Speaker 1: I'm pretty pissed off, and I'm not gonna miss words today.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to keep it I'm gonna try to keep it kosher. I'm gonna try to keep it nice, but.
Speaker 1: There certain things I just don't like, and I'm not gonna hold back. Welcome to this ladies edition to the Steven Asmith Show. Come and let you over the digital areas and YouTube. Of of course, iHeartRadio. Thanks again to all the subscribers and followers support and the show.
Speaker 2: Really really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But I'm so pissed off today I don't even give it. Damn it about telling you about my New York Time's bestselling book. I don't care about telling you about my subscribers right now because of this due Steve Bannon. All you right wingers out there, you know, piss me off. You see, this is the BS that I'm talking about here, right Pay.
Speaker 2: Attention, ladies and gentlemen, pay attention because at least some of y'all, especially.
Speaker 1: On the fringes, you fully you're full of it, and I'm not gonna let this thing go on unspoken. He ain't right, so we gonna call y'all out. I wanna hear that liberal nonsense. You ain't listening to a liberal right now. Don't give a damn what you think. Just because I vote for liberals ninety percent of the time with the presidency. That don't mean I do it with everything else. But under these circumstances, with the kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: That I'm hearing right now, I don't think anybody.
Speaker 1: Should vote for a Republican if this stuff slides. Now, what the hell am I talking about? Let me tell you right now as we get started with the show today were politics and some headlines made my mister Steve Bannon himself, remember former chief strategist for President Donald Trump, mister Bright Bart News himself, that's Steve Bennt.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Guess what, y'all.
Speaker 1: He appeared on Chris Cuomo show on News Nation on Tuesday night and said in no uncertain terms that he plans to support a push.
Speaker 2: For a third term for President Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Take a listen, please, and my firm believer that President Trump will run and win again in twenty twenty eight. So I've already endorsed President Trump. Well, a man like this comes along once every century. If we're lucky, we've got him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He's on fire, and I'm a huge supporter. Want to see him again in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: You know he's term limited. How do you think he gets another turn? We're working on. I think we'll have I think we'll have a couple of alternatives. Let's say that.
Speaker 4: We'll see, we'll see what the definition, we'll say the definition m We'll say what the definition of term limit is?
Speaker 2: What the are you smiling about, Steve Bennon? That's BS, that's BS.
Speaker 1: Seriously, somebody needs to tell you you got that wicked ass smile on your face. So is that funny to circumvent the Constitution?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that funny to alter and circumvent the twenty second Amendment?
Speaker 2: I thought you were conservative.
Speaker 1: I thought it was about the constitution, constituence, Constitution. Okay, if anybody was against the Constitution or should be against the Constitution, this should be black people. Remember the Constitution had us as three fifths of a man.
Speaker 2: Remember that if anybody you want to go against the Constitution should be us. What the hell are you doing talking about it?
Speaker 1: For this is unbelievable, the hypocrisy of some of y'all. It makes no sense whatsoever. You don't have you don't have a right to talk about the left when you spewing that BS right there, that's straight BS.
Speaker 2: That's straight BS. Before I go further, though, let me dill it.
Speaker 1: Back just the second, because as I get into my diatribe over that book that came out of his mouth on national television last night, I came on the show in the immediate aftermath of his appearance with Chris Cuomo.
Speaker 2: It was me and Bill O'Reilly together, and I took issue with Bill O'Reilly.
Speaker 1: Too, and rather than tell you why, I'm gonna show you, why play this clip of Billy Bill O'Reilly talking, please, And then followed up with me play that on NewsNation with Chris Cloma please.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's a fantasy, and I don't really consider those kinds of things. It's not going to happen, Never will happen. It's not worth my time or your time. Donald Trump will serve out a second term, hopefully he'll be successful, and then JD. Vans will run from president in twenty eight unless something happens.
Speaker 1: Respectfully, Bill Rally, it doesn't matter whether it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: It matters that people on the.
Speaker 1: Right who preached for decades upon decades about following the Constitution, suddenly come on national television and say, there's nothing wrong with circunvining it. That's the issue. The twenty second Amendment says it, okay. It explicitly states in the Constitution that for the presidency there will be a two term limit.
Speaker 2: No person sell serve more than two terms. They know this now. These are the.
Speaker 1: Same people that spent decades upon decades telling us the Constitution, Constitution, the Constitution.
Speaker 2: We want to follow the Constitution. But now that.
Speaker 1: They've got a guy in office that they swear by, suddenly the rules don't apply.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: And it's less than twenty four hours later, or more than twelve hours later, and I stand by that statement. Suddenly you don't give a damn. You see, this is why y'all are full of it. And I'm not talking about the right or the left. I'm talking about pundits. I'm talking about politicians. I'm talking about anyone entrenched within the fabric of our political apparatus that exists today. You know why, because you don't care about politics, you don't care about governing. What you care about is getting what the hell you want. Come hell of high water.
Speaker 2: Which would be fun if you didn't accuse.
Speaker 1: And denigrate the other side for doing the shit that you're doing. That's what you did, Steve Bannon. That's what you did. Now, let me tell you something, right now, I got a team here, got producers, researchers, all that other stuff. One of my producers made sure to send to me. Don't forget this man pled guilty in the.
Speaker 2: Border wall fraud case.
Speaker 1: Okay, Steve Banner pleaded guilty this past Tuesday to defrauding donors to a private effort to build a wall in the US southern border, ending the case the conservative strategist decried as a quote political persecution. Spared from jail as a part of the plea deal, he left court saying he felt like a million bucks.
Speaker 2: Remember that, Steve Benning, because I got more.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just say this, because let me let everybody know who the hell I'm talking to. All Right, I'm talking to a man who was the chief executive in twenty In August of twenty sixteen, you were appointed chief executive of Trump's presidential campaign. You refocus the campaign Stout'm taking off thisse is my own notes by the way okay. You refocus the campaign strategy emphasizing themes of economic nationalism and anti establishment rhetoric, which played a pivotal role obviously in Trump's electoral success.
Speaker 2: You were the White House chief strategist.
Speaker 1: Following the twenty sixteen election, you served as the chief strategist and senior.
Speaker 2: Counsel to the President.
Speaker 1: In your role, you were instrumental in shaping early policies, including controversy travel ban targeting several predominantly Muslim countries.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget that promotion of your populist policies.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget that you advocated for withdrawing from international agreements like the Paris Climate the Cord and promoted a more isolationist foreign policy, aligning with Trump's American First agenda. No crime there. Here's where the crimes supposedly kicked. Then Steve Bannon arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and money laundering and connection with the We Build the Wall fundraising campaign.
Speaker 2: Prosecutors alleged that.
Speaker 1: You and your associates misused funds raised for construction for constructing a US Mexico border wall, diverting them from personal expenses. You plan not guilty to those charges. In the final hours of the presidency, however, Trump issued departed for you, effectively dismissing the federal charges related to the We Build the Wall campaign. However, presidential parties apply only to federal offenses and do not protect against state level prosecutions. Consequently, in September of twenty twenty two, your face state charges in New York for involvement and the same fundraising scheme in February of this year. Last month, you pled guilty to one count of fraud and received a three year conditional discharge, avoiding additional prison time. Okay, Regarding your contempt of Congress charges, these stems from your refusal to comply with subpoena issued by the House Committee investigating January sixth, twenty twenty one capital attack, the capital attack, the riots, the interaction.
Speaker 2: That's what it was, Okay.
Speaker 1: You were convicted on two counts of contempt in July twenty twenty two. You were sentenced to four months in prison in October twenty twenty two. You begin serving that sentence on July first, twenty twenty four. You were released on October twenty ninth of last year.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's it.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you admitted to the fifteen million dollars we build the wall case, you know, the fifteen million dollars in fraud. Why do I bring all of that up because it's necessary, Steve Bennette, I'm not interested in nonviolent people spending time in jail.
Speaker 2: I'm not wishing you in jail.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling you a racist on any other derogatory names. I'm just saying that what you said on National TV, on a Chris Cuomo show, that was bs.
Speaker 2: What the hell is wrong with you Republicans?
Speaker 1: What is this fixation, this cult like a law an addiction to Donald Trump. Jadie Vance is his vice president, clearly capable of running for the presidency in twenty twenty eight. Marco Rubio is nothing to sneeze that as our secretary of State, he's more than qualified and will be more than qualified to run for the presidency of the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Run DeSantis is the governor in Florida. He's another person. Nikki Haley is another person. There's plenty of people to run for the presidency for the right.
Speaker 1: This addiction, this fixation on Trump, has reached to such a degree that you, as a right winger who lives on the Constitution, like so many others on the.
Speaker 2: Right, suddenly gonna open your mouth.
Speaker 1: To say, we're working on it. We're working on circumventing our way around the twenty second Amendment in the United States Constitution. That's what we're doing now. It's explicitly states no president shall serve more than two terms. Explicitly, we're working on it. We're working on it. That's what we're doing. That's what we're doing. I have never been okay with people bringing up authoritarian figures and some of their heinous histories, the Stalins, the Mussolini's, the Hitlers of the world, and others.
Speaker 2: And I'm certainly not gonna do that with Trump now, no.
Speaker 1: Matter how much the left spews it, I think irresponsibly. I might add, but Steve Benner, you did nothing to help dissuade or diminish or quiet those assertions, those venomous assertions towards Donald Trump. When you talk about facilitating a movement and sparking a movement and working on a movement that's gonna get him.
Speaker 2: To get a third term, it's wrong.
Speaker 1: Then you want to bring up FDR, you want to bring up what happened with him and how the aftermath of him only then was the twenty second Amendment put in a place where you explicitly being limited to two terms as a president. So what you're saying is you want to go way back in time? Huh, look up? Way back in time? How far back? Steve Ben? What'd you trying to say? I mean, I'm just asking.
Speaker 2: Educate me. I'm all ears.
Speaker 1: What are you trying to say that you want in this country? Want black folks gone or at least drastically diminished. You want Latinos to go back from whence they came?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What you want? You want women subjugated to lesser roles. What you're trying to say? Because if you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get away with that, what's to stop you with everything else? We know you contributed to Project twenty twenty five. What you're trying to say? What are you trying to say? And see, this is what I get pissed off about. See, to be very very clear, this is why I have no love for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: No love.
Speaker 1: Because you knew cats like him was lurking. And what do you do from a strategy perspective?
Speaker 2: Let me have open borders.
Speaker 1: Let me support that because that'll buffer our voting block. Let me act like a man that's about to turn eighty two can give us four more years when you knew he was declining. Let me talk about how the economy is great when you knew inflation was gonna ravage us.
Speaker 2: Let me not prioritize looking strong globally.
Speaker 1: Because we got stuff at home here that we want to facilitate. It wasn't a winning strategy even now. On the left, one of the most popular figures is AOC Alexandria Cassio Cortez. You know what the problem with her is, she'll never get a majority vote because she doesn't galvanize. It's fiery and feisty and knowledgeable and articulate, and she is.
Speaker 2: She doesn't galvanize. She polarizes. We have no one in the Democratic Party that galvanizes.
Speaker 1: That's a voice that resonates. I'm not talking about governors like Josh Shapiro and Westmore. I'm rooting for guys like them. I'm talking about national figures in the House of Congress or in the Senate. We got Chuck Schumer on the view getting called to the carpet treated like a punk instead of a senator. Damn, they're helpless to do anything about it. Why because the world that we know it is disintegrating before our very eyes, because your sorry asses on the left prioritize the wrong thing that didn't mean a damn thing to the rest of us.
Speaker 2: You forget about black people, you took us.
Speaker 1: For granted, You forgot about Latinos, you took them in the country for granted.
Speaker 2: It wasn't enough for the people that were here.
Speaker 1: Y'all open the borders, and you got somebody like Steve Bannon being in a position where he can go on national television with a straight face, smiling and cheesing like he taking photos at a red carpet event, instead of being on a news program like News Nation talking about circumventing the damn Constitution just so Trump could get a third term. Where the Republicans at, where y'all at, y'all gonna go for this? I thought y'all were about the constitution, My man, Sean Handy, what's up? What's up? You cool with them saying that I don't care what Bill O'Reilly said about Oh it's not going to happen. That's not the point. The point is most of the American people don't know whether it's gonna happen or not, and it's scares the living hell out of them.
Speaker 2: And y'all don't mind.
Speaker 1: The stress that you caused them in the midterm. Why rhetoric this it's allowed to disseminate to the masses. Excuse my language, that's up?
Speaker 2: That ain't right?
Speaker 1: And Steve Benning if the president is so big time and he's all of this and that, as the pastor has said, many pastors have said on many occasions, there's no success without a successor how come y'all can't find a success with Steve Benning? Hell, the only person that head of you in some of the polls on the right is JD.
Speaker 2: Vance. Why don't you run? Then?
Speaker 1: Why don't you run? What's wrong with Rubio? What's wrong with Vance? What's wrong with Christy? What's wrong with DeSantis? What's wrong with Haley? What the hell's going on with you?
Speaker 2: And Trump? And some of y'all at Trump?
Speaker 1: That y'all, y'all, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, this man pass gas, y'all call it perfume. He spits in somebody's face, y'all say it's raining where's your heart? Where's your guts? You can't stand up to him.
Speaker 1: You can't sit up there and say, yo, cultivate a successor breed one, make sure.
Speaker 2: There's somebody next in line. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Should be ashamed of yourself, Should be ashamed of yourself. You're not serving this country. You serving him. You ain't serving God, you're serving him. Is it because there's something personally investing in it for you? I'm just wondering, Steve Bannon, there's a highly highly until legiti man. He is not a dummy. He knows what the hell he's talking about. He's forgotten more politics and policy than I know at this particular moment in time. But the more I know, the more trouble people in. You Not only talking, you're not only doing stuff in this country that's rolling backs progress made via civil rights legislation and beyond since the nineteen sixties. Now you're trying to get a dude a third term. Really should be ashamed of yourself. Should be ashamed of yourself.