Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fans, betting on the game.
Speaker 4: No woman's gonna tell us what you can not.
Speaker 3: Be over here, just drinking beer and making that baby. I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Bro, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to episode three hundred and eighteen, a Busting with the Boys, but the first episode with our brand new America's number one sports book presenting sponsor fan dual sports book. You want to say, You say youssay.
Speaker 1: Yous, say you Us say God.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, America's favorite podcast. So Just the Boys Being Boys is now partnered with America's number one sportsbook. It's crazy to say. I feels easy to say. Bro.
Speaker 4: I want you to maybe check your six real quick bus is looking a little different right now.
Speaker 2: Bat some signage down. We got new ones up. The FanDuel Sports Book is back there. We're looking a little naked on the bus, but uh, we're fired the fuck up, man, We're fired up. We're gonna be doing a lot of cool shit with FanDuel. We're gonna be going to a lot of you know, speaking of all the tent pole events. We're gonna be doing a lot of things behind the scenes with FanDuel. Be on the lookout for all that stuff. But Boosting with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Boosting with the Boys is on the horizon, dude. It's gonna be unbelievab when the tent pole things you're talking about, like the access the Boys are going to get we should not be allowed to get. It is gonna be awesome. The vlogs are gonna be better, the content is gonna be better, The opportunities that present themselves are going to get better. It is gonna be all Should.
Speaker 2: We tell them about our first promotion, you ahead and Busting with the Boys know what the people know to boost them with the Boys' first promotion, Busting with the Boys is teaming up with FanDuel to create Boosting with the Boys. Every customer on FanDuel gets a shot to boost their parlay winnings this week with a Boosting with the Boys parlay profit boost starting with the slate of games on Tuesday, March forward, that is today as you are currently listening, that is today, you can make a parlay on any sport and boost your winnings by fifty percent. We will also be making a parlay for Tuesday Slate, which will be featured on the FanDuel Sportsbook app. So it's easy for all the boys to tail us or fadus. I started off very tough to be fair, Maybe fade possibly faith possibly for either way, you get to see what we pick. So you can either tail the boys or you can fade us.
Speaker 4: Because the world knows that the boys are kind of walking into uncharted territory for busting with the boys. We're not sure what's really going on out here, but we're gonna make the most of it. Dive into the analytics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know they.
Speaker 4: Always say beginner's luck. Maybe you don't tail us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I obviously I went with the Brass over the weekend. That was heartbreaking. I also went with the Missoo. That album was also heartbreaking, So who knows, who knows? I got my eyes on we have to win against Ohio State, so I got my eyes on that one. That one is tonight. Also, I'm just you gotta go with what you know. I'm gonna lean on the boys. JP with the Game Cocks Jack with Tennessee by the way, massive game winning shot for Tennessee, Massive game winning shop for Tennessee. Michigan.
Speaker 4: You guys are a top fifteen but apparently, yeah, I'm fired up about that. I saw a little stat the other day. Actually, Michigan football, hockey, baball and basketball. We've just dominated a house state. It's not a big deal. It's it's kind of like the norm now for us. Best wanted to this is the news.
Speaker 2: I almost started to go crazy because Nebraska baseball was up on LSU and LIS She's the number two team in the country. We were up like five oh quick, and I almost just started going crazy on the internet. Fortunately I stood down because LSU came back and beat us.
Speaker 4: I will say this about LSU one time I've had the luxury of going to one of those games. It might as well be like the Finals or whatever they call it there.
Speaker 2: It's a baseball college me the world the World Series.
Speaker 4: Because it is there, they get after it, yessoute, And it doesn't have to be just college sports.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's the hottest most popular topic right now. There is UFC coming up this weekend. But wait, there's more. There will also be a boosting with the Boys Parlay Profit boost going live tomorrow. In another one this Friday, be sure to follow us for all the details on that, and make sure you're following us on X and Twitter, because we will be doing a bonus bet giveaway for FanDuel customers who are using the bus and boost.
Speaker 4: And if you're not a FanDuel customer yet, new customers get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when your first five dollars bet wins. Visit FanDuel dot com slash bus and that's FanDuel dot com slash bus and to download America's number one sportsbook and use your boost them with the Boys Parlay. Profit boost links are going to be in the episode description.
Speaker 5: Twenty one plus and present in select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino or eighteen plus and present in DC opt in required bonus issued as not on withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler or visit RG dash help dot com call one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org slash chat in Connecticut. Hope is here Gambling Helpline MA dot org or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support. In Massachusetts, visit www dot MD gamblinghelp dot organ Maryland, call one eight seven seven eight Hope NY or text Hope NY four six seven three sixty nine.
Speaker 1: In New York.
Speaker 4: You go to this interface, you check out everything that FANDL has to offer. You want to know how your bets are going, but you're sitting at church or sitting somewhere and you don't really want people to know. Go in, click your lockscreen. Fandel now has the capability for you to click your home button and all your bets right then and there are able to show them all four years right. It is incredible. Now, these these little parlays are going to be spicy. These fifty percent profit boost tokens gotta be plus one hundred dollars. We can't get crazy, go moving the line in a whole bunch of different ways. It's very difficult to make a three leg parlay and not making at least plus one hundred. But you know, little fine print there gotta have plus one hundred. Boys, how do we feel? How are we feeling about FanDuel sportsbook in our lives right now?
Speaker 2: That felt good, sponsors felt good. I love the color blue.
Speaker 4: Love the color blue. Hey, and it looks going to you right now, let's go behind you. Looks good in your eyes. Fantastic.
Speaker 6: It's the perfect time. It is the perfect You couldn't ask for a better time to partner with the best sportsbook. Right before March Madness, right before the Masters in April, NBA Finals, in June, Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 4: Whispers of the Derby Derby talks going on right now? Huh, boys all dressed the nine three piece suits, fun hats, maybe corn cob pipes. It's gonna be electric, electric March Madness.
Speaker 6: That's the one in this weekend was the perfect example. Why Yeah, Tennessee Vanderbilt both getting buzzer beat and it is we're going to see soda and Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Hurt.
Speaker 6: I think this is gonna be the best March Madness we've ever had because we've never had this many good teams, this many teams close to each other. And Missouri could easily beat an Auburn or a Florida duke could beat anybody these teams on the West Coast, they could beat anybody, and I feel like we have not had this many high level teams in college basketball in a long time.
Speaker 2: That fires me up because obviously we're kind of blockheads when it comes to college basketball. Absolutely, our first crack at it was last year with March Madness. That was a shitload of fun. I'm a massive fan of like first attend them little like live, bet them life prop bets. But uh, because JP's saying that, I'm like sitting here interested, why is it? Why could this shape up to be the best March Madness of all time? Because I feel like every year you start to get that itch, like back in high school when you'd be on the ESPN whatever whatever app had where you could have all the group tournaments and you're like putting in fifty of them just to see like the percentage that is still left that's alive. Like it's like, hey, you're in the top, you know, ten percent left, it's still alive in a perfect bracket.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to I'm excited to hit the bracket. I'm excited to possibly some whispers going on about the bust with the boys doing a couple of streams. Maybe during March Madness checking out those games. And I love the thought process of live betting, the first attends, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Just keep it.
Speaker 4: Everybody dialed in. It's gonna be a hell of a time.
Speaker 7: Are we gonna do a bracket challenge? I have to Yeah, I have to gotta with bets. Yeah, FanDuel, now we should do We should do a challenge and maybe a punishment nothing, no shaved heads?
Speaker 4: He comes, Yeah, we should punishment. Okay, well, off the top of your head, what's the punishment?
Speaker 2: M taser? We did find out the tasers worked. Mitch had his boys in town. If you were listening last week, we got hustled by somebody coming in and sell us these flashlight tasers. They are incredible. But we found out over the weekend that they do work because Mitch's boy there a little sauced up and they started tasing each other. I guess, I don't know, you know, I mean, you know, dudes?
Speaker 8: Are they my My one buddy, Mike found it and then I showed him how to how to make it work, and I accidentally taste my hand and then he found out, oh, this ship actually hurts. So I'm gonna just terrify everybody with it and just run around and he he cornered foul, not.
Speaker 4: Foul, and like, no, not sweet foul dude.
Speaker 8: But no, he tased me. He tased me in the leg and I still have a mark. And he did that Friday. So those tasers definitely work and they definitely hurt.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: Ship, Well, we had a we had a week at least to decide on punishments before they get brackets.
Speaker 4: Submitted those things.
Speaker 2: Down there, maybe you know, for our sake, maybe some scouting. Yeah, the SEC tournament is in Nashville. Maybe you should because I'm a good thought in the SEC conference is like this is the best conference. This is the best the conference has been in forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they haven't won a national championships and Evan, sure it's been a minute. You could possibly say the SEC might be due very due.
Speaker 1: They're due.
Speaker 2: I'm here on they got like twelve teams that could be in the tournament.
Speaker 9: That would be I'd I think because of the not everybody has a lack of knowledge on college basketball. But since there is an overarching lack of knowledge of college basketball over busting with the boys, maybe jay Rod could like build out a nice little presentation, have a compile everything about college basketball and present it to the boys.
Speaker 2: Or just get like super fans calling in just to tell us why, what the look like, what story, what story is resonating to why it could be their year? Maybe get a maybe get an expert analyst on the pod to break it down a little bit.
Speaker 4: What should we be looking for? Were you kind of rooting for right? I gotta know these storylines. I gotta know what's going on, the rivalries and all that when it comes to this college basketball in the march madness. But this, this is where I'm going to take the opportunity to lean on these tier ones. And hey, boys, we all know them a little green. So help me out understand this basketball thing and I'll just I'll ride whoever. I'm like, I'm a blind horse. You just take me everything you want, put the halter on, walk me around camp.
Speaker 2: We're just looking to win bets.
Speaker 4: That's all we want to do. I don't care if it's I could put my name on the thing, but if we can do it together, boys, that's what matters to me. Yeah, that's what matters to me. Let's give him more round of a paustive Fandel, Huh what a time man?
Speaker 1: Unreal?
Speaker 2: Should we cover anything else on fames?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we actually know, no Fandel, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yourselves just throwing the question out there.
Speaker 4: So I got pissed off because I saw it was on the monitor. Oh yeah, so that wasn't that wasn't a shot. That was not getting mad with you. Yeah, that was getting mad with yea life and how bets don't go your way sometimes. Yeah, but uh, we can jump in a Fandel in a second. We can jump into whatever we want. But I just want you to know. Las Vegas Show doubled down three twenty one and three twenty two at Resorts World Theater, Las Vegas. Tickets on sale at Bert Bert Burt dot com. You're right, tell who you're talking about, Bert Krusher's who I'm talking about. New special Lucky out only on Netflix March eighteenth. So now we're doing two ads again. We've done two ads.
Speaker 2: Every single time we're promoting everything.
Speaker 4: There's a five k. Bert says, I don't wan to worry about five kids twenty five, March eighteenth. He's got a Netflix special coming out. Watch the show comment give it five stars but then be a little nasty in the comments, be like, hey, bust with the boy sent us that's a it's a shame what you did to them, hustling our boys like that. Give it five stars though, Las Vegas Show double Down three twenty one, three twenty two Burt Burburk dot com.
Speaker 2: The special on Netflix is big time. I'm looking forward to his. I'm also looking forward to sit down and watching Andrew Show's special. If we're going to a lot a lot of new Dad talking there, the jokes he's been promoing and he got Mad Damon to do a promo with him now whole time solid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny hit his on his clips. When you see him do his crowd work, it's he's incredible. He might be second to none when it comes to the crowd work as well. Guy is top, top tier, funny, willing to blur the lines anyway. Another person who blurs the lines made a second appearance on SNL. Let's give a round of apause for the boy. Shane Gillis monologue hilarious, walked into liberal territory and decided to go super trump on all of them clips were funny. I'm not the clips. The skits were hilarious, like the couple of beers ones, a couple of beers and hey, just a little bump, a little bump. That shit is so hilarious. It hit me. For those of you who watched the last podcast that resonated with me big time. That was a hell of a skit. A hell of a skit, dude.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: When they're guessing the suspect dude of Black and White.
Speaker 4: Three, we're up three.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: The buzzer beater one was crazy, like her name Lakeisha Tomsy he's there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Shane, he killed. He seemed much more comfortable. He was like he was in flow stand in that one.
Speaker 2: I was watch man. I didn't watch it live. I was just seeing all of it on on social media on the x app because I was busy. I was busy gooning on pubg with Sharon back there. We were running duos on pubg. Ho had a go last night the solid. You know, we didn't get a dinner. We didn't get a chicken dinner, but we did get it two. We got third or five, then a couple of top fifteen finishes, but we were we were out there throwing some leads.
Speaker 4: So you guys are like an above average little duo, I would.
Speaker 9: Say, I would say, when I'm not playing selfish, we ride like we we can cook poetry.
Speaker 4: I've never played PUBG with either one of you. I've never played PUBG in my life, but i have played Call of Duty with both of you. And the small sample size I have with you, Suram is you're the most selfish player I've ever met in my entire life. Not a team a little bit, but so you need it. When we're on that map and you just decided to take the bomb and run into the water, I was so confused.
Speaker 9: Was anybody else playing with us on the on the bus or was it j Rod? And yeah, essentially I would just grab and search and destroy and grab the bomb and then I would seal dive into a swimming pool and get the entire squad to then submerge underneath the water. It was for Vibes.
Speaker 4: It was Vibe bro it lost, and they'd be doing the countdown before you start off, and you can kind of look around at all the players but to play, and sure, I'm just like rolling on the ground and like looking in the air, not saying but just all these guys like standing there with their guns than one dude in the corner spazzing out, and just everyone's like, hey, we're going left. And then everyone goes left and you peak to your right and you just see one guy trailing off by himself, and it's just.
Speaker 9: I do I hone it in and pubg because it is a bit higher stakes, it's a longer game. I don't know I did, but I do. Get on the mountain bike and I go a little crazy with it. But Will's been coaching me up, helping me be a better team.
Speaker 2: Coach, Willie Man, you get him honed in. He's a weapon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I see the way he when I die very quickly and call it duty and have the luxury of watching him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He knows how to fire a rifle. Now, he knows how to use a weapon.
Speaker 2: He knows how to swing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just will I lock in?
Speaker 10: Will I take it serious?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Updates also with Bustle with the Boys, with this new with this big new adventure, we will have a website coming soon. New merch will be on the way. That mercher will be dropping at some point this month. It is March Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is March.
Speaker 2: It's March right now. Yeah, it will be dropping at some point this month. Do I need to say anything more?
Speaker 4: Gee, tell hi about the opportunity that's possibly going to present itself from ge sign up. Possible sign up, possible sign up because it's going to be a.
Speaker 11: Discount code if you sign up early, that link will be in our bio. When it is, we'll let you guys know, but stay tuned for that sign up, be able to get news early on drops everything else early access code for the first twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: I love that and will said new merch. We will also have our old merch as well. Girl dad stuff the boys hats og got some og stuff coming.
Speaker 2: Don't say too much. That's right.
Speaker 6: We'll leave it there.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: That's that's all.
Speaker 2: We'll leave it there.
Speaker 1: Say too.
Speaker 4: But you saw me get a little excited. Yeah, yeah, you saw me a little.
Speaker 2: Rocked up, a little little row action down low another smont It's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: A lot of exciting things, dude, a lot of exciting things. You're gonna crush that merch. It's gonna be awesome. The early sign up to with the discount Elite elite you.
Speaker 2: We'll just have a little website too. Yeah, we're allowed to say the website.
Speaker 4: Can we say the website?
Speaker 2: Can we do that? G Yeah, it won't take anywhere yet, bwtb bwtv dot com.
Speaker 10: Simple, simple as that, simple.
Speaker 2: Bwbtv dot com. Keep it Yeah, you go there now? What is it says like, don't miss your seat on the bus.
Speaker 10: We change that, We clean it up a little bit.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be a lot of content coming out real soon. So next week we go to war yet again. We're going to Power Slap Jack and I will be at Power Slap will be at UFC. Obviously you will have all the bets for you guys, and all that get to be an exciting, exciting time. Main card. Alex Pereira this man, and I'll tell you right now, I'll give you a little spoiler alert. Alex Peyra will be in my parlays. He will be in a solo bet as well, and it might be a knockout because what I witness last time this man staid in the octagon was truly incredible. JPTE knows what I'm talking about. This dude with the drums, the music, the bow and arrow, which he may or may not stole from me, the screaming, the stare down, the lake cake, all of it. Dude, I got Alex Pereira in a big way.
Speaker 2: JP.
Speaker 6: What do they have those odds at right there?
Speaker 2: Perrera right now is minus one twenty and what's on clov minus one oh six.
Speaker 6: It's dude, This one UFC is tough to bet on anyways, just because everybody does have a punch of chance. But on klav is A He's a beast on the ground, He's a big dude, has some man hands on him. I think Pereira is gonna win, but this will be a fight. I think we won't have seen this Alex Pereira before in this fight because he won't be able to be the normal one. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Tell me why we won't see this Alex Peira.
Speaker 6: This is what he's gonna be better, I think because a lot of people are out there talking on him, like, you know, I think somebody tagged you in that video as well. That fan he was like, what's one mma fighting? You think you could beat in a fight? He's like Alex Perera, He's like, I'm a college wrestler. That guy doesn't know anything about wrestling. Obviously, he does know a lot about wrestling. He works with Glover to share a But I think we're gonna see his ground game elevate and he'll get it done. He'll probably I think he will knock him out. But I wouldn't be shocked if von Klav does, like you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, if van Klav does, it's gonna be on the ground right on.
Speaker 4: And Geigie's fighting as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah against Physiev, which is a rematch and.
Speaker 2: The last go back, go back to those odds, Mitch, Yeah, Geechee right now plus four. I just want to ride Gae Chee because I saw him quote tweet that video of him getting knocked out in that in that uh Halloway fight. Yeah, where he's like on the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that they fight correct point into the middle. With the last ten seconds stuff, Halloway kind of pieced up Gee Chee. He won that fight. That fight was pretty much over. He could have ran away for eight des but Halloway to sit there point in the middle of the ring and be like, let's give these people a show and still give them that little bank on the chin was being incredible.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 6: For that reason, I don't feel as good about him, because I feel like with these guys that are a little bit older. Obviously he's still young in normal people world, but he's like he's taking the big knockout and then fall off happens fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm saying I want to write him just because I love how he needs to love into the fray of like, yeah, you guys can see me just seizing out on the ground right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like, this is why I do it.
Speaker 2: This is why say like, win by your sword, die by your sword. He's just fucking shaking on the ground. That's fucking crazy, man. Yeah, it makes me want to go get you too. I don't know much about this other cat, Like, yeah, what can you tell me a little something. I'll give me a spark.
Speaker 4: Nut version of this guy.
Speaker 6: He's a fun fighter, got it, and so it'll be it'll be fireworks better on his feet. Uh Yeah, a.
Speaker 4: Name like that, dude, that guy's a grappler with a name like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he's he's good. He's good all around. He's maniac.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The scenes thing on him, he is a little fucking wolverine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're seeing finishes in these last two fights.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be fireworks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is going to be a hell of a weekend. I'm gonna I think I put a couple bets. I'm gonna put out some bet with your heart bets and then that with your brain bets. But and we'll we'll just we'll have both of them. We'll be separated. You guys will know which ones are which. But I think we got to put something on Gaechie for sure, just to see the heart, to fight the soul.
Speaker 2: This is why I do it.
Speaker 4: While Pulsa in the ground. You've won me over, You've absolutely won me over.
Speaker 2: And then after you have see the boys will be out in Montana again later this month. We will be doing a collab with Meat Eater, so Steve Rannella will be and Cal shout out the boy cow. What was their dog's name again.
Speaker 4: Beauford, I don't know his name.
Speaker 2: That's a great name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that hates his dog, Steve.
Speaker 4: It seems like a lot of people are hating on the dog too.
Speaker 10: I like the dog.
Speaker 4: I know the dog was most one of the most well trained dogs I've ever seen. In a couple of comments were like, yes, dog's not trained at all. I'm thinking you have not met my dogs.
Speaker 2: You haven't met waffle, Yeah that is, that'll be.
Speaker 6: Or we can't say.
Speaker 2: The meat eater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. If we can't say what we're doing, let's leave.
Speaker 2: That up in the air where it was so fun. One.
Speaker 4: There's levels right when duck honey lie year, we're hitting a new level this year. But that kind of that's a bit of a deal. Quarter mile, I said, quarter mile snow Yeah, is there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: They said they got a lot of snows this year, Montana dude be Going there the first time was a little nerve wracking because you know how these men's men were going to be ended up being the most hospitable individuals of all time. Like Steve Ranella is one of those guys that you're just like, you want to impress him and someone you want him to tell you a good job. We didn't get that last time. Hopefully this time we'll get something like that. But there's a there's a comfort factor about walking back in there and being like we're going to see the boys now, not meet the boys.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Coach is hard.
Speaker 4: Coach is hard if we're being dumbasses to you're being dumbasses.
Speaker 6: But he he thinks highly of the boys because I told y'all last week I sat next to the guy at church that owns the land in Montana that we're going to, and he was showing me the text and he was like, I have the busting with the boys guys coming out to the farm. The guy sitting next to me was like, who is that? He was like, the are these two guys that used to play in the NFL. They're really funny. You need to check them out. They're good, they're a good time stay. But they don't know anything about like tools or anything.
Speaker 4: I didn't know we are worthless.
Speaker 2: They don't know about tools, but they're funny. God feels good with not a lot of emotion. So just knowing he sent a message like that his heartwarming, which.
Speaker 4: Is exactly how you'd want it to You wouldn't want to say it to your face. You'd want to hear it from somebody. A game of telephone be played so you can hear something. One thing Sam's got up here?
Speaker 2: Do you want? Sham asks a question because I know he just dies to get this.
Speaker 4: Let it out.
Speaker 9: I think the sorry, Hey, should we all go paintballing? Like as a group?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 9: That could be fun. It could be a good vlog opportunity. We get it sponsored.
Speaker 4: Thoughts.
Speaker 2: You want my real thoughts? Yeah, this is a no brainer. Even if they're even there were no cameras and there wasn't a sponsor. Whatever it is. Pain balling is so fun.
Speaker 4: I did not think that's how you were gonna what you're gonna say?
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, we go.
Speaker 4: You want to hear my real thoughts. I thought he's about to shoot this down so hard and I'm having to come in as their daddy just hit the kid at the dinner table. Hey, listen, he's just stressed out right now, like he's taking me a right. I agree with one hundred percent. We should absolutely go paintballing done. Put the face paint on all of it would be awesome. It'd be nice. There is like a little army base around here. We can figure something out about us versus like sixty seven cats that are like legit, no, the way the way cats operate on the paint, would they not be so much fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I can give myself a little spots now. Forgot about my story. I can get hilarious to worry about me. They'll need to worry about me. I'm telling you right now, I'm an issue out there.
Speaker 2: Have you hit paintball courses once?
Speaker 4: And I was?
Speaker 10: I was average.
Speaker 1: It is so.
Speaker 2: When one of your boys growing up would have like a paintball a paintball party and just you and the dads would travel out to a course and just play all day long, like it is so much fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like Bontaira is like where the courses are.
Speaker 2: There's some courses out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are some courses out there, he said, travel out to a course like win around the block.
Speaker 2: People dudes loved it so much. Like you just play. You just go off in the woods somewhere and set up, set up shop and play. Yeah, we're fun, bro. And then it's like your first time playing, so you're like you'll get camoed up or wear too much clothing and then just the afternoon hits and it's like what are we doing? Then you're out there with T shirts on. It hurts a little bit more, a lot more actually, but it's fun, man. But you do not want to get with going against some special force younit even some paintball team, like you get pegged and it's over and they're flying. I'm talking a quick trigger out there.
Speaker 4: You're trying to set up you know, you know your boy, I'm let me, let me defend this a little bit, because I still feel good about it. We should go out as a group have a little fun. They let's let the amateurs play a little bit, grow up, figure out the gun, figure out the way, and who's good who's not. I think eventually it'd be fun to see if we could just get one of them, like you know how they do like hostage situations. Maybe we're the host like the uh, we're the bad guys I don't know, I don't know the right term to use, or the bad guys and.
Speaker 2: They gotta get us.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be so much fun, especially if you're getting banked once, like here's real bullets will when I'm gonna die?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but here's the problem. We're going out to this course and we'll probably be renting all of our equipment for the most part. These people come in and they have their own weapons, they have their own everything, right, and I'm telling you, the paint is flying yes, and so you're getting Hiteah, Yeah, you're getting hit like it's an automatic.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. I'm not saying like I'm still down. I still gonna be a lot of fun. We'll get out there. Let's get out of there, just us. I could see that we're gett a little push back. That's all right, Let's get better. Let's become a good team.
Speaker 9: Something I have heard is that the rental uh baseline has gone up. They used to just hand you a tipman a five with like a regular hopperment that wasn't electric and stuff.
Speaker 10: I've heard that.
Speaker 2: He starts cracking while you're shooting, like my ship's not working. Then you're just getting pelted.
Speaker 9: Yes, I've heard that the baseline for rentals has gone up, So that's a good sign. Also, I think you guys should draft the boys. You all should be team captains. You all should draft, and we should do at least one busting with the Boys. On busting with the Boys, capture the flag game agreed.
Speaker 1: The end.
Speaker 6: Delaney, Yeah, we should do it on his property.
Speaker 2: Which which one Claire Delaney. You guys see Delaney's.
Speaker 1: Uh, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That barn dominion the barn god thirteen thousand square feet. Looks like that's what that.
Speaker 2: Man's up on him. I think trying to take down a couple of trees. Just doing his own thing.
Speaker 6: Because he pulled up on coop he did buh.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Brother's bacher party. Correct shut out the boy camp.
Speaker 4: Dude Coup got his first tattoo. Yeah, he's officially tatted. He came over to the house.
Speaker 6: Did all the crew come?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I was bummed too because I like rushed the house to get there at two o'clock and he showed up solo. I'm like, hey, where's where's your dad? He's like, no, they didn't. They didn't come. That is a funny ass photo. Oh my god, he got first. Of course, bro, I love.
Speaker 2: On Thursday. If Delaney wants to pull up to the to the go karts on Saturday.
Speaker 4: He said he asked all the boys and they couldn't do it. And then he kind of like half asked asked me, said I know you probably can't. I was like, dude, no, I have two kids, Like I'm not gonna I can't.
Speaker 2: It's just last minute because one of their boys and the bacher party dropped out right, so they were looking for an extra fill in.
Speaker 10: But I did tell him.
Speaker 4: I was like, you should h up Delaney. He's like, you think he'll come. I was like, Delaney loves that f one place. He will for sure go and he one after he goes.
Speaker 2: And wins the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And he responded to Coop within like ten minutes. Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 4: Ye have a pull up.
Speaker 6: There's Jared.
Speaker 4: Dude, we should go do that as well. That would be so much fun to do.
Speaker 7: There's an airsoft field too, into our Airsoft next to that k one.
Speaker 4: The honor system though what the honor system Airsoft is a little different because you can't like see who you got shot if you got shot.
Speaker 6: We do have cheater bloodline in this man.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to for those are joining bus with Boys for the first time. We do a dad combine every year that will come out in April May.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, late May one that we've done.
Speaker 4: We do every single year.
Speaker 2: Early June.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Story is old this time. The dad cop we uh and dude, I've yes, I like I blur the lines a little bit when it comes to board games all these different things. But I've noticed that I've been told that about myself. Like, let me make a change, man, let me be different. We do this, Dad combine and uh, we have to mow Alon. By the way, there's no award. There's no punishment if you get last place. It's just like Dad's hanging out having a good time. And Dave comes over to me and goes, we're gonna win this for sure, Like, yeah, what are you talking about, guys, don't worry. Took care of it. So we start mowing and their lawnmower turns off and I'm like, I don't think anything of it. Later he goes, I cut off their gas line. I'm like, you understand. I feel like the father in that situation talking to like, you know when your dad's like, hey, you are representing me when you go and mess something up. I had to like have that talk with David, like you know, you understand. Like people are saying, oh, that's good because Taylor cheats. Now you cheat.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Speaker 4: I eat that comment and the thing to think, Yeah, I mean he's on a percent, right.
Speaker 6: Did he all hide stuff from them on the grill making too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They hit like a hammer of some part in the building process.
Speaker 4: I just found out about that a couple of days ago. By the way, what you guys started hiding parts at the grill?
Speaker 2: I don't think we did. You have to check the tape on that. Yeah, I'm tripping.
Speaker 6: I thought y'all were hiding it. You were hiding it.
Speaker 2: No, they've they've tried hiding something at first, but it was like an obvious thing. And then like later on, when it was close, I threw some part. Hey, they're going to need this part. Yeah, I just threw like up under something that.
Speaker 4: Makes me feel a little bit better. That makes me feel a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Look at us, you know, and it is. It's like, Yo, we're just mowing a patch of grass.
Speaker 6: The damn mower won't start.
Speaker 4: Damn more sounds like the gas they fool that.
Speaker 2: I'm checking it.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: Seeing the Bill right now compared to when I saw a couple weeks ago, is just night and day.
Speaker 6: Last thing, dude, Bill's breakdown.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 6: I go back to the YouTube video just like everybody else should be listening, and watched Bill's breakdown at the end of the day where it's like, all right, he won the MVP. Bill breaks down, nobody comes around. He puts his hand up, all right, one, two, three? Wait wait, wait, he will get a little bit closer. He goes right on three.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, trying to do the old sim makeup for the questionnaire.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: It's so funny. What a fucking legend?
Speaker 2: What put your arm down? Right there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, easy, easy, get alright? Oh man, what are you serious talking about fourteen being a great year?
Speaker 6: Anything cold?
Speaker 2: He said you lost your Virginia piste on her at the same time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, man, So check out the annual every year dad Calmbine coming out real soon.
Speaker 2: Dude, can we talk severance? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the show, the new episode, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean it dropped you for everybody listen, and you haven't watched it yet. We can hit an average, but there will be spoilers because I've got to talk about this show.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We got some guys on here that watch it, and I feel like it'd be fun to break down a little bit.
Speaker 6: I think before Jack gets off, he he should be the one to give the shout out to mister Milchick because they have a point of connection.
Speaker 7: Now, yeah, mister Milichick VFL is a glorified Tennessee Valls fan and alumni.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: It is big to learn. We would love to mister Milichick, if you're out there listening right now and watching, please check your DMS and comments. We'd love to have you on the bus, mister Milchick on the sideline with Jack hitting the push ups after a touchdown.
Speaker 6: The push up party has been canceled.
Speaker 2: Whateverach we hit, we do have some new ones. You want to hit this boar right here, TikTok. We got a TikTok em. This episode is brought to you by TikTok. What as a mechanic and autoshop owner in Georgia, a taco restaurant operator in Arizona, and a life saving medical innovator in Tennessee have in common. They're all small business owners and they're all thriving on TikTok. Across the US, over seven point five million businesses, from family owned shops to entrepreneurs, are using TikTok to compete and grow. In fact, seventy four percent of businesses on TikTok say TikTok has allowed them to scale their operations, increasing sales and expanding in the new locations, and that growth means jobs. Today, they're over seven and a half million US business businesses on TikTok, employing more than twenty eight million people, and that number keeps growing. Small businesses thrive on TikTok. Learn more about TikTok's contribution to the US economy at TikTok Economic impact dot com. That's TikTok Economic impact dot com. Beautifree TikTok. Shout out TikTok.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, man, TikTok. Yeah, bad ass.
Speaker 2: Go see the new trends, Go hit the new dances.
Speaker 4: Small business owners. Go help a small business today on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I will say I've bought some I've bought some equipment on tiktoks.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is, it is.
Speaker 2: I do like their kind of interface.
Speaker 6: When it is it in the new deal, y'all have to do a dance, one of the TikTok dances.
Speaker 4: They sit back of the bus, has to do that, right, Oh, what's the.
Speaker 6: We already have those do the trends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every I think week for the first two months, and then once a month after that.
Speaker 2: They love how Sharam comes into the shop every day with a new idea, and the boys have to start backing him with whatever idea he comes in the shop with.
Speaker 4: That's true, So Sharam has carte blanche on anything he wants to do with the boys in the back.
Speaker 6: How about this twenty twenty five goal for busting with the boys, we create a trend that goes viral. Okay on TikTok.
Speaker 2: We can try that.
Speaker 6: We can try and we're doing.
Speaker 2: You're right it do or do not? There is no try?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so severance. I'm gonna sit here and you guys just let me know when you're done. I haven't seen the show.
Speaker 2: You gotta get on it.
Speaker 4: Bro, listen, season come out. I'll uh, I'll watch it three more times and then I'll watch Shepherds go.
Speaker 2: Bro. How about.
Speaker 1: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Take my take my mic? Who's yeah.
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 4: Join us back here?
Speaker 2: Tailor, Taylor's got the camera. You're gonna start ripping.
Speaker 10: Where the switch says on?
Speaker 2: Off?
Speaker 6: Hey? Shall we start it off? What are you doing up here? Miss Casey? Turn around?
Speaker 2: I told you. I was telling you in the group chat. We're gonna have to pull up on Milchick. By the way, this this this bus. If you haven't learned already, we're massive fans of mister Milchick. The weird the weirdness of this show is all time, and mister Milchick just he's becoming one of my favorites on the show.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, he's he's started off rocky in season one, but now you get to season two when he's the main manager, and I feel like he's he's got a backstory that.
Speaker 10: We need to hear about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's gonna switch up. He's gonna switch for sure by the end of the series. I don't know how.
Speaker 10: I don't know when.
Speaker 2: He's just gonna continue to learn that it's it's him against corporate. He's just gonna learn that he's just a cogit. Yeah, he's a new puppet, like when he's in the in the mirror, grow grow, like trying to dumb down his language because he says too many big words in his performance review.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it's awesome the way he talks.
Speaker 6: But this episode that we just watched with Gemma, did y'all do y'all have any idea what the numbers might be that Mark ask.
Speaker 2: And the crew has no clue about the numbers. So I was seeing that, you know how, now are you watching like a recap on YouTube that's a breakdown on TikTok Actually love it shut TikTok. Yeah, And so this guy was saying that, you know how, Jemma is going into all those different rooms right, and there's something wrong with each one. Her hand is hurting when she's right. In the thank you notes, it's always Christmas. Also with the thank you notes flashback when they're doing her in Mark's story, She's like, I'll write a thank you note. Mark's like, you hate writing thank you notes. That was in their normal one and then in her severed self she's writing thank you notes. So there was a few things that she didn't like in her.
Speaker 6: Outside world that she was doing in her any world that she also didn't like. And so what they're saying, they're trying to make the progress and they think these numbers might be the progress to where she got. She's getting severed into four different like people, four different roles, like the one that's doing Christmas all the time, and that Mark is the one that's doing it with these numbers and is like the one completing her severed like her severed brain into all these different people on.
Speaker 2: Things that she doesn't like to do. Mark's the one fulfilling those twas.
Speaker 6: Right to get you severed fully to where now like you don't have bad experiences ever in your life. Kiera's trying to create a perfect a perfect world where nothing is bad. But the only way to do it is to make these people do things they don't like and somehow rewire their.
Speaker 11: Brain so it's like a programming system.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: I just felt so bad for Jim. And when she finally makes it to the elevator because I wanted her to drop that old bag that was chasing her, Like she dropped that one dude in the room and she's running, I'm thinking you can score up on this old broad because she probably signaled up to milcheck when she's going up the elevator. She gets severed, goes off the elevator and then he's mister milchick just pops in, what are you doing up here?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: And she's curious about Mark as like I've been down there long enough.
Speaker 11: Takes different rooms, I mean, like yeah, all the names too, for the rooms that are so key that they show in the shot, and then Coop brought up a good point that on Mark's desk of the little face thing of his, it says Mark s Allentown. So there's got to be some sort of tie back to that room, that room before them.
Speaker 2: Because we've seen what cold Harbor that's the Yeah, this is one that's going to change the course of Lumen forever.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm curious too how the whole death is going to unfold with Jemma, because Mark, as the Chinese restaurant talks about I saw her body and then we see in this episode with Jemma the cops kind of come up to the door, and I'm curious kind of what happens after that, like what he actually sees.
Speaker 6: Now I thought, because I thought he said to his sister at one point, which, by the way, people are starting to say, I think sure might even first put me on this that his sister is bad and working with lumin because working with Loomin because her first reaction after Mark's thing went down was to call miss Kobel even though she knew and they're saying this was like intricate detail when they zoom in on her phone, she's using a droid Apple is very keen on not letting people, not letting villains use their product in Apple shows, in Apple shows, So they're like, because she's aroid, it's.
Speaker 2: Only you're sitting here talking with everybody with We do it all like once, we're like, hey, who's watched the show? And we go into like the streaming room and just talk shop like you're at a workspace. You're teaming up with everybody who watches the latest episode where they show you a lot but also show you nothing at all, and you're just talking theories the entire time. And this is one of those shows.
Speaker 6: And the last crazy piece I saw was you know when they first meet and they're sitting down with each other and like she's filling out some paperwork or whatever, when they're getting those ivs. Yeah, the top of her things was loomin.
Speaker 10: That's exactly what Cooper said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, when, yeah, when they were first going in to talk about them like were they doing IVF? Were they trying to do IVF?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm talking about when they first met. Oh okay, okay, like when they're sitting there and at the library.
Speaker 2: Or wherever they're at.
Speaker 11: Then maybe I misunderstood the time before what Coop was talking about must have been.
Speaker 2: I think also said that like when there's been multiple He was saying, like when they sit down as a couple to talk about meeting with somebody to help them get pregnant, that the that the dentist or whoever in Loomen he like walks back, he's he's in like he like walks past in that text in a group text somebody that.
Speaker 9: You or Coop did No, I saw that on TikTok. And not to derail this conversation at all, but just a nerdy shout out that the cinematography in this last episode they shot all those flashbacks on film insane. Anybody that is just like a fan of cinematography of film, Holy moly, like storytelling with outlines just like beautifully shot it was.
Speaker 11: Wasn't it the first episode with a new director too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first one where you don't se Ben Stiller is at the top of the.
Speaker 9: Crowd directorial debut. That director had been a cinematographer their entire career and then come on directorial debut, crushed it insane.
Speaker 10: What a crazy episode.
Speaker 6: Because they also serve you, I might need your help on this one because it was I think Jemma said to Mark ask hey, like where are you right now? And then his sister also said that to him when he comes to after he's unconscious. So that's another reason why.
Speaker 11: They were so that they think, yeah, that thin. Do you think she's tied to Lumen because of Ricken?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I think as well, because.
Speaker 11: They asked the last time we saw Ricken, they asked him to write the book for Lumen.
Speaker 9: I know, I still want to believe she's good, but there is there is just a ton of and I could be totally wrong for fans of the show, but they have mentioned that there has never been any shots of the sister by herself being angry with Lumen, not trusting Luman when she's around Ricken and she comes in, Natalie's in the room like she's around Ricken, so she's like acting that way towards Natalie, and then she leaves and she's more upset about Ricken's writing that he's changing the writing, not really talking bad about Lumen. It's it definitely is an out there conspiracy theory. It probably won't be true, but it does. It's fun to think about, like does she kind of know already that there's stuff going on that Jima and Mark signed up for this.
Speaker 10: Together.
Speaker 11: Who have we not seen their outside world yet? Milcheck? Is he the only person we haven't seen?
Speaker 10: Like there his audi?
Speaker 6: Well he is, because he's their business whenever he's out of work, pulling up with fruit baskets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is just around the clock the entire time.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 6: But for how much longer? There's a long coming for that seat?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 6: And did they ever change mister Blick's desktop?
Speaker 2: Well, oh where he's like? Yeah, yeah, where he's just.
Speaker 1: Right right right?
Speaker 6: I need that for him? There he is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you're not watching Severance because this show is unreal, Yeah, this show is unreal. All right, Tailor you can tag back in. I'm coming back guys.
Speaker 9: A Taylor crushed the photography back here, by the way, he legitimately took some really good pics of y'all.
Speaker 1: Switch.
Speaker 2: Just how long we've been rolling?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: You know what's awesome is I have not seen Severance. I know, avention, I'm going to see Severance. The way my personality works is like everyone will watch it and then a year from now, I'm like, Bro, have you guys heard a severance and he will be like, yeah, this shows dope, and then I'll try to talk about with you guys for a month and a half and then it'll be over, just like suits. And the good news is I sat there on my phone and my add took over and I didn't hear a word y'all said. Heard some about a desktop, though, hurt something aout a desktop. Hopefully that's it. A couple more things than we'll get out of here. We'll get it to a very wholesome, wonderful podcast and a couple of OG's. Matthew Stafford signs with the Rams. How much is that contract? Do we know how much that was? Because that I feel like he wanted fifty.
Speaker 2: I want to say A source told me that the Raiders and the Jets Giants Raiders Giants, one of the New York teams, we're offering him forty five and the Rams were offering him forty. So sure enough when we were talking about that last week, retire over forty million dollars. But I know that they met the Rams and Stafford they met over the weekend in person. Obviously struck a deal huge for the Rams. There was a part of me for a minute. I'm like, Man of the Raiders, is he about to go to the Silver and Black Lives?
Speaker 4: That would have been huge him, Pete Carroll, Max Crosby in Vegas Allegiant Stadium, there were the nuts. If he was with the chip Kelly Yes, what a crazy office. I wonder how Matthew Stafford thirty seven years old would do it at chip Kelly offense. Would be interesting, would be interesting to see chip Kelly and how good of a coach he is well to adapt to a corback that doesn't run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's cool that he's sticking with McVeigh. Him and they all worked it out because you saw McVeigh. He went on what's their pod? Big Witt and fits.
Speaker 4: Went and fits just I think it's Wit and fits the maybe fits great podcast. Those guys are all.
Speaker 2: Trying fits Magic. But he was having a real candid conversation. It was cool to like listen to. I saw all the clips that were going on where he's talking about the Stafford negotiation, talking future, what you have to plan for?
Speaker 4: Fits in with oh perfect, Yeah, fits in with good podcast. Couple of legends, great guys. Andrew Whitworth one of the seventy sevens. Yeah, respect that man debo, but hold on, just on the Matthew We'll cook on the Matthew Stafford thing. Diana Rassini has her own show and she had Chase Chase Daniel. Yeah on there, and you guys are talking about the whole retire thing. That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of my life, The whole if you're only gonna get forty million dollars, you should retire and made me rethink the conversation that we were having on the bus last week, being like, yeah, okay, something needs If your reason for retiring is just you're getting forty million dollars inteat of fifty million dollars, the only reason why you should ever retire from a sport is injury or you don't love it anymore. Those are really the two things to get out of jail free cards in my mind, Like, I'm sure there's a couple of things I'm not thinking about, but to walk away when you're like, hey, we're only going to pay you forty million dollars for a year of working, and you feeling that's disrespected by.
Speaker 2: It amount because he's made so much fucking money throughout his career. It's different if it was like, you know, you're trying to get nine million and they're only offering you two or three, and just thinking to myself like, yeah, how much do I love the game anymore? Do I love the game enough to play for two?
Speaker 10: Everyone?
Speaker 4: If you play long enough, you will get to that point. But forty is way different than two, Way different than you know what I'm saying. And I think this Chase Daniel's cat, Like I watched the video and I'm thinking, like, no disrespect to the cat, but he's speed up the tone. I all want to speed up the tone when he speaks a little bit because it does I'm like, hey, where we like, let's let's get it going. And he's saying if I was him, I would retire, And I thought I got to turn this ship off right now.
Speaker 1: I was crazy.
Speaker 2: You're messaging back and forth. He's like, yeah, I might win a little overboard. You're laughing back and forth.
Speaker 1: He's a good guys.
Speaker 2: It's just like bro, yeah, oh yeah, quarterback from a zoo. I mean he was a Sun and he was kind of like one of those journeyman backups where he's getting a nice chunk of cash just to be the backup because he could be four years. Yeah, yeah, no, like more than that. No, she was getting pull up.
Speaker 8: He was making like ten or fifteen a year bring back up.
Speaker 4: Maybe he would have retired for forty ven. I don't know, but him the way, Just when I saw that clip and I went and rewatched the interview itself, just the Matthew Stafford portion, Yeah, it turned me off. It fires me up that you're same clips.
Speaker 2: For the internet though, for everybody to argue over and breakdown fires me up. You're saying he's a good dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he made forty one mill in his career, Super Bowl Champion with the Saints in twenty ten and he played with one, two, three, four, five, six seven teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice, he's in a nice backup role's getting paid too.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was insane in college.
Speaker 6: Man because then Blamed Gabbert came right after him.
Speaker 12: Oh so Missouri had a couple of yeah your eight years and that was the crazy eight season where it was between Kansas and Missouri for the Big twelve North championship representation.
Speaker 9: It was number one versus number two, Kansas versus Miszoo.
Speaker 2: Crazy because that year, I want to say, Miszoo beat Oklahoma when Oklahoma was number one, and that's when they stormed the field and Missoo was just having a hell of a run. They were having a hell of a run.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But that's all I had to say about the Chase Danil thing fires me up. That he says a good dude and you know him personally. Yeah, Because when I'm watching that, I'm just thinking this is madness. I was sitting in the I was sitting our den and I'm just watching the video Will Jersey and set up for the Red dead stream. I'm just like fuming on that chair by myself, like, what the fuck are we talking about here? So good fire has been put out? Devote the commanders. Go ahead, debot the commanders. I think that's a big move. Now, debo he's got the injury history as of recent but I feel like trading getting just traded for a fifth round pick, that's like big potential upside for somebody who's like a utility dog out of the backfield and the slot wherever you want to put him. The creativity in a Klingsbury offense. I think it's a big win for Washington. Yeah, you just hope he stays healthy.
Speaker 6: Because they have other weapons too. It's not like it's just on Deebo.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think that's gonna make him even more dangerous and it.
Speaker 2: Helps opens up those guys on the outside.
Speaker 10: Again.
Speaker 2: If he can stay healthy and he's got the chip a boulder on a shoulder because he got traded for a fifth round pick, I think it's it's big upside. It's not a lot of it's not a whole lot of risk because you know what you're getting in again, you just gave away a fifth round pick.
Speaker 4: Right, Deebo strikes me as a perfect candidate to add the boulder on the shoulder for a fifth round pick trade like he is that guy's going to take that personal and the best way possible. The utility weapon like he's saying. The word utility guy can often be seen as an insult when it comes to Debo. We're able to put him all over the field except for the starting five offensive line, like he is a weapon that you have to account for every single week when he's on the field. Hopefully sustains those things, not having so many injuries like he did this past year, but the dude is an absolute stud. Game Cock go Cox, game cap. But this is this is a perfect example of winning. In the draft. You get a guy like Jane Daniels where you're like, yo, we have a team that could win. Now we need a couple more pieces. Juice up the offensive line a little bit, get the defense to get in that top ten, you know, get out of that middle of the pack range. You have the affordability to go and get and take on a large contract like Deebo Samuel because you have a quarterback that's on their first contract in the NFL. If you're able to do that, these next three years for the Commanders are gonna be one. You're like, hey, Jake and legit, go and win it.
Speaker 6: They could go and win a nice window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a great window. And as long as Jane stays healthy. Man, as long as he stays healthy, because he does take some hits. He falls gracefully, but he takes some hits. Yeah, he said, yeah, I had that. I was talking about that in the season. Like he does know when he's like out out of like there's too many guys around him, so he gets down. But there's a couple he's getting like tossed doing somersaults in the air, and you're like, Okay, how do we avoid those couple of boys right there?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: So, I think the Commanders are in a good spot. If you're a Commander's fan, if you're a part of the Commander's team, you're sitting there, you're smiling, going, hey, we got a shot this year.
Speaker 2: Looking at a good futures bet, good sports book, good futures bet.
Speaker 4: Let's just look it up on the Fandel sports book right now, pull it up.
Speaker 6: Well, they're looking it up. The Bills also, they've they've put their bid in for Miles Garrett. No ship if they could land.
Speaker 4: Him, buddy, if they can land him, I know the Bills.
Speaker 2: The Bills are just in the spot where nothing matters, nothing matters except for the super Bowl. Right what there's is this for to win the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: That's for the Super Bowl plus two thousands. It might be time to jump.
Speaker 2: In, be fun to jump in and ride?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not? I think this year we should do that too. Is all kind of pick a team that's out of our norm and be like, okay, we're gonna ride with when you when we start talking with the Bills, That's why I started thinking about that, because you want the Bills to win it. Man, you want the Bills bad. Was this NFC?
Speaker 9: Nope, just super Bowl. I don't see AFC NFC yet.
Speaker 2: Like division and conference, got you got you don't take a little time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, drafts gotta go buy for agency all that.
Speaker 11: I wonder if those are I wonder if those are odds before the debo contract or since the debo contract.
Speaker 4: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I bet it since Yeah, I was gonna say, I bet it's I bet it updates very very thinking about what it was. Gambling world, if it was that different.
Speaker 4: Commander Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Champs, Bangles are sitting there pretty high.
Speaker 4: They gotta fix our defense for not making the play. They gotta fix that defense. If they can fix the defense, they could win it all next year. Question for Will Compton if the Commanders win the Super Bowl, were the changes you get a ring? Oh eighty twenty?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Probably a fat zero, a fat goose.
Speaker 4: Oh really you never know? You never know? You were captain?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows? How they treat their alumni.
Speaker 4: We'll find out if the Raiders will not probably get a ring, No shit.
Speaker 2: The way that they treat their alumni, no doubt, man. And I'm not saying all teams treat their alumni badly. I'm just saying, like it's crazy. I feel like with the with the Raiders email, the alumni email, the access that they give them, just all of it.
Speaker 4: And if you're always reaching out, if you had the luxury of playing for a few teams like you, did you get to compare contrast these other teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alumni, Yeah, we do not there who's wrong out the red cart? Who's going to recruit?
Speaker 4: Raiders are number one by far?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Okay, Washington is up there because again, Washington is where I spent most of my career. That's where I have my best football memories besides as far as the luxury of recruiting.
Speaker 4: So that's twenty eighteen. Yeah, dude, we got to help a podcast for you guys today, man, Jelly and Ernest.
Speaker 2: Hey, how excited bro? Again Not to just continue to harp on Fandel the boys going independent, but this is this is the next chapter.
Speaker 10: We're in it.
Speaker 2: And for people who are curious about like, you know, the whole, the whole sellout, the whole sellout headline people act like Barstools shooting with us in the gym the entire time, like we were staying in this thing up before Barstools, they identified a great asset. People called us sellouts when we were going to Barstool. Now that we're going independent, like we're going fully independent, and for people who are having trouble wrapping their brain around it, it's like, here's an easy example as I can give. We were on the phone last week with our with our sales and everything else, talking about like what partners were going to be working with, like this deal that ultimately we're in with people like oh money, this money that like we're going to be making like overdouble what Barstool was able to offer off the few partners that we now have, whereas last year the offer that we have all encompassing for Barsol, we worked with what thirty different partners. There are times we felt like we're just saturated with our content because we're making so many.
Speaker 4: Feel that way. But you also see in the comments, you're like, hey, why there's so many ads? Why is there so much this? And it's like we weren't in control of that process.
Speaker 2: We do we're told do? Yeah, yeah, we did, contract to poper belief. We were good soldiers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were incredible soldiers. Can we sit there, lay on the grenade?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So getting getting to be picky, getting to kind of just do our own thing. And again we're making the website, we're going we're going at it with our own merch, but just to kind of be a little bit more selective with our partners in the future. We're able to do that. We have full control and we get to do it the support of fan duel and I mean, it's fucking exciting.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, man, it really is. It's gonna be it's gonna be a fun few years. See where we can take this thing run around we.
Speaker 2: Can do I mean, the boys talking in the back of the bus are some whispers of a short bus podcast, Yeah, working title, Working.
Speaker 4: Shorts podcast.
Speaker 8: Comments are comments are flooding in saying I need it like I need to breathe. Oh okay, I mean I'm not that's not me saying. That's the comments that are saying.
Speaker 4: That's the comments that Tier ones are out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we're fired up.
Speaker 8: Who knows, maybe our episodes it's a numbers.
Speaker 4: Well, Mitch in this competition with Episodes and other brands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're.
Speaker 8: If you're not fighting for something to get to chase after, then what are you doing it for the.
Speaker 2: L to pullograph?
Speaker 1: Get on it?
Speaker 4: Coop Mitch is acting different. Hold Over Mitch is different. Put the glasses on. Put the glasses on.
Speaker 6: They hardly fit.
Speaker 4: You have no doubt you better get those back for them before they break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eyes, will you say gee, we.
Speaker 10: Can cut it?
Speaker 11: If not, but do you all want to tease the video that you are working on?
Speaker 4: The video will play before at the start of this episode.
Speaker 11: I want to talk about making it.
Speaker 2: The video is fun to make Boom making the video, It's like, you know, going into the video, it's going to be a big announcement. You're wanting anybody, whether it's the tier ones, the stoolies, people who love the who follow the podcast in industry, people who just want to know our story. It's like we wanted to craft a video they kind of like told our story. So getting to go back to where we shook hands at the Best Walk Chinese restaurant, getting to go back to the gravel parking lot, the shed behind the abandoned church, getting to hit all those spots and the guys who were shooting it to shrm JP Jared, guys who had fully grasped all the history with busting before we became where we are now. It's like we wanted to kind of capture all of those things in that video announcing our awesome partnership partnership with FanDuel. So that's kind of like what we were wanting to hit on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was really well put. There's not a whole much to add for that, but like the my favorite part of making that video was between takes kind of reminiscing on the gravel parking lot all the train that's going by right now, Hey where every bus with the Boys podcast, you're gonna get the train. Then going to the shed. Walking inside the shed, it's literally like a time capsule like our old Seltzer are Hunter Briley, one of our first sponsors, being able to see all that, like literally nothing changed we left and no one's been in that shed since we left, like three years ago. It was unlocked. And then yeah, we the church, the abandoned church. It was just it was awesome to film. It was a fun, like full day of really being able to break all this down and seeing it and then watching it come together the way it has. Man, it's it's awesome. And anybody who like tunes in for the first time, if they're like fans of Jellywell or Ernest, are they just seeing like some rumblings going on about us going into pen and they just want to check it out, Like it is a great snapshot to see like how these last five years have gone with Bust with the Boys, and it's just it's cool to see this next chapter and what's gonna what's gonna happen next. We don't know, we have an idea, but there's just so much opportunity out in front of us, and we're excited for everybody that's that's joining.
Speaker 2: And just this whole thingies like renting a fucking generator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a shave costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, hey, let's rent first, because we don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't know where, you don't know.
Speaker 2: No clue.
Speaker 4: And I remember thinking like, well, like in the beginning, we'll put in he bought all the cameras and mics and everything like that. I just paid for the bus and to gut the bus and get it all kind of done up. Everythinking myself, Man, if I can make this ten thousand dollars back, that's a good investment. Like this this is it'll be a fun, good investment. And to see it truly turn into a career, it's awesome. And it doesn't happen without people watching every single week, subscribing, unsubscribing, commenting all those things and.
Speaker 2: Seeing where the industries went too. And I'm not saying like we were the pioneers and any of this, like who knows if people were pulling inspo from it, but just to see where the industry's at, where athletes are now having podcasts like it was so foreign at that time. Yeah, because again the only true inspo as from athlete to podcast media was McAfee and McAfee being a pro bowler, having the big time contracts that you know he talks about, like his comedy tour, like he had a lot of things going already that allowed him to just be like, Oh, this is gonna be the move to retire because I have shit I can do. We saw it in front of him, Yeah, he saw in front of him where it's like he's like I can make this money, Like this is no big deal to walk away to where I know me personally I'm sending back. It's like you're kind of going like, hey, ho, you don't know if this podcast is even going to take off, Like let's figure out if you can you know, play football while trying to stand up some podcasts, right, and just seeing it all unfold the way it has with the just the inspiration in the blueprint of a Pat McAfee and also when you look back, like JJ Redick in the basketball world, but there really just wasn't anything going on, and see where the industry's at now with athletes having their own thing and doing their own collaborations, whether it's podcast content, vlogs, YouTube channels, whatever it is. It's just cool to see that we took a shot back then because it did it very much felt like a shot that we were very insecure about at first.
Speaker 4: And there's a point in this video where's very quick where you see me and Will talking in a team meeting and Rabel standing in front of us pissing off Rabel. I cannot stress to you how much anxiety took place when we were sitting in team meetings when the podcast first started. Well, it wasn't even we Yeah, it was even it was me by myself for you what was underplot for it? And then walk in during OTAs after de Landy Walker talking about almost dying on an eye from an IV and walking in the trainers of him and be like, you're a fucking piece of shit, like what do you what are you trying to soil us for? And I'm I'm not trying to obviously, he's just he told the story. He's alive. And then you go into a team meeting and pulls up a clip of me and Will sitting on a bus with Delaney in a grabber first episode, our first episode. He's like, guy, listen, it's great. You guys want to start your media thing. That's awesome, But like, let's just remember the keys when we're talking now that you are the media, Let's talk about the keys how we handle ourselves. And you're just sitting there. There's one hundred people upper management, guys like guys that just got drafted. There's ninety three players, and then you know another twenty thirty staff and you're just feeling you're all alone, and everyone's like, what the fuck is Taylor doing?
Speaker 2: What an idiot?
Speaker 4: Because I sit there.
Speaker 2: Rule number like rule number one is like, don't do anything that hurts the team, right, And Delaney tells a story about almost ivy and not only did he tell us, I doubled down and said, yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: JAG's game Thursday night football. I remember feeling terrible because too much air got my IV Like.
Speaker 2: That's why you need to get like third parties with ivs and stuff like that. I kind of just put the training room in such a tough spot, just absolutely.
Speaker 4: And then when you went to the Raiders and you called me and you're like, dude, this is cat this rookie named Max Crosby, who's like about the show. Yeah, and just thinking like all the way across the country, and well, yeah, in Oakland at the time, there's there's people that are watching the show and embracing it. And then with us being and I don't know.
Speaker 2: If we are tasting the bubble outside of Tennessee because even though I wasn't on a team, when I'm sitting and watching you guys, because again, that was their year, that was the year you ended up going to the AFC Championship, but you started off like two and four. Like when I'm sitting there watching you guys, lose. All I'm thinking about is fuck man, I hate that we got to put out another episode and I'm like, I don't even want to ask Taylor to do an injury.
Speaker 4: Not only that, the first season Bustwo the Boys came out, I was suspended for the first four games, sitting at home and they're like, this fucking guy in this podcast, you'd rather do it, but I'm like, I really want to be on the field and due ude this second guessing, the being like just scared about everything. Like Will and I would get off the bus. We would do like three episodes in a row to backlog for the season, and we on our car right tone would be on the phone like what do you think about this? What do you think about that? That was kind of stupid?
Speaker 10: No, it was fine.
Speaker 4: I think it was fine. And it's like this game of insecurity of us trying to fit a puzzle piece to see where the next thing is. And I don't know if it's like a lot like we always go back and forth like were we the first like players to start a podcast where we not like let's just say for like like we were, let's just say we were. It's so cool to see now in twenty twenty five that everybody's got a podcast, and whether we were a big piece of that or a small piece of that, Like, it is so cool to be a part of like the changing of media and to sit on this bus and be able to change the landscape of media. Whether it's half a percent or eighty percent, it's just it's awesome to give the voice back to the players and the players taking that and being like, well, we everyone wants to tell our narrative, why don't we tell our own narrative. That's why I bus with the voice has been successful as the people that come on, they sit here, they talk to us, they say things, they feel comfortable to say things with us. Then they get off and they're like, I didn't like this is this? We don't keep it and say, oh, sorry you said this, So it's going to come on the show. It's like, let us work with you to make sure that you feel comfortable coming back on again and again. Yeah, that's why you see so many recurring guests on Busting with the Boys. So it's awesome. It's awesome that you guys get to see that three four five minute video of how this whole thing started.
Speaker 2: Just a snapshot of Yeah, it's again. It's like we stood this thing up. It wasn't like we pitched an idea to a network and then you go in and they own all of your stuff. We were able to position ourselves in a great spot to where now it's like reaping those benefits to where the number one sports book in America wants to be our presenting sponsor of the Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 4: They believe in us enough to put all their shit on our shit, yeah, and put us on their app and be like, please help us grow this brand. It's like, how fucking cool is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And you know we've worked with them, We've were i mean for a couple of months now. We've been in talks figuring out how we're gonna launch this thing and everything, like it's gonna be fucking awesome. It's gonna be awesome, and it's gonna be it'll be fun man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And with the boys too, Like this crew that's sitting in here, like there's gonna be a vlog dropping, I assume this week or soon about how the Boys have been able to feel a similar impact that we have from the deals.
Speaker 4: We've got to say too, much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously you boys know how much we love you. We we we tried to explain it to you, and we all sit down this bus and talk to you guys like you guys were have been like such a big part of how Bust from the Boys has been successful.
Speaker 1: It's just because.
Speaker 4: Billingarn the mic, like do editing the videos, like late nights, like planning all these things out, Will and I being idiots at times and fucking stuff up, having to redo custom socials, having to go back because we put the kick on a couple of years ago, and getting yelled at by Dave and all those things, like thank you for everything. We really appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: What's what's what's been your most frustrating moment with the boys.
Speaker 10: With us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I feel like this one's like because we're kind of telling him I know where it is we do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I want to I do. I would love to know.
Speaker 11: The easiest one is whenever you need will and you text him and he doesn't answer, but you see him tweet like twenty times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, look, you know, let's stop this game. I'll co sign that. Willie I'll say goodbye to Will, and I'm like, oh fuck, I forgot tell him this. And Will and I are way differently. I'd rather much, I'd much rather call you than text you, because I'm just like, hey, real quick, boom, I'll call and we just said goodbye. It's been three minutes and he won't answer, and then I'll see him tomorrow and there will be no answer. I'll have to ask that question the next day, doing do me?
Speaker 7: Do me?
Speaker 10: And get it over with.
Speaker 8: Just I said mine before, and I was the first one to say and I felt awful for what was mine was the same thing that she said. But yeah, I Will knows that I have like so much anxiety texting him, so he does his best to respond back to me.
Speaker 4: Look at you care in a big stick, yes, do me?
Speaker 7: Do you for you?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Like, I don't know, maybe like a it's not a crazy big one. But if ever, there's an influx of ideas. It feels like we need to do this, this, this, this and this, and in my head I'm just thinking of the editing of all of it, and the amount of hours of editing does not match up with the amount of days that it would take until it feels impossible. So I'm like, I don't know how. I don't know how I'm gonna please this guy.
Speaker 10: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's fair, big ideas guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think uh and Michkid probably speaks of this too, because it was frustrating and it's wasn't even so much on y'all as it is just the nature of the business, but like getting the text at eleven pm, like hey, we need to take this out of the the podcast, and then having to come back up here stay till like three am before and let it export and everything, and then even if like yeah, stuff like that. But I also will say, y'all handle those like ar mistakes very well, and like, oh yeah, I mean y'all, y'all are really good about handling our mistakes and being kind of like gracious or showing grace with those.
Speaker 2: And on a positive yeah, great shit sandwiches served right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was nice. Kind of makes you forget about the the critical eye, Like I said, something nice.
Speaker 2: Jack over there stroking that mustache, even waiting for an opportunity they.
Speaker 1: Got too much. I don't have much.
Speaker 7: I mean I feel like, well, if you could guess, you would know and It's what Mitch says when I text you over and over for videos and then you like you're like, yeah, I got you, and then it'll be two days later I'm like.
Speaker 10: Hey about that video. But no, no, I feel like, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 7: You guys are gracious with us, so I think we can can be too. And we also are all around each other constantly, like in such tight quarters that it's bound to get a little heated sometimes. But over the last five years, there's never been something that's like dramatically made I feel like people angry. I mean maybe, but I think everything's cool.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 9: Sure them you got anything in your first nine months, Yeah, I don't know with that sample size if I really do have a good one. Nothing that was like super big. I feel like with Taylor, we had a ton of communications through DMS before I was full time, and so that communication was like super helpful with the types of memes and stuff that I was making with them. You are big on calling, You're also big on voice messaging.
Speaker 4: Whereas I love the voice message, which is.
Speaker 9: So helpful and it's changed a ton since I'm here in person. But to that point, with Will, it was more so just a text of the broad idea. And then you send them the meme and then he's like, not what I'm looking for at all. And that's like all you get back. And then you're like, oh, well I can what would you like to change?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: It's good already posted something. Anyways, we're all straight, I'm like, oh damn. But now that I'm here in person, like you, you're big on face to face. You talk a ton when you're in front somebody will but uh, you know, yeah, you can pick something apart in the text. There's nothing wrong with that. Pick it apart, all right, all right, I had to dig for something that was all I.
Speaker 2: Could come up with.
Speaker 8: The cool thing like what JP was saying. It's like the graciousness and stuff like that. It's like some places you're like, hey, you need you need to cut this out. They're like, hey, cut this out, and it's like they don't you don't understand. They don't understand like what that means for us. But you like Will has been or Tailor's texted multiple times like hey, this sucks, but you're gonna have to go cut this out.
Speaker 6: I know it's ass, but like you got to and it's just yeah.
Speaker 8: And like even a couple of weeks ago when I and then I came back and I sent Will like, hey, maybe we need some of that that little food for the boys, and then you ended up hooking it up. But it's like you guys know that, it's like kind of asked that we have to go do it. But and it like so it makes it easy, like Okay, they know they're not like, hey, just go do it. They know like, hey, this is gonna I know this sucks, but you kind of land the plane easy.
Speaker 9: Thank you for your grace last week.
Speaker 4: Thank you your grace.
Speaker 2: You should we jump into the interview.
Speaker 4: A little at sky. Before we jump in, let's talk about something that's near and dear to our hearts. And that is true Classic, Oh buddy. One of my biggest worries when we were leaving the pirate ship to go into petit was is true Classic going to stay with us. Because I am a cartoon character, I pretty much wear the same thing every day. In the winter time, I put the same jacket on, I wear all black, I wear the black jeans like everything. True classic shirts. I've never had a shirt that's fit better. I've never had a pair of pants that I enjoy wearing more. And the best part of these pants, it's like they're like old school pants. They don't wear and break the longer you wear them. They like it like it learns your body. It's like what were those tempepediing mattresses? Like you lay on it and eventually it just kind of learns you a little bit. These jeens learned me. They understand me a little bit. They learned me, and I like it. They had a couple things on here. I want to gas them up for a second. But they have twenty new styles in tall this year. I feel like I'm a little bit of part of that because they did not make these thirty six thirty six is before. Now they're going to that's big time. If you don't mind buying online, they're at Target and they're a multiple Nashville if you're local. The number three things perfect fit field price. No matter what you buy, it's going to have three things tops or bottoms. Their mantra is look good, feel good, love anything you want to say with your classic No.
Speaker 2: I'm fired up that they came over with us, because again, when we're going through all that stuff, you're kind of like trying to be as gracious as possible with you know, things coming to an end, so you're waiting on them to give you the green light on reaching out to sponsors versus trying to just go in and take as many sponsors as possible. That we're working with you, and it is cool that True Classic's coming with us. Like when we first got in touch with him, I just remember the CEO Ryan, like, I had a massive order for Christmas from my brothers and my dad. I spent like over one thousand dollars. He identified, He's like, oh, that's a that's busted with the boys ends up sending a bunch more free merch and they end up coming on with us just because of that big purchase that was made. And so knowing like we have a cool relationship with Ryan and knowing that they're that he's coming with us, that he's bringing True Classic with us, it is big time. I mean from head to toe. They was talking about the jeans, the sweatpants, the shirts.
Speaker 4: Up pants had a little bit more so stretching at us. You can see the cap you're wearing nothing, You're basically wearing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super comfortable and he just got sending us these new shirts. They've kind of done some new material with the T shirts. Yes, bro, and uh it is big time. We're fired up that they're coming with the boys, working with the boys, because it's like, even even if they weren't, we had started wearing True Classic before they came on as a partner, So.
Speaker 4: True Classic kind of fucked up because if they said no, we're not gonna go with you guys, I'd probably still just wear True Classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know.
Speaker 4: Us because I'm still gonna wear the ship. And also, dude, what I love about Ryan is like he understands like the giveaway game, like the pricing everything. So like I'm sure in the next year there will be so many True Classic giveaways.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, It'll be like when a big memory that comes to mind is when the tornadoes were happening in Nebraska. He's sending a shipload of product everywhere in Nebraska's when people were affected by that. So he is massive on the giveaways. Just he's just the guys guy.
Speaker 4: He's the guys guy. And if you want to feel it a guy's guy while wearing guys guys stuff, go to True Classic dot com forward slash bust and that's b uss. I am true classic dot com forward slash bustin let's get to this episode. Uh, this is a special episode for us. We were kind of like, hey, this is the big announcement podcast. Who should we do? Should we get this big time guy? We've never talked to guests? And then we started talking a little bit more and it was like, why don't we get a couple of people that have been on the on the bus several times? Ogs Not only are ogs if there's like being around us in our homies, but they also have ascended to new heights that are crazy. Jelly Roll is conquering the entire world. Ernest has eleven He's written eleven singles and has one single sorry eleven number ones and has a number one himself. Like very well known that Ernest is possibly going to be the greatest songwriter in national history, Like right now, he's the greatest songwriter in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Everybody you want to get.
Speaker 4: Ernest in a room with you. He's that type of cat. And you guys see jelly Roll everywhere. We had the opportunity to grand Ole Opera. We talked about that last week'sisode. But like this guy, you see him, you see how humble is how nice he is, uh, and you see his journey with the whole weight loss, Like is this guy really like that jelly roll is every bit of that and more like he's he's always great to the boys in the back. He treats us like family, like he is an amazing individual.
Speaker 2: So he dies into those details at the insecurities with and everything. So this is a big one on his weight loss journey for sure, a big one.
Speaker 4: And he's I mean, Ernest made a joke. He looks like it before in a before picture, but like like he truly he has made such a big change, Like you could see his face as starting to shrink, his body. He's just starting to wear himself better. And so I'm excited. I can't wait to see in a couple of years, like where he's at, he might.
Speaker 2: Be just jacked.
Speaker 4: Who's the dude from uh remember the Titans? You're the big heavy guy I forget, but that dude had a similar weight loss journey. He was on Rogan like I don't know how long ago, but he is like a legit six pack now Ethan subtly even softly, Hello for you type in. My name is Earl but here great, great, fantastic You see this?
Speaker 1: Is I seen?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Have you seen this guy before? Have I seen like this?
Speaker 4: Have you seen this after?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen him, but I know I didn't know he looked like that now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude's made some big changes in his life. Anyway. That being said, Jolly Roll is definitely on that trajectory right now. Let's enjoy this episode. Thank you, Fandel, Thank you everyone who watches this show. Please subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe and then comment big hugs, tiny kisses, things off or what?
Speaker 2: No, you're selling what you're drinking on?
Speaker 1: Lemon waters?
Speaker 4: That's jelly as old as time. Come out here at that gallon lemon water.
Speaker 2: That keep that, keep that stumping. You see the lemon floating around in there. You can you can show we're uh.
Speaker 10: I feel like lemon water would just dog.
Speaker 1: The first thing I want to say is that there's no way have I ever is this always been the couch?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you've done here with you torture. This is different. I went I weighed forty more pounds than I do now to last time. Yeah, dude, we I think we were just like that. I missed you, by the way, feel free to get closer to Hey, we got a room for Jesus. Jesus would have to be interact, but we have a room for Jesus.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless.
Speaker 1: Listen, wife, you say that all the time we lay in bed late night we first got together. She goes, Look, we cudd until we go to sleep, but after that we need to leave some room for the Holy Spirit. Waited out the first night together. It was like gangster back to back sleeper.
Speaker 2: I know we got the due back on the bus. Yeah, O g boys, So somebody sitting over here, what do you mean when you had both of them on? Because I think that was during my honeymoon.
Speaker 10: Uh, somebody or trust me, I would have opted probably to do that.
Speaker 4: I look back at that episode and see if we just left Wills as if he was here in spirit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's see what it was looking believe. No, there was the dude, I'm where, I'm dressed like Rocky Balbo, I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why you're confused. I have been on this bus so much. Yeah, yeah, you're right. There was a time where it was just me and Wheel and I sat there, and there was a time where it was me Taylor, and I think Ernest was. Yes, we did a three piece because obviously you know me being so much.
Speaker 10: There was one time you came on after my fourth of July.
Speaker 1: I know, when I almost shipped myself.
Speaker 10: On this that's you.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, you had to go and leave panicked ship. Yeah, never forget that ship. The rest of you're moving. It looked like I passed a weed basket. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is crazy how much y'all have been on this bus.
Speaker 10: We built this busy.
Speaker 4: We built this because when we first had you on, you were going.
Speaker 10: You and me are like, ah, that's like road thirty three on a Southwest flife three uh D and E on a south US flight and uh and we can't wait for our little wafers.
Speaker 4: God damn you boys like different human beings, Different human beings.
Speaker 2: Goddamn your hair.
Speaker 1: No, do you miss your beard?
Speaker 10: Nooto anything about that. I don't miss it. I don't miss that guy. I don't miss it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: How much different is it?
Speaker 2: Looking at the photo?
Speaker 1: Fishes pecker out of his stomach?
Speaker 13: What about your pep?
Speaker 2: God damn?
Speaker 4: Completely different human beings, completely you know we're looking at jelly Joel. You look completely different human beings. Yeah, God damn. How long ago was this episode?
Speaker 10: Two years? Two years?
Speaker 4: Could have been two years?
Speaker 2: And did look smaller there? Oh the black?
Speaker 1: Maybe since happened years?
Speaker 10: I want to start two years ago. You still had a job two years ago, he's.
Speaker 1: Talking about, talk about.
Speaker 10: Jill lost a bunch of weight, Rosie O'donnald.
Speaker 2: You know what I love about this.
Speaker 1: It reeks of real friends. Thank you' all boys for having us back. Hell yeah, y'all. The first episode conversation, I was like, this is how we would talk outside of the bush.
Speaker 2: This is the launch of our independence. It wouldn't It wouldn't feel right if it wasn't on.
Speaker 10: This is it, this is it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just wrote out that closeship independence. We're rolling now going.
Speaker 10: Independent.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it first. Y'all want to live there? Y'all want to do it separate without us?
Speaker 10: No, No, we'll live there there.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, man, listen. I know not that y'all y'all were in a great deal, but there was a time in my life that I was in a bad deal, and getting out of that deal made every ownership decision after that, every independence, every next move means so much more to me, And I wonder if that's how y'all feel sitting here today, like the fucking bus is back.
Speaker 4: God's that's a good question, because you did you We weren't a great deal before why Barstool was awesome to us in every way, and it was a difficult decision to like kind of go independent. But once, like you, once we saw the path, it was like, Okay, this the bus, nothing's changing about the show. Like this, the show is going to be the show, but like the opportunities that it presents with the access to other places to go to being able to because like Barstool is unbelievable, but there's also a lot of red tape sometimes, like if you try to do stuff in the NFL or colleges, stuff like that, because they've been around for so long and they've pushed the boundaries. A lot of people don't understand, Like, especially when we first started, they didn't really understand how Barstool is not trying to like hurt people, They're just trying to be real about conversations. And then as like towards the end of our deal, people were really starting to be like, Okay, barstool people were trending more towards the barstool world. But this is going to be awesome to like find new people to like kind of be a part of this thing, go and see like different events that we've never gone to before.
Speaker 1: Have that type of access acting as a complete independent. Yeah, like that's you know, like that's a that's a cool thing. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like me and Ernest were just talking about it. To throw Ernest under the bus is that Ernest is producing his next record. And in my eyes, I knew Ernest was a producer three years ago when I got him to produce Son of a Center four years ago, Ernest didn't quite know it yet, Like, you know what, I've decided to produce my own records. I was like, fucking I screamed that four years ago. But it's so cool now. Ernest's sessions are different, Like he's not locked into a writer's room now. When he texts me at night, he's like, Yo, I'm at the studio. He's at the studio and he's producing records.
Speaker 10: No ship, it's pretty fun. I mean, it's gonna be with other produce. I'm gonna co produce and bring other people in. But like Joey is so busy and they're launching the rock the rock stuff. They're going all in on rock. And because of him, like I feel confidence in being empowered to just state my own opinion in a studio. I'm know by no means a mix engineer or even an engineer at all. I'm not the guy at the computer. I like, I hear the music. I want to pull the band together and sing the parts and stuff like that. Those are That's what I'll bring to the table as a producer.
Speaker 4: And you're producing your your next album right now.
Speaker 10: I'm about to start. Yeah, we just did. We got the Cadillac Sessions coming out, which is with record. I started a record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, celebrations around.
Speaker 10: Deville Records. So I've got Chandler Walters, Rhys Rutherford, and Cody loadin and we went and cut like sixteen songs. Each of the guys got two original songs and did a cover. I did like three or four originals, did a cover. I got a Snoop Dogg feature on there. We got Miranda Lambert, Jake Worthington. There might be one other last minute that comes through, But yeah, we're gonna launch it all together. I'm gonna put these guys on as best I can, and then they got to go out and make it happen for themselves.
Speaker 2: Now did you did you have kind of these plans in place before your independence kind of kind of set off? Just talking from our experience, it's like, yeah, the Fan Duel deal got us away from barstool, but you're sitting there, it's like once those conversations started to take place and you realize like, oh, we can collaborate and kind of work with whoever, and the phone's kind of blowing up and we can kind of pick our brands.
Speaker 4: When you saw my fel out loud just now, part of me was like, we gotta cut down.
Speaker 2: I knows were to even say Fan Duel and the Cats out the bag with everything else. But did you have like this, were some of these plans in place where you're like, all right, I'm going independent. I do believe in myself.
Speaker 10: I'm not independent. I'm still in partnership my label. It's still Big Loud Records.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: And then my my joint, my joint venture with Big Loud is the Deville Records. So as an artist. I'm still signed to Big Loud Records, and I'm just going to take on some of the responsibility of bringing my presenting.
Speaker 1: My album to the label.
Speaker 10: Like has some of your own creative direction, Yeah, and they've always given me creative direction. But I think this, this is gonna be uh without Joey moy which is scary because he's the best, the best.
Speaker 4: He's the best, and one is Joey. He's a producer, producer and.
Speaker 10: Literally literally on Billboard Hot one hundred, he's been number one for almost I feel like years from from starting Nickelback to Florida Georgia line at their peet Morgan wand you.
Speaker 1: Know what he's done. Why I respect Joy Moore and I think he's the best, one of the best to ever do it in any genre, is that he's proved ever all timer is that he's proven he can do it over and over again, and he creates sounds around times and artists like, think about how how different Nickelback sounded when we first heard Nickelback. Think about how different Florida Georgia Line heard when we first heard Florida Georgia line. Think about how different Morgan Wallen sound and when we really got into the Dangerous record, you know what I mean, Like, we've watched this dude make the biggest artist on earth four times over Hardy's rock sound like that's Hardy's spirits, Hardy song right nor where he wants to go. But that's a guy that can create a stone cold country record but also knew enough about a Nickelback record, like yeah, we put out a metal record. You know what I mean? This dude is like that is what to me. That's like the range when you have that kind of range, like fuck you man, ud he's the best.
Speaker 4: So this guy is staying with the times and also finding the new times. When we look back at the twenties and the tents, we'll look back and be like, yo, that that was Joey essentially.
Speaker 10: And that's what he's doing. Look for the next wave and it's going to be rock and roll, and Joey moy is gonna be right behind.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a rock and roll boys.
Speaker 10: Don't leave me hanging, but watch I'm calling it rock and rolls next in the in the big Oh you got three? Oh damn, I never saw you. I've been looking at this guy and nobody's looking at That's why I've been talking. I've been talking to the one camera point.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Looking making direct? I'm breaking the fifth wall. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: It is nuts. It's nuts to see you guys blow up the way you guys have. And then the relationships that, like I was saying, trying to say before, like when we had you on, you were going viral for doing fake cracking open beers they make the angel Yeah, sitting there, it goes every time, yeah, time. And then Jelly and I were talking about this at the Grendel Opry, sitting in his car while I was like in panic mode, they're coming, their coming feeling I was too yeah, but him him saying, I remember sitting there with somebody at a truck place and be like, hey, you gotta have this this jelly roll guy on. I'm thinking we just started this podcast. I don't know who this is. I don't listen to rap. And then Shop comes and you just rolled with him and you were just such an awesome dude. We're like, yeah, well for sure to get this jelly roll guy on. And then look where we are five six years later.
Speaker 10: Life has changed so much was in like pajama pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and Crost witched up big time. I was getting the shades on.
Speaker 10: I was hammering mimosas out of a out of a yettie cup. I had a big thing of champagne and orange juice. Was just hammering mimosasp I'd.
Speaker 1: Like to say, Ernest is growing up, y'all. It's been really cool.
Speaker 10: I mean he was still you know, there's a lot of to grow, but I've.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he left room for improvement, of course, but he's doing great.
Speaker 10: I'm moving vertically on my on my chart.
Speaker 4: That's all you need, that's all you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: By day Yeah, Geronimo, here comes the crash.
Speaker 4: So so when so when you're starting to produce this album, you're you're about to do it, Like, how does that? How does that process go?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Have you written everything already?
Speaker 10: I'm just I'm just now starting to write all the The Cadillac sessions is done, We got the masters back. That'll come out sometime this spring. But for my album, I just now started wrapping my head around writing it.
Speaker 4: How sick was it with Snoop Dogg?
Speaker 10: I mean that is I only met him because of Jelly Roll I mean, that's all. That's all Jelly. He created that relationship because he's Jelly Roll. And then Snoop came to Nashville to pop up with Jelly Roll. And I tell people all the times like I didn't follow my nose backstage because that would have done me no good. It always smells like Snoop Dogg's backstage. But I went to where the most security was and I was like, I haven't told you this, it's the best way to go. I went to where there was a bunch of security and I went to one guy and I was like, Snoop back there, and he goes no. And then the guy that knew me comes back from behind him was like he's back there all right. So I weaseled my way back to the door. There's one more guy and I was like, my name is Ernest. I just played out here. I'm opening for Jelly. Can I meet Snoop. He opened the door, He's like, Snoop, You're good. He was like yeah, come on. I go in and Snoop his camera guy and like two other people.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: It's like, oh my god, this is literally the moment I've been waiting. Hey man, come here, Hey, can I you mun have you care if I maybe? Can I smoke with you? Can we smoke? Dude? He's like, yeah, for sure. He pushed me on top of the little mini fridge. He pushed me some weed in a backwood and I'm like, hell yeah, I know how to roll. Can't find the scene dry dry wood. So I'm just sitting there. I was like, bro, this ship's not cracking. I'm sorry, I know.
Speaker 2: How to roll a blunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He's like, it's all good. We smoke and I'm like, I was like, can I show you a song I just wrote? I wasn't even pitching him a song.
Speaker 1: Noop had a blunt lit think about how Snoop this is an artist secret. We smoke together and he just gives him a bag.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then that so but that didn't work. So then we're sharing one I'm playing. I was like, can I show you a song I just wrote this week? And he was like yeah.
Speaker 1: And so that's what you gotta love about artists. He's halfway through a blunt with a stranger like, hey, pop off that bluetooth, right.
Speaker 10: It wasn't even bluetooth. I was like, put this to your ear. No immediately put snoop in whoop woop, You're going to demo jail and uh he The video you see on Instagram is him listening to it and we're catching a vibe smoking and then he was like, run that ship back. I wanted to hear the second time. He's like, I your number earned send me that ship, and so he just lived with it for a couple of weeks. I sent him a video from the Cadillac sessions when we were shooting, and it was like a video of my Coop Deville pulling up in the drive and it had that song behind it. So I was just showing him the car and he was like, I need that record, and I was like, I need that record. I'm launching this label boom boom boom. But do you want a verse? And he goes blue heart, blue heart fire emoji, Paul print, Paul print, Paul print, Yes, yes, And I sent him the session like three days later. He sent me back his verses and now he's gonna come to Nashville shooting music video.
Speaker 2: No, Ship's amazing.
Speaker 10: The records Crazy is awesome records that's insane, and it's also.
Speaker 4: The balls it takes to walk into a room with a stranger and be like, can you mind listening to this?
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: How many.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: What artists on earth don't want to talk to somebody?
Speaker 10: Go, you've tried with the you don't want to talk to me?
Speaker 1: You never know, dude. Tyler's all right, I'll I'll see when you get them on the pune.
Speaker 4: You're the gatekeeper for everybody.
Speaker 1: It was to me saying I like with you.
Speaker 10: No, it's we're not even going into that, Tyler. I love your music. I shook your hand.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: You're the best.
Speaker 10: Come on, we'll talk about it anyways, Yes we will. Dude. Also like Feathered Indians Fire but anyway unbelievable, so.
Speaker 7: Uh am I.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, yeah, I love that record, Dude. I sing that I've seen that thing with my wife in the kitchen. I beat the brakes off of it. The song or.
Speaker 13: Boy Losing Weight?
Speaker 1: I got my test disappeared?
Speaker 4: What's your test that right now?
Speaker 1: Dude? I I get tested this week, but we're guessing it's probably like five fifty six.
Speaker 10: Dude.
Speaker 1: I started it like double digits, no ship, my estrogen was so double digits. Wait, double digits doc. They've never seen it. It was listen.
Speaker 10: Transition record.
Speaker 1: I had to take another test because they didn't believe it. They were like, this is crazy, really dead ass dude. And I lost a little weight and six months later took another test and I was like one.
Speaker 4: Twenty had to feel good to see this three digits.
Speaker 1: Even then I was like, oh, I'm getting there. They were like, we'd like to see you in a thousand. I was like, I'm not there nowhere. My estrogen was as you could guess, super highestosteron.
Speaker 4: You gott you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: And then I wanted to get an estrogenes, just that one.
Speaker 1: Up here that you've got a little more than most. That's the first tale that's right there in the boob beach.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Ernest.
Speaker 4: The other night I walked in door wide open to his room. He's just sitting there, shirt off, chilling, shirtless.
Speaker 1: You're fucking a festival fifty thousand people. Earth is not getting man.
Speaker 2: I love my body. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Australia, that'll happen.
Speaker 4: That is so funny.
Speaker 10: In Australia. This is a This is the reason that ended up happening is because two days prior at the outside festival. They were all screaming shoey, shoey, shoey, and two songs in I was like fuck it. I did a shoey, drenched my shirt and alcohol took my shirt off through into the crowd, and then my next song was Ain't as Easy, which is like a slow sad song. I had to do the rest of my forty five minutes shirtless. I mean, I got sad songs. I'm holding guitars, and I'm looking like that holding guitars. Day be a good day for T shirt shops someboddy. Yeah there it is like that, what a look.
Speaker 1: What a commitment.
Speaker 2: We spend enough time on this double digit testosterone the highest levels like what twelve hundred I think, so I don't know. I'm for you to get medically like if football players are below like two ninety or three hundred or something like that, like three times that they test that way three times, you can medically get prescribed to stosterone because your testosterone is very low for you to be double digits like that is I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: It was like unreal, and then it was now we're getting way more even I got another blood to This is my first blood test, and like I'm doing every three to four months. Now I was doing every month. I'm doing every three to four just because I see what's happening. So it's like that blooding gonna tell me that my body's not showing me, you know what I mean? Does that makes sense now? Where there was a time where I had to watch it all the time, like just make sure we don't have any heart markers going. When you're five hundred and fifty pounds and a full blown alcoholic does cocaine, you got to worry.
Speaker 10: What's happening for quite a while. I feel like a drug dealer could have told you that. You know, it's like you want how much?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: It's been cool man, getting my getting my I got. I started with Gary Breca, who was the first person that came in and really like got me right. And then I've been working with UH. Since Gary split, I've been working with ways to well down in Austin, Texas. Bring them in doctor Denise, they do Burt, they do all the all the all the Austin homies, and they've just dude. And the cool thing was she came in on some really cool stuff. She said, look, we're gonna go back to grassroots with you. We're gonna get off all this stuff. We're gonna take a little testosterone. And she gave me a met foreman because I still haven't took the shot. And for the record, I want to be clear about this, it's not that I'm against the shot. Like anybody out there that's struggling with major obesity. If your doctor believes that the shot is the way for you, I think you should take it. You tell them ozimpic what I don't know what they are, Whatever they are, I think there's more than ozimpic with any one of those shots. If that's actually can I think I know people around me that has changed their life. My problem was it had one side effect that everybody had the same side effing. It was indigestion and ascid reflux. The way I've treated my body, my stomach is the worst thing I have going, you know what I mean. So I was like, I can't afford to fuck my stomach up anymore. Like I'm to a point now I won't take antabotics. When I get a cold, I'll take an antabotics shot, but I try to bypass the gut because I focused the last year on really resetting my gut. So that's why I didn't do the shot. So she was like, look, your insulin is through the roof. Though. She's like, at least take a met formant. It'll start helping you. That's it. That fast testosterone started going up, estrogen started coming down naturally. I didn't have to do an estrogen blocker or nothing. It just kind of naturally started. She was like, trust me that the titty number is gonna come down when the Pecker number goes up.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a layman term for me to get it. So it's been working, dude, it's just been that. And I'll tell you something else. And I'm really speaking more so, do y'all watching this anybody who's dealing with real obesity, like super obesity, there is no getting around food in and food out. You can. I don't care what diet you try to chase fether it's keto. Whatever works for you works for you. But it only works for you because your body is burning more than it's consuming. It's that easy. You just have to be disciplined in that that extra Reese's cup that you think don't matter if you do that four times a week. That's an extra two thousand calories going into your diet that you don't think about, you know what I mean. It's like, these are the little things like I had to cut out. I had to completely change my relationship with food in every aspect. I had to get very I have to treat food the same way I treat cocaine now, like I don't want it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: That's only weekendwich for forty y'all known me long enough.
Speaker 1: When I said that, y'all, we're all looking like, I wonder where this is.
Speaker 4: For the first time threat cocaine.
Speaker 2: It's said in such a moment too. I gotta treat it the same way I treat cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I doesn't want When they first showed me this picture to the left, y'all, I thought somebody had distressed my face. Y'all know, I didn't know I was out there looking like that.
Speaker 4: But dude, even your skin, your skin looks healthier, like it's.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're happier, way happy. Yeah, man so much.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this. You've you've done a bunch of like you've come on the bus lots of times you've had the lemon water. You're saying, I'm changing the stands, changing that. But like, for whatever reason, you'd stumble, what was it about this time that puts you on such a consistent drive?
Speaker 1: And it's funny at the very beginning of this journey, I got on the bus last year about this time talking about this, and I'd love to go, but I can't wait to go back and watch some of that to see where my head was at the beginning of it, because a year later, I can tell you that what it really came down to was two things. One, I knew I was going into my forties, and I knew that nobody at five hundred and fifty pounds lived to be fifty. I seen very few six hundred pounds men at fifty years old, Like that was that obvious, And I was like, oh, this is crazy, Like that means I wouldn't see my son graduate high school. Like I started looking like that. That started getting like more mortality, more than I care to admit, had something to do with it, like genuine like dude, I'm gonna die, you know what I mean. I could feel it too, though, like I was so fat. I couldn't sleep comfortably on any bed, any situation. I never had energy. I just DoD I mean, you know it. I mean I was just I was getting flat disgusted with myself, like every facet of myself. And I'm already fight with these demons anyways. So you start adding, like, you know what, what else happened?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: This is probably too honest. But I always thought that when I got to the success that i'd, like all the mental problems I had, all the addictions I had, would just like disappear, like ah, I made it. I'm out of the neighborhood. I've got money and financial security. Now you know, I'm just like the world's gonna turn into butterflies and care bears and fucking Hallmark cards, you know what I mean. And it wasn't that way. Instead, it was more pressure and more shit, and I just dealt with it the way I dealt with all the pressure in my whole life, eating, drinking, drugging, all that old shit. So I just started getting and then just little things. I couldn't wipe my ass a five hundred and fifty pounds, dude, it was a fucking workout, dog. I would have to put my arm on the wall and turn a little bit with making sure the wall would keep it that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: And there were times you have no clue what a five hundred and fifty pounds man has to do fucking.
Speaker 2: Having to make sure your arm stays there.
Speaker 1: I want to reenact this for y'all.
Speaker 4: Man, you're doing this up, I hope.
Speaker 1: You gotta put wipe your butt.
Speaker 2: And then he looks at It's like, bad ship wipe a lot?
Speaker 10: Did we not early on you?
Speaker 1: Like, look at this, Look at this, this big dude down here, middle page right there. He's not wiping his ash out for sure. That dude six hundred and fifty seven just sitting on it. For sure. He's just just fast. About once a week somebody comes and cleans him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first but day was a game changer. It's crazy, but day helped me.
Speaker 10: So much, so so much of a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the day is also a guessing game.
Speaker 1: You're gonna tissue.
Speaker 2: Clean, you still like to make sure one and they're like, okay, I got a little bit more work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say this.
Speaker 2: Let me get up on the wall and put.
Speaker 1: The shoulder there. Son, I'll show you, dude.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: It was insane. I had to do it for so long. I went to do it the other day out I have it. I was like, I don't have to do that.
Speaker 13: Just fucking wipe, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That is so awesome and eat and clean too.
Speaker 2: You probably get to experience some ghost ships where you don't have to wipe very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, am I something wrong? They are awesome, dude. Get them big old fucking, big old fibery looking living Just sit down there and just make There's a quote in the that I heard the first time I went to alcoholics Anonymous that says, uh something along this line is that people only change when the pain to remain the same as greater than the pain it takes the change. And I hit that moment in my life that's the truth where I was like, I have everything I want and can't enjoy it at all because I've allowed this this addiction food thing kill me. And immediately it was like just snap. And also having a no compromise mindset like I do not I have not ate something with bread in a year like this. In fact, I'll give some super obese people. Just one real tip right now that'll change your whole life today is if it's baked, fucking anything that has to be baked, No fuck, it's that easy, unless it's chicken.
Speaker 2: Head.
Speaker 1: It takes anything that takes flower flower, anything that involves baking like that fast. You cut so much stuff like everything that's really tearing your stomach up and carrying that way though unnecessary calories that are just sitting on you. I just got rid of that. It's kind of that easy, and it's but it's a non negostible for me, Taylor, Yeah, last non negotiable.
Speaker 2: Last year, craigt me if I'm wrong too, But you were also talking about potentially having a kid as as your health journey kind of started and something that kind of got you in check and staying.
Speaker 1: True to it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: We announced that on this podcast, me and Bunny's journey into having a baby, and we're still right in the middle of it and feeling bet talked about that was that was the call I had this morning, was with a doctor about that. So that it's good and good. I can't wait to have something more to say because it's such a stressful journey as y'all know, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You've been through something similar. So it's like you when you get finally you don't want to get too excited, But anytime you get a little good news, you're like, oh, we're trending, right, But I know that. Like I told Bunny, she you know she worries at times against us, But the way my health is right now, times only for us, Like for the first time in my lifetimes. Not I spent my whole life time was against me, Like time's for me right now. You know what I mean, I'm buying time for the first time.
Speaker 2: You were talking about like death, like getting fifty and guys being obese and being over five hundred pounds and now living in their fifties. Like I'm sure maybe you guys felt the same way. But there'd be times where I like think about our relationship like yeah, I love the hell out of Jailly, Like I hope he I hope he's around to enjoy like more moments with him, because you do think about like, yeah, this dude is massive, like he could he could show up, Like you would never be surprised if something popped up the next day on the Internet or a headline like jelly rope.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. It wasn't the way thing too, It was like your habits. Yeah, so like yeah, we went to there and like, yo, obviously love the guy.
Speaker 1: No, I was pouring gasoline on a flame. That dude right there to the left. I keep looking at him. I thought that face was distressed. You got to realize that I don't. I didn't see that. Like, That's something else I want to talk to my big pole about. Is that you don't. You might, you don't when you get so in it. You know it because you feel it when you're fucking can't wipe your butt, but you don't see it that way. You know what I mean, Like when you start seeing it now you look back at it, it's like drug addicts, Bubba, Like anytime I've been around a drug addict that was really in that stuff, I wanted to be Like if you could, if completely sober, you could see you right this moment, just for one second, you would be so lost and disgusted with yourself you would change. You would stop what you were doing right now and check into a rehab. Like I know that because I know who you were before you look like this, You don't know you're out here looking like this, you know what I'm saying. It's like I didn't know I was out there looking like that, you know what, I'm have no clue, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And trying to have that conversation with somebody who's on drugs at that time, and that's it's the best thing in the world. But it's a feeling. You're like, there's no issues right in this very.
Speaker 1: Moment, and they're shame in it too. So it's like, as soon as you know, dude, people used to I felt so bad. I used to watch my wife get berated online where people would be like, you really loved him, you wouldn't let him be this fat, you know what I mean? And she's like, do y'all understand that my husband is a fucking poor street kid. That's a little honery, you.
Speaker 10: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like he's already a little fucking anti establishment anyways, and he's already in his shame and his guilt. Like that's it's hard to talk to people about what they're the most ashamed of. And that's why I'm starting the Loser's Run Club. Was important to me, you know what I mean? Like participating in these five k's and like it was important to me to lose the weight in front of everybody. Man, I don't want to make this whole podcast by my weight, but it's the coolest thing happened in my life. But it's like I I remembered. I would watch people be so ashamed of how big they got, celebrities, and they would go hide and lose the weight and then pop back out like knew me? Who this? You know what I mean? And then they could never really connect because people always like this is weird, you know what I mean? For me, it was more like, no, man, I was so fat, I have lost all of this weight. I'm gonna lose another one hundred pounds. The best part is we're still I still bru. I was so fat that I'm still fat. So fat. Think about that. I was so fat that I'm sitting on your bus right now three hundred and seventy five pounds and we're proud of me.
Speaker 10: It's before and before you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like yo, but it's I see it now and I want people. I want that because I want people to follow with me my goal in life more than it's ever been, right, now is that. I hope people that are challenged with severe obesity and food addiction are watching what's happening with me, because they're watching it. There's I know, it's like, it's hard not I give you a guy that made me want to do it. You talk about things that inspired me, my buddy, I should shout them out. His name is Greg Sanford. He was the bondsman in Nashville, Tennessee. I think he's a bondsman of Williamson County. Now, oh no, he's a real estate agent. But we're still really good friends. Greg lost one hundred and eighty pounds or something a couple of years ago, and I watched him do it. I sat beside him. I was five hundred some pounds and I watched this guy and if he didn't never push it on me, he would invite me to hang. He would invite me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He just kind of preached to me and tried to hook me up with his nutritionness. You're not an I got it. I lose one that shit you're on. But I remember watching him do it and being like, fuck, man, I have no excuse not to do this, you know what I mean, Like I just watched the dude older than me and not as big as me, but you know what I mean, a big dude lose a lot of weight. It was like, I hope people are seeing that. You can watch my whole tour last year me and earn a shooting basketball. I'm sixty pounds heavier. I didn't disappear to lose the sixty I did it slowly over the weeks.
Speaker 10: Your lifestyle has been so consistent. You live a healthier lifestyle than me by far, think you like, Yeah, No, I mean I felt like a lazy piece of shit. So many days on the road. I'd right smoke a joint, right stretch, walk out. Jelly's getting back from like a run, drinking this. It'll be four in the afternoon. I've had three meals and Jelly like, where's my banana?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And so I admire that, and I you know, I tell you I haven't changed my life.
Speaker 4: Hey, over time, do when you want?
Speaker 1: My dude will be here at about yeah, about hour, about an hour, fifteen minutes. I'll be right here to drop off a meal out. I meat like a regimented like that. Sure if you had crystal, but I'll still go eat sushi. That's the cool thing is that one thing I didn't do neither. This The last I want to talk about is I swear. I'm so sorry y'all, But it's just imagine losing this much weight and never getting to talk to people about it. Is I didn't want to change myself to like I knew that baked food was just hurting me, Like it was just not good for me, Like drugs are not good for me. I don't do good with them. I'm a worser person, you know what I mean. Besides that, I go eat like I'm not weird if you ever ride it right now, I was like, hey, we should God met me for dinner. For dinner, I don't have no problem, Like I'll go out and need a steak, which I'm cool with all that. Like I don't live in a I'm not in prisoned by this no more. Either way. I was once in prison to the weight, and then I watched people who lose the weight get in prison and not being able to do normalist things, you know what I mean. But it's like I just don't have to eat a dessert. I don't have to eat the bread when it comes. I just you know, like, give me a steak and potato a steakhouse.
Speaker 4: Though when you first sit down, you're hungry, and that that bread comes out the.
Speaker 10: Hardest part of it so much to you. Yeah, Logan's deal. Of course, that's the hardest part of my.
Speaker 1: When I seen I was like, they don't know this.
Speaker 2: We went to eat it.
Speaker 4: Those butter a little whatever, those are, those little.
Speaker 10: Butter the butter rolls, you know what. So so on the other end of that spectrum, I have found myself going to Loveless a lot lately, Loveless Cafe. If you're just if you're watching this you've never been to Nashville, I encourage you to go to Love. It's about forty minutes outside of downtown Nashville. It's an old little country cooking meeting three.
Speaker 1: It was used to be a bed and breakfast.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the.
Speaker 10: Only stop between Nashville and Memphis, and so everybody, musicians, everybody would stop there, have a It's a famous homemade biscuit. Some chicken stay the night, but now I mean the biscuits. Biscuits come out. The biscuits come out little jelly so fast too. They bring it as soon as you sit down. Here comes hot biscuits. Yeah, and and you're telling me this is self control a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, I lied. My wife made me gluten free biscuits and gravy for Christmas morning.
Speaker 10: Oh it was fire. Yeah, those things come out hot. The buttermelts on it effective immediately. Look at the jams, the jellies, the marmalades. I mean, they give your choices bad. They'll bring you biscuits before they bring you a refill on your dream actually to drink.
Speaker 4: Put it down there.
Speaker 1: That's not a stock picture they're selling. That's a picture somebody took and dropped that plate of biscuits off.
Speaker 10: Get there, it's fried chicken. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 4: Andy, have a sneaky hot sauce. That's really good there to sau I like love us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, did you smoke this morning?
Speaker 1: Took No, that was just.
Speaker 10: From smoking with you.
Speaker 4: That was anytime I smoke with you. And it's like you don't want to say no, but you just keep passing it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I got too high. I mean, JP was jal about we get out of your ja, we get out.
Speaker 1: Of your car.
Speaker 4: Such a good talk, goes hey, go ahead and sin us off. We'll go right in front of the Grand Ole Opera sign and I'm talking my guys, great time, we're having it, and all of a sudden, my body's like, you know how high you are right now? I was like, fuck, all right, that's it. I'll see you guys later. And I'm driving home, dude, I was. I just blinked, and I was back in my house like, Yo, all.
Speaker 10: Your safest drive home. You're probably going thirty five miles.
Speaker 13: On my way home from the end of tonight.
Speaker 10: Also high, I.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 10: I ended up driving through the airport.
Speaker 13: Twice, got off, and then it's that gadding again.
Speaker 10: I'm like, dammit, I'm pulling through the airport, so I had to go through the departures. I come around. I'm like, okay, now get on forty missed my turn, go straight through the departures again.
Speaker 6: I do this twice.
Speaker 10: I'm like, no, but I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: That terminal Nashville sign throws you off on.
Speaker 1: You like, do it a bunch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough, dude.
Speaker 10: It is tough, straight outfit. The other night, Taylor, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 4: By Jackets, done so much for me.
Speaker 1: Yo. The lane though, the Matthew McConaughey, I appreciate them nothing. I got home and went straight to.
Speaker 10: My get him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 10: On the office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when I introduced you, Jelly with when I introduced you, Arnest. I was so nervous before I was sitting there. Your team gave me size twelve point point font long ass stuff, and I'm like, oh my god, I'm not a great reader as it is.
Speaker 10: Anyway, did you hear what Taylor said I told him to say about nominees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this joke went over real well with the back of the stage. Dude, I tell this joke and no one in the tall laughs. Here, A bunch of laughs behind me.
Speaker 2: Hi'm like, he.
Speaker 10: Said two times, CMA something nominee and I go say, you know what nominee means? And he said, you know what? And you know what that means? Look bad that.
Speaker 4: I hear a bunch of people laughing back here.
Speaker 10: Everyone's like, yeah, lost three Ams and a Grammy.
Speaker 4: We come in Bunny, all right? Due it was that dude the Grand Opery. I thought I'd been there before. I haven't. And I walked in there and they were showing us the history of all that. When people used to dress up tend to be like rednecks because that country music wasn't like labeled yet. But Dolly Parton's dress when you first walk in, it was awesome to be a part of y'all seems so relaxed. I would be shitting myself.
Speaker 10: We've done it a few times, dude. The first time I ever did it, I was a nervous wreck, even stepping in the circle and soundcheck. Just like knowing the energy and the history.
Speaker 1: I still get especially when I I mean I get nervous every show. That one's still double that. But the stage, because we've been there enough, it feels this is the cool The original wood from the Ryman. It was the original Grand Old Opry where it first started at, and they brought that wood. It's the most famous piece of wood in the world besides maybe trigger the guitar, you know what I mean. As far as yeah, Tommy Lee, Yeah, I don't think we have any of the arc lefto.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: It's a legendary spot though.
Speaker 4: Man it is man and they were like, you feel the history. Jordan was showing me around and saying a bunch of things, kind of giving a quick tour. But the whole time, I'm thinking to myself, this is insane. How many legends have that come through? I even had like a green room, which I was like, all right, there go.
Speaker 1: There's nothing cooler. There is no greater gift in country music than if you are asked to be a member of the Grand.
Speaker 4: Old Who is buddy that you ended up bringing out that you just uh? Brandon Lake And it was his first and he had like five six people with him, but his agent was walking around and JP and I talked to him like, how's your boyos he's locked in right now? You can tell like watching y'all. I was like, these seemed like veterans who have been here, who have done it, like understand like obviously there's a pregame jitters, but even walking past his room, he's like sitting in there like this guy and going through going through it.
Speaker 1: With the Grand Old Library man. Also when you come from a different thing, and I understand that because I did. That's the talk we had the night before. It was like I knew what it felt like to me to Grant standing on that stage because I came there representing an entire culture that had never been represented properly on this stage, and he came in like he feels the same way, like he's blown away at how country music is receiving this Christian record, you know what I mean. So like he's their nervous, like talking to me a little bit, like you think they're gonna like get it. I'm like, it's the grand old Everybody was on their We're gonna have one of the best debuts ever.
Speaker 4: He was going when he was seeing his last song, look at that that's.
Speaker 1: A praise and worship service happened to.
Speaker 4: People were upstanding, shaking in the corner like they were actually like getting after No.
Speaker 1: It was one of the coolest day. And I've got to see some really special debuts, dude, Like some really I've been I played there eleven times. Now.
Speaker 4: Dude's got a voice on him too.
Speaker 1: He can sing. It's not fair. One of the hardest guys I've ever had to sing with, Like respectfully, Like I spent so much time learning that song to make sure that whenever I came in the studio, I was ready to blow along, you know what I mean, because I knew just how special his voice was too. But more importantly, dude, he's a dude man. I got to get him on the bus. Bro, He's not what I love about him is y'all know my faith, and y'all also know I've been outspoken about my issues with the church. But he is. He just loves people like he truly is what Jesus stands for. He's just a good dude. Like one of my people was around him. I was doing an interview Apple Music with Kelly and Kelly cuss in front of him and was like, oh, sorry, Brandon, And right then I was like, he's the only Christian I don't feel that way around. Like, you know, you get around Christians and you say something a little crazy and you're like, oh my man, it's the polar opposite with him, Like he loves you wherever you are in your life. Like he makes like he came to my bar and sung at midnight with me this song. Like he hung out at the bar with us all night, him and his whole crew. They wasn't weird. They didn't feel like outliers in there. They didn't separate themselves from the bar, like they were in everybody's conversation hanging with it, like it was really cool. Like that dude's different. Man he's he is going to make the word of God digestible to so many people who have been afraid to take a bite of it. I'm so proud of Brandon Lake man. That's awesome being around the cats.
Speaker 2: You guys have been around Obviously, you guys have blown up big over the last five years, like who's a Who's who's an up and comer.
Speaker 1: Ernest has got his pulse on this more than anybody, because Ernest introduced me to Jake Worthington probably three years ago, and he was like, this dude is gonna be huge. One day and two month, six three months ago, I'm watching TV and he's in a Hennessy commercial. Yeah, He's in a full blown Hennessy commercial. And I was like, that's just Ernest, Ernest. Ernest always sees it early.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty good at seeing it right because like even Brandon, I seen the I didn't see the Brandon thon comics. I don't know about Christian music, but that dude is already selling out arenas and stadiums. I mean, he's he's probably the in the last decade. Yeah. Sorry, I don't want to blow.
Speaker 10: It, but yeah, he's such an old soul and has such a great He's got one of those generational voices like when you hear George Jones or Merle Haggard or Keith Whitley, Tracy Bird, those those voices that are just gonna cut for forever.
Speaker 1: That's Jake. Zach Tops another one of that, of course, was here with the Dream Black of Baby.
Speaker 6: But Zach Tops popping.
Speaker 1: Off right now. He's on fire right now.
Speaker 10: But he's gonna I was seeing him on TikTok three years ago to just doing little Lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's this is a little whispering about Zach Top in the back of the bus.
Speaker 1: This kid's the dude. He's a great kid. He's a great singer. He's pure. He writes the way he wants to write. It sounds like authentic old nineties country. He knows his country, he knows his country music history like I like me and Ernest dude. But more importantly talking about just a voice and an attitude. He's gonna be here. Yeah, we're not gonna hear this never Lie song and then be like where did Zack Top go? You know what I mean? Like it's going to be the opposite. This kid's fixing the habit. We're watching this kid on the front side of a big run. It's I want to remind y'all, I sat on this same bus right before the big Morgan and Hardy and Ernest run started, and I was like, we're watching the front side of what is going to be a really big run. It's it's a tsunami that's nowhere near stopping right. This is the beginning of a zach Top run for sure. Hey, you you saying the and he knows his history. Like, how big is that in the community. Because I've also heard, like when people talk how well Post Malone has transitioned into the country music world, I want to say I heard something similar even with Post Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 10: In the grand scheme of things, I guess it doesn't matter, but it's something that matters to me and I and I and I appreciate and gravitate towards the people it does matter to, and I feel like it is our responsibility to Like when it talk about gospel is like put people on I like doing covers of old records to keep those songs alive. Jamie Johnson said it too, He's like, as as country singers, it is our responsibility to keep the spirit of those before us alive through songs, whether it be writing in that spirit or covering those songs. Those songs are meant to be sung like they don't have to just belong to Like Merle Haggard died, that doesn't mean his songs have to You can't go cut his songs. So those songs exist. The lifespan of a song has no cap on it. It's going to outlive all of it either way.
Speaker 1: So my second Grand Old Library performance, I sung Whaling ever, because it was important to me that I won. When I did it the first time, I did it like they'll never bring me back because you just saw I thought about everything. Then I was like, this is the one around the sun for me. And when they brought me back, I was like doubling down. Let's sings Whaling, you know what I mean, because I believe, like he said in probably the Grand Scheme, it don't matter and to the community. You know, it matters to some, but like like I just love country music though, like always have, so I just naturally, like he said, we flocked towards the people that because like dog, you've been out with me, I turn every bar into a hockey tom As soon as I get into a bar, we're taking hook up my phone or show me where the touch tunes is, and I'm finna put one hundred dollars in this thing and run this the gauntlet on y'all for the next two hours. It's gonna be ay. There's gonna be a hockey talk, you know. And the first thing I noticed about Post was he's the same guy like we now find each other after like Saturday Night Live when we do that. When he did the post Nirvana thing, it's probably you know, dude, that was probably one of the biggest things happened in his career. Think about how big of a career he's had. And that night there's all these parties out there, Me and him instead ended up with THEO at a die bar, no bumping country music all night because we just we knew what we like. That's us, that's the party we want to be involved in. Yeah, and we knew there wasn't gonna be another party in New York City that was gonna be playing Merle Haggard her that top.
Speaker 10: On the Losers till four in the morning, hooked up to bluetooth, playing old Hank Williams songs and old records.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. But his artist, though, Chandler is I think got a chance to be huge.
Speaker 10: Chandler Walters, that's all in that.
Speaker 1: Jake Zach that era is coming.
Speaker 10: You could just feel that Chandler's got that Gary Stewart Vince Gill thing going special.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know who those two people are, but I'm with Hill, you see.
Speaker 10: But it's my job to go look him up. Yeah, that's tell something cool about the Opry Again. When I was ten years old, I went to the Grand Ol Opry for the first time. Backstage, uh a girl that played for my dad. Her dad was the steel guitar player. My dad was a basketball coach in high school. Her dad was a steel guitar player in the Opry band, and so he knew that I was like getting into bluegrass and I had a banjo and was into music and stuff third grade, and he was like, you want to come to the Opry. So he took me to the Opry. We went through that whatever the tent walkway signed in catering. Back there, I sat around while they did sound checks. I stood side stage and then in between set changes, like in the intermission he took me out to stand in the circle as a ten year old and I got to look out and I was like I wanted, I want to be here one day and it was always a lifelong like more than anything else, any award, anything else, Like I want to be a member of the grand Ole Opry, my mom and grandparents. That's one everybody can wrap your head around. To me, that's like you made it if you're a member of the grand ol Opry. Yeah, and like it just yeah, it means the world standing in that circle. The next time I stood in that circle with my grand Ole Opry debut was on most twenty years, probably to the date because it was in January, which would have been basketball season. But I was thirty years old and it was like, wow, the full circle the Opry just is there special to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that circle is intimidating. It don't get no yeah man, but it's cool, like, uh, you brought back the Opry back up. The coolest part to me that night was watching both of you on stage together, seeing after all, it was awesome sure to see you two standing up there doing your thing like it was like I just kind of sat back from the side, being like, Yo, my boys are kind of just they said they were going to do something and they went and fucking it was our first.
Speaker 10: Some share in the opera stage first and stood in the circle together first age.
Speaker 4: It was cool too when you were saying and then you stepped out of the circle and like invited. That was It just seemed well polished.
Speaker 1: It seemed like it was the circle because that was just some nerdy ship. Yeah, yeah, we forgot people were there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like they're really just in that one little space time you guys for them to a big stage.
Speaker 1: I should have moved the mic stand even to get a better picture of it. But I was just so like the thought of me and one of my best friends standing in this circle together and I got to do that with Struggle when he debuted, he didn't but we didn't get to sing together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it was like really really really.
Speaker 10: Cool, get to sing a song we wrote together. From that it was my first number one, first number one, the song that got me invited to.
Speaker 1: The Grand Old Opry, you know what I mean, Like it's really cool.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of different layers you you like obviously, like you went by snow at one point. Yeah, you've jumped into like the You've done like the emo music as well, Like I've.
Speaker 10: Done every I've done all kinds of music. But the one consistent thing songwriting. Yeah, always whether it be rapping, making an emo song for fun country music, I'm writing songs, and I've I've always explored different avenues somewhat out of like early on it was out of rebellion. I didn't want to do country because duh, you know, it's like everybody's country. I'm from Nashville. I've always loved rap. I've always gravitated towards rap, word play, beats, the energy, like the confidence and rappers and rappers, and like, I've been able to take my ability to freestyle into the writing room. So like, even if it's just picking up a guitar, I'm freestyle in a song. Yeah, it's just got melody and stuff in it.
Speaker 4: That and then Jelly, you were like you were a rapper, and then at one point when you started transitioning into the country music, you sat here It's like, hey, don't get a twisted, I'm still a rapper. But it seems like you've really, like both of you have found your lane. And like the country rock era, did you see it going this way? Or was just like once you saw the pet path, it was like all that's clear.
Speaker 1: It was a little different than earnest because I didn't know I could sing, so I was just doing what I thought my voice would allow for the longest. You know what I mean. But my love for hip hop extends way beyond rap, right, like he says, like our love for hip hop is deeper than just I love rap, don't get me wrong, but man, I love their fashion. I love the hip hop culture. I loved, you know, I just love everything about it, from graffiti to break dance, and like, I was just always fascinated with these kind of like these elements because they were all very rebellious, Like even early hip hop, like the idea of like Biggie standing outside of his project building with a microphone and a DJ scratching a sample beat from the rap over like it just always felt so outlawed to me, you know what I mean. But always felt the exact same way about nineteen seventies country music. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's always Ernest's same thing is that we've always been in the same house. It's just been different furniture. I've used that from him so many times, but it's like, so yeah, to me, I was just doing with the voice aloud for the longest time. Frankly, you know what I mean. I didn't think even when I was singing on songs. I didn't think I was singing on songs. I thought it was more like I didn't know the difference between a harmony or a melody, you know what I mean. I was like, yeah, this is more like harmonizing, because I've listened to bone thugs and harmony, so I thought anything something with my voice that was a little no, no, no, no, I was harmonizing.
Speaker 10: I was in my thirties.
Speaker 1: Ernest was playing bluegrass music in the third grade.
Speaker 13: I was shooting nice you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what it's like, I didn't I didn't pick up a guitar till I was in my early thirties. I didn't learn the motherfucker until I was thirty nine, you know what I mean. It's like, so it's been a little bit different for me, but the same thing. And I think our kinship outside of just hip hop is songwriting because at core, I was just trying to write songs, like in any form, like whether I was harmonizing a hook as I said back then, or I was rapping a hook or rapping a verse or had these kind of slow melodies.
Speaker 10: We just always writing a note.
Speaker 1: Always. Yeah, I would write anywhere. I still I still handwrite everything, except for when I'm in a writer's room, like it's three or four of us because I'm not a scribe, so some more technological yess voice. Yeah, but it's like I still even in my house right now, I'm planning the biggest thing of my career. I'm working on that project. And if you go to my house right now, it's like a mad scientist. It's like handwritten notes all over my downstairs wall, I mean downstairs, like my studio desk, my coffee table, my smoke room desk. It's just like I look like a sign. It looked like a possessed man. It's just like I was taking a shower last night. In the middle of the shower, I don't called my wife in and I was like text this to my computer right now because I was thinking about it in the shower, like I'm obsessing about it that much. So I still handwrite tons of stuff, Like I'm still old school even in that regard. I'll still go home and like I'll still like write my wife notes, you know what. Like, Yeah, I started back writing and cursive this year too. It said, dude, crazy when I realized my kid couldn't read cursive, I was like, oh no, I got a write cursive. It's the only way teacher, you know what I mean. And she's better at it than I thought she'd be.
Speaker 4: But it's a lost art cursive. Yeah, that little project you got coming up.
Speaker 1: Incredible, the biggest it's the biggest thing in my career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't even knowing big.
Speaker 1: Things in my career. Can I say this though? Can I shamelessly promote something on here? I came here with a small agenda. Will knew this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's about to come up?
Speaker 4: Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I am the official artist in residents on American Idol this season.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 1: It is unbelievable. Yes, yes, thank y'all. Ye gig, I got this gig the coolest way you can get it to I hope they're not mad at me for telling the true story, but they invited me. They do mentors every year in Hawaii and two different artists mentor a different group, and you mentor twelve kids. And I had been a fan of the show, so I was always tuned in and sung it a couple of the finales, and I was there for the em togy season and so that's how I got the mentorship job, was just being a fan and then I did so good. They called him, was like, I know this sounds crazy, but we want to create a position where you do that the whole season. Wild. Yeah, dude, So I think when you look it up, so I don't blow this bubba, I think they I think that. That's why I want to come right here at y'all's debut week, too, was because this is my debut week. I'm not on this episode, but I think American Idol starts this week March ninth or seventh. I'm spitballing here. Don't leaving linger too long. I'm dying, but it's coming soon. Fucking I don't like he don't even know when the fuck this thing's coming out, but I know the first three or four episodes I'm not in because they whittled it down to the top forty eight or fifty and then I come in at the top fifty and start mentoring through the whole Season's so I'm gonna mentor from fifty to two. Whoever wins this thing.
Speaker 4: How long were you out there shooting?
Speaker 1: I've already shot for like five or six seven days now we've been doing. March ninth season premieeres March ninth, ABC stream on Hulu. Dude, I am already biased because I'm so involved in this season already. There is so much fire on this season, dude. There is so much fire. There are so many just heart wrenching stories. There's so many fun stories and happy stories, so many great voices. Never seen a wider range of talent on American Idol. I've watched every season for the last since I've been home and watched them from Ruben stuttered forward like I've but secret stuttered yeah, ache, dude, right, secret, secret, past, secret, Pleasure was always idle, you know what I mean. So to be a part of it, dude, it's huge.
Speaker 2: That's perfect too, because getting on is the mentor role with like the final would you say forty something. Yeah, Like ultimately for an artist, like everybody, everybody is good and it's up to them to figure out how to kind of bring their story out. I feel like you're kind of the you would be the perfect mentor for something like that. Wait till you see how much we're getting these kids stories out, Like how hard was that for you to do?
Speaker 1: Well? Believe it or not? The Yeah right, damn, I've never seen it more in them right now, dude, big rube, dude.
Speaker 10: Raised Tenpenny wears a Ruben Stutter shirt to this day like he's had it for probably dog.
Speaker 1: I would I would wear a Ruben Stutter shirt right and shout out right look at them, Oh yeah, that's the That's when they came back a couple of seasons ago. I was there that night they came back and reunited, which I thought was crazy. Yeah, yeah, Ruben loss a turn away. It looks the exact doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: How was it working with the artists though, Like was it tough to get like their their stories out of them?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of artists too, like everybody's very like I don't want to I'm just saying EMO for lack of a better for lack of a better word, but very like to themselves. They just want to create. They just want to write. They just want to do music and to bring in their backstory and everything else. I'm sure it's probably hard to.
Speaker 1: Do for sure.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The coolest thing I get to experience with these kids are the difference between them and most things are They're green, Like, these kids are like super super you know. These kids literally most of them live more often than not hours away from a metropolis. Had to drive to that metropolis for their audition, you know what I mean. They're like closet singers more often than not. They're just great voices and this is such a culture shock for them to like the idea that I tried it out for American Idol. I was bold enough to do it. Then I got picked and sent to Hollywood. It's crazy, you know. So like you're catching a lot of people who are just you know, I always use the term green as a pool table twice a square, you know what I mean. They don't know what's going on.
Speaker 10: It's a pool table twice square, twice as square. Yeah, you having trouble with that one, Yeah, Sam.
Speaker 4: Super green, super square, got you got you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 10: Remember where are the ones that smoke?
Speaker 2: I saw Jelly and Hawaii.
Speaker 1: And he I invited Will Compton. I was gonna start this podcast this way, but I cut him a breather. I find out that Will Compton's in Hawaii. My wife hits somebody on my my guy. She's like, Will Compton's there, And in my mind, Will Compton's on the island right, So I'm like, dude, tell him whatever. I want to pull up on him. I got some pot with a smoke. I know he's on vacation. He didn't bring nothing, you know what. I was like, where is he at? I want to go see him. I want to get my hug. Also, let him know I'm doing a dinner tomorrow night. He should slide through. I'm with I'm here for America. I'm here with American idol. So keep now mind you this. I invite Will Compton to a dinner. No, this kid's even better. Lionel Riches there, carry Underwoods there, Josh Grove is there, Luke Bryan's there, A shanty's there.
Speaker 4: You might have to cut a shaky too.
Speaker 2: When I heard a shot the damn.
Speaker 4: I mean literally, who shot is.
Speaker 1: It's like literally like I'm not inviting you to like.
Speaker 11: It, like was just me.
Speaker 1: Island a dinner for two, you know, like your voice.
Speaker 2: I've met so many men and it's like they're all the same. Remember that when he hit it with that job.
Speaker 10: Rule, you're not getting out of the rest of the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he can finish up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: I ain't gona understand.
Speaker 1: You might have to say yes. Yeah, he politely declined, and I was just like, who turns down the American Idol dinner? And he blamed it on like that a parenting or something something weak we had just laying listen, it gets even better. I sorry to cut off, but now you don't get the goblet on hear your story. So it's just fucking yeah, you stood us up. So I wake up the next morning and I'm the first thing I wake up and think is literally, man, fuck will Compton. I'm like, and that's how my guy comes to get me, and we go to take off for our walk and buy the pool playoff Willie Dog shirt off ten Am sunburnt, big white looks like he's gonna play football with the big white things. Across the just so he didn't want to get tan right here, but everywhere else shoulders on fire, chest on fire. He's been there eight hours on fire and the baby is doing cartwheel, y'all, I see why wheel's up energetic. Rue is doing backflips.
Speaker 4: He confidence ye last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, dude, you're Here's like I told him, I'm here. I was like, I didn't think at the same fucking hotel. I'n't even madder. You didn't come to dinner.
Speaker 13: It was at the hotel.
Speaker 2: The dinner was not at the hotel.
Speaker 4: It was a block of walking distant from the got gotta live with the steps.
Speaker 2: The rebuttal is. We landed that day in the middle of the afternoon. So when we got there, we checked in the hotel and we're walking off to see then to go check out the sunset, and we see the American Idol states you can put up. We're like, oh shit, American Idol. Like maybe someone off or some side quest of American American idols out here, because I haven't kept up with all the American Idol stuff. But I'm like, oh, that's sick. I wonder if like Ryan Seacrest and Carrie Underwood, and they're out here. Sure, they start getting they get they get introduced and start walking out. And then like, as we're walking over to the to the spot of the hotel for the sunset, I hear jelly Roll, so I kind of like look back and see if he ends up walking out. I'm like, man, did I hear that right? Because I don't see jelly walk out. I don't know how. I don't know how that went down, but I heard jelly Roll's name, so I hit a bunny. I'm like, Hey, is Jelly Rolling Hawaii. She's like yes, and I'm like, let him know I'm in Hawaii too. I would love to link up with him and see him at some point. And I get in touch with his personal assistant because he doesn't have a phone. He's like, hey, I can get you tickets into American Idol. I'm thinking, we just landed jet like, we just need it. We just need to check in. We're gonna hit the sunset, we're gonna reset, We're probably gonna go bed early because we have both kids. And so I was like, no, I don't I don't want any I don't need any American I don't tics I just need to know, like when I can see Jelly because if he's here, I've got to see him before we split up. I find out he's staying at the Four Seasons. Oh this is perfect. He's like, we're also gonna get dinner tonight if you want to go to this sushi spot at nine pm. I'm like, man, we're probably gonna call it early tonight, but I would love to see him tomorrow if you guys have any open windows tomorrow. Here's our agenda. He's trowing me Jelly Rolls agenda. He's like, we're gonna go on a TVs talking to Charlie. Hey, I might go hit this a TV tour with Jelly Roll. But that day goes by, I just say like, oh, we're probably gonna head in early. Like I didn't know all these people, right, Because again it's he's like nine pm. I'm like, man, we're white. We just got done with the flight, but we just got hit.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, you'll you'll know one day you got that a couple of kiddos and you're just like, all right, we just got to get sick. And so the next day I see him at the pool. I'm like, what up, Bubba. He turns around, he's about to go on a three mile run or a two mile run or something, and I'm like, bro, when are you free? And so we ended up linking up like later that morning. He gases me on the room and I'm just sitting there high as a kite, bro like, and then his chef just comes over and gives him this plan of food and then we have to depart and I'm just left alone with a bakery downstairs.
Speaker 10: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: All that food I got to eat, But I didn't know. I had no clue that all those people were going to a dinner, and I had no clue standing in them up. But he's like, you know, you're you're assistant, and he was a stud. It was a nick. He's like pitching me, do you want tickets to American Idol? Hey, we got this dinner? And I'm just thinking, like I'm just trying to say hi to Jelly, like I'm not trying to I'm not trying to like rub elbows and get in the mix of everything he's doing. And so I didn't know it was taken. You know, I didn't stand you up.
Speaker 1: But that's how you know your homie. We automatically all for you to get in the mix of everything.
Speaker 6: What do you want to do?
Speaker 4: You want to host? When Nick Crest is out he's sick.
Speaker 1: When Nick hits me, you know, especially me and Nick have like a code language where I'd be like, Yo, that's the and then it's just like, this is what we're doing for the next week. If you want to show up to anything, because that's kind of like I have a thing I say where it's like, yo, whoever that is, tell them, yeah, tell them all access like whatever we're doing, tell them pull up because everything is not always like that, you know.
Speaker 10: What I mean. You can't take people everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: You can't take everybody everywhere, dude.
Speaker 2: It just worked out perfect. Got the kiddos down for a nap time and I was in his room for probably two hours, and we're just blazing to.
Speaker 4: Come to Wales Defense. Though.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: If you fly in, you're what seven hours different. I don't even know what the time.
Speaker 2: Changes, it's probably five hours.
Speaker 1: We want to see it.
Speaker 2: We got the name with us. We're like, hey, let's let's get to the room.
Speaker 4: It's like nine ten to eleven in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Which route did you take?
Speaker 2: We went from bro We took the first flight out of like five third in the morning to go to Dallas. And then from Dallas it was a seven hour flight out to Hawaii. Yeah, and we're laying there and we get there and rent the car and everything else.
Speaker 1: But for what it's worth, believe it or not, an hour and a half to Dallas two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like an hour hour and a half to Dallas. You take the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, l A is not like that, like you know, you're going against the wind. So sometimes before and a half five hours and you got another six so you you you saved like an hour and a half.
Speaker 6: You go get this to l.
Speaker 2: The way that they go to Yeah. Yeah, well that's our plan thinking about the next time.
Speaker 1: That's our plan to get to Australia. We're gonna go to spend a few days in Hawaii and then kind of slowly skip all.
Speaker 2: Think about this. And on the way back we went red Eye. Oh god, brutal. We went red Eye.
Speaker 1: On the way home.
Speaker 2: Our flight was like it like, dude, she did solid, but we were just a shlve, like you know, I'm sitting there. I I brought a little sleep mashes to see if I can fall asleep. But you're just like staring at your black mask the entire flight back. You don't know how much sleep you get, and we're just operating. I mean that was like twelve hour travel back. But they did solid Ruin Scotti.
Speaker 10: Travel great now. I mean he was never really a terrible travel traveler. We went to the travel We took him on his first flight when he was like four months old, down to the islands, and uh, he's good.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: He just chills like he'll sit watch his iPad, have a snack. He doesn't really complain. We had Malana, she just rewatched more obviously a private jet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he chills. Yeah, Stewardess is kind of frustrated, but we're paying herself. It's all good.
Speaker 1: What a rough life, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could you imagine pre pre iPads with kids?
Speaker 10: Goodness color imagine doing it being a dad.
Speaker 1: Dog when they came with the thing where you could move the two little things and.
Speaker 4: Then you shake it up.
Speaker 10: Going up bro at your cock.
Speaker 4: So we Yeah, we went to Canada and if the kids at the iPads, it was like seamless. It was so easy.
Speaker 10: Jesus Christ that's autism right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, as a special there's.
Speaker 10: Spectrum that's on one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did Starry Night on one. Crazy.
Speaker 10: I mean that person was very artistic.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is fucking insane.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Van Go, I'll be sto like a little.
Speaker 1: Off. That's I had. So I didn't know who Vang was. I know nothing about art. And we were on the flight from Hawaii to New York after I left you because I had to go do the S and L fifty thing. So we had like one of those you know, ten hour travel days, you know, just just just straight travel days. So we're just sitting on a plane cooking, right, We're just like bacon bacon, and I get high enough if somebody tells me this dude cuts his hair off for a girl. Yeah, No, I didn't hear that. I just heard it was just some crazy.
Speaker 4: Did mail it to her too. He cut his off for a girl and mail.
Speaker 1: Is that why he went to the to the place where he drew all the stuff that ended up being the ship that really went and he died, and which is yeah, no, hold on, hold on, Almost all of them died before it popped off. Yeah, for sure, this entire.
Speaker 10: Yeah, God, I love you.
Speaker 6: Kidding me.
Speaker 10: That's him.
Speaker 1: Then. So anyways, we got so high, and while we're on the way there, I'm getting so excited about this. We find out that the Starry Night painting was at the Mama. It's a museum of modern arts in Manhattan, and it was like a block away from our hotel. So the night after Saturday Night Live, they they opened it up for us after hours and took us and taught us about all of We walked through the whole moment.
Speaker 4: You're pulling New York. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you blow in in there? Wow?
Speaker 1: We hit the rig.
Speaker 2: We hit the rig, We hit the rig.
Speaker 4: They had this like a immersive little deal in New Orleans one time when I was there for a van go and put the little headset on and walked ough. Yeah it was pretty dope. But just as you get high before that, No, no, and not. I should have arts way cooler high all that's crazy.
Speaker 10: The thing is, there's so many times when I'm at cool places, and most of the time I am high, But when I'm not, I'm like, should have gotten high.
Speaker 2: For this medium, not that I.
Speaker 4: Little It's like turning up just a little bit.
Speaker 10: It's like you can run and grass without cleats on, but cleats definitely help. And that's we so.
Speaker 1: Much.
Speaker 4: He's never made me paranoid, though sometimes I get too paranoid.
Speaker 1: Sober Jelly would be like, so this dude painted something and cut his ear off about a girl. Stone Jelly is like, you're telling me this, dude, this is the most famous painter ever. And he clipped his ear off for a chick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I gotta see this. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Like, as soon as I was thrown, I was like, tell me more. And he had a rival. I think his name was Gang Gagan. It's spelled different, but like g au Gi or something like that. But he was like his because his paintings are there and they uh, yeah, that's it, Paul, but it's spelled it says how you pronounce it's different. But this dude had some really dark ship. He was another one that didn't pop to He was more popular than Van Go, but it didn't pop until after he died too, for real, for.
Speaker 4: Real, dude, that's got to be the worst none of your life.
Speaker 1: None of them lived to see it. Yea god I think I think Da Vinci and Michaelangel are the only two that like lived to be like the heroes that we know them to be. The other ones were just like considered fucking wild lunatics and.
Speaker 2: It just popped.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we may not live to see the shadow of the tree with sieves in which we plant today. That's just your n brother. He came from the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we seen some Picassos too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, dude, have you ever been to Sonic Picasso?
Speaker 1: His whole ship was outlaw.
Speaker 2: By the way, what Sonic ranch? Sonic Ranch is?
Speaker 10: It's also, Yeah, that's where I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been once, but I ain't that where.
Speaker 10: So I went out there. I went out there with co and me and Cheese did for like three days. That place is an insane haunted vibe on the old record of the one he's working on now on the old record, and all the rooms are insane. But the guy that owns the property grew up on that property. His parents were murdered on that property, probably by cartel. That's right on the border. There's all kinds of shit going on there. But like, I think the cats are literally human spirits reincarnated there. They're all such a vibe. But there's Picasso's all over his property. He's an insane art collector. He's got Steve Ray Vaughan's guitar.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: That place, the the energy in there is the kind.
Speaker 1: Of place you go locked down and recording. Now. Yeah, that's like when you go you got two months to work on an album. Yeah, it's kind of place you.
Speaker 4: Just go lock yourself into a place where two people are murdered by the cartel reincarnated cats with reincarnated.
Speaker 10: Cats, the cats bro I have two cats. I get the cats are like a different thing. But these cats, dog were like looking at me on some I'm a human, was a human, this is my area. We're cool. Like he got on my bed and would not leave. I was like, I open the doors that you have to go, and he just just kind of rolling around trying to slap at me, which you're you're probably just like it's total cat behavior. I'm like, dude, I'm like, dude, I'm gonna go to dinner. I'm gonna leave this door crack. You have to be gone when I get back.
Speaker 4: You're talking to the cat.
Speaker 6: When I get back.
Speaker 10: This is creeping me out. And the cat was just there looking at me like that. When I got back on the so I got back, there wasn't that cat was. It was like a dark gray cat and he was just staring at me like you made it back. I didn't leave, And so in my mind, that's reincarnation.
Speaker 4: That's checks out.
Speaker 10: That checks out. That's the other cats would have just gotten up and gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, two cats.
Speaker 1: Yet you like your cat. I love how many pictures there's cats all over the property.
Speaker 10: It's all the people that have died in the You die, you turn to a cat and stay at Sonic Branch, get to listen to co wets on music. Is it heaven?
Speaker 1: Does?
Speaker 10: It depends on what you like?
Speaker 1: What's what's your favorite studio you've ever worked out of?
Speaker 10: Mm hmm. The Castle was a good vibe. I'd say East Iris Cave is probably the amount of time I've spent there is more than any other studio I've spent time in. But the vibe there allowed it to be the best time. The Cave of East Irish.
Speaker 1: Dude, I got it. It's probably Electric Lady in New York City. But you know, oh yeah, yeah, I guess they saved me of a center.
Speaker 2: Who was your favorite stadium you played in?
Speaker 10: I guess, yeah, what was your favorite stadium you played in?
Speaker 1: Favorite? Yeah?
Speaker 10: What was your favorite? Say your favorite stadium? Because we played a couple Now we have stadium, Yeah, yeah we have.
Speaker 4: They are much cooler, Yeah, way cooler. We didn't get paid a lot of stadium I've ever played in was uh Division playoffs ravens.
Speaker 1: Not loudest, like coolest, like amenities, easiest walk from the there's back of house. We were on the bus.
Speaker 4: What do you mean we just drove. We just drove in kind of got to the locker rooms like right by the bus as always.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you don't go walk through the bows. You don't see it. Like who had the best amenities for a locker room?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably Dallas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dallas probably something you actually know about.
Speaker 2: Goes in.
Speaker 4: I don't know, God game as an away at and T Stadium as the best. A T t Ram stadium is great too. I've never played the New Raiders.
Speaker 2: The Raiders stadium is sick, bro. Like you'll be at halftime and you'll come out. It's like coming out to a club like Little John was performing at halftime.
Speaker 10: He's got there.
Speaker 2: The lights are off, lights are going everywhere. It is like you're at a club. This is allegion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the death places insane. That place is sick.
Speaker 2: Seattle. The twelfth Man with the Seahawks. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: That was cool. I don't know how the football team is going to be, but I think the Titans stadiums gonna yeah, they offer I think they're gonna have like club club the stadium. We can watch it. It's actually just a bar the whole time. I love live music while the game is playing, you're in the stadium. Yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 10: Most hostiles, probably Philly, I can agree, dude. I was at the Philly Washington game and dog going from the game to the train and then the train was like, that's like you have to that's like a sentence. You got sentenced to go walk with the Philadelphia Eagles crowd after a wind to the train. Bro, And I've told my gun in the crowd ball, I'm just weaving through it. Saw you saw. I was in that crowd, just weaving trying to get out of the traffic. Gunshots and like, Philadelphia, dude, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: Man, Like I've told this s before, but my wife was wearing Washington gear and and beer cans are getting thrown in her, calling her a cunt like they.
Speaker 10: Oh, dude, I saw they ripped the hat. They ripped the hat off of this dude walking with his kid off.
Speaker 1: I look at that.
Speaker 10: The plane crash was just a Phillies fan bro I had Sorry, everything I say falls on. I'm sorry, Jin just stumming through it. How do you get out of this one right now? And I say, publishers, she's busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we interrupt this episode to bring you bo Jangles, the Carolina legend is returning to work with us. Shout out to them and their new chicken Bowberry Waffle launching this week. The boys, I know this much. We cannot wait to try because they're Bowberry biscuits. Fire that little creamy get to dip in with the bow Berry biscus.
Speaker 4: Fantastic stuff. Also, I learned a couple of games in South Carolina when were down there a couple years ago. Get a couple of attendees, grab some sauces, pour them in the box, shake that thing up, open it up. That was a nice, incredible move.
Speaker 2: And if you're big into biscuits, I'm a massive fan guy Honey on biscuits, Honey, on biscuits, Honey on biscuits, Honey on biscuits. They're gonna be with the boys. I believe. I don't want to talk out of my ass all year long, but I believe they're gonna be on with this with bust with the Boys, the Fall tour. They're gonna be doing a lot of cool stuff because they have a lot of access to that sec territory. But shout out bow Jangles the Uh once again. Their new chicken bow berry waffle launching this week. Get out try it. Let us know what you think. Bo Jankles, we love you back.
Speaker 1: I hope they let me play this first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my dream.
Speaker 1: My dream is that they'll let me open to be the first concert at the new stadium.
Speaker 10: Will I don't name it after you?
Speaker 1: This man, this dude, it's it is like it would mean so much. I wanted to be the last show at the old, the original stadium. But now that I've got to do c M A and close it, I feel like maybe that itchcat scratch a little bit, it's gonna Does that.
Speaker 2: Mean they said no as the last show in the stadium?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, No, I didn't even try. I didn't even try. I should I should start asking really because I don't. I can't do both. Yeah, So it's like you got to pick one there, and that's a. That's a. That's a tough struggle, Henry. It sucks so bad.
Speaker 2: That sucks, it's so rough.
Speaker 4: But that stadium is going to be insane. It is insane.
Speaker 1: It's gonna beautiful, man, It's gonna be so good for the city. I just hope we can figure out a program.
Speaker 10: When do you think we'll have a super.
Speaker 4: Quickly after that? Two years series after that? I don't know how far in advance.
Speaker 1: They do it. And that's my other dream. I would prophesytic. Now they're gonna let Morgan do it, or they're gonna let Garth do it, and either one of them are gonna, fucking God willing let the local boy come out and do his versus. Just my first verses saved me, just so I can say to the super Bowl, like Doctor Dre did when the Homies came out, will play the super Bowl time? Because I mean, who you know, hopefully what I mean My dream would be whether it's that they when it comes to Nashville, they do a country music super Bowl and it's not even about an artist, Like it cuts to Garth on one stage and he's doing Friends, and then it goes to Riba and then Laney and then Me and then Morgan. It's like, yes, eighteen minutes landscape, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, I'm doing a shoeye with my shirt off.
Speaker 10: That would mean the name of the coliseum. I wish they would bring back the Adelphia Delphia Coliseum was the hardest name. So is gay Lord.
Speaker 1: So that's the old Nissan behind it, right right next to it, so it's literally on the banks the.
Speaker 4: Park to the highway that is, that's where the new stadium has. Wow, they're downing it in hopefully it's yeah, I think it'll be unreal. And it's definitely tailored around like Nashville culture, not just football. Like they definitely have a lot of things where people are gonna want to go to the game because it's also there's events going around the game as well. That's what National runs into is that there's so much to do in that city. There's so much to do, live music, so much talent, and so it's like you go to go on vacation in Nashville, but I mean you catch a game possible.
Speaker 2: They need to know is build the stadium like the BNA Airport. You get off the airport and you know that you are incause they got all the local hits.
Speaker 10: Don't have it at the airport.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you guys haven't been in the commercial terminal in a while. It's really nice.
Speaker 10: Too much time in the commercial Yeah, I was Southwest and I was seaboarding last week. I know, I know, woe is made, but seboarding and and it's always the same ship. It's like, I'm gonna go back here. I got a flight too late, so I was like, okay, I'm gonna go. I'm just gonna make bee line to the back of the plane and wait to get off. It's fine. I'll find a window seat in the back.
Speaker 1: I can deal with it.
Speaker 10: I find there's a girl sitting in the aisle empty in the middle. Perfect. I'm like one of the last ones boarding. I sit in the window seat, windows really hot because the sun's beating down on it, and I'm like, okay, this is fine.
Speaker 1: And then are your eyes closed because you're reliving it.
Speaker 10: I need to get out of that moment. But this dude's coming. He's like he's not a super big Dude's just a bigger dude. And he's wearing a big coat and he could have picked twenty seven other middle seats and chose this one dog. And I was like blustered when he says that, and it's like, we got this much space, We're doing great. Yeah, you're somehow taking up less space than this dude. He was like sitting like this and didn't take his coat off for a four and a half hour flight, and the sun was on my shoulder for a four and a half hour flight. And it's like he's obviously got both both armrest and I'm like pressed against it, so I've my elbow's gone numb at the point here, I'm using my phone like this and it's just, yeah, it's a ward in South.
Speaker 2: You got alpha dog man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta fight for that elbow room early.
Speaker 10: And I just was a little too high to be confrontational.
Speaker 2: Slide that right behind it, lift the elbow, lift the arm thing.
Speaker 6: Up, my bad.
Speaker 10: Let's uh, let's take this border away and see how close you want to get.
Speaker 4: I kind of I favor that well, will that I get on flights. We'll go we'll put literally put all our ship in the middle and just talk real close for the entire until everyone's and just be like the cough making up stuff, a big cough cough. Yeah, bumps me out there, getting rid of you have to buy aisle seats or the exit row.
Speaker 10: Really, exit road is not not even what it's cracked up to be. If you are.
Speaker 4: From your long legs.
Speaker 10: Sure know they just slimmer seat and it doesn't recline.
Speaker 4: You want to know a secret, and it doesn't you know the you know the one that's like no seat in front of it, Yeah, the one is always always.
Speaker 1: Seat.
Speaker 10: Yes, going anywhere, that's not even the best one.
Speaker 4: That's not the best one to see on the other side. One row in front of it, there's just as much leg room. You can put your feet out, tot, I can put my feet out and you can do thee.
Speaker 2: No, you can recline and do the little armang next time you go through there. Look the kind of it's like it's like taped out in the aisles, so.
Speaker 10: It's like in the row adjacent and one in front and to the right of the.
Speaker 2: The exit row.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bobo seat is actually maybe the third best seat on there?
Speaker 1: Real?
Speaker 4: Maybe yes, Southwest?
Speaker 1: Like dog as a fat person, I've avoided like the plague. I don't get to pick my seat or the person next to me unless I had a crew in there and the seats. Dude, no, sir, I'm scared.
Speaker 4: What Here's what you need to do when you lose all the weight, you finally ust take you as a medal. You need to go just so you don't have to ask for the extender or nothing sit.
Speaker 10: Or would be the person?
Speaker 1: Trust me? Do you all get to I'm one hundred thirty pounds away?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he benefit, he's sitting in there.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see, like.
Speaker 10: We should fly together Southwest. You get to I get one. It's just us. It's like first class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the first row is nice Southwest?
Speaker 10: Yeah, the first row is nice. No, it's not.
Speaker 4: The first row is nice. Nice, first one first A shorter flight.
Speaker 2: If you do the short of fight your feet and you can put your feet on the wall. Yeah, ye, worried about nobody in front of you.
Speaker 4: I got that knee. So if it's any longer, like an hour and a half, I gotta go exit. Yeah, yeah, I gotta go exit. Bro, otherwise that gets a little too stiff.
Speaker 10: So anyways, how's private air travel everywhere you go? Incredible because I got to hit your rides with you the whole tour. Hey, you have your own plane though, uh not yet. That's an almost He said, you did you get a plane?
Speaker 1: Dog, get a plane.
Speaker 10: I need to take that ship from LA to Saint Louis on Friday.
Speaker 1: I am not at liberty to say.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 4: Just be giving out flights to your like Oprah Winfrey with the flights. How you get home? Southwest?
Speaker 6: Coming?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 4: We j at the UFC fight. We're like hey, uh He's like, hey, how you fly home?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh southwest?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Just hit you right with me back.
Speaker 4: I said, oh, you have enough rooms. We'll figure it out. We got on the planet's him and his nutrition and the plane is twice the bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The cabin is massive. Yeah, just like I love a sandwich to go to the kitchen and cook. The damn thing that they hooked up. Man, I was like, damn, this is nice.
Speaker 1: It's a man, it's the best, it's the best. It was a game changer.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: What happened was I was joking with Keith Urban about this. He was giving me some advice. Keith Urban is such a good mentor him him, Keith Urban, Uh, Kid Rock and Eric Church have been the most giving a real advice to me, like liter like good like good mentorship. And Keith said, look, man, the travel day is not an off day. And I said, Keith, you think I get travel days right now? I was like, we worked, you know, like we landed, talking about you know how we went to go see the sunset and rested because we flew all day. I flew the same flight, landed and had to do a six hour shoot. You know what I mean. Like that's how tight the schedule is for me. Like I would, I don't fly private this much because I don't want to one. I shouldn't have to justify, but I will. I don't fly private. Yeah, it's like, but I do it because we don't have a choice. Like there's no way I'm getting from Hawaii to New York and then doing a song that night in New York when I worked the night before in Hawaii without getting on a jet. Imposs crazy logistically, it's white vacation. Took a shot right there. But he said, we don't get to go see the sunset. Change my life, dude, for sure. It's so much cool. We still fly commercial probably three times, like when we don't have to fly fly commercial, but what a pain in.
Speaker 4: The yeah on once you've had it, once you get on the flight, you're like this, I see what all the fuss is about for people trying.
Speaker 2: To day for Nebraska Michigan. When we got to hit that Taylor.
Speaker 1: But the Taylor thing was actually one of those you know and Taylor hanging out at the fight, We're sucking. You know, it's the boys, so right, yeah you should have. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 10: He was a Charlie Hansome's wedding, Charlie Hanson's my chef was the plus.
Speaker 1: One because Ernest couldn't come. I got the coolest thing set up.
Speaker 10: I watched from the wedding.
Speaker 1: Saw you. I was like, bro, I'm telling you. I was like, between Amber, Dana and Hunter, we're gonna have the best seats on earth.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I was like, we gotta go, like, trust me, this is gonna be fired. Like we're gonna we're gonna go eat, We're gonna go see the fight. We're gonna come right back home. And Ernest is like, fuck, yeah, I'm in, and then he hit back. He's like, fuck, it's Charlie Handsome's wedding and I'm in the wedding. So the chef came. So we're leaving. I'm looking at Taylor. I'm like, I said, when are you going home? He's like tomorrow. I was like, what time is your flight? And he was like if he'd have been like two out of been like, oh, maybe him and Taylor are trying to, like, you know, wrestle around the night and sleep in and go see the fucking the Empire sty.
Speaker 4: Try to wrestle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel me. I'm like, I don't know. And then he's like but he' said yeah, it's like eight am. I was like, Bubba, it's midnight. You might as well just get on the plane with me.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 4: It was awesome. It was actually fucking chaos for me and JP because we like, we were like four blocks away our hotel. So we went and ran got our suitcases and ran back. And then I'm like, dude, there's no way because you said we had to get there by twelve thirty.
Speaker 1: You know, the plane turned. The plane is like a bus, you know that it turns into a pumpkin after twelve.
Speaker 4: Hours, right, because the pilots have like this, regulations, regulations, so we were cutting it. Dude, I thought there was no way we're gonna make it, and there's we had all of NYPD giving us a ride to the airport.
Speaker 10: Talk about some of these escorts. I've been in crazy, Hey, I gotta I want to We've never even got to hash this out because we've just been on the escort and then we had to go work. That is some of the most intense driving scenarios I've ever been to myself, been found myself in. We're like, yeah, in a police escort. There's a cop in front of us, two cops behind us, and me and Jelly Roll are passing a joint around. Somebody's ripping a dab brig in the back. Jelly Roll loves to wait until right here to stop. And I thought, but you know, the first two times I was in the cars like, Oh, he didn't give a fuck. He's just gonna rear into cop. We'll get in the second suv, the cops will have to figure it out. We'll be on our way. I never thought we're going to jail. I was just like, oh, we're definitely gonna have some sort of bang in with. Eventually I realized that, oh, he just knows how to whip like that. I was like, bro's he's been whipping. He's gonna be fine. He's not worried about it. I think he probably likes it. I'm about shipping my pants and I'm over here. It's like, there's obviously not a break on the floor board, but I'm fucking I'm like this while I'm still and dude, it never we never had any wreck. There was a close one, but it was a dumb ass that tried to just pull into the escort. It's like, uh, but yeah, no recks got there smoothly. The cops all knew what it was because he's so good to each department. You take care of them, gives them challenge, coins probably makes a little donation, takes care of them and then they yeah, and it's great And we should have been doing this twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I thought, I've been thinking that all the time. I'm like, I wish I would because the police they're nice to me. Yeah, who would have thought the coming straight from the underground. Yeah, that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: It's sucking off Oh no, the fucking nuts. That drive is crazy because you already you were a passenger at that time, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got that's the only city I won't drive in New York. Man, I trust that guy.
Speaker 4: You guys, are you gonna go to more UFC fights?
Speaker 1: Dude? I have so. Dan and I went to the Apex that first time. We hung out at the Apex, and I had I'd been to seeing the wiman Anders fight before, but I sat like in the nosebleeds and it was still crazy. But when we were in the Apex and you could hear, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: So quiet in there.
Speaker 4: You could hear flesh on flesh.
Speaker 1: Flesh on flesh, Like when that dude would hit a spinning kick, you would hear the thud. It was in you. By the third round, you hear them dudes audibly like crazy breathing. And I was like, this is nuts. So then we went to the UH. We went to UH, the other one, and that's whenever I caught the bug. I was like, I gotta go to like one of the big, big ones, you know what I mean. And then when we went out to that fight, I've been wanting to go so bad it's the there is no greater live sporting event. Then if you're sitting in there, like when John Jones kick Steep Pe in the liver and same that sounds shot through that arena like a shotgun and once and then the the pop, the explosion, just you're so close to it. Also, you forget, like John Jones not only being the greatest of all time. I don't know if I wonder how you feel about this because you're such a big man, but like, dog, I've seen John standing right in front of me, and you're like that, dude's scary, motherfucker dog because he's so humble and quiet and smiles and all his interviews, Like you know, he's big, and you watch him hurt people, so you know we can hurt people kind of, But it's still different than when you're standing right from here to JP from him and you're like.
Speaker 10: What in those he's a distraction? Okay, y.
Speaker 1: Wan size. If Taylor Lawan did nothing his whole life but lift weights and fight, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: Arguably, would you have a box? No, dude, No, did you ever get any good fights?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: When I was younger, I would get some scraps, but I haven't. My last time I ever intentionally thought somebody was twenty fourteen, my first like three weeks here in Nashville, and since then it's losers, losers.
Speaker 10: Nice dude, it don't happen.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I used to be a little menaced. I I used to look for a way, look for a reason in any situation.
Speaker 10: Get that's such a hard video, but now that is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But dudes like John Jones who are like you, just they're also nice and around, but you just know what they could do. It's like, that's got to be the best feeling in the world to be like, no one can really fuck with me if they tried, and it would take four or five guys.
Speaker 10: We sat by each other. A power slap that was.
Speaker 1: That was a vibe.
Speaker 2: Going full seasons themselves.
Speaker 4: No, you're just standing there. You're holding a padded stick behind you and you're just green. Like he flinched.
Speaker 10: Get back up there.
Speaker 2: It's like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: On Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Dude, it is a zoo in there.
Speaker 1: There's so many differ person under his beard is from him turning.
Speaker 4: That's that's the wolverine.
Speaker 2: From Missouri.
Speaker 4: He's from Missouri. We we interviewed the Power Slap one. We interviewed a bunch of guys and the winner gets like ten thousand dollars, was starting yeah, and we're like, hey, what are you gonna What are you gonna do with the ten thousands? Like, oh, man, I think I'm a My wife wants a new pair of tits. That like, okay, yeah, good investor, good investment.
Speaker 10: Good investment. Yeah, man, actually lasts a long time, twenty years.
Speaker 4: Those says are good.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 10: It's spend two grand at a strip tonight, or spend ten grand and look at a good pair of tits the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This might not last for ever, but this will at home. Let's fix the home life.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 10: What did you say about your home life?
Speaker 4: The UFC, though, Dude, the way they put us at like every time we go, I'm just like in awe about how close.
Speaker 1: We are, how they allow us to do what we do there Hunter and Diana do for you and me.
Speaker 10: It's amazable, Like it is just.
Speaker 1: Dana is like you know what, it reminds me of Rogan, Like they have that similar spirit of like when you get in that ether and you become a part of that family. It's it's over your family.
Speaker 2: You're in it.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, like how fast everybody is just like, no, this is our guy. Like and listen that dude to the writer of Dana does not get enough fucking.
Speaker 4: No, he does not.
Speaker 1: He's a savage, is the motherfucking man. Dude. Hunter is one of the best dudes i've He's his business but his spirit. Dude. He came to see my showing in Vegas. He came in and hung out the whole night like just one of the dudes. Man, he is one of the sweetest dudes man, Hunter, Dana. I know y'all might not see this clip. We want you to know on behalf of the Boys and Jelly Roll thank you. Yeah, a thousand thank yous is not enough. Literally, Amber, thank you.
Speaker 10: And I love y'all from a distance.
Speaker 2: I remember when Taylor was talking about you went to was it McGregor diaz right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Back in like sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just remember, like I never really had a bucket list, but a bucket list thing was like being out a UFC fight in Vegas and knowing these seats that they hook you up with, bro and you you just walk out the tunnel and they go and sit you like right there, and you're kind of just looking over like, y yo, how in the fuck did we?
Speaker 1: You know what else is crazy?
Speaker 4: Every UFC fight I've been to, I have been in the front of front rows before it gets to like the media desk where data and like Trump sit and so I'm like as close as post. But the only time I haven't was when it was like Trump just got elected and it was Tulsi, Gabbern the whole squad and we were like we just had one behind. But every time I sit there, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, our cabinet was in front of me.
Speaker 4: There was a time, did you just do something nasty to America? That would be it?
Speaker 1: You know, it was crazy. It wasn't realized this. That's why jd Vance wasn't there. Yeah, makes sense, because I looked all night and I was so confused. I was like, why is jd Vance not here? It'd be a great time to show unitudes like you can't have the president and the newly evicted price vice president in the same room, especially when there's been an assassination attempt on the president elect, right, you know what I mean? They did not because I was confused because j D's like seemed like the kind of dude that would go and hang out too, you know what I mean. He'd be like, no, I'm not they.
Speaker 4: Gonna switch off you for a fight. Trump's like he was at slat boxing.
Speaker 2: I was like speaking of he was like us watching from.
Speaker 10: That who's that one dumpling?
Speaker 1: One of the heavyweights? He just did Hawaiian They just have a second fight.
Speaker 4: Is that the Russian cat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cat, Well, he's the big He's got a big be a beard. I don't know if he's rushing or white trains, but it all breaks similar to me.
Speaker 4: Dude, He's not Russian anywhere the US. He just to fish.
Speaker 2: My thought.
Speaker 4: The UFC thing is just crazy that there's probably so many people that should be sitting in those seats. Yeah, we get to sit there.
Speaker 2: You look at your right. That one time we were there and it's like Mark Wahlberg's.
Speaker 4: To Mark Wahlberg, DAPs me up. Now, He's like, hey, good to see you.
Speaker 1: I'm like when we want We.
Speaker 2: Walked in the hotel and he's like, I love what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know there's no way that dude, No, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Powerlap Is after all these fights, like guys getting knocked out or whatever, there's always this big gambling party at the Fountain Blue high Roller and they just they're just rolling around the swollen faces and everything.
Speaker 1: Dude, I like him. Doesn't that look like cats?
Speaker 10: That looks like a Roman sculpture.
Speaker 1: That looks like the dude I'd be a fan of. You know what I'm saying, Go Doublinggo.
Speaker 10: Michael, Michael Angelo.
Speaker 4: Those cats are different, man, different.
Speaker 2: It's blown up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the US is awesome.
Speaker 1: The best.
Speaker 10: Are those are those fake biceps?
Speaker 4: I mean, hold on, I saw a glimpse. It seems like it's an obvious yes to.
Speaker 10: Talk about muscle.
Speaker 4: Nothing like hitting him with a beach ball.
Speaker 1: That's dumpling too.
Speaker 4: He's about to kill this little neck.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious. Look at this motherfucker.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, two classic T shirt.
Speaker 1: That's what that is right there?
Speaker 4: That makes that It makes you look.
Speaker 1: It looks like that dumpling is Russian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rush we enner up this episode to bring you our Roe partner.
Speaker 1: Roe dude.
Speaker 4: So it's always a litt uncomfortable right sometimes jumping into the bedroom. Do you want to perform at your best all these types of things. Row, you can't beat it with Roe. They got these nice little things called rose sparks. There are two and one prescription treatment for guys who need a secret weapon against softness. They hit the bloodstream faster because they dissolve under the tongue and getting hard faster means there's no more waiting to perform after rose sparks dissolves. They work in fifteen minutes on average, all based on metabolism, right like sometimes fifteen, sometimes we'll hire sometimes a little lower, but on the average that's fifteen. Rose sparks stays active in your system for thirty six hours, so you can go back to back to back round after a round, be ready the morning after. ROW connects guys with a medical provider one hundred percent online, so there's no awkward conversation with in person providers. If approved treatment ships directly to their door.
Speaker 2: And it's discreet, and it's true discreet, that's the big thing.
Speaker 10: You go out.
Speaker 2: I went out to my mailbox over the weekend, finally got me. Somebody threw one in under my tongue and let my wife know it was about.
Speaker 1: To be on.
Speaker 4: Yeh, I'll see in fifteen to thirty. Yeah, I'll see in fifteen minutes on average.
Speaker 1: Well, I let her know.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, if you don't mind, you can go ahead and go to bed. Your boy's gonna go up and goon on pug for a little bit of sureon. But I went down and woke up from her sleep and let her know. And then after I got done, I said, hey, shout out row And it made her say thank you, Row. And then the next morning again, because it's in your system for thirty six hours, your boys rocked up ready to go the next morning. But she's feeding the baby, so I had to make sure after coffee, get her in the pantry, get her in the pantry. You know, yeah, shout out rowout. So this this shit works. It is fun. And I'm telling you what, boys, not that I have the most problems in the world. Maybe I'm a little quick on the trigger, but I'm talking. You are rocked up thicker longer. Just keep talking, dude. It Uh it's a game changer, is what you're saying. Oh, yes, it is a game changer. And it's fun. You know, when you throw one into under the tongue and it starts dissolving you're just thinking yourself, what's about to happen when it goes down? I promise you it goes down because quick on the trigger. I feel like I can definitely sit there and be like, yeah, my poor wife. By the majority of people, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to be in the majority of that one. Yeah, there's a bunch of slayers enhancement to get it going again.
Speaker 2: You know, I have all the fun, all the pleasure.
Speaker 4: If you're subscribed New Sexual Health of Patients, get fifteen dollars off sparks on a reoccurring plan. Connect with a provider at ROW dot co slash bustin to find out if prescription ROW sparks are right for you. That's our Oh dot co slash bustin b us s I n for fifteen dollars off your first order.
Speaker 2: Compounded drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety effectiveness or manufacturing review. For full safety information, go to road dot co slash safety info. Back to this episode, you guys are.
Speaker 4: Talking about the studios. What what makes a studio great? Is the sound in it? Or is it the story? When you're talking about this hunted place in Vie.
Speaker 10: It could be a super nice, high tech, brand new studio not have the vibe. It could be an old, ranky you know, smells like cigarette smoke and be the best vibe.
Speaker 1: Jim Henson in l A love that place so much history there sometimes history too, like you know what else about studios even when they're like old, Like I love that when you go into older studios that had that old original wood they put in there, keep it that, like, never lose that feeling of that old studio. Would Man, it's Jim Henson, No, dude, it's it's awesome. So you know, Keith, Dude, John Mayer just bought this I don't know, I don't know if that's public or not. But John mayeror just saved this place from getting bout. Yeah, it was like he wanted to keep it how it was like just a musician and it was like fuse to little corporatize it and turn it into something. That's where we are. The world was cut.
Speaker 10: We are that's right, we are the children, that's right. They were right there where we're facing what we're facing the tracking room in Nashville. Keith Urban just bought and it is exactly how it's been for thirty forty years. All these massive records have been cutting there. And I'm standing in there with Keith and he's showing me a video of him on his He showed me on his phone a video of him recording some of his biggest records, standing in the place where he is in this video, and everything's exactly the same. Dude, it was like inception. I'm watching Keith Urban watch a video of him right there in the same chair and like the green walls behind it, and dude, I'm like, oh, this is a head trip those moments and like being an abbey road going to walk through the bow, and like here in the they have like a reverb chamber. It's just like an old bomb shelter basically that they've miked up. It's like those where history is soaked in, taking it back to the circle. The like the wood in the in the Ryman Auditorium lived through so much history and so many moments and so much energy, keeping that spirit literally, keeping that spirit alive through studios. I think that's important. Like it's sad when they tear down Studio A and music Row and put a restaurant in or something. We need to preserve these because what we're doing, the concrete base that started what we're doing is recorded in these rooms. And I am the type of guy that would love to go in there and soak that out. Yeah, those are the reverb chambers.
Speaker 1: And they got hold on. They got one in sound pulled up sound important a room. It's my favorite room in Nashville. It's got a it's got a reverb chamber that you've got the crawled in. Yeah, like in the very very back of it. So does that room look for me or to anybody here? Yeah, you all ready for this. If that camera was turned the other way and you see where that microphone is right there in this one right there, imagine there was a camera in front of it. That's where I shot Saved Me. That's where I recorded save the Center. It's where we wrote some of a sentence I wrote save Me.
Speaker 4: So if all the places you guys have been, what's the number one if you had to pick one that was like this is the work out of or been in, got to go to video to work out of there?
Speaker 1: It is? Ye see, yeah, same room. That room is my favorite room. Man, so that's the one where you got to crawl into the uh, into the reverb chamber if you want to get the big echoey stuff like it's like a like a probably the size of that door right there, but it's up, so you got to kind of step up on something and crawl through it.
Speaker 10: I want to go in muscle shows a bunch of I.
Speaker 1: Haven't record an album a muscle shows, but to just like do it old school and pull up the bus and camp out for like two months. Yeah, we should go together. Should that be our album?
Speaker 10: Yes, muscle shows? Yeah, and we film it all. It's it's the're not like everything, you don't everything.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're in a think tank with him right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of love it. Yeah, it's just such a different world that we're even we have no idea to go.
Speaker 10: To Musclesho and do that though I Loved you or abroad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's it like when you feel like you've made something that it's going to be a banger and it's just not or it doesn't even it doesn't even make the album. It's kind of maybe a little shot to the ego that everybody's not buying in this.
Speaker 1: Depends on how you feel about it, though it depends like it's not always for it depends on what your expectation was of it, Like.
Speaker 2: Well, have you ever had that highly expectation with just you yourself?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, early in your career, and then you sometimes realize that stuff you love is not the stuff that is loved, so like, very seldom has my favorite song on the album been everybody's favorite song on the album. So once you go through that a couple of times, you're like, oh, and then it makes it really cool because you know what that does. You still have some selfishness in your songwriting, which is important. I think, like, I know that I'm writing for a group of people. I know that I'm trying to speak on behalf of us, and I'm trying to tell our story to critical mass and pop culture. But then sometimes I like that I still selfish enough to just write a song for me, you know what I mean? Like, I think it's important as a song right. I don't know if i've me be a Hurston never even talked about this.
Speaker 10: I mean you're speaking like you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like, every now and then I need to write. There are songs that I have that I've wrote that were literally for me, like I needed to exercise something in that song. And maybe I shared a little too much or maybe I set a name even but it's like I needed to get it out of me personally. Yeah, that it's like I needed you know sometimes So yeah, but it's like I'm okay with it now, will if I know that it's for me, Like I just accept like I like this song. So if it doesn't go that's cool. I get it, but I like it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's like, yeah, there would be the first and only moment that's happened to me. It was early on was I thought I was gonna have somebody's next single. They announced it to a room of people, It's gonna be the next single. So that would have been like a big first radio single for me as a songwriter. It ended up not being that, And it was like that moment your expectations you just got to manage them and know that going in. But like with in the case of Morgan, big song, we've written a ton of big songs that aren't big songs. You know, you just can't pick and choose what's gonna pop off The only thing we can control, which we can't even help but do, is just write more songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I will say this. I've had singles slip through that I was like, oh damn, I wish that would have been the single. That happens all the time, like whenever, similar to him, like whenever, Like you think you write a song and it's gonna be somebody single, there comes a point where you have enough singles or enough things going on that you're like, oh, damn, I hate I missed that. It's not like you're mad about it, but you're just like, damn, Like post right now, I'm praying they pick losers for his next sing Me Too, that's a that's a that's a that's you feel me, you know?
Speaker 10: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: But it's like there's a chance they won't. It's a label thing. We're not in charge of that, you know what I mean. But it's like we're over here like, oh.
Speaker 10: It's showing that it should be losers.
Speaker 1: If y'all are saying what we're saying, dog, I mean, that thing's streaming, dog. So I got almost one hundred million on Spotify, like rolling, So it's a that's the thing, you know, like, that's like came me and Kane's record Haunted. I don't know what the next single on his album is because I'm on his album. I'm like, I'll give you one where it happened in real time. I've never told this story, but it's a cool story to tell. Me and Cody Johnson, who's one of my best friends in country music. I love Cody Johnson. That cowboy is one of the most authentic real dudes, love you kind of dudes. I mean, he is the most christ like dude I met in the business. He is awesome, and we got to do a record together on his album. That's how much I love Cody Johnson. And I thought, there's no way this isn't going to be his next single after the Painter, like as hot as he is, as hot as I am, as hot as this song is, like the meaning of it. And then his album comes out and I hear a song called dirt Cheap.
Speaker 10: And take your hat off to that one.
Speaker 1: I called him and said, well, Bubba one, congratulations on what's going to be an award winning album, which it did go on to win the see in the Album of the Year. I said, because this album is unbelievable, I said, but me and your dream of having a single together just died. He's like, why you say that. I was like, dirt Cheap might be the best song I've ever heard, you know what I mean. I was like literally, and of course it went on to be one of the biggest songs of his career, you know what I mean. It's like, you know the hug you gave him when he won too, I told you so.
Speaker 10: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a motherfucker Because Cody's so humble. He's like, dude, I'm not gonna win this thing. He's backstage like mixing a cocktail or something like not a chance, and I'm like, Bubba, this is your year, Like you're fixing to take this thing. I'm telling him that during the commercial break before they call it, so as soon as they announced, I ran over to him and looked like a little kid, like he was staring hugging his wife and I'm just standing.
Speaker 10: There jumping way.
Speaker 1: As soon as he gets through huging his Wife's like me, now, hug me, Cody, Because I was so like, I tell I whishper, That's what I whispered to Jo, Like I fucking told you so motherfucker. It's like I told you, he was like, dude, whatever. Then he went up there and Rick flair Wood.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man.
Speaker 1: But that's that's that stuff happens all the time behind the scenes, you know what I mean. Like right now, I hope Kane's next single is Haunted, but it's obviously what I want. I'm on it, you know what I'm saying. I think it's a great song, you know what I mean. But he might have another song that's trending better and doing better. And that's just part of it too. And I want what's best for Kane too, like I wanted what's best for Cody, you know what I mean, And what's what was best for Cody at the time was dirt cheap.
Speaker 10: There's five hundred big songs getting written today and probably only two or three of them will pop off.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 10: I mean, you got that, maybe two or three that are written this week and pop off.
Speaker 1: We'll be in. It will be somebody's kind of maybe career moment for them a little bit.
Speaker 4: Or we talked about this when we were in thirty a about like you picking and choosing what type of music to keep for you and then go. But when I was We're at goren to Operator, I'm reading you like eleven number ones and one for yourself, Like, how is it a level of selflessness or is a level of being like this is not my this is not how I.
Speaker 10: Want aware, not selflessness and self aware. Like for the first six or seven years of just I was in the service industry of writing songs, and that was being selfless, but also hadn't really discovered exactly what I want to say and how I want to sound. So the moments that did feel like me, I kept along the way, and my real goal was stacking a catalog of songwriting credits and saying yes to rooms and getting in there and you know, building that up as big as possible. Now, because of that success in songwriting, I have a little more freedom to focus on myself more, which is why I was locked in a studio last week. I just rented it out to write focus on me, the same way that we rent out a studio to go in for months at a time for posts. It's like, Hey, instead of that, I'm going in for a week by myself, for me, for me, by me, And it's like now having that freedom, I'm able to luck in on a sound, and I think this would be the first time I'm make an album with so much intention of time versus a collection of songs throughout a twelve month period that I'm like, Okay, I have seventeen or eighteen or thirty songs, whatever it is. Yeah, now it's like, Okay, this is the allotted time I'm going to give myself to go in and make an album.
Speaker 1: I was. I was saying this about Eric Church the other day whenever I got to do the conversation with him. Was early in Air's career, before he dropped Centers Like Me. He had a song called Guys Like Me and he just got a big cut on a Brandy record, I think like his first number one on radio or something with a Brandy record, and he was at that pivotal point of his career where you know, he had to figure out what Eric Church was singing as opposed to what he was going to give to other people. And the cool thing was when I asked him that, I thought he was going to be like, oh, what you know, Yeah, I knew what was for me and I knew what was for them. He was like, no, I kind of got put into the artist thing because people wouldn't cut songs that sounded so uniquely me that, you know what I mean, That they just couldn't cut him anyway, so they sounded so uniquely him. What I think makes Ernest one of the greatest songwriters of our generation and artist is that he knows the difference between what he should be the vessel for and what he shouldn't be the vessel for, you know what I mean, and is willing as an artist to pass up hits because he don't feel like he's the right vessel for him. That's what makes Ernest special to me is to be sitting on a grenade. It's a grenade, but knowing it's not the grenade you're supposed to throw. That is such a hard decision to make in life, you know what I mean. But that also comes with knowing who you are as an artist, you know what I mean. That's why you can't pitch Jelly Roll the song one. It's not It's not because I'm that egotistical as a songwriter, which I am a little bit because I write songs, But it's that you don't I know who I am as an artist. You can't manufacture that in a room without me, you know what I mean. That's hard, Like I'm that specifically me. I'm that particular about what I'm willing to sing me personally, And I've had to pass hits. I've had hits in a room that I wrote on, or hits that I wasn't in a room but my boy was in the room. Was like, Yo, you need to hear this song that went on to be a hit for somebody else that I had to be like, Man, I love it, Bubba, but I'm not the vessel for that song, you know what I mean. Like it's crazy, you know what I mean. And then other songs come along that you're like, you talk your way into getting on because you know you're supposed to be a part of the vessel. That's the juxaposition, right, Like when I hear hard Fought Halloluju, I'm like, Yo, I need to be on this song, you know what I mean, Like this song has got so much meat in it. I relate to it in such a compassionate and deep way that I want to be a part of the record. So yeah, Losers another one for sure where I didn't write Losers at all.
Speaker 10: But while you're in that room, it was like, the only person that could top on this.
Speaker 1: With us is for sure, you know what I mean. So it's not an ego thing. It's just to know who you are as an artist thing. And I think that's what makes Ernest special. Then what makes Ernest special outside of that is being in a room writing on a post Malone album and going, hey man, we can't cut this without jelly roll. There. I can't not hear jelly roll on this song. I've been hearing it. I heard his voice in my head. This is a jelly roll kind of song. Like that's awesome, you know what I mean. That's also the test of his ear and the test of my artistry of like when you can stand as an artist for so long as what you do specifically that sometimes people can't get around working on that with you. That's I don't know if anybody liked this part of the podcast, because this is real how the sausages make.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fit's dope because especially, I mean just listening from my vantage point, I enjoy listening to music, but to hear things like that you're saying about being the vessel, not being the vessel when you think, well, why was you just cut all the ones that you know are going to be hits? But then it seems like you lose the identity of who you really are. And you're talking about locking yourself in a room being like I found my sound, and I'm thinking to myself, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, because I'm so like green whatever the pool term it is. But I don't even fucking it's It's hard for me to even compute because it's not the world I've lived in at all.
Speaker 10: You've got a keychain full of keys, You're standing at a door and finally one works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how do you Okay?
Speaker 1: So if not, what are the keys?
Speaker 4: Is it like you want a guitar? Is you want a piano? Is you just humming in your head?
Speaker 1: Uh? No?
Speaker 10: The keys would be different directions to go with music. Like, obviously I've played you every type of music I've ever made. The one that I present the most to the world and the one that I want to stand on and be forty and fifty years old if I have to go sing at the opry is country music?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But you but you're talking about the album.
Speaker 10: You're right, but so that the sound being I've I've found that sound in the last two hours.
Speaker 4: Old traditional yeah, no, yeah, it's it's awesome.
Speaker 10: So that that would be in flower shops was that moment for me. I was like, Okay, I love this. This is a key on my key chain. If this is what's going to open the door I got.
Speaker 1: I got that, save me what was mine. But the flip side of that is a lot of artists don't know who they are. I guess that's why I'm talking about this, is that there's so many artists that have five hits or three hits, and you look and they all sound completely different. They have no it's just he's just searching for a hit because he don't know who he is, you know what I mean. It's kind of like, you know, like if you don't Actually, that's what I'm preaching the kids on American Idol. At some point in this process. I want you to find out that this is what who you are as an artist. That's why I want you to tell your story, because I think it's gonna come from who you are as a human more often than not, you know what I mean. But and there's the other kind there are the ones that lab shop that who they are as a human who they are as artist are two different people, and it's theater. That's cool too, you know what I mean if you figure that out. But a lot of artists don't know who they are, so they'll have a couple of hits. I'll name them off camera and you'll be like, oh, that makes sense. I did hear that song, But I wonder why I never heard from that dude again, you know what I mean. It's like because he had no true identity, where guys like Luke Morgan, like we know what a Luke song sounds like. When you hear a Luke com song, you know it's a Luke Coom song before Luke Comb starts singing. When you hear a Morgan song, you know it's a Morgan song before Morgan starts singing. You know what I mean, Like, this is just what we know.
Speaker 4: I feel that I do love the Time capsule Ast country music. You'll be that stuff is top notch, so you're going back in time.
Speaker 1: It's getting popular now, but I love that he did it before it's popular. I love that Ernest was just like, yo, man, I'm gonna like he was in the middle of writing the biggest album in the world and was like, but on the side of this, I'm gonna make some real honky Tom Roberts Western world music. It's like it, I'm gonna put that out as me for fucking fun, which is why I think Hardy is great. Yeah, Hardy could write a hit for anybody in this town, include himself. Hardy wants to make Hardy music. If it's a hit, cool. If it's not a hit cool, Hardy wants to make Hardy music, and.
Speaker 10: He's gonna end up Square Garden for sure.
Speaker 4: It sounds that you have to be afforded that availability, though, to be able to make hits for yourself, or if you have to make hits, if you have the talent, make music for yourself it's a hit somebody somebody else, or just make music for yourself. That's the ultimate.
Speaker 10: I've won the battle.
Speaker 4: It's like I I can write for me and whatever I want. If it's a hit, great, if not whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's a it's a. Yeah, it's an in it's a You gotta sit out and wait your turn and work extremely hard during the time.
Speaker 2: Patience loved it on the screen Jelly's food is here.
Speaker 1: Yo. I love y'all. I told you how to herd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sounds super super crazy, but double digitis.
Speaker 4: Well, you're going back to it.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that foods here. I'm just thinking of his journey. Yeah, I'm sure Bunny has been.
Speaker 1: Loving the entire test osro we're talking about on the way here. Bunny has probably benefited the most from my life change. You'd be surprising, celebrated for the first for the first time in a long time. This thing doesn't smell sour, and we'll not be goggles in a snorkelan to.
Speaker 10: Go down there.
Speaker 1: I changed more boys, I know you gotta go.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you for being a part of the first episode.
Speaker 10: Sports