Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brig and Jeffrey and we've got a brand new Second Date podcast for you and just a quick check in.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear how you found our podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are know from TikTok Facebook YouTube?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're on YouTube right now, Yeah, but let us know in the comments and what do you see right now on the board.
Speaker 3: Well, Kaylin Banks love lady found our podcast this way. My husband introduced me to your podcast.
Speaker 4: On our honeymoon.
Speaker 3: We listen to hours and hours well in the car and now six months later, we're still listening together on road track.
Speaker 2: Oh they're still married six months later. Di grats. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Your brand new episode starts.
Speaker 4: Right now, Second Date Up Date. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. And when you turn thirty years old and you're still single, some people handle it just fine, yeah, but others not so much. They start looking around wondering, why am I the only single person at the bar right now?
Speaker 5: You're not?
Speaker 2: You just feel that way, No, I am.
Speaker 4: Everybody else is making out except me.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean they're together with anyone.
Speaker 4: Oh, my friends are getting married now and they're having kids. Maybe I should start thinking about adopting my seventh cat just to keep the other six company. You know, I want to be a good cat.
Speaker 2: Bob Seven's lucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's easy. You can get self conscious and down about it, or you can be proactive and do something. And apparently that's what our listener, Angela has decided to do when she turned thirty recently, and she said, I got to switch up my dating tactics, so let's learn about it. Angela, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi Guysay thirty Angela.
Speaker 5: Birthday. Oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not what I get it.
Speaker 4: So you said in your email that you switched up your dating tactics at thirty. What did you do?
Speaker 5: So? I've been single for way too long and I was like, okay, let me try something different. So I thought, all right, I'm obviously not going to be on like the four best thirty people in the world, so why don't I do my own version of that? And I came up with thirty for thirty dating.
Speaker 2: Oh, thirty for thirty datings.
Speaker 5: That means I have vowed to go out on thirty dates before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Okay, thirty dates while you're thirty years old.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like the thirty before thirty bucket list that's trending.
Speaker 2: This is thirty guys.
Speaker 5: Well okay, yeah, it's been rough. I mean I've had to like speed it up. I'm on nineteeen, like I completed nineteen. But the thing is that I don't know if I want to go in twenty because I really like thinteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should have some fine print in this that if any of the numbers turn out awesome, you don't have to continue, because that's the whole point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm assuming that we're calling one per two guy here, But before we get to that real quick, because just because this is so interesting, your situation is so unique, could you tell us like some of the highlights and low lights from your thirty for thirty experience.
Speaker 5: Okay, four was a nightmare. Okay, he took me excellent and I beat him, and like the rest of the date, he was kind of just sulking, like, yeah, four was a nightmare. Twelve brought his mom.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all you need to say.
Speaker 5: And she was only supposed to stay for like thirty seconds and she ended up seeing the whole date.
Speaker 1: Oh she hold his hand?
Speaker 2: Did tell me it was being a good boy?
Speaker 6: You like to?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely? Her and I still talk.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, out of the last eighteen dates, you got a mom out of it? Hey, yeah, what.
Speaker 5: Can I say?
Speaker 6: These dudes know that you are on a challenge or do you just go on the dates naturally?
Speaker 4: So that's a really good question.
Speaker 5: So like when I first started, I was telling them like trying to be all transparent, wait one two episode and then they acted all weird and everything was just weird about the date, and so like breeing on, I haven't said anything about whatever was.
Speaker 4: It'd be a good litmus test to see how the guys are about it. If they're chill.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how chill they'd be about it, Jeff. They don't really want to be considered a number.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, unless you're a ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: But that's what That's what date nineteen was. Does he get a name or do we just call him nineteen?
Speaker 5: Nineteen is a nineteen out of nineteen? His name is Damon?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, and he gave him a nineteen rating out of a nineteen.
Speaker 5: Dinner was like really good, like it was he a genuine guy? Like he just has a really nice smile, no pressure, We went for a while. We kids feel like a really nice kiss. It was super cute and I thought he would be calling. And I don't really want to go on to twenty, like I really want to go out with him again. And if I'm asking you guys, can you please help?
Speaker 4: Okay, well hold on here, you skipped really fast. So what's the deal with Damon's mom?
Speaker 5: I hope I'm or next week?
Speaker 4: Okay, you want to meet this mom? That's good.
Speaker 2: Did anything weird happen on your date with Damon or awkward?
Speaker 5: No? I mean he get on a Mexican place, he paid, and I mean all was well, yeah, he was fine. I think like maybe almost two hundred bucks, Like it didn't really make everything was chill.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, that's a nice salsa.
Speaker 5: He got a kiss out of it, and I want to see him again.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's any chance he could have found out about the thirty for thirty?
Speaker 2: Like are you posting about it on your TikTok Alexis said that some of these are trending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I am posting about it on my Insta. But I don't ever give my I never give my socials out to anybody. I just start dating, right. I don't know how he would find out about that, because it's like not my name on my Insta.
Speaker 4: But that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 3: Have you heard you the latest one and it was a good date?
Speaker 2: I would have that upset.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a couple of men, right, thank you.
Speaker 4: So how long has it been since you and Damon hung out?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's been like a week and a half and I haven't heard from him.
Speaker 2: Okay, like you've texted, you've called, or I.
Speaker 5: Don't really double text, but I did text, or I did do a call, and like that's plenty, right yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't do anymore.
Speaker 6: That's the problem is some people don't get that hand and then they keep going. What you need to do is have a radio station call.
Speaker 1: Yes, what if he's doing a thirty for thirty and he's only on number seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why that would be the pit.
Speaker 5: Wait's true here, Like that's not even it?
Speaker 4: Do double dates?
Speaker 5: Side?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, we'll try to figure out what's going on with Damon when we come back. Call him and hopefully get some answers on your thirty for thirty second date update thirty dates with thirty men on your thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Your thirtieth year.
Speaker 4: We got that doesn't sound as sexy.
Speaker 2: You can't do it all in one.
Speaker 4: Day, Okay, but they get it. You understand. We're doing second date update right after this sold on second Date Update. Welcome back to a special second Date Update thirty for thirty edition. And what is thirty for thirty? Yes, it's a little dating challenge our listener Angela gave herself when she turned thirty years old, where she decided, I'm gonna go out on thirty dates with thirty different men before she turns thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she wants to be in a relationship. Like, the goal is not to just do this, but it's also to find someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also a little brag too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing is she hasn't even reached thirty guys yet. She stopped at nineteen after she met Damon, A who has turned out to be everything she was looking for. In fact, she sounds fully ready to go all in on him if she could just get him to answer her damn calls. Yes, So we're gonna step in and try and make that happen. Now, Angela, do you have a guy number two twenty lined up just in case, because we might need to put a little pressure on Damon with a little Hey. If you don't, somebody else will.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't have a twenty.
Speaker 2: Don't, okay? Okay, you really are committed to this guy?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 4: Okay. Well, if I think we're on agreement though that if we get him on the phone, we're not bringing up the thirty for thirty challenge to him unless he already knows.
Speaker 2: About it, right, unless he saw her Instagram.
Speaker 4: We just go by number nineteen. Yeah, yeah, it's really it's your business, Angela. If you want to bring it up to him, that's your decision. We're not going to say anything. But let's just call his number. We'll see if he picks up, and here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is this Damon?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 5: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: This is a radio show actually called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we caught you. You're busy right now or something.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's not that I'm busy, I just don't I don't know why the radio stations calling me.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's funny, because we know you. At least we've heard, well, not in a creepy way, in a good way. We've heard a lot about you. I don't think that's how I said it, but we've heard glowing reviews about you from one of our friends, a listener to our show, a woman named Angela.
Speaker 7: Oh, the girl I went out with that, Angela.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because what we're doing here, it's called the second Date Update, and we're just trying to help out Angela. She feels like after your hangout, you've been blowing her off a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been. I've been blowing off a lot, like I don't want to hang out with her no more.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: That sounds like something wrong.
Speaker 4: Well that's really interesting to hear, because when we delved into your date, she couldn't figure out anything that went wrong that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds great. Sounds like from the way you're talking, it should be obvious.
Speaker 7: Well I feel more taken advantage of than.
Speaker 4: And not in a good way, like the bad way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel violated in my pocket.
Speaker 4: Hocket.
Speaker 2: She said that you paid for dinner. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I paid two hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: She didn't tell y'all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she said two hundred dollars, but she made it seem like that was totally agreeable and that you were happy to offer that.
Speaker 7: That's totally not true. I mean I was actually kind of corked into it. Yeah, Like she does videos, she records.
Speaker 2: Videos, videos of what she's like an influencer.
Speaker 4: Like on the date she was recording videos, she was doing full reviews.
Speaker 7: That's why she ordered two hundred dollars. It wasn't that we were caught up having a great time.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: No, oh wait, she like ordered one of everything on the menu so she could try it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I mean it's like the whole menu and not the happy hour with menu.
Speaker 2: It was my god. And then I mean the weird part is you're at dinner and then they're on their phone. Yeah, according, yeah, Like did she even talk to you?
Speaker 7: No, she told me to kind of be quiet, So.
Speaker 4: I don't now I understand a little bit more. Why you feel like you were used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but you kissed. I thought she's told us that you had a great kiss.
Speaker 7: I mean, hell, yeah, I'm not gonna turn it down.
Speaker 2: Everybody suffered through the least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you deserve a review on how your kiss was because video. In fact, we might be able to give it to you right now, since Angela has been on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: God, why why okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Angel are you there, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Oh you sound embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Don't be embarrassed, you, I'm upset. Why didn't you tell us that this was for a food review.
Speaker 5: Was a food review, That's what he's just assuming.
Speaker 4: But hi, Damon, Damon, Damon talked to Angela here?
Speaker 7: Hi you hey, yeah, whatever. You're kind of faking the funk right now. You know that you had your phone out the whole time. We really didn't connect on anything, and you didn't even eat all the food.
Speaker 3: It was just like you were.
Speaker 7: Order the most expensive dish to take one bite and move on to the next dish.
Speaker 5: No, oh my gosh, Like I know, I had my phone out, but it wasn't a fee. And honestly, Dan, we had like it was two hundred dollars. You had an appetizer. I had an appetizer. You had an entree. I had an untrust.
Speaker 7: Wait, slow down, you had all of that alone yourself, and I remember it because I was the cameraman. Remember you told me this fall.
Speaker 5: No, Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I I feel really happy about that part. To tell you wasn't a food review, Angela.
Speaker 4: You got to explain why were you making him film you while eating the food.
Speaker 5: It wasn't for a freevie like honestly, I like you. And the reason why you're on the show today is because I turned thirty as you know, earlier this year, and I just made a personal goal to go out on thirty dates for my thirtieth year of life, and I wanted to do a video for Instagram and you're number nineteen. Okay, damn, that's what's going on. You're number nineteen, and I don't want to go in the twentieth though I don't like I'm trying to tell you I like you. I don't want to go on the twentieth. I like you a lot. And that's what the video was about. It wasn't like trying to ord up a bunch of food. It was just doing my own little silly thirty for thirty. That's it.
Speaker 7: Okay, So what happened to the other eighteen dudes, the other.
Speaker 5: Eighteen or wherever they are. I didn't go out on the second date with them. I didn't like them. I wasn't interested. And now this is where it stops.
Speaker 4: So none of it was actually about reviewing the food. It was just kind of full content to talk about the dates.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if that's the case, why wasn't I in the video at all? I was just filming eating.
Speaker 5: Because I repaid your privacy, Like I wasn't going to put you on blacks like that?
Speaker 4: Actually, yea, I am curious, Angela. Did the other eighteen dudes all have to pay for your meals too? And film you eating? Also? Great question?
Speaker 5: So the thing is that you'll have to right making anybody.
Speaker 4: Strongly suggested that they do.
Speaker 1: I guess, Oh my god, I mean, David, where are you at knowing that this was all part of a challenge.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't like being a part of somebody's elaborate game that they're trying to have to like boost their own self esteem, because you have not game.
Speaker 5: So it's not games, it's goals, it's goals and objectives.
Speaker 7: I'm numbered nineteen, like you got ten to fifteen more people to go, Like, come.
Speaker 5: On, I don't have anybody else to go. I want to stop with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the point. This may have all started out as like a fun experiment for her, like an interesting way to meet people, but once she met you, Damon, she decided I'm out. I'm fully committed to Damon if he's willing to give me another chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she.
Speaker 1: Didn't even want to tell you about it because she knew that it probably wouldn't feel good, you know, like that, like.
Speaker 2: It'd be weird.
Speaker 4: In fact, she rated you a nineteen out of nineteen, which is the highest rating you can have. Yeah, up to twenty.
Speaker 5: You know, if we went out again, it would be like no phone, Like I wouldn't do any of it. I mean that was literally just some social stuff, Damen, Like it's not anything like that. Like I'm just doing it all right enough.
Speaker 2: I like it. Damon's taking charge.
Speaker 7: What do you need to say if we go out again, no phone? How about this we go out again, you spend it two hundred on me?
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, there's a challenge for you.
Speaker 4: I like that too.
Speaker 7: That's a challenge. How about you and your challenge on that?
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's a yes. From Damon. Now it's up to Angela. Will you accept his terms and conditions?
Speaker 5: No? I don't like his energy.
Speaker 4: What what you gotta be, kidneys?
Speaker 2: We worked so hard for you, you better pay for that date.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. I gotta first of all, like just sload. I didn't make you pay for anything, but this whole added that energy is not going to work for me. Like you say, Okay, why don't we make it like, be a little more polite about it? Like he's been little. I don't do. I didn't know you was gangsta.
Speaker 2: That was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Man, you know he's not in your challenge. That's all he's doing it.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 5: It's my challenge. Find your own challenge.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Time is running out on this segment, so damon, any last words before we let you go?
Speaker 7: Wow, don't let the gameplay.
Speaker 5: You played a game?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well he got played.
Speaker 2: Bro, says the guy that's out two hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rook, Jeffrey in the morning. Oh imagine Brook, one day you end up going sixty for sixty sixty dudes in your sixties.
Speaker 2: No, dude, I do not want to enter the dating game again.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: It does go up and get older, challenge gets older.
Speaker 2: Dude, She said, no, I know what is now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there's a reason she's been on nineteen and.
Speaker 6: Her intentions were a little shady.
Speaker 1: At the end, I thought it was like so cool. He was like matching her energy. He's yeah, you know, you want a person that will push back a little bit, you know.
Speaker 4: And the take gave too much, took too little, whatever it was. But looks like angelus to move on to guy number twenty in her thirty for thirty quest. And I just told you, Okay, I hope whoever that guy is has a good job in steady hands, because clearly dinner's not going to be cheap and he's going to have to hold the camera the entire night.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't even want to follow her on socials.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to remember right, right, right choice, that's right.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what modern chivalry is. It's not about opening doors and pulling out chairs anymore. It's holding their cameras and choosing to pay the bill. Yeah, I'm just going to ask that on the next date.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, but do you think I could use your phone and take a picture of you?
Speaker 4: What a gentleman. Yes, the dating world's weird, and that's why we're here to help. If you ever need it, reach out to the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our second date updates. They're online where you get your podcasts. Ebrook and Jeffrey