Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. So nobody watched this but me. I wish I got more attention across America. It was Friday night or whatever in New York City the Al Smith Dinner, and it's something they have on a regular basis, is a big fundraiser for the Catholics, and traditionally both presidential camp candidates show up and make jokes about each other.
Speaker 1: That's the way it's always been for whatever reason, and nobody's exactly sure. Kamala Harris didn't show up to this one this year, first time anybody's skipped it in forty years. And my theory is that she cannot pull off humor. She can't like, she doesn't have control of her voice and her facial expressions and her weird cackle.
Speaker 3: I just I don't think she can do humor. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Jim Gaffigan, the comedian who's been doing Tim Walls and Saturday Live, he was the MC and one of his jokes at the beginning was, Hey, camelist, so you can go on Howard Stern the View, he listened the podcast Your Daddy. He listed all those things the comments did. But you can't come here to raise money for the Catholics. Okay, I mean it wasn't really a joke. It was just a criticism really. But one of the weird things about is there's just lots of Democrats and Republicans there of all different stripes. And Trump was up there doing his comedy bit, which was pretty damn funny, with Chuck Schumer sitting right there with him. I mean, so to me, if you're believing Trump is Hitler in an existential threat, none of us should be in the same room with them. Shouldn't, let alone sitting there laughing at his jokes. Yeah, picture Churchill there at some fundraiser was Hitler. I don't know, Save the Way whatever, Carson. We also have disagreements. I don't like his mustache. Right anyway. I got a bunch of clips who are gonna sprinkle throughout the show today. But here's a little bit of Trump when he first started his routine.
Speaker 4: May Adams, good luck with everything, and they went after you. They went after your mayor.
Speaker 1: Ah, boy, I do that.
Speaker 4: Nine and a half months ago, I said, and he just said something about it, about the administration. He's going to be indicted any moment, and guess what happened. But you're gonna win. I think you're gonna win. I know you're gonna win.
Speaker 3: Said, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 4: It's a tor pleasure to be with you this evening, amazing pleasure, and these days it's brilliant pleasure anywhere in New York without a subpoena for my appearance anytime I don't get a subpoena. I'm very happy they've gone after me. Mister Mayor. Your peanuts compared to what they've done today, and you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: The idea of joking about all that sort of stuff, Mayor Adams, huh, good luck. Everybody laughs. He's corrup We got a corrupt mayor's stealing tens of millions of dollars in text. May Oh my god, that's hilarious. Ha ha ha. I mean, just me, he got accused of getting the hotel upgrades in Turkey and the millions. It just seems so weird to me. I know, Trump is more rambly and tough to follow than ever. Sorry, I'm supposed to be enjoying the jokes. But yeah, he just he leaves out so many words, doesn't finish sentences. It just I remember interviews he did in the nineties, in the early two thousands where he was incisive. You knew precisely what he was saying in his reasoning. But he's developed that. Maybe it's just a comedic style of his but trailing off every sentence anyway, it doesn't matter. So the election is tied, has been tied the entire time. I looked at a chart, so somebody posted over the weekend the line for Trump and the line for Kamala outside of and this is the average of the best polls, outside of the tiniest wobbles. They've just been a couple of points apart the entire time. That has never happened in any presidential election since polling began. And it's still just in that tiny little margin, within the margin of error. And that's where we are in the same with the swing states. You got these seven states that are going to decide it, and they're all within it, like a point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy, It is crazy. Yeah, So everybody's heard that. Everybody knows where the.
Speaker 1: Polls are But this is some analysis one amusing and two really interesting that they came across that gets away from the endless polls stuff. I love this. Richard Shinder wrote a piece who says America is in a company, but the current presidential race is reminiscent one. The race between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump boils down to a choice between human resources and sales. Miss Harris's manner is that of a typical head of human resources. A well run HR team secures talent, gives employees important feedback, et cetera, but employees often perceive it as officious and hectoring. They associate the department with the delivery of bad news. Given its regulatory responsibilities, HR often plays the surveillance and reporting role, breeding employee resentment. HR departments can be inscrutable, fostering mistrust.
Speaker 3: So she's the pr professional Trump.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, as the arch archetypal head of sales, his department brings in revenue and sures a company can sell its product.
Speaker 3: The office is essential, but frequently seen as bombastic.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it lacks sufficient attention to detail and can be undisciplined with respect to profitability. A single team's well, they focus on the top line, ignoring profits and product holiday.
Speaker 3: They just sell.
Speaker 1: Mister Trump's rallies often seem like corporate retreats led by an overcaffeinated sales manager. His messages are aspirational, shoot for the moon, you'll get tired of winning, et cetera, et cetera. And this guy's theory is that while voters can appreciate HR, and certainly they understand the importance of sales, we don't want the head of HR or the head of sales to be running the company. A really good executive understands how to meld both vibes and fields. I just thought that was funny HR versus sales, But then this to a topic we discussed last week. Unless you have any comment on HR versus sales, I'm not sure I have ever worked with an HR professional that I wasn't afraid was going to stab me in the back somehow.
Speaker 3: They have a certain mindset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, one who I thought was that way turned out not to be. But it's the nature of their work anyway. So arn A Miss is a consultant and polster he is going to be.
Speaker 3: He's being used.
Speaker 1: As a consultant he's not a Fox News employee, but he's the head of Fox News Decision Desk that's crunching all the numbers, and on election Night is going to be in charge of calling various states and analyzing the data. We've all seen the coverage, right, and oh, Michael Lett reminds you, we've got to find that fabulous parody. Oh yeah, old great parody of the Decision desk. It's one of my favorite things that we've ever heard.
Speaker 3: We'll definitely be using that to tuesdays from now. Yeah, yeah, indeed.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the man who may call the winner is ready to make a prediction for at least when the news will come. Tuesday is election deadline day, because if you can vote early for a month, what does election day mean? But Tuesday you have to vote, right, the over under is Saturday, he says, that's probably about right. There's zero chance you're going to find out on election day. I mean, normally I would plan to stay up late, but there's zero chance they're gonna know who won Pennsylvania, North Carolina, probably Georgia, so you know, Wisconsin. So yeah, we definitely won't know on Tuesday. Yeah, and they go into the various various details of why with mail and voting and everything so close and then deciding on signatures and disputed.
Speaker 3: Ballots and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, if we know within a week, that'll be good, which is unsatisfying, and again there will be just just oceans of bitterness, anger, controversy, false memes on the internet, disinformation, misinformation, and it's evil cousin mal information if a something to look forward to. Part of it is because the election is so close, But part of it is, you know, well, as you've been saying, the whole extending it from election day to election week to election month various places. And even if you like the idea of making it easier for people to vote, the damages it's done to people believing in the vote is not worth it. There's no doubt. There's just something about finding out days later that makes it feel less real. It just it just does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it doesn't really matter why or or it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do any good to try to talk people out of that perception, because the democracy depends on not only the fidelity of the vote, obviously, but the perception of the fidelity of the vote, and Honestly, if you protect the fidelity of the vote, but people perceive that it's corrupt, you will lose your democracy. And so and I think the rock to vote, get every you know, dead person and comatose person and the indigent and the ignorant, get a ballot into their hands and have them scrawl an X on the line. Movement that's mostly democratic is a serious threat to the perception of the fidelity of the vote.
Speaker 3: It's difficult to make the case.
Speaker 1: Though it's much easier for you know, I could make the preceding rambling paragraph a little more eloquent, and they would come back with.
Speaker 3: You're trying to disenfranchise people, right You're trying to keep certain groups from voting.
Speaker 1: Right now, that falls disproportionately on minorities.
Speaker 3: Joseph, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's here's another clip Trump from the Al Smith dinner.
Speaker 3: Dig this.
Speaker 4: But the press is reporting the Democrats are starting to panic. They're panicking. They are panicking because, you know, the votes that are coming and are coming in very very strong a certain way. I won't tell you what way that is. But Chuck Schumer is here looking very lum It looks it looks to love. But look on the bright side, Chuck, considering how woke your party has become. If Kamala loses, you used to have a chance to become the first woman president.
Speaker 1: And I actually said, do you mind if I do that?
Speaker 4: He said, now you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Is a pro he's a profession So I thought that it's so the joke in the punchline or something the Chuck would get, you know, gender transition surgery and become the first woman president.
Speaker 3: And then the I asked Chuck.
Speaker 1: If I could do that, joke says this too much for you, and he said, now you do what you gotta do. So just again, is he Hitler? Is he a threat to democracy? Is it the end of the country if Trump's elected president or not? Yeah? I can't decide if it's entirely that the phoniness, or if there's an element of Chuck Schumer that's like, yes, please do take a shot at the lunatic way out there, transit.
Speaker 3: They're not doing me any good. Yeah, that's that's it. That's a decent point there. The only person who never democrats maniacs, the only.
Speaker 1: Person who never laughed at all. It left one time was Mayor Bloomberg, former mayor of New York who ran for president.
Speaker 3: Briefly he looked he was very glomp faced.
Speaker 1: He doesn't strike me as much of a great guy to have at a party, No kidding. Oh, we need to talk about what is that the October thing we mentioned because this is be Chober theory. This might change your life, the October theory. It's a new thing the young people started. Most stuff that the young people started going to be around for one day. Probably this will too, among other things. We got on the way, stay here.
Speaker 3: Right head.
Speaker 5: Hitter digs in trying it is ready, kicks the livers. Rudder takes off, swinging a bouncer to the right side. This should do a Taylor collects on the first and it's over. The Dodgers have captured the National League pennant and they're headed to the World Series. The Dodgers beat the Mets at six and win it. Here did I ten five?
Speaker 1: So a Dodgers Yankees World Series. It doesn't start until Friday for some reason. I don't know why they need that many days off, but there you go with that. And generally, I think having the biggest stars in the game play in the championships of any sport is good. And you got show here Tony and you got yeah, what's his name for the Yankees that hits all the home runs? And there you go, Aaron Judge, there you go. Thank you're thinking of or come to Judge have fun with that. Would like to be cynical about it, but yeah, it sounds exciting. Yankees, Dodgers, bring it on. So we have regularly talked about New Year's resolutions being a combination of dumb and whyse depending on how you approach it, like a specific I don't know, see how long you can do a thing doesn't always work out, but kind of a reset of maybe some of your worst inclinations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a great thing.
Speaker 1: And you don't really have to do it obviously on New Year's Eve if you are eating too much or drinking too much, or not going to the gym as often or whatever you're such suation is you don't have to wait till January first to address that.
Speaker 3: May maybe you know when it becomes a need.
Speaker 1: But so young people have decided in some meme that's popular on TikTok and social media, the October theory of changing your life, which is kind of like a long version of the New Year's resolution, I guess from what I understand from reading about it. Dubbed October theory, these people are rethinking their approach to the last three months of the year. The reprop their approach to their life on the last three months of the year, using it as a time to set goals, pick up new habits, and reflect again, essentially taking on the role New Year's plays, but for the last quarter of the year. While I am perpetually annoyed by the request that we take seriously every meme on TikTok or every trend that lasts for a day and a half TikTok challenge, people are driving nails into their ears. It's sweeping the nation, and several kids have gone deaf well, right. And it's interesting because back in the day before electronic media, social media ideas would evolve fairly slowly. They would have to have a certain amount of consensus, and then you'd have to communicate them to other people and that sort of thing, and I think there was a real vetting process. Now, the most idiotic idea in the world, for instance, driving nails into your ears, you know that could.
Speaker 3: Sweep the globe in thirty six hours and be gone. Huh.
Speaker 1: But I am remind this October theory. I'm reminded of. You know, every year after Labor Day, when we come back and do the show, at the beginning of the show, usually say something to the effect of a summer's over. Play time is over, it's time to get serious.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 1: Fall, blah blah blah. And it's that idea, the Okay, the summer's over. What do I want my real life to look like? How do I want to be? So I don't hate this one. No, no, no, it's a pretty good idea. It's a pretty good idea. And I have gotten in. My son is really getting in the habit of going to the gym, and I can tell it to be coming a habit.
Speaker 3: And as I was explaining to him the other.
Speaker 1: Day about how habits work, good habits and bad habits are hard to quit. So if you can make a good habit, man, it's awesome. Like it's very difficult for me to not exercise because I got in the habit years and years and years ago, and I just feel uncomfortable. And if I don't do it in any given day. But that didn't come naturally. It's very easy to have the opposite habit. I've got plenty of other bad habits that are really really hard to quit. Yeah yeah, all right, you're making me feel guilty, but yeah, yeah, exercise is good. Maybe I'll use the October theory because everything also has to have a Jetsy nickname, you know, make the fall by getting serious time. I like it, man. I'll tell you what between the holidays you know you've got, and everything in travel arrangements and buying presents and getting family together and how are you going to do this and that? And happiness slash disappointment depending on your situation, and an election that could get drawn out for weeks or months. Whooah, So you think we're all going to be drunk, get some booze hands or something. Yeah, yeah whatever. Your takes the edge off of choice. For me, it's Pie, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: You need you have Brett there and to clear the air.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do look like someone made a businessman in minecraft.
Speaker 3: I am speaking to Vice President Kamala Harris. Let's welcome right now to Fox News. Thank you, Brett. The pleasure is neither about it. Thank you about the Vice president.
Speaker 1: Give me the exact number of murderers you let loose in this country.
Speaker 3: Brett, I'm glad you brought up the topic of immigrate million two million.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: The first thing we did in office was to introduce a bit ten million. Give me a number.
Speaker 1: We came up with a.
Speaker 3: Bipartisan but you didn't have a number, though, please finish. I'm asking you to. Well, then you have to listen. Well I can't because I'm talking.
Speaker 1: Well maybe when I go to bed.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the portrayal of the interview on Saturday Night Live, which was fairly even handed, despite that clip which leaned more on Brettbaer interrupting her a lot. Yeah, the difficulty of managing a filibustering politician impossible. As we talked a lot about on Thursday to day after the interview. If a politician doesn't want to talk, your choices are really be a jerk or wasted the time of the interview.
Speaker 3: Those are really your only two choices.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, just give away the time or come off as a jerk. And when there's as we discussed on Thursday, if there's a male female dynamic in play, it's even worse. So anyway, having said that, some non politics for you, everything's politics. Eventually, anyway, crises at Boeing, an Intel or a national emergency. According to greg Ip who writes about this sort of thing, and he talks about how an and this is part of globalism, which looks absolutely fantastic on paper during times of peace. But we have given away our manufacturing might to the point that I mean, we're still great at designing stuff. But boy Boeing has had serious engineering problems. It's one of the greatest American companies. It's now looking at reorganization, maybe even bankruptcy down the road a little bit. And they go into the challenges Boeing has had, but hobbled by investigations into crashes in mid air, mishaps, blah blah blah, and Intel, which passed on making chips for the iPhone.
Speaker 3: They didn't think it would catch on at all. That's got to be that ought to be a people talk about new Coke.
Speaker 1: Who cares about new Coke. They spent a bunch of money promoting it. People said, yeah, I kind of like the old stuff, So they went back to selling the old stuff.
Speaker 3: It was fine. Intel passing on the iPhone. Everybody ought to know that story. Wow, no kidding, Yeah, But anyway.
Speaker 1: And then they get into a couple other problems that at Intel and how they'd made several miscalculations and can't manufacture in the US like it used to do as everybody offshored everything.
Speaker 3: And you know, both the candidates.
Speaker 1: They also make the point that both the candidates are saying, yeah, we'll take care of this through tariffs and subsidies. Jack, would you like to talk about a certain nineteen eighties American car during the time of tariffs and subsidies? The quality of it my horrible, horrible Ford Mustang. Oh my god, it's amazing we ever made anything that horrible at some of our big companies in America. And I'm a big Ford Van right. Oh yeah, their products are fantastic. But back in the day when all the American automakers were protected by high tariffs to keep away Japanese specifically competition, the.
Speaker 3: Quality was absolutely terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: So, anyway, we have a serious challenge going forward as a country because we offshored so many of our manufacturing needs to hostile regimes. And it saved money and it flooded, you know, the United States with cheap goods. Here's where Jack usually goes onto a rant, into a rant about cheap crap as opposed to, you know, a washing machine that would last you twenty years and when you broke, you were shocked when it broke, rather which anyway, so true was everything is disposable, from washing machines to coffee makers to whatever. Yeah, at the end of nineteen ninety nine, which is not terribly long ago, four of the ten most valuable US companies were manufacturers. Four of ten today zero are Wow. Now Tesla is ranked eleventh, so that's right outside the top ten.
Speaker 3: But it's it's troubling. It's troubling.
Speaker 1: And Tesla, which is now vilified for its politics. Where did I read a good article about that, about how all everything going after Elon Musk is is politics. It's just they don't like the fact that he likes Trump. I mean, so that's it's yeah, not good, right, But then you get into the question of which manufacturing ought to get public support, what kind of support you don't want quote unquote industrial policy or central planning.
Speaker 3: That's disastrous, it's.
Speaker 1: Complicated, and so many the doctrines of twenty five years ago are just not useful now the world has changed completely, So you know, I guess we know to cite Boeing once again designed the airplane while we're flying it. Speaking of which, Jack, I knew you'd love this story. If you haven't seen it yet, it's very right, Brothers. The Inn, there was a giant contest essentially technology competition hosted by the Canadian military saying asking how do.
Speaker 3: We bring down drones?
Speaker 1: What's the best way to fight unmanned aerial vehicles and smaller drones in battle. I'm sure most of you are already familiar with the fact that the war and Ukraine has been like fifty years worth of progress in unmanned warfare. They're everywhere doing everything from reconnaissance to de bombings to shootings to whatever anyway, and then if you send a whole bunch of drones at something, it's very difficult to stop. So in this big contest, Boeing showcased a futuristic laser weapon that can punch a hole straight through a hostile area threat aerial threat laser weapon. But they lost and several other defense giants lost to four college students.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Oh yeah, straight out of the Right Brothers.
Speaker 1: If you're not for would you like to give a very brief overview of the situation.
Speaker 3: When the Right Brothers were doing their work well, the federal.
Speaker 1: Government was spending tons of money on various projects to try to come up with manned flight and it surprisingly, not surprisingly, didn't work at all. Lots of waste, lots of very slow, lots of bad ideas, lots of bureaucracy, that sort of thing. Couple of guys who run a bicycle shop without all the bureaucracy and the hang ups, and using their ingenuity beat the federal government on a shoestring budget compared to the what DC was spending trying to get a plan out of the The euro governments were working on that too, but it was plucky, you know, entrepreneurs. So anyway, four college students won the damned contest. They knocked the drones out of the sky using sound waves. The rookies device was developed in the backyard of one of the students parents using an old car speaker. If you can believe that, let's see the four University of Toronto engineering students spent around seventeen thousand dollars of their own money to develop their anti drone technology. Their speaker like device blasts ultrasound waves that destabilize the drones navigation systems, sending them off course.
Speaker 3: Or crashing to the ground. Well, that is very right, brothers E.
Speaker 1: And that they used bicycle parts and standing on the beach observing the wings of birds to put this together with not very much money, a car speaker and not much money to bring down drones.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, right, And.
Speaker 1: This is such a brilliant example of free enterprise in the free market, and how just what an incredible blessing it is as opposed to you know, big elephantine central planning, you know, government controlled crap. Please look at China. I could go on for days. I got all sorts of interesting stories about China. But in Ukraine, for instance, there are more than two hundred mainly small drone makers who are innovating like crazy all the time. And that's the way progress is made. Boy, this is going to move so fast though that I mean, the drones came on the scene so fast, and then the progress at shooting them down, and then I'm sure some newer drone that gets around that this is all going to happen at a speed like nothing like happened with machine guns, tanks, planes, et cetera. F twenty two's Yeah, how long does it take to develop the next you know, with all in all fairness, I mean, fighter plane's an incredibly complex set of systems and technologies and the rest of it. But yeah, do you see the article over the weekend about how we're taking a whole bunch of old air strips that we have on various islands over there by China and getting them back up to speed again, No, I missed that man.
Speaker 3: That got my attention.
Speaker 1: A bunch of airfields and territories that we have that I didn't even know we have. We have a lot more land than I think most Americans are aware of, but little islands that we had built no airports airbases at during World War II and had been taken back over by the jungle over the last seventy five years because we didn't need them.
Speaker 3: Well, we're getting prepared for war with China.
Speaker 1: And that's what really got my attention is that we're taking this seriously enough that a lot of these were cutting down the trees and repaving the thing and getting these different little air strips around that part of the world back up to speed so we can land and take off if we need to go to war with China. Oof. That's a hellic thing. I'm glad we're doing it, but it's very sobering to think about. As I said, I missed that. But I'll bet some of the names would sound familiar to World War two. Baff sure, absolutely, some of those island battles and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And one final note, totally apolitical, although again, everything eventually gets political in a way, doesn't it these days. I love this headline happens to be from the Journal. Does everything in your blue binet really get recycled? You would be surprised.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't. No, I wouldn't. We've been talking about this for years.
Speaker 1: But you know what, actually, you might be surprised at how pathetic it is. It's the law in my town, you get. If they find out you're not doing it, you'll get fined. So that's why I tell the kids, I know it's stupid. Let's put the plastic bottles here, in the cardboard there and the other traction there, just so I don't get a freaking fine. Wow, they forced you to your knees to submit to their dictatorshipt or oppressions, or I'm gonna pay a fine. Why would I want to do that? Even though would Alexi Navalny say, Jack his memoirs out by the way, I really want to read that.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be incredibly moving. That's completely fair. What Alexi da voltis.
Speaker 1: Your submission to the brutalities of a dictator. I tell the kids, it's no more effort to put the bottles in that trash can than that trash can, so let's just do it. But it's dumb. There's no doubt it's dumb. The fact that I have to pay for the trash can is what makes me so angry. You have to have it. It's like whatever it is, fifty bucks a month or something like that. Michael, what's the old saying? All that's required of good men for evil recyclers to triumph is their silence. Man, if there's a hill I'm gonna die on, it ain't this one anyway. So plastic containers and packaging, the plastic that goes in the blue pin or whatever you have, guess what percentage actually gets recycled. If it was half it would be horrible, It would be mockable. Right, How do you feel about thirteen point six percent?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Thirteen point six friends, Again, if it was half, it would be supermarkable, Like half of this stuff gets in the regular trash anyway. No, it's so it's a significant go ahead. Sorry, so it's eighty seven percent. Well, I get the rest of the numbers. Another seventeen percent got incinerated. Okay, so Burne significantly more got incinerated than recycled.
Speaker 3: Nearly seventy percent went to the landfill. There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unbelievable. Now paper paper, eighty one percent actually gets recycled.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like cardboard and stuff, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Uh, glass containers.
Speaker 1: About thirty one percent aluminum, including cans and foil, it was around thirty five percent. Quit saying that with the tone of voice, like, that's good. Thirty percent of Oh use whatever tone of voice. I want you on your knees, submitting to the commune in your down lazio to lecture. Thirty of the glass gets recycled.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's that's a wind.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why are we even doing this? Aluminum, which I'd assumed was like one hundred percent is thirty five percent. Well, and everywhere I live anyway, you know in California, you got at all stores the four different kinds of trash cans everywhere you go, and yeah, it all goes into the same lens, and they got different kinds of holes and different kinds. Can't figure it out, and it's always listed as like composts or this one. I don't know what this is. It's so hard. But so it's all just going the same place anyway, the bulk of it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'll tell you what it is. It's bull crap.
Speaker 1: It's fraud. It's virtue signaling fraud, and somebody's making a lot of money off of it, which you can't forget. All the time, there are people profiting greatly off of this fraud. That's what keeps it going. It's not the we're helping the environment a little bit. It's like, wait, we got the special trucks, we got special cans, we got all the people that work for this thing that does nothing. Yeah, if that revenue stopped, our campaign contributions might have to stop.
Speaker 3: So maybe we stick with the blue bin. Huh.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. Thirteen percent of the plastic actually gets recycled. Unbelievable. Wall Street Journal with a heck of an editorial piece today that's getting a fair amount of attention. Who's the actual fascist Trump or Biden. We'll get to that at some point. Stay with us.
Speaker 5: Are strong.
Speaker 6: This guy, This is a guy that was all man. This man was strong and tough. And I refused to say it. But when he took showers with the other pros they came out of there, they said, Oh my god, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I had to say it, so we left.
Speaker 1: It was But so that was Donald Trump and Latrobe, Pennsylvania, hometown of Arnold Palmer, who was the most famous golfer in the world for quite a while and the biggest pitch man in the world for my whole life, and endorsing oil or whatever. Anyway, Arnold Palmer and Trump is old so as Arnold Palmer was a hero to him, and talking about how apparently Arnold Palmer was blessed and guys would notice in the locker room, and that is if fire the last five list five things I wanted to say about Arnold Palmer that would not have made the list, but it made the crowd. Laugh, and it made the media's head explode as he is, you know, devolved into vulgar references to male genitalia at his is it his rally? So all right, there is ten seconds at an hour and a half rally and whatever. But the Wall Street Journal has got an interesting opinion in Peace Today of who's the fascist Trump or Biden. They go through some examples. We'll get to that next hour. I want to talk about that a little bit. So I had a rare opportunity to do anything other than parent over the weekend, and I went to San Francisco for a night and I got to see my first I've seen many drug casualties being a guy who lives in California over the years, but I had not seen any of the people that are on trank or whatever the new stuff is where you're a zombie. And I left the completely barren Union Square area of San Francisco where there were just no people at all, tourists, shore homeless people or anybody. Lots of cops, lots of armed guards, but really no cars or people. And then I was driving to another area to do some shopping and I drove down Mission, which is kind of a famous, very seedy street of San Francisco, and I was driving down Mission and it was just a sea of humanity. All sleep been on the street, whizzing on the street, leaning up against buildings. But I saw some of the people doing the lean where they just stand there and they kind of hang like a zombie out of a movie. It's like it was a bent over at the waist. It was like it was a Halloween thing, like you know, their mouths kind open their eyes and they just standing there and they just sway.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Wow. I saw lots of people doing that. I'd never seen. I'd never seen that with my own eyes. It's quite shocking.
Speaker 3: Sentinel, the sentinel leaner, the trank lean whatever they're doing. Yeah. And then I and it's something to witness. To think that.
Speaker 1: You could allow society to devolve into that is amazing. And then I saw this article in the New York Times under an LA Freeway a psychiatric rescue mission. The crisis of homelessness is pushing American psychiatry to places it has not gone before, like sidewalk injections of antipsychotics. So the headline mentioning homelessness and not the fact that these are all drug addicts, that we have a rug addiction problem, an explosion of the worst kind of drugs that I've ever been developed are being used in the streets. Not that it's it's homelessness, it's that that's the problem. You know. I don't have any problem with treating people with psychiatric problems, because we've failed miserably dealing with mental illness and housing prices are high. But why will you never talk about the drug crisis, which is which is like the whole problem. It's very very first, a lot
Speaker 3: Of it Armstrong and getty