Speaker 1: Second date up dated. You know the rule of threes, right, three strikes, You're out three times a lady. I've heard that three celebrity deaths in one week. Almost all good things come in threes. Almost. It's not the third day, and today we're trying to get a third date for one of our listeners, Hannah, who spells her name with three h's and three ends in it.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Three dates. You've already been on two with this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw the rules. We don't care about rules on this show. We made up the rules. So yeah, tell us about the guy that you went out with. What's his name?
Speaker 2: His name is Dennis, and we met on a dating app. Okay, And like, I'm in a stage in my life where I'm just trying to date a lot of people and just see what I like and what I don't like.
Speaker 3: And so you're not really looking for like a relationship, you're just looking to figure out Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I just got out of a long term relationship and I just want to kind of see what else is out there. But like this guy, he's the first guy out of a few people I've dated that like I've actually wanted to go out with for a third time.
Speaker 3: I heard her use few people in air quotes. Yeah, I think it's more than that, but that's fine, there's no judge.
Speaker 2: Whatever, you know, Like I just he's the first person I'm interested in.
Speaker 1: What there's something special about Dennis?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just thought he was fun. He was funny. Like the first date, it was just at a bar. It was like a normal meetup and I just come from a work event and I'd already been drinking, so I just ordered coffee because I didn't want to get messy.
Speaker 1: It's good you get drunk at work too. We like, okay, And what about date number two?
Speaker 2: Well, like on the second date, we like, we went out for I'm In and like the idea was okay, I think you go, well, maybe we'll go back to his place.
Speaker 3: And was that discussed before Robin?
Speaker 2: God, it was like when we go watch the movie, you know, like okay, yeah, and we went We did go to his place and we ended up watching a movie. I don't know if you guys know.
Speaker 1: The movie The Rescue sounds sad, keep going.
Speaker 2: It was the kids in like they were trapping caves in Thailand.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was heartbreaking. Do you remember that when it was all over the news? I remember watch you don't watch, and I could tell.
Speaker 2: I mean it was like a weird second date movie.
Speaker 3: It was a weird Yeah. I bet that put you in a weird mood. I mean it's a real story too.
Speaker 1: So when you make out during this movie.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you don't.
Speaker 3: They don't have food or drinkable water.
Speaker 1: I think we found the spot.
Speaker 3: So you're saying there was no makeout session, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Him exactly what I mean? Kissed at the end before.
Speaker 1: I sorry, I missed that. You said there was a you kissed at the end. There's a kiss at the end of the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. So you and Dennis shared a kiss at the end, yes, OKAYO. Was it sweet?
Speaker 3: I mean how it feel?
Speaker 2: I thought it was nice? Again, it was. We were in a weird place because of this.
Speaker 1: It's not what you want to hear after you had a kiss. We were in a weird place.
Speaker 3: I went to the movies once. Do you remember that Jennifer Anson movie called The Breakup with Vince Vaughan. Oh yeah, it totally ended, like a four date string I had with this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like like about the breakup, and then you're watching You're like, we don't really call the break I know, but we don't really fit either, Like watching like this makes sense, so booky choice is very important.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I'm only watching movies where people hook up.
Speaker 1: Then, yes, yeah, that it's actually not about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The good news is Hannah ended that date with a kiss. At least. What's happened since then?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't know because he seemed interested and he had like two good dates I thought, and it ended okay, But like I haven't heard from him at all, No, not really, Like he's been really unresponsive and I waited a bit and then I messaged him and I just haven't heard it back anything. And it just feels so weird because I thought we had a good time, right.
Speaker 5: Nobody asked the most important question in this whole room. How was the I know you're a.
Speaker 1: No, that's not an important question to Jose he just.
Speaker 3: Needs a new recommendation.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna ask. She was an ugly crier during the movie.
Speaker 2: Are prior I could keep it under control if I have to, but I could be an ugly crier.
Speaker 1: Well at least it didn't happen in the bedroom with all the tears, So I mean that's that's more of a looking too my love life. But got it. We're focused on you, Hannah. We're going to try and do the rescue on your dating life right now. Hopefully no more tears when we come back, called Dennis and try and get your second date update right after this. Okay, yeah, you stay strong, okay, Hannah, Okay, okay, we'll be back right after the second date update real quick. Top five sexiest documentaries about human tragedies To set the move on the first date. You're going with the eruption of POMPEII. That's pretty hot. Hot like Magma or the Great Ohio River Flood of nineteen thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, they made a whole documentary about that one.
Speaker 1: Sir Steamy or there's always my fav the Goonies.
Speaker 2: That's not a docum?
Speaker 1: Is it a tragedy? They never made a sequel? Yes it is. It is a great movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's a doc but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I only bring it up because one of our listeners. Hannah watched The Rescue, which is a documentary about the dramatic twenty eighteen rescue of twelve kids in Thailand who got trapped in like an underwater cave. Yes.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: That was their date night movie, I mean, and somehow she was able to finish off the evening with a kiss.
Speaker 3: Yes, which was positive until he didn't call her back ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's why we're going to help her out today and do our own rescue of her love life. Are you ready to do this, Hannah?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am ready.
Speaker 3: You know, I forgot to ask who made the choice to watch that documentary.
Speaker 2: I mean I think he came up over dinner and I was like, no, I haven't seen it, and he was like, oh, I've been meaning to watch it, and we just kind of fell into it.
Speaker 5: Just like added it to his list, you know, and on top of the screen, and it's like, let's just start.
Speaker 3: He needs a lesson in what he should pick for dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movie choice is a little bit of a question mark. Is there anything else in your mind, Hannah that could be a theory for why he's not calling you back?
Speaker 2: The only other thing I can think of is so the ramen didn't sit right with me, and nothing weird happened except my stomach kept making like really weird.
Speaker 5: Oh this is why I asked about the ram And sometimes the bron can be like if it's like a pork and chicken broth, it's very rich.
Speaker 1: Jose is going to google the restaurant and the menu to check the But while that's happening, let's call up Dennis here and see what he has to say. Okay, okay, Dalla's number right now, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Dennis?
Speaker 6: Yes, this Dennis.
Speaker 1: What's up? Dennis? How you doing? You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning right now?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm on What a.
Speaker 1: Typical response for us there? Yep, you're we're on a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Yep, we're all here.
Speaker 1: That's Brook.
Speaker 3: Hi Dennis, that was me.
Speaker 1: Oh oh we have cues. Yeah, girls, if you couldn't tell Dennis so welcome?
Speaker 6: How Hi, thank you?
Speaker 1: Welcome show.
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened before? Dennis?
Speaker 6: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: All right, well, added.
Speaker 1: On, this is your lucky day because you're on a segment we call second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with recently, actually twice. Oh apparently had a really good time with her. There was some movie watching, some kissing, but now there hasn't been a date number three. Do you know what I'm talking about, Hannah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Big Bread's big sig. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Wait? Does Hannah know that you're calling me?
Speaker 1: Well, this would be really awkward. She's like, no, matter what you do, don't tell him what I'm saying. We just prying other people's dating lives on our own course, Hannah. Hannah's asked us to reach out to you because she's hoping to get some answers for why there hasn't been another meet up between you two.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know. I just feel like something is up with Hannah. I just I'm just trying to listen to my instincts and something tells me I don't trust her.
Speaker 3: Something weird, Like it's like a spidery sense thing with Hannah.
Speaker 1: Sure is it because she went in for the kiss at the end of a documentary about a human tragedy that kind of a red flag.
Speaker 6: But yeah, no, no, it wasn't that. I mean both the dates been have been good, and we've texted a lot after and when we text, her messages go green bubble like an Android or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 3: Know, but that's dumb, that's not why not it's not that.
Speaker 6: So in person, she puts your phone down, I see it and it's an iPhone? Yeah, like what what? No, that's not what an iPhone does.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a friend right now who I know has an iPhone. She's one of my best friends. And her text bubbles keep showing up green too, But she does I know she has a phone. I don't think she maybe what do you think, Dennis?
Speaker 1: Like you, you don't trust her? Trying to make the segment more boring. Let's break down text messaging on how things, how technology.
Speaker 3: Works, going to get Apple tech online.
Speaker 1: I could just read their message. Yeah, let's call it help support. What's the problem.
Speaker 6: Well, there's just the red flag going up for me. Either, she's sorry for this word. She's cheating. I know we've been on two dates, but you know she's cheating. He has a secretphone something. I don't know what it is, it's just something. Just doesn't trust me about that about this whole thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think she has a secret phone and that she but why wouldn't you bring the secret phone with her on the date instead of the real iPhone that's connected to her significant other on a date.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't know. I don't have a secret phone, so I don't know what you think.
Speaker 1: She's acting a little bit shady with this phone business, and I don't know what is shady about her other than the fact that she's been listening quietly on the other line. But she does want to talk to you, Hannah, Are you there? Hi?
Speaker 6: Yes? Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi Dennis, Hi, Hi Hannah, or I just I just have to say I wish you would ask me about it or just said something sooner, because I guess maybe it's a little sneaky, but it's I'm not cheating like something a lot well, okay, so it's something a lot of girls do. So if you're on dating apps but you don't want like a weirdo or to have your actual phone number, you can create a Google phone number just for your dating life, like on the app.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, my cousin used to have a Google phone.
Speaker 1: Number, So yeah, you have a separate number for just early on in dating that you give to guys before you like become official with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just feel like crazy people don't have my number, like if it goes badly, you know, Actually.
Speaker 1: Does this mean one of my best friends she doesn't trust me, Dennis, She just thought you might be crazier. Yeah, a different number.
Speaker 6: I mean that was not where I was expecting that to go.
Speaker 3: Belie. Do you believe her?
Speaker 6: I mean sure, I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know I could text you my actual number.
Speaker 1: Oh are you ready for that?
Speaker 3: In the relationship?
Speaker 6: You thought I was a weirdo when we first met and you didn't trust me.
Speaker 3: Like what Online every guy on a dating app is a weirdo and you shouldn't trust him.
Speaker 2: I mean one time I went out with a guy, like he showed up for a first date with a knife on a belt, Like, you don't know who you're going to meet.
Speaker 3: That guy was from my hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just wanted to make sure that he protected you.
Speaker 3: He's probably hunting earlier in the morning, Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean I I just kind of wonder, like what other secrets are you hiding? What what else is goinging on? What you know? Are you older than what you said on the app. Seems that's not an honest thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like, no, no, no, no, okay. So I've been honest about everything except one other thing.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: It's not really a secret. It's just so I my family is not really from Wisconsin, and I know that I told you that.
Speaker 1: That's a weird Troy.
Speaker 6: Would I care about that? Why would you lie about that?
Speaker 2: Why is it that people be weird when I say that's where I'm from.
Speaker 1: What's weird about that? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Why do people think that's weird? That's probably why that one guy brought a knife on the date.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I get it, Like you got to protect yourself out there, especially as a woman on a dating app, Dennis, Like she's not doing anything that is harmful to you, Like you can't take that stuff personally. She's just looking out for her best interest herself.
Speaker 1: At this point, Like she is coming clean, she's being honest with you, divulging her secrets in her family history. Yeah. With that being said, would you like to take an enormous risk and go out with Miss Detroit and will pay for enormous risks in the caves? Ye? We'll even throw in a weird documentary with tons of human casualties in it just to help bring the romance. Just when they don't get safe. We will pay for it, though, Dennis, what do you think I mean?
Speaker 6: I guess you could say that I that I am guilty sometimes of just being in my in my man world, and I perhaps don't always think about the female perspective of things and how that works. And God is so depressing that that has to be a thing that.
Speaker 1: You have to do, that depressing stuff.
Speaker 6: So I mean, in that case, you know, wow, that's smart, that's super smart, and I appreciate that, and I'm glad I'm not a she doesn't think I'm a weirdo and all that.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a lot of words. Is that a yes or no?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, congratulations, Handy, you got yourself a third date. Now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll throw.
Speaker 5: That burner phone away and get a third one.
Speaker 6: It's broken. Jeffrey in the morning,