Speaker 1: All right, guys, big big day. Here's to Ay Jonas podcast. Yes, because tomorrow we will be premiering on Disney Plus and Hulu and we're going to have the cast of camp Rock three odd to usher in this next generation of Campers. Got on more and Joe has gone nonverbal and will only be using his Shane Gray for crying out loud. Yes, it's almost been a year since we were on set filming. I know, it's crazy how fast it all moves. It moves very quickly, and it was almost eighteen years ago when we started this whole pretty nuts. Nineteen I think nineteen actually, Kevin nineteen years. My favorite Camp Rock memory from back in the day had to be when we got to set. I think it was, you know, seven or eight in the morning, and we just hear this and I'm like, what is happening? Because it wasn't scripted that iconic moment with the stomp clap thing. It wasn't there was like we should do this, this is what happened? What is this? And we basically refused to do the thing, and.
Speaker 2: So drumstick, which ended up making it kind of iconic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I'm in it. Oh, I'm in it. Yeah, I'm in it. You're in it for sure.
Speaker 2: You're leading the charge.
Speaker 1: You're actually the lead of the movie, Joe. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you were.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to hear you were number one on the call seet. I just wanted to hear you say no, I was number two. Number two, Timmy is number one. You were Jimmy's movie, Stammy's, Mitchie's movie. My most memorable. I mean, there's many memories, but something that comes to mind is I had to jump in a freezing lake even though it's summertime. You were was so, you know, actually drumping a freezing lake. But then also there I don't know why I became a theme there, Uncle or my uncle in the Brown Uncle Brown, he wakes me up with he wakes me up cold water and he yeah, and he decided to get the coldest water. Ironically, we didn't need to do the cold we didn't actually need it. Needed cold water and.
Speaker 2: Freezing film as well. We may or may not throw you in water.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a theme going on here.
Speaker 1: There is a theme. But you know, I think it was my first introduction of what people in the acting community loved to call crafty and that's where there's a collection of delicious snacks. Shadow Marisa, my shadow who does our hair and makeup as she and I love Reese's pieces and I would go and just devour as many pieces. And I remember there was one night where we were filming I think it was camp Rock two. It was the final jam against camp Star and it was our first, really one of our first experiences of shooting at nights, and I just remember me Nick and me, Nick and DEMI like having just this is probably before we drink coffee. It was just sugar, lots of sugar. What about what about it to stay awake through the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they poured.
Speaker 1: Water on me that night and because I guess I came from the lake and you could see how cold it was, because it was just like seeing off my body. Yes, I do remember this, the things we do, so many memories. We're gonna hear about even more memories with the new Campers Carock three casts. We have an incredible group. I love it stars of the movie that'll be joining us as well as you know, some some good stories that will share the o G cast too, and some of the og cast. One other really exciting thing that we have going on tomorrow is this incredible partnership with Hyundai, Yes Hope on Wheels, where we're actually going to have three amazing guests who are warriors. Uh and and Hundai's an incredible job donating a portion up from every purchase to this incredible three hundred million dollars raised that supports researchers, doctors, families and children living with cancer. What a great organize and battling cancer and so the beautiful thing they're doing a huge to have them with us and to get to spotlight those guests and of course camp our three casts.
Speaker 2: That's right, It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 1: So make sure to check out the Hey Jonas podcast Wherever you podcast podcast and watch us on Disney pleasant.
Speaker 2: H It's time for voicemails.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys started without me. I'm giving myself insing.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 1: I'll just one second. This episode sponsored by Type one diabetes, by the disease. Well, this episode brought to you by an autoimmune awareness is an awareness episode. This is an awareness episode. Let's get into voicemails, shall we, Hey, this is any from Chicago.
Speaker 3: I've had three ankle surgeries in the span of two years, and since recovery, I've been trying to go back to the gym. I'm sure to go back to the gym after being out for a while, just self conscious about it. But I was wondering, what's the most embarrassing gym moment you guys have ever had, hoping maybe it'll make me feel a little bit better about myself.
Speaker 1: Well, happy that you're hopefully feeling better enough to go to the gym, so that means you're feeling kind of better. So three surgeries is a lot kind of curious what happened, but yeah, I want to know. She's not a voicemail. So it also sounded like she was on the phone underneath the sheet, like in her bed, telling him the story. That did sound the or she's in the gym building up the confidence. Maybe, well, the most embarrassing thing that's happened at the gym, Jim, it's a very specific place for an embarrassing story. Yeah, I've eaten shit on the treadmill, you know, like really classic you know, Oh yeah, I full fall down like flip out, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and you just that's when you Wow, what a loser. You have to make the choice of either getting back on the treadmill or walking away and never going back to that gym again.
Speaker 2: So which one did you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Of course I got back in my car and I never went back because that's the right thing to do. I've got one. I kind of agree with you on that one. I was in Hawaii and I was shooting the first Jumanji Nice and Kevin Heart invited me to come work out with him and his trainer and his two boys that are with him his purpose team. And he's like, We're gonna get up at six am or whatever. It was five am before we go to work, and I was like, all right, and I'm thinking to myself, you know, I'm at the time, I'm twenty two, twenty three, you got this. You know, Kevin's ten to fifteen years older than me, I think, and so I should be able to like handle myself in the gym with Kevin and his guys. And the first thing they do is they're like, all right, twelve minutes sprint on the treadmill. And I'm like, all right, And so it's started to sprint. About seven minutes in, I'm like this is like really intense fall out sprint, and I'm thinking, all right, the rest of the workout is going to be chill because we just got the heart rate up and now it's gonna like lift whatever. Then they're like, all right, we're gonna swing on these things to like jump to the next you know. Handlebart like what is happening? And they're doing chin up says they do it. This was the most intense workout I've ever done. Oh about halfway through, he's like, you good because he could see that I was like about to throw up, and I was like, yeah, I'm totally fine. And then I think he saw like blood in the water and was like, let's go even harder. So then it got more intense.
Speaker 2: He was trying to point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was trying to be.
Speaker 2: Like like this young kid, I'm going to show him what's going on.
Speaker 1: And he did. He he broke me did you throw out? I got back to the hotel when I threw up. Oh, it took everything. I had to be like I'm not throwing up in front of Vin Hart. Wow. And then uh yeah, I'd never worked out with him again.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I definitely worked out hard with a new trainer one time and absolutely puked mid workout. I was just like, Nope, too much, too much, and that was that. Never worked out with him again. Yeah, well, shout out Kevin Hart. He's a beast. He's like next level fit. Okay, let's hear another one, shall we?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, my name's Amanda, and I have a question, I guess for all of you. So I have a guy friend.
Speaker 1: Who we'd where this is going going.
Speaker 5: With each other. We both have expressed that we like each other, but he knows that I'm a Christian and he does not have a faith. He's not a religious person, and so he doesn't think that we should date because we might not be compatible long term. But we're pretty compatible and pretty much every other way. So I guess I would just ask for any advice or input that you guys might have from your own experiences there, or just what you would recommend for someone in that situation, thinks.
Speaker 1: So I think I missed it. Does she say that he is not in religious or she's not religious? And he's the one who saying we may not be compatible, which I would think for becosed, Yeah, sure, that's really interesting. Well, I mean he might just be like, I don't. I don't see myself changing the way I feel about Christianity, and so I hope that doesn't totally bother you down the road, because that might be important for her. But it sounds like she's like, I'm down, He's not down because of it kind of feels like he's pointing the finger saying it's you, not me. A little bit of that kind of feels like maybe there's just a conversation that should happen to say, hey, is it is it important to you that the person that you date is a person that that practices the same religion as you? And the answer is for for her. For Amanda, she says, it doesn't matter to me, then then he should be like, all right, cool, then we connect and every other way. Yeah, as long as your expectation is not that I have to practice in the same way he might not want to go with her to church on Sundays, and as long as she's cool with that, I mean I think everything's just will this become a yeah, you need to have this conversation because the next step is then people have resentment because oh I thought I was going to change him or change her, like that's not gonna be changing. People can't be changing. People can't do that unchangeable. Well, I think there's you know what to do. He's gotta be like, yo, they don't bother me if if you're not going to be Christian with me, but if that's something you decide one day, so be it totally. Okay. Next one, that was I think we get that was solid advice there.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Chelsea.
Speaker 6: I am a pediatric nurse and I take care of kiddo's recently dragging those with type one diabetes. I've heard over the year is a little next journey, but was wondering if there were any tips or education you received in the beginning or even later on that was a game changer that I to pass on my patients, also teaching their siblings with what's going on. A lot of kiddos have never heard of diabetes. So Kevin, Joe, are there anything that helps you guys understand more of what was going on? Any tips or tricks You're appreciated, thinks.
Speaker 1: Okay, my advice for you, Chelsea, By the way, thank you for being what you do. Go out what you do. It's incredible. It's not advice that the thing I learned about ten years into my diagnosis. I was diagnosed at thirteen, so through my teens in my early twenties, I took great pride in doing it all on my own and just kind of dealing with it and not letting it slow me down or affect my day to day life. Part of that was also because I did feel this enormous burden of what has become sort of meme culture, which is unfortunate. And I'm not saying that it's woe is me, because that's not the position that I'm taking, but just that I'm aware of the fact that some people who are not as educated, not as informed on type one diabetes think that it is not a serious condition. To be clear, if treated with insulin management, with glucose readings either on a meter, a fingerprick meter, or a CGM. If you don't have those tools and you're not taking care of your type one diabetes, it's categorized as an autoimmune, which means that at any point in time, it can become a very serious and potentially fatal disease. As I was learning how to deal with it, taking all this on myself to be independent, I was also kind of dealing with this thing that was really discouraging that there was a dismissal of this thing, which also makes it frankly, very difficult to raise money for programs to create access and affordability to create better life programs for young people living with diabetes who want to learn, because people don't think it's serious. And if it's properly managed, it isn't that serious. It's not going to become fatal. But if it's not, if there are places in the world that don't have that access, it can be fatal. It can be a really really tough thing. So all that to be said, what I learned was that I have to take it on myself, be as responsible as I can be, but not get discouraged when there's going to be a day where my glucose is higher than I'd like it to be. That's just a part of living with it. As your body changes, as you get older, certain things that never affect your glucose are suddenly going to And there's a long list of things that have done that for me as I've gotten older. So I had to start to rely on my community, my friends, my family, my wife to support me in my journey and take some of that pressure off, because if I try to do it all myself, it's going to have a greater mental and emotional impact than I ever realized when I was young, and it's going to just make the day and day out process of living with a disease that much harder. So if there's any sort of summary in there, it would be to say, for your young patients, encourage them to lean on their their their friends, their family, their circle of trust, because that's what will help them through those tough moments where there's the emotional hurdle and also the physical which is completely out of your control. Well said, great, Now tell us what your advice would be. Guys. You know, I kind of wrote that for kit Nick to read, so it kind of covers it. I will say that we did something recently where we had a person come in that was a doctor and somebody that also has Type one and they walked us through pretty much everything about diabetes in Layman's terms for us, and also showed us different devices, then showed us certain pens glucose pens and how to use them in case of emergency, and what are the signs and how to speak to somebody that has diabetes and communicate and when to check in with them their blood sugar is low when it's a pro what they all ever get? Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick, this is what we learned. This is my test, and they how to kind of have that conversation of checking in with your friend what is their low number, to the point where they feel like, hey, you can check in on me if it's at a certain number, like I'm fine, I'll handle it. But if it goes lower, just I got I need help. But it was really educational. It was really great and yeah, so and I think it was cool because we obviously have been around you, Nick, now for how many years is it actually November will be twenty one years? Wow, twenty one years. We have been, you know, beside you while you've been dealing with this disease. And it's still great to be re educated and have a tune up on our education to make sure that we're prepared. And I was trying to give you props earlier because I was just saying the amount of things you have to deal with on a daily basis. I think something that she, the incredible person that we were working with, mentioned was like, every step you take, Nick is taking infinite number more steps every time that they do anything in their day, Like it's twenty to thirty more decisions every day with every single decision. And I think that really rang true to me. I was like, Wow, not even thinking, Okay, I'm gonna eat this, I'm going to work out on stage and when it goes first swim, I'm going to do whatever it may be. Those quick little decisions you make in your daily life are so much more compounded having Type one diabetes, and I think that really stayed with me.
Speaker 4: Nice to move on, Hi, I want to know if you have any recommendation for our friend that is having enoffer with merriment. I know it's very horrible to say it like that, but well, the situation she just got divorced, so i've been her first thing to do was having enough with this man. She's probably in a great time, But I don't know. I don't think it's a good idea. Could you tell me something, any recommendation.
Speaker 1: You recommendation stop, But it's just I'm confused. I think she knows this friend very very well, almost like the back of her hand. Well she was perhaps she might be this person. Well, I was trying to be subtle. Ath I so sorry. I just want to back it up here. Her friend is having an affair with a married man. With a married man, she just got a friend that she her friend just got divorced, and then now she's having an affair. Now she's having a quote great time. Well, well, any advice? I mean, I think we can't give her advice. She's going to make up her own mind about the situation. But I think your advice to her and being her friend is probably I don't know, you need to have. You should probably not do this. You should probably just sit her down and be like, hey, I care about you. This affects way more people than just you, and you might need to realize that. Also, the married man has a ton of responsibility in this. Let's not overlook that. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, absolutely of course. But I think she's not friends with that guy. She's friends with her friend, who's the one that's the home wrecker in the situation. Sure, I think I think if she's asking advice for her friend, then then I think, you know, she clearly has a dilemma of conscience, right, like a there's an understanding that this is inherently not something that they should be doing right, which is why they are asking for advice on what to do without judgment, Because I'm not judging anybody. That sets the stage for the conversation, which is that they know morally they feel conflicted. Okay, I'm being very careful how I navigate this because I don't want to step in any any poop here. Now that we know that they feel morally conflicted, I would say to the friend, you should listen to that and to your point, shoe, it is your decision to make. No one can influence you to a point or make you feel so bad that you make a decision and change the outcome. But listen to that inner voice that's saying, hey, if you're feeling conflicted, there's something there to listen to. Yeah. And then in addition to that, I would say, she is not the only one who has engaged in this thing which is potentially problematic. The man has responsibility too. He is the married party, she has divorced. There's a responsibility there. Yeah, where's judge, Judy, let's get her in here. Yeah, give us a judgment. Yeah, I think that's it seems like something I think if you feel it, and you should probably talk about it. Amen, it's great advice. Joe, you got anything, keV, you kind of covered it. It's kind of there's not much left to do. There no thoughts, not one sure it's at this point she's I was trying to not be as coy as you, Nick, But yes, if it is in fact something she's dealing with, then I think she, like you said, Nick, there is definitely already a conflict and she needs to either make that resolved or have a conversation about where the future lies for the future decisions, because the decisions so far are not ones that she feels probably one hundred percent with. And this is her friend that she's not excited about. But we could be wrong. It could be a friend. And if it is a friend, I think, be a friend. But tell them the real how you feel, because sometimes they just need to hear the truth. Yes, facts, men, So listen to more. We have one more, sure, one more one of us.
Speaker 4: I have been with my boyfriend for five years and we've.
Speaker 5: Lived together for three and.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to tell him that I'm ready for the next step.
Speaker 1: Oh but I don't think that he's ready anyway.
Speaker 5: I just don't know how much longer.
Speaker 1: I should wait, and I don't know what.
Speaker 4: To do because we're both happy and I do love him, but you know, I just need us to be on the same path. So I'm hoping that you guys can hopefully help me out.
Speaker 6: And yeah, I love you all.
Speaker 1: Okay. My name is Emily, by the way, bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Emily.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't really she wasn't particular on what the next step was, guys, could be give the assumption is it could be? That's an assumption. Should you be specify should we go with that as this conversation or should we go somewhere else? Joe, I'm going to dinner? The next step? Where should we have dinner? All right, let's assume, just for the sake of your art, the next step is engagement and then a wedding. Totally right. I think at this point, the fact that she's here and saying I'm ready for the next step, that you're there, then that's the next step. Is you have to have the conversation or talk about it, because she's already made her established decision that that's next. And if he's never going to get there. It's better to know now than waste another five years if that's what you want it out of a relationship. But it's tough because you know they're happy. She doesn't want to she doesn't sure that's up a bad thing. There's happy, and then there's still wanting more. And from what she just said, I'm ready she wants more. M h to start leaving hints around the house. I was going to say that a little rom com game would be good. That's my advice, because you know what, what do you have to lose? Treat it like a rom com. Just be like, oh wow, Susie just got the nicest ring look, and he'd be like, oh that's nice. She's like wow, Oh my gosh, that's crazy. I can't remember. I think wow. I think she says size eight ring, I'm a size nine. That's so crazy, and we wear it on the same finger, drop his finger, drop subtle hints like what size ring are you? I'm an eight? Yeah? Right right? Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: If we got married, like say, say we got married, like where would you want to get married? Yeah? Little subtle things like that, Oh yeah, you know, it could be like honeymoon in like this place, if we ever got married. You never, like, I've never thought about the honeymoon, but if you had to think about it, Yeah, what do you want? The Honeymoon's like the less pressure because it's the fun thing you're right after. So it's like, oh, you can play Mary fuck kill walk us through that? Hope, he says, two out of three with two of her friends. That could get really bad. Okay, I didn't suggest that. Now it got really suggesting you play Mary f Kill with two of your friends and your boyfriend. Advice maybe just to random people. Just ask him the question, Hey, what do you see as a next step for us? I'd love to talk and the next step for what you doing with once you propose? Yeah, there you can go. You get you propose, and then we'll see what happens. You say. Here's how you say it. Look, I got I got it. It's like a beautiful setting, yeah, sunset on the page. Whatever. Whatever his name is, for the sake of this, let's just call him a card Riccardo Riccardo Ricardo. If we were to play a game of Mary f Kill, would you marry me? Or would you fucking kill me? A h On that note, great, Bye bye, bye bye,