Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that. Right, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura l Rosa and this is the latest with Laura de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room. Now, you guys know, I am so big on bringing you what is happening, but bringing you what is happening in real time is one of my most favorite things. So it is Friday, September twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: And it is later in the evening.
Speaker 1: We have been waiting, like literally, we've been on a Diddy trial watch all day. And when I say we, I mean me and the other journalists, but also his attorneys. I've been checking in, you know, with my other journalist friends. We have a group chat that we created, like a lot of the other journalists that were covering the case from the time that we were in court, you know, where we just like share information and links and updates and you know, just different things. And a lot of us thought that the judge in Diddy's case would have decided on whether or not he was going to acquit Diddy of some or all of the charges or give him a retrial. We thought that the decision was going to come down today. So you guys know, I was in court in the episode prior to this one. If you do not know that, if you have not heard that episode, please go take a listen. I broke down exactly what happened. But while in court, one of the things that I felt like, at the end of the court day, the.
Speaker 2: Judge kind of gave himself away.
Speaker 1: He said things like I'll see you guys next week, or almost said it, and called himself like, you know, small things like that, you know, and that's not verbatim, so you want to state that that's not verbatim. But there were small things like that that were that he slipped up and called himself while he was dismissing in a journey the courtroom.
Speaker 2: That made me feel like his mind is made up.
Speaker 1: He knows what he's going to do and what he's not going to do, and you know, all of those things, but he just has to you know, there's a process that he has to go through legally because he wants to be fair. So I thought by now we would have an answer to all of those questions and all the things that Diddy's team proposed, you know, in this last trial before and it's one last time we were in court before we go to sentence in but no, we haven't gotten it yet.
Speaker 2: So we are still waiting.
Speaker 1: You know, I've reached out to sources close to the court who say everyone's still on a wait. This you know, this time is where you know, the judge is analyzing everything, he's reading everything, he's requesting things to be to be submitted, additional information, all of the things.
Speaker 2: But next Friday is the sentencing.
Speaker 1: Unless Diddy is a quitted of all these charges, which I do not predict, what happened next Friday is a sentence and so we're gonna want to, you know, hear something sooner, and we're gonna need to hear something soon.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I do want to say though, that whenever that drops, and it won't be this weekend. At this point it is after hours, courts are closed, it won't be this weekend. But whenever that drops, it will be a big indicator on what the sentencing energy will give. If a judge feels like, you know, Diddy should not be facing two counts of anything, and he, you know, lessens account or lessens anything. We will know that sentencing is going to rule in Diddy's favor. If a judge sticks with what he has right now, it's kind of one of them. It's a fifty to fifty coin toss. We walk in and we kind of really don't know where we're going, right, but we'll be able to tell something from this now.
Speaker 2: I did an interview outside.
Speaker 1: Of the courthouse where it was it was, and I actually learned to kind of stop doing these.
Speaker 2: I mean not stop. I would still do them when we were at court.
Speaker 1: But what I began to realize was my feelings would change every single day the information changed that I kind of wanted things to like sit with me, but I would were my immediate reaction and then I would later go and record my later reaction, and then I would show you the thought progression, because I do believe that that's what the drors are going through, and right now, I believe that that's what the judge is going through. He's analyzing information from so many different ways and so many different people. Things change, thoughts, ideas, feelings change. Facts don't change, though. That is the thing and that's what's going to be tricky here, is how do we take all of this into account and stick to the facts, because a lot of people feel like, based on the facts, we shouldn't even still be going back and forth about this, that he shouldn't be in jail, he should.
Speaker 2: Be home time served.
Speaker 1: But I did an interview with lawyer for workers on Instagram. For those of you guys who are not familiar, that is an attorney named Moe who has become pretty popular for covering these cases in real time. I mean everything for Meg Da Stallion to Megda Sallion, Tory Lanez to some of the biggest cases Takashi six nine and everything that happened there.
Speaker 2: I met him in court. That's been another thing about court.
Speaker 1: I've met so much many other people who do what I do that I've been following for some time. But I met him in court and we were just having a conversation dialogue afterward, which is also normal too.
Speaker 2: We all normally do that.
Speaker 1: And we decided to record a video in road time and express our thoughts. So I want you guys to take a listen to this, and I want to know how y'all feel.
Speaker 3: Diddy update I got a special guest with me.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, l Rose here.
Speaker 3: So today's hearing, defense is challenging the verdict, saying that under the law, there just wasn't enough evidence presented for a jury convictedy of the Man Act charge. Now, the headline moment came at the end of the hearing. The judge asked either side do you have anything else left to say? And Diddy's lawyer, Alexandra Shapiro, who's very reserved, muted, speaks in a judicial tone, doesn't just throw around words like that. Well, at that moment, she didn't hold back, and she said, this is an embarrassment to the United States of America. Lauren, what did you think when you heard that?
Speaker 2: I wasn't for sure.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, but now after some thought, I can't disagree with her.
Speaker 3: What's left in this case? Right? There's no sex trafficking, there is no coercion, there is no fraud. The only charge here is that three consumpting adults went to a hotel and had a threesome or two of them had sex and one watch. Why are we here? Is essentially the defense's point. Laura, what were your other thoughts coming out of today.
Speaker 1: I think some of the thoughts coming at us a day were the prosecution is going to have to do a really good job of providing other cases that show that because Diddy did not benefit financially.
Speaker 2: He should be held in the way that.
Speaker 1: He's being held and everything that they really have to make this make sense at this point if they want the sentence to stake that they want.
Speaker 3: Look, the prosecution is continuing to bring out the same stuff. After Shapiro Alexander Shapiro, Diddy's lawyer, gave her statement about this as an embarrassment, prosecution came back and their point was, but judge, he was hitting judge, he was kicking judge. There was drugs. That's not what the Man Act is about. The Man Act is about transportation to engage in prostitution. The reason why I think Shapiro was saying it was an embarrassment, the reason why folks around this courtroom are thinking, what are we all doing here? Be consenting adults, go have sex in a hotel. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Get out there in the streets, and the tweets.
Speaker 1: The dreats be outside, we outside, we outside outside. Every other page, let me know how you guys are feeling we're on We're on an acquittal watch, Diddy acquittal watch. Will those charges be thrown out?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I'm Laura le Roza l O R E N l O R O s A everywhere I want to hear from y'all.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, there's always a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: And whenever y'all are right here, whether I got you know, guests popping episodes, guests popping recordings in real time from outside of your courthouse or wherever I am, you guys choose to be right here.
Speaker 2: With me, and I appreciate you guys for that. I will see you in my next episode.