Speaker 1: A podcast called twenty five West Stocking Sports and they are whizz so, yeah, it's too bad, But what did you expect? It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles.
Speaker 2: Bill O'Brien coming up a little bit. Head football coach at Boston College, but head coach of the Texans went to Penn State, was in the Alabama Hey goo, coach for Nick Saban for a minute and then it'll put you back into the program.
Speaker 3: Was he a coordinator?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Defensive coordinators, offensive coordinator? Was he not? I believe so yeah, because he's been a quarterback and wide receivers guy. So he'll be on from Boston College and just a little bit, so that'd be cool. What do I want to start? Let's do real sports for a seconds, real sports. Why did you yell real sports.
Speaker 3: Because you said you want to do real sports.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna talk about sports about pick a ball for a second, but I want to do real sports first before we'd get to that. Actually, Deebo Samuel's going to the Commanders. Oh gosh, you're a Cowboys fan. How does it make you feel?
Speaker 3: That's brutal, man, They're just stacking up over there. It's just gonna be hard. The Eagles are gonna be good again. Commanders, they're setting up to be good again. I mean, that's gonna leave the Cowboys in third place. Probably we're gonna have no chance with the playoffs again.
Speaker 2: I mean, Aaron Rodgers probably goes to the Giants now, and he'll probably play pretty well. I can see him playing pretty well with the Giants, much better than you did with the Jets. Yeah, and like that, yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, you know you're a Jets fan.
Speaker 3: We're cursed.
Speaker 2: And also a longer time from that injury.
Speaker 3: That's that the injuries, and he was playing better towards the end of the year.
Speaker 2: So the Deebo Samuel trade is to the Commanders for a fifth round pick, And it's not so much about the pick, because you're like, dang, he's pretty good. Why did he only get a fifth rounder? Mostly it was because of the basically eighteen million dollars salary and the fact that he's always hurt. So yeah, as a Cowboys fan, probably not what you want to hear.
Speaker 3: We got Jonathan Mingo though, and gave our third round pick for him.
Speaker 4: He did that last just looking back at moves like that, you're just like, oh, and then the Commanders they give a pick a fourth round, they fit the round for freaking Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 5: It is just I feel like he's going to go off this year McLaurin. Yeah, and he's got something to prove now, and like they can use him in the run game.
Speaker 2: Got a good quarterback. Yeah, that's gonna be pretty cool. The Commanders are starting to be a real team, which is weird because they haven't been in a long time. I mean the end of the Redskins, the Washington football team or club or whatever they were for a minute. The Commanders, they kind of suck. They've kind of been a team that sucked for a long time. Yeah, so you just think their color sucked, like anybody that colored a team that sucks, Like that's if a team is that bad that long that talked all about the Jaguars, Like if anyone is that kind of like bluish green, I'm like, they must suck because that's a loser color.
Speaker 3: That's funny how you associate that, because yeah, what is that maroon? That ugly whatever it is?
Speaker 2: And I double year is a terrible looking logo. But I'm telling you a little bit of winning changes that you start to go it's pretty solid. W Like that's a good fund right there. So yeah, that sucks with the Cowboys because it looks like the commanders of New Ownership are starting to be a real life. They're starting to be a Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: I'm a real boy. And you talked to Jaden, Daniel's like, what's he like?
Speaker 2: Chills could be chill as could be cool is the other side of the pillow? Cool as a cucumber, cool decice. He's willing the sack.
Speaker 3: Like nothing. It seems like nothing gets to that guy. Yeah, yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I would think that if people hadn't been saying that a lot on television, because talking heads are like, yeah, nothing affects him, And then when you meet him, and you've already had that built into you, you're like, oh, I see what they mean. If I were to have met him without that, I'd have been like I didn't care about anything. But because people that actually know him talking about him leave them. Plus, I'm not even super nice. He was like night, he was like good manners. You say, yes, sir, do you super polite?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, sorry, Deebo Sam is only twenty nine, which is crazy. He seems like he's about forty three because like he feels like it's my age. Commanders are optimistic obviously, or they wouldn't spend the eighteen million bucks on it. Other free agency stuff. We mentioned Aaron Rodgers because Stafford is resigning in LA and is getting getting his money for another couple of years. Aaron Rodgers obviously is not going to go to LA. I think that was the move. Had Stafford decided to go to the Giants or to the Raiders. Stafford stand in LA. It looks like Aaron Rodgers to the Giants. It's not a foregone conclusion, but it seems to be trending that way, which probably means they won't draft a quarterback, right.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know, because I think they're hoping that he can mentor.
Speaker 2: But have they tried that Zach Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a lot of mentor the Jets, Yeah, exactly so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, he did get hurt immediately. Maybe in his older age he won't be such a douchebag, right.
Speaker 3: He was humbled a little bit. We keep waiting for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you're right, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: It never happened, But like, he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't super warm with Jordan Love from any of the conversations I've had with people that know. But what's crazy is is that he wasn't treated warmly when he came up with Brett Faarr. Right, So you would think someone who kind of was treated like garbage wouldn't treat someone like garbage. And again i've my sources are seven out of ten's about the green Bay situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know Aaron Rodgers. He also seems like the kind of guy that if you even let him know that he's going to go in a mentoring role, he's not cool with that. Like, I'm only here to play. I'm here to win. I don't care about the next generation. That's your problem, not mine.
Speaker 2: And if you sign him, you sign him probably to a two year deal and you hope he is able to complete that contract. But you're going probably one, maybe two. But does he think that is the question? Right? Right? He may think he's superman. He's done, he's done just enough ayahuasca to feel like he's invincible. Stefan Diggs is a free agent.
Speaker 3: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Would you like Cowboys to have him, would love it. Brother and brother.
Speaker 3: I think there's nothing better than having family members together in one team.
Speaker 2: Do they have enough money? Probably not, Yeah, especially if they gotta sign Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: Yep. I mean Dak took most of their money. Now they got to sign Michael Parsons's gonna take a good chunk of money.
Speaker 2: I mean, Ceedee Lamb took a big part of it too.
Speaker 3: Yes, I understand three players are taking a lot of the Cowboys money, but we did lose Zach Martin, so maybe that frees up a little bit of money. That tire sucks.
Speaker 2: So he retired and he was stables. Yeah, yeah, he was a stud that you treated that like it was a positive. And I'm here to tell you.
Speaker 3: Just money, just money wise. Yeah, it's almost like you can't replace that. You cannot replace that. But you look at it like, all right, that's us suck, that's tough for us, But that is some money that we have left over now. Now, maybe we can use that somewhere useful.
Speaker 2: But he's nowhere more useful than the offensive line. He retired. There's nothing we could do with Oh, I know, but you're acting like it's a good thing. You're talking yourself into it. I'm not allowing it. No, dude, it's getting worse.
Speaker 3: Did you see him at the Honors? No, he was there.
Speaker 2: I didn' see him.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool to see him there, and I've never seen I've never seen him before.
Speaker 2: He's a big man, Justin Fields. So the Steelers are reportedly leaning towards signing Fields over Russell Wilson as of this hour. I don't know what they're gonna do. For a while, it was Aaron Rodgers to the Steelers. He's kind of flirted with everybody. Yeah, but you know, if they signed Fields, it's more of a long term play. He's only twenty six years old. He was four and two before getting benched. But the defense was playing awesome. So that four and two. I'm not gonna say Justin Fields won four games, but he didn't play terrible. And Russell Wilson, I think was just going to be the guy until he wasn't. But Russ is a free agent. Raiders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the what are the Raiders doing over there?
Speaker 2: Garoppolo, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: He Carol Reunion. Yeah, well that'd be cool. I guess they kind of ended pretty poorly.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was sour any indications that I had for Yeah, because he traded him right, he wanted out. But also the Garoppolo situation. They act like Pete Carol loves Jimmy Garoppolo. Garoppolo won. Let's not forget Garoppolo won. He got to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when did Garoppolo play for Carol?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say that. I'm saying he acts like that. They're saying Pete Carroll likes Garoppolo. I don't think they ever played. No, I don't together T Higgins man, he's good. I don't know where Cincinnati is getting money. I mean, if anything, they'll tag him a franchise, tag him. I don't think they can pay all. I don't think they paid Jamar Chase h Hendrickson, the Trey Hendrickson, Yeah, and T Higgins when they can tag T Higgins. Khalil Mack and he's getting older, huh, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's up there now and he's like, yeah, he's been around the block.
Speaker 2: The Eagles kind of the leader in the clubhouse there. Sense I would love to go to the Eagles far old Yah, I mean they're ready to go. They are I mean Miles Garrett's if he goes to the Eagles, Oh my god, like it's gonna it's.
Speaker 3: And they'll trade the picks to the rounds or yeah those.
Speaker 2: Miles Garrett's not an old man, right, yeah, and he's awesome. It's like him with TJ. Watt, Like that's top tier. I think Henrison's right below them. Yeah yeah, just barely. Yeah, but holy crap. And then Sam Darnald so Donald very much could be a raider. He could could be back with the Vikings if they feel like JJ McCarthy is not progressing in a way. But I feel like from what I'm hearing, and I do have d I do have a couple of decent I do now have odd connections. I know it's weird. I do have odd connections. I feel like he is progressing at the rate they expect, which.
Speaker 5: Is wild because I feel like when he came out of college, everyone was like, oh, he just hands the ball off that he doesn't do any you know, he can't make NFL throws, and it's just like, I feel like.
Speaker 2: That was yes, and that was what was said, but I feel like a lot of that was just because the offense at Michigan ran because they never had to throw the ball. They got up and then just here you go, here you go read how you doing, buddy? Just starting? Man?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just I'm here listening. You know, I'm enjoying the show.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: You know, he's like a listener, but in person, exactly school.
Speaker 2: What do you think about free agency?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: You know, I wish we could be free agents in life.
Speaker 2: You are, you are literally a free agent, can do whatever you want. You're leaving this show. Oh my gosh, you walked right into that.
Speaker 6: Man, I am a free agent.
Speaker 2: I never made you sign a contract.
Speaker 6: I need an agent.
Speaker 2: An agent would only take you if he felt like he could make money off of you.
Speaker 6: Oh that's fair, that wouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: You'd keep all the money.
Speaker 6: What do you mean, Yeah, yeah, I'll keep all the money.
Speaker 2: An agent would take ten percent, ten unless it's a massive contract, and then they would take less. Like there are certain in certain sports they can't take more than like two point five or three percent, because you're talking about millions of dollars. Where it's weird with these college athletes is the agents can go twenty percent, fifteen percent because there are no regulations, and so you have college athletes going, I'm in and they're having to give twenty percent of their money away.
Speaker 6: I mean, could you even say fifty percent?
Speaker 2: You can say whatever you want in certain situations, like if an agent. I have an agent, and I have an agency, and so I have different agents inside that agency, but my main agent it's ten percent of anything, except for like my big radio deal, which is two percent. But if I'm like touring, it's ten percent. Crazy, yeah, it's ten.
Speaker 6: Percent, But it also gets you a lot of that unities.
Speaker 2: So that's the way, right, Is it worth giving up ten percent? Am I getting seventeen percent? Fourteen percent from the agent? To give up ten percent?
Speaker 6: That makes sense?
Speaker 2: Now I give my management fifteen percent?
Speaker 6: Oh who, so you're spreading it across So that's.
Speaker 2: Already twenty five already percent immediately, and my business manager gets five percent. That's thirty percent any money I make thirty percent.
Speaker 6: So you're just hoping you get more more opportunities then that everybody is just helping you.
Speaker 2: That that is the plan. Now for my radio contract, it is not at thirty percent. For my radio contract is much lower. Like I mentioned, with baseball players, football players. There's only a certain level they can take. But for if I'm touring, if I'm doing television, all that, it's thirty percent. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm learning stuff. Man.
Speaker 2: It sucks, yeah, because I have to pay it out every two months, so I'm writing checks that just.
Speaker 6: Seems like a lot of like organization you gotta have.
Speaker 2: That's why your business manager is worth five percent because bills don't come to my house or I have to pay percentages everywhere, and so she does that, and she also all call her and be like, hey, can I buy this? Oh yeah, just make sure because you're like, yeah, like what do we do? I I grew up with no under standing on money. Now I have an understanding of money six out of ten because I've had to learn. But for a long time, I didn't have a business maasuer, and I was just writing percentage checks, not knowing exactly what you're doing.
Speaker 6: So you don't even look at that stuff. You literally are just like tell me if there's a problem, and I will. I will ask you if most of the.
Speaker 3: Time, yeah, do you get the number when you have to write those checks? Do you get the number of what you owe? Them because the percentage kind of right. The percentage sounds like, oh it's only ten percent, it's only fifteen percent.
Speaker 2: When you look at the number, you're like, yeah, I look at my bank account every day. Wow, really every day.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that stress me out, man.
Speaker 2: I look, I am really insecure and neurotic about not having any money again because I've been there, and so I watch it all the time. I watch it if I've been getting scammed, see, I watch like what I'm spending, See who'sh all of it. Sometimes I will tell my wife spend more money because she'll be like, I know, weird you are about stuff. I don't know. We're not gonna spend any money.
Speaker 3: That's a good day.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hey, like there's not been a single charge, like what you like, buy We're good?
Speaker 3: Is she like you got it?
Speaker 2: No she can't.
Speaker 3: I'm like, give me the car keys.
Speaker 2: No. And I don't know if it was ever liked that, I don't know how it reacts.
Speaker 3: That's good for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're kind of glad. It's not like that kind of But I am like, hey, but I look at everything all the time. Where my business manager knows I look at everything all the time.
Speaker 6: Do you know when you get paid?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, dude, there are some on the wee because we get paid the fifteenth, in the last day of the month. Yeah, thirtieth. There are days where if I'm awake at twelve, I'll look at see it posted, and then I get breakdowns of everything.
Speaker 3: That's good man, because you read those stories of like artists getting like their money, people like skimming them out of like millions of dollars and they never knew because they don't check balances, They didn't look at their bank account.
Speaker 2: And mostly even more than that, it's because they didn't know money to begin with, and then they didn't check. So most people that grow up understanding money, which I did not, at least know how much is coming in and what it kind of should be. Where if you're like from a small town or you grow up poor and all of a sudden you get your ball player, you got money, what do they really get in trouble is they don't take taxes out if you are what do they call it, if you're just working for yourself proprietor whatever close indepredated contract thank you might get a pedit contractor because I have jobs where I do that, like my television work, all independent contract jobs. So if they say we're going to pay you fifty thousand dollars, it comes as fifty thousand dollars. It's up to me take the taxes out. That's my business manager. So a lot of times these people to get in trouble for taxes. They're getting in trouble because not because they were like, oh screw the government. It's because they don't know that what they got is money. They then have to go figure out what to pay in and then like a Dane Cook, which was his brother, was his money guy, you just trust them wholeheartedly. One you don't know money and toil. You trust what they're doing the right thing. And then it gets so lost that even when you do find it, millions are gone, there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 5: Right, Like Baker Mayfield right with that oh yeah company, Yeah yeah, Billy Joel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about that, Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: The same thing. He had the money, he had a financial guy, and he just took like millions of dollars, had no idea that it was gone. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: A lot of well, California's passed a new law, Mike, have you seen this about influencers?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: If you use your kids in influencing, like, oh yeah, yeah, if you use your kids in like a certain amount of your social media content. I want to just make up the number. I think it's abound forty percent. You have to pay them certain amount and has to stay in a trust. And so that's California only. No, everybody's moving out of California.
Speaker 3: They don't want to know that.
Speaker 2: They don't want to have to. I know, they don't have to pay their kids.
Speaker 3: Crazy, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: I was watching one and she was like, I prayed about it, and God told me that we should move. And it's like, no, no, you use your kids and your content. Yeah, and so you don't want to you should just say that.
Speaker 3: Like, there's the kid Ryan. Remember Ryan's reviews? Yes, I mean, dude, he made them so much money and yeah, I guess legally they didn't have to give him any of the money. They wanted to keep all the money they could. And poor Ryan, that was his show.
Speaker 2: You're saying, poor Ryan, do you not get the money?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that happened, but I mean with this law, it's like they have to give him money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they're in thirty percent of the content, they have to set aside sixty five percent of the earnings for the kids. Ohang, So with Ryan though, he's the main person, he's the dude. So I'm assuming that's different than a mom blogger who uses their kid and a bunch that's not paying their kid. Like Ryan's the main dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he should get all the money.
Speaker 2: Then he should and the parents just look over it. But like mcaulay colk and I think got a bunch of money taken by his parents, Like there are those Hollywood stories.
Speaker 3: Especially back then too.
Speaker 2: Probably Yeah, because you can't really log on. Yeah, I think a big benefit now is at any point I can get on my phone on apps.
Speaker 3: And see that's so true?
Speaker 2: Where back then? What do you do you drive to the bank? Yeah, I'd like to see.
Speaker 3: Please you wait for the letter to come in the mail. Yeah, your statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how he got to the point.
Speaker 3: I don't know either, but it's a good conversation.
Speaker 7: Fun.
Speaker 2: How do we get here? A free agents agency? You are a free agent? You for many reasons. One didn't make you sign a contract. You you can leave it anytime two you're actually out anyway. If today is March third, in March and that's it, you have less than two months here months? Do you know where you're gonna live yet?
Speaker 6: No? I told no I wouldn't tell you.
Speaker 3: I was telling Tim, you don't tell me anything.
Speaker 6: Anything we have here from I will find out on your birthday.
Speaker 3: My birthday Mars Shony first, marwent first.
Speaker 2: It was your birthday this weekend too.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: You have to stop doing that. People are telling me, have your birthday all year.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite bit, like six times a year, like six times a year.
Speaker 3: Somebody care to me the other day was They're like, I'm so sorry I sent you a text on your actual birthday and then realized it was your birthday, like it wasn't my birthday.
Speaker 2: IBAN just does that crap to me. It's the bit that doesn't die. It's almost like, and I don't mind talking about it openly here on this show. It's almost like the Otown bit where ten years ago I made the joke that I was one of the original members of Otown, but then I told our listeners I'm making this joke, but you're now in on the inside joke. I was never a part of Otown, and Otown was formed on a television show. There were no early days of Otown. So for ten years I've just said I've been a member of Otown, especially way early in the band before they ever had a hit, and I left. Couldn't really cut it once they got famous. I couldn't really sing good enough to be in a vocal group. And I'm super happy for their success. But I've just kept the bit going. I got committed to the bit ten years later. And tomorrow night at the Million Dollars Show, We're going to reform.
Speaker 7: They're here.
Speaker 2: We rehearsed last night.
Speaker 6: That's all that.
Speaker 3: Had you ever run the joke by them?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, to me is the best part.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I'd never met them or communicated them anyway until last night. They showed up, and it felt a little weird because I didn't know them too. I didn't want them to think of making fun of them. I love Otown. Yeah, it was just one day. I just was going to pick a boy band that wasn't in sacred Backstreet Boys. It could have easily been ninety degrees gone. Yeah, it could have easily been but I like Otown better because I.
Speaker 3: Love at all.
Speaker 2: Nothing at all, that's a jam, right, And so I picked them and they came in. I didn't quite know what to say, brothers. And so they walked in, and three of them of the four because Ashley Ashley died.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't know they lost a member.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so three of the four were there last night at rehearsal, and they were all really nice, but a couple of them were super like cool, like this joke's finally gonna pay off. And I was like, oh, I'm glad they see it like I did.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we practiced last last night and I still suck. They should kick me out of the band again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it ends to kick you out again.
Speaker 2: Well, so they didn't know me, and they thought I was just hosting the concert because I wasn't part of the rehearsal. Because if I get up and sing songs, I'm gonna blow my voice out for the show. Yeah, So at this point I've learned don't. So I was there, you and I split time. Rehearsal was like seven hours long. So Eddie was up there and I got up. I got there and Eddie was leaving and so we switched out and then uh, they came in and I wasn't on stage singing because Tracy Lawrence was up there Russell Dickerson's, so they just thought that I pass it to different people and I was like, no, no, no, like I play and sing with every performance my whole band does. They're like, oh, but then I have to say, but I really can't sing. It was a weird thing where it's like I sing with every performance, but I really can't sing because then I have to. So we got up and I'm singing Ashley's part and they were like, do this part. And I'm a little nervous because come on, they think I might can sing. I'm my, I don't mind. Do you see the club over there? Let me find it, okay, I don't mind planning here so that they're coming out, and they do like they had a hit called Liquid Dreams and it's the whole dance thing. And then they do that and then I come back on and we sing the big song together because I told them I can't learn the choreography for the dance.
Speaker 3: Champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Champion took me a week to learn a minute with.
Speaker 3: Anybody so I done nothing else with a hard heart word imagine though.
Speaker 2: And so I said, hey, so let's organize this, and so they're gonna do and then there's like a beat and then it starts all or nothing starts and then I come in and I was a little nervous because I can't sing like that. They're pure vocalists, like they just sing. They're like, oh, do you have a mic? Yeah, so this is me. It's a it's in a rehearsal room. Audio is not great, but you can hear it.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, sing about it.
Speaker 2: M Oh, I lose it there, I lose it there.
Speaker 3: It slipped a little.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can almost keep And I told him, I said, come in or you gotta help him. You gotta help him. I said, so I'll do a couple of lines. But they were like, no, sing the whole thing. I'm like, no, no, new new, you have the wrong idea of what I'm trying to do here. I was liked, I can just do background vocals. Aholl time like no, we think you need to sing, and so do you have another one? Yeah, here's another one, the wrong one.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, I just don't want to like be so bad, I'm ruining it. So I'm just uh, there are times it seems to me, lie.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, are you singing a lot? Like in the car, the like every minute of the day.
Speaker 2: Last night I went home and found it in the key of G, which is what they sing it in. No, see, they sing it in C.
Speaker 3: And how did you find that?
Speaker 2: I asked them. I was like, what key is? I sing everything in G? And they're like, see, crap, Okay.
Speaker 7: It's kind of close.
Speaker 2: That's your key, we do, and so it's in C. And so yeah, I found karaoke in the key C. And then you're right, I keep If I keep the notes close together, it's harder to screaping in those three notes. There are times it seems to me, do do do do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do do do.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: That's so. Anyway, they were cool about the joke, and they were like, this is super cool because it's charity thing and it's fun. It's it's good. What are you checking your head for?
Speaker 6: So, like imagine if they walked in and they were like, hey, man, I just want to say I don't I don't appreciate you acting like you're part of this.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't come. They wouldn't come, though, right, But what would you correct?
Speaker 2: What would you do? I don't think they would come. And if they did that, I would go that, I would go, Hey, I understand, I appreciate that. I can understand why you would feel that way. But here's why I've been saying this. It wasn't to make fun of you. It was I liked you guys so much. I was gonna insert myself in a boy man, I'm the age of you guys. And it was just a running joke. But they knew about the running joke. They've known about forever.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's that. That should be fun. So read you are a free agent.
Speaker 6: Free agent, baby, Do what you want, man, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Do what you feel.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, it's Ashley Parker Rangel not dead. I thought that dude. I thought he was dead.
Speaker 6: He's just on vacation.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just out of the group. Let me see. Hold on, he's forty three. I guess he's still alive. I know the maybe I think I'm confusing him in l FO. I know the LFO guy died of leukemia.
Speaker 3: Which one what does he say?
Speaker 2: What part of?
Speaker 3: And then like, man, yeah, he's the main guy, he's the main singer.
Speaker 2: I think two of them have now died. In an LFO I the reason I didn't pick LFO instead of Otown. I remember thinking this in my head. Lf only had three members and it was easier I needed more. Yeah, smart man, Yeah, I think I got a mix up because last night they were like singing Ashley's part and I was like, rest in peace in my head, my head, I guess, I guess he's not my god. He comes out, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: I really I'm glad I didn't say anything because I really thought in my head. I really thought in my head, Okay, I wanted this full disclosure here. I thought, in my head, are people gonna get mad? I'm singing the dead guy's part and I don't sing it well, Like, are they going to get upset? Wow?
Speaker 3: So there were five members of that band.
Speaker 2: O resentally Yeah, and there's four now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did they play a lot? They tour.
Speaker 2: They do a lot of shows now because everything from like the nineties or two thousand is cool again. It's like the country music artists that are touring again. Uh Okay, Rich, the lead singer and co founder of LFO, died on September Rade, twenty ten after battling leukemia. Devin passed away in twenty eighteen due to a drenal cancer LFO. Dang that sucks. Okay, Mike good Yep, they kind of went to a place I didn't expect it to know the whole conversation. We're gonna come back and talk to Bill O'Brien, the head football coach of Boston College, who also was the head football coach with the Texans, also was coaching with Saban and Belichick with the Patriots. Okay, we'll come back just a second. All right, We're gonna go over to our interview with Bill O'Brien, head football coach of Boston College. He was hired as the thirty seventh head football coach last year. About this time last year, he began coaching at Brown University in nineteen ninety three. He has been the head coach of Penn State and the Houston Texans. He was appointed the head coach of Boston College. First year, went seven and six. Turned the program around already, which is why I lead with one of the questions like what was the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Nicknamed Teapot during his time with New England Patriots. I didn't ask him about that, don't know and don't care. It feels like it feels like something.
Speaker 3: He was a very emotional coach.
Speaker 2: Is that why I heard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian Hoyer and Tom Brady. I would see him battles.
Speaker 5: And he would get so heated that he would start crying, so they called him Teapot.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I didn't ask him about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he's pretty open about it though.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm still glad I didn't ask him about tea pot. Sounds like a nickname your bullies name me. He's also a distant cousin of Conan O'Brien and I no way.
Speaker 3: They both have the same last name, so yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Bigger than anything he's ever done.
Speaker 2: That's crazy distant though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still got the O'Brien last name.
Speaker 2: I had seen a lot of clips of him being very emotional on the sidelines, so going into this interview, I was a little like, what's this guy get He's awesome? Yeah, here he is coach Bill Obriant, Hey, coach, thanks for the time. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Bobby, thanks for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I was watching some Donovan as a Rocker stuff this weekend. How important is it to you for the future with future recruits that your guys go real high in this draft.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look, I think that that definitely helps. I think it helps that we have four guys at the Combine, you know, watching you know, these guys over the weekend, you know, Donovan, Cam Horsley and then yesterday Ozzy Trapillo and Drew Kendall. You know, those guys performed really well at the Combine, So you know, for those guys to be drafted you know, high, first, second, third, fourth round, I think is uh it's a really good sign for this program that we can get those type of guys to come play here. So I think it would be great to see those guys drafted high.
Speaker 2: Whenever you took the job at BC, what did you think the ceiling was on year one?
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't know if I looked at it that way, I really wanted we got hired. I would say a little bit late relative to most hirings. We got hired about a year ago. It was around the second week of February. So what I wanted to do is try to establish the foundation of hard work and toughness and being a good teammate and you know, going to class and all the things that are giving back to the community, all the things that are important at Boston College. And then along the way, obviously want to win some games. We lost games where we committed a lot of mistakes. We got to learn how not to lose before we can learn how to win. But we won some games where we played sixty minutes and we competed well, and so I think we got off to a good start.
Speaker 2: A little bit when you took that job where you're like, our uniforms are so freaking legit.
Speaker 9: I love I love the old uniforms the best. Probably still trying to We're going with New Balance here pretty soon in the summertime. So New Balance has done a great job of helping us designed to go back to those older you know, the Fluti uniforms, you know, the ones that they wore back in the day, which I think we're pretty cool. Those are the ones we're trying to get back to.
Speaker 2: I just think of the Hail Mary. That's the uniform I think of when I think of BC is Fluty and the hill Mary. Like, those uniforms are so legit that I would be wanting to dress them like that all the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no doubt, I agree. I love, you know, the maroon and gold. I kind of like the gold pants with the maroon top every once in a while, which you know, we're going to try to do a little bit more of that moving forward.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'm with you. I love the uniform.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about language and installing playbooks with new players. I do a show with Matt Castle, who played with the Patriots for a while, was like one of my dear friends. We worked together every week and he was kind of walking through quarterback language with us last week. He year one like, how much do you actually of the playbook you actually install?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a great question. I would say we definitely did not install the whole thing. We try to in spring practice. You know, look at our team. Really it starts in winter conditioning. Look at our team. What type of team are we going to have? You know, where are the straints right the on offense, the straints.
Speaker 7: Last year, we're on the.
Speaker 9: Offensive line and you know, the running backs, and we felt like we could run the football. We we started out with Tommy Castellanos was kind of a running quarterback, did a lot of good things relative to using his feet. So that's how we installed the offense. We look at our team instead of just like putting everything in where some of that might be a waste of time because we're not going to really use all that. So that's kind of how we did it here. I think moving forward, we probably get most of it in this spring because we've got a couple different types of quarterbacks and things like that. So but last year we probably just put it in relative to who we thought we were going to be.
Speaker 2: I've spent a bunch time in Boston. I've toured through Boston a bunch of times, played the Wilburin like I love that. I love as I love Massachusetts because it's an honest it's an honest state. It's a very honest city. What's tough for me, though, is how cold it is. Is this your coldest job ever?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well, you know what it is today.
Speaker 9: You know you're asking it on a good day because today's March third, I think, and it's like nine degrees. So yeah, it's definitely the coldest job. I mean, I was at penn State for a couple of years. It got cold there in the middle of Pennsylvania, but not quite like Boston. So yeah, it's definitely especially this year, it's been been you know, record setting cold temperatures here over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I saw see the tickets are sold out, which has got to be big year. Two season tickets already sold out.
Speaker 7: I think it's big, Bobby, I really do. I appreciate you mentioning that.
Speaker 9: I do think it's big because you know, look at it shows that people, you know, they're excited about what maybe they saw at points last year, and and and you know, we have a great home schedule. Next year we're playing three playoff teams. Very difficult schedule, but a really good schedule for people to come, you know, watch good college football. So you know, I'm excited about that. I you know, I really think that this is a job. You know, I always say it's a pro sports town. Everybody understands that, but we play on Saturdays, and you know, if we can put a good product on the field. Hopefully a lot of people come watch us play.
Speaker 2: Do your players often ask for comps for other players that you've coached, because you have coached a lot of different players in a lot of different places, and do you do you comp most players?
Speaker 9: You know, that's a great question. I do use that at times. I never really try to say. I'm very careful about how I say it though, right, Like, you know, I'll never say, hey, you're exactly like this guy, but I'll talk about some of the things that I learned from some of the great players I've coached, right, obviously quarterbacks, but also like wide receivers, offensive lineman. Hey, you know, here's some things that I learned from this left tackle that you know, I think you can really help you. Instead of saying, hey, you're exactly like this guy, I try to stay away from that, but I definitely use cops when it comes to hey, man, I learned a lot from this guy, And there's things that you can apply to your game that I learned from, you know, from this tight end or this wide receiver, or this offensive line and this running back.
Speaker 7: And I think I try to do it that way.
Speaker 2: Do you ever use any old players you're still close with for recruiting pitches.
Speaker 9: You know what, I don't do that as much. I really don't. What I do here is really use the BC guys that played here, you know, the Matt Ryan's, the Luke Keekleys. Those guys do help us in recruiting and doing different things for us. I try not to. I'm very you know, you just brought up Matt Castle, Like, you know, I'm a friend of Matt Castle's.
Speaker 7: He's an awesome guy.
Speaker 9: I think when you step over the line of friendship, ayman, can you help me with my job? I try not to do that, you know what I mean. I try not to do that as much, so you know, but but you know, I have a lot of great friends that were great players, so try to stay away from that friendship.
Speaker 2: Wise, a lot of culture with BC football, and when you come in as coach, how quickly do you have to like envelop the culture because you mentioned Matt Ryan, you mentioned keik Ley, Like, I'm I don't know if you had a relationship with those guys prior, but they are a big part of BC and you want them to be a part of it moving forward. Like, how quickly do you establish those relationships.
Speaker 9: That's important. That's a that is very very important. I think within the first month or two that I was here, I tried to make contact with over one hundred guys that played here. Just a phone call, a text, Hey man, really want you guys involved in the program, come back and speak to us. You know, last year at spring practice had a lot of former players come by. Matt Hasselbeck and you know, Matt Ryan, and you know, just a ton of guys, Matthias Kiwanuka we've made contact with. You know, Zay Flowers is a guy that's playing at a high level right now that stays in contact with the program. And there's several others so and from different eras too. Right obviously we mentioned Flutie and Gerard Fallon. They came into the locker room after a game that we won this past season. So yeah, I think the alumni is a huge part of this program, and we try to do as good a job as we can of reaching out to them and keeping them involved all the time.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like your history in the NFL Pro football has helped you now in college because of the portal and nil and you've had experience with that.
Speaker 9: I do think it helps to a certain extent. I mean people say that, you know, hey, this is a lot like the NFL. Now, I mean it is when it comes to some things, but it's still not exactly like the NFL.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think.
Speaker 9: That there are certain things that you have to you know, understand about college, about Boston College, that's different than the NFL. But there are things relative to you know, how you value your team when it comes to you know, name, image and likeness, when it comes to revshare, how you're going to compensate your team. Okay, here's how we value the team. The way we value the team at Boston College would be different than the way we value the team at the Houston Texans, for instance, but the concept of putting a value on a player is similar. And so I think that's an area where we try to use our NFL experience and apply it to the best of our ability. There's other things, though, that are a lot different in in you know, my experience in both college and pro have have helped me here.
Speaker 2: Who are your favorite three musical artists?
Speaker 7: Coach ooh.
Speaker 9: I would say, without a doubt, Luke Combs. Love Luke Combs. I've got different music tastes. So I'm gonna tell you right now, Rick Ross. I love Rick Ross, the third one. You know, it's hard, it's hard for me to say, but I you know, I like groups like you two, So I love Bono and there's many many others. But I have a If you looked at a playlist of mine, you see a lot of different. I love music and our players always but we play music at practice and they're always like, let me see your playlist, and they just cannot believe what's on my playlist.
Speaker 7: It's different.
Speaker 9: There's everything from country to to hard rock to Metallica's up there, you know what I mean, Like, I love them all.
Speaker 2: You'd be the first person ever to go combs to Rick Ross ever in the history. Like we were at the airport a few weeks ago. We saw Rick Ross's plane come in, Like he's got a mass of jet with his name on the side of it, Like it is the greatest personalized license plate. Is his airplane with his name on the side of it.
Speaker 7: So you the best?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, do you know him?
Speaker 3: Coach?
Speaker 9: I actually met him. I met him because when when I was in Houston, we had hard knocks and in the type of rappers that I really like are the guys with the deep That's why I love Rick Ross. Got a really deep voice in the way that he the way that you know that he does his music is awesome to me. So I would say during practice we would play some Rick Ross and I would always say, I love Rick Ross on hard Knock. So he came to a game that following year and I was able to meet him. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You talk about hard knocks. So none of the NFL teams wanted to do it this year, so they're going to go to Belichick at North Carolina. But what was that process like for you guys? Did it get kind of annoying the cameras?
Speaker 9: It's a tough that's a tough deal. That's a tough deal. Now, they the people that run Hard Knocks are awesome. They do a really good job of, you know, communicating with you and telling you what it's going to be. But it is at that time in Houston, it was forty days and it was twenty four to seven, so the cameras are on you. I mean I had to I would tell them like, hey, I'm going to the use the restroom right now.
Speaker 7: You don't need to follow me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like it was like two cameras in your office, cameras in every meeting, cameras in every team meeting, cameras on the field.
Speaker 7: That was it was very Uh, it was tough.
Speaker 9: It was tough. You know a lot of people watch it. There's a lot of narratives that are formed.
Speaker 7: From it.
Speaker 9: But you know, look, ownership wanted it, and uh, you know that's what we did. But it was it was definitely a difficult deal for me personally.
Speaker 2: Narratives are a weird thing in television. I did a reality show, a competition show once, and they would just create storylines out of random things they would pick, and all of a sudden there was a story that was kind of true but not really right. That's probably what they were doing, like picking, like cherry picking things and making stories out of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, cherry picking certain things that maybe weren't as big of a deal as they made it to be. But again, you know, their job is to you know, get as many viewers as possible, and they did. I think, I want to say there was about four million people that watched every episode, which I guess at that time was a big deal. We were one of the few teams that made the playoffs after Usually you go on hard knocks, you don't have a good season. But we were one of the few teams that actually made the playoffs that year after being on hard knocks, So we kind of overcame. I think the other thing it creates on the team, which I didn't like, was it created like, Okay, if you're doing a big story on this guy, well, I want I want something done on me and my family. You know, because we had a lot of great players on those that team in Houston. You know, we had everybody from We had Hall of Famers, we had JJ Watt, we had DeAndre Hopkins, we had Vince will Fork on that team. We had you know, a lot of Brian Cushing, some great players on that team. And you know, that's kind of what it causes. It's about creating your own brand in a team sport while the game.
Speaker 7: Is going on. That's not really conducive to building a team.
Speaker 2: What are you guys doing right now at football operation wise? Like what is the time of year do.
Speaker 9: So we just got done with basically a seven week winter conditioning period and then the guys are on spring break right now, and then when they come back, we start spring practice on Tuesday, March eleventh, which is about it lasts about a month, and it's about fifteen practices. It's about three three practices a week for about five weeks, and then from there they head into summer training. After final exams in May, they head into summer training after that.
Speaker 2: Some schools are not doing a spring game. Where are you guys on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do. Look, I do kind of agree with that.
Speaker 9: I think here it be see the reasons for not doing one will be that it's really not you know, look last year we had a spring game. It wasn't that well attended. You know, it's not it's not as big of a deal as it is as you know, like when I was at Alabama the ninety thousand people there. So that's that's not really a money maker.
Speaker 7: And then for.
Speaker 9: Us, you know, we we're all about in spring practice, the actual practice. So what we're gonna do is we're gonna produce kind of a behind the scenes not a documentary, but something that shows our team in a good light relative to our spring practice. And that's how we'll you know, market our program during the spring but spring games, you know, I don't I don't know how big they are anymore.
Speaker 2: Coach, I'm gonna ask you in conclusion here about a few people specifically, and if you don't mind just giving me a little story about him, and I want to start with Castle because I'll be with him tomorrow we do an NFL show. Can you give me a Matt Castle story? What comes to mind?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I got several Matt Castle stories.
Speaker 9: First of all, Matt was a guy that was so well prepared and so when his time came in two thousand and eight, he was ready to go. And that's an example that I use all the time. Hey, you never know when your time's gonna come. And that was in the very first game of two thousand and eight. I was the wide receiver coach and Tom got hurt and Matt had to step up, and he did and we went eleven and five. I think we're one of the few eleven and five teams to not make the playoffs. You know, we had a good football team and Matt did a great job. But one of the best stories about Matt real quick is we had these quarterback meetings with Bill like once a week. They were awesome, And I've told this story before. You know, Bill would come in there and I learned a ton of these meetings Bill. Bill did a great job of working with Josh and at that time and kind of coaching the quarterbacks up around you know, quarterback play around the league in our practices. It was just you learned a ton. But in this one particular meeting, Bill came in and he didn't have any stocks on. So Castle is sitting there and you know, it didn't smell great. So you know, Bill had taken his shoes off and he had his feet up and he's showing the film, and all of a sudden, Castle like Castles like, what what is that smell? And so everybody's kind of like, oh my god. Like Matt, Matt doesn't as you know, Matt does not really care about the awkwardness that he's creating.
Speaker 7: So he just said it again. He's like, what is that smell? And so then.
Speaker 9: Finally it was like Matt said, Bill, is that your feet? And Bill just looked over at him and said, Matt just shut the death up and we went right back to the film.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I have two others you mentioned, JJ Watt can you give me a JJ Watt story?
Speaker 9: I mean, JJ Watt. I have a bunch of stories. One of the ones I tell a lot about JJ Watt is we were playing Baltimore. I think it was my first year there, and we had to win the game, uh to have a shot to go to the playoffs. And so we drove down and scored. They get the ball back. Joe Flacco's there, quarterback. They got a hell of a team, and they're driving basically to kick a winning field goal. I think we're up by two, and so you know they're throwing the ball and you know it's getting near the fifty yard line, getting not close to field goal range, but getting to that point where we had to So there was kind of a stoppage in play. And basically what told me, Hey, basically, if you use a time out right here, I can catch my breath, I will win the game. It's almost like Babe Ruth calling his own shot, like I'll sack the quarterback, I'll win the game.
Speaker 7: So I did.
Speaker 9: I use the timeout, gave gave JJ a little bit of a rest, and then the very next play he comes off the edge, strip sacks, strip sacks. Joe Flacco covered a fumble, we win the game.
Speaker 2: That's so legit. One final, one, final one. We're able to see not only coach Belichick, who I met at Super Bowl last week, and he was like personable, not like what I would see on television. And this same thing with like press conference. Nick Saban's different than like media Nick Saban. What was it like? Give me a coach Sabin story because you went over there for a bit. What was he like to work under?
Speaker 7: Oh? Nick was great to work under.
Speaker 9: I learned a ton from him because I hadn't been in college football for a long time, and he he brought a great uh you know, he brought insight into how an organization really runs.
Speaker 7: Like it was like clockwork.
Speaker 9: You know, if the meeting was going to start at seven thirty, started at seven thirty. And he had he had a great routine about you know, football recruiting, medical academics, nutrition. You know, he had a really good outline of how the program would work and what we covered on a daily basis. And offensively, he would bring a lot of defensive knowledge to our offense to help us game plan. So you know, he he taught me a lot and I very demanding coach, very disciplined coach. You could tell right away why he won so much there, the way we practiced, the way we did things on a daily basis.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he was great to work for.
Speaker 2: One final BC question, I was looking at you guys home versus away record and your home record I think with six and one if I'm accurate here, Yeah, what about playing there? What what do you want to be difficult for other teams when they come in?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we have to continue to really get our crowd going. When we have a good crowd here, which we did Michigan State Syracuse. It's a smaller stadium, but it can get loud, and I think that's the key, Like if we can give people a good product to cheer for. We have great student body here. They come to every game. We have nine thousand students and they all come to the game and that's a big part of our our stadium experience. But I think we've got to do as good a job as we can of continuing to sell the stadium out so that we can create a really good home field advantage with our crowd, because I think that's that that really helps us a lot well.
Speaker 2: Our show's on the Bowl in Boston, and I love the BC colors. I love the Jersey's uniforms. And now that we're buddies, I'm in, Coach, I'm fully in. I'm in.
Speaker 7: Come on up, Bobby. We'd love to have you at a game anytime.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. And I have a great week. Good luck with spring ball. And uh yeah, hopefully I get to come up this year. See you, coach.
Speaker 7: That'd be awesome. Thank you, Bobby. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: A couple of things. The Rules Committee for NCAA football has come up with a fresh idea they hope will combat the trend of faking injuries. The proposed rule would see a team charged an injury time out if a player goes down with an injury after the ball is spotted for the next play and medical personnel enter the field. If a team's out of timeouts, there'd be a five yard penalty for delay a game. All proposed rules from the committee must be approved on April sixteenth of this year. They gotta do something. I don't know if this is it. This sounds pretty fair. I like if somebody goes down, they're out the whole series. Like if somebody has to come on. They got to be out the whole series. Yeah, there's probably a reason, a comment sense reason that would go with my reason. There's probably something dumb I'm not thinking about. But I felt like, and you know what, the people that complain about it are the people who's teams don't do it because they're not good enough to really like it's a strategic thing. If I were a coach, I think I would have them faking it better because sometimes they were just like they drop you smile on their face, yeah, or you seem like, oh, I'm supposed to drop.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, we would eliminate that immediately.
Speaker 3: And it's a team effort because then the trainers come out and they're freaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're texting, they're standing over someone's ankle, playing candy Crush.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a team effort of fakers.
Speaker 2: That's what we would do. We would make sure to do it right. So it has to be fixed though, But the teams like ole miss the teams that do this a lot, like I'm jealous of that because they strategically use it to position themselves better in games to win games. We just don't win enough games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you if you were to say, like your rule of where you just you're out of the whole drive, right, is that your rule? Yes, then you just throw. It's like hockey throwing the enforcer, Like throw in, Hey, Tommy, you've been never played this whole year, Like get in there. I need you to fall. It's okay, you're gonna miss the entire game anyway, no big deal.
Speaker 2: Oh but if if you do that, they can't come in without a play, run and fall. You can't check into the game and get injured before play.
Speaker 3: Runs, right, you have to play that one play.
Speaker 2: But you find you find that vulnerability. If I'm a quarterback and I see Tommy who's never played, if I see number sixty three playing corner. Wait, you don't think we're picking on Tommy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a good point.
Speaker 2: March Madness coming up. You be excited about it or.
Speaker 3: No, I need it. I need March madness. Gosh, I cannot wait. And it's really cool because it all surrounds my birthday, like it's March twenty first, it usually starts around that time, and so my birthday instead of like happy Birthday on the wall, my wife puts happy March Madness on the wall. It's a whole family thing. But more importantly, dude, I'm starting to bet on NASCAR and golf, like I need you need I need something else you need it. Like this weekend, I was betting on golf. I had no idea who was playing. I saw Jordan Spieth in there. He wasn't doing too well. Ricky Fowler, he wasn't doing great. The rest of the guys had no idea who it was.
Speaker 2: I was watching the Arkansas South Carolina game, which is horribly embarrassing because we got to be by a team that had one conference win, and we're trying to get in the turn and so we drop and it's like fifteen to three and the game starts and I'm like, well, we're not gonna lose by this much. I had like nine hundred dolls on my account. I put it all on like Arkansas plus eight. We got CRUs I lost nine hundred dollars because I was like, there's no way this is gonna happen all game. They're so bad South Carolina. No, they they crushed us.
Speaker 3: They took the leader earlier, right, and you guys never caught up.
Speaker 2: We barely had ten points in the in the half. I think we had fourteen points a half. It was the worst half Varkansas raizorback basketball in like twentieth century.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe seventeen. You might have had seventeen points fifteen.
Speaker 2: Maybe whatever it is, it was the worst.
Speaker 3: I did see that. I'm like, oh my gosh. They cost me four hundred dollars. They were the only leg I didn't hit on a nine leg parlay.
Speaker 2: Well together, thirteen hundred dollars loss, which it's send caliparia.
Speaker 3: I did lose one dollar though technically one unit.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true, so again fair enough we lost one. Yes, I lost nine hundred. Kevin's not here. He got married, He's gone, he could he's on honeymoon. I guess he's on some tropical land. He's on holiday, on holiday, on holiday. We didn't go to the wedding. I mean I didn't go to the wedding.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I think it was a very private wedding. But I heard that he had a like a celebration afterwards, and somebody told me like, are you coming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, somebody a coworker, yeah.
Speaker 3: Co worker, And I was like, I have not heard of this.
Speaker 7: Oh it's awkward.
Speaker 3: And I feel like read probably went. Did you go?
Speaker 6: Read you didn't go?
Speaker 7: Dude, did you go?
Speaker 6: I didn't go?
Speaker 2: Did you get invited? No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's a coworker here. Yeah that went?
Speaker 3: That went? He's like, oh yeah, yeah, Like it's just he said, it's just kind of a small get together. Well that sounds like something we would go to.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to think we're not as good a friends with Kevin as we think.
Speaker 3: No, And I'm not one of like get my feelings hurt whatever, but like when that coworker told me, I'm like, my feelings are hurt.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have gone. I would like to have been invited. Yeah, yeah, that's my thing. But like I try to include Kevin and like all the friend stuff, like maybe maybe we're just not close friends. Who's the coworker? M kitty, what that's not He's not even part of like the court group.
Speaker 3: Not even part of the circle.
Speaker 2: I was like.
Speaker 3: Even that, Yeah him and him and took super Bowl. Yeah yeah, I know. Did you get you didn't hear anything about it?
Speaker 6: I know I heard nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: I know. The wedding was in Franklin, Franklin.
Speaker 3: Door to read I can see from this back.
Speaker 6: No, it was small. I get it. You know, I'm going on.
Speaker 3: I completely. It's like when I got married. I got married in Hawaii and my my parents, her parents, her brothers, her sisters, my brother and sister went and that was it. And then when we got back then we're like, hey, we're having a party for everyone. Now, let's come celebrate our marriage. And so I understand the wedding you want to keep a private, no big deal, but having a party afterwards, and we didn't get invited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough one, A little hurt I can feel.
Speaker 3: Then, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Got invited to his baptism though I didn't. Oh some of us did. Like I could easily sold his ticket and made four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I gotta shipt him back. I didn't have to take you guys to the super Bowl. Oh that I realized that that wasn't even like this show. It was like, take your friends, we'll give you four tickets as in my contract. I negotiated, And that was awesome. Taking Casey now, yeah, man, in Casey was the last one in. He's never been here long enough.
Speaker 3: I would have played connect for it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, man. Yeah, So we'll.
Speaker 3: Give him a hard time when he gets back. If he gets back.
Speaker 2: I may not because I may be too hurt to actually right now. Because if you ever hear me giving someone a hard time, like on the air, we're talking about something, it's because it really I've either gotten over the fact that it affects me, or it never really affected me and we can just poke at it. It's why we make fun of each other so much on the Bybone Show or even this show, because it doesn't matter, like if we're talking about it or making fun of each other, it's fine. The only times when lunch box like goes rage box. Other than that, that's never fun.
Speaker 3: That's not ever for anyone.
Speaker 2: That's never fine. Other than that, it's a fun of all the time. Man, part of red. You're not a victim, but right, I love it? How about that? Well, good luck Kevin your marriage? Hey Mike, Yeah, I didn't start with this, but so an update on the pickleball Bobby versus a troll matchup. I need a lawyer. A lawyer up, No, I need so. I don't want to get scammed for the money. Okay, there are too many scams out there. I need a lawyer to create a called yes, thank you. This is like dang, like when you buy a house and then we both put money in the account. But the thing is, if you were like, my lawyer will do it, I'd be like, I don't trust you, I don't know you a neutral lawyer, but I'm a public figure. I feel like it'd be safer to do it with like a lawyer for me, because he could just get on social media be like this dude stole a thousand bucks from me.
Speaker 3: Can we just get morgan and Morgan?
Speaker 2: I don't want to pay anybody.
Speaker 3: Those for the people.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, someone worked pro bono. They create an escrow so I can go play pickleball against this guy in Ohio, this troll four year d one athlete. But I'm willing to take that chance. I'm willing to take down a troll. You are, but I need someone to hold the money or I can't do it because I'm still in I want to do it. I just don't want to get scammed up a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: You couldn't just write up a contract either and have him sign it and have someone witness the signing that he's gonna pay.
Speaker 2: Are you a notary public. I mean, is that what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I just mean, like, instead of like him putting money into an account, you putting money into an account.
Speaker 2: I don't untrust it. What's it going to break it? I'm gonna sue him.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like what like we have a lot here, like we can't we can't steal a thousand dollars like that would be bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I was saying, Yes, it would be easier to go. I've created an scrow. Here's my thousand bucks put years in. I'm a public figure that is in a constant state of existing. I can't just go away or it's gonna cost me way more than a thousand bucks. If I were to run to Mexico with thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: You want me to do it? No, you don't want me to hold the money. Nope, question though, like if I did, I'm not gonna hold the money. But if I did hold the money and you guys gave me you gave me a thousand, dude, gave me a thousand, and I had two thousand dollars in a random account. Is that suspicious to the government?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, two thousand, No, two million. Possibly. I think it's different. It's like going into a casino and if you've kind of been you know, blackballed, or and you're betting twenty five bucks, they're probably not gonna say much. But you start putting twenty five thousand bucks a hand down something like that. Probably something or sports betting, you know, if all of a sudden you never college baseball is not bet on, and you go put ten grand on the under Mississippi State. They're three pm Thursday games. Like, something's up with that? Yeah, something up? Speaking of college sports, the kid that plays for Frost and Pee watch them play.
Speaker 3: Crazy dude, I'd never seen him before. He's got one arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, handsle e, manual handsle. I've watched his TikTok since he was in high school.
Speaker 3: Oh, crazy, dude. He's so good. He gets rebounds, casey, have you seen him? No, I'm not looking at him right now, rebound battles.
Speaker 2: He lost his left arm when he was younger, like a wall collapsed on him. Oh really, and he's he's really good alright.
Speaker 3: He dribbles it well and he shoots him with one arm. Was one handed? Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Like I had no idea. I was like, hold on, rewind that that guy have one arm?
Speaker 2: In high school he averaged. At Christian Academy and Kissing Me Florida, he averaged twenty five point nine points, eleven rebound, six point nine assists in three point four blocks per game.
Speaker 3: Amazing one arm, dude, If I lost an arm, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's awesome. I followed him on TikTok or was like, what's see a story in high school?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: I think we're going.
Speaker 3: To blocking shots? No blocking, dude?
Speaker 6: Can you automatically with one arm? Time?
Speaker 2: Can you? Because he he'll cross you up and go to the left his right arm.
Speaker 3: I like, how you think?
Speaker 7: Keep it?
Speaker 6: Keep it over here?
Speaker 2: I guess Travis Kelce, I think he's playing right, he says, coming back.
Speaker 3: He says he's not done yet.
Speaker 2: All right, good, So I mean I don't care.
Speaker 3: By the way, Nah, I had a feeling he'd be back.
Speaker 2: I'm not annoyed by him. I like DRAMs Kelsey, so do Yeah, I'm not a hater. And then Justin Tucker's wife has his back a med allegations. Last week, Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker brooke his month long silence a med allegations of sexual misconduct from sixteen different massage therapists. Amanda Tucker says he's her false allegations against her husband have cast so much heart to our family. She asserted, she believes in Justin, loves him and supports him fully. From ESPN. Do you think she believes him or she like believes if he's like I didn't do any of this, all sixteen of them, she wants to believe him or do you think she's just joining the team, like.
Speaker 3: I think it's blindly just supporting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have no idea what's going.
Speaker 3: On, Like just a part of marriage for your husband.
Speaker 2: Even though you know the truth.
Speaker 3: I mean sixteen and it's Justin Tucker. It's not like it's someone who's very fair, very famous and is a target like that. It's pretty Random's Justin Tucker, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's it. By the way, I have no opinion on if he did it or not. Sixteens a high number though, and they're all different people.
Speaker 3: Not good odds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you guys. You're gonna watch any of the show.
Speaker 6: At Bobby Bone Sports on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It like that, Yes, thank you, and we will see you guys soon all right by everybody bo out see you guys. Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, Segment producer at Kickoff, Kevin video producer at Redrberry, An executive producer at Mike Diestro, but most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles