Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: In Tuesday edition Clay Travis buck Sexton Show, congratulations to the Florida Gators. Buck Sexton and I both nailed it, said the Florida Gators are going to win the NCAA tournament. They did in a really fun game last night. We'll maybe have a little bit of fun with that. Buck's wife, Carrie, is a Florida Gator alum, and I know many of you out there listening across the country are Gator fans as well, Houston Cougar fans.
Speaker 1: Probably great season.
Speaker 2: Probably not going to be as angry at me today and the talkbacks as they were yesterday. Since Florida one covered as I told you they were going to do, we'll have some fun with that. We also will continue to be CNBC and Fox Business. Since everybody is suddenly obsessed with what the day to day movement of the stock market is, let me go ahead and tell you right off the top.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: The Dow is up roughly one thousand points today. For those of you who have been obsessively following the stock market during the Trump battle, S and P five hundred up about two and a half points two and a half percent, that is, and the NASDAC up about two and a half percent. So I am your business a business beat writer here giving you the absolute latest on the stock market. In all seriousness, stock market is bouncing back quite a lot, as we told you it was likely to do. And I saw Buck something that I thought kind of perfectly epitomized the way the market is being used to attack Trump right now. CNN yesterday, when the stock market was down, had the stock market ticker on their screen constantly all day long. Hey it's down, this, it's down that Today the stock market is surging, going to have one of its best days in probably months, maybe years. And CNN at the time that I was watching it not have the ticker showing that it was back up substantially. But again general lesson here. They are going to use whatever they can to attack Trump. The stock market is going to go up, and it's going to go down. I told you if it's below where it is today eighteen months from now, and if the inflation is up, I'll come on and I'll wear a clown costume and I'll tell you, hey, you know what, I was totally wrong. I think it's going to resolve itself. I think by the summer, many of these trade disputes will be decided. The battle with China is going to be longer lasting because China has been for decades now taking advantage of the global free trade marketplace to rig it game in its favor, and it will take a long time, I think, to potentially get a resolution there. But we told you at some point water is going to find its level. The markets have seemingly adjusted to this trade war that is now underway. Big drops Thursday, Friday, big bounce back today, and we will see kind of how this plays out. But I think you should know that the main attack here is just find anything that is negative and decide to use it as a cudgel against Trump. Other news today, Buck's last radio show as tomorrow. You're gonna be on tomorrow too, Yeah, yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were out. I thought you were out my last full day. And for those of you are saying, like, how do you know it could happen, Yes, it could happen, like in five minutes. Let's let's hope. K not because I'm the middle of the show, but I would go with my wife at the hospital. But because the baby's gotten a little big the doctors would like us to induce. So that's why you were inducing tomorrow. But you're gonna be on the show tomorrow. I'm gonna be on the show, Toro. I'm finishing the show tomorrow, grabbing my go bag with the wifey going to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you were at the hospital tomorrow. Okay, So Buck has one more show.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna do a live segment from the hospital during the they'd like, yes, Clay. Here, I am seventh floor of the Miami the sideline reporter of the baby delivery. Okay, I thought today was the last day You'll be in tomorrow and then the baby is scheduled to arrive. So Buck in his final moments of getting ready for a baby to arrive. All right, what's your take as we sit here in the stock market does as the stock market does bounce back, how many days in a row do you think it would need to bounce back for the latest? Oh my goodness, the world is burning down. Remember when it was the first term, everything Trump did world War three would trend, you know he would. And when he killed Solimani, it was immediately every decision that he made was in some way going to lead to imminent catastrophe, and then by and large none of that occurred. And the one thing that actually caused the biggest calamity was something he was not responsible for at all, which was COVID escaping from a Chinese lab in you know, January of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: And now that sort of set the whole world on fire. But Trump had nothing at all to do with having caused it in any way, unless you want to say, hey, Fauci had something to do with it from years and years ago, which I think is fair based on gain of function research. But you would think that people would have learned their lesson. But they just have to run around these left wingers and many of their legacy media allies as if we are in the midst of an unprecedented catastrophe over and over again, and the catastrophe is constantly shifting. The signal leaked Jeffrey Goldberg Atlantic story was gonna burn everything down. Now that's completely gone, and the new thing is, oh, Trump's tariff battle is going to destroy the world. That's the new calamity.
Speaker 1: Well, they've had to come to grips with something in the anti Trump media, which is that their credibility in the public's mind. And I mean that broadly. I mean that even for Trump voters, right, it's just evaporated. We're in a totally different world now. Just the front page of the New York Times is not enough to convince someone of anything's truth anymore. Broadly, everyone recognizes, I think, much more clearly than ever before, that the media is running anti Trump ops on a regular basis, choosing what to cover, how they cover at everything, and so clay. They no longer have the ability, They no longer have the ability to induce there's that word again, to induce panic across the country the same way. Now. Their audience still demands it and wants it at some level, but even they, I think, have become a little bit numb to Trump panic syndrome. The synapses are kind of fried. For the Libs, they can't get themselves quite as freaked out now because we were told even a matter of what six months ago, that he would be hitler, and now we're seeing no, it's actually fine. It's all fine, Libs. You know, this was the one thing when I was with Bill Maher on his show, and you know, he just had dinner with Trump, recently. Yes, I tried the one thing that I tried to convince him of that I thought I might make a little ground, as I said, I promise you Trump is not Hitler and it's all going to be fine. And he refused, He said, I disagree. I think the country's over if he wins. Well, now we just went and had dinner with him. So put that one. Put one in the column for the Buckster was speaking truth to mister Bill maher on that obviously, So Clay, this is the administration continuing to keep promises. And also I think to be very focused on what the agenda is irrespective of whatever the media says. And that's the Trump doesn't give a you know what about what they say. Is actually a powerful political tool right now, or it's a powerful political reality, and I think he should continue to do this. They also, we haven't mentioned it. We'll get into it more later. Supreme Court just came down five to four on the Alien Enemies Act deportations, and the White House is going to be able to continue to do that. And I know there's a change of venue. We can get into some of those specifics, but it is not in fact the case that this was open and shot Trump can't do There's no actually Trump can, So we should continue to look at that as well. But I think on the economic side of things, they're really running out of stuff to tell us is going to cause the depression because of Trump? Right, They're running out of levers to pull here on this one. Because if this was supposed to be Black Monday, as they were saying, as Kramer said, to whatever degree anyone thinks that guy should be listened to, I think the answer should be almost not at all. But what are they going to keep saying?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Is this going to be the walls they're closing in with the impeachments all over again? You know, I think that they still are completely ineffectual at their efforts to derail this administration, which is to the benefit of the American people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's totally true, and I think it's important. Again, I'm pulling up since I'm the stock market reporter right now. You know, your stocks are basically the exact same price as they were in May of last year, so eleven months ago. If you did not feel as I would imagine most of you did not eleven months ago, if you did not feel like you were on the verge of imploding. Then stocks go up, they go down, and I believe that we will soon, you know, continue that that upswing in the Trump era over the next couple of years. But you don't know when This average stock market price, you know, in every year on average goes up eight or nine percent, but there's a wide range of how that can go. And I would just say, look at prices back in May of last year. If you weren't panicked, if you weren't sitting around staring at the walls thinking to yourself, oh my goodness, how am I going to live? Probably take a breath and and realize that you're okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Clay, beyond that, though, you know that the stock market is just an indicator. Let's talk about America and the economy as well. Here they said, meaning the people that are freaked out about Trump as a profession, they said that he was going to crash the stock market with this. He didn't. Okay, it didn't happen. And this is probably the moment of maximum disruption as it relates to market perception. Because we'll get into some of these specifics. There's negotiations ongoing this country's come forward and said, hey, let's figure this out. Fifty countries plus already have said all right, let's get a deal going here. So there will be a greater degree of market certainty and a greater degree of the economy is okay, right. The perception of stability will create additional stability with this, which I think also Clay goes to Trump and his team understand these fundamental currents within the economy, not just the stock market, about manufacturing, about trade, about employment, about the price of gas, the price of eggs, the price of mortgages. All of these things are in consideration, and this team knows what they are doing and is trying to achieve something. You know, you can just tell the Democrats were hoping. They were hoping for the stock market to go down forty percent yesterday, yes, because that would in their minds, that would be okay, we're back baby, the end of the Trump presidency. It didn't happen, and now we're going to see who's right and who's wrong.
Speaker 2: And I definitely think again, for all of you out there, just trust to the extent you trust us on anything, eight or nine percent a year every ten years, the S and P five hundred, it is going to double. If you really significantly get sick to your stomach watching the stock market, then don't pay a lot of attention to the stock market and recognize that whatever is not going a little bit perfectly, they are going to immediately weaponize against Trump. And you don't make decisions typically in your own life on a day to day basis. You would never I think this analogy is so good. You would never look at what Zillo says the value of your house is and be like, oh my goodness, I've got to sell my house right now. Your house is constantly fluctuating in price. You have no idea what it's going to be worth. Most people do well on their houses because there is a significant cost associated with selling a home. With moving. Most people move into a house and they stay there for years. And if you do that, if you make a solid decision, the best financial decision most people make is buying a house and holding on to it. Same thing's true also of stocks. We'll take some of your calls. By the way, We're also scheduled to be joined by Selena Zito, who does a good job of reporting from out in the Midwest. Kind of the middle part of the country about what she's seeing on the road and what she's seeing and all these different communities.
Speaker 1: Well, her calling card for a lot of us who remember the twenty sixteen election is she was the one who said that people in the media and the Democrats took Trump literally but not seriously, when they should have taken him seriously but not literally. And also was reporting from russ Belt flyover whatever you want to call the de industrialized areas of the country and said, no, I'm talking about twenty sixteen now, right when this was still shock to a lot of people, she was doing that reporting saying, no, people are really it, this is a movement, this is real. So she's got an update now eight years later on that for us that I think Klay would be really interesting to hear, no doubt. In the meantime, if you're feeling a little bit draggy right now, maybe you're sitting around and coming out of a little bit late night with the Houston and Florida game, maybe coming out of the weekend with a lot of March madness going on, a lot of kids hitting the fields for Little League baseball soccer. I know my kids are running around like crazy. Maybe it need a little bit more energy. I got all across game to get to this afternoon. A lot of different things going on right now, and Chalk can hook you up. They will make a great benefit to your overall energy regimen. Chalk's mail Vitality Stack will help guys replenish a diminished level of testosterone.
Speaker 2: Happens naturally as we age. You take it for three months, you can get a twenty percent increase, which will help to fuel more energy for you. Buck has been using it to work out, get himself back in shape as the baby gets ready to come. You can get hooked up today at Chalk dot com cchoq dot com my name Clay for a massive discount on any subscription for life. You can cancel your subscription anytime without any penalties. All you have to do is go to Chalk dot com again, cchoq dot com, my name Clay. Massive discount on any subscription for life Chalk dot com.
Speaker 1: My name c l a Y Saving America one thought at a time.
Speaker 3: Clay Trap and Buck Sexton them Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Clay, Travis, Buck Sexton show. Okay, I understand, and it feels like getting a law degree was actually a good decision solely based on being in media, because there are so many court decisions that are constantly coming down, not only when Trump was running for office, but now as a part of the Trump era.
Speaker 1: So let me hit you with the latest ruling.
Speaker 2: That just came down in the last What am I looking at this in the last twenty minutes or so? The Supreme Court headline at the Wall Street Journal, Supreme Court lets Trump fire federal employees. The Supreme Court on Tuesday lifted a lower court order that blocked the Trump administration from firing sixteen thousand federal employees, saying that these organizations that claim they were harmed lack legal standing to challenge the layoffs. Order was unsigned, but two liberal justices opposed it, suggesting that it was it would have otherwise been a seven to two decision. This was to overturn an injunction put in place by the US District Court Judge Alsop in San Francisco requiring the reinstatement of all of these employees that the Trump administration was seeking dismiss. Okay, So what's going on there? Also was the decision that came down relating to Trump's executive power to deport individuals from this trenda ragua gang. Basically, the Supreme Court is coming in and slapping down these federal nationwide injunctions that are being put in place by these district court judges. So Trump's executive authority and power is being reinforced by the Supreme Court, which is telling these federal district court judges you have to lift these injunctions. Now, we talked about this. The Trump two point zero resistance is not coming from the legacy media. It's not even coming from the Democrat Party. It's coming from left wing judges at the district court level that are deciding to try to enjoin that is stopped basically Trump from undertaking his executive authority. And we talked about it within the context Historically, Trump has more nationwide injunctions than Biden had in four years already, than Obama had in four years already. These judges are trying to throw themselves to thwart the Trump agenda and forcing the Supreme Court to come in and say, hey, you can't do this.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's also important context that not only the number that you laid out shows that something is clearly a miss here, right, four years versus sixty days, and he already has more injunctions. But also Clay, in both cases of Obama and Biden, those were presidents who said openly I don't have the authority to do this thing, and then did the thing. So those are those are presidents who were reckless about the use of executive power, just just flagrantly making stuff up doing you know, when you're talking about, oh is it the administration, look look at what they use against Trump. It's the Administrative Procedures Act. Was all due notice given in all the forms checked before you can fire a single of federal employee. With Obama or with with Biden, it was, yeah, you don't owe money to the student loans anymore. You know, we're just gonna make that go away for you. Right, We're talking about big things that they had clearly no authority to do whatsoever. So I just think that when you keep it and when you have it in that context, clearly, you know, right leaning judges are like, look, you know, I may not like what's going on here, but unless they violate the law, clearly, I'm not going to try to step in. Left wing judges are I don't like Trump. I'm going to find a way to stop him. Perfect example of this judge Boseburg, who has really become the pinnacle of the resistance. You know that he wasn't supposed to get the case. I just heard this the other day. It was amazing. He wasn't the judge on duty for the flight leaving. You know, remember, first of all, this is in DC, and why is this falling undo the DC jurisdiction. There's all these questions. But Clay, he stepped in and was like, oh no, I want this one. That's not how that That's not how that's supposed to work. The judge that hates the president isn't supposed to shove aside other judges in the rotation. Think about this, Clay. You know, if somebody was charged with murder and some judge shoved another judge out of the way, Oh no, I want this case because everybody knows I hate this defendant. Nobody would think that was okay. It's exactly what Boseburg did. And also, all these federal district court judges really do think that if they oppose Trump, they're also setting themselves up for promotion, because again, for those of you out there, and I understand sometimes your head rolls back into your head over this. There's the federal District court judge level, which is the lowest level of the district court judges. Then there's the Circuit Court, and then there's the Supreme Court. So these lowest level judges are trying to put in place, like this guy from San Francisco is trying to put in place a ruling that applies nationwide, and eventually it works its way into the Supreme Court, and they say no. And remember the precedent that they're putting in place about executive power and executive authority applies for all future presidents. So what they're trying to do is Trump resistance two point zero is almost exclusively the province so far of the judiciary. And to your point, Buck, it certainly is interesting that all these judges claiming that they are trying to def in the Constitution from an authoritarian dictator. Actually the Supreme Court is saying, time after time, Trump has the right to be able to do what he's doing. And I think it's important to point out that Biden knew many times when he was taking action, for instance, when it came to the extension of the lack of evictions under FEMA authority, that he didn't have the ability to do that, and he even said, this will just buy a few more months for us to be able to keep this policy in place. He defied what he knew the law was. Trump on so many of these, so many of these legal issues when he gets up against these resistance judges, Clay, how many times have we been told and all these people like I'm especially the former Conservatives or former Republicans out there, you know who they are.
Speaker 4: I'm so I'm so principled. What Trump is doing is flagrantly violating the Constitution. And then it turns out when real judges look at it, they go, no, this is he has the power to do this time and again, remember the so called Muslim band that wasn't a Muslim ban. It was a countries that can't vet and have a lot of terrorsts coming out of them ban.
Speaker 1: You know, they said he couldn't do that. He ended up being u correct on that. The courts eventually upheld it right. They made some kind of a modification to the first order to clarify, but it wasn't some crazy idea. It was based on Obama administration designations of terror supporting countries. But they just they have no ability Trump arrangement syndrome. It's so tiring, isn't it, Clay. They can't They keep telling you they're objective. They can't be objective when it comes to this guy.
Speaker 2: What about Crazily Remember when the Colorado is Supreme I know, everybody just tries to forget all this stuff happened. You don't hear it talked about very often, But the Colorado Supreme Court said Trump couldn't be on the ballot. Yeah, And it went all the way to the United States Supreme Court and all these people out there, we're saying, well, under the Confederate you know, clause of the whatever it was, the fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth Amendment. I don't even remember what the specific battle was, but it was one of those they said, this is a really difficult legal issue. I think there's a very strong case that he shouldn't be able to be on the ballots at all. I remember reading all these editorials in the New York Times, and then the Supreme Court said no, nine, oh, you can't do this, and when you get slapped down no by the United States Supreme Court and trying to argue, actually, they have the right to do this. I think a lot of people it was Lucy and Charlie Brown, you know, are you really.
Speaker 1: It's the football going to get pulled, football going to get pulled.
Speaker 2: In New York Times saying no, this is a really legitimate legal argument that they've made, and then the Supreme Court says, nine, No, you can't do this, Colorado Clay.
Speaker 1: It was the Democrat Apparatus that was telling us just a year ago that you can prosecute a president criminally for decisions that he makes as president. Right, think about that. I don't like the air strike he did throw them in. Yeah, that was effectively the argument that they were making. The Supreme Court had to clarify. No, if he's acting within presidential capacity, you can't say that's a criminal matter. It's a his discretion matter. But they needed that to be clarified, right, I mean, yeah, I think if we could run a tape play the whole show of CNN Legal experts in New York Times legal experts, you're just wrong over and over and to your point, in some of these cases, they're wrong nine. Oh yeah, has to be like, you guys are insane, even who is herself insane?
Speaker 2: Well, even this with the San Francisco District judge, everybody's telling us, oh, we don't know whether the president has authority. We told you on this show. Yeah, this is the very province of presidential authority. Even this was seven to two. You know, even this order striking down what the San Francisco judge did was very clearly telling him this is not within the province of your powers. The president has the ability to do this. And again, this is why so many of these rulings are not designed to win. They're designed to delay. It's it's like if you're if you're putting you know, back in the day, somebody's on the train tracks and you're trying to just put a bunch of burning logs on them. Your goal is not to end the ability of the train track to exist. It's just to slow everything down. It's all dilatory tactics, that's all that's going on here. And you know in this order about the this is the one that just came down.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: That is it's essentially saying, hey, you can't the judge that said you have to rehire. Everybody needs to needs to slow as slow his role here. Slow slow the role here because the people that brought the suit to get them reinstated don't even have standing right, correct, So they have no right to be in core on this issue. In the final you can't just suit. You can't just go to a federal judge and say, hey, some federal employees somewhere else got fired and I don't like that, So hey, judge, I know you hate Trump. Can you make them hire them back? And the fact that a lower court judge Clay went along with this sham, it just shows you how insane these people are and they don't care. They simply don't care. This is a federal judge in Baltimore that ordered the administration to reinstate thousands of fired probationary workers. One federal judge can say that you have to rehire thousands of people in the federal government because some nonprofit has brought a lawsuit in his court. Get out of here. This is when a judge tried to tell the President that he had to turn a plane around and return. Yeah, ton, I mean that's a pretty I'm actually glad. I'm glad that he did that, because that really that was he overplayed his hand big time, and everyone saw that for what it was. By the way, because if you can do that, he can say, hey, turn the F eighteen around, not allowed to bomb the nuclear reactor and around. By the way, breaking news on the tariffs, the White House has now imposed one hundred and four percent tariffs on China, effective immediately, in response to China's response to us. So we are this is a trade war. Just to be clear, this with China, we are entering trade war territory. The other countries are allies. We're gonna figure out a nice deal. But China, Clay, wouldn't you agree, I mean, that's this is a trade war now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's the gloves are off with China right now. So we'll break into that in a little bit more details. In the meantime, we talked about you. Maybe I've bet a lot of you last night stayed up and watched Houston, stayed up and watched Florida Gators. And I hope you had some fun with the price picks app during the NCAA tournament. But you can continue to have fun with the price picks app because Major League Baseball is going on basically every day. NBA playoffs are starting in the next ten days or so. Whatever sport you're into. The Masters are going on this weekend. If you like to watch the Masters, which for many people is like a Hey, spring is back. Let's get ready for summer. It's an opportunity to celebrate everything. Get hooked up right now with price Picks. You can put in a five dollar pick. You can play in Florida, you can play in Texas, you can play in California, you can play all over the country. You can play in Georgia. If you're feeling left out forty states. Get hooked up right now. Pricepicks dot Com code Clay, that is pricepicks dot Com code clay to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars.
Speaker 1: Lineup again. That's code Clay.
Speaker 2: Fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars, lineup Price Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: Pricepicks dot Com Code Clay. Patriots radio hosts a couple of.
Speaker 3: Regular guys, Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. Find them on the free iHeartRadio or wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts Now We're going to go talk with journalists Selena Zito, who did a great job covering Trump in the Midwest. We'll talk to her at the bottom half of this hour. We've been giving you the absolute latest on everything that's taking place in the markets. Markets have come back down, but they are still in the green that as they are still positive for the day. Trump versus China has accelerated, with the tariff on Chinese goods going to over one hundred percent. I think it's important for many of you out there to realize that we're really not talking about one policy fits all. It's going to be very different, but ultimately this trade battle is really about the United States versus China. Yes, there's going to be some tension with the European Union, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan, whoever else you want to toss out there, But really this is about the United States versus China. This is the big battle to be fought. It's going to resolve itself in the weeks and months ahead. But right now Trump is retaliating for China's retaliation to US, and I guess the next question, Buck, is will China retaliate again or is this move by Trump to put one hundred tariff on all Chinese goods going to actually provoke China to say, Okay, let's sit down, let's talk about a way to figure this out. So we will see exactly how that pans out. Bridge Colby committed, confirmed, not committed. We probably need to commit some Democrats, but not Bridge Colby and so he is confirmed. And we have been talking about the liberal judges and what they.
Speaker 1: Have been doing.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court in back to back rulings has given Trump the ability to continue to maintain his.
Speaker 1: Overall executive authority. Florida Gators get the win over the Houston Cougars. Both Buck and I had the right champions in our brackets. I managed to get a very narrow victory over Buck based on being better in the Sweet sixteen. We both had three fourths of the final four and also one half of the championship game. By the way, we're going to be joined by doctor Art Laffer. We're trying to get you a wide variety of perspectives on the trade dispute. Doctor Laffer had a really interesting Wall Street Journal piece that was up in Yesterday's was up yesterday online. I believe it's in today's newspaper about how to resolve the trade disputes. One of the most brilliant economists in the entire world, and so we will talk with him about this tomorrow. Okay, something fun buck, Lots of chaos going on, lots of craziness on a day to day basis. I bet there are strong opinions on this.
Speaker 2: There are reports this was the Time magazine cover that we have brought back a company has. I read all about this yesterday. I was fascinated by it yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 1: The dire Wolf, which is a bigger wolf than the traditional wolf, has been thanks to using DNA code. A company is saying they have brought the dire wolf back from extinction after ten thousand years. Now.
Speaker 2: Many of you are going to be familiar with the idea of the dire wolf because you watched Game of Thrones and the wolves in that Game of Thrones multi year saga grew into gigantic killing machines from small puppies. So I wanted to dive into this book back in the day.
Speaker 1: When you and I were young.
Speaker 2: The book before they made the movie Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. The entire concept is that they're able to take the of the dinosaurs from these if I remember correctly Mosquito's frozen and amber, and that they are then able to extract that DNA to create new dinosaurs. And obviously, the Jurassic Park franchise in terms of movies has remained incredibly durable and powerful for thirty some odd years because lots of people remain fascinated by dinosaurs in general, lots of little boys, although not lots of little girls too. I remember, I think you said your nephew knows everything about dinosaurs. When I was a little kid, I knew everything about dinosaurs. There is a great deal of interest still, obviously in the Jurassic universe.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there are other species that could already be brought back. I think, aren't they working on mastodons or the wooly mammoth? For sure? Maybe the mastodon, the wooly mammoth I think is basically going to happen. In the article that I read, they are going to bring back the sabertooth tiger. They are going they're going to bring back.
Speaker 2: So my question, I'm fascinated by what the reaction of this audience, too good or bad? And let me give you a question to think about this buck. I was just out in Colorado over spring break, and I bet we have a lot of people listening in Colorado right now. And I know this has turned into a major issue all over the West. They have reintroduced wolves in lots of states and communities where the wolf had basically been eradicated. And if you have a ranch, ranchers are furious about this because suddenly what I was told I was in Colorado, They're like, yeah, everybody in Boulder and Denver decided they wanted to vote to bring back wolves, and all the people who live in rural Colorado are like thanks, jerks like, we have no interest in bringing back wolves, and suddenly our livestock are getting killed and we're having to worry about something that we had eradicated. My thought is, now, these dire wolves, there are three of them that they say they have brought back, two boys and a that they named Romulus and Remus, and one girl pop Will they like in Jurassic Park, eventually find their way out and then they're suddenly circulating in the community. They say that the dire wolf basically covered all of North America back in the day ten thousand years ago. If you were out, this thing was from Canada all the way down into South America. They basically roamed free. They were wiped out about ten thousand years ago. What is your take on the idea, not only of the dire wolf, saber too, tiger wooly mammoth being bringing back extinct animals good or bad move?
Speaker 1: What's your take?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I love the book Jurassic Park, as all of you know, and so I find this a fascinating entry into the scientific annals that is going on right now. I think that, man, the truth is this the same way that you know. I've never been to I've been to Africa, but I love knowing that there's all these incredible I'm sorry, I have been to Africa. That's not true, but I've never been on safari in Africa, but that I've been to places where there are no safaris. They've been in some rough parts of Africa, but I've never I've never done safari, but I love knowing that there are lions and hippopotami and all that stuff. So I think that it's tough for us to separate out the concept of it. This is why when you brought up the ranchers. I think that's very afro po, the concept of it versus the reality of it. You know, a saber tooth tiger is fine until saber too tiger eats your grandma and then you're pretty it. This actually came up if you you remember when this I think it was Cecil the Lion was the big story and Jimmy Kim they killed him, yes, and it was like him was like crying on TV about Cecil the Lion in Africa, who on a lawful hunt was shot. Yeah. Yeah, it's like Cecil the light is crying. And look, I love animals, so I get that. And there's something that's, you know, like I love my little dog Ginger so much, and yet I'm I'm gonna lamb shops right for dinner. Like I understand some of this stuff. We get a little. It's about sentimentality over pure logic. Okay, But that all said, there was a really interesting Wall Street Journal article that I remember from that time, written by I think he was a student at Harvard or Princeton, who was like, you know what lions mean in my village? Yeah? I read the people get eaten? Yeah, like this isn't a game to us, like we actually have to control the population because they'll eat your dad, they'll eat your sister, Like, you know, this is a real thing that happens to real people, which reminds me of that movie Ghost in the Darkness, based on a true story. And I know you all know this and you can go see the stuffed carcasses of those lions and I'm in a zoo and I'm in a museum in Chicago. Wasn't Val Kilmer in that movie? That just yeah, yeah, it was a Valkilmer movie with Michael Douglas. Kind of a weird casting of Michael Douglas, but anyway, Val Kilmer was good in it. And that's based on a true story. I mean, these lie became habituated to eating people and they're like, wow, people are slow and kind of weak, like let's just eat them instead. So this is all a way to say, I think for you know, should we bring back dodo birds?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Totally, like should we bring back species that? But you know, this is where you also get into clay. I'm here in South Florida and you have the Boa constrictors and and also what do you call them? The big. They look like little dragons on ias. Yeah, yeah, and they are invasive. Well, boas are definitely an invasive species. I think iguanas are two. I don't think they're native to hear. They're basically pets that have escaped and now they're killing all the native you know, ecosystem animals off, so you have to go hunt them and deal with them. True thing. Also, you know that little brown bird that you guys all think of, the European house sparrow, probably the most common bird in the entire United States everywhere, a little kind of round squat bird. They're an invasive species from Europe and they have killed off a lot of native bird species because they will break into another bird's nest and break their eggs. They're mean, they're mean little birds. The honeybee is an invasive species. Well, but we like honeybees. This is, I guess the point, right, We like that honey People don't realize this. North America, until colonization, had no honeybees anywhere, and then they slowly spread across the entirety of the North American continent. But they were a invasive species that otherwise didn't exist here. Some of you will remember this too. There was a fear about fire ants and how they're going to keep spreading up and spreading up, and you know, they're dangerous to people if you step on one of their anhills. And there was a briefly discussed proposal that I remember reading about the only real, real natural predators for the fire ants. They were thinking, maybe we should introduce it's a South American anteater which has like six inch long claws and weighs like two hundred pounds. And then they're like, well, if we introduce that, what's its natural predatory Jaguars? So you create all these problems, the food.
Speaker 2: Chain gets dangerous. Okay, So I am in favor of this. Here is my thing as a pet, yes or no? Once they reintroduced you, no, no, no, I'm in favor of it only for keeping them in captivity. And I understand some of you are going to say, yeah, that's the whole point of Jurassic Park. But I like it also for endangered species now because in theory, it would mean there should be no animal that actually vanishes, right, you should be able to get the existing DNA of all animals that are alive on Earth today, and we should be able to create a genetic Noah's Arc of all living animals here today and be able to create them.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't want if I'm a think.
Speaker 2: About this in terms of the farmers out there and the ranchers, the idea that you would reintroduce grizzly bears or wolves that are going to attack my livestock is I think different than this.
Speaker 1: I would nothing else produce these animals, something else that that would be on the on the docket here go. Uh, I believe it's I believe it's called a short faced bear. Go look up the short faced bear and it's like a grizzly bear times three. It's a massive land predator. Uh. That they could also along with the saber it's from the same era as a saber tooth tiger. They could also bring that one back. And I think that you know, you're starting to see we definitely don't want that, right. I mean, that's that's gonna be the same way that polar polar bears hunt people. It's really the only North American land animal. Yeah, I know, grizzlies can wolf has never actually attacked healthy wolves have never attacked the human being in the history of North America is at least what you that's what they announced me. You're gonna say no, but that's what they say. Okay, that's what the official statistics are. The wolves won't attack people if they're healthy. If they're a rabid, that's different. Polar bear see you, and they're like food food, they do. There's no offens or butts, and the same thing would be true of a short faced bear. So you know some of the thing. Let me hit you with this one, buck. My boys are obsessed with the megalodon, which is just a giant shark. In theory, the dire wolf can be kept in inside of a fenced enclosure and everything else. My concern on this would be that we would start.
Speaker 2: To create big, massive animals that are in the water, and those are a lot harder to control. Have you ever been ton to, say, for instance, the Atlanta Aquarium where they have the whale sharks. You know, they've never been able to, for instance, keep I believe this is still true, a great white shark in captivity. They just they're impossible to keep inside of museums or aquariums, anything like that. My concern is that some of these that we will create will get out. And can you imagine a world where suddenly you have, instead of a great white shark, you've got the megalodon suddenly like rolling around in the ocean deep. That starts to get a little bit scarier to me. But I think it's the reality of where we are going. I think you're going to see all of these extinct animals genetically us able to bring them back. Now, one more thing, as we go to break some people are saying this is not the real animal because of the way they're doing the DNA coding, and that gets way more complicated and above my pay grade. But I have read some of those critiques as well.
Speaker 1: There's an organization we want to tell you about, plan and I are both members of it, the United States Concealed Carry Association. I conceal Carry down here in Florida. And let me tell you, friends, if you're going to do that, you know this, you have a big responsibility. And even if you are exercising that responsibility with the utmost care and lawful authority as a city, and heaven forbid, you can find yourself facing huge court fees. Okay, that's just reality. So you want to have someone to have your back. That's where USCCA comes in Handy the newest sponsor on this program, and they do something that is critical for any of you who own a firearm. Honestly download uscca's free guide. You can do that even before you become a member if you'd like. This isn't a gimmick. It's tangible, practical information about protecting yourself, your rights to defend yourself, and how to look after yourself legally if that becomes an issue. That's where USCCA can really step in to help you because otherwise, people who defend themselves in a firearms related incident, they can go bankrupt. You need to have USCCA. Go to USCCA dot com slash buck to get your free guide today from the United States Concealed Carry Association. That's USCCA dot com, slash Buck.
Speaker 3: Clay Travison, buck Sexton mic drops that never sounded so good. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Clay Travis buck Sexton Show. Appreciate everybody hanging out with us. We got a lot of you weighing in with a variety of questions and let's hit some of these Selena Zito is scheduled to join us. He's got a Washington Post op ed about the manufacturing universe right now in the Midwest. She's done a great job covering that era area for some time and the era of the Trump Midwest surge. So we'll talk about that when she reaches out to us. And she is now with us now, so we bring in Selena Zito. She has got a op ed in the Washington Post where she has been spending time with Midwestern workers. Selena, I'm curious what you're hearing from people in the Midwest, an area that used to be the manufacturing of America that has certainly dried up in many different ways. Jade Vance has been a huge part of his political career as talking about the jobs that no longer exist in the Midwest. What are you hearing from voters in the Midwest, How do you think this tariff war plays for them? And how would you assess the politics of what's going on right now?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, thanks for having me on. You know, I cover a different world, very different than you know, sort of the very online world, and where I'm at in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan. You know, the heart of the Great Lakes Midwest, in Appalachia. These people here are very happy with the tariffs. They have spent the past forty years, whether it was themselves or their parents or their grandparents, watching these communities, these churches, the tax spase in their communities being decimated, and nobody even wrote a story. I mean, I'm obvious being a little exaggerating here, but there wasn't this big overt worry about their lives right when when all their jobs were lost, when everything was taken away from them. And so they look at it two ways. They look at it as being patriotic, bringing back American manufacturing, sacrificing in their four oh one k for the betterment of the country. But they also look at it as leveling the pill of playing field. And it's not just manufacturing.
Speaker 6: Talk to a ranter, they're happy, right, Talk to a manufacturer, small businessman like Tyler Merritt down in Savannah, Georgia, the guy.
Speaker 5: Who owns nine line.
Speaker 6: He's thrilled.
Speaker 5: You know, these guys are thrilled. And these are the people that placed Donald Trump into office. It was the working class that was at the heart of this election.
Speaker 1: What'd you learn Selena specifically from and thanks for being here with us. When you went to in West mifflind Pennsylvania a steel mill and you talk to the folks at the mill, I mean, just what were your biggest takeaways both from seeing that operation. I think very few people who don't work in a steel mill have ever really been inside one, and also their sense of what would they say to people who claim, well, but we can never make steel the way they do as cheaply as they do in China, so why even try?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: So if people know and check my Twitter feed out, zdo Selena. I've put the story up for free. It's a Washington Post story. It is a very detailed, long read, and it really puts you into the heart of why people feel the way they do. This isn't just a steel mill. This is the first steel mill. This is the granddaddy of the mall. That was an eighty six year old hot rolling mill that I spent the day watching work and watching the men and women work around it. And these workers who would traditionally be born Democrats. Right in western Pa, you're usually born Catholic and Democrats. It just like goes together. They are the perfect example of how the coalitions in American politics have dramatically changed, and now that the Republican Party or the Conservative Populist Party is now the party that embraces the working man and women, and so they're very happy and they're willing to take a bite out of out of their four oh one case if it means that this will be better for the future generations. And that's the way these union guys talk. Like a lot of those union workers that you'll in the story, they're towards the end of their career, right they're in their fifties. They said, this isn't about me. This is about the guy that just started at the plant two weeks ago. Guys before me did this and took sacrifices, and my I'm to pay it forward and make sure that they are able to retire when they termed sixty Selena.
Speaker 2: One of the real challenges, and we played a cut from Trump talking about this, is investment and business management, building a factory. Those sorts of things take years. In other words, as you just laid out, it's taken a couple of generations for all of these jobs to dry up. This is not something where a light switch got flipped and things changed. What is the trajectory of changing this culture that we created where the jobs don't exist? How long does it take? And to be fair, is anything? Is this anything that one president can do or do we have to string together a lot of presidents that see this as an issue in order to reverse what's happened too.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you asked that. Last week I reported out a story there was the law the tallest coal stack smokestack in the country was blasted and fell. Its very traumatic. It is very sad for a coal fired power plant. Ten days later, because this site is shovel ready, they announced they are starting. They've already started to turn this plant into a natural gas plant to facilitate not just the electricity in Pennsylvania, Maryland and parts of New York. It's going to be the largest electric power plant in the country. It is also going to power a data center for an AI data center. There are going to be ten thousand new jobs. That's and and it is a ten billion dollar investment. And that's not even before the AI data center is built. You know, Bergmann was there. He was I was at a racking site, a racking well and he said, Look, our job right now is to build, build, build. It's more than drill drill, drill, because this is like the arms race. AI is like the arms race, and we have to win in this country. And he pointed to the fact that there are places like that coal fired power plant and Homer City all over the industrial Midwest that are ready and capable to be built. So I think that is where the new construction, the new jobs. And these aren't just working class jobs. These aren't just welders, these aren't just artisans that work with their hands. There are geologists there, chemists, engineers, men and women with degrees in AI and technology. So it is a broad reconstruction of how the American economy and how the American worker approaches the next generation.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating, Selena. You know, you're giving us this other perspective than what you'd get if you were to flip on CNBC. It's the sky is falling. And yet if you go into some of these places like you have, where people have seen what happens with the offshoring of American jobs and de industrialization of certain industries, that they're they're excited about the future. I just wonder you know what you think the hopes are and the plans are in these areas. If Trump is able to continue on this path, what does that start to look like? What towns are affected? What industries do you think can boom?
Speaker 5: Well, energy is at the top of the list, but also artificial intelligence, Right, those are the two big booms. If energy is going well, then that means farming is going well because of you know, energy and farming go really hand in hand together. And I think one of the big things as part of these tariffs is to give a boost to our American farmer and rancher. So those are industries you see right then and there, and then we can talk about our universities. Right our universities will will will have a bit of a turnaround and what they focus on. You know, maybe it's not your kids. You send your kid off for French literature, you know, maybe they go to school for things that are going to recreate these communities. The footprint is already there in places like Indiana, Pennsylvania, or West Miffland, Pennsylvania, or Claysville, Pennsylvania, and all across and not just in Pennsylvania. It's in Ohio, it's in Michigan. It's in Wisconsin. Use these places are already there, and these universe cities already have sort of the grain to begin these kinds of of new new degrees that young people can go for. But also the trades. Like you guys, I'm sure you've talked or listen to Mike grow you know, the trades are also where we are going to see a growth and jobs that create real prosperity, where people can live in the same hometown that their parents grew up in if they want to, right, and that that generational investment in a community that's worth more than money in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Selena, how optimistic are you? You know, we hear a lot of hey, everything is burning down, the world's on fire. Based on what you have seen in the reporting that you have done, how would you accept your overall optimism?
Speaker 5: I think the optimism is great. It's you know, I straddle two different, very different worlds. When I step on social media, I see a very different attitude in the world than what I see and feeling here out here in the middle of the country, and it's it's always remarkable to me. And it's sort of like when I said to President Trump in twenty sixteen when I was covering him, I said, you know, voters take you seriously, but they don't take you literally. And my profession takes everything you say literally and not so seriously. And and it's still it's that same sort of dichotomy, right It's it's it's very different in the middle of the country and in particular among young people. You know, you see all these protests out there, and they got a lot of play on social media and the national news. However, I would argue American politics is all about edition. If you go to any of these rallies, try to find someone that's changed their mind, you likely can't because they're the same people that voted for who lost last November. So they're not adding anything new. And I think that's the challenge right now for anything that is against what President Trump and the Republicans are trying to accomplish. I was four feet away from President Trump in Butler in July thirteenth of last year. In fact, I have a book coming out about it. But one thing I can tell you in the day after I talked to him, In the days after I talked to him, he had this fundamental understanding that there was a reason that he did not die that day because so many there's so many reasons why he shouldn't have survived what happened. But because of that, he will be forever changed and deeals this urgency to do something because he was given that moment to be sick.
Speaker 1: Selena, selenas you doo. Yeah, great, great work as always, Thanks for your piece to Washington Post and everything you do to cover this. And up at clayanbuck dot com. Guys, we've got her up ed linked there if you just want to go and grab it quickly we give it a read. You absolutely should. Selena, thank you so much. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 5: Oh sounds great. Thanks so much, guys.
Speaker 2: Does great work and we'll have some fun a lot of great talkbacks. Will play them for you when we come back to close out the Tuesday edition of the program. But a lot of you out there, NHL fans, NBA fans, Major League Baseball fans, Florida Gators, NCAA champions, as we have talked about during the course of the show a couple of times. But what sport do you love? The Masters coming up this weekend. I know a lot of you are golfers out there. Price Picks give you an opportunity to play along with whatever your sport is. You just pick more or less on all your fans favorite athletes and see whether or not you can have some fun and cash in. You get fifty bucks when you play five dollars. You can play in Florida, you can play in California, you can play in Texas, Georgia. If you're feeling left out, forty states, thirteen million people playing. You can get your money out in as quick as fifteen minutes. That's a big difference compared to a lot of places out there. And you can deposit with MasterCard, Visa Discover quick and easy. Download the app today. My name Clay is the code fifty dollars instantly.
Speaker 1: After you play five dollars, all you have to do is get hooked up with price Picks. Download theapp price picks dot Com. Use my name Clay for fifty bucks, have some fun. The Masters, the NHL, the NBA, injer League Baseball, whatever your sport is, whatever your team is, you can find the athletes available on the app Price picks dot Com. Code Clay.
Speaker 3: Keep up with the biggest political comeback in world history. On Team forty seven podcast, Clay and Book Highlight Trump Free plays from the week Sundays at noon Eastern. Find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.