Speaker 1: Look out.
Speaker 2: It's only Films to be Buried with Rewind Classic. Hello there, this is Brett Goldstein. We're taking a short break between seasons, so in the meantime enjoy this absolutely banging Rewind Classic until we return on August ninth with a brand new season of unbelievable new guests and episodes. In the meantime, I've curated some of my all time favorite episodes. So sit back or run, or walk or drive or sleep or bang or whatever you do to these no judgments, and I very much hope you enjoy this episode of Films to be Buried with Rewind Classic. Hello, and welcome to Films to be Buried With. It is I Brett Goldstein, and I am joined today by a actor, a writer, a presenter, a podcaster, a hero, a legend, and most of all, a multi multi award winning stand up comedian and man. Please welcome to the show, the brilliant Larry Dean.
Speaker 3: Yeay, oh man, you just made up for like two months of loneliness.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: You can. I get a copy of thatut recording of You've seen all those nice things to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll send you one. Larry Dean, We're recording this. I don't know. I think this might come out a while after we recorded, so I don't know what state the world will be in by then. But we're currently recording this. You've been in lockdown for two months? Yeah?
Speaker 1: When of us since lockdown and started the next two months. I don't know. It doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 3: I think anything longer than a couple weeks in lockdown by yourself.
Speaker 2: Just please tell me how how how have you dealt with being allowed for that?
Speaker 1: People were asking me that before lockdown. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do yoga twice a week, ten thousand steps a day at least around your around your place or in the world, in the world.
Speaker 1: Out in the world, going out for a walk, stay away from people. But then I part from that.
Speaker 3: I was doing painting, but I'm giving up because it, Yeah, it looks bad, man, I'm already messing up. So I've kind of just organized a decorator to come in once Lockdown's over.
Speaker 2: Oh. Sorry, I thought you meant you were doing art.
Speaker 1: Oh it was.
Speaker 3: I have like a week in Brisbane that I was by myself at the beginning of the year, and I started like drawing when I was there.
Speaker 1: I can't draw people. I can draw cartoons.
Speaker 3: You know the way that the easiest way to do an impression is to do an impression of someone doing an impression. That's the same way I can do art. I can do our f I copy someone that's done the art for me.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I've set time this before, but do you know that apparently Christopher Walking the way that he acts, the way he does characters. He gets the script and he reads the script and he goes in his head, oh mylon Brando would be really good for this part they've offered me. So he does what he thinks is an impression of Malon Brando, but he's not very good at impression, so it comes out however it comes out. But in his head, every every part he's doing, he's just doing an impression of an actor, just doing it very badly. But that's his.
Speaker 1: Famous noise is basically him just trying to get into characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's so good. Is that what he sounds like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, because it is easier though when you accuse him. Me and a couple of character comedians, I was saying this to them, either there's a character on stage of like London observational median, And when I did that, I would be so confident because it wasn't me, so they didn't find it funny. I'd be like, it doesn't matter, it's not me. I don't I can't take it personally. But the people would laugh at it, even if the joke wasn't even a joke, because you know when you see those comics, so they don't have any jokes, but there is so confident that people should.
Speaker 2: Go with it.
Speaker 1: That's what the London.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, okay, guys, tell you what right you know? King's Cross? King's Cross?
Speaker 1: I always think, why doesn't the queen just cheer them up?
Speaker 2: Then London observational comedian, then it's really good. That is the comedy I can get back.
Speaker 3: I just I learned that accent off listening to other people trying to do an English accent, and then eventually just kind.
Speaker 1: Of move it along to the expert I think an acting as well.
Speaker 3: See, because I even did that when I I was doing a self tape for a thing they said to be a bit of a bit of a dick. But then it's difficult to add like a dick while being yourself, even if you are a dick.
Speaker 1: You still can. I don't want to think that you're a dick.
Speaker 3: I put on the stereotypical English accent for someone who's a dick, because that's basically and I said both versions to my agent, being like, here's me doing the self tape in English and hears me doing it in Scottish.
Speaker 1: But then they still went with this.
Speaker 3: I was convinced the English one was better, but I think the English one was better because it was me watching someone that isn't me. Because whenever you watch yourself, I was like, oh god, I'm terrible, I'm not funny or whatever like that. I used, I do this is where you're coming, and see your and then but then when I watched the English one, I was like, oh, much better that maybe I should just be English.
Speaker 1: I think I might give up the Scottish thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that's the way to go. I think people would respect you for my decision.
Speaker 3: I'd love to be American. The amount of comedians that I watch and I think, oh yeah, even the comedians are not amazing. But I still think you're still going to do better than a lot of non American comics because you've got the accent that everyone just can jump on board with because everyone understands an American accent, a general American accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what it's it's sometimes I think it's quite interesting with English comedy. English stand up is that stand up is like a confidence trick in it. It's like the audience has to go, oh, they're confident enough to do this, And so in America it completely works because Americans are so naturally confident. They're taught to be confident and built confident to come out of the womb.
Speaker 1: Like what's that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here in England, like the British sort of the stereotype of British is to be sorry, sorry, to not be confident. So stand up is quite possibly more. I don't know, there's something different about it here because you have to be confident without being confident, because if you're performatively confident like an American in England people hate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it is the same in Australia as well. Really, my chiropractor gave me this advice. Whenever I smell go whenever I get in a room with someone and I've been asked to sit down, my brain immediately goes therapy.
Speaker 1: So my fucking my dermatologist and my chiropractor.
Speaker 3: I've had like therapy sessions with me just because they're like, so, why why do you think your your neck is so well?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's because of this person was nasty to me online.
Speaker 3: But my chiropractice said the crabs in a bucket thing, and I never So if you put crabs in a bucket, one of them will eventually be able to get to the edge and be able to climb out, but the other crabs will pull it back into the bucket with them.
Speaker 1: So that's British and a Stillian mentality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you don't tend to be happy for other people to do well, but in America, you doing well is a representation of like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, were with the best good job.
Speaker 3: The fact that I went to America for the first team this year and I told people I was a comedian and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Question it in the slightest.
Speaker 3: They were just really happy that I was trying to make other people happy.
Speaker 1: It's mental, man. I need to live in America.
Speaker 2: I need That's so interesting. Yeah, I feel it's a real any of that stuff. Acting and stand up are two things that I if I meet strangers. I don't tell them I do. If they say what do you do? I keep it quiet because I feel it's so embarrassing and also I feel like they'll go, which they do usually, like really and then you suddenly in this awful position again. Yeah, actually, you know, I can be in any sort of game, but you haven't been funny for the whole time we've been talking. You know exactly, I'm going home. I know.
Speaker 3: I think all my watch stage you get to people will sell do that because like my barber was saying to me about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm sat down.
Speaker 1: I'm sat down right now, but yeah, I'm well aware.
Speaker 2: My barber was saying about you.
Speaker 3: Tell me some of a comic, and then he told me the comics incredibly famous, although I'm not going to repeat to say their name because I don't. I don't like the thing of like, oh, actually sing that comedian is like that. But they said that about this really famous comedian. Of how the feedback that they gave them so they're like, oh, they should stop talking like this and they should start doing more jokes with this because he used to do jokes about this. And he said, but you you know them you've you've gave them before. I was like, yeah, it's a friend of mine. And then they're like, oh, can you tell them that next to me?
Speaker 1: See them just past? Was it you.
Speaker 3: That I have a fucking but even a lot of people don't even realize that we're friends, like like comedians are friends. Because I finished so uncomfortable, and I hope other people find it uncomfortable because it definitely will happen to me as well.
Speaker 1: Of when they tell you about how they don't.
Speaker 3: Find another comedian funny, and I'm just like, unless it's a comedian I don't like, then that's absolutely fine.
Speaker 2: Then I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm just like, actually, for legal reasons, i'm not edge to say anything about that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's true of old jobs I'm trying to think of. It's just sort of jobs that you do in front of people, as in if you're a politician or you're a footballer or you're a standard that is a job in front of people where people go, I could do that, you're a cant. But maybe that's true of old jobs, because I do know people who would watch Electrician in their house and go I could do that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I know I didn't think that was like even when they'll see about the Brexit stuff and they let let's not let's weather said you were on. I think the thing that is so stupid is saying don't listen to expos And I was like, that is standard mentality.
Speaker 1: We get comedian get out for years.
Speaker 3: It's like, even if you paid this funny or not, we are experts because we've done it a lot and we know how it works. But then I'm like, I really hope the same people that do that, I just think the same way when they go to the doctors.
Speaker 1: I'm not listening to the ex.
Speaker 2: I can ask you this, what's been? This is very private, but I'm so fascinated. You're a live to. How's your love life been? What have you been? Have you since we're in therapy? Can you answer that? Have you been? Have you phone calls with people?
Speaker 1: What's oh? My love life? We don't want about No, I'm fucking talk No.
Speaker 2: You brought it up.
Speaker 1: RTT.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about it now I've sat down. You knew this was going to happen with you, and you asked my question. So basically, what has happened is when the beginning of lockdown.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird because.
Speaker 3: This flat, I specifically because I hate living alone.
Speaker 1: I can't stand it.
Speaker 3: But the reason why I bought this flat was because my ex was going to move over from Austulia. Then we me and him broke up like two years ago, and then we got back together, and then we broke up again last year. The second time we broke up. The reason why was because he wanted to and then when So now this is the first time I've been in the flat by myself for a long period of time. So now I'm a bit like, oh, yeah, this is where we were going to be having breakfast together. But now I'm by myself, and this is the thing the art I bought for him because I asked his opinion because it was going to be his flat.
Speaker 1: So that was weird.
Speaker 3: But then I've had like some dates and stuff. I had like a social you know that he led to meet two of our house households.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, yeah, that's what I was good. This is sort of I didn't. I was curious that have you been social distance dating? Is that what you've been doing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought I may as well use one of it because it's almost like You've got two wishes episodes, right, So I thought, right, fine, Mom and Dad, which is basically the wish of world peace, okay.
Speaker 1: And then the selfish one.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I'm going to get my whole and so I started meeting this guy around the corner for me, who's dead and nice and stuff. I don't think it's going to end well, because nothing ever does, but it's been all right, and I've had skype dates as well. One of the skype dates was a drunk guy who then got me on basically by saying we hadn't really chatted.
Speaker 1: We were doing that thing of on.
Speaker 3: Instagram, you know when like you do the thing of I like your picture, now they like my picture, I like another picture of you. Let's se which one of his breaks and has to go high before it's too late. So he just messed me saying, hey, man, I'm really lonely tonight. Do you fancy skyping and just having a week chat? And I was like, ah, yes, I can give us ten minutes go and brush my teeth.
Speaker 1: No idea why, but.
Speaker 4: All that very very sophisticated Oh yeah, Oh I always wear a tuxed around the house, don't you then he just proceeded to tell me about how he didn't like my last show, and.
Speaker 3: I was trapped because I thought, I thought, if I leave this conversation, it's going to see myself. I can't take criticism, so I have to take Oh man, fucking wish.
Speaker 2: It was okay. Hell, I can't believe I had a scripe thing with Brewster set.
Speaker 1: This is the thing, right, So the guy says this.
Speaker 3: He goes, well, I'm trying to get into reviewing, so this, and then I'm like, okay, but so you you He said, well, I've given I'll give you your show three out of five, like thanks a few double things. And he's like, no, I'm just getting into it now, right, So clearly he's an expot. But then I looked and he said that I talked the show he was talking about was when I did about my ex, right, And he said he talked about your X too much, Like, well, that's like what the show is about, so I have to talk about He said, yeah, but it's a bit cringey talking about your ex.
Speaker 1: And I was like, all.
Speaker 3: Right, But then this is the thing seem whenever like you get criticism or whenever I get criticism. I kind of I've got such a bad habit of like ruminating over things. So they're going back and trying to figure everything out of how it happened. So I thought, well, I need to I want to know more about him now, So I did my research. He wrote a book about his ex and and it's got one five star review that was wrote by him.
Speaker 1: So I was like, Oh, I feel better. That's all right.
Speaker 2: I smell married material.
Speaker 3: I've actually started chatting to a guy in America because I was thinking, if I'm in lockdown, I may as well have like a romance that's going to be the same as.
Speaker 1: A romance around the block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always the thing that I'm kind of I'm giving up now on the fucking dating stuff though.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just like, yeah, okay, well, thank you for answering that question.
Speaker 1: So I never see I never know quite an answer was good or not.
Speaker 2: I felt bad asking it, and then I'm glad you said.
Speaker 3: Do you not see what I was doing on social media of like just telling the most embarrassing stories about my life?
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with just like fine with humiliated myself. If you emeliate yourself at least you're in control of the humiliation.
Speaker 2: I think it's really right, and then you get to own it. Right. Oh, Larry Dean, I've forgotten. It's really stupid of me. Actually, I feel like an idiot. I should have said this to you maybe before we started recording. But fuck well, I guess I'll just have to say it. I'll just say it. You've died, you You're you've died. Sorry, How did you mean? I don't have to do that stupid Scottish accent anymore? God, sex with women. I can have sex with women in heaven.
Speaker 1: I don't even have to do the game thing anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh that sucks. Not really, It's fine. It's probably the same as it is now. How did I die?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it was poisoned by my neighbor. Yeah, I knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Like, just just in front of you, just poisoned you.
Speaker 3: They swapped my food with their food, right, base right, because I fucking know my neighbors up to something, right, Okay, So I think, right, I'm quite paranoid enough as it is.
Speaker 1: And you already knew that.
Speaker 3: But my car was smashed into the back of that about a month and a half ago, and I just just before I even continue, I live in a nice part of Glasgow and it's a very it's a small street and it's not there's not much bad shit happened out into here. Then month after the car thing, my bike was stolen from a close and there was no struggle for ends.
Speaker 1: Or anything like that. And then oh, the.
Speaker 3: Breakfast for my house for me in my house, and I've got a message off OOP saying your delivery driver has arrived, Please go and meet them. And I was like, oh, they're not you know, rang the doorbell. I looked out the window and I saw the delivery driver walk into the house next ed, not the house, the.
Speaker 1: Flats next door.
Speaker 3: Easy to get mixed up because I'm on number eighty four, that's number eighty two, and the only thing to tell the difference is the massive numbers on the fucking doors. But then I just and I thought, clearly, what's gonna happen is he's going to say here's your breakfast, and they're gonna go, Oh, you think you're the wrong place.
Speaker 1: But I saw the hand.
Speaker 3: I just saw the hand come out and grab the tside something. I'm genuine right now like, that's that's too many weird things to happen in a row. And people do hate me. So I'm like, have you seen them riding your bike? That's the thing. But I got a messed because I put it on the social media and I've got people saying I've seen that bike in an alleyway.
Speaker 1: I think a toying with my min You know you're all fucking I know you're all fucking on on it.
Speaker 2: Nothing about your name, but I had to tell he's on to us. What is Do you worry about death?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: No, I've never even think of it. I'm worried about people dying. But when someone dies, I think it's so difficult to move on. But that's probably part of the ruminating thing that I do. Anyway, I just obsess over it, but for my death not But I used to be really worried about it. I used to pray every night.
Speaker 2: And why did it stop? Do you remember why you got over it or stopped thinking about it?
Speaker 1: I think it was. It's the same thing that stopped me being scared of flying.
Speaker 3: It was being told, what's the point of stressing yourself out when you can't control it? And I just kind of don't think about it too much, like, oh, I don't I think I can have even I'm majorly agnostic with stuff, and I kind of think, well, if I get stressed out about it all the time, it's not really one thing.
Speaker 1: I am stressed out about. Though. I'm determined to not die and be forgotten.
Speaker 3: Like my mission in life is to when I when I do die, to make sure that it's like the way you can look back on someone like fifty years ago and people go, oh, yeah, yeah, I know that person from fifty years ago.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the thing I'm worried about.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about dying before I can be remembered because right now, I mean, if I was to die right now, it barely be in the fucking front page of Toorto. I think the way I'd have to right down for me to get any news coverage, i'd have to die in a big event.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's enough to life?
Speaker 3: So there's two things I kind of think, right, so you know that when you die, the thing of you see the light, there's an actual brain reason why that happens. But I think it might even be the thing. But since I've been brought up as a Catholic. I tend to believe that there probably is, because even the thing of like how even if.
Speaker 1: It's like heaven or if it's just in your head.
Speaker 3: But I think when you die, that's not it, like because your brain still works a wee bit, doesn't it. Well, I'm sure of seen something about your brain still works a wee bit.
Speaker 1: So it's either either your own brain has given you some kind of form of.
Speaker 3: Hey, evidthing's all right, don't sit the underground, but don't worry about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just just kind of like lowering the power slightly and slightly every single daytil is boom completely off. But I don't know. I kind of I think I probably do think there is an afterlife.
Speaker 3: I believe in ghosts, so I think it'd be weird for me to not think it was an after life. If I believe in ghosts, I think that's a nice oh yeah, a weird ghost experience. Basically, it was when I was when I was a kid, I feelish's turn of lights off, and I have a torch under my chin. When I was a kid, I was about when he's not really a kid even I was like fifteen, we just moved to this hoose and house.
Speaker 1: You an't no worries.
Speaker 3: And in the middle of the night, I woke up and my bed sheets were coming off the bed and I was pulling up, and I thought it must be jammed on something. And when I pulled up, no matter how much I pulled, it wouldn't come up. And I looked to the bottom of the bed and there was a small blonde boy just holding my bed sheet. And I told this to my mum the next day and she says, well, we obviously I don't know if that's true, but just no matter what, do not tell your sister because the reason why we moved house is because we got burgled in the gas house. And my sister was even the fact we got burgled that was the issue. It was the fact that my sister was just like such an anxious wreck at the thought of ever getting burgled again, so she couldn't sleep. So my mom was like, just don't tell her because I don't want to have to move house again because she'd be scared of something else. And I was like, yeah, of course, right, So I didn't tell my sister. Two weeks later, my sister pisses the bed, and my mom goes, why you pissed the bed, and she says, I was going to I got up to go to the toilet, but then I saw a small boy holding onto my bed sheets at the bottom of the bed, and I couldn't get up part of that. And I was like, I still, honestly still even thinking of the way that I'm still getting goosebumps.
Speaker 2: I still get where. Did do you remember when you saw the boy? Did he then disappear? And do you remember like what happened? Yeah?
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw them, I like immediately like went back because it's weird thinking.
Speaker 1: You think, surely at the time you should just go, hey, man, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: You don't just panic so much because it's a most unnatural thing.
Speaker 1: Ever, so I just went back in my bad and my heart's pointing like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then after about twenty minutes, I conjured up the guts to pull the covers up.
Speaker 1: I pulled the covers up, and then.
Speaker 3: They came up, and then I waited another like twenty minutes, and then I looked at the bottom of the bed and he wasn't there anymore.
Speaker 2: Larry Dean, that is some scary shit. D I love that, abstutely terrifying. That well done. I'm never going to sleep again. Well, I think the lesson is don't don't just don't have a bed sheet, because that wouldn't exactly about it.
Speaker 1: Sleep naked everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry Dean, good news. You were right. There is a heaven and it's filled with scary children. Oh no, hell walking around with dots on them. No, it's very nice. They're nothing to be afraid of. But they're obsessed with films. They're obsessed with him, and they want to know about your life through film. The first thing they ask is what is the first film you were remember seeing?
Speaker 3: The first one I remember seeing. I think it's Jungle Book, all of that. I've even know if it's a film. You know that Mickey Mouse thing, the Mackey most one when it's to music, the whole movies to music, Fantasia Fantasia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, is that a film?
Speaker 2: That is a film?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's not only like half an hour well, no.
Speaker 2: The bit. It's like a series of sort of short films in one film, and one of the Mickey Mouse bit is one part of it. It's like a series of vignettes if I may, and Mickey mouse bit is the source of his apprentice, but there's also bits of it like elephants and fountains and all sorts of shit.
Speaker 1: Because that was my first memory.
Speaker 5: But then I thought, I don't even know if that's a that's legit, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I remember watching Fantasia at my granny's. But the film I remember always wanting to watch as a kid was The Jungle Book.
Speaker 1: I love the Jungle Book.
Speaker 2: I love The Jungle Book.
Speaker 3: I still love it. I can't watch The midd and New One, haven't they Yeah, I can't watch it.
Speaker 2: No, I think I don't understand. I just I'm not. I'm very I'm not pro c g I animals and.
Speaker 3: Even having horror as well. I think it's ruined horror films though I don't like any of that.
Speaker 2: You really don't get it. I don't get what we're meant. I mean, clearly, Look, they keep making money, and I'm sure some people love them. I genuinely feel like there's something missing in my brain or because I watched those things, and I go, what am I meant to be getting out of this? I'm watching a computer I can see it's a computer. It looks like a computer. What we're watching is.
Speaker 1: To love the computer. You love computer. Yeah, it's a proper although I see.
Speaker 3: I think the reason why it is because, well, for specifically for jungle Book is my nephew loves it because and I can tell it's because he looks at his dad like Blue's Blue is such a father figure. And I remember thinking my dad was Blue as well. And I think a lot of people have that, that that's the link that they get there. And I think watching a new version of Jungle Book would be like watching your stepdad, like your mum with a new man. It's a bit like, yeah, I can see you making other people happy, but I feel weird about it.
Speaker 1: You're not my real dad, you know my real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I love what's his name, the Puma? What's his name, Bagheria, Bagheera. I love Bagheera him and Blues.
Speaker 1: What do you call it?
Speaker 3: Relationship of He's the one who's very We've got to be responsible, we've got to do this. We've got to do this and Blue. At the end, when Blue is still dancing, he gets really into it. It's like so dangerous, but he gets proper into I love that scene. Man, and he's wearing he's wearing the stuff as well.
Speaker 2: Right, anyway, what is the film that scared you the most You've been scared in real life? Do you like being scared in films? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love it, man, I fucking adore scary films. Y.
Speaker 2: Finally, so many comedians do not like horror films, I've discovered in this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've noticed that as well, because I usually try and talk to them about it. I love her because I'm actually don't. Yeah, I can say I'm trying to write because you know who comedy and horror are the same thing. Yes, I'm trying to figure out a way of because you know how an Edinburgh the done stand up that's sad.
Speaker 2: You understand that you're scary? Yeah, the Dream.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I have even been, because I usually like, I'm such a dot right for scary films, because I love I don't like just fright films, because I think freight films are just like it's it's cheap because you're just going oh and then and if you give a big noise, it's not really it's not really scared.
Speaker 1: It's just a bit unexpected. The Thing.
Speaker 3: I love those creepy films, so like Alien and The Thing and The Shining, those films that make you feel uneasy because of the isolation aspect, but also even the Shining Thing of how coup Break changed the layout of the overlooks so it wouldn't actually make sense, So your brain is kind of watching it very It's almost like hypnotizing your brain because your brain's going to hold on, how does that make sense? There's no, there can't be a door there because there's a staircase there, but you.
Speaker 1: Don't even realize that when you're watching it.
Speaker 3: And what was that That Netflix series did something similar, Yeah, by putting people in the ghosts in the background, just to make you feel a bit like I'm sure I saw something there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I love horror films.
Speaker 3: But the scariest horror film, yeah, that's well, the one I've.
Speaker 1: Kind of thought of one. That's one.
Speaker 3: There's a horror documentary film, Yeah, that's the scariest, and also affection film is probably the others. I'd say probably just because I grew up like watching a lot of ghosts, watching a lot of ghosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those I mean that primary school opposite my house.
Speaker 2: Is full of ghosts. It's blood children.
Speaker 1: Imagine me going to my holiday in Sweden. Oh the ghosts.
Speaker 2: I love you think guys, the white children.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if you've seen it. But the scariest parb I remember.
Speaker 3: I actually seen that documentary is the Nightmare.
Speaker 2: Oh about the the thing that that you feel sleeps on your chest.
Speaker 1: Or gets Yeah, the sleep paralysis story. Oh mine?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's something that's like other around me? Or do you not believe in?
Speaker 2: No? I I've genuinely had horrific like you feel that you're being held down by geist is what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I can't you know some of the coincidences in that film some of that?
Speaker 2: Is it great?
Speaker 1: The problem is right?
Speaker 3: They even said it, if you have sleeparalysis and you watch this film, chances are you're probably gonna get step paralysis again because it's going to make you kind of thinking that kind of mindset. It's like that thing of people who think they're going to get ill are probably more likely to get ill because they're always thinking about it.
Speaker 1: And but some of the stories in it.
Speaker 3: Initially I went into that film watching it going oh, well, never happened?
Speaker 2: It would never happen to me.
Speaker 1: So fucking.
Speaker 3: Dick a start, but then by the end of it, I was fucking petrified because it ends with you thinking is this ghosts or demons? Because the people who actually see them, A lot of people are convinced that's what it is. Yeah, why is there not a cure for it when it's such a horrendous thing. Yeah, and then you can go well, some of them say, oh, I didn't get sleeparalysis until I was forty, and you're like, oh, fuck, I can get it as well. So it makes you go so skilled I'm feeling sorry for these people.
Speaker 2: And then just then at the end of just like, by the way, anyone can get it, man, that is Yeah, Yeah, it's real. It's a real It's it's really fucking scary when it happens. I've had quite a few times, and it's like you're sort of drowning and you're trying to pull yourself out, but you're being you're constantly being pushed back down. God, it's some fucking weird.
Speaker 1: But have you been able to open your eyes during it?
Speaker 2: Again? It's like you're trying to but they're being plos I've had, you know, someone's wiping me up in the middle of it, and I've got fucking like them off. What what tell me? Riddle me this. Have you made any headway with your stand up that scary thoughts?
Speaker 3: I've got some notes on my big white boardo my bedroom.
Speaker 1: It's dependent on the venue, right.
Speaker 3: One thing I did think that it's a good psychological trick to play on people is basically, you know the way that in a like a horror film, they will have like a noise all that is basically it's like the noise that you know in it in.
Speaker 1: The shining when it would tell you what day it was and it would go.
Speaker 3: Right the Apparently, as the director who did this for a play in which you'd have this noise, a noise playing the whole time that the play was going on.
Speaker 1: It was just like an eerie kind of.
Speaker 3: Noise, but he would stop playing it when something scary was happening.
Speaker 1: And the people watched.
Speaker 3: It, they said it made them feel so uneasy because they got so used to that noise that even though the noise was scary, it was almost in the comfort of that noise. So bringing up it was almost like the up. It was the doing the opposite thing. I was having the same effect. So I thought if I was doing stand up having noise in the background, but then immediately that goes against the ruler stand up obviously the able to hear the comedian.
Speaker 2: Well, I wonder if I think you have to do it would be tricks And like I always think about paranormal activity, the first one I think is such a work of genius, and it is like comedy, because what that film is is pure repetition. Is that it sets up this thing, which is a black and white square image. The image doesn't move, it doesn't go left him right, It's just an image of a bedroom. And you learn the film trains you very quickly to be scared of that image, and you're searching it for something. Is something in the door, is something in the corner, or something in the corner, and then it goes away and then some other stuff happenasonic bang, you're back on that image, and purely by repeating it, you are now scared of that square image.
Speaker 1: But could you do that with like a part of the stage. The difficulty is I think it's like.
Speaker 3: It's homostly the way that it's doing it with any props and any gimmicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really a real challenge. And that is a real challenge. I mean, there's something that Jordan Brooks did, but he did a clever thing with his Bleed show. Did you see that we had everyone had headphones? But there was like a trick in it. I think I can say this because the show I believe is fully done is there was noise in his venue. There was noise outside. He was in the courtyard, so you could hear people drinking, and quite often he said he made references to the people to the noise outside, made jokes about the noise outside, and then suddenly he was like, oh fuck this, and he did something and everyone was suddenly giving headphones, and you realized that the noise outside had been fake, that it would be coming out of a speaker, and actually the whole thing had been set up. But that's using stuff. I don't know how you do that with.
Speaker 3: Just Oh no, I think I need to spend a year on it, so I need, I basically need to make enough money before you just do nothing but concentrate on it.
Speaker 2: What is the film that made you cry the most? You cry cry cryer.
Speaker 3: I never ever cry happy films. I don't understand. It has to be sad.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't get the thing or people going know that I was so happy maybe fair with love.
Speaker 2: When I cried, I.
Speaker 3: Cried weird, weird films and just television, and I'm like, that shouldn't make me cry.
Speaker 1: But oh but then it, Oh, hold on, I'll take the film a minute.
Speaker 2: Into that.
Speaker 5: There's a film called Who All Love My Children? Okay, yeah, funny enough. It was always the film that my sister wanted to get out of the video shop when we were little, and I'd always be like, fucking, I wanted lethal weapon, and she wanted who would Love My Children? She was always trying to get us to watch that. Talk to me about it. I believe we did see it in the end. It's a TV movie, right, It's like a straight to DVD like Women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awful nineteen sixties, ninety seventies.
Speaker 3: I think I remember my mom on VHS and I watched every other video on the host and I was like, oh fuck, I'll watched that.
Speaker 2: I was on a kid.
Speaker 1: I watched that and then I was scared as a child.
Speaker 3: But it's about a woman who is married to alcoholic he's a nice man though, but a nice man who's an alcoholic and has of writers, and she does.
Speaker 1: Everything for the kids.
Speaker 3: She has ten kids, and then she gets terminal cancer and has to give each of the kids away, but no one's going.
Speaker 1: To take ten kids.
Speaker 3: She has to separate all the children and is based on a true story, and their husband wouldn't be able to look after them, so the husband is separated from her kids, and then she's dying. It is fucking hell, man. I cry so much on that film. It's not like one of those films that the that you cry at the end of it, because it's ten kids each and every single kid leaving a mom.
Speaker 1: It's actually I think the film's even on YouTube now. If you don't want the end to be ruined.
Speaker 2: I say ruined it because this sounds horrendously. I definitely want.
Speaker 1: To watch it. With epilepsy.
Speaker 3: This was back in the day when epilepsy was thought to be a mental illness, So she couldn't find them a house and she had to put him in a mental institute. So she died putting our child who's got epilepsy in a mental institute. But then his brother goes to say goodbye to him because his new mum and dad are taking him away somewhere and then they adopt the kid, and then that's kind of like, oh, that's nice, But then you look up on Wikipedia and you realize that wasn't the true bit of the.
Speaker 2: Story at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, christ I suppose at the end that is a happy cry, but I'm still busy going, oh, I feel sorry for the mum and the kids and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds awfo.
Speaker 1: I didn't atally thin when I was saying about happy cries.
Speaker 3: I cried at a Simpsons episode the other day, which on the one when Bart Lisa have to play ice hockey against each other and then they have all these memories of brothers and Ceestel's things and then they don't play and then they hug and I started crying and I was like, but but then it's based on a side thing, because I was like, oh, I just miss hagging.
Speaker 1: It with my sister.
Speaker 2: Is it in your family from got a big brothers as well? Are you in the middle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Middle child?
Speaker 2: Heinch the comedian. Yeah, that's right in the middle between Scotland and Wales. What is the film that people don't really like, it's not critically acclaimed, but you love it.
Speaker 1: I think most Elvers films.
Speaker 3: If I had to pick one Elvis film, that would definitely be one that most people don't make.
Speaker 1: But I do goals, goals, goals.
Speaker 2: Girls, girls, girls, because I originally thought, yeah for that.
Speaker 3: I actually thought before Elvis, I was thinking Gremlins too, because I thought people, yeah, I actually, for once some reason, I thought people didn't like Greblers too, And then I looked up and I was like, fucking hell, loads of people love Greblers too. It was a disaster when it came out because I lost money, but it was a great film.
Speaker 1: But Elvis films I.
Speaker 3: Love, and I can tell that they're awful, but I love them anyway because I love Elvis.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And it reminds me of being a kid because he used to always watch Elvis films growing up.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's nice. That's great. Elvis has never come up on this podcast, so ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and The Nightmare and Who Love My Children?
Speaker 2: Has? When are we going to finally watch it? Never be sick?
Speaker 1: Please watch it? Please, please watch it and send me a picture of you cry. Please come to my depression level.
Speaker 2: Come on, please know watch Pete Dragon again. What is the film that you used to love? You loved it, but you've watched it recently and you've gone out. No, I don't feel the same.
Speaker 1: Way no more. This is bad Rockie five?
Speaker 2: Why have you got enough? Rocky five? What's Rocky fast?
Speaker 1: It's bad, man, It's fucking bad.
Speaker 3: I loved it because it was actually the first Rocky film I ever saw, and I thought, well, this is great because I know how they all end, so I don't need to watch the rest of them. And then I watched all of them through. Three and four are the best.
Speaker 1: One and two. Twos are one. I don't like one. I know one is like you know, is said to be fucking brilliant, But.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, yeah, he's walking around the streets all the time. I'm like, I get it, it's cold, I get it.
Speaker 1: It could have been at least half an hour short of boring totally.
Speaker 3: I'm so because three and four are great because of the ridiculousness of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you need, you just the mind.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're like, it's supposed to be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He's one of the best boxers of all time and he still doesn't know how to block.
Speaker 2: Of course it's going.
Speaker 1: To be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Boy, what is the film that means the mice to you? Not necessarily the film itself is any good because the experience you had around seeing the film that will make it special to you for all your days.
Speaker 1: Start of Echoes with Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Love that film. I thought it was scary.
Speaker 1: It's quite scary. Yeah, it's quite scary.
Speaker 3: The problem was with that, I think was it came too soon to the sixth sense. Yeah, and I thought it's kind of going on the same lines of But then, I mean that was every horror film ever after the sixth sense was little kids being able to see ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me your experience with Star offis with Kevin Biking.
Speaker 3: So when I was a kid, I was really badly behaved all the time, and like so fucking out of control.
Speaker 2: I know what's probably because he's Scottish now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was so badly behaved that I had epilepsy. Because some people get epilepsy during our puberty years because of all your brain shit going weld. So I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see blonde children.
Speaker 1: Now I used to see. But I used to wake up in the middle of the night and I'd sleep walk.
Speaker 3: I have no idea how slept walk, but then wake up in another part of the house having a fit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I wake up it was always when I go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I wake up and then be like having The fits were specifically or my whole body. Sometimes it was my whole body. Other times it was like I, once, we'll cut this thing. I woke up doing a doggie paddle right. My arms just wouldn't stop feeling like that, and then I had to walk through the toilet because for some reason in my head, I thought maybe I need so The reason why start of echoes means a lot to be is because my mom didn't believe me because she thought I was making it up because I was so badly behaved, so and my dad didn't believe. Nobody believed me that I was having epileptic fits or there was anything wrong with me. They thought I was just being a dick and I was just coming up with this thing to not going to school.
Speaker 1: So I was still having to go to.
Speaker 2: School even though I was talking like that.
Speaker 3: Because when you have a fit, you're so exhausted afterwards, and I was trying to go into school, and then so then what was it called? Then my mum believed me because I scared my sister, and then the doctor was like, when I had to do a brain scat on him, but he's going to have since he always has epileptic when he goes to sleep, we're going to have to get to fall asleep. So my mom went to the video store and when I need to get a horror film that will make sure my son won't be able to sleep tonight and then he'll be able to fall asleep tomorrow on the doctors at the doctor's table when they're doing a brain an MRI scan thing on him. So then I had to stay up all night watching Star of Echoes and I think I've already seen a couple other horrors. So that was because that film represents me finally getting believed that.
Speaker 2: I was, that's amazing. Did it work? Did you then stay awake o night terrified? And then sleep on the table?
Speaker 1: I did follow sleep on the table.
Speaker 3: But then after that whole fucking thing, they were like, yeah, there was no difference in brain activity, but they were like, but that they said that happened like seventy percent of the time they can't actually tell the difference.
Speaker 1: It's just such. It's just to do a look of whether or not.
Speaker 3: It's like that thing of year r L and then you go to the doctors and then that's they have to feel better.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was more just nice that they believe me.
Speaker 2: I was like, interesting that Stara Becas is about a man who is not believed. He sees things and he's not believed.
Speaker 3: I didn't been thinking of that way I say this, And I was around at the same time that I was really getting into my my gainess, was getting really watching it.
Speaker 2: Watching it every single week.
Speaker 3: But the guy I remember as though watching that, thinking the guy who murdered hers.
Speaker 2: And that's when I started fancying bad men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my taste is horrendous and I've got films to fucking blame for it.
Speaker 2: Man, since they ever diagnosed you with the epilepsy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they diagnosed me with it, but they so there was a kind of thing of I wasn't allowed to there's certain little things are not allowed to do that in order to drive for seven years after you've had an epileptic fete. But then I don't have epilepsy anymore. I just had the puberty epilepsy.
Speaker 1: There's a name for it, but I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It's definite calling it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Some reason people don't take me seriously when I say pupilepsy. It's really bad.
Speaker 5: I had really bad pupils right, just the noise of you fucking make it have an a fete and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You think your pins are like, I don't know if I should go into the.
Speaker 2: Room or not. You start as shaking something else exactly shaking and thropping at the knife.
Speaker 1: He's just having a wank.
Speaker 2: What is the film that you must relate to? Larry Dan?
Speaker 1: Drop their Fred?
Speaker 2: That makes sense to me that you both parts interrupted Fred? What the and Rick? I think?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, this is gonna say main right.
Speaker 3: But I've definitely since Lockdown and I've been able to ruminate. I began to start trying to make myself feel more like a kid again, because that's one of the compliments I've got from a lot of people, was saying that whenever they hang out with me, they feel like they can be as silly and as childish as they want, and I'm not really going to judge them for it. And I was like, you know what, I need to start doing that myself and not feel so self conscious. And I think that's the whole thing with drop Dead Fread is just basically just like be more of a kid, because I my sisters is a mental for this. But I still wake up every single morning and go.
Speaker 1: I don't have to go to school today.
Speaker 2: I still generally think that.
Speaker 3: And whenever I buy like a pack of biscuits, I swear I still think this way. Whenever I buy a pack of biscuits, I still think I can fucking eat as many of these as I want. Because I don't live a mummy anymore.
Speaker 1: I really excited about those little things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I think the whole thing would drop Dead Fread. That's like trying to be childish and be silly and all that. I fucking maybe it's not the way I am, but it's definitely the way I can of belly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I'm going to get a tattoo of that as well. I've already got a tattoo of the mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, ship, he really does, ladies, gentle. When you can't see this, He's got the liking mask right on his.
Speaker 1: Tummy and my sex pack, Remember.
Speaker 2: My sex pack. It's really a good take. Also, having a tattoo on your six pack means you have to keep a six pack forever, right, It's quite vational.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to But then it's strangely when I got a tattoo, because you know, when you see it's like god and when I mean something. I was thinking, well, the mask was a film, although I keep thinking it's always fucking green. Green films tend to be the thing I love. Dropped it red green, the mask, green, Gremlins green, and those.
Speaker 1: Are all the tattoos.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, a mask is another one brown, Yeah, But then it's like the reason why I got a brown was because I've got a couple of more and I thought I'm going to cover them up.
Speaker 1: He got a thingish wire head mind, but I thought.
Speaker 3: The yeah, the mask as well, that's another one that Oh I love those bets and films of my fav One of my favorite scenes ever is the dancing scene to Cuban.
Speaker 6: Pete agreed because how they wrote that in a script that is such a I love bets and films that when you watch it you think, how the fuck did they get this?
Speaker 1: Past a producer like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine just going it's about to get caught by the police, but then he starts dancing to Cuban Pete and everyone joins in, and then he runs away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fuck. I've got the soundtrack to The Mask. I love it. What Larry Dane is the sexiest film ever made? In your eyes?
Speaker 1: Criull intensions?
Speaker 2: Is that because you look a bit like Ryan Philly.
Speaker 3: Mate, I fucking love you, man, Ryan Philippe is a fucking ride. He was like, Oh, man, I don't know represented that's sucking Italian chef, a fucking there's.
Speaker 2: This bumb hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's so hot.
Speaker 3: Even like, even though I'm not a fan of of the vargiant I, the two girls kissing in that film, that's a hot cast, really hot cast when you see that one string of saliva between them. But I even find watching that going. I found myself turning into a lad watching that scene. I'm like, oh, yeah, there's four books in that scene.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I never counted, but you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently they're everywhere. Yeah, Ryan, Ryan Philip, is it Filippi or Philip?
Speaker 2: It's Philip?
Speaker 3: But you know, to be honest, I never usually say out loud, I just reade it down in Google's help. But Ryan Phillip in that film a horny young guy. I just and he's hot and he's a bad boy. Yeah, and yeah, everything about that film is hot, even the fact that he's about to do his incest.
Speaker 1: I'm still like, yeah, i'd be your sister.
Speaker 2: Do you still are you still into him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not using to guys that are older than like thirty five or whatever like that, but I think he's like forty now and he still looks Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a subcategory of this question, traveling BWn is worrying why guns? What film did you find a rousing that you thought maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you'll ever have had this answer. The warriors.
Speaker 2: Warriors come out and play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, come out to play.
Speaker 3: Not not him, But I acts from the you know the guy you gets arrested by is it gets handcuffed to a park bench.
Speaker 2: That bit is the bit that.
Speaker 3: That no, not that bit, just him in general, and the whole the whole thing of half like top BLUs fit men running through a city after being very naughty.
Speaker 1: I just find it very hot. There's no sex scenes really in it, I don't think.
Speaker 3: But I did watch the whole film with Astona and just be like, this is like the best film ever and to be fair to that and that I ax thing what was so funny bout that film? As soon as I gets arrested ied to just be like, I'm not really interesting.
Speaker 2: And they just not watch it.
Speaker 3: I don't know at the end of it, because whenever I said or what they said, people, what were we watching the other night? I was like, oh, the Warriors And then they do the quote from it came I to pay that one.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yeah, I don't because that's at the end.
Speaker 2: That's nice. And see that sexy toldst men running through a city being because it's.
Speaker 1: Basically it's be watched for Bendos.
Speaker 2: They watched for benders Please put that on the post, do.
Speaker 3: You know, like because because people go, oh, I can't believe why the men like be watched it's just women running around like half naked. I'm like, yeah, men running around half naked, that's what as well. Yeah, but then I be bad boys. I don't want like the fact that be.
Speaker 1: Watching is your issue?
Speaker 2: Saving people? What is your issue with with Good Boys.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not They're not going to trip like ship.
Speaker 2: What's the fucking I get it, I get it. You want, I want wants.
Speaker 5: I want to be the one to team them.
Speaker 2: I totally understand. What is the film? Objectively, that's the greatest film of all time?
Speaker 7: Objectively I usually would have said The Shaving because it is a mass copies, but I know not everyone's into horror.
Speaker 3: So I thought I'll go over a film that I think has everything, and I've seen it very recently and I can't believe it has been overshadowed by another film, Jojo Rabbit, I thought was one of the best films of all time.
Speaker 1: So Good has everything in it.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love that film, and I genuinely I'm lust as to why you've got such a mixed response. It's one of them films. I'm just like, well, clearly it's fucking brilliant. What is what on earth are you talking about? It's clearly brilliant.
Speaker 1: It does everything. I was at the end of it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I can't think of any way that film could be better, because it even brings you on the journey of the film that always comes to mind is like a good way of summarizing this thing that people do in films of you know, in the Last King of Scotland, Yes, you the beginning of love edl mean, he seems like the nicest guy. By the end you hate him, Yeah, Jojo Rabbit. I think makes you do the same thing with with what do you call it? The Nazis, because first of all the funny, the comical, and then you see the horror of it, and then you feel you feel bad for the boy, and then you feel good for the boy, and then you just it just brings you all over the place.
Speaker 1: And at the end you're just.
Speaker 3: Like, what horrendous thing, what a horrendous part of our history, But what a lovely film and what really So it was like a comedy film that makes you go, oh, well that's sad as well, it's great.
Speaker 2: And you know what I was thinking about it, like what I did understand of the people who were criticizing it, is like it's always this issue of well, you can't make anything funny or with humor about the Holocaust, and you can't humanize the Nazis and all these arguments, and I get those arguments and I think, you know, on some level I agree with that, but on and on the other hand, I sort of go, we know about or a lot of people you learn about the Holocaust, you hear about it. So doing it in the comedy way, doing it in a way like that, any way that makes you see it anew is worth doing. I think anyway that sort of is a bit I've not seen it from that angle kind of actually, Whereas if you do the same sort of tone for every Holocaust thing, it becomes you just can't take it in anymore. I think it has value doing it in a different way that might seem frivolous because it isn't.
Speaker 1: And the fact that they I think it made even more of an empire.
Speaker 3: But the fact that watching these Nazis be funny and then you see them do something horrendous and then you hate them, And it's almost like the thing of an evil person isn't going to come across as an evil person when you.
Speaker 1: First meet them. You might find them funny, you might really like them, but doesn't mean that they're not going to do something evil.
Speaker 3: That some of the Nazis must have been incredibly charming and nice to be around, but the worst human beings ever of all times. Was like, if anything that makes it more real, makes it sad or makes it more of an a feed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, when I watched that film, I was like, was it not the same? What's that Korean film that was at the same time. Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 3: That's probably why, because I watched Paris after Jojo Rabbit and I was like, it's not I'm not as good.
Speaker 1: I don't like it as much.
Speaker 2: What is the film that you can or have watched The Mouse to iver and over again.
Speaker 1: I usually see the Shining in this one.
Speaker 3: Actually, my obsession with the Shining is a bit too much, though. I've actually I've ordered the carpet from the Shining and it's in my hall and I've got a fucking picture up as well as a proper movie hole and in the background up there you probably I got like the head from Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the film actually I could probably watch more than any other one. Yes, it's my ex that's what It's scary. Stillways DNA on it though, And Interstellar really yeah, I just find it. It's so what do you call it? Cinematically beautiful? That it's one that I can just watch over and over again because it's just nice to look at, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 1: The music to it as well.
Speaker 3: It's almost like the way same way of Space Odyssey is is that in two thousand and one, it's like it's just art. It's not really a film. It's kind of just an art piece that's like a film. And I find that the Interstell has both of that. It's got obviously the film aspect, but it's also just really beautiful to look at and listen to it, right.
Speaker 2: We don't like to be too negative, so we do it fairly quickly. What's the worst film?
Speaker 1: You've said, Oh, the Thing?
Speaker 3: Then the remake of the Thing that's it's so bad, it's fucking awful. I was so angry when I went and saw that, because the first thing brilliant.
Speaker 1: Then CGI got involved.
Speaker 3: And also it doesn't make sense because the end of the remake of The Thing, she walks out of the burning building, looking all proud of ourselves that she's killed the Thing, and she walks off towards the camera as if like she's on our way to somewhere, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're in the middle of the fucking arty. You're gonna die?
Speaker 2: Are we realize it's a really dark heads just walking up to die in the art.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense. I'm just like the way that they give up with the first one. I'm just like, yeah, we're just gonna have to die. That's a sad or a child. But didn't they weren't like, yeah, fucking the Americans won again. We see the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sort of remaking is very suppressing. It's really like, if you're going to do it, you better have a real hot take on this, and it not just be it's an ip. People have heard of it. We'll just whack out another one with some CDI on top, No, thank you. What is the film? You're in comedy, you're an award winner. What's the film made you laugh the most?
Speaker 1: It's not high bro great forty all wadgin.
Speaker 2: Great film, lovely film.
Speaker 3: It's basic fucking jokes for two hours. But it really really makes me laugh. Also, it wasn't either problem of I still don't. I don't laugh out loud at a lot of stuff on TV. I hate watching comedy with someone because unless it's a comedian, because they just look around ego.
Speaker 1: But you're a comedian. Why you're not laughing? At school, people.
Speaker 3: Used to come in and then do like I hate the an command because I can't not hear my mates at school try and do that. And I saw forty Old Virgin before they did, so then it meant that I had the original in my head, not my mates trying to be funny by copying other people.
Speaker 2: That is really deep. I get it. People people really shit by getting into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop stop repating it, Stop stop trying to do the joke.
Speaker 1: You can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you watch horror on your own then? Like being scared of lying? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I I find though that it depends on like it demins me the supernatural stuff that is the thing that's going to fuck me up more when I'm alone. I don't find like a lot of horror that scary, but when it's something that seems to be supernatural and on a true story that will fuck me up, like Exorcist stuff.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Lake Mungo? No, that is my recommendation for you today that you seek out the film Lake Mungo and don't look it up, don't know anything about it, just watch it. B It's a documentary and it is fantastic, right Lake Mango see if you. I don't know where you'll find it, but you'll find it somewhere. Read nothing, watch Lake Mungo. Get back to me. Okay, will do?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Will do? Telling me what to do?
Speaker 1: God, just be a bad boy, Brett and never started.
Speaker 2: Larry Dean's Wait. When you were in your house, having a nice little time in Lockdown and you're checking up on eighty two your neighbors, and suddenly you get a knock at the door and it's an Uber driver. He says, I've got your breakfast, and you say, I actually didn't order breakfast today, and the Uber driver says, no, no, it's from a to too. They wanted to apologize because they accidentally took your breakfast out there and you go, oh, that's nice, and then you start eating it. There's something strange about this taste. Maybe it's a new delicate delicacy. And then you die because they put poison in it so that they could steal your bike lock as well. So you're in your kitchen, you're dead. You're rotting Lockdown, still going out quarantine. No one's come to find you because they're not allowed to. Eventually, the guy that you'd had a Skype date with gets in touch with me. He says, Hey, I'm thinking of writing an article for yourtur about other comedians that I've met on Skype that I'd like to criticize. What do you make of Larry D? I said, where? Hang on, when did you last see him? Anyway, I come all the way to Glasgow, break down your door. There you are in the very spot I'm looking at. You rotted to death from poison. You've been eaten by rats, A bird has put a nest in your face there is You're an absolute mess. There's more of you than I was expecting, because you started to grow like fucking muscle over all sorts of shit. Anyway, I brought this coffin that was the size of you, but you're much bigger than you were when you were alive, so I have to chop you up with a fucking kitchen knife and piling all the bits into the coffin, I stuff it all down. When I get you in there, it's absolutely ramped and there is only room in this coffin for one DVD that we can slip just in the side for you to take across to the other side, and on the other side, it's movie night every night. One night it's your movie night. What film are you showing the scary little blond guy's children in Heaven when it's your movie night.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go for message don't fire.
Speaker 2: A twist as good as the sixth sense. No one expected it any particular.
Speaker 3: Raising because I haven't mentioned that, and I thought it definitely deserves I mentioned if I was in Heaven, Heaven's and the clouds it's rain There's clouds are rain, right, it's proper best rainy day film.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves that film.
Speaker 3: I don't know anyone who could watch it and not like it, so all my new powers up in Heaven can enjoy it with me. And yeah, it's just it's got everything. I love that film. It's fucking it's sad, it's hilarious, it's.
Speaker 2: Great, lovely man. What was the third film you wanted to mention? I wouldn't let you when I said your favorite. You said I had three, and I said you can only have one.
Speaker 3: Oh, so it was like going to go Grems, the Shining and the Mask. I think I was going to go for what you mentioned the thing as well, yeah, God, because everyone I was gonna mention was the crying one because I cried weird films, So this is like an ago but I cried at liar Liar, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's sad, isn't it not?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Well, it's because he's got his kid. He wants to be a good dad and be with his kid and his wife. Thanks wife, He's so sad. I thought it was funny. Yeah, it's funny, but underneath it always trying to get rid of the princess bride Gazer say he can be back with his kids and make his kid love him again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 3: I don't like kids, but then I actually secretly love kids because I'm thinking of the films that I love are very kind of like who will love my children?
Speaker 1: Missus dont fire liar Liar, Britt, do you have a Do you have a baby with me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: And finally we've cracked therapy. This is the realization. I've been trying to get you to for an hour and let's get let's.
Speaker 3: Get you wearing a little vest, likely doing the waterals, and then it's done.
Speaker 2: I've got a bit badder. Now. Listen, Larry Dean's Wait. Thank you so much for doing this a wait. I hope you get let out soon. Good day, sir C. So that was another rewind classic. We'll be back on August ninth with ten brand new episodes. Thanks for listening. I hope you're all well. I hope you're having a lovely summer. Thank you to Scrubious Pip and the Destruction Pieces Network. Thanks to Buddy Peas for producing it. Thanks to iHeartMedia and will Feraoh's Big Money Players Network for hosting it. Thanks to Adam Richardson for the graphics and least A Laying for the photography. So that is it for now. In the meantime, have a lovely week and please be excellent to each other.
Speaker 3: Fast Outcast back, Face Bass back back
Speaker 1: Last Outcasts back