Speaker 1: Hey, y'all is Lolaurena Rosa with the latest with Laurna Rosa on Black Effects and I cannot wait to see you guys at the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. Okay, we're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April twenty fifth at Palman Yards and it's hosted by me alongside DJ MV and Charlotte Magnea God. We got Drink Chance of Noriega and Djafing. We gotta keep it a positive sweetye with My Girl Christopher Nate Haslin. We got Reality with the King with My Guide and my brother Carlos King, and y'all know he does reality commentary like nobody can.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We also have Don't Call Me White Girl, the podcast I Love Mona and Club five twenty podcasts, along with the Grits and Eggs podcast. So this lineup stack Baby, turn Up.
Speaker 2: You're also gonna want.
Speaker 1: To check out the panels that we have lined up too, Feature and Cab on Stage, Pika Sumter, and John Hope Bryant, just to name a few. Of course, it's way bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, but the food truck Court to keep you fed while you visit us. Okay, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your ticket down at Black Effect dot Com Slash podcast yesterday.
Speaker 3: What up, y'all, this is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 2: You should know, good know, you should nobody.
Speaker 4: Know, and y'all you already know what it is yours truly M Greasey Myths Bleink back with another exclusive of Rock Solid and today I got a special special group here. You know, Nori, my bro, Pone, my man, but them together. Nah, I'm a fan. Let's welcome component Noriega to the motherfucking building. What up, my gez yo man, listen before we jump into this ship.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: So this is an honor to have y'all two together saying here because.
Speaker 3: This nigga, you know what he needs.
Speaker 2: He be acting like he's.
Speaker 4: Solo, so I know how it is. I've been trying to tell him we a part group, so.
Speaker 3: He be trying to leave me.
Speaker 4: So I know how I feel when y'all was doing this rap ship.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna let you tell me, Ladys. You know what I'm saying, because that's the part grout my man be leaving me. You know what I'm saying. He taking a play without you, then.
Speaker 3: Be out he be running the marathons. You know what I'm saying, y'all. But Yo, I want to go back to the beginning.
Speaker 4: My g because it's Queensbridge, it's left rack. I want to know how did that even? How did y'all even link up to even form the group?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, I mean you know what what.
Speaker 5: Did we have is people to come that please get you get partsing on life.
Speaker 6: So one thing about my bro is that I hired him by a couple.
Speaker 7: Of years is so that actually my favorite because when I graduated from junior high school, he wound up going to that junior high school and my next door neighbor was the same age as him.
Speaker 6: It became his best friend my next But now I'm already a high.
Speaker 8: School Yeah, like, yo, I want you to be my man, but I wind up going to jail, and eventually he wound up going to jail.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Damn that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I man sparfed. That's ill, man, that's that's yeah. I mean that's ill people.
Speaker 6: A lot of people made it work for us.
Speaker 4: Like, but Queen's Bridge is on one side of Queens, left Rag is in the middle. I feel like left rack separates the two sides of Queens because you got south side of Queens and then it's the Queensbridge side and left fright, it's that in the middle.
Speaker 3: So what was that like for?
Speaker 2: You can't you can't you can't just say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah did in the middle because it's the be ueen eaven my crib and you jump right.
Speaker 2: There just you just skipped up a whole wasn't nable?
Speaker 3: Like what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Everybody from pleased with me, Like you just let him say that, Like it's just like.
Speaker 3: You just bring the Queen's rooms.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, I know how in it that works.
Speaker 9: I was Queens niggas will be like, yeah, wait a minute, you just let him skip over with elm Hurst and let him skip.
Speaker 2: Up with Coronill let him skip over, you know. Uh Jamaica Jackson heights flashing like some men.
Speaker 3: Said Jamaica is part of South Side.
Speaker 4: To me, I always can I always considered Jamaica, I mean Jamaica. Queen's part of the South Side Queens to me, I'm gonna keep it on.
Speaker 7: I've never been to elm Hurst.
Speaker 4: Say yeah, I've never been to strove through.
Speaker 3: I want to pull up.
Speaker 10: I'm talking about we all hadn't got it's messed up. This was messed up.
Speaker 2: To get to the water, you probably drove through every fucking.
Speaker 9: Neighborhood, but it's by the Kennedy You've definitely he drove through every neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Y'all just looked at it. One side is just one side.
Speaker 3: That's how Brooklyn. You know, Brooklyn is like Harlem. I ain't gonna lie all that, bro said Hallom, I don't separated ship.
Speaker 9: All you go to a different hoood that were like, welcome to Williamsburg, like it will actually announced.
Speaker 4: It, like it ain't gonna welcome the bed, start welcome the crowd. It will be so welcome, the flat Bush welcome, and so welcome to Coney Allen.
Speaker 6: We got welcome to Queens.
Speaker 3: That's nothing, That's what I'm saying. But that like all right, so look.
Speaker 2: You know what from the Green Ride. Oh this green Rock as far as Boulevard.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's Jamaica, Queen.
Speaker 9: We said the Green rockets the Red Way rad brings a head. It's the marks gonna be red, black and green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the rock. I had a chick over there, Joe. I used to have to go over that.
Speaker 4: Howe I knew where I was at because that should be like, oh, ship people here.
Speaker 3: That was me and spine. Ain't me by the rock?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: Thats like so?
Speaker 4: But like I was saying, my question growing up in Left Frag, how was that my g Because Queensbridge produced a ton of legends coming from Left Frag.
Speaker 3: You was the first, not believe the only who else? Come on, I'm trying rappers? Man, can you play bo can Nelly from Left Rack? Man, I ain't know that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 4: I ain't known was I know I can Nelly from Booby Track?
Speaker 2: I know I.
Speaker 9: Can even come from.
Speaker 3: Booby Track left right?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah, man, I solid like okay, alright, cool, No, but it's a lot of niggas who feel like that. Yeah I don't ship me.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah me too. You know I played in the Kenny.
Speaker 9: Sol sister is supposed to be from left rack. Then listen, he's never claimed us. The word is, who's your wrappers?
Speaker 2: From left? Brown? From left? I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: I think he lived in left right and I'm not sure if he was from there.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know. Yeah, Jay had a SoftWhere harvest grown. Yeah, Kenny Anderson, wasn't.
Speaker 4: I played in the Kenny Anderson tournament? Yes, I did count down broby me my cousin.
Speaker 11: You know my comins your mouth skimmer, who grandpa, I'm I'm just tudding you.
Speaker 3: My nigga, man, my cousin.
Speaker 4: Now you we used to wall out there, don't mimmy.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I wasn't ship. I ain't gonna be like you. I went there, k they had to league and got busy. I got cut. Now since what come on, you gotta be in there. They know about the county and there's a tournament. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first hood that taught me about Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up the countries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the buildings.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know it's crazy that you said that when I'm like, we we had we used to have even a tour called the World Domination of World Tour.
Speaker 2: We didn't know. It was like, you know, our first album, the Warricort, we was naming all these places that we've never been to.
Speaker 9: Likencoln, come on, niggas, you know you never what are you talking about? Like and all this, yeah, like and like we would get calls from these places, like I remember we was, we was, we were entertaining and going to desert store.
Speaker 2: But this this wasn't what.
Speaker 9: Uh, this wasn't what the US because I later on went with the with the US.
Speaker 2: And performed and you know, and did something for him. I take you later.
Speaker 9: But I remember them sending a letter the penalty back, but I'm not sure if you were locked up, And it was like, yo, if they go, I believe he was home.
Speaker 2: If they go and.
Speaker 9: They get kidnapped, they on they own this. Yeah No, this was I forget what it was.
Speaker 2: And like.
Speaker 9: Like we negotiated a deal and whenever they must have had our phone stap or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, straight up. It was like Yo, if.
Speaker 9: Y'all go over there, something happened, don't holler at us like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 9: Mixing like a labor Nazis because because Wang Wuchang had came out.
Speaker 2: Look, you gotta realize it was two different things.
Speaker 9: Wuchang had came out, you know, they were they were talking comfortable five percent ship and you know what I mean. So we were like, all right, cool, we fop and said too, but let's just think of something else.
Speaker 2: We're like, all right, cool, let's do Middle East. So we were just trying to be like different.
Speaker 9: So then we started learning about it and we were like, oh, this is foul, like not not not the the coach I'm talking about, like the water man.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: You know, like right now, look at what's going on right now? It really our album makes more sense now, Bro.
Speaker 4: I learned about the Middle East from the War Report, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I didn't all about Iraq.
Speaker 4: All these places until listening to the War Report. Man shout out, my man, shoot black, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Locked up.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're gonna ever hear this, but he put me on to component or Riega.
Speaker 3: He had the War Report. We in the park doing what we.
Speaker 4: Do, and that nigga played that album and that ship never stopped playing to this day.
Speaker 3: Like That was my next question, Like, I.
Speaker 4: Just wanted to know when y'all was recording The War Report, did you thinking, y'all y'all was making such a historical classic, a cult phenomenon that it turned.
Speaker 3: Out the being Did you even think that was possible?
Speaker 6: I mean, for I'm gonna speak, I'm standing up solely to knee. I know because I was around.
Speaker 7: Music a little before that, So I seen what due diligence was. I seen how nw it's just waking. I say, how mall beautifuls being? And I've seen and when we've got ideas?
Speaker 3: Who was a boot that like you know what?
Speaker 6: I'm so likelam got like you.
Speaker 3: Know, like the pig buck.
Speaker 7: One thing I learned is that why was we Why would we record an album?
Speaker 2: He was big an issue because we made l.
Speaker 7: A l A That gave us the kick that put us above a lot of people.
Speaker 4: You think, so I think too, that was the kid that was the kid that was the kick that was.
Speaker 6: You know, it gave us that head.
Speaker 2: So that was it, like we was making history.
Speaker 6: We made him Mark.
Speaker 7: I felt like we made him because I think two podcasts about the niggas fuck y'all to that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say my name, like tell about the niggas.
Speaker 3: You never want to be the other niggas. At that point, we had to stay.
Speaker 6: But he had a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to hear you say that l A l A was the record you felt that took y'all into me.
Speaker 3: T O and wow. Yeah, after that we.
Speaker 7: Got t O Y record because of it, Like Big fell in love with us because he just didn't want to smoke behind.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Y'all was the only niggas who jumped, who stood up for New York.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Y'all held it down because Snoop did come through and crush your building or two as sat on the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 2: He violated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he violated was the city baby building? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He had he had dies in corrupt forty dudes. It was on some ship. Y'all niggas held it down. Yeah, that's family.
Speaker 3: D d G. Slow Brothers, that's family.
Speaker 4: I love them niggas, man, that's so crazy. How you know, it's just crazy how.
Speaker 3: We was young back then. They didn't know, man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Them being from where they.
Speaker 4: From, we're from where out exactly and the look they turned out to be our brothers.
Speaker 3: Insane man, that's dope, man, that's.
Speaker 2: Got an album. That's life boy. You know that's that's what it was.
Speaker 6: We felt. That's what I felt like we made the mark.
Speaker 7: You know when people start like, who do guys going back at LA because it was nobody.
Speaker 4: That nobody like you kind of briefly answered this, but as a group, are's many groups out of New York as legendary. You got dads effects, you know what I mean. You got Swept and West, and you got mab Deep of course, like and then this component no riego like a p of d E pm D.
Speaker 3: I can't forget a pm D. Come on man.
Speaker 4: They set it off like you know what I mean, they set it off like help the scale. There was dope, like it was a lot of duns to be nice. Yeah, but I'm talking about two can't you can't low? It was dope too. It was the one Yeah, I can't low.
Speaker 3: It was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was too though.
Speaker 3: Nah Luccini fo style Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The fool Snickers only two shot food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fool Snickers yeah only didn't the wool came out and changed the game with thirty seven members.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the wool.
Speaker 4: At first it was two members, Yeah, brand newbi it was like four because it was actually you got tribe called quests.
Speaker 2: Is definitely more than two, just what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then they were placed members for like a few albums in.
Speaker 2: Two man groups.
Speaker 3: Think I'm just damy groups. But then you win. You just went crazy with all the groups. At first, I was just named the two men group.
Speaker 2: That wasn't two man group? What is that name?
Speaker 4: It was a two man group? Fucking who did you say? That wasn't a two man group? Health the Skelter was two men. The Skelter was too man. Sean Price Recipe, Sean Price the Skelter, Sean Price.
Speaker 2: And Rocks.
Speaker 3: Y'all listen, No, that was that was they? There was fab five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and listen, I was Sean Price is my family.
Speaker 3: That was my cousin.
Speaker 4: That nigga told me to my face yours only, I'm the nicest Sean you ever got meet.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't care what home you tell you. I'm better than him.
Speaker 2: I'm the nicest Sean.
Speaker 4: Like, So what I was saying is like as a duo, Like what do you think out of these groups, we just named a ton of them, which'all think y'all bought the game different than everybody else.
Speaker 7: I think we just bought the fact that everybody that we named is from like the same hood.
Speaker 6: It was from the same area.
Speaker 7: It was from when we're from two different places in the same borough, and brought each distinctness to the game.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like, you know, we put Army for T's in this proper place.
Speaker 2: You sure you put it? You put Yeah, I definitely did.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. We found We found that niche.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we put only for Ts as I might have been there the show Black Ram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we brought it.
Speaker 2: Again. Some people brought this to together. Some people broke that too the game. But we bought army fatigue to the game. I see young Dolph rest of the piece. He was like, yo, this is the reason why I moved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he had all of these rest in piece, young girl, of all of these army fatigue.
Speaker 2: He told me that. Drake told me something like that, look.
Speaker 3: At your legends, Dolph Drake.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean a life those interviews I had on the Dream Chance because I looked at him in his face and I was like, yo, you know, most most rappers die in their own city.
Speaker 2: And he looked at me back in my face and was like, yo, not me, you know what I mean? Like he was like not me, and I.
Speaker 9: Was just like I wish I would elaborated on him, but you know, you know, it was like I was sipping and he was, you know, simping what he said, and I.
Speaker 2: Felt like, you know, like sometimes the.
Speaker 9: OG's looked down on him, Like I didn't want to feel like that, that old dude is looking.
Speaker 2: Down and he started thinking I'm judging him. So I didn't know how to do that.
Speaker 9: But boy, after that run, I found out that he passed away.
Speaker 2: I really wish. I was like, I really wish.
Speaker 9: I was willing to be embarrassed, like just in case he would be like yo, g backup or something like that. So I wanted him to know, like, yo, bro, I know, you know, changed him. You know, like people that this happened to, and they were good people. So was I like every you know, person that's all foul people don't die.
Speaker 2: It's like, no it's a lot of good.
Speaker 9: People that, you know, yeah for not for not just paying attention to the environment. Like I always say, read the room.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You gotta know.
Speaker 4: No, but definitely man like after the success of War Report, how the things changed, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: From there.
Speaker 2: I gotta say this.
Speaker 9: It wasn't no success at War Report at first he was in jail.
Speaker 4: That's a fact your poll man.
Speaker 2: Heard out for me.
Speaker 6: I might have had a bigger.
Speaker 12: Listen.
Speaker 9: Listen to me when that ship dropped. I was I was baking like a biscuit.
Speaker 2: Like. No one said that was a classic. They what does a classic mean?
Speaker 9: Back then everybody had a classic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like classic, Yeah was.
Speaker 2: So bros like, like niggas is.
Speaker 9: Looking at it like, oh a classics Like oh, like back then Baltias is the classic. No, the classic because of the class whip as fuck.
Speaker 4: But but y'all album is before whole y'all was out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I ain't wait.
Speaker 2: Thirty seventh.
Speaker 4: More Report came out ninety seven. Yeah, I saw it was the same year. I thought it was a couple of months before and then we dropt. It just probably was the wave y'all was on from the L A L A O and why first refer the.
Speaker 5: Show was well, oh, I mean Jruary the damage up the stage.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie. I got that.
Speaker 2: She forgot that one.
Speaker 4: I got a shout out Connelly many I know just what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You just know he was from left right. I know he's from Booty Tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm from Booty Track. I had a whole career.
Speaker 3: Is you know he was?
Speaker 9: He was one of the first people were in the school records.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like nearly the first nigga who's showing me women loved this ship. Oh yeah, yo, my nigga, we did the tunnel and put it in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Came on, mind you, I'm fifteen years old.
Speaker 4: This is the era of kissing in the hallway for your breath state.
Speaker 3: This is that era when.
Speaker 4: You ain't getting in the crab together and every woman in the club singing this put it in your mouth, break you, bro.
Speaker 3: My whole life changed that night.
Speaker 9: So I walked before for an hour and a half, basically four records, and nobody really realized that shit like he could just he could sit there, he can have as have a banana show. And I know that sounds crazy guy, women's and women's like, you're doing it like a banana. Then they'll have dances come out and then then he'd be like then they and he'll he'll set me wine.
Speaker 2: And he's sitting there so into the show, you're.
Speaker 9: Not realizing like he's he's like, this is a real showman, Like he's a real tainment, Like he's entertain he knows how to do that.
Speaker 2: Like like if I was to put together a show.
Speaker 3: I gotta get because we get to put that, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Get a knocked up here together.
Speaker 4: He could do it two records because I used to be with us in the crib and stay Strip State Street.
Speaker 3: Oh see, we had a whole We was the underground mall.
Speaker 4: We was underground like a motherfucker Trump full of records.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't know where you're dropping this, you know who? Raz Cast said, let me too. Well, David Bad got on our show and said that rash Cast is living with them. So we asked raz Cast he because I just living with hold of them, And he's like.
Speaker 2: What, rash Cast was down with it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know that rat like ras Cast like, yeah, no he not cat, No he knocked.
Speaker 2: Cat last Cast, It's no ways.
Speaker 4: Ras Cast was all the way in the crew. I used to hang with Rads every day. That nigga took me to some chick crib in the lower Bro, this's been had like fifteen cats.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, Bro, I gotta get out of here. I can't do it. Bro, we got got a kid out here or.
Speaker 4: Rads my dog, that's my g man out So surprised man.
Speaker 2: So after war.
Speaker 3: Report that unfortunately poll you go where you back? Locked up because.
Speaker 2: He come the end, he got locked up.
Speaker 9: Like Brian to Us actually even had then the album.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so he was locked up already.
Speaker 4: So wait, how long have you did? Because so the n O y E album came out.
Speaker 2: That's two different that's two d things yeah, two.
Speaker 3: From Ben's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a long time.
Speaker 13: I stand on that.
Speaker 5: If I didn't get my time back, people stand on the flat album.
Speaker 6: But because they took on my good time.
Speaker 7: Dela Bee was was best friends with the ex Commission of New York State. So I got my good time taking because the deputy of the jail.
Speaker 2: Daughter was righting me, so pimping in jail.
Speaker 6: Del Bee's got my good time. Little Bee he highlighted the ex depity.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 6: They didn't even do it, no paperworking out to say any sixty days. What anna say?
Speaker 9: Come on?
Speaker 6: They thought I wasn't come on for another year?
Speaker 3: Another year?
Speaker 2: How that felt?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Being in the group and then your partner locked up?
Speaker 4: You know you got the budget lame looking at you? Come on telling me I'm skipping Queen's I'm scared put album.
Speaker 2: The word report All right, ward Point drops, we get that four four four and a half pikes of wour pikes. You know what that ship mean?
Speaker 3: I just told the game means.
Speaker 2: The only gave me three and a half.
Speaker 3: You never get in four.
Speaker 2: Yo. If I told him we have something, yo, like me that.
Speaker 4: Four minute something world out, I'm dropped and I got three and a half.
Speaker 9: I ain't come outside for like a month and a half. Worded a three and a half, I can't getting four.
Speaker 2: So it was like it wasthing for me.
Speaker 9: But like I said, like the Wardport dropped, people will drop by and I went back and selling cracks.
Speaker 2: So I was just like, all right, I ain't know nothing else. That was the blocks, you know what I'm saying. I was on the block people dropping by.
Speaker 9: They're playing the war Report, and I'm like, all right, cool, and that was you know, I gotta give him his props again. He looked at me and he was like, Yo, you don't see this ship. And I was thinking it was just p from the hood. He's like, no, he's like a fucking.
Speaker 2: Monument right now. These people are driving by just to see you. And I felt like, then at.
Speaker 9: Your Liberty, oh ship, like you know, they're not getting out, They're just like drive by, like oh, you know what I mean. Like I didn't know how to book a show. I didn't know how to do nothing. And then somebody my family was like, man, somebody's doing shows.
Speaker 2: That's y'all know you know it was that. Yeah, it was no.
Speaker 3: I g nobody could be like yeah.
Speaker 2: Think about you and slave Man Love.
Speaker 4: Yeah we could have gotten that bag.
Speaker 2: I could have been.
Speaker 3: No, who could have.
Speaker 12: Been with anybody, like like like before you had a major TV year, like if you Bloom Bloom, if you had a bus like you could you could.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there was there was mint bleaks. There was mint bleaks.
Speaker 3: Out there right now.
Speaker 2: You can't personate the person, well, you're impersonated person.
Speaker 3: They had a drinking personation.
Speaker 2: You can't impersonate that performance. You can't do that you personated person Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well and then then that's when I was like, all right, cool, let me think of the business.
Speaker 2: And that's when I didn't know what to do. Like I didn't know what to do. So that's when you know what I mean. I got the call. Was it?
Speaker 9: I believe it his nos and he was like, Yo, I'll fly dout of Miami on such and such, go hit you the info and whatever.
Speaker 2: They it was black.
Speaker 3: Call be waiting for.
Speaker 2: Like I am.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the next thing to do.
Speaker 9: Then like that call, like whatever Instagram was back then, Like he's like I saw the.
Speaker 2: Like I just telld you that ship was.
Speaker 3: It was black and Fall, the big black fall.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the ship that YouTube like this and the paces was slowed.
Speaker 13: Around Paul Roy when the polaroid shaped to shake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like I was supposed to be there, and I'm like all right cool. And then and then.
Speaker 9: Then I never got the call and I knew they was out there and I just didn't say nothing.
Speaker 2: And then uh, Jhan call me. It's like, yo, can you get to LA on Wednesday?
Speaker 9: And I'm like, yeah, I'm of course we can slime hurrying.
Speaker 2: I know how to do it.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm like, yo, listen, listen, this is Western Union days.
Speaker 2: So I got my little workers. I'm like, yo, watching the union, but right.
Speaker 9: Now I got five hundred, and these are days you're gonna walk.
Speaker 3: At the airport and buy a flight. I had to have to fly.
Speaker 2: I had to have that far I'm talking about. This is this is me going to l A. Like, there's your budget. Yeah, this is my budget right now.
Speaker 9: I didn't get there on Wednesday or Tuesday, whatever it was, because you know, however, this we.
Speaker 2: Get them chief flights.
Speaker 9: If you go on Monday, the Friday is cheaper for some reason because they gonna get you.
Speaker 2: But staying longer anyway, beause they will get you the hotel. The hotels in cahoots, right. I know that then, So I'm like this, fuck it. So home. They go upstairs and they go on to the studio. Got no call.
Speaker 9: I'm just sitting there by class like yo, I'm little cute week things. I'm like, yo, they going to the studio. My studio is not so you know, back Wednesday or whatever. But check then like, yo, y'all don't know. I don't want no hinting.
Speaker 2: It was like I know these things. They can't say no, they keep staring. They both was like, all right, cool, I'm coping them half ache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what you like. We said, I got five mag I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 9: He so some brash at that time, may even like fourteen dollars a shot.
Speaker 2: You almost to have a bottle, you a bottle eating ja as I mean. So I'm sitting there with me.
Speaker 9: In La, I'm sitting there, I'm like, yo, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I remember Jungle was like I'm bumping through.
Speaker 14: The privilege al coul that fourteen with your third and I'm captaining all together.
Speaker 9: And then it was just the right move and they was like, yo, you want to come up the studio right now. I was like, yo, you know I supposed to go Wednesday. He's like that, but just come with us, just come hang with us, Like, who's the.
Speaker 2: Word I needed? You ever see the mix?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 2: So I was like cool, And I make a long story short.
Speaker 9: You know Nature, I don't know if you ever worked with nature, but Nature one of the greatest artists of all time, but Nature takes his time at the pen.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if Dray was frustrated or.
Speaker 9: He was just like, you know, he turned and he looked at me and he was like, aren't you nicka.
Speaker 2: Wagua for.
Speaker 4: You know that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 9: And he said, you got something And that's why I started that ship off.
Speaker 2: No, we know this never caught.
Speaker 4: Like crack No know that something.
Speaker 2: Make your favorite on gang signs sign Why do you think I said that? Because dreams right there fucking doing signs we But look, I'm just like, yo, my dude.
Speaker 9: I just That's why I always love Nature because he could have hated like this is my session.
Speaker 2: Like listen once listen, I'm a dolo. Did I mentioned I'm do by myself.
Speaker 3: There's no budget, of course not there's no.
Speaker 9: Mudget, but nothing else but going there and smash. And I kid you not, That's why anybody out there like that one opportunity and I did that, and I knew that record was hell. I did the whole record, like the whole record, and they just never got to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: I tol you know, I need to be on that rother Nature.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but then that record drop and then we did we did blood money. It wasn't blood money at the time, no part too to mezs in nature not not the original blood money.
Speaker 2: So we did that and.
Speaker 9: He let me come home with those records and but then pun came up. I did that and that's the that was the that's now that you go to n R E. But I'll tell the truth of the one that was ill was I'm leaving because I was like a war report was right here, but it needed something to remind them, like what that meant to people? And when I'm leaving came then the war report says is going boom and it's like okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, y'all can you hold it down by yourself?
Speaker 4: That's right about to ask you, man, how you felt? You know what I mean, because I.
Speaker 3: Know you couldn't see the success back then.
Speaker 4: It wasn't no social media. It was no unless you had TVs. It wasn't watching videos. But you would get the calls call home and hear about all this, like how was that to you? Being locked up?
Speaker 2: Like damn one thing I can say.
Speaker 7: They tried to include it and everything that's artwork on a on a black and white book.
Speaker 2: That man the composition sent.
Speaker 7: It on the on the trunk of the book, and we want you to see his allward. I was a part of everything. So that's what the label did.
Speaker 2: Make me feel like.
Speaker 6: I still got my books now with his artwork, my want watch it.
Speaker 2: I had to prove that legend is that all art work.
Speaker 10: I had the truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the only way why I was able to pull me they had to stick it on the front of a composition.
Speaker 7: And that's how I proved artwork. So they made they gave me every opportunity to feel involved. That's what ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: And I was able to call a label free will only collected like times a day.
Speaker 3: Of course they had that bad.
Speaker 2: They accepted the accepted.
Speaker 3: They don't care. They accept them. That's right, you know.
Speaker 6: For me, it was like okay, but they't give me the money.
Speaker 2: You feel me. They did all that to me. They ain't putting.
Speaker 3: They ain't put your advantage on the ball.
Speaker 6: Because there was no money at the money ain't coming to it.
Speaker 15: Like when I'm getting up to the money ain't come until I'm leaving.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm trying to say like, yeah, I know that it's coming on rage.
Speaker 3: I went back to the block.
Speaker 2: I went back, Yeah, I know changed everything.
Speaker 7: The n O y E album, right, it changed my life, you know what, because I got.
Speaker 15: Locked up on the world Wort album and when the Worried Port album came out, they still didn't believe it was me because they didn't see that about video.
Speaker 2: That's right, didn't see me.
Speaker 9: They still like that you that's the way oh ye can because.
Speaker 2: This is all I got.
Speaker 3: That's right, white crack.
Speaker 5: The seals telling me that ain't you still chicking me in my ass?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: An m t V came into jail seeing and at that point it was only me and Tupac who had to MTV interviews, the only other person who.
Speaker 6: Had an MTV interview at the time, and we looked the same. We both had the same blassar body that jail greens with.
Speaker 2: Look, there's only two people.
Speaker 3: That's dope my jeans. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Changed my life.
Speaker 2: And then fucking n O r E.
Speaker 3: Right before we get into that holt.
Speaker 2: Remember, I'm gonna remember, we stayed. We stayed like I got everything executive.
Speaker 9: In the world to trying to like to come fuck with with me at that time, and we stayed with the worry Port originally stayed to drop that the same independent label Penalty records.
Speaker 3: So j doing deal that penalty, I believe he did.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I know, I think in my lifetime dropped that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Si, Yeah, that's why we did that first showing Jah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did our.
Speaker 4: First showing Yeah in my lifetime saying it was dropped on that.
Speaker 7: Sun and that was you know, they used to showcase shows them.
Speaker 6: There were showcases.
Speaker 4: There was actually show shout out Maria Davis man Rian Davis shoost to let me yo listen today. Back then I used to be like yo, she looked out, but today she was fat, she was fair.
Speaker 2: She made Jane pay a band.
Speaker 3: To give me an clucause. Remember I was under the edge.
Speaker 4: So every time I had to go perform, Jay used to have to pay a thousand dollars to get me in and then give me a thousand to throw. And mind you, I'm fucked up. So he giving me the thousand the throw. I used to be looking at it like what he mean throw this one?
Speaker 2: Show?
Speaker 4: My men caught it because he gave me the row.
Speaker 3: Not in a rubber bed.
Speaker 4: So I looked at him like, oh my man, in the crowd.
Speaker 2: He caught it.
Speaker 4: We went. I told Jay that he's gonna do that. We bust that up though with the tall beads. He told me throw it.
Speaker 3: We threw it, baby, yo. But then my g like, out of.
Speaker 4: All that, y'all name in legendary ship that took place? Like you're getting calls from naves. You're flying to La with Nature with fucking Doctor Dre jumping on the what album was that?
Speaker 3: The firm in the classic in itself?
Speaker 2: Will Fox? You grew up Fox? He's coming outside.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Who blew up? Chim Chill.
Speaker 4: We ain't gonna do that. We ain't gonna do that. This that this ship you shl I need I needed one. We're gonna talk that ship.
Speaker 2: Chill.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to keep that a seat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no posting man, I'm chill. Listen.
Speaker 9: This is this is all like you when I'm here a secret.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I shut the funk.
Speaker 3: You know you don't listen.
Speaker 2: You don't know. You got me a beef with sauce. No, No, that's not a secret. Hold on, we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Grocery.
Speaker 9: Tell me yo, yo, listen. Oh yeah, I know I'm saying I talking about the secret. So I'm jogging the other day it's a random.
Speaker 2: Comes up to me. It was like he's like, hey, Nor. I was like, hey, what's up? Man? He goes, hey, did you hear? And I'm like, what Foxy is coming out? Man?
Speaker 9: And I'm like and I'm looking like what the I'm like, yo, is this a spot? I was like, I didn't hear that at all. And I'm stinking back it. I'm like, who the hell blew that up? This is out there? They would out it's out there, man, damn.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 2: I hope the plants stayed the same, because you.
Speaker 3: Know, the big homie.
Speaker 4: You don't want to get that nignna pull that red card the detour.
Speaker 2: Everybody will. For the record, everybody want to see Foxy Brown.
Speaker 3: Everybody want to That's a fact that it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Foxy and squashing with Kim like, I don't know, I don't like somebody.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's how I heard it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then Kim put out cat, Yeah she heard a big cat too, rest in peace, big cat. But she put a big cat, big cat.
Speaker 3: Listen, let's get back.
Speaker 4: Know what I was saying, legend every ship because here come into y e R.
Speaker 3: But you fucking found for rat, I ain't fine enough.
Speaker 2: He foul no, I mean like he was. He was lost. I'm talking to drop.
Speaker 3: He something jelly. He's out done, you out.
Speaker 2: Dumb, you know what to take you too? And like he I think he told me no he hates it, but he's like he so yo.
Speaker 9: I was really that cocky back then, and he's cocky but.
Speaker 2: He got no no, no, no no. But he was young. So when I first met.
Speaker 9: Him, he was like, man, anybody who listens to me is gonna get their number one. And I was just looking at him, like and I got the number one recordar high ninety seven. Now for me, I'm also cocky, right because you got the number one record ninety.
Speaker 3: Seven ship, that's right front back then, that's.
Speaker 9: Right back then got the number. But remember there's no problem on five. So basically I should have said that I had the number one record. He said, I said, said I had a number one record in New York, right, So.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, whoever listens to me, is gonna go number one? And and then I was like, all right.
Speaker 9: Cool, And I remember he's like he played one beat man that was dope, playing the other beat was dope. He was like this third beat, don't listen to it till you get to Miami. And I remember my homie like me, listened.
Speaker 4: To this.
Speaker 3: Playing this ship right now some.
Speaker 2: Reason its walking days. I was like nah, And I went to the.
Speaker 9: Front and I kept listening to the to the.
Speaker 2: First beat of the second beat, and I went to the Kent.
Speaker 9: Hotel and I remember, I remember the Kent.
Speaker 3: He's still there. There's niggas had the team besides of a black man. So listen, I tell you.
Speaker 9: So I'm sitting there and the girls are talking to me. I'm sitting there trying to my room, not ready. So I'm sitting there writing the mind the other two beats that he talked and the girl was talking to me like the first time, like she said to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh you think, oh, you think I'm one of those paying niggas. Oh. I was like oh no, no, no, no, no no. And I went upstairs and I took it, took off on walkman. The place had a CD player, you know, like like the clock radios.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So I took the CD player out of my walkman, and I was like finally, like and that's just said, didn't then then then? And I just said, man, well normal, And I.
Speaker 9: Was like, guys, I'm inside for the whole you guys going outstairs and you're like fucking man, you know I'm paid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, right, but too man, you're gone that fun. I heard that ship. I still there.
Speaker 9: I wrote that ship that whole night. And I'll tell you what. I laid that whole ship. Superdup's one track.
Speaker 3: And it's one track.
Speaker 2: I laid that whole ship. You know, what what what where? That's how I counted balls? What what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: To? What? What? What? What? What? What? Crazy?
Speaker 9: And forell like gus he is, I laid the whole ship like that. So when I laid it and I put super the whats So I supposed went to get to pluck. You you remember pluck you get remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a chick back there. That was chick fil a. The word it out.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 9: So I got that and I came back and was like, yo, I was because I was like, Yo, we needed this hook could be done.
Speaker 2: And I had did that with a lot of other producers before.
Speaker 9: Like that, and he was like the only one that he erased BOT one and then let the what One thing and I was like, Yo, they're gonna laugh at me.
Speaker 2: He was like, and you're gonna laugh to the bank.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And I was like, right, yeah, he's right.
Speaker 3: So they ain't think that ship was gonna be no.
Speaker 9: Once he mixed it like this, this is the rough Dravet. I'm saying, I'm doing something that I did on all of us OLT albums because you know, like you know, like you know, I had him to help me.
Speaker 2: The pone had to lay eight. I knew I had to lay his eight. I cool.
Speaker 9: I just compared to my you know what I'm saying, like I had engineers, like like I was really on my own and to tell the truth, you know, I'll give trash dis respect like when I actually be like, oh, he's like you know, because I don't want you know, me and him is cool, But he almost laughed at me.
Speaker 2: He was like how yo like, and I was like yeah, he kind of like laughed at me, likes me in tragic is cool.
Speaker 9: But this is just my perspective and I'm not trying to disrespect your perspect me.
Speaker 2: But this is how like that. That's how that phone call was.
Speaker 9: I remember I was at a junction boulevard and I was choosing the pay phone.
Speaker 2: Niggan't even have a cell phone, you know what I mean. Yeah, I was like that.
Speaker 3: He was like, you want to leave me?
Speaker 2: And I was just like that that like Q would me too. That was like, oh, like niggas don't believe thing. It's only thing and it's like I remember he was like, yo, well what is what? Sorry he didn't call you palm. He was like, where's I am stand? And I was like, man, I had already speaking to you. I just didn't tell you he was gonna break break out. But I was speaking to you and speaking all the time. But I didn't say that.
Speaker 9: And then when I was like, yo, well this up to him and then he listened a lot of people will hawk the hell the person.
Speaker 2: He's like, all right, cool, I just wish to tell you the truth. And this is something I probably never said. I wish he would have helped me because I needed that I needed.
Speaker 9: I wish he would have helped it and just been like you do you though, because I needed that guidance, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. So when I did have that guydance, that's where Chris Lighty came in Boom and.
Speaker 3: Chris, you gotta legend that legendary story my gen.
Speaker 4: Like Chris Lighty, man is just when he came on and can't get me, I can That's what's up, man, Chris Lighty legendary story in itself. Man, the Lightly Brothers made legendary moves in this game. But like, yo, damn man, rest in piece heard got him because I remember super Doug Took was bombing in New York, Flex gone.
Speaker 2: Crazy like the comedians.
Speaker 4: No, they know this ship was Nick going off and I remember see he ain't here to say this fright for himself, but that nigga was like, man, what super dug about cocker span?
Speaker 3: You? He talked about you gotta cocka span? You what super dug about that? Come on, man, we better get to work.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 13: Job connected with with me, and in the very beginning he was crashing all the No way listen, I remember the the brand new far the Benz.
Speaker 2: When the when the Benz body like change right, this nigga sees me, keep saying, a nigga he sees me. He walks out of the dam. He goes way in front of me.
Speaker 9: Yo, I thought you told me the Benz ain't coming out another six months.
Speaker 2: He's like, He's like, I'm looking at someone right now, like he's hanging on me in my face, Like I'm looking.
Speaker 9: He's like, Yo, it's an artist that hasn't How does how's an artist happen?
Speaker 2: I'm looking like, you know what? Ahead man o my dogs up. The sh.
Speaker 3: Go back at her was like you know what, brother in.
Speaker 2: Fucking I was like, yo, were ahead?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you smell that love this right? I was like this be fa like I mean, yo wagon wild you think like I mean? And then it was crazy that we got cool. But at first, like, yeah, I did not like her. I don't think he likes me.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It was a respecting too.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, definitely is competition. New York was on that. Paul, you continue to drop music independently as well.
Speaker 2: Man, What was that like for you? Working? You know?
Speaker 3: For me, that was just work. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was to just keep working. Cor first so Iva to the two five. I just had my record from one of that album go viral.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You know she was big.
Speaker 3: You know that's right.
Speaker 6: So you continue to work.
Speaker 2: You can see the boys out for years.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Me doing solo rights, I never wanted to be a so so for me when it was time for your so the voice, he just came home.
Speaker 6: So I had had a situation on fifth.
Speaker 7: No, you know what I'm saying that she was trying to give me a situation with and big big at situations.
Speaker 4: Pay legendary ship man running around, running around, lighty.
Speaker 2: Our boys was active nis. Yeah, that boys was active.
Speaker 6: They don't give much stretch.
Speaker 3: She certain stay for legend two kidding me, man, legend.
Speaker 2: They talk about the PAYTI, but that's the wall put on Nish.
Speaker 3: It was time, yeah, legend Tom.
Speaker 2: I'm a young boy. Yeah, I was no face newman. I was young. I mean I ain't you go look at the food Jesus yea.
Speaker 6: But numerous countless people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sh legend.
Speaker 4: Kidding me man, Like y'all your careers include separation. You know what I mean solo success reunions. What kept the connection between y'all so strong Because a lot of groups break up, you know what I mean, y'all.
Speaker 2: Broke up, but never really broke up good. I mean every every brothers have fights, all brothers.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Brother, you're from the same brother, he from the same paper, you're from the different body.
Speaker 3: Know how to go, That's right.
Speaker 2: Every every every family have fus.
Speaker 7: But with us, what makes it stop. It's that his kids is my blood. But he has something to stick to. Some people don't have enough for the stick to. They just love touch and they let it go. I can't do that, That's right, because if I need a blood transfusion, his kids can literally give me blood.
Speaker 2: That's my blood family.
Speaker 6: So that makes us a little bit, a lot bit.
Speaker 2: His mother blood.
Speaker 3: Man, you better talk to that mother, that's right.
Speaker 6: Talk money for my aunt, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it just made us have to to stick along, and we genuinely love each other no matter how much we fight.
Speaker 6: We met each other when we were his kids, and we knew each other for.
Speaker 3: All our kids, all our ups and.
Speaker 6: Downs, all our deaths, and our families all out.
Speaker 2: We knew each other for that's real shit. That's real shit. Man. What we sold? Fuck what we did?
Speaker 6: You know, I seen all those kids born, he said, my kids born.
Speaker 3: That's right, man, one that's dope.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of groups separate, man labels groups all that, man, But a lot of New York groups, I respect y'all old stuff together, man, Like for the most part, you know what I mean, Like Smith and Wesson, Mob Deep, Rest of Peace, Prodigy, they were still driving projects together. You know what I'm saying, Like you know what I mean, how to scout the Rest of Peace shows?
Speaker 9: Right, crazy because a lot of people think like like a two man group is like easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just as hard as Wu Tang. Yeah, because when Niggas was azy, but he had his own manage.
Speaker 9: I got our own he got his own management team, you know what I mean, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it's took too like Chris Lighty, but then you know, he can't go do what he wants. I can go do what I want, and then there's people speaking for us, so it'll be the same ship. Like you know, we went on tour with Ray Kwan and I was sitting there just watching. I was like, oh, Ship Like I was like, I was like, oh shit, I thought we could go through Ship Like yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Business, you know, you're in the business growing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, grow understand that. So I'm gonna keep it real. A lot of people don't even go with one offense. He was fortunate rigs that wos.
Speaker 3: So you don't all the fucking right. Yeah, now you're good.
Speaker 2: Certain artists right now that still ain't get no money.
Speaker 3: Still yeah, they didn't even Yeah that's a fact.
Speaker 4: Like that's what That's what I was gonna ask you too, man Like Lighting being such a legendary manager, you know, putting a lot of people in position.
Speaker 3: What's some of the gems you would say you would you would share with someone that you like, you something you learned from.
Speaker 2: Chris and just say no to a lot.
Speaker 3: And you know, we yelled, you yelled on the hood like uh huh.
Speaker 9: When I got he was like, y, I'm gonna get you a certain amount, right, And you know Chris Lighty, you know, go on tour type of dude.
Speaker 2: They've gonna tour with me. And then they gave me Mike Lighting.
Speaker 9: And then you know, we we like faus like we trained that, I mean tracked by train, like you showed on the ropes for one of the illest things.
Speaker 2: Getting back to your question, it's like.
Speaker 9: You know, I learned all money ain't good money through him, you know what I'm saying, Like you'll get off with Dale And I'm like, yo, I'm in I'm in Delaware already.
Speaker 2: I'm not go over to.
Speaker 9: Maryland and get this other bag. And like I don't know where that bag is coming from, you know what I mean? Like they want to sit in the first half in cash it's right and learns with me, You're not in.
Speaker 2: The streets no more.
Speaker 9: And I'm like, man, I had to understand that, you know what I'm saying, like all money ain't good money?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, Like Howard do gon thiss your man? And then you take up you know what I'm saying, take money?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, how are you gonna you know what I mean? You know what I'm saying, So like like you know you're young, that's hard to like you.
Speaker 9: You're essentially saying turn down money. But then you're like, yo, you know what, I didn't turned down money. I just picked up my integrity, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. So like now I know that ship. You know back then it was like this, I'm thinking it's butter are you like? And that's the crazy ship was. He was somehow like if he if he turned down something like me and Poe or something like that, like uh, he would uh placed.
Speaker 9: It was something like I remember like he turned down something but then he replaced us with Johnny Blaze or so like like he turned down this is cloth and was like, yo, they just they just whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: Was echo No, it wasn't echoed. No, it was it was like some some some some other ship. And he was like, all right, cool, but I got this. So it wasn't like well sometimes it was sometimes it.
Speaker 9: Was like you dad, it's not getting no jelly beans like the first first first dude with jelly beans like cana.
Speaker 2: Oh. He's like you don't see it. He's like no.
Speaker 16: He was like, you know, like so he made sure you got your money. Man, Like when when I came home, he said, don't worry about nothing. What you wanted, I said, I want a Cherry Red band. I'm cherry red lex. I said, I want ten thousand cash.
Speaker 2: To listen to all that ship and then it was Chris Lighty and then who executed it.
Speaker 6: I couldn't even grat the band.
Speaker 2: I'm the the lections. I have to give it back and settle. You just take the money they gave it to you, to take the money.
Speaker 7: But he also made everything they gave me when I came home and write off like Christmas.
Speaker 6: So I respected him because he didn't have to have faith in me. I wasn't around him. Well, he didn't have nothing to go off of.
Speaker 9: But him violated was like the illness man. Like God blessed me because you know rock Nation. But let me just tell you something. The first rock Nation was violated. Violet, God bless listen, God bless listen. There's no shines you know me, you know, but what rock Nation is doing, like how they they taking care of the artists, like God blessed me. Like when you see Mona Scott be so successful and you see like Yandy and like you know Claudine Joseph home that's awful.
Speaker 2: Bother like that's crazy, like amazing. Rock felt like like you know what I'm saying, so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it comes from you, it comes from something else. And now when you see the BP Nation, I'm like, they like took it, like.
Speaker 2: You know, God bless you know, Chris is not being here.
Speaker 9: There was a wide open spot because and then like you know, just think about it, man, a person, people are that magnetude. Like I'm Joe told me a story one time where it's like he called or he was closing the deal and Dad's got on the phone.
Speaker 2: I was like, boom, boom boom.
Speaker 9: You know, now I'm closing it for this just from her getting on the phone. And it was like, like that's like powerful, you know what I'm saying, That's like a powerful thing. Like they're scared of Dupid. I mean, they're scared of them. They're scared to do bad business with them because of them.
Speaker 2: And that's dope. That's a different type of that's a different type of power.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get some of that power, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's right, Joe.
Speaker 3: Then you like the music is one thing you learned to pivot, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of us from New York, we got older, you know what I'm saying, Then we couldn't do the same things we was doing when we were younger.
Speaker 3: You pivot into the podcast space drink first. Yeah, but we you want to get into reggae doon. Yeah, it was it was a rock you just skip it. I ain't know how much sound we got. I know this is CNN, It's not Norri. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Good, Yeah, the podcast is gonna skip to the box.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no, let's go to reggae throne.
Speaker 4: Now, let's get the Ma May and Donald Mar all of them reggae thro let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: So listen, how did that come? Because the way wait, let me ask the question in my way fun the journalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you was black, you know, all of a sudden, I'm south side of the moone.
Speaker 2: Wow, the very.
Speaker 9: First time you ever heard me close? Luise gotcha? Like, who the fuck do you think that that is? Like, I'm straight up, total, straight up for the whole time. I told him I was from proud to be voted. Like, they just didn't listen. You know what I'm saying. They ain't listen.
Speaker 10: So when it came my time, I went to Puerto Rico, I had it was it.
Speaker 9: Was down Ye, they got the wrong show that Yankee wasn't at this time. So I remember Stay got the wrong show and he turned it down. I went out there and I was like, I performed. I heard that ship and I was just like, oh ship and I went and I tell you this, like the ponent Oriega doing like not Norway myself, but like performance.
Speaker 2: The Poonan o'reega records, like people get staged like like so I'm used to that.
Speaker 9: At one point, I was like, Yo, my nigga is I don't think I'm killed him, Like I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's good. Like nobody like in the bathroom like no, like maybe we didn't.
Speaker 9: See it, like like I used to feel like that, like someone had to get stabbed, like like if bang bang come on and nobody don't get hit, like.
Speaker 3: I mean, nobody don't get.
Speaker 9: I swear to God, I swear to God cannot deny this. My very first time Pharrell gave me a compliment.
Speaker 10: He was like, Yo, throwing chairs the super dog like that was his, that that was his.
Speaker 3: That was his level level of.
Speaker 9: Success too, if they wilding' and so this is this is that ship at that time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So for me to go from that, and I was like, yo, I looked.
Speaker 2: And my cousins in Puerto Rican, I was like, nobody's gonna fight, and they were like what looking at me?
Speaker 9: Like man if I picked up mand, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like like and so.
Speaker 9: And then I came to and I tried to like tell people about it. No one cared to look at look at the halftime show.
Speaker 2: In the halftime show, yeah, man like that. He literally took my idea of having all the flags.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, man, bunny took your style.
Speaker 9: No, just saying that nigga flags, yeah, you know older flags that said I had older flags.
Speaker 2: He did that same thing, and I'm saying that's dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah he wrapped, he held it down. But you New York queens. I respect all the main gate thront, but you flipped it.
Speaker 2: They say.
Speaker 4: You know, usually niggas gig you know a bangle with cream cheese, like the cream cheese with bango water.
Speaker 3: How you got the dream cheese with bangle waned?
Speaker 8: It was like the.
Speaker 2: Gun Yo.
Speaker 9: We ressed that regular up like right list. We had a reggae call. It was called Reggae Throw.
Speaker 2: Reggae. That was the hook.
Speaker 9: No no, no, no, no, no, this is a whole nother record. Hold on the record so the people come to coct the record. I got like an hour and I'm listening to that's that's that was the hook, don't my regga.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, that's not it. I went and in the Sky was already on. No. I believe this guy was already in the way, and I just said, looked at them and said, listen to me. I want to take big Puns chorus and expanded. Remember big Pony said body crop, that's it. That's limited.
Speaker 10: And by the way, he's not he Depending on who you asked, he might or might not be talking.
Speaker 9: About black girls because they called Latina's money.
Speaker 2: As you know what I'm saying, So like so like I'm I'm in the culture. That's right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So I had to know and I say, you know what, you know what, let me take my brothers, you know, from from Heaven's idea and expanded more because this is what he really tried to mean, you know what I mean, This is what he really would have meant, because you know, although he's proud to be body, if people have got to travel that whole world, like how he's supposed to like you know what I'm saying that they couldn't. There wasn't no private man. I said that he had a double joint.
Speaker 3: I respect Punt.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 4: I seen the lie. That was my first time ever seeing that he was going to can Kune. He was on the planet all.
Speaker 2: The scenes all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all three scenes and they strapped from one side to the other and I walked by that was.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I think they had especially buckle for it, Like yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: And it's so sad that he was like, yo, I'm trying to get his shape losing wings.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like one he went to listen, he went to the platform of Lizabeth. I tell this sloy like he gave me too much because people love it. So back then you can from you can hear the radio station.
Speaker 2: I believe he's in.
Speaker 9: South Carolina or North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I was on one radio station and he heard me. So he's like, yo, you know I'm here.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying. And he called it the fat farm. He called it something else, and I was like, all right, cool. You know, Pun is a funny dude. So I came to pick him up. It was just fantastic. You remember the fantastics. So he's like, yo, He's like, gave me the CA'MC.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, what, Like, yo, believe me KFC. He's like, I got this. Oh yeah, do this? Take the skin off and this Kevin's grilled chicken.
Speaker 17: Sham yom. He don't got no, he don't got no, you know what I mean? They didn't, So so I take care of it. Why I'm a bucking the chicken.
Speaker 9: I don't even pay attention if he's ripping the skin off or not, because at this point he just got me beat, right.
Speaker 2: So he's like, yo, listen, we're gonna stop in the gas. I'm gonna get some bed. So I'm like, what do you mean? While you be like what do you mean? He's like, no, I got this. It's gonna be light. YO.
Speaker 9: Realized I want to call myself naive, but to tell you truth, and I wanted to look stupid.
Speaker 2: That was stupid. So his was crazy, Like it's crazy, it was.
Speaker 9: Crazy, right, should well drive him off? Like he must have walked through there because he hasn't drinking so long. He muster out there.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The guy He's like, yo, don't you ever come in again? Right?
Speaker 9: So now this is this is this is man's being June from the flat from No because I'm the guy I was.
Speaker 10: I had just signed.
Speaker 3: I had to sign.
Speaker 2: I had to sign, so you know that was responsible.
Speaker 9: I didn't know this some twenty fucking like I didn't even know this, and he got over me, like so his was crazy. Years This is years and years later. Guy comes up to me. He's like he's just looking at me, and I'm like, I'm used to be a stair at sometimes, so I'm just like all right, cool and mean, alright. So I'm He's like, I know you.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, of course a lot of people did. He was like, you the guy who came and picked up Christopher. This is what I knew.
Speaker 9: I was like, he didn't call pun punt, so this was like this, he clearly only knew.
Speaker 2: Me from picking up Punk And they were laughing because they didn't really know Pun was or maybe they did. You know, it wasn't Instagram back then.
Speaker 10: But then and I saw the guy who's who saw me, and I've.
Speaker 4: Actually knowed that that's crazy, yo, But like I was saying, too, man, here come drink champs. Yeah okay, one of the lean podcast voices and hip hop. You know what I mean, y'all said the Trendenire anniversary.
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 3: What made you even think, yo, I can do this?
Speaker 2: It's me right? Yeah, well we we had to the radio show. Me and Yfen.
Speaker 9: I moved out here. Yeh, Fen is a wild boy. He used to be a wild boy. He's he's very he's a very good dude. Now the Fen used to be bringing me ecstasy.
Speaker 4: All type of ship you chill chill or chill type of cham not my man, mister conservative.
Speaker 9: Now, I don't think he ever brung it himself, but he had and you know what I mean, Yeah, I'm just playing but I'm not.
Speaker 2: But he was the DJ, you know. And when I moved down here, that was like my my crew.
Speaker 9: So I had moved close closer uh studio to the studio, and then I started using the studio and then he would use he would play poker and I would stay up all night, you know what I'm saying like, and we were like, whoever up at night, you're a drink chat. So we started running with that and then we did a radio show with this guy named Leo G. And that's what remember Leo G. Yeah, and that's when Serious Side of Ight and it was excellent radio, Serious Side of And that's where they merged. And I believe we had to like could have went there. We had to be in New York once a week and it was just like I was so beat. I was just like, yo, man, I can't go once a week like right now, I can't travel like right now. It's crazy that I said that back then. Right now, when I try, I need two days off.
Speaker 2: Man. When I come home, you I'll be telling you I know this person. You're like, I'll be like, yo, I don't get it no more.
Speaker 9: This this motherfucker come back from Italy and be outside the next day like yo, yo, what you don't need, you don't.
Speaker 2: Need, get half a day?
Speaker 10: Old pun up when I come back, bro, because that time difference mess me up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but what the dream chap so so I was like nah. And then this due from it's.
Speaker 9: Crazy because they don't they don't exist no more. It's due from CBS radio. He had had our old Dad he's an old dad or something. He played it for us. He played, it was like yo, woild'll be able to do this again. So if you look at that show, it's the same exact show. Like that's what I'm trying to tell you, Like if you tried something that you fail, you might take that same probabuct package. It different like it I'm not saying we failed, it's just that it didn't work because they didn't get to the potential. It was because of the merger, but we didn't change nothing. Like literally we're saying the same shit. Like when you hear me say Military Christy Wild podcast, I'm still stuck in that old show.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to say.
Speaker 9: This is Dream Champs Happy Out, you know what I'm saying, Like it could be stuck in the old show.
Speaker 2: So we we wounded it. We had CBS and we hit like.
Speaker 9: We we we we hit, we wanted to hit and wed it pretty much ever since ten years. We're gonna do another ten not years, excuse me, but another ten. We got something really playing very nice. We're gonna do it celebrate a ten year anniversary as well, but we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do it all way like like you know, like you know, I'm you know, I might like some luxury ship.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if it might be some normal shit for us together as like the media and ground you know what I'm saying. So that's what that's what we wanted to like cater to like you know what I'm saying, the people that can relate to us, you know.
Speaker 4: Like parently, like you stay, you know what I mean, grounded, roots to home. Queensbridge did a lot for your neighborhood, your community and all that.
Speaker 2: I had a question I.
Speaker 4: Always wanted to ask you because growing up the videos you did get in the magazines.
Speaker 3: I did see your way.
Speaker 4: You was always a fly nigger like you are today. One man got the drippy ass. You know what I'm saying, Like, did you ever think about going into fashion? Just what I'm talking about, trunk about it? You know what I'm saying, What a segue?
Speaker 2: You know what you know about brand is a constant collection. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: My friend, you know I've been, I've been a fashion You know my mom she's fashion.
Speaker 2: You know. The dopest thing was about my bro he got to meet.
Speaker 7: My mother while she was alive, remember, and she she's always kidd about him dressing and my mother dressed me from a baby's man, petty overs with tube sides.
Speaker 3: Real hood ship worded out with no pennies in them.
Speaker 7: Was always like I was always a kid about Like if you go to my projects, that's what they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Say flat and that's that's what I was making for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dad, he had been Dad and Dare Jackets and all that damn in the eighties.
Speaker 2: But that's how I knew that dad all my life because that dad was Nigga Jackets from pot was outside.
Speaker 3: He was there Jackets, Yeah, he was outside my number.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He talked about my dad. My dad probably want famous than.
Speaker 3: Me and.
Speaker 2: My dad.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's crazy whatever.
Speaker 6: Because my dad then followed every generation.
Speaker 2: I've been at the hood for forty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel me.
Speaker 6: My dad been in the hood for forty years.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 3: That's that's legendary, man, that's legendary.
Speaker 6: Heavy artists, every everybody is feenished about that.
Speaker 7: So you know, and my dad that's what he's known for, being a fly as nigga drop cause he.
Speaker 4: Had to be in as a bend as Oh yeah, pops outside for sure for sure.
Speaker 3: Like that's that come so fashion my cast, you know.
Speaker 2: Matacosta collection that that's right.
Speaker 3: Make sure they go I need some drip because that's who right there. Yeah, I need some drip. That's sure.
Speaker 4: I definitely rid get that's what that's what we do. Like watching your bro go from music to this journalism. Man, Now, like, how has that been from you? And did you ever feel like it it was something you can get into too?
Speaker 3: And or you just was like now you so from the.
Speaker 7: Beginning, I remember that time when he was just a thought somebody heavy and and and we had a party at the at the.
Speaker 2: Wall was at the walls of the wall. Yeah. Party.
Speaker 6: He was like, yeah, I'm I ain't getting to do this podcast.
Speaker 7: And then and then he did an episode and then I think the next episode was probably.
Speaker 3: Be a gunplay you out gunplay dogs say somewhere out there.
Speaker 7: But you know, at the end of the day, I knew that that that's what something he was passionate about.
Speaker 6: I've seen a lot of things.
Speaker 16: You dope with, you know, was ago, you throw it, you get into it, and it's like going to the next you know, But this I felt like, you know, like.
Speaker 6: He's seeing something that the world didn't see.
Speaker 7: Needed that podcasters is out at that time, it wasn't it was it was only the audio.
Speaker 18: So you got to realize it was on the audio. So the first Dream episodes was on the audio. So when they turned to video, like what was that? But like covid, we we filmed him. Since no, I'm not saying he didn't film it. I'm saying I had no filming platform podcast.
Speaker 2: No, like like in the beginning.
Speaker 9: That's why I told you a lot of people know that, Like they frightened now because they caught up, like what a lot of people they were just giving the audio and they were and if the video did come, they was giving.
Speaker 2: It away for free. So I don't want to tell I don't want to yet. I don't want to fit nobody. Like so if that wasn't you up not talking about you?
Speaker 3: You know this if every sensitive.
Speaker 2: But you know, like like that's definitely a place r.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm surprised he ain't dragged you in. He dragged me in.
Speaker 6: You know what, he dragged me in your guests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I ain't think I had it bro him and Sunny jumped me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, they made me do this ship I.
Speaker 4: Beginning, they mean Sunny get sent his drags. Yeah, they think I'm being nice journalist. They don't know Sunny be throbbing me behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: You got to show up, so you one thing you have to say.
Speaker 3: No, that's my guy. Man, love Sunny Man, that's my dude. He probably do say my feel you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All the way.
Speaker 3: He might be the leader.
Speaker 2: Word, he might be the leaner world up that.
Speaker 6: Bottles thousand bottle service.
Speaker 2: He got going. Oh yeah, he was. He was besting with Oh.
Speaker 9: He was like, it's Sunny because you know, we had a joke on the show, I'm sunning you not It's approved.
Speaker 2: So we had the whole players like, like play it out with us. He was like, this Sunny's improved. He goes no hexact. He's good with the d said, he wants away. You can tell the whole basic He told him, you will tell the whole basis Like he.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, it's crazy, man, Like looking back on everything, y'all accomplished collectively individually, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Legendary status man.
Speaker 4: In my eyes, and I'm pretty sure a million people, probably ten million people feel just like I feel.
Speaker 2: How do you feel? Y'all? Music represent the era of New York today. Gotta yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, uh, you know, I look at it like we have.
Speaker 19: We had every opportunity to make us repe better, repical for New York today to meeting. We had the superme deal, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, fact your deal or things different, But everything was so New York.
Speaker 2: It was part of everything.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: They needed to be so new York they have, they involved us and everything.
Speaker 20: So our music is part of that timeless New York culture where you get them m maybe ten albums that bubble.
Speaker 3: I feel that that's right, man.
Speaker 4: Like when people talk about Queen's hip hop so many now, we ain't gonna forget all our artists and queens might not know the neighborhoods they from, but we can't forget cause y'all got a lot of funking are l als, run DMN scenes, screwboys, screwooyah.
Speaker 2: Like that's come on that.
Speaker 4: We gonna be here for two hours naming all of them, like seriously, but it's a lot of legends, you know what I mean. When people talk about Queen's hip hop history or we believe seeing them fit in there, I.
Speaker 9: Believe we survived in that in that era where first off, you have to be nice to have to get a record deal. You have to be like you have to you have to be consistent. They can have a record deal. You have to like, you know, swallowing your prize to a certain certain degree. And then when you got there, like you have to like get there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like I'm like when like like I I live where you know, people came up to me.
Speaker 9: It was like, Yo, the war report got me through my bed and that shit is like good and bad at the same time because it's like, man.
Speaker 2: I wish you wasn't doing that, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like what I mean by that was like being incarcerated, and I get it, Like you know what I'm saying, Like when this man, that shit, you know, that's what it'll mattered did.
Speaker 2: For me, you know what I'm saying, Like so like like and that shit's happening to this day. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: UPS Worker would come out you know, yeah, they still around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Not just Amazon, you know, but the.
Speaker 9: Ups Worker would come out Like Yo, man, when I was druk, Yo man, you raised me and shit, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Shit, I was in the United Lounge the other day. I'm sitting there. I can't pay for my fucking I can't.
Speaker 9: I can't tip, I can't do nothing. And the guys like, yo, man, I'm sorry, put my car down for you. What He's like, yeah, Like he's like, yo, man, the War Report raised me. And I'm like, all right, cool, you know I'm not gonna argument. Let's let's let's keep the party going. That's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know, like we touched people. You know what I'm saying. He touched people with that ship, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like like I remember at times I couldn't listen to the War Report because it was just it was just so much pain. Like I don't believe we exaggerated on most like on most of those bars, I don't believe we even knew how to We just knew how to write what we was going through that war.
Speaker 2: We were going through war with the War Report.
Speaker 9: And it's crazy because he was in his crib where he had green leather couches. Man, I thought he was so rich, you know what I'm saying, Polish drop times man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, washing and drying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a big dad, big damn yo.
Speaker 2: His carib isad big yil. Did you watch the CNN And that's just at the World Court And I don't remember if he was already caught then then or we like I was like the World Report was like the water pot, it was like the water four.
Speaker 10: And then that was it.
Speaker 2: Being like aim towards that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, legendary actual, that's legendary, man.
Speaker 3: I got a legendary you know what I mean? You got a legendary freestyle on Tim West World.
Speaker 2: That lundy you know what I mean? He was holding me down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean I should have known. I could look at that video and should have known right there because you was amping the bars like I was murdering there. Those was major water gun bars.
Speaker 2: And you was amping it.
Speaker 3: So I should have known you would have amped me to do something later. Yes, let's go nah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what's next for my guys? Man, I don't want to say it. I would rather y'all sing in the.
Speaker 2: Studio right now. I'm her first time in the studio, law time, right, you know what? I'm saying, we need that war.
Speaker 3: It's the war report too, that's what we're.
Speaker 2: Going with it. He ain't even know he ain't even know what, but yeah, that that was a Dodtor Drave. I ain't telling nobody. Shut the fuck up, you know what I'm saying, Shut.
Speaker 9: The lose to go about it like it's a doctor Dre beat sock set the fuck up.
Speaker 3: You know you gotta tell me about to be killed.
Speaker 2: Were killed it now, you know? Now?
Speaker 9: You know you saying yeah, I was like, yeah, cause if you're doing that, that's how you leave the witness.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like, all right, cool?
Speaker 9: No, no, we killed that shit on our own, now, you know follows This is a doctor Drab's approve it.
Speaker 3: Though, No I ain't. Y'all two joints to me and sounds.
Speaker 4: Size of this and one is doctor Dre Like god damn them ship sound like, well, we needed what I missed from my guys. Man, y'all thigga's still sound like y'all ain't no whole away, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Low up, that's right, man, and I respect that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I love to see y'all together.
Speaker 4: Healthy, getting money taking care of the family, traveling in the world.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you one thing was I remember we was on talk one time and it was crazy to see and then like they they scared of that crowd. So we get six o'clock shows. And then when you look at eight o'clock at the party, and then when I started doing REGGAEO, I have a ten o'clock at the part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, yo, we could, we could like really do three different things.
Speaker 4: I'm just lying you good, my g I just wanted to say, man, I appreciate y'all for pulling up.
Speaker 3: Man, it's an honor. I'm a fan and now I'm family.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now we're family. It's rock solid drink champs for life. You know what it is? Man? Seeing then we're here.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear more records because the two records I heard fucking phenomenon.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 4: He said, you guys something for me right now, we're gonna see him.
Speaker 3: He cap it and it's a.
Speaker 2: Hit different. That's all right.
Speaker 3: We in there.
Speaker 4: Let's get it, man. I appreciate my jeans. Many let's go come know it my brother.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at And you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak.
Speaker 3: You see anybody fraud and flagging