Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The last debate between Kamala and Trump, ABC got heat for live fact checking the whole dogs and cats thing, so tonight CBS took a different approach.
Speaker 4: CBS says there will be no live fact checking by the moderators, but the broadcast will feature a QR code on the screen, which will link to a real time fact check being done by CBS journalists.
Speaker 3: Yes, a QR code perfect journalism. When a candidate tells a lie, why correct it for the fifty million people watching live, just have a link for the twelve nerds who.
Speaker 2: Bother scanning it.
Speaker 3: Am I supposed to be impressed if they.
Speaker 2: Have a QR code. We even have one right here. Yeah, it's just it's just a menu.
Speaker 3: For a Mexican restaurant I went to during the pandemic. But still you can scan this if you want.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that that's his take. That's the problem. Of course, lefties believe this because the fact checks always go their direction, that there can be such a thing as fact checking.
Speaker 2: Clearly, there cannot just it's not a doable thing.
Speaker 5: It's a dressing my opinion up as a fact check.
Speaker 1: Right, and you only fact check one side, and you only fact check when it's a handy Yes, Michael.
Speaker 2: What do you think about using the QR code?
Speaker 6: That's actually why I pulled that was I just thought it was a strange way of doing things.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting idea, I must say.
Speaker 5: It's a different way to access a completely biased so called fact check.
Speaker 2: That's just opinion.
Speaker 1: I'll bet it becomes a thing, though not for this, but like football games will say, hey, if you'd like to see real time stats or blah blah blah, you know, here's a QR code. You hit on it and you go to the website. They get on the website they're excited about. So we're talking a little bit about the debate last night, which Joe things mattered. I didn't think it did, and other people are in between. So looking at the Washington Post pundits on the opinion page, here's some of the headlines. I didn't actually read their pieces at debate. Vance whines you weren't supposed to fact check me? By Dana Milbank that's whining. If they announced they're not going to fact check, and then they start fact checking you and not the other guy, it's whining to point that out.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, thanks Dana for that nugget you. It's an unfortunate term for less than masculine man. E. J.
Speaker 1: Deonn of The Washington Post writes Vance's debate performance was a breathtaking exercise insane washing.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I saw Van Jones using that term sane washing, where he comes off as a sane and reasonable fellow expressing the horrific policies of Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, the interesting thing about JD. Vance is, if you've actually been following his career, he is sane and smart. He was crazy washing, maga washing his reasonableness over these last couple of years when he realized, don't you think when he realized which direction the wind was bowling politically the last night him was more of the real hymn than the maga him.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, yeah, beyond question.
Speaker 1: Dan Balls wrote in The Washington Post, we had him on when we were in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that exciting?
Speaker 1: Vice presidential debates rarely matter much in presidential campaigns this one may matter less than ever, not because of what was said or not said, but because events have suddenly interceded in the ways. It could affect the election in the closing weeks much more than what's happening on stage. And that is a thing I read from another pundit that like, you got Iran an Israel going to war, you got this doc strike that if it drags on, is going to become a giant political issue.
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 1: Handling of the hurricane, which is not done yet, which are just are bigger things yesterday, probably politically than anything jd Vance or Walls could say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say definitely the dock worker thing in Israel are going to be more significant. I disagree with the confessional wisdom. I think there's so much concern with both of the top of the ticket candidates that people will let something like well that Veep seems a lot more steady than the other VIEP affect their vote in the way that's unprecedented. You can believe me, or you can believe the people who told you there's zero chance Joe Biden drops out. Having said that smugly and really enjoying it, to.
Speaker 2: The debate proper.
Speaker 5: I thought this stuff on the economy was pretty good, and that was definitely the case that Trump advance must press and that Donald is thus far floundered terribly at pressing it. I love this. I think this is the right answer, Tim Walls, I tell you, why don't we go ahead and play sixty one and then we'll get to my favorite sixty three.
Speaker 2: My pro tip of the day is this.
Speaker 7: If you need heart surgery, listen to the people at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Not Donald Trump, Governor. You say, trust the experts.
Speaker 8: But those same experts for forty years said that if we shipped our manufacturing base.
Speaker 2: Off to China, we'd get cheaper goods. They lied about that.
Speaker 8: They said if we shipped our industrial base off to other countries, to Mexico and elsewhere, it would make the middle class stronger.
Speaker 2: They were wrong about that. They were wrong.
Speaker 8: About the idea that if we made America less self reliant, less productive in our own nation, that would somehow make us better off.
Speaker 2: And they were wrong about it.
Speaker 8: And for the first time in a generation, Donald Trump had the wisdom and the courage to say, to that bipartisan consensus, we're not doing it anymore.
Speaker 5: Speaking of smugly annoying arguments, you get that from the left a lot. You need to trust that, you need to ask the experts, trust the science. I believe in science, and then they pick these three people out of ten that happen to agree with them and pretend that that's the only quote unquote experts that ought to be consulted. But then JD I thought, really laid the wood to that question in sixty three, Michael.
Speaker 8: If you notice what Governor Waltz just did is he said, first of all, Donald Trump has to listen to the experts, and then when he acknowledged that the experts screwed up, he said, well, Donald Trump didn't do nearly as good of a job as this, that's general as he did. So what Tim Waltz is doing. And I honestly, Tim, I think you got a tough job here because you've got to.
Speaker 2: Play whack a mole.
Speaker 8: You've got to pretend that Donald Trump didn't deliver rising take home pay, which.
Speaker 2: Of course he did.
Speaker 8: You've got to pretend that Donald Trump didn't deliver lower inflation, which of course he did. And then you've simultaneously got to defend Kamala Harris's atrocious economic record, which has made gas, groceries and housing unaffordable fair American citizens.
Speaker 2: I was raised by a woman who would.
Speaker 8: Sometimes go into medical debt so that she could put food on the.
Speaker 2: Table in our household.
Speaker 8: I know what it's like to not be able to afford the things that you need to afford.
Speaker 2: We can do so much better to all of you watching.
Speaker 8: We can get back to in America that's affordable again. We just got to get back to common sense economic principles.
Speaker 1: They all leaves park, touch them all. Yeah, that's some good vegetable eating right there. We got some dessert coming up here in a second. But I like it's I hate to admit that this is true, but policy debates are not as much fun as a name calling.
Speaker 2: Name calling is more fun. It's easier to watch.
Speaker 5: Wow, Wow, I am a serious man, folks. Can you imagine my frustration working in this clown factory?
Speaker 2: It's like being stuffed clo. Can I get a second take on that? What was I going to say?
Speaker 1: It reminded me of something, that thing dessert And this came up after the Trump Haaris debate. All statistics mean nothing to me. These debates because they regularly turn out to be either completely the opposite of what's happening, or cherry picked or massaged. I mean, maybe the best thing Mark Twain ever said was the whole three kinds of lies, lies, damned lies, and statistics, because you can make statistics be anything. And that's why even if there's stuff I like hearing about how are this lowered it eight thousand and six thousand up and forty percent, it's just eh, maybe maybe not. I need I need a philosophy. I need to hear the philosophy that that I can buy into. You know, I believe rent control doesn't work, so like, if that's a philosophy, I can hang on to that. You say it doesn't work, you say it does, you're wrong, you're right. But when you start getting into percentages and dollars and stuff like that, they're so easy to massage. And the perfect example is Kamala Harris brought it up in the last debate about how they lowered the price of insulin from five hundred dollars to thirty dollars or whatever the heck it was she threw out there, and I thought, Wow, that's a pretty good one.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know think about it anyway.
Speaker 1: I heard a somebody who knows about it run it down the next day, and it was a situation where there was like, there's like six people in America paying that original price, and the applied to almost nobody because everybody.
Speaker 2: Qualifies for other plans.
Speaker 1: So it was just it was a completely meaningless thing, and he got thrown out again.
Speaker 2: Walls mentioned it again last night, the whole insulin thing coming down.
Speaker 1: But nobody you talk about fact checking, nobody ever digs into that stuff.
Speaker 5: Really, I can't believe any moderator ever lets anybody get away with well, I guess it'd be Democrats, but we created more job any advance. Well, well, well there's a freaking global pandemic and you shut down the businesses you can't get credit for when they opened again, next question, I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about a fact check, and they did that on the Trump debate too. Let him get away with claiming that they create we hated jobs when we started letting people go back to work. It is absolutely amazing. Okay, So, like I said, you got through the vegetables.
Speaker 2: Here's you desert.
Speaker 1: Because I really enjoy this this is probably not important other than let's stretch out, let's do it all. I love this too. It shows him to be kind of a nut. So here's this original claim about being in China during the big upheaval there in China in eighty nine.
Speaker 2: When did you live in China about late eighties?
Speaker 9: Okay, so you know I was there. I see this happening in Hong Kong. As a more serious note, I was in Hong Kong on June fourth, nineteen eighty nine, when, of course Tianneman Square appened. Then I was in China after that. It was very strange because of course all outside transmissions were blocked Voice of America and of course there was no phones or email or anything, so I was kind of out of touch. It took me a month to know the Berlin Wall had fallen when I was living there.
Speaker 1: Okay, it seems like a lot of specifics there. I don't know why he was claiming it in the I guess it just sounds exciting.
Speaker 2: To their credit.
Speaker 1: After all the complaining we've done about the biased moderators, Margaret Brennan brought it up and even followed up.
Speaker 2: But here's the question and answer.
Speaker 10: We want to ask you about your leadership qualities, Governor Walls, you said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Teneman Square protests in the spring of nineteen eighty nine. The Minnesota Public Radio and other media outlets are reporting that you actually didn't travel to Asia until August of that year. Can you explain that discrepancy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, and the folks out there didn't get at the top of this.
Speaker 2: Look. I grew up in small, rural Nebraska.
Speaker 7: What town of four hundred town that you rode your bike with your buddies, still the street lights come on, and I'm proud of that service. H I joined the National Guard at seventeen, worked on family farms, and then I used.
Speaker 2: The gibill to become a teacher. Passion about it. A young teacher.
Speaker 7: My first year out, I got the opportunity in the summer of eighty nine to travel to China thirty five years ago. Be able to do that, I came back home and then started a program to take young people there. We would take basketball teams, we would take baseball teams, we would take dancers, and we would go back and forth to China. The issue for that was was to try and learn. Now, Look, my community knows who I am. They saw where I was at they look. I will be the first to tell you I have poured my heart into my community.
Speaker 2: I've tried to do.
Speaker 7: The best I can, but I've not been perfect, and I'm a knucklehead at times. But it's always been about that. Those same people elected me to Congress.
Speaker 5: Wow, Wow, I just thank you for your service to the country riding your bike until the street lights came on, and I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 1: Yes, why did you make up a story about being somewhere you weren't and it's approvable. Look, I grew up in a small rural Nebraska town. A tell that you rode your bike with your buddies till the street lights come on, and I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 9: It's like.
Speaker 5: The random word generator, stuck or something. That was odd.
Speaker 1: Problem with wine is it often gets very difficult to keep everything together when you try to explain it because it's inexplainable. And then, well, what was so odd was that he he had the phrase I'm proud of that service in his head to parry the hole he came to rank.
Speaker 5: He didn't deserve thing right in the military. But that's just odd.
Speaker 2: You can't to bike riding. You know, I too.
Speaker 5: Served our country in that very same way Clarendon Hills, Illinois, seventies.
Speaker 2: Look it up.
Speaker 1: I was there on like teon min tampon, Tim Dang. The follow up is just as good, but we got to take a break. We'll get that next. So in last we joined Tim Walls. Ah dang it here comes my COVID to.
Speaker 2: Get Oh no, it's everywhere now it's the new variant. Remember when that used to be all the talk?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, variant nine from outer space.
Speaker 1: So when last we joined Tim Wallas, he was asked by Margaret Brennan. To her credit, as biased as they were, they brought up this topic of him claiming he had been in China during the Tieneman Square massacre and you know, one of the biggest events in world's history and the heck of a thing to be around for and get to experience, you know, up close.
Speaker 2: Turns out he wasn't there during that period of time.
Speaker 5: He was serving his country by riding his bike or something.
Speaker 2: And when I asked.
Speaker 1: About that, he said, Look, I grew up in a small world Nebraska town right off the bat, What the hell did she did?
Speaker 5: His long rambling answer involving baseball players and dancers or something.
Speaker 1: Did he and his boss Kamala go to some sort of seminar where they said, look, if you ever get pinned down, you say you grew up in middle class, you say you're from a small rural town.
Speaker 2: I don't care what the topic is, it's just how you get started. Just go with it. I grew up in a small world Nebraska.
Speaker 1: To tell me, you rode your bike with your buddies till the street lights come on, and I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 2: And then he goes up. He goes on with a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Of other stuff about the National Guard, being a teacher and all these different things that also are extraneous to the whole topic of the whole thing, And so he doesn't answer the question, and to Margaret Brenman's credit, she doesn't let him.
Speaker 2: Get away with it. Governor.
Speaker 10: Just to follow up on that, the question was, can you explain.
Speaker 7: They All I said on this was is I got there that summer and misspoke on this, So I will just that's what I've said.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 7: In Hong Kong and China during the democracy protests went in and from that I learned a lot of what needed to be in governance.
Speaker 2: Thank you, governor.
Speaker 5: So if they are protesters, you roll in the tanks and machine gun them.
Speaker 2: Is that what you learned?
Speaker 1: What I like that he stopped hoping it was over, but it wasn't. There's still time left, and Margaret Bretten just let it hang.
Speaker 5: Everybody's like, go on, go on, that's flying.
Speaker 1: You need a He's thinking in his head, I need a natural conclusion.
Speaker 2: To this statement.
Speaker 5: Nothing's coming.
Speaker 2: And that's what I learned about governance.
Speaker 5: Because as I as I said before, what's so odd about that?
Speaker 1: Should that?
Speaker 5: Why didn't he just say, yeah, that was thirty years ago. I thought I was there and June. Turns out it was August, right after the protest. But the point was the country was still raw with emotion about it, and holy cow, would a historic.
Speaker 2: I mean that you could have bull pooped your way out of that without trying.
Speaker 1: Oh, you grew up in a small town and you rode your bikes and you're proud of that service.
Speaker 2: And the street lights are on, the street lights were all. That's when you stopped bike I don't think we're riding around in the dark.
Speaker 1: We were not. No, no, because that's what they do in China. They ride their bikes in the dark. And we won't put up with hair in rural Nebraska.
Speaker 5: And we took the oaths when we signed up for the bike riding squad.
Speaker 1: My service was a child bike rider.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 11: President Biden over the weekend, wrote a letter to former President Jimmy Carter for his one hundredth birthday. The letter, no disrespect, but I think when someone's about to turn one hundred, you want to pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see, Yeah, could beany day sort of.
Speaker 2: That's the joke.
Speaker 5: I guess Jimmy Carter left office forty forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Correct. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you saw something on TV about it, Katie.
Speaker 12: Well, So they did a ceremonial flyover for his one hundredth birthday and they wheeled him out and the paparazzi where they and they got a picture of him quote watching it happen.
Speaker 2: He doesn't look like he's alive in the photo. His eyes.
Speaker 12: His eyes are closed, his eyes are closed, and he's doing the head back, mouth wide open.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, yeah, you don't know what his communications like or whatever, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't trot him out like.
Speaker 2: I have been.
Speaker 1: I have been involved in not with my family members, but I've been involved with a few.
Speaker 2: Are we rolling her out.
Speaker 1: Here into the living room for this birthday party for us or for her because she doesn't seem like she even knows what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm a firm believer in, you know, continuing to communicate with people because they can hear if they can't answer, and that sort of thing. Maybe rolling them out and taking pictures with the five that just seems unfortunate to me. But yeah, anyway, Katie brought us a story during a brief local segment for our home station about Gabby Newsome and a new law. Go ahead and hit that and then we'll go from there. Because this is some classic ridiculous, populous nonsense California phoniness.
Speaker 12: A plan to quote stop California gas prices from spiking is headed to the Senate after the Assembly approved Governor Newsom's proposal in the special session yesterday. He wants refineries to keep a specific amount of fuel on hand to avoid a supply shortage if they go down for maintenance or experience an outage.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, the great Dan Walters, who has been a reporter and commentator on affairs governmental in California for many, many years, staunchly non partisan, very very fair guy, wrote the following, It's time to blow the whistle on the farcical efforts of California's politicians, especially Governor Gavin Newsom, to reduce the state's high gasoline prices. Newsom's demand that the legislature reconvening the special Session on gas prices continues this crusade against the oil in industry, charging it with price gouging. However, Newsome has never offered to any persuasive evidence of such behavior, nor has it been confirmed by those who have seriously examined the factors that cause California gas prices to be at the highest or nearly the highest of any state. And he goes into a great deal of detail about the various studies and the experts that have done them, and y, California gas prices are more expensive, and a lot of it is just the almost dollar a gallon, which is seventy cents higher than the national average of taxes. But there is a forty three cent a gallon mystery gasoline surcharge.
Speaker 2: That ex jects have talked about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's what Gave is trying to claim that it's gouging, but at least some of it reflects the relatively high costs of doing any kind of business in California. Rents, electricity, the other utilities, wages, regulatory overhead.
Speaker 2: Run a tire store in.
Speaker 5: Texas and run one in California and tell me whether the tires aren't a few it's more expensive in California.
Speaker 1: Just because we try to open a coffee shop. How much more expensive it is it in California than anywhere else for all kinds of different reasons.
Speaker 5: Getting back to Dan Walters, Newsom's latest forays and demand that the legislature or order refineries to put more fuel into storage as a buffer against price spikes caused by refinery outages or other factors. So perficially that sounds plausible, but it assumes that refiners have storage capacity to comply with such a law, or can he easily expand.
Speaker 2: Storage obvious point that's escaped me.
Speaker 5: But yeah, of course, but storage is not without its costs, which could drive retail prices even higher. The State Energy Commission declared in recent analysis that Newman's Newsom's proposal has the potential to quote artificially create shortages in downstream markets and increase average prices. That's the State Energy Commission. The Commission says, and I quote there may be a case for additional storage as a matter of maintaining supply resiliency for the next two decades, but such investments do a stranded assets risk. More analysis is needed to determine whether the benefits of enhanced supply resiliency are worth the investment in the near term. But Newsom, of course wants the legislature to act immediately without more analysis, which is the antithesis of prudent lawmaking. And you know, we could get into more detail on that, but I think we've made the case. And then this from the Wall Street Journal. The headline is California's tax on Arizona and Nevada. The cost of California's energy regulations are rolling into neighboring states, and guess who's unhappy. Arizona Democratic Governor Katie Hobbs and Nevada Republican Governor Joe Lombardo, the two Western governors wrote to California Governor Gavin Nussolini, warning that his new plan to mitigate rising gas prices will backfire and harm their citizens.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 5: It is evident that increased regulatory burdens on refiners and forced supply shortages will result in higher costs for consumers in all our states, they write, because California Andary supply nearly ninety percent of the vadi's gasoline in about half of Arizona's. It's like rent control. It's just it's populist nonsense. And you know, it reminds me of one of my favorite principles. I may have come up with this, I don't know. People don't offer terrible arguments because they're keeping their really good ones safe for tomorrow. People don't make weird and when Weasley denials of having done something because they didn't do it, and Gavin Newsom isn't going to idiotic populist lengths to cover up the prices of doing business in California because he's blameless.
Speaker 2: I think you did invent that, and that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I actually thought about it last night during the debate because one of the examples Tim Walls threw out of a poor woman dying because she wasn't allowed to get an abortion when she wanted to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's absolutely not true.
Speaker 1: And I've been I've been meaning to do that story, but like I said earlier, I'm just never in the mood to get in to these kind of stories. But it's just not true. And I thought that's what Joseo is saying. If he's got lots of really good examples, why would he throw out one that has been proven to be not true?
Speaker 5: Right right the whole This lady died because she couldn't get care. This woman had a miscarriage and died because blah blah blah. People have looked into that. It has nothing to do with what he's saying.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Right back to California, briefly, we all like Adam Schiff right finnishneck I've ever seen he is going to be one of our senators. How exciting is that if you're a Californian he's going to be one of our two senators. God, that disgusts me that he got to raise his profile and rise to fame on the back of just lie after lie after lie after lie on MSNBC and now he's going to be a freaking senator.
Speaker 5: But anyway, it's a real victory for equality. He's the first weasel to attain high office.
Speaker 1: And he'll be a Senator forever because that's the way it works. He wrote a long letter yesterday with a bunch of co signers. Representative Adam Schiff demands social media companies ramp up censorship of misinformation and disinformation ahead of the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, government pro censorship, government pressuring companies that they regulate or certainly could regulate more.
Speaker 2: If they want to to.
Speaker 1: Ramp up censorship of misinformation as determined by who Adam like.
Speaker 5: Misinformation like that lady died because of abortion laws and not the abortion pill, for instance. That's misinformation and disinformation.
Speaker 1: Good one or some other medical problem that occurred in the hospital, which is the case of that Georgia woman. They're not exactly sure why she died, but it wasn't because of that. It was something else, like in the way that tens of thousands of people die in the hospital every single year from a variety of mistakes and complications.
Speaker 5: Disinformation likes do the kids need the COVID vaccine? Misinformation speaking of the COVID vaccine. Yes, sang it clearly. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we could go down the list. Oh my god, please folks, please please please, somebody says, I'll tell you I am justified in censoring your free speech.
Speaker 2: Just it's over, it's over.
Speaker 5: Then, don't even listen to the well misinformation can influence the lections. Well with COVID about we can't let people bah blah blah. Don't even let them finish their sentence.
Speaker 9: Please.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that a vice presidential debate bumped Iran Israel off the front page yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Like hours after it happened. Hours have the.
Speaker 1: Biggest ballistic missile attack in world history against one of our closest allies, which we are committed to defending, got bumped off the entire and everything by last night because the vice presidents were debating. That's how into our own soap opera of whose president we are are true?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 5: Quite myself included. Although here is my excuse. The whole Israel Iran thing is going to be back in front of us within a week or so.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, Garan, when do you think Israel is going to strike? When they blank and feel like sooner the better.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got, you've got, you know, the whole everybody understands why you're doing it. Closer to the event of being attacked, I wouldn't wait around too long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but with Israel, they will serve revenge cold when necessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do feel like because I heard this from Hesbaala a week or so ago. Now they're all dead, and heard this from Israel, and we say it all the time, the whole phrase at a at a at a time of our choosing, and it's just I think it's lost. It's whatever may have once had. And we'll respond at a time of our choosing. Yeah, of course you will, as opposed to what I just I don't know. I don't think it sounds as tough as I think it does.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think it's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, what's the alternative. We'll respond when we get around to it. No, that's the wrong tone. We will respond when the time is right. It's kind of just as good as the other one.
Speaker 1: I don't just we will respond, which everybody believes they are. I haven't come across anybody who doesn't think Israel is going to respond hard directly at Iran.
Speaker 5: How soon will you respond and in what way?
Speaker 1: None? Y, there you go, No, wait and see, we'll finish strong.
Speaker 2: We have a lot to.
Speaker 10: Get to ahead, gentlemen, on many.
Speaker 5: Topics we're trying to break Margaret.
Speaker 2: How you doing. We played a clip earlier of.
Speaker 1: Representative from Israel quite angry on CNN yesterday about something the UN Secondcretary General said about the broadening of the war needs to end. There needs to be a ceasefire and a cease of aggression all the way around. Did not condemn Iran for attacking Israel anyway. Israel's foreign minister has just named the UN Secretary General Antonio Guta's persona non grata, meaning he no longer is allowed to enter the country of Israel.
Speaker 5: Israel won't love that audio you want to play it?
Speaker 1: Sure, Israel will not let the guy who runs a UN into their country anymore.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 5: Eighteen Michael, If you have that handy.
Speaker 13: The United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guteris today posted this comment. Let me read it for you.
Speaker 2: This is what he said.
Speaker 13: I condemned the broadening of the Middle East conflict with escalation after escalation this must stop. We absolutely absolutely need a ceasefire. I mean, sir, what's your response to him?
Speaker 2: Shame on him. This guy is a clown.
Speaker 14: He's a clown because he cannot even bring him to utter the words I condemned the Islamic Republic of Iran for shooting two hundred ballistic missiles on the Jewish state. He's condemning the broadening. What is the broadening? Have you ever met the broadening? I've never seen a broadening walk on the street.
Speaker 2: He's a coward.
Speaker 14: It's time for him to quit. The UN is a farce if the United Nations cannot stand up and do what's necessary when one country is attacked by another.
Speaker 2: We did nothing to Iran.
Speaker 14: And for the past year, they've been making our lives miserable, not only ours, the entire Middle East. And instead of standing up for what's right, this coward cannot even bring himself to condemn Iran.
Speaker 2: Well, it's time for him to quit.
Speaker 1: That is not beating around the bush. And he's right one hundred percent, So what the hell is the point of the UN If Iran attacks a democracy like Israel with the biggest ballistic mill attack in world history, and he doesn't condemn it at all.
Speaker 5: No, just the broadening in the escalations, all of the escalations. How many escalations is Israel supposed to take before they get to escalate, mister Biden, mister guitaraz kamala.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's going to happen in the next couple of days or weeks, and that's going to be quite the event and could have an effect on our presidential election, although thus far nothing has.
Speaker 2: Caused anything to move.
Speaker 5: Oil, nukes or military installations. What's your guess all of these?
Speaker 1: I think they got to take out that nuclear weapons, male plant enrichment, whatever, whatever, whatever's going to set them back or destroy their chance of getting a nuclear weapon, because otherwise they are they are absolutely Iran will have a nuclear weapon and that will make the world a different place.
Speaker 5: Having vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the map, Yeah, that would be really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Well, and we see how we react to are Ukraine in Russia out of the fear of Russia using a nuclear weapon. Imagine if Aran has a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 5: How many times have we gotten attacked and we never say, hey, we might Nukia. We've got a hell of an arsenal. But it's funny that never comes up. Nobody ever says to the Housies, Hey, you realize the US has nukes, right, that's true. They know your Boco Harams or I could name a dozen other bad actors.
Speaker 2: They know. We're restrained by decency, I guess, or.
Speaker 5: Whether you're trying to leave a sports stadium or conduct foreign policy. Donald Trump knows this. You gotta convince the other guy you're crazier than they are. It's really a useful car.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's case. That should be quite easy.
Speaker 5: It comes by a fairly natural I guess.
Speaker 2: Allows the time. Look what do we have?
Speaker 5: Time still?
Speaker 2: Time to go?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: We got about twenty seconds and I'm twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead and ate it. Let's have long final thoughts. We can really stretch out, ponder a variety of things.
Speaker 3: Check you, Clark, GISs time stop, Jack and Joe go go.
Speaker 2: And if they don't give candlp bats in my road.
Speaker 1: This happens every now and then, Katie, we do a four hour show, but we only had three hours and fifty six minutes planned.
Speaker 2: It happens. Here's your host.
Speaker 1: For final thoughts, Joe Getty's.
Speaker 5: Kitty Final thought from everybody in the crew. To wrap things up for the day, Michael Agelo, our technical director, will lead the way.
Speaker 6: Michael, I grew up in a small town and rowed until the street lights came in. I didn't have a final thought, but I thought that would be a good as good as an answer and anything.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Katie Green are esteemed to us woman.
Speaker 12: As a final thought, Katie Joe, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for introducing me to the fat Bear cams because I found my new favorite thing.
Speaker 5: Oh it's my pleasure to spread the love. Oh it bears up in Alaska, chundown on the salmon getting big.
Speaker 2: And fat, and you vote for the fattest one. I'll make that part of my final thought.
Speaker 1: We got to link that at Armstrong engedtdy dot com so you can find the camera rely easy, because that is a good way to while away the hours during these difficult times.
Speaker 5: Also with the link to Lonhi Chen's event tonight, do we have that linked at Armstrong and gedtdy dot com.
Speaker 2: We should. My final thought is I.
Speaker 5: Grew up in a small Midwestern town in Illinois where we'd ride our bikes to the community pool and swim for a long time and then buy a bag of barbecue potato chips with the quarter our parents gave us. Then we'd ride our bikes home. And I'm proud of that service. And that's why you went to China.
Speaker 2: Yes, because of the baseball players and dancers. Haven't you been listening?
Speaker 1: Became sympathetic to communism, all fits together.
Speaker 5: I learned everything I need to do about governing or something.
Speaker 1: That was the single worst answer, maybe ever in a debate.
Speaker 2: I would just.
Speaker 5: Saying, since Joe Biden announced he'd killed Medicare.
Speaker 1: Yeah he ran out of things, and say, uh, and we killed melicary, Yeah, that's it. Armstrong and Getty wraping up. But are they're grueling four hour workday?
Speaker 5: So many people who thanks so much bad ahead of kef care go to Armstrong he getty dot com.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of great hot links for you.
Speaker 5: You can drop us a Nope mail bag at Armstrong e getty dot com. Pick up a hat or a T shirt for your favorite ang fan, perhaps for yourself. Oh, it will delight you and others. And thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Whether it's cracking down on misinformation or the so called fact checking. Can we all learn the lesson that it's one percent in the eye of the beholder, so it just needs to not exist. Obviously, we'll see tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty. They laugh at us all over the world.
Speaker 5: They're laughing at us.
Speaker 2: But they are who we thought they were about the do it anymore. You do it anymore. You can have problems or do what every want. What the hell do I care?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Let's not even talk about the silliness of it all. Crap, Wow, dammit, that's the ball game. Thank you, Armstrong and Getty.