Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jireel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Who's got a longer losing shriek right now? Trevor Lawrence or Demonse's teasers they said, can the producers look this up? Welcome in what I know? I know, but now I'm oh, by the way, we were having a good conversation, but uh, I've got I've got some news for you to monse. As I'm walking out the door, your mother says to me and tell my son I'm looking for him. I'm like, what do you mean you're looking for him? She was like, she was like, I haven't talked to him recently enough, so you might want to get on that on you after the podcast. Sorry, we were having a great conversation. Sorry to kind of hit you with a little kind of one two combo. And then also and then your mom coming after you, uh, speaking of here, did you see this the video that was going around of the I It was probably a lot of people didn't see it. My algorithm probably sends me more of this, but it was Chiefs players being asked like the viral TikTok question of the day, and it was when the last time you talked to your mother? And like the first nine guys were like this morning, this morning, last night. One guy was like, oh man, I didn't call her this morning. Hold on, I'm gonna call her right now. And they got to remind you how young these guys are. They're you know, they're twenty one, twenty two, twenty three years old. But I so, I honestly think it might be my fault that your mom said that, because I showed her that video recently, and so it might she might have been feeling stuf. She was like, oh, my son doesn't call me every morning. One guy was like, I do my prayers and I call my mom and I'm like Okay, this kid was built in a lad like this guy's pro athlete wakes up every morning, does his prayers and calls his mother like he has he ever made a mistake. If it sounds like I'm filibustering to avoid discussing Trevor Lawrence, I might be. Uh, this is episode two sixty five. Here's what's not on. Didn't make the show's Malik Neighbors just an unbelievable player, unbelievable bow and the Broncos beat Baker and the Bucks. That's well done with the alliteration. And Christian McCaffrey seeing a specialist in Germany that don't That usually means there are certain procedures, like I think it's PRP platelet rich plasma that is legal in Germany. That is harder to do over here. Kobe did it, other guys have done it. So usually when you go to Germany it's to see a specialist for some stuff that you can't do as easily in the United States. It's usually effective. It also shows this might be a pretty significant or concerning injury for it to be week three and he's like, I gotta go to Germany to check this out. But none of that is the lead. The Chiefs are not the lead. The Cowboys loss is not the lead. Because we had a Monday night football doubleheader that all four teams involved have serious implications for how we're and what happened last night for how we're gonna view this season. So demanse, let's start with the game that ended last in the game that had the most intrigue, the Bengals and Washington. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the Bengals obviously just lost to Washington last night. We might have found some identities there. We spent all week talking about what would happen if my Ravens went oh to three. It turned out we had the wrong AFC North team after starting oh and three this year? Are you ready to say that the Bengals are cooked?
Speaker 2: So I'm here's where I think my own bias is the wrong word. It might be the right word, but it implies the wrong thing. I'm not biased towards the Bengals because I like them, But I think I might be biased in a positive way towards the Bengals because I respect how well they play the Chiefs so much that I might be overrating who they've been the last season and a quarter. Next year, we wrote them off early because Joe Burrow was clearly not healthy. Now they did end up rallying, and then Joe Burrow got hurt again and they were done. This year is something different. Altogether. They have lost three games in three very unique ways. They lose to the Patriots in Week one when they simply cannot get the ball in the end zone. They lose to the Chiefs in Week two when they play really well and just get beat by the Champs at the very end because a rookie makes a mistake with the pass interference. And then they lose to the Commanders last night because Jadeen Daniels more on him in a moment. Has quite literally, arguably, not definitively, but arguably the greatest game any rookie quarterback has ever had. The Bengals had no turn had no punts, and they lost to Washington. So here's my problem, Demonse. One of the reasons I was so much more concerned about the Ravens than I was the Bengals was because of the schedule, because who the Ravens had coming up. The Ravens have had the Cowboys and then the Bills before they play Cincinnati. Well, the Bengals had Washington and then Carolina before they play Baltimore. Well, you've now lost to Washington, And while I believe you're going to beat Carolina, what I think is this because after Carolina they get the Giants, and after the Giants they get Cleveland. And I understand folks right now might be like Nick, they're zero to three, Stop talking about them like they're a good team. It's in for me to believe a Cincinnati team with a healthy Joe Burrow, a healthy Jamar Chase and T Higgins coming back is not going to be dynamic offensively. So I am not going to right off the Bengals. I am not going to say they are finished, because they have a very real chance of a month from now being three and four just by beating three of the worst teams in football Carolina, New York and Cleveland. Get so, I think that was temporary rejuvenation. That's a fair point. But I think that was temporary rejuvenation in part cause by playing the Raiders and in part cause by the momentary lift of we're not having Bryce play quarterback for us anymore. I just I don't think that's going to be I don't think all of a sudden they're a very good team. But listen, but I don't think Washington was a very good team. Washington hung thirty eight on him. This Bengals defense has real problems right now, and Cam Taylor Brick can talk all this shit he wants and keep getting cooked in these games. And he's a good player, by the way, he is a legitimate good player, but he's kind of gotten out ahead of himself a little bit. But so I am not going to write off the Bengals. What I am going to say is this, going into their rubber match, not their rubber match, their second meeting with Baltimore, which is Week ten, they need to be a minimum of four and five, which means they got to go four and two through there and probably have to be five and four. So what they have is Carolina, Baltimore, New York, Cleveland, Philly, Vegas, so that's their next six, so they have to go at least four and two and probably five and one. I just think they can do that. So I'm not going to write them off entirely.
Speaker 3: But you could also say if they could lose all of those games.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, when you lose to the Patriots. Every game is losable and on its marriage Tomansey, You're right, I am, I am. I think a lot of people are prone early in the NFL season to overreaction. I might be prone a bit to underreaction. I might be really anchored by my preseason priors to a degree that. Yes, I mean the only winless teams in the league, is it at this point? Is it just Tennessee and the Bengals? Oh and the Jags? Jesus, yeah, Jazz, Tennessee, The Bengals and the Jags are the only winless teams. So you're right, Like, I get every team that I listed that I say stinks has more wins than the Bengals, do I get that? But seeing the offense move the way it did yesterday, when that's what they have to be, It's why I am not going to just say they're dead in the water. What I want to see is what Vegas thinks right now? Vegas, right now, Oh, Steelers fans have to be furious about this. The Bengals right now have better odds to win the AFC than the three and o Pittsburgh Steelers. Yeah, that's a space, that's gotta be Yeah, it owned three Bengals, three and oh Steelers. So right now, odds to win the AFC the Chiefs plus two forty, the Bills more on them in a moment, plus three ninety, the Ravens plus six point fifty, the Texans plus seven hundred, the Jets plus nine to fifty, and then the only two teams that aren't at least thirty five to one are the Bengals at sixteen to one and the Steelers at seventeen to one. So I don't think the Bengals are dead yet, but my goodness, gracious, they are on absolute life support.
Speaker 3: Did that game last night change your opinion on Jaden Daniels at all?
Speaker 2: So I want my opinion on Jaden to be very clear, which is I never doubted the kid's talent. My concerns about Jaden Daniels were twofold. He's far too skinny and a little on the old side. And that was when I say a little on the old side. What I mean is he played college football for so long. He turned twenty four in a couple months, so that he was a little concerning. But the real concern was is he going to be able to stay d Is he going to be durable enough? Is he going to take too much punishment? Because it's not only that he was one of the skinniest quarterbacks I'd ever seen go in the first round. He also took massive hits in his college career, almost like cartoonish hits, sometimes running the football. But I watched him at LSU win the Damn Heisman, and I like Heisman Trophy winners in general. I like Baker, I like Trevor never wanted he could have Kalb obviously, Like so, I am predisposed to excellent college quarterbacks in that regard. What he did last night, though, he is better than I thought he would be, and he is better quicker than I thought he would be. That's two games in a row now where they don't punt. Against the Giants, they I mean, it was field goals every time, but they scored on seven drives. Last night. They scored every time. And so that is what he and that past to McLaurin when he was taking a massive hit to win the damn football game is one of the plays of the year in the NFL. And if you remember before the season, one of the reasons I picked Washington to finish second in the NFC East was because I thought Jaden could be good this year. I worry about his long term viability and I still worry about that, but right now he has been head and shoulders the most impressive rookie quarterback. That's not even a question. As much as I love Caleb, that's not a debate who's been more impressive right now, Jaden or Caleb. Now. I also don't think it's a debate right now on if the Bears made the right choice. I think Caleb is going to be the better player of the two and have the longer career of the two. But through three games, Jaden's been spectacular. He's gotten better every week, and last night he.
Speaker 3: Was a supers myste incompletely pastes total.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a record for a rookie to throw at least twenty passes have night over ninety percent completion. It also, if you remove rookies just those numbers, he put up twenty one of twenty three, two hundred and fifty four yards, two touchdowns, ran for another touchdown, and another thirty nine yards. I mean, that is a brilliant game of quarterbacking. And so if you're the Commanders. Now your next two Cardinals, Browns. So the Cardinals defense is not very good, the Browns offense is miserable. I mean I can go past that. The Washington's next half dozen games Cardinals, Browns, Ravens. That's a tough one. But that'll be fun Jaden and Lamar, that'll be really fun. Yeah, and then after that Panthers Bears, Giants. So what like, Washington keep an eye on him. Now. Now the schedule gets way tougher later in the year. They haven't played any of their divisional games. They have four games against the Eagles and Cowboys second half of the season, along with games against the Steelers, Saints, Falcons, and a Titans game. That's fine, but they could get out to a hot start. And Jaden, there's gonna be no hate for me on Jayden, there's nothing to hate on with that performance. That was well through three weeks. It's no question through three weeks. The only person who's in the argument is neighbors, like through like right now through well neighbors, Yeah, I mean neighbors been the week ago he was pretty good too, but that he had the big drop. But right now I would think and I don't know if the producers because I can't get individual Player Award odds. It's like a weird New York thing. I think they won't show up. I would guess the odds for offensive Rookie the year demons a go like this right now, Jaden a big favorite, followed by Neighbors, followed by Marvin Harrison Junior, followed by Caleb. I would think those are the top four and then a very significant drop off after that. If they put that in the dock all I'll respond to it. Okay, they're in there now, Oh, there they are. It is exactly what I wait, yeah, no, you're it's left to right. Yeah, Jaden at plus one fifty, Neighbors at plus two fifty, Marvin at plus three point fifty, Caleb at plus six fifty. And that makes sense, Like that's and Caleb. Well, we'll talk Caleb later in the show. Caleb is not so much based on no the Caleb is not so much based on how he's played to this moment, more based on the projection sim to league MVP odds right now. Mahomes is second. That's not based on how he's played to now. It's that we're three of eighteen weeks through and they think Mahomes will play better. All right, now to the MVP favorite Josh Allen and the Bills go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah to that blowout? First off, do you need any time to mourn the fall, the fall of the prince that was promised? Understand that was an unfortunately I did.
Speaker 2: Well. It's eight straight losses and this is an ultimate life comes at you fast moment. So it was November, we were It was less than a year ago that Trevor was coming off delivering the Jags their first playoff victory in a half decade, in rooms to delivering them their first back to back winning seasons in two decades, sitting at eight and three, playing for the one seed that night on Monday Night Football. Since then, he hasn't won a game and has not only not improved, seemingly regressed. The pick to DeMar Hamlin was as bad of a throw as any veteran quarterback will make all year. He wasn't pressured, he wasn't panicked, the guy was wide open, and he just missed him by five yards. Just absolutely brutal. So I am I'm gonna make a plea to the Jacksonville Jaguars organization. That is out of the box and unprecedented because we have seen coach firings midyear and early and when that happens, they upgrade, you know, they promote someone on the staff to interim head coach. That's not what I'm asking for here. I am asking the Jacksonville Jaguars to fire Doug Peterson and immediately, as of that day, hire Belichick and tell Belichick you know what, Bill, you can be the one to tell Doug he's fired. He beats you in a Super Bowl. I'm sure you have a little one to get back from that and let him take over and bulk he's out to the organization. Because I still believe in the talent of Trevor Lawrence. But everything about the Jags right now is a mess. Trevor's play is a mess, the roster is a mess, the coaching is a mess. They they had two incredibly winnable football games in weeks one and two, they found ways to lose both of them, and then they came out last night and got embarrassed and annihilated. And I don't know what can fix that, but if anything can, it's the greatest coach of all time. I know Bill will have to resign from a half dozen media opportunities, but I also know he wants to be coaching and probably would rather not wait all full year. I get what I'm saying right now is not realistic and unprecedent for someone to come in from outside the organization mid season, but I am the prince is drowning, and I want to make it clear I am not putting all of this or even most of this on Doug Peterson. I think Trevor has been bad. He hasn't been mid He's been bad, There's no denying it. He also is Remember what I was saying about the age thing, He also is twenty four years old. He's twenty four. I just told you Jade and Daniels turns twenty four in a couple months. Trevor's twenty four. I know how talented he is, and we've seen the flashes, but at year four, with that salary, that contract, it's gotta be more than flashes. There's no escaping that. And so I hate everything about the offense. I hate the way he's playing, and Peterson seems resigned to his fate, and if anything could get Bill Belichick excited. It would be to vanquish one of the guys who beat him in a Super Bowl and take over a team that's underachieved with an excellent quarterback. But at this point, I don't know what to tell you. I know people want me to say I was wrong about Trevor. Up to this point, I have been wrong. I think he's got all the traits and all the talent of an excellent quarterback. But you get this deep into your career, you need to produce like one. And he has not done that. And now he has paid like one. And now he's going to be on his third head coach and his third offensive coordinator. And this is how she goes sideways on guys. So I always mus and I can't believe I'm going to make this comp And it's not a fair comp to Trevor because this player never had you know, the success Trevor did, the season he had, near to the playoff win, all of that. But you know, time is a flat circle, and it would be somewhat poetic if, much like my professional mentor, Colin Cowherd, has Sam Darnold, the top three pick, amazing college player who he simply cannot quit who eight years into his career, He's now like, this is the I told you this was in him, and I mock him for not being able to, you know, let go of it. Maybe that'll be Trevor for me. Maybe in six years I'll be on TV and Trevor Olvi's who knows. But I'm not defending him, and I get that the audience right now thinks this is gonna be my loudest and wrongest Classic three. I still believe in the player, but there is no basis to defend the player or the team, which right now looks like a helpless and hopeless team. Was that enough?
Speaker 3: Did I?
Speaker 2: Did I take my thirty lashes there? Or move on to the Bills?
Speaker 3: That was the morning onto the Bill side of it. Are you ready to say that the Bills are the Chiefs only competition in the AFC?
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I will say. Oh yeah, no, they're good. They're good. And this is where folks are gonna get really annoyed with me. And when I's not Bills fans but the other media members. I can't believe you guys overcorrected on the Bills like the whole world for years had been too high on the Bills. So I got to be arrogant and annoying and mocked everyone and then be proven right. And then somehow, seemingly everyone except for maybe Greg Rosenthal, was like, well, they're not even the best team in the AFC East. They could miss the playoffs and all all off season. I said, they're still clearly the best team in the AFC East, and this version of Josh Allen is still a terrifying version of Josh Allen, and they're gonna be fine. And now people, now I do fear today we are now going to overcorrect in the other direction where I think you're gonna see a bunch demanse. You're gonna see a lot of power rankings that have the Bills is the best team in the NFL. Now that's obviously Domino Bridge too far, but it's fine to call him second. You're going to see some quarterback rankings that have Josh Allen is the best quarterback in the league. Now that's gonna be Dombin too far, but it's totally fair to call him second. I now I am going to say something that Bills fans are going to love to hear. There are some striking similarities between this Bills team and this version of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs from two years ago. So Mahomes and the Chiefs two years ago had come off to heart wrenching playoff defeats, a Super Bowl loss where they got destroyed, and a home AFC Championship loss that they feel like they felt like they blew the game. And then in the offseason they traded Tyreek Hill, and people really wondered, Ah, man, is this are the Chiefs in the midst of a reb build, retool on the fly. The Buffalo Bills two years prior get blasted in the playoffs by the Bengals embarrassingly last year and absolutely gut wrenching three point home playoff loss. They trade digs, they retool, people question or they rebuilding. The Chiefs that year won fourteen games, Mahomes won league MVP. They have the highest scoring offense in all of football. They won the Super Bowl. Josh Allen this year right now, he's the MVP. They have the highest scoring team in the league. They're undefeated. There are a lot of similarities, and I'm not going to ignore them or pretend they're not there. I'm not even going to congratulate the Bills this week on winning their third straight September championship, which was a lock that was going to happen. They are a dominant September team, and we've talked about that. All I'm saying is, and I've said this before, Oh man, Okay, in my back, we're good. Okay, the Bills, when they put the game in Josh Allen's hands and let him run, they're terrifying. Now, it's terrifying in both directions because you worry he's gonna get banged up. But when they do that, they are as dangerous as any team in the league. And so I've got all the This Bills team was considered oh they're good but not great by all almost everyone before the year. I disagreed with them. Then I thought it was insulting that the Jets were the favorites to win the AFC East, And yeah, there are. I'm gonna make this point on TV today in full, and Bill's fans are gonna be shocked by it. There are a lot of similarities between the twenty twenty four Buffalo Bills and the twenty twenty two Kansas City Chiefs. That ended up having the highest scoring offense in the league, league MVP at quarterback, and they did win the Super Bowl. So just something to keep in mind, all right, speaking of the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, speaking of the Chiefs. These guys just keep finding ways to win, no matter how difficult the circumstances that or the refs had them. In a parlay. You infamously predicted the Chiefs going twenty and zero last year. Do you think it's possible that you were just a year early on that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they're gonna go undefeated. Uh, but here's what I do think, And I'll be quick listen. If you want to bitch about the refs, if that's how if you're if you're gonna have your mind warped by the by the anonymous Twitter accounts and the stupid Twitter algorithm that just feeds you missed calls and act like that same feed is not showing you that. On the Falcons touchdown drive, they it was extended after a third and long incompletion, there was a phantom roughing the passer penalty, or if you want to act like we didn't see last year, the single most egregious missed defensive pass interference penalty of the season happened in the Packers Chiefs game that demonds you and I watched from Wayne's house in Los Angeles. And if you want to act like we didn't just see a damn Monday night football game last night, we're on a vertical two point conversion. The exact type of past interference that was committed by the Chiefs with four minutes left was committed by Washington in the end zone. There, those calls get missed. And lastly, if you want to pretend that if they had called that past interference and then if Cincinnati had scored, I'm sorry, if Atlanta had scored and gone up by either one or let's you know, and if they got the two point conversion that you really believe in your heart of hearts that Patrick Mahomes getting the ball back down three with four minutes left means oh, the Falcons were gonna win. Then go ahead, live your life that way. I think it's a dumb way to consume sports. I also think this The Chiefs haven't played a great game. They played pretty well for most of the Baltimore game. They played poorly against Cincinnati. They had moments against Atlanta. Mahomes hasn't had a great season. He played really well save one pass against Baltimore, played terribly against Cincinnati, was hit or miss against Atlanta. Travis Kelcey hasn't done anything. Isaiah Pacheco is out injured. All of these things are true. They have also had one of preseason rankings wise, the hardest schedule of anyone to open the season. They haven't played well, incredibly hard schedule, dealing with injuries, and they're undefeated. And so here's the thing about the Chiefs. They don't lose. It might not be pretty, it might not be the way you're used to it, but you take every other We did this yesterday on the show. The next the biggest Super Bowl contenders, Right, So who Vegas thinks the best teams are after the Chiefs, Niners, Bills, Eagles, Ravens, Lions, Texans, Cowboys since the Chiefs last lost, Because the Chiefs have won nine in a row, those seven teams, so that's seven to those six teams. Pardon me, oh, and the Bengals include them in that. Those seven teams are twenty six and twenty two, while the Chiefs are nine to zero. I say that to say this, like other teams lose, and the Chiefs have this crazy ability not to lose, which is what makes them great. And unless they have to play a Chiefs team of a previous era, comparing them to previous Chiefs teams is kind of foolish Against today's NFL. We'll see what the Bills turn en two. Right now, they look great. The Chiefs also have a decided and massive psychological edge over Buffalo, and we'll see how that plays out. But no one else in the league is within spitting distance of this team. The Bengals are falling apart. The Texans haven't looked good on both sides of the ball once all year. Week one, the offense looked great, the defense looked terrible. Week two, the defense looked excellent, the offense looked mediocre. Week three, they looked bad in both spots. The Niners are falling apart. The Eagles might have the single most clueless coach in the league today. The Lions Jared goff is Jared Goffing a bit lately. The Ravens are hanging on by a thread. There's nobody out there. The Bills have my attention and my respect. Everybody else you're playing for a bronze medal, and so say all you want about the Chiefs and how lucky they are. It's crazy how the team with the best quarterback, the best coach, most well prepared, most well rounded roster, they're also the luckiest. It's crazy how that works out. But we'll see you in January when the games actually matter for Kansas City, when they finished the year around fourteen and three.
Speaker 3: Next Yeah, So my Ravens season was on the line down in Dallas, and they went there and they took care of business for at least three quarters. So a win is a win. But why do the Ravens keep not being able to take care of business down the stretch late in these games.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know. This was a weird one because this wasn't The comeback was not on Lamar in the offense at all. Lamar, it's twenty eight to six, okay, demands he gets them in field goal range and Justin Tucker misses it. Because a sneaky big story of this season is Justin Tucker might be cooked. And Justin Tucker is I mean, ever since Travis Kelcey tossed his helmet he seems to have snatched his soul. I don't know what's happened to him, but he's not the same guy. So he misses that kick. Yeah, so he's also he was the greatest kicker of all time. But here's the point I'm making. Lamar puts him in position to Monte to go up four scores. It's twenty eight to six. A field goal puts you up thirty one to six. Put the hay in the barn. Game over. Between that moment and when it was twenty eight to twenty five, Lamar threw one pass. It went like this, touchdown Dallas on side kick recovered, touchdown Dallas, Ray on side kick not recovered. Evens get the ball, run, run Lamar in completion, touchdown Dallas. So that's not on the offense. The Devens allowed three straight scores and the special teams allowed a on side kick recovery. What should Lamar should feel great about is everyone's focusing on the run to ice the game. And that was a great play by Lamar. But if he doesn't pick that up, Demons, the Cowboys are getting the and they don't pick up the next one, the Cowboys are getting the ball. Back with like thirty seconds left, down three. Now Aubrey can kick from eighty it seems like but they're still okay. It was the series before when I was like, oh my god, the Ravens are going to lose in the most devastating fashion imaginable. We were north of the two minute warning, the Cowboys had timeouts. It was third and six, and if the Ravens don't pick that up, I believe they lose that game because I think the Cowboys, with that much time, the way they'd been marching down the field, were gonna We're gonna go score. And Lamar threw a perfect pass to Jay Flowers on the sideline to pick up the first down. So Lamar did his thing, Derrick Henry did his thing. This defense is shaky, the receiving court is shaky. Mark Andrews has not shown up yet this year, and Isaiah likely hasn't shown up since Week one. So I want to give Lamar massive credit. I thought he played awesome and Derrick Henry was awesome. But the Ravens are That wasn't that. That looked like the type of win that was gonna restore all confidence. Then they did a very ravensy thing, which is almost blow another huge lead, and so oh, I'm not writing them off, of course, And I was wrong because I picked the Cowboys to win and the Cowboys, you know, just got run all over for three quarters and their offense could do nothing until the end. But that was a little jekylin hide from the Ravens there. All right, let's go last topic of the block.
Speaker 3: So, despite Nick Sierrani's best efforts to throw the game, the Eagles still get the win over the Saints. You've been on Nick Sirianni's coaching decisions for a while. Now, how soon do you think it is before they get him out of the building and get Belichick in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they are two and one, so I mean, I don't think you know his job is safe for now. But Nick Sirianni doesn't call the defense. Nick Sirianni doesn't call the offense anymore. So his job is game management, and he's been brutal at it, brutal at it. This year. We talked at nauseum about how ridiculous of a decision he made with the pass and then field goal in the Falcons game. Somehow, I think what he did before the half of this Saints game was worse if people weren't paying attention. Let me set the scene. The Eagles have the ball around the fifteen yard line. There is fourteen seconds left, they have one timeout. It is fourth and one. The score is three to nothing in that spot. It is one one hundred percent of the time, the most obvious field goal you've ever seen. Why well, because if there's fourteen seconds left, you have one time out. So if you go for it and it works and you get it, you're almost assuredly still just kicking a field goal. Let play it out. You go for it, you get it, you use your last timeout. You now have first and ten from the thirteen yard line with ten seconds left. Yeah, I suppose you get one shot into the end zone, but that is an easy play to defend when the other team knows you can't come up short of the end zone, you can't take a sack because you have no timeouts, and then you just kick a field goal instead. He went for it seemingly on a tush push, but it was an end a round to Berkley. He gets stuffed and they get no points. I'm all for risk reward decision. If the risk and the reward are properly accounted for. This is the second time in two weeks Nick Sirianni has made a decision that is all risk, no reward. If you pick that up, you're still almost assuredly just kicking a field goal. And if you don't pick it up, you lose zero, you lose three points. So I just think I think he's pressing and I think he's in over his head. And the other the Eagles defense shout out to him, they played a good game, Jalen hurts Man, that's another bad turnover for him. We're now at six turnovers through three weeks for jailing. So I don't believe in the Eagles. I don't believe in their coach, and I'm starting not to believe in their quarterback. Quick break right back, what's right? Welcome back in? What that's right? With Nick? Right? And let me remind you guys, I love to travel. Whether I'm heading out for work or vacation, or maybe just want to drop into Kansas City to see a game, I'm always looking for the best places to stay, and that's why I turn to Airbnb. Anytime I stay at an Airbnb, I'm reminded how great of an idea it is to airbnb your home while you're away. Maybe yourself have stayed in Airbnb before and thought, hey, you know what, I could easily turn my space into an Airbnb. Now that football season is back, lots of fans will be traveling to catch a game. You could airbnb your home or extra room and make some extra money while people are in town for the game. Whether you use that money for tickets to go cheer on your favorite team or something else. Entirely, your home might be worth more than you think. Your home might be worth more than anything with airbnb demands. Before we get back to the show, I surprisingly I didn't realize it it, but I a clip from this show went like semi viral with the Swifties in a negative way because they're very mad that they think I'm writing off Travis Kelcey, and I think that it is a misunderstanding of what I think is a smart use of the oldest skilled position player in the league by far. And when I say the oldest by far, like don't I don't think people also understand that the spot we're in with Kelsey, the only guy close to his age is Adam theln and what happened to Adam Thielen this week. By the way, Adam Feeling had an unbelievable catch, but he had to all out sprint for it and ended up, instead of celebrating touchdown, holding his hamstring because thirty four year old wide receiver is just not a thing, really. And Travis Kelcey, as we've discussed, is the same age as Gronk, who retired for the first time six years ago. Gronk, if Travis kelce in a month is going to be playing the Bills, Gronk in a month is going to be enjoying the second year of his second retirement, playing poker with me in Vegas the like. And so this is this, This is what we're dealing with here. And so when I said I think he has six to ten excellent games left in him, the point that I am making is not that he has six to ten games left in him. It's that Kelsey doing what he did in the playoffs was to me not a coincidence that it was the playoffs, Meaning last year he didn't have many huge games and then went four for four in kicking ass in the playoffs. I think what it takes to get his body ready and to perform at that level for three and a half hours consistently is something he flatley cannot do every week anymore. It's why guys don't play this position at this age hardly ever, And so I think that they are and he is not like running on a governor right now, because I also think he might want to play not just this year but one year. So if he has two years left, then he should, you know, theoretically, he absolutely should be judicious with how often he hits the accelerator to the floor. And it's not a bad thing for the Chiefs early on in a season to figure out how not to be so Kelsey reliant. And so I don't think it's a bad thing. And I don't think it's surprising that this is where Travis is where I still in the playoffs, he was the best weapon in football. That was a few months ago. I don't think he has drastically changed his caliber as a player from a few months ago. I think he is just ramping up to that and I think that's the smart thing to do. All right. Next, let's go to our next topic.
Speaker 3: Things are not looking too hot for your NFC pick and Caleb Williams. Meanwhile, Justin Fields is undefeated over there in Pittsburgh. So who's the most to blame for what's happening in Chicago? Caleb, the coaching staff or Nick right for Poland on the pressure saying they're going to go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's the pressure things nonsense. Right now, Caleb's gotten markedly better in each game I thought he'd played. I thought Week three was a super promising rookie performance. Obviously wasn't what Jaden Daniels did last night, but meaning he made some big time throws. He finally had statistically a big time game. He hung tough in the pocket, also made a couple terrible mistakes, and that's kind of what you expect early on for a rookie. Right now, I you want to put the first two weeks. They won Week one, but Caleb was awful. Week two they could have won, but he wasn't that good. Week three. The mistakes, yes, listen. He made one terrible pick down the sideline trying to do too much. The other one he got a little unlucky on the strip. Sack. Gotta have more awareness. Also, just a whift block by the tight end on the d end, but the Bears not being able to run the ball on the Colts, who were giving up two hundred and forty yards per game rushing is absolutely categorically insane, and the Bears right now offensive play designing coaching staff is driving me nuts. They were doing at the goal line running a speed option like all of that that the offensive coaching for the Bears and the lack of a running game in this last game against the Colts is an abomination. The defense has been awesome. Caleb has been not quite as good as I thought he would be initially, but he's been fine. My Bears belief was that early in the year they had a super soft schedule, Caleb could go through his struggles early get better and better and better. My hope though, was that through three weeks they'd be two to one, that they'd beat the Titans, and that they'd beat the Colts, probably lose in Houston. Losing this Colts game is painful and it means they've got to steal one back. I'm if people though, again, if people right now the stocks at a bit of a low, want to sell me some more. Caleb Williams Stock. I'll take it. He went from like seventy yards passing to one hundred and twenty yards passing to three hundred and sixty yards passing. It's exponential growth. So I'm okay with where Caleb is at, but I the offensive line and the offensive coaching has been highly problematic. All right, let's go to all inn.
Speaker 3: Fold today or we are going to play all in her fold. First off, little Steelers situation over here, with Russell Wilson still injured, Justin Fields is taking QB one reins in Pittsburgh and doesn't look like he's going to be giving that job back. All interfold, Fields leads Pittsburgh to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I you know, I know this isn't the game, but I'm just I'm I'm gonna do neither the So I'm certainly not all in on him leading them to the playoffs, but I think right now it's a coin flip. Now. I do think he's going to be their quarterback the rest of the year. I do think that, and the Steelers defense is awesome. So if I had to pick a side right now, I would say, yeah, they make it. However, you know what I don't know if that's the case, that I feel that.
Speaker 3: Way, not the faith in Cincinnati, but Pittsburgh is just not going to the right.
Speaker 2: No, that's just what I was about to say, though, the well, I don't even know if it. No, I bet the I mean. So, here's what's weird. Vegas believes in Cincinnati more is a super Bowl team than Pittsburgh. But I'm guessing they have Pittsburgh better playoff odds. I'm gonna check right now. Pittsburgh to make the playoffs is minus one forty. Cincinnati to make the playoffs is plus one twenty two. So those two things might sound incongruous to you, so let me just explain it. Vegas thinks it's more likely that Pittsburgh is a playoff team, but not by a ton. But they also clearly believe if Cincinnati makes the playoffs, they are way more likely to be a viable contender than Pittsburgh is. So that's how a team that has somewhat significantly worse odds to make the playoffs has better odds to win the actual Super Bowl. But that is my problem, Demond s. I don't think three AFC North teams are making the playoffs. They did last year. I understand. I don't think that's happening again, So that doesn't happen again. Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh. Even though Pittsburgh's three and zero and the other teams are combined one and five, I still don't know how I feel about Pittsburgh being able to hold on. I do think Field's gonna be able to hold onto the job. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 3: The Anthony Richardson experience is not for the faint of heart, but hey, he was still good enough to be Caleb Williams. His potential is there, but he's completing under fifty percent of his passes at the moment. All in her fold, Anthony Richardson is a quarterback.
Speaker 2: One no, he is a starting quarterback in this league. I'm all in on that. But here's the thing. This is his rookie year. I know it's not, but it is. He played two and a half games the equivalent of two and a half games last year. His raw physical talent is so remarkable that you're just gonna have to deal with at least this season and the growing pains of can he become an accurate quarterback? The pick he threw in the end zone was egregious. He has made some terrible decisions and his accuracy is awful. But you don't draft a guy in the top five, you know what I mean, and not give him at least two seasons unless it's Bryce Young level bat. And so I mean, I'm not Trey Lance is a different example, because no, I mean, you're right they. I mean Trey Lance. They sat his first year, then his secondary broke his leg, and you know what I mean, So he was in a different and they and they had their quarterback, So you're right, Trey Lance. They did do it too, but the culture not in the spot where it's like, right, Richardson got hurt, but they don't. Right. They had a chance to come back. And Richardson also had more college not a lot more, but more college tape than Tray and at least he played D one. Trey is kind of an outlier situation. And there's nobody. There's no brock Purty in Indianapolis, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, the three no Vikings face the twol one Packers, who have been led by Sam Darnold and Malik Willis all in her foal of the floor or O'Connell wins Coach of the Year.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that. I'm let me think, trying to think of the other possible contenders. Dan Quinn all of a sudden, a sneaky contender depending on what Washington does. Mike McDonald and Mike Tomlin sneaky contenders. Oh my god, Big Bob Slas fourteen to one. I will not be placing that bet, but I listen. The spirit of the question is, I think Laflor and O'Connell have done a remarkable job so well. I that's you know. I think they have both done spectacular jobs. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, everyone is busy all off season talking about the Rams and Niners. But Seattle is undefeated in Arizona. Arizona looks pretty solid all in our fall. San Francisco wins the NFC West.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's still the favorites for it. Looking at it right now, let me see, Yeah, they are. They're there even money. Seattle's two to one, Arizona five to one, the Rams eight to one. Uh, Seattle's good. I I you know, I think some of what we've seen from Seattle is good coaching. Gino's played great, some of it is Broncos, Patriots, Dolphins, that's the three teams they've played. San Francisco. The injuries are just mounting and mounting and mounting, and the Niners are The Rams were the one team more injured, and the Rams just stole a victory from him. It's not on party. Party played very well in that game. That was an egregious loss, a truly horrifying loss for San Francisco. There's still probably the smart money bet to win the division, but it's not a bet I would make. All right, last.
Speaker 3: Andy Dalton led the Panthers to a row win against the Raiders, and apparently teams have already started asking a trade for Bryce Young. All interfold. Bryce can thrive elsewhere fould.
Speaker 2: I don't want to pile on the kid, but no, he's not gonna thrive. He doesn't have NFL traits. And I've said it. I should have taken this question out because I feel mean, he doesn't have NFL traits. I don't blame him, it's not his fault, but he just doesn't. I hope he can catch on somewhere as a backup, but he's not an NFL starting quarterback. He's just not quick break right back with listener questions what's right? All right, let's get to the listener questions.
Speaker 3: Joe Schmoe says, Trevor Lawrence should should henceforth be known as the squire. He's been demoted until further notice. Maybe reag.
Speaker 2: Oh reek, Wow, that's a good pull. Next, it's not even a.
Speaker 3: Question, Nick, Nick Adams honest question? Why was Joe Burrow? Why has Joe Burrow gotten so much more benefit of the doubt than Jalen Hurts. Their resumes are very similar. Burrow is very good, but outside of one season is not equated to winning.
Speaker 2: Well by If by outside of one season you mean two seasons, it's a good take. I mean it's two seasons. He went to a Super Bowl and then he went to an AFC Championship game. A year they won twelve or thirteen games. So yeah, if Joe Jalen has one excellent season, Joe has two excellent seasons. So that might not seem like a lot more. But it's double. And it also, I think, is the fact what tomans I mean it is it's double, it's twice as many. I mean, it's the difference between one and two is significantly more than the difference between eight and nine, Like I understand, it's like, well, it's actually just one more than the other. Yeah, but comparatively speaking, it is significantly ratio. Also the yeah, yes correct. Also the fact that I think Burrow was a far far better college player and the number one pick the draft vers the second round pick certainly helps him.
Speaker 3: Next, Justin Jones says, I bet the over six and a half on games Taylor Swift attends she's already been to two. If they make the playoffs, I win that bet for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think she's gonna probably go to almost all the home games, so I yeah, I think that's a she will go to. And if they make the playoffs, the hell are you talking about? Are they going to cancel the playoffs this year? She'll go to all the playoff games? And so yeah, that's a smart bet.
Speaker 3: Next, JS, which teams do you think Sanders will have the most impact on? And which do you think he would be the and which do you think would be the best for it?
Speaker 2: Uh? I mean I'd like to see him on the Giants. I assume we're talking about Shoodo or Sanders. I listen, I don't know that, I love I don't know that I love him as a super high first round pick. But if that's the implication of the question, I would say the Giants next Nick.
Speaker 3: Uh No, sorry, Christian, Christian lazo or Laiso Nicks start bench cut Purdy, Trevor and Richardson.
Speaker 2: Start bench cut Purdy, Trevor and Richardson. No, I won't. I won't play that game. I actually won't play that game today. That is too mean. And you guys are going to force my I mean, I mean they were answer is you start bench Trevor and you cut Richardson is the right answer right now. But I don't want the that's that's I don't want to participate in that. Next.
Speaker 3: Uh, Demon's Are you playing intramule basketball at school or in your rec league basketball this season? If so, how is your team? No? I just played straight pick up at the gym.
Speaker 2: Random to play pick up again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Very well?
Speaker 2: Really wow? I mean rearkable achilles tendon recovery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thousand, it does not at all. If anything, the ankle that I broke my ankle on like two years ago gives me fits like it tightens up. But no, my achilles feels good.
Speaker 2: I'm playing the other leg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's my right foot, and I tore my achilles on the left.
Speaker 2: I've never seen someone so you tore your achilles.
Speaker 3: In January, like January twenty six.
Speaker 2: Or long like that, Okay, in January of this year. Yeah, and you're and you can play a ball for the last month and a.
Speaker 3: Half, probably like two and a half months, to be honest, like two months.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man, that makes me so happy. That also is the second I mean again, knock on wood, and you know, I believe you're gonna stay healthy. But that's the second significant injury that an initial opinion from a doctor was surgery. A second opinion from a doctor was don't have surgery. That I think you're definitively glad you did not have the surgery.
Speaker 3: Thanks, No, there's no way. I played basketball ago two months ago, I five five? I again the surgery.
Speaker 2: No are you kidding me? No? I mean the only Aaron Rodgers can play competitive sports A couple months after achilles surgery. You ain't him, man, you're not listening to dolphin videos. He good show, good job. That makes me so happy. Demnse call your mother, all right, talk to you guys later. I'll see you on Colin, I'll see you on the show. See you guys. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get de Monday another plaque, so like subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,