Speaker 1: She has a breakfast club. Bit you who's donkey of the day today?
Speaker 2: Don't here to day for Wednesday, May twenty second, goes to Marfa Boughs. Now, we live in a world where everybody wants their flowers. Everybody wants to be celebrated, everybody wants to be honored. And folks aren't waiting on someone to give them their flowers. They grow on them theyself, and in some cases they are taking them. I want to ask you a question, Jess, how do you feel about people giving you your flowers? Do you receive them when they are given?
Speaker 3: I do receive them.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like I've come a long way, but I have a lot of ways to go. We have a long way to go. But yeah, I give I like when people give them my flowers.
Speaker 2: Have you ever felt like you wasn't being respected and you wanted your flowers so much that you would take them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, I don't believe in taking the flowers. I really don't believe flowers give you validation. It feels good to be honored, but I'm not gonna have to take nobody flowers.
Speaker 2: Well, Marfa Boos Marpha Bowles disagrees with you. Okay, she took her flowers. She wanted to be celebrated, so she decided to celebrate herself. Let's go to forty eight on your side for the report place.
Speaker 5: The Dcam County Sheriff's Office arrested and charged Martha Bow's with theft of property and the desecration of a grave site. This after deputy say she was found with a large collection of floral arrangements inside her home, and family members of those buried here at Painter Cemetery say they caught her in the act.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably one of the lowest things somebody to do.
Speaker 5: These are clips from surveillance footage of Martha Bo's caught in the act stealing multiple flower arrangements from graves at Painter Cemetery in Crossville following decoration day.
Speaker 2: Stealing flowers from a dead person's grave. Stealing flowers from a dead person's grave is like taking all the picture frames out of blind person's house, because it's not like they're gonna notice unless they, Stevie want to. Stevie wanted would notice. Let me tell you something, man, whatever is for you will be for you. Okay, whatever you are supposed to have, you won't have to force. I understand if you want your flowers, but if you're gonna take them, if you're gonna steal them, don't take them from someone else, especially someone who's deceased. Okay, this is exactly why they say, give me my flowers while I'm here to smell them, because if I can smell them, that means I'm still alive, and if I'm alive, that means they are harder to.
Speaker 1: Take from me.
Speaker 2: Not to mention, who were you people that just like to play around in graveyards. I was born in the nineteen hundreds. We didn't play around the graveyards. We went to funerals. We went to visit and pay all respect. Anything outside of that was guaranteed you to be the plot of some horror movie. Okay, the thought of someone wandering around the graveyard for no reason makes me feel like Michael Mayer's about to pop out and show niggas. And sometimes for people like Martha Bowles, I wish they did. Did you ever do that just when you was playing with them white people in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: First of all, I wasn't playing with no white people, But did I do what?
Speaker 1: Was like this play around the graveyard.
Speaker 4: No, I did not, and none of my white friends did that. We didn't do They weren't that weird.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: That's how I know we have officially reached the ghetto point of no return here on earth. The dead don't even care if you disrespect them no more. They're like, man, take them petty ass flowers. Whatever brings your punk ass joy on that side, because y'all needed more than I do. Hell, the deceased may pity us because flowers are expensive.
Speaker 1: The other's day was earlier this month.
Speaker 2: You gotta think if you got a mother, a grandma, or sister, a wife, aunts that can get expensive.
Speaker 1: Before you know it, you're gonna spend seven hundred dollars in flowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, that lady probably walked through that grave and saw that expensive bass floral arrangement and thought to herself, what a waste. They can't even smell them. Let me get those ladies. Y'all say, y'all want a man that can get you flowers every week? Well, a dozen roses is about one hundred dollars, so that's four hundred dollars a month. That's almost five grand a year for something that dies after four days, So I can understand the thought process of someone that says, I might as well steal these flowers because they're gonna be dead in the next thirty six hours. Anyway, this person gonna be dead forever. They are in a better place, and these flowers need to be in a better place too.
Speaker 1: Listen, I need.
Speaker 2: You all to start treating actual dead people the way you treat that man or.
Speaker 1: Woman who ghosted you.
Speaker 2: If someone ghost you, you should respect the dead and never disturb them again. Can we please start giving actual dead people the same energy? Please give Martha bows, the sweet sounds, and the Hamiltons you.
Speaker 6: Oh the day, yeah, oh the day.
Speaker 3: I did not know that flowers were that expensive? What crazy? What? I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Oral arrangements are crazy expensive. You see that floor arrangement I got over.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel so good because my man always band me flowers. But I didn't know they was that.
Speaker 1: No, hold up, before I tell you what kind of what kind of flowers he be getting you?
Speaker 3: Orchids?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What does his sunflowers like?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like make like arrangement?
Speaker 1: They being arranged? They be innovasive stuff.
Speaker 3: First of all, stop playing with my man, Like, no.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking your questions because if they just came in like plastic.
Speaker 1: He just stopped by the store real quick before he pulled up.
Speaker 4: I mean, you see the flowers that come up here for me, like, stop playing with me. Let's not even play like it'd be like assorted and nice and different kinds of flowers. I didn't know all that was likesive, I seen.
Speaker 1: Yes, the things cost money.
Speaker 3: You said, a dozen of roses is one hundred dollars at.
Speaker 2: Least, Jesus, you don't think so how much they cost?
Speaker 1: That's still a lot, he said, fifty fifty. Yes, let me the average price of a dozen roses.
Speaker 3: That's just crazy, man.
Speaker 2: Look, I just pulled up average price of a dozen roses nationally. The average cost for a dozen roses is eighty eight dollars in sixty one cents inflation.
Speaker 1: What jesus that cost?
Speaker 2: So you buy four or five people roses, that's over four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Damn near five hundred dollars. Man. That's why I don't even know why brothers be having side chicks. It don't make no sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, side chicks don't deserve flowers. Now, come on there.
Speaker 1: That's true. They're like we very much we.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is brought to you by the law office of Michael slam and Saft. Don't be a donkey. Pound two fifty on your cell and say the bull. If you've been hurting a construction accident, that's pound two five ozh from your cell and say the bull. Wake that ass up in the morning, Breakfast club, m hm.