Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to go to the dentist this morning and I got a filling. But the whole dental office I go to is really awesome, so it went super smooth.
Speaker 2: I had one time, one of the last times I got a filling my dentist. You know, like I guess you have to hit like this lingual nerve to sort of numb the specific area, like that's the thing for you, bilingual nerve, wow, radio bilingue nerve. And the dude hit the nerve so hard, like it my face was like ringing for like hours out ringing.
Speaker 3: You hit a nerve? Were you triggered Miles, Yeah, triggered live And at the time I was a minor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was not pleasant, and I just remember like always being like these don't fucking like punch through this fucking nerve in my tongue again or else. My whole shit was Yeah, it was ringing.
Speaker 3: You went back to the same person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was like it was definitely. I was reading about it. It's not like it's not really necessarily a technique thing like sometimes I think it just you know, it's like kind of a crap shoot. But I don't know, maybe I'm coping because I think that's.
Speaker 4: What sad dentists say. No, no, no, dude, it's actually just like a crap shoot.
Speaker 2: It didn't occur to me to like a few like hours after and the ship wasn't it like was still kind of numb and weird. And then I started looking it up and then like sometimes the lingual I don't know anyway, I'm here.
Speaker 3: I am. I had a dentist cut my tongue into peace, and I still went back because I'm used to bad men.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty nine, episode five of Dirty's Eye Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's a production of iHeartRadio, and it's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. And it is Friday, August second, twenty twenty four eight two two eight two two four.
Speaker 2: Good buddy. It's also National water Balloon Day, International Beer Day.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Shout out to me and everybody doing the coloring books because it's National Coloring Book Day.
Speaker 4: I'm about the old game.
Speaker 2: Shout out to me, National Beer Day. To me, people like it, Miles sat up to me. National American conservatives trying to understand what biracial is Dad also National ice Cream Sandwich Day represent.
Speaker 4: Represent There has been a new entry in the water balloon game that I just found out about. Yeah, magnetic water balloon. So like they look like poke balls. They're made of like a water balloony material, but they're reusable and you know, you don't have to pick him up, and they do they bust. They bust pretty good, something that I don't usually like, said bus factor, you know, and how we busting? Uh, they bust pretty good.
Speaker 3: How ironic is that compared to condom water balloons.
Speaker 2: Don't really well at all?
Speaker 4: Anyways. My name is Jack O'Brien aka I'm sorry, Miss Jackson. I love chester Field. I really meant to keep your sofa dry. I am into couch. I'm normal guy. That is courtesy of Johnny Davis. We're not stopping with the couch stop not stop, can't stop, won't stop. I would say Johnny David aka Sst. Spice because he is the king of the short show title. But he also drops in a killer ak every once in a while, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my coh. He's mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 2: This Miles Gray aka.
Speaker 5: Fold out Sofa and say what fold out sofa glove this on fold out Sofa jd.
Speaker 2: JD Fast Wada Rod Okay, Shout out to San Ripio on the discord for that wonderful Ohio players. Shout out Dayton, Ohio. You know they're from Daton, Ohio route to the Ohio Love Lower Coaster. You know, because Dayton, Ohio considered by most to be the home of funk music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've I've always heard that and assumed it was considered by some being people from Dayton, Ohio.
Speaker 2: To be the No, it's because the amount of like black church bands in Dayton like gave way to these like huge funk groups.
Speaker 4: I went to the worst churches. I don't think I went to that church. Went to Incarnation. Shout out to Incarnation and Dayton, Ohio. Not really because the band was not popping like that.
Speaker 2: It was an acoustic guitar and adios.
Speaker 4: Oh you know it was you know, if we were like.
Speaker 2: There was a band like that, looks like there's a.
Speaker 4: Point where the Catholic church opened it up to acoustic guitars. For most of my life, it was just like peopos, like we're just yeah, yeah, just at that really high register, and then at a certain point they were like, I don't know, man, let's just be chill.
Speaker 3: Let's church just definitely give off the vibe of like a white guy who pulls out a guitar at a party, like you're like, not here.
Speaker 4: Man, no, yeah, anyways, the funk was not Press was not there.
Speaker 2: It was God was not in that room.
Speaker 4: It turned out God left that room the second the band showed up. Miles, we have been holy ghosted. Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seats by one of the best to do it, hilarious and brilliant stand up comedian, writer, actor, improviser. You can catch her on stages across the country. You can catch her at the Facial Recognition comedy show monthly. It's oh my.
Speaker 3: Goodness, look it's me sitting on a couch doing nothing. Take that jd vance. Huh yeah, that's called self control.
Speaker 4: Hey look, we all want to fuck a couch, all right? Control ourselves?
Speaker 3: This is like what who? Who is the guy? Uh fuck? I forget his name. One of the who was just like like gay people, like everybody's tempted to do it, you have to not do.
Speaker 4: Were all thinking about it constantly, but we hold it back right and using a series of acts.
Speaker 3: We're all white knuckling our way through fucking ikea.
Speaker 6: Okay, they're like, you know, you can build them anyway you want at home, they can be real, you know, like what, let.
Speaker 4: Me show you this thing in my basement, and it's like George Clooney and burn after reading.
Speaker 3: It's fucking insane that an election can be influenced by a ship poster, like.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. The whole time we were like, man, misinformation is really gonna fuck this election up. And the most piece of misinformation was this guy fucks a couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like saluting. I love America, I love democracy. I've never been more patriotic than with this JD Van's couch.
Speaker 2: The bar is Yeah, I know, how have you been.
Speaker 3: I've been good. I've been good. Been a weird week for so many reasons. Excited to talk about what's going on. Excited to bring my people in miles as people together, you know what I mean? Enough enough fighting. We both can be represented by Kamala's you know, pro Israels.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm Japanese today.
Speaker 4: Actually, oh okay, got it, I'm sorry, and you do have to pick one. So we just you know, where we start recording, we make sure everybody just gets on the record and states what they are today, what's yours?
Speaker 3: A very long time and he's always been black to me, Japanese. Today he's Japanese.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, folks. I thought he was one of those anime blacks. That's what you're speaking Japanese. So well, it's one of these otaku types.
Speaker 3: He's like anamorphing into different races.
Speaker 2: Have you seen all the fucking black and white Michael Jackson memes people have been playing. They're like, this is what he thinks, because there is that one scene where goes from like this South Indian woman to like Isaiah Thomas like oh yeah, or.
Speaker 3: Like people have been posting like Sammy Sosa and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Of like yeah, got that.
Speaker 4: Morph technology really had a moment there in the early nineties, the black and White video and Terminator who I feel like they came out of the same like the same summer, dude.
Speaker 2: It was. I remember it was a huge thing for like artists too, because my dad at the time, I remember he was working on like these digital art pieces and making Pat Buchanan look like a black man and ship from the early nineties, and that was your project for pap Buchanan, Right, it was like a kink, Yeah, can you make me? Can you make me look like a black guy? Thanks?
Speaker 3: I remember that because I was like so young, so like yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: I was seventeen at the time.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety two, I was forty three years old.
Speaker 2: I remember pretty what are you bid him?
Speaker 4: That was the first technology that I was scared to buy morphine. The hell is this? Anyways? Yeah, that was my first brush with Ai Paul of You were going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we are going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. The Rock is not good at convincing young men to die for American imperialism. We just found out the Rock is getting sued. This is just like a good insights sued.
Speaker 2: They're like, can we have our money back? It sounds like right now, I mean, the.
Speaker 4: Military just asks you nicely for their money back, and you're like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: They're like, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 2: You know, have you seen what the police do. We're the fucking art.
Speaker 3: Have you seen what the police?
Speaker 4: Can't you smell what the Pentagon is cooking? No, because we designed it that way, you won't know until it's done. Talking about we'll talk about that. We'll talk about the continued fallout from Donald Trump's interview with a panel of black journalists, and just how the Republicans are making sense of it. They don't seem to be unified quite yet on on that. On racism, Will yeah, I mean, it's just different ways of coping with their own racism. We'll talk about the food at the Olympics. We'll talk about the food at Taco Bell now being all of that plenty more. But first, Paul V, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a shameless plug. So I was looking for Connie and Ted because my dog rescue that I volunteer for Hit Living Foundation. They name like dogs according to random things, so we'll have like the Harry Potter litter or like you know, like litters of pups, and so I looked it up and I was like, why is it Connie and Ted? It looks like it sounds like hr people. Yeah, they just named it after the restaurant restaurant because like, we're running out of names, because we're in a crisis. People adopted dogs. We're running out of names.
Speaker 2: There's not even ip to name them after.
Speaker 4: It's like, Yeahnd's but the dog Shelters and Hollywood are in the same book. They're like, I don't know, Harold's Magical Purple craym. Maybe maybe like some there's some tertiary characters from that universe.
Speaker 3: They're scrambling damn c like, but yeah, so that's I was like looking that up because I didn't know about that. I was like, why does this sound so weird because usually they're themed. But yeah, I guess we're just naming them after local restaurants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was one dog named Kanye and Ted. That's Good's sponsor. Like we have like ads like painted into their bag. Yeah yeah, okay, I'm actually writing these down because we are running.
Speaker 2: Namesa Zanku Chicken obviously just for local spots, you know, just all local.
Speaker 3: We have to name each each puppy one of the guys from Five Guys.
Speaker 4: They're also the five guys are also snap Crackle Pop. And then there's a couple more of their.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of extra guys. It was like Destiny's Child where they like three of them took off. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, who are the five guys? It's named after the guy who started it and his sons.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such a.
Speaker 3: Father like American father moment, like we're all just five guys here. No, you're my dad father's umble.
Speaker 4: Now, We're just we're peers.
Speaker 3: We're just hanging out.
Speaker 4: Any of his kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what's up?
Speaker 4: Do you think? Is underrated?
Speaker 3: The unsubscribed button? Okay, I've been going off on that because like I keep like, I'm yeah, just unsubscribed, because you can't do that on text messages or like random you know what I mean. Like there's so many things that are random where you just I can't spam stuff or you can't unsubscribe. So the ones that I can, I'm like, get me out of this hell. And I just keep pressing it over and over again. And it's so satisfying to be unsubscribed from any elace.
Speaker 2: Does it work?
Speaker 4: So I was I've been fucked up by the there's that thing where they say, like you can't even hang up on a spam caller, because then they know you're alive. They're like, that's a that's like a nibble when you're fishing. If you hit like line call, they're like, ah, we got a live one, and so.
Speaker 3: You can call them a scam though, and then they'll hang up.
Speaker 4: Oh they get scared, Go here are you a scam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then they're like.
Speaker 2: He knows.
Speaker 3: Back to the tunnels.
Speaker 2: I know. In Gmail too, sometimes we're like, hey, man, you haven't like opened an email from this baby store in like seven years. Do you want to unsubscribe? And I'm like, oh, yeah, thanks, there are like you yeah, in.
Speaker 4: The baby stuff five years before.
Speaker 2: Like when I was producing videos and stuff, I had to buy like a bunch of shit for set pieces and stuff. I remember, and one of those things yeah yeah yeah yeah, the ones the brains that I do fuck with baby wise, I still stay curry.
Speaker 4: Yeah up on that ship. Yeah yeah all right, unsubscribe. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna go through and start unsubscribing from the ones.
Speaker 3: It feels very satisfying. It doesn't always work. I have I'm on for my science life, like a micro biology list from like decades ago, and they won't let me off Amtrak. I think I can't find the unsubscribe button from them, but like the ones that you can like unsubscribe, it's very satisfying. You're like, I did a task today.
Speaker 4: Right, lose my number at right? Aid if you.
Speaker 3: Can't ghost him, ghost them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, And there's definitely like apps that do that. But I'm always like, I'm I'm sure I'm giving you something in exchange for and now we see your entire email box like that right right, right, right right, I'll just click them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys, get any like stay on, Like do you receive emails from like Trump or anything like that, just to like kind of see what's going on with the crew.
Speaker 2: Is that a caveat it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, like just to see just like see what he's up to.
Speaker 3: Maga curious you know what I mean, Like if you still aren't.
Speaker 4: Sure how he got my number, but he has some interesting things to say. Guys.
Speaker 3: I feel like Jack is turning light.
Speaker 4: I stay at the beginning of every episode today. I am white. I am white. Yeah, but I have gotten some good insights from some of his texts.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't I just like I'm pretty good at I'm pretty good at like getting mad at political texts and emails. So I'm like off of all of them. So like, so far this election season did a good jobs time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like all my unread text are like, hey, it's act blue. We will match your donation seven x times if you help kamel.
Speaker 3: Of my literally obsessed with me like hot jack, that's like pretty hot. You guys would be such a power couple.
Speaker 2: Don't kiss and tell. Those are private texts. Yeah, those are the same ones everybody else gets, like hair is wet for me that.
Speaker 3: We're like, we see him one day, his hair is dry. We're like, oh no, I like I will hate text back to like volunteer some stuff for campaigns. I'll be like what, like why is your person supporting this ship? Or if it's like somebody who's like really like right wing, I'll just like go ham on them. But like I think they've got I feel like they were like we have to not text her because then our feelings will get hurt, right, we have to stay off that list.
Speaker 4: The hardest one I've unsubscribed from a mailing list from Ember the coffee Cup. Then oh yeah, that warms keeps your coffee hot. That it was like, it's a good idea in theory, didn't work out for me a power user. I just like ordered one and somehow accidentally clicked to the wrong button and cannot unsubscribe.
Speaker 3: I think it's so unfair when like you order something and they're like, in order to get a discount, you have to give us your email or like sign up for this thing. I'm like, like, I'm gonna just save us the time, Like, just save us the effort. That's why I have fuck you promo at gmail dot com that you know, just dump them in there. Yeah, just just take ump. Yeah, you're not gonna get I'm gonna use that as my diary. If I like really want to reach you, Miles, I'm gonna be like.
Speaker 4: That, fuck you, Bobby, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay? I literally just ordered door Dash, but like it's literally door Dash because I saw a tweet that was like afterwards, like get so you feel so discussed. It's like post door Dash clarity, You're like I wasn't even that good and it was so expensive.
Speaker 2: What have I done?
Speaker 3: And then she was literally just like I was talking to my financial planner, and like he was like, yeah, my son spends two thousand dollars a month on door Dash and I was like that's I was in my head. I was like that's not bad. And then I was like what I know. I like, but it's like literally like I feel like they're getting all of us. And then somebody on Twitter called it a taxi for your burrito and I was like, shut up, yeah like me, it was like a right wing guy.
Speaker 2: So I, oh, yeah, yeah it is. Was the is like is the economy bad or did you get a private car for your burrito?
Speaker 3: And it's like private tax Yeah. It was like inflation or something. And it's like, but we have to get private taxis because we're working like a million I mean not me, I'm not working right now, but like we're working like a million jobs. We're depressed, and like all we can do is get a taxi for our burrito.
Speaker 4: Job driving taxi for other people's burritos so that you can yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Can order your own precious burrito. Yeah, so it is like overrate and then they like Jackie's my boyfriend always has an issue with this. He's like, why do I have to tip them the same, like the same if they're bringing one bag and it's one stop versus multiple stops, it's the same tipping polys like it was like the charges and the fees are like it doesn't make sense for the drivers, you know, and the tipping doesn't make sense either, Like it's just weird.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's almost like it's predatory, almost like.
Speaker 3: It's very addicting because anyway, I'm enjoying my latte.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a combo. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about the Rock and we're back. We're back, And yeah, this one caught my attention to Miles the Rock because I remember seeing the ads. I think I think I saw like one of the ads maybe one of them went viral or it was like what the fuck is this.
Speaker 2: For the UFL or something the Rock posted?
Speaker 4: I think I think it was something the Rock posted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I thought you said you this caught your attention because America is currently flying their flags at half masted, because the country we once knew has truly died. Yes, Dwayne the Rock Johnson apparently has no fucking power over young men to get them interested in enlisting in the Army, and he, along with his minor league football team, the UFL, recently entered into an eleven million dollar marketing deal with the Army for an ad campaign and it went absolutely nowhere. Apparently he only posted two out of the five IG posts in his contract, and the UFL apparently is just a clown show with like one tenth of the viewers that college football has. So the Pentagon's like, damn, what are we doing here? So they're looking to get like at least six million back from the Rock and it apparently this campaign went so poorly that an internal review in the Pentagon showed that this whole campaign actually cost them eight thirty eight enlistments. They lost thirty eight people because Okay, this.
Speaker 3: Is like a thredible turn the Rock turned heel for the Army. I fucking love this. They didn't see it coming. They pulled out the chair. Okay. Also, like, I'm so sorry that the Pentagon did not have enough intel agents to understand that this would happen before. Yeah, what is your whole thing, pentagonthen is that your thing?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: No, right, this is like a seventeen year old idea, Like this was supposed to happen before social media, because now they clearly don't know where gen Z is. They're on TikTok, they're not they're not watching live B grade football on TV. And this is like similar to like the National Guard they spent eighty eight million dollars on a NASCAR sponsorship that also rendered fuck all in the number of people that actually enlisted. But like, this crisis is so bad, but it's just it's compounded by the fact that the Pentagon is barred from taking ads out on TikTok because you know to because too many people in Congress are like the Chinese government will steal our secrets if you even look at TikTok. So they're like us.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like the Chinese government be like we're not going to fucking dirty work at like go ahead.
Speaker 2: Buy some fucking ads, just see what happens. But like they're bar from that investment, so they're like, uh, Nascar.
Speaker 3: This is like when the when people on the left are so far left, they're like conservative again, like they become anti vaxxers. Now the right is doing that. They're so far right, they're like anti army.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will say, like I have seen I watch a lot of reality TV, and I have seen a lot of ads for the Army on like like the worst reality TV shows on Peacock like, and it's like it very like the types of ads I see on certain shows.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know that they're going for a certain like demographic in terms of like like ability, Like I don't know, it just seems like why would you put this on like the trashiest TV shows, you know, like My Guilty Pleasures?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like one of them is like I saw this one is like for the Navy, and it's like this Navy Special Forces guy and like they're like there's just like this like he comes out of the water and he's like, yeah, join up. He's like and do things you can't even talk about. That's been crazy, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where you go when you like work at a black site or something. What the fuck are we talking here? But it's more like it's a classified secret missions. The other ones like are meant to like evoke like playing Call of Duty clearly because they're so fucking action packed, right, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're all over those games, right, Like aren't they partial sponsors of some of those games and like in the same way that they were for like Top Gun and all that shit, Like they I feel like they have partnerships or whatever, because you wouldn't be able to like have all the quote my eight year old weaponry that they have in you know, like isn't that part of the deal.
Speaker 3: I think so probably, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have to assume, and I'm not going to do any research to find out.
Speaker 3: What if they start like like interacting with video games so that it's kind of like NBA or NFL video games where you can like have specific war crime killers like in the game right, like the guy who killed Osama just in the right, right, right. This is so dope of one of the ads that I saw. It was like it was kind of like a hey, like the Armies for the Woke mob too, Like it was like, look, look at all these like black and brown people working in the army and like how it like got us where we are or whatever. And it was kind of crazy because like that was the one that I saw the most. But like a lot of these army ads, like those people I assume they're actually in the army because they're terrible at speaking, Like they're awful at like being in front of a camera and I'm like, who is this? That man looks scared, like who is this?
Speaker 2: Right? Because if he said the real reason he enlisted is because I've been my socioeconomic possibilities are so limited by design in this country that my only recourse is to join this kill machine. Anyway, Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Was the ad I might join. It might be like, right, wait a minute, am I gonna die? This fucking rocks? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Two thousand dollars a month on burrito taxis? So I had to list.
Speaker 4: How many times do you think they have approached mister beast to be like all right, all right, all right, right, new pitch, New pitch. You pay someone three hundred thousand dollars to speed run an active war zone? Like, well, what are we talking here?
Speaker 2: You know we'll let you plug your chocolate bars.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like a recruiter. He's like, I'm going to lock you in a basement unless you sign this.
Speaker 4: The Skibbity toilet universe has like army branding. I'm sure in its future. We'll see, we'll see how they the Pentagon, that Pentagon.
Speaker 3: Bring us in. We got some ideas for you, okay, real like the mad Men of the Future.
Speaker 2: You want to like invest in like some improv teams, Yes, that could work, you know, and develop some shows that may have been canned by improv.
Speaker 3: Has more of a cult following than the military, so like, yes.
Speaker 4: More than the CFL or whatever.
Speaker 2: The rocks people are tuning into here, Matt Besser, do improv. I'm telling you who's tuning into here? Fucking you know, Steve Reedi say something about the fucking military none.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and it's just as financially exploited as.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move on. The big story as of Thursday was still Trump's Wednesday interview with three black women journalists at the what was it the.
Speaker 2: College or National Association.
Speaker 4: Of National Association of sorry.
Speaker 2: Black of Journalists?
Speaker 4: Is that it?
Speaker 3: Why wasn't that at the top of your tongue?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you know what that was?
Speaker 4: Journalists?
Speaker 3: Are you not a fan? Are you not a fan of that?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: Jack? State your race right now? State your race, white man. Okay, okay, okay, I heard you guys.
Speaker 3: Get a spike in listeners the normal Yeah, I come back on next time. This is a right wing podcast. Fully you guys are getting like army sponsorships.
Speaker 4: I mean we're flirting, you know, like JD. Vance at a couch store. But it's uh yeah, there's still the mainstream Republicans who are like that is not the Republican party. But Trump seems to be spiking the football.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 4: Vance seems to think he nailed it.
Speaker 2: He said he crushed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, what what if some Republicans, some mainstream Republicans said about it, like what are they how are they trying to like spin it?
Speaker 2: Well, like, for example, you have people like Lisa Murkowski who is like, what's going on? What's he talking about? D I like kind of be like confused, not necessarily condemning. Then they're like in this Axios report, there were a lot of people who were going like like anonymously saying like it was awful, which is so brave that you're anonymously saying this. Other people are like it's I think Larry Hogan, who's probably like the most center brother yea brother, the governor of Maryland. It was like the least trumpy Republican was like it was this was like unacceptable and a warrant, But at the same time, like this is the party that you let this man in. Don't act stupid. This is what it's been a while now. So a lot of people are trying to save face. I'm also pretty irritated, like how like left leaning media, liberal media is like just salivating over this to be like the Republicans are gonna panic over this. It's like no, they're fucking not. They are just they are just posturing to try and save face because that's the most they can do. Other people have been more saying stuff like well, that's not how you're gonna win undecided voters, like as like the spiciest criticism Jesse Waters on Fox like kind of did crazy that guy?
Speaker 3: And so does his own mother?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Better homes in garden, I think is what his grandfather was like the publisher of and.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, yeah, god, would you be just starting your home? Okay, grandfather? What the hell happened there?
Speaker 2: But like Jesse Water is like, I don't know if I would have said that was like the most he said, but then he started doing said slurs, but then he used then they started going around like what is African America? Then started doing that whole shit, and we're like, okay, so just shut the fuck up. I'm tired of hearing these people try and parse through like what is Jamaican or black or not? Because this is just again He's Trump has just kicked off the new birther movement because a bunch of the people who are not pundits but are just like this sort of echo chamber online or people who write the dumb blogs and shit are all sort of lockstep and being like but I mean it is kind like doing it more like I don't know. I'm just saying that's like that type of energy about it.
Speaker 3: Race analysis from white people is so funny. I'm like, you tell us the nuances of the different creatures.
Speaker 2: There was one. There was one where like Trump reposted like a photo of like Kamala as a kid like with her Indian family, Like yeah, sorry, She's like wow, good to see you, so proud of it. It's like br like if like in Japan, if I was wearing like you cut that or something, I'm not let them being like let me fucking make sure I gotta blunt hang like whatever the fuck I'm like, would you?
Speaker 3: Okay, First of all, this man does not understand Indian people because like we love dressing up people of other races in our out. Have you seen white girls at weddings?
Speaker 7: We are, okay, exactly, like we fucking love Like you're not gonna separate us with this bullshit.
Speaker 3: We love seeing like black women and sorry, like I love seeing other cultures. I'm sorry. So it's like, even if you're like, oh, she's denying one or the other, like posting like cute pictures of her celebrating this culture, is not gonna like deny her history.
Speaker 2: It just like underscores the rigidity of how they look at race in general. It's like, what are what things are that isn't white?
Speaker 3: That they were like, we would never commit miscegenation, So we don't understand this. We don't understand race mixing. You have to pick check ant know, if you've heard he said this is a white genocide happening. Okay, yeah, that's what we're interested in. That's those are the babies were satan. They don't understand interracial if it's not white with something else.
Speaker 2: You know, they're like, wait, they do that.
Speaker 4: I thought they're mad?
Speaker 3: Are they allowed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But it's brought the fact that Trump is racist back to the front and center. Of the mainstream media, which is where his candidacy started and seems to be Yeah, yeah, he threw dude.
Speaker 2: A perfect distraction bomb from him because, like I was saying on the Wednesday Trending episode, this is this was purely like people were like, Oh, he embarrassed himself. I'm like, he he's turning up the base with this ship. Yes, and predicted what he had, and now they're all saying the same dumb shit. So it's like, at the same time, it's like, what's the point of even replict yes, water is wet, Trump is racist? Move like this is not news and wasting headlines and airtime over talking about like what a biracial person is just absurd.
Speaker 3: I do think like the way to respond to that is to like post Kamala dancing with like her sorority, Like you know what I mean, Like she's clearly like black and has celebrated being black for like a long time and has participated in black culture. So I feel like the way to like memify it is to post her being cultural in both aspects, like he's already doing the Indian side, like.
Speaker 2: The duality of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that will like unite people behind her like quirkiness and her let you know, like the stuff that gets memed online sure that they're so con used about, Like yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I think this is like sort of it. It was more it turns up turns into somewhat of a blessing for Trump because the conversation is like off of Kamala Harrison, like that campaign, and it's now back on him and what he's saying about her.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: And that's something that I think they've been contending with the last week because they're like.
Speaker 4: We're not weird.
Speaker 2: We just like, yeah, that's fucked upholstered things. I don't know whatever, you know what I mean, And like, I think that is sort of a gift. I guess. Also there are people who are like being like, wow, I can't believe he went there, But that just seems like the standard response for like rip all the racist shit he said all the time, right, yeah, Like when you have other things I think that are important to talk about too, like you know, like the delegates that are representing the uncommitted movement, you know, like against Biden's gaza policy. Like there right now, they're asking the DNC if they can have a speaking time during the convention like just a five minute slot and it and like with someone who uh like five like a health worker who had just come back, Like they just want to give some space to that person. And right now the DNC hasn't said anything back. The people who are you know, organizing that movement are like really trying to get in front of Kamala Harris to be like we need to understand, like have some kind of dialogue here, like we just can't ignore this group of people. And many people, especially even if they didn't vote that way, just your basic polling shows this is an issue within the party that needs to be addressed and just doing the thing again to be like man and because it's also convenient for Democrats be like, wow, Trump's so racist? What's wrong with the Republicans? And now we're here, we're not talking about like other things, like about what this you know, the future of America can be outside of well, it's not going to be Trump.
Speaker 3: Do you think though that? Like because it feels like the discourse is like never going to be about these like specific things on like a large scale level, Like so like with the memes of like coconut tree and like brat and weird, Like those are all esthetics things that take over like the mainstream discourse. So like regardless, I mean, Trump does like garner like all of the attention in his favor when he says something ridiculous, and then it does take away from like the momentum of the Democratic candidate or whatever. But it seems like those details are never like there's always going to be distraction, you know what I mean, Like those details are never going to be hammered out in the public square.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think, well when you look at just even how the media like handles things, even like when those like aid workers were killed in Gaza that were like, you know, like that apparently were like oh my god, volunteers from abroad or getting killed that you David, it's so quick, you know what I mean. So yeah, to your point, that appetite isn't there, especially from you know, the upholders of the status quo and like sort of mass media for sure. But yeah, again I think that's why a lot of people are just so like man like can there are other so many other things to talk about, but this also dictates what people talk about. And so yeah, if now for sure this is what people are talking about and yeah, it's just a uh. I think it's Trump doing his Trump thing, the media doing the like it's sort of become reflexive at this point, like they're calling response to his racism. Yeah, but like to the point where other people are like this just doomed Donald Trump. I'm like, this didn't doom him, Like.
Speaker 3: No, he's just saying this. He came out saying Mexican's are rapist, Like right, yeah, that was an opener.
Speaker 2: An escalator saying that before we even got to the mic.
Speaker 4: And it's like.
Speaker 3: The US I don't think we talked about how dvid was of him to come down that escalator, Like you know what I mean, like what an entrance?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow's fake with fake audience there.
Speaker 3: How can you be anti dragon come down an escalator that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he doesn't notice dunk queeness.
Speaker 4: I read some analysis that was like the twenty sixteen it seems like whoever the election becomes about loses. Like in twenty sixteen it became about Hillary in a lot of ways. Twenty twenty it was about like Trump as a failed president, And now I think they're probably competing to make the election about about the other one. I feel like this probably plays into the Democrats' ability to, yeah, not talk about Gaza or any anything like that, just keep the focus on Trump and the Republicans and him being obsessed with like what race are you can like tie into like the weird you know, part of their messaging, which is unfortunate that that is like seems to be the strategy. But I feel like they are going to continue to say as little as fucking possible, of course.
Speaker 2: Because then you don't have to you don't have to contend with harder questions like about how do we fundamentally change like our social programs in this country?
Speaker 4: Just like let them get get them elected and then they're going to do the right then they'll do it.
Speaker 2: But did you hear what Trump said about Biracials? Right, I'm sorry Biracials? What did you say? They're going to be?
Speaker 4: And then extend Trump for another eight years to make sure they can keep him out there just talking shit so that they can, you know, as a foil like an NBA contract, they're like, hey, can we get you under contract for another like type four eight years?
Speaker 3: I mean, they really they really did do that, Like some like with like more local elections. They did invest in like they like actually paid maga people, they donated to their their supported bolstered their problem in order to like defeat them. And it's like some of them didn't, like did not end up the way they hoped they would, you know what I mean, Like some of them but like maybe didn't have the overall effect they wanted. But that's like all it is to them is like is a way to stay in power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's also like you know, I think recently Vivic what Ramaswami was also saying, like he kind of like was reach.
Speaker 3: Man my guy, but they I know that guy I grew up with. I like not him, but like the stereotype of him. Oh my god, so much energy.
Speaker 2: He's like posting stuff now He's like, we gotta stop, Like we need to actually talk about like policy now. He's like it's not sticking. That is so funny covering for Joe Biden. It's not sticking that she failed at the border. It's like we need to find like we just we have to come up with people's like a vision for the future.
Speaker 3: Whenever you do do not talk about Indian people. Do not talk about Indian people. Do not talk about Indian people. Yeah, did you see the Like I don't know if you guys covered this, but you do see when like Anne Colter told him to his face that she wouldn't vote for him because he was an Indian and then later he had a debrief about it and it was like, well, you were a little bitch while she said it. What happened. Yeah, it's just very funny, Like how like Indian Republicans immediately turn. It's like they're gonna come for all of us, Like what did you expect You thought you were white bitch? No, not even you, Nikki Haley, I don't think so. If you had been at the center of this, you would have been fucked.
Speaker 2: Like Francesca Ramsey always posts like on Twitter Instagram, like I didn't think the leopards would eat my face for every time, like minorities, like the conservative machine came for me, but I was good, Like.
Speaker 3: Laren was like pro choice and they ate her up.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, the leopards ate my face. Great.
Speaker 4: Sorry, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we are back and Paul the are you keep it up on the Olympics at all?
Speaker 3: Yes? And okay, my favorite thing now, Like, obviously, women's gymnastics is amazing, women's swimming's swimming is Have you been paying attention to women's rugby? It is fucking amazing. God. Literally there was one I forget, I don't remember her name, but she like literally there was like a fan cam of all of her stuff. She was she like got tackled, stood up and carried someone running with the.
Speaker 4: Ball, like carry each other so much, Like.
Speaker 3: Why I'm like, first of all, this is the gayest shit, Like why is this not promoted more during June because like all like queer like fems would go crazy for it. And second of all, it's just like so insane and so awesome and all of the tiktoks that Alana is posting because like people were calling her a man, yeah, people were calling her overweight, and I'm like, like I tweet, I was like people are talking about her bmi. I'm like that bitch is a Bronze medalist baby, like like like what are you talking? I don't know. It's so I love Like now I'm like obsessed with I'm like, can I see it? Because a lot of the appeal of these sports is it's not things that like a lot of America watches or attends lives throughout the year, like it's every four years that we all get like really tuned in. But most people like we don't see like rugby all the time or like go to our local rugby games, you know. So now I'm like, I want to go see rugby, I know, right.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I think you want to see I want to watch more volleyball. I want to watch more like badminton. I like badminton is dope.
Speaker 3: Badminton is very Indian. Indians love racket sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the racket the racket sports. The lesser racket sports, or maybe not the lesser, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the more intense ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the Yeah, I mean I think the other benefit too is like you can at least like they're superlatives. You're like, these are the best people in the world. It's not you're not seeing like the random like metrecs supplements, Kayak Fest twenty, you know what I mean, Like, these are the people who are like, these are the best people in the world you're going to see. So it's at the highest level typically, unless like someone you know, you know, super talented is like injured or whatever. But I think that's the other benefit is like, okay, so this is like the best at shooting a little air gun with your hand in your pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah that guy. Wait, that's wait, my favorite guy.
Speaker 3: This is breaking. Breaking news for Thursday is that Simone Biles just became the first woman to win two Olympic all around titles.
Speaker 4: I love her. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And then I think Katie Ladecki about to be like the most decorated woman.
Speaker 4: Most decorated female Olympian of all time.
Speaker 3: I think that bit is crazy. She's like swimming extra laps just for fun after the races, like she's just like so far ahead of them. She's like, maybe I'll take another round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have any idea Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, did you also see the Simone Biles Mikayla.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, format it wasn't Mikayla Maroney. It was a different Mikayla who was who like had like a real like right wing take where.
Speaker 3: The wife esthetic Yeah, she was like crazy.
Speaker 4: Now the like they can't now that they've like taken the abuse out of gymnastics coaching, these kids aren't like tough anymore. And Simone Biles was just like came at her when she said that a few months ago, and now like the first post after they won gold as a team, she like was like, yeah, I guess we're a bunch of them, like quoted the thing that she said, lazy. Yeah. Yeah, anyways, I.
Speaker 2: Noticed that lazy Olympic champions.
Speaker 3: And then the other Mikayla Maroney, was like, oh my god, I got to redeem my first name.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mikayla. I noticed though that a lot of what we were talking about also shout out Chase Butdinger. Do you remember him, Miles from the NBA. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the dude white guy who had like crazy hops and is now the USA Beach Volleyball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was fun. But all these stories that we keep telling seemed to be about the athletes weirdly, and it seems like the Olympics, the whole kind of weird capitalist enterprise is doing a late stage, this stage, whatever stage of capitalism we're in, and just like not taking care of the thing that, like the talent that drives the entire enterprise. Because the food in the Olympic village, you would think like that would be one thing they would go out of their way. It's Paris, it's these are people who like need fuel. And like I remember, like I read that book Boys in the Boat because I'm just so old, but it was like about an Olympic rowing team that went to the Berlin Olympics, and like the food, Like all those guys could like talk about was how good the food, Like how well fed they were at the Olympic village. Granted they had all grown up in the depression, so I think just like two steaks and French fries was like all you needed. But the athletes are like, the food here fucking sucks you guys. Like one shot put track and field athlete was like lip saying the phrase you disappointed me on TikTok while showing the camera something that looked like it was like rock candy, but charred beef. It was like rock candy, crystal beach, Yeah, crystallized beef. And it was one of the first things Simone Bile said after the women's gymnastics team won gold during a press conference. Somebody was like, yeah, like so you must be enjoying the French cuisine, huh, And she said, here's the thing. I don't think we're having proper French cuisine in the village, like you guys might be eating because you're outside the village, so you the fucking media are getting to eat better than us.
Speaker 3: The like high performance, the reason y'all are Okay, okay, hold on, am I hearing that right now? They would really all these Olympic athletes could really use a private taxi for a burrito?
Speaker 4: Is what you say? Okay, all right, okay, I love your sponsorship, not really fuck you guys. Anyways, there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: You guys should do anti sponsorship where each week you just say.
Speaker 4: You sponsor, we kind of have that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm scared scared a few.
Speaker 3: Off this week is not brought to you by these bitches.
Speaker 4: These motherfuckers and burn They won't leave me alone, but my child because the youngest member of the gymnastics team was like, I don't think it's very good at least what we're having in the dining hall, Like it's fucking I don't know, it's just so amazing, Like they're they're pouring over a billion dollars into making the river temporary, like the sind temporarily clean enough to swim in, and then like that's all going to go away, like it's just a temporary deal to make themselves look okay, like a fucking temporary magic trick, and they failed at it. It was unsick, that's full. The triathletes were like the water tastes like literal ship.
Speaker 2: Probably did you hear what the Belgian triathlete woman she said, She said, I felt and saw things that we shouldn't think about.
Speaker 3: Honey, that's like horror movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to get so focused like oh that ship just.
Speaker 3: But we should be doing that to our Olympic athletes. I love this terrible food. It's more relatable. Okay, if they have if they're like training training, training, and then they have to deal with like the worst potato on the planet, or if they have to like swim through.
Speaker 4: Approach the training where it's on a farm where you can barely survive.
Speaker 3: Horse on an actual horse. Let me see some variations, okay.
Speaker 2: Like when they buy on team so it's like rickety.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, well we don't get the best things.
Speaker 4: It's not a point like they've been put back in time to like the days of like barely like subsistence farming. But they're basically back to the days of like shitty college area that feels like where they're.
Speaker 3: At, which, yeah, humble yourselves, Olympic athletes. I'm tired of your bodies being a temple.
Speaker 4: So much more and more money being poured into this and it's not going to the people who actually drive it. It's going to the corporate sponsors.
Speaker 2: Well. The other thing that's true, a lot of people are like accusing the like organizers of the Olympics of like it's a there's a two tiered Olympic village basically because there's no air conditioning because they're trying to be greener. But if you wanted for a fee, you could pay for air conditioning. So some obviously Olympic association like national associations, are able to foot that bill. Others are not. There's like Team Great Britain they had to bring their own cook out because they were like they.
Speaker 3: Were like, what is Britain gonna cook?
Speaker 2: Come on, they're like these guys who lift weights. There's not enough fucking protein.
Speaker 4: Protein, not enough eggs.
Speaker 3: And toasts, that's what we need.
Speaker 4: The way that this is getting pitched in the mainstream media is that like, uh, it woke my virus. There's not enough animals, they didn't kill enough animals. They're too scared to be serious. Yeah, but it's gotta be It can't be that. It's just gotta be fucking corporate bullshit.
Speaker 3: I love that they're disney landing. What do they have fast laying passes for a sake?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, oh you want to take a ship, Well you can take a Genie pass because there's you.
Speaker 3: Can just do it in the river because nobody cares.
Speaker 4: Legitimately, eight people in like US tennis player Cocoa Golf, This is a quote from that Afford's Circle. US tennis player Cocoa Golf lamented how she and nine other women shared two bathrooms in the Olympic village. That's how she's like internationally like she's for multi multi millionaire, like superstar, and she's like they're just making her sleep on cardboard beds in the village. Again, Like I get the appeal that it's like it's kind of cool that like they're having to live through shitty conditions to win these medals, But like when you look at the amount of like the fucking American Express employees and like board members who are being like probably ferried around in ambulances to cut through the traffic, like.
Speaker 3: From one event to a form for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And it's very much the yeah, like worker owner class dynamic where it's like the games we're seeing here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you the very.
Speaker 2: People who's literal physical labor and physical exertion that we count on to sell these sponsorships to. You can eat crystal beef and an old end my ship literally in the river. Here's the river, and you can wait in line for seven hours to try and use the bathroom while we eat fucking wool freet or whatever. You know, our stakehold plav and a really wonderful white tablecloths.
Speaker 3: What the fuck you're in France? Protest? That's what those people do take in the culture. Fucking burn some ship down, you know what I mean, probably the streets burn some ship down.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? I wonder what kind of like secret police force they have. They're like, there's not a lot of people are making noise in the Olympic village, right, we don't have to put down any kind of uprisings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the firefighters are like, we're on your side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Krista both.
Speaker 4: Well, Paula, what a pleasure having you on the all by so fast? Where can people find you and follow you? And all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Follow my Olympic journey at Paulaviganalen. It's mostly me on the couch being like I can do that, you know what I meant? P A L l A V I g U n A l A n everywhere. I am currently unemployed, so I gotta get famous and you're just gonna have to do that for me. Okay, likes people, you better follow me. I also don't want to work for it, so just make it easy. We also run at a monthly show called Facial Recognition Comedy at the Comedy Store. The next one is August twentieth, and I think the one after that is September twentieth. We get really dope lineups. It's in the belly room. It's super fun. It's packed out come through, and then I'm going to be like perform I'm doing some like festivals and shit this year, so keep an eye out. I'll be going to different cities. I'm going to Chicago this month and we'll be doing some shows there, so yeah, I'll be everywhere.
Speaker 4: Amazing. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Okay, on this discourse there is I have two tweets. One tweet is Roywood Junior, who is amazing, say quote tweeted the Trump interview and was like, we now know Kamala's brave story. When did the rest of you turn black? How old were you? Where were you when your blackness? When the blackness finally took over your body? Share your stories? This is a safe space. Ashually when I turned black and then at bard Rock Cafe, which should give you a hint about what this sweet is going to be about. Said so. Simone Biles jumping approximately seven to eight feet above the ground twelve feet including her height, means we now know her strength score in D and D. A creature in D and D five E has a vertical jump of three feet plus strength mod. So since she dumped more than seven feet, that's strength of twenty fam uniting, uniting nerds everywhere.
Speaker 4: It is miles. Where can people find use their work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. The basketball podcast the number one basketball podcast damn behind the other number one basketball podcast, but this one is called Miles and Jack on mad Boost. That's our basketball podcast. You can check into a podcasts with the word Boost is hosted by a biracial, Black and Asian man.
Speaker 3: Guess which one which one of us? One of us is black and the other one's Asian and one of us slides and the other tells the truth.
Speaker 2: You have two questions you can ask us, and you could also if you like trash reality like Paula v does and we all do to kind of help, you know, just treat our wounds of living in this world. You can find me on for twenty Fiance talking about ninety day Fiance piece of media. I like this was like a real I saw of This is so relatable as I think anybody who grows up playing Uno with your family, like when you're young, there's that moment where an adult like just starts clean, just starts cleaning your ass out, like you. They're like they got seven cards and like skip to rev draw for blah blah blah. And this is like the moment where a mom is about to play her Uno reverse to like end the fucking game, and this poor girl is screaming, like begging her not to just fucking like moist your ass this is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's like.
Speaker 2: That was super relatable as somebody who has been on both sides of that kind of UNO smashing. So yeah, that was a piece of media that was very relatable. So I love playing like that, like with my nephews.
Speaker 3: My family like cheats at Uno like and they'll like my like it's a huge monopoly and Una are huge in my family. And like my cousins will like speak in different languages to ask each other what color cards they have, like or they'll put down like two because they all speak like five languages, and like the American cousins are like, we don't know English, and like they'll put down like two or three cards at a time or only draw a few or like you know what I mean, Like oh wow, they find like great ways to cheat, so we all lose our shit.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I had a question about your basketball podcast. Yeah, are you guys covering the Olympics now? Yes, we are so great? Did I was like obsessed with South Sudan yesterday. I didn't see like all of the game, but it was like as they were playing, they were like, yeah they they only trained for like a few weeks a year or like a few weeks eftery however long and they have to train in other countries. I'm like, this is so not fair. And it's like one one former player is like bankrolling.
Speaker 2: The whole team too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 2: From his own pocket, just because he's like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyways, amazing.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Obrien, you should listen to the episode that Jacques was on. Yeah, let's see a tweet I've been enjoying. M Nate Shyamalan tweeted, Oh yeah, Well, if we're so weird, then how do you explain this? I say, as I invent a brand new form of racism that is somehow so horny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I did not expect that twist. Good job.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at d daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episode and our footnote. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Myles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: This? Guy? Deli so Seemi was the keyboard player. If you like Fella Kuti, he was like the keyboard player in Fellow's original backing band. He also played with Femi Kuti, Fella Kuti's son. And now he's you know, he's got his own career. This is a track from an album he did. This is called The Confluence LP. And this track is just super dope. It like remind us like his zero seven was kind of like more afrobeat centric. But anyway, this track is called most.
Speaker 3: Will.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to look at the footnotes for the spelling of that, but again soon for Adupe biby track and just a great band together. And it's interesting to hear like someone who sound is so specific to one genre is kind of transposed to other ones. So this is a track we're going out on by Delea, so see me amazing.
Speaker 4: We will link off to that in the footnote. The Daily Zeke is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listening to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We have the weekly Zeikeeist, a highlight reel from the week, dropping tomorrow, but we will talk to you all on Monday with an all new episode. Stay safe out there, Bye bye bye