Speaker 1: As we keep alluding on Fox Sports Radio, today's day one of your football boner. That's right, five straight days of boners.
Speaker 2: So I call a doctor because they always say for the last longer than twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Two college football playoff games and then three days of wild card stiffy. So no, this is over promised. We can say what we want.
Speaker 2: This is our bonus show because normally we're on from two to four on the West Fox Sports Radio five to seven on the East. Covino and Rich and Spotties here do want to say stay safe.
Speaker 1: The fires are terrible.
Speaker 2: We're okay, but sending good vibes and prayers to everybody affected.
Speaker 1: It's definitely scary, but we're good for now. Football is going to be a great distraction, you know, starting today, Stay safe, But that five days of stiffy football actually ting NFL college train drink Ship's gonna occupy you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, definitely gonna keep you occupied for the next five days.
Speaker 1: In fact, we're going to talk about it later in the show. Rich has a college playoff parlay because we have some great college games and some wild card games. We're also going to talk playoff, wild card wild food.
Speaker 2: This weekend. There's some wild food on the menu. Will explain, But we got.
Speaker 1: To start it off.
Speaker 2: You're a wildly crazy guy with the best sports urban legends.
Speaker 1: Now, well there's a reason because there's a new entry. If it's true, we may have a new top three, maybe a new number one. Right, there's some great stories in the world of sports. Some are true, some are like, I don't know if they're true. But there's sports urban legends, and of course we've discussed them in the past. One that comes to mind Jordan gambling that we know we gambled, but did it get and go too far? Is it the reason he left the NBA and came out right? We may never know. That's on the list. You gotta also think about just the numbers. If you do the math, it seems impossible for Will Chamberlain to have slept with twenty plus thousand women, Like that's yo. No one's penis could survive that twenty thousand.
Speaker 2: Women in those pants. Again, that's one of the best urban legends. There's no doubt. Again, where there's smoke, there's fire. With Jordan with Will, we know he's sung with a lot of women. With twenty thousand women I don't know. Now, the bloody sock always comes up in conversation. We know it happened, we saw it, but the urban legend is it was fake. It was all stage. Imagine it's possible. That O four documentary about the Red Sox that's on Netflix. It made you realize that Kurt Schilling just wanted to win, and beating the Yankees gave him a stiffy. So, I mean, he went out there, he wasn't sure he could play. But the actual blood Do you believe it? Some don't, Some say it just added to the theatrics.
Speaker 1: So you know what I say, luot In let out. I say.
Speaker 2: And the story of Doc Ellis pitching a no hitter on LSD, you know we always hear that story.
Speaker 1: It's just a matter of.
Speaker 2: I find it hard to believe, right, Like I don't want to drive if I'm you know, under the influence. I mean, we shouldn't do that, but you know, I just can't imagine pitching a no hitter when you're tripping.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, along the same lines, your boy David Wells, the joke was always he was on Saturday Night Live, Got Trash or Jimmy fallon the whole cast, and that was the day he went and pitched a perfect game.
Speaker 2: That's what he says. That's that's the legend. When the legend becomes the story, print the legend. Now speaking of drinking, Wade bogs this is like a two part story, two part urban legend, because you always hear the legend of you know, his his fried chicken, he needs his fried chicken.
Speaker 1: But the story is Pedro Serrano. But the story that he I think the number was always sixty three, sixty four beer, sixty four beers on a flight.
Speaker 2: Sixty four Miller lights or something on a flight, and you're like, no way, did this dude drink sixty four beers? And just recently, Rich, not too long ago, he was on Burt Kreischer Show, Burt Kreischer, Hi Bert, hey Bert, and Bert was like, hey, you gotta tell me the story.
Speaker 1: And Wade still doubles down. But get this, the legend grows.
Speaker 2: He says it was eighty eight eighty nine, Oh, hold on, no, nineteen eighty eight eighty nine. He goes, we're taking a flight from Boston to la and he said he had seventy three beers and then went two for three off Mark Langston the next day and I'm like, seventy three beers, well three, I'm good, seventy three.
Speaker 1: That arguably unbelievable. But there was another beer story, speaking of people drinking a lot. Yeah, he was the eighth Wonder of the World. Yes, but there was always the rumor that Andre the Giant would have like one hundred. Oh. No, the greatest urban legend is that he farted for sixteen seconds. Did you know that story? On the set? Was it sixteen seconds? On the set of Princess Bride? There's a rumor that Andre the Giant farted for sixteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Then he blow like Rob Reiner's to pay off or something like that. Then you say like, sorry, buss, Yeah, apparently he farted for like a record amount of time, and people still talk about it. I forget who was there, but all sorts of urban legends. Now one of the greatest may lose its number one spot because I know you love the Kevin Costner cal Ripkins story. What I love about it is that it makes cal Ripkin mad, right, But if it's brought up, he is like adamantly denies and he's like, don't talk about it, like he Cal Ripken gets angry when you talk about the rumor that during his Iron Man streak. The story is again allegedly because he adamantly denies.
Speaker 1: The legends urban legends, he left his house to go to Camden Yards, said, oh, I forgot some turned around, went home and found his wife in bed with Kevin Costner, whoa, there was an altercation. Again, this is all urban legend that they got in a fight. Maybe there was like an arrest, and because of that, he would have lost his consecutive game streak. So Camden Yards fiddles with the lights, and there's this, oh, the game's canceled tonight for you know, stadium malfunctions feels.
Speaker 2: Right to Me's a shot of him walking in. Yeah, imagine the shock. You know, you made me think of nonsports related. But one of my favorite urban legends, just period is the Richard gear story. Because I don't know how that happens. I don't know how the Gerbil got involved in this story. But you no one asks how the Gerbil feels about being involved in his story.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? Yeah? It's probably someone he did dirty and they were like, you know what, Richard Gear, I'll I'll show you and they're like, hear about gear and the Gerbil. Now, so this isn't a real photo. I don't think it is. It could be AI maybe somehow, some say a I thought last weekend. You know, it could be. It could have been a spring break moment from So was the other one when we were kids that Paul Pfeiffer from The Wonder Years grew up to become Marilyn Manson. That's another great urban legend, right, ridiculous in the world of sports. To Kevin Costner, cal Ripken one was always a good one because there's something believable about it, and he was always defensive about it. Now there's a new one in town, and it involves Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert Arena's former NBA star, Gilbert Arenas proposed to his girlfriend with the four hundred thousand dollars ring. Now you might say, what, but this guy made millions and tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: He played in the NBA for a long time, he's got a successful podcast, he's over the outspoken nowadays. The story goes like this, They broke up after eight days. They eventually made up, and he faked a relationship with her for a few months so he could switch to ring out with a fake version.
Speaker 1: She sued him and lost, and following that, he gave her almost a ring that was worth half a million dollars. They breaked up and she's probably thinking, well, fuck you, I got a half a million dollar ring and I gotta get that ring back. Well, baby, I'm sorry. They get back together. He has to fake the funk on the Nasty dunk and the relationship for a few months so that he could find the perfect opportunity to switch through and then make sir Cone. He probably you know, dips out, moon walks out the door, got his ring. Later on, she's like, well, I stick up my ring. Fuck him. Probably gets to the praise and then realizes, oh shit, I got duped. You could get them like made. They're like made in a like a factory. Yeah there, what do they call it? One time diamond lab diamond? So yeah, so he switched it out.
Speaker 2: And if that story is true, man, how crafty, how creative, drafty. You almost have to give him a high fire for that. If that's true, that has to be in the top three of all time sports urban legends, because how many dudes get f two in this sort of situation, you know what I mean. I'm not saying Gilbert Renas is innocent. I'm not saying I.
Speaker 1: Don't even know why they necessarily broke out. He was a good dude.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying to pull this off, that's a majestic heist. And props to him forgetting his ring back and money back, because too many women get away with the flip side of this, So props to him.
Speaker 1: If true, that rings fake. I mean, I don't know, we don't know his I think her name was Laura go Govan, Laura Govan, and she was some sort of actress the little nuts when she finds how to rings that are reality TV personality, she then realized it was fake and he got away with it, And props to him if true. Another sports urban legend to tell the grand kids one day. Yeah, you know what I used to know, Gay Andy n Men. His name is Gilbert Renus. You know. It does a As far as like scandalous ones, there there's a bunch, but one of my favorite funny ones that I feel like I only learned about in the last couple of years. I want to throw it in there as well. We have Dennis Rodman. No, when Dennis Rodmin told Carmen Electra that a woman fell out of the ceiling onto his penis. She caught him cheating and that was his and she fell out of the ceiling. They fell out of My favorite that's how the story is. Every one that has to do with women is the story that the Kembe Mtumbo would walk in a room with beautiful women and say the phrase who wants to sex? Matumba?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I say that till this day. Yeah, I got you didn't know I got that from him?
Speaker 1: Is that four point? Who want Cavino? Yeah? I don't think it works as well.
Speaker 2: It works, but not as often as it did for the Kemball. But sports urban legends add another one to the list. Gilbert Reinas, Gilbert Reinas, if true, thumbs up?
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Now you already talked about the five days of football boners that starts today, right if you're.
Speaker 1: A football fan. Honestly, it's hard not to say Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Friday. But it's not BS games. These are all games of significance, College playoffs and then six wild card games, and they're all really good matchups.
Speaker 2: They're all great matchups. We're gonna go over again the college playoff parlay. But along with playoff wild card weekend, you have to start making plans, right. So first off, first and first mostly enjoy your games. But if you're going to the games, they got some wild food on the menu this year.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm always about the stadiums trying new things, because listen, it's all evolution. Baby. When we were kids, you go to the ballpark the stadium, it was like a hockey puck, shitty cheeseburger or a hot dog, and like beer or soda. Now these arenas and stadiums have sushi, They got gourmet smash burgers, they got chicken fingers, they got there was you know what at City Field had They had fried rainbow Italian cookies. This past playoff season looks like Wan Soto had all of them. From the latest picture. You shut your damn mouth, probably eating some right now Potos instead of center Field having a double shake check Burger.
Speaker 2: Now. We did briefly touch on this on our regular show on Fox Sports Radio again Monday through Friday two to four on the West, but we didn't have a whole lot of time to get into it, so we want to show you what these new items are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only we'll promise you know. If you're listening, we very much appreciate that. But why not watch because I'll be honest, I feel like this is better than most sports TV shows.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you're just listening to the podcast, we appreciate it. It was a whole video layer on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page.
Speaker 1: Let's start off with touchdown toast. Man, look at this on this touchdown toast is going to be served in Kansas City. Now that my friends, can I put ketch up on it? No, this is this is a breakfast ye style entree. It's like French toast with ice cream, strawberries. And look at how thick that is.
Speaker 2: That's a loaf of bread.
Speaker 1: I see see. Yeah, But you know what, football and food are just so synonymous. It really is.
Speaker 2: There's a whole theory in conspiracy in sports, urban legend that's that football is just one big conspiracy to push food.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that? But lately the stadiums are delivering and this is the Texas touchdown. I'm sorry, the touchdown toast that Kansas City is going to serve up. I'll be honest with It's like French toast and berries and cream and ice cream. It sounds good to make.
Speaker 2: I would have tons of regret and remorse eating this, but I absolutely would.
Speaker 1: That's she looks good after that, I'd hate myself. You're right, but I would definitely eat it, and I could probably finish the whole thing spots right. You know how you love to say Cavino loves to get in your head when we have Mexican food. He's like, you know, for every four nachos you have, that's one tortella. That's true. Yeah, this is probably why eight pieces of French toast that like, look at that, it's a loaf of bread, a low for bread. You slop and you go in there with you know what I mean, I'll try it. It's the playoffs. Let's get wild man. And then you're like, yeah, I'll try it. And then you finished a whole thing like you and your girl like, hey, let's let's share that touchdowns. Well, let's let's move on to Philadelphia, who's hosting a playoff game this weekend. You're gonna have the pretzel, John, and when you when you when I say John. You know what that is. It's like a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania slang word. It can mean a thing, it can mean a place, it can mean an event like it's just it's interchangeable, like it's only your name. And I say that respectful. Cool though they made a pretzel in the shape of the eagle look, which, by the way, the only logo in the NFL that faces this way. You know that smears of I know that.
Speaker 2: I know why they do it because the feathers on the eagle formed the shape of an e for eagle, so it's the only logo that goes the opposite direction. There's an e hidden in there. But the pretzel Dippens say no disrespect to the Philly fans that use the word john, because that's your thing. But I don't feel comfortable saying it's not a word I use.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. The guy. It's probably tasty as hell, but I'd be like, can I get the pretzel thing? Please? You know you won't say the word john, But I'm not gonna say question people that. All right, maybe this is a stretch, but do you ever use the word haunt or your local haunt? I got like spot does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I don't my local haunt. I'm like, that's not a word I use, just like I don't use the word John. So hey, can I have a pretzel?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 3: The one with well, I'm gonna judge you right now. So the same guy that will never order the Rudy two D fresh and fruity.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. There's a there's a drink back in the day. I've known Caveno a long time. Emember when John but juice was all the rage. Yeah, Cavino refused to order the drink. Was it? The orange dream machine? Dream machine is like the orange one? You mean the dream machine. I'm not saying that. Someone I was like, just I saw it, or she's like just say it. I'm like, no, give me the orange the dream Machine. When Cavino gets his overpriced smoothie at Whole Foods, he refuses to say the peanut buttery. That's true.
Speaker 2: I'm like, give me the with the peanut butter. And this is the latest one. This really happened.
Speaker 1: What is it called. It's called the gimme the creamsicle one. You mean the gene machine? Yeah, no, the orange one.
Speaker 2: You'll give me that one dude, I swear to god, I was at a restaurant not too long ago. You might remember this, and I wanted an old fashion, Just give me the old fashion, and they looked at me like, we don't know what you're talking about. Do you mean the whiskey business? And I'm like, just give me the old fashion. Stop with your nonsense. What would you call me starry business? So anyway, that being said, just give me the pretzel with the eagle.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate it. That ego. I'm gonna judge your regular pretzel. I'm gonna judge you right now. It's just a flat It's like a buttery anti Ann's Wetzels Pretzels. Now you're talking, but let's say you do that. I'm judging you completely by your answer. What are you dipping it in cheese? Like a butter sauce, like a mustard? Like like what what's you're dipping a truck caramel?
Speaker 3: So that looks like it looks like a mustard, a cheese and a chipotle maybe like a peste.
Speaker 1: What is that tiziki sauce? I'm down for all those dippens. Oh, green mustard, it's that rand mustard. Oh obviously eagles, green, green mustard. Okay, the green mustard cheese or some sort of ranchy looking sour cream things on all dippins. I think I'm going all three if they're gonna give them to me, But if they're gonna charge me extra, I'm going mustard. Queen. I don't like the green mustard, but let's just go mustard.
Speaker 3: And I know it's and I know it's for presentation, but can we all agree that has not nearly enough dippins?
Speaker 1: No, I need, I need, I need remnick In after remnick In pretzel that size. I'm gonna need a bucket of dippins.
Speaker 2: So again this playoff wild Card weekend, these are the new wild food items. There's one more doozy, and that's if you're down in Texas, because what do they say, everything's bigger in.
Speaker 1: Texas, So even the asses out there? How about those big asses? And how about the bigger in Texas Tamalay I like it. I would crush out. That's nothing better than a good Tomali, especially Texas, so that you know they're doing it right. And they got different sauces, different green sauces, vana day sauces, they got everything I'm all for it. It fits the city Texas likes to state. I like it. That's gonna be so. It looks like a giant loaf of corn bread. That's stuff, you know. It looks like it looks like a little Tamaley with the with the chef hat on.
Speaker 2: We get it to it does, but we get it to share and then you eat the whole thing and you hate yourself. But again, that's wild card weekend. Gotta get wild, man, get wild. You know what, I tell you what, I think this wins because it's not as gluttonous and gross as the loaf of bread French toast right, and the pretzel there really not that inventive.
Speaker 1: It's just a flat pretzel with the cool logo on it. So I'm going with the big, bigger in Texas, Tomali, Like I gotta ask you, Yeah, you do you, however, agree that winner. These stadiums are doing a good thing by giving cool options, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not against They're allergic to fun at all and new options and new menu items, especially for a special weekend like this. It's been, uh, it's been an emotional week especially here in La I'm not gonna stifle anybody's fun, have fun, get wild, Wild Card weekend, stuff your face and enjoy. If you're there, you got to get some of the stuff that's part of the novelty, especially if you're bringing kids or your family. Hey, kids, we got tickets. It's not every year your team makes the playoffs and you're like, we're getting that Pretzel show.
Speaker 1: Pretzel, fill your belly with joy. Here you go. Let me get like Kwan. So you're happy. You're gonna be someth man when he has fifty home runs and the Yankees are win eighty two games. If you're gonna hit twenty six months pregnant, I don't know. Yes on the head out of maternity leave, not pregnant. Too many Pretzel jones, they hit too many, too many bigger in Texas tomorrow. Be he you guys, not that with to touch toast. And by the way, I'm hating on him if you're new to the show, because I'm a Yankees fan, that's why I love one. That's my motherfucker. All right, let's go to my playoff. Harlay college football playoff, I think is the best thing that's happened to college football. It's leveled the playing field, all the top seeds better than the nil dude, nil, and the playoff combined has given for the casual college football fan more interest, to be honest, because when you do the math, you know who would have been in the college playoff if they did an old school style, the championship would have been Georgia against Oregon. Where are those two teams now sitting on there as? So it just gives a little more opportunity for teams to show no, no, they may be ranked number one, but the old system of hey ranked is what matters.
Speaker 2: That's that he got a five and four going at it in what six and three?
Speaker 1: I think a bet that if any other sport was like, yeah, we're just gonna give the championship to the team we think is best. And then they were like, well, now we'll have a game, all right, Now, we'll make it a couple teams. By making it the bigger playoff, it really is just enhanced college football. So we got two games today and tomorrow. You'll get your championship game after the next two days. But here's what I like. Notre Dame and Penn State. This is a point spread of one and a half. I can't imagine having a feeling on this game that's that drastic. So I'm not even gonna care who wins. But if you look at the past five games or so from each team, I think we're gonna see more offense. And the over under is only at forty four, so I could argue that you could see both of these teams easily scoring in the twenties. So I like the over, forget the point spread. I like the over and Penn State Notre Dame, and simply just because they've looked so dominant, they beat other good teams by significant margins. And your brother in law, Chris Ohio, you'd go to Lovum. I just like Ohio State by six beating number three texts eating Texas. I just think think that Texas is good, but I don't think. I don't think they can stop Ohio State. And I just think I like Ohio State winning by a touchdown. And I just like the over in Notre Dame Penn State. So lock that in college football playoff. Covino on Rich Wow, look at that.
Speaker 2: Use code cr show c R S H O W for Coveno and Rich Show. Thanks again to DraftKings, and thanks again for using the code. Enjoy your foosball, everybody.
Speaker 1: Five days of Wow, five days of days of bonters. Enjoy and hey, stay safe on the West coast and we'll see you later. Until then, aree with there, baby, see you in the over Promised Land.