Speaker 1: Hey, everybody. On this Thursday, May fifteenth, day four of the Diddy trial, and day three was a doozy once again. Robes Cassie Ventura A scheduled to continue her testimony on this day. But what we heard from her yesterday that we're going to go through here for our listeners, Robes, this was downright difficult. This stuff is hard to hear.
Speaker 2: You know, I was just imagining what she's been going through here. I think she's been testifying now if you count Tuesday and Wednesday, she's been on the stand for nine hours. This is a woman who is eight and a half months pregnant, and she is talking about some of the most devastating, unthinkable things that anyone could live through, talking about wanting to die by suicide, wanting to end things. That's how bad they got, and she's reliving it all in front of the world.
Speaker 1: You're say, in front of the world, and also in front of our husband. Her husband has been say in that courtroom. We're going to talk about him a little bit more here in a moment, but he's having to sit in there, and it's just some of the details, and we do want to warn you here some of the details you're going to hear are very disturbing, could be triggering for some people as well, but it's part of what she said on the stand yesterday. And we remind you as well that cameras are not allowed in the courtroom, so we are having to depend on reporters who are in there giving their individual accounts. Now you have to go search through a bunch of places and a bunch of websites to get all the accounts and get kind of a better idea general sense of what happened in the courtroom, and that takes a lot of work, so that we were trying to provide a service here if you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I have been going through and you really do have to go through all the different media outlets that are there to get a full picture of what was said, what the reactions were in the courtroom, from the jurors to even Diddy himself. And so yes, we're hoping that for you all, you can just listen to this and have a comprehensive view of what happened in the courtroom because we did all the research for you.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, yes day, she wrapped up, So the prosecution wrapped up yesterday and Today is the day for cross examination. That's expected to go on for the next couple of days. So she's gonna you talked about ten hours already, Robe, She's gonna be up there for another ten plus wow, probably through the week. But yesterday was bombshell after bombshell after bombshell. There was more detail about drugs, injuries, even that she got from those sex parties, those so called freak offs. She talked about Stintson rehab she had, she says she's been through trauma therapy, talked about, like you just mentioned, Robes being suicidal. She also gave details about several alleged assaults by Ditty, several and at one point she detailed an instance in which she claimed he raped her. It was I mean, this stuff is just it's heinous, it's disgusting. These are allegations. Obviously he hasn't had a chance to defend himself. But also yesterday still images so so called freak coughs. We should let you know. The whole courtroom was not allowed to see these images, but jurors and we'll get into here in a moment, got to see them, and they had some, according to all accounts, some pretty obvious. I guess you could say probably visceral reactions to what they were seeing.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was accounted for by people who were in the courtroom. You mentioned her husband being in the courtroom. He did step out, as was pre arranged between the defense and the prosecution that he would step out while she recounted what she claims was a rape by Sean Didtycom. So he did leave for that portion. But you're right, he has been witnessing and listening to everything, all of her testimony up until that point. But when she talks about the assaults and she really describes the injuries, it's devastating. And something else she talked about was at one of the freak offs, and this is early on. She claims that Diddy went through her phone and found out that she was dating someone else, rapper called Kid Cutting, and she said she started dating him in twenty eleven, but she didn't tell Diddy. She claims when he saw this on her phone, he reacted so violently that he lunged at her with a wine opener that quarkscrew. She says she was able to get away and actually went to another hotel, but there were threats that followed.
Speaker 1: She said these were threats that were there throughout her relationship with him, those threats to release sex videos of her to the public, But it also came with physical threats. This time, she said he threatened to hurt her, threatened to hurt kid Cutty. She said he would just not calm down. She says he was absolutely irate, to a point that he was in one point they were supposed to be discussing this, he was still so angry and upset. He kicked her in the back, causing bruises and she fell to the ground. Now, she detailed several assaults robes and all of them, there was one hitting her repeatedly in the head, talking about kicking her. We talked about ten years this young lady went through. And again it's very difficult to at times. Everybody's innocent until proven guilty. And this isn't a trial about domestic violence, actually, but what she's described and your heart, your heart breaks, and you can't help. But I can't imagine listening to her versus reading her accounts. And yesterday they said she was more stoic, she kept it together a little better. A few times she did cry, but what she described on the stand all day yesterday was chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's remarkable. She even claims that Diddy was responsible for blowing up Kid Cutty's car, and she detailed what she knew of that. But she talks about when he was so irate, you say that he couldn't calm down. She says she returned to that hotel room that she escaped to and found that someone had urinated all over the floor. The furniture in the hotel room had been broken. Someone had even taken a dump in the toilet to have I don't know a better way to discribe what she says she found, but she had taken pictures of those bruises and she showed them to the jury, and that is when later she got into the allegations and she described what she says was a rape in twoenty eighteen, This is of course, when her husband left, but she says that she and Diddy had gone to dinner in Malibu for what she was thinking would be a closure conversation because at that point she was all ready in a relationship with her now husband, so this was kind of like a goodbye, let's end his friends kind of a dinner, And she says that he was upbeat and playful during the dinner.
Speaker 1: Well, that was interesting, she said. They was actually going well, maybe even surprisingly so, but then everything took a turn. When he was supposed to drive her home, he went into the home. She said, he raped it right there on the living room floor. She described at times she said she didn't recognize who was there with her. I think she described it even as like his eyes were black.
Speaker 2: Yep, she said that didn't.
Speaker 1: Know who the guy was. Said she cried, I threw out. She said it was quick, but didn't even think he noticed that she was crying.
Speaker 2: And she said she said no, no, no, no, no, no. She there was no question she told him no. And she also admitted this, which you know, I'm sure she knows under cross examination this will all come up. But she did say after that alleged rape, she was intimate with Diddy one other time voluntarily, which I'm sure will raise in eye ros and I'm sure the defense will go after that.
Speaker 1: But anybody who actually deals with women who deal with sexual assault will explain that very quickly, fairly easily, that that shouldn't surprise anyone. It doesn't take away from the fact that she was assaulted and that she was raped and that she did say no. And I think this is probably something over the years robes we have we have reported on, but they will absolutely tell you she's trapped, she's in. It doesn't take away that she was assaulted because she ends up still with the same person.
Speaker 2: That assaulted her. I mean, she has said throughout this entire time on the stand that she loved him, that she was in love with him, that she wanted a relationship with him. It still doesn't take away when you say no, it means no. And she also talked about some more details about just when she was physically assaulted. She claimed she had to wear makeup, she had to wear a different dress that she was planning to wear for a movie premiere to cover up the bruises. And that was right after that video that was shown that we've all seen. Unfortunately, that incident in the hotel room where he was seen kicking her and assaulting her. She had a movie premiere to go to. She said that the physical injuries she incurred were so significant she had to change her dress, she had to wear sunglasses, she had to wear significant makeup. But prosecutors pointed out on these pictures you could see bruises on her arms and on her leg still fight all the efforts she took to try and cover it up.
Speaker 1: And those pictures are out there for people to see, and you study and you squint, and I'm sure the defense will say, well, you can't really make out what that is, but you do clearly see something on her arm and on her leg. And they have, I mean, people have taken him and circled those particular spots in those particular images. I cannot have met. She said that was maybe the most important night of her life. It was very important for her career. She was starring in a movie. She was starring in a big Hollywood Perfect Matt, Perfect Match. She was the lead, she said that night, and I didn't give much clarity on the story, but she said she snuck into a popcorn closet at the movie theater that night because she needed to change into a different dress that was going to help her cover up something better for the after party. Cassie is in a you know, popcorn closet in a movie theater, trying to keep the secret that she was being beaten by the man she is in a public relationship with. Is what she claimed that is, like I said, bombshell after bombshell after bombshell. One other assault in twenty thirteen, she mentioned she actually attacked her while she was asleep. So she's dead asleep and here comes somebody beating on her. Her friends. She had friends in the place at the time, jumped on him, she said, to intervene to try to stop this, but she ended up with a gash in her head, didn't go to the er. He sent her to and paid for a plastic surgeon to fix her up after that assault that night. So she again we only describe it a few herobes, but she had incident after incident after incident, and there are several people, her mom, her friends, some people witnessed it, some people took the pictures for her of the bruises. She has a lot of people to back up what she say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you pointed out, if this were a domestic assault case, this would be a slam dunk case. There's a lot to prove here from the prosecution side. But my goodness, it's remarkable the evidence she has and her ability to recount what happened. I mean, my heart is racing when I hear what she went through. It's unthinkable.
Speaker 1: And you see the text there. This was shit, we say, is a part of all the evidence. But they shared this text message between Cassie and Diddy that was after one of these assaults, the text of which lets you know where her head was. And this is as well, robes that could be used as evidence. You don't send somebody this text unless something in particular is going on in your relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the text read you treat me like Ike Turner. And obviously most people are very familiar with the relationship between Icontina Turner. It was violent, it was abusive, it was physically abusive, and she still has that text and she shared it.
Speaker 1: In court, also shared in Cordy yesterday, at least with the jurors. Still images of those free calls not shown to the whole court room. As we mentioned, they have screens right in front of them. I think that was actually a delay one point, because they were trying to install those screens for the jurors. But she's almost walking them through what they're seeing in some of these images, and she's identifying people. See that's so and so on, and that so and so and that so and so on. But as we said, the other day. These were male escorts that were brought in a lot of times. Some of them she got familiar with, but she didn't know their real name. So to hear her in court saying, oh, yeah, that's that's Islander right there. They're Skyler over there. And at one point she said to the jurors, yeah, that's me, as they were looking at these pictures. And look, we aren't in there to see the jurors, so we have to depend on the accounts from the reporters, and the reporters are telling us that, yeah, those jurors appeared to be a little shook about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were saying they got specific saying one female durwer actually let out a deep breath and put her hand on her chest as she looked at the image on that monitor. And then a male durer apparently looked at the screen and then his eyes quickly moved away. He couldn't look at the image. That's how difficult it was. They saw another duror writing on his notepad feverishly after seeing what he saw. So at the very least those images, just those still images, had such an impression left such an impression on Jurasia. They physically viscerally responded to what they were seeing.
Speaker 1: She got into and I guess this makes sense. We talked about it a little bit yesterday, I believe robes about freey cough going for four days and sometimes thego for a day, day and a half, two three, but the longest she remembered was four And we were talking about just how physically exhausting that had to be, because she in fact said she was awake crawl of it because she stayed doped up on drugs and that was by design. But she went into yesterday's robot some details of what happened to her as a result of all of that physical exertion and activity and baby oil and sexual activity fluids. Yeah, and this stuff. This is frankly, it's just it's awful.
Speaker 2: Later, look, I mean, I mean, I hadn't even thought about this, but a lot of women know that uti are a part of having too much sex sometimes, and she said she had so many painful utiyes over this period and they got so bad that cipro, the strongest antibiotic you could possibly use, that that wouldn't even work. She said she had mouth sores. I mean, this is just so hard to hear and to imagine just what her body went through repeatedly going through NonStop sexual activities with different men. I mean, it's obviously the emotional trauma is there. She went to trauma therapy. She said she had to do several stints in rehab. She talked about the drugs that she was taking to stay up and to perform the way did he wanted her through or to disassociate herself. Yeah, Ketnemine was among them. She said she was vomiting. Her stomach was just wrecked from all of the drugs that she was taking.
Speaker 1: And didn't she say often that she's gotten sick before, and she was encouraged to come back or to keep going.
Speaker 2: We would throw up because the drugs were so much, and then he'd just say get back in there. And so it's not surprising that she then said she became suicidal. She said, I didn't want to be alive anymore. At that point, I couldn't take the pain that I was in anymore, and so I just tried to walk out the front door into traffic, like she would rather be hit by the proverbial bus than continue to live the way she was living.
Speaker 1: I just everybody has an opinion, and we always it's it's innocent until proven guilty. That's all legit. But at the same time, it's impossible to listen to the accounts of what this woman went through in her life, all allegedly, but still there is a collection of you have to take her at her word on some things, and some of it we have actually seen on video.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, we have video, we have photo, we have other people's accounts who can corroborate and validate what her experience was.
Speaker 1: Aside from a legal process. As a human being, your heartbreaks listening to Cassie as a human being. Forget music, legal guilty, not just as a human being. You cannot listen to this woman and not have your heartbreak.
Speaker 2: It's so true. And I think if we think that now hearing how she has testified under direct questioning, which is the softer, gentler kinder. You've got the prosecutors leading you and guiding you and supporting you as you tell your story. She is now about to be faced with the defense attorneys and cross examination, and what will probably what most people believe will be a huge sticking point is something she discussed at the end of her testimony yesterday, the settlement she received, we all thought she was getting the figure out there was that she got thirty million dollars from Diddy after she filed this lawsuit. She acknowledged for the first time ever that she received twenty million dollars. And this is going to be something that Tenny Garrigos, who even alluded to in her opening statements that instead of Cassie going to the police, instead of Cassie seeking remedy through any sort of criminal accusation, she went for a money grab. She went for the money. She actually wrote a book and sent the book through her lawyer to Diddy and said, I should be compensated for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wanted She essentially tried to sell him the right to the book. It look, it was a negotiating ploy. It was a tactic to get this money out of him and say, hey, if not, this is going to go out.
Speaker 2: She also said she wanted him to read her pain and understand what she actually went through because she didn't think he really got it, and apparently.
Speaker 1: He didn't from all reports, he didn't take it seriously. He didn't take the threat if you will seriously. But she filed a lawsuit. That thing was settled in twenty four hours once she filed that lawsuit, and the wheels absolutely came off. But again, like you said, the thirty million did come from She said that she initially wanted thirty million from him for the rights to the book. When they decided they were going to settle, she said she came up with that number just out of there. She didn't do any research or what she could get or what it was worth. She just came up with a number, and that's all.
Speaker 2: It was what she figured from her pain and suffering, that would thirty million a work, yes, that that would ease the pain enough where that would be a remedy where she could live with that and live with that kind of a settlement. So it ended up being twenty million dollars, And that was again the first time we had heard that and.
Speaker 1: Probably the first time she was legally allowed to speak about it. These settlements and whatnot, they often come with non disclosure agreements, with non disparagement agreements, and the only exception when you can speak about that agreement is if you were compelled to do so in a court of law, and that is what we have here. I don't know if we ever would have heard about this, No, probably not, never would have known this had she not been in court and under oath and required to testify. But yeah, she got the twenty million, and I think that was a surprise everybody to hear that number. But that's certainly was settled on. She's back today the cross examination. I mean, hold your breath because defense attorneys do what they do, and we have seen over the years it might be the most sympathetic victim you've ever heard from in your life, and then some defense attorney gets up there and rips them apart. Now, don't know how they're going to handle her, but they're going to do what they have to do to defend their guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's you know, the lead attorney is a very famous attorney's daughter, Tenny Geragos, the daughter of Mark Arraghos, who actually just was representing the Menendez brothers, who's represented Scott Peterson of course, OJ Simpson, et cetera. But we've got a Shapiro on that team as well. So they are seasoned and very well experienced lawyers. And the two lead ones are females, and that was by choice as well. So yes, we will be holding our breath to see what happens in that courtroom today. But there were some quotes that we would like to end this podcast with that we heard from Cassie yesterday really struck us, that really spoke to her personal trauma and what she's been living with.
Speaker 1: And the first one you're here put down because I thought it was so telling, and also we give us that word heartbreaking, but it was so telling. And then the last one we have here, it's kind of one of the closing statements she made that kind of brings it all home as well. But the first she said at one point it was terrifying. It's not normal constantly being bruised up by the person you love who says they love you. We have to remember there are certain times, have been several times where you're reminded this was a young woman who actually thought she was in love. She was with somebody that she maybe she was in love, but she was being treated by the person she loves in a way that obviously is inexcusable. But to hear her at moments talk about the best part of the freak off was time I got to spend with him, to hear her say in some moments, and this moment as well, constantly being bruised up by the person you love who says they love you. It's not normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is not. And she closed with this statement, I can't carry this anymore, the shame, the guilt. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. People aren't disposable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said so much of the time she has spent. You're just ashamed. You're embarrassed. She used that word embarrassed like that was one point. She described him watching a freak off video on a plane with other people around, just shit, kind of showing it and like it was not that she was just embarrassed.
Speaker 2: And that's actually a really good point you make, because she talked about people always ask why did you stay? Yes, she loved him, Yes, she wanted to make him happy. I think we can all understand that. But at a certain point, you're like, when the abuse gets so egregious, why wouldn't you leave? Well, her career was hanging in the balance A and B those videos. She says he absolutely threatened to release those videos of her willingly having these types of sexual acts that most people would look at with a lot of judgment and it was too overwhelming for her to think about people other people seeing these videos of her. And that makes sense. I think so many women, anyone especially who's been in any similar situation or even is thinking, but knows that that is a very compelling reason to stay quiet.
Speaker 1: You said while he to why she stayed. People asked why she stayed. You mentioned the threat of this, but there was also the threat of physical violence, physical harm. Yes, living under thread. Look, this has been some compelling and just graphic and unbelievable stuff. And when you look at the pictures robes, when you go back and now you look at the pictures of her on a red carpet and go, wow, twenty four hours ago she was being beaten. And so some of these pictures are coming up and coming out. And you know, I told you about this song as well. I mean, you're looking at things differently hearing her story. There is a song I brought this up. I love this song. I've been listening to it for a decade plus. On one of Usher's old albums, it's called Little Freak. Usher is singing through this song about essentially having his woman go find him other people so they can all have sex together is the song. And there's a part where Nicki Minaj raps, I'm plotting on how I can take Cassie away from Diddy while she's singing about bringing other women and other people into the fray and a sexual experience. And I heard I'm like, why I never listened to that the same way that I'm listening to it now. But I encourage go listen to that song, folks, Little freak by Usher.
Speaker 2: It has a very different meaning. You said you thought it was one thing, and now you're thinking it might have been a minute completely the other. What was like saving her instead of stealing her or banning her, but saving her?
Speaker 1: Could that possibly have been the case? Could possibly have been the case?
Speaker 2: Possibly could have.
Speaker 1: So, folks, we will continue robes and I will continue to update you. I know it's hard out there to try to read all that information, but we are reading it every single day and want to continue to bring it to you here because we know there is a lot of interest and what's happening in the courtroom that is just that direction. As I point out the window of our apartment here in Lower Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for listening, and we will keep you updated. Hope you all have a wonderful day to day