Speaker 1: It's started for donkeys today. I ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called Donkey of the Day. And it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the Donkey of to Day today?
Speaker 2: Well, Jess Hilario's Donkey Today for Wednesday, July thirty first goes to a forty five year old man from New York City named Lawrence Costa.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with y'all.
Speaker 2: I come in here some days and I look at possible stories for Donkey of to Day, and some of the stories be so stupid that I don't even want to do it right. Some of them be so dumb that I'd be actually embarrassed as a human.
Speaker 1: And today is one of those stories. Okay.
Speaker 2: It's also a reminder that destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.
Speaker 1: And you can't blame anyone but yourself for poor choices.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Lawrence Costa absolutely made a poor choice. See The NYPD released a video of officers arresting a man who fell asleep at a subway station in Brooklyn. He just fell asleep on the on.
Speaker 1: The step at a train station in Brooklyn. Right.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if he was high, drunk or just tired, but he was just laying on the steps knocked out at the train station. Now he wasn't just knocked out. He was laying on the steps fast asleep. And you know, he had his pants sagging a little bit, and so something was sticking out of his pants. Okay, what you're looking at me like that? For you got a little smirk on your face. Okay, finishes didn't even make you smile.
Speaker 1: Finishes.
Speaker 2: Right, This man was just laying there, passed out on the steps, you know, pants hanging off him a little bit, and something was just sticking out his pants.
Speaker 1: Six forty am in the morning, kids.
Speaker 2: Walking by, old the people out and about, and he's just laying on the steps, passed out with something sticking out his pants.
Speaker 1: So police officers approached him on the stairs and ask him if he's all right? You good? Okay? Then he started to wake up, you know what I'm saying. Then one officer quickly grabbed, quickly grabbed.
Speaker 2: Okay, this hard black thing that was sticking out his pants and the NYPD News tweeted out, true story. It doesn't get much easier in this, okay, all right, I'm not making none of this up. Okay, and he tweeted out, it doesn't get much easier than this, all right, man passed out on the step six forty am, hard black things sticking out his pants. And if you think that thing was anything but a gun, then you have been spending too much time on porn hub.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This man, Lawrence Costa, who the police said they are familiar with, fell asleep on the staircase at a train station with an illegally possessed and loaded firearm just exposed in his waistband. It's the thing Lawrence had a hoodie on. I keep telling y'all, I don't understand this. Wearing hoodies and sweatshirts in the summer, okay. And if you're wearing the pool shisty mask in the summer, you deserve to be stopped and.
Speaker 1: Frisk Okay, that's not no type of profiling.
Speaker 2: If you wearing a ski mask in a hoodie when it's one hundred and hell outside, you just look suspicious. And this dude, Lawrence is wearing a hoodie sleep on the train station steps with a gun just sticking out his waistband. Jackpot, Hey, Lawrence, God wanted you to go to prison. Yes, he was saving you from yourself. You was on the way to doing something extremely stupid that was gonna cause you to really hurt someone and land you in prison forever. Now you're probably gonna get some decent prison time because you got charged with criminal possession in the second degree, criminal possession and the third degree, criminal possession in the fourth degree and local law violence. I don't even know what local law violence is. What you're going to prison for it, okay, And this Lawrence is an opportunity for you to get your life in order to get your soul right.
Speaker 1: Okay. Prison ain't for everybody, but it's for you. Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean you was clearly trying to be there. You got caught with your pants down, literally, and then the waistband of those pants was a glock. Okay, you got a clock next to you, Now you're on lock. You got a clock next to you, It was cocked. Now you're on lock. Eminem bars Okay, nothing left to see, hip folks, Please give Lawrence Costa the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Oh the day, oh day ye.
Speaker 2: And if you think I'm lying about the tweet, just go look at it at NYPD News.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get much easier than this. While conducting the.
Speaker 2: Station inspection, your NYPD transit officers observed the male sleeping on the staircase with a firearm and clear view. Officers wasted no time recovering the gun and let him continue his naps in the holding cells. You imagine being on your way to go drop a body.
Speaker 1: You just take a nap, Take a little nap. Can you go murk somebody? Not as I wake up, I'm gonna go kill us, right, even get this nap first though, All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey to Day.
Speaker 2: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's my go to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the haunch.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up. Ear in the morning Breakfast Club, m