Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another episode of The Mark Mass Show, where we're talking about the decentralized revolution. Each and every week, the way the world changes from centralization to decentralization, and we talk about that because if you don't understand the way the world is working, then you don't understand how to stay one step ahead. Now, while most people are wondering what the heck just happened as they watch their wealth and their freedom and their.
Speaker 2: Way of life change and disappear.
Speaker 1: Others can prepare and can benefit from what's going on.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what I want for you. That's exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, it's why I have been so focused on this for the last about twelve years now. And it really started as more of a selfish I'm just gonna be honest with you, from a selfish perspective, trying to watch out for me, myself and my family. But then I figured, hey, I might as well talk about it and share with the rest of the world so every people can get prepared as well. Now, like I said, we look at this world changing, and we try to look at it through the lens of politics, finance, and technology and I like to look at some the latest breaking news headlines so you can start to see how the world is changing.
Speaker 2: So I want to run through some of those.
Speaker 1: We're going to look at what is going on from a global standpoint, specifically with NATO and how that relates to Europe, but not just Europe, how it even relates to China, what's going on over in Taiwan, and so much more, Sweeten, etc. We're going to run through the latest breaking news headlines in bitcoin and crypto. There's a lot going on there. What's going on with the new government central bank digital currency that just came out. We're going to look at some lawsuits that are happening in the tech space that have some big implications of what's going on moving forward.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're going to look at what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in the economy, specifically around job numbers with inflation.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna look at some big.
Speaker 1: News that show how the world has changed in the United States ptifically around businesses, corporations, FTC, regulations and what I like to call the administrative So we got a.
Speaker 2: Lot to cover.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just you know, and it's important to look at these detailed headlines and.
Speaker 2: The big one.
Speaker 1: I like to start at the top because it's what influences everything else, and it's really what's going on in the world with the war. You know, however you want to look at it. You know, I know there's a bunch of different viewpoints on this, but it really comes down to NATO, right. This is where it really seems to be hinging on because you know, obviously there's the Russia Ukraine thing. The United States is the NATO's in with Ukraine, but really it comes down to Russia not wanting Ukraine to be part of NATO. And it makes sense because we wouldn't want Russia or China to put a bunch of nuclear weapons along our Mexico or Canadian border.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't want that.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, we already had a war where Russia tried to do that in Cuba and we didn't want that in Cuba. And now we have China now trying to move into Cuba and we don't want that either. And Cuba is not even on our border, although it's very nearby. But the reason why it's important to understand that is because as all of this is going on, it puts a lot of stress onto those relationships. And specifically this week we saw NATO have a summit. They met in Lithuania, and Sweden was asking to join NATO. They wanted to become part of that, but Turkey is strongly opposed in Sweden joining NATO.
Speaker 2: These things get.
Speaker 1: Pretty messy, so I try to keep them somewhat simple. But in Sweden people are opposed to kind of the Muslim movement that's been happening inside Sweden. There was some Kuran Qurans that were being burned there and so Turkey took offense to that and oppose that.
Speaker 2: Which is that mean?
Speaker 1: It's understandable, It's understandable. You know, a lot of this has to do with cultures that just don't align properly and trying to force square pegs.
Speaker 2: Into round holes, so to speak.
Speaker 1: Right, you have like George Soros is nonprofit called Open Societies, and he really wants all these different people to move all in together. But the problem is that they just don't all get along. And while I believe that, you know, I believe Jesus told us that the number one commandment is to love God and love other people more than yourself. So I believe in loving everybody. It doesn't mean that we have to hang out with everybody all the time. We should treat everybody with love and respect, everybody from the homeless drug addict to the maniac that you don't agree with whatever. We should treat everybody with love and respect. But it doesn't mean we have to hang out with everybody. Sometimes you just want to hang out with people that are just sort of like you, with the same interests as you, same you know, desire, same values, things like that, And I think that's okay in my opinion.
Speaker 2: The shouldn't benthing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: But the problem is when you have this, you know, these these forced policies pushing mass migration, and you bring cultures that are opposite of each other and try to force them together, and then it causes clashes. And that's sort of like what we've been seeing happening in Sweden, I think is and and I'm not saying it's right by any means, but it's important to understand that because if you understand that, then you also understand what's happening in the United States right now. You know, we've had millions of people come across the southern border with the same thing happening in the United States that happened in Europe, right You had all that destabilization in Syria in the Middle East that pushed millions of migrants up into Germany. France and Sweden have now caused a lot of problems. We look at what's happening in France right now. In France they've been having the riots. French President Emmanuel Macron announced I think forty five thousand, you know, additional troops to go in there and try to try to slow things down.
Speaker 2: You know, we have the situations in Sweden and that's sort of like what we're probably.
Speaker 1: Going to see at some point in the United States. I pray that we don't, but unfortunately that's where things are going. But back to the NATO thing, you know, it's really taking a turn because now not only are we seeing countries not want to be part of NATO and be the you know then it's this alliance over there, but we have Russia saying, hey, if these nations do join NATO like then we really have to step up what we're doing. And the Russian Foreign Ministry said that NATO wants to return to these Cold War schemes. Then Moscow will quote respond in a timely and appropriate manner. The Krimlin spokesperson, Dmitri Peskov, said that it was potentially very dangerous for the West to give Ukraine security guarantees. The Russian Foreign Ministry said that the summit showed that NATO was reverting to cold war schemes cold war schemes and added that it would respond in a timely and appropriate manner using all means and.
Speaker 2: Methods at our disposal.
Speaker 1: So they're escalating this to points that just don't need to be raised. I mean, the United States is now offering to send like cluster bombs over to Ukraine to continue to escalate the situation. This is a losing proposition for everybody on the planet Earth. This is potentially going to a nuclear war level, which is devastating, not just for the people that is inflicted on it's.
Speaker 2: Devastating for everybody on Earth.
Speaker 1: It's devastating for the land and Earth itself. There's nobody that wins from this except for the industrial military complex. The only one that's winning from this is the people selling the weapons.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Who else is benefiting from this war? You can't say that we're going in there and saving you know, people living in some harsh authoritarian dictator regime because we're not. That's the situation they're living in. Now we're I mean, I guess the argument is that somehow maybe Putin is worse than Zelenski. But the bigger problem is that now over in China they see the same thing. And now China is looking at NATO, and NATO said that the People's Republic of China is challenging its interest and security values with its quote ambitious and coercive policies, and now this has starting to escalate how China is looking at the United States and NATO in specifically in regards to Taiwan. They said that the Chinese Mission said that China opposes NATO's quote eastward movement into the Asia Pacific region and warned that any action threatening Beijing's rights would be met with a resolute response as well. So now they're saying, hey, NATO, like you're overstepping your bounds and if you even think about coming over here, then we're going to.
Speaker 2: Have to respond.
Speaker 1: And so all of this is escalating to a point that, like I said, this doesn't benefit anybody. I was listening to Tulsi Gabbard speak at this Freedom Fest where I'm speaking at tomorrow, and she said that founding Fathers James Adams said that permanent war is always a threat to liberty, and so this permanent war that we're in is the threat. It doesn't do any good for anybody at all. You're listening to the Marcromas Show talking about the decentralized Revolution.
Speaker 2: We back with more in a minute.
Speaker 1: Don't go away, We're back, all right, Welcome back. If you're just tune in, you're listening to the Markomas Show talking about the decentralized Revolution, running through some of the latest breaking news headlines this week, so you know what the heck is going on, so that you can sound like you know, like you're smart and tuned in when you go to that cocktail party this weekend or whatever it is that you're doing. And you know, of course, we'd like to look at the world through the lens of politics, finance, and technologies. We can get a really comprehensive view, a holistic view of what's going on. And of course the technology is always a thing that's changed the world the most, and the technology the folk we like to focus on is bitcoin. It's the decentralized technology that's decentralizing the world. But as Bitcoin is decentralizing the world, we have I guess you know what they say, each force has that equal and opposite reaction. The equal and opposite reaction is the centralizing forces want to come out with their own answer to Bitcoin, their counter to bitcoin, a digital version of bitcoin that they can control. And of course that is a cb DC we talk about all the time. Of course, that's a generic term for it, right it's a central bank digital currency. But in the United States, the Land of the Free, I might add, there's a lot of pushback to central bank digital currencies because the people already know thanks to people like myself and lots of other people pounding the table about the dangers and how bad these things are. Now you know, I've been talking about how because everybody is starting to wake up to how bad these things are, because we're starting to see, you know, I mean, now we're seeing presidential candidates running out against this, like RFK, like Vivid Ramaswami, even Ronda Santist, et cetera, passing laws like in Florida and South Carolina and Texas banning central bank digital currencies, so you know, the government just will just call them something else, like CBDC sounds so bad. People have so much pushback to that, so let's just call them something else that nobody will know what that means. Now, now, I believe over eighty percent of all financial transactions, you know, are already done digitally anyway, So we sortady already have a digital dollar.
Speaker 2: And how do you know.
Speaker 1: What software, what back end, what rails that that those dollars are moving on and you don't. And so the Federal Reserve in the United States has now created something called fed Now, and fed now has been going through this you know, this pilot, this testing program, and now it's been released into the wild. Now it's not totally a CBDC as most people think about a CBDC in a sense where when we think about a CBDC essenter by digital currency, it's where you and I have these new payment tokens, these new currency tokens or you know whatever you want to call them, digital asset tokens that we trade back and forth in the place of dollars, sort of like you do with cryptocurrency. But this and then we have those accounts directly with the central bank. So the central bank has the ledger. You and I use the currency units of that ledger. But in this case fed now is not that right, it's not a unit for retail consumption. This is only for the banks to be using, and it's a way for them to send money back and forth faster between themselves, to have settlement back and forth between themselves to be faster.
Speaker 2: And some of the.
Speaker 1: Ways it's faster is like, for example, right now, banks using the fed wire system can only send money during normal banking hours, which, as you know, bankers hours are like the easiest, the lightest hours that you can have, and only during those banking hours can money move. But what about when you need to send money at night, or on a weekend or on any of the numerous holidays at bank support And the answer is you can, And so fed wire is a very slow system and archaic old system. The settlement times are slow, and so forth. And now you've won from fed wire to fed now, which means you can send money now it's faster, and it happens twenty four to seven, and so On one hand, I don't believe personally that this is the big, bad, dangerous CBDC. And I know you'll see a lot of headlines, you know, the Glenn dex of the world are really pushing this to kind of scare you. You know, I'm just going to tell you as honest as I know that in my opinion, this is not a central bank digital currency, but this opens up the door to it, all right, And so you have to understand that typically these types of things, especially in the United States, where we have a say so, where the people still have a little bit of a voice, we can push back and states can ban this, right, and so it slows things downs and forcesn't reconsidered, whereas in China. Of course, China was the first country to roll out of central bank digital currency because it's communist. They don't care what people say. People have no voice. If you say something they don't like, they just give you a low social credit score and you're taking out of the system anyway. But in the US they have to do it different. So I think it's not a central big digital currency, but it's certainly opening up the door to that.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like the first stage of this.
Speaker 1: Now some of the pros of having this are that businesses could receive funds from their customers and pay their workers immediately. So it could it could simplify cash management.
Speaker 2: Some of the.
Speaker 1: Cons or it could cause some serious liquidity risks. So like for example, we saw on the you know, the banking crisis, or I say, some of the banking collapse, like with the Silicon Valley Bank. I believe like one hundred billion dollars was taken out of the bank like in a day. And so with things like social media, news travels very fast, and with banking apps, like literally I can hear the news on Twitter, open up my banking app, and with a click of a button, I could just transfer my money from bank A to bank B. And it was all those people pulling their funds out at a rapid rate that caused the banking collapse. And so now if you can move money faster from bank to bank, it only increases the risks of that happening. So then what are they going to do. Well, then they have to fix that somehow. How can they fix that? Well, they fix that by putting gates and checkpoints in to slow it down. They ultimately don't want the money to move that fast, not from bank to bank anyway. And so now, well for transactions over one hundred thousand and those have to go through manual view, we're going to slow those down. And so at the end of the day, what it does is it sort of just introduces.
Speaker 2: It just introduces more control methods.
Speaker 1: But at the same time as they're fighting against, you know, the decentralized money like Bitcoin, trying to push their centralized money like a CBDC or in this case FED. Now we can see that it's really there's a there's a new case that's really exposing this. As a matter of fact, Kitlyn Long, who's a head of Custodia Bank, who I've also had on my show, and we have a podcast talking about this. So again search Caitlyn Long on the Mark Mas Show podcast and if you want to, if you want to check this out. But Custodia Bank had this bright idea of not doing a fractional reserve, and what that means is that instead of taking your money and then loaning it back out, they would actually hold your money, so anytime you wanted, you could go withdraw your money and it wouldn't collapse the bank. Sounds like a pretty good idea. And the Federal Reserve denied their banking charter denied it. Why well, they don't want anybody to do a full reserve bank. Why not because if there was a bank offering full reserve, then everybody would want that, and they would pull all their money from the fractional reserves and put it into full reserve, and it it would destroy the entire banking system. So of course they denied it. Well, Custodia has now filed a lawsuit, a groundbreaking lawsuit against the Federal Reserve. They filed that in June of twenty twenty two, and it is exposing this whole regime, which is pretty amazing. It's going to be interesting to watch that. Another thing I want to talk about quickly is that bitcoin has been on the move. And as much as bitcoin has been on the move, the bitcoin miners have been absolutely crushing it. As a matter of fact, Bitcoin is up in the last thirty days about twenty five percent, and at the same time, we've seen publicly traded bitcoin miners that have gone up by one hundred to two hundred and fifty percent, Riot Blockchains up one hundred and eighteen percent, hut Eights up one hundred and forty six percent, Mars up one hundred and twenty five percent. I mean we saw Core scientifics up two hundred and twenty five percent in the same thirty day period. Bitcoin's on the move. The free market is speaking, we don't want CBDCs, we want bitcoin money. The markets are voting, people are voting with their money. Hopefully at some point the powers that be will is recognize that we're in a democracy. Well, we're not a democracy in the republic, but the people have a voice, and this is they voice their opinion with their money, and that's the way it should go. If you're just tuned in, you're listening to the Mark mass Show, running through some of the latest breaking news headlines of this week, so you can understand how the world is changing right before you varize it more importantly, so you can navigate it properly. I got to take a very quick break, but I'll be back with more stories in a minute that you don't want to miss, So don't away.
Speaker 2: I'll bear back, all right, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: If you just tune in, you're listening to the Mark Moss Show, and we are talking about the decentralized revolution. Of course, each and every week we're running through some of the latest breaking news headlines so.
Speaker 2: You can understand what is going on.
Speaker 1: And you know, in this thesis of moving from you know, big globalized central planning, centralization globalization, moving towards this more smaller, decentralized world, it's important to look at it from a bunch of perspectives, in one of which is these like very large multinational corporations and companies.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Because on one hand, you see, you know, specifically in the United States, you see in the European Union as well, like the government's trying.
Speaker 2: To break up what they would call monopolies.
Speaker 1: And I talk about this because we just saw this week that Microsoft, who has been.
Speaker 2: You know, accused, h sued.
Speaker 1: Many times by the government for or having a monopoly, must suit again, you know, for have another monopoly. But this time Microsoft won, and it won its case against the FTC in a bid to buy Activision Blizzard. Now, Microsoft and Activision, you know, struck up a deal about eighteen months ago where Microsoft wanted to buy them out, and then the FTC came in and tried to break them down and prevent that from happening. What happened is a district Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley denied the FTC's request for an injunction, so the FTC tried to stop it from happening by fonn injunction. She said that the quote, the FTC has not shown it is likely to succeed on its assertion that combined firm will probably pull Call of Duty from Sony PlayStation, or that its ownership of Activision content will be substantially less competitive in the video game.
Speaker 2: Library, subscription and cloud gaming markets.
Speaker 1: So she said, look, sec, we don't think that this is true. What you're asserting to be true. We don't see that, and so we're going to just go ahead and pull this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The FTC, you know, the government has just gone to a point where it's just so big. There's just so many different factions, uh and and so many different interests and so many different things going on, and that's that's sort of a problem. So there's there's really no congruency there. We've seen, you know, the FTC has sued lots of people for doing things like this, and the FTC is really one of these deep state, bureaucratic administrative states, you know, agencies inside the government that really needs to be disbanded. You hear a lot about the administrative state, and the administrative state is a is a bunch of different sectors regulatory bodies in the United States of non elected.
Speaker 2: People that.
Speaker 1: Are basically there for life and have all the power. So while you have the illusion of voting for, you know, a politician, because you think that politician is going to go and change things, what you realize is that, you know, whether they're a senator or congressman or president, they have different terms two years, four years, et cetera. They're there for a couple of years to do whatever they're going to do. The administrative state is there before they got there, they're there while they're there, they're there after they're there, and they're the ones that have all the power now. Vivik Ramaswami is a presidential candidate on the Republican Party. He's been very very, very very outspoken about this. I've actually had Vivic on my show to talk about this. If you'd like to check that out, just go back to the Mark mass Show on your favorite podcast app and find their Vivic Ramaswami interview. But you know, he is a kind of approaches date head on. Now, Donald Trump talked about taking on the deep state, but I don't think he really understood what he was dealing with. Where Vivic understands what this administrative state is. And this is exactly what's going on with this FTC case. Now, what's interesting about this is at the same time as that happened, we saw that there was another case. It was miss versus Biden, and the Missouri versus Biden proved that big tech and the federal government colluded to suppress millions of people of protected free speech, you know, an American. So they basically slapped an injunction on the federal government, on the Biden administration, and said you can't go coerce these big tech companies to do your bidding anymore. And the reason why I like these two stories and why it's important to think about this is that on one hand, you see like the FTC apparently seems to be wanting to break up monopolies and prevent these monopolies from forming. But on the other hand, it looks like what the government bodies and regulations are doing are creating these monopolies, and they actually want to create these monopolies. So what do I mean by that? Won't just look at the pandemic. They were literally shutting down mom and pop businesses everywhere, deeming them non non essential. At the same time, the big box stores, the national the multinational corporations got bigger and bigger and bigger. So the small decentralized mom and pop stores and businesses everywhere shut down.
Speaker 2: The big stores got.
Speaker 1: Bigger, bigger, and bigger and more powerful. Now why is that important? Well, it's much harder to control one hundred or a thousand or one hundred thousand small independent business people than it is to squeeze one single national or multinational company.
Speaker 2: It's much easier to control that. You know. One of the things that the government's trying.
Speaker 1: To achieve, a very very stupid plan that they're trying to achieve, is equal outcome. Now, I believe in equality, and we should all be treated equally, we should all have equal opportunity.
Speaker 2: But you can't have equal outcome, and.
Speaker 1: You can't have equal outcome for any number of reasons, one of which is because the outcomes that we have are based on the decisions that we make.
Speaker 2: So you have two twins come from.
Speaker 1: The the exact same family, in the exact same neighborhood, go to the exact same school, go to the exact same teachers, with the exact same.
Speaker 2: Parents, and yet end up completely different.
Speaker 1: Why because of the choices that they made. So if you really wanted to get people to an equal outcome, then what do you have to do. We have to make sure they only make the same choices.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you do that. We have to limit the.
Speaker 1: Choices they can make so that either choices they make end to the same place. And you do that by eliminating all those small choices. The other thing that I think is interesting about is is that while on one hand, as I said, the government looks like they're trying to break up monopolies, on the other hand, they want the monopolies to be there. The other thing is that it's actually the government regulations that create the monopolies in the first place.
Speaker 2: You see, it's the government.
Speaker 1: It's as I was going to talk about, with the administrative state, it's not really the elected politicians that you send to Washington that make the laws. They basically spend their time fundraising. What they do is they sponsor bills that turn into laws. Where do the bills come from where they come from lobby groups. Who are the lobby groups, that's the corporations. So what corporations do, like Amazon, is they work with the government to pass regulations that build moats that prevent other people from.
Speaker 2: Coming and challenging them.
Speaker 1: Without the government and without regulations that built these regulatory motes for big businesses, we wouldn't have things like monopolies now. In the old days of you know, railroads and oil companies and factories, maybe there was a little bit more there because it took a lot of capital to do that. But in today's digital age, we're full of decentralized small internet businesses. A guy can spin up a line of code in a couple hours using AI today and go compete against an other companies. As a matter of fact, Google put out a release saying that they can no longer compete with these decentralized businesses. And so big businesses move very slow. There's lots of people, lots of regulations, they move very very slow. As new people can instantly jump on a new hot idea and develop it with almost no cost today and compete, and so monopolies would automatically go away if the government would stop regulating them. But the problem is they continue to do both. So we're seeing it happen from both sides. And this again just highlights how the world is changing, really moving from these large multinational companies and we'll continue to decentralize down into smaller and smaller companies. And we're literally witnessing this happening in real time and in the FTC, in the SEC, in all of these regulatory bodies, these deep administrative state. I'm actually hosting a Twitter space with presidential candidate RFK Junior next week. Check me out on Twitter at one Mark Moss and you can join that. One of the questions I'm asking them specifically is this, I'm going to ask them spetificlarly, how do you think you're gonna ge anything done with the administrative state in place. I'm interested to hear what his answer is to that. If you'd like me to ask any other questions that you have, hit me up on Twitter at one Mark Moss and let me know what questions you'd like me to ask RFK Junior and then tune into the space live to check that out. Now, if you're just tune in, you are listening to the Mark Mass show, of course talking about the decentralized Revolution. I got a whole lot more to cover when I come back. We're going to dig into the economy, what the new inflation numbers are, the new CPI ratings, and what that actually means because the numbers are not what they appear to be. We'll talk about what's happening with the economy and so much more.
Speaker 2: I gotta take a quick break.
Speaker 1: But it'll be right back, so don't go away.
Speaker 2: I'll be back.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome back. If you're just tune in, you are listening to the Mark Mass Show. I just took a quick break, but I'm back with more late breaking news so you can hear directly as it comes out, so you can understand what is going on in the world today. And of course we've covered a lot, but don't worry if you're missing it, just go back and check out the podcast.
Speaker 2: You can hear me over there. But you know, I want to talk about what is going on.
Speaker 1: Big news this week, the new CPI, the Consumer Price Index numbers came out. Everything is great, right, the Fed is doing its job, it's getting inflation down. Everything's amazing, right right right, I mean inflation's coming down right right, Well, inflation is measured by CPI Consumer Price Index, but there's also other things that we can measure inflation prices with CPI. Consumer price index first of all, is a very heavily manipulated number. What do I mean by that, Well, it means that over the last really since the eighties, the last several decades, the BLS, the Bureau Labor Statistics, which is who sets the CPI basket, has continued to change the basket of goods. So you didn't like the old numbers, so let's just recalculate to give you a new number. The other thing is that the FED, trying to bring inflation down, doesn't really care so much about CPI.
Speaker 2: They really care, well, they care about like.
Speaker 1: Core CPI, so it's important to understand what they're really looking at. But in regards to the CPI, which is the kind of the published number that everybody pays attention to, you know, the headline that came out is that this headline figure, this headline number shows that we're now down to three point one percent of inflation. The CPI is now three percent. It was anticipated to be three point one. It came out to be three point zero.
Speaker 2: Now why does that matter?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, the Fed has a target of two percent, and the problem was for years they couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get it. They couldn't get it. We had no inflation, no inflation, no inflation. They won one one on one. We have to get it up, get it up, get it up, get it up. We gotta get to two percent.
Speaker 1: Well they overshot it. They got to nine nine point one. Well, oh shoot, well we overshot it. Now let's bring it back down. So they've been trying to bring it back down two percent. The target worth three percent. So we're getting closer there. But the reason why you have to dig in a little bit deeper is because if you look at if you look at the CPI basket.
Speaker 2: What you'll see is that.
Speaker 1: Of all the things they're tracking, really the only thing that came down inside that basket was energy.
Speaker 2: Energy came down.
Speaker 1: And the reason why that's important is because what the FED really cares about isn't isn't the headline CPI. It's really caring about the core CPI. And what core CPI does is it takes that out of the equation.
Speaker 2: And so if you.
Speaker 1: Look at what they really care about.
Speaker 2: You understand that the numbers really actually aren't even that good.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, the inflation is still very high if you take the energy component out. Now, why is the energy component going down so much? Well, because inflation.
Speaker 2: Is measured year over year.
Speaker 1: So what they do is they go, well, energy was one hundred and thirty dollars a barrel, oil was one hundred and thirty dollars a barrel this month last year, and now it's this price this year, so they measure it from that point. And of course they're measuring from when oil was its high price.
Speaker 2: Now they redid it.
Speaker 1: As I said, the BLS changes a CPI calculation on a regular basis, and they changed it in January of twenty twenty three this year, I did a video on my main YouTube channel, Mark Moss.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to.
Speaker 1: See these videos where I have charts and graphs and I outline explain this and I show you the data behind it in a visual way, just go to Mark Moss on YouTube and just you can check all.
Speaker 2: Those videos out there.
Speaker 1: But I made a video in January explaining that the BLS has once again changed there's CPI calculation basket, and that if nothing else changed, let's just say that all prices stay the same, inflation would start coming down because of that. And the reason why I start coming down because of that is because now instead of measuring from a two year comp we're only going to measure it from a one year comp. And so because last year was the peak September, we're two months away from the very peak. If you measure from a higher.
Speaker 2: Point, it looks lower. It's not a big surprise.
Speaker 1: And so as we're measuring from the high point energy oil prices inflation, it's automatically going to come down and look less. So it's important to understand, Now, what does that mean. Well, it means a couple things. One, it means that I think we're about at the bottom of where this inflation is going to be.
Speaker 2: Now I've been pretty vocal.
Speaker 1: I believe that we're seeing some of the lowest inflation we'll see for the rest of the decades. So I think inflation is still going to go way higher, at least real inflation. And I say real is because of course, like I said, they're manipulating it. We have other sources that track inflation back to how they used to calculate it, so like for example, shadow Stats tracks it, and we can see that, you know, when they were showing that it was you know, nine percent, it was really about eighteen percent, right, And that's why I say real inflation. The other thing to kind of keep in mind is that the CPI calculation is pretty stupid overall in my opinion. And the reason why I say that is because inflation affects us all differently. We're all affected differently. And what do I mean by that. Well, if you live in your parents' basement and you watch Netflix and you eat you know, frozen pizza, like, inflation hasn't even affected you at all. But if you live in like Miami Beach in a high rise condo and you send your kids to private school or you know, private college, inflation has.
Speaker 2: Hit you really, really, really hard.
Speaker 1: So it affects all of us differently, and so trying to kind of measure it in a single number doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense anyway. But in my opinion, this is some of the lowest inflation we'll see for the rest of the decade. I think energy has pretty much bottomed out at this point, and we'll probably start going higher from here, so we definitely have to keep an eye on that. But I think now is a good time to get back in on energy and plan for prices going higher. What would you do a plan for prices going higher? Well, for one, if prices are going higher, that means that you're purchasing power is going to go down. So you're gonna need more money to have the same quality of life that you have right now.
Speaker 2: So what do you do about that?
Speaker 1: Well, one, you can think about making more money. That could be one, But two, you probably want to put your money, your savings, your stored money into some sort of asset that can at least keep up with but hopefully beat the inflation rate. So what are those Well, it depends certain certain market cycles. Right now, I like energy, as we've just talked about, I think energy prices are bottoming out.
Speaker 2: Energy prices got hammered.
Speaker 1: As particularly hard because of the Russia Ukraine War, and most people thought that the Ukraine War would really put a crimp into the global supply of energy, and so prices shot way higher, right But what we found out is that that's not actually what happened. And as a matter of fact, and as a matter of fact, Uh, there wasn't much of a disruption at all. There's almost no disruption. Russia continuous sell or oil, the continue to sell to you know, India continue to find its way into the global markets regardless. And now we you know, we find out we have plenty of oil. And so I think that was a big shock that never seemed to materialize. So I would plan on, like I said, trying to divers find assets that could keep up with or beat inflation. I like energy, I like commodities. I've been talking about commodities a lot lately. I know real estate, you know, has getting has been getting hammered, particularly around the interest rates, which I think the interest rates will be coming back down. I think it's gonna be a really big opportunity there, specifically around multi family you know, commercial properties, watching those as well. So not financial advice, not financial advice, but these are some things that I'm watching and kind of waiting for h and some other news that kind of continues to hit on that which is this inflation. If you think of about inflation, really inflation is the increase in the money supply prices going up. Is the effect of the increases in the money supply, and so we can see that the US national debt has now increased by over one trillion dollars just since the debt ceiling was suspended last month, just last month, we're going from thirty one point four to six to thirty two point four.
Speaker 2: To seven in a month.
Speaker 1: Those with the recession looming, you know, workforce disability claims hitting. I mean, all of this happening, inflation raging, and yet here we are adding another cool trilli in just a month. So I like to say, you know, or the old saying is that there's only two things in life that are certain, and that's death in taxes. I'll say that there's three things in life that are certain. Now it's death, it's taxes.
Speaker 2: And it's money printing.
Speaker 1: Those are the three things that you can count for. And money printing, of course leads back to more inflation.
Speaker 2: Now we've been.
Speaker 1: Running through some of the latest breaking news headlines this week. You're listening to the markms Show. If you missed any of it, check me out on the podcast at the Mark Moss Show. And that's what we got.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for listening.