Speaker 1: Real good to mom, transmitting their.
Speaker 2: Sliza Welcome to Monday Show, Morna Studio morning.
Speaker 3: I kind of love it, I kind of hate it.
Speaker 2: There's a couple selling tickets to their wedding, which is funny, but you better not ask for a gift. But I want to tell you more. Three hundred and thirty three dollars a ticket.
Speaker 1: Why that's a lot.
Speaker 2: So before I get into it, you getting married, or if you're going to a wedding, you do expect to have to spend some money for gift, for travel, for whatever. So that part if the ticket just covers, please you get to.
Speaker 3: Get us nothing. We don't want you to worry about it.
Speaker 2: It's fifty bucks. All good, I could understand that. Does it feel a bit tacky? Sure, Tachi is to the beholder, as I say, but I want to read you this story. It does seem a bit expensive. But quote, we sold tickets to our wedding. Nova Styles says of her twenty twenty three nuptials to her husband, explaining that the idea to do so came once they realized, well, it's gonna be pretty expensive.
Speaker 3: To have the wedding they wanted. Oh man, these people are nuts.
Speaker 2: No, that's because the twelve hour New York City celebration that they dreamed of with three hundred and fifty guests in attendance was about one hundred and fifty thousand dollars because venues moving from place to place.
Speaker 1: Twelve hour twelve hour hours.
Speaker 4: It was a long wedding.
Speaker 2: I'm not standing up for it's a whole day of celebration, and I'm not saying what they're doing is normal. I'm saying I could understand it if it were much cheaper and it were like, but don't buy us anything.
Speaker 3: However, this is not that these are goobers.
Speaker 2: Instead of giving up the dream, they are charging their guests three hundred and thirty three dollars to tend. For that fee, they're treated to a seat at Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
Speaker 1: Wooh okay, tell me more.
Speaker 3: You guys can be convinced normal, we might be.
Speaker 5: What's this?
Speaker 6: It's more of like you're getting an experience, So what am I paying for?
Speaker 2: Followed by a tour of select New York City landmarks and a double decker bus because most people aren't from New York, a stake, and a lobster reception at the Freedom Tower. No, no, all that's cool, but if you're you want that as your wedding, you need to pay for. If your wedding not go, this will be amazing. Let's sell tickets, but all that stuff might add up to three hundred.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me look at double duck.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't think they're taking advantage of the pricing. I think it's weird to ask for tickets and then do such big, bold things.
Speaker 3: That's an expensive ticket, tell us that's it.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: We get three where you get to see what two people get married love.
Speaker 2: So on the surface, I go, hey, we're getting married and lieu of gifts, here's a seventy five dollars ticket you can buy parentheses ticket. That's a stipend for what you would have paid for any sort of gift. I would get that because I feel like you're making it easier on people. This just feels like people who couldn't afford the wedding they want, and they're like, oh crap, what do we do. Let's get a double decker bus. We can't afford it, and three hundred and thirty three bucks a ticket.
Speaker 3: That is insane.
Speaker 7: What are you looking at I tour of groupond right now has it for sixty two dollars on the double decker bus for adults, fifty two dollars for children.
Speaker 3: You're talking about it probably your own bus. What if you get on thing? It's like with other random people. That kind of sucked, like I would want a private one from all over the world. I don't hate the idea.
Speaker 2: I think you can do whatever you want at your wedding, be as creative as you want to get. That one just hits a little funny because that ticket's super expensive and it's also doing like touristy things.
Speaker 3: It's like, for.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred bucks, we'll do this and we'll go watch Hamilton. And it's not even a frivate Hamilton. It's just what you would do anyway with that money. Yeah, but I commend them for being creative. I just thought it was kind of funny that it's to pay for a seat in the church they want because they can't afford it, a double decker bus and a reception they probably would want to be able to give people anyway if they could afford the wedding.
Speaker 1: Lobster and steak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a Freedom Tower day, I want to go to bite it now. Shooting bus Anonymous Simba.
Speaker 4: A question to be.
Speaker 3: Hello, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: My wife and I are in an ongoing argument about when it's appropriate to get rid of stuff that belongs to our children.
Speaker 3: I like to display there are schoolwork awards.
Speaker 2: We do it for a few weeks and then scan them with all the mount while she wants to keep stuff for months and then file them away. She says, well, wish we had them someday, but I think scanning them is enough, and we don't have room for all this stuff. Who's right here? How can I get her to be more reasonable? Signed decluttering Dad. So first of all, I think you both think you're reasonable, So I would just like to say that, Amy, I go to you first.
Speaker 6: I mean, think everyone's a little bit different on this, but I think there are ways to compromise.
Speaker 3: I think the compromise is great, like take an image.
Speaker 6: Of it, Yeah, the image, or go get a big clear plastic and you get your little binder situation, and you come up with the system that organizes everything neatly and keeps it all in one spot so that whoever wants to.
Speaker 1: Keep it gets to keep it. I mean, because that is the option.
Speaker 6: Like I've I've got lots of stuff from my childhood that my parents kept, and I think it's cool to look back on. But there's got to be tons of stuff they also threw away.
Speaker 3: Eddie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I'm glad. I'm not the only one.
Speaker 8: My wife and I argue about this all the time, but we have a bin where we go stuff in. But I want to get rid of the bin because like when I look back, like I have one little Christmas tree decoration that I made when I was in third grade, but that's and that's cool enough for me. Like I'm not like, where's all my other stuff? I don't think kids really care about all the stuff that they did. Trophies are one thing. I don't think it's way for the kids though, right, and for the parents more than the kids. I don't think we get older, I want to see the stuff we did. It's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think that it can be for both.
Speaker 6: Like I don't know why my parents held onto some of my things. What I'm saying is as an adult now, once they passed away, I sort of have it all and I'm like, oh, this is so cool that I still have this like some of my trophies or ribbons or letters or cards.
Speaker 3: All those Yeah, no, no, but countless trophies.
Speaker 6: So I moved recently, and that's what I did. I have one big clear plastic bin, clear so I can see through it. I know what's in there, and because I need access to it, and that's where it's.
Speaker 1: Going to stay, and it's up in the attic and I know where it is.
Speaker 2: What I would say, you could do something that makes sense where let's say I like to bin, but you have one bin a year, and when it's full for the year, you can put nothing else in it.
Speaker 3: You have to decide what goes into that bin the whole year after that year.
Speaker 1: I was thinking a bin for like their life.
Speaker 3: Do you want to have eighteen? Is the bin is like a small bin like a tupperware? I think a topperware?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, you can have Okay, we have this many bins, or we can do this much a year, keep whatever you want. That way you both win and you both lose a little. Yeah, but I don't have any.
Speaker 6: Kids, Like do you keep stuff though? Like my wife, you know, like your own stuff, Like do you do you have anything from your childhood.
Speaker 3: No, nobody kept anything. You're talking about have parents, I don't have a frustrator.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean nothing was kept somewhere anywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't have anything.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't it be nice if you did?
Speaker 3: Okay? And that it would be really nice?
Speaker 1: I know I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And he's like, wouldn't it be great if your childhood was so much healthier and better?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: What I My sister gave me a picture book, like a book of pictures when I was like twenty one. So I have a few pictures, but there's not a lot. And most of the pictures of just me say proof on the front of them. We just take them from because we can't afford pictures. That was what the free one.
Speaker 7: Well, wouldn't you like to have some of the stuffer when you were a kid? Here what I'm saying, So you want them to save? Its sort of like my trophies and awards. My mom used to work at a all timer's home and she was having like a shop petition where.
Speaker 3: They were wings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she was trying to do Olympics and she was gonna give my trophies and medals this price, I.
Speaker 4: Said, oh no, ma'am. No, ma'am. So they're still my parents house.
Speaker 2: So the older people that were suffering from a disease to not get to use your medals, so you could keep them and just remember they're there and not actually.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent. My parents like painted my brother and sister's room. No, my posters are still in my room. No, ma'am, no, ma'am, no, ma'am.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for the email. There you go, that's the anonymous inbox.
Speaker 2: Jason's on the phone with us. You guys will remember Jason. He like played college ball. He's an artist. Oh yeah, we talked to him a couple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baseball, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Good looking dude. I'm jealous of everything about him. Young, good looking, can sing. He's like pursuing his dreams now. So we've had a kind of a relationship with Jason as he's been updating us.
Speaker 3: Jason, what's up, buddy, what's going on in garth Arth?
Speaker 2: You guys remember that we tried to change his name, because here's the thing about Jason. His last name is like arns Are Yeah, And I was like, dude, you gotta do something we can remember or spell. And I was like, how about garth Arth, but his name is say your name Jason.
Speaker 5: Jason aren't all right?
Speaker 3: Okay, alight, but you're how are you spelling it now?
Speaker 5: So the D well, I'm spelling it the same way I always have.
Speaker 2: The D.
Speaker 5: So if you take the D and turn it into an apostrophe, like or not, you just say it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I see what I'm saying. I garth Arth is what I still think it should be. Jason. What's happening with your career?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You've been touring well, so yeah, we've been doing our thing.
Speaker 5: We Actually something cool is happening this weekend. I get to open for Joe Nichols, which is cool.
Speaker 4: That is cool.
Speaker 5: That would be exciting And I'm excited to meet him because I've listened to him my whole life.
Speaker 3: So that's cool.
Speaker 2: I know Joe pretty well. Tell Joe that you talk to me about every month or so. Joe's the Arkansas guy like me. Yeah, We'll like go to games together and stuff sometimes. That's super cool. How'd you get that gig?
Speaker 5: Just kind of playing playing around knowing some people around here that a couple of the big show bookers have been trying to find people to open and that's kind of something that I've been starting to do, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Oh cool? And what else have been going on.
Speaker 5: This past weekend? I got to play my first headlining kind of ticket show and we sold that, I don't know, fifteen hundred tickets or something like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you sold over a thousand hard tickets people that bought tickets just to watch you. Yes, sir, that's the hardest thing to do, is so hard tickets. Be it fifty tickets, one hundred, you sold fifteen hundred.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir. How much were the tickets fifteen or twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which doesn't even matter, right, How did you sell fifteen hundred?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: It happened to be in the same town as my college town, so it was it kind of helped a little bit, of course playing baseball and everything.
Speaker 3: That's all right. Like Luke Combs, you know where he started, right where he went to school?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Wow, dude, I'm really proud for you. That's super cool because it just spreads from there. And so how was it? How was it you get a guarantee on that? Like what was your cot? I don't need to know the money amount, but was that like your highest paying show?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Are you selling it definitely does a lot better than college shows.
Speaker 2: Are you selling a good amount of merch even though your name is spelled terribly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've actually, especially lately, the merch has actually been doing a lot, so that's been really cool too.
Speaker 3: What do you have up to stream right now? What's like? What's the song?
Speaker 5: I got three songs. The one that's been streamed the most is my most recent one mo July. That one's been been doing really well lately.
Speaker 3: Do you want us to play a little bit of that on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: You know, it's weird. We haven't got any of that merch. It's weird.
Speaker 5: D I have to get I have to get Garth's merch before I can send that, y'all.
Speaker 9: We thought that I forgot. He spells his name Jason with why. Yeah, the whole thing is spelled terribly. I like him, I'm jealous in every way. His talent, he's good looking, his athlete, everything's part. But he just spells his name the worst I've ever seen a human spell both parts of the name. Not his fault, his parents did it, but he can he could change it, like Jason al Dean's name is not really wait, is not really Jason Alden.
Speaker 3: What's his stage name?
Speaker 2: His middle name is like al Dine, So he made it and here here Joyson kept his name though. I admire it, but I can't. I can never remember the spelling. Oh that's cool, man, Well, that that is. We're rooting for you, dude. That's that's super cool. We're gonna play a little bit of your song. Here.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at this page now.
Speaker 2: He's over twenty thousand followers Country Music North Carolina.
Speaker 3: We'll link him if you guys care. I like Jason. I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: There's nothing about him I should like because it's like everything I wanted to be and I'm not that, and I should just be jealous.
Speaker 3: He's got muscles.
Speaker 2: He's a big dude, good looking guy, like looks cool when he does like a hand thing, like a like in a picture. You know some people do like peace like. He can do a hand thing and not look like an idiot. I can never do a hand thing a Jason, good to talk to you, buddy. We're gonna play a little bit of your song and call us in a month or so. Let us know what's going on. We're anxious to hear how it's going.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, man, I will all.
Speaker 3: Right, buddy, see you later.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By it's time for the good news.
Speaker 6: Lanne Vance from Henderson, Kentucky sent four hundred dollars to someone on Facebook claiming to work for an inflatable rental company. So Liam was celebrating her fifty fifth birthday, but she wanted this inflatable at the party for her grandkids to play on. So she was like, okay, yeah, here's the four hundred, deliver it this day. Well, the minute she sent the four hundred, communication stopped, so it wasn't really somebody with the inflatable company. The story aired on the local news and a lot of people that saw the story decided to step forward. They provided a bounce house and a water slide for her birthday party for her grandkids.
Speaker 3: And they're stupid low if they're bounce house scam you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Like what happened to the old day is like I'm hot, I'll be your girlfriend, give me some money.
Speaker 4: Now they go up to the kid.
Speaker 3: Man, it's terrible grandma's and kids bounce houses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she said the community's generosity it's been like one of the biggest joys ever.
Speaker 1: So it's cool.
Speaker 3: I like it. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 3: Hey, Morgan, Harry Potter. What's the name?
Speaker 2: They don't say, Oh, Valdemart and what I'm sorry. I've never read the books. I respect him, never seen the movies, I respect them. Why don't they say the name?
Speaker 6: Well, he's the main villain, And basically it's kind of like.
Speaker 4: A Boogeyman type situation. If you kind of say the.
Speaker 3: Name, he shows up. It's like Beetlejuice. No, but like that's kind kind of the vibe of it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't actually show up, but that's the vibe, like, don't speak about him because he's the darkness. By the way, Beetle Juice awesome. Back in the day, the new Beetle Juice coming out, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice three. It's beetle Juice. Wait, yes, three, Beetlejuice.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on?
Speaker 3: Is the movie called Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what we're saying, you get to say it three times to get him to come out right right right. But the new movie I'm looking forward to Beetle Juice.
Speaker 3: Beetle Juice because the first one was so good.
Speaker 2: So you don't say Voldemort, you don't say beetle juice three times. And there's a word that we don't like to say on this show because it brings up bad thoughts and memories.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know the word palette? I figured palette.
Speaker 2: So the palette is something we all put our money into, and we bought this palette. It's a palette of Amazon returns. We didn't know what was in it, and we were very excited to make money by selling the stuff individually. It turned to a massive fight within us. We just stopped talking about it. We said we're not doing this as a bit. However, Lunchbox continues, drip by drip to tell me that the palette is making people very happy still to this day.
Speaker 3: So what is the latest.
Speaker 7: Some guy called in and said he broke his toilet seat and knew that we had toilet seats from the palette and he would love to have a toilet seat from the pallet. So I was like, man, I'm gonna call him and sell him one. But Bobby was like, no, you need to give it to him for free.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: And so I called the dude back and made his dreams come from.
Speaker 3: We have the call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, heh, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: Is this toilet seat guy?
Speaker 3: Yes, a toilet seat guy?
Speaker 4: Man, what's up? It's lunchbox? No freaking way. What's a lunchbox? Dude?
Speaker 7: What is your name? I just know you. You want to put your butt on our toilet seat?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, let go.
Speaker 10: My name is Carter Man.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 7: We're gonna make dreams come true today because this is what we do. I mean, I was gonna sell it to you, and Bobby said that I have to give it to you for for free.
Speaker 5: That is freaking awesome.
Speaker 10: I wants to toilet seat, lunch box, and I will give you my address.
Speaker 7: Hey man, We're gonna make you a toilet see congratulations, have a great day.
Speaker 4: We're making dreams come true, one crap at.
Speaker 3: A time, one crap out of time.
Speaker 10: Dreams are coming true.
Speaker 5: God, thank you'all.
Speaker 3: Two things, how do we know if it's a toilet Are they universal?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Two do we send them when we all signed?
Speaker 4: We're gonna sign it.
Speaker 1: But not on the top, on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's sign it and he sits on it. Guys, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: You can do it underneath when you lift it.
Speaker 3: Why would we want that? How many do we have?
Speaker 4: I think we have three remaining.
Speaker 2: No, we send them one and we all sign it and he sits on it. Yes, why would you not want that?
Speaker 1: Why would you want that?
Speaker 3: Because that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna pick what you want? Do you want back? But do you want sign like big?
Speaker 3: Like where do you sign it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go right in the middle of the back, so I get a little crack. It's a little feelings. See the palette although made us miserable and really hate each other for all while he's making some people happy.
Speaker 1: He sounded pretty happy.
Speaker 3: So death tell me something good, So we'll sign up. We'll mail it off today.
Speaker 2: Nice story is about an eight year old beating up an armed robber. It's interesting a couple of reasons. From CBS News. An armed robber in Minnesota was beaten back by an eight year old girl with a baseball bat.
Speaker 3: Okay, so cool headline. We like it.
Speaker 2: It was back to business after a big scare at big Discount liquors. An armed robber was beaten back by an eight year old girl in her baseball bat. Thirty seven year old his name was Connor or something of Saint Paul, which charged his first degree attempted aggravated robbery. The store manager says he was preparing to close the store around nine thirty pm and the guy the robbers walking around the store. Quote, he put the gun on the table, said give me the money and everything in the register. And I said, yes, I'll give you everything. Behind the counter was his eight year old daughter's being robbed. He said that he tried to reason with the robber, say hey, take all the money. I just want to keep my daughter safe. Valence video shows the guy with a gun, then walks behind the counter with a gun, and so the dad punches the guy and they start fighting. And then you see the little girl with the bad and she starts beating the crap out of him.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: So his daughter hits suspect, just just whacking them, right, I'm sure I'm thinking about this video.
Speaker 3: How humiliating for the robber. He's on video now getting beat up by an eight year old. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Aside from everything else, like all that sucks, Like he's robbing, there's a kid, Dad's getting beat up.
Speaker 2: Every gonna be traumatizing to see this. But what I thought about most was this colin, this robber who eventually we'll probably get out of jail, has got to go back to his homies and they're gonna be like, got beat up by eight year old Nuah.
Speaker 4: Oh, people in jail are gonna be like, hey, what are you in for? Robbery?
Speaker 7: Oh you're that dude on the Newsy She takes.
Speaker 2: The bat and it starts all whacking up. That's awesome, hilarious. So I hope he never gets out of prison, or maybe he goes in rehabilitates, rehabilitates himself, gets a degree, and change his lives. But he will always be the guy that got beat up by the eight year old and that's hilarious. Also, like, man, I don't know if you have your kid right behind the counter it's a liquor store. Now you have them in the back. I don't care about a kid at a liquor store. That's fine, it's it's your business. But like maybe if you're closing, oh.
Speaker 1: Gosh, you just never would imagine that you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Robbed at Elker store. I think every I think it every man.
Speaker 4: That would be the um one place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's closing.
Speaker 8: There's liquor like all the ones I've been to, have bars all over.
Speaker 2: Quick recap. Lunchbox was the coach of his rec league soccer team. They won their season, so the league sent them a gift card for his whole team, except he didn't give it to the team.
Speaker 3: He kept for all himself.
Speaker 9: That yeah, it was about to expire, but you still could have shared.
Speaker 3: Here's a voicemail we got to buy that morning studio.
Speaker 10: I'm listening to the segment about if Lunchbox is getchy for keeping the gift cards his team and.
Speaker 3: I had a kind of similar situation that I wanted to know if I was sketchy.
Speaker 10: I had collected the money for a gift for our boss, and we decided on a place that offered one of those like bonus if you found one.
Speaker 3: Hundred, you get an extra twenty five dollars gift card, And.
Speaker 10: So we collected money.
Speaker 3: I went and bought the gift card, and then I.
Speaker 10: Kept the bonus gift card. Did that Getty?
Speaker 11: Let me go?
Speaker 2: No, it's not the same because that wasn't really part of what the deal was. I mean, it's not, you know, I going to Heaven for it for you don't get free ticket to heaven. But you're also not taking the train down to Hellsville because what you were doing is going to get one hundred bucks whatever for the boss who knew there was a little extra there. Lunchbox was getting an entire gift certificate for the whole team. He just kept it all like he bought that ticket then Hellsville what.
Speaker 4: Was like hundred and fifty bucks. It was great dinner.
Speaker 3: It's not the most integrity filmed thing, Caaller, but it's not bad because nobody knew. The rest of the team knows that he spent all the money that it was for them. I appreciate that though.
Speaker 4: Pile of stories.
Speaker 1: So we're always looking for ways to get good sleep.
Speaker 6: And I saw an article today from doctor Nick Poppus from the New York Post talking about four things we can do for a perfect nice sleep, and I'm like, four that's attainable.
Speaker 3: Only four d.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: Only in one of them is a pill one and before okay, go ahead, blackout curtains in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: You have those, yes, because at times, depending on the daylight savings, it's still light when I need to fall asleep because of this job.
Speaker 3: So I do have those.
Speaker 2: What's tough is when I go to a hotel and I have the same thing and it's still sunny and I need to go to sleep, so I just I carry a comforter along with me and tape it to the wall.
Speaker 3: Ever I go, oh, yeah, it is. It's a terrible idea.
Speaker 6: I just moved and don't have any curtains yet, and I just realized one of my windows like that one of my neighbors could perfectly see in.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, okay, I need to tape something to the wall.
Speaker 3: Asap, or may you find out you like that?
Speaker 1: No, not my thing.
Speaker 6: Screen time cut off time, which we talk about all the time, but thirty minutes before bed because even though we talk about this, we read it, we know I'm still looking at my screen or watching something right before bed.
Speaker 1: And I was a cue air pure fire in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I'm on my screen while I sleep. We have an air pureifire in the bedroom, and we have a nice one. I think the thing is who knows if it even works. It's like someone who says they died and came back to life can't prove it. Like we have this air purifire and it's.
Speaker 3: Cleaning up the air, But I mean, how do I know.
Speaker 6: Well, A sleep prooundation says that nighttime allergy symptoms like congestion, coffee knows, throat irritation that can make it challenging for you to sleep and you don't even realize it's happening.
Speaker 2: And I have bad allergies although I did miss my allergy shot yet Friday.
Speaker 4: Wait, you got a reminder.
Speaker 6: You said I've got to get my allergy shot today.
Speaker 8: No, he actually got the reminder and said I don't have an allergy appointment to there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was like eight things that happened wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, anyway, move on, because I was so irritated because when I finally went, because I did go, and I grabbed the door handle and I was like, oh my god, I finally remember it down the door.
Speaker 3: It's over doors locked. So anyway, I'm very allergic to today. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, the final thing, which is the pill thing and it's magnesium. Thirty minutes before bedtime, that's this doctor's final step.
Speaker 3: Is that what they call an edible?
Speaker 6: No, it's amuseium.
Speaker 1: All right. Oreo flavored Coca.
Speaker 3: Cola sounds good. I don't really think that right now.
Speaker 2: It sounds good in my head, but I like the two flavors, and I can see where they'd mix.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then get this Coca Cola flavored Oreos.
Speaker 1: We're getting one.
Speaker 3: I think that's I'm not is that the same thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like one just crunchy one, just a liquid. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I think that's probably pretty good. I like co Cola, I like Oreos, and it's not like I like mustard and I like coconut pie, where they don't go together at all.
Speaker 3: I think those go together fine, both sugary.
Speaker 6: They're rolling out into stores next month, so you can look for them. I always like looking at trying out all the different Oreo flavors.
Speaker 3: You do, I mean, I like it. I never think about let me try all the different flavors.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, wuldn't be got of story. And I'm like looking at it, I'm like, oh huh, that's a new one. That's a new one.
Speaker 2: That's also what I have to help me go to sleep at night. That was my fifth one that you had oreos and coke. Hel's me go right to sleep.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I saw this whole thing about productive people sharing tips that help them focus, so if you're not as productive, you can take their advice. And one of the top things was taking five minutes at night to sit down and go over a to do list for the next day.
Speaker 2: The problem with things like this you have to be productive. You even want to sit down and make the list, so you're going to be more productive. If you're not, we need you to sit down at night and make a list. Well, we have to be productive even sit down and make the list, right, So it's hard. There are little short shortcuts that you can take in order to keep you from being less productive. Meaning I lay my clothes out almost every day. I don't think it takes more than five minutes, but I know if I'm happened to be running late, if this morning, Ella would she just wanted to play ball at four point thirty in the morning, and she just kept bringing me the ball, and so I had ten minutes to go play ball in the dark with her because I knew she so, but my clothes already laid out. Another one is the hardest thing for people and me too. It's not a productive thing, but it's just to start. Doesn't matter what it is. Just start. Meaning if you're like I do not want to work out. I hate working out, by the way, the best thing for me to do, because I'm gonna hate it is you start. Just go and start, even though it sucks. If you know you're gonna do it anyway, get it over with because it's gonna suck. But you might as well get the sucking over with early. But you're not gonna be more productive by doing things you already wouldn't do if you weren't productive anyway. So otherwise, just get a productive friend of kicking the butts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could be that friend.
Speaker 3: No, I'm busy. You got no more people to call and tell it. Be productive?
Speaker 6: They say, keep a notepad by your night stand and then maybe that will help.
Speaker 3: Okay, this person's not that productive. Whoever made all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Keep notes on your phone, and if you really can't remember to go to your notes, keep part of it on your screen. Then you always see as long as you're loved at your screen, you'll always see the goals the little agendas you have for that day and you can x amount.
Speaker 3: I love exce and stuff out. Everything I have is be black and stuff out.
Speaker 6: Once it's done, it's very satisfying. So that could be another thing.
Speaker 1: Check it off.
Speaker 2: The best thing if you want to be productive, that I would recommend anybody have a lot of childhood trauma where you grow up very poor and alone, because then you have to get things done or you think you'll be back being poor and alone.
Speaker 3: Oh doesn't sound healthy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying, if you really want to be productive, it's involves a lot of childhood trauma.
Speaker 4: So that's the number one.
Speaker 3: That's number one for sure.
Speaker 2: It's like have a dad that left when you were a kid, you know, addiction and having to figure out to make it on your own, because then you'll be like, if I'm not productive, I'm going to go back to that life.
Speaker 3: That's what I would.
Speaker 1: Say, Live and fear.
Speaker 3: Absolutely got it. Now we have it noted.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe that's my pile.
Speaker 4: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 7: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: So is it getting hotter just generally or are we getting older or always getting hot?
Speaker 4: But right?
Speaker 2: But I mean we're also because back as as a kid, I was like this is nothing my twenties, like this is not I go.
Speaker 3: It's like like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Like this sucks, like it's so hot and so not easy to stay cool when it's just hot. And Jennifer Jordan she would always do stuff for the homeless anyway, but she's like, man, especially now, like you're homeless, the weather is crushing you.
Speaker 3: So she walks.
Speaker 2: He just popsicles, big things and popsicles, and she makes a remission to walk around in Boise, Idaho and pass out popsicles and frozen fruit people living on the streets. And she's like it's not like something that because she didn't have a million dollars or anything, but just stuff like that because it is so hot, to help people. I thought it was a great story. Jennifer Jordan, awesome, that's from KTVB. We love sharing that. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: These people got trapped in the Gateway arch in Saint Louis. I've been in that thing, and hey, Saint Louis, I love you. I ain't never going up in that thing again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you go and you get a little little pod and then it click and it doesn't go straight up because it's.
Speaker 3: An r A curve.
Speaker 4: Think about that.
Speaker 2: And then at the top you get out and you like walk and it's like windy and then moves.
Speaker 3: I don't like heights anyway.
Speaker 7: And it's not very big, like you don't feel like like it's you feel.
Speaker 4: Kind of crammed in there.
Speaker 3: Agree, it's tight, yeah, all of it.
Speaker 2: I'd much want to look at it as a drive by, which we go to say those couple times a year.
Speaker 3: Love to look at it from the ground. Don't like being in it.
Speaker 2: These people they get in it and next thing you know, they're stuck for like two hours, two dozen tourists. We're stranded for Can you imagine you're stuck? I would be thinking something wrong with it, like we're stuck. We need more information. Do they think that there's a bomb on it? Do they think that that watch? I would spire a lot of control. It's like people that get stuck out of Ferris wheels and now I don't think there's bombs on those Ferris whells or whatever that's what it's called, right, And they're just on top and then or like a roller coaster or something outside, my head would be so.
Speaker 3: Red with blood.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I can do that would be terrible, So big shout out to these people. The cause of malfunction is under investigation. The north leg of the art remains closed until repairs are complete. It's the second time of two years passages have been stranded inside the arts. They're averaging about one a year. So if I were got to wait till that one happens each year and then go fad stings All right, Time for the Morning Corny.
Speaker 4: The Morning Corny.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about the guy that evaporated? No, he'll be missed.
Speaker 3: M I s T. That was the Morning Corny.
Speaker 2: Pretty good one. Let's go to Jarra in Florida. Hey, Jara, you're on the show. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 10: So I just have a question, almost wondering if you guys could do a segment of the worst stands that you've fallen. And the reason I say this because I remember like a year ago when Amy fell for the scam. But I think it was like a prisoner had just got out and he came to the door and he was selling Amy something and Amy pride with him and Amy games through person her credit card number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she bought the magazines and never really happened. Magazine never really happened. Yeah, I think we could spend an hour on Amy's yeah alone, That.
Speaker 1: One right there is probably my worst.
Speaker 2: You think about the cat. Oh yeah, Amy bought like this really expensive cat, but hyperde h.
Speaker 1: It was a deposit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she gave a deposit and then she never got the cat, and then we went after him on the show and all of a sudden she got her deposit back, but like they weren't going to give it back to her.
Speaker 4: No chance. That was the biggest scam ever she.
Speaker 3: Had scam for that.
Speaker 1: You were in Louisiana.
Speaker 3: That was a tough one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've been very fortunate as far as like scams and links for me. Somebody used my credit card a Bojangles last week and I canceled it immally.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: Gone, and I was like, some is my credit card a bo Jangles canceled, canceled, cancel, But I think my number just got out and I have LifeLock.
Speaker 3: No one went to bow Jangles. Your wife didn't god to bow Jangles. I hit her up, you have Bojangles? Nope, he canceled the card.
Speaker 2: Uh so, I think my lunchbox back in the day day maybe was the first one to get semi scam because he clicked the link.
Speaker 3: He thought he was on the news.
Speaker 4: Hey, look you were on the news. What I was on the news?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't me, but it's just the link they were fishing. Oh, they got him good like trying to get them.
Speaker 6: The biggest that doesn't come off is scam. Scam, but it definitely. Ray got scammed when he thought he was modeling for Express and he showed up and took pictures in a basement.
Speaker 1: Scam different a.
Speaker 3: Good job of putting it right now because it's off you, because this is the.
Speaker 1: Worst, definitely the worst.
Speaker 2: Ray was approached by a photographer. It was like, hey, I'm shooting for Express the store in the mall. Yeah, and so would come down into my basement and Ray got in his underwear and like on the bed, on the bed and took all these.
Speaker 3: Pictures and just as underwear they ever ever surfaced.
Speaker 4: They weird, never made the magazine, never was.
Speaker 3: In a pamphlet.
Speaker 2: The guy we don't even know if the guy was actually a photographer or if the camera had film.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sure it had.
Speaker 2: Documenting looking back ray, yeah, pretty like do you hate kind of hate that happened for sure?
Speaker 3: Scammed? Yeah, and it was a learning experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah what does this mean?
Speaker 3: Like you were there like naked basically. Yeah.
Speaker 11: And then after the fact I did realize that's the reason he wanted me to drink. You know, Oh wow, he wanted you to drink. He said, there's a fridge, you can have drinks. You're more comfortable when you're drinking.
Speaker 3: And so how unclothed did you get my underwear?
Speaker 2: And like you were laying in the bed like spread eagle, like were you like doing like on all fours? Like how was he having you modeled the underwear normally they wanted to.
Speaker 11: I guess he was saying there trying to promote it as a lounge wear. So but all this stuff now, this that everybody's wearing, all this relaxed fit clothing.
Speaker 3: I was the start of it years ago with this guy.
Speaker 11: And he said, people we're gonna now be more comfortable and underwearing briefs and stuff like that on their couch.
Speaker 3: So that's how it was modeling. So you were wearing briefs on a.
Speaker 2: Couch and was he getting really close to you, like take a picture like close ups?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was for a magazine, but it.
Speaker 2: Was it was You can't argue that, but yes, yes, Was there anyone else there? Ray like it was just you two like a lighting director? No, it was just him, but he did say there were other people getting filmed later in the y. Was there any chance that you were changing and there were pictures taking a view that you didn't know?
Speaker 9: Eh?
Speaker 2: I think that was before webcams and secrets stuff like that. Okay, I think that's then the leader in the clubhouse of in the past. How we.
Speaker 3: Eddie any you've been scanned?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: I just remember when we were moving to Nashville.
Speaker 8: I saw a house for a rent for like two hundred dollars a month and it was awesome and it was huge, and then when I called them, they were like, no, this is not for rent and it ended up being yeah, Nigerian prince. So but I called the real owner and they're like, this is not for rent. So this is you were interested in the scan?
Speaker 2: I was ready to do it. Yeah, that sound pretty fun A good deal, Yeah, but I didn't fall for it. Lunchbox had seen a new one.
Speaker 7: What was the I got a text message and it says, hello, my name is Evelyn Thornton and I'm a recruiter.
Speaker 4: It's simply hired.
Speaker 7: We offer full time and part time jobs, and we've had your resume sent to us and recommended by several online recruiters. So we'd like to offer you a part time job or full time, depending on what you're interested in. The work is simple and all you needed is a smartphone computer to get the job done.
Speaker 4: Daily wages range from two But then it clicked you click a link?
Speaker 3: Did you click it? No?
Speaker 4: Because here's my thing. I don't have a resume, so I knew that wasn't for me.
Speaker 7: But I thought if you were looking for a job and you would sit your resume out, you would think, oh, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Someone has contacted me about a job.
Speaker 3: Or this actually could be a thing and they just have the wrong number down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they're shooting their shot. Maybe they're spreading the net.
Speaker 2: Wait, this wasn't a scam. It's more of a catfish. I got catfish and I was like twenty six.
Speaker 4: Oh this.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a guest jeans model who wanted to say what up? And like I talked to her, but a webcam was always broken. Brief Yeah, and then turns out it was a dude who was like getting money from other men. Didn't make the news story and I luckily didn't. I didn't pay him that much, but so it was just much no nothing. But I brought him on the air thinking it was a girl to prove to them. I was like, guys, you'll never believe somebody actually likes me a guest jeans model, and they were like, no way. And then we put her on and she came on the show sound a drunks crap came on the show. And turned out it was like a really small man who had made a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Off the sea.
Speaker 1: I mean, lots of people, we.
Speaker 2: All, you know, we're pretty scared wild.
Speaker 1: You got caught up in that.
Speaker 3: I think it caught up because nothing happened to me.
Speaker 6: You were in it, though, he got when we were like Bobby, we were questioning this guest Jean's model being inside.
Speaker 2: Three because nobody ever wanted to go on Yeah, oh yes, I was like I wasn't mad at you. I was so happy for me because it was like, oh.
Speaker 1: You were defensive. Yeah, we were questioning.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't but there's finally a girl that likes me, and you guys are fight That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I felt so insulted. This is the story here from twenty ten.
Speaker 2: They had been in contact for months from ABC News when the woman who identified herself as bre Condon made the first request for money. Mark Puelo said they met online, exchange telephone calls and emails. Brie had sent pictures of herself, but they'd never met in person. According to the AFFI David, he had sent ten thousand dollars to bre Condon. Luckily I was broke in I'm be honest with you because that might have been a different story then. But yeah, I was just so insulted because there were no girls that wanted to date me and finally there was a model, and they were like, there's no chance, and I was like.
Speaker 3: You guys are so mean, and it was a little man. It's a little man, but yeah, j are we been through it a little bit over here.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you for so much your story that you brought up a lot.
Speaker 3: Of hurt, a lot of paths, a lot of hurt that this is kind of still there.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a great day, Jar, Thank you for listening to the show.
Speaker 3: So a person goes in for colonoscopy.
Speaker 2: I've had one myself because I have crazy digestion issues.
Speaker 3: And the doctor's like.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take this too, place it right up the old butt. And the patient's going, oh my god, stop stop ow. It's hard and you're not really supposed to be able to feel not at all. It's a they knock you out right. The doctor couldn't hear the patient because his hearing aids weren't in Let me just walk you through the story of Florida. Gastro has been disciplined after recent colonoscopy procedures, one where he couldn't hear an improperly sedated patient screams because he wasn't wearing his hearing aids. Seeing here's where it gets tricky. Eighty four year old Oh, I know, I know, I know, I know. Eighty four year old doctor Persad has been placed on probation. Both colons took place on the same day, which would make sense he didn't have his hearing aids on that one day during the first they said the doctor was to have improperly delegated medical task to a surgical tech who did not have a license to practice medicine.
Speaker 3: Well, that feels like it's also not good.
Speaker 2: The tech was instructed to perform at least one task from a list, including scope insertion, which when that happens if not done correctly, I can assume if not being properly sedated would not feel good. Doc. That hurts, Doc, that hurts doctor, Dog, Doc's over there on candy crushing at eighty four?
Speaker 3: That stinks? Think you would eighty four?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I would say, you think you'd have the mindfulness to go, Okay, going into a doctor today, must turn my hearing aids on.
Speaker 3: But then you're also eighty four.
Speaker 4: You forget things?
Speaker 3: How much my.
Speaker 7: If I walk into office this eighty four year old doctor, I'm out walk right out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see you, and probably universally.
Speaker 2: Not every eighty four year old is terrible doctor, But I would, I mean, I think there's probably if you're eighty price is not a.
Speaker 1: Good How many eighty four year old doctors are there?
Speaker 3: Though? Open?
Speaker 2: Okay, we almost had two candidates run, there'll be eighties in their presidency right with one left.
Speaker 3: Right. So we're acting like that's a good point.
Speaker 4: I don't think I get in a car with an eighty year old driving. Yeah, I hear you, So I'm not letting them operate.
Speaker 2: That point is I bet every eighty year old doctor isn't bad, but there's only like one, one or two good ones like Llion eighty.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep wanting to do what we do.
Speaker 3: I won't. No, I'm retiring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be retired for doing for sure.
Speaker 3: Virtual podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for eighty year olds out there everywhere, they feel like they're being hated against. So shout out to that doctor who gave eighty years of service. Yeah, well not quite as four then, but who gave sixty years of good quality service. Maybe we take a deep breath, we play some golf. We called to day, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: The first story a woman was escorted off in aircraft because she refused to put her Louis Vuitton bag on the floor for takeoff. So the bag is about three thousand dollars. It was August tenth, so we're looking at a little over a week ago, and they said, Hey, which put your bag? Wasn't even about really the bag. They don't really know the bag. If they do, it doesn't matter. But if you fly, there are safety rules you have to follow, Like, for a minute, put your bag underneath the seat if you don't put it above, Like that's the rule. The thing is, if you are carrying a three thousand dollars Louveton handbag, you should be able to lay that on the ground because that three thousand dollars shouldn't affect you so much or get you kicked off a flight if you.
Speaker 3: Don't put it on the ground. Yeah, it's like in college.
Speaker 2: I had friends that would buy cars that they could not afford, and so when anything went wrong with it, they couldn't fix it because they couldn't afford the car that they just bought. Like they would get like a Corvette or something what and they'd put like a system in it and they'd.
Speaker 5: Be like.
Speaker 4: To be driving.
Speaker 1: They can drive anywhere, but if.
Speaker 2: Anything went wrong with it, they couldn't pay the bill for it. Similar to this, she was like, I will not put it on the ground. Okay, well, a don't take it to take.
Speaker 1: A towel if this, oh, my gosh, put it.
Speaker 2: You put a little towel in the bag, you must carry it on the flight, and you lay it on the ground.
Speaker 3: You put the bag on top of it.
Speaker 2: There are like eighty four different things you can do instead of getting kicked off this flight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I go to the bathroom and get paper towels, lay those down.
Speaker 1: You can do anything, I guess.
Speaker 2: And when moronic things happen like this, it really bothers me. I'm very anti moron in case you're wanting my political stance on the morons. However, I'm still one like ten percent of the time, so it's really hard to be full anti moron. We all are a little bit more on, but nothing like this. Like, if you're gonna have a bag, an expensive bag, you have to still follow rules because what if they're like, man, put your bag on the floor, no, no, three thousand, Oh, well then you can break any role you want as well, getting.
Speaker 3: The cockpit.
Speaker 4: Bags can't go on the floor.
Speaker 11: I can't.
Speaker 3: She just doesn't want to expect a bag. It's ridiculous, right.
Speaker 6: Hopefully, if I'm ever on the flight and I get delayed because someone doesn't put they're a living home bag away I'd be so annoyed.
Speaker 3: You canna take a picture of him posted, don't you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'd just be so.
Speaker 3: For You're not hateful like that lunchbox with.
Speaker 2: And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 3: That is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 4: That is the end of the of the podcast. That is the end of the.
Speaker 3: First time of the podcast.
Speaker 2: You can go to a podcast to or you can wait till podcast to come out.