Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal.
Speaker 2: I'll that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for day. Edith Steak is that woman, and tie.
Speaker 1: Oh for Baars. Welcome back aboard the Chuoese cruise. No Mayflower Monday here on the solid verbal, Dan, how are you good?
Speaker 2: My pitch was Monday in the marina because I'm actually going to be staying down within a few minutes of a marina here the next couple nights in Los Angeles, Tie, So I will be around boats. You will be around boats, around the boats. So I'm very excited for this Mayflower Monday because because it is Thanksgiving week, we have our our pilgrim buckle hats, We've got our buckled shoes. You've got a bounty of root vegetables. Hypothetically they're all with me here in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I am very happy to we're getting this word right, disembark.
Speaker 1: Disembarking the Mayflower here, we're getting yes off, We're now asure and we're gonna go through a bunch of questions that we got from the verballer hood. Some are about college football, some are about Thanksgiving, but ultimately we're going to talk about the stuff that we're thankful for.
Speaker 2: I can tell you I'm not thankful for Jaden Daniel's arm. No, the J flower, the jflower, nice, the jflower. Thank you. That's the funniest thing I've said all year. But I am thankful that Jade and Daniels exist. So, yes, we're gonna take We have a bunch of Thanksgiving related questions, just general football related questions. As we disembark, we are going to try. We're going to get You'll see that this is out sooner than usual. So we had fair winds and following seas, following seas and fair winds or what. It's some iteration of what I just said. So Tyle, let's start, and let's let's start deboting, devoting.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's top off the ship here for once. You've been on yeah, the open seas all year on this show. And where should we start.
Speaker 2: Let's just start with Okay, we received this question, I believe before Miami lost to f IU. But Chris wants to know where do you rank Jaron Williams compared to other freshman quarterbacks guiding their team across the open seas. So for this exercise we will count red shirt and true freshman tie. So here are some notables, and you tell me if you'd rather have Jaren Williams or this person. Sure now that we are for most teams eleven games in so, Keaton Slovas.
Speaker 1: I would rather have Keaton Slovis.
Speaker 2: I think that's correct. Dylan Gabriel, you see f I would rather have.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I like you're out on Dylan Gabriel weirdly. I mean, I guess the answer is Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 2: But twenty five touchdown passes to seven picks, he's completed sixty percent of his passes. Yeah, it's the rating of nearly one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: I think the answer is still Dylan Gabriel. But okay, I'm not as high on him as a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: Sam Howell.
Speaker 1: Sam Howell to me is the cutoff line, Okay, the Howell sphere. Yeah, I think I think I would still prefer Sam Howell. Okay, I think Jaren Williams would be next up after him.
Speaker 2: The best of Jared Williams is better than a good deal of Sam Howell. I don't know. If Sam Howell is putting up stats on a SOSO team, but that's that one's tough for me. I'd rather have Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 1: Sam Howells thirty two touchdown passes. It could be the offense, but he's also pretty good, and we've talked about how he's got a little bit of Baker Mayfield at him. So from that standpoint alone, the statistics are to deny and I'm definitely a little bit higher on on samhow I.
Speaker 2: Would put Jared Williams above bow Nicks. I would put him above I think Spencer Sanders, Yes, Jack Plumber, Perdue at probably Max Duggan's interesting, but he doesn't complete his passes, And no, that might be what about offensive.
Speaker 1: You're not putting him ahead of the Jflower, are you? No?
Speaker 2: No, No, Jaydon Daniels, And you know part of it, it's going to take a little bit more time for Asu to do it consistently on offense. But the best of him, as we've now seen against Oregon against a not great Wazoo defense, but he was very good in that game. The Jflower, with his weapons, they're going to have a really fun offense moving forward. I would agree, well, John Reese Plumbley and what he's been able to do on the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I would still take Jared Williams. Ryan Halensky, Uh, I'll take Jared Williams. I think that's I think that's correct. I'm trying to think other notable mentioned Spencer sand Garrett Trader Mississippi State has been sort of off and on. I Trader, but he's been off and on right. I think we've found that line pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that in terms of freshmen who have played significant time this year. So Sam Howell to me is questionable the Howel's sphere, but I think we're pretty aligned otherwise agreed the Florida State opening at the time we're recording this it so it's very Stoopsian in both that. Mark has reportedly spoken to Florida State but has pulled his name out allegedly of consideration. Bob Stoops doesn't appear to be interested at this time. Obviously, Mike Norvell has raised eyebrows with what he's done at Memphis. You know, James Franklin is going to be in the mix for any coaching opening. We have a question from it's I think it's from Will Brian Kelly to Florida State, Yeah, legit or not legit? And would he be a steal for Florida State.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing that Brian Kelly has going for him. Brian Kelly has been successful every stop he's been at, and he's got success building programs. It has been a slow build at Notre Dame, but there is no denying that the Irish are in a better spot now than they were when he got there. And the one thing that I think remains for him is winning that national championship. Now Notre Dame is certainly closer, closer than ever before, at least in this modern era of getting back to that level. But they still are up against something of a ceiling because they've got I think, different restrictions when it comes to recruiting, and I think no, yes and no. But there are restrictions in place that aren't in place, at least not to the same degree at Florida State. Also, if you go to Florida State, clearly you're in the midst of a recruiting hotbed in the state of Florida. Florida State is easier to recruit to, especially for Florida kids, than it would be bringing those kids up to Notre Dame. So I think it's appealing to Brian Kelly for those reasons. I don't know if you'd leave a good situation at Notre Dame to go to Florida State because Notre Dame is certainly more stable than Florida State is at the moment. But I think, depending on what his goals are, going to Florida State gives him a better chance of winning a national championship over the span of a career than just simply staying at Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say, does it seem like to you he is somebody that would welcome a refresh, a reboot that a new job would offer. That's just Notre Dame is so unique in its challenges and in its advantages that there is something he misses about potentially playing on a more consistently big stage because Notre Dame is so dependent on Stanford, USC, Michigan, Michigan still, there's just variables across so many conferences, whereas with Florida State, it does feel more rooted in knowing where you are.
Speaker 1: So I'll harken back to this, we were at I forget what our last stop was when we went to the National Championship. I guess it was the Atlanta year, okay. And I remember sitting in that little like common area that they set up for sports media, and it was you and I and we were talking to Bruce Felman, and Bruce brought up Brian Kelly, and at that point in time, for whatever reason, I thought it would be wise to tell him that I thought Brian Kelly was going to leave. I was convinced maybe at the Giants, right, Yeah, I was convinced that he was going to leave for something like the Giant's job. And Bruce, to his credit, looked at me very respectfully, and you know, I shouldn't have to tell Bruce Felman any kind of coaching news. Certainly wasn't coaching news at that point. It was just an opinion. But I was always I was always a little bit self conscious of that opinion, most notably because it didn't work out and he didn't leave. And I'm as a Notre Dame fan okay with that, But at that point in time, I thought that Kelly had aspirations to go into the NFL and that did not work out. There has been plenty since then, that's been published out there about how he's happy where he is. He doesn't really feel the need to go anywhere else, And I would probably err on the side of him not going anywhere at this point in his career. But I think Florida State's appealing for a number of reasons if you should want to stay in the college game and also pursue that national championship.
Speaker 2: And I think that's all reasonable. Ty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next question, Yes, what are you doing turkey wise?
Speaker 2: We're going Wegman's turkey this year. You're just picking up You're just making it easy and simple.
Speaker 1: We're going the Carved Turkey Classic or whatever they call it in the pamphlet, hand carved Turkey Meal. Yeah, we're getting two of them. We're having a bunch of people over here in the house.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be a home game Thanksgiving. Got all sorts of fixings and side dishes that we have assigned out to other family members that are coming. But it's going to be our first ever Thanksgiving hosting role. Dan, I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 2: Are you worried about anything clean up or people ruining your expensive secret security cameras all over your house?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you worriedy worried about having a large group at your place.
Speaker 1: I am first and foremost worried that the dog may decide to go into heat, and that could make things very interesting here. Sure the point spread would shift dramatically if that were the case, But other than that, I think no, I think we've got things pretty well in hand.
Speaker 2: You're about Thanksgiving, ops, right, You're not on the field, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm in to DevOps role your DevOps.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We're hosting at my parents' house because I'm in Los Angeles, obviously, and we are both roasting a turkey and bringing in a Chinese peaking turkey for our normal pseudo traditional to I guess our traditional is now Chinese Thanksgiving. So I'll have some fried rice, we'll have some traditional sides. But we are doing a dry brine, because I do see that straight out of Pali ask Brian or Obrien, wet or dry. We're doing a dry brine, which basically means you season that sucker up twenty four hours ahead of time and just sort of leave it in the fridge, which is great because some of the water leaves the turkey, it dries out a little bit, so you get that crispy skin, but also when you give it enough time, that seasoning will penetrate tie penetrate the meat. So I think we're just doing a breast in terms of what we're roasting and then bringing in other parts from the Chinese place. But supposedly the dry brine makes a much more flavor flavorful piece of meat than a wet brin because you water log your meat sometimes with too much liquid. So that's my answer for Brian or O'Brien, wet or dry. Jackson wants to know our Thanksgiving desserts restricted to the various flavor pies of the season. The various flavor pies of the season, that's my nunciation. They're apple, pecan, pumpkin, et cetera, or can Other desserts that aren't quite so autumnal succeed alongside the pies. Maybe a blondie tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they can succeed. I don't necessarily discriminate if a dessert isn't perfectly Thanksgiving themed. I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: Do you know what your pie lineup is?
Speaker 1: Well, mommy age is making the pumpkin pie. And not to go on too much of an aside here, but you know my stance on pumpkin pies. I'm like in, I'm in the Melkiper Junior realm of pumpkin pie.
Speaker 2: I don't know does does mel Kiper love pumpkin pie?
Speaker 1: So Melkiper Junior supposedly eats one pumpkin pie.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, I remember that. And you'll do pumpkin pie other days. Oh, I'll do pumpkin pie pretty much any day of the year. And I think this is something we've talked about on the show that if we had to eat one item as part of an eating contest, what would it be? What would we stand the best chance of winning? And mine would be pumpkin pie? So does your mom? And I don't hope this isn't too personal. Is she carving out the pumpkin meat out of a pumpkin? Or is she getting the Libby?
Speaker 1: No, No, she's doing it manually. Manually.
Speaker 2: That's so impressive. Libby's is really good. No no, no, that's your classic pumpkin puret and a can right. This This has all sorts of elbow grease in it. Wow, Like she is she Nutmegan, I don't know. It's the best thing in the world.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But do you do alt pie? Well, will there be a sour cherry? Will there be a No, They'll be pie.
Speaker 1: There'll be apple, there'll be a cheese pie. There'll be a whole variety of other pies that will be here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't discriminate though, if it's not aligned with Thanksgiving, all desserts are welcome.
Speaker 2: Straight up ice cream, whip cream.
Speaker 1: I go, you're a heavy ready whip on my pumpkin pie. Okay, heavy ready whip nice.
Speaker 2: Okay. I like that you have a strategy, you have an identity to your your Thanksgiving desserts. I think we're doing an apple, a home baked apple. A guest is baking that, and then I think we're going to supplement with probably a store bought uh maybe a storebot berry and a store bought pumpkin.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I read other dessert options?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 1: Can I read off? My favorite question? Just the way that Chuck constructed this question is perfect. Okay. He says, when Bama misses the playoff this year, does Clemson assume the role of team everybody wants to see lose?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And will it impact them if it does? Without breaking his line, he just moves to the next question and thoughts on sour krat on Thanksgiving strong flavor, adds nice counter impacting you, yeah to the turkey. So where do you stand on both of these? Dan?
Speaker 2: So? I don't think Clemson on its face is as unlikable as Alabama. And that goes back to the Nick Saban thing with leaving the Dolphins. People perceive him to be scummy, and he looks grumpy, and he stockpiles five star guys and sends all these guys to the NFL and makes postseason twenty sixteen look like seventeen eighteen, nineteen, fourteen, thirteen, twelve, et cetera. But I think people do get sick of excellence, fair or not. And Clemson has reached the point that, you know, people are now perceiving them to be winning a conference that isn't all that competitive, and now they're stockpiling talent on the level of Alabama if you look at their twenty twenty class right now. So I think it all depends on how full of it you personally believe Dabbo is and the Dabo Sheen is and how he projects himself in the Clemson program. And I think it varies. I think sometimes he seems like he's kind of full of it and sometimes like this, this is just seems like who he is. So I think it is so head coach dependent based on what you perceive Dabbo to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Lsu I think is obviously the new kid on the block in some respect here as it relates to the playoffs. So, but they haven't won anything recently, Yeah, they don't. They don't run that risk. Ohio State runs that risk. They've been there a lot and there are a lot of folks that can't stand Ohio State when they win. Yeah, I don't know who. I don't know who the fourth team is that sneaks in, but suffice to say it's I don't think going to be Alabama. I could be wrong about that, but like he said, if it's not Alabama, I think the next two likely contenders to kind of take over that mantle would be probably Clemson one, followed in close second by Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Ohio State lost a lot of its uh hate abilities to stan anybody. Yeah, with Urban Meyer, I don't think anybody has any strong negative opinions of Ryan Day. Maybe I'm wrong, It happens a whole lot. But I think that's what's keeping back right now Ohio State. You know that they look really strong, but Ryanda just seems like a guy. He just seems like, no, sorry, a really good coach, but in terms of likability dislikeability, he just seems like a guy.
Speaker 1: And a guy who may look a lot like one of the property brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh, he for sure is the fifth property brother. How many? I know there's a secret third. I don't know if there's any beyond that. So Matt wants to know. We keep hearing James Franklin's name come up for job opening, specifically USC recently. My question this is, Matt, what jobs out there are slash could be available that are actually better than Penn State? Is USC or Florida State or any number of places better jobs than Penn State. So this is a largely subjective question and answer. Tie, So you are a proud alumnus, sure we are. What are the selling points and what will Penn State never be able to achieve in terms of quote good jobbiness, good jobyness? Yeah that's English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean you look at this state of play in the Big ten East and it's loaded between Michigan Ohio State and usually the dearly departed memory of Michigan State, usually miss Michigan State. Not so much the case over the last I don't know, two and a half years, but you know, usually that's a pretty loaded side of the conference. And if we try to compare conferences moving forward, that's always a bit of a fool's errand but certainly the ACC, the current state of the ACC is Clemson and nobody else. Nobody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wake had at least an opportunity to make some noise against the Tigers, and.
Speaker 1: No one's even really close to Clemson in the ACC. So at least from that standpoint, the Florida State job is somewhat interesting, but.
Speaker 2: As like a hypothetical in any given year, forget I mean, yes, you have to remember the competition in the conference and what the path that looked like to an impressive postseason. But recruiting, you know, infrastructure, prestige, history, ability to attract assistant coaches, sure, sure she has money, all the things that come along with quality job.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's probably easier to recruit to Florida State and USC than it is to a place like Penn State, and I think that's mostly because of geography. I think your talent is more centered around California and Florida than it is obviously central Pennsylvania. Right So from that standpoint, there may be some advantages.
Speaker 2: Seems all in in terms of administration on being a football power, which is for sure significant.
Speaker 1: For sure, you know, you get to play in a really cool place like Beaver Stadium at Penn State, which is in and of itself an attraction that certainly USC and I don't think Florida State have.
Speaker 2: I think I think beaver Stadium has a better environment, which with as much as Doak can rock in a big game, sure, and even the coliseum can seem when USC is a big player in LA and college football, beaver Stadium is there's an electricity there that I don't think those other two places can match.
Speaker 1: I just think you'd be step into situations if we use USC and Florida State as these specific examples where there are a lot of expectations right away, And I don't know if that's a better situation than at Penn State, where recruiting has finally got to a place now and the talent level is so built up that they're building towards getting to that top echelon, and I think everyone's pretty comfortable with a direction of the program. There's certainly no calls for James Franklin's head at this point. They're going to go ten to two, whereas if you go to USC, if you go to Florida State, I think there are more expectations that he can deliver early on.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you the uncomfortable question? The stigma? Is the stigma going to stay with Penn State forever?
Speaker 1: The stigma? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: The stigma of everything that happened in twenty eleven and before that. Penn State has this reputation of being a place where far too much was allowed to happen by administrator and obviously Penn State. And you know, current students, current players, current coaches have nothing to do with any of it. But the two words Penn and State are fair or not two of the dirtier what's wrong with college football words of the you know, the modern.
Speaker 1: Era, it'll it'll stay with them to some extent forever, right, And it's not fair to the current staff, It's not fair to the current players, it's not fair to most of the people, same deal, same deal. It'll be with them forever. It was a horrible thing, and.
Speaker 2: It's when it's something institutional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's something that they have to navigate, and like it or not, it will remain for a long time a symbol of what's wrong with sports. Sure, the only thing that they can do is their part to you know, change things for the better moving forward.
Speaker 2: Also, Penn State, every every fan base has a lunatic fringe that is sure, you know, the craziest one percent of a book, there's a lunatic free that still wants Joe Paturner to come back and coach right, And I would hope that people don't define the Penn State fan base by that.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't, but this is a fringe that has made itself very public. They're very public, and they're very loud. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I think Penn State is probably in a better position in terms of playing big games, even though they can't recruit and are not in as warm a place as USC or tala or Florida State is in tallahasse In, LA. I think Penn State is an a list job that will attract top level talent, but it does have that asterisk that is going to remain in a happier way of framing a question. Is Kyle Hamilton the best college football player of all time?
Speaker 1: Yes? Next question?
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on Notre Dame safety.
Speaker 1: Right by the way, you didn't give me your Yeah, he is the true freshman Notre Dame safety. He leads the team in interceptions so far this season. And you did not give your thoughts on Thanksgiving. Sauerkraut.
Speaker 2: Oh, Thanksgiving sauer kraut. If it's something you like and it's something you feel like people that at your table like I'm a big proponent of do your thing. You should not be cooking Thanksgiving as per what the table should look like in a Norman Rockwell painting. Do your thing. If you're a sauerkraut family, do it. If you're a turkey molay, that's that's new to the show. Molay, do your thing. Make it a Mexican Thanksgiving. If you don't like turkey and you don't think a lot of people are gonna like turkey, I don't care. Mike Burgers, make steaks, make a tofurkey. I don't know. I just do your thing. It's it's all about the people at the table and what you think everybody will will get along with liking. And if it's not turkey, it's not turkey sauerkraut, do it.
Speaker 1: Dan, Let's go to Bert here. He gives us six rivalry games on Thanksgiving weekend and he wants to know which have the best chance of ending in a colossal upset.
Speaker 2: So his word is colossal. And obviously Michigan beating Ohio State at home would not be colossal. What would be colossal, I guess, is the manner in which Michigan. If so, Michigan beats by Laho State forty two to ten points, Yeah, right, that's colossal. If A and M beats LSU, I don't know. If I colossal, comfortably colossal Iron Bowl, Auburn, comfortably colossal, Oregon State at all.
Speaker 1: Over Oregon would be colossal, I think so yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think that's probably like he has Georgia Tech Georgia here, and that would be colossal bedlam. It would be an upset, but not crazy. With what Oklahoma's done late in games or early in games recently, I think my answer is Oregon State over Oregon is the most likely ending in colossal because I think Michigan blowing out Ohio State is just it's not there for me an A and M blowing out LSU. So Oregon State with the steps they've taken forward on offense, looking as balanced as they do defensively, they're a mess. But can Jake Gluton throw now over the top of an Oregon defense that has shown itself to put corners on an island who can beat by double moves? Yeah he can do that. Yeah, Isaiah Hodgens can do that.
Speaker 1: So you know, Michigan Ohio State, that would, sir, only be an upset. As you said, don't know if it rises to the level of colossal A M LSU that would stun me. That would stun me if it happened at all. So I would put it in the same vein there the Iron Bowl. If mac Jones is playing, it's not it's not not TUA, so that that's interesting to me. I would still be surprised by that. But lord knows, we've seen some you know, antics in that game over the years. So I don't know if colossal really is the word. Oklahoma State could beat Oklahoma it's it's it's in still water. I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: Chuba can run on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Oregon state over Oregon would be the answer here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you there. Next question. As we zoom through these, We've talked turkey, We've talked desserts, We've we talked about Texas and the situation there, and Andy asked a question about why isn't anybody talking about the back water and reference to Texas back Ah, that's a good one. That's a good one. Okay, we got a couple of these. This I know our friend Dan Klobashar and now Tim says, my parents seriously suggested quote eating out for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's and.
Speaker 2: It's not because of any sort of crisis of people not showing up or the kitchen exploding or anything like that. Is eating out an acceptable move on Thanksgiving? And if so, where, well have you eaten out on Thanksgiving in the last few years?
Speaker 1: No? No, I have not. But okay, I don't twice. I don't have any issues with people who want to eat out on Thanksgiving. Sure, I don't. I don't think it's unacceptable. I think you got to live your best life. Dan. I think whatever makes the most sense, if you know you've got family coming in from all over. If you don't have the desire or the facilities to host whatever cause, if it's something that makes you happy, as they go for it, you're right.
Speaker 2: You are right. But so last year we didn't eat out because Jody with and I was very pregnant, and so we didn't come out to California. She just didn't want to fly. So we went out to a nice meal at a Chinese restaurant and they did their own version of Thanksgiving and that was amazing. A place called Red Farm. Highly recommend it if you're in New York. And a few years ago we went out in New Jersey because my parents didn't want to host it that year, so we went out to my uncle's place and did Thanksgiving. They're not his house, but we went out with him. I I really would strongly suggest trying to making a home Thanksgiving work. I understand that people want to go out and they don't want to be able to clean up or having relatives in their house and dealing with a bunch of everything that comes with hosting Thanksgiving. I get all of that, But even if you go out, try and make a point of doing like your elaborate dessert at home.
Speaker 1: Do desserts at home? I could go with that. Yeah, do desserts. There's something just special about feeling at home, feeling comfortable with and if you do feel comfortable with your family, good for you.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Watch the Lions lose with close family and friends. Do what you can to at least have anne element at home. Maybe it's appetizers, maybe it's dessert, maybe it's you know, everybody gathering around and playing football or whatever. As long as there's Anne elements at a home base, do you I think that's good. Do you have like a Thanksgiving Day football game that you and the boys play Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: I sprained an ankle one year. Yeah, I don't know if we'll be doing it this year. We usually camera guy Dave's family comes over, but now they've gotten two bigs so they're not coming over, so a different family friend is coming over, and some athletes in this family. I don't know if we'll be doing it.
Speaker 1: I would really love to hear stories about Thanksgiving Day football games. Yes, among family members I am intrusts. Yeah, I would love to hear more about have.
Speaker 2: You played in one? No, I would love ever, I would love to, Well, your brother in law is a football player, right, My brother in law's a football player. Yeah, could you get together a four on four game with the people appearing at your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: I mean we could probably recruit uncle Joe cal Russo.
Speaker 2: I mean, he would play right there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what position he would play, but he's a natural darren Sprolls type. Yeah, he's ambidextrous and could throw with either hand pretty accurately. So pain in the ass in the huddle though, But otherwise I don't know. I mean, I guess we could find a way.
Speaker 2: Right, what about basketball? What about just playing like Thanksgiving Horse.
Speaker 1: I've retired from basketball, you know that that's true.
Speaker 2: I guess you could play turkey on basketball. People do that this year. Play some turkey.
Speaker 1: Some nieces and nephews could probably get in on the action. But then it's a question of you know, how rough and tumble is this football game going to be?
Speaker 2: Before the last part of this show as we wind down, will you be drinking on Thanksgiving? Are you a wine person? Are you gonna be making a Thanksgiving specific like picture of cocktails? Beer?
Speaker 1: My cousin alcohol consumption and my cousin's bringing some scotch.
Speaker 2: Oh are you a scotch guy?
Speaker 1: Not really, but yeah, he seems to know a lot about it, and uh, he's going to bring some, so I'll jump in on that train. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One year I made a cocktail a picture of what was called a it's called a nor'easter, yeah, which is a bourbon maple ginger like a little bit of maple syrup and ginger ale and lime. It's very good, but it's sweet and it doesn't taste super alcoholic, and people I accidentally got people super ripped on Thanksgiving. So it was a very nice autumnal cocktail picture. So look up nor Easter.
Speaker 1: The problem with drinking on Thanksgiving is you're already full from all the food that right, it's throwing you off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we go and just because we have at least disembarked for now, because we still have more two his crews laugh, we've disembarked from the Mayflower and Mayflower Monday, can we go through as just the sport in general and give some things that we are thankful for that we're either unexpected or reinforcing, or something that happened throughout the season that you have looked back on and the season is not over, but through thirteen weeks that you're like, you know what, I'm pretty thankful for this person or this happening. And you cannot just say Kyle Hamilton over and okay, some a team that got better, a quarterback that really shined, comeback win that was crazy or thankful happened, something like that. Well, give me, give me top of your head, things that you have some thankfulness for.
Speaker 1: I am thankful for a couple situations around college football. Oregon State has been fun. They improved, Probably won't make a ball unless the colossal upset happens, but it's been fun to see them kind of build.
Speaker 2: And what's your pluck? You love a good pluck factor, bottom of a confluck factor.
Speaker 1: Louisville. Louisville falls into that category as well. I'm not just reciting things from the Sunday Show, but I am really truly excited about some of these situations. One thing that we texted about that I am sneaky under the radar excited about is Jared Deeggy getting some time for West Virginia. Right, you like red shirt season, I know you do. Yeah, they're preserving that red shirt. And I've been thankful for the Keaton Slovas situation out at USC because it's been so much fun to see him thrive in that new system. I've even weirdly been thankful even though they beat Notre Dame, for the Michigan offense getting itself together, because as you might recall, Michigan was a preseason favorite of mine. I know better late than never to see them kind of come into their own now late in the year, and as it bills toward the Ohio State game, it could be interesting to see how that all unfolds. I've been thankful for he said. I can't say, Kyle Hamilton, right, No, you cannot all right, what else? What else do you got? So?
Speaker 2: Okay? As I go through the sport quickly and look around various conferences, I'm thankful for Navies resurgence because I always and actually air forces resurgence as well. I do like when you just have pain in the ass option team. So the Georgia Tech offense has gone away from the option, so I do like some dominance there, even though your anti option. I'm thankful for the weird ass story of Houston red shirting good players in preparation of hoping to get them back next year. We'll see what happens with de Eric King. I'm thankful for wake Forest being a calm and a sea of disappointment in the ACC. I'm thankful for Michael Cunningham sort of coming out of nowhere. You mentioned Louisville, so I'm gonna stick with it there. I'm thankful for Virginia Tech bouncing back. I'm thankful for Bryce Perkins having to do everything for Virginia and mostly doing it. I'm thankful we have Mac Brown back, because if North Carolina is in a close game, we're going to say this is going to end in a stupid way. We should watch this. I'm thankful for at least having the brief amount of time we had with an alert that Florida State was either up down by two to five points late, because it was I was going to be entertaining ty. I am thankful for that entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm thankful for my Gundhy growing the mullet back, and also Lovey Smith for maintaining that beautiful beard.
Speaker 2: Well he also love Smith also came through for us. Also came through for us. We make drive for six jokes, and Illinois fully drove to six. This is I am thankful for Kansas State kind of not missing a beat in year one of a coach when a lot of year one coaches in the Big twelve really struggled. I'm thankful for whatever the hell that Kansas Texas game was, and whatever the hell that Kansas Texas Tech game was. I am thankful for Indiana in a sea of Michigan State, Maryland, Rutgers, Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue all being pretty terrible in their own ways, Indiana jumping up, Illinois jumping up and saying we're pretty good and we're getting it done. And then obviously just I could focus on Minnesota as a whole. Yeah yeah, but or Shad Bateman with the ball in the air suddenly making it seem automatic. I'm very thankful for that feeling I got.
Speaker 1: I am thankful for any and all references to Baby Gronk, whether or not it's a Pat Friarmuth or any other tight end, be it Cole Comet or someone else around college football. And I'm also thankful for Chase Claypool. When the ball is in the air.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean that's when you're at your most confident either when somebody's throwing deep on Kyle Hamilton or somebody's throwing it Ian Book is throwing it to Chase Claypool. All right right, I am thankful, Tye for every outcome being on the table with pit football. Any given week, there is an outcome that is on the table for watching a pit game elsewhere. I am. I am pretty grateful for having Notre Dame in our lives playing big games, because it brings out a side of you that just goes to the verge of madness, of madness. I'm I'm thankful that we got you mass Northwestern, Yeah, we got Northwestern is a thirty nine point favorite. That's pretty wonderful. I'm thankful for teams improving, I mean the pluckiness factor. Obviously, San Jose State is one of those. Wyoming has had a nice year. I am thankful for the weirdness that has been the Pac twelve season and the stability of excellence that is Utah. I am thankful for in the sec the Tennissance coming and happening and making us sound somewhat intelligent. It all right, otherwise, I don't know. Oh, I'm thankful for Eli Drinkwitz at app State keeping that thing going all right.
Speaker 1: I'm thankful for over bawlers. I'm thankful for their pressions, and I'm thankful that this is a little bit of a shorter show than usual here being so it's Thanksgiving week. We need time to.
Speaker 2: Get ready for Thanksgiving. We're doing shows and consecutive days. That's it's defensible.
Speaker 1: So the previous show will be out tomorrow evening around the same time. We will preview all the rivalries that are before us here on Thanksgiving weekend. And if you have it already, please to subscribe to the show. Thank you so much for hopping aboard the two's cruise as a dog's barkin here in the background. I don't know if you can hear her. Oh, she's getting ready, she's getting ready for Thanksgiving, TI girl. For that guy over there, Lieutenant Captain Dan Rubinstein, for myself, you're a Captain, Tye Hildebrand. Thank you so much for joining us on this Mayflower Monday. Catch you all tomorrow. Talk some college football in the meantime, stay soffered.
Speaker 2: Peace and I'm thankful Lehigh can't get it done.
Speaker 1: Stop it stop