Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. So what's up. I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once once again, we end wilding and we look cute. We're a matching We have our matching shirts on and you can buy this on our website of course. Yes, we have reasonably Shady merch always yep, T shirts, hoodies, mugs, paddles, a nope books book, hello, cote bag. Yes, yeah, we we are we pimping our ride. No, we're selling our merch. We are hawking our things.
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, all the all the u Yes, get your march reasonably shady dot com. Yes, and as always, if you ever want to write into us, we love to hear from you all. Our email address is what up at reasonably shady dot com.
Speaker 2: And while we're here, oh well go ahead. We're on YouTube. Yes, that's what was gonna say. We're on YouTube and we still have our Patreon right and if you want to give a review, yes, rate review, yes, all the things and subscribe and subscribe and tell a friend and tell them to tell two friends and so on and so on all of that. Yes, and we are ten million downloads straw and count and go Dune. Okay, anyway, enough of all that. Okay, I have a shady moment. What is it? So do you ever watch the View? And it's towards the end of the show they're like, view your deal, yes okay, and they always have things that you need or know you needed, right, and it's at a discount yes, okay. So they had this.
Speaker 1: Pillow okay that I purchased, Okay, the one like so your face doesn't touch anything?
Speaker 2: No, it has a curve in it. Okay, right, so what do you mean your face doesn't touch anything? It's like so you're.
Speaker 1: So you know, like they say, like when you sleep, if you sleep with your face like on your pillow, like you're you're gonna make yourself more wrinkle.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like mess your face up. Okay.
Speaker 1: So like the pillow is it kind of like elevates your head so that you don't touch Oh really, Oh I might need to get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, this this is not the one I bought it, Okay. The one I bought is I think the draw was whatever it's made out of maybe it's like a foam material, okay, and it has it's like kind of moon shaped a little bit. Yeah, what was the purpose, like, what was the reason for it or the benefit or the why listen, why did you my neck hurt? Okay, So I don't know why it was. It had been working fine, but now my neck hurts. So this pillow was a problem. Why did you buy it? Oh? I bought it because I just needed I just feel because they were set. They sold me. They said, you know, every now and again, you got to change your pillow. So I'm like, okay, let me change my pillow. And I did, And now I got to.
Speaker 1: Clok one of those phone. It's like memory phone, I think. So those are that's too Yeah, those hurt.
Speaker 2: I don't like those. But it's not a hard memory phone. It's like a soft memory phone. But the pillow is a problem. I gotta cook in my neck and the pillow is shady. So if I knew the brand, I would tell you, But I can't remember the brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got it a discount at least off at least.
Speaker 2: So I'm not mad at it. But like waking up in your neck hurts. Oh, yeah is the worst. Oh that is the worst. Yeah, that's been happening too too many days. So this pillow got to go, all right, the pillow gotta go. Yeah, no more pillow pillow out of here. Although there are.
Speaker 1: Good things that you can buy from those those little deal Oh, I get stuff from them all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The GMA has good ones. Oh I've never seen them. Day show has good ones. Okay, Yeah, I'm here for the.
Speaker 1: Even if you miss it on the shows, Like you could just go on like the website, yes and go to it. Yeah, like what you can totally discount.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I've bought plenty thing, but the pillow. It's the problem. I used to be a big home Shopping network shopper. I could see that. I can totally see that. And then you get the ship and you're like, why did I get this? Yeah? Why did you ever buy jewelry on there? No? I feel like they always make the jewel Now I've never bought I've never bought anything from this, but anytime I've seen, like you know, scrolled and I've gone to that channel, all the jewelry looks spectacular, Like they put so many lights on that stuff. The jewelry is bling, trust and believe you got that thing in your house. It ain't blink nor blinging. Okay, it's just one blank. It's blink not bling bling. Because who used to be on there lot?
Speaker 1: Oh Mariah Carey. Yeah, I wonder if she's still on there. She had like her whole like butterfly jewelry line.
Speaker 2: Oh I can imagine that. Yeah. Yeah, speaking of Mariah Carey, Yeah, she has a new song, a new song. Have you heard it? A little bit of it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like her a snippet and I turned Yeah, I don't know. It don't sound like her, you don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think Mariah is catfishing us. She's catfishing in her voice, Like Mariah, that doesn't sound like you. Really, it's like give me my ball and it's more like a rap. Say oh and you just Mariah, just girl sing, exercise the vocals because you have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like, well, okay, and we're gonna get trash because the Mariah Carey fans are ruthless. We're about to get trashed, yeah, because they're because like Beyonce fans are sick of you, so they don't even trash us anymore.
Speaker 1: But like Mariah fans are gonna come strong. I just feel like Mariah, like, we don't need new music from Mariah.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. We have enough. Yes, she has like.
Speaker 1: Great hits, great classics, and if she was to try to make new music, she would try to make it to like modern like she would and that's just like what she shouldn't do. Although I like her little dum who was it the Emancipation of Me Me?
Speaker 2: That album?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Actually? Do you? I think you're the only one. I don't What was on that? What like you gotta shake it up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah that was I think that's the right album? Like that album was?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: She had a bunch of hits on that album. I think she was trying to collect some checks before November because you know, come November, it's her season. Okay, she's just trying to collect couple of jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, But we don't need new music from Mariah. We just need Mariah to sing her classics, hits, her ever and ever and ever. Yeah, and we don't need anything new. And we love you Mariah. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, moving on, what were we talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh? Your shady moment. Shady moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this morning, I'm in the bed, you know, and finally, like, the kids are out of school, so I get to sleep in a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to get them to school. And I'm like, is that why you were late starting the podcast, Robin? Because you were late? That could have been my shady moment.
Speaker 1: No, that's not why I was late. I was late because one in the shower and I needed to get in the show.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I wan let me in the house. No, I know he and he was down here in the office.
Speaker 1: I know, but but but I when he was in the shower, I needed to be in the shower, so I needed to wait for him to get out of the shower.
Speaker 2: Got it, you know, I don't y'all just going there together. He was talking on the phone in the shower, and like, why why, how how can he talk on the phone in the shower? He like, brings his phone in the shower. I understand that, but won't he get want to mess.
Speaker 1: Up your phone because it puts it on a he gets it out of the way, Okay, but still it's just he was just doing too much and so he just like messed me up.
Speaker 2: So AnyWho, okay, you're forgiving anywhere. I'm in the bed and all of a sudden, i just hear all this yelling like and I'm like, you know, I'm like, oh my god, what is happening? What is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I'm like listening and I just hear like and then you can hear him say word.
Speaker 1: It's like Michael Jordan, Kevin Duran, Carmelo, what's happening. He's on the phone debating basketball with his friend and he's downstairs in the kitchen. I'm upstairs in my bedroom and I'm like thinking that he is there. There's like a problem. They're like, we're like, rufe, is someone broke into the house. Someone like he just got some really bad news. I don't know, but I'm like, dude, you cannot be debating basketball yelling right at the top of your lungs on the phone with your friend at seven in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, what time was?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on? Come on, one knows your sleep? What do you I'm sleep, Cory sleep hard sleep? What is one doing up? Why doesn't he sleep? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm like, this is crazy. And you know his voice carries, so he didn't even know he's that loud. And then it'll have the AirPod in so he's even louder. I was just like, this is nuts, nuts, I'm thinking something serious is happening.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. So I wanted to read a post that I saw that I appreciate, and it's with our beloved Real Housewives of Miami, Marisol and Alexia. And I think she's giving Alexia. Marissol's giving Alexia some advice what she does all the time. And she says, sometimes what's right for the whole ain't right for the soul. Okay, that is worse to live by. So what's but what is okay? What's right for the whole? Yeah? Meaning what like vagina? Is that like the h O L E? Not the w h O L E? Yes? Oh yes, yeah, what's right for the yeah? H it right for the soul? Oh that's funny that yes, yes, that is very true, very true. This is words to live on? Did he somebody? Yeah? So, ladies, just you know, take that to heart. So what is the what?
Speaker 1: So Alexia has divorced her husband, but they got back to get back together, Like, what's I don't know where the status is right now.
Speaker 2: And you know that what she's referring to is I do believe this is what she's referring to. I think they're getting raised to air or they are they airing now? I think they must have aired I saw, Yeah, So I think we'll find out more as a season. Okay airs, okay, Okay. Another thing I wanted to share with you. Interesting this lady says, can black people weigh in on this? Is that true? Do y'all rent out the pot? And is it because you think there's dust in the pot or the pot is dirty or you think that the first water that's coming out and touching the pot the water? Okay, it's okay. So so this is actually when I first saw this, Yeah, because this is a white lady talking and she's asking for black people to weigh in. Yes, I was like the things that white people think, you know what I mean? Like I would have never thought that, would have never been a question in my mind as to why, because because a lot of times black people we do stuff and we think everybody do it right. Right, So yeah, lady, it's both okay, but I don't really do that. I mean it depends the pot.
Speaker 1: So so if I have a pot that's been in the cabinet, yes, you like before you so like, let's say you're about to boil the egg. Yeah, you'll like put some water in it and then put some more water in it, and then put it on the stove and then put your egg in.
Speaker 2: And all that. I get, you know, I feel like it's subconscious exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I'm like, I don't know that I deliberately do that, but I but now that I'm like going through what the motions in my mind are like, yeah, that's what we do, rented.
Speaker 2: And just yeah, and we do that and we don't even think about it.
Speaker 1: But apparently white people don't do that, right, But how does she like, why does this white lady know that this is a black thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe she got a black boyfriend. I don't know. Yeah, maybe he's like, you're not gonna rint the bottle. I'm not eating that. I'm not eating that that that water got dust in it. Now mind you, the dust would have like evaporated in the cooking or whatever. But yeah, like this is what we do. Yeah, So I appreciate her asking.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is funny though, to see things that you know, I mean, I don't want to like not stereotype anyone, but ye see things that like black people do that white people don't, or that white people do and that black people don't like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should come up with a list, and we need to go down the list because maybe white people don't ever think that there could be your could be a little dusty, right, yes, or that my position or my issue at home now is like my kids don't wash these dishes properly, so I got to re wash it anyway. Yes, yes, so true. What is up with that? They don't care? They're going through the motions, That's what's up with that. They don't care. No, they don't. So I'm gonna wash it and put some water in it and pull it out and put some more water. Yeah, I'm gonna do it, all of it. Oh Okay. I want to give a shout out to American Airlines has partnered with celebrity designer Brandon Blackwood. Do you have any brando in Blackwood? I do not, but but you know who I'm talking about. Yeah, okay, so really nice bag. He makes really nice bags. I have several of his of his bags. He reminds me because he was coming up behind Telfar, and you know, Telfar has completely exploded and he is I think he has stories now like bo and Mortar. Yeah, shout out to tel Far. But yeah, I'm really happy for Brandon Black, so partner with him to do what. Oh I'm sorry for exclusive amenity kits. So you know, if you travel, like especially if you're doing like international travel, in your in first class, they'll give you like a little kit or whatever and there and it's like little it's cute, like this one is super cute. It's like little pouch and yeah, very cute. I would I would keep that, Yes, no, totally and this and I've been on planes and sometimes the pouch is like Dior or or maz but yeah, it's this is really nice. And I think that that more black designers need to get the love. Yeah, so I'm happy he's getting some love. Okay, So this is this is for me, Robin, but through you, but for me. Okay, Okay, Equinox, which is my gym, this wise for me. We'll pay gym members six hundred thousand dollars for cancelation woes thanks to the New York US I think she states to turn yourself. Oh, this is a settlement. It's a settlement. Oh so I don't so. I saw it's a settlement in Equinox is playing out six hundred, six hundred thousand dollars. They didn't tell me where to put my link. Now, now you want to sign up for the class that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Equinox like twenty years. Okay, I want my five out. I don't think you're so this is over cancelation woes. Yeah, this is for people who cancel.
Speaker 2: We got to cancel to come back. Ye shit, I don't know. Oh see now when you when you say, oh that's my gym. Yeah, let me get my fifty die. Let me get a little, my little five dollars because we know Robin. If there is a class action, Robin gonna get how money she's gonna get her One day, I'm going to hit the jackpot. What is the jackpots? They need? Seventy five dollars, two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: One day I'm going to get a check in the mail or deposit to my account randomly, and it's gonna be for like two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't believe this, but let me know what happened. Then this is this a little post. It says, where are the world's most beautiful women? Oh? Okay, so it started with number one? Where do you think number one the most beautiful women? You've traveled? Some beautiful women? I mean it's not from traveling, but I think I'm gonna say India. Yes, beautiful women in India. Yeah, they're not on the list. Okay. So number one they're saying it's Columbia. Okay, I'm for that. Okay, Okay. Three is Greece, the Czech Republic. Iceland is in here. It was very confusing to me. Poland is number two. I can close my eyes and think of Polish people. You know, I don't think of anything beautiful. They're no shade to Poland. But Poland, Okay, I have to google Polish women. Okay. Number eight is the United States. Number number one should be the United States, Zellen Robin, the United States.
Speaker 1: But were we not doing It's having Poland be over? Okay, I just googled, and you can feel free to do it yourself. To beautiful Polish women. Okay, and no listen if anyone listening is from Poland or they're Polish.
Speaker 2: I apologize. We apologize, and if the insult, yes, y'uld not deserve that number two lit. Yes, no you don't No, no you really I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't deserve who voted who voted because this saying it, and there's no way with me and Robin living in the United States, there's no way.
Speaker 2: That number one or two. Okay, I'm just saying, oh my gosh, that's funny. Yeah, but Poland, Poland, through me, we rebuked that pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Czech Republic Iceland the hell lives in listen, Iceland is number seven?
Speaker 2: They have Are you kidding? They have?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Their their skin tone is like it's transparent. It's okay. So we talked about this. I'm bringing this back, Okay, go ahead, Oh no, no, god, okay. So I'm bringing this back because we talked about this like years ago. I'm saying years. Have we been in this podcast for years? Four years? What? So year two of Reasonably Shady Somewhere in there, we talked about the fact that seven Up had a flavor called Shirley Temple because you know, I love Shirley Temple's right It wasn't even that long ago.
Speaker 1: We talked about this so and I tasted it and it's tasted like it wasn't good. It tasted like, let's see bad cough medicine. Oh yeah, it was that taste you know that tastes medicine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So they're bringing it back, they say by popular demand.
Speaker 1: No, all the comments are like, y'all lying at ain't nobody said bring it back? Nobody requests, no one no requested this, and y'all bringing this ship back?
Speaker 2: So fun? You know what I'm here to tell y'all. Don't get Shirley Temple seven up.
Speaker 1: No, okay, don't get that, but yeah I did try. It was like Canada dry ginger ale they have. It's not something sweet cellular. Okay, it was so good.
Speaker 2: I was Shirley Temple is Yeah, I don't know if they call it Shirley Temple. Let me see.
Speaker 1: It was really good and it was kind of a I didn't know. It was like I purchased the sugar free one.
Speaker 2: And it was good. It didn't have like that fake sugar taste. I was really shocked. Was it Shirley Temple? That one was good? But yeah, what's yeah, I think it's Shirley Typo flavor. Mmmm, Canada Dry. So Canada Dry is ginger ale. So yeah, I could see that because that's that they already have like that gingery taste, and they could just throw some sugar at it and it'll probably be good. Yeah, it was good. I don't remember like the exact name, but it was good. If you see it, get it all right. So we got oh, we know her. So we have a little letter from Amy Cohen. Don't we know Amy? Yes, she's a tried and true Yes. So she's saying, high late, we love Amy. I think she writes into us all the time. She says, high ladies, it's your bff, Amy from Annapolis. Oh, yeah, we know Amy from Annapolis. She said I got engaged last week. She said, I'm married. I'm marrying my best friend. Do you have any dudes or don't? I should keep in mind while planning our wedding. She sent up in the picture, I know Robin has had more a more recent experience in Giselle. No shade intended shade love you lots, Amy, So Amy, Oh wait a minute, so she sent a picture of Oh, it's a puzzle of how he proposed, Yes, that's cute. So it looked like a box and I think when she opened the box she had to put the puzzle pieces together, and she did and says, well, you marry me with a heart. Very cute, very cute. That was nice.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Amy, Yes, exciting. So there is a oh no, you don't know this guy? Oh yeah you do, you know, saying Jay, you know there's.
Speaker 2: A we'll talk about it later anyway. Congratulations Amy. I think that this is amazing. And do's and don'ts and dos and dontes for marriage? Are there engaged wedding for the wedding for the wedding? Okay? Yeah, what do you what are your dos and donts? Okay? I want to try your best not to let it stress you out, okay.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, like your guests don't know that like something didn't happen right or that it went wrong, So don't stress about it being like absolutely perfect. But in planning it, you know, it's hard because everyone wants something different. You know, some people they want, I don't know what size wedding you're looking for. Some people want the huge wedding with you know, hundreds of people, and that's a fun, great experience.
Speaker 2: But you know, don't feel.
Speaker 1: Pressured to do that if that's not what's like in your heart or in your budget. Yeah, totally, because you want to enjoy your day.
Speaker 2: So when you envision what you.
Speaker 1: What would make you happy, how you would enjoy your day, just stick to that, Like, don't worry about people pleasing Yeah, you know, because don't allow.
Speaker 2: Your fiance to have any say, right, Yeah, because he's gonna give on your nerves. Yes, and he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, and it ain't about him, right, All I gotta do is put on some clothes and show up, get a haircut. That's it. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: When I was planning our weddings, both of them, like, I was always surprised that want actually had like an opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, huh, you actually you want to know about this? Like you care?
Speaker 1: I was like, I would be so surprised, like no, what, And then sometimes I'm like, but I will say sometimes he actually did have a good opinion or a good perspective, And I was like, Okay, so don't listen listen to Jazelle, save yourself some stress. If your fiance wants to be involved. You know, that's a that's something you can bond over, that's something that you all can have fun doing. So don't completely shut him out.
Speaker 2: Don't make him feel like it's not about him, because it's about both of y'all. Don't let his family talk. Don't let his mama take over. Okay, Oh my god, there's so many notes.
Speaker 1: Right, so you're getting all the shady answers from Gazelle and I'm trying to give you the real one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't dual plan whether it's like a day away, like, do plan to do something right after? Yeah? Yeah, just the two of you. Yes, even if it's like it didn't have to cost anything, Like even if it's just you know, y'all go down the street to a local something, just do that, right, Yeah, because y'all, y'all need to debrief and y'all need to have your moment and you need to, like, you know, just start your marriage off together. Yes, yeah, I agree. Oh.
Speaker 1: One thing, so at your wedding, make sure I mean this, if this is important to you, this was very important to me. Make sure you actually take the time to sit and eat your food.
Speaker 2: Because you paid for it. That's true. You know that is true.
Speaker 1: And a lot of times at weddings the bride and the bride and groom gets all caught up with like saying hi to people or being being interrupted taking pictures, are just always doing something like for me, I was like, I am eating my food. We know, I sat at the table. Was one there he started he walked around.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Rob was like, I'm gonna get my all my food.
Speaker 1: So just make sure you eat your food, drink drink your drinks, eat your cake, all of that, like the stuff that you spent time debating on, deliberating on, like, enjoy it.
Speaker 2: True, don't I had another don't shoot? What was my don't okay you said eat the food. I can't remember, but enjoy it like it Hopefully it will only happen one time. And you know, make sure that you pay attention to yourself, don't get stressed out, have your music, yes, and just you know, live your life accordingly. Yes, and don't listen to anybody like do what you want. Oh, don't be telling all your girlfriends like like have them weighing in, like what do you think about this? What do you think about that? Like weigh in? Like how much they weigh Oh, no, weigh in on your decision making process. Yes, like no, you this is this is about you and what you want, so like their opinions really don't matter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you're going to find that there are so many options out there, one hundred million are You're gonna be confused and.
Speaker 2: You might change.
Speaker 1: You might go back and forth. You might first say, oh, I want a country wedding, and the next you want a modern wedding, and the next you want I don't know or whatever. You want a purple theme, then you want a green theme. Like you're gonna be all over the place. So yeah, try to just really like like have a vision in your head and stick to it.
Speaker 2: Stick to it. Don't do this without a prenup because I don't care. If you have three dollars and he has fourteen cents, you're gonna get that prenup and you're gonna have him sign it. Because what George is yours, what's his is his? Or what's yourge is yours? And what's his is yours? Figure it out. Just get a clean up. Okay, yes, anyway, So enjoy it and you deserve it all all the things and I kind of want to say no, I do yeah, I do want to say, do do it? Do get married? Okay you got one? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 1: Ready, so this is funny, all right? So this is from Jenny. Hey, Jenny, Jenny Linel. She said, high ladies, before I ask my shady question, I do want to take a moment and tell you guys that I have been loving the podcast.
Speaker 2: I crack up every morning driving to work. Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 1: You guys are hilarious. I live for the pod. Also, Gizelle, I'm loving the Love Hotel.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Shannon was crying so much over Earle and Giselle go after while at Ashley clearly is playing and yes, girl, get Phil. He has some coins in the bank, mister double r. So then she says, okay, let me get to the serious part of this message. Since the Christlies have been released from jail and we know that they did it, should we or should I say, I write a letter to Donnie asking him to release Karen because we know she needs her weight glue. The botox might have shifted by now and she needs to come to glow thirty. No, but in all seriousness, I think it's time she's out of there.
Speaker 2: Is this too shady?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: A concerned fan of rhops. I'm actually feel I feel the same way. I mean, like, Karen's been in jail long enough, like she learned her lesson? Get her out of there? Does she learn it?
Speaker 1: You think? So?
Speaker 2: She's been in there for like, how long has she been in there for? Now? Was it like the end of February that she went in? Okay, it's just like three months, right, that's all for four months? Three and a half months, A long time. I just feel like I thought about it the other day. I'm like, get Caring out of jail, Like she didn't learn whatever lesson we're supposed to learn here. She't gonna do it again. Get out of jail, please, so I know, yes, so, yes, I'm with whoever this is, what's your name? I'm with Jenny, Jenny, I'm with you. Get Caring out of jail. And yes, the botox has shifted in her as well. The hair needs a cooth. That's just that'll be a sight to see. Yeah, I don't want to see it. Get Stephen and all of the people together with her first, and then I'm gonna come over there and give care some love because like whoa baby be?
Speaker 1: Okay, but by the way, the president cannot get Karen out of jail.
Speaker 2: Oh why not? Because it's all state? Yeah, okay, And did you see Katie was asking? Was like, oh my gosh, I should.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: First of all, Katie Ross, you don't know Donald Trump or anyone that knows him, right, Well, maybe you do. I don't know. She might who knows, Katie? Katie be doing the most out here. Okay, loves her attention, she does. So Katie clipped this that we just talked about you and put it on your put it on your Instagram. Honey, you're welcome. Okay. So this is from Alberta and she says, my husband has told me that he doesn't believe in happy wife, happy life. After all our time together, he says this, And now what do I do, Alberta? I need more information. I know I'm just not enough. I need more information, right, because like, is he what else is going on here? Yes? Is was he showing you that he doesn't believe in this? Is he just saying it? I need more information? Yes? Are you not being treated well? Alberta? Send us more information? In the streets. Is he in these mean streets? Okay?
Speaker 1: But let's set us up all right. So he doesn't believe in happy wife, happy life. Yeah, so that means he doesn't care in making you happy, or he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Believe that if he makes her happy, it's going to make his life better, right right? So all of it, all of it. I need more information, Like what is this man doing? We need more? Yeah, okay, we need more. Okay.
Speaker 1: So this is from Katie from Canada. She said, good morning, my friends. I haven't even finished today's episode in Sensitive Biscuits, but you had me.
Speaker 2: In tears over here and not in a good way, and I need it to let you know.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the question about if you had to lose your memories from the past or the future is just meant to be thought provoking and couldn't happen. But once I started thinking about it, I had genuine anxiety.
Speaker 2: Oh do you remember that topic?
Speaker 1: Derek Dash said in a question He was like, would you rather pretty much only have your memories from the past or only have your memories from the future?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? Okay? I remember that? And what did we say? We said? You said like future? Like really quickly.
Speaker 1: So, she says, my mother passed away from Alzheimer's in December twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: I was forty three.
Speaker 1: I would give anything not to lose my memories of her and the amazing woman that she was. On the flip side, I have six children aged fourteen to twenty seven. I need to see their futures, their weddings, their babies, etc. This morning, just the act of thinking of which to lose nearly did me in. I was surprised that Sheaselle said the future so quickly. What about her memories of her father? Oh, I'm getting anxiety just writing this. Also, that is a shit song. It is thank you, thank you anyway, just my perspective, so you can share in my anxiety.
Speaker 2: Lol. Lots of love.
Speaker 1: So yeah, dang, we didn't like think that deep about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't. Yeah, we just kind of like said, we said we moved.
Speaker 1: On, right, But she is right, Yes, a very tough question, and right, like do you don't if we If you lose memories of your past, you lose memories of all the people that came before you. Or if you lose memories of the future, then you don't know what, Like you don't see what your kids are up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how do you like that question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You ask. You can't make new memories, right, so we're just gonna act like that never happened. I know, I think. I mean, if like, if I had to pick one, I think it would still be I think. Yeah, I think the future. I just think when you're like, because how depressing would your future be if you didn't have the ability to remember it. That's that's depressing. So yeah, I'm going with the future. But that is very sad, sad question. Yeah, thank you. This is from Carly, not our Carly. Carly, Hi, ladies, please help. I've been a part of the Shady Bunch reasonably shadester since episode one and wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, we do. I recently took a Monday off. Instead of listening to the podcast to make an hour past, I decided to watch the YouTube video. Okay, so everybody need to be watching on YouTube Okay. Biggest mistake ever. I didn't realize how much I'd miss seeing Robin's face you guys, chemistry, and that I'd enjoy watching versus listening. Should I keep listening or start watching? And Gazelle you can't say both with love, Carly, Okay, So question I can say. I mean, it's obvious, like, if you watch it, there's so much more that you can that makes more sense. Right, you can see our facial expressions, you can see our dynamic blah blah blahlah right, soaring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think if you have time, yes, watch it, watch it. Okay, yeah, yeah I agree.
Speaker 2: But if not, if you just like if you're moving around, if you're in the office or whatever, you can only like just listen, then then obviously just listen. But yeah, but I think watching it should be your first choice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree. Okay, we figured it out, Carly or Carly both? What you said, I shouldn't say both, right, dude.
Speaker 1: Like listen to it in the car and then watch it while you're, like, you know, around the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I love that. Yeah all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, get the double double double. All right, this is a good question, she said, Please don't use my name. Okay, So, hi ladies. I am in my mid forties and have no children. I am very sixful. I love to travel shop, she said, think lux bags and jewelry and eat good food.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: The problem is I don't have any friends who can afford to do with a lot of a lot of the things I like to do. Where can I meet other successful women to hang out with? It's so difficult making friends when you don't have kids. Love the show, Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: So I would say, you know, it's hard because I have kids, and so a lot of my life is centered around the kids. And a lot of the women I meet, you know kids or friend you know they're their kids are friends with my kids and the basketball gyms. Yeah, but I would think try a traveling club like there are Yeah, so there I've heard of like a lot of different travel agents or travel clubs for you know, women who like to travel, and you can probably pick the level of the trip so that you know, like, Okay, if I'm going on this lux trip, then you're going to be around women that can probably afford the lifestyle.
Speaker 2: That you live. Yes, I like that. I didn't even think about that. Yeah, or even try like.
Speaker 1: A retreat like a you know, yoga retreat type of situation, like at a high end place. But then I guess if you do like the travel club or if you do something like those people aren't local, so you really just have to kind of travel to be around them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta get to know them. Yeah. Yeah, they're not like your girlfriends that you've been knowing forever. Yeah. There's also like you know, if you're part of a gym, like because my one of my fitness instructors, he does this, I think like every six months, like he'll he'll put together a trip and it's like a workout slash just like a venture trip. So like the last time they did it, they went to Nicaragua, They're going to Bali. Like they're very high end trips. So yeah, I think if you really put your mind to it, you can figure it out in your environment alrighty.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Like if you look up so you like luxury stuff so and high end stuff, so go to high end gym, high end lounges or high end hotels, you know, and then just find the people that kind of congregate there.
Speaker 2: But it is difficult to find like rich people that know how to rich write right, and who are who you want to be around because you know who and who don't have kids and who don't have kids. Yeah, that's I think that's the part that's Yeah, that's the part that kind of makes it difficult because it's ship. They can have kids, but they also want to well well.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, don't have kids that they have that kind of like take up their It depends on how old their kids are, right, Okay, So if they have kids that are older, out of the house, grown, blah blah blah, then cool. You know what's her name, but she's well, she didn't want me to say her.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Okay, whatever your name is, count me in. I'm coming, yeah, because I got some I got a little cash in my pocket, and my kids, you know, I can leave them they're done. So yeah, okay, so you just found a friend, just so yay, nice, Okay. So hey, hey ladies, this is from Tiffany. I've been Day one fans. Day one is in Bold. I've been a Day one. Hey. Thanks. I've watched every single episode of The Housewives potomach and listened to every episode of Reasonably Shady, and some of them twice.
Speaker 1: Whooa.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you need to listen to them twice and watch you otherwise otherwise you ain't really a fan, right.
Speaker 2: You both? Sincerely brighten up my mondays I just have to write in and say thank you, especially to Robin. I took your advice and actually filled out one of those random settlement forms come in the mail and guess what. Drum roll please, I got a check WHOA for twenty one dollars woo and sixty five cents. Oh, thank you, Robin, Yes, love you ball. Here's to lunch on me. And that was from Tiffany. Okay, so twenty one dollars. I wonder how long it took her to fill out those forms. Five minutes. I doubt it if that could have taken her longer. No, okay, so I was worth it. I guess it is. Yeah, okay, that's that's lunch. That's like, listen, I'm about to get something from equinox. So I'm good. I was about to shoot me.
Speaker 1: At check, run me my money, all right. This one is from John Reed. He says happy June teenth and Pride month. Yes, happy Pride, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially Juneteenth. Yes, yeah, we don't get our love. I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, because they're trying to like, did Trump take that holiday away?
Speaker 2: Is that no longer a federal holiday? Veterans Day, Memorial Day? Juneteenth? All of them throw them in the change can.
Speaker 1: He said that to Veterans Day Memorial's Day too, Okay, I might be making that up, Okay, but I think he.
Speaker 2: Did say Veterans Day, he said he. I think he want to call it Trump Day something something crazy. Oh God, ok I can't wait for this to be over.
Speaker 1: It is entertaining, though it's I'm not entertained, no longer entertained by this foolishness because it's just like you think this so the people of this country and this country is a joke to him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and leave Gaven alone. Just leave Gavon alone. Oh oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, moving on, So.
Speaker 1: John says, I was just curious, speaking of Pride Month, who do you consider your gay icons?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mine would be Mariah Carey whate that?
Speaker 2: And I don't understand it. What do you mean gay right? Okay? Or she's like but she's like a champion for gay rights? So is that or is that like? Okay? So I guess he means like who the gays love? He needs to specify, because that's how's Mariah Carriyer gay a gay icon?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Because I'm thinking, make any sense? I need some specification.
Speaker 1: She said, I've seen her live with My god Mom and it was fabulous. She's rumored to show up late.
Speaker 2: But she was right on time. We just trashed Mariah five minutes ago in the same episode. Clearly trash Mariah. What's the same? He's not gonna be our friends anymore. This is John read John, we love you.
Speaker 1: So I guess John is saying, like, uh, they don't have to be gay, but they are like an artist or a person that the gay community loves, like Share, yes, like a share or Madonna okay or yeah, or Mariah Carey.
Speaker 2: Or I want the person to be gay. Yeah. It's kind of like drag queens. Like there's drag queen queen icons by the way, yes, what is it? World Pride happens, and there there's the guy that owns tally Ho. Shout out to tally Ho. If anybody who watched photomach Nos, that's Karen's diner that she loves and I love it too. I go there with my children all the time.
Speaker 1: They have wonderful donuts by the way, Okay, their chocolate donut is to die for.
Speaker 2: Okay. So he ran in about the drag queen. Oh gay, I mean during World Pride. Oh nice, okay, and he said something to the effect of, oh my gosh, yeah, I love like the Rospal's Potomac and Robin. You were fribbing he was, And Bob the Drag Queen said, he you know what the real housepis Potomac was It acted like he ain't know who Robin was. Bob, have you lost your mind? You did a goddamn show with Robin Dixon. It was called Traders. Oh my god, and Bob, I'm like one of your things? But should I be? And so the guy that said that to him and looked at him like you know what I'm talking about? Like, what are you doing? Maybe you had had one too many to drink that day, Bob, I don't think he was. He was in his glory mode. But even in your glory and in your mom you're gonna deny Robin Dixon and Potomac. What are you doing? I don't. I don't think he watched Potomac. That's fine, but still like you should kind of know of it now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Bob the drag Queen. Okay, Oh so he was my gay icon. I take it back, Yeah, take it back, I take it. I like Chandela Chandela.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we love her. Yeah, she's she's very good, yes, very very good. Yeah, on top of her game. Okay, we got we got top of one more, all right, one more. Okay, this is from yat Nira.
Speaker 1: Okay, she said, Hey, gurlies, I love, love, love watching reasonably shady. Y'all are so funny and I love y'all's banter. So I'm watching Love Hotel right now, and I see myself in you so much and me. Yes, yes, you know what you want and don't lower your expectations at all and talk to the.
Speaker 2: Men as genuinely, genuinely you. Yep.
Speaker 1: I love how you talk back instead of just agreeing with everything they say. I hate when girls just agree with men just because, just because.
Speaker 2: Also, Earl is crazy for gas lighting Shannon. Earl over here is saying shame. You were supposed to know the trajectory of a hurricane and it it because of that. You should have been with me, You should have supported me. You gotta watch that episode. Oh my god, hilarious. Okay, oh my god, that's hilarious. Okay. Anyways, I love when y'all use new slang. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm an incoming sophomore in college right now, so I'm pretty familiar with slang, and I wanted to teach.
Speaker 2: Y'all some new words. Yes, give it to us, girl, give it to him. Yes, okay, some new words so I can tell grace. Right.
Speaker 1: The first one is negative aur, so a aura? Are My kids were like making fun of me for how I say it?
Speaker 2: Aura? Aura? Aura? Yeah, okay aura.
Speaker 1: The first one is negative aura or plus one thousand aura. Let's say someone trips, that's negative aura. If someone scores a half court shot backwards, that's plus one thousand ora.
Speaker 2: Yes, aura. Yes.
Speaker 1: The next word is huzz. I've never heard this one. Huzz is basically the person you're trying to impress, like a crush.
Speaker 2: Oh like your husband? Oh I guess so yeah. You can also use fine ship, fine ship. That's like oh yeah, no, no, like I've heard you know this. Oh well, they that's my fine ship. Well they had to not say ship, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like your girlfriend a boyfriend. Who isn't your girlfriend a boyfriend yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But they you know, they want to acknowledge that that's some fine ship, right, yeah, okay, okay, So if they don't say ship to you. What are they say? They they were telling me a story and they said fine, and then they spelled it out. Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The last word is nonchalant, probably the most popular word right now. It means calm, referring to a person or doing something without difficulty, like Robin is pretty nonchalant in my opinion, Love y'all and Love Y'all's podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, So slang, that's that's not slang, that's that's ye. But I guess they're words. I guess they're using it more often now. Okay. So Grace the other day was like, man, you need to say who is you?
Speaker 1: What? No?
Speaker 2: Who is you? Like if somebody's talking and you don't want to listen to what they have to say, you just look at him and say who is you? Who is you?
Speaker 1: Who is you?
Speaker 2: And I was like, did she learn that down in the South? I'm sure? And Grace watched Batty Batties Shot a Clock all the time. She'd be watching Africa Batties, Batties, Batties going Wild. She loved it. Oh lord there. I don't know where she got the subscription prescription whatever for the Zoos channel. I don't know where she got the money for that, but she I think she's hacking somebody's anyway. She said, if I don't want to hear somebody talking, I need to look at him and say who is you? Who is you? And I need to say it like that. She made me practice in the mirror. Who is you? All right? Sorry? So are you going to use that on someone? Oh? Maybe? All right, all right, let's use it. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can deliver it well, but okay, So a question that now we're referring to the fine shit, Like, so your girls don't curse around you?
Speaker 2: Right? They ask for permission? Oh they do, yeah, and then they say the word yes. If they asked me for permission and I say okay, they said they will say.
Speaker 1: The word okay, yeah okay. So like apparently a lot of these parents are like letting their kids like kids just curse all the time. Yeah, Like I always hear it. Some of my my kids are on they have a bunch of friends on a group chat. They always like on FaceTime. It might be like fifteen kids at one time.
Speaker 2: And those kids just are like cursing up a store, yeah, talking crazy, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, and so I'm like, Corey and Carter, I know y'all don't talk like that, like you know, and so did they say no or yes? They say no, and like Carter will tell, He'll he'll tell if you know, if he had to, But the friends say they don't talk like that either. We ask the friends like they talk like this to y'all. They like, so, no, they know better, they know better, they know better. But I'm like, and even the other day, we were at Corey's basketball practice and Wyam was talking to one of the players. He's like a soop a rising soft more right, and he was asking about like this team that he had played on before, and he's like, yeah, their dog shit.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh what the hell. Mom was like what right. I'm like, my kids, Oh my god, there's no kids that will ever cuss in front of me. And it's so funny because there's there have been times where like one of their girlfriends will call and they're upset about something and they're just going on a rant and then like, my kids will be like, well, I'm sitting here with my mom right. They're mortified. They're like, oh, so yeah, they're not they're not doing that around the parents, So I appreciate that that's a respect there, right exactly, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I'm like, no, like y'all, y'all, you can't curse around me, and you can't curse outside of us, Like you can't curse with your friends, like because they're not gonna make that happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, because you gotta. I always tell my kids, like, well, what you're gonna say in the interview when you're trying to get a job ship damn all right, that is our episode, Joae. We love y'all so much shit. Damn Yeah, did I never forget to live your life? E The Reasonable or Shady or Boo motherus Damn by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady