Speaker 1: It's nine O one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Well well, wellie, well.
Speaker 2: You're not We're here.
Speaker 1: Here I come. Isn't that a song too? It's a song. It's an episode of nine two on.
Speaker 2: Me and Make You Want Me.
Speaker 1: That's right. We are going to try to blow through this one today. It's just Tory and I and we are happy to be with you. But we're going to try to go through this kind of quickly because we have to jump off into a very exciting one on one interview with somebody from the cast. Who could it be? Get excited? Okay, let's start. Let's start with Donna and Noah finally getting getting going, getting under the covers. I don't know what do you call it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I okay, really wait wait, let's do the synopsis.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is season eight, episode fifteen, Ready or Not Air January seventh, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Synopsis.
Speaker 3: Donna does the deed after a sexy sarenade by a superstar. Kelly proves her boss MD is a pig. Valerie gets ready and does business with a bookie.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Emma Bennett begins her revenge. I ran the walls.
Speaker 1: My god. It was a good episode. Directed by John McPherson, Written by Michael Cassatt. How you say this? Cassut? Michael Cassut Written by Michael Cassut and Laurie McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Story by there's three people, there's story. But what does this mean?
Speaker 1: Jen? So this is interesting. We've never had this before, it says, story by Michael Cassuit Cassuck. Let's say that wrong, Sorry, Michael rich Cooper and Laurie McCarthy. So I guess Rich Cooper contributed.
Speaker 3: Okay, hmm, okay, right, wait, just starting at the end and going back.
Speaker 1: Because oh yeah, I like that. Who was the guy singing to you, Brian McKnight.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's.
Speaker 1: He's a smoothie. That's what makes you get in the mood. I guess I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's like a Donna and David thing.
Speaker 1: Brian oh Man as Donna. Did it make you think of David? Love? God, this is messy. Didn't feel like this whole episode was like sex driven, Like these characters have come to this place now where it's all about sex, Like there's no other storylines.
Speaker 3: Really, it's just okay, So this is pretty much the third week in a row that we're just like, how, I'm a Night of two anoer, but I'm not here, like, get me out of here, Like, what is it? It's not our storylines, it's not necessarily I mean, I know Amy didn't think the last episode was good, but like, it's not necessarily bad.
Speaker 2: It's just not nine O two one zero at all.
Speaker 1: No, it feels very soapy all of a sudden. It feels very like.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're doing good, we're doing good everybody.
Speaker 1: But it's like, you know how when you reach a point where you don't have anything else to write about, so you're like.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just have them sex, just throwing sex right because sex always works?
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's what they were saying in the Rider's room, but I don't know. It just feels like, I don't know, I feel like I'm jipped out on actual stories other than like maybe the Kelly and the job guy. That story is kind of closing nicely, but everything else just feels like who's with who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean it's but that's about sex to that storyline at the premise, so it's like, yeah, you're right, I don't know everything except little Zach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you so let's talk about just let's just go down with Donna and Noah finally deciding that they're going to hook up. I think that some of that comes from Donna because she sees that David and Valerie, or even hears it from David that David and Valerie are it's not just a friendship, right.
Speaker 3: She was relieved to know it was fake, but then it's not fake, so it's like, but it's kind of fake. I don't Oh my, I can't watch David at the car wash anymore. So I'm glad that's over with. But I couldn't get past the condom machine at the peapad bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did that go there? I mean, I'm all for it, but it seemed like a weirdly placed to thing. But do they have that in the in the guy's bathroom? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let us know, you guys, and back then in the nineties, like.
Speaker 1: Maybe because it was such like you know, Ready was talking about safe sex.
Speaker 3: And okay, okay, oh, I'm willing to go there. Okay, So like Tampon's in the girls room, condoms in the boys room, and now everything's back and vending machines are like on trend again, so okay, ahead of our time, as.
Speaker 1: Always accept it? Okay, good.
Speaker 3: I didn't know where that was going, like Brian and Brian. So David's like coming out and he's like, no, I'm going to stand because Noah's here washing his hands aggressively.
Speaker 1: You thought they were going to have a fight.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, I thought, honestly, you know what I thought. For a hot second, I thought like Noah was going to lose his sobriety. I wasn't sure because I was like, why is he in the bathroom so long? What's he like doing? But nothing's pushing him over the edge. He has a girlfriend, he has a club now, like everything's going well for him. And then it was about the condom machine. Do you think it's odd that Noah doesn't know that Donna has only slept with one guy, David obviously, and then she waited forever to sleep with David.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know that.
Speaker 3: She tells him this episode, she tells him, But you don't think it's where you think it's weird that he hasn't no that from you?
Speaker 1: Before.
Speaker 3: So they've been together seven weeks, they're saying. David says, so almost two months and they're this close and she's never mentioned this doesn't seem like a Donathan to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like he would have been wanting to know why she didn't want to What was it why he Noah just thinks it's David and like the breakup that you're not over it yet completely or and then he.
Speaker 3: Knows she's busy, like she's focused on work, and I was like, I don't know, a new relationship, young guy.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, what is going on that.
Speaker 1: Probably he's you know, he's now the stand up guy on the show, the good guy. He is the new Brandon Walsh.
Speaker 3: You guys looks like, so it's the case. Did you ever know this at the time, that that's so what his intent was. Never knew it, Nope, never knew.
Speaker 1: It, Nope. Didn't know that was happening. Even playing, you know, the storyline with Brandon, I had no idea the impact that it would have on me as a fan of viewer of the show, like seeing them allow Brandon to cheat on Kelly and be so deceptive and slimy and such a pig. I had no idea that because I was only filming my scenes with him, I didn't really get the full effect of it. Now, it's like hard to even like him and.
Speaker 3: We're going at we were going at lightning speed, you guys. So it's like there was no time to really process, digest, like react.
Speaker 1: It was just like your job, your job, do your job.
Speaker 3: Such a different time era and anyway. Yeah, so looking back now, I'm like Brandon Walsh. They ruined Brandon.
Speaker 1: Walsh and he was an executive producer. I just sad to ask you that, so he knew what was happening.
Speaker 2: He knew what was happening. He had say.
Speaker 1: Maybe he didn't want Brandon to be that squeaky clean anymore. Maybe he was really this you know, I'm just making assumptions right now, but I don't know either. Maybe he was like I, this character's so vanilla, he has to do something more, you know, to make him. Or maybe he's already planning his departure.
Speaker 3: Right I'm assuming that, but like, then, if you're not saying two more seasons, you're going out in this one, he's already been squeaked clean for eight seasons.
Speaker 2: So let him go out with a not a bing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I mean he did.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wonder we were also young.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Jason now looking back, would have did it differently and asked for Brandon to be handled differently.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he.
Speaker 1: Had known like the legacy of Brandon Walsh and impact on the world, on the.
Speaker 2: World in history.
Speaker 1: But then of course the watch comes into play, like very early in the episode, the watch that Kelly thought was given to her by Brandon is now pivotal item of what's that called, like evidence.
Speaker 3: Clue that game of clue evidence, yes, and the boiling this okay, So for two episodes, I didn't know, like I feel like boiling the bunny, like it's gonna happen, fatal attraction. And so Maggie, our friend in super Fan, she's the one that d m me. She's like she reminded me. She was like, it was me. I said, there's a boiling that's going to happen here.
Speaker 2: It was, But it was just the watch.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the watch.
Speaker 2: But that was supposed to be like fatal attraction.
Speaker 1: Correct, I guess it was the play on fatal attraction. The movie goodness, I think that. But the Bunny had a little more impact than the watch in general.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then the whole scene, where'd you get it? Well, she's asking just tell her I don't remember, I don't remember. That was he couldn't think faster than that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you think of one jewelry store where any place?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the moment, she's not gonna hold you to it, like.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just like he doesn't want to lie anymore. He's not really good at it. Do you think Brandon's a good liar? Because he is full on ling left and right.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's assess this is he a good liar? No, he's not meant for lying.
Speaker 2: He's not built for being big baby blues. No, they cannot lie. Okay, so that's a redeeming bloody.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, do you believe that Kelly really at this point wouldn't have been like, wait, what.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're reading me this.
Speaker 2: Story is your friend.
Speaker 1: She's gonna only hear what she hers the other, the friend's side. She's not putting herself in the story, And it seems kind of naive of her point to be this far into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the present, it's like, it's just all I don't know. She has a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's being sexually assaulted at work. She Oh god, poor Kelly, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I did, get excited about what the doctor creepy gets fired, thank god. Then oh, and I just like the way he grabs her and kisses her. It's so groedy now watching it. But and then he says that your dad's going to come take over the clinic. But does that really happen or does your dad turn into our favorite character, our favorite doctor.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm taking a page at your book. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. It turns into like doctor Martin's clinic. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I know, But then it turns into doctor Daniel. See what's coming? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, not yet?
Speaker 1: Wait wait what episode? What season episode?
Speaker 3: I was trying to read your brain, because we're good at this after thirty five years, you guys.
Speaker 2: But wait, doctor Dan.
Speaker 1: No, doctor Daniel.
Speaker 2: Who's doctor Daniel?
Speaker 1: And that's our irl name? What's his character's name? I don't know. Kelly gets engaged to him, I think, doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matt, No, he was Wait and at first I was like, yes, doctor Daniel, I swear.
Speaker 1: To god, doctor, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait, wouldn't that have been so much better?
Speaker 1: Yes, we we we can't do it now, we can't go back and rewrite it. Wow. Well I got so excited for a second. I'm just completely Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, he could have been like the Ken Jong, like a real doctor that became a comedian that was like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Then it would have been so well written for him.
Speaker 2: I clipped, yep, yep, oh god, that would have been good. No, he's a lawyer. We have to get our store first. When do we get our store?
Speaker 1: Got to be coming soon.
Speaker 2: So the design thing, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take your designs, you take your beautiful sketches.
Speaker 2: My beautiful sketches. I wonder who actually sketched those.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe Ross.
Speaker 2: They are no, the good ones, the good ones.
Speaker 1: At first, Oh, I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: Do they have to hire someone to like go in and do that like an artist.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there was somebody like on board that was capable of doing that. They were very Yeah, they're pretty much like basics. But then and then Zach makes them colors them in because they really did look like they needed to be colored in. Honestly, Yeah, so good on him. Then the guy loves them avant guard. Yes, you're amazing, You're a genius.
Speaker 2: What are you going to be doing after this working for you? Like it's like, okay and hired. Yeah there's the bow. We could we go back to Kelly. I gotta go. I'm you a sorry.
Speaker 3: Kelly Taylor has been through so many storylines, but this one, like it really is weighing on me as your friend, even though I'm Torri or Jenny and that's Donna and Kelly and Kelly and Donna, but that it's just such a mind f going in and out of these stories. I don't know how poor Kelly could have come out the other side being a fully functioning human.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just like, I'm seeing so much that affected me in my real life through watching this show, even though yes, it's a character, but these are young actresses and actors and going through the intense emotions of all these terrible things that each of them go through. They've got to have an impact not just me, but on other people that were doing this.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to liken it to real life when something is happening and you're kind of repressing, and so you're like taking the emotional and verbal abuse but you're still fine. So that would be like what it would be semi like for a character and an actor playing that role, like it's seeping in somehow, but you're like, but that's not me, and you leave it.
Speaker 2: But you don't leave it. It just it blurs into your soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that happened.
Speaker 2: Enter Lindsey Price.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so she was so young, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Good baby, and a spitfire and I'm like, yes, I love this energy.
Speaker 2: We're all like whatever, here we are and she's like, yes, I'm on the scene and I'm so excited to be here. We're like, yes, we need this energy. So enter Janet.
Speaker 3: Now we need to get to the bottom of this, because I know it came up a little bit last week with Amy that Amy had thought maybe okay, they were already gonna be transitioning Hillary out, Lindsay coming in as Steve's love interests. I want the facts because I don't remember it that way. I just remember she was brought on as a guest star to literally just be on the paper. Yes, and then she was so amazing. I mean she's so talented, but energetically, Lindsay kind of seemed all of us together, like she was just so we loved, like me and Jen and Lynz, like we had such a great relationship, and it really it was great to have her there. She got along with everyone. She's such a kind soul and easy person to get along with him work with.
Speaker 1: It felt like she came in with like no pretense about nothing, yeah a certain way or who wasn't. She was just like open and happy to be there. And I think that just that energy just spread so quickly and it was refreshing.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was so cool. But I there is some story that you and I at a rap party on the dance floor went up to my dad and we said, Linday's so great. Everyone loves her. She's so talented. It'd be great to make Janet a series regular.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that was your dad dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the three of us.
Speaker 3: It was the three of us, and it was loud, and I think we thought, like, oh, you know, he probably he has so much going on, and he probably didn't even hear us and it happened.
Speaker 1: And you listen to us. That was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were like she yeah.
Speaker 1: Because he was like, we want everybody to be happy here. Yeah, it's been a rough road a little bit. Yeah. Yeah, well I think that was a.
Speaker 3: Good It was the end of season eight then, and so she was, yeah, yeah, we'll have to get we have to, as.
Speaker 2: Lindsay, yes, we have to. Okay, next episode, next.
Speaker 1: Episode, Oh my gosh, what do we have next week? We have I hope it gets work illegal tender.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous with that title.
Speaker 1: You know it's about you know, for the season eight episode sixteen, it sounds like it's going to be about the betting, the gambling out of the.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you know where my brain went. She can tell us to like s e x on the on the scene, no illegal like underage, oh sex, I don't know, no, I know, I know, but this whole episode, Oh, it's gonna be the booky No, I don't want this to happen and continue.
Speaker 1: They did the whole by the way, going back to your sex scene with Noah, they did the whole like no, no, they did the Brandon and Emma like hardcore sex scene with them naked and Ben showing everything, and now they're doing it with Donna and Noah, Like, who's.
Speaker 2: Next, I don't know. I'm so glad Donna Noah had sex.
Speaker 3: I was lived vicariously through them.
Speaker 1: They pull back and he's just like laying flat on you. You're like squished under him. Oh, good day, good day at were coming? Oh yeah, it was a good day. Okay, you guys have a great back with someone exciting