Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shaddy. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robert Dixon. Thank you so much for being here. Yes, once again. And today's my birthday. Thank you very much. Happy birthday to me. I'm the birthday girl. I'm the birthday girl, like it is your birthday. I want to be like celebrated every day. You want someone to sing happy birthdays every day, every day every day. I want to feel like it's my birthday every day.
Speaker 1: But then when it's your birthday energy, when it's your birthday, then it's not special.
Speaker 2: No, it'll it'll be like extra special.
Speaker 1: No, yes, if you celebrate your birthday every day. I did see someone something up, by the way, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you, Ron do you? Thank you?
Speaker 1: I did see some someone say that their mother's their mother's birthday is in the wintertime. Yes, and so she threw herself a birthday party in like June or July because she always, like you know, just she wanted to celebrate her birthday in the summertime.
Speaker 2: Right, so it feels right, Yeah, I was like, I like that. I like that. That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you do that, you cannot celebrate your birthday on your birthday. You can't have two birthday celebrations.
Speaker 2: Do you want to have it? A hell you won't. Well I'm not coming. I'm like if I have more than one celebration, You're like, hell no. Right.
Speaker 1: Like if you're like, if you're like, come to my birthday party on September ninth, and then you turn around and you're like, come to my birthday party on June first, I'm gonna be like, you know.
Speaker 2: How about you say what? Should just throw a party?
Speaker 1: So I just said, okay, if you if you want to have a I like, if you're a December birthday, you have summertime birthday, just okay, it's your birthday, Yes, go to dinner, whatever, but then don't have a party or a celebration or a gathering.
Speaker 2: Just delay it until you delay it. Okay. All right, I'm gonna keep y'all posts, keep you posted on that. Do you have a shady moment? I have several. I'm going to get something off my chest right here. So talk to my daughter yesterday. Yeah, Angel who goes to Spelman. Okay, I'm putting them on blasts. Typically, I don't talk about where my children are because I want to make sure that they are safe. But Spelman is like a lockdown situation. Oh no, you're not coming in and out. Okay, No, she's safe. Okay, good, but she's hot. Okay, her room last night, they have a temperature gauge in their room. Yeah, ninety one, ninety one degrees in my child's unair conditioned dorm. And Spelman, y'all think this, Okay, misery. So I talked Angel situition, it's about like fifty all in it's like fifty four. Yeah, so all it's misery. I called her. I mean, I told her I'm sending her an air conditioning unit. Right. They were like, She's like, Mommy, if you send it to me, they're gonna confiscate it. Why. Right, She was like, because you know, it's like the building can't handle the electricity. Right. Okay, So Spelman, I'm sending my child an electricity right in, an air conditioning unit. I be damned if y'all confiscated. Right, Okay, there's number one, number two, This is twenty twenty four, like why don't you all have any type of air conditioning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's insane, that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: She said she woke up like three times in the night. Yes, right, this is inhumane. Right, this is my child. You can't sleep like that. You cannot sleep like that. It is not productive. Spellman. You want to act like you're the number one HBCU in the country, really, right, you should until you get air conditioning, you're not.
Speaker 1: And so all of so your other daughters have air condition yes, Grace in Florida, she has air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh? And what's her name? Odor in Hampton air conditioning. Criminals in jail have air conditioning. Angel does not. It's a problem here. Yeah, okay, Spellman, fix its quick. I called ja Ma Brian. I said, get it, because you know he's in Atlanta. I said, get over there, yeah, drive over there right now. I'm going off. He was like, just all like God, and I'm on top of it. I'm on top of it. I said, this is ridiculous. This is the most ridiculous. Why would you even think it's okay to do it? And then then this the kicker, Spelman. It's not like y'all don't have money, right, y'all get endowment after endowment after endowment. God damn it, they fixed this so many contributions and donations. Yes, they should have like a what do you call a trailer like that that they can pull up and pump a seat into that thing. Yeah, yeah, okay, so spell may do. Y'all fix it? A mad black woman is coming, right, Okay, y'all don't want that, all right? So how have they gotten away with that for so long? I don't know. I'm just like, who are the other mothers that haven't said enough is enough? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I remember I went to Maryland freshman year. I did not have air conditioning.
Speaker 2: I think we have to put our fans in the window. She angel has nine fans in my little last room. Nine nine fans. I'm like so pissed off. Yeah, that's crazy, And it got so sweet. She's like, well, mom, they said it's gonna be okay in October. Goddamn it, it's our September.
Speaker 1: It's September, so I assume the building it's it's like it's old, right, It's really old.
Speaker 2: It's been there forever.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how they can actually put an air conditioning unit.
Speaker 2: In it in the building.
Speaker 1: Well, but they should do something to improve the electricity so that they can handle the load of the of the air conditioning unit.
Speaker 2: Yes, or just put a bomb in the building and start over. I'm down with that. But what we're not gonna do is this. Yeah, this is this is terrible. Okay, but that's not even my shady moment. This is my shady So yes, spell me your shady I have spell I have shady moment Part two. Okay, Okay, I went on a date, yeah recently, Okay, to our place, Xenia. You were around the corner from me. That's my shady moment. Wait a minute. In the entire time, I'm looking at the door because I'm like, if Robin walks in right now, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 2: Is my shady moment. Okay, I'm on a date. I was on a date. So what you could have been like, come come meet me in the bathroom. I should have I'm about to tell you why. So I went on a date with this guy out of I was set up through a person because Erica set me up with this guy. He's friends with a guy Eric knows she's never met this guy. Okay, so cool shady, okay, right right, it's getting it's getting worse. So we get there and I picked the place. He gets there before me. We sit down and you know, they're all excited because we go in there all time, so they're all excited that I'm there. So we sit down and he's kind of like talking softly, and he kind of just was like, hey, you know, I got something to oh. You know, I kind of had a rough day. And I was like okay, and he said, yeah, you know, I went to the dentist and they didn't like really have everything ready for me. So I was like, what does that mean. He was like, all right, I didn't get my tooth. He does not have a tooth in the front of his mouth. He does not have a tooth in the front of his mouth. And I said to him, because I'm like, mind you, I'm with my people, I'm at a restaurant, they know me, and I'm sitting there with a man with no tea. So I was like, player you, why didn't you reschedule this? Like? Why am I eating with a man with no teeth? This is oh? I was done behind you. The restaurant is packed. Everybody's like look glancing at the table, and I'm like so embarrassed. So oh, the manager, I mean at the owner comes to me. He was like heyes, a because there was a table in the corner that just walked got up. He's like, I'm gonna move you guys to the corner. O. Great, Great. I don't want anyone to see us with one ever one tooth.
Speaker 1: And it looking now where you now, you can like only look at the fact that he has.
Speaker 2: No two yes, And I don't care if he gets a whole new set of thirty two teeth right, I'll never be able to get that out of my mind that I saw you with the fact that you don't have teeth. So you didn't notice it until he told you. Well, because the way that his mouth is formed, like in order for me to see it, he laughed, Like when he laughed, I could see that he doesn't have a tooth in the front of his mouth. So I immediately I'm like wanting to call Erica. I'm like so uncomfortable. I'm like trying to get through it. I'm like counting down the time. I'm like, you know, I'm like counting down. All right, bring me my food right now so I can eat, so I can leave. Oh, and he's like, oh my gosh, I can't. Oh this is what he says to me in the date. He was like, he was like, yeah, you know, I'm really really you're looking for like like the woman. He was like the Michael Jordan of women, And oh my god, what he was like looking at me, like he found the Michael Jordan of women. So I was like, are you the Bulls Organization? Are you Phil Knight? I was like, you might be wanting to look for Scottie Pippen, right, like somebody on the bench like what are you talking? You don't have a tooth? Blair, like what? And you want to look for Jordan's you don't have a toe the Michael Jordans of women, I said, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: That actually is worse than the Coretta Scott King like, right, that's worse than he's.
Speaker 2: Looking for the Michael Jordan of women? And right, and what is he of men? That's a cook? I should have asked him, is he of men? Bugs? Bunny? And something like what the hell? Roger rabbit? All right, you don't have a tooth. You don't. You're not looking for anything. You don't have teeth. Why are we on a date? Why didn't you cancel? I was? And what happened to his tooth? Anyway? I don't know, but it's at the dentist apparently. Yeah, he should have canceled, should have rescheduled.
Speaker 1: That rescheduled like you like like you get one shot, one shot, You get one shot to make a great and first pression.
Speaker 2: And you blew it, player, you blew it. I never actually want to see you again. Oh my god. Yes, and he's a nice guy. Yeah, funny we you know, we keep keyed a little bit.
Speaker 1: But like, okay, so you can't so you can't say, like, oh, well, you know, I appreciate for him for being raw, and.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. He said, I thought you'd give me credit for being what do you say, confident enough to come without a tooth? Okay? What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone to be that goddamn confident. No.
Speaker 1: No, that's like, once you've been married for like three years, then then you can roll around me with your years thirty thirty year marriage and you can you could come home without a tooth, Damn it.
Speaker 2: Until then. No, maybe he was testing you to see what to see how you would react to him not having a tooth. He'll never know, I'll never see him again. Did he follow up with you after? Of course? And he was like, so you know, oh no at the date? Okay, so that day, the dead day was a Friday, saying, he says, so, you know, like, what you doing tomorrow? I said tomorrow? I said what? Like? He's like, you know, if you're not busy tomorrow, maybe we can hang out, he said. I said, I think I'm busy. He said Sunday. I said, what player what? I'm busy for life? You don't have teeth, I said. I feel like saying, do you know who I am? You're not curious to see how he looks with the tooth? No, I'm not. No, I listen, he not for me. He's for someone else. He's not for Jazelle Bryant's I mean, is he rich? I have no idea. No, he's not. I don't say that. Okay, yeah, my my my account is probably larger than his. Okay, okay, moving on, those are my two shady moments.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Okay, So my shady moment. This is like kind of like it happened a couple of weeks ago. But our recent post about how many blocked accounts do we have, like yeah, just kind of four thousand?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes and clearly And I said this in the comments section. Stop asking me to ask Robin to unblock you, right.
Speaker 1: Leave me out of this. But but people will ask me the same for you. I mean I had a guy message me that same day. He's like, yeah, I said, your I told your friend some I told her somebody in like the yellow dress she had on, and she blocked me, and you tell her I'm blocked or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what he said.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, but I'll have people message me and say, I think I don't know why she blocked me.
Speaker 2: Can you ask her to unblock me? I'm like, no, she's not going to.
Speaker 1: Now like no, I'm sorry, but no one is going to. Like now, go into their settings and they're blocked message list and then type in a name and I'm blocklocked. Like it's never happened. Once you're blocked, you're blocked, you're blocked. It's done. So speaking of being black, I think I need.
Speaker 2: To block my mom.
Speaker 1: What not gladys why I want to block her from my page and from reason reasonably shady page.
Speaker 2: I got why. She called me one day.
Speaker 1: She was like, so, why did you need sixty four forks? And I was like, I'm like, are you calling to talk? This what you're calling me?
Speaker 2: She's like she wants to know? She was like yes.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I was like, we ran out of forks and we need a fork. She was like, and you took sixty four forks And I was.
Speaker 2: Glad, it's get her. Get her. Yes, sweet Green, I get coming for You're coming for you, Sweet Green. Appreciate it. I've been eaten all my sweet Green. Yes, we went to Sweet Green too. So she was like, Rob, don't do that. You should not be doing that.
Speaker 1: I said, this is what you're calling me for. I said, this is the only reason you call me for. It's like guess I said, okay, Well, I'm going to hang up now, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm blocking her.
Speaker 1: She has one more time, one more time to question more time, but you do what is yes, and you're blocking her.
Speaker 2: You damn she's getting blocked. Yes, it's hot out here in the streets, like I'm forty five years old. Okay, but she can question why you did something. She should not have judgment on it, but she can question it. That's your mom.
Speaker 1: No, if I'm sharing it, that means I don't give up what anyone thinks.
Speaker 2: I have no shame, like mother, I don't care. Gladys. You can call me. I'll tell you why Robin did it? Okay, just call me. I can't. I don't give about my mom. And I'm gonna say right now, Ma, I care. You can call me and ask me. Really my mother your mother. So if your mother questions you about something that you all the time and you just like, ma, what stop? Right? Stop?
Speaker 1: Okay, goodbye, this conversation is over over, Yes, like what time you picking my kids up? Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know the end? The end? All that? That's funny. Okay. So we're about to approach next week our one hundred and fiftieth Yes.
Speaker 1: This is our one hundred and forty ninth reasonably shady episode. That's a major feat. It is out here in the truth. I'm major yes for people like us. It is like, what do you mean people like us?
Speaker 2: Well, this is like not our primary job, right.
Speaker 1: There are some people. First of all, have you seen these podcast deals that some of these people are you.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Kelsey and now, I mean Travis Kelsey and his brother what's his brother name, Jason? Jason, Jason and Travis got was one hundred fifty million.
Speaker 1: Hu, I think this is one hundred million, one hundred million dollar podcast and then the Call Her Daddy podcast got what like one hundred and fifty millions?
Speaker 2: So I like that. Okay, black Effect, Hello, black Effects. Like, so when we renegotiate our contract, we're coming up really real high. Okay, we're coming in. We're coming in hard into pain. One hundred million. Yes, listen, black Effects, Charlemagne, Right, Charlamagne, you owe us something.
Speaker 1: Those those deals are insane, but you know, kudos to them, yes, and us We're coming for it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so when it's like not your primary job, you know, and it's not Travis's by the way, well he just okay, let's let's be real. Yeah, why does he have this one hundred million dollar podcasts because his girlfriend's girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: With I mean, I don't know, I'm sure it's entertaining. I've never listened to it. I've seen maybe clips sometimes. Yeah, I think people might actually like his brother better than him.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I think his brother is like really supposedly really funny. Yeah, and I could see that, yeah, just like and I think it's very masculine based. Yeah, hold on testoster going on there? Yeah? Yeah, but still, I mean, you know, anyway, what is your point? What's going on here? You asked?
Speaker 1: We started to talk about one hundred and fifty episodes is a major peach? It is, right? And I said, yes, especially for people like us, Yeah, who this is?
Speaker 2: Who don't This is not.
Speaker 1: Our primary job, right, not our primary source of income, you know whatever? Yeah, right, for us to be consistent and growing and continue to deliver great podcasts, and you know we have you know, hopefully we won't be stopping anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I haven't wanted to quit, like you know right nowhere in this one hundred and fifty have I wanted to be like, Okay, I'm done, right, I'm tired of talking, right exactly? Yeah, no, exactly?
Speaker 1: Think about like, have there been how many episodes of the Real Housewives of Potomac?
Speaker 2: Have there been over one hundred? No? Yeah, we passed one hundred. Oh, is it. Yeah, a past hundred I think I think season eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a little over one hundred and you probably wanted to quit.
Speaker 2: One hundred times, yeah, one hundred dinads. Yeah, but that's still growing and it's thriving over there. But I've never I've never said to myself, oh, I don't want to do the podcast right ever? Yeah, yeah, so that's a blessing. Yeah, it's awesome. Yeah, thank you to everyone.
Speaker 1: So because we're so appreciative, I'm so excited about the our milestone.
Speaker 2: We have a little giveaway. We have a little giveaway. Yeah, and listen to the instruction owns. We've got a couple of rules and regulations. I think we're giving away something because you know, Robin don't want to give away nothing to ever, So thank god that is not true.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So in honor of the Reason Shady one hundred and fiftieth episode, we're doing a giveaway.
Speaker 2: Prizes.
Speaker 1: You will win is a one hundred and fifty dollars gift card like a Visa gift card. Yes, so cash, however you want to spend it? Right, that's coming out of me and Jazelle's pocket.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and you know how Robin feels about that. No, we know how Jazelle feels. Really, I'm the cheap one exactly.
Speaker 1: Some reasonably shady merch Okay, okay, love that could be a paddle, a mug, a T shirt or hoodie. Yes, I love that, and a personalized message from Robin and Joseelle.
Speaker 2: Yes. So how do they go about winning this giveaway?
Speaker 1: So for them to win the giveaway, they have to be following reasonably shady on Instagram boot, they have to subscribe to our YouTube channel, Blue Blue. They have to tag a friend in the comments. Every tag counts as an entry, and you have to share this, share the post in your story and tag us yes, and you'll earn an extra entry for every share. Okay, okay, I love that. So we are going to post and it's how do we pick the winner? It's like a random it's random picker.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like, oh my god, No, that means Mohammed is going to be like dmming me, like Jessee I gotta win, like me Me is gonna DM me Jesse, I gotta be the winner.
Speaker 1: Like people are gonna be like the Ali Hawkin me, the Alli Hawkins family. They're coming for me, they're gonna like okay, so really we're just randomizing this, okay, we're not know it's like no, it's like a system, like like a it goes into it. There's like an app, so the computer picks yes, thank god.
Speaker 2: Ye so so noing, so sorry everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we cannot, you know, pick your name because we are putting it in an app, which is like a comment picker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I am taking bribes okay that part. Y'all want to send me a little cash yet?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, exactly right FO one hundred and fifty dollars, Yes, so I can just give it back to you exactly.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so make sure that you're a you are tuning into our reasonably shady Instagram account so that you can enter to win the contest celebrating hour one hundred and fiftieth episode.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, moving on to other bigger and snippier things. So I want to talk about vaseectimes because oh wait, didn't we talk about that already? You and I talked about it. We talked about it offline, dude, I thought to be at it was offline? Oh yes, okay, okay, yeah, we just talked about it so okay, I'm curious and we want to hear from our male listeners. Okay, why do you want to talk about vaseectimes? Somebody I know might want to get one, okay, and I need this is intel, Okay, I mean I'm not having any kids, okay, Yes, So I asked someone close to me that I know that has had one. Okay, And because the curiosity was, if there's no more sperm, right, then the right has got to be different, yes, right, right, I would assume. Yeah, And he's like, well, you can't see the sperm, so there's still like the sensation, yes, but there, but the sperm is dead, but there's no nothing comes out yet. No, that's what I'm saying. So I was thinking nothing's coming out right, He's like, no, it's still you still get a squirt, right, but there's just nothing in the squirt. What Because it's because the sperm is microscopic.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there, so the the liquid that comes out right is not technically sperm, but there are sperm in the liquid the ejaculation or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you still get the liquid okay, but and it's still like forceful okay. Okay, So we're asking guys to like, let us know whether we're talking correct or and correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, if you've had a a sect me, or really, if you've had a asseect me, has it changed your sex life?
Speaker 2: Like yes? Or in what way? Yeah? And in what way? Right? For the for the better?
Speaker 1: Right? And she's asking this because yes, someone she's talking to you wants to protect me.
Speaker 2: And she's like, is it how and what's that gonna do for me? Wait a minute, what's the down time? Right? What's the downtime? That's that's a good question, right is it from? Because I've heard different things. I heard it's two weeks downtime. Huh to heel up, Yeah, I've heard two months. Okay, what's the downtime? Okay, yeah, okay, the end, that's it right, So let us not By the way, I actually saw something recently on Instagram. It was a video of this old couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like old, old and wrinkly okay, and they have like a three year old.
Speaker 2: Whose egg is that? And true?
Speaker 1: And they said, well they might have been you know some people age little rougher.
Speaker 2: Okay, So anyway, so they look old.
Speaker 1: So in the in the caption, they're like, yeah, we have a twenty five year old or twenty three old, twenty one year old, and my husband got a vasectomy and now we have a three year old.
Speaker 2: Yeah with what egg? She's lying.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's it's it's so the vasectomy sometimes, oh it doesn't work, not work, yes, or kids or reverses. So so it worked clearly for however many years and then stopped working.
Speaker 2: Or she got pregnant by someone else. About the ups many are the ups man who has hot them things is sexy. I'd be on my so you know how we feel about the ups man because you you have hit me. Yes, So when I'm not home and they come, I just be watching them on my camera. I'm like, oh, sexy, yes, get into a ups Yeah, she lying right, she is gotten impregnated by someone else, because I don't know, I mean they were, they were. I think that that happening is like niney nine point nine percent.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, It probably doesn't happen often, but there's a chance it could happen. So I'm just telling you, Oh, it's right.
Speaker 2: You don't have them, you don't have a uterus. Yes, okay, she's not like getting pregnant, all right. I have no eggs, no nothing, I have no carry all right.
Speaker 1: I was you know, I was worried. I was thinking, he's worried. Yeah, and then I realized.
Speaker 2: You don't have yeah, And I haven't pregnated the world. I mean, I have not impregnant populated. I haven't populated the world. You've populated. Okay, So, speaking of breaking up, I watched the j Lo documentary. I needed to because a girlfriend of my calm. Have you seen that documentary. It's the making of that movie, not a movie. It was making of a music video, slash movie. But so there's a documentary of the making of that, right, And it was like talking about her relation, her love, her relationship with Ben. That's the movie, but it was the documentary was like behind the scenes. So they just like talking. I've been married four times now. I used to be terrified to be alone. I didn't know what to say to by myself. I am decided to tell my story and I've never shared with anybody in the world. This is the only interesting part of it, because I was just like, I want to see if there were signs here that this was going left. Yes, the entire thing is a sign that one why because Ben said, I don't like this, this, this I don't like every five seconds our life is on display. Okay, this man used to write her love letters. She kept them and put them in a book. She took the book and gave it to producers oh god, and said make a video. Oh gosh. And so they are then asking Ben about the things that he said in the letters, and he's like, what letters? What y'all read that? What? Like it's so cringe worthy to you? Okay. All this man wanted to do was love her and peace. Wow, he can't have no peace. Right now. I'm not saying Ben is innocent here. I'm sure he's got issues. We all do. But Ben tried to tell you, j Low, he wanted to marry you in peace. But he moved forward with it even after that totally. Then he rationalized in his head and he said he made some analogy like you know, you can't tell a fisherman that you hate water, right, Like, if you're got married a fisherman, you got to really understand. Okay. So he was willing to bend. He was willing to bend because he was basically saying, like all this social media shit and like you know, you having to put every second on display. I have to understand. So yeah, but enough is enough? Yeah you know what I mean? Enough is enough. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe he you know, I don't know, maybe he thought he could handle it, right, Yeah, he thought like, Okay, I can, I can.
Speaker 2: This is what it is. This is what I'm signing up for her. I love her so much.
Speaker 1: Did they Okay? Outside of that though, I remember just seeing them all the time being like so super affectionate, you know.
Speaker 2: So she was trying to get other celebrities to like be in this movie thing. So they show her calling Jane Fonda of her asking Jane Fonda to be in it, and Jane was like, I don't know, like why are you doing this? Like every time we see you guys, y'all are like all kissing and like, why are you putting all that out there? Like Jane was trying to tell you, girl, and you would refuse. So she's like, oh, that's just us. The entire thing was ego. Oh wow, you were doing this based off of ego, Jennifer right, and it cost you your.
Speaker 1: Marriage and she liked she probably now looking back, really liked that attention that that got like all of the public displays of affection. Yeah, she liked that, yes, because we know that she likes to be in public.
Speaker 2: But at what cost? Somebody emailed us one time and was like, what is that with all the jalo hate? I gotta find the thing. It's in one of these Okay, So did did did we tell people how to Oh? Yeah, we told him how to tag and post it all. We did it already. All right. Can we talk about the DNC because that was like a moment, Okay, the Democraticational Committee. We talked how many weeks ago? Was that it was a very long time ago. But I just want one thing to say. Okay, okay, that was a little while ago, y'all. But it was like the best thing that we had ever seen in a very long time. I know. They had DJ. Know if you bring a DJ anywhere, it just gets better. Yes, So that's like a should be a theme for life. Oh, bring a DJ with you. All you need is a DJ. Well, that's like back in the day, people used to walk walk around with the boom box on the shoulder, right, Yes, and they were called crazy, I think no.
Speaker 1: They would walk down the street, yes, and as they're walking everyone your mood would live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like and you feel good about yourself? Yeah yeah, I just felt like, you know, a DJ changes everything, and.
Speaker 1: That's why I travel with my little speaker all the time.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: You know, people won't be mad at me for playing somebody's words on the speaker, like, no, the speaker is.
Speaker 2: Life, the speaker is light. Yes, listen, I'm sure that other people on the other side, which they had thought of it, but the Democratic National Convention thought of it first, right. Whoever put that together was genius. And life should be about a DJ. All you need, I'm gonna start dating a DJ. Okay, yeah, all right, he's gonna he's gonna play music to get my panties off. Yes, that's probably not hard, right, So so you know what, it's funny. You should not say that the whole.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, I should not say that, but you know it's funny.
Speaker 2: When I was watching it, I've never sat and watched a roll call. No, like, I've never done that.
Speaker 1: And we literally sat there and for I sat there for an hour or so watching a roll call.
Speaker 2: But like, why, how why hasn't it been to tune of a DJ? Yeah, like it's a roll call, like roll call, Like, okay, so black colleges, if there's ever a roll call, I'm making this up. It's always music involved. I mean, it's always a beat involved. Yes, so yeah, give me the beat. Yeah. Yeah. They now they have to do every year now every four years. Yeah, I know. But can you can you imagine though I hate to say it, and this is we're like, this was a few weeks ago. Can you imagine if Joe Biden was our nominee? No roll call? Right, no DJ that would not have worked out? And can you imagine that? No? I cannot. I love you Joe. We oh no, we do love Joe. I know Joe is you know. We just want him to rest, that's all. I just want Joe to just you know, I want him to be able to eat his apple sauce and go to bed when he feels like it. All right, So this is for you. So there has been a lawsuit because of the Ring camera. Oh so they have been sued by thousands of ring doorbell owners because they were hacked. Right. Oh, so I'm letting they were hacked and then you know, people's information was put out there. So I want to let you know that if I get this email because I have the ring. Okay, I get if I get this email. Yes, oh, I'm feeling out all the in from it. You want to sign up? What I get my money? Why? Why for that one? Well, I'm well, okay, I'm changing my tune, all of them moving forward, because you got your five dollars, I'm gonna put in.
Speaker 1: And now that Girell got by the way, his name is Jarrell.
Speaker 2: He actually posted. We didn't say his name is Jerrell. No, you know from Jerrold. You read his letter and you were like Jerrold and I was like, no, it's Jerrell. Okay, no, it is Jarrell.
Speaker 1: Of course you're round. So yes, he posts. He posted and tagged me in his story said he what do you call that thing?
Speaker 2: Phonetically spelled it?
Speaker 1: I mean it is phonetically spelled jire Girell Jared.
Speaker 2: That rhymes fire jay. So ring, I'm coming for you. I'm signing up. I'm getting my money good the end. By the way, I signed up for one the other day. It was Nike. Uh huh. It was like, I don't know Nike stock tanked and so oh I don't have Nike stock. You don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have Nike stock and it tanked, and I'm supposed to get some money for that and I signed up for it.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna get money because the stock I don't I didn't read all the words. You didn't read all those just a fine friends. Yeah, it's like if you have if you have Nike stock, that fill this out? Okay, yeah, okay before you read that, it's the last thing I have to say. So South Korea, because this is the falls in line with the fact that this man went on a date with me he didn't have a tooth. Yeah, I might move to South Korea because they're paying people thirty eight thousand dollars to find a husband or a wife. Wait, south Korea, thirty eight thousand dollars to find me a husband? Okay, so that would alleviate me having to go on dates with people with no teeth.
Speaker 1: But they're paying, they're pretty much they're encouraging people to get married. Yes, So is that alleviating you from Well, they might they might have a dating pool that they put together.
Speaker 2: Is that what it really? Maybe? I think they're just it's like an incentive to get married, right, so oh so then yeah, okay, now my way so then now now it's just like Lottie died and everybody trying to exactly no never right.
Speaker 1: So you so at least he at least he's just missing one tooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be missing all teeth hard right down. Teeth are important people, and me of all people, as much as I'm like, oh my god, teeth are important and your teeth got to be white and blah blah blah, you show up with not one right right here in the front right snag on. That's crazy, that's crazy. Okay, I have a random question for you. Yeah, and by the way, it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yes, So on your birthday, can you think of any weird purchases that you that you've made.
Speaker 2: That purchase lately?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like random weird I can, I can probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you have?
Speaker 1: So I recently purchased a cameltoe cover?
Speaker 2: Okay, you can explain to people what cameltoe is. I will. Okay, So let's say you have ladies have on leggings and you can see like the imprint of their vagina. Yes, that is called cameltoe.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so I have a problem, Like I swear, I feel like every legging I put on gives me cameltoe, It doesn't give you cameltoe.
Speaker 2: You can just you just have cameltoe in those leggings. Right, So what does the camelto stopper look like?
Speaker 1: It's like a piece of like silicone. It's like a a silicone like pad kind of yes, Okay, yes, it's like it's almost like a silicone pantyliner.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. And you just like put it in the you know, in the front air the front area. Does that make you sweat? So I tried it on. Does it does it adhere to Yes?
Speaker 1: So there's like a sticky okay, Right, So so I just like tried it on to see like, okay, am I gonna like go out with this and it you know, you look in a mirror like, oh okay, that works, Like I don't see my camel toe. But I'm just like this ship is going to make me sweat.
Speaker 2: Bullets, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, So, yeah, so yeah, I might not have cameltoe, but I'm gonna be freaking I'm gonna have a big old sweat.
Speaker 2: Puddle, yes, in my crutch. Yeah. So, so which one is better? Cameltoe or sweat? Puddle. They both suck. I can't like the camelto.
Speaker 1: I'm so conscious of it, like I have it right now, but because I'm sitting down, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, but like you have to think the pad on it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no cameltoe right now. Okay, these leggings give me cameto. But there's some leggings that it's I think it's because I have a long torso and so.
Speaker 2: Oh so you have to pull up your pants higher. Yes, and it's yeah coochie area. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I wish some leggings companies would make leggings for like longer torsos.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying. Like then he's like really addressed this problem for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a huge problem. Yes, but I was so desperate that I went on Amazon. I went on Amazon and I searched for cameltoe covers and I found him.
Speaker 2: Wow is that crazy? This so this is really a thing. It's really a thing. I think you can search anything on Amazon. Yeah, is so crazy. Anytime it's just like.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, you think it's something that you need and you go on Amazon and it's there.
Speaker 2: And it's there, and then you buy it and it comes like the next day. Yes, it's amazing. I can't really think of anything I think recently I bought. I'm still actually still waiting for it to come. Like a big thing of cinnamon because they say that if you put that on your trash can, the raccoons will not. Oh, it's a distract, distract, deterrent for live animals. Okay, yeah, all right, I'll like you to know how that work. Yeah, let me know how that work. Yeah, because the deer is the zest. Yeah, so cinnamon is for raccoons. Okay, Yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's good to know, very good to know. Okay, So I have a letter to read. This is a follow up for from something that you talked about on the podcast. So this says Aloha. My name is Floyd and I'm from Hawaii and I love you too. I've listened to all one hundred and forty seven episodes you have done and cannot get enough. I listened on my way to work and from work and pretty much anytime I'm in my car. Robin, I'm so said you will not be on rhop. They're making a huge mistake.
Speaker 2: I'm writing I know when it premieres. I'm not telling so I'm gonna tell Robin Lade.
Speaker 1: Okay, yay, any day noway, ain't coming. I'm writing you folks because Gizelle you said you came to Hawaii and we don't know about personal space.
Speaker 2: I'm writing, don't come with me. No, No, he's just inform me, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm writing to inform you folks that yes, it is a cultural thing. Oh really, Okay, we come close to share the aloha spirit and we welcome you into our ohana, meaning we love you like family.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It is like a term of endearment. And it's not mean to be intrusive. Now, if they were in your face being rude, that would have been a different story totally, but seems that was not the case. No, anyways, love you too so much, and you should come to the island of Oahu and do a show.
Speaker 2: I would be there that way, okay. So okay, so I wasn't crazy, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: This and actually we got two letters about Hawaii. It's another one I should find it explaining the you're talking about the lani. Then the person that, yes, that bought all the land, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were they mad about it too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there was it was them colonizing pretty much like almost like gentrification type of situation.
Speaker 2: Which I don't think is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I have a question for you. Yep, this is from Coco, Hi, ladies. My question is for Giselle. What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins? And do you have a history of twins in your family?
Speaker 2: I think I've talked about this now, yeah, maybe. So when I found out I was having twins, I was Grace was ten months old. Okay, so a ten month old cannot walk, cannot pee in a toilet or poop in a toilet, and I was pregnant, and I went to the doctor and now I did a sonogram and they were like, you're having two more and I cried, like bent over, crying, like standing up, bent over, like yes. And so I'm screaming at the lady at the sonogram lady, who is a nondescript sonogram lady. I'm like, what the shit, Like what do you mean? I was like, I have a ten month old at home. So she was like a lady, I don't care. Like she just was like get out of here. So went into my car and cried big tears and then I called Jamal and he was like yay. Of course he says yay, because what diaper has he changed? So I really thought I was being punished for something that I did. And then when they got here, I thought I was really being punished. But now it's the best thing that ever happened to me. It is, Yes, totally. And there's twins. So Jamal's grandmother was a twin. Okay, I think my grandfather's brothers were twins. There's twins in there somewhere. So we had it on both sides. Okay, okay, yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 1: And so did you when you were like, you know, having when you were thinking about having kids or getting pregnant because you think there was a possibility of you having twins.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know. I didn't know Jamal's grandmother mother was a twin. God, I was like, wow, now's the time to tell me. Yeah, but they have been like the biggest blessing that's ever happened to me in my entire life. Yes, so I feel that I feel you on that. Okay.
Speaker 1: Here's another letter, Hi, Robin and Jozelle. This is from kristin Mount Castle. Just thought i'd give an honest report. Oh shit, I know that's what I said when I first saw them. Okay, oh gosh, she says, I've always been a supporter of Robin, and Mama has always been a supporter of Gazelle.
Speaker 2: Wook because it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yes, each of us feeling indifferent about the other, but I feel safe in saying that because once the both of us started listening to your podcast, we now.
Speaker 2: Love both of you.
Speaker 1: Hey, yay, much love to you, Giselle, and sending love from my mama to Robin. We truly appreciate getting a tiny glimpse of your lives from your narration. If your perspectives could be filmed as two hilarious entrepreneurs who devotingly mother two different gendered active families, that would be far more interesting. Sincerely, Kristen M. So, it's so funny, like when I first saw the first line, just thought I'd give it on support home.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, but now that's sine people. It's weird because people, I mean, we are similar, but we are very different, and people pick up on it. Even with the edited Potomac right, it might be a little harder to pick up. I would think it'd be a little harder pick up like differences in people. Yeah, but no you can catch it like right away, right, yes, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I also you know, and this is like just one of the gripes that I think most people have about reality TV is that you really get like ten percent of the person, yes, you know, or like they they really dictate what they want to show you. So while you know, the Robin that you see on the podcast is the robin that shows up to film, they don't. They might not necessarily show that all the time. Yeah, because that's I'm not that robin is not really worrying about the drama. You know, it's more like we're just having fun.
Speaker 2: And I always say, like if you if on Potomac, if you see yourself being great, that's one hundred percent of me. But if I'm not right, that's five percent, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they show you what they want to show you, and they really, you know, I don't know, they got to they have a a show to make about drama and conflict and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: But it's entertainment, people, it's entertainment. Yes, you want one more? Yeah, well, yeah, give us one moment short one okay, because this is my birthday. I got to get out of here. I have things to do people. Okay, so this is just like a this is like a WTF. Okay, I love wtfs.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just like where this is? What are we doing in this world?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, So.
Speaker 1: Lauren Cavalaro, she said, high ladies. I came across this post on Instagram the other day and immediately thought you could use it for one of your Instagram chronicle segments. Apparently, have you seen this? Sexy Red has a lip gloss line and the names she gave each one are crazy, like disgustingly nasty. I don't listen to her music, but I was shocked at the names. I can only imagine it was disgusting. Okay, give me too, I'll give you the names.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we have for y'all. For those who don't know who Sexy Red is, she's an rapper, female rapper, yes, young, yes, who raps about I don't know. Pussy swallowing semen, yes, coucie juice and licking kuccie Okay, booty.
Speaker 1: Whole brown what mm hmm nut nut hm, pussy whole pink.
Speaker 2: Because she stole that from Beyonce, What Beyonce and why Beyonce song? She said, we're gonna paint the town pussy pink? Oh yeah really yeah? She does in the non yeah version, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but it didn't make me think of a lipstick of like nass of like raunchy.
Speaker 2: No, no, yes, no yellow discharge?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? What?
Speaker 2: Who? Okay? Yes for ellipstick? Yes? Got three? More right? Who wants to put that on their lips? Right? Gonorrhea, sexy Red, there's something wrong here? What blue balls? Blue balls? And last but not least sex on my period? I can't, I can't. I'm done. I am done, Sexy Red, you have disturbed my birth What has happened in this world? Yes? Yes, totally ruined. He has ruined my birthday. She has ruined your birthday. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They're like so they're like the real kind of sheer, like a juicy stew kind of color. So they're not like, you know, so.
Speaker 2: There's like funny that's not cute.
Speaker 1: No, So there's like a blue one for blue balls, there's a green one for gonorrhea. There's like, yeah, there's a whitish one.
Speaker 2: I'm disgusted yellow and I don't want, you know, to be like sweet sweet Green, Like we stole from Sweet Green. They send us a gift card. We're trashing sexy red. We do not want these glosses. We don't okay at all. Ever, We're we love y'all. Don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady. Your boats Bunny. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady