Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Made it to a Wednesday. Got pizza on the menu today.
Speaker 2: Not exactly sure what Dylan is whipping up, but morale is high.
Speaker 3: Come on in, Fritzy's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah kay, yay, you got a status report?
Speaker 3: Are you probable? Doubtful? Day to day little.
Speaker 4: Crummy, but better than yesterday. Enough to be here, and I'm glad to be back. I didn't want to miss more than one day, So here we.
Speaker 3: Are, okay, that's part of the reason why morale is high.
Speaker 5: Yes, Dylan, I'm liking Todd's scruffy look too in the voice too. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: This is strictly not feeling good enough to shave, but I'm glad to Paulie has mentionedause he kind of likes some of the facial air, but I'm not doing it for any kind of look other than just didn't feel like shaving.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Todd, Marvin is here, Pauli's here, backroom, guys, and yours truly. Eli Manning will join us. He knows a thing or two about victory parades in New York City. We'll talk to Eli a little bit later on phone calls always welcome eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by doing nothing but taking your phone calls. There actually played golf with Tyler yesterday with Dylan and Mario, who's the eyes and ears of the show, got to play some golf, had some laughs and once again, these guys are at least thirty years younger than me. And the old man was out driving all of these utes.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna blame the driver. I'm blaming the wand not the wizard.
Speaker 2: Well, there was plenty of blame to go around for some bad shots. Yesterday. You were hitting it well though, Yes, I was well struck. I wasn't scoring. That's what you hear sometime, you know, when you talk to guys, you know, really good players. You know I hit it well, just not scoring, you know. Or man, I didn't hit it that well, you know, I kind of ham an egged. Yes, Paulie, are you back on my back?
Speaker 6: You took a long stretch away from golf, I think over eight years, and the sport suffered. Yes it did. Yes, you see him back. I was back ish yesterday, all right, and I played eighteen holes. Normally I stop at fifteen, because that's right. By the clubhouse. I'm like, man, there's a beer right there, a convenient fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, we could stop right there, but I played all eighteen yesterday, Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 5: When we got off whatever the fifteenth green, and then you started going to the sixteenth tea box. I was like, what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Well, last time we played, I stopped at fifteen and let you guys continue.
Speaker 3: And I thought, no, you know, let's post a score here.
Speaker 5: You didn't miss much.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panadi America, the official trading cards of this program. First Hour brought to you by McGuire's. They have their Quick Solution kits removing the guest work when cleaning out your car. The kits come with the products you need to tackle the job, a drill, attachment brush for faster cleaning. They do wonderful work, McGuire's Quick Solutions Kit, and they've been doing this for one hundred and twenty five years. Whole question, Play of the Day, stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming. Say good morning, good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. A lot of soccer yesterday and you know, the United States, it feels like collectively we fall in love with the World Cup every four years. It's still taking time for us because we have other sports. You know, when you think of these other countries, this is their football, this is their NFL. We have other distractions here. But we love our stars. You know, we fell in love or a lot of people fell in love collectively with a WNBA, with Caitlin Clark, Lance Armstrong with the Tour de France, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson with the NBA. Great players do more than win games, They actually create fans. And that's exactly what happened yesterday. You had star power front in center. Lionel Messi reminded everybody of why he is the goat, and he did so in primetime with a hat trick. Killian and Bape had two goals of his own. Earling Holland he had two goals as well. So the biggest names shining the brightest, and that's what you want.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: We're not going to abandon our traditional sports here in the United States, but you get the superstars front and center, and yesterday that was a fantastic start to watch great soccer. And you know, sometimes You'll watch a sport and you'll go, I don't get it, or you'll watch a sport and you'll go, now, why is he considered a great player. This was one of those where you go, I'm going to tune in. Let me see what Messi's all about. I mean, the guy's going to turn thirty nine next week. That is ancient in soccer and on this stage. But yesterday had a hat trick. He could have had four goals. But you're you're watching. I mean, Holland and Bape, those are big guys. I'm still fascinated with MESSI Like, I watch and I go, wow, he's not fast. It feels like he's like he's a Jalen Brunson type. From the standpoint on Yeah, I'm coming back to Jalen Brunson. Those nick fans, they're gonna embrace me.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: He compared him to Messi.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Footwork is so important, and I think it's probably one of the most underrated aspects of any great athlete. Footwork, certainly with soccer, certainly with basketball. Uh, you can even say baseball to a certain degree, but Messi has that. And look, I'm no expert, but I've been watching for a long long time, got to see Pele at the end of his career, and there's a fascination. Never played soccer, but there is. You know, I found myself to be more of a Premier League fan in the last probably five years. And I'll credit Rebecca Low for that, who I think joins us on Friday.
Speaker 3: She does all right, thank you Todd.
Speaker 2: But watching these guys do what they do and everybody in the building knows that's who you have to stop. And there was one ricochet that shot on goal came back and Messi is right there, right on the doorstep, and I go, how do you lose that guy?
Speaker 3: Like that's the guy. I never understand.
Speaker 2: I'm never ever going to let the best guy beat me, or if he does, then he's going to have to beat me and somebody else and maybe somebody else.
Speaker 3: But you know, it was fun. This is this is the event.
Speaker 2: This is what you want with an event like this, And the crowds have been wonderful coming out to see these players, and you don't want to go out and see somebody and you go, he looked old.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure people watch Michael Jordan with the Wizards and they go okay, yeah, you know he had twenty two points. Okay, he ain't dunk, you know, just okay. But that's where you get caught up in the hype. Or you go see an artist who like David Lee Roth. You know, you're seeing David Lee Roth with Van Hale and now you see him out there now and you're going, wait a minute, nobody else is comparing David Lee Roth to I just checked.
Speaker 3: But you're you're.
Speaker 2: Watching and you're going, man, I missed. I must have missed something here because that guy used to be great. But watching Messi yesterday at that age, like soccer, it feels like on this stage you're old when you're in your early thirties. He's going to be thirty nine. Tom Rinaldi had a really good profile of Messi and where he grew up, and this is Rosario, Argentina, and they got murals rolls all over the place and it's like seven of them of him in his hometown. But that's what's fun, that's what we want. We love star power in the United States, and you got to see star power yesterday. It's a great day for World Cup. You got matches coming up today. I will be interested in England and Croatia. There's Portugal and Congo, Ghana and Panama, Ubekistan and Colombia. We will get Ronaldo today and how many goals will he score? Now he's forty one years of age, so he'll be front and center today. But World Cup that was a lot of fun, a lot of fun yesterday. All right, Dylan, let's pull question for the first hour of the program.
Speaker 5: Well, Dan, this feels topical, but who is your soccer goat, Messi, Ronaldo, Pele other anyone?
Speaker 2: A probably recency bias with mess Now, you know, when he came to the United States, I think people were surprised. It's like, oh, why isn't he, you know, playing in the Premier League, or why isn't he playing at a higher level in a different league around the world. Ronaldo went to Saudi Arabia, so he basically disappeared. His bank account didn't, but he basically disappeared. Messi came over and you're seeing more of these more experienced, veteran, older players coming over here at the tail end of their career, which is great for us that you're able to see them. And he's played really well in the MLS but you know when you're doing it, you go back into the World Cup and now all of a sudden you get a hat trick and then you're like, okay, just want to remind you guys occasionally just want to tap you on the shoulder. But I'm not an expert in it, don't know enough about it to be able to make some kind of educated guests or you know, have analytics to back it up.
Speaker 3: Messi.
Speaker 2: Also, he's always fascinated me. Ronaldo doesn't fast and ate me as much because he looks like an athlete, like he looks like he's, you know, Kobe out there. Messi's just he's just a little guy who kind of toddles about and you go, I'll be damned, but this is the brilliance, the beauty of sport. Where you go, that guy is smarter than most people. And that's what it comes down to. You have athleticism. They all have athleticism. Now what do you do that's different. I'm going to get to there without you knowing, or I'm going to get there before you get there. And even seeing in Bope he hit he had a shot that was I don't know, forty yards out like it's just a bomb in that poor goaltender for Senegal is like wait, oh he's he's actually taken a shot, and then it's way too late. But to see now those guys are fitting, you know, Holland, those guys are built. But those guys are in their mid twenties. Messi is gonna be thirty nine. Wow, yeah, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Four years ago when Argentina won it, a lot of people thought that's it for Messi, he'll be thirty nine. He goes to play in Miami. A lot of players like Thierry Henrie Beckham, once they go to MLS, it's almost like a declaration that their international career is over and you get replaced with a younger guy. Messi just holds people off. He's too good to keep out of the lineup. And he looked at yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was fun. It was.
Speaker 2: But also the atmosphere of the United States is providing I think is important as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 6: Would throw on the pole question. Diego Maradona of Argentina. He almost single handley won the eighty six World Cups.
Speaker 3: Well, you said single handedly?
Speaker 6: Too soon for England and to Godly and Pale, I think three World Cups for Brazil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, Pele was I would like in him. It's going to sound really strange. I would like him to Elgin Baylor because Elgin Baylor came into the NBA and nobody had ever played the game that way at that height six' four and he was so. After he was just different than. EVERYBODY i, Mean wilt was seven feet. Tall Elgin baylor was an incredible athlete and he came in and you're, like whoa wait a, minute where did this guy come? From peley was like. That WHEN i would watch, Him you're just, like he's. Different AND i you, know the bicycle. Kick how many kids screwed up their neck and back trying to do that bicycle?
Speaker 3: Kick, Yes, DYLAN i think speaking.
Speaker 5: Of Elgin, baylor that may be one of the more underrated unbreakable records as his finals single game and final series point. TOTAL i think it's like sixty one in a finals game and then it's like close to three hundred and a final. SERIES i don't know if anyone's going to touch that.
Speaker 6: Ever, Yes paulin just to recap the comparisons in segment, One i've been taking. Notes jalen runs into, Messy David Lee roth TO messi Elgend baylor To. Pele, YEAH i challenge any other.
Speaker 2: Showes, yes, yes but sometimes we do, this you know when people try to explain life to me When i'm at a party because they, think, oh he just a lug ahead and he just knows. Sports and they'll be like, okay and they're trying to explain something and they'll be, like. Okay it would be like If lebron left and then he, played but he didn't, stay and then he went, back but then they didn't want him.
Speaker 3: Back you, follow And i'll.
Speaker 2: Go you can just explain it in Regular english of what we're talking about, here but.
Speaker 3: They have to dumb it. Down So i'm going to be able to understand. It, yes, bo, yeah they with. Me it happens the same.
Speaker 6: Thing you. Know THE fed chairman is kind of Like Michael jordan his. Prime everyone loves, him now What ben.
Speaker 5: Chairman it's Like David Lee roth Leaving Van.
Speaker 3: Halo, yes but weren't you justribed as being The Sammy HAGAR i was that was very.
Speaker 5: NICE i was thinking more of A Ronnie James. Diokna oh, okay, yeah all, right But i'll Take Sammy hagar very successful To.
Speaker 3: Keylove, Yes. CABBO i haven't had.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 5: UH i don't know If i've ever had it on a, purpose but probably.
Speaker 9: Been in the.
Speaker 3: Drink how beut we get some For? Friday?
Speaker 8: Done some?
Speaker 3: Marks, yeah Mar mark so.
Speaker 2: Rita uh all, right well let me take a, break then we'll come up with the pole question. Today your folk phone calls are always welcome eight seven to seven THREE dp show email ADDRES sdp at Dan patrick Dot, Com twitter handle A dp. Show so pole question coming, up just getting started on This. Wednesday and OH i just got the menu for the Pizza. Wednesday i'll have that for you as. Well we.
Speaker 1: Return be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: App Steuc gott's.
Speaker 10: HERE i have a podcast.
Speaker 3: Empire it continues to, grow AND i.
Speaker 10: Have brought it here To. iHeart i'm also doing a live radio show from three to five Pm eastern because my.
Speaker 5: Wife wanted to kick me out of the.
Speaker 10: House it's Called Stu gots And Company, live which is available in podcast form right when the show. Finishes every single day some of the biggest names in, sports a lot of phone, CALLS.
Speaker 7: I love you. Guys you show it's one of my.
Speaker 10: Favorites a lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too. Seriously those are just some of the things that you can expect From Stu Gottson company And Steve Gottson Company. Live so listen To Stu Godson Company live and our original. Podcast please, subscribe rate and Review Stu Gotson company and God Bless. Football taylor's livelihood depends on. It you do it today and you can check all of those out on The iHeartRadio, App apple podcast or wherever.
Speaker 7: You get your.
Speaker 2: Podcast talked a lot ABOUT messi to open up the, show and here is the the call On World cup On.
Speaker 3: Fox his last, Goal.
Speaker 11: Nicole kixall is laying ON messi lay, first come, out track, time goals.
Speaker 3: Go and he did.
Speaker 2: It and he's almost thirty nine years of age with a hat. Trick it's fun fun to, Watch, Yes dylan.
Speaker 5: And the other news of bets THAT i did not place that hit if you Parlayed holland two goals And bope two goals And messy two goals one hundred bucks for one year ten grand and it seems so obvious in, hindsight doesn't.
Speaker 2: IT i, KNOW i just went in the back And, mario who wanted to know what's the trend? Today because didn't you vote on? You you were betting on.
Speaker 5: Draw, yes so basically that, uh two days ago when every game ended in the, draws like you, know what's totally gonna happen the next, Day they're all gonna end in a draw. Again it did. Not it was actually almost the exact. Opposite, okay what's the trend you're going with? Today i'm really looking at The uzbekistan squad. TODAY i just think they're a. Sleeper, yeah you've always liked. Them paul AND i were chopping up about The husback's.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah the gambling podcast will be recorded after the show Today shay And, Irving big De Ray dylan and they'll chop it up and tell you who to, vote, vote who to bet, on who to bet on FOR Us open and Uh World cup as.
Speaker 3: Well yes.
Speaker 5: Too we also have the second edition of The World Cup Food game. Today, oh if you're feeling so, inclined.
Speaker 3: WELL i dominated. Yesterday you really.
Speaker 5: Did ALTHOUGH i don't want, to you, know point this. Out you did Say france For. Kuscus that's a little.
Speaker 3: EMBARRASSING i KNOW i got the hard. Ones, YEAH i THINK i.
Speaker 5: Forget it was like off the, Rip you're Like.
Speaker 2: Blgeria but but Doesn't coo'scu's Sound.
Speaker 5: French's, yeah, YEAH i could see.
Speaker 3: That Who's COO's i don't.
Speaker 2: Know stat of The day brought to you By Panini, america the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick. Show poll question what are we going to go with hour? One, well just a quick early.
Speaker 5: Update we threw up the hoo's your soccer Goat, Messi, Ronaldo pele or. Other if there was five, CATEGORIES i would have Put maridona in. There messi is running away with that at sixty three. Percent, yeah probably recency biased.
Speaker 2: THERE i don't know if there's a wrong answer there, now but the purist will you know they're. Territorial it feels, like Is, Messi, Ronaldo lebron And jordan.
Speaker 6: Not really because they play at the same. Time, OKAY i think personal preference likability people Have MESSI. U i guess it's bird magic. Hmm, okay that'd be the BETTER i think the better. Comparisons, Okay parandona might Be Jordan Well magic is Definitely Rinaldo showman doing interviews being. Available messi doesn't do a lot of. Interviews he's a, killer not Like Larry.
Speaker 3: Bird, Yes marvin another.
Speaker 12: COMPARISON i thought yesterday's performance By messi was kind of Like Steph curney in The, olympics where it's, like you hear about this, guy how does he do all? This and then he just shows out on the world's biggest.
Speaker 2: Stage, okay all, right, Bloop i'll give you credit for. That is that's the pole question for hour?
Speaker 5: One, yeah we have another. One this is a dumb one THAT i was thinking about, yesterday just BECAUSE i feel LIKE i see the Name jalen all the time now more and more. So Is Jalen brunson the Best jalen in pro?
Speaker 3: Sports how many Other jalen's would you put on that?
Speaker 5: List Hurts, Carter Jalen, carter, Uh Jalen williams Both, No, No, yeah you, Know Jalen brunson Is Jalen. Cocher panthers wide Receiver, Wattle Dylan.
Speaker 2: Waddle you're not going to trick me into saying something negative About Jalen brunson and then the nick fans are coming after me.
Speaker 5: Again, Yeah Dan patrick Says Jalen wattle is Best jalen in pro.
Speaker 2: Sports, yeah let's not do, that and they're still coming after.
Speaker 3: Me Dylan.
Speaker 2: Brown, Yeah Jalen brunson all the, way not even. Close we have this now official That Brendan soorsby's pro day right now tentatively set For july tenth In South, Lake. TEXAS i believe at a high. School he and his agent are waiting for THE nfl to confirm the window to have the. Workout, now why does THE nfl have to confirm a? WINDOW i, mean this is at high school football. Field i'm not SURE i follow THE nfl has to acknowledge this Other so then you let THE nfl, know so the teams, know and then you could have their scouting department show up and Watch Brendan. Sorosby all, right let's See Bucky Notre. Dame Hey, buck what do you have for?
Speaker 7: Me good? MORNING, dp six foot two, EIGHTEEN a lot of fish and.
Speaker 3: Chips.
Speaker 7: LISTEN i love how you guys are talking about The World cup and. EVERYTHING i just got back From liverpool AND i went to their last home game to See sala And robertson retire or their last home. Game And i'm telling you it was. Incredible the, fans the, neighborhood the, people everything was. Awesome BUT i actually upgraded. IT i went to a fantasy, camp SO i actually got a, kit a practice. Kit we went to their practice, Facility we Met Ian, rush we met a bunch of, coaches we Met David, james and then we actually got to dress in their locker room and then play At ansfield on the. Pitch and you walked out there. Too you'll never walk.
Speaker 3: ALONE i don't want to.
Speaker 13: Cry it was.
Speaker 3: Incredible oh that's. Great, yeah thank.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 3: Buck david In, Ohio Hi, David.
Speaker 9: Hey what's Up?
Speaker 7: DAN i happy Pizza.
Speaker 9: WEDNESDAY i saw you're Having Eli manning on the.
Speaker 7: Program do you know Why jay And irving called him Sling? BLADE i always wondered, that so thank.
Speaker 2: You he thinks he looks Like Billy Bob thornton's character in Sling.
Speaker 3: BLADE, mm.
Speaker 2: So if you Google Billy Bob thornton and Sling, blade so That's shay And irving Calls Eli Manning danny Sling.
Speaker 3: Blade oh. Boy jim In, MICHIGAN I, jim what do you have for?
Speaker 14: Me Hey, dan good.
Speaker 15: Morning my second.
Speaker 16: Cousin played soccer over In, england actually. Impacted he was a coach For liverpool and years, ago AS i, said we as a, kid you, know my grandparents were always, saying you, know your second cousin plays over, there and he actually went on To Theftual he played For glasgow and got knighted. There his name Was kenny De bleach AND i always felt kind of guilty ONCE i, did like a deep dive because on the comparison he was like almost like A Terry bradshaw or anybody.
Speaker 13: That we look up booked over.
Speaker 16: Here now where my question is is do you think we'll ever get to that?
Speaker 14: Point like you sort of made?
Speaker 13: It every four years we.
Speaker 14: Fall in love with, Soccer and even THOUGH i was told as a youngster that you, know.
Speaker 16: My relation was a great soccer, player never really grasped. It and do you think we'll ever get?
Speaker 13: There?
Speaker 3: All not in my.
Speaker 2: Lifetime, No but keep in, mind this is their, sport this is THEIR, nfl this is every sport for the most. Part now you are seeing these countries embracing. Basketball, obviously flag football is to be big THE nfl wants to grow the sport worldwide, baseball you, know so there's there's we're trying to expand our sports into their. Countries they've been, TRYING i, think to expand their sport into our. Country and WITH, mls With World, cup you, know we kind of take a glance at it or every four. Years there's certain events we. Watch With Winter, olympics we fall in love over curling and then all of a sudden we move. On, now curling is you, know nowhere near with soccer's popularity because it's the most popular sport in the. World but we fall in love with things that we don't normally fall in love with or care about other than when they roll. Around and with, SOCCER i think having those players that you can tune in and watch and you, go, Okay i'm watching something.
Speaker 3: Special that's the. KEY i go back to.
Speaker 2: Golf the number of people who started watching golf because they were watching somebody do something they had never seen, before and that Was tiger looked, different played, different everything about in. Mentality he was, different but he also was great in the. Clutch he was winning, Championships he's winning. Titles that's what we, Want like you want that validation Like, wemby we want him to get into that category Where joker And jannis. Are luca's not in there yet of winning a, championship like you want that confirmation of What i'm watching is, real that that guy is going to be one of the greats of all. Time but we want to see you win. Championships AND i think that's the. Key you want to. See we may not understand what's at, stake but The Champions, league whatever it might.
Speaker 3: Be but you do like.
Speaker 2: Tuning in and seeing somebody do something where you, go, wow that's entertaining figure. SKATING i don't know anything about figure. SKATING i know how to put on, skates but then you're watching somebody do a quadruple, whatever a triple salcow LIKE i don't, know but damn that was.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Yes.
Speaker 12: Marvin do you think it would have been different If rinaldo Or messi played In, america like in THE, mls where you got to see them every single?
Speaker 2: Week, no because then we would wonder why they're not in The Premier league or elsewhere. AROUND i think when we see players in THE, mls we're still there's still that stigma of, wait they're not good enough to play elsewhere in the biggest, leagues the best, Leagues SO i, think you, know it might not be, fair BUT i think that would be probably the normal, reaction, Yes.
Speaker 3: Doling, YEAH i think.
Speaker 5: That's one of the bigger hurdles probably for soccer In america is that it's everyone looks to international first for like the top competition versus like more people are probably Watching Premier league ON tv THAN mls, Games SO i feel like you're gonna just see them over there far more often than even you would.
Speaker 2: Hear, yeah When rooney came over here and we're, like, oh, okay he can't play over there. Anymore all, right it's kind of nice coming, back you, know you take a victory lap, here people get to see you your new.
Speaker 3: Hair, Yeah, Paulie like.
Speaker 6: You said, EARLIER usa soccer didn't start In, america and it's developed a lot here WITH. Mls it's developed a lot here with The World, cup and we're much more. Competitive but over, there it's like college football is. Here it's a day to day you grow up in. It you have loyalties that cannot be. Changed it's a soap. Opera it's the best comparison To european soccer Is american college.
Speaker 2: Football and also if you look at the salaries that are paid in these sports in our, country now they're making fifty Sixty, now granted there are some transfer, fees there's some guys making a whole lot of. Money ronaldo was making two hundred and fifty million, DOLLARS i believe In Saudi. Arabia you, know you got guys who are. Compensated look at THESE nba. Players so those athletes in other countries have to be looking at these salaries, here and that's why you get this influx of great talent around the, world because they can come into THE. Nba after a couple of, years you might be making fifty million dollars a. Year, baseball the salaries in baseball, football certainly with. Quarterbacks you know YOU'RE mls is not going to have a salary structure that rivals The Premier league Or Champions league or you, know any other league around the. World you're coming here usually either starting your career because you can't get on A Premier league, team or at the end of your career coming.
Speaker 3: Back we're not getting your. Prime, yes, still, YEAH.
Speaker 5: I don't See christian politic leaving Ac milan for The Seattle sounders Anytime.
Speaker 2: No Not, yeah but maybe five to seven years from now he might be coming back to The United. States dylan And, denver not to be confused with Our dylan who went to The university Of. Denver what are the? Odds, Yeah Hi, Dylan.
Speaker 15: Hey, Dan hey go Pios. Dylan i'm just calling in weighing on the poll. Question AND i Liked PAULI'S nba com For messi And. Ronaldo a couple of minutes, ago he, said bird And. Magic i've made that analogy. Before i've always made the analogy That metti Is Steph curry And christian Is Lebron james maybe five ten years ago voting their. Primes but you look At ronaldo And lebron and you could plug that athlete and put them in another sport and they'd.
Speaker 7: Probably be really.
Speaker 15: Good, well when you look At metty And, steph they're specialists that they are only good at that.
Speaker 7: Sport but, man.
Speaker 13: They don't look like they should be, good but they make it look.
Speaker 2: Easy, yeah Although Steph curry could be a professional, golfer he's that. Good BUT i understand what you're Saying andrew And, washington welcome, Back.
Speaker 3: Andrew, oh good, Morning.
Speaker 14: Dan and thanks for taking my. Call, yeah it's that you know every four years where we sit down and finally walk a whole soccer match LIKE i did last night With, argentina and you see something that just looks so easy that he sits out what would be assumed the fourth quarter because he's already scored three goals and you, realize oh my, gosh that's the first time he's ever done, that when it looks like he does it Every World. Cup but the thing about it, IS i think there's two things you just hit on it that, like kids that want to be good at soccer don't stay in THE, us they go, overseas and so that's where the factory. Is and, that you, know the college football thing is really good because it is like a soap opera over. There BUT i also think the thing that lacks in soccer is the amount of celebration that can be.
Speaker 13: Had in this day and.
Speaker 14: Age there's so much self gratification that happens in life that soccer doesn't allow what to. Happen what are you going to? Do get up and, say, wow that was a great, Tackle, well the game's already passed you, by you already left your teammates. Behind but in basketball you have ten to twelve times where you can do Little selly's and everybody has their own little. Makeup football the same way you have that pause where you can celebrate one tackle just teen times in the. Game BUT i don't think soccer gives, that AND i Think american sports are built around some are the self gratification of celebration and then the. Money of, course the money always give all of the, money and that's where you find the. Sports all, right.
Speaker 3: Thank, You Andrew adam And Denver Hi, adam what do you have for?
Speaker 7: Me good?
Speaker 3: Morning just real.
Speaker 9: Quick About, andrew if you watch a game with knowledgeable, fans don't applaud different plays throughout the. Game but you're, right it isn't celebrating like Our american. Sports but The Messi ronaldo comparison Is, nadal. Right both could be the best at their, sport and then they're actually playing each other a, lot so they competed versus each other in champions leagues and on the world. Stage so that's the COMPARISON i come to WHEN i See messy on although trying to explain to Other american.
Speaker 2: Fans thank you and, LOOK i don't know. SOCCER i appreciate, soccer AND i also love that people are. Passionate AND i said this. Before WHEN i, RETIRE i will probably you, know get in you, Know, Intel i'll probably Ask Rebecca low give me the three places WHERE i have to go to watch a, match And i'll ask her this On, friday BECAUSE i want to do. That there's certain THINGS i haven't been able to do travel, wise but that's something that you, know probably my wife AND i THAT i would want to go to certain places where you have to watch that match at that. Stadium dennis In Long, Beach, Hi, dennis.
Speaker 7: Good, morning.
Speaker 13: GENTLEMEN i think the best comparison To. Messi i'm sure you Saw Wayne gretzky live on the ice and how wherever he, moved the whole team the defense would shift towards, him bringing a ton of open, eyes ticktacte a goal or come back to. Him messi does the same. Thing if you watch him on the, field where he, moves the whole defense shifts towards and where he's kind of walking, to which opens up huge spaces for other. Players and then they go to that and he's all of a sudden they left him alone and he's. Scoring. Yeah and the other COMPARISON i have is the THE mls is kind of like The Champions league for. Golfers you get to a certain, age you can't make it on the real, tour so you go to you go. There same thing if you're playing In germany Or italy or The Premier, league do you go to THE.
Speaker 3: Mls thank, You, Dennis you're right About.
Speaker 2: GRETZKY i actually one of the first DATES i had with my, WIFE i took her To. Philadelphia it was The flyers against The oilers AND i was actually covering The Stanley cup final AND i wanted her to See gretzky in. Person, NOW i did this to my family When jeter in his last. YEAR i took them To Yankee. STADIUM i wanted them to See Derek. Jeter now they. Didn't they didn't get The Derek jeter. Thing they're, like he's just standing out, there not doing. Anything go get a, beer you. Know But, Gretzky you're just watching the smallest guy on the ice and you're just, thinking how is he doing? That not the quickest not the, fastest but he was the. Smartest and the intelligence of attacking up you, know a, game a. CONTEST i, mean that's that's the beauty of seeing somebody out think.
Speaker 3: You and that's What wayno. Did he'd be, like all, Right i'll.
Speaker 2: Get it To Yari curry And i'm probably going to get this back And i'm going to go. Five like you know, There wayne was always a step or two. Ahead the great players are a step or two. Ahead Not i'm going to, react It's i'm going to, react BUT i already know What i'm going to do WHEN i react, Again and Watch wayne doing, that and you're GOING i still don't know how he did, it BUT i think the messy comp is very. Accurate, there let me take a break, here more phone calls coming. UP pauli has a debate bets that HOW i can describe this tough poll? Question, wow, okay we'll have that for. You play of The day. Next Fox Sports It's radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App search f S r to listen.
Speaker 1: Live oh my.
Speaker 3: God play of the Dayside.
Speaker 1: This is the play of the.
Speaker 14: Day check this.
Speaker 5: Out i'm a missy.
Speaker 3: Courtesy of telling.
Speaker 5: Mom.
Speaker 2: No you, KNOW i hate when the announcers drag it out and they try to rival what just. HAPPENED i know you don't want to say, goal BUT messi did all the, work and it feels like you kind of want to take a victory. Leap it does bother, Me, okay it. Does Maybe i'm being, very very. PETTY i just think you are trying to take away from what we just saw with your.
Speaker 3: Call, Guest, huh what's better a drawing? Out go or go bo bo bo bo bo bo go.
Speaker 4: Go i've heard it that way, too like ten.
Speaker 3: TIMES i don't like the. DRAGOUT i don't like.
Speaker 6: That, yeah pull that was kind of invented By Andre's. Kantor he's been doing it a long. Time mixed, reviews but he's he's kind of a brand in the soccer.
Speaker 2: BROADCAST i met him years ago In minneapolis at The Super bowl and he was a very nice. Gentleman BUT i think we just saw somebody do something. Great it's kind of like you're latching onto.
Speaker 3: That that's. All, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have to. DISAGREE i love the long drawn out go call. ESPECIALLY i, mean it's JUST i feel like it's fitting in, soccer And i'm you're just used to it at this.
Speaker 3: Point we don't do that in. Hockey no similar.
Speaker 5: Scoring, hey they don't take their shirt off after the scoring hockey, EITHER i. Cool they a lot. Harder you have to take all the pads.
Speaker 2: Off, yeah hold, on hold, on let me take it off and then let me go run to a corner and skate on my knees And play of the day brought to you By True, green biggest sale of the. Year let the pros handle all the work while you enjoy your. Weekends visit truegreen dot. Com By june twenty third Restriction SUPPLY, Pauli i'm going to wait until the top of the hour for the hammer pole.
Speaker 6: Question it's that good now You oh, no, no, no it's, Fantastic, OKAY i don't.
Speaker 2: Lack, out no, Pressure, okay top of the. Hour, Yes i'll let you start the hour and we'll start it. Fresh we'll let it breathe and we can talk about this incredible pole. Question debate bet that you have with this pair to be, Disappointed, Okay. Dylan the results from The pole question first, Hour.
Speaker 5: Yes, dan who is your soccer GO? Messi ronald Though pele or other sixty three percent saying. Messy and then Is Jalen brunson the Best jalen in pro? Sports sixty eight percent say, Yes, well.
Speaker 3: Who would be a Better jalen Than Jalen? Brunson hurts won A Super?
Speaker 8: Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay ramsey, no No, ah all, Right Jalen hurts great postseason. Player all, right all, right fine with? That?
Speaker 3: Uh stein In? Vegas, Hey? Steen, hey how you?
Speaker 5: Doing you're?
Speaker 11: Doing?
Speaker 13: Boys?
Speaker 9: Yeah great.
Speaker 8: Show ACTUALLY i just had one thing to actually, Say, uh with Our World, cup especially A usa, team you, know compared to eight years, ago the team wasn't that bad at. All but now since our boys are In, europe if you saw that, game, wow it's like Watching. Barcelona we're Even Manchester city.
Speaker 3: Play oh yeah wait wait wait, wait hold, on hold. On we got pump pumped the.
Speaker 2: Brakes it was really good and we actually are more offensive minded than we've been in Previous World. Cups but, uh slow. Down it was a nice performance against the Pesky. Paraguayans, Yes, PAULINE.
Speaker 6: I was with him for a. WHILE i THOUGHT usa soccer was moving the ball like they never. Had but once he Said, BARCELONA i was pumping. Spring it's, ok kind all, right we're.
Speaker 5: Excited you, know, Yes, DYLAN i know you talked about what what soccer, matches football matches and your retirement or, like MUST u. SEE i think L classic is probably going to be one of, them That Real madrid Versus. Barcelona It's, Barcelona, Barcelona. Locienta but you, KNOW i could probably get my wife to go To paris Sink germain because It's. Paris but you, Know i'm going to factor that Into But i'm gonna Ask Rebecca low On, friday like give me three destinations and the.
Speaker 6: Yes and just to help you, Out, Dan El clasico means the. CLASS i look it out to double.
Speaker 2: Check one hour of the, books two more to. Go Eli manning will join us in the final hour of the. PROGRAM i saw Where steve Now eli was At game three of THE Nba. FINALS i saw Where Steve, sarkisian The texas head, coach Says Arch manning may pass up THE nfl draft this next, year that he Loves texas so much as nil is really. Good he's got some endorsements and he could see him staying another year because he really likes The university Of. Texas, okay he's got the option to do. THAT i would probably go into THE. Nfl get started on. That you're going to make a lot of. Money it's the number one overall, pick and a couple of years later you're going to be making sixty million dollars a. Year, HEY i love college. TOO i stayed two extra years AND i wasn't even in. School paulie's, incredible unbelievable pull question
Speaker 3: Coming up top of the, hour hour two right after this