Speaker 1: Scal comes from.
Speaker 2: SCA.
Speaker 1: Come right, that's right, godess what's popping? Congregation? Is your girl?
Speaker 3: Lacy Mostly aka Scam got us back with another installment of the comedy podcast all about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them. And you already know, congregation, get up, waver your hands. But sure, Martin Luther King, you know y'all got them fans with the popsicle stick on the end from the funeral home. Yeah, wave them in the air, Wave them in the air because you already know that. I'm very what yes, excited for today's guess. He is a bishop of the Congregation at OG member. Welcome him back to the clergy. Okay, he's a dope guest. He's an American television writer and podcaster born in Milwaukee, wisconsant alma model. I can never say Loloya correctly Looya University. He's the main host of the crook and media podcast Keep It, a podcast where pop culture and politics collide. He released his book recently, which is guaranteed to be a good time. Y'all already cover to cover in one sitting. It's called Pure Innocent fun essays. It's a nostalgia collection of sixteen original essays, combining a memoir and criticism, offering a brand new pop culture manifesto, and it certainly does that congregation. Please welcome the incomparable Ira Madison, the third to the show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Iira, Hi, we got through it. What's they edited?
Speaker 3: It's gonna sound perfect, But I did read pure innocent fund cover to cover and I had so much pure innocent fun. I have beef now with miss Halston, who definitely should have cast you in one of them. Dann plays thank You, so she'll be on my share list forever. I had a theater teacher like that. I did get cash b never get like the main role, but that shows her. I'm the only professional actor out of that damn school. So you know, adversity ever.
Speaker 2: They do it to us, You know they do it to us. The person who's the lead is never do you ever see them anywhere?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna throw no shade because if I say what they're doing right now, then that's shade. But like they're definitely not working in the industry. But you know what, that's fine. I played my big parts to the best of my ability, and I didn't won awards for them, so I was like, y'all.
Speaker 1: Can't hold me back, y'all can't hold me down.
Speaker 3: But I did also have to work in the like set department as well, like you like doing tech work sometimes exactly I know how to work a circular saw not well, but you know, they let me.
Speaker 4: So I know how to sell. You know how to do the things.
Speaker 3: I know which prop's going on, which prop table? Okay, and now I'm working entertainment. So y'all lost? I want anyways, No, but I really loved your book. It was very nostalgic for me, just like going through all these like historical pop culture moments of kind of seeing them through your lens of like growing up as a youth.
Speaker 1: And so it was really fine. What made you want to write this book?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I've always wanted to write some form of a book. When I was a kid, I thought I was going to write my own goosebumps because.
Speaker 1: You was on forums forums.
Speaker 4: Maybe I was. I was.
Speaker 2: I love goosebas I was writing on the Buffy forums, I was doing fanfic. I thought I was going to write either that. I was going to write, you know, some Fear Street books, some Christopher Pike, like I would have even written my own like Hunger Games or something, you know, But okay, no, I went to school for theater and then I started working in TV in La So I think all that stuff like gets away from you. You know what It's like, you know, you're doing something for so long and then you sort of you don't have time to do everything else if you're trying to do it well, you know, but I'm going to take you right on back to this little thing called COVID and then the writers right.
Speaker 4: Back to back.
Speaker 1: So it took the writers out the game.
Speaker 3: People didn't realize, like the recovery after the writer strike was not like, oh yay, we have to pick a line, everybody go back to work. It was like, now everybody going write their own show by themselves. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Where to rooms?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm on the other side of the game.
Speaker 4: In the bookstore. So that is what happened to me.
Speaker 2: I was just, I don't know, reading one of my favorite books, Sex Shows and Cocoa Puffs, which was sort of by Chuck Close to Men. Very formative to me for falling in love with pop culture criticism and got me into writing it, you know, for like GQ, New York Magazine, BuzzFeed, et cetera. And I was rereading it when we were in lockdown, and I was like, this is this is something I can write actually, you know. It was just a longer form version of what I've been writing for magazines and websites, and so I was like, get in on that was.
Speaker 1: To do it right?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I went, that's the writery.
Speaker 3: Of you to like go to a remote European city and write your book. I just imagine you're having so many coffees and like staring out the window and having a typewriter, like an old school typewriter.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like a little I like a little writer's vacation, you know. I think everyone tries to have their little bald one or something moment. But I just I can't really write at home. I think since since you know COVID and everything, it's once I started recording the podcast at home exclusively, and then all of my other work I do is at home too.
Speaker 4: You know. It's it's so hard for me to just write in.
Speaker 1: So we need to change the scenery.
Speaker 2: You need to change the scenery, you know. So I put in the back. Actually I put everywhere that I wrote the book. You know, I wrote it on Fire Island during the summer. I wrote it.
Speaker 1: Now, how we write on Fire Island?
Speaker 3: I know there was a lot of parties going on, and well, now listen, that's not was that.
Speaker 1: The os which I feel out so.
Speaker 3: Wheel out over here inks of paper and asked the gays press their hot came and next to each other. I couldn't help but wonder, like, sir, to be serious.
Speaker 2: It's when you go, it's for a share for the whole week, you know. And so my friends have real jobs, and most of them do. And when during the day when they'd be you know, I was doing my work from home too, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, classy, classy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I interviewed Nicole Kidman on Zoom.
Speaker 4: Like last year for Officielle. For the magazine cover.
Speaker 2: I did a profile I did of her last year from my Fire Island Hollows Girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's very cloy.
Speaker 3: And I love like, I love your love for Nicki Kidmen and when you talk about her in the book, because I also do have a deep love for Nicky cadm In and I do think it's funny that her and Tom Cruise divorced, but then they came back together to bring movies back in their own ways. I was like, there's nothing a lot of place like this, and then time Cruise was like, I'm gonna jump off every building. Y'all come get back in these movies. I'm jumping off all these builders. I'm trying to kill myself. Watch it a four K and you know they did a great job. Yeah, So we always ask on this on these podcasts. What's your relationships to scams?
Speaker 1: Have you been scammed?
Speaker 3: Have you run any It could be anything recent, anything in the zeitgeist that's really gravitated.
Speaker 4: Attention, baby, I've running a scam right now.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa. We love activity.
Speaker 2: Now you'll have to describe it for your listeners, you know, but look at this.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, these glasses I ron, I thought these glasses were foreseeing.
Speaker 1: They're just being seen now. Girl.
Speaker 2: I got Lasa Good twenty and everyone who knew me prior to that used to wore I wore glasses.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I never was a contact person. I was I could not get the contacting girl. So I was never a contacts person. And after like the Lasik, I got used to like b you know, my face without the glasses.
Speaker 4: But there was a certain.
Speaker 2: Point last year or so where I found you know, those like black like big black like Luave sunglasses.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I found somebody was selling a pair in Times Square ten dollars. Ten dollars, Yeah, ten dollars. Bought it. Bought it. But then I was going to an event and I was like, sometimes you know, you can like do the like little chic wearing a sunglasses at the event thing, but I was like I didn't really look good good for like the outfit or the event. And then they were on ten dollars, so I popped the lenses out and these were chunkier, so it was giving you know, like Dwayne Wade was giving a different world like nineties like black cheek, and my friends are like, oh my god, I love these, and ever since then, I love a fake glasses a twenty vision.
Speaker 1: But then realizing like glasses really give me that wreath, so.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing the off theor vibe, you know.
Speaker 2: And also the other scam too was this girl saw me at this event and she was like, wait, luay.
Speaker 4: They came up with the sa eye glasses for.
Speaker 2: Them, and I was and I was like, and I was like, yeah, baby, fresh off the runway.
Speaker 3: You ain't ready for these, You ain't ready for I got these passion week.
Speaker 1: Okay. They were throwing them at Mercedes Minz and I call up here.
Speaker 2: But just like New York, I thought I'd never see this girl again, right, keep running into her at other things, and she would like tell people, She'd be like, he got like the the way they glass.
Speaker 4: I'm like, girl, enough, Now you gotta.
Speaker 1: Go with the bit. Now you gotta go with the bit.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell everybody you called him at Mercedespis Fashion. We Kylie Jenner ripped them off her face and you were like, thank you, miss Mama's. I also loved like having twenty twenty vision and still wearing glasses.
Speaker 1: For the bit, for the vibes. They do look good.
Speaker 3: And you were the few people that I know who's had lasik that they didn't have any trouble with it.
Speaker 1: So that's good too, a blessing for your.
Speaker 3: Corneas because you notice said the girls who were getting lasik were going down bad. They yeah, like a lot of times, like if it's done wrong, like your eyes hurt forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen I'm blanking on the basketball player's name because I don't know NBA. But I got I got my Lasik back when I was still in LA and I went to I did my research. I went to this doctor in Bevery Hills who had like done some celebrities eyes. So I was like, if he ain't, if he ain't sucking up the eyes for now of the stars of the stars, then I'm good.
Speaker 1: So you went to the right place.
Speaker 3: I think a lot was away, so the places that were advertised online. I remember I was in Texas and there was always this laser guy, doctor Booth, and he had a very strong Texas accent, and what my name is, doctor Booth, And I'll do your lea sick for you. I'll cut youry real good. And just felt like you should not be getting bastick from doctor Booth. No shade doctor moved out there. I just felt like he was a little too country witty.
Speaker 4: The girls do that, and it's like it's like.
Speaker 3: Get a BBL in Miami, like Dominican Republic. I'm like, no, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I need to go to the best case in point.
Speaker 2: There were some people in New York recently who joined a class action lawsuit against this uh doctor who turned out he was giving fake botox you know, to people.
Speaker 4: For two things about that.
Speaker 2: One, a friend I know admitted that on Instagram, like this is a scam. I'm joining the class action lawsuit to accept her. I was like, well, first of all, you would never catch me admitting that I got fake botox online.
Speaker 1: It are you getting fake b Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just join the class action lawsuit. But you don't need to tell people on Instagram. And then two, yes, in Hell's Kitchen just.
Speaker 3: Said in Hell's Kitchen Kitchen, girl, ain't nothing good happened?
Speaker 2: Baby, he got a lot of the New York games. Okay, he got a lot of them with the fake botox. And my other thing too, is one botox is so cheap, So why are you going Why are you not going to the best of the fast? Right? Why are you're not going to the best of the best. And then second, back on like the Lasik thing, this is my eyes. You know, I'm like, if I'm spending money on getting the lay sick, I'm going to the best of the best. Doctor, I'm not like, I get that money is tight. However, are we back in a New recession again. But if you are going to do something like that where if if it goes wrong, you go blind, then you need to spend the actual money.
Speaker 3: Don't get a group practicians, Allison.
Speaker 1: I go to a nurse who was a nurse. She quit during COVID.
Speaker 3: She was like a STU ghetto here and now she's just does professional injections. I don't go to no dam, I don't go to botox party. What you're talking about we have a champagne and needle.
Speaker 2: Baby, botox and burgers parties that these girls be inviting people to absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Room in your living room with a glass of prosecco and a plastic glass.
Speaker 2: Girls, if I wouldn't eat your cooking, if cooking, I'm certainly not gonna get botox in your living room.
Speaker 3: Know you didn't give me some cooks and orange juice. Talk about here go a needle? No, no, no, y'all got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not not a and a needle. Y'all.
Speaker 3: Please be serious, y'all. Certain things do not need to be discounted. That is a scam. If you get major surgery, if.
Speaker 1: You want to get you a BBL or a little or a KNBL of.
Speaker 3: That the guys will get nbls breaking their knees to get longer legs. I'm like, please, don't learn how to walk again because you want to be three feet taller. Like, that's not let's not do this. But if you're gonna do it, please go to a professional. No one you saw line, no advertisement you saw on the train for some titties. No, if they got an average house on the train on TV, those not the people you want to go to word of mouth professional.
Speaker 4: Please, now, i'bl I might need knee surgery soon though I'm you.
Speaker 1: Don't need n BLBL.
Speaker 2: But that's the babe. The knees ain't what they used to be. Okay, I'm a millennial of a certain age, you know what it's like.
Speaker 3: That's because you be dipping low is stuff that should be at Fire Island.
Speaker 1: In between writing a book.
Speaker 2: Little John used to tell us to get loud. How many songs we grew up with where they're like, get low okay.
Speaker 3: And we should have better sense than to listen to little John. And that's the lesson here, Okay. All he was supposed to do was say yeah in the back of okay, and that was enough scoff come, So let's get into today's episode to keep it in the pop culture realm, pure innocent fun. Our expert here, we're gonna be talking about something. Y'all have been hit me up for a long time. Sean Kingston and his mom. I'm a Janis.
Speaker 1: So Sean Kings mister King's son.
Speaker 3: Y'all wait to booy, feel good. That's why I got a scam the government. He's like, Oh, I like that better, just say you wait to boo that felt good?
Speaker 1: That's why I got a scam.
Speaker 4: No work.
Speaker 3: Yes, So Sean Kingston here and his mama Janis stole one million dollars worth of watches, cars, jewelry, and mattresses by pretending to pay for them using forged receipts. Now, I will say cars, jewelry, Sean King I know you had that one song. I know Serena Williams took you on a date. At one point you were really living the high life. And I haven't heard much from you since those days, and I can understand you trying to keep up that lifestyle. We're looking at a picture of him his mama. He got his mama in some kind of rap dress. She looks like, you know, she's getting her hair done once a week at the beauty salion.
Speaker 4: She looks a little like, oh Nija, doesn't she respect.
Speaker 1: The law a little bit?
Speaker 4: In respect the law, though.
Speaker 1: Not at all. They were very much disrespecting the law.
Speaker 3: They're they're on a red carpet, but they look like they're going to two different places. Like she's got on a gown, he's got on some dusty sneakers and a jacket. And I don't know where they're going. I guess it's just the American musical Leather.
Speaker 4: Leather cargo pants too.
Speaker 1: Oh, leather cargoes are just where did you even find these?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: This is the salt that's good?
Speaker 4: Like I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought all of those were confiscated when the police raided the bad Boy of States.
Speaker 4: Like leather cargo pants is so.
Speaker 3: Hey they are, because what are you putting in those cargo pants pockets?
Speaker 2: Guns have this and their leather so you're hot, so you probably have extra stuff on you.
Speaker 3: So your gun sticking to your thigh through the leather pants and it's not given true leather.
Speaker 1: It's yeh, sweaty cheeks says, just sweat ships.
Speaker 3: For sure, like you know, when they use the bathroom, like when they pull their pants down, I feel like the mirror definitely fogging up just from like the condensation coming out of them pants.
Speaker 2: I definitely wors some leather pants was to the cloud and the like, trying to get them down the peak or trying to get them off when you get a home too is couldn't be me.
Speaker 3: That's where you gotta humble yourself and lay down as an adult and just peel them off your body. That you have to really peel them off slow, like a fruit roll up. It's just layers that you gotta get off of your body. You know, you get a fruit roll up that's been sitting in the store too long ago, plastic you gets stuck. That's how leather pants are to get off. And I can't imagine if they got this many pockets. But you know what Sean King, you were. You were giving what the times required of you. I do want to say, like cars, watch his jewelry, that's all keeping up the famous facade.
Speaker 1: And obviously all we know.
Speaker 3: From Shaan King is beauty for girls. I don't know another Sean Kings song.
Speaker 1: Was he an American idol?
Speaker 2: No, that was Ruber's stud I love you keep calling it king like the other scammer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, Sean Kinston. I'm beginning to mix up. I'm beginning to mix up. Sean definitely black Kingston. I'm gonna put some respect on his black ass name. But like I get, trying to keep up the celebrity lifestyle because that begets more success. So if we see Sean Kingston at an award show and he's got on his tightest leather pants and his mama on his side, we might be like, ooh, new music, Sean Kingston preparer. You know, maybe so. But the mattress for me is what I actually am mattress because like stealing a mattress.
Speaker 1: Okay, at least you want to, you know, scam and have good sleep. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You scam in a full, nice rest so that you can do crime even better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know what mattress? Was it a sleep?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: As I will say, mattress are expensive as hell.
Speaker 1: They are, and a good one. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Sean Kingston's background, this is my worst Jamaica in accent. Turn to five year old Sean Kingston was born Keishawan Anderson and he grew up in Florida and Jamaica, which is where he got the stage name Kingston. So he just took that from Kingston, Jamaica. He was like, my name is Sean and I'm from Kingston. You know what solid name? Famous record producer Jack Ruby was Shawn's grandfather.
Speaker 1: Not a NEPO.
Speaker 3: But Sean had a rough upbringing, as he tells it. So he was a NEPO a little bit. But he said he had it rough. Okay, this photo is definitely given rough. Can we go back to the other photo.
Speaker 1: What happened to Sean here? Was this after his skiing accident or some jet skiin.
Speaker 4: We jump in a head a little bit, right, but that's what I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, store now he was knock knock knocked. So this is the latest picture of Sean Kingston. And oh no, that's worse.
Speaker 4: That's that's lock up.
Speaker 1: That's lock up. That's he had to eat ramen noodles.
Speaker 3: I know his diet is full of salt now and no akey, no, no, no fish is giving prison food. Oh Sean, Sean, you gotta start working in the in the prison kitchen and get the all vegetables up, because too you real puffy baby. So his mother and his sister were sent to prison when Sean was fifteen. His mother, Janie Turner a ka Mama Kingston, now she changed her name to Mama Kingston where her son got don't look at her and she was like, oh mama tattooed eyebrows and look, she still had her last extences when they picked her up. She had just got a fresh fell batty baddy post for me.
Speaker 4: Is gone.
Speaker 3: They like, she got almost like the Stevie Wonder situation where the braids are starting at the nape of the neck because where is the hair in the front. You can only have that hairstyle if you blind babes, like I know you can see that. We give Stevie a pass because he blind, Like you can't have that, baby, But okay, So Mama Kingston as she's known on Instagram, pled guilty to stealing over one hundred and sixty thousand dollars in a bank fraud scheme and spent more than a year in prison at that time. And so this is a quote Sean Kingston said, I've been through a lot. I did twenty one days in jail, been to boot camp, got sent to Jamaica, slept in cars with my family.
Speaker 1: I had a rough life.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sean, I understand why you went to scamming like you had a rough life, sleeping in cars with your mama in the back of her braids. That this is a tough time. I can also understand why you would want a mattress. Yeah, but the point in her eyebrows tattoo too.
Speaker 4: I'm looking it up now too.
Speaker 2: And I have a Satva mattress, which is you know, it runs for like twenty one hundred Okay, Casper, Yeah, I got it. But I got that when I first moved into this three and a half years ago, and so I've had it ever since, you know. And it's you gonna move with me to my next department too, because it's a good ass. Mattress's good ass. That's another That's another thing too, Just like spending money on surgeries or whatever.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: You gotta go for the quality with the mattress, because that baby, I want to tell I want to tell young people listening, your future self will thank you for spending a correct amount of money on your mattress because I've had a bad mattress in my twenties.
Speaker 4: I've got the key of mattress before.
Speaker 3: Okay, i want nailed to me from Walmart that when you start to inflate with the air.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've all been on those mattresses. But that is why I got the back problems I got.
Speaker 3: Now right, if you don't want to crook at your neck, if you don't want none of that, then you got you might have to scam yourself a good mattress.
Speaker 1: They weren't wrong with that one. That was a good purchase.
Speaker 2: With The problems are not like people joke about it. It's not. It's not a joke. Like a back problem fucks up your day, fucks up your life.
Speaker 4: It does not go away.
Speaker 3: It hurts and it comes back randomly. It'd be like, ooh, it's a little rainy outside, Here go my back.
Speaker 4: What right?
Speaker 2: You think you're perfectly fine? I think my back problems went away for like years. I had to get a personal trainer to like get out of it. And all of a sudden, I'm just like like getting on the subject once and then and then I'm just like ooh, it's like your back goes out and I'm like, actually, y'all, I'm gonna have to go home. The back goes out out, it's then you're you're done.
Speaker 4: For the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So y'all stretch every day. Get a good mattress.
Speaker 3: Even if you gotta scam it, it'll be it's a lifetime guarantee. That's a lifetime scam guarantee, is a good mattress. So you know, Sean Casey had a rough life, right, but he had breakout fame as a teen and seemed to lift him and his.
Speaker 1: Family out of that rough life.
Speaker 3: He borrowed a friends computer to join my Space, where he found the page for producer j R. Rhadam, who produced Rihanna's S O S.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 2: I I love j R Roto Okay, I was just gonna put that out there.
Speaker 1: If you know what, how much hair product does he have in right now?
Speaker 4: That's a lot of hair product for that time day girl. It would have worked on me back in that era. Okay. He's by the way, he's South African, oh, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Not another one our white South Africans.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, okay, but he's not Elon Okay, because he gave us S O s. He gave us obviously Beautiful Girls and take You There by Sea Kingsta. He gave us Ashley Tisdale he said, she said, uh. He gave us Cheetah Girls. Okay, he gave us Brittany. Everybody.
Speaker 3: See, this is why we have the pure innocent fun expert, because Iron knows everything about pop culture.
Speaker 1: He ain't reading nothing.
Speaker 3: He literally knows okay, okay, so he could he could tribute to the community. Yes, yeah, you can stay in America.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite songs Walking Out of Taker, which is from Maya's album Liberation, which I don't feel like it was even released in the US.
Speaker 4: I think it was like Japan, but.
Speaker 1: May hesitant to get over here his his.
Speaker 2: Like his credit shout just the way She's like j R. Like I love it. And by the way, look up Walking Out of Taker is a great song featuring Snoop Dogg. And also look up the demo walking Out of Talker because it was yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could see Lindsay eating it up to I love a Lindsay.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of rum and started sick up being follow Yeah, I love I Love Lindsay and all her eras her messy eras all of them, so Yes Jr. Wrote them, who obviously is iconic in the music scene, was found by Sean Kingston on MySpace, and you know that's used to be where the girls would be getting a hits like Cassie.
Speaker 1: Had ismena Now I'm a way Dad.
Speaker 3: My Space and that was a bob okay. He also did Kevin Federlines most hated. I don't remember that, but Kevin Federline did try to do music before. He just tried to be Britney Spears's teat you.
Speaker 4: Don't remember proposal.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about scams and embarrassing moments and this will this will be in this will be in book two, your little teased by the way, because book two is gonna get into the two thousands. One night during college at Loyola, I went to the House of Blues and I did see Kevin Federline performed yes, and he was also this is also like, it is very disrespectful that I was at this conture because he was sort of like fuck Britney Spears at one point in it, and no one joined in.
Speaker 1: No, everyone's just silent. It was just criked.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, y'am not all right anyway, we're here for the laughs, sir, listen, we're here.
Speaker 1: Ironically, the ticket was fifteen dollars. Yeah, that's it. He thought he was having a concert. We're like, this is for a bit.
Speaker 3: We're all here for the bit, bro, No one's hearing any serious capacity.
Speaker 1: Don't get it confused. But I'm glad he was alulu enough to think that.
Speaker 3: We actually came to see him do popos out and his little background dancer moves. So Sean emailed JR. Every day until he got a response. Damn, listen, you got a hustle?
Speaker 4: How long? He doesn't say how long, It just.
Speaker 3: Says every day, So we don't know how many days that it was, but we know it was every every day.
Speaker 4: So JR. For not blocking him, right.
Speaker 3: That was back before we started blocking people for real. You'd just be like, oh, they're emailing me again.
Speaker 4: I block my money email now. I've blocked any email.
Speaker 1: Any email now but my space. We wasn't really blocking for real. So JR. Produced Sean's debut album single.
Speaker 3: Bety Fo Girls in May of two thousand and seven, when Sean was seventeen. It's slayed at number state at number one. On Billboard's Hot one hundred for three weeks, and suddenly everyone knew who this reggae fusion teenager singer rapper was.
Speaker 4: That's I Sam.
Speaker 3: His self titled album was certified Go. He toured with Gwen Sefani, Chris Brown, Kelly Clarkson, and also co wrote Jason Derulo's number.
Speaker 1: One hit M What You Say.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he was having a moment in the two thousands, and that was what Jasons girl jam. Yes it was. They was playing that song on Gossip Girl.
Speaker 3: And this is when Jason Derula wasn't getting on our nerves because he wasn't on TikTok yet. Because then Jason Derulo got on TikTok and I swear he will not put the baby oil down, and he's just baby oiled up, dancing with muscles every time we turn around, and you know what, Jason, do what your heart desires.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cringe, but I love it for you.
Speaker 2: Support Jason Derul only because when I used to live in LA I used to go to the Hollywood Equinox and he used to work out there.
Speaker 4: He looked good doing pull ups.
Speaker 1: He supportive because he looked good doing pull ups.
Speaker 4: He looked good girl. I'm sorry. Jason Deiro was fine.
Speaker 1: I can't support the only reason I can't support him is because I do think.
Speaker 3: He's a little corny and when he and Jordan's sparks like in all, Remember she had her purity ring and then she was with him, and then he had ran away with her purities and whatnot? Right, girls, let's not bring let's not bring back purity rings ever, y'all. You just you do what you want with your body. We don't need to see the ring to know if it's if you're trying to keep your COUCHI pure. Just do what you want with your body, keep it pure, don't but you don't need jewelry for it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he took away her air and she she couldn't breathe no air. So you know he was wrong for that.
Speaker 3: So in summer of two thousand and eight, Jason released or Sean Excuse Me released a personal song, a heartfelt oh to his mother entitled Dryer Eyes, which includes the lyrics you know how to make me better even when we lose our cheddarm.
Speaker 1: So that's foreboding. I remember the mama was already a scammer.
Speaker 3: She had been locked up when he was fifteen for still one hundred and sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So if they lose the cheddar, mama knows how to scam it better.
Speaker 4: So beautiful business.
Speaker 3: Yes, wait, let's hear a little clip of the song because I don't remember this one. It was a good Do we remember this song?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I just want to tell you.
Speaker 1: First morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, Actually this album goes off and got it back.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sean, We're gonna put some respect on your name, mister Kingston, because yeah you did.
Speaker 1: You had a moment. It was cute that for you, Bob.
Speaker 3: Run. So let's get into his jet ski brushed with death. I do remember this being in the highlights. So on Sunday night in twenty eleven, Sean was racing his jet ski along Miami Beach with a female passenger when he hit the Palm Island Bridge around six pm. Now, why are y'all just getting into a bridge? You're not supposed to j just skie at night?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: Like, did the jet ski have lights on? And what are we doing? I know y'all not sober.
Speaker 3: So a passing boat rescued Kingston and his passenger from the water, and Miami Fire Rescue brought them to the hospital. He was critically injured in the accident with a torn aorta and required emergency open heart surgery. After twenty three days in the hospital, he was released and was cited for careless operation. Yeah, driving a jet ski at night and running into a bridge. I'm gonna say it's pretty careless. He and his passenger both recovered and by twenty eighteen and he resumed riding jet skis.
Speaker 1: He said that wasn't enough for me at once.
Speaker 3: One torn a order, one torna order ain't gonna stop me for hopping on the jet ski like I think that would do it for me. Are you getting back on a jet skie, Ira after you tear your heart open?
Speaker 4: First of all, I'm not on a jet ski in the first place. That is not a place where you will find.
Speaker 1: Me, not even with a little life Jess. At Fire Island, we do.
Speaker 4: Not jet ski What do you What do you think Fire Island is the Bahamas?
Speaker 1: I know y'all get married.
Speaker 4: I ain't letting go.
Speaker 1: Out y'all be at the parties. I'm just saying I want to take a little break, you know, from the parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I certainly wouldn't be getting back on it. Also, I remember this because it cut into the promo time for his iconic single. My favorite Sean Kingson single is Dutty Love featuring Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dutty Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of Nikki's best raps. Yeah, that's the that's the dot tee dot tee duty feeling.
Speaker 1: That song was popping.
Speaker 3: You can say a lot of things about Nicki Minaj that I'll never say because her hand her fans terrify me. But on one of them, oh my god, not a barb on the show. Now, I'm really being scammed. I don't want to be docs. I don't need anybody know.
Speaker 1: Where I live. Barbs.
Speaker 3: I love y'all, the swiftest and the barbs people I will never go up against in my life.
Speaker 1: But yes, that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Sucking Sun. She does great like features. She has some fire ass features on people's songs. That's one thing about Nikki. If you ask her to be on your song, you will get seasoning. She's not gonna come in and half asses. She's going to take your song over. Actually, people might not think it's yours anymore.
Speaker 1: By the end.
Speaker 3: So so this interrupted the press of that song because he was recovering in the hospital and at a point it was touch and go because I remember people being like, its Sean King Dad, Oh my god, he did.
Speaker 4: And for years after people would always tell you, you know, Sharks is dead.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not good for your career when people think are you dead?
Speaker 2: I mean, how many times did we think Lil Wayne was dead? So many times, Like it's constantly and people are always like, you Lil Way.
Speaker 3: Died, like and every time he popped back up in the scene, we'd be like, oh, he not dead. It was because he was having all those lean seizures and we were like, sirr. But he survived everyone. And that's why when he was mad because he wasn't doing the super Bowl in Louisiana when Kendrick did it, we were all kind of like, Wayne, we don't know.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna live through a whole Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Concert halftime, like babes say that, like you was on stage and Birdman was definitely leaning. At one point he was taking naps, like I think y'all might need to hang it up for a little bit, do some exercise. Retwist, the dread, I don't know, you know, come back to life before we start considering that long of a performance.
Speaker 1: So he wasn't dead, but the girl he thought he was.
Speaker 3: And although this is and related to the fraud that we're gonna discover, it's an interesting moment in his life that many places call a turning point for him. It was a time when he resessed and he reassessed what he wanted out of life, because you know, he had a near death experience that didn't take him off the jet Ski, but he was like, I gotta reassess after his I think that would have.
Speaker 1: Been the reassessment for me. Is no jet Ski's but okay.
Speaker 3: So after his debut in the early years, Sean released three more albums in twenty nine, twenty thirteen, and twenty twenty two, none which produced another chart topping hit.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he had an album in twenty twenty two. I did not know either. That's three years ago and I had not heard a people or a word.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and it does not even just look on his albums, it's not even a Wikipedia page for it.
Speaker 1: No, because he died the first album he drops should have been I'm not dead.
Speaker 3: And then he got to go do a bunch of publicity suns like fall down them stairs and we all you know that stair fall that we always called Jason Derulo at the met like he needed one of those. We knew he was alive again because we definitely forgot. So let's get into our next topic here. Rich people don't want to pay for things. This is something that I've learned recently. I'm trying to adapt it. Rich people stay rich because they just do not buy stuff or they get it for really cheap. And I'm like, oh, okay, this is how you keep your money. You don't spend it and you become a miser. So Sean and his mother were successfully sued on two separate occasions during his musical career. The two had to pay three hundred and fifty six thousand dollars in twenty fifteen after they were accused in a New York City federal court of failing to pay a customized watch seller. So he didn't win and got a four hundred thousand dollars watch. It was like, I'm Sean king Stein and just like walked out the Jerey store. Yeah, Waguan y'all watch and then left. So, yeah, you can't do that. You do need to pay people. Three years later, they were forced to pay three hundred and one thousand dollars to a New York jeweler who claimed they scammed the store out of nine items. Last years, the lawsuits escalated to actual arrests, and in March of twenty twenty five, they were found guilty of wire fraud for over a million dollars in So damn goods Now listen.
Speaker 1: I told y'all, don't do y'all crime through the mail. Don't do your wire.
Speaker 4: That's worse.
Speaker 1: No, through the wire where y'all created transferse.
Speaker 3: Hollus government, where I find you and put you in a stall. Don't do it like the wire is the easiest way for them to get you. Okay, So we're at We have Seawn's albums up here, and I don't recognize none of these except for the first one. Yeah, I don't know what he was toming about. I ain't hear no singles, nobody did. No TikTok dances, TikTok. Y'all get out there and find an undiscovered Sean Kings song, and y'all do some arm movements to it and help my king out because he's down bad right now.
Speaker 4: Put some money in his commissary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put so he can get real food because it looked like he really surviving off Rahmen. And now that sodium is real bad for he little bloated y'all. Yeah that picture, Yeah, that's a high sodium diet. We got to help Shine out because he's not doing well. Them beautiful girls, they might have got him suicidal at this point.
Speaker 4: So that is also just the chorus for that song is so funny.
Speaker 2: The beautiful girls they got me school got I'm like, okay, imagine imagine a young struggling team listening to that song right on the radio.
Speaker 4: Did they added out suicidal? Did they edit out the word suicidal the radio edit? It was No.
Speaker 3: I think they don't because I remember singing it like Sue Aside, and I feel like I should not be singing that word with such glee, and yet here we were. It was like, ye'all want to be a babbage. That makes everybody want to kill themselves. Yeah, it feels too bad, It feels like too much, But that was the time, you know. So Sean and Janis were found guilty of an organized scheme to defraud businesses, including car dealerships and like this was to the tune of fifty thousand dollars. They used fake recies and screenshots of wire transfers to convince sellers they had paid for things like cars and jewelry with actually no money had been transferred. I do love the privilege here of some black people being able to go places with fake wire transfers and be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we send it to you. Here's the piece of paper. We're gonna drive off the lot.
Speaker 4: Now that right?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 1: Not my world, No, not in my world.
Speaker 3: I feel like I want to test drive a car. There's like someone in the backseat would have gun to my head like you better.
Speaker 4: Bring your back.
Speaker 1: Yes, make love here.
Speaker 2: Wow the wire trans that is, that's bold. And my question too is we're now were they selling these things? Because I'm like, I know you're stunting, but right like I'm not. I'd like, who is Shaun Kings and something for with multiple cars and multiple watchers.
Speaker 3: And parties and then look, yeah, Sean King's on the list. He's pulling up in his Uh, I don't know. Mclauren, like, what what are we doing.
Speaker 4: If they were selling the items to you pay for their life, right.
Speaker 1: That's what I hope. So now they got a sound system lawsuit.
Speaker 3: From twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four, Seawn contacted victims via a social media platform to purchase high end merchandise. After negotiating deals, he invited sellers to his upscale homes in Broward County, Florida, using his celebrity status to gain their trust. Sean promised social media promotions and mentioned high profile celebrities as potential referrals. So he's still using his Beautiful Girl's cloud to get to the girls to go to the Broward County house with their equipment, and he's like, look, I'm gonna post you on Instagram. Everybody's gonna post you, Drea, who else be on Instagram? That one lady who turned us, I'm Brittany Renner Tokyo, Tony gonna post like, don't worry, everybody's gonna know about those sound system So in twenty twenty four, a company that sells and installs high end entertainment system sued Sean and his mom for fraud, breach of contract, and all of this was for failing to pay for a two hundred three thirty two inch television and robust sound system that was installed in his Florida home.
Speaker 1: So he had this society that's big as hell. That's like a wall.
Speaker 4: Oh think it's two hundred two inches too many inches.
Speaker 1: Where you're hosting the super Bowl? What's going on? Ship?
Speaker 3: So Sean promised that exchange for a lower down payment, he would convince Justin Bieber to produce promotional videos for the company. No promotional videos were ever filmed, and Sean paid only thirty thousand of the one hundred and fifteen thousand that he owed for the purchase and installation of the television and sound system. The lawsuit says, So he got one picture with Bieber and was like, don't worry, Bieber gonna come out here and be like, Yo, TV's too buoy fucker. That's why I had to hang it up, you know, Like I don't know he said he was gonna do this. I'm sure Justin Bieber is so tired of being in black rappers.
Speaker 1: Business because.
Speaker 3: Every time I turn around him and his bang, his bayang is in some rappers business, and I know he's like I'm tired, Like leave me alone. I married my white Baldwin wife and I moved back into whiteness. I'm Canadian.
Speaker 1: Please get all these negroes with chains away from me.
Speaker 4: He looked pretty good the other day. I saw him at Coachalla.
Speaker 1: Oh and he was looking well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was looking well with Haley.
Speaker 3: Because he been on Instagram looking unwell for a minute. So I'm happy that he looking well again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you know his pastor back in the game and got him doing stuff and we've remember when that happened before.
Speaker 1: God, I'm happy for him and whatever works.
Speaker 3: So the watch, We're not done with him pilfering damn Fort Lauderdale. Georde testified that he gave Sean an automarpa watch for two hundred and eighty five thousand dollars and the promise of introducing him to other celebrities. In a voice memo played during trials, Sean can be heard saying I'm going to have you at all my video shoots and red carpets. Now, you, as the Jeweler, should have known, Sean ain't done a video shoot.
Speaker 1: It ain't been on he ain't been on nobody's colored carpet in a minute.
Speaker 3: Where are the videos come on and is he talking about the carpet in his Brower County home, because I ain't seen him on nobody's carpet and then nobody's video for a hot minute, not since he died in the jet ski incident.
Speaker 4: That this is my thing too. And I've seen this, you know, listening to your show.
Speaker 2: I saw it on your TV show Abclu, Yes, yes, I saw it all your show Hulu. The celebrities, these quote unquote celebts who scare people. These are these are people I can rarely feel sorry for because you are obviously trying to get in with a celebrity to get something, et cetera. But the celebrity is so downtrodden, The celebrity is so far past their expiration date.
Speaker 4: What you think is happening?
Speaker 3: If you're trying to hit an entry point, you like, they got a little bit of cloud. Maybe somebody at the party will feel bad for them and come and then I can connect with the real celebrity.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. But videos and carpets, that's what what video we just looked up?
Speaker 3: We no things, no videos, no carpets. Did you mean a handheld camera. He's like, look, get in my iPhone video. This is what I mean by video, sir, what do you mean? And so he's posing here with the watch, and I mean, if he's going on a red carpet, he still has to show that he's popping. So this watch is definitely adding to like, Oh, Sean King didn't die, he didn't fall off. Look at his Artema's watch, like he must have money because that's an expensive watch. So obviously Sean King did not come through with his promise to this jeweler. He gave the jeweler a screenshot of a wire transfer, which the bank said was not authentic. Later, the juror was fired from his job and blacklisted after Kingston never put the bill.
Speaker 1: As the job you lost?
Speaker 3: This man who employment and he should have lost his employment because not a screenshot and he left with a turn or any thousand dollars watch, bro Ham, We're gonna need more than that.
Speaker 4: A screenshot of a wire transfer is wild to me. I'm calling the bank.
Speaker 3: Right, I didn't know you could do this. I'm gonna make me a screenshot of a wire transfer. See how far I could get with it? Because I didn't know people were just taking that off face value. Let me get a picture on one of my billboards and walk in somewhere and be like, I'm gonna introduce you to Whooping gold Berg. Give me this two hundred and eighty thousand dollars watch, and here's a screenshot of a wire transfer that I did to you. No look it up after I leave. Sometimes you gotta put the numbers in backwards. Just call me, but it's a fake number and I leave. The person who did this should have got fired. I'm so sorry, but you were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's silly behavior. That's behavior.
Speaker 3: At least say in charge you for the watch, But you gotta go find a shot case to yourself.
Speaker 1: This gotta be a villain origin story. He can't ease.
Speaker 3: He looks easy to chase. I feel like you could get him. I don't think he moving very fast, Like you could get him. Hop on a jet ski and chase him down in Florida.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 3: So the verdict was a shot so set posted on Instagram and before his arrest, as one does people love negative energy. Let's look at this Instagram post. He said, people love negative energy exclamation point. I am good and so is my mother. My lawyers are handling everything as we speak. And this is Tim posting after it said. Sean King speaks out after his mother was arrested at his home.
Speaker 4: The comments you should have had the bills, sir.
Speaker 1: No, so many on the comments. No, the comments are so disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Can you afford to pay a lawyer? Attorney?
Speaker 1: But did you pay the lawyers?
Speaker 4: Lol?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Who did those guilty? I guess they attacked you and your family. Two people are delusional, Sean, what did you do? Okay, hope the lawyer. Hope not the lawyer that was on the news laughing face. You know, when you're going through real legal trouble and everybody cracking jokes on you in your comments.
Speaker 1: That ain't right.
Speaker 4: It was arrested for those eyebrows.
Speaker 1: That's nasty. Were her eyebrows? Do give crime? Her eyebrows been legal?
Speaker 3: If I saw those eyebrows, I would pull you over in a routine traffic stop and search your car because I know something ain't right.
Speaker 4: Those are the eyebrows that.
Speaker 2: Jerry's uncle had on simefelt that is those are crazy eyebrows.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry they.
Speaker 1: Are have eyebrows? Ever lied to you because.
Speaker 2: Uncle Leo from sidefeld that she's giving Uncle Leo. I'm thank you, Jess. I'm wow.
Speaker 4: She looks like she's glaring at me.
Speaker 3: Yes, those eyebrows are lying to me as we speak, like through the like through the video, like I would not believe a thing those eyebrows said.
Speaker 1: So this makes sense.
Speaker 3: They were like, get her, guys, They're like what grounds it was like you see her eyebrows?
Speaker 1: Lock her up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gotta find an unbiased jury of blind people to have her in court because I'm gonna say, he'll see you just off the rip.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: So during the trial, one of the key pieces of evidence was a text that Sean Kingson sent to his mother that read I told you to make a fake receipt, followed by so it looks like the transfer will be there in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: So now y'all sending this over text.
Speaker 3: You couldn't send your mama phone call like Heym'm gonna make that fake receipt real quick. You send it via text like, hey, mama, do the fraud like this? What you thought that wasn't gonna get picked up? You don't write down crime?
Speaker 4: Why are you I told you to make the fake receipt. Come on now.
Speaker 3: Also, you're incriminating yourself as hell, like you could have been like, mom, do you have the receipt? You don't got to say it's fake, and you certainly don't have to be like, hey, it's me Sean Kingston doing a robbery here?
Speaker 1: Hey mom, did you make that fake receipt?
Speaker 4: Whatever happened to calls? Bring that phone persons right.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna write something down, put it on a letter that you burn in the fireplace, like let's take it back to the og crime because y'all getting a little to mama, Yeah, and then burn it it, burn it in front of him, because the fuck is s Like, what is you talking about? You sent a text message, Mama, did you get my email with a fake crime that I said we're doing this weekend at two pm at the dealership?
Speaker 1: Like you just gave him everything they needed. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: So he wrote down all his crimes, which does not help, the judge said. Sean's mother showed she was the fixer and the nerve center for the alleged fraud's screen like scheme, while Kingston's defense team claimed he was simply a child who was clueless about his finances.
Speaker 1: Not you're throwing your mama to the boat.
Speaker 3: You hate a whole song about how she hustling hard for you, and now you're gonna throw her under the jet ski like this as soon as y'all go to court.
Speaker 1: That ain't right.
Speaker 4: He said, dry your eyes yourself, ma'am, ma'am, dry your eyes. That was the song. Okay, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: He did say he wasn't gonna do it. You know, we should have took the hint right there.
Speaker 3: But he did also say he loved his mama and that was his number one hustler for better or for poorer, right, something about some cheedda and being better.
Speaker 1: But I guess when it ran out, he was like, you got to go. You expired, mama.
Speaker 3: Dam They were both found guilty of stealing almost five hundred thousand dollars in jewelry, more than two hundred thousand dollars from Bank of America, one hundred and sixty thousand dollars from a bulletproof Cadillac escalade dealer.
Speaker 1: Damn, who's trying to shoot casehean kingson that he needed a bulletproof. We know you were alive. Son, I don't think anybody was trying to shoot you. You ain't need bulletproof. Well, I mean the jeweler okay, the jewelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, because if I'm a jeweler who got fired for that artomrs PJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm might be shooting you, I might shooting here.
Speaker 4: We had he had ops in Florida. Okay, and this is also.
Speaker 3: Florida, so them jewelers ain't all on the up and up. He dealing with them, uncut gems, jewelers.
Speaker 1: Uncut chats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they were all ready to stand their ground. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was very much some safty brothers Adam Sandler, jeweler type niggas who got the gun.
Speaker 1: They got the blinky right there next to the watches.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, they do their own justice in Florida, Okay, with black people. All he was he was scared.
Speaker 3: You know, the NAACP has had it on their lists for a long time of places not to travel to in America, and Florida is one of them. If you're black, you're not supposed to be over there. They don't warned us. They warned us, definitely not if you're doing crime. You need to stay a black ass out of Florida.
Speaker 4: It is not in the Green Book.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not in the Green band.
Speaker 4: The whole state is just empty.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 4: Don't go there.
Speaker 1: Don't go there. Not for spring Break, not for art Basil, not for for Disney.
Speaker 4: Nope, No, California.
Speaker 3: There's one in California. That's where your black ass goes. Disney Land, not the world. Stay out of the world.
Speaker 1: Okay. If you were to stay in the world, stay out of Disney World because you're black. Okay.
Speaker 3: And clearly he was not getting the memo. And then also more than one hundred thousand dollars from First Republic Bank. How are you stealing money from banks? I'm intrigued because I haven't stolen no money from the bank.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: And actually, let me not say no, we'll talk off, We'll talk, Okay, I was, I was good.
Speaker 4: There could be a college scam, Goddess, I said about.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll keep that team. You keep that tea for me.
Speaker 3: But then also they stole more than one hundred thousand dollars from the Republic Bank, right, and eighty six thousand dollars from Mattress.
Speaker 4: Firm yes, Oh, this was at the high quality mattress.
Speaker 1: Mattress firm, y'all.
Speaker 3: Now they sell different types of mattresses at mattress firm.
Speaker 1: So it might have not been the floor model.
Speaker 3: It might have been a sleep number, It might have been a you know, casper, it could have been a purple.
Speaker 1: I would hope that it was like an upgraded mattress.
Speaker 2: Okay, they have luxury mattresses at mattress firm. Okay, let me look up here. Okay they have serdas, kings down Crown, imperials, cha chatteromen wells.
Speaker 4: Okay, they've they've got some good mattresses. I wouldn't you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're not saluting our nose up. Mattress firm sponsored the show, And but eighty six thousand dollars worth of a mattress is that two mattresses, two really high quality mattresses.
Speaker 2: It feels like mattresses that's giving multiple mattresses, that's princesses.
Speaker 1: Furnisher with all the mattresses.
Speaker 3: It feels like y'all got like a whole moving truck worth the mattresses and you furnished your your broward home with all the mattresses.
Speaker 2: I still need to know if they were boosting these things, Like were they stealing them to then sell them again, or did the police recover just all the stuff in the mansion, you know, because if you were selling mattresses to family members or stuff for cheap or whatever that was stolen, this is a whole different enterprise.
Speaker 4: But I guess they would be charged with that too if they were doing yeah.
Speaker 3: But also boosting something so large it's crazy, Like I can't be like, hey, yo, I got the mattresses. That's a whole I gotta get a truck. I gotta deliver it to your house. We gotta fit it through the doorframe. Like if I'm gonna boost something, it's gotta be lighter. Like they should have boosted the jewelry for real. But the mattresses, I hope they were just in Sean Kingston's home. I'm sure he needs a good mattress after his jet ski incident, so that's understandable. Sean broke down in tears and cried out for protection for his mother as the two were found guilty. They each face a maximum of twenty years in prison depending on their sentencing. That's coming up this July, Sean was allowed to post bond of a relative's home at five hundred thousand dollars plus two hundred thousand dollars in cash, and is out on house arrest with an ankle monitor. Sean, you better get in that booth and come up with another hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, better get on that video sat now right, Like.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is when you gotta come out with yoll scamming song.
Speaker 2: This is I just can't get off the like the scamming of the video thing, because I'm if I were scamming, yes, I would at least like find like some wack producer, you know, like like a portion from Atlanta's like it's Dennis, you know, like Drew did, like sub producer, make a song, make some video for like you've already boosted stuff.
Speaker 4: You got the money.
Speaker 2: Make some video, even if you don't have a label, even if you're just releasing it yourself on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Technically, have you fulfilled the contract?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it'll get views.
Speaker 3: You put it right on Vevo and you call it Sean Kingston is dead. Everybody gonna click on it because you still don't know if you were live or not.
Speaker 1: That's mute.
Speaker 2: That's the single that's the singal Sean Kings. Sean, if you're listening, Sean Kings is Dead is the.
Speaker 3: Single turn down that ankle monitor for a second. Sean Kings is Dead. The song should be all about all the scamming and fraud you did. You know it used to be beted for girls and now it's gonna be you know, padded walls or like sales like you know, ram and noodles.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You got it, You got it, and people want to hear your true Sean while you free. Make some coins off of that, get the girls to do a TikTok dance to it. You don't even need a professional photographer, no more than like the internet is a meritocracy. You get somebody who got a good nikon cam. They follow you around with your ankle bracelet, and you cry for your mama and visit her in jail and make a music video while you free, like you gotta do it, Sean.
Speaker 4: Dry your eyes could become a TikTok trend YEP.
Speaker 3: It definitely could dry your eyes. Mama cries, We're giving you free game right here. Okay, prison times, just and do it on the mattresses. You stole and see if that mattress firm will sponsor you. They were like, the mattresses were too good. I had to steal them.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, our prices are a steal right, exactly.
Speaker 1: As Sean Kingston. He's like they really are. He would know.
Speaker 2: That's like a writer with Mark Jacobs, you know, like yesip flipping it into something good.
Speaker 3: Flipping into something good, Sean, because I don't want to see you go out like this. You already look like prison or a little bit of jail you was in, was doing you wrong. Get out there, jog to your jet ski. Oh this picture is just so upsetting every time we see it.
Speaker 4: It's just but he's a house arrest now, so he might be eating.
Speaker 3: He might he probably Jordasher, Okay, I hope he's getting a lot of water and maybe a few jogs in. He definitely needs to get to the studio and give us a whole scam album about how he was doing these. It should be called wire Fraud and the first single is I'm Not Dead And you know, just like really give the girls a memoir. You know you already got all the receipts and all the text messages, them the lyrics right there, you know, right that's the album cover art.
Speaker 1: Mom, did you fake the wire transfer for audio?
Speaker 4: Drop the audio in there, you know, like like remix it.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is what the girls want to hear, real true crime. Nobody's done true crime album yet. Okay, Yes, you're about to tap into a whole new market, Sean, go ahead and do that, okay, because the girls are waiting. They they already think you did anyway, so now they know you alive, and get these singles out here.
Speaker 1: See if Nicki.
Speaker 3: Minajeill come back on one and be like, hey, mister Kingston, you're going to prison, you know, and let's get it pop him.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about this scam overall? Iram?
Speaker 4: I like had heard about it.
Speaker 2: It was it was just very like what and now that we dove into it, this is a top tier foolishness, top tier foolishness.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not proud of the scammer.
Speaker 2: It's not particularly hilarious, like we had a good time, we had a key, but there's nothing particularly like haha about it, Like in the way Hilaria Baldwin.
Speaker 4: Was for insults, you know, it's not it's just sad. It's low rent scammery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I hate to see low rent scamming. I really wish that they had gone for better the watches had me. I was like an artemige, like, you're stealing two hundred thousand dollars watches. Okay, that's cute. How are we using that to apply ourselves? It feels like you were just stealing these things and then you weren't promoting.
Speaker 2: Steel right because there's no albums or some videos, there's no carpet, so you're just stealing it just to what floss in whatever Florida suburb you live in.
Speaker 3: Literally, at least do a music video or try to sneak on somebody's red carpet.
Speaker 1: I'm sure MTV would let you on there.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could be one to open and acts for nostalgia or something like I don't know, parap with a TikTok influencer, bring your song back or something.
Speaker 1: But no, you just chose to steal mattresses and watches for what.
Speaker 3: This is very boring, Like in the jet ski incident alone, I'm like you couldn't like you decided to change your life to crime after you had a near death experience on a jet ski. You got your ass back on the water motorcycle, but you didn't change nothing for the better.
Speaker 4: Right, And now you're going to prison like for.
Speaker 3: What you facing twenty years? You and your mama gonna be locked down in separate prisons. Y'all not even gonna be able to visit each other.
Speaker 4: And how old is he? Now?
Speaker 1: How old is he? Now?
Speaker 3: Let's look it up. I'm also kind of like, I don't want him to go to jail for this. I feel like they could find the mattresses and he could return them. The watches gotta still be out there, he could return, oh thirty five and going to prison's crazy. Yeah, you're gonna get out when you fifthy for some watches?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there should.
Speaker 3: Be a Now mama with them eyebrow she gotta stay in jail because this is her second offense. Like the eyebrows always gonna do crime. She don't got a choice. They said robbery and fraud. Those are my eyebrows. They may not be twins, but they are co conspirators.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, she couldn't scam to like get some like eyes, like a hair transplant for the eyebrows.
Speaker 1: No, she was like, the eyebrows are enough, that's all they do?
Speaker 4: That do they do that in Turkey eyebrows?
Speaker 3: They probably do. They definitely do a lot of stuff. Like I know at least Christy Teeken got an eyebrow transplant. And when you get your eyebrows transplanted, they grow like wherever the hair they took it from. So you gotta get them trimmed because then they be growing out like a bayang. But yeah, if you want someday brows, you can definitely get them, y'all. You just gonna have to trim them up. But I have curly hair. I thought about it, and then I was like, my I have like a fro about eyebrow fro I.
Speaker 1: Would have to have.
Speaker 4: I have perfect eyebrows. I fear you do. I've never had to shave them either.
Speaker 1: I plucked once when I was eight, and I never I never recovered.
Speaker 4: They don't grow. They don't grow at all.
Speaker 1: It was like they never recovered right here.
Speaker 3: They're still cute, but they never recovered right here from one plucking when I was eight, Because you know, that was like the early two thousands when the girls wanted like four hairs in one line, and that was an eyebrow.
Speaker 2: So I was trying to Ti Charlie poof little scar on one of them, because like a vase fell on me at my aunties when I was a kid up to no good, up to no good, like reached out for stuff but I shouldn't as a kid, and the vase fell and hit my head.
Speaker 1: But other than that, no, they're gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I can see them through these glasses that are definitely real glasses, not the whip of the hair when you took them off, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Sean.
Speaker 3: Kingston's story would qualify for the second edition of Pure Innocent Fun? Or is it not pop culture iconic enough? Because there's some very iconic like pop culture moments in this.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe for the second edition, you know we're going to dive into the two thousands, so my college years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you think like he could make it in here?
Speaker 4: Perhaps? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, because reading this, I really kind of just went on a journey of all different times. And I will say that without spoiling the book. Y'all, if you want to hear about pop culture, if you want to learn about IRA's life and his enemies and all types of Tea and his gay youth adult you definitely need to pick up your Innocent Fun. But also he is just a curator of pop culture and knows so much about it, and it will take you on a ride, it will remind you of things.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a warm hug. I loved it so much.
Speaker 3: I especially loved the moments where you're talking about black television shows that like shaped your youth. And not to spoil, but one thing that did make me laugh really hard is when you were talking about the Cosby show Fresh Prince and Family Matters and how Family Matters was the one that got you emotional.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then when I really thought about it, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, no, it actually makes sense, like Steve Burkle and Carl did have this real relationship where Steve was a weirdo who was abandoned by his parents and then Carl and him have a real relationship. And I was like, yeah, that actually was beautiful. It was so you taught me to think about certain things, like in different ways. And it's a very fun book. So I don't know if Sean's going to make it into his sequel book, y'all, but Puritists and Fun you can get it anywhere books are sold. You can also listen to the book wherever audiobooks are sold. I read it cover to cover in one sitting, and I had a really fun time with us. Also, the way you ended, I'm not going to spoil it, but i'll tell you off green it made me cackle.
Speaker 1: I was like, sir, are you serious?
Speaker 3: And then I like flipped to the next pat, so I was like, he's not serious, and then I was like, oh, he's serious.
Speaker 4: So if you want to know it's appropriate for scams too, it is.
Speaker 3: If you want to know the cliffhanger that'll have you gagged and looking like there has to be more pages after this, and you're like, oh, this is really what you chose to do.
Speaker 4: So fun.
Speaker 3: But Ira, we always ask at the end of the show, where would you like to be found? Anything you want to plug?
Speaker 2: Find me in the bookstore, okay, pure Innocent fund. In the bookstore, Pure Innocent Fund. On Audible, wherever you listen to podcasts, or sorry, wherever you listen to audio books, or wherever you read books is where you can find the book. Oh and it was just announced that I'm hosting the thirtieth anniversary of This American Life at Try It backa film festival with and Ira and Ira, Ira Linka and Glass the Third and the Glass.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, okay, that's something not to be missed. And then social media profiles.
Speaker 4: I'm the third on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I'm not on any of the other ones. It's over. I'm trying to talking to people.
Speaker 3: I'm still talking to y'all. You can find me a d I V A l A C I DVA lazy on all platforms. If you want to buy my book Audio Book, Audible, it's all out there, Scam Goddess. If you want to watch my television show Scam Goddess, that's all episodes are airing on Hulu. If you want to watch Going Dutch, all episodes are airing on Who He Lou. If you want to see these photos of down Bad Sean Kingston, get on Scam Goddess pod Instagram.
Speaker 2: Can't even talk about the fact that we were both shooting TV shows.
Speaker 4: In Ireland, Girl No Go in Dutch.
Speaker 2: You shot in Ireland in Dublin, and I was shooting the floor on Fox both to Fox.
Speaker 3: A, Foxs, Foxes like we live in Ireland, now they're like, this is where we go.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, wait til they get what's the what's the zip code in Dublin. That's gonna be the new Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Literally, we're gonna make it. Did you live?
Speaker 3: I know you lived in Dublin because that's where it's all popping in the streets. I lived in a Graystone.
Speaker 1: That's where you know.
Speaker 3: It's like bougie and rich and someone definitely committed a murder and the town has secrets. That's where I live, like off the coast, always jumping in the ocean and congregations.
Speaker 1: I want y'all to get out there and stay.
Speaker 2: King in.
Speaker 3: Okay, get out there and stay Maybe not Sean king in because he did a lot of bad thefts, but y'all get out there, and y'all stay king in because y'all wait too, beautiful girl, and that's why I'm suicidal.
Speaker 4: Don't settle for anything left than dutty love.
Speaker 3: It's Eva, Eva, and it's a king sotunon going to prison, Damn goddess.
Speaker 1: This has been in the Earwoop production in association with Team Coco. Scam got his stars and it's hosted by me Lacy Mosley aka Scam Goddess. Our producer is Jessica cis Neros and our audio engineer is Rich Garcia. Research for the show is conducted by Kate Doyle Stay Scheming