Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 1: He is hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: It's Monday. I don't know. It's not victory Monday. It's not exciting Mondays on any of those Mondays. But it's Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. We're here. You have a lot of essay real quick.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's actually Tuesday. Oh, today is Tuesdayday. That tells you all you need to know. Right here, off to a great start. It is Twoday. Think this is my boy right here. It's a lot of Look at the TOTEDO Championship Plaza outside in front of the Ford Center. Shannon is not here, but it is currently seventy degrees. The high seventy two, the low forty three winner is finally showing up a little bit. See how my boy took care of me all O the time, you take your phone out, you do weather, you do.
Speaker 4: All that stuff. You know what I mean? You didn't.
Speaker 3: This is why this is my boy. This is why he is who he is to me and will always.
Speaker 4: Be that jess on that one to me.
Speaker 3: That is Kurt my boy. In the back is Chris being keeping it love on local this day, I'm salt pepper poppy. Together we make hang it with the boy. The sports talk equivalent the brow people.
Speaker 4: Speak.
Speaker 3: The second is brought to you each and every day by wing stopping flavor gets its. We are without shaying today he is off doing some other things.
Speaker 5: Where did you get the shirt? Man?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Someone made this shirt for me? Look at that one made this shirt for me? Man?
Speaker 4: Soh so we don't get one?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I got?
Speaker 6: You know, come on, man, you know you know we don't care.
Speaker 3: You know I'm gonna take care of y'all. You know I'm gonna take care of y'all. You know you know I don't get nothing for free and don't bring nothing back to the pack. I got y'all. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: I got y'all sports talk equivalent.
Speaker 3: But you know you know what it is, man, you know what it is.
Speaker 4: It Just feel me when I speak.
Speaker 3: Me feel us.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: This is this an I in team and the original. The original was I but I brought it to the group to make it we you know what I'm saying, Like, I brought it into the group for us to to make it a we thing. Cowboys. It was another game, fifth game in a row. Interesting stat Out of the four major North American sports Basketball, football, hockey, baseball, the Cowboys are the only team in any sport North American sport that has not won a home game in the year of twenty.
Speaker 5: Twenty four, oh.
Speaker 3: Dating all the way back to the playoff game against the Green Bay Packers, the Cowboys are zer for six at home and the year of twenty twenty four. This year at home, this season at home, they have been outscored by like twenty five points at home.
Speaker 5: That is crazy per game average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, average, per game they've been a scored twenty five points. When you add in what happened last night quick rundown. Shannon's not here, but he did send us. And I'm only doing this because you guys know, when you sit in this seat, you have to make it about you. And so we had our scores and predictions. Uh. The final score of the game last night was thirty four to ten. You guys, know who won the uh the score right? Yeah, yep, man, go ahead and get that powder right there on my back.
Speaker 5: I got it right.
Speaker 3: On the I almost got it right on the money. The final score, like I said, was thirty four to ten. My prediction was Texans thirty five, Cowboys nine. So yeah, that was that was That was pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I needed to talk to Vegas, right. I did not hit on my pick though. My pick was. I said. My stat was that Tankdlle had eighty yards in a touchdown. Uh, he did not have it, but it wasn't necessary. They had everything else that they wanted in that football game. So where do you guys want to start? Man, just give me your overall I'll start with you. Just give me your overall thoughts of what you saw last night, what you felt in that football game.
Speaker 6: We just continued, Jesse Kurt to be very very inconsistent. Whether it's our offensive line once again, our defense it's hell fast right into the half, our offense once again fell apart, did not give them any help, and it just wore.
Speaker 4: Down our defense.
Speaker 6: You know, bad play, off side holding, whatever dependalty may be. That's us at the most and opportune time. You open the game with a screen what for seventy plus yards and that right there, that's us. We have a sixty four yard field goal. We call it off. We marched down instead of trying to make sure we get the three points where we'd be in the game coming.
Speaker 4: Out of a half. Huh, we go for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you know, and all of a sudden, we once again, I don't know about that punt team. Once again we think we're part of the offense instead of being a part of the defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know what it was. When I went back and I watched Uh. I watched the game this morning after I worked out, and the first play the game that you're talking about, Nico Collins takes the seventy seven yard screen to the house. For those at home, go back and watch the game right now. There was a penalty on that play. They said that larn Mee talks to the left tackle was an illegal man down the field, maybe like a yard ahead of where he should have banked it before the ball was caught. Go back and watch Laramie Tounson. He blocks Marius Leafil as he's blocking Mayor lea foul. He then with his off hand goes and blocks Malik Hooker. He's blocking two cowboy defenders at the same time as Nico Collins runs by his block for seventy seven yards. Like he has two NFL football players. We're talking about the guys who are playing at the highest level, the one percent of one percent. Now, Laramy Tonsil is good. He ain't that damn good. He ain't that damn good. And he blocked two dudes on the same play at the same time that led to a seventy seven yard touch down. It got called back. But it's just things like that that you look at it. You know, Kurt, I didn't have on my Bengo card that your backup quarterback who threw for forty eight yards last week would come into this game and have a resounding fifty five attempts passing the football.
Speaker 7: That's you know, I was thinking that you can't win that way. Obviously you can't win that way. But my next thought is what's the other what's the other choice?
Speaker 3: I mean, this game, when you look at this game, it wasn't a game at halftime, the game was seventeen to ten. This wasn't a game where you looked at and you were like, oh man, at halftime, we're down twenty five. So we come out of this half we got you were down seventeen to ten, and you got the ball at half like there was and I think in the third quarter before the leaving the third quarter, he already had thirty nine passing attempts Like this was like, this wasn't an accident. This was deliberate that they were going to go out there and pass the ball this much after we heard all week.
Speaker 6: Long, thank you Rico.
Speaker 3: Man Rico is the guy. He's who we're giving the ball to. He's who we're going to. And Rico had the ball for ten carries for thirty eight yards. He was three point eight yards of carry or whatever, twenty eight yard whatever the number was. Yeah, And it was in the first half, like.
Speaker 7: And then the very first play of the third quarter, and.
Speaker 5: Then after that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've listened to every show and I was like, man, is we gonna spur I show it a different way?
Speaker 4: But it's kind of hard to spur it a different way. It's just kind of hard.
Speaker 3: Like like what do you take what do you take from that game? Kurt? What do you what do you take from that game. Give me, give me a positive, a positive, Give me a positive, Give me a positive from that game. On my other show that I do, we have this segment that's called we called it's called tote.
Speaker 4: That thing, right right right.
Speaker 3: So the gist of this segment. Pat myself on the back again when you said, we have a segment, and that segment is called tote that thing. And the gist of the segment is you have to take something positive from last week's game and toted it into the next this week, Like, what is a positive that you took from that game that you can say, you know what, bring this into Bring this to Washington, Bring this to the Washington. You know.
Speaker 7: The easy one is the Turpin ran his second slant of the year and took it to the house.
Speaker 3: Which was textbook by the way, Yeah I'm talking about teach tape.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he obviously off the line of scrimmage, digged his man and had blasted the speed. I mean, it couldn't ask for any better. And then he disappeared again, and so it would you know, maybe it's all because Rush didn't have time to do anything or what, but you would like to think maybe that's something they could try more than once a year.
Speaker 4: Okay, turp it the slant they score it was terrific.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is the last two touchdowns at home.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm told my thing over shown and Kendricks. I get told that right into last week, right into this week.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I shared the great story that I had with Overshown last week in the lunch room, and he told me he was going to break down more and I watched for it this game. Not as they're hard to break.
Speaker 6: He comming, and I think I heard a couple of his own players saying watch out.
Speaker 4: Yea, he would write you over.
Speaker 3: My boy is all like he's from Texas and they there their little bantra was all gas, no breaks. He lives it like he lives it to the fullest. Where he's going all gas, you know, no breaks.
Speaker 5: I just you're positive out of that.
Speaker 3: What I use the mind was, I was watching you lost Jake Ferguson that game to a concussion, and you kind of through his loss to kind of said, oh, okay, Brevin span Ford, you know this is a guy who was able to make you know when he came out of it was in Minnesota. I believe it was you know, he was a guy who was about yak yards and being able to make some plays in the passing game. So seeing him kind of get into the action. I'm already I've written off Luke school Makers as a player in general, but it was kind of cool to see Brevin span Ford. On my postgame show, my co host, he made a really good point, he said, going forward, when I watch games, I'm not watching in the hopes of wins and loss of the soda. So I'm looking at other players now, I'm looking at young players on our team, like you know, Yanyae Thomas getting an opportunity, Brevin span Ford getting the opportunity, you know, seeing with guys like Ryan Floyd Noid getting opportunities and Jonathan Mingo whatever however that happens. But like now I'm just looking at let me just look at all these other guys are being able to show up.
Speaker 7: Kind of said that is prest conference about we need to let these young guys develop. They need to come in a hurry, but we need to let them developed.
Speaker 5: But at the.
Speaker 7: Same time, or do you is it time to go all in on that play the young guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been there. I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I'm with you. Whoever that guy is, tell him I've been there since training camp. I've been there.
Speaker 3: Since training camp.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, but I.
Speaker 6: Told you I'm not gonna pat my I'm gonna pat you on the back. That said fourth and long, Yes, pat on the back.
Speaker 3: But this is this is passive aggressive. Uh. When you say you're gonna pat me on the back to say what you said training camp is only you're already talking about it, don't put me into it. Don't be passive aggressive about patting yourself on the back. This guy and patch yourself on the back.
Speaker 4: And then I got it. I got a little scout.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you that scout is he already did the numbers on the draft.
Speaker 4: I tell you all, we're going to break.
Speaker 3: That's that's talk to you right there, to go on to break. Coming up next, we'll talk more about the game. We'll go through some of the numbers. We'll try we'll try to be therapy for you. We'll try to be therapy for you. Yes, we'll try to walk you through this and we'll try to give you some sort of hope. We're in the hopium dealership now, we're dealing the hopium out because there is much not much hope left, but there is some that we can probably pull out of this. Stay right here with us, man, this is hanging with the Boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy? Classic wings, sausty tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 4: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Order now by download the wings Stop out or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboys fans are twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 3: All the action.
Speaker 9: Seat Geek makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 3: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 9: Or selling tickets a Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works, expect the expected seat.
Speaker 10: Geek, Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Prescott keeps it slide with the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across a big state, and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys, smirnov we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. On this Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday episode, Cowboys defeated last night at and T Stadium thirty four to ten. This segment is brought to you by Blockchain. Blockchain dot Com ceedee Lamb in his postgame talked about, you know, we've won a lot of games over the last couple of years, the Cowboys, as you know, twelve and five, twelve and five, twelve and five over the last three seasons, and City said, now teams are are looking to take shots at us and basically embarrass us. And it has been I mean right now, they have not won a home game. And you saw what teams like the Saints did, and you saw what Baltimore, and you saw definitely what what Detroit did to them. And teams are you know, when you're down, you're down, and teams they step on you when you're down. Nate, you come from such great legacy, right, three time Super Bowl champion, had years though, how do you like you know that folks are coming into your home stadium looking to embarrass you, Like how would your focus be or what would your message be to kind of help, Like listen, guys, like it's all about pride at this point in time, Like what is it that you can you can stop being embarrassed at home?
Speaker 6: It It got to me to be personal, you know. And I'll give you a game with Washington Commanders. And I've told this before. Uh, Wilbert Marshall was playing for him and they were beating us, beating us pretty bad. It was like laid in the third quarter, maybe into the four and they were still trying to sackles, still trying to beat us down. And I'm like you, homeboy, you know, because even Floorda, I'm like, man, Homemiane, y'all y'all beating us, y'all the cowboys, everybody give you all the credit.
Speaker 4: Y'all ain't nothing.
Speaker 6: We're gonna treat y'all like trash. I just told them to your homeboy, and I'll never forget it. I told him you last, homeboy, and I and I finished that season strong.
Speaker 4: Because I knew.
Speaker 6: I was like, Wow, this thing is went beyond whether it's me and you getting at it. It's about the whole organization and the weight that we carry as players and the responsibility we have because people is going to pound us in the ground. That's when I first realized that it is something special about being a cowboy and that it is something that you have to work to maintain that standard of winning. And I don't know if these guys understand what I'm talking about, but they need to get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they need to get it.
Speaker 7: You think they can carry that weight, the weight of being a cowboy.
Speaker 6: It just depends on what the what the future holds, what the coaches are. It's easy to say you still got the player's ear, but we're not over there.
Speaker 4: I mean they played hard.
Speaker 6: Are they playing hard because they don't want to put that bad stuff on film? Are they playing hard to stay within the scheme to help the team win. Everybody got their own motive now, and so you got to search each player and look at each player and say, what is his motive?
Speaker 4: You know, how is he this type of like overshown? We just know who he is. Like you say, gas to.
Speaker 6: The pedal and no break. Yeah, we know that. We know Kendricks. He ain't gonna stop. This dude was celebrating every time he got a hit for a loss or no game, he was getting up.
Speaker 4: He was ready.
Speaker 6: So you see guys like that, well, do they have a big enough influence? Whereas yesterday we didn't see Parsons. You know, hear about him being a savior and being a light and all of this. I don't think he did an interview. So that that guy there, even though he's great player, great talent, his game is if I get off, I'll preach to everybody. If I don't, I'm gonna hit out, you know. And that's don't knock on him. He's been doing and we let.
Speaker 4: Him do it and we ain't hold him responsible. So now it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Kurt to your memory when you, you know, were watching the game yesterday, Nate, you were in attendance and the TV broadcast kept showing the aerial shots of the area shots, but the big picture of the stadium. A lot of empty seats, a lot of empty seats in that stadium. You know, Nate, we were talking offline and you said, man, Houston came out, they are a lot of red in that building. Like do you remember a time where it was like this? Where has has it come to a point where the fans have finally said we're tired. We're sick and tired of being sick and tired of putting our money, time, energy, all our resources in the coming of these games and we're not getting the performances that we want because I don't remember a time in my I mean I've been here since two thousand and nine, so my fifteen years in the DFW, I don't remember a time where you looked into the stands and you've seen in week ten and week eleven when you saw the standard that were like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's it's different this year. I think fans are really really frustrated with what's what's happening. You know, it's always just as when the Cowboys go other places, those stadiums are full of Cowboys fans, and I think this is such a destination for fans of other teams that you know, the Saints they bring a crowd, the forty nine ers bring a crowd. Detroit had a good one, and in fact that Texas or the Texans are just down the road and a good team, and given what it was, you know, you knew there was going to be a strong fan base for them there with that said, it just still it seems even worse this year. I think just frustrated Cowboys fans. They're like, I'm selling.
Speaker 4: My had.
Speaker 6: And when the game first started you could tell you could hear excuse me, I'm sorry. We was in the press box. You can just hear I fans dominate, dominate. But as the game went on, Yeah, and then it kept Paul saying and making aws, making the nows.
Speaker 7: That's Dallas has enjoyed that on the road for years. Yes, they I mean you're going back to your days. It was just you go to Arizona or something. It was a Cowboys home game. Yes, right, I don't know. It's just the way the things are now. It's been so long. Fans are frustrated and they're willing to sell sell some tickets.
Speaker 3: And normally you like and when things are going bad, you kind of hope things happen towards the end of the season, like you look up and you go, we got seven more games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of the brilliant.
Speaker 3: Like we have seven more games, and you have to ask yourself, like how bad could this possibly get?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, Like, yeah, I don't want to I don't even think about it.
Speaker 4: I just we got to live in the moment.
Speaker 6: I don't want to. I don't want to think about it because it just takes it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm I'm a diehard fan, so you know I'll be selling out myself sometime and you you know, playing selling out and I know what to deal so I'd be selling out anyway just to show that you ain't gonna get the best of me.
Speaker 3: But it's God, Hey, So we talk about what happens out, you know, off the feeling and how the fans are kind of fed up and stuff like that. But then you watch the game and you're seeing certain things that happen in the game. We see the bonus fossil for was it the second week in a row and they try a fake field second of two or three, two or three weeks they try a fake field goal. You see them take points off the board, trying to drive the ball down and get to the goal line. It's fourth and two. They don't turn the ball, like has desperation fully set in?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, is there?
Speaker 7: I think they realize there just points are going to be a struggle, and so they've got to pull out all the stops every trick in the bag, and sometimes it works.
Speaker 4: One does is one stat that tells you that it's desperate.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 4: Fifty five passes that? That right there? That right there?
Speaker 6: And then and you know, I got so mad up in the press Jess and Kurr to in the middle of the third quote, I say, you know what, I know, I'm talking to Jesse.
Speaker 4: I know I'm talking to Jesse, but can you run up? I said, your office line is beat up. I said, this ain't no game. You're gonna win.
Speaker 6: Even I almost wanted the other guy to get in, like this is not gonna work.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny you were talking to me and I was literally talking to you because it was it hit me you said on our show a week ago, and you had it was an emotional plea. It really was to Zach Martin and when when they showed him down on the ground and you saw the look on his face, like I said, this is what Nate was talking about. Yes, Like, this is what Nate was talking about. And you know that he's not going to quit. You know that he's not going to give up because that's just not in him. And I don't know the extent of what his injury is, But does that give the window for him to go.
Speaker 7: Big fella, especially in the sequence of games take take a couple of days off.
Speaker 6: I talked to him before the game. Yeah, you know, I made a beatline to him. I said, what's up, Warrior? He said, I'm getting through. I say, and I tried to tell him what I've like, Nah, I'm gonna make it through.
Speaker 4: I said, you more of a warrior than I am, because you know I'm gonna make it through. And when you know, when they had.
Speaker 6: Him like that, I said, okay, well, just I just almost started crying.
Speaker 3: Man, No, I'm like god, I felt the emotion. When I looked, I said, this is what Nate was talking about. And I said, over there, I'm like noll them go out on his shield, and I said, this is what he was talking about, and this is part of what Michael was talking about. It's it's I now have to watch it. And again, I don't know the extent of his injury, but I do know before the game even started he was dealing with something He's been dealing with, the shoulder ankle, my ankle, you know, And I'm just like, boy, I'm like, man, like this would be the last image you see of Zach, Like this could possibly be you, and it's it's it's what am I looking for. It is to see you called him a warrior. I think that's a great term. To see the warrior down on his knee where he's like kind of fought his last battle, where he's kind of like a soldier mentality, where I've given you everything I got and now I'm down here and I'm like, I'm broken, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I felt that like I seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt that, like I watched him. I looked at the face and I said, this is what Nate was talking about. To give this man some decent sy sometimes and just say, hey, don't go out like this. You know what I'm saying. At least give yourself a couple of weeks off and maybe come back closer to healthy so that you can have a lasting picture of what you once were. Right, But to see that, see that player down on one knee and looking dejected, looking hurt, looking like I've given everything that I got.
Speaker 7: I don't see him or some of these other guys or I mean, it's such a quick turnaround. You know, six days you're playing and four more you're playing again. It's it's I don't know how you know.
Speaker 6: I call them crowd trainers. Coffin's like drackling, you know what I'm saying. And they probably got like eight guys just sitting in that land back.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's going to sleep in the things. Man, we'll wake you up with the game stars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, have you ever been in that much?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't either, And I don't want to be brow.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be either. No. I mean I've hurt, but I ain't hurt like that.
Speaker 4: But you've been through some stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not like that.
Speaker 3: You've been through your owne.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our final break of the show. When we come back, man, we'll put a bowl on this thing. We'll put we the week is starting. There's another game coming in a couple of days. So we got to keep moving forward, and we'll put a bowl on this game, man, and figure out what we're gonna go against the Washington Commanders. You gotta figure this thing out, man, You gotta move forward, all right, stay right here with this is to hang with the boys. Will be right back House, Wingstop Sound, Christy Juicy, Classic Wings, sauceted tossed that those a leven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to.
Speaker 4: Game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Order now by download the wings Stop out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Ruscott keets it slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamola made with real half avocados. We'll score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 9: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seat Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 9: Seat Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 3: Back to hang it with Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. Our last segment of the day. It's on Tuesday. I'm back in, I'm locked in down on Tuesday by Week's all Jack Though. This segment is brought to you by Jigsaw, proud dating partners of the Dallas Cowboys Kerr Yes, Hey, Cowboys Nation. Seven eleven. Get ready for the ultimate game day experience. Thanks to seven eleven, you can win a VIP experience to the Cowboys Verse the Bengos showdown on December ninth. That's a ninth game, hobuck. Just text Cowboys VIP to seven one one, seven one one for your chance to win premium club tickets, sideline passes, travel and more. Don't miss out inter now No purchase necessary ends on eleven twenty. He must be eighteen years older in the US or DC void, where prohibited message and data rates may apply. Visit bit dot l y slash go seven to one one, seven to one one for full details and non text entries. The game's over, Yes, fifth loss in a row. You're reeling, you're hurting, you're embarrassed. All of the things are above. You got a game in six days. You got a game in six days. It's it's verse a division.
Speaker 5: Opponent who said ten days off?
Speaker 3: Who's had ten days off?
Speaker 5: And is that a home games in Washington?
Speaker 3: It's in Washington, Okay. To take a turn from CD. If you think those other teams were trying to embarrass you, Oh, dan Quinn will try to get his rocks off. Dan Quinn is gonna try to get his rock his old boss and his old team is coming to his new home. He's going to try to get his off against the Cowboys. And it ain't gonna be no taking, no needs at the end of the game. It's gonna be some college style stuff. It's gonna be point styling and profiling.
Speaker 4: Nate.
Speaker 3: How do you turn the page? You you yesterday's done. The guys are hurting, they're reeling. How do you turn the page and lock in and get focused for the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 6: When they walk in tomorrow. Just start talking game plan and some guys. You walk up to guys that you think are specially Hey, man, I need this from you. I need you gotta do this for me. We we gotta turn this thing around. You gotta go to guys you think that you can impact, and you got to start talking to them as coaches. You know everybody you can't unpack and you know who those guys is by now, So you go to the guys, Hey man, I need this man needs you to ride of the guys. Hey, that's don't that's don't let things get lacked, lax in practice. That's continued with the you know, being upbeat. You know you you just gotta anywhere you can link in or put your fingers and clause into somebody. You got to as a coach, you know, because you know I said yesterday, Uh, it ain't just the coaches now fighting for their lives. It's over a third of this team. If they're not smart enough, somebody need to tell them you don't have a contract. So they're fighting for their lives. Shoot, So those the first guys. I'm hey, man, you're gonna get trying to ge us run this week. Need for you to be prepared, need for you to be locked in in the meetings.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you can.
Speaker 6: Get some extra in, let's do this. Bring a partner, let's go. I mean, it ain't that you begging. It's just like, but me and you really now we're on the same page. I'm fighting, you fighting let's do this together.
Speaker 5: It definitely has to come from the place. Can't come from.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing about it is the coaches and how many games have we played?
Speaker 4: Ten? Ten?
Speaker 6: You ain't got to them yet. I'm just being honest. I'm a Mike fan. I'm down with Michael from Pittsburgh. Yeah, John, Michael John, Yeah, Michael John, I'm down with him.
Speaker 4: I'm down with him.
Speaker 6: But uh, when you start losing, that is one of the most hurting feelings and confusing feelings because what worked a year ago, the little uh snatty things you could say to get everybody popping and jumping, you won't even try it now because, guys, for real, we just lost our fifth in the row at home and this is what this the speech you got? So now it's it's down the business. It's living in the moment. Each moment. Uh what what is that thing they used to the music come on and they say the Ojoe moment?
Speaker 4: Every everything is a Joe moment. Now lock it in. Every everything is.
Speaker 6: Jesse had a coach, special team coach that loved him. He could come to Jess and and say, hey, man, I need you Jo. Yeah, so you gotta be looking I'm telling you, hey, man, I need you.
Speaker 5: Can they do that?
Speaker 7: Though, considering they're all lame duckt.
Speaker 3: So my question was going to be to you. Kurt was very similar along those lines, and we heard talks during the playoffs last year that you know, Dad Quinn wasn't as focused because he's entertaining other jobs. Jerry said on the fan this morning that there are thirty two coaches on this staff. Thirty two. There's thirty two coaches from your head coach to the assistance, assistance and analytic people. How many of those right now? You're thinking of looking up and they're going, I'm Zim is gone, Mike's gone. I need to start looking out for me. So now I'm I'm taking the phone calls. I'm I'm reaching out to other potential head coaching candidates for the future, Like I'm looking at some college situations. I'm looking over here, like where do you think the ten should all the coaches?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who who? Look it up and saying the Titanic is sinking and I'm gonna find.
Speaker 5: Me a door to get on yeah.
Speaker 3: Before we hit rock bottom.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's tough though, because I would think and there are balanced players and coaches alike, because if you're not focused on what you're doing and you're producing a bad product on film, that hurts your.
Speaker 6: And I talked to saying just what you're saying. He's saying, my players gonna prove me worthy. You know, my players gonna prove me worthy. And if they don't, we'll all be sitting on the bench.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So I talked to a coach yesterday. You know, I just used the sign just to hey, man, are you connected to coach McCarthy? Yes, I'm connected to him all the way. So when you said thirty two, that mean from the head coach to the weight room. Yeah, and the assistance to him too.
Speaker 4: They all hooked. So who's to say that Miss Joe may wake up.
Speaker 6: And say, you know what, I can't get rid of everybody who's Stephen, who's the most important?
Speaker 4: Can we keep this group of people? Keep this group of people?
Speaker 6: Or he may welcome and say, you know what, man, I'm the GM and I'm the owner too, and.
Speaker 5: About it, Yes, I don't. If they're going to.
Speaker 7: Look for a new coach, they need to let that coach decided staff not keep this guy.
Speaker 5: That guy here.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the right thing to do. But we listen. We've been around here long enough to see when we've had new coaches come in and had listen, when you get here, here's your offensive coordinator. Hey, here's your here's your defensive coordinator, your tight end coach. Yeah, like you like you don't get to pick everybody. There's some folks that I you know that I that I want on thisicular staff. So this is it's just it's tough, man. You know, in games we're talking like seven games left.
Speaker 4: Oh, we gotta quit talking like this.
Speaker 3: Seven games left. And now I guess the most important thing. And I'm I'm sticking to my timeline. I'm I'm steadfast at that timeline because everyone now is going all right, man, we didn't see it. We didn't see what Cooper Rush has done. We seed him go for forty eight yards last week. We seen him have three fifty plus this week. But it don't look good. It don't. It don't look good. And I thought I thought Cooper Rush had moments in that game. Well, I mean, he looked more comfortable, my captain obvious moment. I was like, heah, he's playing much better than he did last week. You know, like dug obviously he did that when he got one hundred yards, he doubled. He doubled what he did last week, Captain obvious. But there were times like, okay, he's moving the ball like he does, look more comfortable. He is anticipating a little bit more. But the elephant in the room for everybody, especially now when everyone's fishing for straws on what is what? What is there to look forward to? The question comes up, when do we see Trey Lance? Do you guys feel like and and Jerry was very adamant last night that Cooper Rush gives them the best Mike McCarthy the same way. Do you guys have a potential timeline where the colbum may go? All right? I know mine is.
Speaker 6: After these two games, after these two games. It's it's so short of a week, after these two games.
Speaker 7: The only reason I would consider playing him sooner than that is your line is so beat up you might need somebody to get out of there, scramble out of there, you know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's it's a bad situation. You know.
Speaker 7: If they if they felt Cooper Rush was their backup guy all along and they weren't even gonna try Lance. Why did why did you give up a fourth round pick for him?
Speaker 3: So yeah, and that's that. That's again the conversation about Trey Lance comes down to, you know, you gave him the preseason reps, you gave a fourth round pickup for him, and why is it he playing right now? Why didn't he get the nod when when Dak Prescott went down with the hell the hamstring injury. I think Trey Lance appears on Thanksgiving? I think I do. Listen, we we live in a soap opera time. We are looking, we are we are looking and trying to find whatever storyline that we can possibly have that's going to give us something to talk about. And for the Cowboys, it's all about it like the the the playoff hopes.
Speaker 4: Are dead, yes, yes, yes, sir, yes right.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl aspirations for twenty twenty four ashes to ashes, dust to dust to those So now it's what are the storylines? How? You know we got we were looking talking in the back. We got two more prime time games left, we got right, we got two more prime time seven o'clock games. Uh, and then we got the Thanksgiving game and and you know this, this is still a business, is it still a business. Like we use it for entertainment, there's some folks that use this for business, and business means I gotta put butts in the seats. I gotta still be able to sell advertising. I still gotta be able to get people to come out and watch this thing. And I think that's the next storyline until my timeline has been for a while that I think this Washington game gets out of hand. I think you see that. You see the entry of Trey Lance in the second half or maybe the fourth quarter of the Washington game, and then it's all right, we're making a change for Thanksgiving. And I know that's been a short week. But being that he's moved up to the second quarterback, he's in the conversation, he's getting some of those first team reps in practice, not getting all of them, but he's getting some that working on some of those packages for him to run. And to your point, you know, Kurt, you might not have Zach Martin, yeh, Tyler Smith. He was already dealing with the knee last week. He's now added the same leg at the ankle too, so you might not have Tyler Smith. So your two booking guards. Is that a booking guard. I don't know, but your two guards, your two guards potentially may not be available to you. We know what Guidon is, we know what Terren Steel is. So now you're looking at You're going, jeez, Luis, this is gonna be difficult. But such as life, we move on. This one is in the books. Cowboys lose the Battle of Highway forty five to the Houston Texans thirty four to ten. Our focus now turns on taking that trip to DC to take on the Washington commanders. Tomorrow. We'll look at we'll look at the film. We'll look at the film, and we'll do Cowboys offense versus the commander's defense. And hell, we'll turn the pains and get ready for Washington. Man for Kurt, for Nate, for Chris Beaming, and back for Josh, for Jazz, for you, I'm Salt and Pepper, Poppy. We are hanging with the boys until next time we are.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.