Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five.
Speaker 2: Bet five bucks, get one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you do I bet three six five. When you use that promo code leading off, it's me Joey p That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks, Guys getting called up, guys getting sent down Welsh.
Speaker 2: This is a very very busy show.
Speaker 1: We have today, a lot going on, but I think we got to start in the keeping it real category because once again I will get the crown here.
Speaker 2: I am the king of keeping it real. I sucked yesterday with the betting. I sucked so bad.
Speaker 1: It was awful. I was over. Everything that was on paper that should have been good was bad. The upside down was upon us and Welsh. You were speaking to you before the show. You did not fare much better.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't a good day.
Speaker 4: And I was telling you like I got a not I get annihilated. Sometimes volume can annihilate you, but also just because I get hinged into something, and you know, parlang is never a good idea. So if you get into that range as well, but looking to simplify, looking to get into simplification today, whether even though I have like one money line parlay thing I'm gonna do, but trying to simplify some stuff because wolf On a lot of ends kind of similar to Jordan Walker.
Speaker 1: Well, look the thing is, I mean Michael King against the Rockies that should have been good, he was bad.
Speaker 2: And not only he's still almost.
Speaker 1: Got to by a proc but he fell a little short. Twins obviously upside down. I mean, we could just get through the headlines, might as we'll just go to it here. Jordan Walker getting sent down, that's probably where we got to start.
Speaker 2: This is the second time now that this has happened in two seasons.
Speaker 1: So what does this mean to the long term value of Jordan Walker? Were also short term? Do you think this is just the latest in another outfielder gone wrong for the Saint Louis Cardinals that will end up somewhere else and turn things around.
Speaker 4: This one kind of confuses me. Not that like like he was stinking, Like That's not what's confusing.
Speaker 3: The confusion is like I think last year was a lot easier to stomach. He was sent down hitting two seventy.
Speaker 4: Defensively, he was just kind of like the you know, like that I kind of got where we were with that this year. I don't because you've had an entire offseason to work through. There is kind of a plethora of outfielders, you know, like we've had a year of this and it's been so bad.
Speaker 3: Also, I was a little defendie. Someone asked this.
Speaker 4: I don't remember if this was itl or here, but someone had asked, like, hey, do you think Jordan Walker is going to be okay? Outside of like the injur face statue, he's hitting like one fifty five that stinks, doesn't have a homer.
Speaker 3: That stinks.
Speaker 4: But from an underlying perspective, though his strikeouts are up a little bit. Hard hit was in line with last year, pretty good. He was barreling the ball more. He was hitting the ball harder ninety one point seven average so far this year, but the expected was trailing.
Speaker 3: Strikeouts were up a little bit.
Speaker 4: It just felt like he had some of the workings of like, oh, if you are digging into him deep, we think he can get okay. He can turn this around. This tells a completely different story, especially to a team that I think does pay attention to this stuff. I'm a lot I'm more pessimistic about this for sure. That you know he's sent down, what's the path to get back up? When guys like Carls are going to come back, Tommy Edmond's going to come back if there's an opportunity, Does Victor Scott come back before him? I mean, his bat is broken, and I don't know what their plan.
Speaker 3: Is to fix it.
Speaker 4: Obviously bringing him down to fix it, but yeah, I mean any optimism I think has to go out the window. And he I saw someone yesterday say they were already cutting Jordan Walker kind of an easy cut, and I don't think this is one of those like, oh, you go and swoop up and pick him up and hold him, because it's like, why the Cardinals didn't even let the Oriels are letting Jackson Holliday get through this, and the Cardinals are not letting Jordan.
Speaker 3: Walker get through this. That's telling. That's pretty telling.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jordan Walker will be a Cardinal at the end of the year. I think they have soured. I do, and I know it's early this hour, but it just feels, as you said, they don't need him necessarily. So if he can't contribute right away and there's pressure on the Cardinals to bounce back from last year's disappointing season, then if Walker can help bring you in, you know, a veteran starter to help you in the second half of the year, I could see something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I think the Cardinals are super super like hold on to everything even when it fails, Like they just don't ever see them make those Dylan Carlson, they're still like grabbing well, no, no, like, who are the young.
Speaker 1: Of I'm just thinking of Stephen Piscotti and I'm thinking of God, there was another one before Piscotti too, Grendall Gritchik. I'm thinking of Randy rose Arena. I'm thinking of Adolas Garcia.
Speaker 4: Okay, well now Adul listen, Randy completely different, I think situation kind of all of those are different than these.
Speaker 1: These weren't all different, but they're all just different versions of the Cardinals failures.
Speaker 2: Yeah we're not done.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I mean it's also versions of their failures. Like it's hilarious saying they can't develop Dylan Carlson. They can't develop obviously, Jordan Walker. I love Lars, but Lars is always getting hurt. Tommy Edmonds hurt. Like they get rid of Tyler O'Neill. Boy, that would have looked great to be.
Speaker 3: On his team.
Speaker 2: Forgot about this.
Speaker 4: You imagine that outfield right now could be Randy Rose, Arena, A Doulas Garcia and Tyler O'Neill.
Speaker 3: That would be great.
Speaker 1: So they can't obviously, the organization that develops outfielders, it's such an alarming rate that end up going somewhere else and becoming halfway deastant or good.
Speaker 2: Like you know, it's have they gotten.
Speaker 3: Rid of Dylan Carlson?
Speaker 4: How they got rid of Dylan Carlson and they were a little bit more trigger happy? I think I would agree with you on this. I would say though this team is kind of a disaster. The old pieces are kind of failing. They toyed with this idea last year. Hey, we might revamp and just kind of retool. I don't think in retooling you go and trade. Jordan Walker, I think they're gonna hold on to that. They're gonna whatever they're gonna do. If God knows what they're gonna do, in the minor leagues to try to fix that. But I think this is just a bigger outwarthy problem. That the only fantasy takeaway here. If you believe that, I think that's great. If he we go to another team, that might be the best thing that happened. I don't, and I think that actually furthers the point of why it's a bigger disaster the rest of the season for fantasy and might not even be an option until this team finally gives up and stops trying to play veterans and starts moving the veterans, not the young guys.
Speaker 1: I understand the Pascatti situation was a little different, but if you are a great asset to the team, they are going to tell you. Look, I'm sorry, but we're gonna keep you.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think they know what great assets of the teams are. They know how to spend two hundred million dollars, they don't know how to develop.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true, So let's go do something good. Max Freed was good. Struck out six complete game shutout of the Marlins.
Speaker 2: The Marlins.
Speaker 1: All right, mess Logan Gilbert, money in the bank, Logan, Gilbert, you should just put every honestly Welsh, you should just be betting every Logan Gilbert start whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I did bet, by the way.
Speaker 2: The Rangers two six and two thirds innings, two hits, I mean, great, great one for him.
Speaker 4: I had bet his under walks because he had been really under control of that. And then I think he walked three in the first life five bats, you know, like one in two thirds of an inning or something like that. But yes, he's consistent even when that offense doesn't get going. Also, can we get hyped that Julio Rodriguez finally got on the board? Could this be the start where I'm put in the trade video go buy Julio right now. We saw your trade, your trade idea, the one we brought up on the show. I saw someone actually make and tweet us that they traded their Mike.
Speaker 3: Trout to go get Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 4: And you know, we'll see how that looks at the end of the season, because you know, Mike is still going, our buddy Mike is still going. But Julio, this could be the trajectory to start getting him going. I'm I was very excited about that last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, this is just again, this is a great, big duh, Like, of course he's gonna start hitting at the end of April. This is what he does every single year. I mean, the numbers don't lie on this. This is this is not a one off. It's a very strong trend, and it's something that when you draft him you have to have a plan for now until he proves otherwise.
Speaker 2: And maybe one year.
Speaker 1: He'll prove otherwise, or maybe when he ends up some other location, maybe it's Seattle in April.
Speaker 2: I don't no. Whatever it is, he is not good for the first few weeks of every season, and then after that he is MVP caliber and.
Speaker 4: That might just change where you draft him early on in drafts, like maybe he's not gonna it's not gonna change.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna make sure that, hey, I'm to make sure I take one more outfielder or if there's somebody else in the waiver wire early on, I'm gonna grab an outfield just and not that I want to, said Julio, but I need to have a hot hand out there. I can't just sit and have two guys in my outfield that are kind of sucking.
Speaker 3: Win.
Speaker 1: Eric Fetti, he was sucking strikeouts eleven for him, eleven against the Twinkies two seven three era thirty K's nine walks over twenty six innings.
Speaker 2: You're buying the Fetti.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of buying the fit. I don't buy the big, massive strikeouts that he put up. I mean, though this would have been the world's greatest ladder of all time, and also because the Minnesota Twins strikeout like crazy, so it kind of is staring you in the face. But he's not like the ultimate big strike up guy. He had seventeen swinging whiffs in this though, which was a thirty nine percent, So in this game he was cutter, sinker, splitter, all had at least five swing and whiffs. That's we're looking for. The actual called strike percentage of the CSW was a little bit. I mean, it was so great thirty four percent, but it didn't equate to like the amount.
Speaker 3: Of strikeouts he got.
Speaker 4: This just kind of comes back to, like the Twins, if you get someone who's either painting corners or is a you know, big power pitcher, like big strikeouts are.
Speaker 3: Going to happen.
Speaker 4: So I wish I had kind of saw this. Fetti has been relatively consistent early on. It's just on such a you know, garbage crap team I had, I got it. I gotta take a break from little nerfies for a little bit because I had played this game, and I think Fetti gave up.
Speaker 3: I think he gave up.
Speaker 4: A homer, like right off the bat or however it was like it's a little bit frustrating to see like the early ons, but he really settles in and he's look good and he one of those guys deep deep in drafts you get in the three hundreds.
Speaker 3: You should be happy about it if you own them.
Speaker 1: So you're pro Fetti, not Confetti. Cody bellingerry in a home run yesterday and then ran into a wall.
Speaker 2: But it's okay. He's got X Rayser negative on the ribs.
Speaker 1: Guys coming around a little bit. Also on the headlines, Riley Green two for three, two home runs. It's a good day for him, Christian and Karnassio Strand three for four, two RBIs for him, and Eloya Mens two for three with a home or so Green cs ELOI. Things are starting to look up right, So there's opportunity here still to buy these players. Look, guys, look guys of talent aren't going to be down for too long. Guys have down months all the time. When you go back at the end of the year, you're gonna look at all of the different, you know, month to month statistics of guys. You're gonna see like, oh, that was a bad month. But when you have the bad month in April, people lose their mind, and it's something you have to remember. It'd say, Okay, a bad month of a player that you really like and you really thought was gonna be good, like a ceas Ces excuse me, or like a Riley Green.
Speaker 2: Think yourself, Okay, pretend.
Speaker 1: It's June, that this is the bad month he's having, and then go about your business. And then if he has a bad May too, or a couple weeks into May, then you can start going, all right, I need to evaluate and make some changes.
Speaker 2: Do you agree or disagree? And what do you think about these three guys coming around?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I for the most part agree with like what you're saying, Like this is just the thing we've kind of been talking about all April, like making big, big, massive decisions on players you've invested in in April with some struggles, it's kind of it's kind of black, like you might have a league format that you have to make that if you're in a ten team league and there's really great guys on the wire, like, okay, you can start making those decisions, but you know, this is the adjustment period time of all those guys.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's all interesting.
Speaker 4: You know, Eloy win Healthy is just always someone you can I mean, he was the best player in spring. You can count on the bat if he's there. Though none of his you know, Luis Robert and Joelman Cotter there, but it's Riley Green. Riley Green is the big one for me. We had somebody tweeting at us yesterday about like they wanted to cut Rightley Green and then they had benched him, and it's like, that's the one I don't get over because you know, the herd hit numbers are down a little bit from last year, but the strikeouts are down.
Speaker 3: He's walking like crazy.
Speaker 4: Serviceable XBA barrel percentage, crazy, hitting the ball hard. Yeah, exactly, Like those are the reasons I like Ridley Green. And he's hitting in that third part of the order, and I think it's gonna catch up because he's a good contact guy. Who's showing the underlying stuff to take that contact and put into power. So like I'm an apologist to Riley Green. So when people are like, oh, I'm kind of done, like I'm not. I'm probably gonna hold until he gets optioned, which is not gonna happen, like Jordan Walker.
Speaker 1: Uh, Connie in the chat, by the way, one hundred percent again, I'm keeping it real.
Speaker 2: Today's very keeping it real kind of day.
Speaker 1: Connie says, Joe's face when he's listening, but really, just reading the chat is my favorite. I am listening. I'm also reading the chat. I'm also producing the show.
Speaker 2: It's a lot going on here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, yesterday Joe asked a question about cleaning your glove and I'm like, I shave or whatever it was. Y.
Speaker 2: What's Welsh's excuse he's not producing the show too.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm doing the same thing, though, I gotta look up stats. I gotta talk through. If you see me looking down, I'm looking at the chat. There's a lot going on here, so be very specific when you're talking about shaving cream, Joe, I was.
Speaker 2: I was talking about the loves and break in the gloves.
Speaker 3: You say it a lot of times.
Speaker 4: People are always like, hey, please repeat the names of the players, repeat the glove or the face or the topic of shaving cream.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: All right, well let's repeat the giveaway. See, because I am producing the show. See, I gotta look to bring up slides like this trophy smack Fantasy Baseball Championship Belt.
Speaker 2: This one can be yours. All you gotta do. Subscribe to Fantasy Bros.
Speaker 1: MLB, comment on any video and you are automatically entered the hose, air mirrors, jersey, poof, it's gone. The trophy s MAAC Fantasy Baseball Championship Belt is here.
Speaker 4: What would you put on that belt? The trophies mac says text. It says custom text at the top in.
Speaker 1: The middle instead of the baseball because somebody on Discord made an emoji of me, I would put my face emotion that know.
Speaker 3: You would put your face on your own belt. I'm all the money on what would you put on there? Would you put?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, trophies mac one that says mister black Book, actually have one or I got to do that?
Speaker 2: And it says mister black Book and the whole thing and it's quite nice.
Speaker 1: It's up there for another one of the many expert LEA championships that I've won the last few years.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, no big deal, no big deal, just drop it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, somebody saying about dropping Langford, I agree with Eric, do not drop Langford.
Speaker 3: I agree, I'll drop him.
Speaker 4: Lots of questions about Langford lately, People are like, should I drop Langford for Heston khurshtad.
Speaker 3: No, we don't know the level of commitment that they're gonna have to the Heston Kurstad with.
Speaker 4: Just because Austin Hayes is out, they got a bunch of lefties and I it just doesn't look like it fits one hundred percent like they're going to keep them up the entire sity. Not saying they won't, but you know, it might be kind of platoony. So to drop a player like White Langford who is also struggling early on, not struggling beyond belief, like a holiday, but you know he is not living up to expectations. I if anything, my goal with a White Langford would be to get him on my bench and make moves somewhere else that I can put a serviceable player on until he gets right, because I do think he will.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue on. There's one more thing to get to.
Speaker 1: Francisco Alvare is gonna be out two months with the surgery on his thumb, and Causus is going to be out for a while with that roof fracture.
Speaker 2: One of the.
Speaker 1: Best guys there, like, I know what's talking about Waiver Wire, and I got the Waiver Wire video coming out too. But Ketcher's always a tough one. Who would you recommend right now? People will look at me because this is not like a two week injury, the two month injury at catcher.
Speaker 2: That stuff.
Speaker 1: First base is easy. It's Nathaniel Low for me, that is just not rostered enough. Leagues, I'd run and pick him up everywhere by casas. But what about the Alvare situation. That one seems harder to me.
Speaker 4: The one that just jumped up to me is Ivan Herrera with the Cardinals. Because Wilson Contreras also got reinjured last night. He's been getting some time at DH They just got rid of Walker. By the way, for the Cardinals, you get Walker, that's one less person, that's one more opportunity for another bat. To go into the outfield and a guy like Ivan Herrera. If Contreras was there, he could be dhing. If not, he's a great option because he should get a lot more playing time right now. The power is real, Angela said in the chat Travis dar I know who we've talked about. Absolutely, that'd be another one if he's kind of floating out there. I think Ivan Herrera, though, fits the mold of like, oh my gosh, the league has picked up all the catchers. There's not a lot of options that would be the guy.
Speaker 3: I probably go look at.
Speaker 1: The tough thing I should say with Darnault is Murphy's imminent return.
Speaker 4: That's kind of the point, like he's good for now and sometimes you just need to.
Speaker 2: He's not a long term solution there, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: One of the things you can also look at with catcher is it might be a streaming type of position, penning the league you play and like, don't if you lost a major catcher, which you know what we're saying all off season, like I don't want to invest highly. I was completely wrong about Moreno, by the way, you need to replace him. But the point was was like the differential.
Speaker 2: Again it's only April. Do you want to just replace.
Speaker 3: Him if there was but no.
Speaker 4: But this is what I was getting at, is like, I think the position, if your league warrants it, with serviceable options, you could just don't fall in love with a catcher. If you're in that position, just start streaming, you know, take a Travis Darnault for now and then pick.
Speaker 2: This guy up to hit. In two ninety eight, sure for San Francisco hot.
Speaker 4: Bats at catcher, don't fall in love unless you got an elite guy, unless you got William Contreras at this point.
Speaker 1: Das for Colorado in three hundred, that's another one thrown out there too. There's some guys out there again. It's it's tough for the catcher streets. Let's have some fun here, some fun ones six do. Sanchez is gonna start against the Braves today.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun. Well, you're looking forward to that, I know I am.
Speaker 3: That'll be a great twinnings.
Speaker 1: James Paxton one run, five hits, four and two thirds. Bobby Miller working his way back, Walker Bueller working his way back. You know, I said this before the season started. I'm like, packs is not long for this rotation, Folks, this whole notion is some how Packs that was gonna be guy who's gonna help them, Like we're not even out of April, and it's like, I think people already throwing their hands up with Packs and would you agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he doesn't look super great and they've got tons of options. There's gonna be guys that are floating out. Will they be aggressive? That's the thing I've said about the Dodgers this whole time. They've got so many assets in the minor league system from the bottom to the top of even guys that are ready that you know, whether they were putting Kyle hurt landon NAK, Gavinstone on the rotation, or they're moving some of these players to get extra help. There's just not I don't think there's a lot of wiggle room for this team to have liabilities.
Speaker 3: And I think James Paxson is a liability and Walker be like welcoming back.
Speaker 1: Like the baron said, Mike Trout hitting lead off yesterday, How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I Mean he's not getting RBIs anyways, hitting two or three, So just put him at lead off?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, right, nobody's not in front of him.
Speaker 3: Guess nine twelve?
Speaker 1: Remember then, well, I mean again, I assume you watch Bugs Bundy cartoons. I don't want to assume, but everyone Bugs Buddy played every position like Bugs Buddy first basically, you know, like he's got off and then drive himself in.
Speaker 2: I feel like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a buster posy type of thing. One hundred percent runner.
Speaker 4: It is a crazy It is a crazy, like laughable stat but it was. It is like twelve RBI with nine.
Speaker 3: Homers right now. It's pretty amazing that no one else.
Speaker 2: Is doing it out there in the chat.
Speaker 1: Put up the pace of something like forty homers and fifty seven rb I or something like that. I can't find it, don't know where it is. But also in the chat, by the way, you don't we have multiple angelos in the chat.
Speaker 3: I've seen. The chat is hot today. By the ready, they're attacking me, they're going at Jah, They're just going at everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't think everybody loves me. Who's attacking me? Conny wasn't attacking me. That was just funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well then conn and you know Connie said right after, She's like, oh yeah, wells she never pays attention.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, I'm also doing the analysis here too.
Speaker 4: I gotta look at sheets, I gotta adjust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I see a lot of hats. We'll go to the scorpion.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You guys are being rude there. You go, oh, oh, this one's tight.
Speaker 2: You want to cut?
Speaker 3: Why is that? But oh, this is a different size.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, why, Like I have like seven and a half, I wear seven and a half. Sometimes seven and a half doesn't feel the same.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: We got rookie lookie stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, Corbyn Carroll and on the line up yesterday again tough lefty. Fine, give him a day off. One homer, eight steals. This is the time to start throwing out deals for him.
Speaker 3: Just got moved to seven today.
Speaker 4: By the way, the game is gonna be kicking off in about twenty five minutes, since we're going they moved him down to seven.
Speaker 3: Good, no, good good. I am sick of it. I watched Corbyn Carrol every single night.
Speaker 4: You know what he does, swings it every first pitch, the amount of pop ups he's not locked in the ball. I am sick of it. Push him down in the lineup. To get him going. If he's gonna get going, I bring back again, who'd you rather have rest the season? Corvin Carrol, Ellie.
Speaker 2: De la Cruz.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, hard not to say Elie do la Cruz because the Cruz has been fantastic and you're gonna get a fair amount of steeals from Elie two. So yeah, I mean it's hard to disagree with that. All right, lots of rookie stuff to get to Kyle. Kyle Manzardo, Guardian's first baseman prospect hit a homer three straight games now for Triple A guy keeping eye on him. Also the Brewers prospect the e third baseman, Tyler Black, Hoomer and stole based on Tuesday. Now, this is a prospect maybe some of you don't know about, twenty three years old, fifty five steals between Double and Triple A last year, hitting three twenty nine with three homers, three steals through twenty games. Your thoughts on Tyler Black, which also for your wrestling fans out there, now, I do want the name of Seth Rollins in ring of honor before he became Seth Rawlins, Oh I do.
Speaker 4: I do want to say we have a prospect segment we're gonna do tomorrow, and this is these would be some of the guys we're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: Joe, so thank you for that. But Tyler Black, absolutely the house. But you're giving away the house. You're get away Manzaro.
Speaker 2: Tyler better Yeah, better, yeah, better. Yeah, that's the rookie.
Speaker 1: Lookie, tune in tomorrow if you want the full breakdown when the article comes out, there you go. That's called the tease. Christian Scott, I don't know where you want to tease him or not. But he struck out eight guys again, there's no room of the infim right now. But you should be picking him up. They're thirty four strikeouts, four walks. But you talk about him every week.
Speaker 3: No, No, we're not going to talk about him tomorrow. That's this is a fine one.
Speaker 2: I think Black and Luciano, you talk about him tomorrow.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sick of Marco Luciano.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't care if he's hitting three fifty, but he doesn't hit it the majorly. That's how I feel about marko Oo. I just don't think that's ever gonna work. They love nick on Ed Christian Scott, I just like if he's not here by May first, I am going to be surprise. He is so good in the miners right now, I'd say they find a spot, start to see.
Speaker 3: What you get out of it. Oh about from who from Christian Scott? Oh shaving?
Speaker 2: I was not listening for No, you are yeah shaving shaving? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three up, three down, Logan Web six hits, eight squirrels. Sittings against the Mutts Byron Bucks and three for four with a double and a dinger, and Bobby Wood Junior continues to be MVP Calber three before with a double and two more ribbis tremendous.
Speaker 3: Can he win the MVP? Oh?
Speaker 2: Certainly in the mix. Certainly in the mix.
Speaker 1: Sodo's you know right now, I think you gotta have that Sodo conversation.
Speaker 2: He's in the mix.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's Soo's April.
Speaker 1: So I don't like to have this conversation because it's so Julio in my mind. That's a further notice.
Speaker 3: That's that's a really good point. But I feel like it's like Sodo in wit. Maybe I'm forgetting.
Speaker 1: Many Shadow was the leader last year for MVP for like three months, and I was like just pumped the brakes, everybody relaxed, and then that did not happen to it.
Speaker 2: Three down.
Speaker 1: Grayson Rodriguez killed us yesterday, both of us, because we both had Grayson Rodriguez investment.
Speaker 3: And it sucked.
Speaker 2: Seven runs eleven hits. But I'm not bitter.
Speaker 1: He did strike out seven guys, but whatever, JP France five earned runs for him?
Speaker 2: Is it aj bla bah time?
Speaker 3: What who ajah blah blah? I know it's continuous.
Speaker 2: Spencer forget Spencer arraghedtty, He's already up. The forest sucks too, Is it blah blah time?
Speaker 3: Maybe they do a little attempt about blah blah.
Speaker 1: Like he's a vampire. Evan Carter struck out three times? Can he drop Evan Carter?
Speaker 3: He was over for No, you didn't even drop Evan Carter. Come on, the better outfielders.
Speaker 1: I will say this, of all the guys that I was fading coming into the season, how many shows did we do where I just just obliterated everything?
Speaker 3: Blah blah all over Kevin all over that.
Speaker 1: Dude, all right, injuries blah blah over. Everybody's fantasy team gets ready. Nolan Jones removed a back stiffness Wilson Contreras. He came out with the hand discomfort. Lane Thomas is gonna undergo an MRI today on his left knee after a slide. This one doesn't look good. I imagine we're gonna miss multiple weeks here with Lane Thomas.
Speaker 3: You agree, Yeah, probably James Wood time bye bye.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: That means spot James would pay attention if he is gonna miss time. You know what, I didn't even think about this until the second. Go and grab and swoop up James Wood, just like right now, just in case, because if Lane Thomas does hit the eyel it is the opportunity for them to bring him up. So if you can go, do it, go do it now before there's an announcement of any of those things. You can beat all your team, all the teammates and stuff to the wire. Because obviously they could also go and be like, oh, by the way, we're gonna sign this thirty five year old journeyman like they did with that Eddie Rosario. But this is the opportunity for them to justify bringing up James Wood, who has been awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna add him right now in our Fantasy pros league.
Speaker 3: Now that I wasn't invited to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean you were? You earning either of them?
Speaker 3: No, never got an invite.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, the lead baseball analyst is not invited to any of the baseball No, they didn't get a single invite.
Speaker 3: No, nobody messaged me. No, No, not important.
Speaker 2: This guy doesn't have done it anywhere.
Speaker 3: Shaving cream on his glove. I'd say yes to like everything. I who says yes to more things at this place than me.
Speaker 2: It's fair, It's fair. All right, let's continue on here, hold on making this edge.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this?
Speaker 4: Let me point this out because this is gonna absolutely screw and ruin the betting segment here because I had a great bet that was going to play because I don't know if you've seen it in the chat, but the biggest injury, it literally went down as the show started. Blake Snell was put on the IL retroactive to yesterday, and he was supposed to start today and I was one hundred percent going against him in his strikeouts. So that will not be a part of the betting segment. Now, that happened while the show was going on. But Blake Snell not starting in this game already hitting the IL. That's Black, and there's another prospect look out for Mason Black.
Speaker 3: If Mason Black gets.
Speaker 4: The call up to fill that spot, that would be very exciting. I love Carson wizen Hunt, but I don't know if Carson wizend Hunter get the opportunity because he's in double A. So Mason Black would be a player who's dominating in the PCL right now. He would be a great stream starter with Snell on the IL if that's the way they go.
Speaker 1: I got Tyler Black, he got Mason Black, he have Oh these guys, this is nice Black, all right. We've also got guys working their way back from injury. Joan Duran four hits, struck out three on Tuesday. Raphael Devers supposedly gonna be back in the lineup today. Jad Martinez when one for four in the rehab start. Hopefully we're getting him back. I would assume by early next week. John means still not great. Three runs at four innings. He's just hey, Johnny, just keep rehab and eventually, when you stop giving up a million runs, maybe come back. Paul Sewald unearned run, two outs yesterday on Tuesday in the Minor League rehab start. Framber Valdez could possibly start in the weekend, and Max sures Or is gonna begin a minor league rehab start on Wednesday with Triple A Round Rock. So that's today last time I checked, which means he's gonna make one rehab start, maybe two. You're gonna get Max chers are back pretty pretty.
Speaker 4: Soon mid May. It's gonna be happening. And I was with you, by the way, I was weaving, let's do.
Speaker 2: It right here. It's the twenty four, one, two, three, four.
Speaker 3: Five, thirty thirtieth.
Speaker 1: I could see him on the fifth of May, coming back on the Sunday.
Speaker 3: I think it's after that.
Speaker 4: I think it'll be I think he'll get three starts because he'd missed all of spring.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna at least get three. Uh, But I was with you. I just want to point out why I why.
Speaker 4: I forgot it was Wednesday because of our crazy schedules. But then I remembered, because we will be hanging with everybody right after the show on Discord, hanging out for cleaning up, which I hope everybody comes and hangs out with us. Doing the live show on the Discord at Fantasypros dot Com slash chat or fantasypros dot com slash cleaning up to go straight there and you can be.
Speaker 3: A part of the show.
Speaker 4: That's how I know it's Wednesdays when we talk to you guys, because it is easy to forget what the hell day it is.
Speaker 1: It certainly is the NFL drafts tomorrow. Oh my god, my God has no clothes. Oh geez, that was so much better. That's an oops. But that's okay. It's time to get back on the horse, Welsh. It's time to forget the past of yesterday and turn our attention to.
Speaker 2: Wednesday's best bets of the day with Joey and the Welsh.
Speaker 1: Of course, make sure when you are betting use that promo code leading off on bet three sixty five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you do twenty one or eighteen over In Kentucky gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa, terms.
Speaker 2: And conditions apply.
Speaker 1: Welsh, yesterday, no boy now, So I am just going all in on Wan Soda and the Yankees against the A's today. So give me the Yankees minus one and a half at minus one oh five today on the run line, give me one soda and now you can play this two ways. You could do fun or conservative or both. You could do like you know, two units on the overo point five RBI A plus one sixty five. That's a great number for Juan Soto today, gets a righty on the mound for the a's or one sodo if you're really feeling lucky, plus three seventy for a home run.
Speaker 4: Like the mullet of bets. It's like party in the front or business in the front.
Speaker 2: Party in the back.
Speaker 1: You're right, so we're going sodo mullet bet today we've made a thing. Now this is a new Welsh ism, the mullet bet. So again you could do both. You could do you could do both where you could just be business or just do party, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: I'd say the front side you gotta go low unit, and then the back one you gotta go high unit.
Speaker 3: That's the business, and then the party.
Speaker 2: So there you go and the twins.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to love again after yesterday. It's not gonna be easy after Fetti destroyed me. But that's Okay, twins minus one and a half plus one twenty against the White Sox today, so we're gonna run that back and again I'm all in on the Yankees today against the A's.
Speaker 2: So the easy thing to do here take the Yankees.
Speaker 1: On that one and a half run line I mentioned earlier minus one oh five, and then take one Sodo just to get a hit.
Speaker 2: Give it real simple, it said minus one eight juice.
Speaker 1: But you put those two things together, just the Yankees to win, buy more than a run and a half and get the one sodo, get one hit. That's it, just one hit, just one ram. You get the same game parlay a plus one sixty two. So that's a pretty good deal. Welsh, I know Snell is now out, so you have to make a hard pivot. What are the rest of the bets of the day look like for you?
Speaker 3: I do have a pivot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My play of the day was gonna be going under Blake Snell strikeouts. I had all my analysis here, loved it, and then il so he's gone.
Speaker 3: So can I still win that? Can I? I literally had to make that.
Speaker 4: Bet, so they're gonna have to uncash that. I'll tell you the other two that I had. I do want to say I do love the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Bet.
Speaker 4: I'm probably going to solo bet that on the run line with you. I didn't put that because you had it there.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, it is just not super smart to play in a lot of parlays. I'm messing around, screwing around with things that did hit yesterday, my strikeout parley. But then you can get screwed like I did last night with the Orioles just just stinking and the Padres stinking. But in an inverse version of what you have, you have the Yankees minus one and a half. If you want to play money line, you can't play the Yankees money line really, So I'm going Yankees and Braves moneyline parlay, and that is just almost exact even money.
Speaker 3: So Yankees to win straight up.
Speaker 4: I like Clark Smith, don't love Joe Boyle, and we got our buddy Rainaldo Lopez. It's on the mound going up against six tow in the Atlanta game, So moneyline parlay even out. I really like that one. I'm also gonna go Yankees like your bet, I am gonna go sit This is a kind of risky one. But I love the starting pitchers and this one's been killing me lately. But Cincinnati Philly four and a half under through the first five Loadolo's on the mound, Spencer Turnbulls on the mound. I could have talked myself into Nurf's, but I'm not. But I'm gonna go under four and a half runs that these two pitchers are going to be able to maintain.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: You got a really strong lefty and Lodolo that's going to be maintaining in turn Bull has been really good. And I'll tell you since I lost the Snow one, this is what I've been sitting on right now. I want to play. I wanted to play something with the under runs with that Garrett Crochet that Chicago and I'm Complete and twins. I wanted to play an under on that. But the first five under you can't do minus four and a half. I'm gonna play at minus three and a half through the first five. Garrett Crochet, I fully believe is gonna bounce back. Joe Ryan should dominate in this one.
Speaker 2: I love Joe Ryan dominant all year.
Speaker 4: And I believe Garrett Croche is going to bounce back here. So three and a half through the first five under you can play on. This total game line is six and a half. That's also not a bad play, But I want to attach myself to the starters, so that's why I'm going to do that. It's a low number, fingers crossed. That'll be my play, pivoting from the iled Blake smell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, when you have a bad day like yesterday, the best thing to do is go back to the basics. And the basics are find good teams going against bad teams, and the law of averages typically will work in your favor, so hopefully will today. And again, if you're like me and you're in on Sodo, just bet at all because if he goes yard, guess what, that's the hit, that's the home run, that's the RBI, that's everything, And it's already a positive day if you just go all in.
Speaker 2: On one Sodo there.
Speaker 1: But again, you might as well go in on the Yankees at the same tame and that or the same time, the same tam same team, same time.
Speaker 2: Come back tomorrow for the same time with this same team.
Speaker 1: For more best bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh all right, Welsh, Let's get to the home run board in a second, because first I want to show you this. I sent you this yesterday and this made me laugh out loud. So I figured if I liked it and you liked it the Peanuts and Cracker Ja exploit, somebody won the internet. This guy, Matt Coggan said, the Tiger's bullpen is just every type of guy at any given bar in the Midwest. And you can't unsee this. And this is why you listen to the podcast. You gotta watch the podcast because I could not think of a more accurate description of this tweet. The guy the top right, all of them are unsettling for different reasons. But you know, some fabulous mulletwork here as well, and to me is just amazing.
Speaker 3: Who is that guy in the top.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure who that one is. I can't even see right now, but this made me. This made me laugh right there, Yeah, laugh Tiger's bullpen. Definitely Midwestern bar, definitely, So I hope you enjoyed that. That's your little funny moment of the day. Also not funny, unfortunately, the home run leaderboard I have sunk for I'm at ten overall, there are three teams with ten homers, one two with nine, and then I'm in the clump of eight.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get to that second side. So spoiler alert, I.
Speaker 1: Think everybody knows where I'm going with my home run call today. It's won so doo not giving anything away there, obviously, that's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts here, Welsh? Where you go for your home run call today?
Speaker 4: By the way, I did get on the board yesterday. Gunner Henderson was my home run call, and he got on a little bit later. I don't know what that gets me at four or five. Someone let me know, Wonki, Maybe let me know if I'm at five, I'm close to getting back on the board, but I might only have four, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: But I am gonna go.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit of an easier play today picking on on the home run other side. Give me Gordonnalvarez, give me or Nalvarez to get a big bomb in this matchup. I think the matchup works pretty well. Pitcher against pretty high home run to nine. I'm completely forgetting who it is right now. It's completely out of my brain. But Gordon Alvarez is my pick of the day.
Speaker 2: There you go. Don't forget everybody. If you haven't already sink your leagues to my playbook MLB.
Speaker 1: It'll help you sort through the waiver wire, make trades, suggest trades for you. Also, manage lineups in multiple spots. If you're having a hard time going from this place to that place trying to set all your lineups, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Just do it at my playbook. If you have like five, six leagues, or even two, it's a great time saver.
Speaker 1: It's free. Sink your league. Of course, when your premium you get more bells and whistles, but at least try it. Sink your leagues today.
Speaker 2: It's quick.
Speaker 1: You could do it in like less than a minute. You can sink your leagues. It's so easy to do, so do that right now. Download the Apple or go to Fantayborods dot com, slash MLB my playbook, and as well said earlier, don't forget discord right now. After leading off is over, cleaning up is right around the corner, So join us for another half hour talk in baseball. If you've got questions about who to drop, who to trade for, just life questions, what you should use on your baseball glove any of the above, we will help you.
Speaker 2: Or your face or your face, we could do any of those things.
Speaker 3: Probably gonna shave this today. My wife's skinning on my case is probably gone.
Speaker 1: So yesterday a Heston Kirstad came up, obviously made his major league debut and what over four So immediately he staks right like we know that now, like he's.
Speaker 2: Terrible, he's the worst. Everybody's already saying, what a disappointment. It's one game.
Speaker 1: Well, the Orioles have very little room for error with these prospects. Like that's either you know, everyone forgets how bad Gunnar Henderson was for about what two and a half months last year?
Speaker 3: Oh god, people, that'd be.
Speaker 1: A reminder too for everybody's that, you know, Corbyn, Carroll or o'neo cruz, just go back and look at the stats for Gunnar Henderson last year from April to about what like June fifteenth, he was dreadful.
Speaker 3: So patience, my friend, Corbyn Carrol, Right now there you go.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, join us over at cleaning Up again right now over on Discord orgo discord dot com slash cleaning Up that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on.
Speaker 2: For the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids.
Speaker 3: By