Speaker 1: Thank you so much everybody for joining us on our park Opper episode. We are really excited because of course, we just recapped Can't Rock the Extravaganza that was the amazing film with the Jonas brothers, and we are now talking to somebody who we might have to rate as so far the meanest character.
Speaker 2: We had children of Disney villains that were not this mean.
Speaker 3: Ah, but she.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 3: Oh, I loved her.
Speaker 4: She was, but she it's so hard to play that sometimes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And she went for it and I was here for.
Speaker 1: Well she played it well. I'll tell you that she played it well. There's times I'm like yelling at my screen. But anyway, we don't want to keep her waiting any longer and we really want to talk to her, so please please help us.
Speaker 2: Welcome Megan Martin.
Speaker 5: Hi heay, Oh my god, I love the camp brocket.
Speaker 6: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: We both got official ones.
Speaker 4: Do you remember Hope Diamond, part of the PR team. She shot this to me. I'm stoked about it. Well, I'm supposed to give it back, but.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm back in time.
Speaker 3: It's just wow, that's what this is about.
Speaker 1: Well In the first twenty seconds you've been on. I can already tell you're a phenomenal actor because you were so mean in the movie and you're so nice already I can tell how talented you are because man, I was yelling at my screen like, oh then I mean such you.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't, I can't with you.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, well, I'm not it myself.
Speaker 4: I've got to ask when this movie came out showing Demi Levado we've got the Joe bros.
Speaker 6: Did you get a backlash.
Speaker 4: For being the character that was mean to Demi? Like I could imagine still did?
Speaker 2: Do you? Okay?
Speaker 6: Which is the weirdest thing, Like that was sixteen years ago, so long ago.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got a message the other day that was like pretty cruel in my Instagram, DM, you lied to.
Speaker 6: Demi and you deserve to die. And I was like, wow, I apologize.
Speaker 2: It was late. I didn't know that I tacked on you deserve to die.
Speaker 6: It makes sense that it was now at all sense.
Speaker 4: I can't always control him, but I tried to tame him a little bit.
Speaker 1: So before we get into the hate you just received last week, let's go all the way back. When was the first time you heard about the project was this We always asked, was this just a regular audition coming across your table or how did you hear about this?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 5: I think the first the first time I went in, Uh, they they saw me for Mitchie Demi's role. But I also think they were doing that thing where they just see everyone for the lead role and then they can rejig it at a later date. I knew that I was test, like I felt it in my books. I was like, look, we've all read the script like the Mode girl is gonna be test.
Speaker 6: So I went in. I read for Mitchie.
Speaker 5: But my acting coach at the time had called casting ahead of time and been like, oh, we think she's more right for tests. And so the casting director is I really bot I should remember their names, but I'm drawing a blank.
Speaker 6: They they had was a Judy Taylor. I didn't see Judy and Cornelia until later on.
Speaker 5: This was like a experience casting director, okay, and they they asked me to read the Mitchie lines as tests in audition.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I guess they don't have to just give you new copy. It's like, you know the lines you've already memorized.
Speaker 2: They do the met.
Speaker 6: Yeah, positive, So I did that. I guess that went well enough.
Speaker 5: And at that point, like, I mean, the Jonahs brothers weren't even that famous yet.
Speaker 6: They were like no, they were like the baby Bottle Pop guys. Like That's why I knew was from the baby Bottle Pop commercials.
Speaker 5: And originally it was not meant to be them, it was just meant to be an actor playing Shane Gray. Okay, So we did like a big dance audition, like final Round dance, singing, chemistry, reads, all that, and there were just like just actors in for Joe's role for Shane Gray. And then a few weeks later, Demi and I were messaging each other.
Speaker 6: On MySpace have you heard yet anything yet?
Speaker 5: And yeah, and then we ended up both getting it.
Speaker 6: And then when I think it wasn't until we were in.
Speaker 5: Canada, which is where we filmed that of course, all heard that the Joe bros. Would be joining and I remember like being really nonplussed by it. I was like, who the baby bot?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, they were dropped by their label into thousand and seven, so they had yet to explode into as Sabrina has called them.
Speaker 2: And I'm now picking up the Joe bros.
Speaker 1: The Joe bro I'm working on all the lingo. The cheetah chatter. She's trying to teach me all.
Speaker 3: I love it chatter.
Speaker 6: That is girl chatter.
Speaker 4: It was blasted everywhere for many, many years, and they're it.
Speaker 6: Hey, a good nickname is half the battle.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: So did you have to do the typical You did a dance audition, you did a singing audition, you did it?
Speaker 2: What order did you go in?
Speaker 5: So we did it all in one day. This is a real memory test right now, I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Did we guess? You got to go back.
Speaker 6: Thing that. It was pretty brutal.
Speaker 5: It's quite like like a sort of reality TV style where they cut They cut people throughout the day. Oh and I And at that point they'd seen us act and sing, so in the like first audition, and then we went in front of the Disney Channel execs and they and we'd done the acting and the singing and on the final day, I think it was dance first, and then if you made it past dance, then you got to do like group singing, and then if you made it past that, then you did.
Speaker 6: The chemistry reads with the other actors.
Speaker 5: And then they walked us all in as a group and like looked at, you know, one cast, and then walked us out and then walked in another.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Oh they were going like Dallas Cowboy Girls.
Speaker 2: Honestly they did DCCC.
Speaker 3: Remember two by seven. The rest may go Oh so.
Speaker 1: Brutal, truly, So it sounds terrible now as you're reading for this.
Speaker 2: Had High School Musical come out already?
Speaker 1: So did you know kind of the success that the channel was going for and what they were trying to do with Camp Rock?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Definitely. And I remember I was like I was I was.
Speaker 5: A bit sassy about High School Musical because I was like a big musical theater nerd, and I was like, oh, you know, what is this Disney Channel things?
Speaker 6: They can do musicals? Eating my words? Soon after that, but they Yeah, the first high School Musical had.
Speaker 5: Come out, and then the second one came out right before we filmed, after we'd already been cast.
Speaker 6: So I got to like watch the second.
Speaker 5: One knowing that I was about to fly off to Canada to film Camp Rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and were you in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well we were actually three hours north of Toronto, I say three hours I think that's right again memory test and we were in Halliburton. Someone's gonna be like, it's not three hours the same person that's DM me check.
Speaker 2: I will make sure I put that in my next dam that will happen.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we were. We filmed that an actual summer camp, which is really so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really cute, and we were all we say that I went to Disney Channel high school because like, I mean, you guys know, like working as teens like you, that becomes your peer group. It becomes like, yeah, yeah, that is your high school classmates.
Speaker 6: And we we all went to summer camp together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so fun.
Speaker 4: It's so funny because we talked to a lot of interviews and they always kind of explain their time creating a DCOM felt like summer camp and you were actually at summer actually.
Speaker 2: At d COM summer camp.
Speaker 6: That was literally summer camp.
Speaker 3: So fun. Yeah, and it was it looked gorgeous out there.
Speaker 6: It was really beautiful. There was terrible service.
Speaker 5: There was like no Wi Fi and no like I was doing schooling through an online program and I like it was not not good.
Speaker 6: I did not get a lot of education during that two months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, well, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't actually then shoot in the summer.
Speaker 5: No, we shot in the in the fall for both, Yeah, both of them was like the same time of year for both Campack wanting cat Bork to Yeah, September. It was lovely during the first movie. The second movie, it was the coldest.
Speaker 6: Fall Canada had had in like thirty.
Speaker 1: Years or something, and it was I haven't seen the second one. I don't know, I haven't seen the second. When I'm going in order as a much older man, I'm watching all of the Disney Channel original movies for the first time. So Sabrina is guiding me through the tour. But this wasn't your first foray with the Channel though, right.
Speaker 5: No, I had done an episode of Sweet Life of Zach and Cody, but just just one episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so this is this is then a big jump going from one episode of Sweet Life two I mean essentially the main Disney villain in Yes, good movie.
Speaker 2: It was very cool, It was.
Speaker 6: Very surreal, very Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's a strange, a strange thing at age fifteen to kind of just see, Yeah, I feel like life is flashing before my eyes.
Speaker 6: But Peekedurley really.
Speaker 1: That's the best time to do it. I'm sorry I did too. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were you were working with Demi who. I mean, this movie I think set her apart. She was magic. You saw so much talent. What kind of memories did you guys have, because I mean you guys were both you know, entering the channel. It wasn't like she was coming off of like a big TV show already. She was really this was her big break into Disney. Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 5: I think that was like the exciting part for all of us is because even as we were saying, like the Jonah's brothers were still kind of on the brink of everything, and like there was this there was this energy amongst the cast of like everyone was, you know, in a relatively similar place, and it was like there was not a lot of ego involved because nobody had really done anything and everyone was just quite excited to see what was gonna happen. And I mean that means ridiculously talented. And I remember like going to record the songs ahead of filming and like seeing her in the studio and being like, oh.
Speaker 6: My god, well well we should all just leave now. She can just take all songs in the maybe it'll be better for it.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yeah, I mean if you can like go through that process. So you guys audition you had. It sounds like a grueling audition process. Then months go by, probably or was it quick to get into rehearsals. Did you rehearse in la or were you out Canada?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think we recorded the songs in La, so I think we were probably cast like may Ish April.
Speaker 6: Mayish, and then we recorded.
Speaker 5: They like sent me the CDs of my songs, and you know, they sent us all the scripts and it was all very hush hush, and especially because of the success of High School Musical, they like knew that they had to keep this on the down low. And then we went into the recording studios in La we recorded our songs.
Speaker 6: But I think at that.
Speaker 5: Time Demi was the only one I had met, like, I hadn't met any of the other cast members formally. And then it didn't really all kick off until we flew up to Canada and we did a month of dance rehearsals in Canada ahead of film.
Speaker 3: Oh you got a month?
Speaker 5: Oh did you?
Speaker 2: How long did you guys?
Speaker 4: Get don't the way you said that was, I mean, that's a long time.
Speaker 6: I think it was.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 6: I'd have been three weeks. It might have been three weeks. Three weeks.
Speaker 3: I think we got through.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, like, you know, it's so nice. The rehearsal process is amazing.
Speaker 3: It's so fun.
Speaker 4: That's where you're really getting to know each other and it doesn't feel, I guess necessarily as serious because.
Speaker 3: You're not on film yet.
Speaker 4: You know, you're just kind of feeling each other out and creating that energy. Like I loved rehearsal. That was probably a lot of my favorite memories. Was just chilling and oh like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go from the top. You know, I don't know, it's just so fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's the less pressure. Yeah, you get to just kind of bond and have fun. And I was a theater kid, so like rehearsal was the space that I knew and felt comfortable with.
Speaker 2: And yeah, sure, it.
Speaker 5: Was really good, really good memory is all in the same hotel and just kind of yeah, like summer camp again.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to ask you, What were you guys doing on your downtime, you know, on the days that maybe you weren't filming, What did you guys do up there?
Speaker 5: We had a lot of dance parties, which so like wholesome and sweet now and I think back round it like I just saw us a little fifteen year old's just all these Disney kids having dance parties.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what all the fans wish would happen. It turns out as actually what happened.
Speaker 6: It was so cute.
Speaker 5: I have such fund memories, like we well, we went bowling in Toronto during rehearsals. Rehearsals were pretty like it was fun, but it was also grueling, I would say in a weird way. It was more exhausting than the filming was. So I feel like we did more hanging out when we were filming, and we were staying in this hotel in near the summer camp that was like basically the summer camp of a hotel.
Speaker 6: It was like a.
Speaker 5: Launch kind of thing, okay, And we had little golf carts.
Speaker 6: And oh no, Kevin Jonas was the only one that could legally drive them.
Speaker 5: So Kevin Dunnas was like driving us around like dropping everyone off at their cabins and we just.
Speaker 6: Have these like we I'm trying to think what song. There was like a lot of Timberland that had.
Speaker 5: Just come in time, and so we were doing a lot of like early two thousands dance parties.
Speaker 6: It was really cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: What what's the age difference between you and Nick? Are you guys close to.
Speaker 6: The same age?
Speaker 3: The same age?
Speaker 5: So I think we're the same year. So I'm like a few months older than Nick.
Speaker 2: So we both Okay, wait, walk me through this again.
Speaker 4: Nick is the little one, curly yeah hair okay, Joe is the middle, the singer.
Speaker 2: Joe is the one who play was changed, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And then Kevin was the one that they really straightened his hair, and I just I couldn't get over there.
Speaker 6: It was a weird choice choice.
Speaker 3: He didn't look comfortable in it.
Speaker 6: It was some strange fashion choices.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, they're all close in age too, though, aren't they.
Speaker 1: I mean it seems like, yeah, brothers, but they're four months apart, which you know he can figure that out.
Speaker 2: So magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I was asking about Nick because I'm closer to Kevin's age and Nick, I just he was the younger one, and he would blow my mind how talented he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he was, you know, a couple of years younger than me, and he was talking about not just writing songs, he was writing screenplays, and it was like his brain just went so fast in detail. I was just like, man, you just could tell just talking to him.
Speaker 6: Rule the world.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, well, I mean apparently as you were shooting the movie, they helped to write and produce like six of Demi Lovado's songs.
Speaker 2: I mean, as they're doing the film, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: They were writing their own album.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 6: I also have like great memories of thought.
Speaker 5: There was a there was a grand piano in the hotel lobby, and the hotel was like empty, nobody was nobody was there except us and and Nick would just be sat there writing songs that then ended up on their album, which was amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine their fans like just even hearing that that was going on.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh man, it was.
Speaker 6: It was really amazing, very magical.
Speaker 1: Speaking of songs, we have to talk a little bit about what your reaction was the first time you read the lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's too cool.
Speaker 3: Yes, can we talk about that.
Speaker 4: I had to rewind it so many times because I'm like, okay, it was the.
Speaker 2: Great it was.
Speaker 1: So we just watched Lemonade Mouth not too long ago, and there was there was a song from Mudslide Crush and that that they're They're Nemesis and and that's kind of similar, which just like I'm awesome and you want to be me. So I'm just so curious when you read that where you like all me to crush this or you're like, oh my god, I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think. I don't think I ever thought I would crush it. That was definitely not off my mind, and.
Speaker 5: Recording it was just because it was also just like very very far from who I am as a person, like not just not just quickly, but like stylistically, like I am not like that sort of very poppy yeah, oh auto tuned. I just remember like the first time I heard it back, I was like, oh my god, that's a robot.
Speaker 6: That's not me.
Speaker 5: But I mean, hey, if people like it, then they like it, and you know it was the style, but the lyrics were yeah, hilarious. I mean it's like a tweeny version of I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt?
Speaker 6: Right, that's right, totally.
Speaker 4: I love that you said that because that's exactly what was going through my mind, going, I see what we're doing, and of course they have to do the juxtaposition. Yeah, yeah, what they were going for. It totally makes sense. But I just love that Disney just like they went for all the way.
Speaker 6: They were like, let's go.
Speaker 1: Name the singer of I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt. No, you don't remember the name, right, said Fred?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, said friend.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I think the slashes of the music video are though. Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: So you're having a blast while you're there, obviously, all the downtime is amazing.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows when they're on a set, especially with a bunch of other people.
Speaker 1: Around your age, with you know, with similar passions, you're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: How did shooting go?
Speaker 1: Was shooting itself smooth or was it a little bit rocky?
Speaker 5: It was pretty smooth, honestly, like the Yeah, it was because you know, we were all underage, so like we can only work certain hours, so it was all pretty quick and they they they packed it all and did everything they needed to do, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Remember any like huge hiccups with filming.
Speaker 2: That's great, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was all just like a pretty good time and going into the school room was like fun because we were all there together.
Speaker 6: And yeah, it was just very very adorable. It's the only way I could think of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys film, then it's done, and then I feel like there was a lot of momentum from the time it shot to when it aired of the Jonas brothers, Like what was that kind of energy likelew up right, I mean it was, Yeah, it happened so fast overnight. They were just this crazy sensation. Did that happen between filming and airing?
Speaker 6: Basically?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we started to see it here and there during filming, but I would say definitely like post filming, they just they were everywhere.
Speaker 6: They had like all.
Speaker 5: Their music videos coming out, like it was just it was so the marketing department a Disney channel knew what they were doing. It was very very well timed, right, and they dropped like the like a premiere for the trailer for camp Rock like six months before it came out. Oh yeah, actually, I'm now remembering all that it was on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 6: I was staying with Demi.
Speaker 5: She was still living in Texas at the time, and I was I went to spend New Year's Eve with her in Texas, and part of the Disney Channel New Year's Countdown was they were showing this like trailer for Camp Rock.
Speaker 6: Which wouldn't come out until June of that year.
Speaker 5: Wow, So they really hyped hyped it up massively, and it was like a very yeah, it was. It was insane because it truly went from like no one knowing any of us to like being recognized in public. And and because it like we were lucky that there wasn't that much social media at the time, like we were still relatively well protected, Like we weren't being marted.
Speaker 1: You weren't getting dms all the time telling you that you being mean to people.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you were, well, but yeah, oh god, no I was. I have no idea where I wasn't, jeez, So.
Speaker 3: You know we know that you weren't.
Speaker 4: You got to be in one of their music videos. Was that before or after the movie came out?
Speaker 6: Oh? Man, it worry after.
Speaker 5: No, I should have done more studying for this. Honestly, I should.
Speaker 2: Time we have to study for a podcast. It's no fun crazy.
Speaker 5: I think everything was pretty much after afterwards, because then they did a little like I think they went on tour immediately after that, and then they filmed the tour and that became part of the music video.
Speaker 6: And then I did a little voice on one of the.
Speaker 3: Songs yeah video Girl Yeah.
Speaker 6: Which is which they're still using on their world tour. I found out TikTok.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, that is so awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're on tour with the Jonas. That is epic, but okay.
Speaker 1: So the other question we always asked, and we frankly know the answer to this before we ask what we have to ask anyway, did anybody, any of your cast mates you have any idea the impact camp Rock was going to have as you were filming it.
Speaker 5: No, not at all, And like, honestly, like it makes me emotional the impact that it's still to this day. Like I meet kids who are you know, seven eight, I'm like, you weren't even alive when Campock came out and and they love it. And like the fact that people I mean again, you guys know, but when you have people come up and you to you and they're like.
Speaker 6: You are my childhood. Like it's just it's it's insane. It's really magical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and it's especially this idea of going to a summer camp for the arts and knowing that you're inspiring kids. You know that, yes, this is I trained for this and I got this amazing opportunity, and then they're going, I can.
Speaker 3: Do that too, I can do it. Yeah, you know that's what I'm that's my dream.
Speaker 4: I'm not and they actually use you as like an inspiration to push forward.
Speaker 3: This that I mean is it's just so cool.
Speaker 6: It's the best. Yeah, it's the best part of job.
Speaker 1: You also said that you you went from you know, all of you kind of being relatively unknown to then getting recognized in public and signing autograshs. How long was it between the movie airing and kind of your life changing like that. I mean, did it happen overnight or was it gradual?
Speaker 5: It was pretty instant because I think because Disney had done such a good job, like doing the marketing ramp up, that the minute people saw it and it was like this, you know, verified stand.
Speaker 3: They were Yeah, they were waiting for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: It was like one of the most watched things on television the night that it premiered, and so yeah, it was pretty My sister got married the day before it came out, actually, and which is crazy. And then I remember, like we were I'm from Vegas, but she got she also got married in Vegas, and so I was like on the Vegas strip the weekend the camp Rock came out, staying in the hotel where she got married, and even then very much not the right demographic, but even then in there, like I was getting stopped walking through the hotels and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's fast.
Speaker 1: The Disney machine knows what they are doing, don't they know?
Speaker 6: They know?
Speaker 4: And what's cool at this time they now have brands that are basically competing to get the higher ratings and albums to do better and sales for tours and all that. I mean, it's just like they're just having these brands that are just climbing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to ask you this now.
Speaker 4: Please try not to get upset with me, but we have to for the fans, and some of them are our producers for the record.
Speaker 2: I have no idea where this is going. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Where this is going because I remember being at the Disney Channel games and that was shortly after there seemed.
Speaker 3: Like there were some romances that had.
Speaker 6: Started on set.
Speaker 3: You gotta give it to me what happened, especially that age, right.
Speaker 4: There's so many any of you guys you're also adorable, Tell me there were romance.
Speaker 5: It's the high school thing, like you're gonna be a date that people you go to high school with.
Speaker 6: Right, totally, No, I remember, Yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Don't be afraid to drop names.
Speaker 4: It's okayllege, it's public knowledge.
Speaker 5: I don't think Demi and Joe were together, and then I think they got together later than that, because it was right before we started camp.
Speaker 3: Rok to that they got together and then broke up, which we swooped in. I remember, I remember it was a lot.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there was a lot. I feel like with the International Disney.
Speaker 3: Stars and there was a lot going on. I don't remember names to drop them.
Speaker 5: I feel like I remember us because we were so much older than you got.
Speaker 2: You remember wait, okay, wait, Animal Kingdom, Lodge Hot.
Speaker 4: We were just that we were older, so we were kind of I mean obviously not going to be taking part in anything, but there was it was like watching younger kids and you're just going, oh wow, look at that dynamic across the pool.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: They left you in a hut by yourself.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: I mean we were at a hotel. So it was once you've done filming, we're chilling, hanging out.
Speaker 5: There's probably adults somewhere. I don't know, I know.
Speaker 3: Somewhere on campus.
Speaker 6: Adults.
Speaker 3: I feel like they might have thought we were going to be the adults, but.
Speaker 1: We were like a For the record, this is the first time Sabrina's brought this up. She normally just brings up constantly losing at the Disney.
Speaker 2: Channel games and how will I do not go there?
Speaker 6: The Yellow Team?
Speaker 3: The Yellow Team was ripped from an opportunity.
Speaker 6: You know, hey that does things haunt you for the rest?
Speaker 4: They do?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 6: I was lucky it up.
Speaker 4: To not okay, So, but it started at Camp Rock because this I feel like high school musical. It didn't seem like that, did those characters besides obviously you know, Zach and Vanessa, But other than that, it didn't. It all seemed very friendly. And then Camp Rock crew comes in town and we're like, we were.
Speaker 6: The sexy younger siblings.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's nothing about that sentence that is not disconcerting.
Speaker 3: John. There was a lot of chemistry, a lot of chemistry flying everywhere.
Speaker 6: What can I say?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't remember much, but I do remember the hot tub being a site to It was the under the bleachers equivalent for us.
Speaker 3: I was like, I gotta get out of here. I'm too old.
Speaker 2: Did you date any of your co stars?
Speaker 6: I never did.
Speaker 5: I like, I'm I'm married to an actor now, but I had an aggressive rule as a teenager that I would not date other actors.
Speaker 1: So to spend the rest of your life with one decision of all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the movie comes out, it's a smash hit.
Speaker 1: You're starting to get recognized everywhere, your your life changes obviously, as it does when we hit these kind of things, and then it becomes part of the Disney lexicon. It's just becomes history of this what the channel is doing at the time, which is exploding all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yes, over eight million people.
Speaker 1: Million people for the premiere, by the way, which we want to talk about because apparently was there a huge party in New York for the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh so okay, So before I get to my next question, what was that like?
Speaker 6: Well, that was spectacular.
Speaker 5: I mean again, very wholesome because we're all like fifteen sixteen, but so so fun. So they had it at the zig Field Theater, I believe is what it's called.
Speaker 6: Okay, a movie theater in the city.
Speaker 5: We were all saying again in the same hotel, like you know, doing our like press junket thingy where we just repeat the same sentences over and over for two days straight. And then they when we got to the premiere, the streets were just like lined with fans. It was like the barriers were being like broken down because there was just so many people. They shot down the street. We say in the movie theater, we watch it and then yeah, they had a massive after party nearby the they we had like small wars and all.
Speaker 6: Kinds of things, and it was yeah, it was really it was super cool.
Speaker 2: Really off Disney can do a party. I mean Disney really can do a part.
Speaker 4: And they don't do it for all movies. So let's keep that in mind because not every obviously.
Speaker 2: Not thee didn't get a party.
Speaker 3: No we did not. We got invited to one, but they were all pissed, but you.
Speaker 2: Lost directions like you lost the contest.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, exactly, No, But they really didn't obviously think of how many decoms there were, so you knew you were a part of like a big franchise if they're throwing you a premiere. Otherwise they're just flapping it on the TV and you're gonna, you know, whatever. But the camp Rock one was a big one, you know, and it.
Speaker 5: Was like where the Harry Potter premiere had just happened, So it was like a big time laughter and like, yeah, I remember being very geeked out about that and it was yeah, just super, It was amazing.
Speaker 6: Really, it was very very much they they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they kind of saw saw the I don't know, the gold dust around the project.
Speaker 4: And really did they invite other Disney Channel stars? Do you remember anyone else that was invited?
Speaker 5: Don't remember, but I might have just been in my little like Cambrock bubble totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so many of you guys in the cast that it's like it's just you guys are such a massive group. But I bet, I mean it's like I I know that they a lot of times obviously for the Red carpet stuff they were wanting to get like the Yeah, they probably had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably had some other people just because it'd be good cross cross promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, total, yeah, yeah, yeah, so fun.
Speaker 1: Have you felt this is the question I was going to ask, because you know, again, as the years go by, some of these movies disappear, some of them that we watch neither Sabrina and I have ever heard of before where it's like, oh, okay, we're doing insert weird name here you Lucky Dog with Kirk Cameron, and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, what are we watching?
Speaker 1: So you just have no idea, But then they're the ones that stick. And then at the same time with Disney plus now everything's coming back. Have you felt the resurgence of the d com? Not just Can't Rock but the dcom itself?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: And I think like millennials love nostalgia, so like any excuse for a bit of tripped on memory Lane, and uh, we all we all love it because the world is terrifying, so we need to think of our childhoods.
Speaker 1: Thank God for that too. It's been very good to have the nostalgy they.
Speaker 4: Got for Disney given us some positivity exactly, exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we haven't been asking our guests this, which I'm going to start now.
Speaker 2: This has to be a new tradition. What was your favorite dcom?
Speaker 7: Ever?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, can't you're in?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, tell us, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: I think I don't know that this technically counts as a d com. I so it was aired as a dcom, but it was one of the weird d coms that was like actually produced by an outside company.
Speaker 6: Called studie Q.
Speaker 1: Okay, SUSIEQ is I think our next movie?
Speaker 3: I think it is. Yeah, I think we're doing that next.
Speaker 2: C c Q is literally the next one that we're doing.
Speaker 6: It is so good.
Speaker 3: I've never watched it.
Speaker 6: That's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was obsessed with Susie Q is your favorite? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: So how have we ever done this? Asked our guests. This is a shame on us, playue on both our houses, Sabrina that we that we.
Speaker 2: Have not done this so far?
Speaker 3: Okay, man, what was your family's reaction to this? Was it, oh, you're.
Speaker 4: Going to do this Disney d com and then excited or were they from the beginning going this is going to be huge?
Speaker 5: I mean, my parents were always pretty good at like playing it cool, like it not not, you know, because.
Speaker 6: They know I had been and I started acting professionally at.
Speaker 5: Five, so like by that time, we all knew how fickle it was and yeah, devastating it was to get too invested in anything. So I think they they were like, yeah, we'll see, this is nice.
Speaker 6: This is a nice thing that you're doing. It's cute that you're gonna do it fun.
Speaker 2: You go to college, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the same. And I was looking at him like, I'm not stopping.
Speaker 6: But I think that's healthier.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I had that approach because I you know, I saw the other side of it when the parents were more invested in the kids, and I was glad to have my parents who were just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Cute, Okay, shame oh man. It makes it such difference. Not having the stage parents makes a big difference.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, because people all the time will be like, wow, you're pretty normal for a child actor.
Speaker 4: I'm like my parents exactly, oh man, because you there was a different there. I mean, there is a big difference when you find kids that it sometimes almost feels like the parents want it more than them.
Speaker 3: They're a.
Speaker 2: Lot of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're fighting it. They they like it, but they're not. It's not really there like dream. Yeah, and you see it and you can tell the difference, you know.
Speaker 6: And totally totally.
Speaker 1: I always tell people I was an actor as a child. I wasn't a child actor.
Speaker 6: Oh I like that, and I know that.
Speaker 1: It's it seems it's a matter of semantics, but it's true. I mean, there's two very different things, and we've all worked with with people from both camps and they're they're very different people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that's a really good way to describe it, because it is. Yeah, it's I So I felt I felt lucky that my parents, like they were excited, but not overly excited. My siblings didn't care at all. I like, I'm an older sister.
Speaker 6: An older brother, and a younger brother who was too young to really know it all. But then but yeah, my family is nobody else is in the industry, so like they all kind.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, very similar. Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we talked a little bit about your personal life, but I have to ask one thing because you have moved to my wife and my favorite place in the world where we're hoping to eventually move as well, which is and I'm pronouncing it correctly, London, England.
Speaker 2: That's how I like to say.
Speaker 6: I think that's how you pronounce it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was what was the move?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What what's it like living in a foreign country?
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 5: I've lived here for almost nine years.
Speaker 6: Wow, yeah a long time now.
Speaker 5: I came here and I went to drama school, which also people think is really weird because they're like, you were already a professional actor, but the imposter syndrome got to me and I was like, I'm not a real.
Speaker 2: Actor though, and I can't even do it in the States. I got to be a real actor in London, where I really need to be a real actor.
Speaker 5: I have to roll around on the floor while someone shouts Shakespeare at me, and that.
Speaker 2: I'll be ever to hear Doth. I need to hear Doth quite a bit, right, I won't be doing it right.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, I came here. I went to drama school here and met my husband who's English, and yeah.
Speaker 5: Stuck around. I I really I love it here. I mean it's very, very, very different like, I basically only do theater. Now.
Speaker 6: I've done like a bit of film work here and there.
Speaker 2: But but I mainly.
Speaker 6: Do theater, which I love. It's like my first love.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I feel really I feel really lucky to kind of get to almost live another life kind of.
Speaker 6: I feel like I love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you also you've done a lot with my first love, which is voiceover. Oh yeah, what did you How did you feel about doing the vo work side?
Speaker 5: I love it, Yeah, And that's actually a great gig here.
Speaker 6: This is like now just career tips. It's a great gig here because they.
Speaker 5: Want American voices, and they want American voices, so.
Speaker 6: So I get to do a lot here and I really love it.
Speaker 5: I mean I get I get my my husband, who like can't get a voiceover job to save his life because he's a brit and he sounds like everyone else here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, like he's always made.
Speaker 5: He always like gets mad at me because I get frustrated by it, because I feel it's really lonely, like you're just by yourself, and especially post COVID, like everything's from home, which is great and convenient, but also like I want the camaraderie.
Speaker 2: Yeahs I missed recording with the cast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's but it's still it's still really fun.
Speaker 5: And I yeah, I've been lucky to do a lot of like random video games. I don't really play video games, so people are always like what games, and I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: That will probably say I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh good time.
Speaker 5: Lots of death, screams, shouting, fighting, maybe until done. Yeah. That was when I was still living in la which was amazing because that was facial capture and we all did it together, like the entire cast was in a warehouse together, which was amazing. And I did a motion capture job in Sweden last year that was also great because it was like with the cast members.
Speaker 1: That's another reason to move to Europe is always what you were just talking about is because all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: You're the one with the sexy accent exactly right, like all.
Speaker 3: That to here, because that's just not how it's about.
Speaker 1: Every you see somebody somebody comes here with a British accent, You're like, oh, that's amazing. There you're just you're just another British person. You're there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they want they want the American accents, wow, or if they don't, I'm gonna make them.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love it by the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, all right, we're pulling it back to Camp Rock. I got another question.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, got it?
Speaker 3: We okay, say say Disney decided we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna remake Camp Rock. What do you think Tessa is doing in two went twenty four?
Speaker 1: Oh god, other than framing a group of people for massive burglaries.
Speaker 2: Apparently, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know the test would be up to anything good to be honest, right, I kind of fear for time.
Speaker 4: Do you think she comes back as a stage mom?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a massive stage.
Speaker 6: Make a really horrible like.
Speaker 3: A horrible one like that doesn't let their daughter.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would have learned from what her mother did and become a great mom.
Speaker 3: No, I don't feel like she learned her lesson.
Speaker 6: She didn't go to therapy.
Speaker 3: She did, she didn't work it out with a therapist.
Speaker 1: She also, in all fairness, this was one of the problems I had with camp Brock and I had a few We're honest when we watch our movies, and again, I try to watch it as if I was thirteen, but sometimes that's very difficult to do. So one of the problems I had is for tests, there were actually no ramifications for anything that she did nothing.
Speaker 4: No, she literally said nothing, And I told him the truth that you did not steal.
Speaker 3: Have a great summer.
Speaker 4: She's literally like, I just fessed up, and that's a great summer.
Speaker 6: Like her Again, it's very confusing.
Speaker 1: Really nice of her to say that we didn't perform grand larceny.
Speaker 2: Really sweet of her.
Speaker 5: Man, But just wait till you get to the second one. Maybe that'll help make it.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Okay, all right, don't give it away.
Speaker 4: All right, I have not seen the second one, so I'm super stoked when.
Speaker 3: We get to our sequels.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. Sabrina loved Camp Rock so much. She actually thought it was teen Beach Party.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: So we watched teen Beach for the first time I had, and I honestly was so disappointed.
Speaker 3: Was it took me so long?
Speaker 1: She came into the recording, She's like, I thought you were gonna be with my job bros, Like we just happened.
Speaker 6: So funny, so irritated.
Speaker 4: I mean, it took me so long to like it wasn't until the second because we watched movies twice, and it wasn't until I was watching it like through the second time that I just allowed myself to stop caring so much.
Speaker 2: Thank god you said that. I thought you were gonna say.
Speaker 1: It wasn't until your second time through that you realized it wasn't camp Rock.
Speaker 3: No, I was just like to let it go to release my irritation.
Speaker 6: The facial blindness.
Speaker 4: Seriously, we've got to ask because it's now sorting through TikTok.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm going to talk about. We got it the shoulder the shoulder move you.
Speaker 6: Look at.
Speaker 2: That's a TikTok thing?
Speaker 3: Why at that?
Speaker 6: Look at it? Like bizarly famous like that. People would shout at me on the street, like do the shoulder moves.
Speaker 4: It's a video of you that one of our producers actually was the interview and she got you to do the shoulder move and then there was like a cute little something you were talking through it.
Speaker 3: It was so cute.
Speaker 7: They don't all go to get high, Megan, This is Lisa. Yeah, No, they didn't go together. I just made her do them all back to bath.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, oh.
Speaker 7: Yes, it was the whatever major Loser from Camp Rock, then the Shoulder Dance by Camp Rock, and then her intro from video Girl Okay got it okay, like a swoop.
Speaker 6: Of all of its Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: If there was TikTok back then, we would have had it crushed.
Speaker 6: We would have.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I know what TikTok is, so I'm very happy about that. But apparently so this year's the shoulder moved from the became a TikTok thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's trending right now. It's trending like.
Speaker 6: Big everyone does that.
Speaker 5: And there's a weird rumor everyone thinks I dislocated my shoulder making the movie, which is not true.
Speaker 6: I did not dislokay my shoulder.
Speaker 5: I just was a fifteen year old with a weird, bony body.
Speaker 6: So it just looks odd.
Speaker 1: I look like I hurt myself, Like my ligaments are just that of a fourteen year old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like someone whose body is not developed.
Speaker 2: Man. Oh that is wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well again, things I knew nothing about, because this whole social media thing is beyond me so.
Speaker 2: Amazing that way.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm so glad that it is coming back because your character was pretty epic.
Speaker 2: I mean I was yelling at the screen, yelling at the screen.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I was here for it. I mean it was so good.
Speaker 2: You were great.
Speaker 1: But man, but we were talking about because we'd watched Descendants, I was like, there there are children of actual Disney villains that were not as mean as.
Speaker 3: You, just weren't afraid to go there.
Speaker 5: I went full Regina George mean girls had just come out, and I was like, from Regina George, is that.
Speaker 2: What you did?
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 2: Did you actually take that from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do you not end on that? That was the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's so.
Speaker 4: Good because you nailed it, girl, Yeah nailed it.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for joining us, for taking the time at three o'clock in the morning in London right now. Yes, this is so cool and where I hope you don't mind, but we will be calling again for Camp Rock now that we know where to find you.
Speaker 2: You were going to get knocks on the doors going Camp Rock two. We need you to come back and.
Speaker 6: Talk about it's a very different story for Camp Rock two.
Speaker 5: So I'm just saying I'll meet Little Seed, not literally plot story.
Speaker 6: I mean the making of very different.
Speaker 3: Well, because you guys were older by that time.
Speaker 1: It now Sabrina, we're gonna hold on to this will Obviously they were older.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it. I think they shot it immediately.
Speaker 6: Shot it immediately.
Speaker 4: They should have probably to save them some money, should have shot it right away, exactly.
Speaker 1: Shoot a spent and a sventure are two back to back. So Jim Perry still cost nine dollars to get.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, congratulations on your London life. It sounds amazing. Thank you very and we.
Speaker 1: Will talk to you for Camp Rock two because now I can't wait to hear those stories.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, I like you. Bye.
Speaker 4: She's awful, Yeah, the worst, hardest interview of our life.
Speaker 1: But again it also shows how good an actor she is, because she's so horrible in those movies.
Speaker 4: But oh man, how how amazing it would have been to be on that set. It's like so many of them their careers just exploded from that.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're really gonna see the difference between what it was like when they were all up and coming.
Speaker 2: Sure, nobody had a name yet they were just a bunch of fifteen sixteen seventeen year olds thrown in the camp shooting a movie, probably having the greatest time in the world, and some of them blow up. Yeah, and they come back and now I want to hear the other story.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's safe to say too.
Speaker 4: Just you know, the Jonas brothers, they really had an idea of where they wanted to go with their career. I bet you same with with DEMI. I'm not gonna wear that because that's not my vibe, you know what I mean that kind of stuff probably really, I mean because they felt more secure, they're not as little, they're a little bit older, and they've got some success behind them to feel like I've got a voice, you know, And I love to hear that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to hear the stories before I say I love to hear it. I don't love to hear it. I want to hear how cages.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't wait because you know some of it like, hey, I want my own style.
Speaker 1: That's great, totally. I want a bigger trailer than everybody else. That's different, right, Yeah, So it's like I want to I want to see which way that's and I'm not saying that happen.
Speaker 3: I have no idea no, no, no, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: So I knew the Jonas brothers way before this when they were they were in a twelve passer Jervan, there's only two of them, No, there wasn't.
Speaker 3: But you know, they were very much a unit.
Speaker 4: There was no I mean the way they performed and everything, and the way their their dad was their manager, and it was always these three brothers that were together. It never felt like they were pushing Joe or Nick Kevin.
Speaker 3: Ahead of it.
Speaker 4: So it's it's they're a band exactly, and it's interesting to watch and go wow.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it was Joe, it was it was him.
Speaker 4: It wasn't any of them like you would assume watching camp Rock with annow.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that's what I can't wait.
Speaker 1: So all right, well anyway, thank you everybody for joining us for this awesome interview with that terrible, terrible person.
Speaker 6: How nice is she's the sweetest.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us, Megan, it was really really great, and thank you for staying up until three thirty in the morning London time. It wasn't at all, but join us next time where we are going to be watching her favorite movie. Strangely enough, so awesome, and a shame on us for not asking everybody what their favorite TCM is. I don't know how we just came up with that, but now we have to do that for everybody. So we're watching susie Q, so join us. Then, thank you everybody. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye h