Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Our book comes out tomorrow. So excited tomorrow, So excited, and we're gonna celebrate it. So we have an announcement. We're doing a live show next month. It's called Unwine with Us with Us obviously to celebrate the release of the Good Fight. It's gonna be October fifth, five pm Pacific, eight pm Eastern. You can get your tickets on uh it's ti xr dot com and I'll do some swipe ups on my page right now so you can get the tickets. But we're so excited. We're gonna have live It's gonna be live Q and A performances, a couple's panel, Like we're just all the tears, all the last all the drama that you just love on here on here. Oh but I'm so pumped. What are you most nervous about with the book coming out tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you and I have talked about this a lot, where you know, we've we put so much into this because it is so personal, like this this is the most personal thing we've done, even more so than this podcast, where it's like, you know, you do your films and if they don't do necessarily well or don't get good feedback, you obviously you'll take it personally or other things that we've done, but this is like the thing.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of I'm just like hearing you say that. That's kind of why I was so afraid to do music, because I'm like, with movies and auditions, I'm like whatever, Like they didn't like my character. It's not like a personal thing, but like music, it's like it's my voice. It's me, so like, I totally see what you're saying, because it's hurts more when someone's like, oh, her voice sounds like the piglet from Titanic or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, right, And that's where you know, again, we take such pride that we wrote every word in the book. So if there are critics and there are people that don't like it, this took a lot of man hours, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of sweat, tears and argument.
Speaker 1: Tears and probably blood at some point, you know. So it's it's just very personal to us. We've both taken a lot of pride in it. We have big goals with this book, big expectations because of how much work we've put into it, so you know, for me, I you know, I've voiced this a lot to you. I really want to be New York Times bestseller. I really do, and I hope all of you listening can help us achieve that.
Speaker 2: But it's a good goal.
Speaker 1: It's a good goal.
Speaker 2: It's a good goal.
Speaker 1: There's crossed all or nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's exciting, though.
Speaker 1: What are you most excited? Slashernarious about?
Speaker 2: What I'm nervous for is actually I was having a conversation with Hillary Burton, who's amazing. She's has her Rural Diaries that it just came out a few months ago, and I'd posted something on Instagram last night because I feel like when you go through like you know, on Instagram, it's just like a everything's all positive, and sometimes it's hard to live up to that when you're in a negative space or in an emotional state. And obviously last night we had a date night gone wrong. It was a fight night, not a date night, fight night, and so I ended up leaving there. I didn't say any of that on Instagram. I just basically said today sucked, like it was just one of it was just a bad day. Like I feel like, marriage wise, it was bad. Friendship wise, it was bad. You know, like we had we heard some bad news from like you know, therapists found out his cancer's back. Like it was just a bad day. It was just like a heavy day and it was just like emotional day and then you know, we didn't do things right and you know, I ended up leaving the movie theater like or after My direct quote at dinner was just please shut the fuck up and let's just just eat your food and just stop talking, because I you know, we were just you know, we probably should never even gone on the date because we were like fighting earlier that day, and but Hillary reached out to me. So I basically I put something on Instagram and I just was like, today just sucked. And I think it's okay. And I think it's good to express those moments because there's got to be someone else that is having a sucky day and so and I sometimes how I heal is like expressing it to know that I'm not alone. So which is like with this book, you know, it's like I want to know that, like we're not the only ones that went through this and to help like normalize it for other people. But my fear and what Hillary reached out to me. She on the side texted me was like, hey, are you good? Like I saw your post and I'm like, yeah, it was just a really crappy day and you know, we didn't do things right in front of kids, and we argued and it's like that was sitting really heavy with me and so which she basically and I said, you know, we've got this book coming out, and I feel like kind of like a fraud. And I'm like, how can I be saying to do this when I didn't do it right the other day and he didn't do it right the other day? And so I that's where like I'm nervous because I'm just like I feel sometimes where I'm like like a fraud in a sense. And you know, she affirmed that she's like, oh my gosh, I felt the same thing. Like right before my book come out. She's like, how am I saying like to be positive and to be happy, but yet like I'm depressed because of the pandemic in this and the anxiety. So it was just nice to like have a conversation with someone that understands the that it's not like just because we and that's what like I've realized. Like, so I was nervous because I'm like, because we don't do it perfect. But from talking to Hillary, it was just it's okay, like these are still just things that we've learned. We've never said that we're perfect at them, right for sure, But I don't know. So that's what I'm like nervous about, just because I'm sometimes I'm like, what if we fail? And I like, that's that that scares me. I'm like, I don't want to be a hypocrite. I don't want to be you know sometimes. But then again, I look at Rachel Hollis and her husband, like they have a thing together and you know, obviously they got divorced, and I'm not trying to think that, but I'm just like, I guess I'm just scared. It's like a lot of pressure because to be that vulnerable and then if we don't work, because here's this is another example, I'm kind of going down a rabbit hole. Sorry. When we were going through everything, I'm like, I need a book that I can believe in in a couple and I remember reading Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle and I was like that book was like that was the one book that got close enough that I'm like, oh my god, we can do this, We'll be okay. But then when I'm reading it, I found out that she's then with Abby Wambach and now she's a lesbian and this is her true calling and that's amazing. Like I was so happy for her, but I was so upset because I'm like, oh my god, see, Mike and I aren't going to work out, like I like lost hope, and I stopped reading it because it was there wasn't this success story that I wanted to success story, right, And so my fear is that if what if something happens and then let's say we end up being divorced, Well, where's the success for the person that reads this book? Like I don't want that same thing to happen. So I guess that's like my grand fear because I'm like, I don't want to be I want someone to have hope. Yeah, like I really want that, and like it makes me sad to think about because I'm like, I don't want to be the reason for someone to lose hope the way that like I did when I was reading Glennon's book.
Speaker 1: So sorry, no, that's I mean, that's deep, and that's real. It's it's an understandable fear, and it's there's a lot of pressure to it is pressure. We're setting an expectation. Yeah, but you know, as we say numerous times like a broken record in the book, we're not the experts. These are certain things that have worked for us. And and I can see how from the outside looking in, Like if I'm reading book, like when I read that Love and Respect book that I talked about so much, Yeah, I would probably if I met those people, I met that author, I'd probably have high expectations that he would be that way ninety nine point nine percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what if you found out that he was like a wife beater and like heays got divorced, Like you're like what, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you know, unfortunately, that's one of those things when you put yourself out there that you you you walk that line. And for us, all that we can do is we know that we wrote this book from a wholehearted, genuine place that we are we are putting forth our best efforts to do the things that we talk about in this book, and that we're not perfect, and so we can't we can't you know, foresee the future. We don't know, but we what we do know is that if we stay on the path of the things that we talk about in the book, that'll set us up for success. And looking back, if we don't say we don't work out, well, no, it's because we didn't do the things consistently that we talk about in our book. So there will be a reason. It's not like, oh, the things in our book caused us to get divorced, right, it would be No, it would be because we didn't do those things.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a you know, that's a really you know, that example is really good because that just shows that, you know, we have to keep tuning too, you know, and we're all ever growing and oh.
Speaker 1: It's consistent, constant, consistent work.
Speaker 2: But I'm excited because I just you know, again, I love like the fact that we might be able to help people and then you know, to be able to unwine with people. They're going to get all this conversation October fifth. You can get your tickets again at tixar dot com. And I'm just I'm pumped to just have open conversations and yeah, I'm just excited to do a show. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be so much fun. And today you.
Speaker 2: Guys a look at the books. The pre order of the book make Mike Streams come true about being a number one I mean yeah, or the best seller's list.
Speaker 1: Yes, please. Let's take a break and then I have a few topics I want to touch on.
Speaker 2: Awesome and so excited because Terry Bradshaw, well, Terry and Tammy are coming on. But Terry Bradshaw like Failler to launch like them, but see I know him from like acting, not from football, So so excited to talk to them too. They've got a new show coming out on E called The Bradshaw Bunch. So let's take a break and let's get to the topics and then are awesome guests.
Speaker 1: So I had two things that two topics that came to mind yesterday.
Speaker 2: I love it. Let's hear it, okay.
Speaker 1: First one, which would be a quicker topic, is I was I was getting in the car. My phone was in my pocket and I was trying to get it out, and you know, i'd like Jim shorts On. And you know, if you have like a rubber case or leather case around your phone, it's impossible to get it out of your shorts that like Jim shorts, because it like sticks something that like mother effort, Like come on, I get it. I'm like, why can't like belt loop clips for phones be a thing again? No, you know what I mean, Like bring that back right Eastern Come on.
Speaker 4: I was a big fan of those when I had a sidekick. I had a belt fan and it was like I called it my whole stare and I was a big fan of that thing.
Speaker 2: Listen, Lisa, well now it's no wiki listens to this podcast, and she to this day still sends me the photo of all of us and I had just you know, gone to California. I thought it was so cool. I had my little Nokia or whatever, the one that.
Speaker 1: Did the like the talk back thing.
Speaker 2: It was the flip thing.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the flip phone and it was the next.
Speaker 4: Like next next tell, the.
Speaker 2: Next tat chair. So I had the next tell. I thought I was so cool coming back from LA And to this day she still sends me that stupid photo with me. I had my phone clip. I had like this like kind of crop top on and I have a phone clip in my little whatever that phone on my like on on the clip. I was the only one that had it on, and to this day she still makes fun of me. No, I do not. Yeah, she keeps me like really humble.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's what todd friends are supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm like, all my the girls look so cute, and I'm like, you need to burn that photo and stop sending it so convenient. So is my bandolier thing that I have around my that I always wear now. But everyone makes fun of me because I think that I'm.
Speaker 1: Going somewhere going every time going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, I would think you're going somewhere too. If you clip that thing on you, I would drive me crazy. I mean my dad still has a clip, but I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like envious. I think I think maybe once I hit forty man, maybe forty five, then I'll start doing it again, because maybe I'll be of age to be like, ah, he's just a dad, Like whatever, we're not gonna pay him any mind.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna wear the clip on your basketball shorts on the elastic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's. I don't have an issue really with jeans. It's literally because I wear gym shorts every single day, all day, and so I'm just I just want to clip it.
Speaker 2: On there I cannot. I mean, hey, you do you though? I mean you know not people.
Speaker 1: Like fanny packs made to come back? Did they not? You even talked about getting one? I did, Yes, So what's the difference.
Speaker 2: I actually think I have one.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of fanny packs.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 4: I think they were great when you're wearing basketball shorts are perfect, exactly, world exactly.
Speaker 1: Let me let me get into the other topic that requires a little bit more discussion. What would be and that's both of you, Jan and Easton your first date deal breaker? Mmmm?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know it's kind of a it's kind of a crappy thing, but I'll let Easton go first first date deal breakers.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, do we want to be like Seinfeld level, like she eats or peas one at a time, or like is it like whatever? Because I mean I guess if she like started, like if she was like an outward racist or something like that, like something like or like I have killed before, I will kill again, or like she says something like that, that's a deal breaker. But I guess if we're getting down to the minutia. Uh I started. I went on a date with a girl when since she said, I really don't like the cheesecake factory, Like she just said that, like out of the blue.
Speaker 1: Don't you have like a cheesecake factory shirt?
Speaker 4: I have a lot of cheesecake factory merchandise, and I'm a I'm a big fan, and I'm like, this is not gonna work. I'm sorry, Like there's gotta be something remarkable to bake it through something like this. So that's mine.
Speaker 1: I love it, Jenna.
Speaker 2: I mean, so two things. The first thing, which would be the number one thing, is that if he didn't ask questions, So if it was just kind of a you know, the people that you have conversations with the you're like, oh okay, so like where are you from? And they're like I don't reciprocate a question back, Like that would be hard to have a conversation with them, Like I wouldn't want to have a second date with someone that's not interested in my life and stuff. And then also if they asked to split the check, I can't give me anxiety. I would rather pay for it. But like I guess I'm old school in that fashion, like I would because it happened. One time I went a date with the guy. We went to the that garlic thing on Los Angelele What was that called the garlic rose, Oh.
Speaker 4: The sinking stinking.
Speaker 2: And he's like, okay, so do you just want to split it? And I'm like no, no, no, no, no, I'll get it. I got it, like I got it, I got I got it.
Speaker 1: That makes me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And so I just I don't know it just you know me, like I I'd rather I hate splitting bills. I'd rather just get the bill every single time. But it would be nice for the guide to offer to pay for it if it's a date. Like I guess I'm just old school in that way, like I don't like, I don't know, that's just my thing. What about you?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think you're right in that aspect that guy should pay, especially on the first thing.
Speaker 4: I cannot imagine saying like hey, we go in touch.
Speaker 1: On this or.
Speaker 2: Even does with our friends, like you know, how uncomfortable that. I'm just like, we're getting it, Like I just I don't like splitting bills or been like okay, so you had this, and.
Speaker 1: Then I makes me so uncomfortable. That's why I would be like, look, we got this one, y'all get next?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would be yours?
Speaker 1: Beb mine? So I get what you're saying about the question thing, but something came up for me when you said that is if if I was on a date and all they did was ask questions, where I'm like, I like to to let I want to know that the conversation can flow, that questions can naturally come up and not feel like, you know, maybe they're nervous or whatever. Fine, but not feel like I'm being interrogated by questions you know me and questions No, I mean, but I just want I just want. I do know what you mean, but I want like a natural flow. But I definitely know what you mean. That just came up for me in then instant. But my biggest thing would have to be like rude, like manners and rudeness to like the weight staff or or anybody that wherever that was working wherever we went on a date. If they were rude or like bitched and complained about something, then that would, especially on a first date, that would instantly.
Speaker 2: Be like Nope, So what if they sent like a plate back and was like, like, you know, it's just she got a stake that was medium, but it was medium rare, and she's like, oh, that's like I need to send this back with that that's close to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's close to a deal breaker. If now what if.
Speaker 2: She's like it's bleeding, the steak is bleeding, And this is where it's all about.
Speaker 1: For sure. It's all about the approach to the situation. If they're able to able to have a sense of humor about it, it'd be like, damn, this steak is moving. I got like can you eat it? You know what I mean, like just have some some kind of humor.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. The girl was like, yo, the steak is like bleeding. That's how you want to say, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I don't want it to come across as like entitle me, like excuse me, this is too red for me. I can't eat this, Like this is unacceptable. Like I'll be like, all right, see you you're paying. I'm out, Like I can't handle that, that rudeness. I just I want someone that's cool, that has a sense of humor, that can laugh about a situation. No, I love that and even complain even if they complain it's in a laughable sense, at least early on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think our date last night would have been a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: I'm interested in what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh you know that's in book two.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, good fight, rematch, rematch, no remix.
Speaker 1: It was just a day. It's just it was just a day.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. No, that's a good topic though. You mean, you might be going on a new first date soon, so you might want to get up on that, get up on your manners.
Speaker 1: Some rust off. So anyways, I thought that was an interesting topic because it's been a long time since we've had first dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 1: Did I do anything on our first date that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think? There's so I think at the sushi restaurant that you did really yeah, And now I can't remember what it was, but it was something, and I remember it going like huh huh, huh did.
Speaker 6: I m hm yet?
Speaker 1: No, yes, and no, it was when we were walking through the zoo. You kept calling the lion a tiger.
Speaker 2: Well, and it was like, differentiate it's not and she's.
Speaker 1: Like tiger, tiger, tiger, And I'm like, you're so cute and pretty that's a lion. Like, I know, you're just effing with me. It's like, no, that's a tiger. I'm like, you're so funny. No it's a lie. She's like, no, really, it's a tiger. I'm like, wait, what's going on? Am I being punked? Like I didn't know what? And I realized she was serious, but it also felt like she was messing with me, So I was like, I just kind of I just kind of brushed it off.
Speaker 4: So I was like, okay, so knowledge of big cats is almost a deal breaker for you.
Speaker 2: Carol Baskin like Cheetah Prince and all like, that's a whatever kind of tiger line. All right, guys, let's take a break. And so excited to have Terry and Tammy Bradshaw on the show. So we'll be back, okay, So fill me on on because I know Terry the actor. I know Terry, and I know I know that he also played, but what team, like I don't know, like the football aspect of.
Speaker 1: It, Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: Steelers such a surprise it is. That seems like a little shock. How long did you play there?
Speaker 1: A long time? His entire career.
Speaker 2: Really, he doesn't seem like a Steeler to me and Roethlisberger hall.
Speaker 1: Of Fame quarterback. Okay, back in the seventies, like immaculate reception Franco Harris those days, super Bowl winner, multiple super Bowl win.
Speaker 2: Wins with the Steelers with the Steelers, four of them. Four did Ben take his SPoD?
Speaker 1: No, that's way after Okay, Ben came in the league in two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's so funny. I don't see him. Like if I was to pick a team for Terry, I would have picked the Broncos. Like he seems like a Bronco player to me. Tell him that he probably won't like that.
Speaker 1: I want to see his reaction.
Speaker 2: No, I mean he you know what I mean, Like, I don't know, like I think of like Steelers and it just seems a little like he's too funny for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: You know, that's funny.
Speaker 2: He's such a good actor.
Speaker 1: He's a legend. He does it all. He's been on Fox NFL Sunday for years. I mean, the career that he's had post you know, post professional football, has been amazing.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met him before?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: Are you super?
Speaker 1: I'm so excited?
Speaker 2: Like, what's like what are you gonna ask them? Do you have your questions ready?
Speaker 1: Shooting from the hit Baby? You know me.
Speaker 2: Obnest gonna be like, how is Matthew mcaaughe and Sarah Jessica Parker and failure to launch? That movie's so good. It's a great movie. I'm actually really excited for their their show too. On E The Bradshaw Bunch, it's nine pm?
Speaker 1: Is it taking place with the Kardashians slot? It starts after the Kardashians, But I know the Kardashians are coming off on't there?
Speaker 2: That was a very sad day and I'm not ready to talk about it yet because I love them.
Speaker 1: You know, they're gonna be playing their show like on repeat on E. Still it's not the.
Speaker 2: Same, but I mean, I assume that that's one of the shows taking its spot.
Speaker 1: It's like the Sex and the City of reality TV. So absolutely right. So you guys are going like, women will turn on Sex and the City. Oh, is that that's Samantha did this and blah blah blah, and you're gonna do the same thing. Oh. This is where Chloe says that the Ducks stole duck lips from her.
Speaker 2: Just saying you guys, welcome to the show, Terry and Tammy Bradshaw. Yeah, how are you guys?
Speaker 6: We're tired. Oh yeah, filming a show is tiring. Then you gotta promote. Well, who week and you go to I mean.
Speaker 5: Every afternoon, I've been going to bed at quarteral six, six o'clock.
Speaker 6: I just told her before we came out. So I got a headache already, mister positivity. No, no, I'm talking. It's NonStop.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's all part. I enjoy it, but it's get tired of you.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, not you, but but I.
Speaker 2: Mean you're surrounded by women, so I can I can imagine that's exhausting and a headache in itself. Like I mean, I'm a woman, and I can say, like, I know, I give my husband a headache, Like I know that actually, So it's like.
Speaker 6: No, not no. When the girls are here, they take care of me and fuss over.
Speaker 7: Me and.
Speaker 6: Worry about me. I enjoy that. So they're pretty, Uh they're not. They're low maintenance now now for sure. Yeah, well that's takes care of me. So it's good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love I love you, Tammy. You you you put up with a lot, and I can't wait to see exactly what you're putting up with. But before we get to the show, Mike played five years in the NFL. So I'm gonna let you ask Harry a few NFL questions because I know you're itching and you're obviously an a legend, sir, So I mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. First of all, my sweet wife, you know, she was focused more on She's like, I love Failure to Launch.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: So she wants to go talking about that. She's like, I was like, he's in the NFL, honey. She's like, I know, but what team? I was like, Steelers. She like, really, he doesn't. He doesn't look like a Steeler. I said, I said, what team do you look? He looks like He's like, I don't know, like Broncos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look like a Bronco to me, I don't know, like I would have imagined a Bronco. I was like, Okay, Steelers just seems so mean.
Speaker 3: I can top that story.
Speaker 2: Oh please wait, let's hear that first. Please stop it.
Speaker 3: I watching football. It was always a big deal on Sunday and.
Speaker 6: Esa Missouri Lady Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 8: How convenient I do not ever remember watching the Pittsburgh Steelers or Terry Bradshaw play, which is bad enough in itself. But then when we first met, we'd been dating about three months, and every time I would go to his house, I would see number twelve on the gate, number twelve.
Speaker 3: On the sponses, in the living room, their places, number twelve everywhere.
Speaker 8: So finally, after three months, I finally said, what's up number twelve?
Speaker 6: Football number? Never Well, we do have an age difference, But I since I gave the it was a circle twelve. It was the name of.
Speaker 9: My ranch for twenty eight years, and then I just, uh, I got tired of people shooting stuff that had circle twelve on it, cowboy fans and and go down with your horse trailer and park it and you get keyed in the So I took all of the circle twelve and gave it to my daughter.
Speaker 6: So now she has all the circle twelve.
Speaker 5: She's just we're just Terry Bradshaw Cordal horses there and TV is Tammy Terry. So it actually turned out it's a good It was a good smart.
Speaker 6: Move by me. But she had no clue.
Speaker 1: That's fast and where do you guys where do you guys live right now Oklahoma, Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: You can't find it.
Speaker 5: You can't google us because we're too small. We're ranchers and we're we're right on the Red.
Speaker 2: River Challenge except its.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can walk out on the back porch tonight and see the lights from downtown Ganesville, Texas.
Speaker 6: So we're just we're just one and a half miles of the crow Flive from Texas.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Is that where you guys are shooting the show as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Well we had no choice. We couldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we.
Speaker 6: Started filming February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we traveled a little bit for the first few.
Speaker 6: Weeks, traveled around here, not around the country.
Speaker 5: We went to we went to DC and then that was it, and uh, everything was just shot on the ranch.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It was pretty pretty restricted. Everybody's wearing masks. It was just not a comfortable situation. Maybe hard on the production company made it hard on E And but because of the personalities in the family and the grandkids.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen any of it other than what you see, and so it looks funny. I mean, you know what, I hope it's funny. I hope it's the funniest thing we've ever seen in a long time. Because this country right now needs some laughing.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lord knows we need it. And was that something that you guys have always kind of talked about doing or did he come to y'all and pitch you guys about the idea.
Speaker 3: No, we never.
Speaker 6: Talked about that.
Speaker 3: Now, we never planned that. It came out of the blue. They came to it.
Speaker 6: Actually. That was the executive producer of Better Late Than Never on NBC for two years, Jason Erlik came to my seventieth birthday party and saw the interaction between the three girls, Tammy and myself, and he came to me and he said, oh my god, God, they're funny. And he says, there's a show here somewhere, and I said, yeah, you know what, you're probably right, there is a show here. But you know, you don't want to be so vain as to say, well, I'm Terry Bratchaw. Of course we're gonna have to show that. Just work like that.
Speaker 5: And then so we talked over the phone, we worked up an outline for the show, and then we went and pitched it to will you get this.
Speaker 6: When we pitched it to Yeah, I don't remember. I don't remember a lot right now.
Speaker 5: But so we went, we went and pitched it to E and and we didn't hardly get out of their good that they wanted.
Speaker 6: The show wow and shot a pilot. They loved the pilot and the where you Go it.
Speaker 1: Is so terry. You've been obviously a public face for years. What can people who have always been fans of yours, like myself and other people that follow you follow you? You know, people that might not like, I'm not a big reality show watcher, but because it's you and Tammy and your family, I'm like, okay, Like I'll give it a shot. What can people expect to see that they haven't seen from you and your family?
Speaker 6: Well, they really will see behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a look, I know, I'm a loud mouth and a big personality. And when the cameras on, I love to entertain. I love to make people feel good, always have, and so they're gonna see it's predominantly ninety funny, just funny. And then we have moments we have We have moments, you just naturally have moments.
Speaker 6: We're a family. First scene is about my daughter getting her breast enlarged, us.
Speaker 5: Lurt, Rachel, Aaron, Aaron, and so you know that's just just don't go.
Speaker 6: There, but I do.
Speaker 1: That's why you're That's why we love you.
Speaker 7: And and then we have you know, we have Zuri, who was just a seat stealer and smart, cocky attitude, snappy wit.
Speaker 6: She's hilarious. And so you're gonna.
Speaker 5: See You'll see a lot of love, a lot of fatherly advice, motherly advice, and then you'll just see a lot of chaos.
Speaker 6: It's just I hope, like I said, we have not seen it. We're not watching tonight because my wife, My wife is doesn't want to watch. It was there when it happened. I don't need to watch. Well, wait, it'll be running.
Speaker 5: The kids are kids are all having parties in y ladies and why Aaron and Rachel are in Dallas and Denton, Texas and they've got big parties going on.
Speaker 6: So I don't think I've got to worry about getting a report.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's great though, because you are going to be spreading a lot of laughter and that's what people need right now. And you know, because we are a relationship based show, you know, obviously you've been married before a few times. What what have you learned in this marriage that you know? Who are you laughing at?
Speaker 5: It's just wrong, it's true, But don't say it like that.
Speaker 2: I've been married before.
Speaker 6: Well we know you've been married a few times.
Speaker 2: You know what terry I have too. I've been married twice before this dude. So I hear you, I see.
Speaker 6: You, Tammy. I'm not embarrassed by it anymore. I'm ashamed of it. I'm ashamed that Tammy says you didn't make missas I say, I made huge mistakes.
Speaker 8: You call them failures, failures, I don't. I call them stepping stones. You learn something that.
Speaker 6: Today, don't walk on the rocks that I stumbled on. I don't think you can look at anyway, you know.
Speaker 5: And thank god my kids were young enough that I could, I could love them through it, and to this day, in their thirties now, and I my greatest fear was they would do something and I'm at fault because I wasn't there as a dad to love them. And they, I mean, they know how much I love them. I show them all the time and they tell me, you know, Dad, you know you're the greatest dad.
Speaker 6: You're the greatest dead. And I'm just like, oh, thank the Lord, thank you. I just I was so worried about that, but you are.
Speaker 8: And I'm going to interrupt you because one of the things that attracted me to him as the relationship grew was.
Speaker 6: His relationship with his kids.
Speaker 8: Even though they were divorced, there was not I he was on the phone with them almost every day, and I mean they were still young. He was so connected to those girls the whole time they were growing up. It's easy for dads who were divorced, I see all the time to walk out the door, leave the wife. But then the kids get left too. They drift apart and they have enough connection. But he you never let that connection break.
Speaker 6: I tried not to, you.
Speaker 5: Know, even though you've got some bitterness between you and this and their mother, I didn't ever.
Speaker 6: Bring that up.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: And I isolated myself from her too. I just payed away. I didn't.
Speaker 5: And if there was ever a demand, well, the kids want to do this, do they really want to do that? But I was I just went along with it because it wasn't worth.
Speaker 6: It wasn't worth the war. And now my kids have.
Speaker 5: My kids have told me things that happened back then and how they appreciated the way I approached it, And I'm like, god, I finally did something right here.
Speaker 2: With you, With you and Tammy, though, what's like, y'all's win like to you as a couple, Like, what are things that you do really well together?
Speaker 6: And relation in the relationship pretty much everything?
Speaker 2: So you have it all figured out? Then that's amazing.
Speaker 5: I gotta say you something. I finally learned that your wife should really be your best friend.
Speaker 6: We do everything together.
Speaker 5: We work out together, we fished together, we golf together, we act, actually will start something. And the other one said, oh, I was just about to say that, and that that happens so much. It's just scary. But we are totally in syncs as the two of us. And the only thing.
Speaker 1: Sounds like that, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: We dated a long time.
Speaker 5: The only thing I didn't know Number one in twelve years of dating, never once said, Okay, where's this relationship going.
Speaker 6: I never never said it, are we getting married?
Speaker 5: Never brought up, not one time, which is thinking, okay, where's this?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: She just yeah, So I'm thinking, you know, and the way we got married. Was I just walked fire till we get married on Tuesday. This was Saturday, and so we get married Tuesday. We got married Tuesday, and we just kept on going with our lives. The only thing I didn't know about her, the only thing.
Speaker 6: She's liberal politically.
Speaker 5: We have so many discussions about politics, I mean a lot, and I grew up I'm a straight Republican.
Speaker 6: When I moved to.
Speaker 5: Florida, people said you came registered independent, but that's not true. I did, and so I've stayed independent, but more of a conservative. But here in the last four years, with Trump being his president, it's been some of the greatest discussions we've ever had.
Speaker 6: So I didn't notice that she was a liberal, and I believe.
Speaker 5: And because because I like to see the good of both can I can I old women, I'm leaning.
Speaker 6: It's not that big. She's happy on that. You know.
Speaker 3: I can't say I would call myself a liberal.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm less conservative than you, but I do register as a Democrat, but I'll vote for a Republican if I feel they're the best person. I'm never just stuck on one issue, but I do probably lean that way more than you.
Speaker 6: Right, you tell.
Speaker 1: Me, Tammy, let me ask you this because we have a lot of couples and women that listen to this show too, and with you waiting twelve years, you know, of dating throughout that, what were you telling yourself? Because I make up that that a lot of people in that situation and be like, hey, where's the ring? What are we doing? I know when jan and I bought a house together, we bought a house. I moved to a different state for her. She was like, okay, so we playing house and we getting married. I was like, I guess we're getting married, so I understand that. That's They're like, what were you thinking? Like, what was your thought process through that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I think one thing, it's easier when you're in our age bracket because then when you're younger one. I had a job I loved and I was happy to continue that job as long as I could. I was raising my kids already, so I didn't need to get married and have a family. And I mean I was happy and pretty self sufficient. I could provide forward and take care of myself and my kids. So not that any woman needs to get married, but all those things were outside the box. So we had a great relationship. He treated me all that time like I was the one special woman, which was what was most important to me, and I did always somewhere down inside. I always knew we would get married. But the one I knew about Terry, it would be like on our ranch here, if you walk out into the pasture where all the horses are scattered out, if you start going towards them or chasing them, they're going to run away. But if you stand still, they will always come to you. And that's exactly how I treated our relationship, and he always.
Speaker 1: Came what a fantastic message.
Speaker 6: I got voted every time I got really close. In the twelve years, I.
Speaker 5: Knew I had you know, I knew I had the woman, but I was coming off of a bad divorce and I determined that that's it for me.
Speaker 6: Jack.
Speaker 8: He did tell me in the very beginning, I don't know if I'll ever get married again. So he had said an expectations. So it's not like I was dealing with something I didn't know.
Speaker 6: And I felt. And the other reason we dated so long was she was very comfortable.
Speaker 5: As you just heard her say, she had a great job, She's making a nice, really nice living.
Speaker 6: And she's very secure.
Speaker 2: She didn't need some She's gonna say she didn't need you. She just you did.
Speaker 5: If it came and happened. That that's fulfillment. That that enhances your life, because no one can make anybody happy.
Speaker 6: That's up to you.
Speaker 5: And the minute I would say to myself this relationship I'm not, I'm.
Speaker 6: Out of it, I just I would bolt. I'd be gone three weeks, two months.
Speaker 3: You'd because why what are you saying I'd bote?
Speaker 6: Because why because.
Speaker 3: You were about to take that stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I couldn't trust myself. You know, when you've been divorced three times, you don't trust yourself. I'd done three years of counseling, and I knew I had to break a cycle of women choosing which is in your DNA and whatever.
Speaker 6: And that's a hard thing to do. I was scared.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I knew I had a great woman.
Speaker 5: I even convinced myself, well, if I'm not in love with her, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 6: I love her and she's a great woman I can deal with. You know, that's great better what I've had. Of course, I was in with her and it was just easier. Just let's get married, not get on your knee right, no ring, Let's get married. And so that's what we did. But here's the other thing. She's pretty. She's a pretty confident woman. And she said to me, and this may have held up this getting married. She said that, she said, I always get what I want.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 6: I had big hooters and a gorgeous face and a body. Yeah I could say that too.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. That sounds a lot like you, honey. You're just stand your ground. But I love that because I feel like, no matter what period of life you're in, it's like what ultimately happen is y'all's love and mutual respect for each other was all you needed. You didn't need anything else. It's just like you love each other, respect each other. The rest will take care of itself. And I feel like, no matter how old we are, what stage in life like that can prevail if we allow it to. And I mean, I'm going to shift years real quick, Terry, and talk about football for a second, because I am interested in your professional opinion when it comes to the handling of how things have happened this year with coronavirus, with you know, equality and everything social justice, social, social injustice, everything like that, Like where are you with that? Do you think Goodell's done a good job? Do you do you support the players? Kind of like where where's your heart at the commissioner.
Speaker 5: I'm as Timmy said, I tend to tend to look at both sides and take the good from both in the back from both.
Speaker 6: It's always there.
Speaker 10: The social injustice is it's prevalent, it's real, and it's being addressed by the professional athletes and as it should be, and it needs to continue to grow.
Speaker 5: All right, there's so many people out there that's that are saying this this, this will have an apex and then it'll go down.
Speaker 6: And the players get on with but they've got to keep the pressure on.
Speaker 5: If they back off, then it loses all all the greatness that they've done, all the impact that they've had, all the the movement that's moving forward and is important. But if they back off, if they get lax, then all that great effort.
Speaker 6: Goes to naught.
Speaker 5: And so that to me, you've got to you've got to believe in what you're doing and stay forward.
Speaker 6: I have to bite my tongue so many times because of what I do to make a living for.
Speaker 5: Sure, and if I say some of the things I want to say, I realize I'll hurt my family.
Speaker 6: But it's not I totally support all the.
Speaker 5: Black and brown people in the world, all the athletes, no matter what they're racing, religion, whatever, I totally support them. The thing about the kneeling for the national anthem, they still don't get it.
Speaker 6: They still think it's a protest against the anthem. They have How can they not. I mean, even my.
Speaker 5: Brother, a college educated guy, I'm never going to watch their protest the anthem.
Speaker 6: No, they're not protesting the anthem. It's during the anthem. And the greatest amount.
Speaker 5: Of of a of awareness is when Colin Kaepernick took a knee, but they all said it's during the anthem, it's not against the anthem. Now do I wish there was another way of doing it, Absolutely, but look at the impact that it's had.
Speaker 6: It's got, it's.
Speaker 5: Called Colin, it's caused Colin Kaepernick, it could be.
Speaker 6: Blackballs from the NFL. I mean, there's no other way to say it than that.
Speaker 5: So I think the social injustice a major issue. We addressed it on Fox and I have Michael and Howie and and then I talked briefly.
Speaker 6: They were all worried. It's so funny. I guess it's because I'm from the South. They're all going to be TV. You don't have to see anything in this What am I gonna say? I don't get no married to talk about no damn. But you know, some bitch tell you. I'm like, well, that's almost an insult. I got a brain, I'm not. I don't have it written down. I don't write, I don't write anything. I have an opinion, and mine was really simple.
Speaker 5: Look, until this country gets back to its moral obligation and we start loving one another and stop this hatefulness, we're not gonna get any better.
Speaker 6: And it's just gonna continue like it is.
Speaker 5: I can't believe in twenty twenty we still have this division.
Speaker 6: It's so upsetting.
Speaker 5: It's so upsetting in our politics, our races, race being color.
Speaker 6: I am still shocked that we're dealing with this stuff. It blows my mind. I mean, I told Tammy this.
Speaker 5: Morning, I'm starting to sweat. I said I should run for president. I'll run on the love. I'm just gonna go out there and I'm gonna bring everybody together and we're gonna love everybody.
Speaker 6: And if you're a mean.
Speaker 5: Nasty person and your morals suck and you're not kind to people, you know what, I'm gonna lock your ass up.
Speaker 6: I mean, we got to get back to just caring about people.
Speaker 5: I just don't understand how we had gotten to have so much hatred and we've got.
Speaker 6: Somehow another And I hope the movement does it. I hope it it straightens it out. It's gonna take a while, but they can't give up on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like what you said, like just keep going, like at least don't just do okay, a couple games of a few things and then forget about it, because then you're not doing you're not continuing on with the movement that you want, you know. And so I I.
Speaker 5: Thought I thought the commissioner handled it retrospective. It's easy to react as opposed to lead. And he's being led by thirty two powerful owners, none of which are black.
Speaker 6: Ones. What do you call the guy down A shot.
Speaker 1: Them Canaway Jacksonville here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well, you know what, though, you're going to get a lot of laughs if you watch the Bradshaw Bunch on E Thursdays. So excited nine pm. Thank you so much Terry and Tanny for coming on. You guys are a joy and I we're so excited.
Speaker 6: To watch some visit. We'll go horseback riding.
Speaker 2: My daughter, our daughter, sorry, our four year old daughter loves I do that.
Speaker 6: All the time.
Speaker 5: I do it all the time, you know, on my ranch.
Speaker 6: You know, I love where I live. We live. I don't I don't mean any harm, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I can come with you and your daughter, honey.
Speaker 2: And perfect honey. That would be great. Love you guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, we've enjoyed this.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye, guys. Oh my gosh, I love them.
Speaker 1: They are awesome.
Speaker 2: I started to sweat with that one question. I was just like trying to, like, you know, get all the questions in.
Speaker 1: No. I love it, and I just I could sit there and talk to them. They feel like a spirited bunch. And I'm definitely going to tune into their show because I want to see what it's all about. So I hope everyone gives it a shot, because especially you guys out there, there's not a guy that doesn't like Terry. So I mean, it's you know, we got to tune in and give it a shot because I think it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Goho Steelers, you guys, this is a fun show. I think we can't get any better than Terry. So love you guys, and please go out and get our book, The Good Fight, And don't forget to get tickets for Unwine, our live event that we're doing fifth Get your tickets at t I x R dot com. Love you guys so much, and we'll wind down next week
Speaker 1: Hmm.