Speaker 1: This is the Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: All Right, everybody, thank you for tuning into the Almost Famous OG Podcast. We've got another great episode for you today. We've got Jonathan Ron. He was I feel like he was a bit of a heart throb on Jones season and just so kind and authentic and genuine and I'm really really excited to talk to him today.
Speaker 1: By gee, how you doing, Jonathan?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I should I should say, I should say how you doing the rock? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait wait, Before we get to that, we want to officially welcome you to the Almost Famous OG Podcast.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here, Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks thanks for having me. I mean, this is I've been really really looking forward to it. It really makes me feel special to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: So thank you absolutely.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: We're very happy to have you here.
Speaker 5: You know, I spent I've spent a lot of time with your Golden Partners in some different spots, and I was I've heard nothing but great things about you, so I was very excited to actually get to finally meet you today. And and as I mentioned, h I got a text this morning from Umberto and from Courtney Robertson who she has you on her podcast and she's like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I love that guy. Umberto's favorite from the show. Her husband and I love Romberto. So we love having you on. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 5: You know, of course, Trista Sutterer is the the queen of the Bachelorettes.
Speaker 3: I know, you know, Trista. I'm just I'm just like blown away because to be to be here with you the first, you know, the first ever bachelorette, I mean that's like, I mean, that's groundbreaking history.
Speaker 4: So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel special to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, you are special.
Speaker 4: We are feeling special that you're here with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you so well.
Speaker 2: I was a huge fan during the show, and I wanted to talk to everybody, you know from Golden but definitely was a huge fan of yours. I felt like you really were honest, You put everything out there. It seemed like you were there for the right reasons. Of course, things didn't work out with Joan, and then you ended up being in a relationship that you you know, shared with public or shared about publicly. We hear that that relationship is no longer and you're single again. Is that true for all the ladies out there.
Speaker 3: I guess as sad as it may be, But yes, I am single.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, okay, ladies, he's single again.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 4: And where are you located right now? Where's your home base?
Speaker 3: I am in Oakland, Iowa?
Speaker 4: Okay, Iowa? All right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So a lot of people think when I say Oakland that they're thinking Oakland, California. And so that's a pretty important detail.
Speaker 1: That is important, that is very important.
Speaker 5: Where is Oakland, Iowa compared to like Des Moines or Iowa City?
Speaker 1: Is it nearby?
Speaker 3: Let's see, des Moines is probably about an hour and thirty hour forty five minutes away from where I am. Okay, and I commute back and forth to Omaha, Nebraska, which is about a forty minute commute west of where I'm at.
Speaker 2: So, okay, got it? Okay, amazing? Okay, So you're single again? Are you looking for another relationship? And if you're looking for another relationship, would you look forward on national television as the Golden Bachelor?
Speaker 3: I like how you set that up? Yeh, gosh, you know what I mean? You know, as the saying goes, you know, love is love is not for the faint and heart, you know. So, but you know what I think, you know that you know, through this whole journey that I've been through, the ups and the downs, and where I'm at right now, it's like, you know, I don't want to say that I'm out like like searching, like looking. You know, I I look at as as something that will organically happen, happens when it happens. And so there's a lot that I've taken in, a lot that I've processed, a lot that I've learned about myself, and I'm at a pretty good spot right now. And so organically, if something happens, whether that's a call from you know, National TV and saying, hey, you know, what would you like to be the Golden Bachelor, I mean, that would be an organic thing for me to like say, well, you know, I didn't expect that I would get that call, but if if that happened, or if I met someone on the street, if I or something like that, my heart is open. And you know, I, you know, I always I always lead with a certain sense of not a certain sense, but I leave with author authenticity. And so you know, just however.
Speaker 1: It rolls, it rolls, well, I'll say this, Jonathan.
Speaker 5: You know you're you're on with the Original Bachelorette, and I was actually on her season.
Speaker 1: I was, I was, I was not a finalist. Well, I guess I was a finalist.
Speaker 5: Ish trusted what happened, and then they might be a bachelor eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the right, the right thing happened, trust me. And then eventually I found love too.
Speaker 5: So guess what, maybe this is foreshadowing, right, you were on the original Golden Bachelorette. I don't know, buddy, I'm just saying it could happen. Crazier things have happened.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact that I was even on the Golden Bachelorette is a crazy thing that happened. I mean that was just something that just happened out of the blue, and yeah, totally least expected. And so I just looked at as ah it was. It was a blessing, and so you know what, I'm just taking it one day at a time.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's a way, that's the best way to go, right, And.
Speaker 3: Let me just take this opportunity to say to both of you, I'm happy that you have found love and that is enduring and then its lasting and you both look very happy. You have that love glow, and so I'm happy to see that for both of.
Speaker 1: You so much.
Speaker 4: That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so recently you were out and about and you got recognized, but as someone else. Can you tell that story that you shared about on social media?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, so that was so that was that was actually in New York, okay, and just walking around and and this lady just happened to kind of give my attention and she was like, hey, are you Are you the rock? Sexy? So I was like, I was like, uh so here's the aggressive New York woman. And I'm like, you know what I mean, if I could pretend to be the Rock and the Rock for a moment and to see what it would be like to feel that kind of fan adoration is like, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna milk this baby as much as I can. And so, uh, it was. It was a great moment. I mean, she was just I mean, she really thought that I was the Rock and I just went with it, and you know, I just you know, we just had a really really nice moment. It was fun and it made me feel special and I'm pretty sure she felt special.
Speaker 1: Too, so that I love that. I love that, and I'm sure the rock would like it too, you know, because.
Speaker 5: You're kind of person so the rock would be like, oh that's good man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And you know what is that's not That's not the first time I've heard that. So there have been a couple of occasions. Yeah, there have been a couple occasions. If I'm walking into like I think there was like a retail mall area location a couple of years ago, and to add some glasses on and get out of the car and someone just pointed their finger at me, like, oh my god, I think that's the rock you know. So uh so, I so I've heard it before, but so yeah, it's been pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny when that happens because you're like, you know, do I tell him? I mean, I was actually just just to share a personal story. So I was walking up to the Kentucky Derby one year with a buddy of mine who is also really good friends with Matt Liinert.
Speaker 1: And his name's Nick lache right, so everyone knows who Nickolachai.
Speaker 5: So we're walking up and we're talking and all of a sudden I get pulled aside by ESPN and they start talking to me, and you know, and I always do a bunch of interviews.
Speaker 1: At Derby, so that didn't seem unusual to me.
Speaker 5: And midway through the interview the questions they're asking me, I'm like, wait, do you guys think I'm Matt Liner right now? And they go and I'm like, yeah, I'm Matt's friend. I'm Bob from the Bachelor, And literally the girls that were standing there go, we told you. Apparently the guy was like, no, that's Matt Leiner. And so recently gets asked, you know, do you ever have any celebrity doppelgangers?
Speaker 1: And he's like, that's my boy, Bob Guiney.
Speaker 5: As he's getting asked for going on you know, the Saturday Bard and Sports show. So I thought it was pretty funny. And that's that's happened to me a lot. I mean, you know that one, that one, and then Will Ferrell I've gotten a bunch back in the day.
Speaker 4: Too, Will Fair we were both much younger.
Speaker 1: We were both much younger. Yeah, how about you, Trista, you ever get you ever get mistaken for anybody? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I used to get mistaken for Elizabeth Hurley.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, Okay, I know.
Speaker 4: I think just the shape of our face, I really don't. I don't know. And then Jenny Garth.
Speaker 1: I could see Jenny Garth for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nicole Kidman Coley, which is like in a certain like if my hair's done a certain way where you can't tell that it's not like her.
Speaker 3: Color, you know, yeah, it might be your it might be your profile. I think something like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then oh gosh, there's another one. Oh what was I can't I will not be able to remember her name. But yeah, I mean I've gotten quite a few Ryan has gotten and I actually think this is pretty spot on.
Speaker 4: Is Dennis Quaid?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I can see that. I could see a young a young obviously much younger, you know, much younger.
Speaker 4: Dennis Quid, But yes, yes, much younger.
Speaker 1: You know I've gotten.
Speaker 5: I've gotten Ryan Reynolds before he had ABS, I got Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: He's got as I would never be mistaken for him. But yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 3: When I was, when I was, when I was much younger, I got mistaken for or people would say I would resemble young Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 1: So oh wow, I could see that too.
Speaker 4: They totally see that. Oh can you do any impressions by talking.
Speaker 3: About Fraser, Joe Frase of this Jr. Phrase of that. Come on, Joe Fraser, I got something here for you.
Speaker 1: That is so good. That's so it is so good.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Jonathan Rone, you are a man of many talents, Sir.
Speaker 1: I like this. I like this, see this guy on this.
Speaker 5: Guy on the Golden Bach like he would he would crush it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you you.
Speaker 4: Would crush it. Bob. What about you? Can you do impression? I can't, so don't even ask me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Although although the kind of the comedy is the whole Will Ferrell thing, which I thought was really funny was I was working a red carpet many years ago for some movie premiere that he was doing, and I at that time I loved being the guy interviewing people on the red carpet, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like they I'd have to walk it still.
Speaker 5: But then I get like TV guy channel or someone to hire me to actually let me do the interviewing. And Will was walking through the thing and I was like, Okay, I'm just gonna I'm gonna put it to him today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna basically ask him, you know, like, do you do you ever get confused for me? You know? And I thought it'd be so funny.
Speaker 5: And as he walks up, he takes the steam away from me because he goes, well, well, well if it isn't my old buddy, bachelor bobb, he goes, listen to me, buddy, I need to hire you because my wife and I are not getting along right now, and I think if you spend a couple of days at my house, she won't even know I'm out of time or something.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm like, it took my whole thing. That's how I's gonna talk to you about.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: He is so good, so good, and he was so anny. I mean it was so good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: So I don't have any impressions, but I got that story at least.
Speaker 2: So that's okay, that's okay, okay. So obviously we all got to know you. I'm saying, we all, like the general population, got to know you, Jonathan on the Golden How was the experienced overall for you? And are there any regrets that you have from the show.
Speaker 3: Gosh, well, let me just first say there are no regrets. I mean, this definitely has definitely been a blessing for me. It's a surreal experience for me. I think you had mentioned at one point I you had mentioned something about kind of like a fairy tale kind of experience. To me, it was like when everything started happening at the very beginning, it was for me, it was almost like a taking a magic carpet ride. You know, you could see those you see those in Disney movies, and you know, just getting on a magic carpet it has just taking you away. That's kind of how I felt. It was like it was just surreal, and from one conversation to another, and you know, getting things ready, getting things packed, and getting closer to the time that I was leaving Omaha to fly out to La I'm just I was just sitting. It was almost like an outer body experience, like is this really really happening? And after watching so many shows previous seasons of the Bachelor or a Bachelorette, I kind of had an expectation of what the journey might be like. And I think that I was think that I was one of those guys is going to be competing or or trying to, you know, be one of the suitors for for one woman's heart made me feel really really good. And you know, and to think that I was being seen, that I was selected, that through all the processes and interviews, that in the the gap in between of thinking like, you know, they're not gonna pick me and blah blah blah to the time that they actually said, you know, would you like to be on the show. It was a whirlwind experience and so uh, nothing, no regrets. I just enjoyed every moment that I that I could. You know, I lived each day, one day at a time, one moment at a time, as much as I possibly can, minute by minute, hour by hour, you know, and try to be as as present as I possibly can. And and so that's that's how I that's how I experienced the journey, was just trying to be as present as I possibly could. And and it was wonderful experience for me.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: And I think you did that.
Speaker 2: It seems like you really embraced it and we're grateful for it, you know. And those are the kind of people that I'm really drawn to, are people who, yeah, same, you know, just have that grateful heart for what's going on and don't feel entitled, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's a certain degree of humility that I think when I recognize in someone who's come off of our show, you know that it makes me really drawn to them as well.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Trista.
Speaker 5: It's like some people go on there and think that, you know, they're ben affleck when they come off, and that just really drives me bananas. But the people that go on there and are like, oh my god, this is just amazing. I love the whole experience. I had a great time. Like for me, I mean, you know, I think of Trista's season like it was yesterday and it was twenty some years ago.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I still have lifelong friendships obviously with Trista and Ryan, but also with some of the guys that I went through the experience with who I then brought along with me on The Bachelor. You know, did you have that, Jonathan? Did you make some great friendships with guys on the show as well? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think I think with each of the guys, I you know, I have a friendship with each of them in our own kind of unique way. But there have been a there have been a few guys that, you know, I've been in touch with more on a kind of regular basis, you know, whether that's either you know, through a text message or even through the group chat that we've kind of developed. But you know what I I mean, Mark and I have been you know, we've exchanged conversations here and there, and you know, Mark, there was something about Mark that my connection with Mark was there was there was something there. I think it was almost like a kindred spirit that I felt with him. The fact that we were in the same room, the fact that we were on the top top bunks, you know, the fact that he laid you know, he he saw something to surprise me with those posted notes in my coffee cup one morning cut you know, and so uh so yeah, so so Mark has been there, talked with Pascal. Gary is a is a big influencer, and you know, and I just love Gary's laugh. I miss Gary's laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah about Gary earlier? How much we love that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Well that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like this was probably like a rumor or something that I heard that Pascal might be Golden Bachelor next.
Speaker 4: If it's not you, who would you want it to be?
Speaker 3: Gosh, if it's not me. You know, Pascal would be good at Pascal would be good in the role, you know, because you know, he's he's got you know, he's he's Pascal. He's got that yeah, that kind that kind of playboy kind of like you know, Aurrah. He's got the confidence, he's got the money, he's got the you know, and you know it's and it's like, you know what, if he's looking for love, he's not looking for anything that's going to be you know, superficial. And so I think if he's in that position, he you know, outside of all the exterior things that people associate with Pascal, you know, there's a sensitive heart inside of him. And I think that if he found found the right connection on that journey, I think that would be really good for him. And I thought about this too. It's like, you know what, not think not thinking that well if if I'm not the next good but but just speaking of my man Gary, I think if Gary was in that that that position, because he's so full of life that and he's so deep and spiritual, and I think if there is a woman that's on that journey that's looking for not just love, but they're looking for a really good spiritual connection. You know. I think Gary would be in that that position too, you know, to uh to find that right woman that he would connect with.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, that's great. Yeah, I love Gary too. I was thinking, you know, Gary would be really fantastic in that role. I haven't met Pascal Pasqual yet, but but I remember him from the show and thought, you know, you know, he is very charismatic and you know so, but so many of you guys on the show where.
Speaker 3: Well, Bob, I'm sorry. One thing, one thing I will have to tell you though. If you do talk to Pascal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you better not. You better not say his name wrong.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like the name like Bob. I mean, I got it easy, right. You can't mess min You mess mine up.
Speaker 5: You're looking for a fight, right, So I think, yeah, okay, I'll forget.
Speaker 2: So before you got on, Jonathan, Bob and I were talking about paradise. If they had a golden paradise, would you go on Paradise?
Speaker 3: I thought about that and I think, you know, I I would probably pass on the Golden Paradise, you know, I mean, you know, other than like you know, being on an exotic beach or wherever. That might be. I mean, that would be great, but it's like you know, when I when I started the journey for the Golden Bachelorette, you know, I had one I had one purpose in mind. It was to see if I have found love with one woman, if that was a connection. And I think the Golden Paradise is kind of an extension of like, well, you didn't fall in love, and so let's kind of like, you know, have have a party and hang out and have this big reunion. And for me, I think there would be something there that I think that I would the authentic authenticity that I would have. I don't think that I would be as present there in that situation.
Speaker 5: So good self evaluation, I think. You know, I really don't yah, because I don't think I would have done it. You know, I don't if I if I wouldn't have been the bachelor.
Speaker 2: Guy, you would have no Jonathan. I don't know about Bob, but he was known as the kissing band.
Speaker 1: Trista. Here's why I wouldn't do it. There's a level of gamesmanship that goes on there that scares me.
Speaker 5: Like when they called when they called me to do what was the one that Jake Pavelka came back and did go. It was before Bachelian Paradise. It was bach besher Pad and they called me and they were like I was single and they called me and they're like, you know, we uh, we'd love to have someone who was actually a lead be in the mansion.
Speaker 1: And I I thought they meant to host it.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I go, okay, well, you know at the time, I forget I was hosting something, and I go, well, you know, I guess we could work that out or whatever. And then they're like, oh, no, no, no, Chris is going to host it.
Speaker 1: We want you to be on it.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, like, like in it, like yeah, I'm like hell no, and they're like, wait, yeah, I go, there's no way.
Speaker 1: I go, there's actually no I would do that, and they're like why.
Speaker 5: I'm like, because this is not The Bachelor, this is Survivor meets the Bachelor. And I go and I will think everyone's my friend and they'll be stabbing me in the back and it'll break my heart.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I just can't do it, so truly, I think I I when they asked me that, I was like absolutely not, and and I would have done the same thing had they asked me for Bachelor in Paradise because I still feel like there's still that level of some cunning, you know, gamesmanship, and I just I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't function that way, you know, like I would.
Speaker 5: I would get played by everybody, and I would just trust everyone too much.
Speaker 1: So that's why you're right now. It was when I was you know, yes, I was the kissing.
Speaker 5: I own that one, but I don't think I could handle, you know, the gamesmanship element of it.
Speaker 1: I would just cast it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well we'll see, Jonathan, we were saying, I was, I was saying that I don't think they will do a Golden Bachelor in Paradise yet because there's not enough seasons to draw cast from.
Speaker 4: So I think we've.
Speaker 2: Got some time, so I don't think it's coming tomorrow. But but yeah, no, I love your answer. I love that you could say no. You know, I think it's so important after the show. There's so many opportunities for people on this show, and I think it's really important to evaluate what you're really wanting to get out of life and experiences after the show, and if it's not for you then say no, don't just always be the yes person, like actually really think about it, because it could change your life and not the best way, you know sometimes.
Speaker 1: So right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, And I think too, is you know that the word authentic or inauthentic? I think you know, for me, the journey with the Golden Bacheloread was as authentic as I could possibly be. And I think that if the viewers or the fans got that perception of me, of my authenticity, I think that by me making the choice to do the Golden Bachelor of Golden Bachelor in Paradise would probably they would probably go take a second look as like, well, maybe he's not as authentic as we thought that he was, because I because I think that I would. Yeah, like I said earlier, I don't think that I would be as authentic in trying to find one love.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I get that. Okay, we've got a wrap.
Speaker 2: But Jonathan, it has been such a pleasure and an honor to have you on the almost famous o G podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much? And where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Where can people find me? Yeah? See, well if people can't don't want to come to Oakland, isle of it to hang out.
Speaker 1: They want to come to Oha, right, I love it.
Speaker 3: Right right right? Yeah, other than Oakland, Iowa. You can find me on my Instagram Jonathan dot m dot Rohan because well too, and so those are there's open and so yeah, that's where you can find me.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, buddy. We appreciate it's a pleasure meeting you.
Speaker 3: And oh you know what I've got to say this this is yes, I have a picture of my mother that's the right right in front of me, and and so this this would this will be perfect. Okay. So so Tristy, you have to ask me again. So Jonathan, where can people find you? This is something that my mother probably would have told me.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, Jonathan, So where can people find you?
Speaker 3: People can find me in my skin?
Speaker 1: Oh you go. That was so funny.
Speaker 3: Whenever whenever I would whenever my I would ask my mom where somebody was, she goes, oh, well he's in his skin.
Speaker 5: There we go, like, have a great day, all right, guys.
Speaker 1: Take