Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bedler Happy Hour. We are here with Kylie Russell.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, sir, Hey guys, Kylie.
Speaker 1: Kylie from Kylie who got dumped via Skype on Zach.
Speaker 2: Video call Zoom, whatever you want to call it. I'm that girl, unfortunately, but here we are. We're back, and we're ready than ever.
Speaker 3: I forgot that that was the Rose ceremony you went home on and was like John the floor. When they showed the clip of you in front of the big TV, I was like, oh my god. I literally blocked out that they had a zoom ros ceremony and that Kylie went home this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tried to block it out too. I want to say it was like iconic because it was the first time ever that's happened, but it's kind of embarrassing. But yeah, we just won't talk about that anymore. We're definitely pasted it.
Speaker 3: My echo so far past it. Here we are.
Speaker 1: So what have you been up to before Paradise? Were you dating? How was that? Like?
Speaker 2: My dating life is still a series of misfortunate events prior to Paradise. I honestly knew coming home from the show that Paradise was something I was interested in, So I didn't really want to jump into anything immediately just because I was like, I didn't want to have that awkward conversation if something was going well with someone saying hey, like I'm planning on going to the beach, Like this isn't going to work. So I've really just been focusing on my career, my family, getting my mind right, getting my heart right, so I can have the best experience in paradise.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you mentioned on the episode we you know you talk about even liking a lot of your photos and the fire emoji. Did you were Did you guys talk at all any direct messages prior.
Speaker 2: No, everyone assumes for whatever reason, like the interview the internet excuse me, really shift us and I don't know why. I don't know where this came about. I mean I had a crush on him prior to going on Zach season, but never in a million years did I think that he would like me back. So unfortunately, he never sent me a DM before walking to the beach, and I hated that because I wanted to know. I was like, hey, like, is this guy interested in me? He's really the only one I have my eyes on. So I don't want to walk on that beach expecting him to light me back, and I have no clue if he's going to. So no, the answer is no. The only type of communication that we've had is the fire emochi.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I feel like the fire emoji sends enough of a message that you can assume he's at least a little bit interested.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, okay, you could have at least given me the hard eyes, and then like, I am an overthinker, So the whole time, I'm like, Okay, did he accidentally swipe up and send that? Like? Was that on purpose? I was going through all of the motions. I just really hope that he truly met that fire emochi. But who knows.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, I think it's for the best that you guys weren't dming before, obviously, if you don't know what happens with your story with him, if there even is a story. But we have seen a lot of bad situations in the past with the show of people dming and talking before the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was since you both were going on paradise, it was the right move.
Speaker 2: I sorry, I mean to interrupt you. I think so too. It makes our relationship more organic, and honestly it made me more excited. Like there was all this hype around us. I didn't even know the man, so I was just excited to see how he was when I finally met him. But I was also kind of scared too, because I'm like, here's all this hype. Is it going to really live up to the hype? And so I was like, it's either going to go really well or it's going to crash and burn. So yeah, you know, just have to see what happens.
Speaker 1: So when you don't see him day one, are you? How upset?
Speaker 2: Are you? Oh? I'm crying, screaming, thrown up, Like I don't know, oh really?
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I try to play it cool. I'm like, oh, it's fine, Like maybe he's coming down later, maybe they're just doing this trick me. But like I'm freaking out inside. I'm talking to how much say, He's like, what's going on? He's not here. I like was breaking my neck the whole entire time watching people walk down the stairs and he never came. So I tried to play cool, but I don't know if I came across school probably.
Speaker 3: Was there any point where you were like if Evan's not coming, like I'm just gonna leave.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it was fair for me to have that attitude just because I like like the thought and the idea of us. But like I said, I didn't really know him, so I don't think it was fair to like put all of my eggs in his basket and he might get down there and be a person that I don't want any part of. So my options were still wide open. I really feel like I put myself out there. The first couple of hours of Paradise, I was like, Okay, he's not coming, Like, we got to develop a new game plan, we gotta start talking to people. So I was disappointed, but still excited to see who else could show me some interest.
Speaker 1: Were you shocked that you were the probably the most desired woman on the beach every I think, I want to say majority guys were asking you about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shocked as an understatement. The whole time literally flying to Mexico, I was thinking, I was like, if one person would just like be willing to talk to me, like that's all I need, maybe I can like swoon them with my personality. Never in a million years did I think not only one guy who want to talk to me, but a plethora of guys. So I was super surprised. I was excited, but then again I didn't know how to feel. It kind of made me nervous a little bit.
Speaker 3: Can you name off a few of the guys that you had conversations with that first day on the beach?
Speaker 2: No, So I remember two significant conversations. One was with Will and I just really enjoyed you started talking about family. I am a big family girl, so is he. So we connected instantly. And then I had a conversation with Braiden. Braiden is you know his personality, He's super easy to get along with, So it was just it felt right. We were both nurses, so we were able to connect and kind of relate in that aspect. But those who really caught my eye someone else who walked down on the beach that everyone was like, Oh my god, was Blake Moyn's. Because it's Blake Moynes. I didn't get to talk to him the first day on the beach. I was kind of bummed about that. But you'll see throughout the season kind of how our friendship progresses.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for our listeners later in the evening, you get the first stay card and you ask Will. But were you heavily considering Braiden or Blake? Were you even thinking maybe asking Blake?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? So I think going into it, Blake with someone I was interested and taking. But I never had a conversation with Man, and he's also Blake Moyne, so I'm like, I can't randomly take him and him not even think I'm cute and it's just awkward and he's miserable on the date. So I was definitely overthinking that. So that's why I kind of scratched him off the list. I honestly toy back and forth with Braiden and Will over and over again. The reason why I didn't pick Braiden is because I felt like he was kind of for the streets, if that makes sense. He gave off of he gave non commitment vibes off, and I was like, I'm really here for the real deal. I want an engagement out of this, and I don't know if I want to be caught up with someone like Braiden. So that's why I was John towards Will.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, so we see you ask Will on the date. Now we also see that there's kind of a love triangle unfolding here now, so we know that Will talk to you, and he also talked to Olivia and they shared a kiss, so as viewers were like, oh my god, what's to happen here?
Speaker 1: Which, Kylie, you were jealous? You got jealous? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you immediately like, screw.
Speaker 2: You for kissing another girl?
Speaker 3: But I'm going to take you on this day, but don't make you regret it.
Speaker 2: No. I think I was just so surprised by that because I feel like we had been in paradise for like thirty seconds, and I'm like, not only have you like connected with this girl, you've already kissed her, Like I feel behind, I feel like our relationships behind, Like what the heck, dude. I honestly felt very bad about taking Will from Olivia just because they had shared that kiss. They already obviously had a connection. But at the end of the day, like I said, it was the first day, if anything, they had maybe talked for an hour. I don't think it's fair that she instantly claimed him like that, So that's why I felt comfortable taking him. I do feel like Will could have handled it a little better. In regards to maybe pulling Olivia for a conversation to our date, just to kind of talk it over with her, make sure she feel comfortable about it. But I've been to the end of the day. I thought it was fair just because it was the first day, and like, it's not like they loved each other at that point, So.
Speaker 1: You don't believe in love a first Psychkilie, I do believe in love. It joking I for thirty seconds. I personally, I personally don't think you owed her a conversation, But do you wish are you? Do you wish you would have had a conversation with her or did you? We don't even know if you did or not. It just wasn't shown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so after it all played out, I really do feel guilty not having a conversation with her. But everything happened so quickly, like one I was still in shock that I even had in Zac season, I never had my name on a daycard, so this was completely new to me. So I think I was one shocked. I was stressed about the date. I was nervous, like there were so many emotions in my head that I just didn't think about it, and going into par guys. One thing, I did not want any part of this drama. So I feel like Olivia had a lot to say and I just wasn't really willing to fight back. I just like, at the end of the day, I'm not here for the girl drama. I'm here to find love and be serious about it.
Speaker 3: So we were wondering, So you and Olivia were obviously both on Zach season together. Are you guys close or are you friends? Are your friendly? Like, what is the relationship there?
Speaker 2: So Olivia and I she went home night one Zach season, so we never really had the opportunity to talk with one another. Yeah, she's explanning on actually moving to Charlotte. I live into Charlotte, So like, I'm like, hopefully you still want to hang out, we can still be bessies. Like, I don't have any hard feelings towards you. But prior to going on the show, like, I didn't really know much about her, so I think it was a lot different to you of a mindset. Okay, So if that was Mercedes or Jess or Cat and they had just kissed a boy, I would never think about taking him. But I'm just not that close to Olivia, So I was like, eh, I don't know if I have to step one on me one like might as well be her.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it.
Speaker 1: Was at the end of the day, at the end of the day. It's also it's also day one, and it is also in some aspect a competition, like everyone is competing to meet potentially the love of their life. So if you just backed off of Will because he had a thirty minute conversation with Olviya day one and they kissed, then you would be doing yourself with distresice. I I think I think.
Speaker 2: So too, and I Will and Ie conversation that day. It really just I kept going back to it. And so also, this is really random, but I was going through like different guys with my mom prior to going on the show, like showing guys that could potentially be on the beach, and I showed a picture of Will to my mom. My mom was like, Okay, Kylie, don't sleep on Will. Like I just have this weird feeling that like, you guys could actually like connect and something. So in the back of my mind the whole time when I was deciding, I was like, maybe it's God or like my mom's saying, like, hey, Kylie, don't sleep on Will, you should take him on the date. So I listened and I tug him, but ended up being a good day.
Speaker 3: Yes, you go on the date. You guys arrive and immediately Will ends up soaked in the pool. We like obviously felt horrible, but we're also kind of laughing. How were you not, Like you really held it together, you did a really good job.
Speaker 1: Well, And it also looked like you didn't really see it, Like.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, it happened so quickly when I tell you that. Like, at one point he was behind my chair being a gentleman and pulling it out for me, and the next thing I know, he's in the lake like literally bobbing water, and I'm like, oh, Like, it just happened so quickly. My first reaction was like, are you okay? Because I feel like you're really hurt right now. And he ended up like later on showing me this big fat bruise on his leg and he was like, yeah, I wasn't gonna tell you, but I was actually in so much pain, and I'm like, oh my god, Well we could have just ended the day like we didn't have to do it. But I know if it was me I probably would have been mortified and had to like move out of the country. So I was like, let me not make him feel guilty about this. We'll laugh about it, we'll joke about it. It was really hot and he got wet, so I was kind of jealous because I was over there sweating and at least he had some like breeze to kind of pull him off a little bit. Yeah, but poor guy, that's all.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, seriously, poor guy.
Speaker 2: No, I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's one of those things too, where like it looked like he stepped thinking there was ground and just went right into the pool. And Yeah, it was rough, but also maybe like a fun little icebreaker for you guys, like something to laugh about.
Speaker 2: It took the edge off for sure. I'm sad it happened to him, but then again, it's something how we can look back and laugh on it. Yeah, it was quite the experience.
Speaker 3: So when you guys were on that date, did you talk about Olivia all or like what to expect when you get back from the date, if he was going to talk to Olivia, what the dynamic was going to be there.
Speaker 2: No, So during our date, we didn't really focus we just kind of focused on our connection, our future relationship, and kind of what we were wanting out of the experience. I remember the next morning waking up by the pool and like eating breakfast together. I was like, I think you owe it to her to have a conversation. Our date went really really well. I know if I was her, I would want to have that same comp I would want that conversation from you. So although it's going to be hard and probably something that she's not going to want to hear, I think she deserves that. And I was kind of nervous too, because I'm like, Okay, well he had a connection with her. Who's to say that connection isn't stronger with her than it gets with me. So I was just kind of on the edge of my seat too, kind of waiting to see how he decided to gonna pick if he was either gonna pick me or her.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, But so mourning of you said, the date went really well, But are you really into him or was it just a nice thing?
Speaker 2: No, I will say I don't necessarily know if I felt that like immediate spark, But he has values everything that he was want like he wants out of life. Completely aligns with mine, and I think that I was willing to kind of take what we had and further throughout Paradise to see if we could grow and become stronger. But I wasn't one hundred percent certain that like Will was my guy and he was the one.
Speaker 1: But you did say if Justin Bieber came down, you would still not leave Will, which we all.
Speaker 3: Know is which is a lie, Kylie, it was a lie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh god, Yeah, you see. I say some crazy things sometimes I think if JB single JBS, I'm not trying to, you know, step on Haley Beaver's toes, but if he came down on that beach, I would leave any and everyone for him because I love him.
Speaker 3: There, I go.
Speaker 2: That's that's what and.
Speaker 1: That's what makes for good reality TV. Is you will say a lot of things and I do. I do the same thing. We just sometimes we just say things and then we look back and we're like, h you said that. So I Paradise just day one in general? Are you enjoying it? Are you happy you went?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it fun?
Speaker 2: So? I literally expected so much going into Paradise, Like I had such high hopes for myself and so going down day one literally having all of these conversations, having connections, and having my date my name on the first day card. Literally it was more than I could have imagined. So Day one went more than well, and I think it set me up for success throughout the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: So now we're on day two, and we started off your morning with a chat between Will and Olivia that as much as you weren't a part of it, I'm sure you were like kind of on the edge of your seat seeing what was happening there. And then we end the episode on day two with an introduction from avon your fire emoji man, how did you feel? And we can't get into it too much because we don't want to spoil anything. Obviously, the episode just ends with Avon coming down, but just to kind of tease, how did you feel seeing him enter the beach.
Speaker 2: I vividly remember I'm sitting at one of the picnic tables. Will's beside me. The cameras immediately look to the steps and it's even walking up and when I tell you, my whole body went numb. Literally my hands were like shaking. I was having an outer body experience. Basically, I was trying. It was not. No, I'm not okay, whobo, who do love a word?
Speaker 1: You're like, you're like Gary in faith. That's what.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing. No, we're not going to say. I like to play it cool. I try to play a little hard to get so I was trying to act cool, but inside I was literally dying and I had no clue if he was going to pull me for a chat. I also saw Rachel sitting across the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm going to stop you right here there, because I actually want to know were you worried at because you were waiting for Evan and then Rachel's down there. Were you worried about that connection at all?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely? I mean the last time you saw Evan he was circling back on Rachel during AFR. And you don't really hear much about how obviously they're not they weren't like together together, but you don't really know how that ended. Do they still talk? Are they still friends? Like he literally was in a like position to potentially become engaged to her. So I was verified just because it was just like the fear of the unknown.
Speaker 3: No, that makes sense. I would be nervous as well. Okay, well, can you tease anything for us for this season? And then we're gonna play a little game. Or do you have anything else you want to ask?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one more question and then we'll do that. Who are your girls on the beat right now? Do anyone you're really close with?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I am very lucky to be to have been surrounded by some of my bestest friends. Mercedes, we literally are like sisters. Everyone gets this confused, they say we look like and then Jess and Kat. I literally could not have survived the chaos of Paradise without all of them. So I'm excited for you to see like the four of us kind of get after it and how our Paradise experience goes nice.
Speaker 3: Nice. Should we do the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You want to play a game, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay. So this is rapid fire questions, nothing too crazy. It's all just fun, head first thing that comes your head.
Speaker 2: Ready, Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Okay. Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?
Speaker 2: I think it depends on the situation. I would say, can you be in the middle? I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an ambivert is like in the middle.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm an ambivert for sure.
Speaker 3: What is your go to paradise cocktail?
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, every single night I got a little tipsy off of white wine.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're not the only, not the first.
Speaker 3: Someone else said this too.
Speaker 2: I think it was always like two tequila shocks with an orange and then like a couple of glasses of wine.
Speaker 3: Gotcha right, that's a good order. That's a good order. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
Speaker 2: First thing I would buy if I won the lottery, I would probably buy a beach house. I newly became in love with the beach.
Speaker 3: And I wonder what ignited that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I got used to the elements in paradise there out.
Speaker 3: What is your go to pump up song?
Speaker 2: Go to pump up song? I would say God's plan. I was actually at the Drake Drake concert this past weekend.
Speaker 3: And how was it?
Speaker 2: It was amazing. So I'm on both nights and it was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: A Toronto man of my own heart. What is one item on your bucket list?
Speaker 2: I would say to be on the show Family Feud. I'm like obsessed with that show.
Speaker 1: We were at Family Feud kay, you might, you might make it there.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe one day.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey, Steve Harvey, we had a moment. I had a moment with Steve.
Speaker 3: Joe and him bonded they did. What is your love language?
Speaker 2: I would say acces of service.
Speaker 3: Do you have any deal breakers when it comes to dating?
Speaker 2: Do hope breakers? I would say lack of communication?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. What was your first concert you ever attended?
Speaker 2: My guy Justin Bieber JB. We know will not.
Speaker 3: Okay. What is your go to food order in Paradise?
Speaker 2: Go to food? Okay, So I remember vividly one night there was just chaos brewing down on the beach, and you know, I'm thriving. I can't tell you who I'm thriving with, but I'm upstairs and I am chowing down on a casadia while girls are crying, yelling, and I'm just like living my best life eating a case doa.
Speaker 3: The food don theer was so good I miss it. What is the most important item to bring to Paradise?
Speaker 2: I'm torn between bucks break because my whole body was a mosquito bite by the end of it.
Speaker 3: Or h we heard that your season was really bad for bugs.
Speaker 2: And no huh, okay, barely any crabs, but the bear monkeys. I want Brayden woke up with the bear monkey on his chest. I would immediately have to go back to Charlotte, There's no way. And the mosquitoes were really bad.
Speaker 3: So our season was so hot that there was no mosquitos. That was like the only benefit of the weather being insane. But the crabs were like everywhere, everywhere, Yeah, like in the shower, in the sink, like under your bed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, immediately Now.
Speaker 3: What was one word or what is one word to describe this upcoming season of Paradise?
Speaker 2: I would say unpredictable.
Speaker 3: Unpredictable. I like that. I feel like there is still a lot to unfold this season. I'm excited to see what happened.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see if Kylie is still love even.
Speaker 3: Okay or well or Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: We don't know, never know. Justin Bieber could have walked down those steps.
Speaker 3: So maybe recently recently secretly divorced and now he's with Kylie.
Speaker 2: You never know, Ladies and gentlemen, All.
Speaker 1: Right, Kylie, thank you so much for coming on, and thank you for everyone tuning in, and remember all new episodes of BP every Thursday on ABC at nine to eighth Central following The Golden Bachelor, or you can stream it the next day on.
Speaker 3: Hulu and make sure to tune into every new episode of Bachelor Happy Hour every week. We're gonna have some great guests on. We got all kinds of exclusive interviews coming up, so don't forget to subscribe. Bye, thank you, thanks bye,