Speaker 1: This episode of the Patriots Postgame Show is presented by DraftKings.
Speaker 2: This is the Patriots Postgame Show.
Speaker 3: First four died for the inside touchdown Patriot.
Speaker 2: With Hardy, Mike Desso and Paul Perrillo hand.
Speaker 1: Off to Stevenson.
Speaker 4: One's his left, big hole across for forty cuts left for forty.
Speaker 5: Five and steam rolls the defender.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation by calling the Aceticket hotline at eight five five Pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 3: I hope y'all keep that same energy for tonight. Baby can't wait.
Speaker 2: Live from our studios inside you Lette Stadium.
Speaker 3: Here's Hardy Chad Ryland, Ladies and gentlemen, fifty six yard field goal to give the Patriots the win tonight in Denver twenty six to twenty three. The final Let's get into it here on this episode of the Patriots Postgame Show, which is presented by Draft Kings, it's Hardy Mic to sell Paul Pirillo. Twenty six twenty three. The Patriots improved to four and eleven on the season in the most unlikely of circumstances, starting with the sixteen points scored by the Broncos on consecutive drives, only to have Chad Ryland, who had missed everything all season, including tonight.
Speaker 1: God, he finally made one.
Speaker 3: We've come through with a fifty six yarder to win the game.
Speaker 7: That was awesome. I mean him making the field goal and not going over time.
Speaker 4: And not going overtime on Christmas Eve. Wait to go check a quarterback tonight. But that's okay, we didn't have overtime. That's all I cared about, right, very selfish on Christmas. Sorry, Well, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's it's hard to know what to root for these days when you're a Patriots fan. But uh no, overtime on Christmas Eve is as good a place as any to start. I mean, it's we're watching the game here together, and it's it's weird because you're getting like certain messaging, you know, from us and Tamera, and you're getting different messaging from the announcers of the game. Oh God, thinking back on this game, like, what will be your memory of this particular performance?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 3: It just the the ineptness of the first half and in start contrast to what we saw in the second half.
Speaker 1: I mean, where was it.
Speaker 4: I just think there were two teams that really struggle to move the ball offensively, and the difference in the game to me was the Patriots made more chunk plays to avoid having to make drives. So that was the one point that Kurt Warner made. I thought during the game was it's really hard when you when you challenged offensively, like the Patriots and Broncos are to go ten twelve, fourteen plays without negative plays, right, So what the Patriots were able to do on a couple of occasions, once in the first half and once on the second half, was actually twice if you count. The game winning field goal is to throw on up fifty to fifty ball and have your guy come down with it, and that leads to points. And I thought Zabi did a good job of avoiding sacks tonight and giving himself opportunities to do that. And to me, the key play, the key players of the game tonight were the Patriots receivers, specifically I thought DeVante Parker and to Mario Douglas, who I thought made players on the ball downfield.
Speaker 8: Yep, those are huge, the big plays. I mean, that was what kind of sparked the offense to get those points. I mean, it wasn't great all night. It wasn't necessarily consistent. I was looking pretty bleak there when the defense all of a sudden, you know, just allowed those two fourth quarter drives to the Broncos. It just seemed like all the momentum went back to the Broncos, and you know, the defense then stood up, they got to stop and and you know, credit like Paul said, I mean, it was looking a little weird there with those first two carries.
Speaker 7: Where it seemed like they were almost gonna concede for overtime.
Speaker 4: If Sean Payton didn't call. Now I have no problem with Sean Payton calling the timeouts, but if he didn't call timeouts, we'd be in overtime right now.
Speaker 8: And and then it just, uh, you know, it came down to that throat to Parker, the quick one to Gasiki, who took a huge hit getting a couple extra yards, and then you know, I just I mean, look, there's a lot to dissect.
Speaker 7: I just would say it's.
Speaker 8: Been a tough year for Chad Ryland. I just of all the things him coming away with this, it's it's, you know, a nice little figure for him. He needs he needed that play if he was coming out of here. Mean, people were talking about he needs to walk home. You know, it's it's a good play for the rookie.
Speaker 4: So maybe that get maybe that gets him going and he you know, sometimes the long ones there's no pressure, yeah, you know, because no one's going to say like, well he choked, he missed a fifty six yard or like I mean I would but that that's just me. Like most guys, like on a kick like that, you just look at it as like, you know, no one's necessarily assuming you're going to make it. I think at altitude, you know, it's you know, how you go to fifty yards.
Speaker 1: To me, you go to sixty yards. At altitude, it's.
Speaker 3: Harder to have the yips on something where you're putting a lot of physical effort to it. That's a good point too, you know it's I mean, on the on the shorter field goals, it's like it's just about you know, you're thinking all about technique.
Speaker 1: I gotta feel good for the kid they did.
Speaker 7: Why not, Well, don't sweat the technique now, Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: A lot, good for you do. So let's get to our good bad injured list. Let's go. Now it's time for the good, pretty good, pretty pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: The bad and the injured.
Speaker 3: Ah, you are right, guy, good, the bad men injured brought to you buy the good players and plays, bad and injured. Let's lead us off deuce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Ylani Tavai with a force fumble. Somewhat chronological, but okay, I just think he's said that guy continues to play like a maniac out there, and uh, it just has really developed into you know, one of my my favorite players on the defense, the guy who brings energy, guy who you know has continued to stay positive through this season. And you know, it's just I don't know what the number off the top of my head, but like the number of turner, they haven't forced a lot of turners this year, but the number of them that have involved Jilani Tavai and Jabil Peppers, it seems like probably at least seventy five eighty percent of them have involved one of those two guys. So I think he's really emerged as a playmaker. You know, they didn't necessarily take advantage of that play, but tone setter, and you know, it just continues to kind of be around the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was an odd play all around. I still think the Broncos covered. I don't think that was a That was one of the only drives that the Broncos had. I think they were going into score on that one. I had Barmore, who I continue to be impressed with. He was really the only guy on defense that I had marked tonight. I thought they got off to a strong start defensively, but I thought it gradually deteriorated, and I thought the Bronco has really sort of stopped themselves over the last three quarters until the fourth quarter. But Barbour had I would have three sacks countless other times that he was drawing attention, big holding Collie drew On on the last trial with the second to last drive, I just thought he was dominant and even you know, when when when when the game was really slipping away, It's twenty three, twenty three and Denver gets the ball back. The first play is a screen pass, and he got out and sort of disrupted that.
Speaker 1: And hell, he didn't make the tackle.
Speaker 4: I don't think on p Ryan, but he was out there and caused uh, you know, he caused Peter Ryan to sort of take a second to get around him, and that let other guys come and make the play. So I thought he was the best player on the field again tonight.
Speaker 3: I mean first half defense, I had him down and bar More to me, was you know, the the obvious choice totally. I yeah, No, I think tavai Is is a good one also. But the three sacks and you know, eight tackles, five from solo tackles for Barmore tonight he.
Speaker 1: Was all big plays that you got members you know best.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's looking like the potential we thought he had this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He and you know, if it weren't for somebody just luckily standing behind Russell Wilson, Barmore would have been responsible for his safety tonight too. So it was a big night for him.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Paul mentioned a couple of receivers off the Top'll start with the Mario Douglas do it. That would be my first. Just offensively, again, not a lot going on in the first half, but anything that they seem to start or continue to. Mario Douglas was on the receiving end of a lot of those plays, only five catches, but for seventy four yards and he had the forty one yard reception. So and just you know, he's you can question as to whether or not, you know, just the wisdom as to him being out there at all after you know, going through two concussions already. But you know, all reports are that he wants to play, he wants to be back out there, and you know, this team can use all of that right now. And it's not like he's begging to be out there and he stinks. No, he's he's your most dynamic offensive weapon. So he's he's a big good list for me too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, I mean he's, uh, he's he's definitely closing in on the highest receiving yardage total for a Belichick rookie receiver.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: So it's it's.
Speaker 1: Credit to him.
Speaker 8: I mean, in some ways it's you know, I don't want to, I don't want to like play the other side of the fence with it. But it's just like, you know, how he's a sixth rounder, Like, I mean, these these guys, it shouldn't be this hard to find guys. You know, if you get him in the sixth round, there should be other you know, when you're drafting the second round, there should be you know, it should be obvious what guys can kind of play to this level. But you know, credit to to Douglas. I think he continues to be to be an important cog.
Speaker 3: All Right, I guess keep going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll just I mean, I'll Paul mention Parker, but I'll throw him in there. I mean, this is what he does.
Speaker 8: You know, it's it's it's nothing outstanding of what we've known about him. He's a contested catch guy and he's not gonna gain a ton of separation. But he does have a unique skill set in terms of having a guy right next to him and you know, kind of fighting a little bit and you're on the edge of you know, pass interference either way, and you know, he's just able to consistently come down with those balls. And it's something that we've seen for two years now that the quarterback, whether it was Mac, whether it was Zappi, you throw it up to DeVante Parker and you know, it seems like like three quarters of the time he's usually going to come down with it. So some big plays from him, those big plays were huge. They sparked the drives that they scored. I mean, really, I don't think the offense was overly consistent. It was just kind of timely big plays and then they were able to convert those into the end zone.
Speaker 7: So those two guys, those receivers, to me, were the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with those two. I would have them high on my list.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on a second here, Okay, because we just mentioned him. This is unbelievable as we're speaking about you, Sir Davante Parker joining us here from the locker room in Denver. Congratulations, we're going through our highlights and our good list for the night. Davante, you are absolutely on a Congratulations, great game.
Speaker 10: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Davante, just you know, what did you see on that last big catch?
Speaker 8: What was what was your thought going into that play and how did you guys execute it?
Speaker 10: We put the ball where he needed to be and I just made a I just came back and made a heck of a cast. I knew, I knew it was a play that we needed, so got to come down with it and there and it helped us in the end.
Speaker 4: Devanta, it looked like you were matched up with Patrick Sartan a couple of times tonight. What were those those battles. What's it like going up against him?
Speaker 10: Either very patient, dB, he's really good. You know, he's still young, but you know he got a lot of room to get better.
Speaker 3: You know, we talked a lot about halftime adjustments. I don't know if they're overrated or underrated, but the offense certainly looked better starting in the third quarter. Where there's some adjustments you made at halftime.
Speaker 10: True, yeah, yeah, I was. I stayed. Also, we just didn't We just limited our mistakes like we did in the first half. So I stayed. That kind of helped us out Devanta.
Speaker 8: We had you and pop up on the top on our good list. Just you know, what can you say about rookie receiver to Mario Douglas, what he's brought to this team and the spark that he provided for you guys?
Speaker 10: Oh man man Man brought toughness, you know everything either either the hell of a player a rookie but uh, you know, you know big time today make mega players bount.
Speaker 1: To you guys. Took the ball.
Speaker 4: Uh you got the ball back at the very end before the game winning on the game winning field goal drive. The first couple of plays were runs. Were you surprised that Denver was calling timeouts there, stopping the clock. It looked like you guys were content to go to overtime, and then all of a sudden they make the big play down the sideline to you. Were you surprised that the Broncos were sort of calling timeouts and giving you guys another shot?
Speaker 10: No, I really I think they were really call time out. Just shot it. Just Caise got the ball back, That's what I think. But but yeah, I was surprised when we called it run plays. I don't know what was doing. But uh, but yeah, we know everything happened in our favor, so.
Speaker 3: Including and and last but not leaves DeVante. Before we let you go, thank you on behalf of all of New England and everyone who's working and watching this game tonight for knock going to overtime. It's Christmas Eve. You want you want to get on the plane. We want to finish this postgame show just to thank everybody for us and thank you specifically for ending this thing the way it should have been ended.
Speaker 10: Oh, I don't want to t.
Speaker 3: Hey, Devonte, great game, Thank you so much for taking the time. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Congrats on the wind ingrats safe child back, all right, there we go. Yeah, I thought, you know, I agree with with you guys. I thought, there, you know, you see the highlights. They just the guys just ran, you know that, nothing fancy, just you know, fifty to fifty balls down the sideline, and tonight he was able to come up with a couple of them, and uh, you know, I think those were those were big plays on scoring drives and and I think that was the only way they were going to score. I would put Zapia on the good list too. I do think that you know, you can see the razor thin like this team doesn't have an offense, and I'm not like unlike rich Eisen, I don't think gop saw tonight was really good offense. And again they don't even get three hundred yards. But I think Zappi's ability to sort of avoid negative plays in the rush, like you know, to buy a little extra time and slide around is allowing them to make some of these plays down the field that they didn't have before. I gotta tell you, I mean, you know, he moves well in the pocket.
Speaker 3: The first play of the game was as bad as you will see, you know, from a blocking standpoint from a not recognizing the danger. I mean, just everything went wrong in an instant and then the rest of the game. I'm not saying he was perfect, but twenty five of thirty three for two hundred and fifty six yards, two touchdowns and no picks.
Speaker 4: And you can just see like, but it's it's so razor thin because they don't do anything easily and they don't get anything easy. No, you know, they had twelve first downs in the whole game. They were three for thirteen on third down. They don't run the ball, and I think conservatively they had a half dozen plays tonight that could have gone either way, Like they could have gotten caught by Douglas and Parker, or they could have gotten caught by a defensive back, if you know, the timing of the jump is different. So I just I look at how challenged they are offensively, and tonight was one of those nights where the fifty to fifty balls are more like seventy five eighty in you a favor. You know, some of them fell in complete, but you were able to catch three or four from Parker three of you know, I think one one fifty to fifty ball for Douglas and that's that's allowed you to get enough offense to win the game tonight. So I had I had Zappi on my good list tonight too. I like you guys, yeah yeah, And just.
Speaker 3: Real quickly on Parker before we move off of him. You know, we talked about this being a bit of a redemption for Ryland. There are a couple of guys on this team who were probably looking for redemption games or catches. I'm not sure that Parker got it completely tonight, but that helps. Yep, that absolutely helps, because you know, when you're thinking about him in this season, there's one play in particular that you think about and you're like, oh, that can happen.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: Juju Smith I think had his Juju Smith Schuster excuse me, had his a couple of weeks ago in the Steelers game. If I remember, it was the opening, you know, there was the big you know pass play down there. I'm like, okay, there's a little something back for Juju. There's a little something back for DeVante Parker to.
Speaker 7: I yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's it's good for conversation, you know, and especially with you know, I agree with everything Paul just kind of laid out, and I think the conversations now are going to be having us up there two.
Speaker 7: To one under Zappi, like what would have happened?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: And but I think the point.
Speaker 8: Is largely it's looked the same, but it's circumstantially just too Sorry.
Speaker 4: We need to count all of the games, and I'm not making one that I leave off. I don't know, he started four games and he's won two and lost to you know, I saw one of the Patriots, right, I think Ben Volean on Twitter tonight, like it's amazing how they didn't make this move sooner, Like, I don't know what you're watching. I don't know what you're seeing that you think their record would be dramatically different if Zappi played every game. I think there's a couple of plays here and there that Zappi is making that maybe Mac wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But again, they weren't getting wins. The other teams.
Speaker 4: Fumble a kickoff into the end zone, you probably don't win that game even tonight. Yeah, you know, against a very very average Denver team. You know, Like, I think he's been fine, he's the backup quarterback. I just they don't have an offense, and that's the bottom line to me, they do not have an NFL offense.
Speaker 3: Well to that end, and maybe a deuce you want to get back to some defense or for some other stuff here, But I just I wanted just to group together Jalen Rieger and Mike Kiseki and Faraoh Brown just kind of in all all three of them at the same game. Two targets, two catches. Giseki had the touchdown. They weren't asked to do a lot, but in this offense and the way they're running things, they can't do any more than whether now could they be open more?
Speaker 4: Probably I'll say Farrell Browns came on. That was one of the chunk plays that I think came on. I think they might have missed the field goal on that drive, but he had a chunk play in that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not often where I can you know, look back at a game log and see like, oh, you had two catches I don't even remember I remember, And can you know tell you about Riggers big catch, Koseki obviously with a touchdown catch, and the big chunk play from Pharaoh Brown. They all contributed tonight in the meaningful when I just I'll group them together. One good for you know, that combined six catch performance on six targets.
Speaker 7: I like how you did it.
Speaker 8: I mean it's just you know, little complimentary plays that you need to win games, and.
Speaker 1: This really good job.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But as as you know, Paul kind of lad out.
Speaker 8: I mean, when you're you're this, you know, every play counts so much that you know what I mean, Like those were so important.
Speaker 4: I'll just see, like you know, like in the highlights, just like how many Orange shirts are, right, Like the margin for error is just so slim because they don't do anything easy, right, right?
Speaker 3: What else you got there, dude?
Speaker 7: I'm good on on the goods.
Speaker 3: That was good. On the good That pretty much did it for me, Okay, I mean we mentioned Zapi if he goes on the good you know, Ryland's kick was fantastic, but earlier in the game it was I'm all right, we're not putting him on any good list. Great moments, great plays, a great third you know, a very good for third quarter.
Speaker 1: Born from great and great opportunity.
Speaker 3: I knew it was. That's what we had here that night. Let's get to the bats. What do you got, I mean, I had Ryland down, I gotta take him off. I know he's not another one.
Speaker 1: He's still Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think that's I know, I think that's like, you know, part of it. But I mean, just I just put special teams generally.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, look, he.
Speaker 8: Made he made the field goal at the end, but I mean the Chris Board penalty that you know, offset that.
Speaker 1: I mean that could have that could have been the game.
Speaker 4: I mean, I honestly thought the litany of special teams.
Speaker 7: And let's just highlight this one because I mean.
Speaker 1: Coverage giving up a fifty yard return like it was just another and.
Speaker 8: Like missus and everything, but like just to me, like just a stick on the board one, I just like that to me sums it up. I mean, this is like, you know, the crown jewel of your free agency special teams, and it's just a pre snap penalty, Like you know what I mean, Like these are the things that are killing them. It's not like, look, missfield goals, they're going to happen. I know that happened a little bit more than you'd like with Ryland right now, But for that to happen, it should have cost him the game. It should have cost him the game, and the defense luckily stepped up right there and stopped them from getting that last field goal. But I was heard that this is it, this is why you're gonna lose special teams mistake.
Speaker 4: Even like they had that penalty that cost them twenty yards at the end, short kickoff that they allowed to return out over the thirty yard line. You know, the punt coverage on the first one with Mims. Now they did make a play, you know, BIMs muffed the kickoff and Cody Davis ended up recovering it in the end zone for a touchdown, and without that you probably lose. So that but there's just too many errors in special teams every single game.
Speaker 3: Of all the things that can bother you about this football team, the fact that special teams have been such an issue, and you know you point to talent, Well, Bill can only do so much with the talent, and I know that's his problem, But they're just not good enough. You don't need really good special teams players. If they were really good football players, they wouldn't be on special teams. So what you need is really good coaching for your special teams. And the and the issues with the special teams a lot of it points back to coaching, whether it's whether it's you know, the formation penalty or just guys out there free lancing and you know, just I didn't even want to call them out because it's not even worth it. But I mean, schooler Is is difficult to watch sometimes, and I'm sorry, this is a lot of this is coaching. How are they being coached up? And it's I.
Speaker 1: Don't think they're being coached to line up wrong when they're punting.
Speaker 7: Right, So it's just not buying in.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: But they're being coached to miss extra points and that's true. You know that's true. Missed the net on a field.
Speaker 3: Goal, so they're so they're bad too. The special teams player no special teams is wretchedly but the are the players better?
Speaker 1: I think they are okay well playing bad.
Speaker 3: It's hard to make a case saying.
Speaker 4: They supposed to be the heir of parents. And Matthew Slater and I see him like egregiously misattackle every week and I usually see him bitching to a referee every week. I didn't see that tonight.
Speaker 3: I just think that. But I think that Slater is the exception to the rule of special teams players where Slater is even though he can't catch balls. Apparently, otherwise they would have had a receiver more than you know, three times over the last fifteen years. I think if these guys were more skilled, they would be in other positions. But you're saying, like it's it's even bad by that standard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think they've always done it this way, and they've always had like Larry Izzo's and Larry Wigghams and Gerard Cherry's and you know, all kinds of branding kings guys that were never playing any position but did their job on special teams really effectively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't have those this year. All right, what are the bad.
Speaker 3: Do we want to highlight here before we get to our injured list and the phone calls.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a lot to you a lot.
Speaker 7: I didn't really have a lot either.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's it was kind of spotty, Like I thought Miles Brian had a nice pass coverage on that one play with Courtland some but I also he had a fumble, he had, you know, another.
Speaker 7: Like so it's kind of like up and down.
Speaker 1: So man, like I feel bad.
Speaker 4: I thought anything secondary wise. I thought there were guys loose all night and I'm sorry, you have a sixteen point lead with eight minutes left and the other team had the ball in a tie game with a chance to win it. Like, that's as bad a defense as you can get. So even the things that you want to say about the defense are hard to put up, you know, Like I just thought that the coverage.
Speaker 3: Was what were more impressive the Patriots twenty point third quarter or the sixteen that Denver hung on the fourth. To me, denver executed bills were hard fought. Yeah, you know, sixteen points. To me, that was that's a good point. I just was stunned because and I don't know. I thought Russell Wilson was as bad as you can be in this game. And I thought that he created all the sacks. I thought, for the most part, they didn't have a lot of immediate pressure on him. He would just watch and see who broke free, and he'd run into him. And then all of a sudden, he puts together two drives where he's standing in and ripping the ball downfield like I don't know where that came from, and converts on two. I'm back to back two point conversions. I mean, it's just it's uncanny to watch that from from that football team that we saw the rest of the night. Just couldn't get out of their own way.
Speaker 8: That's why I was gonna say, like fourth quarter defense, but you know, they got the other stop at the end, so you know it's like kind of the.
Speaker 7: Good with the bad in one of these games like that.
Speaker 8: But I just it was disappointing, though, to see them give up to eighty yard drives where you know they're playing pretty well. They had them like shut down really. I mean when they fought fourth straight punts, there was a punt, punk, punt, fumble, punt.
Speaker 3: I mean the last Broncos touchdown came after they you know, they got him into his second and twenty after the holding call. It's like second twenty, all right, you got this, You're gonna you know, you're going to force them to make some you know, massively lucky play, and they didn't. They just they they worked their way back down there and scored.
Speaker 8: I also think that the the offensive line might be closer to the down list if Zappy wasn't as mobile as he was, because.
Speaker 9: I had.
Speaker 1: On the down list first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, injuries, duce.
Speaker 8: I mean I saw Bentley and John Jones were both evaluated, but I think they both came.
Speaker 1: They both came back.
Speaker 4: Evidently we were very loose with our evaluations on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Cortland, Sutton dead, everybody. Everybody was trying to keep this game moving tonight for the most part, except you know, the teams, and even they did their part by not going to overtime.
Speaker 1: So Fred Mills, uh, that was the one that dugger comes in and hit.
Speaker 8: I think Mills when those left the game a couple of times late, but I don't know if he was in at the very end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah, that's right, Mills.
Speaker 4: It's one of those games that if it had happened, Yeah, this isn't the original problem. It comes when Duggar comes from the side. I think he gets a little Friendrien. All right, let's get the phones.
Speaker 3: Eight five to five, pass five hundred emails, web radio, Patriots dot com.
Speaker 1: We begin it a hurry, getting ready to go.
Speaker 3: The door shortened post game tonight, Kevin and San Francisco. What do you.
Speaker 11: Got, hey, Harty, Congratulations on the new gig man.
Speaker 3: Thanks v.
Speaker 11: Thank you, so my son said to me tonight. He goes, it's a Christmas miracle, and I said, I'm bringing your presence back to the store.
Speaker 10: I did not want to see these guys win.
Speaker 11: It was a garbage win, and I'm not happy about it, not happy about it at all.
Speaker 6: And I understand the players are happy about it.
Speaker 10: They're trying, they're working hard.
Speaker 12: It's their job.
Speaker 10: So I feel good for him.
Speaker 11: But this is just putting us out of those top picks.
Speaker 10: And it means absolutely nothing that we want tonight. Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Kevin, I I know this is I mean, in the big you know, when the Euphouria dies down, and I'm being serious, you know, because it kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Fifty six yard field, go at the buzzer? Cool, right, do you?
Speaker 4: Fouria dies down? And I think you dropped a number four now and basically a three player draft. Yeah, you know what's coming my offensive tackle?
Speaker 1: There you go? You you would you could do that? You and Evan on your time.
Speaker 3: Spring. I made I made my peace with this, I really did. And outside of Caleb Williams, I well, Caleb Williams was in play until tonight, okay, but I'm not now he's not. Now you just can't leave unless you make it less.
Speaker 1: You make a trader what you went.
Speaker 3: And is there any chance that happens. I mean there's a chance, but I don't think it's likely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if Bill's not here.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh right a second, Paul, are you hearing something.
Speaker 1: Inside the building?
Speaker 3: Robert in Connecticut on this episode of the Patriots Post Game Show presented by DraftKings, what's up, Robert?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, a long time listener, first time callers.
Speaker 14: About Bellows now that he kind of like held mister unlimited to being pretty limited.
Speaker 4: Tonight one of the best games he's had all year. Actually, yeah, you know, I mean one hundred and three passer ratings.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought the Patriots defense got off to a strong start and then just wilted. To be honest with you, that's a bad offense that they played tonight, and they made him look like they were pretty competent in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: I see very little of the.
Speaker 4: Old Russell Wilson, and I see very little of the old Bill Belichick, to be honest with you, I see very little examples of you know, those in game things that you're like, wow, did you see that? Like I I thought it was embarrassing that they were trying to run the clock out at the end of regulation. Now I'm going to guarantee you, Mike, I'm going to save you some trouble. I'm going to guarantee you guarantee that somebody will try to make the point that he baited Sean Payton into calling those timeouts. I'm just gonna guarantee it. And what he was trying to do from inside his own twenty was to run the clock out and get into overtime. And I think they should have been throw throwing the ball that whole drive in an effort to get down the field. So maybe you don't have to kick a fifty six yard field goal to win the game. Maybe you can kick like a forty five yard or instead.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I mean that's kind of what their mo has been this year.
Speaker 7: It's it's not aggressive at the end of game.
Speaker 4: And I also think they should have called time out after the original catchdown field by Parker, which custom because big plays like that take a long time for everybody to get downfield.
Speaker 3: Uh freight train in Columbus, Hello freight train.
Speaker 15: Hey fellows, first time caller, actually so first off, though, gotta give credit to Rylance, and I mean definitely a great redemption story for him. Dale and that kick. Uh yep after those two miss has got a got some big cajones there with that. But look, obviously, you know now, since the pass are now down to four with the draft pick currently, let's just say they're gonna hold there. They'll be fourth or fifth. What would y'all rather do? Would you all rather have them trade like a third or or a second round pick for Justin Fields, or maybe take Jaydon Daniels. Thanks guys, Merry Christmas and looking forward to us seeing how the rest of the season plays out.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks you too.
Speaker 7: Intrigued by I'm intrigued by new people.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know nothing against Justin Fields, you know, I mean, I mean, he's winning some games right now. But I guess I'm still just more intrigued by somebody new.
Speaker 4: And I don't think Chicago's going to trade him. To be honest with you, I tell you, if they end up four or five, you can use this against me in a quart a lot later. I would trade down, Yeah, I would trade down. I would I would stockpile picks and you can get your tackle by trading down anyway.
Speaker 8: I mean it's look I think, I mean, I think all those things are actually really reasonable to debate. You know, it's if you can't get the quarterback you love, they've got a lot of holes.
Speaker 4: I don't think Jayden Daniels is a top ten pick now. If he goes in the top ten, he goes in the top ten. I think there are too many questions about his ability to throw. Again, we're just starting to get into some of that stuff, so I reserve the right to change my mind. I do like his skill set, and I like that dual threat sort of skill set. As the next guy, Well, he's thin. I know he's he's six ' four.
Speaker 3: I know he's six four. He's not sure, but he's still he's already put on twenty pounds. Yeah, and he's just like how much more can he put on?
Speaker 4: So and this is you know, see hardy and I think we think very similar a lot, and these kinds of things. I think his best ability is his ability to run. This is a little about what I'm worried about with Bryce Young, who had a great game today but obviously a disappointing rookie season. When you are best asset is your legs and you're not really built for that. Like Lamar Jackson's a big guy, he can run, you know. Josh Allen obviously is a moose. Some of these other guys that are a little bit slighter frame, I worry about them, and you see like they don't want to a running at all. Tua was a very athletic quarterback in college, but he's small. Yeah, and I don't think they want to running around too much. Yeah, so that would be my worry. I agree with Hardy, he's a little bit slighter frame. I suppose I could be talked into it if it was a little further down the line, but I think you either have to take one of the tackles at four or five or trade down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's really I don't I don't want to. I don't want to reach for him. I don't want to do anything like that. But if you're in a position where it's he's about to go anyway, I'd have to see a lot more from Zappy to think like, oh, you can actually, you know, you know, go another year even with him, like as as a suitable backup, you're gonna have to trade for somebody, you know, you're gonna have to get a veteran, You're gonna have to do something that's I and I don't love a lot of those options too. I you know, I don't. I don't get all bunged up watching Joe Flacco today thinking like, oh, oh, you gotta do.
Speaker 4: Is get so funny, Like that's so true, Like we've had we've gotten calls on it. Jake Browning. Oh, by the way, to watch any of that game? Did you see the punts again? So like it's just get Jake Browning, trade for Jake Browning. He's there, Joe Flacco just plugging Joe flaccol Like, I don't know what people think would happen.
Speaker 3: I really don't SPI and Fresno, what's up? Speed joining us? How was the how was the Carter mom?
Speaker 13: Can guys, it's coming together, It's coming process point Okay, I have nothing really to add.
Speaker 14: I thought the first caller was right on. Tonight was the first one where I actually actively wanted them to lose, and that was disappointed. Like two weeks ago, when they beat the Steelers, I called in and I was I was wondering if they might put themselves out of the top ten, and wait where are we at? It was six and a half on number of calls in the post game. Where are we at right now?
Speaker 1: You weren't to worried about it.
Speaker 3: You're number five?
Speaker 5: There we go, pound me over?
Speaker 3: Yeah later, all right? Thanks. I love to speak, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping track ready or I can go back all the time. I have all their names in case there's any question about.
Speaker 7: It, keeping receipts.
Speaker 3: Jake and need him. What's up? Jake? You're number six?
Speaker 15: Jake Heym just left the game pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Games and I yeah, there you were out there freezing.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: So you're not in Needham roller Coaster.
Speaker 6: I wanted to talk to you guys about the game.
Speaker 16: And then also I hear you guys talking a lot about jad and Daniels right now.
Speaker 15: I feel like Jadens Daniels is very similar to just Fields.
Speaker 5: What do you think on his style?
Speaker 4: He's just a lot smaller. That's that's what what Hardy's talking about. And what I mean like stature, not high, his frame, his.
Speaker 6: Frame, gotcha, gotcha? Yeah yeah. Jalen Hurts is a lot bigger too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, Jalen Hurts is another moose.
Speaker 3: Look if you can, if you could get me one of those guys, if you could get that's what our.
Speaker 4: Jackson I want. I want a dual threat guy. But I just want they have to be good. I don't have to be good enough passers.
Speaker 3: And they and I don't want them to be broken three games into their career because they're not big enough to handle the fields and.
Speaker 4: Fields is dealt with his his share of injuries already too, right, although he is starting to play a little bit better, a little bit more consistently. Yeah, I'm just on Tankathon right now. Yes, it has Washington and New England tied. Washington is in the three spot with the five twenty strength of schedule to the Patriots five twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's.
Speaker 4: A very small I don't know if that changes based on the last two games. You know, that's a pretty small margin, but nipping right at the heels Tennessee and the Chargers with five twenty four strength of schedules and the Giants at five and nine with a five to ten strength of schedule, so you can with one more win, and I'm sorry, I've been counting the Jets as a win in that last game.
Speaker 7: They're gonna play all out in that one.
Speaker 4: You can go down in the you know, down in the five to ten range, and that I don't think would be good.
Speaker 3: Just so you guys know, I am counting DeVante Parker's first caller.
Speaker 1: No, that's just not count it's funny show.
Speaker 4: And that's funny because I said before, I said in the pre game that if they win and then the player doesn't count, I specifically said that number one, number two.
Speaker 1: You say that I did aspect.
Speaker 7: Look at that.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're you're rarely paying attention to me, which I don't blame you for because I rarely have anything to say.
Speaker 3: I'm paying attention right now, you said I don't pay attention to you. Kevin and San Francisco Robert in Connecticut, we had well, I've got the hold ahead, No Denver. We had a freight train from Colorado, spiing Fresno and Jake and need him.
Speaker 1: So how many is that? Well, that would be five.
Speaker 4: That's funny because I was keeping track and when he said that he had them all written down, I was like, oh, I must have missed one, So I just made it so I got right now.
Speaker 3: So that's okay. I think that the show's over. It's not over. We got we got a lot of most not over do I say this?
Speaker 7: So going next, let's just do the full tail.
Speaker 1: They want to do.
Speaker 3: We got what?
Speaker 7: Oh nothing?
Speaker 3: See there, we got one coming right now.
Speaker 4: See this is ridiculous. You're like openly campaigning for call. We've got like three guys.
Speaker 3: First, try to read a cock of duty email.
Speaker 4: We've had like three three first time college and I'm like, tonight it's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: It's like one am. I walked out of Denver and was like.
Speaker 4: As well, take Joe and san Antonio to get six. It is no longer Christmas Eve. It is twelve o three am, and Merry Christmas, every Happy Birthday.
Speaker 1: Tamara Brown, Oh right, but that's fine.
Speaker 3: Ben from Long Island said that field goal is going to haunt us for years to come. So much for a quarterback that is going to be.
Speaker 7: Wait, bears taking a selfie right now.
Speaker 8: Of course, I just was going to say, like all the stuff about like this was the year we had to get a court, like this is a long rebuild, Like even if they got the second overall pick, like they needed more you know, like, I just want to pump the brakes of Like if you miss out on a on a top two quarterback.
Speaker 1: This year didn't have to be that long.
Speaker 7: Maybe it did, unless you think it was Drake May Like, unless you think Drake May was.
Speaker 3: I think those two guys, I think what it was. Peter in d C. This rat team can't do anything right. So we win a meaningless game that will prevent us from drafting a franchise quarterback or even a game change in wide receiver. This is gonna set us back five years or more. Well, maybe we have a chance to be relevant in the thirties. At least I can save money by not ordering Sunday ticket next year. God, this sucks, man.
Speaker 7: You don't have to be that's like, it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be that down about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, Joe in San Antonio?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Joe Hey?
Speaker 6: First of all, Merry Christmas, Hardy, you will be missed, and uh for uh for counting reasons, screw it. Count Devanta Parker, I'm number seven.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: We got we got six jolly rules.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say that, by by no means, I don't think Billy Zappi is like a solution or anything like that, or even a competent backup at this point. But there are some things that he can definitely do better than Mac, Like he's maybe like his pocket presence, and I agree that he can make that that Mac just is missing. And man, I just can't help but to feel bad for Mac for some reason. Uh, it's kind of sad, but it it is what it is. We still suck. We are losing opportunities to get a higher pick, but it is what it is. Yes, just somewhat enjoy it somehow, and that's it.
Speaker 1: That Christmas to you.
Speaker 3: Joy the river walk down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, great, I think Zappi's pocket presence gives him a leg up on Mac.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the rest of it. I agree with Joe, Like, I mean, I don't think this now.
Speaker 8: He just feel feels small to me, Like it just seems like he's trying to throw over the mountains every time.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know, are you serious? Are we taking a break?
Speaker 3: Is that what we have to take a break? Okay, Well, use this time to load up the phones eight five to five pats five hundred web radio at Patriots dot Com. Will said, the Grinch tried stealing our Christmas gift, but we were able to get it back. Props to Zappi and props to Ryland redeeming himself. In the end, we knocked off Russell Wilson for the first time since Super Bowl forty nine. That's something to remember, right.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Knocked off Russell Wilson for the first time since Super Bowl forty nine? Is that Ryan?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Have they played?
Speaker 3: You're You're the one who has the memory for all this stuff? All right? More of the Patriots postgame This episode presented by DraftKings. Coming up, stay with us.
Speaker 1: Touch for You, Interactive from the Yocres Company.
Speaker 17: Offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touch for You also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okres dot com.
Speaker 18: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with Pepsi.
Speaker 19: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen Dirton debree ahead of the blades for effortless saving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 3: A million dollars for picking players. That's a lot of money. DraftKings, you know how many jokes I gotta tell them to.
Speaker 7: Make a million dollars?
Speaker 15: Probably like a half or one.
Speaker 17: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings the leader in daily fantasy sports.
Speaker 18: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with pepsi.
Speaker 16: Studies show that up to ninety four percent of female sea level executives played sports. That's why bridgetone is partnering with professional football teams across the country to sponsor girls. Black football leagues bring a new opportunity to those that need it, Monks, because learning to catch and dodge matters, but learning to lead on the field so you can lead in any field, that's what really matters.
Speaker 5: iPhone fifteen Pro on Verizon.
Speaker 20: This Holiday trade in any iPhone in any condition for the new iPhone fifteen Pro with titanium, Apple TV four K and six months of Apple one all on us with Unlimited Ultimate. Go to your local Verizon store now six months of Apple one, then ten dollars per month N hundred ninety nin ninety nine device payment or fold retail purchase with new smartphone line on Unlimited Ultimate plan required less one thousand dollar trade in slash proma credit APPLI over thirty six months promo credit. Ends of eligibility requirements are no longer met. Zero percent APR, Apple TV FOURK and Apple one offers require eligible phone purchase with activation on Unlimited Ultimate.
Speaker 1: Additional terms and conditions apply. Visi Verizon dot com for detail.
Speaker 21: When someone accidentally threw away the school play costumes, oh No. Replacements were shipped with FedEx and with picture proof of delivery, everyone could focus on the perfect opening night FedEx Where now meet's next for residential delivery only.
Speaker 3: iPhone fifteen bro on Verizon this holiday.
Speaker 20: Trade in any iPhone in any condition for the new iPhone fifteen Pro with titanium, Apple TV four K and six months of Apple one all on us with Unlimited Ultimate. Go to your local Verizon store now six months of Apple one then ten dollars per month n Hundre ninety nine nety nine Device payment or fold Retail purchase with newsmartphone line on Unlimited Ultimate plan required less one thousand dollars trade in slash promo credit applight over thirty six months promo credit ds of eligibility requirements are no longer met. Zero percent APR, Apple TV four K, and Apple one offers require eligible phone purchase with activation on Unlimited Ultimate.
Speaker 1: Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit Verizon dot com for details.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation by calling the Aceticket hotline at eight five five pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 1: Takeaways.
Speaker 3: I pulled them up and then kept talking. Sorry, sound like.
Speaker 2: Hardy live from our studios inside Jillette Stadium.
Speaker 3: Here's Hardy Well jokes on you guys, because I believe we have the call that's gonna send us over the top right now. This will peak great if this is a dial we're going to Uh Robin Foxborough, Rob go ahead.
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, yeah. I think you guys are great, and I just wanted to say a hearty, you're gonna be a mess. You've been the best, uh the host ever and uh, I guess you're okay. I'll hang up and listen to agree with me.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Wow, Rob, I appreciate that America, the fact that he was standing right there talking.
Speaker 3: I made the phone call from the other studio from inside the house. The pan answered the phone. I was standing four feet away from him. He's like, okay, post what Yeah, this is Robin Foxborough. It first took me a minute to figure it out, and.
Speaker 1: The Heart called and and got me once, so I'm not making fun of anybody.
Speaker 3: And then I just turned around.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, this guy wants to talk to you specifically.
Speaker 7: Then I had to figure out who Rob was, and I'm like, oh wait, that is your name, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Hold on now, Oh boy, that one doesn't count, but this one will.
Speaker 1: If he's there, Jeff in New York?
Speaker 6: Are you there?
Speaker 15: I am.
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 6: We go?
Speaker 3: Did you want anything?
Speaker 12: Can I please be your last phone call? Because I feel bad for you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's you know what it could be?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we got to hear from Bailey Zappy too, So go ahead.
Speaker 12: Can we talk about the two the two best sounds that could occur this evening. Sure they should both go on the good list.
Speaker 5: One of them is.
Speaker 12: When somebody's got there, and the second one was the most amazing gooint hitting the I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What it was the camera, the upright, it hit the upright.
Speaker 5: Oh that was that was That was fantastic.
Speaker 12: So anyways, not to feel bad for you, guys, I'm just trying to help be your like allocated caller. So like I'll shut up and listen and that guy Rob good call.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: You got that, man, that was big. You went four and two. And thank you arn too for the week. I went too, and four Mike one and five. Oh so you know, Hardy, catch us up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's grab Eldred in North Carolina and then we'll hear from Bailey zappy.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll just give me in dark place.
Speaker 3: Let's do that. Eldred. Do you get thanks Harry, Christmas, Thanks Biggie and Hardy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna miss you man, I mean you got to leave.
Speaker 1: Well, well, yeah, we're working on it.
Speaker 3: We're I'm gonna be here for two more games. We know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that for a fact, but uh, I don't know how to feel about this game. So I was May was losing, then we're still winning. Then the hell? Now that quarterback? But Mike, so like the way you build a team, bro, give me that quarterback. Give me that where I receive a first You know, Jay and Daniel, I agree with Paul's slender, but he's pretty good. But I keep killing y'all. It could be my compenit. You probably get him in h by the end of the first or the second round. And if we get we dropped four enough, we don't get Martin Harrison, no way. So Harrison going to Chicago, They're not gonna get a quarterback guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's see.
Speaker 4: That'll be interesting too, because if Chicago decides they just want to sit tight and take Marvin Harrison rather than trade the pick and enroll the dice that they'll be able to get Harrison. That that could be interesting too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eldrick, thanks, but go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, I got one question, But okay, I know Kleb william is actiletted, but he sticks to one. He about it. He gonna have a problem.
Speaker 1: Like he's short, but he's short.
Speaker 5: Pennict can throw the rain, and he can run any mobile and he can throw short long and whatever. I hate that knock that people got on him. But when they play in January, you change your mind. I guarantee you see it on TV.
Speaker 4: Right Washing has a lot of bad weather games. I don't know how mobile he is. I think he's not a statue. He's not mac, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: He's I'm with him.
Speaker 7: I'm with him on the quarterback. I'm not with him on the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Well what part about the wide receiver?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 8: With him on I'm just not on the on the Marvin Harrison, you know, drafted guy fourth overall. When you need a left tackle, a quarterback or you know, like it's a quarterback.
Speaker 4: If you had a quarterback, I would I would absolutely be in. But I just don't know who throw I just think it.
Speaker 3: Garrett Wilson, Yeah, let's hear from Bailey Zappy, shall we sure? All right? And normally we'd hear from the coach, but from what we understand, he it's not yet been in the room yet or he's very late. So anyway, a big thank you to our partner of Microsoft, Surface, official sideline technology provider and laptop of the NFL and the New England Patriots provides players and coaches with the tools to succeed both on and off the field. Check out the powerful Surface Pro nine, combining the power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet. Surface dot com Here.
Speaker 9: I'm on Cloud nine. If that's even a thing, I'm enjoy you know, these next few days, Christmas everything, and then get right back at it.
Speaker 18: The first play in the ocean to the last play basically and the kick the chat came up for you guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it was kind of a opposite day for us. We've been starting fast the last few weeks. We started very slow. You know, first play of the game I fumble and then from there it kind of just you can just see like the momentum for us kind of just like all right, we can we can move the ball and these guys and you know, that was kind of the whole you know, mentality for us. And then you know, going into that last drive I think it was one minute and fifteen whatever it was, you know, just get close enough to where you know, we have a shot and we get sent chat out there and just you know kind of just however close we need to get to stry to get him there, and you know he made a hell of a kick. I mean, that's that was unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: Guess you guys feel like you could push the ball today, like you'll throw the rigger, you know, do you know go to yeah that one in there Pharol.
Speaker 1: Brown up to see what Billy do with a skame?
Speaker 13: Did you go on?
Speaker 1: You know with that sort of war is on?
Speaker 9: I mean just you know, like he usually does. You know, he starts, lets me get in the rhythm and then we kind of go from there. Of course, the last few last few games, I mean, you know, situation would mean that's you know it kind of you know predicts or hinders as much as you can do pushing down the field. But like today, we had great matchups on the outside with our guys and you know it kind of shows today. You know you put it up there, let them, you know, give them a chance. You know, I I like my guy better than anybody else.
Speaker 16: The uh, like Kurt on the house that you were tested and asking if he ever had moments where you wonder who that What do you remember.
Speaker 15: About that conversation?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that was right after I got cut, so it was kind of at that point in time that was you know the word you know, thing that you know, I've ever it happened to me in my football career. So and I know, you know, me and him have you know, built a relationship, you know, with the combine and everything to where I you know, I texted him cause I know he's been through a lot, you know it. He wasn't a he very easy you know career for him coming into a league, he had to do a lot of things and he had to overcome a lot of you know, adversity. So you know, I just reached out to him, just kind of picked his brain about it, and you know it was you know, I'm glad I have somebody like that, you know, outside of course, you know my coaches that I go to that I can you know, pick their brain.
Speaker 10: Given how things have played out, now, how do you reflect on those feelings?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's part of it, you know, you learn, you know, I understand you know, back then the decision that was made on respect it and everything. But you know, if I had a time machine, of course I would go back and change everything, but you know you don't. So now we're here, I'm gonna be where my feet are and you know, enjoy this win and enjoy you know, a game win. A kick chat made.
Speaker 3: Te caught on you was like, kind of did there uh uh once during that first half?
Speaker 1: But to go from that and then what it mean for you to make the you know that's the do.
Speaker 3: You sick but also the one department that you really needed.
Speaker 10: It in those situations?
Speaker 9: What does that mean to do?
Speaker 5: Confidence?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that's just you know, to see guys like that go up and make you make that play like Davante did. That just builds more confidence not only for me but also in my connection with him. And you know, I fully believe no matter what whoever's out there covering any of my guys that are out there, press coverage, anything, if I put the ball up there, I know it's either gonna be incomplete or we're gonna come down with it. Yeah. So you know OB's he's a great coach and he coaches hard and I love it.
Speaker 3: So it's fun, Baily when you see how well do you guys claim right now how the t the team is starting to come together and you're a little bit for the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Obviously playoffs aren't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Like do you ever sit in wonder like what.
Speaker 4: If what if I got into the line up a little bit earlier, whatever, a little bit.
Speaker 13: Different the season build?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna get into the whole hypothetical thing of you know, what would have happened if this happened or that happened. You know, I'm gonna control what I can control, and that's you know, how I approach every day and how you know, I take care of the ball, and how I get the ball of the the playmakers, and how I prepare throughout the week. And you know, like I said, you know, we have two days we're gonna celebrate this win, and you know we gotta get right back at it, right back at it on Wednesday, cause you know, we're facing really good Bills team that's rolling right now, maybe.
Speaker 1: The defense up the end.
Speaker 3: So when they got to the siddle.
Speaker 14: Anything, you feel like you feel.
Speaker 3: Like you got a real pick me up at that point.
Speaker 12: Because don't understand them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, one hundred percent. You know, there was a lot of thank yous that I was telling everybody, I thank you. I appreciate it, and you know kind of like know the fi is everything that happened. You know, they didn't get any points, so you know that's kind of you know, if you don't wanna turn the ball over, but you know, if they don't get any points, you know, that's a that's a win of course. So you know for us as offens, you know, to have a defense like we do, I mean it's phenomenal. I mean to be able to you know, the team situational things that we were able to do today and the defense stepped up and it's it's just awesome to see those guys play. I mean they're one of the best, if not the best defense in the entire league.
Speaker 3: What was the mood of the team likes? I mean it's Christmas League, you know, playoffs already reach a or you gotta.
Speaker 18: Have ever you know, a lot of injuries now every recently kind of packed it w What.
Speaker 5: Was the the the team links?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we're we preach, you know every day that we're playing for each other. Like you said, we all know that you know, playoffs aren't you know in the future where you know, right now we're playing for one another. And you know, going into this week, we understood that, hey, we have Christmas coming around. Wouldn't be nice to enjoy Christmas with a win. So that was kind of our motivation and to be able to do go out there and execute it was you know, it's it's awesome.
Speaker 6: Could you describe where about a versus Grill or you know me over these past forts sins.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean there's you know, there's been some stuff on and off the field that you know, definitely look back on that you know has improved, you know, just speaking from the football aspect of you know, just seeing the defenses, understanding you know, pushing the ball down the field, not pushing the ball down the field, being smart with the ball, ball security, things that you know in the preseason and you know last year that I was kind of lacks day school with and those are things that you know I've tried to improve on every day and try to get better at. And then then off the field, you know, just a preparation part on watching film, understanding the game plan, understanding what we want to attack and how ob is gonna call it game and trying to be on the same page with him, and I think the more and more that you know these weeks go by, is you know, the more that me and him are gonna get closer and closer.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Appreciate you, Thank you, Thank you, Bailey. Appreciate it. Appreciate it. Thanksat wrapping up this uh Patriots post game show presented by DraftKings. Whether you're in the game or betting on the game, you need a game plan. Draft Kings Sportsbook, official sports betting partner other than New England Patriots provides you with everything you need to build your personal betting game plan so you can get in on all the action while practice safe bets. DraftKings dot Com slash Responsible dash Gaming. Learn more about all the safe betting tools DraftKings has to offer. Hope is here eight hundred and three two seven fifty fifty or gambling Helplinema dot org must be twenty one and over play. It's smart from the start game. Since ma dot com physically present in Massachusetts, DraftKings dot Com slash Responsible dash Gaming for details and statespecific responsible gambling resources. Well done, gentlemen. I have one final email here from Joe, Oh the puff cooke?
Speaker 18: Is that? What?
Speaker 20: When did you get that?
Speaker 7: This week?
Speaker 6: Probably got a deal from a front of us. It's gor Tex.
Speaker 3: Do you know about Gordex?
Speaker 20: You like saying gord Tex, don't you?
Speaker 21: You can't even turn around with that.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 3: That is fantastic. Well done, puffy coat, Well done Kurt Warner's puffy coat. Oh my god. One final email here Joe and Weymouth, subject line go home, you have my permission. That's worse than having to stay Land on Christmas Eve to cover the Pats post game having to do it with this team. I still don't like to play a calling. Looks like they went into prevent offense after going up twenty three to seven. I didn't even know if they. I don't think they went into prevent offense. I think Russell Wilson came alive for a couple of drives and scored when no one expected them to. I thought they were actually playing smart. I didn't have a problem with the way they played up twenty three to seven offensively.
Speaker 4: I thought that they missthrows like. I didn't necessarily think it was overly conservative. I just think so, let's face it. The thing the Pats did most offense night offensively was go three and out. Yes, and they went three and out in that possession in between the touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, final thoughts, dues.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, feel good for some guys.
Speaker 7: I know it hurts the draft position. Not really looking forward to hearing everybody cry about it all, you know, for.
Speaker 1: The whole week. Just like I totally agree it is what it is like.
Speaker 7: I don't know, that's just like this lamenting that. But it's fine.
Speaker 1: On to Buffalo.
Speaker 7: Two more games to go. We'll see what they have. That Buffalo team is like, like Zappy said, they're.
Speaker 8: Rolling so tough place to play for New England and I'm sure they'll the Buffalo fans be waiting for him now.
Speaker 1: It is an offense, I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It is a defense that the Patriots offense has had some success against the last couple of times it's played. So it'd be interesting to see if they can get in a shootout.
Speaker 3: Wow. Uh, we will be back here. Do we do we have a game time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Next week is one o'clock. It is one of the last game is probably gonna be Sunday at one.
Speaker 3: Took the last game probably week, but it's looking like Sunday at one, okay, so we'll be back here at ten forty five. I am a week from today, correct New Year's Eve day for pregame against the Bills.
Speaker 4: That one doesn't go to overtime either, Okay, don't don't you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I want to get my New Year's on.
Speaker 1: That's right tonight.
Speaker 3: But it is now officially Christmas. So Merry Christmas everyone, Thank.
Speaker 1: You animal, Thanksmas. See you guys too.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, everybody, Thank you so much. Final score for the final time Broncos twenty three, Patriots twenty six. Thank you for listening and watching. Thank you for downloading this podcast. Subscribe on Apple, google Play, and everywhere else you listen.
Speaker 1: Like the show, Please rate and review us.
Speaker 18: Listener comments and ratings help keep us high in the podcast rankings so new listeners can find us.
Speaker 17: Be sure to check Patriots dot com for more news and more podcasts.