Speaker 1: Welcome tobous the territory, ladies and gentlemen. I'm a little tired. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little exhausted. My brains scrambled, my brain is fried. I can't feel my face a little bit. It's been a long day. I haven't even eaten yet, I've had I finally finished my coffee that I had this morning. And it's been a long day. But it was an exciting one for the Red Sox. We were all on the edge of our seats. We were all waiting for a big move. You felt it. You felt like it was gonna happen at some point. You just with everything that's happened here over the last month, everything, you know, the completely turning around the season, the fifteen game win streak, winning just how many how many series at this point? Was it eight straight series wins or something like that. I can't remember. I can't remember anything. My brain is completely cooked. But obviously this huge turnaround, and you felt like, especially after coming off a sweep of the La Dodgers, you had to do something here and not just go after a dust In May, not just go after a Danny Jansen. You needed to go do something big. You need to go do something impactful, and Holy cal he did that here today, getting Adley Rushman, one of my favorite players in the game for a while. I've always been a big fan of Adli. I was very down when the bat went down for a little bit. He started regressing a little bit, but always, in my opinion, just one of the most solid catchers in the game going over the last five years. And that bat started picking up more this year, started getting it back on track this year. The defense was still great, but you kept hearing about Adley popping up in these trade rumors, and I kept saying time and time again, there's no way the Orioles trade him, right, There's no way, And if they do, they're not going to trade him in division, right, There's no way. And by golly, it actually happened, and by golly, it was with the team that I've been rooting for for all these years. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. We saw the initial reports, Jared Carrobas first on it, and I'm thinking, I'm still I was still processing it until I actually saw it, until I actually saw a pass and put it out there that it was a done deal. I just couldn't believe it up to that point, and when it actually happened, I'm like, oh my god, it's actually happening. Adley Rushman, I'll say it right off the bat absolutely loved this edition of Adley Rushman, especially because he has been able to get the bat on track. He ran into a little while there where Holy cow, he just couldn't figure out what to do with the plate. The numbers completely went down. You know, a guy that was still getting on base well still, you know, with ADLEI you know, the first couple of years he had in the major leagues, he was looking like he was turning into, you know, one of the next faces of the game. And then the second half of twenty twenty four, the back just took a turn for the worst. Still had nineteen home runs to end the year, but he wasn't getting on base as much. I mean, he had a three seventy four on base back in twenty twenty three, just to give some reference there. It gives some a comparison there, But then it went down to a three eighteen in twenty twenty four, went down to a three zero seven in twenty twenty five. You're thinking, holy cow, like, I mean, what has happened to Adley Rushman. Still was walking a good amount, still was keeping the strikeouts down, but something was just off. But he made some tweaks in the offseason and the numbers have gone back up, hitting two fifty one, three thirty one on base, four to thirty three on the slugging a one to fifteen WRC plus, but also still keeping up that amazing defense. Not quite back to where he was, but a guy that is getting closer to that status that he had as one of the top players in the game. And in the end, the Red Sox they needed another bat, they needed something else for this lineup in the end. You know, sure, a couple of down years, numbers still getting back up there, but a plate discipline machine at the end of the day, that's what you love. Especially you go back over the last few years or so, we've been so tired of the strikeouts, so tired of it. Was I open to, you know, taking on zach netto dealing with the strikeout so you can get that pop, that athleticism that is dealing with the frustrations. Yeah, you know what, because I was like, you know what I really want another bat. But you know what, I'd much rather all day, every day have a guy that has great plate discipline, and Adley absolutely brings that to the table. And you know why, I think obviously we know the status of a player that he is. But you know what else we've talked about this before you go back to the Curtis Mead trade, there are, believe it or not, there are actually some similarities with Curtis Meade and Adley Rutshman. Just a little bit. You might be thinking, Robbie, what are you talking about? What's going on? What do you mean? What are you talking about? Well, here's what I'm talking about. When it comes to the bat of ball profile along, you know, with him getting the swing back on track, what better home than the Boston Red Sox, who've done a great job at upping the eggs of ve Low, upping the bat speed adly. As you can see here, when it comes to the bat of ball metrics, he's right in the middle of the road. Either the Red Sox. They could tap into that a little bit, maybe make a couple of adjustments, don't change too much, but don't change too much, but try to tap into it a little bit. More. As you can see with the play discipline, chase percent ings, fifth percent, strikeout percentage, walk percentage all in the Reds, but the batted ball in the Blues. But with Adlely, try and up that a little bit, tap into a little bit more power, try to get him back to that twenty twenty five home run potential along with the great defense that he already brings to the table. And you also think about the fact that he's a switch hitter. Let's play with that green monster a little bit. You know, when he's going up against the lefties, let's tap into a little bit of that pole from the right side of the plate. He's a guy that when you're looking at the pole air percentage over on stat cast. Now, I'm gonna I could be wrong on this, but I think this is his ability to pull from either side of the plate. So a right handed pole swing at Fenway Park or a green monster when he goes up against those lefties, that's a nice fit. Yeah, lefty bat at Femway Park. You know, he maybe got to tap into a little bit more there to try and clear that deep right field. But with Adley, let me actually pull up these numbers really kick really quick at Femway Park. Hope everyone's doing well. Hope you all enjoyed the trade deadline here today. Hope you're all just doing well. I'm I am hanging on by a thread here, ladies and gentlemen. I am doing the best that I can over here. But let me pull up the numbers with ADLEI in his career at Femway Park, So taking me a look. I mean, obviously he's played a lot of games at Femway Park. The numbers have not been amazing at Fenway, hitting two thirty nine, three twenty six, on base three seventy two when it comes to the slugging six ninety seven ops overall, but has three home runs at Femway. So, I don't know, let's see you again, if they can tap into a couple of things, try to get the back going a little bit more with ADLEI. There's I think more to tap into you here and again. You think of just a switch hitter, right, you think of getting a switch hitting catcher. Well, I don't know if you all remember the name. Jason Veritek kinda kind of gives me some good memories. Now, is Adley Ruschman gonna be getting in any brawls with you know, like Veritech did with a Rod. I don't know about that. Adley seems like a very nice fellow, but obviously with ADLEI he brings I think a lot to the table. And yeah, he has been dealing with some injuries this year. He's on a rehab assignment, I believe right now, or he's at least about to go on one. We're gonna listen to Craig in a little bit. We do have some comments from Craig. We'll take a take a seat for a second, we'll sit back, and we'll listen to what Craig had to say about all this. But he did talk about Adley obviously talking about the timetable for a return. Now, the one talking point with this trade with Adley Rutchman was the trade itself. And listen, when I first saw the trade, ladies and gentlemen, I gasped, I think I did, if I remember correctly, I definitely felt like I gasped. Because as you can see here on the screen, you could be a fan of baseball trade values. You cannot be a fan of baseball trade values. I don't care what side of the coin you live on, but This was absolutely an overpay from the Red Sox point of view. I don't care what you believe on with trades, but yeah, you gave up a lot in this deal. Now, what I'm about to say is not me trying to sound like a biased Homer Red Sox fan. I guarantee someone who's gonna think I'm saying I'm trying to make this point, but I'm not. This is absolutely an overpay. But it's kind of one of those where when you look at every single player, going back to the Orioles, you can find a justification with every single one. Ironson, that one stings because obviously he's broken out, just made it to the futures game not too long ago. He's looked really good. He's had a good swinging admissibility. I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. With Anthony, iinsim he's been fantastic. I mean, looking at the numbers here, he's had good v low, good breaking stuff, good off speed. I mean, the guys look great overall this year. Twelve strikeouts per nine, a little over three walks per nine now in the tens. In the eleven games that he's pitched at double A, that command has lessened a little bit. His walk rate did jump to over four walks per nine, so that is something to keep in mind. Now, the strikeouts came down a little bit too, but they were still looking really good. At a per nine, Era was at a one point six' nine at double A fip was at a three point three to. One obviously a very good pitching. PROSPECT i mean you look at the eye. Test he's been getting a lot of swing and, miss very repeatable. Delivery stuff looks, Good Anthony, iinson looking like the real. Deal that one, stings that one does. Sting so but the justification, is like the old saying, goes if you want to get something, good you got to give up something. Good Anthony. Iinson that was, tough but you could at least justify. It next, Up. Carlosnirvias we've talked About carlosnirvias on this show for a. While we've talked about it for quite a. While graham and the, chat Oh, man that is a bad, take my, friend that is a bad. Take Painfully, WELL i don't know what you're talking, about BUT i. Disagree the numbers speak for. Themselves Carlos, Nervias, definitely we've talked about him a. Bit we've talked about him a. Bit it's been. Weird, Right you go back to the. Offseason you go, back obviously coming off A rookie of The year caliber, SEASON i believe six overall In rookie of The year, voting and you're, thinking why are they going After Kyle, Teel why are they going after j t Rel? Mute like why are these names coming up for The Red, Sox Like nervas just had a good, Season, Yeah, graham and the chat TO i don't know why we're looking at batting, average my. Friend there's a lot more of the game of baseball in twenty twenty six than batting, average a lot more than. That but With carlos den, bias it's kind of one of those things where you just kind of, thought, like why why are they looking at other? Catchers it just never it just never really made sense to. Me but you kind of think back now and you just felt that there was something going on THAT i don't, know just, say we don't know the full, answer like what you? Know and you go back to the beginning of the, season, right he ended up getting benched at one, point and like you're, like what is happening, Here so LIKE i don't, know and you think here obviously landing, adly but then also sending him. Back so it's just very. Interesting you, know lost his footing as a. Starter he really struggled with the. Bat it's, LIKE i don't, know like for some, reason you, know well for a couple of, reasons, right But rarvas lost his footing as a. Starter but in the end you can justify sending him back in this kind of a deal because if you're getting Back adley's great, defense you didn't Need narvas, anymore you, know and like that that's not a knock on, him but Like adley is a great defender behind the, plate he's going to give you a lot of, value a lot of. Value So, nirvas you didn't really need that. Anymore and for The, orioles, hey they get themselves a very high floor catcher for the next few. Years So Carlos, dervias in my, opinion was, expendable AND i had brought him up over the last few weeks or, so is LIKE i wonder if they could send him, back you, KNOW i REMEMBER i talked about With Hunter. GOODMAN i remember proposing a mock trade at one, Point i'm, like could you send back nervas in this? Deal, yeah so that ended up happening Here Tyson. Witherspoon moving on to, him, now if we were to take a look at these. Numbers you, Know, witherspoon obviously he had the first round draft pick status tied. Him he was rumored to go even in the top ten at one. Point The Red sox ended up getting him at number fifteen. Overall and you, know this is a guy with pretty good, velo good breaking, stuff has some good off speed as. Well he had a whole bunch of different pictures that he could play, with a good cutter on top of, that but for some reason it just wasn't fully working in the lower levels of the minor. Leagues like he had decent strikeout, numbers but the command was a little. Off four walks per, nine you, Know elra close to a, five fit close to a. Five so you know you're looking all, right, well not off to a good start in His Red sox, career and you kind of think that now might be the time before he gets even further removed from having that first round draft pick, Status now might be the time to move on before you potentially let it go any, lower so you can justify. Him this is where it gets a Little if you love prospects out, there this is where it gets a little Dicey endy as A, Car andy as A car was a guy that really broke out for The Red sox this. YEAR i mean the guy was looking LIKE i, mean first, off what a great, Name, Dy that just sounds like a Guy Red sox fans could root four years to. Come and he was putting up some great numbers BETWEEN a and HIGH a hitting two eighty, six three forty one on, bass five point forty on the slugging eighteen home, runs eleven stolen bases at only nineteen years. Old so if you like, prospects this is a guy for. You and On fangraphs he was actually In fangraft's top one hundred. Prospects so this was WHERE i was, like, ooh, like you, know, yeah maybe you took a bit of a gut puncture irons and oh. Nerbias, okay all, right Fine, Witherspoon yeah you know you'd like to be able to tap into that. Potential, Okay, ah But, andy whoa. Man he looked really. Good he has put up some good. Numbers, man there's. Potential but the justification here is that he's really far away and you and at the end of the, day you just never. Know with, prospects especially the ones that are far. AWAY i can't think of an example off the top of my head right, now BUT i know there's been a couple where they looked really good at a ball and then they get to DOUBLE a and TRIPLE a and then things just go. South so you, know you never know at the end of the. Day i'm not saying that's gonna happen with, him but you just never. Know granted, though value, wise, sure you of course prospects are always going to have the. Risk but value, wise because of the good season that he's, having because of the good scouting reports that he's, gotten he had good. Value now with these four players that you sent, back you can make a justification for all of. Them from my point of, view surplus value, WISE i believe this was a massive, overpay huge surplus value, wise not thinking about it from an emotional point of, view not thinking about it from even just you, know just a baseball player point of. View When i'm thinking of pure, value this was a big, overpay BUT i don't mind. It even that might sound Like i'm. Coping it might MAYBE i am. COPING i don't, know BUT i am always someone that likes to spend. Wisely you, know even out there WHEN i go to the grocery, STORE i don't like THE i don't like the price of that too. MUCH i don't think that's really worth. That i'm Gonna i'm gonna go put that. Back but with trades, too you, know When i'm putting Together mott, trades you, KNOW i think about these kind of things AND i just feel like you really gave up a lot. Here but then there's a justification for that as. Well two. Justifications, one you needed to go get someone you. Needed you needed one more, Guy you needed something you. Need you needed this team with how hard they've been, playing you felt like they needed another. Bat you needed to make an, addition you needed to go get aggressive. It and you needed to go land a. Dude you got the. Dude another, justification we had heard The yankees were jumping in. On The yankees were making a play For Adlee. Rushman first, off it's just crazy that The. ORIOLES i still can't believe they traded, Him and second of, ALL i can't believe they traded him in, Division AND i was saying, That i'm, like, man there's no way they trade them to The, yankees, Right there's no way because The, orioles you think about, it it's not like they're twenty games under five hundred and ten games out of a postseason. Spot they're right there for a wildcard. Spot but obviously something with you, know In Oriols, land they weren't convinced that it wasn't it wasn't gonna get. Better SO i don't, Know So i'm, Thinking, okay, Man yankees are gonna make a play for. Him. Okay so the justification right there is you got to beat out not just another, team but another team in your. Division but not just another team in your, division another team that is near the top of The American. League so not only are you trying to beat out that, team but you're also trying to prevent that team from getting that good. Player so if you run under them in the, postseason possibly you know what that good player, making you regret. It so there are a lot of justifications and. Schules New york backed out bad. Medicals, WELL i don't. Know he's going on a rehab. Assignment, NOW i never found that. Report where was that? REPORT i never actually saw That yankee from the medical. REPORT i tried looking around for, it BUT i couldn't find. It did anyone have That Adly? Yankee let me? See Brian cashman said The yankees grinded through the catching market and had many conversations With baltimore About Adley. Rutschman we were unable to meet the, price so they did their business elsewhere. THERE i guess there were a couple outlets about the, medicals but never saw like an official. REPORT i don't, know never saw like an official report on that. THERE i saw a couple of outlets mentioning, it but never any of the big. Reporters either, way if the medicals were, concerned they were still trying to get. Them at the end of the, day they're obviously that report right there that was from this was From Brian, hoak WHO i believe is a very Reputable yankee. Source so, hey if The yankees were trying for him in the, end you got to try and beat them. Out and who, knows maybe The yankees were were also offering a monster package and you had to go beat that, out, Right SO i don't, KNOW i don't. Know either, way you didn't want The yankees to get. Them whether they were concerned with medicals or, not they were still interested in getting the. Player so you had to find a way to beat them. Out and you, KNOW i kind of wonder Was. Endy Was endy the guy that you end up adding to this deal to get a deal? DONE i don't. KNOW i wonder kind of what was the tipping, Point like was it ainsid R bias And witherspoon and then you're, like all, right we'll give You indy. NOW i will SAY i did see a report earlier in the day that That Elmer Rodriguez cruz was being talked about from The yankees' point of, view from The yankee side For. Rutshmen so The Red sox they had the advantage there With, yanson who is a higher ranking pitching, prospect and so it's, LIKE i don't, KNOW i kind of just feel, like do The Red, sox like what part of this did they get? AGGRESSIVE i would like to Think i'm not going to confirm that or, anything but you kind of wonder where they, like all, right you know what we'll give you, endy let's do the. Deal SO i don't know either, way no matter how you slice, it this is a massive, overpay absolutely is no question about. It but it's one of those only time will. Tell is that going to come back to bite The Red sox in the. End right? NOW i think with what you have in front of, you you have a shot to really make a run this, year but then you also have that strong core in place to go for it again next year as, well and you GOT adlei in the. Fold to, me, Yeah like it's one of those where it's, like, oh like, wow that is a that's a lot to give, Up But i'm still okay with. It it's weird right. Now it's LIKE i try not to let the numbers get too. Much like of COURSE i mainly focus on, numbers BUT i also, think, like was the juice worth the? SQUEEZE i do feel like it is here and with The Red sox when it comes to their player development and, scouting the ability to bring in good, talent especially, internationally and they've done, well you know when it comes to, that right exam another example being Justin. Gonzales you know they've done well in that, Department franklinarius, obviously SO i believe in The Red sox ability to be able to replenish that farm system over. Time and Obviously witherspoon aronsen another justification forgetting for moving on from these pitching, prospects you already have a a lot of pitching that is Major league ready and also a lot of it cost controlled young even getting even moving on From connolly, early you still Got Peyton totley And Jake. Bennett you Got suarez signed, up you Got crochet signed, up you got guys coming back. Here you got you, know let's see How Tanner houck is when he comes, back but you know he's gonna be back here. Eventually so there's a lot of, guys you, know and may if you've got to make another move in the off, season then you, know so be. It but you had a lot of. Pitching, again it sounds like Maybe i'm, Coping BUT i feel like while the overall package is, BIG i feel like you can justify every. Part trust, Me i'd rather Keep i'd rather Keep, endy you, know and and have him grow more into this pharmacist them and see, him you, know turn into his you, know a great player in the next couple of. Years but with what you have right, Now like you take a look at The Milwaukee, brewers Right, like take a look at The. Brewers you, know they had an opportunity to go Get trek Schoobl did they do? It, No, like despite being a great, team very good, team well, managed good talented, players but they don't go make a move and like they. Go you, know they ended up Getting Dustin may this, year while he is a lot. Better you make a couple of. Moves is that going to? Be you, know in the postseason the cream rises to the, top Is Dustin may gonna put them over the? EDGE i don't. Know and that's not a knock on The. Brewers i'm just saying it's they didn't want to swing. Big actually they give up a couple of pretty good prospects in That Dustin may deal very far. Away BUT i don't. KNOW i just feel like The Red sox they needed to swing big. Year they addressed a position of need to. Upgrade they rank near the. BOTTOM i, mean you know you can sit here and, say oh the reds Oh, adlee you, know two fifty career batting. Average you, know, yeah you can you can look at all, that but if you're looking at it from a wins above replacement, standpoint he's on pace for a pretty solid. Year he's on pace for, uh right around a three and a half wins above, replacement and he's kind of starting to trend back up. Again there's another if you want to make another comparison to The Curtis mead. TRADE i forgot to mention that comparison. Earlier Where Curtis mead you can tap into a little bit more battered ball with, him who already had good plate. Discipline same thing With. Adley but another, thing It's mead was trending. Up, Well adley is kind of trending. Backup so, LIKE i don't know they wanted to go for a player like, THAT i don't, know but The Red sox they ran near the bottom when it came to catching fangraft wins above. Replacement they needed to make an upgrade. There and, hey you get a guy that's trending back, up who has a great track record outside of the last couple of, years a year and a half or, so AND i believe in The Red sox ability to get his back going a little bit more so overall the trade, itself without to wrap this up in one little simple, way the trade. Itself i'm gonna be. HONEST i wasn't a big fan of the trade, itself BUT i like the. PLAYER i hope that makes. Sense not a fan of the. TRADE i think it's actually a pretty bad trade from The Red sox point of, view but you get. IT i think a good player and a guy that's gonna be not just also a good, player but just a guy that's great in a, clubhouse good leader on the, field you. KNOW i think he brings a lot to the. Table it was a, lot BUT i think the juice was worth the, squeeze even though you had to squeeze quite a. Bit and, Also i'll say it one more, time he's not going to The. Yankees Adley rochman coming To. Boston you gotta love, it ladies and, gentlemen you gotta love. It really. Quick i'm gonna take a quick. Breather i'm gonna grab a simple, water but we have a message from one of our. Sponsors we'll be right.
Speaker 2: Back it's the, SUMMERTIME aj and this is a time to feel free wild make some phone calls that you're overdue for and also get some deals that you should be getting that you.
Speaker 3: Deserve, yeah it couldn't be any easier. Though it's just one price for unlimited, talk text and. Data it's really. Simple it is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per.
Speaker 1: Month it's, simple that's.
Speaker 2: Right all of mint mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer, sale even. Unlimited to get your new wireless plan for fifteen bucks a, month go to mintmobile dot com slash. Territory that's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a. Month that's. It there's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three, months ninety dollars for six, months or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve. Months plan required fifteen bucks per, month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is. Busy includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device, required, availability speed and coverage farries see mintmobile dot.
Speaker 1: Com, alrighty let's get back to. It that's not the right screen we didn't have a game here, tonight But adley coming To. Boston you gotta love. It you gotta love. It AND i did see a comment in the. CHAT i want to actually make SURE i address, This chris of the. Chat you're trying to justify the. Overpay it's not Necessarily i'm justified the, overpay but it's more like the individual parts of the. Trade you kind you can kind of make a case for, it like it's still an overpaid it's a terrible. Trade it's not a good. Trade but from a winning, perspective from a adding a good player, perspective from beating out a division rival, perspective you can make that case not a good, trade you. Know but that's where you had to get. Aggressive you had to beat out other. Teams and it is what it, is you. Know and, also you, know a part of me feels a bit more at ease about it BECAUSE i do believe in The Red sox player, development AND i believe in their, scouting AND i believe in them being able to replenish that over. Time and and also you're giving up a lot of, pitching Right, well who is the guy that just brought in this Pitching Anthony ayensen And Kyson, witherspoon the guy that just made the trade For. Adley SO i believe In craig's ability to find more pitching in the future in future. Drafts you've got to, remember we just had a draft AND i felt like they added some pretty good players. There, NOW i wonder if that also came into play a little. Bit you, know you, added, like, yeah you're giving up a good prospect And, endy but you're bringing a guy Like Jake schaffner out Of North carolina who's also very, athletic who also has a good hit, tool has the ability to play some outfield if you needed. To so it's, LIKE i kind of wonder if the picks that they had just made maybe came into. Play you, know obviously it's nice to have a un, prospects, right BUT i wonder if they're, like you, know, well, okay we picked up a couple of these. Guys, oh it's gonna be tough to get rid of, him but we we can figure this. OUT i wonder if that came into. PLAY i don't, know or Maybe i'm just. Delusional that's possible as. Well moving on From, adley, AGAIN i like the Move Marcelo. Meyer Marcelo. Meyer that is Not Marcelo. Meyer that Is Hunter. Goodman hold on a, second we got we, gotta we gotta change. That, goodness, gracious that's Not Marcelo. Meyer this Is Marcelo. Meyer let's go, here there we. Go No Hunter goodman. HERE i didn't realize that Was Hunter goodman on the, screen But Marcelo meyer going to The San Francisco. Giants this was kind of another one WHERE i was Very WHEN i first saw the, TRADE i, thought, okay, wow like that's another like the return is pretty underwhelming. Here i'll get To Eric miller in just a. Second WHO i do like by the WAY i see you in the Chat raphael for, CALL i, agree And i'm gonna get to WHY i like the addition of. Him but you all know WHERE i come. From i'm a nerd with this. Stuff. Value i've probably said that word like a million. Times but when you think About Marcelo, meyer obviously he lost his footing in The boston, organization had some issues with swing and, miss had, constant constant. INJURIES i don't, know something like just never felt right behind the, scenes like one example Being Alex kora just never, LIKE i don't, know never really warmed up to. Him there was always like this weird sort of friction going back to spring, training AND i don't, know it was just, LIKE i don't, know there was always something just iffy in the. AIR i can never put my finger on. It but you, KNOW i go. Back i've told you all this a million. TIMES i was told When meyer was within the minor league system there were questions about him getting into the weight room and you, know putting that work in and uh, SO i don't, know LIKE i always, wondered, like was there like this kind of some kind of a weird. Perception i'm not sure what it. Was i'm not, sure but obviously like he lost his footing in The Red sox, organization especially after getting hurt. There now you felt like you were kind of time was ticking On Marcella. Meyer and we had heard, him you, know popping up in rumors going back to the off. Season you, know, so oh my, Goodness luke. Subscribe, nope like and Subscribe Long, day ladies and, Gentlemen Long. Day But Marcella meyer definitely lost his footing a little. BIT i do Think San francisco is going to be a better home for him BECAUSE i think it kind of brings those expectations down a little. Bit With, boston you, know as they're you, know coming up through the, organization Right Roman, Meyer Christian, CAMPBELL a lot of expectations were, happening and With meyer when he wasn't fully hitting even minimal expectations in the, beginning you felt like the pressure was, increasing and then there were, injuries and it just the pressure just kept. Mounting SO i feel Like San, francisco with how bad of a season they've, had they're gonna be going through a reset. HERE i think that's gonna be a better opportunity for a moving. Forward it's gonna be interesting where he fits in long term because they Got Willie damas at, short so Could meyer play? Third could he play second at some? Point do they move A damas at some? Point so that's going to be interesting to see how that plays out. Now value, wise, though while there are a lot of, negatives and while he has had, injuries he's obviously struggled with the, bat he still has that status of being a top fifteen prospect that doesn't happen by accident that they're not going to be putting these guys that high in prospect rankings for. Giggles you know they're not doing it for. Fun there's a reason this guy ranks so high because there is a lot of. Talent there is a lot of upside on both sides of the, ball playing a high value position. Shortstop teams build around. Shortstops why do you think they take so many shortstops and drafts because they build around? Them So, Meyern, well, yes a lot of negatives there along with the five years of, control there was still a good amount of surplus. THERE i felt. Personally WHILE i Like Eric miller a, Lot i'm very happy to get. Him and you've all heard. Me you have all heard me over how how many weeks Now i've been saying, this going back to the, OFFSEASON i felt like you needed a high leverage, lefty someone that can come in and just shut it down a little. Bit not a Rolldist chapman, necessarily but just a good lefty near the back end of the. Bullpen And Eric, Miller holy, cow this guy is gonna be. Fun. Hm he might give you a heart attack a little bit. Too but if we're taking a look at the stat, cast a lot of. Red he's gonna give you a ton of e. Low he's gonna come at you with a good amount of. Sinkers he's gonna come at you with some. Sliders he's basically a sinker slider. Guy he's got good. Stuff he's gonna get a lot of swing and miss in, zone get a lot of. Strikeout it's not gonna get a lot of guys to, chase believe it or. Not but his stuff is that good to where he can get guys to swing and miss in. Zone he's gonna a lot of ground, balls a lot of weak. Contact this is where the heart attack comes. In, though as you can see, here he is in the first percentile with his walk. Percentage he's walking over six batters per nine this, Year so that is a little a little. Concerning now he can work around, that nothing nothing wrong with. That he can use the stuff that he's. Got he can has the strikeout ability to kind of work around that a little. Bit and obviously he's been posting good. Numbers if you take a look, here E ahl right at two point seven to, Six fipp is like a smidge. Higher the guy's a really good reliever out of the. Bullpen but when you are comparing surplus, value it's just like, Wow like he's a reliever at the end of he does have a few years of, control so that's a nice thing. Too but relievers are just not going to have much ceiling when it comes to wins above. Replacement it's just how it. Is meyer he gives you more ceiling, there even with the downsides you might see, here like twenty eight million For, meyer it was a lot higher a little while. Ago it was like in the the fifty to sixty. Range a little bit. Ago he's come down to around the twenty five to thirty. Range so you have to just keep that in. Mind SO i, thought, personally but then, again you got to play with the market and With. Meyer you Know arius, rising you kind of felt Like meyer just he lost his, way he lost his place in the. Organization you, know story coming. Back that's a different conversation With, arius with whatever happens. There but obviously they've been getting guys stepping up for Them Shang, monasterio you. Know so it's Like meyer's, hurt but when he came, back, like you, know how do you fit him back in at this? Point, Yeah LIKE i understood that part that, yeah maybe didn't have a lot of, leverage and you, know so this was obviously the. UH i, mean who knows what other offers are out, there but on, paper this was the best deal The Red sox could. Get AM i a fan of, this of the the trade, itself not really from a numbers point of, view BUT i understand it if that makes Sense Eric. Miller at the end of the, day that's a. Night that's a really good, get really good. Get and, Yes Mysstic, SUMMER i completely. Agree they also got a decent prospect here In Carlos. Gutierrez he's a bit, undersized a bit, undersized BUT i actually think think this is a pretty underrated edition. Here he's got a good hit, tool he's got. Speed so far in the, year his batting average has really come down since going To HIGH. A he hit three point fifty one at a ball last year At HIGH. A this year he's hitting two seventy. One but he's getting on base at a three eighty five. Clip he's slugging four forty one a one to twenty FOUR wrc plus nine home runs twenty six dolen. Bases, now he's a little undersized at five foot, nine but a guy with a good hit, tool has some athleticism. There what IF i said a million times about The Red sox player, development maybe try and get a bit more out of that batter ball. Profile maybe they could tap into a little bit. More how much? More not so, sure because you know he's, undersized he's five to. Nine but, Hey madroy ended up being a really good player IF i remember. Correctly but, Anyway Carlos GUTIERREZ i think was that was a nice addition to this. Trade WHEN i saw Just Eric, Miller i'm, like there has to be more than. That, like they can't just be a. Reliever can't just be a. Reliever so WHEN i saw the addition Of, GUTIEIRAS i was, like, okay all, right that makes it a little. Better it's still at overpay from The Red sox point of, view but again you kind of understand the. Circumstances SO i get it in the, end, though to get a guy Like Eric, miller who's gonna be just nasty coming, out you, know and especially in these like high leverage spots like coming at you pumping V lo going, lefty, lefty he's gonna be really nice to. Have, yeah he might might give you a heart attack a little bit walking bators left and. Right but he's really gonna be a weapon for. You and you don't just have him for this, year you have him for next, year the year after, that and the year after. That SO i can get on board with. That so, overall you, know the trade, ITSELF i thought it wasn't like a great trade on, paper but when considering, circumstances when just thinking about it from again a baseball player team situation point of, view, Yeah i'm fine with. It you know, WHAT i have liked more to, get you, know for considering Where meyer was not too long, ago top fifteen. Prospect, yeah of COURSE i feel like you should have gotten. More But i'm okay with Getting. Miller and Hopefully Carlos gutierrez can turn into something in the minor leagues and that can kind of make you forget about how much Potential meyer. HAD i Think Carlos goudieires is a high floor kind of a. Prospect so, again ONCE i saw that in, there ONCE i saw him get, included that did make me feel better about, it not, fully but. Better so in the, End Marcella, meyer you, know unfortunate that he wasn't able to figure it out In, boston BUT i do hope he figures it out In San. Francisco and another thing too With, meyer you, know maybe that ends up being a good fit for a better fit for him, mentally you, know being from The West Coast originally he's going back out to The West. Coast so, AGAIN i think that's going to be a better fit for him long. Term, now we did have some other moves that have some other. Moves let's go through. Those Eli, white that was the blockbuster of the, Day ladies and. Gentlemen could you imagine if all they did was Get Eli? White, OH i think people would have lost It Eli. White but With Eli, white you, know he's gonna be a guy that comes off the. Bench he's gonna be a right handed. Bat but you, KNOW i think there's that's a guy that could end up possibly being a pretty nice hand for. You hold on a, second trying to pull this up. Here you, know he's not doing anything. Crazy you, know he's hitting two thirty three to eighty five on, bass he's a little bit of, pop he's got four zero six on the. Slugging but really you're bringing him in for defense and good base. Running he's a guy that's really fast as. Well he's only got four stolen bases this year in sixty nine, games but his sprint speed ranks really. Well so that's a GUY i think who could help you out a little bits, again be a good hand off of the, bench a guy that could definitely bring some value to the. Team SO i see you in the. Chat S. C. Gilmore Eli white has a zero point six and Then. Duran right, now that's kind of funny to think, about right Because duran obviously with the down. Year oh, WOW i actually Thought duran's f woar was a little. Higher, well that's actually pretty. Funny duran has a zero f wour But Eli white has a zero point six in sixty nine. Games, Interesting but, Anyway Eli, white that's a right handed bat they can put in, there you, know works his way. IN i think it was. Fine, Also Jake roger is coming along in The Adley retchman. Trade he's only got a couple of years of a couple of months of control. Left he's gonna be a free agent. Soon he's not, really he hasn't really done too much this. Year he was a guy a little while back with The. Tigers he was looking great, defensively really good, defensively and he had twenty one home runs back in twenty twenty. Three but you, know this, year there's just not really anything going. On he's got AN ops under six ops under six hundred sixty ONE wrc. Plus even his defense has kind of falling. OFF i think he's had a couple of. Injuries BUT i kind of just wonder When adley ends up coming off THE, il, LIKE i, mean you already Got, wong so, LIKE i don't know where Does rogers work into the mix, there so also mixed mystic. Summer thank you for pointing that. OUT i forgot to mention that With Eli, white that is going to be interesting because, obviously being a right handed hitting, outfielder are gonna have him And Jami. JONES i think that's something to pay attention to a little bit Because Jamai jones has been hitting really, well so something to pay attention. TO i Mean, jones he's been hitting really, well really. Well SO i don't, KNOW i wonder which way they go. There white is going to be the better, defender SO i kind of wonder if that's where The Red sox are gonna go and then you, know you stick with your you stick with the guys Like romea and and so guard off the. Bench all, right interesting to see how that all plays out extra and, yeah where where Is white gonna play? Again it's gonna be is he taking that role eventually Of Jamai? Jones but, again he's been hitting great and he's giving you that pop from the right. Side SO i don't, know could like COULD i don't, KNOW i actually don't know the answer to. That that's that's a very good. Question and, YEAH T, perk that's that's an option as. Well With Eli, white, Well Eli white has no options. Left that's something to think. About and With Jamai, jones he has no options left as. Well so you, know could that be you, know LIKE dfa and then maybe accept like a minor league, assignment you, know something like. That so, yeah Sc Gilmore jones is a D. H he's a pink shit bat that looks more locked in than roll. Me, yeah you kind of. Wonder, yeah It's i'm interested to see how they work out the bench. Eventually something to pay attention to over the next couple over the next, week especially When adley comes back and then they got to kind, of you, know kind of reshuffle some. Things we will, see we will, see but, uh we do have some comments from we are going to take a listen to.
Speaker 4: It let's take a look. Here what did Mister Craig breslow have to say here.
Speaker 1: Today i'm gonna thank Mister Tyler milliken for posting these clips here. Today you, KNOW i didn't. KNOW i didn't even think about it That craig was he would eventually talk with the media. After IF i had thought about that, SOONER i would have requested to try and be in. THAT i didn't even think about. IT i don't know IF i would have got approved for it or, not but they only kind of they tend to only approve LIKE i don't, know like people that have been around for a, While SO i don't know IF i would have been able to get. In but, anyway let's listen To Craig, breslow shall.
Speaker 5: We you, know as we've looked to to upgrade the, team that was that was an opportunity for. Us and you, know In atlie you get uh you, know impact on both sides of the. Ball he's a he's a premium defender switch, Hitter so so you, know he's a he's a great fit for for our. Park he doesn't strike, out he walks and gets on, base he can hit for. Damage you, KNOW i think there's just there's a ton to like about.
Speaker 1: Him simple as, that there is a ton to like about. Him and, yeah he's still not fully back to where he was like the first couple of years of his, career but, UH i think he's shrending in that direction for the next. One he talks about adding to the.
Speaker 6: TEAM i could have a quick follow Up craig was any of this motivated by looking at The American league in terms of competitiveness and seeing a rather wide open field where there was an opportunity for the team to make a deep run despite starting the season.
Speaker 1: Slowly you, know.
Speaker 5: The competitive environment is it's part of the equation in that you, know there are years where this record could be leading our. Division there are years where we could be firmly out of the playoff. Picture SO i, guess like implicitly it's it's part of the way that we approach, this BUT i think more it's just the way that these guys have, played the job that they've done on the, field the coaching, staff the way the fans have supported this, team and a. Turnaround you, know we felt going into this season like we had a really competitive. Team we're seeing it over the last month and a, half and we wanted to do everything that we could to give ourselves the best chance to go out and compete for A World, series.
Speaker 1: As simple as. That at the end of the, day whether you think the trade was an, overpay whether you think it was an, underpay, whatever, pay you're adding to a team to in the end try and achieve the ultimate goal of A World. Series now there's also the other part of it, too where you do want to have that sustained. Success so, yes you are giving up a lot out of this farm. System AND i see you in the Chat, Extrian Uh, extrin where was your? Comment this is probably the biggest Overpay i've ever, Seen. Robbi can you name a bigger overpay to be, HONEST i mean there's been, overpays but whoa like this one was pretty? Big this one was. BIG i WILL i will not argue with anyone about. That absolutely an overpay for. Sure so, again, yes you want to win A World, series you want you want to go for championships you want to, win you also want to have that sustained success. Too it's gonna come down to whether or not The Red sox replenish this farm system if they feel like they're still gonna be in an okay, place if they can make up for the loss of saying ndy as a. CAR i will also say this part of me does fear, that you, KNOW i am not excited for the time Where ianson ends up turning into a front of the rotation kind of a guy top half of the, rotation kind of a guy for The, orioles and he's just bowing down The Red. Sox at some point that's also like come, on like can we not just? Please, man don't let don't let that. Happen and even though someone like as a car down the road continues, developing turns into a really good player and the guy's just doing damage against The Red, sox you do have to wonder about that down the, road, Right but it is what it is in the, end you, know if you are trying to win a, championship, yeah like this is going to BE i think a move that puts you more in that. Direction but then, again you talk about the sustained. Part you have him for next year. Too so moving on, Here.
Speaker 6: Frank, is as you went into, this did you see catching as the position you most wanted to improve and was add lead your focus of?
Speaker 5: This we went in with maybe casting a broad net over a few different ways that we could get.
Speaker 3: Better.
Speaker 5: UH i found it's really difficult to try to predict the market or try to predict exactly what players will be, available especially this year when you know there are a lot of teams that still have you, know playoff. Aspirations so a lot of the work over the days leading up to today was just having incessant conversations with other other teams and just trying to understand what players might be, available what the costs might, be the way that those impact our. Club BUT i do think this year our strategy was more about targeting players that that, met you, know our needs and allowed us to upgrade areas that we felt like were could be, upgraded and going out and targeting them and trying to be aggressive and bringing them in as opposed to kind of sitting back and waiting for the market to come to.
Speaker 1: Us talking about being, aggressive, right casting a wide, net and good they they they did the right, Approach they checked. In i'm probably like so many different, players and the zero did on the guy that they thought had the right chance that they could the best chance they thought they could land without having to give up someone Like. Franklinarius, Right so it's, Interesting, paul we get a super, Chat. Paul what do we got hold?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 1: PAUL i don't know why it's not showing. Up there we, Go, paul love, You. Robbie we normally, agree but provide a rational argument as to why this was an. Overpay so the rational argument THAT i have is when you think about future wins above, replacement, adly you have them for two months three months here in a regular, season and then you have him for next. Year so let's say he's a let's say a let's say a four wins above. Replacement let's, say, like, wow you get a four win season out of. Adi, Right let's say ten million dollars is worth one wins above replacement is worth ten million, Dollars so a four war that's forty and then you take this, year so you add a little bit. There let's say it's worth you, know forty five. Million, right that's on the high End i'm getting on high end here based off. Projections. Right so let's say and then you combine the money aspect that he's going to be. Making what Is adley actually making for next? Year Adley adley's making seven point two five, million so he's going to get a bump for next. Year so that's a right run around what ten million, Probably so you subtract the forty million dollar projection ten, millions that's a surplus of thirty. Right then you look at, okay so you're looking at thirty million for. Reshmen now you look at what you just sent Back Anthony. Iinson let's just take a look at his FanGraph. Grade they give him a fifty. Five so that's usually that's around on, average like a two to a two and a half wins above replacement picture right in the. Future if you consider on, average, right that can obviously vary in Pro, yeah so he ends up getting called. Up he starts his clock six years two to a two and a half wins above. Replacement you're looking at, like let's just say twenty million per. Year that could end up being like one hundred to one hundred and twenty million dollars in value and then obviously he's a, prospect so you got to cut that way in. Half so you, know cut it in, half and then some you, know LET'S i think it's a safe bet that he's, anywhere you, know like a thirty. FORTY i don't, know maybe even some people out there think like. Fifty, right, again you're going you don't know at the end of the, day but you're going off scouting. Grades so generally guys that are like a fifty, five research has shown that it could end up turning into around like a two to two and a half wins above replacement picture on. Average so again you kind of take the wins above. Replacement then you Consider Carlos. Denvas, yeah the bat's fallen, off but the great, defense he's a guy that could easily give you a half to one wins above replacement ten million dollars per, war four more. Seasons that's forty million dollars plus the money that he's going to end up. Making you subtract, that and then you have a. Difference, right that's just two. Players, Now Kyson, Witherspoon let's say kays Some witherspoon is like a they probably have a high grade for. Him, here they haven't been a forty, five let's say because of how he's. Pitching let's even just say Forty let's Say Kyson witherspoon has a shot at being like a one wins above replacement. Picture you, know let's say it gives you that on average over six years eventually when he comes. Up, obviously prospects cut the, risk you, know take the risk at you, know factor in the, risk take that, out and then you know you're looking at a guy with at least some kind of a. Surplus Right so you, say right, There, aronsen he's got something pretty good right, there based off of, projection off of his scouting reports and then nervas being a high, floor got a you, know being a, catcher there's going to be something there with the four years of control that he. Has, Witherspoon, yeah he's probably not looking, great but you know he's a guy that maybe could you, know maybe even be a reliever at some point at least you, know that's still worth something over at on a cheaper arbitration. Salary, eventually that's worth something over six years, then and he has a, car, RIGHT i mean that now you factor in another prospect that has really burst onto the. Scene he's a fifty grade right. Now so, again same. Thing you convert scouting grades into what research has, shown where you, know a guy that's a fifty, grade you, know good chance he ends up being, like you, know maybe like a one and a half to a two war. Player let me actually go look fangrafts. Scouting here's the article scouting explained the twenty to eighty scouting. Scale so if we're looking at this player guide right, here a fifty that's an average regular. Hitter so you're, like you, know on, average you, know like a two war kind of a. Player you. Know so again eventually he comes. Up you look at the amount of years that you, got six, Years so you see WHAT i, Mean, like you're kinda it's just adding it's not just the, players but like you got to factor in the the economics behind. It you got to factor in the logistics behind. IT i don't know if any of them What i'm saying makes. Sense i'm sorry If i'm doing a bad job at explaining. It but you just got you gotta obviously scout. Prospects they you. Are it's not a sure thing by any, means but based off of scouting based off of the grades that they've been. Given you, know that's all you can go off. Of and then you just factor in the good numbers that he's had and, yeah you, know like that's worth. Something say when you add all that together AND i see what you, Say paul and the, CHAT i still think aspects or prospects we. DID i agree with. YOU i AM i love Getting. Adli i'm not saying the trade For adli is. Bad that's, good you, yes go get that kind of a. Player i'm more saying economically the trade, logistically it's not a good. Trade from a value surplus value point of, view getting a player Like adli is, awesome AND i love. That i'm just focusing on the, numbers, Right and this is good while you, know because you can talk about these. Things this is where this stuff comes into. Play. Right so that's basically WHAT i. Mean, like it's just like you look at the scouting, grades you look at the long term, projection and just numbers, wise it's just a lot that The Red sox are giving. Up i'm more thinking about, it not from my, opinion but this is how front offices. THINK i don't communicate it as well as they. Could but that's pretty much how they think about, things, right you, know they're looking at the economics of. IT i hope that makes, sense and you absolutely are completely. Right adley is an awesome TRADE i love. It that's what. DUDE i put out a reaction today THAT i was fired. UP i was chugging a gallon of. MILK i was. LOVING i loved. It But i'm also gonna give the take from the other point of view. Too just BECAUSE i like it doesn't mean it's necessarily the best. Economically you, know that's but that doesn't that doesn't mean it's. BAD i hope that makes. SENSE i Know i'm kind of all over the, place BUT i probably had like like fifty people leave this stream BECAUSE i just went on a long and complicated. Explanation so, anyway that's pretty much Where i'm. GOING i LOVE adlei please get this guy signed. Up oh my, GOODNESS i forgot to mention that as. Well please Get Adley rutchman signed up to an. EXTENSION i, mean let's, go let's get this catcher position figured out for the next several. Years LIKE i am tired of, thinking, Like, okay who's our? Catcher please Get adlie signed. Up that would be. AWESOME i would love, that and that would make this even. Better absolutely would make it. Better like If i'm talking like surplus and stuff like. That, okay, well let's get us let's get him locked, in let's get him signed. Up you, know could you pay him like some kind of like A. J t Row muto kind of a, contract maybe a little bit less because the numbers have come down a little. BIT i don't, know could you do like some like a like a four year eighty or like a like five ninety or something like. That so, Yeah i'd love to Get adlie signed. UP i think he's a great player to have in your. ORGANIZE i think he brings so many good. QUALITIES i don't, know Like i've just always liked him as a, player you, know really, good really. Good but those are my. Thoughts those are my. THOUGHTS i know that was a lot of that was long, winded And i'm sorry if that was a little painful to listen, to and that maybe wasn't the easiest to listen. To but just to give you a quick, RECAP i love the trade Of Adley. RUTCHMAN i think it's a great. Move gives you like a guy that just has a winning mentality as, well a guy that you, know this was a guy that was being looked at as like the face of The orioles, franchise you, know, like, yeah you bring In Gunner henderson and obviously he comes up and Think Jackson, holiday, Right But adley was, always in my, opinion Maybe orioles fans, DISAGREE i always looked at him as the guy there when you think of The. Orioles, Yeah Gunner, henderson he's, Amazing but Like adle to me was like almost like like the spokesman of that, team you, know like the guy you, know kind of like How Vera tech was to The red Sox Ver tech wasn't the best, player he Wasn't manny Or David, ortiz but like he was the, guy you, know like he just brought that. Leadership that's WHAT i see In. ADLEY i think there's a lot of that big fan of the. Move, yeah, SURE i can sit here AND i can talk about the nonsense of you, know talking about the surplus values and blah blah. Blah to be, honest like in this, CASE i almost kind of LIKE i care about, it but not really in a, way because it's a it was a it was a lot to, spend BUT i think it was worth it in my. OPINION i hope that was the easiest way to say. It and Then, MEYER i think that's again the trade. Itself, no you also got to remember this is like that's kind of my stick as, Well like that's kind of what makes me a little different with YouTube and. Everything IS i explain like the pieces of a trade right to help you to help understand where the front offices are coming from a little, bit, right because they don't think like we. Do they think in completely different. Terms it's not the. Same they are on a completely different planet when you go into a front. Office, so, Yeah, meyer was the TRADE i think great, Economically, No BUT i like the addition Of Eric. MILLER i think that's gonna be great to help you win ball games and try to win a. CHAMPIONSHIP i think that's Awesome. MEYER i think when you factor in, EVERYTHING i think it's going to be a better home for him in the. End you, know what DO i give The Red sox for their trade? Deadline you, know could you have even seen them maybe try? TO i don't know what ended up. Happening in the, end we were seeing a couple of reports that maybe they could, have you, know maybe made a last second. MOVE i don't know really. QUICK i do want to listen to a couple more things From. Craig i'm wondering the bad let's injury and a potential timetable for, Return.
Speaker 5: SIR i THINK i missed the beginning of, That, chris just.
Speaker 1: About Ad lea's. Injury where things stand when you guys can expect him, back AND i guess to plan for him the next few.
Speaker 5: Days, YEAH i talked to. HIM i talked to him earlier, today and at this, point LIKE i am not going to try to put a timetable on what his return might look. LIKE i think it's best for him to kind of get under our, care you, know and get our, athletics our medical staff or athletic, trainers our doctor's hands on, him and from there we'll figure out what the right kind of course of action is. Here but you, know in talking to, him he's very, optimistic and you, know he is saying that he feels quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Better i'm, wondering all, Right SO i THOUGHT i saw somewhere that he was getting close to going on a rehab. Assignment so obviously going to a new, organization you got to kind of work through all, that, Right.
Speaker 8: Greg greg Solo meyer has been obviously a big part of this, organization you, know in the future for a long. Time so what kind of went into the decision to trade him? Today and what do you you, know what do you hope to see From eric now that you have him on?
Speaker 5: Board, yeah it was it was tough to to include him in a, deal and it's it's tough to include any of the players that we had sent out because we have relationships with, Them we've watched their. Development in many cases we've draft them or signed them. Internationally and speaking About, marcello you, know he's a really big part of this or he was a really big part of this, organization and you, know someone that that was looked upon to be part of a core AND i still think that's going to. Happen it's it's going to happen with The San Francisco giants at this. Point but he's an incredibly talented, player and you, know what we saw was an opportunity to get, uh you, know a back end reliever with control who you, know throws from from the left side with huge, stuff generates a ton of swings and misses and gets a ton of. Strikeouts and you, know as you think about a bullpen down the stretch and in potentially into into the, postseason the ability to to bring guys in who can get swings and misses and shorten the game when relievers are available almost every night because of the schedule becomes, really really.
Speaker 1: VALUABLE i do really Think Eric, miller and Again i'm going to, REITERATE i think the trade, itself like With, meyer was, yeah like technically was it an, Overpay, yeah, Technically but from just a baseball point of, view like when you're looking to win, games like having a guy Like Eric miller coming in in like the, seventh maybe even the eighth inning in certain, spots you, know, like holy, cow that's gonna be amazing to. Have you, know, sure he's probably might he might walk the bases loaded a few, nights and you might be your heart might be patting out of your. Chest but you, know we can get out of that because the guy has just got nasty stuff and you can get a ton of swing and mess and that is so important in the, postseason so, important like you need that, like you look at these teams that have been obviously The dodgers the last couple of, years but going back to the last several teams that have good stuff coming out of the, bullpen they tend to have some pretty good. SUCCESS i Think miller is a really nice addition for this, bullpen and you have him for a couple more, years, RIGHT i like that a. Lot, Uh i'm not gonna listen to that. One let, me let's listen to this.
Speaker 7: One craig on at, LEAs and in regard to his ability to receive and work with pitchers and defense defensive, metrics how big of a factor was that in acquiring, him and given how well the pitching staff had thrown TO. H. D wong and our bias the majority of the, season was there any concern, about you, know mixing things up there and bringing, uh bring him in and why is he a guy that you're comfortable?
Speaker 5: With, yeah, anytime anytime you introduce someone into into a clubhouse in the middle of a, season you take some. Risk BUT i also, think, uh you, know we did as much work as we possibly. Could you, know had some some overlap in terms of staff who had who had Known adlie and and got incredibly high marks for the makeup for the leadership or the type of teammate and person that he. Is and so you, KNOW i think the short answer, is, yes you you certainly think about trying to minimize any potential disrupt to the, group but also felt like everything that we learned About adley pointed us to him being able to step in and build relationships with the coaches and the pitching staff and settle right into our. Infrastructure.
Speaker 1: YEAH i remember we talked about this a little while, ago, like, oh if you go for a, CATTURE i, mean that could really mess up the flow of. Things but if there is a capture that you can bring in that you don't have to worry about that too. Much it's this is one of them right. Here adley's amazing with behind the, plate works well with pitching. Staffs not afraid of that at. ALL i think we have here we. Go SO i Got Franklin, arias.
Speaker 6: Did you Envision craig That Aria school helped the team down the Stretche you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i hate to put those types of expectations on a twenty year. Old you, know WHAT i am very excited to say is that every challenge that he has, faced he's, met which is pretty incredible for someone his, age and what he's, done you, know at each. Level you, KNOW i just feel like we'll continue to take note of what he's, doing will continue to put him in the best development environment that we, can and if he is the person who can help, us then we'll have that conversation when it comes.
Speaker 1: Down, YEAH i, mean it's a pretty small sample At TRIPLE a right, now but he's obviously hit a couple of home runs. ALREADY i think if we See, arius it'll be you, know depending on like how things look with story when he comes. BACK i think Maybe. September that's that feels like the right spot for, me at least in my.
Speaker 6: Head in the outfield and the bullpen and behind the. Plate you did not do anything to increase the depth in the? Rotation was that a goal that maybe just kind of ran out of time? With did you come close on something? There and how do you feel about how you're situated starting pitching wise and depth wise for the final two.
Speaker 5: Months, yeah we had a lot of, conversations you, know and certainly we cast a pretty wide. Debt we're mindful of the workload that our our starting pitchers are taking, on but also feel, like, uh you, know we do have some, depth whether that's kind of currently in the big leagues and you, know you see the job That bo's done pitching out of the pen and also In TRIPLE. A and another way to uh lessen the load on starting pitchers is to add depth to your bullpen and you, know the ability to to shorten games and maybe not feel the you, know trays and, bails not feel the need to push a starter through an extra inning or to get back out there because we can turn the ball over to trusted arms in the. Bullpen is another way to do.
Speaker 1: It you Mentioned bao. TOO i didn't even think About bayo, earlier like being able to have him as a like a long. Reliever obviously we just saw a little bit ago against The dodgers, great you, know, yeah it wouldn't have been nice for them to add someone there for the. Rotation, SURE i didn't think they were gonna do. MUCH i thought maybe Like Brady singer would have been someone like someone that can come in and give you some. Innings but you, know you do Have bao where you, know if you if you're wondering About bennett's pitch, count you, know is. Innings then, yeah you kind of, think, okay, well you know we could Have bao scheduled for a few. Winnings we can limit you, Know bennett for you, know four, innings five innings and, whatever and then you Have bao pitch the. Rest SO i think Having bao is pretty valuable in that, sense to be. Honest so something to think about. There but that is. It that is it For craig.
Speaker 7: And his.
Speaker 1: Comments but, everybody today it was a wild. DAY i have done ALMOST i, mean how many hours of. DREAMING i did eight and a half all day and THEN i just did over an hour. Here, man oh, Man i'm. Done i'm, COOKED i am, Tired i'm. EXHAUSTED i haven't even eaten a meal. Today All i've had is this coffee and a little bit of. Milk that is All i've. Had i'm out of, here, Everybody i'm out of. Here in the, end just final, thoughts big fan of the moves they. Made were they? Expensive were they even more than more than? Expensive absolutely they. Were but you know, what in the, END i want The Red sox to, win AND i believe in the player development of The Red sox to replenish what we gave. Up i'm a happy. Guy i'm a happy. Guy they gave you my final. Grade you, know from a from a fan point of, View i'll say an, Ay i'll, say any you addressed a position that you rank bottom five in and you brought in a much, needed high leverage lefty. Reliever i've been saying that. Forever you, know did you bring in a short? Stop, no but you addressed a position of, need and with shortstop you Have arius potentially down the, road and who, knows Maybe story ends up looking all right when he comes back And monasterio has been playing, well you, know you still Have. Shang you got a lot of guys in the mix at short so you, know would it have been nice to add to Short, well of course that would have given me an a plus for. Sure but you know what they addressed a position of. Need they added a good bullpen. Arm i'll, go, hey from trade, surplus economic blah blah blah blah blah point of, view you, know i'd probably say LIKE b, minus you, know, like you, know even less than, that they LIKE ce probably not that, good but, whatever, man sometimes you gotta make you know you gotta make those kind of. Moves it is what it. Is it is what it is, overall big fan of the, moves big fan of The Red. Sox moving, FORWARD i think you could say now things things have officially picked, up AND i think with all the good vibes we've had lately and with what we had here, TODAY i think it's only gonna get. Better ladies and, Gentlemen i'm feeling. Good i'm out of. Here, everybody if you can on the way, out hit the like, button subscribe if you're, new and we'll be back here tomorrow for the post game coverage