Speaker 1: Wait a second, who's calling me? They didn't text first. It's one more thing, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: One more thing.
Speaker 1: So we've got a list out from some organization on things that cause anxiety and people in the modern world. We'll get to that coming up in just a little bit. Before that, we had a couple of funny things happened during the show today we thought might be worth repeating. And then one maybe you haven't heard unless you've been a really long time listener to the Armstrong Ingetty Show. First, Michael's story of his mom ordering at In and Out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, In and Out has a secret menu. First of all, In and Out is a popular burger chain. I'm assuming most people have been there.
Speaker 1: I don't like the fact that their menu is incredibly basic. When you walk in or you go to the drive through, it's just cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, fries, milkshake. That's about it. I mean, there is not much more.
Speaker 3: Well, I found out there's a secret menu that spices things up, and apparently you can get your fries where they take the sauce from the burgers and they'll put it over the fry. So, yeah, you have sauce and fries together.
Speaker 1: That's what my son likes, and that's animal style. And that's the key here.
Speaker 3: Instead of animal style, my mom ordered that she for the first time, and she called it doggie style.
Speaker 1: I like my doggie style.
Speaker 3: And you have to know that my mom is very sweet. And yeah, I would never say anything like that on purpose.
Speaker 4: He's not to discuss sex positions with fast Foot.
Speaker 1: Now, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Yes, man, this isn't in and out yes, hello?
Speaker 4: Or is she just a huge Snoop dogg fan. That was debut.
Speaker 3: You could hear the kid laughing in the back of my God, I would have died.
Speaker 1: I would have to say, hey, this lady just said she wants her fries doggies style.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that story was on repeat for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's telling it today. Yeah, i'd probably ware meeting strangers on.
Speaker 1: A bus he tells him that story. Oh my god, that's good. And what's funny is that it's genetic obviously, because Michael has this story that he told us many, many years ago. Yeah, this is Katie.
Speaker 3: This is a long time ago to so you know, but I was about twenty three years old, maybe maybe a little older twenty five. Okay, I was at a bank and I was getting my before direct deposits, so i'd have to take it in and get it cashed. And so there's a beautiful woman at the as a bank teller, and she's got large breast, and she's bending down to the you know, get the dollar bills out of the out of the drawer, and you could pretty much see just about everything, if you know what I'm saying, and well.
Speaker 5: Everything but the nip.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Abn, that's funny, Katie.
Speaker 3: So she's leaning over and she looks up and smiles. She goes, would you like big bills for your check? And I said, yes, big boobs would be fine.
Speaker 5: Oh Michael, she set you up for that.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't be coming on. I would not have said fine.
Speaker 3: And I was just horrified. And she handed me that money and I just walked out. I didn't even know if it was a correct amount. I got to my car. I said, you know, thank god, it's the right amount.
Speaker 1: Horrified too. So this is a good question for you as a lady. How aware are you as a woman when you're bent over and your shirt is hanging down to her like a fight glance, or I got to look away really hard, or I'm staring right at your breasts. You know what's happening.
Speaker 5: Without a doubt, and you know, you know when your shirt is providing just a little bit of a peek, you're very super aware. Yeah, yep, that's happened to me yesterday at the gym.
Speaker 1: But but you weren't doing it on purpose. It just happened.
Speaker 5: No, we we were We've been talking about planking. We were planking, and I wasn't paying attention. I looked at I was like, WHOA given a show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it happens.
Speaker 4: Well, what are you gonna do? Or a turtleneck? You know, when you're planking, that's hard, hard to prevent.
Speaker 1: The keepers agree with the Taliban, you got to keep these things covered up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was it was just you know, that's an example of how aware you know. I'm at the gym. I know nobody's looking at me in that exactly.
Speaker 1: But you know, as a guy, that's one of the great I'm gonna say, unfair, but uncomfortable, unfair something things that go on in society. Women who you know, like dress provocatively or that situation there knowingly, and then you're like a pervo if you if you get caught looking in that direction. I always look away because I don't want to get caught looking that way at that direction. But they go, oh, Cable'll get over there. But then you're well, then why are you doing that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's the only reason to dress that way is to get the looks. That's the whole one.
Speaker 1: You only want to looks from some people. Is that the deal?
Speaker 5: Uh? No, no, because every woman wants to feel hot at all times when they're dressed like that, and it's and you know, it's there's a fine line to cross, but it is flattering when you know that guys are looking at you.
Speaker 4: That's why I go into a meeting. I'll just say, hey, nice tits, just to clear the air because then we can do business.
Speaker 5: Well, you're so clear that you have it on a shirt, it's just as nice rack.
Speaker 4: Well that's that was a business that sold racks.
Speaker 3: Now see in my case, she was literally talking to me like in that position.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but she knew what shirt she put on that morning, Michael. Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She was using her womanly whiles to seduce you, but you're too innocent and pure of heart and didn't take the baint.
Speaker 1: Big boobs will be fine. That's a good again, it's genetic.
Speaker 5: I love that Michael glitched out over over some cleavage.
Speaker 1: Right dang? Okay, So this is a list of the ten smallest things that cause stress. Man, A very very long list, and this was your top ten small things that cause you stress. I guess I'll work from the bottom to the I'll start at the top bottom.
Speaker 5: Dress me out.
Speaker 1: Phone notifications going off during a meeting fifteen percent. Yeah, that rarely happens with me. I'm pretty disciplined about making sure my phone's off, but that stresses me out. I don't want to be interrupts meeting. Guy, Sure all people do.
Speaker 4: Does this happen everybody? I have a number of people who will say, hey, I'm sorry to text you so early or so late or whatever I was telling them. I have do not disturb on or sleep mode? Doesn't everybody?
Speaker 1: I don't I have. I don't even know how to turn that on. Oh my god, you're killing if I've never used it in my life, when would I use it.
Speaker 4: All the time every day when you're sleeping?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I have certainly sleep through the ding, so it doesn't matter to man. Oh wow, and I sleep alone, which is sad but makes it easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wild. Yeah, I'm constantly changing the status to you know, stay focused, and because I I don't want my phone to you know.
Speaker 1: What it is, he's me around by the nose, you know what it is. I'm not trying to come off as extra pathetic, but I get very few texts per day.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't have much of a social network, so I really get very very few texts, might get three texts a day. Mmmm, So makes it less likely that it's going to be disturbing. I mean that pretty much explains why I don't even know how to turn that on. Do not disturb.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have do not disturb, but I have certain contacts that can still get through it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Jack, you might be fascinated to hear this. If you have do not disturb on and somebody on your favorites list, which would be you know, all my kids and Judy. Obviously, if they call you twice, it busts through. It realizes Okay, this is an emergency, so you just call your hang out up. You call again, and your phone rings and you can wake somebody up or whatever.
Speaker 1: Interesting text message alerts in general cause people anxiety. Usually it's like a shot of kind of excitement, excitement anxiety. Maybe that's where you gotta start define anxiety. And I have trouble with that a little bit myself, since I got a one kid that deals with anxiety and takes medication.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's but that's that's an all purpose term that's used in a bunch of different ways. That's I knew going into this that this would come up. I mean, there's anxiety, and it's generally used sense nervousness. Then there's anxiety disorders and anxiety attacks.
Speaker 1: I usually think think of anxiety as a negative though it's an unpleasant feeling, whereas excitement isn't a positive, right, Anxiety is like dread. I don't have anxiety for whatever reason. It might be my lack I should care more and I don't care enough, so that lowered that. That's like my older son who's just so far down the Spacoli road on that just like you know, you know what, if you don't care, it's really easy. That's what he says about practically.
Speaker 4: Everything the Woody Harrelson effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is not anxious. He's the least anxious person around.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, as you're born with it. My first two kids came a year apart. One utterly fearless, plunge down slides, swinging on bars that were so high that he gave me a heart attack. The kid number two very cautious, always very cautious from day.
Speaker 1: One, and just on the positivity happiness gene. This is going to sidetrack us. But I was talking to our most recent sitter who's leaving. Got our first job out of college. She's twenty two. She's driving to Colorado starting a new job. Very very cool. I'm very excited for her. Graduated with a very fancy degree. She grew up in foster homes her whole life. Oh wow, many of them horrific. She spent some times went in between foster homes where she was just alone in like the big giant holding pen for foster kids. She was eleven years old. She was in by herself in one of these places with all kinds of abusive kids, just on her own until a family came up on the list. I mean, just an amazing story. Walks around with a smile on her face all the time. She's one of those perma smile people, just has a positive attitude. And I said, that's interesting because she's telling me more about it yesterday. Is helping her take stuff to the dumb She said, yeah, I don't know what are you gonna do about it? But you know, you're just you know, I'm not plenty of other people who had pretty good lives who were grimacing all the time. So how much of that is genetic and how much of that is choice? They need to figure that out. I would like to know how much myself I can control, or so they can tell me there's nothing you can do about that. You're like eighty percent grimace. So he's just there's nothing, there's nothing, there's no change in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always believed that that sort of inborn thing you can maybe and this is just a spitball number, but you can maybe change it twenty percent. You can remind yourself constantly, you know, gratitude or remember your blessings, that sort of thing. I often joke that I came out of the womb annoyed. You can alter that sum, but you're not gonna change your makeup, your emotional makeup.
Speaker 1: She did. I did say, it's goin to bother you sometimes when like people have had, you know, much easier lives than you complain. She said, oh yeah, yeah, it makes me crazy when somebody's you know, their parents won't get them the newest iPhone. When she had foster parents who wouldn't feed her as punishment for not doing the laundry, write or something, Good Lord, she had one foster parent group take her in. She actually asked the woman because she thought this woman was a nice person. She knew her somehow. I forget it was like a teacher or neighbor or something, but she knew this woman and ask, you know, they're going to send me out to the foster home. Would you be willing to take me in? And that a woman said yeah, And she thought it was so great. Bake basically took her in as a slave to work and wouldn't feed her if she didn't do all the work that was expected to be done. Good Lord, and that unbelievable, Wow awful. Yeah, this girl turned out fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's that's a wonderful story.
Speaker 1: I know I thought about having her on the air. I mean, every one of her stories was so compelling.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I talked to her about how we were well aware of the statistics, and she started rattling off the statistics of foster kids and the likelihood you end up in prison or pregnant blah blah blah blah blah. Can I get back to anxiety at thisappoint or Yeah, we want to.
Speaker 4: Talk to her about that. You know, that's been a cause we've both supported for a long time. I'd love to get to double down on that, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, she's sunshiny and has kind of an internal optimism that's that's amazing and not anxious.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now we've worked our ways up to our way up to twenty one percent. My alarm clock, alarm, that makes you anxious? Okay, yeah it does, Katie.
Speaker 5: Uh the night before Yeah, honestly, yeah, I'll go I probably checked my phone like three times a night.
Speaker 1: Before I go to That's the OCD thing, right, N I don't.
Speaker 5: I think it's just because I've forgotten to set it before and then all, you know, all hell breaks loose.
Speaker 1: So uh, someone near me, heavy breathing, Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that drives me nuts.
Speaker 4: Oh that doesn't surprise me a bit, knowing you as I do that you've got a bit of the missophonia.
Speaker 5: Oh big time. Oh my god, my poor husband Drew on his birthday. I was driving him to dinner and he had he had those nose whistles, you know, when somebody's like God, I was doing everything in my power, like, you know, just pick pick your battles. He can't control this, not out of you deal. And finally I just just went, are you whistling a tune with your nozzle?
Speaker 4: Stops whistling through your nose or I will murder you.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Nose whistle? Yeah?
Speaker 4: God, you are so my daughter's sister from another mother? That is?
Speaker 1: That is a good one.
Speaker 4: Alternate Papa, any.
Speaker 1: Phone calls when I'm not expecting, when a third of people get anxious for that, I don't. But maybe it's because I grew up before you ever knew who was calling you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to tell you. I have one friend in particular, who is I will call you if I have a question guy, And he's an older guy than me. And the first few times it was weird, like, why didn't you just text me what's going on here? But now I'm back to old school Joe. I'm like, oh, look it is, and I pick up the phone then talk to him, which is interesting, as you've often pointed out Jack kids who've never lived that life at all. They can't get back to being comfortable with something they've never been comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean I think we text too much, no call enough. But if you just have like a one word answer sort of question for me, please text.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm so calling you with one word and.
Speaker 1: What time am I supposed to be there? Seven o'clock is a text, not a call. Maybe if you weren't so hostile, you get more texts. Perhaps Listening to someone chew loudly, it's a different than breathe loudly forty percent per chewing will make me uh, I will pluck your eyes out and feed them to you. I can't handle people chewing, and.
Speaker 5: Then I'll get mad at you for loudly chewing on your eyeballs.
Speaker 4: I leave you're going to feed me eyeballs. They sound chewing to me.
Speaker 1: I realize it's my problem, not yours. I leave the room. If somebody's chewing loudly, and I've been asked before, where'd you go? I I just had to leave because I can't listen to your chew. Not your fault, it just it makes me insane. When the Wi fi is lagging or cuts out, that kind of makes me. I don't know why that bothers me trying to watch a video or something. It just keeps locking up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I didn't depend on it for work, I think I would probably just grab a book or go play golf or something.
Speaker 1: Grab a book. Aren't you a saint?
Speaker 4: Wow? Okay, says your eyeball. Sure.
Speaker 1: Oh h People talking to me when I want silence, well, oh yeah, that's always so that doesn't work. My youngest is really good at just telling me, Dad, I would love it if you left the room and I would just got to see her by myself.
Speaker 4: Okay, good communication, a little alone time recharge.
Speaker 5: These are more annoyances than an anxieties.
Speaker 1: I agree, That's why I have trouble. Let's define anxiety here. A knock on the front door when I'm prepared for guests, when I'm not preparing prepared for guests, A knock on the front door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the unannounced arrival at my door. How often is it ever positive? When it is, it's.
Speaker 1: Always oh okay, yeah, you know your neighbors said, we have leftover pie or whatever it is. But it's almost never left over pie. It's somebody trying to sell me something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or Amazon.
Speaker 3: They'll knock on the door sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's weird. How random that is? Like one out of a hundred deliveries they knock on the door, and I think, why this one? Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All the other ones you just drop it at my front door. And I always say to the people trying to sell me stuff, if I want to buy this, I know where to find it. Can you take me off whatever list I am on? You ass hat? I say at the end as they walk away under my breath. Nice.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then finally when I see someone that I don't want to talk to about half of people.
Speaker 5: Saw one of my mom's friends the other day, and I ducked into the wine aisle like a dumb ass because that's the first place she'd got.
Speaker 1: A bit of a betty and you know she's coming to the wine Now.
Speaker 5: She comes around the corner, kiddy, I'm like, shit.
Speaker 1: Oh, sorry, that's funny. I don't have much of that when I see some maybe at work at work sometimes in my real life, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Probably looked like I was trying to steal something with the way that I was like kind of looking around trying to find her. It was was that was awkward of me?
Speaker 1: Oh no, here comes How often does that happen to you?
Speaker 4: Joe my now and again? And it's it's people who I know who are very very chatty.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I.
Speaker 4: Think, Oh oh no, oh no, oh no, we're walking our dogs in the same direction. Oh no, But I just I'm not chatty.
Speaker 5: That's when you put your phone up to your ear, pretend you're talking into it, and then you just kind of give them the hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good? And that's pretty good, Michael.
Speaker 3: Women do that to me all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am compulsively honest. I know that sounds like self congratulations.
Speaker 1: It. I have a hard time doing stuff like I don't think I never have, and I don't think I could either for some reason. It's weird. I don't know. I just don't think I could pretend to be on a phone call. Yeah. I have a couple of times, but yeah, I don't like it final story on that, the whole thing, chatty people. I was at the car show the other day with my son. I told him, I said, before I got there, I said, don't let me forget to ask somebody there how do they clean windshields? Because it's been driving me crazy. You get a new car, the windshield is spotless, and it's never that way again. It's never as clean again as it is when you bought it. And I wonder what do people do to clean the inside and outside of the windshield to make it clean? And I thought, some of these people that show cars are going to have the product. But we're getting toward the end of the show. It's hot. I want to go home. And I said, I got to pick a guy who looks like he's not going to talk to me for half an hour about this. No, I ask him, because that's how what I want. He said, pick a young person. You pick anybody under twenty five. They're going to be worried that you're the guy who wants to talk about this for fifteen minutes. They're just going to tell you the product and put their earpiece back in. And he was right, ask you good advice. Yeah, young people, don't want to talk, old guy. He's got all day. He got nothing better to talk about.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: How you clean weed shields?
Speaker 2: I want to tell you it's important it keeps his wind setled clean because in nineteen fifty GM switched to a maalchemated glass. Switch was an inferior glass to the previous one.
Speaker 1: And of course we all used wind max in the seventies, but they stopped making that thanks to Carter. So I swid Yeah, okay, just because of that DDT. There's too many birds, says Hi. So they're clean. Clean one shoe and that's that.
Speaker 3: Mose Days used to remember the street race. You bang them on the curve, get him rusty, Put them in a rain barrel, get him rusty.
Speaker 4: Real quick.
Speaker 3: Here, guys, Katie has something for me, The In and Out Secret Menu.
Speaker 5: Right, I do have the In and Out Secret Menu. Did you want to know some of the particular just a few items. Okay, the flying Dutchman, the double cheeseburger, put her.
Speaker 1: Put her ankles on your shoulders. Hey, hang on, no, you see what you just.
Speaker 5: Went straight there?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: What was I saying?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, flying Dutchman, double cheeseburger instead of the bun grilled onions. They keep the onions in the full circle and they just keep it in the flat. Give us one more and uh they've They have the road kill fries, which it's like animal fries, but they crumble a ham.
Speaker 1: A crushed o possum that's been sitting in the sun.
Speaker 5: Yes, they crumble a burger on it, and always remember your fries. Well man, that's the that's the only way to order the fries.
Speaker 4: There tip, you got to give us one more. That sounds like a sex position.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing. I'm not I'm not seeing.
Speaker 1: Do they sell a Cleveland steamer.
Speaker 5: The fudge packer.
Speaker 1: Where we are definitely? Well, I guess that's it.
Speaker 5: An you stop you guys.
Speaker 4: You know se fudge it in and out, you idiot.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that