Speaker 1: Afrotech is a global gathering where inclusive tech companies meet innovators. It's the only tech event you need all year. Get ready for Afrotech twenty twenty three in Austin, Texas, November first through the fifth. We built a whole temper you can use to help you get your employer to sponsor your trip and enjoy experiences built for every stage your career. Whether you're a college student looking for your next internship, or if you're work in a venture capital looking for your next business to invest in, and if you're looking for a co founder or people that's join your team, there's no better place to be. The massive corporate layoffs of twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three have affected our community in a big way. An Afrotech wants to help you get back on your feet with skill development, making it easier to switch industries. If that's your route. In an afro tech you'll make connections to help you get your next opportunity. Visit afrotech dot com slash conference to learn more. I'm Will Lucas and this is Black Tech, Green Money. Mandy Bauman is founder and CEO of Official Black Wall Street. The marketplace ad that is the fastest growing platform for finding and supporting black owned businesses in the United States. Internal reports say her app has recirculated about ten million dollars in sales and business services back into black owned businesses. Now, she's focused on expanding her services to ten other countries, including Canada, South Africa, Friends in UK, and the Netherlens. When you're starting something like this, you don't always intend to be a techie. What did she have to learn to get this idea off the ground?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a good question.
Speaker 3: I'm a non technical founder, So I started out my career in the digital marketing social media space, and I think that's what helped me grow Official Black Wall Street. But on the tech side, you know, I had taken some some web development classes, very very different from building an actual app, and so for.
Speaker 2: Me it was a major learning curve.
Speaker 3: I definitely had just have a lot of mentors and advisors to help them to help me actually interview you know, developers and you know, our a CTO just to make sure that we were considering.
Speaker 2: The right things.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we, I say we at that point, it was just but I had even back then, I was so accustomed to saying we all the time. But I had launched the app, the website for Official Black Wall Street, the first one in like twenty fifteen, and that one I had built myself.
Speaker 2: I knew for a fact that.
Speaker 3: I did not want to do any of that again for the app or something even bigger, because it took a lot, and so for me, it was it was literally just all about trial and error and finding the right people who had the right skills, which again was a lot of trial and error.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you think about, you know, organizing this database of black owned companies, a lot of our companies' businesses, unfortunately, are not supertect happy. There's you know, a category of them are, but a lot of us have mom and pops and et cetera. So I wonder how you go about, you know, engaging them to the directory when they already have some issues just getting their technology up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one was tough.
Speaker 3: Like you said, I've noticed when it comes to technology, a lot of our businesses are way behind. I mean, you know, we have other businesses talking about taking advantage of you know, VR technology and AI, and we're still trying to get our business owners online, like just a website first. So for us, even with our platform, you know, there's like an application process to be approved, and we want to make sure that the businesses on there are prepared, you know, for traffic, you know, the the aesthetics and everything else. So for us, we have different partners that we work with. So when we come across the business that doesn't have the right infrastructure, doesn't have the right website in place, we pass them along to those partners so that they can help them. A lot of times there's just a major there's just a major gap when it comes to the education and resources, especially when you're talking about technology.
Speaker 2: So for us, it's all about kind of holding their hands.
Speaker 3: We have, you know, two different type of customers and for those we hold their hands and we you know, we refer them to our partners to help them with with all of that.
Speaker 1: You know, many have tried to organize black companies onto a platform but have not reached the success you have. I remember even Diddy, you know, like a year ago, was talking about building you know, some things to help organize us. But you've you've found a lot of success here. What would you say differentiate you or your offering or was different about your strategy or your value prop like what made you the one to shoot out of the crowd?
Speaker 2: I like to say I was a secret sauce. Outside of that, I think my like I said.
Speaker 3: Before, my background was in the digital marketing social media space. Before we even had a website, I had a community that I was growing online. So before we had a websit or anything like that, I was like, you know, let me create some social pages and share the businesses that I'm coming across. And in doing that, we had literally built a community of over one hundred thousand followers before we even launched a website. So I think building that community and you know, fostering that community, and you know, this is a social impacts tech company, and the fact that we were very big on social in the very beginning definitely helped us pick up steam, especially when you think about all the different social movements that have that we've experienced over the past couple of years alone, Like we've been in position.
Speaker 2: And ready to.
Speaker 3: You know, ready to take the lead in those areas because of our social media presence and the community building that we did before we even had a product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you said a couple of things you said that I think are necessary to highlight you know, you know, just because because you have you know, a well funded, you know, initiative doesn't mean you're gonna go. Like you talked about, you built a community first. And what people so often missed is if you haven't engaged community, people who really believe you can almost sell them anything because you've already earned the trust. So can you talk about what kind of things you did to nurture that community, because I'm imagining you had the community before you had the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yes, I don't know that, correct me. I don't know that was a good guess though I had.
Speaker 3: When I first, you know, started the idea for official Black Wall Street, I was creating a resource my my background. I went to school for entrepreneurship, and kind of this evolved into a business. So I didn't in the very beginning see this is, you know, being a business.
Speaker 2: But I lost my train of thought.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I mean I just imagine when when you're building a community, people will follow you anywhere. And so when you've built this community, like, what the things that you do to get people interested in joining your group?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was all about trial and error and with social media, there was a lot of that, so figuring out what our customers actually wanted, what our users wanted to see. So at that point in time, they wanted to learn about different black owned businesses.
Speaker 2: Well where are they in the US.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of users who were in New York, Atlanta, La, Houston, so you know, highlighting the different businesses in those areas, you know, doing different community events in those you know, local community events in those areas, also collaborating with local organizations.
Speaker 2: So all around the country.
Speaker 3: There there are you know, different black professional groups than black entrepreneurial groups, and so connecting with those people. But really it was all about I think one of the biggest mistakes me and other entrepreneurs make starting out is creating something and being like, Okay, this is what I would want to see, uh but for for for this, in the very beginning and building that community, it was like, okay, well, who is who is you know in our community? What's that? What is that persona like? And what exactly do they want to see? And so we began you know, producing content around that. In the very beginning, I was I mean, I wore all the hats, so you know, we did a lot with content as well, and that helps, you know, just circulating different businesses in different areas, all of the small nuances of social media commenting, following, you know, following up with people, congratulating people for anniversaries, posting about it, different things like that definitely helped to build an if off of that community.
Speaker 1: When you are building something that helps people find, you know, actual physical locations, rick and mortar locations, I imagine you've got to do a lot of work in a particular area in order for there to be enough in said city, said town. Did you find it an imperative to be hyper local first and wherever that may have been?
Speaker 3: Yes, uh so we didn't exclude other businesses in other areas.
Speaker 2: But it's when you have a marketplace you you.
Speaker 3: You come across that, you know, the chicken and the egg problem, which one comes first?
Speaker 2: Which one do you focus on first?
Speaker 3: Uh So for us, the easiest thing to do was to figure out which cities you wanted to zero in on first. You know, I had already built that that community, so it was like, okay, where are.
Speaker 2: Most of these people located?
Speaker 3: They were in New York, La Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, and so then it was drilling down into those specific areas to find the businesses and find the people.
Speaker 2: Very similar to like Uber and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of those companies, and you know, when they first started, they were just in specific locations and then expanded outwards.
Speaker 1: And you were doing you know, social media for major brands before you did this, Like, what did you learn about how all things work in those brands that might have helped you, you know, scale Official black Wall Street.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing so I had out of college, I.
Speaker 3: Worked in the music industry, so I was at Atlantic Records in digital marketing. Then I went to Complex Magazine and Essence Magazine and Social and.
Speaker 2: I think being at.
Speaker 3: Being at those companies, especially the digital online publications Essence and Complex was super helpful because it I learned content and content is king. So when it comes to marketing Official black Wall Street, when it came to growing our platform, even going viral in different areas, you know, being for example, being at Essence, it taught me the type of headlines that people look for. So I was able to write our press releases when we first started, I you know, had a good idea of you know, a similar audience, so I got a good idea of what people clicked on versus what they didn't click on so much when it comes to the images and the headlines, so I was able to create articles on a consistent basis that would literally go viral and bring more attention to the businesses on the platform. So I think that and when it comes to social media, just being consistent, which is a tall order because you know, social media can be a lot, and knowing knowing when to sit out of you know, the new thing that's happening, or knowing when which platforms you need to focus on so that you're not spreading yourself tho thin. But I think those two things, especially content, was a major.
Speaker 2: Key for me.
Speaker 1: Afro Tech is a global gathering where inclusive tech companies meet innovators. It's the only tech event you need all year. Get ready for Afrotech twenty twenty three in Austin, Texas, November first through the fifth. We built a whole temper you can use to help you get your employer to sponsor your trip and enjoy experiences built for every stage your career, whether you're a college student looking for your next internship, or if you work in avention capital looking for your next business to invest in, and if you're looking for a co founder or people that's join your team, there's no better place to be. The massive corporate layoffs of twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three have affected our community in a big way. An afro Tech wants to help you get back on your feet with skill development, making it easier to switch industries. If that's your route. In an afrotech, you'll make connections to help you get your next opportunity. Visit afrotech dot com slash conference to learn more. Have you found that knowing that black vendors exists is enough? Like what other keys to them thriving and us supporting them are necessary?
Speaker 2: Knowing that they exist definitely not enough.
Speaker 3: I think when it comes to support, there has to be it has to be intentional.
Speaker 2: One thing that I've found is.
Speaker 3: That there is always this massive energy towards buying black when something happens, you know, when there's you know, some like police brutality, or there's a large you know, luxury brand that does something that it is always reactionary. So I think for us, in order to move things forward, at least on our end, it has to be a more intentional push where we're not just doing this as a reaction to something else. One and then two, there is you know we can talk about you know, systemic racism and the different challenges business owners go through when it comes to that, and that is a whole different ballgame that we can't even I believe that it's it's up to the powers that be to change that system. And you know, the when we talk about access to capital, and you know, there is a stat that black women receive less than one percent of VC funding. You know, when it comes to bank financing, you know, even when we're equally qualified, we still get shut out of those loans. So I think there is a heap of work that needs to be done on that end. And I think when it comes to us, there is I think supporting or knowing that they exist isn't enough. I think that we need to be intentional about supporting them.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And number two, I think we need to be intentional, intentional about giving grace when it comes to black businesses, and not just not just when it comes to the day to day supporting, but also you know, when there is a black business that gets acquired, you know that is that is being an If you are an entrepreneur, you know that that is an amazing accomplishment. So being you know, having some grace and understanding how things work on the other end would definitely help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, along those lines, I was reading this article when you said buying black should not be a trend, it should be a habit. And with that said, like, it's not always easy to buy black, Like, how do you discuss this being a responsibility in that sometimes we probably should go a little bit out of our way to support black owned businesses. You know, what would you say that?
Speaker 3: I would say that it's it's necessary. You know, we we don't have the same access we we also don't have the same the same number of businesses, uh, the same variety in our communities. I mean you go to some even some black communities and you know there are Asian owned businesses on every single corner, and that we we don't have that all the time. So I think it's necessary for us to, you know, even if it made you got to go out of your way a little bit to support I mean, how else are we going to get it done? I know something that there is one one I guess you can call it a complaint that I hear a lot with people like you know, the the price points when it comes to black businesses are a lot higher than others. Uh. And it ties into you know what you just said and and us going out of our way to support a lot of times, these small black owned businesses don't have the same contracts, they don't have the same demand that these larger companies have to sell things at a steep discount, and they can't get to that.
Speaker 2: Point unless we actually go out of our way to support.
Speaker 3: Them so that they have the demand to do so. So yeah, it's it's like an ongoing cycle, but the only way for us to actually push through.
Speaker 2: And I mean, we've been doing this for god knows how long.
Speaker 3: You know. I have an advisor who you know is old us with my dad, and he talks about, you know, we were in college, we did something like this too. So at some point we have to do something different if we want to see something different.
Speaker 1: Like I said this on a different episode, but like I don't shop at Target because I believe in the mission, Like I shopped there because they have what I need. And it's purely just that, how do we get more black owned businesses and black owned companies to just be utilities to where it doesn't necessarily matter to even communities outside of our community, to where it's not just us, but they just simply have what you need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that you said businesses being purely utility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that we're not necessarily I don't support Target or I don't support Walmart. I just go there because they have the thing, you know what I mean. And so in that way, they purely are the tools because they're the vehicle who have the stuff on the shelf that I need. Now to your point about specifically black owned businesses, we do need to support and I agree with that, but I wonder how do we get them too the place to where we as a community and other communities are frequenting these places black owned businesses particularly just because they have the think.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a great point. That is a really good point.
Speaker 3: I feel like we, especially in doing this, we have so many basically businesses that are necessities every day necessities and terms of you know, getting more businesses into that space. I think it's it's all knowledge and resources and a lot of you know, there's that education gap and a lot of our communities. We don't have an example of someone who has done this before. I mean, it's a lot easier now because we have the Internet, so you know, you can google something or go to YouTube university and figure it out. But I think, you know, letting people know the benefits of it so that you know, everyone doesn't have to have a skincare or not that anything is wrong with that, but creating things that people actually need, and sometimes they're not the sexiest businesses. I remember someone had told me about there's this company that sells like ice, and I was like, I did not even think about that, but you know, businesses continuously need ice, and you know they sell directly to restaurants. But anyway, I think it's it's I think for a lot of business owners, we create the businesses out of a need or out of a passion. So like, hey, I can cook really well, so I created a business from it. Or I can sell really well, so I created something from it. So I think I hate saying that we need more knowledge because I also think even more than that we need money. But I do think that there is an education gap where we need to understand, you know, the benefits when it comes to profit. I think I've seen a lot of business owners who are creatives and not necessarily savvy in the business sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was reading a posts about you guys having you know, you've recirculated about ten million dollars in sales and business services back into black owned businesses. So, first of all, congratulations, and you know we salute you for that. What are some of the best effective messages or best effective methods of encouraging black people to spend their dollars with black owned businesses? And here's why. I I don't know the numbers. You may know these numbers, but it talks about, you know, the white dollar may circulate, you know X amount of times, the Jewish dollars circulates, why amount of times? And whatever it is ours, once we have it, it's immediately out of our community six hours. So how what are some of the best messages you've found to be effective in inspiring black owned business support.
Speaker 3: That is a good point when the staff that you have mentioned the dollar in the black community circulates.
Speaker 2: For six hours.
Speaker 3: In Asian and Jewish communities is a month and twenty days on average. But I think the best message that I have found is the benefits of supporting black owned businesses. You know, when it comes to one circulating our dollars back into our community, creating more jobs, and creating more conglomerates. You know, when we talk about you know, anytime there is a black owned business, I gets acquired you know social media.
Speaker 2: You know social media is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are usually pissed about it, and it's like, no, this is this is how it works.
Speaker 2: This is how we generate more wealth.
Speaker 3: We always talk about generational wealth in our community, and this is like a major way that we get to that point. So I think I think the best the best messages making it personal. You know, this is the reason why I support black owned businesses, is because I want to see more wealth in my community, and that is a great way to recirculate it. Even when it comes to when we're talking about the benefits of buying black even there was a study that Golden Sachs did a couple of years ago where they found that I think it was like nine times out of ten, when there is a black entrepreneur in our community, they become leaders. So they become mentors. They're teaching other people how to become business owners. You know, they're they're basically leaders within their community. So I think removing the whole you know, this company or this police officer did this thing, so now we're going to do this in response, I think moving, you know, removing that completely and making it more so about you know, giving back to you know, bringing dollars back into our community and our infrastructures in my local economy. I think that that is the best message to you know, to get things.
Speaker 2: Through to people.
Speaker 1: And so you have this initiative to expand of Official Black Wall Street out to ten countries, you know, super ambitious. Proud of you though. I salute you for undertaking this. Talk about you know, the challenges that exist when you know, starting to distribute to other countries, when there's different cultural implications, different econom implications. How are you navigating those types of conversations.
Speaker 3: So expanding outside of the US has been a goal that we have had maybe since our first app iteration. We have you know, in growing the platform we have been we received emails and messages from people in South Africa, the Netherlands, Canada who were just like, yo, we need this too, Like how can we get this into our country and our community. Uh So, for us we I mean, we're not launching in ten different countries like tomorrow or next year.
Speaker 2: We definitely plan on doing it one by one.
Speaker 3: So we we've connected with you know, local organizations in South Africa and the Netherlands, which is you know, we're considering starting and making it more of a collaborative effort so that we one gain access to you know, knowing the different pain points that they're going through as well, but also having some one on the ground who already knows, you know, the area, already knows the culture and can kind of act as an ambassador or a laison for official Black Wall Street.
Speaker 1: You know, we've talked about these stats and I don't love them, but you know, their reality is, you know, most black owned businesses have relatively small payrolls by and large, and two thirds, you know, like sixty six percent have fewer than ten employees. And this is these are like twenty twenty numbers, like very recent numbers of fourteen percent you know, ten to forty nine employees and just three percent, you know, fifty percent fifty employees are more. How do we scale, like, what is what is the barrier between us and building businesses that grow beyond mom and pop shops.
Speaker 3: Man, it really hurts even hearing it out loud. But the first thing I thought of was one the access to capital. A lot of the business owners that we work with, if they don't when they don't have the knowledge of receiving that capital and knowing what's possible and what their options are, and so for them, you know, they're starting out in a negative and there is no space for hiring somebody else. It's like, Okay, we can get an intern, but that's about it because we have to work our way up. So I think, you know, one the different bias is that business owners go through when it comes to bank.
Speaker 2: Funding, VC funding, All of that has to to.
Speaker 3: All that has to change in order for us to actually get the funds that we need to launch and scale. But I think outside of that, it goes back to the conversation of buying black And you know what I mentioned before about people kind of like the cycle that we're in where it's like, you, we want businesses to grow and be prosperous, but we have to support them so that they have to demand to grow to that level and actually you know, have the revenue and the funds that they need to hire other people and continue to grow. So it always goes back to access to capital and US actually, you know, making a concerted effort to support those businesses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give you another one that may even help further this conversation is like they're according to I think US Census, there's one hundred and forty thousand, nine hundred and eighteen at least registered US Black or African American owned businesses. As Lord knows, we have many that are just not registered. And we're just doing this and so across all sectors of the economy, and they a trip they have ray I'm sorry, in sales generation one hundred and forty one billion dollars in twenty twenty. That's their annual sale. So just in like raw division, you know, that's with one point three million people employed by these companies, that's nine employees per company out of those one hundred and forty thousand, and then raw division a million dollars in sales per company. Obviously that's raw division. Some of them might do better than others. But if there are a couple levers that make the most difference with these businesses scaling that we as a community can pay attention to when we're both building these businesses and trying to support these businesses, what can we do so like And I would like you to answer that, and particularly from the perspective of building these businesses, because you work with these companies, what kind of things are the ones that are growing doing right at the onset that help them to scale that other companies, you know, may do wrongly that hurt their ability.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I have two that immediately immediately came to mind. One is prioritizing tech in some way, shape or form so that we're not trailing behind the industry. And two, I think one thing that one thing that I've seen a lot a lot of black owned businesses do not have a marketing budget and or don't understand the importance of marketing.
Speaker 2: And my background is in marketing, so for me, that is.
Speaker 3: An official Black Wall Street is essentially a martech company.
Speaker 2: But you know, so it is extremely important to me. And I think the.
Speaker 3: Communicating that importance to businesses where it's like, you know, these are the things that you should have, as you know, a business owner if you want to grow and scale. But I found that there are so many, so many business owners large and small who just don't have a marketing budget, or don't prioritize marketing, or don't have a sales strategy or funnel, and so they are all these kind of missing pieces that are kind of that are glued together, and it just it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work out when it comes to scaling.
Speaker 3: So knowing how to to automate, you know, those different processes and being strategic things like having a strategy for sales. And if you're not a salesperson, I'm not a salesperson, so we have someone who specifically does it well as an entrepreneur. I am the the salesperson, but you know what I mean. But yeah, I think you know, those are the biggest things that I've seen. You cannot grow a company if you aren't if you aren't putting money back into it and marketing you know, your product or service to other people.
Speaker 1: Where are we making money? Like, in what industries are we making the most money?
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot, well, at least when it comes to our platform we have.
Speaker 3: I've seen that we have a lot of businesses that are in professional services. There are a lot of businesses that are in food and beverages, and a lot that are in beauty.
Speaker 1: So when you say professional services, let's break down what that is like. Is that consulting or bookkeeping?
Speaker 3: That's like consulting, bookkeeping, you know, CPA marketing. People in those basically people who took their professional skills and Step, I'm going to make a business out of this.
Speaker 1: Done And you talked about earlier, good to continue on it if you.
Speaker 2: Weren't finished, No, that's I'm good.
Speaker 1: And so you talked about earlier you had this database of a community and you could look and see, you know, where is it. Where does it make the most sense to launch official Black Wall Street talking? You know, we've seen the lists of best cities for a black entrepreneurship. You know, I want I would love to hear from from you. Where are you? Where do you see if you were to locate or relocate a service, Where do you think, geographically are suitable places that offer the best chance for success?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would say number one is Atlanta. I think Atlanta's probably at the top of everyone's list. But there is, you know, this massive community of black professionals and black entrepreneurs and so, you know, collaborating and partnering with is something I think we must do. Uh is a lot easier in that kind of atmosphere where there's so many different creatives and and you know, entrepreneurs around you.
Speaker 2: So Atlanta is a definite.
Speaker 3: I'm a little biased on this, but I would say New York only because there are so many opportunities out here and so many companies that you know, you can you know, corporate companies that you can network with. There are also so many founders out here. But I think I found Atlanta, Houston, New York, which I'm a little biased, so you can take that one with the grain of salt.
Speaker 2: I think those are also Miami.
Speaker 3: I feel like there has been this growing, you know, black tech community in Miami as well.
Speaker 1: You're obviously paying a lot of attention to not only your the growth of directory listings on your platform, but also that those companies and thrive. What gives you hope about what you're seeing, Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: What gives me hope is just the quality of the businesses.
Speaker 3: I think that was one of the reasons why I created Official Black Wall Street as a resource in general. You know, I this started out, as you know, a passion project. I wanted to support the businesses in my community. So I'm like, all right, let me just you know, create a list and see what's out there. And there were so many beautiful, dope, amazing businesses everything you can think of from you know, black owned banks, restaurants, gas stations. And I was like, wow, this is this is amazing, and I don't see that. I'm a very prideful person. I think that we are an amazing, amazing people, the most creative and brilliant people.
Speaker 2: You know. So I think that alone has has given me a lot of hope. Also, there's this.
Speaker 3: Major kind of people prioritizing, know, like socially conscious brands or brands that at least align with their value. I think forms that come out with this this article saying that you know, socially conscious spending is at an all time high.
Speaker 2: So we see the trend is there.
Speaker 3: We see that people are are are more focused on black owned businesses.
Speaker 2: Maybe not as.
Speaker 3: Much as you know three years ago, but there is a bigger focus on black owned businesses. There's a bigger focus on you know, spending based on value. And I think the world is the world is finally seeing the amazing things that we produce. Uh and I think that's one of the one of the things that excites me about doing official Black Wall Street, Like we have black owned multi vitamins and and black owned puzzles and toys and dolls, and there's just a wealth of amazing businesses out there, and so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very hopeful about it.
Speaker 1: Black Tech Green Money is a production of Blavity afro Tech on the Black Effect podcast network in nine hied Media and it's produced by Morgan Debonne and me Well Lucas, with additional production support by Sarah Ergin and Rose McLucas. Special thank you to Michael Davis, Vanessa Surroundo and Maya Mooldreu. Learn more about my guests and other tech Distructor is an innovators at afrotech dot com. Enjoying Black Tech Green Money. Share this with somebody, don't get your money, peace and love. Afrotech is a global gathering where inclusive tech companies meet innovators. It's the only tech event you need all year. Get ready for afro Tech twenty twenty three in Austin, Texas, November first through the fifth. We built a whole temper you can use to help you get your employer to sponsor your and enjoy experiences built for every stage your career. Whether you're a college student looking for your next internship, or if you're work in a venture capital looking for your next business to invest in, and if you're looking for a co founder a people that's join your team, there's no better place to be. The massive corporate layoffs of twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three have affected our community in a big way. An afrotech wants to help you get back on your feet with skill development, making it easier to switch industries if that's your route. In an afrotech, you'll make connections to help you get your next opportunity. Visit afrotech dot com slash conference to learn more