Speaker 1: Well, well, well we are back.
Speaker 2: They can't hold we that down, and the teams are voting the midway point of their seasons.
Speaker 1: The Wolves and Celtics still lead their respective conferences. Celtics but just they just don't quit looking so good.
Speaker 3: It's sort of disturbing versus the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real.
Speaker 2: But we're talking the state of the Suns today and some surprising early results out here on the West side.
Speaker 1: Of things, very surprising.
Speaker 2: For some uh and plenty more with comedian Aaron Edwards on today's episode Time Files.
Speaker 3: Great and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is.
Speaker 1: Miles and Jack Take it bad, Boosts and Mousie care less about the Lakers struggling dot jist story, got it.
Speaker 3: Hicks?
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Driving Spinny from Block's got it?
Speaker 1: But five is gonna try another three?
Speaker 3: Mister, No God, James, be honest, you tell no shot time.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Aaron Edwards, Thank you so much for joining US.
Speaker 1: Media podcast fan Buzz Rider. You got the Uncle Show coming up on January twenty sixth. That's not just the show four uncles.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing because I'm I'm an only child, so I don't have the opportunity.
Speaker 1: But what is the uncle show?
Speaker 3: Four uncles by uncles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have to be you don't have to be an uncle to show up. It's pretty much two uncles, two black uncles trying to learn the way of like the new world. Me and my boy and I wrote it, perform it. It's pretty much black.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 5: That pretty much what we do.
Speaker 2: And what's your version of too much tuna?
Speaker 1: Not enough, not enough tuna?
Speaker 4: We we see in the steak on stage the last show and we put like way too much salt.
Speaker 5: So everybody's coming out to that's saying too much salt.
Speaker 1: So too much tout. Okay, let them know, let them know.
Speaker 3: Not no such thing as too much salt on a steak. If you ask me as a fellow uncle, you can't. You can't be too much salt.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean a lot of it grills off at least, that's what I say in my mind. That's right, until.
Speaker 2: Someone eats it and they're like, is this like a sour candy? I'm like, no, this is the sake overseasons. But anyway, speaking of they too light a touch.
Speaker 3: And there is a timely topical reference for you exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So here we are twenty twenty four. It's a new year on the calendar, same season that we were last talking about when.
Speaker 1: We were in twenty twenty three. It feels like things pretty much not much has changed. The teams that were cooking remain on their they're bubbling, they are percolating. And then the teams that were slip in the process of yeah, it's just kind of stinking it a little bit continue to be stinky a little bit.
Speaker 3: Stinking it. Man, these guys are stinking it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean we did the Celtics though they are on top of.
Speaker 2: The Eastern Conference. And yeah, Jason Tatum frightens me. Yeah, he's just he's remarkable. Just Drew Holliday continues to be what I thought he would be on that team. Um, and yeah, they got a three and a half game lead over the Bucks with a twenty eight and eight record over the all.
Speaker 1: Wow, what what fun numbers to see as a as your.
Speaker 2: Win loss column there For me and my got that crazy that, I got that crazy Laker look in my eyes where I go. What I'm seeing is all faith but so real that I must embrace it. But yeah, I mean, how how is everybody looking around? Oh, Jack, I mean Philly, I know you always say I'm off.
Speaker 1: This thing, I'm done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we're just bad people. We're just unhappy people. It doesn't matter how the team is doing. Yeah, I mean, Embiat is having one of the best seasons we've ever seen a player have. He's he's been incredible. And you know, Maxie Nurse, there's your big three right there and be Maxi Nurse Nick Nurse. But I uh, I feel like they could use another piece, but not necessarily a piece that's like a big score, maybe a Caruso. I feel like every team wants to wants Caruso. Yeah, everyone wants Caruso.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be tough for anybody to pull off Caruso because everybody wants to make at that.
Speaker 3: The Bulls are just like, we're gonna we're gonna hang on to this guy. We think we like where we're headed.
Speaker 1: Yeah really you sure? You sure?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, and then it it's just the rest of it, like you said it, really, it does look like everything is going to have to be everyone versus the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Everything goes through Boston unless people start getting hurt. But I mean, other than yeah, Porzingis is a huge part of what they're doing. If he remains healthy, I think they're the prohibited favorite in the East and maybe overall. But he hasn't been able to remain healthy, so it remains to be seen, you know. But they they're terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, I mean before we talk about the Suns, I'm just looking.
Speaker 1: At the rest of the Western Conference here. What is this done here? Okay, what's going on with.
Speaker 2: At the top? Yeah, they are looking great. Jack again, you're that ticket we got in Vegas off season.
Speaker 3: I bet, okay, see to win the title in July at the turn.
Speaker 5: Off, I'm Conference finals or something.
Speaker 6: No, for the fences, you know, I've heard tell of betting markets where you can sell like a ticket like this, like you get value on it, like somebody would be willing to buy that for a pretty good price.
Speaker 3: But I think I'm going to go and do it for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the vibes, the vibes.
Speaker 5: You don't want to be the person that sells it and it hits, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I also bought a ticket for the Suns to win the title in the off season. Those those are the two that I bought, and I could not sell that, uh to anybody right now.
Speaker 2: You never know, a lot of a lot of season left, guys, A lot of seasons right now. And I look at I mean, like what the Phoenix as of this recording the Sun's nineteen eighteen, Lakers eighteen and nineteen, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a lot of season left, lot of season left, a lot of season left, a lot of season left.
Speaker 1: But need something to happen.
Speaker 3: That sounded like some Yellowstone spin offs eighteen nineteen nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, wow wow, Okay that one?
Speaker 2: Oh man, but oh brothers, right, Jabari chat just a quick you know, how's everybody?
Speaker 1: What if? What if you've been thinking of Golden State?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: And just the current fall.
Speaker 2: It looked like at one point Klay Thompson really was up there one of those postgame like conference press conferences and was just sort of like being like, yeah, you know, like maybe I'm cooked, you know, like maybe maybe that is what's going on.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I might have to be I might have to deal with that. But it felt I don't know, there's something there's a poetry about it that I was just like, oh, this is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a bunch of teams right now, like you said, other than Boston, it seems like everybody else is like considering their mortality right now, like everything like Boston, Like seasonal depression has hit every NBA team, but like two NBA teams, like all of us are just considering where we are in the universe. The Warriors are probably the ones thinking that's the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, NBA seasonal depression.
Speaker 2: Not because there's like what weather season we are in of the four seasons of the year, but just where you are in the season and how that has you depressed.
Speaker 3: Was how it's still fun though they're about to get Draymond back. Who's that one dude who who is like playing for them all of a sudden, Davis Who's Who's kind of a fun little wrinkle. I feel like, uh, I don't know. I've watched like a couple quarters of them over the break, and there's still I don't know, like there's still a blast watch anytimes stuff's out there, you know. Yeah, I don't know. I don't root against anyone except the Celtics. I'm a I'm a one woman man. When it comes to rooting against NBA teams, So you I think, but yeah, there there's they're way down there. It's not it's not looking good. They're out of a half game, out of the plan tournament. I guess I'm not too bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too bad, considering him a lot of congestion, a lot of congestion.
Speaker 5: You got to give this more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you feeling as a follower of the Suns? Do you? Are you encouraged by what you see when they finally got Durant, Booker and Beale all together.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sometimes, like when it looks good, it looks really good and kind of figure it out, but it's just a bunch of people like kind of planning out of position. And if you even look at Suns Twitter, it's like it's rough right now. It's looking bad out there, Like it seems like a family member got diagnosed with the terminal illness. And that's what all those tweets look like, just like we'll push through this, like we'll be all right, Like we just got to give it time. And it's just like just give the guy's time. It'll be a couple of weeks. Like it's just everybody just trying to talk themselves into it, but it's been looking really.
Speaker 2: Yef okay to go on with that medical analogy there, Well, what is your diagnosis exactly?
Speaker 1: Is it that? I mean, people like the roster that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know with this roster, but like on paper, you're like what others are Like, it's the coaching.
Speaker 1: It's like we don't take enough three like that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Or obviously, like anything, it's a complex issue that has many different contributing factors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like multiple organ failure, that's what it is. It's just it's the defense.
Speaker 4: It's one of the worst fourth quarter teams in the NBA.
Speaker 1: I saw that. What is the what do you guys like minus?
Speaker 5: Like what is minus? I think?
Speaker 2: And yeah minus sixteen point one net minus sixteen point one net rating in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah. And it's just it like falls apart no matter what lead we have, Like everybody's kind of expecting that now because what's Katie sits like, it just looks bad when Katie sits down, no matter who's kind of out there still because book deal are still trying to learn each other and they don't know who's going to be the point guard yet? And who's going to be the shooting guard. So they just keep trying to see who's going to actually take over.
Speaker 5: And it's what's weird, right, You.
Speaker 3: Know how you guys could use Alex Caruso. I feel like Alex Caruso that might as a dog, do we? Uh? This is speaking of the seasons this season where hope springs eternal because we're coming up on some people being able to make some moves. Do you feel like there's a move for the Suns to make?
Speaker 4: Yeah, people were talking about it today, like Grayson Allen, he's about to be a free agent and he's probably like the fourth best player on.
Speaker 5: Our team right now. Yeah, but we do, but we need more size and wings.
Speaker 4: So if anything, we just gonna have to bite that bullet and get rid of Grayson to pick up some wings because we beat way more size our rebounding.
Speaker 5: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was really like excited when I saw like early on this season, the first like five games or whatever.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, Josh, Kochie looks really good. I'm like this this this this could all start coming together. But has things aren't looking too too hot for him, right.
Speaker 4: Just leave him wide open and you're fine. And that's what Tyler did yesterday. They're just gonna leave him open at the corner, and sooner or later he gets in his own head.
Speaker 5: If he misses the.
Speaker 4: First two, he's gonna pump fake and drive off the next one because he just he gets in his own head after he missed a couple of those.
Speaker 5: Wide open corner threes.
Speaker 4: And he's still really good on defense, and he's one of my best rebounders actually, but on offense, he's just those lineups with him are pretty rough.
Speaker 3: He loot the pump fake when no one's guarding you. That used to meet my specialty because I can't. I wasn't a great outside shooter, even though with him four feet of me. So yeah, but it's like a fundamental move that every but I've.
Speaker 1: Got Cornett to jump with the Cornett Cornet on that. But what about okay would be though he's only played like thirteen games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how I mean again, I'm looking from a very far distance over here, But how close is he to come?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Is do?
Speaker 2: Are are we able to count on him as as I'm just gonna say, I guess I'm gonna be a Suns fan for a little bit because you guys are one game ahead of us, So I'm gonna just jump on that bandwagon.
Speaker 1: But what's like the problem. How do the Sun's.
Speaker 2: Fans feel about him right now? And just his availability and his health long term.
Speaker 4: I mean, the health thing, everybody was kind of it was you can tell it was grating on everybody, and they were it was kind of getting to him, but you can tell it was for him. He was trying to come back early for the back, even.
Speaker 5: Though he should have waited. He was trying to come back early for the ankle.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did come back early for the ankle, but you can tell, like it's kind of getting to him too. But he's been looking really good right now. The problem has kind of been and I hate saying this because it's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 5: It's the book thing. Like I think that was probably the bigger issue.
Speaker 4: Like Bill, he's you can tell he got his legs under him, he's getting to the rim, he's doing all that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's three point zero pretty bad right now. But the book stuff.
Speaker 4: I said at the beginning of the season, I didn't want book to be a point guard to forget he was the best chiving guard in the league.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly what happens.
Speaker 4: Like he'll legit not take a shot the entire first quarter because he's trying to do the Chris Paul thing and that's just not his game.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, that's it's like it's a hard life.
Speaker 2: And I get it, man, I've been there, same situation with just a great look your roster, thinking things are going to be moving in the right direction. It's not always easy to blame Frank Vogel as I realized that wasn't the solution for us, not at all, not all, but like yeah, yeah, yeah, but again, this is the season is just like it's delivered many surprises and again just like with with Minnesota on top of my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like not a lot of people had it except for me.
Speaker 1: You know, we get it.
Speaker 3: You know, it was surprising. I can see how it would be surprising to other people, the.
Speaker 2: Mortals who are looking at it in a very one dimensional way rather than five dimensions.
Speaker 5: And we don't know many people built different.
Speaker 3: Like you, So I guess right, brain, yeah, thank you, thank you. Let's take a quick should we take a quick break and go back and talk about like some of the teams up top.
Speaker 5: Well, we didn't even talk about the Lakers, he said.
Speaker 3: Up top, and we're back, We're back, and yeah, I guess we haven't talked about the Lakers that much. How they how they look, and I actually have to checked.
Speaker 1: The well, you know, second gold on am I glass? Are my glasses? That's going on here? We're scraping that.
Speaker 2: We're we're barely floating right now, barely, And it's so frustrating to watch. Okay, thank you Jabari for giving me the real status there three and seven of the last ten. Like I was on break, I was visiting family in Japan.
Speaker 1: I was like, let's let's sit down watch some Lakers. You know, I'm in Japan, like I'm I'm black knees.
Speaker 2: I could watch Ruy play or not play, depending on what is going on with his body. And it's just so difficult to watch Ad be playing so well and just our inability to just to get everything else going, because it used to be easy to just say like yeah, I mean like if ads like planned and like yeah, you guys are doing it, and here we are and everybody else is on Snoozefest. So it's it's definitely it's troubling. You know that the team is struggling right now.
Speaker 1: Jetlag jetlag, Joe Nama.
Speaker 2: Look, it's not easy coming back to the West Coast from Japan, but uh, yeah, it's it's uh. I don't know, Like I don't want to be able to just say it's as easy as being like, well.
Speaker 1: Darvin Ham like he's got to go, we need doc rivers or something like that. It's not. It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not easy at all, But you know, I don't know, we'll see what happens, Like I don't know if it's like a trade or what.
Speaker 1: How many are how.
Speaker 2: Many trades away we are from this? But with things just aren't coming together. And also we were saying this off mic is there's just a lot of lack of continuity for a lot of the players.
Speaker 1: That we need for the team to be playing well, and that is an excuse.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just I guess I don't understand the Lakers started putting it together at the end of last season, and it's not other than really being hurt part of the time, I don't I don't totally understand what has fallen off. It seems like you should just be last year's end of the season team plus Gabe Vincent.
Speaker 2: But right, D'Angelo Russell was he was selling us vapor where you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Like starter six man, starter six man, like it keeps going. Yeah, it's like nobody knows what to do with reason anymore. When he was supposed to be, what the third best player on the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I was like, oh, here's your here's team USA is new Golden Boy, Like here we go, bring all the players with us. But yeah, it's I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is. It could just be, you know, the heavy lies of the crown. You know, as I said, you put that.
Speaker 5: He was number one pick in the fantasy draft though, and he's been killing it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now like individ.
Speaker 5: Galaxy brain stuff. Right now, it's via Jack.
Speaker 3: That's right. Where where were you picking? Was it the number one overall?
Speaker 5: I think it's like third or four?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like to Dono and Megan Gaily and c j Are and Ian and all that. Yeah, he's gotta decently going.
Speaker 2: But I'm okay, yeah, I mean look Gabe Vincent has only played five games.
Speaker 1: Oh has he? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Fo has only played sixteen Uh Ruys just like on start stop, start stop with his health. So it's just it's just chaos, like you know, and like Ruy was such a big part of that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: Again, like I said, those are explanations and those excuses, get off my back.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's any other questions, my honor, I do.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on the So there's another team in Los Angeles smiles, no, do not. Okay, not hottest team in the league, right they are Los Angeles. Clip Are producer Jabbaris just said, break break, go to break.
Speaker 1: Stop the count, stop the cout.
Speaker 3: So this is they started seven or nine, they went oh six for a stretch like when Hart first came, like they were a legit laughing stock. On Twitter, I was like, I mean this, like the way Twitter's using their spicy Twitter fingers, it feels like they might as well just pack it in for this season. Yeah, and they have become the hottest team in the league the six times we get it. They're the biggest, They're they're kind of following through on like the thing that we saw with the Nets. For a little while, I was hoping that that was gonna be the Suns this year. But like you know, when you have three great perimeter scorers, it can come together like that that season that the Nets had KD, Kyrie and Harden, it was like, you know, it was a beautiful thing until everybody got hurt, and like, that's kind of what the Clippers are giving me, except they've got Kawhi Leonard who's like one of the best defenders in the league still, so it could be you know, if everybody's healthy, Like I people people forgot really quickly that for the first two games, and obviously that's not enough games for the playoffs, but the first two games of the playoffs, Kawhi was the best player in the NBA, Like, right, he looked absolutely incredible for the games that he was healthy for in the playoffs last year. So I don't know, like if he remains healthy, big if, but if he can, like they're very very interesting.
Speaker 1: They got a shout for sure, And you know, I just.
Speaker 4: Been playing really well too, Like yeah, it sounds like three times in a row now, So yeah, it's been going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like and and Russ.
Speaker 2: You know, I I as much as I thought that I hate to see it, I'm glad to see him kind of settle into a place where he's able to find himself again and it's working on behalf of the Los Angeles Clippers.
Speaker 1: So good for you, man.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to hold onto the fact that we both went to UCLA and that's why I feel good for you.
Speaker 3: And you could care less about the team struggling.
Speaker 1: I could care less about the Lakers struggling.
Speaker 3: Gay all right, So I don't know that's a that's an exciting hitting top four teams the league. I mean, Denver is still there, Denver is still scary. Yeah, Like it's probably you know, I would say Denver is the Celtics of the Western Conference. They're like the team that I'm still expecting to be there that everybody else has to go through. It'll it'll be interesting though. I think they'll be there in the playoffs. But as of right now, they're just kind of to.
Speaker 4: Be the number one seed. Like that's my thing with number they can just kick it. They know they have Joker and he's probably kicking it right now. Yeah, you can just get to the playoffs and can you beat them four times?
Speaker 5: And I think this is gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: Not with like especially that freak buzzer beater not even freak at this point. Once he hit that one shot over a D last year, I was like, no, this is this is just what this guy does.
Speaker 1: That's how he scores. Yeah, he'll just rip.
Speaker 2: Your soul in half and then like and then you'll be like, well that was actually a fluke man, and then he does like nine more times, You're like, so good.
Speaker 4: I just expect him to make everything now, Like I saw the DA and A playoffs, Like every time he does stuff, I'm just like, yeah, this is just who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, So I guess we're saying that's inevitable. There's really no reason to think that, Yeah, I I honestly, if if he's playing the way he is, there's really that's it is what it is, and have to bask in his glory and hope that his maybe he'll call it quits early and lets some other teams in the I saw you said you wanted to kick it with your horses, and he said you want to be you want to actually be a driver or like you want to be the actual jockey.
Speaker 1: So you know that's something cool, man, I think you should. You should just try that out. You already did your thing in the NBA, man, So that's cool. I'm cool with that. If you just want to go and just do the horse.
Speaker 5: What more does he need to do?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, now go be one of the largest jockeys to ever ride a horse races ever?
Speaker 3: Didn't you just have weight classes for jockeys And like, I mean, it's not fair to him, you know that that he doesn't have an opportunity to do that. They should have heavy wait horse racing the more like there's been like interviews with him this year where he's just made it clear it's not that he like hates basketball, it's that he hates fame. And that has made me really like him like that He's just like it's so weird, Like everybody wants to take a picture of me. I can't like do anything because everyone's looking at looking at me. It's it's like the most sane reaction to h fame, you know. So yeah, he's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't want to do it with like the whole Dog and Pony show and it was really stupid to say that, but I just.
Speaker 5: Like he just wants it all to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got the dog in me. Now here's the pony and we move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just it's like the thing that like it's funny you see, like jaded celebrities, like I feel like right now, I think Killian and Bappe who plays soccer for PSG. He like he's a striker for the French national teams, like one of the most fam the scarcer Like.
Speaker 1: He's like, I just I'm so famous.
Speaker 2: I don't I've like lost the appetite even to like live spontaneously.
Speaker 1: He's like the like the whole woe.
Speaker 2: Is me with the fame thing, and I like how like some people get there And Joker is like he just sees it already for what it is.
Speaker 1: It's not even like the fame. He's like, I just like that.
Speaker 2: I just don't like that it disrupts what I want to do, like in general, So for that, don't need that at all.
Speaker 1: So there's a wisdom to the Joker's words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, should we take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just gotta make sure, Aaron, are you ready for Are you ready for this next segment?
Speaker 5: I think I remember it from last time, so I'm sort of ready.
Speaker 1: Oh this is way different.
Speaker 3: He's ready, He's ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I guess I'm Lauren and that on the other mic, that's pras well, because ready or not here we I don't even name why cleft that's how the food.
Speaker 7: All right, we'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: And Wemby had his like once monthly game where everybody stops and was like, oh wait, what what is happening against the Bucks where he did some things like that. He had the one where he like threw it off the backboard and dunked it. He had the behind the back breakaway dunk, had some blocked blocked one blocks. Well that was a different game, but yeah, yeah yeah but he uh that was against the Cavs. But I am, uh, you know, still the first thing I checked for in the morning is like, what Wemby do in the game. Yeah, there's about at six pm every now.
Speaker 1: So that I was impressed.
Speaker 2: Though when Jared Allen, I mean he did get blocked by Wemby, but also that he also he went up with Wemby too and stuffed him pretty good too.
Speaker 1: It was I don't know, it's just the behind the back dunk. Like with all that, I was so his length.
Speaker 2: Again, it goes against like the pattern of movement that I'm so used to, like just from watching the NBA that to see how quickly the ball went from like whatever his waist which is already like eight feet off the ground, but like into the hoop, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, did that actually go in?
Speaker 4: But everybody, it seems like an airball dunk, Like that's how fast it happened.
Speaker 5: Like it just I was like on my phone and it was tough to compute, like.
Speaker 4: The behind the back of the dark like it went in slow motion.
Speaker 3: You couldn't see it going. It was kind of crazy. It's like, wait, where's the ball? So, I mean, just a couple of stats. A total number of blocks and first thirty one games played when Beyama one hundred and one, Matumbo eighty four, Tim Duncan eighty A total number of made three pointers in the first thirty one games when Beyama forty six, steph forty one, KD thirty eight. Now obviously it's a different era, but and then minutes played in those first thirty one games one Beyama nine oh one di kembe Matumbo one two hundred and thirty four, dunk In one thy one and fifty one uh steph nine hundred eighty nine kd Oney twenty six. So fewest minutes, putting up the most stats. And that's pretty good, right, Yeah, he's pretty good and he's not even gonna win.
Speaker 5: What teammates that don't even know he exists.
Speaker 3: Sometimes like this, it feels like they are actively like they have a packed that they're like, we're freezing him out.
Speaker 4: The guy's a dork, Like just feel a bunch of a bunch of Rickey Davis Like wonderful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just everybody's Ricky Davis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It feels like they have a burn book where they have say like mean things about one Biyama.
Speaker 2: And they're like it has to be a book because that's the only way he'll get the information because he doesn't mess with all those other.
Speaker 1: Kinds of new media. I probably he's such an intellectual too, Like I wonder if they're if.
Speaker 2: Partly they're like, oh my god, did you hear when he's trying to get me like examine my own ego or.
Speaker 1: Whatever he's talking about the kid. I thought he was talking about my I D when he was typing that in the text.
Speaker 3: What book was he reading? He's reading a book? Uh, I forget what it was. But everyone was like what They're like, he's actually reading, like he was all the way through it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be on the cover of GQ, like reading multiple books soon, Like this is gonna be cover.
Speaker 5: It's like his entire vibe.
Speaker 1: Right yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's and like you could do like a very interesting photo shoot because his hands are so big, like he could hold fourteen books at once, like open and like with his feet too, and they're like.
Speaker 1: The master of knowledge Victor wimbin Yama.
Speaker 5: See we should get paid with that. Like they're going to steal this idea.
Speaker 2: And I know it happened to Look, you know how often the things we say on this podcast end up in magazine cover shoots. Uh, different kinds of like awards that are given out by humanitarian organizations, Uh, like politicians using it for legislation.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just Look, we've seen it on a hundred times, but we accepted, we accepted.
Speaker 3: All right, bad news jaw after the year, just as he's getting things going Uh so, uh, that burned fast and bright. There's there's a lot of fun moments in the very short season that he had. But yeah, that's a bummer.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least he dunked on Wemby. Oh yeah, you know, just for the record, we got that on the record. But yeah, but like it went from yeah, he's got some shoulder soreness.
Speaker 1: This sas too. Yeah he's out for he's out. Yeah, he's out labor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, it is that time. Unfortunately, Aaron, Uh what do you mane? We got to we got to. It is the rapid fire segment of Miles and Jack on My Boosties. Uh, this is the fastest segment of podcasting. We're going to throw questions at you. Got to just answer without even thinking about, just fire.
Speaker 1: It right back. Just that you did respond. Yeah, your idea, your idea? Wait, what what is it?
Speaker 3: Why do you keep pronouncing id.
Speaker 1: ID like that? I think you just pronounced is? But what it do? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Let's do this. Okay, Brian, I hope you're ready because you need.
Speaker 5: To start the claw.
Speaker 1: Here we go, the fastest segment. They thought we were rusty Jack, but we were just coming back. That's all of us. Don't call it a comeback. We've been here for years. Do you want to shot? You want to go for this rust cuts?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was trying to say something cool. What didn't work out that one?
Speaker 2: This rust doesn't this can cause and we are testing this man's ability to answer questions very quickly.
Speaker 1: Um, you want to.
Speaker 3: Go first or try to go first? You can go first.
Speaker 2: Well on me to ask you this, Aaron, who is the most underappreciated of the truly all time greats, give us a guy that deserves to be mentioned but is often left out of these all time debates.
Speaker 1: Who are you giving that to? Who are you throwing that bouquet?
Speaker 5: I'm going with Tamac.
Speaker 4: He didn't make the seventy five and he was going head to heead against Kobe. When I was in middle school, I had the TMAC twos. Those are my basketball seven grade.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Him not making the seventy five was just ridiculous to me, because everybody wanted to be a six nine six eight dude that could shoot from deep and get to the room whenever he wanted. He was just like one of those dudes that we had never seen before. Lebron obviously came, but yeah, definitely seen that.
Speaker 2: Did the team Act twos or one of I'm I was like always a Nike kid, but I.
Speaker 1: Remember being like those Scott the certain kind of flavor to him.
Speaker 2: That had like all the lines coming across the Yeah yeah yeah that like wolverine like slashed them with like respect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the Iversons a little bit, like they got that yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they like the like the question threes or something. But yes, they were definitely iconic, iconic footwear.
Speaker 2: There was like a clip that was going around recently about how I forget somebody who was on that Adidas basketball team was talking about for doing photo shoots with T Mac and how like he was just like the Golden Child and like whatever he said, like ghost like if they took like one picture and he said they were done, like they were done, like even if they're like, oh, we need you one thing, he's like, I said, that's it, and they were just like okay, t Max, very good, very good, thank you, very much.
Speaker 3: Great great name too, great nickname. T Mac put up thirteen points in thirty three seconds. Yeah, I just always I tried to get Racy Grady going. But I think people were smart to go with the first part of the lamb. They chose wisely on that one. Boy, was I wrong?
Speaker 2: Don't sleep on Rack Grady Rack Crazy Racks Crady uh.
Speaker 3: And you can take two players from all of history to create your Matt Boosty's Edition NBA Jam team. Which two players are you taking?
Speaker 5: Wait? Take players?
Speaker 3: Ay, two players all of history? But there get you got to think about game NBA Jam, And you also can't think about it because it is the rapid fire round right now.
Speaker 4: Lebron lebron Zack easy like s NBA Jam just boots to each other. Shack's a great pats are just all the dumps, every dunk that you can think of.
Speaker 5: The entire time. It's just we need like more beefy dudes.
Speaker 4: And I think just strength is one of my favorite things in basketball, so I.
Speaker 3: Always want to put a shooter on. But it's a good point that in a game where you can throw people across the court and goaltend, Yeah, it's not that big a deal.
Speaker 4: I guess Step you got to run in the shack a couple of times too.
Speaker 5: Let's see if he.
Speaker 2: Survives exactly exactly, man, And you know, I gotta say, man, we have to keep this segment moving. And as much as I appreciate that answer, you know you're you're kind of putting our title at risk by by sort of expanding on the answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 3: We're just disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not exactly. I don't get mad.
Speaker 2: I just get deeply saddened and just regret my own decisions sometimes with who we have on the show. If you could have any player's skill set for a day, whose skill set and what specific skill set of theirs are you choosing?
Speaker 3: This is easy step, Yeah, answer which thing?
Speaker 1: His dunking?
Speaker 5: People love shooting like this is comedy comedy.
Speaker 1: That golf swing, that's what yo.
Speaker 3: If I had to pick an NBA players golfway, like that thing is a work of art. Yeah, he's got an amazing golfway.
Speaker 1: Are we talking like Tiger Woods? Like swing portrait, just.
Speaker 3: Like smooth, It's just like a beautiful golf sway.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's so good at like whatever he does. So I'm not, honestly, so if I.
Speaker 3: Have the time right now, like if you if you were like all right, one hundred dollars. You got to pick an NBA player like to play darts for your life, like step right, Like Steph would be just like.
Speaker 5: How much it depends on like Jordan's with money, how much moneys on it? Jordan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Jordan, he wouldn't care if your life's on the line, Jack, That's true, had his money, Yeah, it was my life and like five hundred k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would show him a picture of me with my kids, and you know what he would say about them kids.
Speaker 1: For the children, but not.
Speaker 5: Me, not me.
Speaker 7: I am not for the children.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Which son from yesteryear not named Chuck or Steve would have the biggest impact on this year's roster if you could add them to the Sun squad in their prime? Okay, yeah, I think that's probably that's probably the right answer. kJ would be interesting, but you probably don't need more scoring.
Speaker 5: Sometimes, but.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I like that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Question was courtesy of Tyler McDowell. Yeah yeah, superroducer Jabari asked for like questions they wanted us to ask you, and that was Tyler McDowell's question, and Desmond pal came through with kJ or j Kid Tony jan Dooli answered Draggage easily, and I'm talking about the Phoenix Sunbird. That's that's just the voice that Tony Jandoli has in my mind.
Speaker 5: For some reason, Jarge is a really good tipper though it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, shut up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now you can take retroactive. You get into some kind of spaceship. We don't have the technology, whatever technology how to do this, but you could space jam yourself into having Robert Ory's career or Charles Barkley's career.
Speaker 1: Which one are you choosing?
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Interesting, Not about the team, more about uh, the individual accomplishment.
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley seems like he had more fun and by like he got the rings, but he seems like he has a stick up for himself all the time. Yeah, you don't care about that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember where you bought the album Mood Tank Forever?
Speaker 5: No, it was.
Speaker 4: Probably at West Ridge, Small and West Phoenix because my brother worked at the warehouse record company or record store.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so it was probably there. But my first album I rebought was hotwos Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, Well here's a question for a hot boy. You got to pick one Lo Los or Gusses Lolos.
Speaker 2: Now, for people who don't know what we're talking about, will you please explain him? Then tell me why you chose the controversial decision to pick Lolos over Gussin.
Speaker 5: Because Lolos is the hot spot.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just in me, Like every half day at school, the bus on Central straight down the street to Lo Los on half days and waited in the long line and got breakfast like that was just the thing that we did.
Speaker 5: So the original Loos, not the.
Speaker 4: Brand new remade one that's super big and super nice, like I'm talking about the hood when that was kind of.
Speaker 3: Dirty roget when he was on the Sun on the Sun, that.
Speaker 2: That person, Well, Aaron Edwards, thank you so much for playing along with the fourth quarter round of rapid fire questioning. We didn't ask jackro Miles because I am entirely into fragile of a place to not have, you know, the that question go my way, Yes, and I would turn into a pile of clothes like Obi Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars movie. But yes, where can people find you and follow you, support you and and check out the Uncle show? Because again, based on your description that it was black.
Speaker 3: Black. Oh, hello, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Is something I was like, I did not know I need it, but absolutely do No, I do.
Speaker 5: Need it, Uncle Shoe. January twenty six.
Speaker 4: Were going to try to do it monthly, but it's like a long time to rite, so it's probably gonna be bar monthly.
Speaker 5: February first to the fourth.
Speaker 4: I am opening for the All Fantasy guys, some just comedy with them, doing some drafting, doing all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just gonna be doing some sets La Phoenix all over the place. It's gonna be doing some MI So just check me out online and I'll probably talk.
Speaker 3: Stuff cool amazing.
Speaker 2: Well you can find us. Make sure you follow us. I'm at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: Oh you'd better follow me at Jack Underscore O'Brien on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Uh and yeah, make sure you follow hashtag mad Boosti's a's B double O S T I E.
Speaker 1: S for show links, updates, random questions.
Speaker 2: I will pose for the listeners before we have our wonderful guests on That is gonna do it for us this week.
Speaker 1: But you know what, we come back every week.
Speaker 2: You know, because the season doesn't end, and either does my infinite source of hope as a Lakers fan or maybe.
Speaker 1: Some I guess my doc's gonna be. My doctor called it some sort of disorder, but whatever. Without it for us, we'll see so y'all, Bye bye like
Speaker 4: English Nersmschedlish News