of Democrats and media members who are calling the Democrat that's out for having caused this entirely. On the other side, Trump saying, hey, and the filibuster and then past the budget, we've got to do away with the filibuster.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: As soon as the Democrats can control the Senate, they're going to do it, So let's beat them to the punch.
Speaker 2: That's one of the announcements. Yeah, that came out this morning. He put out a truth social go with the nuclear option in the filibuster, which would be awful. I hope that John Thune holds the line and doesn't do that, because then the House is the Senate, or that the Senate is the House and it's just majority rule and it's no good, no good at all.
Speaker 4: Right, we're going through a period right now in American politics.
Speaker 2: It will not last forever.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could get worse, I suppose, but yeah, let's let's leave some institutions along and give it a little while. Yeah, well, man, you've had several presidents in a row push for it. Barack Obama called it the legacy of slavery or something like that. All that was one of the biggest loads of crap ever crapped. Pardon may So, one side or the other is going to do it, but I'd rather it not be the side I generally vote for, because I think it'd be awful to end the filibuster.
Speaker 2: You know what I need to do.
Speaker 4: I need to relook up a lot of your HALLOWEENI words like ghoul they have actual meanings going back to like the Middle Ages. A ghoul was a grave robber, as I recall, wow, and like fiend means something specific and uh, and they weren't. They weren't just generalized scary things as specific meanings.
Speaker 2: I gotta grab that. We got to start the show officially dicking up graves. Man, that's rough. That is rough, and you're like, you got to open the casket because you're trying to get like jewels or stuff off of the or maybe even their teeth. That's really you.
Speaker 4: Know, back in the day, even you know, a nice sturdy belt. The guy was buried with a good belt.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Still, you're just steal whatever there was, dead man's shoes, steal the bones, if you could get anything.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show of acally as a guy with a cool mustache. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe getting on this. It is Friday, October thirty first, better known as Halloween. You're twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting and we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: Let's begin then, officially according to FCC rules, Eggs. Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 5: And finally, Chipotle is offering us Halloween burrito for the twenty fifth year in a row.
Speaker 2: And after one of those.
Speaker 5: You'll be praying that someone tepee's your house.
Speaker 2: You'll need lots of toilet paper. Wow. Oh, because I guess dysentery brought on by the burrito. Oh, I see now I'm tracking. You weren't following. I just saw this will be a tease before I go to break. I just saw what is the most popular costume for couples this year, And it's a pretty good idea, although annoying but super easy. You know, we're all looking freezy, right, we got invited to a party. Okay, but what a he said, say, we gotta wear a costume? Oh jeez, what are we gonna wear? We gotta come up with something, stupid.
Speaker 4: Jones Is are gonna go crazy. They make a big deal of it every year. So we got to do something. Oh there's a good one.
Speaker 2: There's a good, easy one that you could throw together today, super easy, and.
Speaker 4: Then be satisfied, telling me right now, and I promise not to haunt you.
Speaker 2: So he got that in Katie's headlines all the way. Stay here. This is actually a pretty good idea, though annoying. If you're a couple that got invited to some sort of Halloween gathering and you don't want to put in any effort. You both wear sweatshirts or T shirts and one of you write six on your shirt and the other one writes seven on your shirt, and you go six seven. I walk into a party, anybody's wearing that. I leave. That's seriously, it's the most popular costume for couples this year because it's so easy to throw together.
Speaker 4: I saw up on TV groups of couples as six seven. Good conversation starter, I suppose, although and easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super duper easy. My son's got this big inflatable. It's all black, so in the dark you you won't be able to see him. I don't know what the but anyway, it's got a little fan in it and it blows it up, and so he's like a ball. And he's been walking around the neighborhood like that, walking the dog and getting a tremendous amount of attention and lots of Grandma is wanting to take his picture and whatnot. Very cute, that's funny. I don't know what. He's just his content, his custom is.
Speaker 4: I'm bloated exactly, all right. I'm just I'm a sphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It's just odd looking. Yeah, well fair enough. What color is it? Blackh okay? And he's got a black mask and black shoes and black gloves, so he's just all black a ball.
Speaker 4: I'm a black ball. I'm black balling. And it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Huh. All right, let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 4: It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie already.
Speaker 2: Starting with the Washington Post.
Speaker 3: Experts say Trump's push to restart nuclear tests could take years and cost millions.
Speaker 2: Okay, well everything costs millions, all right? I hate this is what. There's so many things I hate about political republic reporting, and one of them is whichever side does anything, the other side talks about what it costs, as if either one of these parties care about what we're spending. It's always a minor amount of money. You can't get anybody to comment on the fact that Social Security is going broke to the tune of trillions. But if somebody tries to, you know, add something to the White House or nuclear testing or you know, a protest or anything to this cost taxpayers eight million dollars. Oh, give me a break, Like you care about that.
Speaker 4: What did the WA posts say about Stacy Abrams getting a billion dollars for phony environmental something or other?
Speaker 2: They spill any ink over that one? Probably not. This one from CNN.
Speaker 3: Trump considering plans to target cocaine facilities inside Venezuela.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been reading a lot about the drug trade and drug roots from South America up through the Caribbean and around the Pacific side to the US, and right, well, I have a great deal to say about it, but yes, there are enormous amounts of deadly drugs moving through the very roots. Trump has been blowing boats up on and it's becoming more and more clear to me that we have these floundering, pathetic Narco states all over the place in our neighborhood. And it's gonna be tough and it could cost millions jack, but we've got to do something about our own neighborhood. We got to clean it up.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So on from Breitenbart, more than seventy two hundred truck drivers were removed from United States highways after failing the English test.
Speaker 2: That's happened. Yeah, so the new Department of Transportation secretary comes in and says, you've got to be able to read and write English, speak English, and that many people lost their jobs. Wow, why were we hiring that many thousands of people that can't read American road signs, American.
Speaker 4: Truck drivers or I can't find Americans who will work that cheap?
Speaker 3: Well, right, the case in Florida with that guy that with that U turn and killed that family.
Speaker 2: They gave him the English test.
Speaker 3: He correctly answered two of twelve of the verbal questions and accurately identified just one of four traffic signs.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's mebionic and obscene that Pete Budaje Edge is being talked about as a presidential candidate, as the current guy has made it clear they did nothing to modernize our air traffic control system. They were just slaves to the union and invested nothing in new technology.
Speaker 2: This is an obscene case here. Peet footages was worse than useless from the Wall Street Journal. Cities across the the US are putting robots to work doing what.
Speaker 3: They're doing jobs like firefighting, lawnmowing, beach.
Speaker 2: Cleaning, and other things.
Speaker 4: Lawn mowing, lawn mowing, Oh yeah, yeah, the robots mores are huge in golf courses especially, but municipally too. I mean, all you need is a GP. The GPS systems are so good now you don't have to employ human beings or you can have them doing something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the GPS doesn't see a cat or someone's sunbathing in the lawn. Cat needs to get out of the way. Huh, it's the cat's job. It's true.
Speaker 3: My neighbor has a lawn room BA and had I had to move out of its way the other day and I had a big issue with that.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, you might getting your feet cut off, right.
Speaker 3: ABC police are warning about dangerous look alike candies ahead of Halloween. This is that whole edible thing where they look like jolly ranchers and sour candies and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was having a joke with someone the other day about the whole razor blades and apples thing that was big when I was young. My mom would get home from Halloween with our caramel apples because grandmas gave them out, and my mom would go through them all to make sure nobody had slipped a razor blade in there, because your typical grandma, who's you know, lived in your local little area, is all about slicing up the mouth of a child for her own enjoyment and then spending decades in prison for the offense.
Speaker 4: Exactly likewise the pot candies. Is it accidentally that would happen or what?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This one from study fines Adults devour their Halloween candy before trigger treaders even get to knock.
Speaker 2: H My youngest wanted to buy the candy last night, and I said no, no, no, we'll buy it today. I don't want it to. I would have eaten a handful of candy last night had it been in the house. I just knew I would have.
Speaker 3: I bought it yesterday, and I've already had a kit cat this morning.
Speaker 2: So some cool little morning kit cast. Yeah, there you go, pick me up.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon Bee, Democrats vow to starve as many food stamp recipients as it takes to.
Speaker 2: Get free health care for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 4: Ay oh, Seth Dillon needs to be in charge of the Republican Party's messaging so much better than anything I've heard from them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm looking at all the adults up on television who addressed as six seven Ford and then they do that, and then they do the hand gesture Armstrong and getty. My favorite sources are predicting that the Senate leader John Thune will ignore Trump's early morning call to end the filibuster. That would be a huge political move. But we can talk more about that coming up. Also, the Nobel Peace Prize winner all of a sudden not as fascinating to people that she agrees with Donald Trump. Yeah, there's a shock.
Speaker 4: The administration has identified targets in venezuel that include military facilities used to smuggle drugs. We'll talk about that coming up, But first, Michael, you thought you had me, didn't you?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: First, it's the Friday tradition. If I'm looking back at the week that was, it's crypt of the week.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's Andson's idea. He gets full cry. I like it. It's creepy and crawl and so okay, it's creep a coming together in Queens and then we're going to watch it and you see you to take back.
Speaker 3: The White House.
Speaker 2: When the boot of the MIPD is on your neck. It's been the least by the ideas. But also you know, it was also about paying the bills man, and it was just like hustling. I've never listened to poles. I'm transcendigenous, transitive.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you sis? American?
Speaker 5: I woke up every day as a as a black woman who is queer.
Speaker 2: So if you are a one or two X you are small fat, read a four X you are mid fat, five to six X you are super fat. Do you love coming to Costco with your wife? Oh? Zero, that's why I'm by myself. She's over there who.
Speaker 5: Are saying this arms mode was sped away from a shooting of a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy. Right now, it looks like she's a boost.
Speaker 2: What I was talking.
Speaker 1: Amazon slashing fourteen thousand corporate jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm told by four senior DHS officials that they're moving up to twelve ice chiefs from around the country from their positions.
Speaker 3: The Pentagon announcing the single deadliest day of strikes against alleged drug smugglers. The fake news said they were fishing men, but they would trend the rock with thugs heading to the United States with a boat full of drugs.
Speaker 5: Vladimir Prutin saying that they have successfully tested a nuclear powered cruise missile.
Speaker 2: President Trump called the meeting with she that lasted about two hours quotes amazing. I would say the meeting was at twelve. Climate is a super important problem. We have to frame it in terms of overall human welfare.
Speaker 5: HI welcome the shift to common sense, even though the climate Dumerism Gates helped create has fueled a mental health crisis among young people.
Speaker 1: An urgent search to find three lab monkeys still on the loose.
Speaker 2: Wet I speak tongueless luckily, so he said, there are twenty one monkeys on this truck. Wish your pains on.
Speaker 5: Series master piece Tom twenty, tell you what you savage goods.
Speaker 2: To the least Game six World Series tonight with Yama Moto pitching for the Dodgers these last two starts, he's pitched complete games, stayed in there the whole time, and won both times. So I'm written for a game seven. What's that smell? I smell the scent of a game seven. Yeah. I still feel like there's tons of pressure on the Dodgers and zero pressure on the Blue Jays, which helps the Blue Jays.
Speaker 4: So this this guy's walking up into the batter's box to try to hit against Yamamoto or feeling a little pressure.
Speaker 2: So this woman that won the Nobel Peace Prize when she wanted a couple of weeks ago. I remember, there's a lot of hubbub about whether Trump would win it maybe next year, And there's this woman from Venezuela, and who Venezuela, who's an opposition figure to Nicholas Maduro and all lefties in the world love the Nobel Peace Prize and hail all the decisions they make, but not so much this time around, as she has started to come out and say things indicating that she likes Trump blasting these boats out of the water and threatening an invasion in all these different sorts of things. Now, I was just reading this interview she did with Bloomberg yesterday, in which, of course they're really working hard to get her to say something like Trump shouldn't do this, but she doesn't say that at all. She's not super forthcoming, but she's she's kind of vaguely supportive, but she's certainly not against it. You use the word narco terrorism. That's the language the Trump administration is using about Venezuela. President's Trump is saying, after the strikes on boats that the land will be next. Do you support US military strikes on the territory of Venezuela. I believe the escalation that's taken place is the only way to force me Durow to understand that it's time to go. Earlier in the interview, when they ask about shouldn't there be a trial or evidence or due process for these people, she said, any deaths that turn out to be not narco terriss are on the head of Maduro. He brought this violence on, so she's given Trump a pass for that, and as to the actual land invasion, she said, I believe that this escalation is the last opportunity for those that still support Maduro to understand that they need to take all support away from him. She says to the interviewer with Bloomberg, I asked you to understand what we the Venezuelan people have done. We've had over thirty five rigged elections, we finally demonstrated, we won, and then we were attacked. We've had thousands of protests, peaceful rallies, demonstrations, We've gone through every single institutional means something else needs to happen. And fair enough, yes, she says that this pressure, this threat is the only thing that's gonna work. Right, And even if she's not one hundred percent sent down with everything Trump is doing in the way he's doing it, he is clearly in the US under this administration, is clearly the greatest ally she and her movement have for redoving, removing Maduro, and so now it's not the time for quibbling. I think she would tell you, Yeah, we got to get this monster and his cartel kleptocracy out of here. I don't know if this is the right move or not, but I saw bumper sticker going into the Halloween store, one of the many in my town that says war isn't the answer. And I had a discussion with my son, who was in violent agreement with me. How stupid that is to me? You have you have that sort of bumper stick or a T shirt, you've just you just you might have wear a sign that says I'm a moron or a child. I have the mind of a child, a moron child. It's just a freaking stupid So what do you suggest, For instance, Ukraine, a country attacks you and invade you and decides they're going to take you over?
Speaker 4: What should you do? Go to the UN and pass a resolution, negotiate? Right, Yeah, I know it's it's just absurd. I'm trying to think of what's the perfect bumper sticker. No more bumper stickers. Don't read bumper stickers, that would be a good sticker. War is not the answer. Your bumper sticker isn't the answer. It's an idiot label saying it.
Speaker 2: It's such a moronic point of view, is it? Do they believe it? It's like pacifist. Do they believe that or is it just a it's kind of fun and cool to be a that sort of person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's self congratulatory. It's a virtue signaling.
Speaker 2: But what you do is you you're opting out of making the tough decisions. Well, good for you and standing up to the bad guys.
Speaker 4: Now is excessive offensive war a good thing or or ill conceived wars.
Speaker 2: To serve certain special interests a good thing? No, of course not.
Speaker 4: We're not making some sort of blanket endorsement of all violence. Far from it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's a dumb attitude. Why do we still have what we have in the United States that other countries haven't taken it? One reason, only one reason only, that we are militarily stronger than every other country on earth. That's the only reason we get to hang on to our resources and way of life. Otherwise somebody would come along and take it, you freaking morons.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of difficult choices in a complicated world, let me hit you with a little more from this story about USI striking Venezuela and ground targets, and then the greater theme which I hinted at earlier. So the administration has identified targets in Venezuela, including military facilities used to smuggle drugs. Hear me again, friends, military facilities used to smuggle drugs because the Maduro regime and the cartels and the military are all in coats their one giant crime organization. If President Trump decides to move forward with the air strikes, they said, the targets would send a clear message to Maduro that it is time to step down. While the President has not made final decisions on ordering land strikes, the officials set a potential air campaign would focus on targets that sit at the nexus of the drug gangs and the Maduro regime.
Speaker 2: So we had the reporting yesterday that fishermen are more scared of their own government than they are scared of getting obliterated by Trump from the sky. Oh, I don't doubt I don't doubt that either.
Speaker 4: There are no fishermen with cigarette boats with four giant outboard engines going you know, seventy knots across the ocean anyway.
Speaker 2: Plus the chance of an accidentally they blashed you out of the water versus an actual drug boat exists. But the chance that the Maduro government comes to your house and grabs you and throws you in prison. If you rise up is one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, you know, back to your theme of the war is not the answer in Ninny's people like that they represent a group.
Speaker 2: That either can't admit.
Speaker 4: Or won't that often in the affairs of a nation, you have two bad choices, two choices that you wish you didn't have to make, both of which make you sad. But you've got to do one of them and then pay the price for it and endure the pain and heartache of it. Ask Ukrainians, And I'm looking at our neighborhood, Central and South America, and our history down there is well known. And if you're if you've been in college recently, you've heard, you know, and read reams of information about how awful it was that the US backed right wing regimes to keep the Communists at bay. And certainly a lot of the regimes we've back did awful things that make me sad and sickened, honestly, But to have, for instance, the Chinese Communists in charge of this neighborhood would be worse.
Speaker 2: And certainly, you know, we try to cut down the.
Speaker 4: Excesses of our allies and should. But I'm looking at South America as it is right now, and I won't go through the whole shebang because we don't have time. But if you look at Ecuador and Colombia and Venezuela and a couple others, they are either narcokliptocracies that are flooding our country with dangerous drugs and hot beds to organize crime. Some of the big gangs you've heard of, some of them you haven't, and or they're just complete basket cases. And though it is difficult and expensive, I love the idea of the US taking a more activist role in our neighborhood. We have it in our power not to be surrounded by narco terrorist basket cases.
Speaker 2: We got to do that. Joe Getty neo con Yes, has a post term of John Bolton in his bathroom and a little grail to Lindsey Graham that he essentially neils before every day.
Speaker 4: Yea gram it's a shirtless picture, Lindsay, which is it's kind of a side story. But anyway, no, because of.
Speaker 2: The closet door. If you are an understanding, oh my gosh, you know what.
Speaker 4: I want to finish that point but a quick word from our friends at web Roots. The scariest part of October is not the gooles and ghosts, it's being vulnerable to cyber criminals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we all need this. Webroot Total Protection protection with real time anti virus firewall, network monitoring, a web threat shield, you'll be protected from malware, ransomware, and fishing scams automatically. Plus their identity protection includes dark web monitoring looking around in the dark WAB to see if your information's floating out there, up to one million dollars in expensory imbursements for stolen funds, and secure VPN, which I love.
Speaker 4: So the whole world isn't tracking everywhere you go and everything you do online. Change your October from Cyberscara to CyberSecure with sixty percent off Webroot Total Protection at webroot dot com slash Armstrong. They have twenty four to seven US based customer support, by the way, and new text scam detection. I love that again. Sixty percent off, limited time. Go to webroot dot com slash Armstrong. You got to use our code to get that big giant discount one more time. Webroot dot com slash Armstrong anyway. To finish my point, very very briefly, after some of the excesses of the twentieth century and the Cold War and everything, Jimmy Carter in particular, started a trend of America needs to be kinder and more gentle and hands off because some of the regimes we backed were really mean, and we're ashamed and were sad and we're sorry. You can self determine, and then the neighborhood goes completely to hell.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 4: It's like going from Rudy Giuliani to Zorn Mumdani.
Speaker 2: It's just we went way too far.
Speaker 4: And you could, I suppose you could make the argument that, well, these countries got to manage themselves, but no, they're externalities. They screw with us. And I say, take a more active role in your neighborhood. Start with your neighborhood before you try to clean up the whole world.
Speaker 2: Joe getting Neo Khan on this. This is the scariest of all days. I don't think that's fair. I want to talk more about that later. Fascinating article about AI yesterday, a big conference they had where they had a debate between the it's going to ruin the world and the It's going to make the world the best it's ever been crowd. They kind of had a debate. Oh really yeah, and a bunch of other stuff on the way, including mailbag. Next stay here. That's some good scary music on Halloween. There, Michael. The all new Armstrong Ingetty superstore is open with our new sweatshirts. We need to talk about later, hoodies whatever you call them, and very popular or they're going to be popular because they're super high quality and really good this year. And look forward to talking about that more later. Great gift for someone who's a fan of the show. Do we have them with the Star of the Lazy message on it yet? I don't know that's gonna take off. Man, My brothers would like that. Oh yeah, yeah, I would too.
Speaker 4: Here's your freedom loved quote of the day from Matt Taibi the say we highlighted yesterday. We're in the upper class twits promoting revolution space, a script with which most of the rest of the world is sadly familiar. Is there no defense against the ignorant, rich upper class twits promoting revolution?
Speaker 2: I'm Donnie in company. Love that.
Speaker 4: Well done, Matt oh In an honorary quote of the day.
Speaker 2: MJ sient this along.
Speaker 4: You know a good point about Gavy Newsom's fake as a poor kid act, which is just hilarious. But she then signs off with the CS Lewis quote, which I've always loved. You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good remembering every day of your life.
Speaker 4: Mailbag drop as note Mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot Com got a number of notes on the poll that came out that Democrats are not proud of the country and Republicans still are. The numbers of Democrats and independents who say they're very or extremely for out of the countries plunge in the last twenty years or so where it's child steadied about ninety percent for Republicans. Yeah, in regards to the polls, what.
Speaker 2: Polls, all of them?
Speaker 4: Well played, Tom, that have Republicans still proud in this country?
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 4: As always, the type of person who's in the Democrat camp a more emotionally driven.
Speaker 2: They rely on their feelings to guide them.
Speaker 4: Well, it's much easier to influence that type of person with empty rhetoric and hair on fire proclamations Hitler's in the White House, where as a person who thinks, analyzes, and actually pays attention to their skeptical genie is not easily herded from guardrail to guardrail. So in conclusion, duh, let's see JT on the same topic.
Speaker 2: It's easy to.
Speaker 4: Explain Republicans and Conservatives base their pride on the fundamentals of our country, freedom, liberty, our constitutional republic, et cetera. Those things don't change very much over time, and certainly don't depend on which party is in the White House. So it's no surprise that Republican sentiment has remained relatively flat. By contrast, the Democratic Party and Progressives are a political movement built on aggrievement. Of course, they can't be proud of a country that contains so many things about which agreement is necessary. You know, I think that's an excellent point. Grievance has become virtually the only motivating force among Democrats. And you can't stoke grievance twenty four to seven and then say, but this is a wonderful country.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work. That's the answer.
Speaker 4: Well done, friend, friends, our old friend Kemper really enjoys our scathing conversations about government schools and what they're doing, but he says it annoys me that they don't wrap up with a strong statement advocating school voucher programs in California. Whe Kemper Lives and other places. You know, fair criticism, there are answers, so yeah, we'll throw that in. More email to come. We got some really good, amusing ones, but we are out of time. AI is going to be great for all of us or ruin our lives? Which is it.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that among other things on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty