Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens are gearing up for a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers Saturday at four point thirty at M and T Bank Stadium. As the Ravens prepared for that game, we had a chest hear from some of the key players, including quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Just got a find way to get a dog, you know one. Well, it's gonna be at a home game, so we just got to execute at home, find a way to win.
Speaker 3: Have you meditated a lot on that game in Pittsburgh or do you kind of try to put it behind you? You have you looked back a lot at that game again in Pittsburgh or do you try to put that behind you? How do you prepared?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I really didn't go back to the game and watch it a lot.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously after the game I watched it and seeing things on the on film, I didn't like some things I did like, you know, we did move the ball. We just wasn't finishing drives and Kennedy's turnover stuff like that. We got to clean up. But I gotta find a way to just put points on the board. You know, from when I did watch the game that's all.
Speaker 3: Against the Steelers of homes for four years.
Speaker 6: And you also haven't played in front of the home crowd as.
Speaker 3: A starting quarterback the Ravens because it was the last time was twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: That was when the fans weren't really covide doing it.
Speaker 8: Just what can that difference be for you and for this team?
Speaker 2: Uh, just been in front of the crowd, man, flocked Nacy, just been in the building knowing this arrival game, I'm knowing what's that state for us?
Speaker 4: I feel like the.
Speaker 2: Momentum, the momentum from our crowd is just give us what we need, you know, that extra boost.
Speaker 1: And while we've you know, talking over the years about being locked in and kind of that focus, that's always how you've been, but it seems like maybe even more so this year has that Has that been really a point of ovisist in a focus for you this year?
Speaker 4: Man? Just trying to stay on schedule.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the vets now, so obviously I gotta lead by example. So I'm trying to do it, you know, with play off the field everything. Just trying to be the leader that I can be best leader that last year you took a lot of shots to for Shan babmen down the field, didn't connect on a lot of them.
Speaker 9: Obviously, that's changed a lot this year.
Speaker 4: What do you think A big reason for that?
Speaker 2: That change has been us just trusting each other, us just trusting to.
Speaker 4: Play call and just connecting with our chemistry.
Speaker 2: Because years ago we was out in Cali and we were we was working and it was right after the season.
Speaker 4: Our chemistry was there, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, we both of us had injuries you know, in the past, so our chemistry would die off at some point of the season. But this year we've been healthy and it's just been how it's been going, how it should be going, you know, just from going back to camp and just all season work.
Speaker 7: Well, Mark, coming back to that Steelers game from this year, I think you have to words you see said it was annoying all the you know, the self inflicted stuff, penalties and.
Speaker 4: Not finishing off drives.
Speaker 7: Aside from that stuff, what when you watched the film after, what did what didn't you like? From what from what you saw just in terms of either plays or execution or whatever it was in besides just the not finishing your eyes.
Speaker 2: That's that's Nah, you pretty much just called it all out. You know, us just self to flit the wounds, penalties, turnovers. Getting back on track is like second and long, third and long, Uh, first and long. Stuff like that is just like we we killing drives before they even get started, you know. And I watched film on that, and it's like last week we did a better job at that. You know, we wasn't first and long, second and long often. So us just being on schedule with those guys, I feel like we'll be where we need to be.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's easy for us to say this is the biggest game of the season. Do you do you think about things in those terms at all?
Speaker 11: Nah?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Every game is a big game, you know, Like I said, like just last well, just the other day, we couldn't look at those guys record and just think we could just go in there and just blowing mout. You know, it's the NFL team. We gotta go into every game the same way, tryna wear regardless of the record, who it is in front of us. I feel like we can play with anybody, play against anybody.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about the stretch that you got it off?
Speaker 6: The three games for eleven days now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I gotta word about the Steelers. I can't really read about the scratch, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the success that he's having in terms of the chemistry that you guys with Bateman, you talked about the chemistry that you guys have had over the years. Have you always had this belief that you know, you could this could be? What with the way he played and produced and and and then also how does that just unlock kind of another element.
Speaker 6: Of his offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like I said, you know, I was training with him and CALLI you know, a couple of years back of just grinding out here on the field just seeing what type of player he is. I just knew he gonna he gonna be one of those guys you know, it's just over time is gonna It's gonna happen eventually, And it's happening now, you know, perfect time.
Speaker 5: I believe with him as another weapon, I mean, is that what we saw last wet and how I'm puting the offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, him, Him and all the other guys.
Speaker 2: You know, we've got a lot of great guys that receiver in tight ends and running backs in the backfield.
Speaker 10: You consider the division of me major prize or for years, it more about how you guys are playing going into the playoffs? Do you consider the division winning the division? Is that is that I'm still a major prize or is it more about how you guys are playing? Go get into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to win regardless it it really don't matter. You know when each and every game we're we're in.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not going into games trying to lose and picking the tend and be like, Okay, this the game. Were trying to beat these guys cause they're you know, it's every game, any given game I'm trying to win.
Speaker 12: Well, did the Steelers kind of defend you guys the same ways over and over?
Speaker 4: Or have they do they change a lot in gaining the game where they try to do to stop uh?
Speaker 2: From UH personnel standpoint, those guys like to switch it up a little bit here and there.
Speaker 13: You feel like, you guys, with the weapons you have, should have more answers for whatever they try to do.
Speaker 4: I believe so, I believe we should have answers.
Speaker 2: But when the game come, I bet I'll have a answer for you after the game.
Speaker 3: Uh With with test scoring a touchdown this week. I know you were talking about after the game. Do you feel like there are opportunities ahead for him in the coman weeks to see more action and help this team.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know his number called. I feel like he'll be ready and to jump right in like he did. You know this this previous game go dark?
Speaker 12: Thank you all.
Speaker 1: Jack actually heard from cornerback Marlon Humphrey, who has five interceptions on the season. He's really having a resurgent year. He talked about the key to that resurgence in the mindset going into this game against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 12: A can't Steelers.
Speaker 9: You guys lost to aid it last night. There's been some games where the starters haven't you wrapped up in ags? He needed played the stars against them, but overall still ate it last time. How much do you think that bothers the players been side.
Speaker 11: I didn't know it was Aided last night until the last game, but it bothers me. When I found out it was, it was it was surprising, But no, it's it's ah. I know the guys in the locker room, you know we want to win this rivalry. MM and A I'll ast nine man. It's uh it's it's not a good number at all. So I think, uh, the focus has got to be at a premium this week and you try to It's gonna take a lot to get that back on our side. But uh, you wanna you wanna be able to beat your your rivalry.
Speaker 6: Have you been here a while?
Speaker 14: Have you expressed that to some of the newcomers maybe like this has been going on part too long.
Speaker 11: We just got in today. Hasn't been a lot of talk about it. But uh, I think it's all about peeking at the right time. Uh get the uh, get the juices flowing. But uh no, I I definitely I'm talking to the team at some point this week after practice. But that that's that's gotta be the message. You know. I feel like in the past there's been a lot more talk about it. Defensive meeting today was was a little fiery. Team meeting was a little fiery. But it's uh, it's just gonna be build this week and uh, it'll get talked about it. I think you know, some people got a taste of it. It's a couple of squirmishes in the last game, but uh no, this is big. This means a lot to a lot of people. It means a lot to me being here for a long time. And uh, if if you if you don't understand, the message will be will be very clear as the week goes on.
Speaker 10: You believe in the idea of having to get over the hump against certain teams, you know, whether it's Pittsburgh or Kansas City or whatever, or is that it's not something that we talk about that doesn't necessarily mean a lot.
Speaker 4: To you guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know if we feel it's a it's a hump, but well maybe I would say maybe Kansas City. I feel like we that's been a difficult one O over the years. But Steelers, obviously you just want to win that one each you know, that's why they eight out of NOWE was so surprising. I think every every time we play and we're just trying to beat them the same as they're trying to beat us. But no, I wouldn't say this this week is feels like a but there's there's definitely I feel like I would say Casey is definite feel a little bit more like that we were We.
Speaker 4: Talked for maybe a month or so ago. You were very clear that though this isn't a Zach Woriosy.
Speaker 2: This is on us defensive players to kind of I right, what in your mind over the past month or so has really clicked in terms of this defense in the past defense specifically.
Speaker 11: I think with the past defense, the the biggest thing that's clicked is we we really tried to play more together. Honestly, if if I had to just pinpoint one thing, I would I would say it's putting com back their safety. I mean there's been he he's uh, he's just that guy's just uh different. It's play obviously, you guys see the play, but the communication getting guys right. I mean there's plays that I'm on the field, I I get the call, ask Scott what about doing this call? I hear some Kyle, give somebody else what are they doing this call?
Speaker 4: And so he he's just.
Speaker 11: As good as the football player as his smarts, how he keeps the guys calm. I there's a He's just a piece you can put in any position. But him going back to to safety. It seemed to really stabilize everybody else in all their spots, whether it's corners of the community of Nickel community, the backers. You know, Roe's doing so much given the front and everything, but I think Kyle's been able to just help us stabilize in the secondary, and to me, that's kind of been the the big thing on the back end and in the pass rush, those guys they've they've come alive as well a little bit more you know, kind of cage rush type type deals and letting guys win their one on one. So it's been a it's been really a a group effort to to get things right. So not not trying to I mean, not trying to give Kyle all the credit, but he he he deserves a uh a big amount for sure.
Speaker 1: Cool, you're playing at a really high level this year. You doubled the injuries last year, Like what what did what did it mean to you?
Speaker 3: What did this season mean to you?
Speaker 1: And what is me to be playing at at the level that you're playing at?
Speaker 11: Giving you of the camp last year, man, this year has been I came into it a little bit different than I would say I've ever approached a season. I just you know, last year with the injuries, it was a lot, you know, mentally, and I kind of just treated this year. I've really tried to treat each day like I think about training camp. I just came into the season thinking, you know this, you never really know what's gonna happen. And I think the situations we had throughout training camp with guys getting car RECs, our coach passing away. I really try to treat every day like it's my last, and I try to treat every practice. So many days in training camp wake up you're not really feeling it. And I journal a lot more and I basically just write whatever I'm writing, and I write usually just treat today, enjoy today, do what you can. And so I think that's really been able to help me really just enjoy the day to where you know, you know, obviously you want to stay healthy, you want to play for for a long time, but watching games is just is not very fun. And you think, man if I could do this, but I really try to. And then Zach or being a coach who you just really never know when your last play a football is going to be. And that's I think that's not a reality that a lot of us think as football players. I think it's not a lot of reality that people think in life. You know, It's just we had people and could have been tragic car accidents, a coach passed there' there's just so many things you can think about it. I'm just very grateful to just wake up today, wake up hopefully tomorrow the days I get and it's really helped me. It's helped me just be more calm as a player. Just go into it, just enjoy what I can enjoy, control what I can control, and I think I think that's been the biggest difference, I would say, And also trying to eliminate unknown stress. So I try to think about if I show up to the playing team playing ten minutes before we take off, or if I show up an hour, which one would be less stressful. So I actually got to the team train this past weekend before we could even get on the train, which was a first, but I was like, well, this is better than men almost late. So I try to think what is stressful. So I packed my bag the night before, so that packing it the day of and scrambling this past weekend, this past game, I had my wife packet, which was great. So you know, I just try to think about less stress. You know, getting get here early, even though you don't have anything to do, you will find something to do. So I tried that. That's something else I've changed, which is which has helped. But uh, just really enjoying life. That's been It's been the biggest thing. And it's just so easy here man, this organization, these coaches, it's I'm just grateful, but it's all those little things have really helped me just take stress off the body and help. You know, you put that in and then you can just be able to play more free. And I feel like it's showing up this year.
Speaker 9: We're in a stress for a year again.
Speaker 12: Three games in eleven days. What do you think is the key for you when you're going through such a condensed time frame, what's the key to be successful?
Speaker 11: I think the key to be successful and that is, you know, sleep, recovery, and you know, leaning on the coaches, leaning on leaning on the people that are in house to help you with the with the nutrition with Sarah, with the weight room, with Scott, with the coaches, doing the things as much as you can here to where when you get home, because it's it's I mean, it's it's turning around really really quick. And Uh, the biggest thing you just got to be on the same page, you know. I think there's another another team or two that's got some other type type stretches, so we're not the only team. But that's the biggest thing, is just putting the work, put in the work, put in the work, do it quick and try to stay ahead. But uh, bodies will be f on it. But it'll be the same on both sides. But I think whoever can do the little things the best will come out the most successful. Well.
Speaker 7: And speaking of stress, going back to the Pittsburgh in eight of nine and a lot of those it was you know, self inflicted stuff with you guys, penalties and finishing guys or whatever the case is just curious, like that team or any team, are are there things they're doing that stress.
Speaker 4: You guys in that way?
Speaker 7: Where is it a matter of more if you guys needing to lock in on every detail in games like that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know it's that's the probably the biggest surprise of the eight of the last nine. I feel like we've had more success over the past couple of years, I would say, like postseason stuff like that. So that's actually something I was thinking about earlier. Why why is that so? And I feel as though it's kind of been more of them having better, you know, success, and why does that come. I think it's been a little little bit of kind of, like you said, a little bit of self inflicted. I think we've we've sustained drives and they kind of died at the end. We've you know, gotten to stop or get a flag, gotten to stop, get a flag. There's just there's been a there's been a lot of different different things. It just seems like it hasn't went our way. But it's not like, oh we were just unlucky. It just was you know, you gotta play dissilin football. I think they Tomlin, you know kind of I feel like he wants to just keep the game close, keep the game close, and then win it at the end. And honestly that strategy works pretty well when they play us. But you know, I respect respect what he does as a coach. You know, his team is there. You know, there's a lot of teams out there that you can say or they weren't really tough, they didn't really bring it. But that's one thing that I love about the rivalry. You know, there's no there's not a lot of fair dodging. They they're gonna do what they're gonna do go, run the ball, take their shots. It's not really gonna be a secret. And they they feel that they can do that to be successful, and uh, we gotta feel that we can stop it, and uh do to the opposite.
Speaker 1: We all surfing wide receivers. Day Flowers, he's closing in on the thousand receiving yards this year. He talked about his season and his thoughts going into this game against the Steelers.
Speaker 12: Put your offensive player. Most of these teams. I mean, you're you're putting out twenty five to forty points the Steelers. It's kind of sending The past couple year has been a little bit of opposite. Why do you think the Steelers give your guys.
Speaker 4: Some trouble with bables from that?
Speaker 1: H Uh?
Speaker 13: I don't think there's no trouble. I think we always have I feel like turnovers, miss kids like stuff like that during the game. So if we just eliminate those because we moved the ball downfield, I know, you see that, right, we move the ball downfield, we get across the fifty, you know what I'm saying. So you know, we just gotta take care of the ball, make kicks and try to put the ball in the an zone talking about you know, especially.
Speaker 3: In this last game against Pittsburgh, a lot of times you're getting first and long because of penalties and things like that. How disruptive is that to the flow of this offense When you guys set back with the first down penalty.
Speaker 13: I mean, when you when it's first and fifteen or second and twenty, like, it's hard to get back on track. It's the NFL, so it's hard to get back on track. So we try to eat out the yards a little bit to try to cut it closer to get a better third down or a better second down. So he right about that that we be in long situations first and second down, so once we get out of those, we'll be alright.
Speaker 12: No, like you do being sip close, just how much he sends from him, how bad he wants to be.
Speaker 13: The Steelers, Uh, I mean he want to be everybody just m like, just about the same. So I get a sense of that every week every team we play, he's like that blow him out, man, Like we don't even want to play with him, Like, let's just go out and do what we gotta do and get out of here. So I feel like he got that same energy for every game. He locked in in the same way, no matter who we playing.
Speaker 1: Along those lines of what it stood out to you about Lamar's.
Speaker 13: The leadership this year, it ain't. It ain't been a l He been a little bit more vocal, but not a lot, you know what I mean. His action, he he he like to take the field and do what he do and then he'll tell you on the field. It's not so much like, oh, like you gotta do this or do that. He just like he's played the game. And then we just follow along cause we see how hard he playing. That's our quarterbacks, so we try to get the same amount of effort we just heard from uh Marlin.
Speaker 6: He I mean that was a defensive perspective.
Speaker 10: Maybe about talking about the Los into this year, Is that something you guys have talked about at this.
Speaker 12: Point right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I ain't even Yeah, I ain't even know that.
Speaker 13: But you know, we just gonna we gonna worry about this game, try to get this win this game, and move forward.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like this is the division on the line here?
Speaker 13: I mean, we just gonna go out and win. We just gonna go out and try to win. But if the division on the line. Probably, I don't. I really don't know. I ain't really paying attention to it. I'm just worrying about going out there playing my best, playing our best, and getting a win.
Speaker 7: What do they do that's you've obviously only played them twice and you had seven catches I think on seventeen targets people want to touch down there. What did they do? That's that stresses you? That's difficult for you or.
Speaker 13: For Revengers in general. No, don't really do nothing that really stresses me, if I'm being honest. It just you know, you have some games and it it ended up being that game. So we'll figure out when we get there.
Speaker 1: This week.
Speaker 13: We got them, so we'll gonna look forward to that.
Speaker 12: When you hate, Marland described uh, Marlon described the team meetings to say, it's fiery.
Speaker 10: It does it feel different the Steelers because it's the Steelers.
Speaker 13: Of course, because it's a rival.
Speaker 11: It's a rival.
Speaker 13: It's always gonna be like that, no matter what team gotta arrival with rivalry it is. If you got a rival in your division and you ain't gonna go out there and want to play soft, you gotta make sure everybody fight up and ready to go, make sure everybody got their minds on right, they head locked in. So it's always gonna be like that.
Speaker 10: Say, if you had to say the number one thing you want out of the next three weeks, it is it the division?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 10: You want to be playing at your best going into the playoffs? Like what what's the driving goal?
Speaker 11: Division?
Speaker 13: Playing at our best? Win all three everything that comes with it. We want everything. We want to end it the right way. So we want to go out with a bang these last three games, finish the right way, going to the playoffs with a little momental and do what we gotta do.
Speaker 3: Then, what you've seen from Tes the last you know, I mean really this season in practice, I mean we really only got to see him this week. But what's kind of been the work behind his performances, Well.
Speaker 13: Yeah, T T T has improved a lot. Tas come out every day in practice and give a hundred against our first team defense, and you see him get better each week, Like you see him improve on something, then the next week here improve on something else. And he always asksing questions no matter what it is. Whereas a play, whether it's how to run the route, he gonna always ask questions and he gonna do his best and everything, and I'm glad he finally getting a chance to play and show.
Speaker 6: Bats had a lot of long touchdowns this season. Action between he and Lawrence really good.
Speaker 1: What have you seen behind the scenes on the practice field or whatnot that you feel like has enabled him to hit his.
Speaker 13: Shot more practice, We've just been practicing him and talking about it. I feel like that's the biggest thing about it. Practicing on the field and taking it to the game and also watching film. Oh, this how we're gonna do it. This is how we're gonna do this. And that's what it's been.
Speaker 6: To go back to Test for a second.
Speaker 3: I know the situation with Deontay's outside of your guys' control, but do you feel like the guy like Test stepping up shows the ability of this wide receiving group to kind of succeed no matter who's available.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I feel like everybody in our receiver room could play like no matter what, no matter who it is, From Anthony Miller Test to Tylan Wallace, y'all seeing Tylan Wallace, anybody, I feel like anybody can step up and make plays and help get the team a win.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today. We also heard from safety Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 9: Overall ravens of vast last nine to the Steelers. I know you're not involved in a lot of those, but how much do you think that maybe bother some of the these guys did this off.
Speaker 6: I think it.
Speaker 14: Obviously we want to win every game, especially when we play the Steelers, but I don't think people really think about it too much. You know, it's every game is mutually exclusive, and you know, just because we lost last game, it's nothing to do with this game. So that's not a good stat not a good side of the history to be on. So you know we're gonna come outsideay try to change.
Speaker 5: Do you feel a lot of it's good self inflicted? Would so while you're here. Penalties and maybe lack of communication or time critical time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that just goes with any time you lose a game, penalties, lack of communication, that's what loses your games. Coach Hargoll always tells us, we we have to learn how to not lose games before we can win games. So it's very true in the sport, and you know, it's stuff that we have to clean up, and we know we Willy.
Speaker 1: Kyle Marlin talked about the defense coming along well, and if you really pointed to you being playing that natural safety position is kind of a turning point. How has that helped, I guess you and then the defensive overall since you've been moved into that role.
Speaker 6: Kind of midway through the season.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's kind of funny. Y'all have asked me like about the year, like, do you still see yourself as safety? You know this is pretty much happening, And I was like, yeah, so so now I'm just playing safety now. I feel like it's not like we reinvented the wheel, Like we're just doing what we knew we had to do the whole time and not making dumb mistakes and you know, just keeping the ball in front of us, making tackles and stuff like that. And I feel like we'd be really good if we just polish up stuff like that penalties as well.
Speaker 1: What I would have been like communication with everybody else you really wanted to your communication and knowing what everybody does in front of you. How big of a factor is that in your game?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think it's big.
Speaker 14: I think that's a big reason why I think I helped when I'm out there, you know, I feel like I'm out there obviously play well, but at the same time, make sure guys are playing well, playing fast. At the same time, I don't want people out there thinking whether it's Nata outside or Marlin or bro Kwan. You know, he has a lot on his place to try to take someone off his play and just communication wise. If I can have everybody on the same page, just starting with me, Sary Rokuan and going from there, I think we'd be playing fast and play really well.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you have a sense of just how well Steelers fans travel for for a game this big. I guess what is your kind of message to Ravens fans considered why it goes to this game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 14: You know, I think Ravens fans traveled pretty well the Pittsburgh too as well. But uh, you know, it's kind of funny when we do the national anthem where we're at and they do the big oh chat, you kind of have a sense of how many Ravens fans are there at that time. But you know, it is our stadium, it's a home home game for us, and I think it's it's a big advantage, you know, playing any team, especially Pittsburgh. I don't think people really talk about it enough. I think Ravens fans done a great job just staying in it and you know, supporting us, criticizing us obviously too. But you know, we critics our ourself, hold us to a high standard, and I think that it's fair because of the just the franchise in itself and what it's become at this point. You know, one of the more winning is franchise in the league, and we're always in the mix every year, So expect them to be rowdy, expect them to be loud, and hopefully get to win.
Speaker 15: For him, Marlin described the team meeting as firing.
Speaker 11: Did you notice anything different about it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, I really don't know what he's talking about. He might have been in his own little world.
Speaker 10: He said, he doesn't feel like you guys need to get over any kind of hope for whatever word you want to use, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 12: Would you would you agree with that?
Speaker 4: But it's not really that kind of situation.
Speaker 14: Yeah, No, I mean that's kind of what I was saying earlier, like it's it obviously we lost eight of the last nine, I think, but you know, don't think we're going in this game like we can't lose nine out of ten, Like we were just trying to win this one game and take a one week at a time.
Speaker 6: And I know y'all hear that a lot from us, but it's really true, like we you know, we have.
Speaker 14: One week lives kind of and you know, last week we're all about the Giants and got that win. Now we're all about the Steelers and whatever comes next to come next. But you know, obviously we're trying too to win this week. How you can mention that, you know, this can't be a team that beats itself.
Speaker 5: Is there a challenge mentally for you guys, for you feel like you kind of stop on third down and you see a flag you kind of have to reset. Is that a challenge for this team, this defense to kind of move on to the next play, not getting fixated on what might have happened.
Speaker 14: I don't think it's a challenge for us moving on in a sense. I think it's a challenge for us just to not have them in the first place.
Speaker 6: You know, I think we played pretty well.
Speaker 14: Zach told us this week that on one driver, they scored the first touchdown, they are thirty nine yards offense and forty one yards penalies, like, like, we're literally giving them points at that point. And you know, I feel like we have a good enough team where nobody should really just drive down the field and score on us just that will you know, we are the only way that would happen if we get penalties past and interference holding wherever it may be. And you know, we just gotta be a little more clean in that aspect. But I don't think guys need to change how they're playing in any way, just kind of fix little things to just keep playing fast.
Speaker 3: Oh, when you play the Steelers, do you feel.
Speaker 1: Like you have a pretty good idea of going into the game what they're going to do offensively? They're gonna run the ball.
Speaker 7: A lot, They're gonna take a few deep shots.
Speaker 1: Like and how does that make them different to defend their other teams?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's not a lot of glitz and glam. You know, they're gonna a lot of us make you stop them, and we respect that. I think most of the league does. You know, They've been good at it for a long time and a lot of teams just kind of wilt away at that point, like when you get a third fourth quarter, tired of tackling nausea, you're tired of hitting whoever. And but I don't think we're built like that. I think we're built for these kinds of games and gonna come out Saturday im prove that.
Speaker 1: Next up, we heard from tight end Marc Andrews.
Speaker 8: They're a well coach team. They do things the right way, they manage the game well. So for us, it's just being efficient, doing our job and move.
Speaker 11: Forward with the game.
Speaker 14: Players talked about there being kind of an emotional team meeting, just a little fiery.
Speaker 6: Can you take us inside that meeting.
Speaker 11: At little bit? I mean, we just know what's at stake.
Speaker 8: It's this time of year. We gotta win games, and we put ourselves in a great position, and so everything looking ahead is is just being motivated and locked in and ready to take on this week and take it one at a time.
Speaker 1: How much did the Giants win act as a spring board going into this week.
Speaker 11: It was a great win.
Speaker 8: It was a great win for us, and especially coming off a bye, and so now just working to build off at momentum and continue this win.
Speaker 10: Streat, what do you care about the most from the remainder of the regular season, is it is it the division? Is it hitting your best form?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 4: What do you what do you want?
Speaker 8: It's week by week, week by week, we're we're every week we're worried about our new opponent and that's this week. It's the Steelers obviously a big game, divisional game and two teams that are you know, at the top of our division. So you know, that's what we're worried about. It, that's what we're thinking about, and it's what we're ready for.
Speaker 15: You've going against the Steelers a lot, that defense a lot. What what do you think post is the biggest What what do they do so well there? Because that's maybe the biggest challenge.
Speaker 8: When they're physical, they're a athletic, they work hard, they got effort, they do a lot of things well. So for us, it's bringing it. You know, you know that they're going to be able to do that, and it's just being physical and doing our job.
Speaker 11: That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: And where we saw Batans come all the game where he had two touchdowns. How has his development emergencies year He'll help.
Speaker 4: The offense overall.
Speaker 6: He's a big time player.
Speaker 8: And he's making big time plays in big time moments that have helped U one big games and help change games for us. And it's been awesome to see him kind of flourish and and do his thing. He's playing incredible and he's just going to continue to step up, make big plays and help this team win.
Speaker 7: Mark obviously the person of Boston.
Speaker 3: Where Francis did.
Speaker 9: You get a lot of kudos from the people in the organizations?
Speaker 3: Did you hear from jama I was just gonna wonder what kind of flooded in after that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, everyone's been super you know, uh, you know, kind and cordial and uh, you know, give him my carats.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, you know, that's.
Speaker 8: So small right now, it's so small because we have so much ahead and so much to look forward to.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 8: I'm worried about winning this next game.
Speaker 10: Not useful to build up one game it's sort of bigger than another. I mean, obviously we're what we do is hype up a game and say it's the biggest game of the year.
Speaker 11: Is that just not helpful to you or.
Speaker 4: How do you look at that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you try to you try to go week by week and just try to focus on each game and doing your job. And you know, obviously, you know some games are hyped up and some games aren't. But you know, for us, it's being consistent week in and week out.
Speaker 15: What's your what was your back when you saw when the schedule came out. I think it was mag t three games and eleven takes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, it's crazy, but at the end of the day, you know, everybody that's in that boat is in the boat, so we're all going through that same the same things. And uh, you know, Coach Monks said it today, it's you know, if you're in that type of position means you're a good team, and everybody in that category is, you know, playing well.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast, make sure you hit subscribe. Also subscribe to the latch feed as well. Thanks for listening. We'll talk with you again tomorrow.
Speaker 12: M