Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight. From Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio, Man.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Coast to Coast, George Nori with you, Rich Martini, Back with Us. Author award winning filmmaker Rich Martini has written or directed at least nine independent films. A former freelance journalist for a Variety, Premier and other magazines. A graduate of the Masters of Professional Writing Program at USC Flipside a Tourist. Guide to the Afterlife is his debute nonfiction book on a topic that's been haunting him since the death of a soulmate. After a dream vision of visiting his friend in the great Beyond, Martini went on a quest to find out what the prevailing science and philosophical opinions of the afterlife could be. He journeyed into Tibetan philosophy, made documentaries in Tibetan, India. Eventually he was introduced to the work of the Newton Institute, founded by renowned author and hypnotherapist doctor Michael Newton. Welcome back, Rich Martini, Rich and it was good seeing you at Contact in the Desert.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 3: It was such a treat to see you, and it always is, I must say you are. You are so good at what you do. Watching you with a panel of like ten different people from all walks of life, You're just you always see you never see to make the audience because you really know, or it seems to appear that you know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I hope I do. Did you like my jokes?
Speaker 3: You know, we also have to consider that you're a terrific actor. So but at the same time, it was just really fun and I learned so much. It was really a treat to be there.
Speaker 4: It was good to see you.
Speaker 2: Then I told you we'd get you back on I didn't think we'd get this quickly, but here you are.
Speaker 3: H that's really cool. Well listen, I just I'm still working on this idea of talking to people on the other side and it listen, I love Nick Pope and I loved he hear what he said, but it brings to mind this question, if they can visit us, how do we visit them? And it sort of it dovetails into this idea of talking to people on the flip side. You know, your loved ones, people who passed away, If they can visit us as ghosts or whatever, how do we visit them. And that's what that's really what how I got started in this research because my as you know, you've mentioned my friend Lajana Andrews passed away back in nineteen ninety six, and then she started showing up in dreams and then appearing to people that I knew, and they'd say, well, you know, I saw Luana, and I thought, well, wait a second, if she can come and visit me, how do I go and visit her? And that's what put me in this rabbit hole where I started filming people under hypnosis, like Michael Newton, you know, in his group and talking you know, it's seeing how they were able to access the between lives realm, the idea that we're all on stage while we'll hear during life, but then we go off stage. But then I also discovered, as you know, I've been working with a medium for Schaeffer, and I found that different mediums like her, who work with law enforcement, they're like having a cell phone to the flip side, you can ask people who are no longer on the planet, so what's it like over there? What are you doing over there? So and it's a way of us connecting with them once they're gone. But most recently I've been doing it with just simple guided meditation. I discovered that you don't need to do six hours of hypnotherapy. It helps, but just sitting down with somebody and asking them about some event that happened. It's like a gateway. And so let's say someone had a vivid dream, or let's say someone had an experience, could even be you know, an out of body experience, could be a UFO experience, whatever that experience is, if it's vivid enough, you can use it as a key to access the memory of it. And of course sometimes when people will say, you know, I was terrified, you know, I thought I saw a creature in my living room and I was terrified. And what I say is, well, let's freeze the frame of the memory as best you can. Just freeze it so there's no fear associated with it, and then turn it into a hologram so we can sort of move around the memory of it. And then once they're able to do that, I have them walk over to whoever this person is and just ask the same questions. So doctor Grayson's a friend and he wrote this book called After. He's the doctor at University of Virginia, who studied near death experiences for so long, and in his book he talks about how you can get objective data out of subjective experiences if you ask the subjects the same questions. So if you have one hundred people who had a near death event, and you ask all of it, and that's why we know that only one to three percent of people who have near death events, the ones who can remember them, have something negative happen. So ninety seven nine percent of the people who have a near death event have positive things happen, you see. And so this idea of using this subjective experience, whatever it is, as a as a hallmark so that you can then access what happened. And then what I do is I say, all right, let's ask this person that you're seeing the same questions. And by doing that, I found I could hone it down into a very simple meditation that anybody can do. I call it my Beatles meditation. Picture yourself on a boat in a boat on a river, you know the song Lousy in the Sky.
Speaker 4: With Diamonds, And I just have them do that.
Speaker 3: And the people who do that, and I say, okay, what's the boat look like? And then they picture whatever that boat is, and then I say, well, what's the river like? Sometimes it's a lake, sometimes it's a pond. And from there then I say, okay, can I invite a loved one or a guide or someone to sit across from you in this boat? And by doing that they're imagining, of course, they're pretending that they can see their loved one. But I go from there and then I ask the loved one the same questions. I ask, are you familiar with me? And George. You be shocked how many people say yes, even though the person I'm talking to has never met me, has never read any of my books. I'm doing this on Zoom. By the way, Divine Counsels, I had like fifty people do this on Zoom. They've never met me, don't know me. And I just say does your guide know me? And the guide will say yes, we do know you. You're the troublemaker.
Speaker 4: You're the troublemaker.
Speaker 3: A lot of questions or or they'll say yes, and I'll look to be honest. The most thing that I've heard from guides is they say, this is really valuable what you're doing. You're helping people on both sides. Of the veil to realize that we can communicate with each other, and that, to me is really what it's about in terms of talking to other beings, whatever they are, whether they're guides or counsels or from other planets. Is this telepathic communication. So you're not asking them to talk with music or talk with sound, or talk with words, or to understand their words. You're asking them to communicate telepathically. And according to the science of the University of Virginia, we all have filters on our brain to block our ability to access this information. And if we can bypass those filters, either through your death experience, perhaps out of body experience hallucinogens d MT, we've heard that, but also hypnosis and meditation are a way to just sidestep the filters. Some children don't have them until the age of eight. As you know, they remember past lives, they see relatives that nobody else can see.
Speaker 4: They're much better than adults do exact.
Speaker 3: And also elderly apparently lose them just prior to passing. Seventy percent of the UK hospice workers say that their dementia patients suddenly regain their memories just prior to passing. And as doctor Grayson put it in his YouTube talk, is consciousness produced by the brain. He said, it's as if the brains they're atrophying, brains are losing the filters, so they suddenly remember previous lifetimes or see people that others cannot. So it's these filters that George, you and I have to figure out how to bypass so we can have these conversations with loved ones off the planet.
Speaker 4: Were you always a believer on the other side?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's funny because I remember asking my father, you know, dead or go th real? And I don't remember why I asked that, but He's like, no, they aren't, And so I just allowed that. That was the case that throughout my life. When I did see them, and I saw a lot of them, I just assumed, Okay, it's something I made up, it's a pepperoni pizza I had last night. Whatever. But when I started doing this research, I realized, oh my gosh, my whole life I've had very unusual. Well, I'll give you one. I was in Sydney. Phill of Noises invited me over to see his movie News Front, and I was staying at his house, but he was in a hotel because he had sold the house and so there was just a bed in there. And I woke up and there was a guy hanging from the rafters, hanging by a noose, and it startled me awake, as you can.
Speaker 4: Imagine, of course.
Speaker 3: And this guy then looked at me and said because he saw me, and said, oh, I'm terribly sorry, mate, It's just something I feel the need to do. And then a ladder appeared underneath him, and he climbed down the ladder and pulled the rope after him as if it was a prop, and as it tumbled off the rafters, everything disappeared. So I had lunch with jan Sharp, Philip's wife at the time, and I said, well, hey, what's up with your ghost? She said, what are you talking about? I said, well, I saw this guy look like a painter. And she said, well, our house painter did do himself in that way.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: But he lives somewhere else miles away. And I said, well, he must have liked your house because he's still hanging around.
Speaker 4: Literally.
Speaker 3: But so so I realized this happened to me more often than I care to admit, and all these times I used to dismiss it. But now, of course, if it happens, I don't I if I can ask the person a question who I'm you know, if I can consciously dismiss my fear and say, what are you doing here? Who are you? Am I invading your space? Let's say somebody, Who's I mean? I was? I was teaching film up at Camden, Maine, the workshops, and I woke up one morning and there would say, I kid you not algonquin or an Iroquois in full battle dress, dripping blood in an acciden to you. Yeah, And he was screaming at me in some language. You know, I assume his language, and he was very unhappy that I was sleeping there. You know, I woke up and I was like, oh my gosh, what was that? And so, you know, I slept with the lights on for a week that I was teaching, you know, this class. But late since then, I've understood that people, you know, who may had a hard time passing, they might stick around a house that they were in or place location, you know, the mountain that they used to live in, because outside of time, you know, once you're off into the flip side, time is completely different, you know, people say, twenty five years on Earth feels like five or ten minutes over there. So you can imagine a guy passed away one hundred and fifty years ago, two hundred and fifty years ago. To him, it feels like, you know, an hour and a half ago, and he's yell at you to get out of his house, and you have to allow that. Okay, I am in his house. I am in a space, you know. So anyway, my point is, don't have fear. Just ask if you can, if you can meditate on it, and just say, look, I'm going to remember this moment without any fear. I'm going to freeze the frame and I'm going to see if I can ask this person a question. Are you a stranger? Are you a tourist? Or are you somebody who used to live here? And you just allowed that the answer might be the case. You know, we don't know if it is. But like I said, if you get twenty people or one hundred people and ask them the same questions, they can then take that subjective experience and turn it into objective data, which is what I did in Divine Counsels in the Afterlife, where I had these twenty scientists who all agreed for this experiment. One was from Harvard. I've had neuroscientists, different people of priests. They all agree to do an hour zoom session, not knowing what we're going to do. I just said it was going to be a guided meditation, and I just started in with picture yourself in a boat in a river, and within a few minutes all of them that's one hundred percent. So as a sub you know, as a data set, it would be abnormal to suggest that they couldn't do it. They all met their counsels, their guides, some of them saw previous lifetimes. Some of them visited classrooms in the afterlife, and sometimes I interviewed the teachers of those classes, and in a couple of cases, the teachers said, Richard, we've met you before, You've been here before. And then I had to remember, oh my gosh, you know, five years ago I interviewed somebody who told me about being in this class. Mind bending Georgia.
Speaker 2: It really is something else. Would you consider yourself a medium.
Speaker 3: A medium rare, or of an extra large? You did see me, you know in Indian Well, I'm kidding, you know, you know, it's that thing of labels you know, we do. We do tend to label things and it makes it easier for us. I've met a lot of psychics, let's say, and I always thought, well, that's you know, the future is not set, so saying that you can predict it seems a little out of league. But once I started doing this research into filters, I realized we're all mediums. Everyone's a medium. Everybody has different filters. The mediums I know that I work with the ones who work for law enforcement. Some are you know, Claire Audience, some are Claire sent you all those Claires. But it just means that their filters are not the same and they're slightly off for whatever reason. I've also learned that when you do a hypnotherapy session, it's like you're bypassing the filters and then it's easier to do. So I've done six hypnotherapy sessions, you know, with Newton Institute trained ones, you know, and it's like four to six hours. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 4: Interrupted, you go ahead that I was going to say, that's intense therapy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: This is why the first time I did it, I did it because I thought I would prove that it was fake or false skeptical, jaded Hollywood dude me. I thought, you know, the camera's not going to lie. But sure enough, that's not what happened. And after about four hours, I was, you know, telling of I was experiencing what everybody else does. But then two years later I was here in LA and my friends got to Tamble, who was a hypnotherapist, said you know, why don't we try another one? And I thought, okay, maybe that first one was all made up, you know, So I said great, and he started counting me down and George, you got like three numbers in and I said, you can stop counting. I'm right back where I was two years ago. Wow, But it's twenty seconds later. It's like and because what had happened two years early was I went to front visit my friend Luana, who had a recurring dream that she was in a classroom. But now here I am in her classroom. I'm and she's startled to see me. This is how it happened. And I'm standing there in her giant auditorium.
Speaker 4: And she had passed by the right had passed.
Speaker 3: By then, and now I'm looking at her in the back row. She's about twenty years old with a ponytail, and she looks at me, like, what are you doing here? And I look down at the front of the stage and there's a ten foot tall green fellow. I won't call him an alien, because I think we're all aliens, because we all choose the incarnate, but he's a tall looking fellow. And the whole class stops while I start talking to my friend Juana. They all stop and look at me, and it was so awkward, and I said to the hypnotherapist, this is weird. I'm talking aloud, but everybody can hear me in the class. So now here it is two years later. Scott starts counting me down. And suddenly I'm standing on stage with the teacher, looking up at him with very stern faith, on a real stage, on a real stage, and she's my friend. Lawana has me by the arm and she's apologizing on my behalf to the teacher. She's saying, oh, this is my friend Richard. I'm so sorry you interrupted the class. This is embarrassing to me. You know, he's doing some kind of a project on Earth and whatever, and I'm and I suddenly, you know, it's like the Shakespeare Nightmare. You wake up. You don't know what play you're in. I'm looking and I'm thinking, and then this person, the teacher, looks at me and goes, well, what's your question? Like I should be you know, but thank God when you say you know the goodness. When you do these sessions, your higher self is kind of aware of what's going on. And my higher self had about, you know, five or six questions and he answers them. So all I can say is, that's a subjective experience. I had it. I know what it's like. But when I meet somebody else who says, oh, this is weird. I'm in a classroom and I'm there's a teacher here, and I say, well, hold on a second, can I can you invite the teacher over? Can I help the teachers? Of questions? And then I launch into the same questions have you heard of me? Does this work familiar with you? Do you approve of it? What do you think about what we're doing? How do you become a teacher? On the other side, have you ever had a lifetime on Earth? Et cetera, et cetera. And by asking those same questions over and over, you get a data set of what people
Speaker 1: Say listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more