Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of People Magazine's Trendiest Podcast Alive. Oh no, my name is Jack.
Speaker 2: That is Miles Yeah, and we get sexiest Podcaster or what the come on?
Speaker 1: Did you see that ship?
Speaker 2: They gave it to Taylor Latner? Scandalous?
Speaker 1: Is that real?
Speaker 2: Yeah? One of Zeitgang. I think it was the Southwest some so Melia was like it should have been Miles. I mean, look, I thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: It's weird because I didn't see the one where people were saying that about me. That's weird. That's weird. I have to I have to read, Yeah, my men, cheese must be off or something.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was a separate maybe it was a separate one that you were yeah, yeah, I mus yeah, yeah, because you're sexy. Due, you're sexy.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: And now it's see and that's that's when that's what's sexy and fluctuated. They're like, he was sexy, toll he said hungy.
Speaker 1: Hingy, I'm hungy and so so see Miles, Yes, you're Miles, I'm Jack. These out things that are trending. It's Thursday, November Night Right. The debate happened last night. We'll dig into that a little bit more tomorrow. But what we really got to talk about is just some some dumb bullshit. Doctor Pepper just dropped a limited a dish that's not spicy sod, Spicy sods from our roads, from broods.
Speaker 2: Spicy sods from my chades. We got a broad dr Pepper hot take.
Speaker 1: I was with them because I like, I like a spicy Ginger beer. I seek out that. I say, Ginger beer, give me your spiciest and that main root spicy is the spiciest one I found. If anybody has some recommendations for another sexy word, recommendation for spicier, hit me. I'll get it spicy as possible.
Speaker 2: But what you mean is bite. We're not talking about Skullville skulvill level like you don't eat it.
Speaker 1: But ginger can be spicy, man the way. I just like straight up ginger.
Speaker 2: Have you passed it?
Speaker 1: No? I mean it's kind of soothing to the tum tum.
Speaker 2: Right right, That's what I mean. I'm talking about, like cap savesan Okay, you know what I mean, that chemical that gives us the real heat.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to torture myself. I'm just all right.
Speaker 2: Some of us are bro so like I just I don't want people to get the.
Speaker 1: Culture tul unshakable pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know it's fine. There's a thing in that this article that they also linked off to another article. I didn't even know this is a thing. It's the headline was want better like dating, try eating more spicy food. Scientists have found that people seem more attractive when they have a high tolerance for spice. Mm hmmmm, that's kind of true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that article was written by an Ai.
Speaker 2: Was written by me when I was at my loneliest.
Speaker 1: And I'm just saying main Root makes a ginger beer and it is labeled spicy. Okay, okay, Like you can get regular and then you can get spicy. And I always go spicy because I don't give a fuck. I'm attractive.
Speaker 2: I'm attractive, I'm so hot. Why would I watch me shotgun this spicy root beer? But this I don't know what exactly the spice is here, We're still not clear, but the person who reviewed it said, yeah, the little bite takes a few seconds for the heat to set in, then it lingers like the cranberries in your throat.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I want to try it. I don't like the name calling it hot tike sucks. Like, yeah, whoever the you know, gen X person was who came up with that, try thinking that it made them sound like a millennial.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it, you know, it's probably just like one of those things too, Like every company is just so like risk averse that it's like they had to like crunch the fucking numbers and see what the fucking edgiest thing they could call it was without like alienating people, and then you land on this kind of nonsense. I'm sure there were people in that room who are like, God, really call it fucking such spicy sods for my chides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor Pepper, So I guess last year Doctor Pepper had a bourbon flavored uh version, and this year they're doing spicy celebrating the hot takes of football because they're the official soft drink of football. Alright, cool, they've always had Doctor Pepper had that weird run where they were like, and this soda is only for boys. That's right, diet soda, but only boys are allowed to drink it Jesus because like doctor Pepper, ten, oh, it's not zero calories like a girl, diet soda. Men value ten calories.
Speaker 2: Ten commandments, ten calories, guys, thanks canonical.
Speaker 1: The stuff that guys like. Ten commandments.
Speaker 2: Bo Derek in ten, thank you for people who thought I was young. There you go.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that reference.
Speaker 2: Miles, you know you don't know. Okay, do you know what Derek is? Okay? Do you know the very famous poster of her with her problematic braids running down the beach? Yes, that's from the movie ten.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't even see one through nine Miles n.
Speaker 2: Daddy Pepper is checked in.
Speaker 1: That's doctor Pepper to you. Uh, Miles, No one's quitting and that is a problem.
Speaker 2: So this is a big problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like keeping the dialogue firmly in the voice of capital, like capital anytime the economy is struggling, anytime people unhappy. Wall Street Journal comes through and is like, how do we interpret money troubles And the people who run the businesses are happy to tell you it is our fault. It is the workers fuzz It's always they're doing something wrong. So first there was the great resignation. People don't want to work anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, they hate working here, and they're leaving because everybody your pastures. Fine, yeah, then signs.
Speaker 1: Then miles. They were quitting. They weren't even telling people all quiet, quiet quitting. They weren't even making noises while they quit. Who does that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, someone deeply disturbed? Does that me? A ceo?
Speaker 1: Fucks?
Speaker 2: He said? He said it?
Speaker 1: Uh, now now watch his drive. You know, CEOs out work the least of anybody. Like, once you hit that level, you're like, yeah, I have an assistant to deal with all.
Speaker 2: Your I've not typed on a physical keyboard in about thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to keep these thumbs loose for my.
Speaker 2: For counting all this cash exactly, for handing out hundreds to my homebooks and counting it. But like, and now we've inevitably reached the face. We are no one now the panic on the Wall Street journalist. No one is quitting.
Speaker 1: And they won't leave. Is wrong with these people? Wait are like it is we We've described this before, like this relationship between us and the powers that be the capital as like a toxic relationship with somebody who like you just can't please and they're just gonna like raise the prices and be like it's your fault. And you know, and this is a great example. They're like, you, too many people are quitting. You're quitting. You're not telling me you're not quitting. Yeah, what the fuck you want from us?
Speaker 2: Which one is it?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Again? To use the phrase again, is it Ucci Wally or is it one mic? It's both? Come on us here tell us, but I love again. The whole point of the Wall Street Journal is to soothe like business owners and like that class of people, to always like, it's not you, it's not you, guys, it's not us. It's not us, it's not it's fucking them. Use these fucking creeps out, these fucking wastoids. But yeah, they're saying like it's like just causing new headache, and say, turnover has declined so steeply at some large employers. The companies now find themselves over budget on certain teams, requiring leaders to weigh whether to postpone projects or to cut additional staff as the end of year approaches. Like they're trying to make it be like, yo, if y'all get laid off, it's because y'all weren't quitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then this it is a little bit helpful in the sense that they're like, so we've got to turn to our HR departments who are just gonna make people's lives shitty round, yeah, like give them bad performance reviews and make sure they don't get raises.
Speaker 2: And it's cloud how they even print that in the thing where they're like, like, when they can't get rid of like get rid of people, they have other tactics.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: In periods of low turnover, veteran HR leaders say they typically follow a different playbook before resorting to job cuts. When too few employees leave, companies will often get tougher in performance appraisals, pushing employees to quit cast to be another alternative. During periods of electrician companies tend to offer incentives such as buyouts to motivate them to kick fucking rocks cool. The author of this is a guy named Chip Cutter. Chip Cutter that sounds like a sentient boat.
Speaker 1: Shoe chip like very very like I'm just picturing freckles and a blonde little crew cut. And then Cutter is the name of a fucking sailboat, like I'm actually picturing a white gloat. I'm picturing an actual machine in a technology factory. Line where it's actually cutting micro chips and it's not even a person's like, it's the chip cutter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wrote the articles.
Speaker 1: Had a baby, a yeah, a white guy sailboat and a piece of technology that cut micro chips a baby and created the most efficient vessel of capitalism of all time. Well, great work, chip cutter. Let's take a quick break and then we're gonna come back and talk about a working class hero. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and with the CEOs the heads of companies, uh not just being like you can't quit, You better not fucking quit. Better tell us when you do quit, and you better quit okay, Like, uh, we we need some we need somebody who's still looking out for us. And it's Taco Bell baby.
Speaker 2: Wait us and yeah, we we love we love the Bell. Obviously no promo, but the I we'd be lying if we say we you don't like And this is interesting to hear, like how right now we've talked about this a lot on the show, about how fast food is just so expensive, Like.
Speaker 1: We didn't say it was cheap anymore, I know.
Speaker 2: And that used to be the thing where like, yo, where can I get fed. Back in my day, it was like where can I get apps to blow my stomach out for five bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not many places, no, And CNN reports Taco Bell they are continuing to get people through the door because unlike a lot of other places, they have not just been like just you know, sending the prices into the stratosphere like a few other people. You know, I haven't still got all the menu items.
Speaker 1: It feels weird to be like rooting for old, old fashioned capitalism, but like that's what this I feel like, this is the good feeling that I get from this is like, yeah, isn't this how it's supposed to work? Like the thing that was supposed to work about capitalism is that like when all the other companies raise their prices and this one doesn't, people will just go to that company and the other companies will lose money, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, But they're looking around there like wall y'all raising your prices too, Okay, all right, all right, well let's call it inflation. Let's call it inflation. It's called supply chain.
Speaker 1: In the current version of capitalism, it seems like the move is raise your prices until people can't afford it. Then they will just less and less. Post a sign outside your thing that says thanks a lot, Biden, and then profit somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I don't know. I don't know, but yeah, it just says like it. It really is like when you apparently they still have steady growth, but not quite the same because look, I'm not gonna I've seen the prices go up at Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're going up, but not the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't make my hat blow off like when I'm in the drive through with other places.
Speaker 1: That's funny because my hat spins around when I'm in the drive mine starts spinning around on my head goes.
Speaker 2: It starts, it starts vibrating on top like this, and then it just flies away. They're like, sir, the wind. I'm like, no, that's just we couldn't believe the prices here at Wendy's.
Speaker 1: We got yeah, but they I mean five dollars meal is still still a deal. Baby that you can find a Taco Bell. Not very many other places, so shout out the bell.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird. I'm like, I remember when we were like off Micron talking about this. It's the five dollars used to be like the standard.
Speaker 1: Yeahs was my max.
Speaker 2: You got to be able to eat for five bucks, and the fact that like we're now it's it's an afterthought.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's over. It's over for all of us. Hose elon Musk's it. Oh yeah, uh? I feel like, all right, so he.
Speaker 2: Created rock or groke or grunk what are we calling it?
Speaker 1: One carel right. He made a lot of noise in the lead up to unveiling this, being like the currents are actually too woke and censored, and I feel like the thing that he has unveiled is like all right, so we'll just give an example. But like basically it's the person who you know who thinks it's clever to call taco bell taco hell right, right? Like that that is the equivalent of like the okay, get ready to be offended squares He's got all right. So in one example that Musk shared, someone asked rock Ai how to know if they have crabs and asked it to be more vulgar and grock a I responded, well, it sounds like you've got a case of the old itchy Kuchi. If you want to find out if you've got crabs, you'll probably notice a bunch of little fuckers crawling around your pubes and it'll feel like you're crotch tool man.
Speaker 2: Fucking this is so funny there, uh when it says like there's another example right where someone asks, dude, it's like a.
Speaker 1: Fucking fourth grader doing a mad lib. Yeah yeah, but impresses this person who has more power than anyone in the world.
Speaker 2: On another AI thing that I've used, So, someone asked Groork of how babies are made. Just as a baseline, I asked, like, bing AI, it's just like saying like numbers of ways, like sexual intercourse and you know, IVF kind of things. Is what it just sort of like gave us when you ask Gork what the fuck it does? I asked Gork how babies are made? Quote, oh, dear human, you're in for a treat. Babies are made through a magical process called fucking. It all starts with a man and a woman who love each other very much just happened to be in the same room at the right time. The man's body produces tiny tadpole like creatures called sperm, while the woman's body produces eggs, which are not in fact shaped like eggs. When the man and woman engage in a special head about that I don't know, special hut called baby making. The sperm swim their way through the woman's body until they find an egg. It's like a tiny microscopic version of the Amazing race. Once the sperm finds an egg, they join together in a process called fertilization. Why even bother to even say things like sperm egg and for like this isn't usable.
Speaker 1: But it also sounds like they are like get together. And he's like, all right, I'm gonna produce some sperm now, and my body's going to produce some eggs.
Speaker 2: Ye and oh I know, like what, I'm sorry? How do you make a baby's egg? So I masturbate onto a plate. I say, I'm making some sperms.
Speaker 1: And then you just like focus really hard and get your eggs going, get get your eggs going, and then sit.
Speaker 2: On the plate and I think we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, well yeah is pretty cool. Hey, speaking of pretty cool and visionary, Jared Leto was climbing the Empire State Building this morning.
Speaker 2: What yeah, this picture is so stupid. He's like, it looks like it's so weird. It looks like Tom Cruise costplaying as Jared Leto because this is very Tom Cruise, I mean Tom Cruise behavior. Climbing whatever he did.
Speaker 1: He's a rock climber in his spare time when he's not like, you know, eating his cult. And he's now the first person ever to legally climb to the top of the Empire State Building. He did not start on the first floor. He uh that just.
Speaker 2: F yi, wait where do you start?
Speaker 1: Uh? Like, I I don't think, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Can call that climbing it, dude, this is like that's not as impressive if you can just get off like in the It's like it's like running through the middle of a marathon course and being like, yeah, I started like at like mile twenty three.
Speaker 1: It's really high though. It's really high up there, and he was like, is so hard? It was like a real dude, I don't think he started from the ground. Maybe he did. Well.
Speaker 2: This is great because when he was promoting, you know, because this is all because thirty seconds to Xenu or whatever is going on tour, he tried to like he was like telling people what he did, and he turned into Jeb Bush suddenly because nobody was like thinking it was cool oh you got You've got an exciting announcement for us out you have an exciting announcement for us about the band. I do the tour.
Speaker 1: Yes, the tour, the world tour. It's called Seasons the World Tour twenty twenty four. We are going on tour. Yeah, turns to the audience and gives them the like hands, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Come on. Yeah all right, Well at least he climbed the time wherever you did? Would you climb? Are you interested in that kind of ship like climb?
Speaker 1: Actually that'd be fun. Yeah, I would climb.
Speaker 2: Well, what would you climb? If you could climb something?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm also interested in following in Jared's footsteps, so I would I'm only something that he has already climbed because I don't want to stand any taller than him.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's humble.
Speaker 1: You're a humble leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, so that that went left?
Speaker 1: Are you? Yeah? I'm like how older I get actually, like the more into like weird ship like this where I'm like, yeah, man, i'd fucking.
Speaker 2: I just hate heights. So like, I'm absolutely not interested in climbing on the side of a building, like even going like an observation decks. I'm like, okay, fine, like I don't you know, too tall, too tall?
Speaker 1: This sucks. Start to start giving it pans while you're up there. But this isn't even cruel. Yeah, sunrise looks like shit, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I yeah what even You're not going to catch me doing that. Not going to catch me doing that. But you know what, I'll leave that to Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Finally, Uh, there's this New York Times article that uh bummed me out, and I wanted to make sure that everybody knew about it.
Speaker 2: It is written by has nothing to do with Palestine, and it doesn't know Wow the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Now they're just like, come on, let's move that along. Well, why are we still talking about this? Jesus there. The article is about jen Alpha and it goes through and like interviews a bunch of like each to thirteen year olds and is just like, okay, so what does this slang term mean? And like some of them don't even know what it like what they're talking about? Like what so they say, uh like guyacht? Oh like yacht that's a well no it's not miles, it's thirteen year old eighth grader in Pennsylvania slang no no way to say it. It's just a word for a big butt gyacht.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's like saying yacht with a G at the beginning is how it's described. Several other new words have become part of this generation's vernacular, and six members of jen Alpha offered their decoding services for this article. Their parents gave their permission for them to be interviewed, with the agreement that their last names would not be used.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Many of the children cited a catchy parody song making the Rounds on TikTok as a key to the slang's rising popularity. The lyrics go like this, sticking out your yacht for the rizzler. You're so scibity, you are so phantom. Tax I just want to be your sigma. A rizzler is a good person, according to Malcolm, a ten year old in Washington State, So having Riz first of all, that's not true, like Riz. Yeah, anyways, like a rizzler is a good person.
Speaker 2: The riddler. They mean it just so funny because they're basically there. It's like it's like African American vernacular, English hits young people or like pop culture and then gets filtered through the generation above them, and then they're like, here's our answer. Yeah, it's very interesting, but I guess this is how language works.
Speaker 1: Then they're like really confounded by skibbity, which is like from skibity toilet that is like viral videos. And but they they literally print this like this is a paragraph of New York Times article I don't like, Tarik eight said of the series. It creeps me out every time I go to the toilet. I just want to get it quick done. Tarik, who lives in New York State and is known online corn Kid, said he was not familiar with the other terms.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm cool. Why are they what?
Speaker 1: What's with this?
Speaker 2: Like? I don't know. I mean, like, granted, we we like talk about this stuff, but this like weird New York Times, like the New York Times devoting energy into talking to children and being like, explain yourself.
Speaker 1: You guys are so fucking cool, you like.
Speaker 2: The guys are on TikTok. Are you right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool. Could I like pay you? I guess that would be child employment? Could I like interview you for this article? And they're like, I don't know what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Like it literally, why my child? Why talking to my child? With the New York Times.
Speaker 1: With the New York Times, I'm asking your child what gat means?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry talking about like sir, get away from my kids.
Speaker 1: Get away from my eight year old child. You creep. Anyways, Wow, this article by Chip Cutter, Sha son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: You fed us now.
Speaker 1: It's by Madison Malone Kircher, who writes about young people stuff for The New York Times. Her last articles, like's on the Dedicated Reporter, faces swift criticism, a YouTube gossip spills a secret of her own. Oh cool, do all the shoulder shimmy on that one? Anyways, those are some of the things that are trending. We're back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy. We will talk to you all tomorrow. Fight bite