Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It is our two on this Friday. It's a meat Friday at that as we send you in to the weekend fourth of July. And in case you're wondering, the Tregger Grills, pretzel Bergers, brats, Chicago Dogs, and smoke potato salad. Who has it better than we do? No Buddy Superstars face off the two epic ladder matches at Money in the Bank. You have the winners earning the right to a championship match anywhere anytime. Stream it live from London Tomorrow, July first, with a special start time, a three Eastern kickoff show at two Eastern exclusively on Peacock, which is where you can consume this show. If you'd like, you can download the app and watch this program or radio affiliates around the country. Also, NBC Sports is going to broadcast the NASCAR Cup Series inaugural street race in Chicago this weekend as the sports celebrates at seventy fifth anniversary and Dale Earnhardt Junior is going to be part of that. Good to see you, Junior. How did this race come about downtown Chicago?
Speaker 2: Well, we used to race at Chicago land out in Juliet, which is about, i don't know, forty five minutes an hour away. It's a great market for US, and NASCAR wanted to get back to the Chicago market. I think that the way this began, to be honest with you, was through the I Racing Software, which is a PC video game simulation whatever you want to call it, but it's a it's the most realistic racing game on the market today. And they were able with that product. NASCAR was able to say, hey, use you know, use the Chicago streets and build us a street course and then put your customers on there to drive it and race it and give it feedback. And so that's kind of how this all started.
Speaker 1: Years ago.
Speaker 2: Before you had a PC simulation or any kind of a video game, you basically had to, you know, build the racetrack and hope it worked. Right now, with all the technology we have, dan to be able to build a racetrack and simulation and have drivers, real world drivers and great simulator drivers drive on the track and fix all the nuances and all the problems that are going to occur. It saves NASCAR, It saves track promoters, builders, millions, and millions of dollars and it probably saved the same, you know, just an incredible amount of money and sort of understanding how to put this event on. So that's how it got started. They actually ran a simulated race on the streets to Chicago on this track in the simulated world. They put it live onto. It was called the pro Imitational. Actually was part of that, uh, and it was all of our real world drivers. So this has been a this has been in the works for about three years.
Speaker 1: Okay, how would I do if let's say I got into this simulator.
Speaker 2: You'd be You'd be terrible, you know, I think everybody that gets in a simulator. The one thing that's missing is obviously the seat of the pants field of driving a real car and the grip and the tires and everything being connected to the road that we all know so well when we drive down the highway. So it takes a while to you. It's basically your you know, learning how to drive a race car missing one critical sensor, right, and once you figure out how to work through that, you get really good at it. But I could teach you if you really wanted to get into it. But uh, it's a lot of fun. It's as close as you can get to driving the real world race car without having you know, leaving the comfort of your house and spending you know, thousands and millions of dollars to compete. Well.
Speaker 1: I'm also wondering about the future of NASCAR. If you're looking at Formula one and the success that Formula one has had and they're you know, in the streets of Monte Carlo, how important is NASCAR changing some of these venues to get it into downtown Chicago or you know, some of these other cities, or you know, to do something that maybe you're going to take from Formula one.
Speaker 2: I think that racing in the streets of some of the bigger cities in the in the country is a new chapter for NASCAR. I expected to be highly successful. It's going, you know, you're limited on where you can go what you know, what cities and what areas could embrace it and where it could actually put you know, function properly. There's also great examples of that, obviously NF one, but also an IndyCar and the Canadian NASCAR Series runs run street courses as well, so we there's lots of places for NASCAR to look for for examples and success and leadership on how to pull this off. We have you know, when we we race out in Juliet, because you know, we can't build an oval right next to the city. We can't build that oval racetrack that we want to race at in these big markets right in our residential areas. So our racetracks, for example, Atlanta is Enhampton. You know, it's not even near Atlanta. It's thirty forty five minutes outside of Atlanta. All of our big tracks are connected to these you know, these dense populated areas in this, in this in the country, but they're they're they're twenty to twenty minutes to an hour drive outside the city to get to them. Uh, this is a great opportunity really put the product right in the middle of the city, right in the heart of the city. There's gonna be an incredible amount of uh, you know views with the skyline. Uh, it's going to be a beautiful experience visually, Uh, for for not only people here in attendants like myself, but for people watching at home. We're gonna see shots and imagery that we've never experienced a NASCAR, at least at the top cup level. And so I'm looking forward to that. I just walked out of the hotel this morning and walked across the walk down the racetrack on the way to the TV compound. Yeah, it feels surreal to be walking these streets that I was. I was here a month ago before the track was even built, or there was a barrier up, or any kind of you know, resemblance, any anything that would you know, that would you know you would recognize at a racetrack, And it's so surreal to be walking down these streets now lined with walls and barriers, and as they prepare for this race, it's it's an incredible moment for NASCAR, it really is, and I believe that it's going to be a big success, and I'm glad I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: How would you do? How would you do if you had your race this weekend?
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't do that great, it's you know I would I say this often, but it's the only way I can really articulate it. Racing at the Exfinity truck level or the NASCAR Cup left, Well, do these guys do it every single week? They live it every day. They're in the simulator every day. Preparing all week long. They're in meetings every day. For somebody, even like me with all you know, with two decades of experience, to not have raced in a year or more, to hop in one of these cars, you would get, you would get, you would, You would be humbled quickly because they're in that cycle week after week after week. They're doing it over and over and over, and they know they know how to get that car all the way to the limit of the grip of the tire, right up to that moment where that tire is about to break traction. For me to hop in there after not being in the car for a year to find that limit is really really hard. And you and I would I would rarely get up to that limit. I would be, you know, quite a ways off of it. So you know it, I Uh, I'm gonna compete a couple of times this year in its Finity series of racing at Bristol, and uh, we got a couple you know, we got a couple of its. We're gonna run.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't go in with high expectations. I'll tell you that because it's pretty humbling. You compete with those guys when they're doing it every single week.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have a moment of race where you didn't want to get in the car?
Speaker 2: Probably? Uh, yeah, I mean I was just talking about this, so it was fresh on my mind a couple of days ago. But rocking Ham, after my dad passed away, that was the next race we went to. I didn't want to race. I didn't want to be there, but I knew I mean, I didn't want to be anywhere else. You know, it was kind of one of them situations where you didn't want to be anywhere and you didn't want to be doing nothing, but you needed to be doing something, and it was just a weird place to be emotionally and mentally. But there are times when you know you might be sick or feeling bad, or you know the car wasn't fast in practice and you're worried about how having a frustrating day. But I never walked up to the race car and didn't want to climb in and didn't want to do what I was getting ready to do. I've always felt lucky, privileged, felt you know, like you know, I was right where I was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Great to talk to you, I can hear the excitement in your voice about this event, and hope you have fun this weekend.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Man, it's good to see you. I hope you're doing well and thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: How are the girls doing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, I just was with them all week. We're having a great time. They're doing great. Nicole's two.
Speaker 1: I was five.
Speaker 2: Life couldn't be any.
Speaker 1: Better anymore on the way.
Speaker 2: No, sir, is good for me. I feel blessed.
Speaker 1: So the the the pits are closed.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying, I would say, so, Yeah, that's that's the that's we got a full house.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a lot of good good to see you, Thank you, Thank you, Junior. That's Dale Earnhard Junior, NBC Sports NASCAR analyst and the Streets of Chicago, Sunday evening, five thirty eastern on NBC and Peacock pre race coverage starting at five eastern. All right, we'll get some phone calls here. Actor comedian Adam Devine, who's been in a few things, Workaholics is where I first saw him. He'd been in some movies, Pitch Perfect. Yeah, yeah, we all pretend to have seen now. I never saw Pitchburg.
Speaker 4: That was the cups thing, right, isn't that the movie where they stacked all the cups?
Speaker 1: Right? I didn't see it. I'm not embarrassed to have seen that. Yeah, it's Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson. Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: He plays Bunker or something or other. He's like the hot shot, a cappella singer with a lot of attitude.
Speaker 1: So Workaholics and then the Righteous Gemstones. He's in that one as well. Modern Family. Marvin points out Modern Family he had a recurring role there, So he'll join us coming up in a little bit. Andrew and Washington leads us off this second hour. Hi, Andrew, what's on your mind today? Good morning Darren. Then that's that'd be meet Friday. Hey.
Speaker 6: I wanted to thank you Dan for having Molly on the twelve fifteen podcast last week. Twelve to fifteen Podcasts has been great the last couple of weeks with the interview format, her coming on and telling her jazz club story and her story of cooking with the next door neighbor but you guys not knowing where she was just amazing to hear all those So thanks for doing that. Also, I got a T shirt idea. Oh, you mentioned the Dead Mom's Club last week, and I was wondering if you could put one out that was are you in DMC for a run DMC type of T shirt? Are you in Dead Mom's Club? Anyways? By the way, Liam Neeson's newest trailer retribution just came out. Polly, check it out. If he stops driving, the car explodes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: The end of the day for all week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 6: In the past thirty years, there's only been five number one NBA draft picks. Be an all Star in the rookie season. If the French Prince Victor Winbayama can do it, he'll join Shack Grant Hill, Tim Duncan yell me and Blake Briffon as a rookie all sar. That's your stat of the day.
Speaker 1: S Out of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading card. So the Dan Patrick Show, the twelve to fifteen podcast hosted by Mario. That'll be after the show. That's the wrap up show with the backroom guys. Let's see what else do we have here? Andrew in Atlanta, Hi, Andrew, what's on your mind today.
Speaker 7: Hey boys, God, does Andrew and Washington really pack a lot into a call?
Speaker 1: Yes he does, Yes he does.
Speaker 7: Andrew Brothers back to back here. So anyways, I was privileged over the weekend last weekend to be able to help a former NFL player from the Lions, Quintes Cephis, who was a part of that investigation. I helped him move into his new apartment. Dan he's an Atlanta local, so he's going to be down here training on his off time, and he talked about the punishment he talked about. He actually opened up and said the reason he got into gambling and how he was caught was he was injured and he wasn't playing.
Speaker 6: He was bored.
Speaker 7: He wanted to spend some of his time and it became an addiction for him. And he even felt like he felt something from it. And so I kind of felt bad for the guy, honestly, but he still didn't seem to grasp the policies. Again, we've talked about that on the show, but yeah, when we were talking, he just never really understood what he did wrong other than betting in the facility. So I just thought i'd share that. It was an eye opening story.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Andrew, Thanks for the phone call. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, we have a sponsorship with DraftKings. But I'm quick to point out I gambled for a while and it was an addiction. I got out. I survived. But you know, you have to talk about this because it does be come it can become an addiction. If you just have that in your DNA, you know, I have it in mind. If I'm going to do it, then I'm going to continue to do it. But you also have to understand what are my limitations here. People go to a casino. Imagine if you run a casino knowing people go there and they say I have this amount to lose, you already know the house is going to win because they're going in with that. That that's their motto, that's their rally, and hey, I got this amount to lose. Boy, if I'm the house, I certainly love that. But you're not going to beat You're not going to beat the NFL. You're not going to beat baseball, You're not gonna beat basketball. Everything is temporary. I mean, if you do win, you might win fifty three fifty four percent of the time. I mean, and you'll have runs you'll have streaks. I went seventeen consecutive bets that I want on football, and and you're all in.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I wasn't betting a lot. But if you're doing seventeen bets and I was betting one hundred or two hundred dollars, then all of a sudden you get up to three thousand and four thousand. You know, I was up to nine thousand dollars and I went all in on a three thousand dollars bet for a bowl game and I lost it. I lost thirty three hundred and that was it. It's the last bet I made. So when I talk about DraftKings or you want to get into fantasy any of those things, I try to give you full disclosure here just so you understand. That doesn't mean you're going to listen to what I'm saying. I hope you do, but if you do it, do it to enjoy it. You will not win, guaranteed will not win. Everything is temporary. Because I'm like, I killed it last year. It doesn't mean anything. When you go into the next year, you can you can win, but it's temporary. And when you lose and then you double up, and then you double up and then you're chasing. And when you chase, that's when you get yourself. Really you get to the depths of degradation. You're like, oh my god, how did I get here? I used to gamble, and they used to have this betting line. You could call up and get scores, and I would call even though I had already won the bet. I was so addicted to hearing that I had won the bet. I would call this eight hundred number just to hear the scores. I think it was called sports phone, and I would call just to hear that army had covered. So it gets into your system, into your DNA. Just understand it. Be careful everything in moderation. You can have fun with it, but understand what's at stake here. And I hope that these players and further players are going to understand what's at stake here because it's their career. The career. Imagine I've dreamed of being in the in the NFL, and then I'm not in the NFL, and then I get cut, i get suspended, and then you're trying to get back in. You may be branded for life, because unless you're really really good, there's a team that's not going to take a chance on you, especially if you bet on your team or teammate, as one player did with the Colts. So everything in moderation, just saying Jacob break. We'll get some more phone calls coming up. Will Ferrell will join us, coming up top the next hour, and we'll come back with the actor comedian Adam Devine back after this. Panadian America the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show the brand new NFT platform. It's available at NFT, NFT dot Paninamerica dot net. One of a kind digital cards here the Panini public auctions on the site, hottest rookies', biggest superstars, the all time greates, the official products of the NFL, NBA, fee for World Cup, UFC and collegiate sports collectors. Share your cards in the public gallery, complete challenges, earning exclusive award cards and more. Be sure to check out the newly released NFL and NBA prison packs and the Panini NFT platform new features coming next month and the only platform where you can win physical versions of your NFTs Panini NFT trading cards, giving you the opportunity to pull autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, even one of one, NFTs from every pack, NFT dot Panini America dot net, the official trading cards and NFTs of The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the Iheartrate your app at FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Ace of bass. Is that?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: This is mix a Lot? Oh? Oh he's basted. Oh that she wants a baby, She's gone tomorrow. Also a nineties song. Okay, all right, all right, this didn't make my rotation there. This is sir, mix a Lot you said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the private Seattle.
Speaker 9: Okay, right, my Ana Konda don't want no unless you got buns.
Speaker 1: Huh okay. That was everywhere in nineteen eighty two, so massive, massive song.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's an an.
Speaker 1: Uh? Adam Devine said to join us. He stars in The Outlaws on Netflix. That premiere is July seventh, and continues to star in The Righteous Gemstones on HBO. Max and Adam Devine, actor comedian, joining us on the program, How was your morning going? At him?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm Okay, Dan, thanks for asking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm hearing in the neighborhood there could be issues, so I just want to make sure everything's good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm doing Okay.
Speaker 11: My neighbor is doing some construction and I thought I might need to uh get violent, but I don't think so he's playing it cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you more famous than your neighbor?
Speaker 10: Did my uh that one? Yeah? I think he's an orthopedic surgeon.
Speaker 1: So well, you're always in a good mood. You're a funny guy, so he's more useful.
Speaker 10: I'm I might be more famous. He's definitely more useful.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but you could could you be mad? Where you with your face? As an actor like you're you're you're used to you know, fun guy.
Speaker 10: That's what I want.
Speaker 11: I want to get that role where everyone's like, oh, he's just an appable man. Everybody likes this guy, and then something clicks and I'm pas, uh, I'm they're not knocking my door down to give me that role.
Speaker 1: So, okay, actor, comedian or comedian actor, however you want to say it, you know, but how do you want me to say it?
Speaker 10: You know? Actor, a comedian it doesn't It really doesn't matter.
Speaker 11: I love being a comedian, so if if you say comedian actor, I'm perfectly happy.
Speaker 1: I was wondering how to freeze this, and my guys kept saying I was saying it wrong. You got a funny face from the standpoint of when you come on, I laugh, so that a is it a compliment? Or should I say it in a different way that you have a like Will Ferrell has a funny face when he's on Jack Black funny face.
Speaker 11: We all are inflicted with the same disease of funny face syndrome.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: I've had that my entire life, and there was a time that I thought I might do something else with my life. And then enough adults to me that I have a funny face. I'm like, I think I have to get into comedy. There's no other path for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, But is that a compliment or should I should I come up with a better way. It's not a compliment.
Speaker 11: No, I'm offended, but I'm playing it cool. Okay, No, it's okay, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Well, you make me laugh every time I see you, and then you come up on screen and you steal the scene.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you damn Yeah, no, I uh.
Speaker 10: I think another phrase for it is punishable face or they want to hit me.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you were in a fight.
Speaker 10: I just want to squish that face. It's it's been it's been a while now. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I I trained at this boxing gym here in Hollywood, and my first training partner was Randy Couture.
Speaker 10: Oh, the UFC fighter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: And he didn't take it easy on me. I think he didn't think I had a funny face. I think he thought I had a punishable face, and and it was for.
Speaker 1: Well, you could use comedy to disarm him.
Speaker 10: That's right. I could. I could have. I couldn't look up. I was just trying to duck and cover at that point.
Speaker 1: I want you to listen if I do a voiceover. You know you always have in a world, you know those guys. So if I'm going to promote the outlaws, mm hmm. Owen Browning is a straight linked bank manager about to marry the love of his life, Parker, when his bank is held up by the infamous ghost Bandits during his wedding week. He believes his future in laws, who just arrived in town, are the infamous outlaws.
Speaker 11: Dan, quit your job right now. I've got a gig for you. You are a voiceover assassin.
Speaker 10: My friend.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Phillison on the movie because Ellen Barkin and Pierce Brosnan play play your your intest.
Speaker 10: So they play they play my in laws. They come into town.
Speaker 11: I'm a bank man, I'm pretty buttoned up, and they're just wild. They come in wearing their cool leathers, having their cool faces, and they take me out. We party. I go skydiving, I get a tattoo. I'm like a ton of things I wouldn't do. I go into work the next morning. I'm talking to little rel who works for me at the bank, and I'm like, man, this is the best night of my life. My in laws are so great. I just I am a little hungover. I need a nice chill day here at work. Click click, there's a gun to my head and two people are robbing my bank. And as they leave, they say something that leads me to believe that that it's my in laws. And then they end up owing someone some money like in heat where they had like someone that cleans their.
Speaker 10: Money for them, and we stole it from me, and.
Speaker 11: They they owe this person like five million dollars, and that person kidnaps my fiance and now I have to team up with my in laws to try to get my fiance back.
Speaker 10: And that's that's really the movie.
Speaker 1: He's Adam Devine The Outlaws on Netflix, premiere is July seventh, and continues to be a star in The Righteous Gemstones on HBO Max. What do people say to you they see you on the street. What's the first thing that you know you're probably going to get?
Speaker 11: I mean, it depends on their age, if they're young, if they're I would say pitch Perfect probably the most. And then and then Workaholics and Modern Family is a close second. I would say, but I get I get a lot of people that are just like sing for me, singing like I'm trying to eat eggs. This this is omelet time. This isn't time for crooning.
Speaker 1: But but you you can sing, but pitch Perfect you have to sing.
Speaker 10: I do have to sing. Yeah, that's it's mandatory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, movies. But your love You and Rebel Wilson have become you know, like Sandler and Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 10: You know, we kind of I was just texting with Rebel this morning. Oh yeah, she's doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was the comedy that you saw and you go, this is what I want to do? Or was it stand up or was it a movie?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 11: It kind of wash and this maybe it's bad. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this. But when I was a kid, I watched Evening at the Improv.
Speaker 10: Do you remember that show?
Speaker 11: It It was just at the Improv here on Melrose in Hollywood, and they just had comics come up every night and they called it Evening and the Improv. They did like two hundred episodes of it, and when I was a kid, my dad loved watching it. And I remember watching it wasn't like the Chris Rocks or the like super famous people that for sure are going to go on and be icons in the in the business. It was the guys that weren't that good that I was like, well, I could do that. I can be I can be.
Speaker 10: Can be mediocre.
Speaker 11: And that's what inspired me. So I'm hoping my career inspires some other I could do that.
Speaker 1: If he can yeah, if he can do it.
Speaker 10: I can for ser do it.
Speaker 11: So it was that and then watching you know, I love Adam Sandler and Chris Farley, and that was kind of my generation of SNL people, And like what Sandler's been able to build making all these movies, casting his friends kind of keep pulling back to the the the talent well of all of his friends from SNL is kind of my dream.
Speaker 10: What I would like to end up doing. And the he dream come true was my producing partner on The Outlaws.
Speaker 1: So it really Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it was pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I've been in some Sandler movies. I do know this, Yes, yeah, I mean you may not know I'm that good of an actor that that was me in those movies?
Speaker 10: Which movie were it was?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 10: I might have just lied to you.
Speaker 1: I've been in twenty of them. At them.
Speaker 10: You've been in twenty of his movies.
Speaker 1: Grown Ups, grown Ups two? Just go with it, longest yard. Why is it I did my homework on you and you didn't do your homework on That's bullshit?
Speaker 10: Hey, well Dan, it's because I'm good. I'm about to do twenty five of these today. How many? How many interviews are you doing today?
Speaker 1: Twenty just you?
Speaker 3: Just you?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, all right, fair enough. How important is Nebraska football in your life.
Speaker 10: I mean, yes, they're the best. I love them. And national championships this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you could be nominated for an Academy Award or Nebraska could be in the national I don't what would you take.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm a selfish little prick, so I'm.
Speaker 11: Going to myself, but I respect that I'm going to take myself.
Speaker 10: But I mean, they've won titles a lifetime.
Speaker 1: But you weren't even born then.
Speaker 10: I was born. I was a young boy, but I was there.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that was like right when I had just moved my family moved to Omaha in nineteen ninety four, and that was kind of that was the start of our real run.
Speaker 1: And Tommy Frasier, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I didn't know we could lose. I was like, this is just how it goes.
Speaker 11: Moved to the big city of Omaha, Nebraska, and your your college football team just wins.
Speaker 1: Did you drive by Warren Buffett's house.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah yeah, and you look at it and you go, I could do that.
Speaker 1: I know I could buy that.
Speaker 10: I could buy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Good luck with the Outlaws, good luck with the Righteous Gemstones. And once again, when your face comes on camera, it's not a funny face. You just are funny when there's a compliment in there somewhere. And look when we hang up, and then you say to your publicist, what an ass? Did you hear what he said?
Speaker 10: Okay, my publicists, Yeah, he's not in his head, yes right.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. He's like, yeah, funny, Hey, thank you, great to talk to you, Adam, Thank you so much, Dan, Adam divine. Okay, I said this yesterday. When I see his face, it makes me laugh. He's got a funny face. All right, go ahead, critique, let's go who it's.
Speaker 4: Like, because I know where we're trying to get with it. But it's like, because he does he has a when he could be telling me about his dog dying, and I would be kind of like, yeah, right, you know, because as he just he has there are people who have faces like that that just immediately are like, Okay, this is gonna be funny. But it doesn't mean that he's funny looking.
Speaker 1: He has a funny face, Jack Black, funny face when they come on. Okay, maybe the problem is there's a better way to give him a compliment, how though, I don't know, you know, I could have done it in a long winded way. Hey, whenever you come up on camera, I laugh, and then I could have left it at that. But he does have a like Will Ferrell when he comes on camera, I laugh automatically. Yes, Mark, can.
Speaker 8: You say that to a woman, because there's a comedian who I think of whenever I see her face, I'm ready to laugh.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that is Rachel Dradge. Oh yeah, okay, Saturday Night Live. Yep, Yeah, funny yep. Yeah.
Speaker 9: But you have to say, I guess you look like someone that's about to say something funny. That's I know, it's a long winded way of saying it. This way, they don't feel like you're saying they're funny looking or you're laughing at what their face shape or structure looks like. Just to look at certain people, it's like this person looks like they're about to say something.
Speaker 1: Do you think he took out it as a compliment?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: No, But you were charming enough and explained it enough where I think you guys are cool with each other. I don't think he's got a problem with.
Speaker 1: You, order Marvin, Do you think that Adam Devine took that as a compliment.
Speaker 8: Oh, as a matter of fact, I don't jerk.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think we all would like to think we're some level of good looking in this life to some level, whether we're a five or a six. You can't be Brad Pitt or John hann.
Speaker 1: Who thinks they're better than a six. Face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seatan, I think I have it in me, but I'm probably about thirty pounds from that in me. I'm probably about thirty pounds from See. I never had it in me. I never I never had it where I go. Oh, you know what I think in the mid nineties doing Sports Center, I think I had it. Yeah, I had it for like three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not like, I'm not uncomfortable with the way I look, but I'm just fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I you know, i'd say I'm a seven. I'm gonna go seven. I got solid seven maybe maybe uh maybe eight during my Sports Center day, you know, solid job. You said you don't know if.
Speaker 3: You had it in you just checked.
Speaker 1: Yourself up to an eight, but you could get you could get back there. I can't. I can't get back to those Sports Center das. Shredded. What are you talking about? Yeah, shredded wheat. Yeah, oh, I just saw this, Jeff Van Gundy let go. Let me see, I just got this from Todd Boy. So New York Post is reporting ESPN is letting go around twenty on air personalities in efforts to say tens of millions of dollars. So Jeff Van Gundy had been there sixteen years with Mike Breen and Mark Jackson. You know what, let me take a break. Welcome back, uh Neil Everett who was let go by the Mothership. He had been there twenty years doing the late night Sports Center. He'll join us in the final hour of the show. Will Ferrell at the top of the hour to let us know if he's all in going to doublin with us, So we'll take a break or back after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 12: Paully Fosco here with Tony Fusco Yo. Of course, you know us as the host of the number one rated show in all of Sports Docs, The Polly and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 12: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is.
Speaker 1: Why Yeah, Instead of us doing.
Speaker 12: That, let's just let on millions of fans do the darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play the tape you.
Speaker 3: Don't know crap about four own this crap.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 12: That's the wrong tape, wrong tape.
Speaker 3: Just forget that.
Speaker 12: Look, listen to the Polly of Tony Pusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Your cookout playlist. Would this play in the backyard at your cookout?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, would not No.
Speaker 8: But you know what, we were talking about songs when like if a movie came out right now and you would flash back to nineteen ninety seven, Yeah, this song might be playing in the background this or like Fine Young Cannibals.
Speaker 1: By the way, we were just looking at the new trailer for Liam Neeson movie Retribution, and basically it's kind of like a takeoff of Speed where you can't slow down in his car and there's a bomb in the car and if you go if he slows down. I don't know why they didn't call it don't slow Down instead of Retribution, because when you're watching it, you're gonna be yelling don't slow down. You're not gonna yell retribute. Retribution sounds like wwe don't.
Speaker 4: Do people yell the name of the movie back at the screen?
Speaker 1: No, but they might yell that you don't want him to.
Speaker 2: Don't slow down?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, don't slow down. He's being told don't slow down, or get out, get out, get get out. Have you ever yelled at the movie screen when you're in a theater? Have you ever said something where you're actually waiting for somebody to, you know, talk back to you there? No? Yes?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 9: Eby what's on a horror movie?
Speaker 1: And you don't relate to saying why are you going behind the ball? I know, yeah, I know. By the way, first I'm ever in NASCAR hitting the streets of Chicago. Don't miss all the action Sunday on NBC and Peacock im Neeson's new movie Retribution.
Speaker 4: See the point is, isn't like it's not that he can't slow down, though he can stop moving, he just has to do what the guy says, and then the car. The car is wired to explode at any time that the person wants it to.
Speaker 1: So it's not really like, oh, if you go below twenty five miles an hour, okay, then I then I sit corrected. Then it shouldn't be don't slow down, retrou it should be retrotribution.
Speaker 9: That's very flea.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tom Alejandro in Portland, let us dis Lenis snow Chest.
Speaker 3: No, don't tell me something. Come on, it's early on my side.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Benis Diaz Bennis snow Chest.
Speaker 3: All right, So first of all, I want to thank all of you for doing such a great job. You guys waked up in the morning and he has to make my day super fantastic. And the other thing is I have a new T shirt idea because I fell into the patrick realm.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, my youngest daughter got married a few weeks ago, and I was like, I'm not going to cry. I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna pull it down, I'm not gonna cry. I cried the entire way walking her down the aisle, and it was outside, and I was like, I'm crying like that, and then I have to give a speech you know how the speech goes. I cried the entire time.
Speaker 1: I love it. Thank you, Alejandro. I appreciate that you don't have nightmares about this. I have three daughters. They're not married, two might be getting married, you know, in the next year or so. And I have nightmares of walking down the aisle and actually crying, not tears, like being loud sobbing as I walked down the aisle. And I don't know if there's something that maybe I could be hypnotized, maybe I could be uh med, you know, have meds that that would help me. So I'm not sure. I'm not sure, but I do have nightmares about that because I don't want to take away from my daughter and the wedding. But I am going to be so.
Speaker 4: Bad, like you cry so much that now it's about you. Yes, that's that's a yes. You don't want to find yourself in that territory. And I'm thinking of bringing my son up when I have.
Speaker 1: To give a speech at the reception, where he will then he'll be the guy who interprets what I'm trying to say. He'll just say what my dad is trying to say is and then I'll try again and then he'll come in and he'll be my closer. He's my Trevor Hoffman, my Marianna Rivera.
Speaker 8: Yes, mar were you a big crier before you had kids?
Speaker 1: No? No, because my wife was like, what's the deal with you know crying? And I go, I don't know. It just happened. Now I can't stop, can't stop. By the way, I mentioned this before we went to break, ESPN has let go Jeff Van Gundy. He had been there sixteen years covering the NBA with Mark Jackson and Mike Breen. They are according to The New York Post Andrew Marshawan, ESPN's letting go around twenty on air personalities in an effort to save tens of millions of dollars. Yet Jalen Rose just got released, Is that right, Paul Yeah?
Speaker 5: From Andrew Marshand of the New York Post.
Speaker 1: Oh manh JJ, Reddick, Doors Sperk, Richard Jefferson most likely candidates to replace Jeff Van Gundy. Doc Rivers could be an outside choice as well, because his salary demands are offset by what the Sixers still owe him. Doc Rivers very close with Mike Breen. So wow, okay, I haven't been there in a long long time. But they're still a lot of people I know, And I always felt bad for the people behind the scenes because nobody mentions them. They don't get a victory lap. It's just like, hey, thanks, that's it. And what happens is we'll move on from this eventually, and then there'll be a new wave that comes in and then they'll get good, and then their salaries get up to a certain level. So the better you are, the more likely it is you would lose your job. So you can be mediocrens keep your job. And I have friends who were really good and were dedicated and spent a couple of decades there, and they got to a point where their salary was expendable. They were too good. They made too much money. Final Hour coming up, Gonna have a good time. Will Ferrell's going to join us coming up. He'll let us know is he joining us in Dublin. Also, Neil Everett spent twenty years at the Mothership. Will stop by as well. Hour Meet Friday coming up,