Speaker 1: I've never done anything. Two one and thirty one days in a row. There's nothing I can think of. Is there anything you can think of that you did?
Speaker 2: Honestly, this is a PG podcast, but uh I no, Yeah, there's nothing. There's nothing. Today we have a very special guest. He's a legendary comedian, actor and playwright. Now isn't that a load of horse? Huge Baltimore fan Lewis Black and studio. We're talking twenty one thirty one. This is the game where cow Ripken broke the record for most consecutive games. Is this deserve the twenty two minute standing out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it's deserved. But I don't want to be there for.
Speaker 3: Who is worse or more insufferable? Boston fans or New York fans?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The Yankees go? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Sub I hate the Yankees. Going back to the track to fan reaches up and touches it.
Speaker 1: You got anything else you want to traumatize me with?
Speaker 2: What's your greatest rant of all time?
Speaker 1: Jennet Jackson's nipple? The nipple Jannet Jackson THRESTC. That's fellos to the entire nation. What would we do? You show a nip? I'm gonna be there to watch the nip. You never saw her nipple?
Speaker 2: Bring us the brask wait by Say.
Speaker 1: The Breast, and they just kept showing it, showing showing it.
Speaker 2: Games with Names is presented by Win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor and is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome to Games with Names. On today's episode, We're talking twenty one thirty one with Lewis Black. Awesome episode. We get into Baltimore's sports, breaking people's hearts, Lewis's life and comedy, and of course we go over nipplegate Janet.
Speaker 3: Our first mention of it on the whole pod. Have you done for me lately?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Is that that's Jane?
Speaker 3: I believe? So that's a deep cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we'll wrap up the show with our top five unbreakable records, debate a lot of good ones. Make sure you check out Games with Names on your YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok at Games with Names, Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Comment on a game you want us to do, and remember always rate and review. Games with Names is brought to you by Win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor, Win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor are the ultimate destinations for sports lovers. Enjoy the sportsbook, play golf, eat at a great restaurant, and stay in luxury accommodations. Sign up for win rewards and redeem for resort credit.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: September sixth, nineteen ninety five, Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland.
Speaker 1: After two thirty games.
Speaker 2: Cal Ripken is on the doorstep of immortality. This is twenty one thirty one Costner. Welcome to Games with Names Today, we have a very special guest, Lewis Black and Studio. He's a legendary comedian, actor and playwright. Loved him and accepted as a kid. His stand up is tragically I Need you streaming now on YouTube. Catch him on the Off the Rails tour in a city near you. Huge Baltimore fan, Baltimore, oriole fan, Welcome to Games with Names. That's Jack, that's Kyler. We got Leah over there. She's a huge Baltimore fan. So welcome to the studio and appreciate you coming.
Speaker 1: Well. This is great. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's as soon as you walked in, you know, I was like Hollywood people. You guys all look great, you just look young always. You could always see an actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this was I'm not Hollywood, and you know, I'm kind of I've reached the wax fruit stage stage at my age.
Speaker 2: Wax fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I really I live in New York. If I was out here, I would I'd probably be I wouldn't you wouldn't you never see me? I just this place freaks me the fuck out.
Speaker 2: It does, and I probably wouldn't see you because even if you live three miles away, it'd be forty five minutes to get to you. So traffic is not easy.
Speaker 1: I love your card, I don't. I stopped driving here, Yeah, I stopped.
Speaker 2: You want to know something crazy, If you want to have a fun night on a Friday, you go up to any rooftop apartment in like the West Hollywood area, and you're guaranteed to see a police chase. You know, you're seeing helicopters. You might see some road stoppages. I swear to god, I see one at least once once a month here.
Speaker 1: Well, the helicopter thing is a constant here, A lot of the thing it is. You can day after day of them tracking something somewhere, you know, I mean, but I literally discovered that I had to stop driving because I would get picked up or be in a car just heading out with friends, and I'd be in the back seat experiencing road rage, and I'm thinking, if I'm not driving, this is not healthy for me to be behind the wheel, and I just scream at cars.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: Somebody would pick me up at the airport to go do something, and I would sit in the back of the car and yelling out the window, where are you going? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I literally felt, there's too many cars. These people are supposed to be at work. Why aren't they at work? I had a lot of questions students I wanted to ask them, No one works here, No, it doesn't appear to be. I was on four or five. Four or five is just like it's rush hour twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's rush hour all the time here, except if you're a you get up before seven o'clock. Like it's crazy. I could get I could leave my house by seven. Rocky, that's my dog, Rocky, by the way, come here over the Rocky go. Yeah, we do this a little differently here.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: No, No one gets up early here. Like I remember, I lived in the city in Boston, and then I would commute to Foxboro, which is like thirty miles, and I'd wake up at like four thirty. I'd leave the house by like four fifty. Wanted to be there by five point fifteen. There'd be a line of traffic there, the traffic in the East Coast. People get up to work in the East Coast out here after nine, then there's traffic.
Speaker 1: Is that right? It's crazy because I haven't been out here. Yeah, well it's it's too much cars.
Speaker 2: It is. So today we're looking at the twenty one thirty one game cal Ripken game California Angels versus the Baltimore Orioles from nineteen ninety five. This is the game where cal Ripken broke the Lou garrick. But this is when he broke the record for most consecutive games. And why do we picked this game?
Speaker 1: We picked this game because I'm an Oriole fan. And going back earlier, if we went back to really kind of where I started, the Brooks Robinson thing, happy you know that team bro Weaver, here's the coach at that time. This was I think a better sweet spot for folks to remember. Yeah, you start to get back there and we lose the third of our audience, wouldn't they they played baseball then, Yes, that's when they actually played baseball. Yeah, they actually Yeah, and people lived in the town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is home run Derby. Now they same baseball. You never see a bun or a walk. It's crazy. Rocky, can you go? Can someone take Rocky?
Speaker 1: What kind of a dog is that?
Speaker 2: That's an Australian Labradoodle. Wow. Yeah, So I wanted to get a Golden Retriever. Yeah, but I have nightmares because I had a Golden Retriever growing up, and my responsibility as a child was a to pick up his huge turds and b to keep the hair out of the house and hair out of the house. The dog's been dead for fifteen years and there's still hair in the house. So I got I went and I started looking at hypoallergenic dogs that don't shed. This has Retriever in it, lab in it. He also has a cocker Spaniel, water spaniel and poodle. That's the reason he doesn't shed. So I got a little Rocky. My little girl, Lily loves him.
Speaker 1: So it's a beautiful dog.
Speaker 2: He is. But he's just he's starting to choose stuff. He's getting crazy.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you. But the other reason I kind of picked this game was just because I've never done anything two thousand and one and thirty one days in a row ever. Honestly, I mean not even eat breakfast every day. There's nothing I can think of. Is there anything you can think of that you did? We're every every two thousand and thirty one. That's a lot of games.
Speaker 2: This is a PG podcast. But yeah, there's nothing. There's nothing. There's nothing.
Speaker 1: The contest, the Streek Really what you're gonna tell me two thousand thirty Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't know you're talking to wow.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, that would have rather discuss that.
Speaker 2: Yeahs all about cal Ripkin, Lolly Pippen, Lou Garrick and Lou Garrett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Wally Pip that was talking about screwed to come in after that and after the speech. You know you can't follow that.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 2: That says a huge thing that everyone always brings up with me. Because Belichick asked, Welker, have you heard of Wally Pip? And it's always like a meme going around on the internet about about me when I returned a touchdown and it was so we always try to bring that in. Somehow we snuck it in there with Louke Eric and on this thing you got to tell us about tell us about your sports fandom in Baltimore. How'd that grow? Like? You were born in Maryland.
Speaker 1: Here's how let's hear. I'll tell you this. So I'm from Maryland, but I'm close to DC and closer to that's you know the ballpark. Yeah, it was a Griffith Stadium back then, and then that went away. I don't even remember the name of the other stadium they came up with. But I was a Senator fan and initially a Dodger fan. Okay, the Brooklyn Dodgers. My family would go there and and I was and I kind of like cooked when that was. I was really like four or five, and I started getting into them. Then of course, what do they do. They screw me by moving out here. Okay, hey, well, leaven take your childhood dreams. Let me just shit on them. And so then I go to the Washington Senators, who are now playing downtown. They start to get good, and they got Harmon, Killerbrew, Bobby Allison. They're getting good. And what do they do. They moved, They moved to Minnesota, Minnesota, So they do that. That really okay, and then they're gone. So I start to pay attention to Baltimore, which is close by. And that's how old are you?
Speaker 2: And that's when this is all going down.
Speaker 1: That was early on, so I must have been probably ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen. Yeah, And that's another It wasn't a hard that was more like, okay, this is really a bit. This sports thing is a business. You know, you don't need to leave and learn that at that age. So they go away and I get into you know, the Orioles, who at that time start to have Earl Weavers. The manager, he's phenomenal. They've got you know, Jim Palmer is pitching all of these you know, you've got this Stu Miller's pitching. They had for twenty game winners. They were just a great team to follow, Yeah, and so I kind of started following. Then then Washington brings a team back, and they got another one come in and okay, we'll root for them. Let's root for them again. And within three years they're gone. Yeah, they already They're like they go to Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arrangers.
Speaker 1: And so once that happened, it was that was it. It was Baltimore.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like the good Luck Chuck of franchise is going to somewhere new.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And then what they did too, which is solidified my fandom for Baltimore's they bring in another They bringing a third time in the history of sports, within a like a fifty year span, three teams come to your town. Now they switch from the American League to the National League.
Speaker 2: Come on, I mean, it's erroneous. I don't know if you could use that word there, but I just feel like I need to bring up my vocabulary when I'm around you, because you're a funny guy.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, that's okay, And don't throw up words that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Were you a Baltimore Colts fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they screwed me there too.
Speaker 2: You're getting screwed left right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I was a Colts fan. I was, and that's what sent me back to Washington because the Colts cover a night. They take them away in Mayflower trucks.
Speaker 2: So you're an our words fan back then you went to the Baltimore Colts to our words. Yeah, and then now they're the Commanders, but they might go back to the No they're not going back or not. I heard there's a petition.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's a petition with good luck with that, okay, and the commanders is that name is going to go too, that's gotta go, let's go. And then there was a group it.
Speaker 2: Was honestly a great great football team. Was a great team name, Yeah, especially with an old school color combination that the.
Speaker 1: Red or the maroon.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you came. I'm sorry, we'll blank that out. Yeah, the Washington football team sounded that was kind of cool to me.
Speaker 1: That is what they should have called him. That was the name they should have.
Speaker 2: Hogs.
Speaker 1: No, fuck the hogs? Can we say that?
Speaker 2: I don't know you could say fuck anything here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't know because then they do some of it's on the radio and then they tell you.
Speaker 2: This is podcast, it's live on YouTube. We are just uncensored. You could pull out anything right now.
Speaker 1: Really well, I don't have anything.
Speaker 2: So I was just saying, like, out of your brain, Oh, out of your brain.
Speaker 1: That made my day. So we'll see at least Dan Snyder's gone.
Speaker 2: This is all new. Yeah, no, the NFL is crazy, man like, look at look at the Chiefs. The Chiefs weren't good. They haven't been good since nineteen sixty before this run. The Patriots were never good until Brady. It's all crapshoot on how you get a quarterback?
Speaker 1: And can I ask you a question? Yeah, ask me a question because the thing that I'm you know, now, I do fantasy football, you know. Yeah, I have three teams because I need as much distraction as I can from reality. So I have three teams.
Speaker 2: Video games you just try video games.
Speaker 1: Don't do those. I'm not dexterity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough. I grew up on three three buttons. Yeah, now these like fifty buttons. I'm getting my ass beat by a fucking ten year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well mine, you know, think about it. My generation was Pong, which is like dank. Yeah, dank. Text is not there, there's nothing there just going on.
Speaker 2: I cut you off.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Oh no, no, no, it's it's fine. It's your show. The question the question I had was, so I'm playing this, you know, playing these games, I mean watching these games and have my team. And it's really when you finally doing that realize that the level of injury is going on is staggering, and you don't really before that. I knew it with my team. I knew it with Washington. God he's gone and that's gone, and now we don't have a line. But but you don't get the whole devastation. I mean it is literally and then they and then these now they've had this thing where oh good, here's a good idea. Let's play Monday, Thursday and Sunday. Let's let's try to get people to play with with with five days rest? What planet even?
Speaker 2: I know, why don't we add another couple of games too while we're at it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what the NFL.
Speaker 2: More more games, more money.
Speaker 1: More games women. And it's and they already have money.
Speaker 2: It is I mean, when you play in the National Football League and if you if you're talking about your team before the season, and if and if you ever hear if we stay healthy, we'll be like you're already wrong because it's one hundred percent injury rate. It doesn't matter, you know, it doesn't matter if you don't play or if you're playing. Every guy starts at at about one hundred percent. By week four they're already probably eighty percent just from bangs and bruises, God forbid any big you know injuries, which you know with the plane surface that they're on nowadays.
Speaker 1: And well, that's the thing that was the question I had.
Speaker 2: Is I hated the playing surfaces.
Speaker 1: That's what I wondered, because I when the first time I walked on to I didn't know. It was years and years ago in Seattle at the at the whatever, the Kingdom, whatever the hell it was, and it was that it was they were you were guys who were playing on concrete out there.
Speaker 2: It's changed up, it's changed up. They have the artificial turf.
Speaker 1: Now, right, which isn't that above concrete.
Speaker 2: It is above concrete, and they do put a rubber layer over it.
Speaker 1: There's not enough rubber in the universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's tough. And that's why a lot of the you know, there's a big thing going on right now between the players and the owners where the players are trying to mandate you know, grass.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't it make sense.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy thing is, you know, when I would play a Gillette, we played on a turf field, an artificial turf field. We would always host these international friendlies to soccer teams or football teams, and they would bring in grass for one night, put it on there because they have a mandate where their players have to play on grass for health reasonings. And then they would take that grass and throw it away and you know, let us go play. So it's crazy. But speaking of how crazy injuries are, it's pretty crazy that cow Ripken twenty one thirty one. Yeah, like that's that's even that's that's insane to me.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, it's really beyond belief.
Speaker 2: Like you we were joking earlier, like have you done anything that long that is like flu?
Speaker 1: You sprang exactly, but I mean flu. I mean any Look what I called covide.
Speaker 2: It couldn't happen nowadays. If he would have got COVID, he would have to sit out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if you caught Kevin Costner with your wife.
Speaker 2: Or Kevin Costa. No, that's what you know what you do, Jack, You cancel the game.
Speaker 1: Turn the lights off.
Speaker 2: You turn the lights off, it's really you turn the lights off.
Speaker 3: I want that urban legend to be true. I want it to be true.
Speaker 1: I really hope it's true. And I don't know why anybody would sleep with Kevin Costner, And you can quote me on that. You know, well, I mean, you know, no, I don't want to sleep with him, you do.
Speaker 2: Nah, But he's a pretty cool guy. If I was a girl, maybe.
Speaker 1: Well maybe I don't know, he said, I don't know. He was supposed to come to a show that I did and then didn't show ups.
Speaker 2: So then I would never sleep with him. I would never We got a segment where we go back in the day of September twenty, the day that where the game takes place, and we talk about pop culture things this game.
Speaker 1: That's when the macarena came out.
Speaker 2: Makarna No. September sixth, nineteen ninety five. Makarina came out? Good God, can you do the mockerena?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't even want to think. No, it's in my head.
Speaker 2: You remember everybodys we have Austin powers. Remember they were yet made fun of it? Yeah, Apollo thirteen was the number one movie. Good, great movie. How crazy use it? Though? Like after I watched that movie, that's like the absolute best scenario that could ever have, Like those people could have been gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has anyone been.
Speaker 2: Lost in space?
Speaker 1: No, not to my knowledge, No, No, just in the TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that'd be a weird way to go. Imagine what if you had like oxygen, if you were just floating around you get sucked out of your thing, but you somehow had your your your suit on and you had like a year of oxygen and you're just floating. If you had a couple of power bars that you could last out there, it was.
Speaker 1: This is this is the you are my LEAs psychotic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not the first one to tell me that you won't be the line?
Speaker 1: Did I say that? It was a comple of But that's the sad part, actually I do. Actually, you're out there with a couple You're out there with the years play of oxygen and a couple of power a.
Speaker 2: Couple of bars. So you're getting at least you're getting at least maybe two or a month somewhere.
Speaker 3: Neil deGrasse Tyson's pulling his hair out right now, isn't to that?
Speaker 2: Around this time September third, eBay was found in Jesus.
Speaker 1: I've never bought anything an e Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh. When this first came out, Lewis I went in to my parents' fucking like closet and I would just start taking pictures of everything, and I would just try to sell everything I could. Oh, I was selling everything I could find on eBay that's great or best offer a PlayStation.
Speaker 1: No, if I took a picture of my parents closet to try to sell the stuff, people would have tried to adopt me. They would have said, this is the saddest collection of clothing we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes was born on the seventeenth, while he's young. Oh, in October of this year, this is when Oja was found not guilty.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, that was just an extraordinary moment in time.
Speaker 2: Do you remember where you were at when that chase was going on. I was in like third grade or something. Where was I in fourth grade?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had friends. I mean I don't remember I was at home because I just sat there watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone did. They rolled in a fucking TV to my goddamn classroom and we're like eight years old watching the goddamn police chase.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow. I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: That is crazy? That's really and you're in the but you're in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: That was in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Wow, you thought they'd be a little hip.
Speaker 2: Ja OJ played for the Niners. You know he's from San fran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't. The eight year old doesn't need to see the chase. No, there's a good there's a good lesson. And remember get a front to drive you if you're thinking a murder.
Speaker 2: There's a way to start designated drivers.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, d D.
Speaker 3: It's insane. We have gone twenty something odd episodes with no OJ mentioned. We moved the show to Brentwood. We're talking about OJ every other episode. It's it must be a Brentwood thing.
Speaker 2: It must be a Brentwood thing. The juice, the glove don't fit. You must have quit. Yes, I guess that was a It was just.
Speaker 1: An unbelievable moment in time.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the crazy thing is Lewis. He did endorse me to get in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know why, but it randomly came on like someone had a camera in his face and asked me, asked him about He's like, yeah, he endorsed me.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well that's taking you down a notch and they still like it as a person.
Speaker 2: It's all right, it's all right. At least there's a couple more notches to go down. What was life like in nineteen ninety five for Lewis Black.
Speaker 1: I've been on The Daily Show twenty seven years. So I am just wandering around the country stand up, stand up, doing stand up and clubs. I had been a playwright until I was forty years old. Yeah, and then and about nineteen ninety I was done with playwriting, and now I started to go out on the road as a comic and going to playing clubs around and I was lucky enough that I'd worked enough. I kind of skipped being a middle act. You know, there's the opener of the headliner, of the middle act in the headliner, and I kind of jumped the headliner status, and so I made it. I started to make a living. I made no money.
Speaker 2: How did you transition from playwright to stand up comic?
Speaker 1: Well, I was doing it on the side for kind of fun, for brims, because I always got a kick out of it. Have you ever tried it?
Speaker 2: No? I can't. No, Yeah, I mean't that funny?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're funny?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that's like it's time, Like when I have such a crazy respect because I've kind of Sam Morrel. We we did this podcast last season together. He's a big comic out there, and to watch him over at the cellar all the time. Yeah, and so I've been in that comic community. Those guys are so smart to be able to fucking tell a story, tell a couple of other jokes, keep you dingled with this, and then bring it back to and bring it all together, to bring the other the intro back into that. I can't do that. That's like writing a fucking paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's but there. But you're you're you are funny. And then everybody there's a lot of people who tried at least once, you know, And I was just wondering because they're but you at least have a respect to people who just go those people go, you know, I could do that. No, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: No, anyone who's at the highest level of anything they do, they're not there by mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's really it's good.
Speaker 2: And you and the amount either touched by God or you work your ass off. You know, there's there's there's a couple of different things, but even the touch by God, guys, they still have to work hard to stay there, yeah, because there's there's just so many people are always coming to take jobs, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's truly true, and they but but I ended up. I started doing the road and I made the transitioning part because I'd been doing it on the side for fun. And I ran this room in New York City that was called the Westbank Cafe downstairs theater bar, and it was this restaurant and there was like nineteen eighty three I started running this thing, and so by about nineteen ninety we were rolling along and I was introduced everything that came on the stage and on the side. And then on the weekends we would do a show and I would do stand up, you know, and nobody really and I didn't really worry about it because I'm not a stand up so you kind of get rid of that. But doing the intros, I got really comfortable on stage, and then doing these things on the weekend where I started to develop material, and so then people started to see me, and so I'm wanted to be a playwright. But then they're going, you're really good at this, why don't you come down to catch a rising start. I'm going to come on, No, nope, And so that's what people kind of gravitated toward and really playwriting and stand up. The thing is I was writing for myself, so basically, you know, you get up there, it's like, you know, I was writing plays. So now I'm I'm the performer, I'm a writer, I'm the.
Speaker 2: Director, so you know how to write?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I didn't really provide anything down. I just got up and talk. That's how I'm nuts. I I am.
Speaker 2: But you you can, you can connect those dots and probably being around it, like when you're introing everyone. You're sitting there and you're watching these guys and you're probably you know, like, well he probably could have went here with that because your your your brain thinks like that. You got a big brain.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. But it's there's a garage in there and a couple.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, you can probably put two three cars in that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, a big garage.
Speaker 2: What's the comedy scene like in ninety five were you rolling around to these places? Did you ever come to LA Did you ever go to New York?
Speaker 1: I went to I came out somewhat, but but I never worked. I was at the comedy store yesterday. I never and I didn't perform that yesterday. I just went there. I'd never been in there.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, i'd been there twice, but i'd never performed there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I performed at the Improv when I got out of there, the laugh Factory first. But I went around the country and just went to whatever club that would have me. So I was, you know, wandering from club to club to club. But I wasn't. It wasn't consistent because I wasn't really known. But in New York, I'm working Catch, a rizing star. I'm working the impro well not the improvate left, but I'm working Catch, I'm working Carolines, I'm working Danger Fields. Did you go to Danger Fields? It's really Yeah, it's really fascinating. Guys dressed up in touches. It's like a mob joint and it looks because the guys are in touches and they're serving and they have these little red lights on the table and you could flick them and then somebody'd come over and serve food and I'd be on stage. There was so great. It was so insane. And never met Rodney. I was, you know, and you'd get on stage and the waiter would come literally and stand in front of you, like five feet away, and so, what do you want talking to the to the table And I'm standing there in the middle of my act. I And it teaches you a lot because instead of getting upset, I would just I would start laughing. I just went there was a piano behind me, and I put my head down and laughed like until he was done. And then I'd come back to the audience and I said that was fun, and then I'd go back on. But you'd learn these things.
Speaker 2: From club to club.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I did the comedy. I did the cellar. Yeah, and I had to lead the cellar because the seller was it was like a squash court this way, and the back of the room was like seventy five eighty feet away, ninety one hundred feet it's and I'm screaming like a lunatic. So that my act then was just totally bellowing. Shit. You know, I have hot and that would be what I do for you know, like twenty straight minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're doing.
Speaker 1: It and it's it's eighty feet away, it's like they can't handle that. It's too much. It's so I could never really, It was never really. I've always felt that if I could have stood at this end of the room and talk that way, I had a shot in that room.
Speaker 2: But I pitched levels are a little weird.
Speaker 1: I just said, I can't do.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of Seattle Seahawks in their stadium. The pitch levels make it really loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, see, you know, I can.
Speaker 2: Only imagine if you were to go there, you'd have we'd have to pitch you at our right angle, so you could hit that whole thing, and it probably sounded insanely loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a rant, it would be great.
Speaker 2: Who who?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Was like a comedian when you first started that was like rolling around that you kind of looked up to.
Speaker 1: George Carlin, yeah prior Uh. I really liked Letning Bruce but he was gone. Yeah. I like uh, Lily Tomlin. I liked you know, some of you know people don't Phyllis Diller, who was just as wacky as they came. She was just great. I like I liked the Bob Newhart. There was a whole slew of them, and they all and I watched every edge Sullivan used to have comics school. Yeah, and so every week I watched and they were all different and all unique, and they all seem to be, you know, making a living, and I just kind of watched them. I just was fascinated by the fact that somebody could get up there and say I'm gonna make you laugh. And it took me a long time to get comfortable with that because it seems there's a certain amount of arrogance to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you do you watch comedy now at all? Do you watch these stand up because.
Speaker 1: It's I watched some comedy, but it's it's hard to watch people that I think are gonna do stuff that I'm thinking about because I don't want to. It'll just go into my brain and it'll sit there, and then all of a sudden, I find myself I might be saying something that somebody else said. So I kind of avoid it for a time until it's kind of the statute of limitations. I'm not doing that stuff anymore that I can go watch what the take wash?
Speaker 2: That's interesting. You don't want it because of material, because it's really your head. Yeah, and then you'll you'll naturally subconsciously, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it just goes in, you know, and and my come out and you don't. You don't want to deal with that, you know, Oh he stole this, No, I didn't. And it was also because I want to think about it, and sometimes which just drives you nuts. You kind of watch somebody and you go, fuck, why didn't I think of that? And so at least this way I could stumble into something that might be a lot.
Speaker 2: Of stolen material out there, just like in nineteen ninety four when the MLB stole our hearts away with the strike. How angry were you with that?
Speaker 1: I was, well, you know, for me, it was probably I remember I wasn't. I was angry at the fact that they've struck, but it also meant that my team wasn't gonna lose, So it was kind of an up kind of an upbeat thing. You know, at least they're not going to screw them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know Baltimore, they wont any when they win.
Speaker 3: Oh it's way three eighty three me double check.
Speaker 1: I think it's eighty three, and I think it's something else. There was another.
Speaker 3: Sixty six and seventy that was it, I believe. So as far as World's World Series goes.
Speaker 1: Wow, as sad as that, ye man, right, yeah, those.
Speaker 3: Are those three.
Speaker 2: The thing is, baseball now is completely different than what you grew up watching. I mean even how they're teaching fundamentals to these baseball players. And I was on like the very early stage of it where they don't talk about takes anymore. It's all about bat speed, upward trajectory, get that thing out. We don't care about how many strikeouts you have. If you've got thirty eight home runs, it's all matters. Baseball has changed. All of sports have really changed because of in America, at least because the American product, the American owner does a good job of feeding their consumer. They want the consumer to be happy. Like you look at sports and you look at soccer. It's been the same fucking game forever. Yeah, and that's why they don't make as much money like I or the owners, you know what I mean. The players make a boat load, but as far as when you look at like I remember, I was talking to this international soccer player. He's got a legend. He was Manchester United, Peter Schmichael, insane goalkeeper, and he was so fascinated about our stadiums. How you could have any kind of food you want, You have any be like you go to a soccer game, No one's moving around anywhere. Everyone's watching there. He was insanely fascinated with the jumbotrons. You get instant replayed, so you're making the consumer happy, you know what I mean, that's what America does. Yeah, it's capitalism, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And now it just.
Speaker 2: Flew over that pitch count. We're in or out.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. Yeah, I mean I think they had to do something because then they were It was almost as if, come on, guys.
Speaker 2: It's only good for TV because when you're at the ballpark now, like fourth inning, about eight beers deep, I want another about fifteen. I want this thing to go to extras. It's a beautiful day. Give me a couple of hot dogs. Eight hour thing, Jackie Whyn't you break down this Baltimore Orioles squad, this historic day.
Speaker 3: Not the most remarkable O's team of all time. This was real. It was Paul Marrow ripping June.
Speaker 1: Do we go through? As you listen, you can go Paul Marrow, Uh steroids. Yeah, bastards And I literally for years, for years afterwards, that was bullshit. REPI hit those hits. Nobody he never did any steroids. Oh yeah, he did, Brady Anderson and we still didn't win. If you're get to cheat, you gotta win. Winds out there should learn a lesson.
Speaker 2: You got it. If you're cheating, you better you better win or it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it's worthless. Amen. Uh.
Speaker 3: Solid pitching staff and this this year led by Mike.
Speaker 1: Who left us future Yankees. Fuck you amen?
Speaker 3: How awful.
Speaker 1: I hate the Yankees, so do I, but you'd Boston right.
Speaker 2: Well, for the last twelve years, thirteen or fifteen years, you know, I've been associated with Boston. It becomes part of you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's really and I you know, and I live in New York in it, and it's all my friends Yankee and they just they're irritating. This was so great this year. Yeah, to be able to shove it in their face. So they're paying Aaron Hicks his salary, the Yankees, Yeah, and he's killing them. We won games with Hicks playing against the Ens and he really I was just that made me as happy as I think as anything in my life. How sad is that?
Speaker 2: It's not that sad, it's a happy thing.
Speaker 1: It's good value.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. It sucks that the Yankees hat looks so cool, because it does look cool. It does look I've never put one on, and I never will because even as a Bay Area kid, I mean, he just you felt the Yankee entitlement from three thousand miles away. Yeah, I'd be watching these I don't know. He always respected Jeter. Everyone loves Jeter. I liked him.
Speaker 1: I know the AD's kind of huh, these ads that he's in, just stop it, you know, stop it.
Speaker 2: You don't want a wagoneer. You don't want a wagoneer. Right now, I feel like you see Jeter with his hot bottle wife, these two beautiful little kids. He owns a baseball team, he's driving a wagoneer going camping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I feel like I want to go camping now. Yeah, right, Yo, give him a call. He tell me what it's like, write me a note. So he but he that thing, the ad where he goes just call me the captain. Yeah, that is just gets under my skin.
Speaker 2: That's because you know he didn't write that.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't, and he shouldn't have said it. I'd just call me and that would be better than than the captain because to me, I liked him. I mean I do. Even as an oriole fan, I still liked him. He was a pleasure to watch. He was a great ballplayer, but nobody in the rest of the country knew him as captain. He's the captain in New York, so zip it. You don't get to tell another state you're the captain. Ludicrous.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Jeter, what's your opinion on Jeffrey mayor.
Speaker 1: Mayor which one is he? I'm not even that was in ninety.
Speaker 3: Six, the kid who reached over the fence and stole the home away in the ALCS the next.
Speaker 2: Year little shit against the Yankees.
Speaker 3: But while we're on the topic of the Alias Lewis, who is worse or more insufferable Boston fans or New York fans?
Speaker 1: New York New York. Okay, I well, Boston once they won, it just started to get to be jackasses. In Baltimore, we still don't even have enough people who've returned to the stadium yet to be asses, because they'd still like shell shocked from the last ten years. They're like, I don't know, I don't know. Can they be winning? Are they really winning?
Speaker 2: Is that the school is the simulation last time on stranded too, the Yankees have left ten men on base, including the bases loaded in the seventh. That's a young teater. That's a very young that's a gift bag Zeter right there in right field. Torrasco going back to the wall.
Speaker 1: And what happens here.
Speaker 2: He contends that a fan reaches up and touches it, but Richie Garcia says, no, it's a home run. Yep, everyone's working for the Yankees.
Speaker 1: That was really once again, I'd forgotten him and you didn't need to bring that back. Okay, you got anything else you want to traumatize me with. Once again, it's just screwed.
Speaker 2: Games with Names is brought to you by my friends at Win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor. Win Las Vegas and on Core Boston Harbor are the ultimate destinations for sports and entertainment fans, from the sports book to gaming restaurants, live music, and more. Whether it's a casual weekend getaway or that special occasion, the sportsbook at Win Las Vegas or Encore Boston Harbor is the place to watch and wager, from straight bets to parlays, teasers, and any prop bet you can dream up. And if you're a golfer, oh, spend a day at the win Las Vegas eighteen Hole Championship golf Course. Looking for an incredible stake with an unbeatable view, try rare at Encore Boston Harbor. Remember, sign up for win rewards and redeem resort credit in Las Vegas and Boston. Enjoy it all in a luxury resort setting with five star accommodations and all the amenities you can dream up. I will see you in Boston or Las Vegas soon. So you get over the Angels, the California Angels, the Angels in the Outfield right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we throw on the bill Buck.
Speaker 1: What a team.
Speaker 2: I love that movie.
Speaker 3: Another mildly unremarkable team. But yeah, the most interesting thing about this team was that it was a year after Angels in the Outfield. Yeah, surprisingly good cast McConaughey, Major and Brody and a young Joseph Gordon Levitt. Who Joseph Gordon Levitt, he was the kid? Yes, Yeah, what a cast.
Speaker 2: That was the signal, right if the Angel was touching them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But this team collapsed down the stretch to nine game losing streaks after the All Star Break had Jim Abbott, that was I have a forgotten Jim Abbot era.
Speaker 1: From Yeah and then nobody and they kind of unbelievable Jim Abbit one hand, what a guy. Yeah, they don't, they don't. You know, he's gone. You know, they talk about all of these you know, we're trying to get those who have disabilities, you know, and you got one of the greatest of all times Jim Abbott, you know, yeah, got that thing he's got with the glove. I mean, the whole thing was nuts. I couldn't even do it with two hands. You could have given me four hands. I couldn't do with jimbit was doing.
Speaker 2: It's pretty impressive. Yeah, what about the guy with the remember the sprinter that with the legs the blades and he murdered his Yeah, yeah, that's I think that's kind of an advantage less leg white thighs.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it was pretty amazing that he could know that off.
Speaker 2: There's you ever who was the comic the comic oh Cat Williams. Cat Williams talked about he had a bit about ting. He called he called him ting Ting.
Speaker 3: The lead up to this game, this was all about the record. Uh, baseball needed like needed something this year. The fans were pissed about the strike players flipping off fans, flans flipping off players. So this was like some good, wholesome let's let's all rally around cal Ripken type. Bill Clinton was at the game. Al Gore was at the game. Demjo, Frank Robinson, Johnny You. I mean this was a star studed game. Everyone was out there. I met a huge hero of mine was Johnny and Ill. Yeah, and I met him black high Tops, unbelieving. I met him at an event.
Speaker 2: So you're a Baltimore Colts fan at that time, at that time, yeah, until Chick got his start there nineteen seventy five, was a special team's assistant.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: I went to Baltimore Colts is Sula Shula coaching.
Speaker 3: Let me look that up.
Speaker 1: I'm so it's appalling my lack of memory when it comes to things, when stuff like my brain just was like, no, it was somebody else, Lewis, because you're an idiot. But I met Johnny you, so I like to call him. It was a fundraiser and at Duke University, and so I performed and he we were afterwards. We were all a bunch of folks like him, athletes and stuff were around, and some others, some celebrities, and but the only one that gave a shit about was Johnny United. And so I was up. I went up to just say hi and to get some wine. And he's in line and he gets a bottle of wine and turns around, and I talked to him for a second, and I go, I have a glass of wine. And he looks at me and goes, do you want to come back here? You want to come back here and get another glass of wine? Then get up again and get another glass wine. Give the man a bottle of wine. Okay, that's what you do. Take the bottle Johnny Unite, he said that to you. No, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Did he have a flat top?
Speaker 1: He did have a flattop that he did have, and he and he handed me that bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: And it's was he a big man?
Speaker 1: He was at that point he was older, he was still big, I mean you know, but his hand was really, you know, like gnarled. I mean he'd broken probably every fringer nine.
Speaker 2: That's not even football, that's that was straight gladiators at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially that that team, that line Art Donovan was on that line, Jesus Art Donahan. That was the gig Art Donovan, the lineman who would go on Johnny Carson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two yards and a cloud of dust.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So my dad, my dad always threw like Johnny Uniteds when we when I was a kid, he loved Johnny Hugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The guarantee. We gotta do the guarantee on the show.
Speaker 2: The guarantee we're getting Joe Namath. I don't know we should I hope so we got we got Lewis for good.
Speaker 3: We Yeah, amen's we need so the.
Speaker 2: Star studied event. Angels lost four to the last five. Baseball needs something detached.
Speaker 1: To yep, and it's better.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is pretty insane that he did. They win the game?
Speaker 3: They did four to two. Yeah, Cal had a homer in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dropped an event. Did they bring him around an a vet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean it was twenty two minute stoppage. They went all out Cal. You know, he was a he was a humble type, like milk toast type cat. He didn't want all this fanfare. But Bobby Bonia and Paul Merraly said, you.
Speaker 2: Like his dad? Do you like his dad? Kyle Ripken Senior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was great. He was good. So it was Billy, you know that at Billy it was a classic family and and Cal Ripken is it was you know, I mean, we weren't winning. You know, he became the constant we're not who we you know, it's basically that was what we were. You know, Okay, he'll get a record. That's one thing.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like how I was Barry Bonds. Yeah, like we weren't all we weren't winning. Yeah. The rally Monkey or the rally Monkey came out with the Angels, which is stupid. Why are they the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?
Speaker 1: Now they don't get that. Is that what they're called?
Speaker 2: That's what their official name is.
Speaker 1: It's too long, it's a paragraph.
Speaker 3: There's two different cities.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it. And they're trying to steal the thunder of LA.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just bizarre. It would be nice if they got a coach and an owner who could help, and they'd be a much better team.
Speaker 2: They would be a very good I mean, they have the best player probably ever to suit up anything. This guy's hitting dingers and throwing out shutouts, Yeah, doubleheaders.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that. Yeah, oh, TONI is the most extraordinary. I mean that's what we all.
Speaker 2: Thought Babe Ruth was like when we when we pitcher Babe Ruth, Like Baby Ruth only pitched for a few years and then he went to hitting, you know, and it's completely different generation.
Speaker 1: But like, still, this is what he was doing was crazy.
Speaker 2: It just sucks. Is he gonna be able to come back from it? The UCLA this is second one though, right.
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate to see that.
Speaker 2: Seems like tires like NASCAR put on a new one. So when Cow breaks the record after five, they give him a twenty two minute standing out, right, Like, are you enjoying that standing o the whole time? Or is that a little long? Like what's our standing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Is this deserved the twenty two minute standing out?
Speaker 1: If you? Yeah, I think it's deserved that. I don't want to be there for it. You know.
Speaker 2: I was just at this Taylor Swift concert. Yeah, with my daughter and her three two little friends on a Wednesday on a school night. We had like a fucking twenty two minute goddamn standy. No, there I'm sitting there like Taylor, we all love you, but can we get this act going now?
Speaker 1: Just before she started or after.
Speaker 2: No, it was like in the middle of it, like the crowd just started going crazy for no reason and she like sat and played it, which she deserved every second of it.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but it's twenty two minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there like we got school tomorrow. They're gonna be cranky.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen a six year old at six o'clock in the morning with a thirty five minute commute?
Speaker 1: No, I've avoided that. Yeah, it was really one of the it's one of my things.
Speaker 2: But Standy knows well.
Speaker 1: The standing oh I got, not just me, but when we did Inside Out we went to it was one of the great things about it. We were in con for the film festival. They show this fucking cartoon and I mean it's a great it's a great animation. But they stood up and it was we had we stood up because they started plotting. It was it was ten to twelve minute standing ovation.
Speaker 2: Like I think that you probably got a little like embarrassment that then, or like, are you like after like five minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was ready for food. Yeah, okay, enough, let's let's eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A couple. Yeah, who's the cow Ripken of the comedy space?
Speaker 1: You know who came close? And this was and this was a tip off for me that I'm not going to do this. I'm flying and I think I'm either in Grand Rapids of Detroit. On the plane is Don Rickles, who's like in his eighties and he's going to go to a show and I'm thinking, you know, and I love him. And on the plane he was spectacular. He kind of knew he knew I was. He turned around and just went after me for like ten minutes. You you schmuck and d D you know. He's kind of giving me all sorts of shit. And I said the stupid thing to him. I go, they're doing a documentary about you, you know, you know, and I said, I just wanted to apologize to you. And this is coming out of my mouth, I know, Oh what am I saying that I'm not going to be able to I was unable to kind of be able to be there. They wanted to shoot me for your documentary and I said, I'm sorry I wasn't able to do and he said, do you think I give a shit? Do you think you were the one who was going to get that documentary of me over the top. What is the matter with you? I said, I'm really sorry. I said, don't be you should really be sorry. This is one of the most and he just went on and on and on. So we get out of the plane. He's with his tour manager. It's just the two of them, and he's going from there. He's going to stay in a motel that night and then get on a plane the next day and fly to Saginaw. And I turned to the comic I was working with John John Bowman at the time, and I said, if I'm made three years old and I'm doing this, shoot me to shoot me, bring me down, bring me down like a like a buffalo. That's that's strayed too far. No, I am not doing this. But he was going and going. And then also you look at George Burns.
Speaker 2: Who's all right, he's cal Ripken, who's his Kevin Costner.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow wow wow. That is That may be the most insane thing anyone has ever said to me. And I consider him for a week, had not come up with an answer. I mean that I'm gonna call it. I'm gonna call you later. I'm gonna put it on a little iPhone thing going. I figured it out, you said it to me, We'll put it on the show. Yeah, this is Kevin Costner. Wow, well did Don Rickles Kevin Costner? Jesus, who would that.
Speaker 2: Be If he's cal Rikan of course, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, if he's cal Ripkens, Kevin Costu would be. I have to be somebody in their seventies. So uh, no idea. But if I think of it, I'll let you know. You'll be the first one I.
Speaker 2: Call perfect perfect?
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 2: Is this the greatest streak in sports history?
Speaker 1: I think my not playing any sports is the greatest streak in sports history. That I could have gone pro in anything and I said no, and the fact that I didn't is really the greatest streak. People talk about it time and again. God if he'd not gone into comedy, who he would have been a great cricket player.
Speaker 2: Cricket actually, I think the third most popular sport in the world.
Speaker 1: You've pulled that out of your ass, Jack. Let me see here. That is really It's.
Speaker 2: Huge in the UK, South Africa and Indie, India. How many people are.
Speaker 1: In Indie India? They love it there.
Speaker 2: Cricket is number two.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh, estimated two point five billion fans.
Speaker 1: Oh, two point five billion.
Speaker 3: You won't even you. You don't even want to know what number three is?
Speaker 1: Three is croquet?
Speaker 2: Close hockey?
Speaker 1: You gotta be kidding me. What's one soccerer?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but shmuck, boy, what's one idiot? Moron? I mean field hockey? When was the last time you said, boy, I can't wait for the Marching Hairs to come to town. And they played such great field hockey.
Speaker 2: And I don't I remember the field hockey team at Kent State.
Speaker 1: Then it was women. Yeah, it was women and it was great to watch. I did go to those.
Speaker 2: I dated one of them. I think, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: I really can't believe. Have you ever watched cricket for how long? I've watched cricket for eight minutes.
Speaker 2: I've never watched cricket. It's it's it's tough, you know, they go way overhand. I saw them. There's like a Disney movie about a cricket player that tried to become a baseball player.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's my Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I read the spark notes, Jack, What do we got on the aftermath?
Speaker 3: Just just to put this streak in a perspective. Real Quick col played with one hundred and fifty different teammates, eight different managers, played both shortstop and third base, spanned from eighty two to ninety eight. Perfect correct one team and for a little bit of a pop culture context on that, the entirety of Seinfeld happened during the streak.
Speaker 1: The entire the entirety of Seinfeld eighty nine to ninety eight.
Speaker 3: He was streaking, He was streaking.
Speaker 1: Did you come up with that?
Speaker 3: I just did a little research before the show.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, did somebody actually write that down or did you figure that out?
Speaker 3: Oh? I just I just kind of did my own math.
Speaker 1: If he figured it out, I'm hiring him away from you.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, okay, then your price, I'm there Lewis.
Speaker 2: He did also, he did have a theory did you go to school because with oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: We were doing our years here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Were you and Larry David in College Park at the same time?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, okay, you're apart when you're the ages were close, and I knew you went for one.
Speaker 1: Year and yeah, but I don't think we were there.
Speaker 3: At the same Okay, that would have been epic, you know. No, Okay, just had a double check.
Speaker 1: Which is too bad. I could have turned my career around. I would have I would have been Seinfeld. I would have watched yea a different Seinfeld. What I'd be. So did you have a fucking bullshit and nonsense and fucking bullshit? You know?
Speaker 2: That would be my Seinfeld No suit for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really?
Speaker 2: How about what is cal ripkens legacy in Baltimore? Like you're a Baltimore guy.
Speaker 1: His legacy is is it's like him, Brooks, Robinson, Johnny United. There's a pantheon of those.
Speaker 2: So is he above Johnny You?
Speaker 1: No, no, he They're all kind of equivalent.
Speaker 2: So that the mount Rushmore is is col.
Speaker 1: Johnny U, Brooks RP. There's another one's the fourth probably I mean, uh, Paul Merrow. Yeah, but maybe I was just going to say maybe Jim Palmer. He was a great pitcher. I mean he's he was another mainstay who was there forever. I mean, I'm also talking about guys which doesn't exist anymore. You did it, right, I mean you played with with those guys forever. Yeah. Staying with the team is unusual at this point, and all of the guys that were that the greats of Baltimore all stayed. Yeah. You know, once you're in Baltimore, why would you want to go anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Baltimore's a cool city, though it is. I love it there.
Speaker 1: Get rowdy, you know, and there's some great places and they and the greatest crab cakes on earth are there.
Speaker 2: If you are the commissioner of the MLB right now, what's one rule you would change or establish?
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 2: Was you off the most?
Speaker 1: That? You know? What bothers me the most is that we're getting stab with the man in second day. We finished the ninth inning. Now we're getting fab with the man at first? No, no, no, did he get this? Second? No? And you pick him because he was the last guy up with the guy who was coming up next? No bullshit, second off you just no, you take you? You play it out, okay, And I don't care if you go twenty two winnings. That's the game. At least keep that part of the game. You have to win by winning. Okay. Yeah, it's one thing in football, all right, where you can Okay, let's bash our heads for another. You know, continue to play no but this, but you know you have enough pitchers, you know, bullshit, bullshit.
Speaker 2: Can't get ct from swinging a bat?
Speaker 1: No, and it's no and you can't, or you can get is tired and it's just ruined. I just think and I look at it. It's like lunas. Don't it just irritates me. What would you change pitch clock? You don't like it? Huh? Wow?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I like the routines of what guys were doing before you to get in. You give them some of this, you stop them a little bit, you come back. No, I'm not ready yet. I'm back. Like there was always a game I used to play sometimes when I was going in the batter's box with the picture. Now I'm back, Hey, ref blue, put my things I want. It was a timidation in fact, now we gotta have time limit on timidation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well because it and also I like going to the games. I want to be longer as our guy was. Eighteen beers, Well you could do that. You could have seven beforehand.
Speaker 2: They stop after the seventh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that drinks seven before you get there. Maybe nine doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel right. I need to I need to feel the sun soaking my beer out of me right while I'm drinking it.
Speaker 1: Wow. The pitch cloud, I like, only because it became too much. Yeah, you know what I mean, Or you could have fucking nomal you know what else. You know what I would say, I'd agree with you if you could only do that. The batter can only do that each batter once, and you can pull at you once. The rest of the time, your pat get in there and shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm going back now, I'm changing my rule. What you gotta be able to take out the catcher? Yes, yeah, I mean that was the coolest thing about baseball. Pete Rose in All Star Game, taken out goddamn catcher. I mean, that's the one time you get to see a hit that her.
Speaker 1: You know, a fight, take out the catcher.
Speaker 2: Remember these take thet broke his ankle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, And I don't want that to happen. But I can't have Rushman get hurt.
Speaker 2: You can't put it. You know. That's what brings the lore of being a major leaguer this. You know this guy you may take on a dude. You're gonna see a little Charlie running down the sideline or down third base and he comes in like slide like nah, I want to see chuck take his head off. Will this streak ever be broken? I don't think so. No, no, shot, not nowadays.
Speaker 1: No, And nobody, And I don't think the way it goes to nobody cares. Yeah, they're not letting pitchers pitch anymore. They stop them at the sixth I mean, none of that. All of that bothers me too, that they're not letting.
Speaker 2: A guy load management. They call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Analytics, analytics, analytics, Yep, it's just about analytics. Guy, the meter went a little too analytic.
Speaker 1: Y Yeah, it did, and it's and it's crazy. And if I'd known that, I would have majored in math.
Speaker 2: Oh you were caring. You you're doing ages right there, you know, a couple of minutes ago, and I was like, he's carrying a couple twoes there. I don't I don't know if you're gonna math major right there? Yeah, you stick to the writing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: So you're known for your your rants. What's what's your greatest rant of all time that you are just so proud of?
Speaker 1: And I don't ask me to remember what it was, but no, I just findable the one. It was one that it took me a while. There's four or five things they did. But when they put uh, Jannet Jackson's breast on the nipple, the nipple, the nipple Caper.
Speaker 2: How what year was that?
Speaker 1: That was j T And I flipped out and so I just and that's what I went off on. Nobody know. It's like, uh, the four four four. It was horrifying. I was literally sitting we were we were in La, sitting in in a friend's house. I was this close to the TV and uh, if not closer, I watched the whole fucking halftime show. You never saw her nipple, okay, And I'm a guy who would look for that immediately. I'm not fooling around. I don't have time. You show a nip, I'm gonna be there to watch the nip. Okay, never saw it. So to me, it was like you're out of your minds. And then and then I literally just went nuts the first time I went on stage, and then it was just taking I was going going. Not only did what really was disturbing was the fact that they kept saying, well, this is horrible, this is just awful. Let's see it again. This was awful. Let's see it again. Can we see that again? Look at that thing. It's disgusting that nipple just appeared out there, and this is not the kind of flick. See it again. And they just kept showing it, showing it, showing it, And so I went off and then eventually carved it all thegether and I loved doing it, and I kept that bit but way too long, probably till two thousand and seven, three years of the nipple bit.
Speaker 2: I like a nice nipple bit.
Speaker 1: It was good. It's good.
Speaker 2: Do you miss anything?
Speaker 3: No, we were pretty pretty clean this episode. The uh, the one the one thing we were looking up during the thing was it was Ted Marchibrodis was Bill Belichick's head coach when he got to start in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Ted Marchibroda. Do you remember him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I thought you were like the history of football and yeah, but he was boss another great one.
Speaker 2: Bay Area football pre my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, yeah, I mean it is nuts.
Speaker 2: Keys are and ship like, but like that's keys our time, right, that's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: That was keys. That's right, keeps Our Stadium.
Speaker 2: I played a high school game there, did you really? Yeah, that's where they used to play like games and ship.
Speaker 1: That must have been fun, so fun.
Speaker 2: Because this is the old looking old time stadium in the city.
Speaker 1: Is it was in the city? Yeah, yeah, I didn't. I never saw that stadium.
Speaker 2: I was. So we name the game? What is this game? Twenty one thirty one? Or the Iron Man Game? What do you think?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What game?
Speaker 2: What name should this this game be?
Speaker 1: Oh? The Iron Man Game?
Speaker 2: Iron Man Game? Perfect? Now we do this thing where we score the game. Is this the greatest game of all time?
Speaker 1: Do I get cash from this to be able to play in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Uh? We can, we can, we can, we got some Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it? Stakes? What are the stakes of this game? Not very high?
Speaker 1: High at all? So what is that?
Speaker 2: Zero out of ten?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Three? Yeah? That sounds about right. The steak is only really the streak?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Star Power? Yeah, I mean Al Gore is there.
Speaker 1: I'll go yeah, you know, and and he's you know right, and he made you know, that was his first climate change move. I'm going to go to the game. I'm not gonna watch it on TV. I'm gonna save electricity. Star Power, I would say seven eight seven point eight seven eight seven eight. Yeah, seven or eight.
Speaker 2: Let's go eight, Well, seven point eight, we'll do seven point.
Speaker 1: Seven point eight. I like that game and two points.
Speaker 2: The game player, this thing you remember that. I mean, it's a baseball game.
Speaker 1: The fact that he hit the homer is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dinger, Yeah, that's huge. In the street game, Lou Garrett was there, Yeah, and or his family was there, right.
Speaker 1: His family was there, I think and the doctor who discovered Lou Gerrig's disease.
Speaker 2: It's important, man.
Speaker 1: So I think it's the homer.
Speaker 2: So what we got one out of ten?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I would say? Probably like a seven. This is your this is your show.
Speaker 1: No, that's all right. I'll take the seven. Seven. I mean yeah, if you hit two omers, I put it at ten. There you go, name the iron Man game?
Speaker 2: What is the score of that name? You're out of ten? That's a pretty good name.
Speaker 1: It's a good name, and it's a solid name. And I give it a nine. Nice. Let's see what our iron Man the Iron fuck fuck Man game would have been a ten?
Speaker 2: Are we talking?
Speaker 1: Next?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 3: Where is it rank? That puts us right in between the Oh? Look at this the manning seven? Where Peyton Manning through seven touchdowns in a week one game and right above the Nuggets Lakers two thousand and nine Western Conference Finals. I don't know. Don't we agree with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, at least where I had of Gilbert Arenas is sixty point game, and it should be ahead of Gilbert Arenas. I think being found was was.
Speaker 3: He the one with a gun and the was Ian Javares Crittington in the locker room.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a duel.
Speaker 1: That's where you need a gun. We were to be called them, and they weren't even called the Bullets anymore. That's another here's a piece of shit. Take a name the Bullets away and call any team the Wizards. Talk about a fruity name. That's fruity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Wizards.
Speaker 1: Is different, different, that's being nice. It's awful. They're not magicians, they're they're I barely have basketball.
Speaker 2: Player Lewis I grew up watching in reading Harry Potter. I love Wizards.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, wow, jesus wow, I really I can't look in your eyes when you say stuff like that.
Speaker 2: His stand up special Tragically I Need You is streaming on YouTube. Got to catch them on off the rails tour at a city near you? Anything else you want to plug?
Speaker 1: I want to plug my Uh, I have a rant cast I read ranch read brands.
Speaker 2: Where do we find this? How do we how do we listen to these rants?
Speaker 1: Well, because it's on wherever, wherever find brands are found. There's uh, you know, like I said, the whole Foods. No, it's uh Apples, I think for Apple, and I know we're on Spotify. Uh but Apple for sure. And but you know what, cut to the chase, Go to Lewis black dot com and you'll find it there.
Speaker 2: That's where everyone here is going to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see them leaping from their seats.
Speaker 2: There's only three of us here. I jumped out, but quick, quicker than fast.
Speaker 1: But that's really the But what's what's fun about that is to be able I do. I talk at the beginning about whatever happened that week, which is always the same. I'm beginning to notice it's always the fucking saying. And I'm supposed to make jokes about the same ship again and again and again. It's exhaust So.
Speaker 2: It's basically like a current event rant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do kind of a current event or what like, I'll talk about us meeting. Yeah, I wish, I wish, and I'll give you a plug.
Speaker 2: I wish it was around when I was a kid, because I probably would have just used it in my World Studies class and on Thursdays and Fridays because we always needed a political event and I would just would have presented you and.
Speaker 1: That'd be good.
Speaker 2: But I do that mister Gregory would have hated me even more.
Speaker 1: But I bet he likes you now maybe, Yeah, I don't think he.
Speaker 2: I don't think he watched sports really yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I read rants to other people. So if you've got something you want to complain about, send me a rant. I'll read it.
Speaker 2: But no I want you to. I don't want you to read it. I want you to rant it.
Speaker 1: Oh I will, don't worry. I literally screamed through most of these.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for doing games with names.
Speaker 1: I'll do and I'm going to come back because I want to win this fucking thing. And that what was ten? Again? Show me that fucking thing, Mavericks versus Heat. I can beat that game?
Speaker 3: Was that's just because Mark Cuban was here. He he he rigged the books out there, he put the scores up oh did he put the score up? Well, he gave everything at ten.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Not fair except gameplay, except game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wow, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think about it, though, it's a it's a it's a smart marketing move. Yeah, because now we're talking about the Mavericks. Yeah, Lewis black Man, everyone's coming here. What's number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna pitch him a couple of things. I know, I told him I never pitch him anything.
Speaker 1: Oh you yeah, Awes, that's a show, thank you. That was fun.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Man, that was an awesome episode. He's a legend, insane.
Speaker 3: Lewis is a beast. So glad to have him.
Speaker 2: You know what, ship you gotta think about it. Guy's been on TV for forty odd years. I mean some of the names he was dropping.
Speaker 3: And didn't start comedy until like forty something. Him and Rodney Dangerfield, Like, that's insane. Pissy hadn't eaten't meet Rodney though. I was waiting for a good Rodney.
Speaker 2: Hey. Yeah, you know, Sam, Sam.
Speaker 3: Did a great Rodney. Bro he had a really good Rodney.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: My wife called me, she said there's nobody home. I went over, there was nobody home. Yeah, Rodney. So Leah has a little gripe. Yeah, she's from She's from Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Our producer, Leah she uh, she thinks it should be twenty one thirty one, not the iron Man Game.
Speaker 3: And she couldn't believe he didn't know Jeffrey Mayer off the top of the head. The little kid, that little kid, I mean, who remembers losers had in one in since eighty three?
Speaker 2: Who's the other guy? Like if it was like if it was like the Buckner guy, or who's Noah what's his name? Uh? The guy from Chicago.
Speaker 4: Bart Man Bart Yeah, the Irony Jewels. If you're saying, who remembers losers wearing your red sox hat is because you just mentioned Bill.
Speaker 2: Buckler there were losers. I don't remember that. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: On the Uh, should we get into our post show segment?
Speaker 2: What's our post show segment? Jack?
Speaker 3: As we talk, we do an episode here. We dedicated this episode to a game that broke a record, iron Man Game. Great record. I thought it was apropos to talk top five most unbeatable records in all of sports. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: You do uh, you're mean to rattle some of these off. I think we can I.
Speaker 2: Well know, Joe Demaggio coming out of the jumping Joe fifty six.
Speaker 1: I think we can come.
Speaker 3: We can come to a top five here, I'm love.
Speaker 2: There's like the black and white footage of him coming out of like the paper sheet.
Speaker 5: Remember that high school football style, and here comes Joe jump bou jo news, old news, real footage, you know, all announce time.
Speaker 2: I got Joe the Bajia okay, through the piper. Well, hey break the record today, folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean legendary. You got uh, Cal Ripkens insane two thousand, dude twenty one thirty one, Boat lay Leo will get mad three hundred something, three hundred something after that though, gret Ski fifty one consecutive games with a point, pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Is that a goal? Or is that just a point?
Speaker 3: I think an assist counsel.
Speaker 2: I know, see that's not I'm not a hockey guy, not men either, But I lived in a fucking hockey town. You did, we both did, and I won championships in that town with the hockey people there.
Speaker 3: Tyler's say, you get hanging out with Sagan.
Speaker 2: Well set Sagan, Jesus, we gotta get him off.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. The story is that guy would.
Speaker 2: Have oh my god, uh, back to consecutive unrepeatable records.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm partial to you know, I'm a hoops guy. Celtics eight straight, fifty eight to sixty six in straight titles. Who's ever gonna do that again?
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 3: I granted the NBA is different nowadays, but yeah, that's different. Eight in a row UCLA.
Speaker 2: I don't want recency bias, so I'm not saying any.
Speaker 3: UCLA men's basketball eighty eight consecutive wins pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: John Wooden Theater, John Wooden Theory Bill fifteen minutes if you're if you're on time, you're late. Fifteen minutes early kids, what a wise pyramidive success wise? Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lewis was thirty minutes early today. Dude, he would have played. He would have been starting point guard for John wood.
Speaker 2: He would have been And he said, that's the biggest streak he's ever heard him never playing anything in athletics.
Speaker 1: Is really a lifetime of no athletics.
Speaker 2: He's still streaking to this day. Globetrotters. They've won two thousand, four hundred and ninety five straight wins over the Washington Generals.
Speaker 3: Impressive, but kind of who's the Washington Generals. That's like the team that they travel with that they just beat up on. So I mean, it's it's it's a scripted record, but still impressive. It's a lot of nights the Generals did beat him.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: I did watch the Harlem glow Trotter. I forgot where I saw it though, Yeah, I saw him once. My dad took me to see him too, Belkarina. It was the what's the song? No? Sounds like more Andy Dick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing Andy Griffith. What the Andy Dick? Why was I doing Mayberry? Jeezy?
Speaker 2: It has like the basketball dribbling, the metal of.
Speaker 3: Lark Lemon, all that swag. What am I? Damn dude, I really did just do Mayberry. Now I'm just thinking about don Knots playing for him. But don Ns was a Globe trugger.
Speaker 2: Tiger Woods one is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't never bene that would never be done again.
Speaker 2: How many years is that? That's a lot of years that I mean. Jerry Rice two hundred and seventy four consecutive games with the catch Jerry Man. He did he play though, like he didn't miss a game or is that how does that work? I mean he had like three careers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're only counting games he played in.
Speaker 2: I remember he was just racking up. I went to a touchdown party, like I think he beat. Like I was on a Pop Warner team and Jerry Rice just beat a touchdown record. I think it was like seventy seven or whatever that was. Was it that I don't want to say. I remember there was hats. I had a hat. I had like a little Jerry Rice guy and the number of and we we were like, huh, that is.
Speaker 3: Some valuable merchant.
Speaker 2: Sounds like I don't think I have it anymore. But uh, we were like the Pop Worner team that had to go out and like Jerry Rice. We brought this Redwood City forty nine er football team to like commemorate you dude, and we're like, yeah, our little like RC Jackets, we meaning Jerry Rice.
Speaker 3: Just just the like the pairing of words touchdown party sounds awesome. I like that combo of words.
Speaker 2: That was good together party. It was a touchy party. Man, it was cool. It was over in like arling game at a hotel and Jerry made an appearance. Yeah, it was his party. Oh, that's so sick they were. It was like an award they were giving them for something. It may have been touchdown. Don't fact check me, but I think there there was a number on a hat that I got with the Jerry Rice guy on it. If anyone out there was at that event and still has that hat, there's probably some like forty year old guy that I was there with when we were both like twelve, Like send the picture over, dude.
Speaker 3: Guarantee eBay eBay, MSRP on that thing is probably at least four hundred bucks plus.
Speaker 2: What what else do we got? We got Wing, got the hurdles, Edwin Moses.
Speaker 3: This was seventy seven to eighty seven, four hundred meter hurdles, didn't lose a race from seventy seven to eighty seven. That's got to make the top five a decade a decade in track and field, man. I know Kyler's very partial. Speaking of records to Marie Ole, muse five goals in five ways. If he's got to explain that, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it, he's on the wall.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Mario mwse five goals in five games.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it from the guy who's from western Massachusetts that supports the Penguins. All right, keep going.
Speaker 4: My parents lived in Pittsburgh, and I like the animal.
Speaker 2: They wait, where were they born?
Speaker 4: Boston area?
Speaker 2: Oh? And then and then they went and had a cup of coffee in Pittsburgh on a date. And you like the animal.
Speaker 4: Penalty animal. They waddle, they wattle, yeah, but Mario, they slide, they slide. Mario le muse five goals in five different ways. So in hockey, you can score a goal in five different ways. Right, So there's even strength five on five. There's penalty kill, so you're down. You're down a man, so it's four on five on your team. There is power play, so it's five to four on you're up. Right, there's also an an empty net goal with the goalie pulled, and then there's also a.
Speaker 2: A penalty shot, so you know a penalty happened.
Speaker 4: So he was able to score the amount of times five goals scored in an NHL game is super rare to begin with, maybe two three times a season, tops uh and then this has never happened and will never happen again. To put in perspective, Brad Marsham did this recently in a season in a season, right, one or two guys a year can do this in a season.
Speaker 2: He did in a game.
Speaker 4: He did it in one singular game. Not only just score five goals, which rarely happens. He scored five goals and.
Speaker 2: Five and he played a long time. He played.
Speaker 4: He had an injury shortened career, but yeah, he was he was around for a while. But it's a lot of it's just opportunity.
Speaker 2: To what how old was he until he retired, like.
Speaker 4: Thirty, So he retired in two thousand because he had some back issues, and then he came back old. He retired in ninety six and came back in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Five years off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he had like hotchkins and foam and he had a bad back and then whatever whatever whatever, But he.
Speaker 2: Took five years up. Was he productive when he came back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a point point a game player and he owned the team at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah or that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this it's probably not even just from the skill level. It's opportunity, Right, there's not many penalties show.
Speaker 2: You're basically saying, that's a lightning type record. It'll never happen again, ever, ever, ever, ever. No, it's getting struck by lightning twice type record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of it's not just skill skills involved, because not a lot of players score five.
Speaker 2: But no, like it's it's kind of like you have to get struck by lightning twice.
Speaker 3: All right, enough sucking off Mary move let's uh, you want to rank these bad boys? That's all about Lance bro seven straight Twitter France wins exactly.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm also a big Twitter France guy. You're touching my two niches. Uh, this will happen because there's been numerous guys who've got five right now with Teddy Pigatta and uh you know its Vinderguard. They're young guys that could win maybe in a row. A row is tough, but like I suspect there'll be a guy who wins seven tours in the future.
Speaker 2: That was pretty crazy. I had the I had the Yellow band.
Speaker 3: Love Lance Love what a guy, great guy, just a good guy?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Top five?
Speaker 3: Should we should we rank these bad boys or just compile the top five? I don't think in any particular order. Oh, must rank them, Okay, must rank them.
Speaker 2: The with what you just pitched me on with Mario Lemoux, Jesus chriming. That's gotta be in the top five.
Speaker 3: Five goals in five ways.
Speaker 2: Uh, Kyle Ripkins in there. Okay, that's fucking crazy. As Lewis said, if you do, have you done anything two thousand and six hundred and thirty two times?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, Joe DiMaggio, how many how many times have they gotten close? Who's gotten closest to the to the hits? Yeah? I don't know why, but I I just that sticks out to me.
Speaker 3: I think number two he's gonna be Willie Keeler of the Baltimore Ools forty five games. Oh my god, that was back in the eighteen hundreds, eighteen ninety six, so yeah, wow, geez Louise. And then Pete rose Charlie Hussell seventy eight, he got to forty four games in a row.
Speaker 2: We gotta get Pete rose On to be tight, bro, So I bet you we could get Pete rose On.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, just gonna if you go to the nearest autograph table at some random sports.
Speaker 2: Line, yeah, just mind room. He will be there by Red's jersey and say.
Speaker 3: Hey Pete, say hey kid.
Speaker 2: I know he's not Willy.
Speaker 3: He's always sitting mine the table signing something somewhere. I did my podcast, Dude, we gotta get him in here Byron Nelson. Who's who is ever gonna win eleven straight PGA Tour events? That's never gonna be broken?
Speaker 2: When was that done?
Speaker 3: Nineteen forty five?
Speaker 2: See, you know what these I mean, they've been running time and is it still? I mean that's tough.
Speaker 3: Still stands eleven straight?
Speaker 2: It's great number. I think we gotta get Tiger Woods on there too. Gotta put Tiger that's just crazy. The longevity, I mean, ten years without losing hurdles is tough edwin, but we gotta put edwin ten years. And I mean just taxing on your body.
Speaker 3: Yes, crazy, all right? So we uh, well.
Speaker 2: That's our top five. The comments, let me I want to hear what they think. Hell, and then we'll do a post. Give us, Give us, just so everyone's clear at home, give us these top five out of our fives. Yeah, read that, out of all the fives. These fire fives are five of the most unbeaten, unbeatable records.
Speaker 3: Yes, give us these ones, just to clear it up for the people at home.
Speaker 2: Our top five are Edwin Moses one hundred and twenty two consecutive four hundred meter hurdlewins, ten years, didn't lose, cal Ripken Junior two thousand, six hundred and thirty two consecutive games played, even got a game cancer because of Kevin Kostners, Joey DiMaggio fifty six consecutive games with a hit. Guy had a killer eye in Roe. Oh it was his girl. The guy had that. He must aid his carrots. Tiger Woods one hundred and forty two straight PGA cuts. May did that go? Yep? We'll keep that at that because we might get him on here.
Speaker 3: I want to love Tiger.
Speaker 2: Tiger will come on. I want to I want to talk about when he had the broken knee and won the US Open.
Speaker 3: Kind over matter, baby tough.
Speaker 6: And Mario Lemieux five goals in five ways in one game, insane, insane, struck by lightning twice. That's a top five. That is a great top five.
Speaker 2: Cool haircut on an episode, Thanks again to Lewis. Remember to follow us at games with names on your YouTube Instagram x TikTok and snapchat Jack. You will see him later. Later, that's been another episode of Games with Names, presented by WIN Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor. Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.