Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: Here we are listener Q and A time.
Speaker 3: I like to start now with some like comments notes that y'all write in when you don't have a question to ask.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna start with Katie from California.
Speaker 3: She wants to say to you, Amy that we are also proud of you and you've been through a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we start with commments and you know, good energy.
Speaker 4: Well, I like that.
Speaker 3: Clint said two of the most amazing women I've never met.
Speaker 4: Oh, we love it, saying amazing he hasn't met us yet, that's true.
Speaker 2: Scott from Florida's that we're both gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, like.
Speaker 2: Really hype up. I love our listeners.
Speaker 3: And then this is this is a saying that I keep saying because it's on the internet, but fully Bay from NYC said, if not friend, why friends shaped? Which I like to say about bears and lions and stuff because they look like a friend but they're not actually a friend.
Speaker 2: So it's like, if not friend, why friend shaped?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I've ever seen that before. Okay.
Speaker 3: TikTok piktag is where that really In the comments of TikTok videos is where that's happening.
Speaker 2: All right, we're diving in.
Speaker 3: Andrea from Massachusetts wants to know your favorite alone time activity or self care.
Speaker 4: Let's see. I used to love baths, and the wild thing to me is I haven't been taking them at all. I didn't went to go run one the other day and I was like, Eh, I don't want to do this. But I've been building fires a lot at the house I like and just sitting in front of the fire with my cat. That is a mood and a book. So I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good self care activity. Does Maggie like the fire? I catch really love he she loves it.
Speaker 4: Okay, she'll go sit in the chair. Like I have a chair that I pull right up to it. And if I'm not sitting in it for a minute, if I get up, and maybe she wasn't in the chair. The minute I'm up, she has she's over there and she's sitting in the chair by the fire. It's cute.
Speaker 3: Oh when cars over at your house? Does she like the fires or is she afraid of those cars?
Speaker 4: Doesn't care? Just got Maggie bros over. Yeah, cars not No, I feel like the fire kind of makes car hot. Yeah, sort of tends to get away. But Maggie likes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. Most of the time, I've seen cats in front of fires more than I've seen dogs.
Speaker 4: So that fires maybe have replaced my baths.
Speaker 2: I like it in books. Are you reading a book right now?
Speaker 4: But if I took a bath, i'd you know, read the book or.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's really the fire has replaced you have gone from water to fire.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that for you.
Speaker 4: Maybe that means something.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sarah wants to know how we deal with body dysmorphia.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, that's a that's a tough one. And I think it's well. Without knowing somebody, it's hard to know their background, what they're dealing with, the specific thoughts they have.
Speaker 3: But like, for you, how do you like when it kind of comes approaching how well I.
Speaker 4: Did years, years and years of work getting over there's body dysmorphia involved, but a full blown eating disorder, and I think for everybody it's so different. I feel like this is even though I host a podcast outweigh like a life without disordered eating outways everything, but I've started it with a registered dietitian that focuses on body image, eating disorders, and even therapy Cat She's a therapist in town that specializes in eating disorders as well, And so I feel like anytime I talk about it, I have an expert by my side, because I never I definitely don't put myself in that category, and everybody's experience with it is so different. I feel like mine was more eating disorder related binging and purging, and so something that worked for me was a book called Brain over Binge, and it was literally rewiring my brain for that particular behavior. And so I think similarly with thoughts that we have, there's room to rewire our brains and how we see ourselves and being thankful for our bodies and what they can do. But also it's more difficult for some people because literally they can't see it, so like they're not there yet, And I think it takes a lot of work and can look different ways for different people. I can tell with my rambling that get I just get nervous not knowing someone in their full story and not understanding how I can come alongside and help them other than just encouraging them to be proactive and being self aware is amazing, Like if you're aware that you have body dysmorphia, that is a huge step because some people aren't even aware. And I think that that is going to serve you in being proactive to seek out the tools to then get help, because it's just not as simple sometimes as saying like, well, just look in the mirror and love yourself and know you know, the mantras like I am worthy, I am worthy, I am beautiful, I love my body. That's not going to really get anywhere unless at the core you can do things to where you truly start to believe it. And I do think there is something to acting as if, and that's part of the rewiring of the brain, acting as if you already love your body. But depending on how deep the wound is, it's hard to get there or what the root causes. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, And you know, Amy has more experience with this than I do. I think my more experience is that, you know, as someone who's super short and very more athletically build, that's always been a struggle for me, right, Like my body type was not represented in the media and magazines and movies and anything like that. So some things that I've done that have allowed me to shift that mindset of being like, I am not what the world wants to see. I make sure that I follow accounts on social media like Instagram. One that I follow is the female Lead. They're always posting very like people who are talking about how all of our bodies have differences and how you like just seeing that other people struggle in the same ways I do really help me. And having that constantly in my feed against you know, we want to we want to see all the cool stuff too, but having something in your feed to constantly remind you like, also, you're still human and you're normal, even though you're seeing like the Kardashians on Instagram, who are all beautiful, But if you're seeing them and you're comparing yourself, this can be a good way to have something else in your feed that can help counterbalance that if you're comparison, like comparing in that way, because that's something I do. Like, you know, I see photos online of celebrities or stuff and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dang, my arms are so much bigger I have.
Speaker 3: Really, my legs are huge, and I'm my little tummy, Like there's so many things that I can nitpick by seeing a photo of somebody else. So by allowing yourself to have content in your feed that isn't constantly that will help and will help give you reminders maybe when you need it, especially because social media is a big part of where that's coming from. Another thing that like I do is I've focused on making sure that I feel strong and healthy right, Like I feel my best when I am eating what is good for my body and when I am working out and feeling strong. So when I don't do those things right, if I'm like, oh, I'm too busy or whatever, I start to get down on myself because I'm not feeling like I'm doing enough for myself.
Speaker 2: But when I'm doing those things for me, it feels better to be existing in my body, like I'm taking care of my body for me. So those two things are things that I've done to.
Speaker 3: Counterbalance the constant flow of things showing us that we're not good enough, Like put stuff in your feed that will also make you feel good. If you want to follow people that are super beautiful and whatever, I think that's amazing. But if you feel this way, have stuff in your feed that can help you counterbalance that.
Speaker 2: And then on top of that, like find what works for you to make you feel healthy and strong. And when you feel healthy and strong, your mind starts to feel healthy and strong. It's all connected.
Speaker 3: And so for me, that's eating what's good for my body, and that's going to the gym and lifting weight or punching a bag or doing hot yoga. Maybe yours is like Amy, she loves to go on walks, Like find the thing that can help you feel good in your body, and the more that you're doing that and those activities also are going to help your mind just by doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Is that any of that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, And I think just to speak to sometimes not knowing someone's full story, it might be that you need to do less. Yeah, So it might mean that you need to yeah, or going for a walk or something might be helpful, But it might be that you need to be still. You might oftentimes if you are struggling in a certain way, you might be overdoing it. Yeah, And sometimes being still in sitting with yourself might be way more impactful for you than a workout or totally. So that's where it's just like sometimes like, oh shoot, yeah, you could like sit down and like know more of the story and come alongside. But I feel like, yeah, those are encouraging things, and what are you exposing yourself to? And something that Kat therapy Cow says often is, you know, not even just with body stuff, but any thoughts that you're having about a situation or yourself is what are the facts? So you might be saying something about yourself, but what evidence do you have to build this case that you're the way you look is blah blah bla, Like what are the facts? And what do people enjoy about you that have nothing to do with how you look? And you can focus on those things like or if you do you feel like if you looked different that you would people are gonna like you less or more. I mean it's just like hopefully you have a good core group of people where your answer to that would be like, well, no, I feel like they'd like me the same. But yeah, well the thoughts can be brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you don't like That's why I say it's so important watching what the content you're consuming, like listen, content is our entire lives. It doesn't matter if you do what Amy and I do for a living, or if you're sit at a nine to five.
Speaker 2: Content is a part of everybody's life.
Speaker 3: You're consuming it one way or another, so you get to have control over that and that helps a lot of your process. I've noticed that when I see more people that look like me. This is why representation has always mattered.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: When I see more people that look like me, I feel better and I feel like, okay that you know I'm not alone in this or that person is like me. So what you're consuming also has played such a heavy role that I don't think we realize either. You know, for however, you're dealing with it, So just find what is the balance.
Speaker 2: For you, much like Amy sing, yeah, good luck. And this is why Amy has a.
Speaker 3: Whole, whole whole podcast about all of this because it's so important. Okay, we're gonna take a break and we got to talk about the kids.
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: We got Christine from Canada, she's from Ontario. Wants to know what hobbies the kids are into now.
Speaker 4: Well, Stevenson just made the track team, which is really cool. And then Sta shares on the softball team. So between school and yeah, for to share between school and softball. She doesn't have much space for anything else. She was doing dance, but we press pause on that because softball's picked up and gotten a little bit busy. And then Stevenson's school.
Speaker 2: And wow, and they both love those sports.
Speaker 4: Video gaming at home on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the first time Stevenson's ever done track. So he's in sixth grade, so this is his first team sport where he's a part of something. And I guess track's weird because you're on the track team, but you're also you're running individually. I don't know yet what he's going to race, like if he's doing an individual race or he'll be doing a relay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're still part of a team like your school team.
Speaker 4: Yeah TVD But yeah, they're both liking it a lot exciting.
Speaker 3: Okay, Katie from Texas would like to know what you and you probably don't have an answer for this, but maybe it comes to something what you would have named your kids based on the personality knowing them now.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, I know that's a hard one.
Speaker 2: I didn't really give you a heads up on that until like think on it.
Speaker 4: So we also came back because I mean, yeah, well, I feel like Ben and I always thought if we had a boy, we were gonna name him Lincoln and call him Link for short. I don't. We just always liked that. Yeah, Ben was uh, I think it's Air Force Academy. Is some guy they called Link? And then Link reminds me of Hairspray in the movie play.
Speaker 2: Isn't his name Link?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure zach Avron's character is named Link. Oh okay, I'll keep talking, all I got it, So I guess that. And Stashira Gosh, I mean, now she has two names because she's Stashi and then at school she likes to go by Diamond.
Speaker 4: She chose that for herself. Good question. I always thought maybe I name my kid Elizabeth, but she has I added that as one of her middle names. But I like boy names for girls too, so maybe something like Ryan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Something that can be like okay, kind of how like my my sister and I named are name Morgan and Taylor and both of those can be boys boys? Yep, yeah like that okay, yes, and yes Link is his name. In Hairspray, Zach Afron's character is named Link. Okay, But speaking of the name changed with a Stashira Lauren from Texas wants to know how Stephen about her name change and if he now wants to like change.
Speaker 4: His I don't think he really knows, because she only goes by it at school. Okay, it's not reason why she doesn't or I don't know. She just like I just she was starting a new school and that's what she wanted to do, and so we're like, okay, well, how can we support you? And so it's really just at school. Everywhere else she is Stashira.
Speaker 2: And she doesn't mind that staff shares her name every.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we call her that, and it's like okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Stevenson likely does not know.
Speaker 4: Yeah he hasn't he knows. Sometimes I think he'll hear me say something like, well, how is Diamond's day, and then we'll transition once she gets home from school, after I check in on how Diamond was at school, then we move on just to share it at night. But no, he hasn't made it a thing. Of course, I could see how as a sibling that would be a thing of like, well, she gets to change her name, I want to change mine, but he hasn't said anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, Well those are our our kiddo questions. We'll come back. We have a few other ones. I'll be done, all right. Syria originally from Texas, Banal lives in Utah. I would like to know your biggest challenge right now. We got the hard hitting questions this week.
Speaker 4: My biggest challenge right now. I think that I personally go in and out of times where I feel really secure in what I do and what I'm doing, and I feel inspired. And I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. I don't know, disenchanted is the word for sure, for sure, but just sort of like nah, and I don't feel like inspired. So that leads to thoughts of what am I even doing and who even cares? Attitude? And I don't want to live that way, and I don't want to encourage other people to be that way. But I think everyone ebbs and flows out of that, especially as a creative, just having those moments. And I'm in one of those, but I'm trying to get out of it. So that's a challenge right now. I'm again back to that awareness saying I'm thankful, I'm aware of it, and that I'm going to be proactive about getting out of it, not through therapy, with less therapy. But it's not even something that I think I need to even dig into pretty deep. I think it's just it happens. There's different seasons where you just don't feel inspired, and then other seasons where so many ideas are coming to you and it's feeling good, you feel connected, You're like, yes, let's do this. And then like when I was doing the lives like live podcasts for four Things, I would go on stage and I had this feeling that comes over me. I love connecting with people in that way, and I am just like I was born for this, Like this feels comfortable for me. And we were talking about doing some this year and even last year. I mean, I've pressed paused on it multiple times just because of different things in life. But I just said on the call of it was like, I don't know if I couldn't imagine if I needed to put together a show right now, I don't even know what in the world I would say or talk about, Like I can't imagine putting that together. And that was a bummer to hear myself say that. So that's been a challenge of like, I don't I want to connect with people in that way. I want to do that, I really really do. So the challenge is working through some of those some of the lies that I have in my head, and then also trying to get inspired.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's super relatable and understandable because just as you were talking about, like, yeah, yes, keep.
Speaker 2: Saying that because it is.
Speaker 3: That's just part of seasons of life, which are also hard to come to terms with sometimes too, because we think we're supposed to kind of be robots and it's just always supposed to work and makes sense, and you're supposed to be able to go one hundred percent all the time.
Speaker 2: That's just not the case.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no. So, and I have a Mastermind group with some girls, and so I know it's common. And these were women that I look up to and I feel like they've I would ask them advice on anything, and I love their content and I love the stuff they put out. And there's times on the call where sometimes that's there. They're like, I don't even know, no idea, what are we even doing? Who cares? I don't, you know? Yeah, So it is comforting to hear someone else say it, so I hope maybe by me.
Speaker 2: Sharing that, no, it definitely will be. That's like, you know, that's why somebody was asking.
Speaker 3: All right, Jennifer from Oklahoma wants to know if we could join any active TV cast, which one would it be and why? Now?
Speaker 2: Active is the keyword?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm gonna have you asked that a second because I was looking at disenchanted because I'm like, is that the word? I don't know? Let me see disan chanin is disappointed by someone or something previously respected, admired. I don't know that it's dis chanted because I had no one has let me down that has led me to this, So it's probably more just neh. Is that where I.
Speaker 2: Meant a lot?
Speaker 3: I'm like like, sometimes people be like, how are you da, I'm like, meh, that's a response. I mean just kind of like no is a complete sentence.
Speaker 2: Met is the one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's disappointed with it or something and no longer believe that it is good or worthwhile, So I guess it would sort of fit. But I guess deep down I know it is good and worthwhile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not me, so it's more meh you're just yeah, this is a good way of putting it.
Speaker 4: So I'm okay, Well back to.
Speaker 3: TV cast active one, so not one one that's active right now, which is tough.
Speaker 4: Golly, I've been watching Fargo that's not active right now.
Speaker 2: But okay, we'll say, we'll say that was active in the last five.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to be in that. Man, it's intense. The Fargo season five. Yikes. I really liked it, though. How about we because act is hard, Okay, I'll pick Morning show is still act Yeah on Apple? Yeah, hm hmm, that's a good too. That's an active one where I would do that. What about you? And I'm gonna google current TV shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I did have a current one, it would have been like ted Lasso. Ted Lasso feels berry like something I could fall into. There's also a few like TV shows that I've been watching. It's hard because I feel like I could fit more movies than TV shows that I've watched recently.
Speaker 2: That's probably because I've been watching.
Speaker 4: More movies not active. I'm gonna be on Friends.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Where would you fall in the characters like who would be your closest character.
Speaker 2: Phoebe or seeing smell like.
Speaker 4: Jennifer or it's not. I guess Jennifer Aniston would be Monica. No Monica, Rachel, sorry Rachel. I could be any of them. Maybe not Monica because I'm not OCD.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say I'd fallen Monica for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, see, I'd be or Phoebe.
Speaker 3: Love that Skelly Caat maybe got a sing smell like cat one day? Yeah active, I think it'd be ted Lasso and that's still active because it's technically still still in the final year. But non active it's done though, Yeah, it's done third season, but like people are still watching it for the first time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 3: Non active probably New Girl. I would totally play Chess and I would I would crush that.
Speaker 4: It's a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be it. Okay. Last one.
Speaker 3: Sarah from Tennessee wants to know your current favorite version of Toast and if we ever went out together.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh Toast, Well, I can tell you the toast a yesterday was a cinnamon raisin bread. Okay, the Ezekiel. I love Ezekiel. Bread. I get the one in the red bag, which I don't that's sort of plain. But then the purple bag is cinnamon raisin, and I have both bags in my freezer right now. But yesterday I did the cinnamon raisin toast folded out, and I did butter, and then I did this freshly grated parmesan that I got from Whole Foods the other day. That's like so good. It's really sharp and raw.
Speaker 2: Love a sharp cheese.
Speaker 4: Yes, it tastes like there's salt on there, because I love putting salt on my toast, but this parmesan is so salty you don't need the salt. So that's what I had. And I know that sounds like a weird concoction, but it's like that salty sweet thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: So it was sinner and raisin toast, butter parmesan.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: That's a fun concoction. You really do have a lot of different toast spurry.
Speaker 4: Toast every day every day. It is weird if I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously it before you come into work or out when you get home.
Speaker 4: It depends.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm to say that's another thing I'm bad at, Like I can't eat in the morning. I don't get up in enough time to like make a meal before you go into work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say because of our job, it's easier to grab a bar or something when you're walking out the door, for sure.
Speaker 2: But lunchbox is always like I've made I had breakfast. I'm like, how how I don't I barely.
Speaker 3: Got up in time to like get ready to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, he rolls out of bed, so that's true.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, And no, we haven't gone out together yet though, like we we've had a lot of our girl chats like at workers because that's just been what like life is.
Speaker 2: But we will. We will go out together. It will happen.
Speaker 4: You could come to the dinner tonight, that would be out.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: But I already said no, and I don't have a ticket. I had to like say no like two days ago before I knew any of this.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, thank I know. And that's because means because I've been home.
Speaker 2: But that's not our that's.
Speaker 4: Not our out organ is out all the time.
Speaker 2: We have to do our out out though, like that's just out. We have to do our out out like.
Speaker 4: We have to go sit at a bar or something. What was the deal? I can't even remember.
Speaker 2: Now, we got to like a fancy like happy hour.
Speaker 4: Sit at a bar and like see if there's anybody there to talk to.
Speaker 2: Prowl a little bit maybe, okay, or we just hang.
Speaker 4: Out hanging out with you. I don't know that I'm good at being on the prom Oh.
Speaker 2: That's just the only wird I could come up with at the moment. Okay, we are done. Amy, Tell the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good.
Speaker 4: Stuff at Radio Amy on Instagram and four Things with Amy Brown podcast Love every Thursday and every Tuesday. Episodes go up.
Speaker 3: Yes I love it, and you can go follow the show at Bobby Bone Show and myself at web Girl Morgan.
Speaker 2: Amy, thanks for joining.
Speaker 4: Me, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll see y'all next weekend.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: Bobby Bone Show and follow at
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode,