Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff, where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts Nate.
Speaker 3: Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Grosso.
Speaker 4: Thursday, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: You were looking live at Tostito's Championship Plaza where the presidents are out.
Speaker 4: The crane is on the other side.
Speaker 3: Now outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is.
Speaker 5: It's trying, It's trying its hardest. Come on, mother Nature.
Speaker 3: I know you're trying to get in there and bring us some fall weather. It's sixty eight degrees, the highest, seventy the lowest five.
Speaker 6: He is Ship, That is Nate, This is Kurt, that is Chris. I am something pepper poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people. When we speak.
Speaker 4: Every day we startware Flavor gets week.
Speaker 3: When's the next drop, Chris Wednesday, Uh, two.
Speaker 7: Weeks, week and a half.
Speaker 5: We can we can you get.
Speaker 4: Some free weeks.
Speaker 7: Make sure wings house bringing a drop yell. Didn't like my beat? I love it. I was, I was in the league. Good time man trying I know Kurt with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like what your shirt?
Speaker 7: What sir?
Speaker 4: What play club?
Speaker 7: That's the only chair that I've never been active? Man? You know, I like you, I like I like everybody to day.
Speaker 8: I like your you know, little hoodie like and I like my boy Peaky going over there.
Speaker 7: I like my class just.
Speaker 4: Got in my clause. He got that extra medium up.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Can't hide sexy.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: To put some pink on it, but you can't hide it.
Speaker 7: Tell you what?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: So who is the show about today?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: Not about me, babe, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Well we were talking about the Texans offense and the Cowboys defense. So Texans offense, we'll start there and probably do two and a half segments on it.
Speaker 8: You think you really think we can get to and a half segments of this offense?
Speaker 4: What you look? You've been setting this up.
Speaker 3: You walked in here before anybody was in here, with one foot out the door already you don't want to be here today.
Speaker 4: And then you've already told me I can make this one real quick.
Speaker 3: I can't go as floor as your first off, How are you guys?
Speaker 4: You guys did good, good good.
Speaker 3: All right, Nate, if you can entertain us for a segment and a half, we'll let you go early today.
Speaker 7: All right, Jesse, what you got to say?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 6: Got something?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: Man, Hey, being honest, I said, you know, I've been here before. I've been in a bad situation where we've had more than a three game losing streak, and and and it's just as a.
Speaker 7: As an ex player.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I always wonder what the media did, what they said, how they prepared, how guys like such as us. They didn't have zoom back then, but it was always radio guys. I'm like, how did how did they brain content in a different way? How did you say stop to run in a different way? How do you say we got to defend better the past? Uh, you know better? How do we give it in a more entertaining way?
Speaker 7: And it just kept kept coming back to me.
Speaker 6: Yes, trust me. When you was having those thoughts back in the day, I was somewhere waiting for my dad to come pick me up. I was I was on the ports wait for him to come pick me up back in the nineties where you were having those thoughts. But for the Cowboys, well, let's go Houston right now. The the offense, honestly, they've had some injuries up front. They lost Nico Collins to a hamstring, so he's he's coming back this week. So I actually when I went and watched film, I was watching always so when I when I go to breakdown film, I always go the last game they just played, right because that recent that's recency bias. I want to see what happened, what transpired in the in the most recent game I can possibly see. And then my next thought process is we're doing offense, so I want to go then find games where they were the best at what they did offensively, scored some points and so on and so forth. And then once I started looking at that, I start my next thought process, is Houston right now or were or they were the last couple of weeks down a bunch of people due to injury offensively offensive lineman. Of course, Stefan Diggs was out and Nico Collins was out, and so I had to then go back to like week two or three because I wanted to see what the offense looked like with Nico in it, because there is some change, you know, when you have one of the best receivers in the league, at least top ten receivers in the league, and when you don't have them, right, So there was some there was some change in it. And so I went back and I looked, you know, to some earlier season games, and I'm you know, there are times I'll watch a quarter, I'll watch a half of football, depending on how the game goes. I'll watch an entire game, but I'll go half. I'll go watch a half that I feel like, you know what I need to see. I watch a lot of football in general. But I went and looked at this offense earlier in the year, and I compare it to what they were a week ago. And you talk about the vertical threat. The vertical threat, when you had Stefan Diggs and Nico Collins in it, it was there and they were pushing and driving the ball down the football field earlier in the year. Now when you lost those guys, of course, those things have changed. But I think when you go back, when you go to the game on Monday, you're gonna see more of that vertical threat. Nico Collins, a big, big receiver, can run, has great hands, good routes, and that will then open up for guys like Tank Dell, because if the Cowboys defensively are going to look like they did a week ago, then it's going to be more guys committed to the line of scrimmage right six seven, eight guys in the box, single high safety, some man coverage on the outside. Now, I don't know what they're gonna do, how short that leash may be with with Carson, you know, I'm sure they're giving them confidence do out this week to say hey, young fella, you got to go back out there again. We don't have a choice. Dron Bland is still running around and and and and and tennis shoes in the rehab Ruby even in cleats, so there's no no real sight that he's coming back to help the Cowboys defensively. I mean, maybe you go quicker than Israel Muamu, but you're talking about an elite route runner in and and Nico Collins, and then you're talking about one of the most shifty, quick and out of breaks and take down. So those are two things that don't really bode well for a god like you know, um.
Speaker 9: Where where does where? Doesn't break up your rhythm?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And so what they it's not?
Speaker 6: You're good what Houston and they line up in many different forms. We know what they're office cordated to Bobby Sloan and how he is one of the hot names. Now I'll tell you this, Bobby Slowan, you need to get things going, my boy, because you were one of the hot names right behind Ben Johnson is being one of you get your falling off. The offense ain't been is hot and I get it. You face with injuries on the line, You face with injuries at your receiver spot, and so maybe your name took a little nick to it. Now we may be the reason why he gets back going again. His office is going. But you know what their left tackle is and Laramie Tunsel, right, he's one of the good ones. But they do have some soft spots in the middle of that offensive line. Now I say that, and I go, well, who do we have that are able to attack those soft spots in the interior of that offensive line? This is where I go and I look at Mike Zim I'm saying, here's where you got to get creative. If double a gape, double a gap blitzing is your thing, then you need to now start working some of that in because there are opportunities there. There are opportunities on their right tackle where you can probably get some pressure. You know, you know, I think a good battle is going to be laring me Tonsu and Michael Parsons. That's gonna be a good battle on that left hand side. Now what you have to do is I have to find where I can create another one on one where I win more than I lose and or stalemate because stale mating means that ain't no pressure happening. I need to win. I need to find areas where I can go and win. And that's possible in the middle. However, you want to be creative about it. That's possible at times on the right edge, on the right tackle if you get creative at times. But if you don't, oh boy, if you can't figure out a way to get that type of pressure, and may this may go into my stat This may go into my stat tomorrow. Take down on any of those over routes, he's going to have a field day. Good speed, his speed, his shiftiness, his quickness. If they're allowing CJ. Stroud to sit in that pocket, unabated, untouched, comfortable, Stefan Trayvon Diggs. Whatever corner you want to put opposite of him, whatever safety you want to put back, there will be in a blender. Hell will be upon them. You gotta get to CJ. Stroud so that those routes aren't allowed to develop, they aren't able to push the ball down the football field. But of course, if i'm if I'm Bobby Sloweck, I've watched all the film that I need to watch, and I know that Joe mixons to touch the ball nineteen to twenty four times in this football game.
Speaker 3: Go back to Nico Collins, PFF. This surprises me. Been out been out a month?
Speaker 7: Right? Yes, five games.
Speaker 3: PFF has him ranked the number one receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Thanks Kurt, we know how you like. PFF.
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirteen point four yards per game a receiver being out with a hamstring injury for a month.
Speaker 6: Is it good? I was going to say one hundred how many yards a game?
Speaker 5: One hundred and thirteen point four?
Speaker 6: If you can't look up, look up how many yards per like his per catch yardage the receiver.
Speaker 4: Coming back hamstring a month.
Speaker 3: Can't do a lot of cardio with the hamstring, right, How much can we expect out of him this game with his beat his first game back. Is there going to be a ramp up for a game or two to get into football shape again?
Speaker 5: Or is he the big enough, physical.
Speaker 6: Enough get seventeen points.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of yards.
Speaker 6: We call those explosively.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, I'm doing the math here. So one catch from him is what just one reception has average is three times longer than five times? Three times aren't in any ball that Cooper threw.
Speaker 6: He was telling you something, right to something.
Speaker 5: The longest one he had was five yards.
Speaker 8: You know, Jests was talking about how do you get them? And in the two films that I watched, the two and a half Femur, you can get there. They the office is line are very leaky. And what I mean by that twist this fall is right into Partson's hands to tackle end stunts and tackle end games. And even more so, uh your a m B gaps.
Speaker 7: I saw him blitzing. I saw the Jets.
Speaker 8: I saw this last game where they hit them a M B gaps And so they are real leaky. And a lot of times they get confused, and then they brought that nickel one time off the corner, and they brought that safety one time off the corner.
Speaker 7: So you can get their offense line. You can mix them.
Speaker 6: My only pushback to that is talk about those things.
Speaker 7: I go.
Speaker 6: You said the Jets and you said Detroit. Talk talk about Quintin Williams, right, talking about one of the best interior defeative linemans.
Speaker 7: So it matters.
Speaker 6: So when he when he punched and then they loop around, they go follow him and no snap, he's coming. Oh you talking about the McNeill over at Detroit right like he's playing at a He's playing, you know, probably going to Pro Bowl this year or at least be in consideration. That's the only thing is that when you talk about these.
Speaker 5: Things, you have the players.
Speaker 6: You have the players that require the attention. These guys Quintin Williams requires a double team. You ain't. You ain't lining up every day and down against Quinn Williams.
Speaker 8: Michaeh in the mix, he's gonna be on the outside the tackle where to tackle Hits tackle goes straight out, over the tackle over the guard goes straight out and hit the uh the tackle of the offense, and that guy loops the background vice versas. And the thing is, you got you gotta have a guy that's dangerous from that inside because.
Speaker 6: Because you are automatically afraid of that initial sir.
Speaker 7: Two things he's doing.
Speaker 8: He's opening up the pocket as while it's making the pocket, he slaps in it. So I saw, I saw those two teams do that. Now can we do it that?
Speaker 7: Like Jesse?
Speaker 8: That is the question. But the thing is that you can confuse him. But they made mixing almost a nun factor. Early in the game. They started getting at them, getting at them. See they're not great pass blockers, they're average run blockers, but.
Speaker 7: They can maul you. They'll lay on you. They got they got some.
Speaker 8: They are some of the best holding guys that don't get called. You watch the pass rush man, they be on the edge holding. I'd be like, how did he get away with that? But and they know how to let louis and not go. You know, most when you do this, the refs, you know they can hold. They are good and so what that tells me They don't have great feet, but they have great strength, you know, like Tyron.
Speaker 7: But Tyrone had great feet. But when Tyron used to put.
Speaker 8: His hands on you, you're done and this is how these guys are.
Speaker 7: You got to be moving. So coach got to come up with a scheme.
Speaker 8: Well, don't let these guys stand pat you gotta be moving.
Speaker 7: You have to be moving.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's take our first break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Jesse will answer my question to say that they so rudely interrupted and didn't have one thought, didn't even talk about myself.
Speaker 4: The first segment just went with the show actually actually said something.
Speaker 7: Segue into a full question. Can we segue into that so you can ask this.
Speaker 5: I just didn't you didn't even listen to that?
Speaker 4: Het me off with that.
Speaker 5: I'm so discussed still you can go now, my boy.
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy classic wings? Saust tossed that those eletting soul satisfying. It's paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheets or signature Wingstop rage.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough. Your leave it delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to.
Speaker 7: Game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by download the Wings Stop out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help.
Speaker 6: You experience all the action.
Speaker 1: Seat gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig.
Speaker 7: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 6: Seat gig is the.
Speaker 1: Official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Prescott kids, it slid for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: Back to hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to hanging with the boys, brought to you each and every day.
Speaker 3: The second segment blockchain dot com, blockchain, thank you, blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Kurt, Yes, are you ready to hear this?
Speaker 6: Tell me.
Speaker 5: We had about four more days this live. That's it.
Speaker 4: Better get your feel.
Speaker 5: Now there's one more. Are you ready to go to the Bengals game?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, catch, hey, hey hey, you could win a VIP.
Speaker 3: Experience to the Cowboys versus the Bengals in that game on December the night just text Cowboys VIP to seven one one seven one one for your chance to win premium club ticket, Sideline pass, the traveling more, don't miss out in or now No purchase necessary ends on eleven twenty. Must be eighteen or older. In the US DC void we're prohibited. Messaging data rates may apply is at b T dot l Y slash go seven one one seven one one for full details and non text entry.
Speaker 7: So you you been to Pump eight lately? Yes?
Speaker 6: I was there yesterday. Was that pump it yesterday?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I got the thirty five dollars of Pumpy's.
Speaker 7: As many points we're going to score this week?
Speaker 6: The kind of boy eight or thirty five eight eight thirty eight that's gonna be the school thirty five eight.
Speaker 8: I'll wait for your other prediction, thirty It sounds better than the score.
Speaker 4: Uh nay, can ask my question now?
Speaker 7: Yes you can, sir. I'm sorry for interrupting earlier.
Speaker 8: Interrupt you boy, I'm not I'm not gonna do it, Jesse, but ess what we were saying.
Speaker 6: You times.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I really love this show. Sometimes I just don't even want to be here.
Speaker 6: Se Yea, I don't understand what this one we have the perfect synergy in harmony. We understand it.
Speaker 5: Don't talk, ask questions, you can't cut him off.
Speaker 6: And I don't do no research.
Speaker 7: You see what I'm saying he does. You see what I'm saying he does.
Speaker 6: Lorrin Buffett said, to build the best team, you have to get people not as the same strength as you, but their strips are your weaknesses. So I build my team properly. You built this team, my team?
Speaker 5: Who built this team?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 3: Did he build this team or did we kind of organically build it ourselves?
Speaker 6: I think, Oh, I got fired from one job and he need somewhere to me to go. I think I had to open seat. Were you here before that? No?
Speaker 7: No, I I was doing TV.
Speaker 4: Oh for some reason, I thought you were already here.
Speaker 6: When the other black guy on that one, who I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know either.
Speaker 6: They say, all black guys look alike. That's what they said.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, who else been on this show?
Speaker 3: US three started with Hellman started, Josh started, Josh and hell.
Speaker 9: The very roots of it were Josh and Jeff Sullivan.
Speaker 6: It was right based on.
Speaker 9: The magazine Okay, and then it went Josh and Hellman, maybe and you and I.
Speaker 4: Got somehow you know, and then Josh and it was me Helman, it was.
Speaker 9: Me and you and Josh for a while, and then it was you and Nate and then and.
Speaker 3: Then Jesse got added up there Okay, then came back they had Holly that thing.
Speaker 6: See is that what happened? I don't know, but I feel like talking about myself now.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 8: I was tired of fussing with Kurt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get Can you ask your question? You didn't getting mad at I forgot it.
Speaker 4: No, I was asking what I know what you're about to do?
Speaker 6: Go ahead and do it?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: Nico Collins a receiver being out for a month, how much ramp up is it gonna be?
Speaker 6: You know that ramp up stuff as a cowboy thing.
Speaker 4: I really believe it, really, so you think he could get in this game?
Speaker 6: If Nico, If Nico is being activated for this game, he was running last week, I think he's like he's yeah.
Speaker 9: He was hevated actually on Friday, but yeah, he was a healthy scratch basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was getting ready for these cowboys.
Speaker 6: And we need everybody take this ramp up things till weeks upon a time that you got to get ramped up and ramped up. Some more football players play football.
Speaker 9: How does Nico compare to CD?
Speaker 6: Because there are the.
Speaker 4: Top you said top ten. PFF's got him ranked is number one? Like where where what is he like? For people that haven't watched him, where would you put him?
Speaker 5: Is he had Justin.
Speaker 4: Jefferson type guys? He had Cooper Cup time guy.
Speaker 6: He's a mixture. He's not Chase Jet. He's not Justin Jefferson. He's not Jamar Chase. I think those guys are you know, you lead those guys by themselves. You let them just you know what I'm saying. You put them in there.
Speaker 3: Like you got right now, You've got Patrick Mahomes and then everybody there's another tier and then everybody else receivers.
Speaker 5: There's two dudes, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think he's in the conversation of being CD. He's he's a bigger receiver. He runs fast, he has a large catch radius, run good routes. I mean, he's he's, he's he's everything you want in a receiver. Like he's you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't know how like he is is he I don't. I mean, he has body control, he has good hands, he's he can, he's a vertical threat. He's intermediate.
Speaker 7: Faster Mike. He's a faster Mike, Mike, Mike, Michael. Yeah, he's a faster mis.
Speaker 6: He's more fluid than Mike. You know, Mike was a little stiffy. Was Mike was a little stiffy.
Speaker 7: But after about five thousand slants.
Speaker 6: Slants about following slants and bang eights and it'll stiffen you up a little bit. But but that's what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, he's a big man.
Speaker 4: He's like Calvin Johnson type build right six.
Speaker 6: Come on now, like you keep throwing names out. He's just he's into. He's in the he's in there. He's in there. He is like I said, he's a big receiver. He can run, he's a target. He's a big black man.
Speaker 8: Hey, Hey, but rank ranking receivers man, because what I'm telling them about it was your first name. Those guys are real special type man.
Speaker 6: Depending on well, for me, it just depends on what day it is, because one day I'll say Chase, one day I'll say jet As being the number one guy. But those two guys are un doubtedly one and two or one A, one B. However you want to put him in that conversation the next for me, honestly, like CDs in that conversation, Ceedee Lamb is in that he's next for me. Then you could put Nico depending on what Tyreek Hill, what kind of quarterback he has, if and when he has a quarterback. I think Tyreek Hill is still one of those guys that can can can can record game.
Speaker 7: You know what this is funny.
Speaker 8: I love seeing Tyree warm up because he'll do quick moves every now and then he'll just you're talking about quick as a cat.
Speaker 7: I mean if you.
Speaker 8: See him warm up before a game, and sometimes he'll go to just moving around real quick.
Speaker 7: And then he'll get in the game and do some of them same moves.
Speaker 8: If his quarterback was one hundred percent healthy and really connecting with him, oh my god, it would be unreal.
Speaker 7: Man. But anyway, I go ahead on so them your five guys, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then everybody else's it's kind of like they can. You can put him at anywhere. You can say Cooper Cup, you can say George pick No, I like me some George Pickings. Now, Now he ain't he ain't raped too tight, boy, he doesn't. He ain't listening in his brain. In his brain, ain't too much more still.
Speaker 7: Just finding them type guys, that's a prototype.
Speaker 6: They know talent, they don't know character. They can identified.
Speaker 3: You don't do the brainwaight is if you go spend like over three years in Pittsburgh, it's just unwise.
Speaker 6: I ain't come with that. That ain't that ain't that ain't the you you born with that right there? But boy, George Pickens, I like me some George Pickens man. You put him if he had a.
Speaker 7: Real quarterback, a younger quarter if you.
Speaker 6: If you were to put George Pickens with Josh Allen, yes, with Patrick Mahomes with but he he could break he could break the two thousand yard mark. That's how skills he is.
Speaker 8: But he is the number one. And I don't care what that PF whatever chain you you're looking at. He contested catches, contested catches, you know, food always for somebody to like, I'm sorry, what's the name PFF like yeah, PF.
Speaker 6: Take yeah, wow, wow.
Speaker 4: You just do not want to be here today.
Speaker 7: No, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 8: You're here, Chris, hold on now, Chris, I'm sitting down and you still got me at the top of the art, Chris.
Speaker 6: So this squirrel so also so Also for the Texans, you know, there isn't another one of those teams where you'll see them use their tight end. Like like, more teams than ever is going, more than I've seen in a long time. Teams getting into this twelve personnel.
Speaker 4: Who's their tight end. Kurt Dalton say his name again, Get him again one more time.
Speaker 6: Alright, I don't want to get injured that.
Speaker 7: He's still crying over.
Speaker 6: But like I said, they get into that twelve personnel man and they're gonna run. Joe Mixing and Joe Mixon, he runs runs angry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this surprised me. Their twentieth and rushing yards per carry. I thought it'd be higher than that. But Mixing's tied for six and touchdowns with seven, tied for tenth and carries with the Hunt fifty one, and thirteenth in yards with six fifty five.
Speaker 6: If my personal opinion, they had to get more into this run game when they when they started losing off of some linemen and then their two top receivers got hurt so early in the year they were they were letting that thing fly right in the run game was just kind of a bonus to it. It was like, let's just stay balanced. Let's just say, you know, keep them keep them minds to the line of scrivage. But they were trying to pass that thing around between u Stefan Diggs and Tank Dell and Nico Collins and Dalton Shorts Schultz. They were passing the ball earlier in the year. But then when God's beginning to fall off, you start seeing it all right, now, we got to slow this game down a little bit. We gotta muck it up, we gotta get a little dirty. We gotta be able to you know, to to to get to the fourth quarter with a fighting chance and then be able to make some plays. So that's why you see the kind of the later surge of the running game becoming more prominent because of all the injurges that they had, Like it was like week three or four or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, I have a question when we come back from break we're breaking at if Jesse you can answer it, because you're good.
Speaker 10: Nate.
Speaker 7: Date's checked out before you you goodhead man.
Speaker 3: We'll leave this one to Jesse and Kurt when we come back. I won't hang out with the boys.
Speaker 10: Pinky House, Wingstop Sound, Crispy Juicy, Classic Wings, Sausty Toss that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by download the wings Stop app or ordered online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott slid for the first down.
Speaker 11: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Perfect grow my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties.
Speaker 6: Let Yo Kiero be your.
Speaker 2: One stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 1: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action.
Speaker 4: Seed Gig makes it easy to.
Speaker 1: Find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets the Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do. It is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 7: To hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment.
Speaker 7: Of hanging with the.
Speaker 4: Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of.
Speaker 6: The Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: All right, I have a question for you, Jess.
Speaker 3: With with Nico Collins coming out, you brought up a good point they were running by necessity, right, with injuries and things like that. Now you have your full complement of weapons, right, and you look at the Cowboys and you've realized you've got a glaring weakness that cornerback. You've got a glaring weakness up the middle with the run game. How do you decide, like you could attack both areas and probably have six sess, how do you when it's that wide open? How do you decide what your game plan is and go, here's where I'm going with the ball, and here's how long I'm sticking with it, and here's my first fourteen and.
Speaker 6: I'll give it to you. In this terms, we talk about percentages. What's the highest percentage shot in basketball?
Speaker 5: Dun't layup, don't.
Speaker 6: What's the what's the what's what's that? I think that was just a chair and.
Speaker 4: Share what stuff to me?
Speaker 6: What's what's the what's the least percentage shot in the NBA?
Speaker 5: Half court.
Speaker 7: Well, nowadays it's percentage, so bye bye.
Speaker 6: If the layup is there, why shoot the three?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: So the run game, you're sticking with a run game.
Speaker 6: That's the that's the higher percentage points, right, like me handing the ball off and getting five, six, seven yards a clip all the way up and down the field. If that's available, Why take the high percentage shot of a fade away three when you got a layup? You see what I'm saying, Like, why give Michael Parsons and the marrow over showing a chance to strip, sack, fumble to swing momentum when all I gotta do is just keep driving the ball down the floor.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, do you go into this game with the run as the centerpiece and then put some play action in there to set up the big play and take some shots when it looks right?
Speaker 6: And like stealing candy from a baby.
Speaker 8: The other smart coach and I think coach Ryan is Ryan's. Yeah, he don't play situation in football. It's under twenty. He gonna hand it to his running back, you know if he like you say the numbers, the numbers go like it's supposed to go, and his third and whatever, he'll continue around. But if you cramp him up a little bit, and he's gonna take a shot. So uh, I think he's gonna play great situational football. And he gonna asks his coordinators offensive coordinator you know which is coach Floyd Hey. He were going because much like the Eagles defense did last week, just continued to play, continued to play.
Speaker 7: Then the third quarter they crunk it up a little bit. Then they but they fell back into who they were.
Speaker 8: So uh but we but I do have an answer for this.
Speaker 6: The film was out of what happened last week against Kaylen Carson. Like that ain't go nowhere, Like they couldn't, like the Cowboys couldn't take that film and burn it so that no one else could see it. Right, So that player is still going to suit up and be on the football field. So when that moment in time comes and they decide, well, we're gonna go seven in the box. Because Joe Mixing this ran off a couple, you know, a clip of three at six hours, a clip they see just all gonna look outside and go, oh, one on one, Nico, let's check your check your hand, let's check it. Let's let's check the hammy or tank. Hey, let's see it. Let's see how all that speed of energy comes out of him and you put the brakes on it. Then he breaks down and you take off again.
Speaker 9: Like like we've talked about a guide where you just got to get reps. Do you do the same thing with Carson? You just got to take his bruises.
Speaker 6: I mean, y'all believe that I'm not the one on this show that believes giving people reps makes them better.
Speaker 8: I believe giving people the proper reps makes people better. But in our game that we play, I'm talking to me and Jess for this is you got to have a certain amount of confidence, and even when you're getting beat, you got to be download this and learning at some point in that game. Every player that I played with that had to go through this a little bit as a draft pick, as a free agent, I'll either come into a new team learning a new system. At no point did this kid even challengem challenge yourself. Now, I got to bring you out of the game as a coach because it's.
Speaker 7: Third and six. Why are you back third wind? You're back twelve yards off the ball.
Speaker 8: You're gonna give him the first no, at least creep up to seven at either eight, so you can at least run up there and make your contest to catch or something. But when you see a kid and see this one, I'm a little bit different. When you see a kid, what's a kid named Moremo mcuamo should have been in that much earlier. Why do you have to just beat a kid down before you make a change. That ain't cool as to me, That ain't cool As a coach. You you you see fifteen seventeen twenty coach, this kid ain't gonna move up. We all see that. Put somebody else in there who's gonna least be competitive. How you feel, how you spending it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I'm right there with you. But I also think sometimes coaches look back there and I go, it's still our best option, Like he might still be our best option. Yeah, he might still be our best I mean they tried to.
Speaker 7: Last week.
Speaker 8: Did not prove the point that forget where you're drafted.
Speaker 7: Forget did last.
Speaker 8: Week not prove a point that sometimes what we're facing on this team is every game you get half our fans.
Speaker 7: And saying, man, they would just play hard.
Speaker 8: It looks different when you look at certain teams getting beat We saw Detroit come back and beat a team. Were the five interceptions Detroit had, But at not one point did you see Detroit not playing hard. That's how you get back in games truly, like the Ravens. We had a shot at the Ravens where if you'd have played hard the whole aim and into the wall the whole game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would have believed that. But you're picking your spots, and when you pick your spots, you're inconsistent. And that's when you're inconsistent from the top, it goes all the way to the bottom.
Speaker 6: We'll see. I think I think what you just said is probably a conversation that we can I mean, that's a segment conversation, that's a whole segment because you know the team that you name that that's a culture thing. Yeah, that's a culture thing. Those teams play that way because that's what's branding them, that's what's talked to them about, that's what they practice like that. And that's the biggest thing is that you know, we keep looking at wanting certain things from this team and these players and it ain't a part of the culture. They're like, yeah, you said, playing hard. That's easy to yeah, but it ain't. Yeah, but it ain't. And and and we always because we have a three times Super Bowl champion here, and I always reference back to that. You couldn't do that at day practice. So you couldn't do that then, because not only would you stick out like a sore thumb, they be on your tail. See, it was for you to come out there and practice and not go full speed and not give the proper looks and not do the proper things. Was a backhanded smack to the other guys out there, and the great players. The Michael Irvis wasn't allowing that. The Troy Aikomas weren't allowing that. The Dion's when he was here, or Darrin Woodson's or the Bill Bates or the whoever you want to name. Those who stood out, those who were on the billboard, those who were on the magazine Charles said, that was on the magazine cover, those who are on the trading cards, those who had the jersey cells. Those dudes wasn't allowing that to happen. And it wasn't lip service. They weren't just telling you, oh, come on, you gotta be better. They're like, nah, and no matter what I did last night, I'm out here and I'm going one hundred miles an hour. So when you when you get to the game, it isn't it isn't a switch that you're trying to turn off and on. It becomes a way of life. It becomes a way that you play the game. So they get into this game and say, you know, play harder, try harder, do harder. Well, you're asking them to do something that's abnormal. And when it's not normal to you, the first the first sign of fatigue, or the first sign of resistance, or the first sign of something that's pudding adversity, you go back to what you're normally used to. Those guys didn't do that. Those good the Detroit Lions didn't do that. The Chiefs you want to name, the Ravens, you want to name those good teams. When they get on the football field on Sunday, it is a direct representation of what their culture is. And so when we talk about this team and how it looks something I said, there's a whole nother topic for old of the day. We're seeing the culture. We're seeing what's allowed at practice, We're seeing the kind of players that you brought into the building, and that always is going to be the outcome of your team on game day. And you can even sprinkle in victories and you can sprinkle in victory of winning streaks. Oh, but when it comes time for that, when it comes time for you to have to when you when you when you, when you meet that adversity, or you meet somebody as good as you are, better, equal, better, you fall, You fall through the cracks because they have a lifestyle on which they approach it with. They have attention to details, and you do not. And that's why you see certain things happen in the games that matter the most with the with with with these players here. But again that's a whole other thing for a whole other day that we can talk about.
Speaker 8: But yeah, you know, I really like the fall. You said it didn't matter what happened last night, because it didn't.
Speaker 5: Or this or this morning.
Speaker 6: I know enough of y'all. I heard the stories.
Speaker 7: I mean it.
Speaker 6: Didn't and yeah, but you showed up the next day, right, because if you didn't, you get embarrassed.
Speaker 8: Yeah you you you got that same person gonna coach and say, man, now you ain't like that last night.
Speaker 7: Because I was that I'm on now.
Speaker 8: I had a coach when I my short step with the Washington Commanders used to be the Redskins. Coach Gibbs called me in his office and base he said the same thing, he said, and then I can't think of the offensive line coach too.
Speaker 7: He got the coach. Head coach got through.
Speaker 8: The offensive line coach basically said the same thing everybody last night. I mean, we had went out, had a blowout time drinking just year after beer. Don't you know these same guys was drinking with you. How you couldn't make it through practice and they made it through practice? He said, don't you drink if you can't make it through practice.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean he will read me out, but at least made it to the last cut.
Speaker 8: If football ain't the priority, no matter what happened in my life outside that field, if football can't be your priority, you're doing it wrong. It's got to be the only thing that matters. It's got to.
Speaker 7: Be I trained my drinking habits the way I at. I mean, yet, look like, uh, you.
Speaker 6: Understood you hung?
Speaker 7: You got to be that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you got to be hung? Yeah, he yes, you go a table until tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Who you got tonight? Washington and Philly?
Speaker 7: Who that?
Speaker 6: Who that gonna beat that?
Speaker 7: Who that? Man? I don't mess with neither one of them teams. Whoever win wins?
Speaker 4: Who ya?
Speaker 7: Who y'all got? I ain't going neither won them? They all four games ahead. Washington is a four.
Speaker 4: Point underdog on the road at Philly.
Speaker 6: I think I think I think Philadelphia's coming into their own Yeah.
Speaker 7: Who you got, Chris?
Speaker 6: Look good man?
Speaker 7: Who you got? Kurt? I ain't got neither one of them. I'm gonna watch the game.
Speaker 5: What do you say, Kurt, Philly?
Speaker 9: Like you said, they're coming their own, They're at home.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Chris? I think it's gonna be a Philly good game. Tune in, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 6: It'll be a good game.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Let's spend a little bit time on C. J. Stroud tomorrow. He's numbers have taken a step back.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to get your feedback on if that's a byproduct of injuries and things like that, focusing on the run game, or if what you see on film and then.
Speaker 4: Phone calls a A A eight five five two two nine seven call us. We wanted to have you feet that game.
Speaker 6: You know what, you know, you know what. Estralla is starting to kind of notice now like he's dealing with now what it's different when you were the hunter, Now you're the hunted.
Speaker 4: Ye yep, got a target on your back.
Speaker 7: He still can throw them, all right.
Speaker 3: Fellas, good stuff, Nate, thanks for at least sitting in the chair today showing.
Speaker 7: You a nice shirts. Fellas. I'm coming back then.
Speaker 4: Thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz and Josh, thanks for being okay.
Speaker 7: Did he lower me down or did not lower myself? I think I lower himself.
Speaker 4: Wow, we will be back here. It looks like a chair.
Speaker 7: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 7: We can start up.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow. Boys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.