Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paulian.
Speaker 1: It is hardware week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, championship week.
Speaker 1: If you're listening right now, that probably means you've got at least one team left in a championship situation. We are here to guide you to the hardware. I'm Paul Charchie and co host today Matt Harrison and Thorneistrom.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I I hope it's more than like two twelfths of like the fantasy players out there listening. Still, it might be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think a lot of people get pretty bitter about fantasy football when they get when they get eliminated. I certainly do, yeah, And so I mean, I understand you. You have no leagues left, and you're like di, I can't listen to people who care right.
Speaker 3: Now, and I have no team alive.
Speaker 4: That was rude when Thor came in and just threw the copy machine across the building, and so angry.
Speaker 1: I watch off of space last night. So we've got plenty to get to. We're gonna break down all the games and there's there's with all the injuries that have mounted here at the end of the season, there's a lot of moving parts in these We're gonna try to give you the best advice with what we know about the injury situations. We've got the take a chance of me players that still count for various people in various situations. And we'll answer three tough questions, all forward looking as we look to next year. Let's begin with the Patriots taking on the Bills. And by the way, before we even get to that, Matt like remind listeners, don't like unsubscribe now, you know we keep going. We're fifty two weeks a year, that's true, don't unsubscribe.
Speaker 4: And we have thorn Nystrom and nobody knows the NFL draft better than thor Nystroms.
Speaker 1: Season is coming, yeah, all right, time of the year. Our off season is going to be so much more informed than it has been in years past. Best time of the year, draft season. I can't wait. See then, would you have been talking about Pooka Nakua? You talked about it here on this show in August. Would you have been talking about it on Fantasy Football Weekly in March?
Speaker 5: Well, yes, yeah, because we discovered him at the Senior Bowl last year, you know, and and at b YU he had flashed when he was on the field. It was just the injury thing, and then he didn't test quite as well. But he dusted people when he was on the field, and we are going to point people to sleepers.
Speaker 1: Early on, I was looking at Jaron Hall going back through some Jared Hall BYU taped to just because he's starting for the Vikings. We'll talk about that at the end of the show as we do that matchup. Man, he had he had some deep downfield connections to Pooka and Puka was just shreddinged dudes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when Pooka was on the field, Jaren Hall was good. When Pucka was not on the field, for By, I was about it not as good.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got justin Jefferson.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: He does sign back to Patriots Bills. Man, let's start on the Patriots side. There's only one player that really is meaningful here for this week, Ezekiel Elliott. He's been pretty good the last since Romandre Stevenson's been out. He's out for this one. Do you like him here?
Speaker 4: Sure? You just did the Patriots side of my matchup for me? That's a B grade for Elliott. He probably gets another twenty touches this week, and the Bills are allowing four point four yards per carry. That's sixth worst in the league. They're also bottom ten in both receptions and receiving yards allowed to opposing backs, and Zeke had eleven targets and nine catches last week. In fact, he's averaging seven catches over the past three weeks with Bailey Zappi, so lot of PPR work for Zeke here, but the entire passing game for the Pats is on the bench. Zappi has looked serviceable over the past few weeks, but the Bills are top eight in passing yards and passing scores allowed, so the matchup is brutal. On the Bill side. Josh Allen easya over his last five meetings with the Patriots, he's averaging two hundred and seventy three yards and three passing scores per game, and he's never had fewer than sixteen rushing yards against New England, so he'll add on a little bit there. But Stefan Diggs, that one's a little more interesting.
Speaker 1: How about this championship week you might have to bench stuff on Diggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he hasn't been very digsy since Week six. That was the last time he hit one hundred yards. He's only scored three times in the past nine games. The Pats defense has been middle of the pack against wide receivers. They've allowed a big day recently to Rashie Rice, but pretty much held almost every other wide receiver in check and looking through the corners. Only Jonathan Jones has a passer rating under one hundred and his coverage though, so the matchups still okay. I kind of like this as a get right game for Bills and Digs here. I'm gonna give him a B grade. I don't feel as confident about Gabe Davis. I don't know how you could. He's either boom or bust. His last four games include one oh five in a score, one thirty in a score, and two games where he didn't catch a pass. So you're absolutely playing with fire if starting him. But maybe you went up against some of the guys on Thursday night, like Bryce Hall, who had a nice big game. Maybe you need that boom er bus player. In that case, you can start Gabe Davis with a C grade. You cannot start Dalton Kincaid or Dawson Knox. Or Dawson Kincaid or Dalton Knox neither are getting targets right now since Knox return. Kinkaid is seeing three point six targets per game and Knox is only getting one point six. And the Pats have the second best tight end defense in the league, so they're all on the bench. If you're in a league it's just a redraft league, you can drop Dalton Kincaid and use that roster spot to block an opponent, or find a little depth and maybe find a good guy that we got a lot of good guys that we're going to talk about and take a chance on me. Lastly, James Cook. He gets a B grade. The workload has been fantastic over the last month, but the Patriots haven't allowed a runner to top seventy yards on the ground since Week seven. They do allow a lot of opposing running backs through the air damage though in their last three games alone, opposing backs are averaging almost nine receptions per game and about sixty receiving yards per game. That's a ton of work through the air, and I think James Cook gets almost all of it, even though Leonard Fournette, Hey, he was active last week.
Speaker 1: How about that. Yeah, doesn't worry me a lot, not at all. Cook does worry me. I think this is this is a tricky matchup. It's a tricky spot for him. Let's go over to Saints Bucks thor Derek Carr. I've got some interest in Derek Carr. In fact, I forgot he's might take a chance and I move this one to the first segment in my mistake, am I allowed to say a couple of things about Derek Carr? Save it for my take a chance? Okay? All right? Spoiler alert, Yes I like him a lot too. Yes, but also my wide receivers in this matchup. You know who that is and mutual love their charity, that's right. So you can't talk about him either, Yeah, yeah, so yeah, we'll wait on that one.
Speaker 5: Alvin Kamara, I'm giving an a It's also a good matchup for him. RB three and Fantasy points per game number one. In targets, the Bucks struggled to tackle and as you guys know, Kamara breaks a lot of them Bucks up the six highest misstackle rates since week eleven. The volume, of course, is going to be there for Kamaras, so it goes without saying. Chris Olave also in a the Bucks have allowed the most receiving yards to wide receivers. I think Church will probably get into that a little bit more he started talking about it, But yeah, Olave.
Speaker 1: Is definitely an A. Yeah, love Olave here, love him.
Speaker 5: You have to keep Taysom Hill on the bench after what we've seen in the last two games. He only had one point seven total PPR points combined against the Giants, and Rams only played twenty two snaps in those games combine. You just can't trust the usage in a championship game, or I wouldn't be able to. I gotta keep him on the bench. The tight end you want to play here is Juwan Johnson. I give him a b touchdowns in two straight games and the Bucks have allowed the fifth most fantasy points the tight ends. Tampa has also coughed up fifteen or more point PPR points to three straight tight ends that they have faced. I think it's a good matchup for him going over to the Bucks. Baker Mayfield, I give him a B. He scored at least twenty four fantasy points in three straight games, had two hundred and forty six passing yards and three touchdowns against these very same Saints in Week four, and these Saints, you guys will recall, just gave up twenty five fantasy points to Matthew Stafford. Yeah, Rashad White, we were talking about him before the show.
Speaker 1: I love Rashad White.
Speaker 5: This week, I love him, you are, but tell me why I give him an a RB seven and fantasy. This year, he's averaging twenty touches ninety two total yards per game this The Saints run defense was better earlier on in this season, but it has regressed now, which to me makes this a good matchup for White. New Orleans has allowed the second most rushing yards per game since Week eleven, So I really like Rashad Mike Evans, I'm giving him an A wide Receiver eight in fantasy, and keep in mind Marshawn Lattimore will not be active this week. Saints have run the fourth have the fourth highest rate of single high coverage since Week twelve against single high Get this, Mike Evans are ridiculous three point two yards per route run and thirty two percent first reach share. Oh Man, Mayfield looks at him all the time against that coverage. Look, he is going to get pounded with targets here. For that reason, I did not Godwin Chris Godwin down to a sea. He does have those eleven plus targets three games in a row, so some people out there are probably be more bullish than me. Fourteen point PPR points are more in his last two games, all the way up to wide receiver thirty nine and fantasy points per game now, and he did have a big game against the Saints earlier this season. I will say eight catches for one hundred and fourteen yards on eleven targets. But this for me is the bonanza matchup for Evans. I think Godwin takes a little bit of a back seat here. He is startable as a third wide receiver. Godwin is, but I just have to give him a seed.
Speaker 1: All right. I'll mention this back to our slight disagreement on Rashad White. Saints have been great against running backs through the air, and that's where with shod White has given you this safe seat, this safe floor. Yeah right, and I'm gonna pull the stats up here for in just a second. Here, New Orleans gives up a league low three point three receptions to running backs per game and the third lowest receiving yards per game, and they've given up one receiving touchdown to a running back all year.
Speaker 5: So it's probably got to come on the ground. Yeah, it's good context. Okay, fine, I'll knock him down to a beat.
Speaker 1: That's I'd have him as a beagrau R knock him down to be Let's go h Miami taking on Baltimore. That is my game, beginning with Tyreek Hill a gray despite a very tough matchup against an excellent Raven secondary targeted fourteen times last week, which is repeatable here with Jalen Waddle out again, so this should be a green light game for him. Tough matchup, but it's it's Tyrek Hill. He got you here. You're gonna keep playing. Actually, I should never say that just because a guy got you here does not mean you should play him.
Speaker 4: No, you should play him because he's Tyreek Hill and he's awesome.
Speaker 1: You got you here right here? Decisions. Yeah, let's stay with the passing game. The only other person you really care about here is Toua Tua Toungo via lois touchdowns over the last three games zero one and one. That's it. And over his last seven games, Tua is averaging one point two touchdowns per game. That that's it. Not the elite numbers you think of when you think of the Miami passing attack and w who's gotten fed Tyreek Hill and getting Tyreek obviously helps. Facing Baltimore does not. They've allowed the fewest passing yards, they've allowed the fewest passing touchdowns, and they have the fourth most interceptions. And they just put Brock Purty on the worst game of his career. So there's a lot of reason for caution on Tua, just to see grade you can go to take a chance on me. For players, I like more quarterbacks more than Tua. The running backs. Let's start with Rahem Mostert. He's got this leg injury right, He's been nursing like nine different things. Probably going to play in this game, expected to go. Baltimore is a good run defense, not great, and volume backs generally fare well. But the problem is most it's not really a volume back anymore.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Opposing runners with fourteen or more total touches are averaging one hundred and two yards, which is great, but fourteen or more it's not necessarily Mostard's gig anymore. He's always injury prone, and he's getting and fewer snap shares. His snapchare has dropped in three straight weeks, down to twenty nine percent last weeks. For Raheem Moster, I can only get you to a C grade in this game. C grade for Devin h Chan. If most are surprises in sit then I would upgrade eight Cham, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Happen. I mentioned Ravens a great pass defense, just an okay run defense, so the opportunities could be there. Baltimore is only allowing four has only allowed four rushing touchdowns all year. No backs top thirty two receiving yards since way back in Week seven, and only one back has a receiving touchdown against them going all the way back to Week three. But they're not in vulnerable. We do see backs to get it done. Christian McAffrey obviously last week. You know he's an exception. They also ring twenty six and run stuff win rates, so you can get a little something done here between most and eight. Haan but they're gonna divvy up the work and I can only put a C grade on both of them. Let's go over to Baltimore, starting with Lamar Jackson. Miami's pass defense looks good on paper, especially since Jalen Ramsey's return, but five of the past six quarterbacks to face Miami either are or were backups, so I think they're kind of a paper tiger. The handful of capable passers to face Miami all year have generally fared well, although not explosively. Jackson has rushed for at least forty yards and seven straight games, but no quarterback is top twenty five rushing yards against Miami all year, so the rushing is not an automatic. And I've got a B grade on Lamar Jackson. B great on Zay Flowers. No rookie wall here for Jay Flowers at all. Playing his most impactful football in December, He's now scored in three of his last four games. He's coming off a career high thirteen targets against San Francisco, and it is a dream matchup for Flowers if they decide to run him in the slot, which he normally plays outside left right slot evenly, but he's their best slot receiver, and if they go in the slot against cater Ko who, this could be a big game. He allows a one hundred and thirty passer rating. He's been burned for six scores. That is the third most of all players in the NFL. Zay Flowers, good luck grade, good luck. I like that opportunity. Yeah, Isaiah Likely since taking over from Mark Andrews averaging a healthy six targets per game, more than any Ravens wide out other than Jay Flowers. He's a downfield dread. He's averaging almost fifteen yards per reception for Isaiah Likely. He's so athletic and so fast. The Dolphins used linebacker Duke Riley to cover tight ends. He's allowing a sixty eight percent catch rate, which is pretty good. Likely. He's only been targeted in the red zone one time, and granted, you know he's only been starting for a month, but still the fact that he's only gotten one red zone target tells you that his upside's probably capped here. And I've only got a C grade on Isaiah Likely. Gus Edwards clocks in with a C grade. He saw an uptick in usage last week with Keaton Mitchell out but saw fewer snaps than Justice Hill, who remains very involved. Frustratingly involved, though in fairness, Justice Hill didn't look bad last week. Gus gives you touchdowns and he continues to give you a lot of goal line looks, including three carries last week from inside the five yard line. You're here for the touchdowns with Gus. I think he's you've got a slightly better than coin Flip's chance to get one, even though only Derrick Henry has scored on the ground against this team Miami since week eight. Gus Edwards c grade. When we come back, take a chance on me. You've already gotten a sneak preview. If you've paid attention, you already know two players that are coming. In addition to those Saints players. Find out the other seven players that you could potentially pick up off the waiver wire and start this week. When we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, take a chance on me. Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Many of these guys available on the waiver wire. It's championship week, but with all the injuries and all the weirdness that's going on this week, these guys might be able to help you legitimate chances to pick up players that will give you a championship. We begin at the quarterback position. Matt Harrison.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not advocating that everyone should start Gardner Minshew this week, but I'm forced to do so in a super flex league. So if you want to have you know, the solidarity with me here. But I don't feel too poorly about having them go up against the Raiders. The Raiders have allowed games of over two hundred and fifty passing yards to Zech Wilson and Easton Stick in the last six weeks. They've also allowed multiple touchdown passes in three of their last five, and Minshew runs the ball about four times per game. Since Week nine, five different quarterbacks hit the four rush attempt mark against the Raiders. Their average rushing line is thirty one yards, and none of them were premier rushing quarterbacks. So two point fifty through the air a solid chance of two scores and thirty yards on the ground. I'll take it.
Speaker 5: You take a chance on me quarterback, or I'm going with Tyrod Taylor against the Rams. In his last start Week seven against Washington, twenty six fantasy points, two hundred and seventy nine passing yards two touchdowns. Last week in relief one hundred and thirty three passing yards one touchdown. He did have the interception twenty one rushing yards. Of course, he gives you that dual threat ability to adding to the fantasy value. Five quarterbacks in a row have scored at least twenty fantasy points against the Rams. That defense gives up lots of fantasy points to quarterbacks. I think Tyrod could steal some here if in two quarterback league especially, I think he's startable.
Speaker 1: Derek Carr loved this matchup against the Bucks. He's the ultimate hit or miss quarterback. He's got six games with over three hundred yards and five games at one nine or less. Even though Carr missed in the first matchup with the Bucks, that was way back in Week four, and the Bucks pass defense has degraded massively. We heard Thorp hit on some of this already. Since we gate, the Bucks lowed the most passing yards three hundred per game. Five of the past nine quarterbacks have topped three hundred yards, and the few quarterbacks they have held down since Week six or first year starters or have been benched at least one time. So I love the opportunity for Derek Carr. Here, let's go to the running backs.
Speaker 4: Matt Zamir Whites my pick at running back. He's going against the Colts this week. First off, Josh Jacobs hasn't practiced this week, just was downgraded to doubtful, so it's likely White's backfield again. And it was his backfield last week against a much tougher Chiefs defense. He had twenty two carries one hundred and forty five yards in that game. It's much easier against the Colts. In the last six games that Indy has played, ten different running backs have hit the double digit PPR mark against them. That's in six games. They're allowing about one hundred and fifty two combo yards per game and over a touchdown per game to opposing runners. It's all Zamir White, and I would guess charge that you probably have him in your top ten in running backs this week.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, right now, he's sitting at twelve, but I'm I may be inching him up higher than that. It's gonna be very close. White looked frankly awesome, pretty good to the Chiefs last week.
Speaker 4: He will be there starting running back next year.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that is correct. So you take a chance on me running back.
Speaker 5: I got someone else for you to inch up in your rankings. You're gonna have to go a little bit lower down. But I like this this guy for this game, and I love him for next year. Julia McLaughlin against the Chargers here. So I'm gonna start this off with an early twenty twenty four hot take. I think this kid is a top twenty five all fantasy running back next year because I think Sean Payton is looking at him as his Elvin Kamara. Last week, McLaughlin had ten touches for sixty seven total yards. I think another sneaky strong game is coming here. Also, keep in mind the Broncos they don't care about winning here. They just bench their quarterback for financial reasons. Why would they not get McLaughlin more usage, looks, touches everything here in the last couple of games. And the Chargers have a horrific running defense. Since Week eleven, they've copped up the thirteenth highest explosive run rate, ninth most rushing yards per game. You can run on those guys, you can catch on those guys. McLaughlin can do both. I think a decent games coming here for him.
Speaker 1: Javonte Williams usage keeps going down, and I guess my thinking was that'll reverse this week now that they've got Jared Stidham at quarterback. But maybe those extra reps just go to Julia McLaughlin.
Speaker 5: And by the way, contextually, Denver badly needs to move up and draft order for next year.
Speaker 1: They don't have any cap room now. They don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 5: There's at most if JJ McCarthy comes out, it's four deep in round one. If JJ McCarthy doesn't come out, it's three deep. They need to get his h Ken. Yeah, I'm not saying there's been discussions there, but there may have been discussions there.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Gainwell goes up against the Cardinals. They've allowed the most fantasy points to running backs, the fourth most rushing touchdowns to running backs, and the second most rushing yards to running backs. So many backup runners have posted good days against Arizona. I'm not going to waste your time by listing them all here and burning up valuable minutes of this show. They've also allowed the most receiving touchdowns to running backs, and that's more Gainwell's game than Swift's game. Gainwell averaging thirty two snaps per game over the last month. That is a big uptick from earlier in the year. And if you think the Eagles are gonna get way ahead of Arizona, Swift could get rested for much of this game as they start saving him for the playoffs and the game script's gonna turn run heavy. Kenneth Gainwell nice opportunity this week. Let's go to the receivers, including the tight end position.
Speaker 4: Man, I've got Brandon Cooks and I'll tell you a little bit about it later, but I think this is a huge passing day for the Cowboys offense. I think Dak could throw the ball fifty times in this game, fifty fifty. Cooks will line up most often against corner Khalil Dorsey, who will likely be covering for the injured Cameron Sutton. He's only been on the field for fifty one snaps this year, and last week against the Vikings, Nick Mullins only threw at him three times, but it ended up with fifty three yards in a touchdown and the score. He was completely fooled and just burned so badly by kJ Osborne. It's funny. He like almost fell over. It was so bad. So But even if Cameron Sutton does go this week, he's allowing a one h nine passer rating in his coverage, and on the other side, Jerry Jacobs is allowing a one oh seven passer rating. By the way, if you're completely desperate for a wide receiver, Michael gallups a bonus. Take a chance on me guy here extra yeah.
Speaker 1: Extra player. I like it, all right, let's go to thor You're take a chance from your receiver.
Speaker 5: I'm digging at the bottom of the barrel here and I hate myself for doing it, but I'm gonna advocate for Jonathan Mingo here against the Jaguars. He's only wide receiver seventy seven and fantasy has zero touchdowns. But this is an ideal matchup for a late season showcase for Mingo. Obviously, Bryce Young's playing better. We'll talk about that more in a bit, but here here's here's where the rubber meets the row. Beyond that, Jaguars run a ton of too high coverage. Since Week eleven, Mingo has been Bryce Young's too high safety blanket guy. Mingo has a twenty seven percent target share and a forty percent first reach share against too high coverage during that stretch. If he's ever gonna break out this season, this is the game I'm going.
Speaker 1: With our guy, Rashid Shiheed Door. Yes, the mutual love fest for Shiheed, one of the break downfield bombs away receivers among wideouts with at least thirty receptions. He's fifth in a dot at a whopping fourteen point nine yards. He's a low volume guy, so you gotta pick your spots and you need the deep connection. But it could certainly follow happen here. The have dropped to twenty ninth and yards allowed to opposing wide receivers twenty ninth and fantasy points to wide receivers. The last two teams to face the Bucks, Green Bay and Jacksonville, had there just the wideouts total two hundred and fifteen yards and two hundred and twenty three yards, gigantic numbers against the Bucks.
Speaker 5: Rashika Heat Bucks also give up the fourth most deep yards in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I love it, chicks loved that the long ball and she heat hit some. Nothing not to like it, all right, Raiders taking on the Colts Man.
Speaker 4: Zamir White was my take a chance on me runner and the Colts have a bad run defense, as I talked about, but a really good pass defense. They've only allowed one three hundred yard passer in their last eleven games, and they're mostly giving up zero or one touchdown passes in that time. So I don't like much of the Raiders passing game. If you're even thinking about starting eight and O'Connell, I know, I just want to know what kind of league are you in?
Speaker 1: Well, the two quarterback league. Two quarterback managed like a four quarterback league. We're gonna go as the rest of our lives before a team fails to complete a pass in the second, third, and fourth quarter and wins by two touchdowns. Yeah, probably two scores.
Speaker 4: DeVante Adams is really only the consideration out of the passing game. Even in the last month with O'Connell under center, he's still averaging ten targets per game. He did ghost you last week in case, but so did most of the offense. I'll give Adams a volume C grade at the wide receiver position. That's it. On the Colt side, I'm giving Jonathan Taylor an A grade here. I will mention Zach Moss has practiced some this week in limited fashion.
Speaker 1: But they ruled him out on Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh did they already do that? Well, that's great. That makes it even easier. The Raiders have allowed the eighth most combo yards in the league this year to opposing runners, at one thirty three per game, and they allowed just under a touchdown per game as well. I think it's a twenty touch day for Taylor. If he gets the twenty touches, one hundred combo yards and a score looks like a lock. Michael Pittman did not play last week with a concussion. He's trending the right way and they took off the injury report. He's been limited in practice all week with the non contact injury on. But he's gonna be active and he's gonna go right back to double digit targets, as he's had in four of his last five match up. Middle of the pack. The top wide receivers for teams have done pretty good against the Raiders, though Saint Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tyreek, Rashie Rice, even Josh Palmer had great fantasy days against the Raiders in the past seven weeks. So Pittman gets a solid B. Josh downs an interesting dart throw as well. I'll give him a C grade. He runs from the slot, he'll mostly see Nate Hobbs. The Chiefs picked on Hobbs last week. Get this, They targeted him eleven times last week, eight catches seventy two yards in a score coming in his coverage. They absolutely just murdered Nate Hobbs. Gardner Minshew as might take a chance on me quarterback. All done, Let's go to the Rams taking on the Giants.
Speaker 1: Since the tenth game of the season for the Rams, Matthew Stafford went from well, let me phrase this better. Weeks one through nine, Matthew Stafford was core Fantasy quarterback D three, one spot ahead of Mac Jones. Then from week ten to now he's quarterback two in Fantasy PS. So now he gets the Giants. On paper, they look like an OK pass defense, but good passers like Stafford have torn him up all year.
Speaker 5: What do you think I'm giving him a B. The context is great there. I mean, yeah, he's been killing at the last five games and also the past two. You want to go to that and look at a different metric. PFF grades above ninety flat.
Speaker 1: Each of those two games. So He's been playing great, and obviously you mentioned the matchup.
Speaker 5: Derek Carr and Jalen Hurts both finished his top ten fantasy quarterbacks last two weeks against the Giants. I just think that more the usage is going to be going on the ground here a little bit, so I'm putting Stafford out of b Kyrien Williams. I give him an a RB two and fantasy points per game number one in snapshare since returning from his injuries, averaging twenty six touches one hundred and thirty eight total yards per game. Killer shout out to Brian Johnson, who's banging the drum for him all summer and contextually, since Week eleven, the Giants have allowed the fifth most run yards per game.
Speaker 1: Very good matchup for him.
Speaker 5: I'm giving Puka an a here a Puka Nakua my boy wide receiver nine in Fantasy points per game number six and receptions number three in receiving yards. Needs only nine catches to break Jalen Waddles rookie record of one hundred and four. Needs only one hundred and forty six receiving yards to break Bill Grohman's record sid in nineteen sixty Bill Groman, Bill Groman, all right, yeah, yeah, but yeah, very close. And the Giants here have an average pass defense. Puka's matchup proof. Either way, It's weird for me that my first take on this show, I'm never going to top it with Oh you're ton Yeah, that's all all downhill from there. But yeah, start, you're obviously starting Pooka. You're gonna be starting Cooper Cup here as well. I'm I'm giving him an A. Maybe I should bump Stafford up to an A. You know, I got his about these guys, but Cup wide receiver twenty four fantasy in fantasy points per game.
Speaker 1: The aggressive Giants, You.
Speaker 5: Guys know they love mar Martin Dale and those guys they love funding the Blitz. Because of that, their top five in single high coverage rates since week eleven. Cooper Cup is the guy that leads the rams and target share against single high coverage since week twelve, when he's been getting healthier. I had to shout out DeMarcus Robinson in this and give him a C grade.
Speaker 1: Man, I did not see this. Crazy. He's caught a touchdown in four straight games. Unreal.
Speaker 5: There's only eight other wide receivers in the NFL. Who can say the same this year. It is a very short list just because of that and the chance that it could happen in a fifth rate. He's startable in bigger leads, especially as a flex kind of a guy. I can't advocate for starting Tyler Higbee. There's just too much inconsistency there. I think the usage here is all going to the wide receivers, flipping over to the Giants Tyret Taylor as might take a chance on me.
Speaker 1: Quarterback Saquon Barkley. I give him a B.
Speaker 5: He's running back ten and fantasy points per game number four in snapshare.
Speaker 1: But this is a brutal matchup.
Speaker 5: As you guys know, only four running backs have scored double digit fantasy points against the Rams since Week four, and you go just back to week eleven, the Rams have allowed the third fewest rushing yards per game. Not a great matchup. For sake one, he'll get the volume, so we'll give him a bee. Darius Slayton and Wondale Robinson. I'm gonna group them together, give them bull sees. Here's the reason why Rams run a ton of single high coverage. Robinson leads the Giants in single high target percentage the last five games.
Speaker 1: Slayton is number two. It's the guys that they look at.
Speaker 5: The Rams have allowed the tenth most yards per game to boundary wide receivers since Week ten. That's speaking to Slayton. The Rams have also allowed the seventh most touchdowns to slots in the same timeframe. That's speaking to Onan Dale. So they're potentially startable too if you're in a pinch. Darren Waller, lastly, I give him a be no lower higher, way lower lower. A limited practice on Wednesday, then the issue did return in full on Thursday, so he looks like he's gonna be a full go two games back. Six catches for seventy two yards, no touchdowns, eleven targets, but he gets a full game Tyrod Taylor here, I think that really helps him. And the other thing that really helps him, this is a really good matchup. The Rams have loved the six most fantasy points per game to tight ends this season, so that's why I got to stick with.
Speaker 1: The b I'm mister Waller. Matt was right all along, and Waller he all off seas shout out to me, don't don't do it, don't do it, And I did it.
Speaker 3: Was right.
Speaker 1: I bid on that on Twitter. I asked people earlier this week, if you're in the championship game, what was the one move, the one decision that got you here? The two answers overwhelmingly two of the three, Tyron Williams, Hohoka Nakuwa, both of them on this show from preseason, not me. That was Store and that was Brian. Well done, guys.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: When we come back Cardinals and Eagles, we'll talk through that matchup this It sounds pretty straightforward, but is James Connor somebody you can trust? Find out when we come back. Welcome back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchi and Matt Harrison Thorn Eistrom with you big block of matchups right here, beginning with Arizona taking on Philadelphia. James Connor has been matchup proof of late, despite some very tough opponents. In another one here, He's scored four times in his last three games. He's reached at least eighty nine combo yards in three games straight. And meanwhile, Philly's normally very tough run defense has allowed a rushing score in four consecutive games and at least eighty four total yards to a runner in five straight games, so they're yielding right now. James Connor safe start B great. Now the passing game is going to be with our Marquis Brown, who went on season ending. I are you'll remember a free agency awaits the next step for Marquise Brown, and he demanded a trade because he wanted to get off out of the Ravens. Yeah, I was. That's ultimately not gonna have proven to be a very good choice. Trey McBride's the only receiver you'd think about starting here. Mixed outlook for McBride since way back in Week eight. He's averaging a whopping nine targets per game nine and volume tight ends farewell against the Eagles. Tight Ends with six or more targets are averaging sixty yards and almost a full touchdown per game against Philly. But you may recall the Eagles added linebacker Shack Leonard, who's very good in coverage, and no opposing tight end has scored against the Eagles since he arrived. So I can only get you to a B grade on Trey McBride, Kyler Murray C grade without Brown, he's pretty ham strung with only Rondel Moore and Greg Dortsch at wide receiver. Eagles are a soft matchup. They allow the second most fantasy points to quarterbacks, and they've faced backup quarterbacks the last couple of weeks and been yielding to them, and in prior to that, they're getting really killed, allowing six straight quarterbacks to throw multiple touchdowns. The only mobile quarterback to face the Eagles all year, Josh Allen, rolled up eighty one yards and two scores. So maybe Murray helps you out on the ground C grade. Let's cover to the Philly side Jalen Hurts and aj Brown obvious as against the Cardinals. Don't have to spend any time on that. DeAndre Swift also clocks in with an A grade. Earlier, I told you Kenneth Gainwell might take a chance on me running back. So for all the same reasons, I love DeAndre Swift even more because he's going to get way more work. So an obvious start an A grade for DeAndre Swift as well, and then a couple of guys that are a little murkier DeVante Smith B grade for him when Dallas got it returned. I think we were all in this show. We talked about this, We were worried that he'd eat into Smith's workload, but that has not materialized at all. Smith's been very consistent. Going back two months. He's averaging six catches for eighty yards. He hasn't on under fifty yards in any game in two months. The Cardinals keep plowing through cornerbacks. You gonna find anybody who's remotely competent at cornerback. They're now starting something called Starling Thomas the Fifth.
Speaker 4: You made that name up.
Speaker 1: He is allowing receptions at the third highest rate in the league. So DeVonta Smith B grade for him and Dallas Goddard comes in with a C grade finally got back to for him last week with his biggest game since his injury. He's still suffering from a lack of red zone usage, though, averaging just an eighteen percent target share on red zone throws. It's just not getting the hand zone. The Cardinals have been a shockingly competent tight end defense, but they were hit for big games the past two weeks by Cole Kmett and George Kittle. Prior to those two, no tight end to top forty yards since all the way back in Week two can only get you to a C grade. On Dallas Goddard. Next game up, Detroit Lyons Dallas Cowboys. This is the Saturday night game, Matt. This is two teams that may very well end up me again in the playoffs. What do you think here?
Speaker 4: They very much could. I'm gonna start with a Monross Saint Brown. I'm giving him an A. The Cowboys have allowed the fifth most receiving yards to opposing wide receivers over the last five weeks, but the rest of the receivers are a dart throw at best, as Josh Reynolds, Jamison Williams, and Khaliff Raymond are about an even split of snaps recently. The best out of those bunch would be Williams, who's seeing the most targets. But I don't think i'd start any of those guys. Sam Laporte, I'm just giving him a C grade in this game. Ever since George Kittle put up three touchdowns on three catches against Dallas in Week five, tight ends have basically disappeared against the Cowboys in the ten weeks since Week five. The very best game for a tight end against Dallas was Gerald Everett's three catches sixteen yards in a score. What that was the best game of the game. They haven't played a ton of great tight ends in that span, mostly just Dallas Goddard twice, but they've only allowed three tight end scores in the last ten games, and no tight end is top sixty yards. Jared Goff gets a B grade. Traditional pocket pass types have had some recent success against the Cowboys. Sam Howell and Gino Smith both top three hundred yards in recent weeks, and Tua got to two ninety three last week, So a B grade for Goff. Montgomery and Jamier Gibbs they're both getting B grades as well. The recent snap counts favor Gibbs, but Montgomery still averages more opportunities per game seventeen and a half for Montgomery, fifteen and a half for Gibbs over the last five weeks. That's enough of a workload for both to be startable, and both rank amongst the top twelve in the league, both scoring at a pretty high clip. Gibbs has scored in seven of his last nine Monty and nine of the twelve games he's played this year.
Speaker 1: I think that both of them are getting fed like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the end zone, it's awesome, and Dallas is run the very enigmatic. They've They gave up only ninety one yards on the ground to the group of Miami backs last week. That's great, but they allowed two hundred and forty four rushing yards to the Bills the week before. On the other side, Cede Lamb and Dak Prescott both get A grades. It's much easier to pass on Detroit than Ron, as the Lions are seeing almost a two to one split in pass attempts to rushing attempts because the Lions pass defense has been as my kids say, sus secondary wide receivers have been in the mix two, which is why Brandon Cooks was might take a chance on me wide receiver. I do like Jake Ferguson enough to give him a start to he gets a B. Fantasy relevant tight ends have done well against the Lions. TJ. Hockinson was at four for fifty eight before tearing his ACL last week. Cole Comet five for sixty six. Mark Andrews went four for sixty three and two scores. And that's all the tight ends they faced this year. That's it. They faced like nobody else that's any good. The Lions have still allowed the eleventh most receiving yards to the tight end position after facing nobody. So Jake Ferguson's a b. I think the toughest decision in this whole game is Tony Pollard, and I saved him for.
Speaker 1: Last Boy did he erase a touchdown last week? Did you guys see this run? He's got like clear angle to the corner of where you know where the pylon is. Nope, turns it upfield, goes right into a guy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you've got it.
Speaker 4: Be kidding me like a six year old playing Madden Racer. So the Lions run defense has been great all year. No running back has topped sixty seven yards on the ground against Detroit this year. They allow an average of fifty nine yards per game to opposing runners. They've allowed the fourth fewest receptions to opposing backs, and no runner has scored a touchdown through the air on Detroit all year. Pollard's workload in the last two games has been way down to eleven carries and twelve carries for ninety total yards in those two contests.
Speaker 1: But Rico o'dowdell out, So maybe he you know, they've just got to be He's gonna get the ball forced back into his hand.
Speaker 4: I've got Tony Pollard on the bench. Forty five yard day for Pollard coming here, no touchdowns. He's gonna get swallowed up and he's not going to do anything.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought I had I had him down a running back twenty eight, which I thought was low.
Speaker 4: How about eighty two. Let's invert that, Carolina Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: You took the thor you took the bold move of putting Jonathan Mingo as you take a chance on me wide out. I'm assuming you like Adam Feelin in this game as well.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna give him a c you know. I think Mingo steps up in DJ Shark. I'll talk about him in a second. I also give dj ac but Thielan showing his age a little bit. Zero touchdowns since week six, He's only top fifty receiving yards three times since week eleven. It is a decent matchup, though, if you are desperate. The Jaguars have allowed the fifth most PPR points per target to slot wide receivers since week ten. DJ Shark, I also give him a seed. He's been a benefactor of Bryce Young's improved play. Six catches for ninety eight yards and two touchdowns last week against the Packers, and this is a revenge game for mister Shark. Shark has scored more than ten Fantasy points in his last two games against X teams. It's obviously playing one here in the Jaguars if you like that angle. Bryce Young mentioned he's turned in the corner since week fifteen, top ten in yards per attempt average and pass for rating. This is a good matchup for him as well to keep the good times rolling. Since week twelve, Jacksonville's bottom seven in passing yards allowed per game, yards per attempt a lot, and passing touchdowns as well, so we give.
Speaker 1: Him a c CHEWBA Hubbard.
Speaker 5: I'm also giving him a seas.
Speaker 1: All around toss and seas everywhere.
Speaker 5: Double digit points in five straight for Cuba minimum of seventeen touches in each of those games. He was limited in practice on Wednesday and Thursday with his hamstring injury, but was cleared to play on Friday, so he's a full go. Keep in mind, though, even if he's not one hundred percent, his backup Miles Sanders with his toe he is also not one hundred percent, so I don't know how they're going to mix a match there. Jacksonville has allowed more than thirteen fantasy points to running backs in five straight games. Because Jacksonville gives up the number one most receptions to opposing running backs, good matchup for Chuba if he is healthy enough to take advantage of it. But because there's a question about that, that's why I dined him down to a sea. You guys recall Mingo was my take a chance on me receiver. Moving over to Jacksonville, Trevor Lawrence was ruled out for this game on Friday with his right shoulder injury.
Speaker 1: With CJ. Bethards starting, you have to tick down the rest of the offense. I think Bethards looked non awful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not awful, but you know, certainly a downgrade from Pete Lawrence, Travis etn. He's got the best grade that I'm gonna give out on Jacksonville side.
Speaker 1: I give him a bee with a bit of trepidation all time. Man, I would too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, only eight Fantasy points per game in his last two on fewer than three yards per rush. I don't know what you know, what juice has been zapped out of him? Hasn't looked the same. He's only RB thirty in fantasy since Week ten, but unless he is out of gas, a bounce back game is coming here. The Jaguars are going to need to keep this on the ground more to protect CJ. Bethard and the Panthers allow an average of twenty six fantasy points per game to opposing running backs. Kelvin Ridley I give him a seed working with Bethard six catches for ninety yards and two touchdowns on nine targets last week, but this is obviously an if your outlook, Plus it's not the best matchup for him. The Panthers have allowed the fourth lowest fantasy points to wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Jay Jones is iffy for this game.
Speaker 5: Makes Ridley the only startable wide receiver on the Jakes for me, especially with Bethard. I don't care if Jay plays or not. Evan Ingram I give him a seat. Tight end six in fantasy and what has been a career best season number five and deep targets number seventeen in red zone targets, but this is a tough matchup here, even beyond CJ. Bether being behind center, Panthers have held tight ends to the sixth fewests receiving yards this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know with ETN really struggling down the stretch. Yeah, yeah, believe that's right. It's gonna be tank timing in week seventeen. I would love it. I would love it. I would love it too. It ain't happening. That was a bad call. Bye for some of us. Thanks for coming back for our number two Fantasy football weekly, beginning with three tough questions coming up next see if you can go three and oh as we start looking ahead to the twenty twenty four fantasy season. It is our number two Fantasy football weekly. Paul Charchie and Matt Harrison thor Nystrom with you if you'd like to follow us on Twitter x. I am at Paul Charchie and Matt is at Explosive Output and Thor's at thor Ku. How did a Ku do in They're Bowl game?
Speaker 3: We won?
Speaker 1: We beat UNLV Rock Chalk Baby Ada boy. Nicely done. Let's go right into the questions. Three tough questions.
Speaker 6: Play line Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: What's the most important rule change for twenty twenty four to get on the books now while people are still in fantasy football mode? I like bringing up your rule changes for next year now, when everybody's everybody's it's all top of mind right now. Usually people wait until August, they're trying to do it on draft day or whatever. Now's the time to get this stuff done. So again we begin with Matt Harrison. What's the most important rule change to get on the books now.
Speaker 4: One of the things I've liked recently, and this is kind of a Scott fish Bowl kind of a kind of a thing, is he added a lot of flex positions to his thing, and I think adding another flex to your league, I think is a fun way to do it. It's not a huge change to just add one additional flex position you're starting lineup, and but oh by the way, if you're not playing in a super flex league, make that a super flex position because it makes the quarterback so much more fun. Unless the year is twenty twenty three, because there's not enough.
Speaker 1: There's quarterbacks, yes, there is that at the NFL season is too long. Yeah, you know, everybody's hurt.
Speaker 4: They're they're going to go to eighteen weeks soon and do a double bye week two. That's going to happen.
Speaker 1: That's the wrong it's the wrong answer, it's the wrong solve for this problem thor what's the most important rule change for twenty twenty four? Fantasy owners can get on the books now.
Speaker 5: So I would have said the higher seed getting to pick their opponent playoffs, So we did. We did that now that I learned about that, But we talked about that last week, so I have.
Speaker 1: A different one. This is more a qualm that I have that I want fixed.
Speaker 5: Sites need to speed up how quickly they allow you to put a guy on IR. We've we've all had the guy who's injured and you know he's going to be out, he's been ruled out, but they haven't changed the designation to IR, so he can't put the guy on IR ergo. You can't sign his replacement for that week. There needs to be something done to change that to expediate this process, whether they allow leagues to do it, whether there's a setting that can be done, but you have to be able to put a guy on the IR earlier.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I want change. I imagine there are league settings where you can just let people put anybody on IR without them having to technically be on IR. But the problem is now you're you're putting it on my intuition and what I think, Right, I'm pretty sure he's not playing, so I'm stashing him on IR.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it would be if that if you put a guy on IR he ends up playing, you'd have to give that team a zero.
Speaker 1: You'd have to have a super punitive It has to be very, very punitive. Free agent blind bidding is the only way to go only. The only way to distribute free agent is blind bidding. If you're using any other way, you are a You're not you know, it's a league of total casuals. I mean, you are not at all fair minded. You are not at all serious about what you're doing.
Speaker 4: And every league software has it now, they all have they all have it. It's there, it's easy.
Speaker 1: Who did it first? I wonder was it commissioner? Product was the first to allow blind bidding?
Speaker 4: Was it Fanball Commissioner way back in the day. You know it's funny by George two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and three, Like, yes, it.
Speaker 1: Was, as a matter of fact, before you could do it anyplace else. Free agent blind bidding is the only way to distribute players.
Speaker 6: Yes, tough question number twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Charge unreal and we're still banging the drum That was after we were like, you should really try auctioning. You're gonna like it. Christian McCaffrey will be the consensus first overall pick next year. Who will be second? We go to thorn Eistrom.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I mean, I went back and forth on this. I went, I'm gonna go with Tyreek Hill, But Breeshaw would be my other answer because I think he could be the CMC Up next year. Breeseaw obviously he'll be fully healthy then, And I wanted to toss a couple of sleeper zone if I'm not gonna be stepping on TOAs I think Kyrin Williams is a sleeper for this.
Speaker 1: I also think Bjean if he gets a new coaching staff, is a sleeper for this as well.
Speaker 5: All right, but your answer, my answer is tyreek Kill officially locking it in Matt.
Speaker 1: Christian McCaffrey will be the consensus first overall pick next year who will be second?
Speaker 4: I have Justin Jefferson as number two, and I think that enough people will have figured out that, Yeah, Justin Jefferson missed a few weeks last in twenty twenty three, but in every week that he played, he's been awesome this year. So I can't see how the guy who's won one gets an injury for a little bit of the year comes back plays with basically nobody's at quarterback and is still putting up legit wide receiver one numbers. I think it's justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: I really went between those two, but it's to me, it's between Jefferson and Hill.
Speaker 4: Was that was my choice.
Speaker 1: It was really difficult the part on Hill that I found really interesting, and I was leaning Jefferson, and then I got to Hill. He's gonna turn thirty next year. H but he's got three of the top ten ball carrier speeds on this season are still Tyreek Hill. I mean, he hasn't lost a step. He's having a career year at twenty nine. By any metric you want to throw at Tyreek Hill, this is his best season, even including the Mahomes years. He's basically and here's the thing that Tyrek Hill's really ironed out of his game, no dud games with Patrick Mahomes. He would go eight catches, one hundred and seventy yards and two touchdowns, and then the next week he'd style you with three catches for thirty yards. And no scores and he'd kill you. Basically, no duds this whole year. It's only twenty six, which is a big factor as well. We're locked in with competent quarterbacking there as well, justin Jefferson with Kirk Cousins. Average game with Kirk Cousins this year eight catches for one hundred and thirty six Starns in his Cousins games and the Vikings. You know, if there was any doubt in this front office about how important Kirk Cousins was, you know, Nick Mullins and Josh Dobbs have removed that from this front office. Kirk Cousins is coming back to Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Did you see that the new Vegas odds on where Russell Wilson will land next year has Minnesota at the top to one, five to one.
Speaker 1: What No, let's hope that's not the case, but I can't right now as it stands today, as we're in the final throes of December, we don't know that for sure who the quarterback for the Vikings is going to be. So I've got to give the edge to Tyreek Hill tough.
Speaker 6: Question number three.
Speaker 1: How many running backs will be taken in the first round of a twelve team redraft next season. We've already seen do the opposite start to take over. It's it only took twenty years of talking about it on this show, all right, So let's look forward to next season. How many running backs are going to go in the first round? We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 4: I've got five, Christian McCaffrey, Bryce Hall, Jamier Gibbs, Kyrine Williams, and Jonathan Taylor. Those are my five that I have. The other guys I have going in the first round Jefferson Hill, Jamar Chase, Ceedee, lamb aj Brown, Monross, Saint Brown, and Garrett Wilson kind of rounded it out. But Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen have a thing to say about being at the tail end of the first round too.
Speaker 1: So you got five, yep? All right? Soor how many running backs will be taken in the first round of a twelve team red draft next season? You've already tipped your hand on several names.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: I have, and I had the same sort of thought process as mister Harrison. I also have five, just one name is different from his list. Instead of Jonathan Taylor, I bejon In there. I also have five running backs in Round one next year for running backs.
Speaker 1: All right, your non run this last year's running back. If you didn't draft Christian McCaffrey in the first round, you got stung yep period. So you know everybody else who drafted a running back, you know, and it's it's basically this way pretty much every year. There's about one running back who ends up maintaining the value of the first round pick, and everybody else gets smoked on their pick. And it's guys like Kyron Williams who show up basically out of nowhere that are housing leagues. People know that they're not taking They're not They're going to be hesitant to take running backs, including five. We only had three go on average last year. He'll Chase Jefferson, lamb A. J. Brown. I'm on Ross Saint Brown are locked in. People are going to go to court. These rushing quarterbacks are dominating leagues. Jalen hurts, Josh Allen. People are going to war this week with Gardner Minshew there. People want these big bodied rushing quarterbacks who score touchdowns, have the incredibly high floor. It hurts and Allen are going to go in the first round, Sam Laporta, it's gonna end up trending to the back of the first round.
Speaker 6: No, he won't.
Speaker 4: I think he'll be the first tight end off the board, but I don't think he'll make it to the first round.
Speaker 1: You know what, in a lot of leagues, you're probably right. But I think there's still a lot of owners that are like, look, I just want to be done. I want to be I want my tight end sure, and they're gonna take it. I won't be able to I like it. There's gonna be one of you. There's gonna be a Thornniserman every one of my leagues. That only leaves me with Christian McCaffrey in two more spots. So who the two are it's gonna be. I think it's gonna be Breese Hall Jonathan Taylor, but Jamior Gibbs might be in there. Kirien Williams might be in there as well. Correct answer three running backs. Let's go back to the matchups, Atlanta taking on Chicago. Speaking of Bjeon Robinson, man, I'm excited for their next coach, whoever that is, bears Arthur Smith out of there. It's gonna happen. If you know they know Arthur Blank knows it's it's gonna change. The Bears are very good against the run, allowing the third fewest rushing yards no runner. Get this, for the Bears, no runners top seventy six yards all year. What a great performance by them. But Robinson has a chance to shine through the air against Chicago. They've allowed excuse me, they've allowed the second most receptions, the most receiving yards, and the second most receiving touchdowns allowed to running backs. Robinson has top thirty routes run twice in the last three weeks, so I mean they're using them through the air, so there should be opportunities for receptions. Be great on Bejon Robinson, but you know you're playing with Arthur Smith, so you know there's plenty of fire here as well. Everybody else is on the bench, including this guy. Drake London hasn't scored since Week four, and aside from his totally unpredictable blow up game three weeks ago, he's averaging just four catches for forty eight yards. The Bear secondary much improved. London's looking at a long game against Jalen Johnson, who's turned into one of the best cornerbacks in the league, so he's on the bench. Kyle Pitts is on the bench. He's scored in two of the past three, so there might be some temptation for Brian Johnson to use him here, but the volume is so low. He's and he's always a deeply unreliable play. And here it is our fantasy championship. The Bears have itIt excellent against tight ends. Other than David and Joku's blow up game two weeks ago, no other tight end is top fifty yards since way back in Week five against Chicago.
Speaker 4: You know Brian's gonna cite Pitts. His two touchdowns in the last three weeks is the reason to take him in the first round next ye that is probably true.
Speaker 1: That is probably true. Let's go to the Chicago side. I've got a B grade on Justin Fields. Falcons a shockingly competent pass defense. Five of the past six opposing passers have thrown zero touchdowns. That's amazing, particularly you watch Cole Comet and his injury status. They say we leave, he's gonna go, and that would obviously help Justin Fields as well. You've got Dj Moore, big play downfield receiver that's a positive play. We're gonna talk about him in a second. The Falcons allowed the fifth deepest a dot, which abodes well for DJ Moore as well, So there might be a downfield connection here for that, justin Field's ken exploit. But the real story with Fields is always the rushing. The Falcons have allowed the ninth most quarterback rushing yards, fourth most quarterback rushing touchdowns. Pretty Much every opposing quarterback who can run has run against the Falcons. B grade justin Fields, even if he doesn't get it done with his arm, which he might not. DJ Moore comes in with a B grade. Since Field's return from injury, Moore has seen nine targets per game, which is fantastic. He's averaging six catches, seventy yards, three touchdowns in that timeframe. However, the Falcons have just shut down opposing receivers. They're giving up the second fewest yards to receivers as well as the third fewest receptions, just ten per game to the position, which is nothing. Over the last seven weeks, only Chrystal Lobby's gone over one hundred yards and nobody else has had more than seventy seven, so tough matchup for more. He's going to line up against Ajterrell a lot and that's not a great matchup. He gives up a reception in one out of every fourteen covered snaps.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Darnel Mooney ruled out of this game, by the way, so More might get a couple extra targets his way B grade and more B grade and Cole Comet. On Friday, he was described as looking pretty good, so hopefully that means he's going to play. Coming off his first ever one hundred yard game. Comet's been targeted at least five times in seven of the last eight games, so we like the fact that he's a heavy part of this game plan. And again, Darnell Mooney out. He runs from the slot that opens up the middle of the field for Comet to get a couple extra looks so solid B grade here. Falcons give up the fifth most yards per game to opposing tight ends. Now, last week, Dot the Foreman got ruled out for personal reasons, which we alluded to on the show as a possibility. Didn't think it would actually happen, but it did. And then Khalil Herbert had the big game. But that it's a three way split and was a three way split before Foreman got ruled out, and I think we go right back to it being a three way split and a much tougher matchup against a Falcons defense that's only given up one rushing touchdown all year at Lanta rank sixth and run stuff win rate and first in run defense by Pro Football Focus. So all the Airs runners, including Khalil Herbert on the bench, let's take a break. When we come back. San Francisco forty nine ers in a slam dunk matchup against the Washington Commanders. When we come back, Matt will tell you if there's anybody you would start that doesn't have an A grade, it could be just an A grade across the board from everybody. Find out when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. In what might be the most lopsided game of the year, San Francisco taking on Washington. This is the worst in the league against arguably the best offense in the league. And Matt, if you just you know, if you just want to say everybody gets an A, we could just move on. Make this simple.
Speaker 4: Almost almost It is a thirteen and a half point spread. Are you going higher than that? Well, injuries are the story for the Niners right now. Tackle Trent Williams was pulled from the blowout loss against Baltimore with a groin injury. He's been limited all week. Brock Purdy also pulled last week with his second stinger in as many weeks, but he's practiced in full. He's expected to go. You have to give Perty that bounce back a grade against the horrible Washington defense. They've allowed the third most passing yards at two hundred and seventy three per game, and opposing quarterbacks are averaging two point two touchdowns per game. That's the most in the league. Perty's favorite target, Deebo Samuel, also limited this week with what they're calling a sprained neck. I think he's gonna go. He's in a grade, and so has Brandon Nyuk. The Commanders have allowed double digit PPR points nine times to opposing wide receivers in just the last four weeks. That's more than two a game. By the way, the Commanders will be without their top two perimeter corners and starting safety Percy Butler. It looks like somebody named Tariq castro Fields will be playing against the Niners on Sunday. He hasn't played a snap this year, But I mean.
Speaker 1: He could best, might be better.
Speaker 4: He could be better than what the Commanders have been trotten out there. It's possible. George Kittle's matchup looks difficult, but it's mostly due to the fact that the Commanders really haven't faced many good tight ends. Cole Comet, Kyle Pitts, John Smith, Darren Waller, and Hunter Henry about the best they've faced all year. All of the above had thirteen point PPR performances or better. I'll give Kittle a bee, mostly because I'm afraid they could be sitting him in the second half.
Speaker 1: And then if by then maybe Kittle's already had let's hope.
Speaker 4: So I just fear that one of these guys can't have the huge game, and Christian McCaffrey's obviously an a. Since Montees Sweat left the defensive line, the Commanders have given up a twenty point PPR day to every runner they've faced Gez every top running back. That's insane. It is that's so good. On the Commander's side, it's not good. The Commanders are expecting Brian Robinson to go this week because he's clawing back from a hamstring injury. If he can't go. It's basically Antonio Gibson all alone because Chris Rodriguez is on ir now. Either way, the running back in question is facing a defense that's allowing the second fewest rushing yards per game at only sixty five, and they've only given up nine total touchdowns all year to the running back possession, which is eight best in the league.
Speaker 1: And the game script is gonna neutralize the running game for Washington anyway.
Speaker 4: That's true. The Diners do face a lot of passes, which that's why Jacoby Brissett is the guy that we're going with now. That just tells me that the Sam Howell experiment's completely over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we discussed it on this show last week. I think yeah, I think it's run its course. Unfortunately for my guy, who honestly was a legitimate fantasy factor for about fourteen to fifteen weeks till the bottom just fell out.
Speaker 4: It did sound like a very sad wolf howl there. The Niners have more interceptions this year nineteen than touchdowns allowed through the air seventeen, so you have a better chance of throwing an interception than throwing a touchdown pass. Brissette spread the ball around a lot in his action last week. Five different players had two targets from him.
Speaker 6: In that game.
Speaker 4: He only threw the ball thirteen times. Lots of those were very short passes, which plays better for Curtis Samuel and Logan Thomas. But you're not starting those guys in a fantasy championship, even with a game script that should be filled with tons of garbage time. I can't find an angle to start a Commander's pass catcher in this one, no at all.
Speaker 1: I think Perssett is a sneaky start, like DFS super Flash quarterback, just all the garbage time in all the.
Speaker 4: Passes and not for all the money though in your fantasy league, for sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Barsetts looked good in these He keeps coming in like the final thirds of these games, and he looks good.
Speaker 4: He's not the worst quarterback in the league, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: No, apparently he's not the worst quarterback on his own team. Tennessee taking on the Houston Texans. Soor we've seen the best of Derrick Henry, the worst of Derrick Henry in just the last two weeks. So which version are we going to get here? The guy who struggled against Houston in the past. Are we going to get what do you think? This is a tricky spot for Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: We're going to get the C grade Derrick Henry that needs a touchdown to return value this week. He was shut down by the Texans last time, as you alluded to ten total yards on twenty touches no running back.
Speaker 1: That's insane, insane. Yeah, yeah, it almost seems like a typo.
Speaker 5: No running back is top fifty six run yards versus the Texans in their past five games. Like I said, I think Henry needs a touchdown to return value this week, but I will say the game script isn't going to matter for that. Ten of Henry's eleven touchdowns this year have come with the Titans down by seven or more points, which is also indicative of the team being terrible. Speaking of that, Will Levis given him a great to see here. Zero finishes higher than QB fifteen since Week nine. He was QB eighteen in the previous game against the Texans. Not a bad matchup for potential improvement over that QB eighteen number this time around. Since Week eleven, the Texans are bottom ten and yards per attempt, passing yards per game and fantasy points allowed to opposing quarterbacks. DeAndre Hopkins is the guy that you would want here. I'm going to give him a be wide receiver thirty in fantasy. He gets all the opportunities though, number one in deep targets, number seventeen in red zone targets, and it is a decent matchup if will Levis can get it there. Since Week ten, the Texans have allowed the fifth most receiving yards per game to boundary wide receivers. And then, lastly, chig I'm going to give him a C tight end twenty five and fantasy points per game.
Speaker 1: First touchdown of the season.
Speaker 5: Last night not not thrown by Wills by Tannahill, I was thrown by Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: Red zone looks are increasing.
Speaker 5: I will say three of his five red zone targets on the year have come in the last seven games. Relatively speaking, the Texans have allowed the third most receiving yards and six most fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends. We give Chagas. Moving over to the Texans, I give CJ. Stroud a B. Returning from his two game absence due to the concussion. He missed the last game against the Tennessee in Week fifteen. Stroud is averaging twenty eight Fantasy points in seven home games. This one's at home QB seven and fantasy points per game overall, and two of the past four quarterbacks to face the Titans have scored at least twenty one Fantasy points. Devin Motor Singletary give him a B three top eight fantasy running back finishes in seven games since he took over this gig full full time. Played only forty four snaps percent of the snaps last week, though he keeps getting yanked off the field in passing downs, which is a super due annoying. Two weeks ago against the Titans, he did have twenty six carries for one hundred and twenty one yards, also four catches for forty nine yards. The game script should help him here with the Texans being favorites. Nico Collins, I'll give him a B. Nico was wide receiver twelve in Fantasy through the first thirteen weeks with Stroud with Stroud, and then of course he missed some time and then Stroud got knocked out. Only four catches for eighteen yards on six targets last week with case Keenum and Davis Mills whatnot, but CJ.
Speaker 1: Shroud back. In last four games that CJ.
Speaker 5: Shroud and Nico Collins were both healthy for a full game together, Nico had a minimum of thirteen and a half Fantasy points in each of those games. The Titans have allowed the fifth most fantasy points to wide receivers. Like Nico giving him a bee, Noah Brown will give him a c He had the big game against the Titans last time. But you guys will recall Nico Collins did not play in that game. But Noah Brown had eight catches for eighty two yards and a tuddy in that one. That was one of three games this year where Brown is finished as a top ten overall fantasy wide receiver. Since Week ten, the Titans have allowed the second most receiving yards per game to permitter wide receivers. Would give Noah Brown a see will not come down a little bit because Nico's coming back. Dalton Schultz, I'm giving him a fee. Between weeks four through eleven, Dalton Schultz with tight end six in Fantasy points. He had twelve catches for one hundred and nineteen yards in the past two games without c. J.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 5: Of course, Stroud's back now. The good times can continue now. But unfortunately, the Titans are great against opposing tight ends. They've allowed the fewest points to tight ends in the NFL Fantasy points this year. I will say contextually, Dalton Schultz did have four catches for fifty eight yards.
Speaker 1: Against the Titans last time around, again without C J. Stroud, Nico Collins. If I told you right now Nico Collins is going to finish next year as a top five wide receiver, would you be surprised.
Speaker 5: M might be a little bullish because I like Tank Dell a lot, but I mean I would be aggressive on him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's Shroud's thought.
Speaker 5: And Shroud's going to keep getting better and better and better. And is that perimeter guy that he loves.
Speaker 1: Demiko Ryans has done such a great job. You know, we have people forget how how bad this team was and how long they last year. Yeah, right in the organ first. Yeah, he should absolutely be in the conversation for Coach of the Year. And when Stroud comes back and wins these next two games, it's you know, I think we're gonna remember that, and Houston's gonna find their way into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And this is they could still win the division.
Speaker 1: They can still win the division. It's possible, and they'd be frisky to Cincinnati takes on Kansas City. This is a frisky matchup with a lot of moving parts. So let me just start here. This whole t Higgins, Jamar Chase, and Lagarious Sneed is very complicated because we don't know if Jamar Chase is going to go. He's a game time decision. Lagerious Snead, the star cornerback who shuts down opposing number one receivers, also a game time decision. So this is really unclear. Let me tell you a little bit about how how good Snead has been among cornerbacks with at least four hundred covered snaps. He allows the fourth lowest passer rating in the league. And here's what he's done to opposing number ones in the last month. DeVante Adams four yards, DeVonta Parker forty four yards, Stefan Diggs twenty four yards, Jaden Reid sixteen yards. None of them scored this Lugerious Sneid is the definition of a shutdown corner. So if Jamar Chase plays that and Sneid plays that, puts Sneid on Chase. Presumably if Chase doesn't go, it puts Sneid on Higgins. But if Sneid doesn't go, it's game on for both of those guys, because it falls off the table after Snead you've got much better matchups. So a ton of moving parts here. I'm just gonna give generic B grades on t Higgins and Jamar Chase, but you really have to monitor these guys with Sneid if Sneid goes again. If if Sneid goes, whoever Sneed's gonna get, whether it's Chase because he's going or Higgins because he's not, then that guy gets dock down one letter grade all right, for everybody else, including Tyler Boyd comes in with a C grade. He runs from the slot, so you won't see Sneed at all. But the Chiefs allow the fifth fewest Fantasy points to slot receivers. Recent games play slot receivers against Casey Hunter, Renfro zero yards, Demario Douglas thirty three, Khalier Shakir twelve. Boyd's better than those guys. In fact, you know what I'm putting down to a bench grade forget it. He goes up against Trent McDuffie was very good. Forget it Boyd's out. I'm I'm putting a bench grade on him. So that leaves us with Jake Browning. From the passing game, he pumpkined last week, but he's still thrown for at least three hundred yards and we're multiple touchdowns in four full games. But the Chase thing is a big factor. You want to watch that and last week Gave and O'Connell didn't complete a pass for three quarters against the Chiefs. So this is a tricky spot and I can only get you to a C grade on Jake Browning even if Chase goes for Joe Mixon. This is a much more exploitable matchup, and here's where we have a little stability and a little more dependability. The way to beat Kansas City is on the ground, as exemplified by the Raiders and Zamir White last week. I would have given him an A grade, but his touch totals are down lately, in part because of the emergence of Chase brown who's demanding looks. The Chiefs allow almost five yards per carry to opposing running backs, four point nine second, worse than the league. Recent work Hosts a workhorse. Totals include Zamir Whites one hundred and forty five yards, James Cooks one hundred and forty one yards, Josh Jacobs one hundred and twenty five yards. But Mixon's only averaging thirteen touches per game over the last two weeks, and that makes him just a B grade and Chase Brown could be a what the heck dart throw in a run heavy matchup. All right now to the Chiefs bounce back game coming, I'm gonna call my spot here. Patrick Mahomes A grade obviously hasn't played to that level in a long time. Get this. Mahomes last three touchdown game was Week seven. There have been twenty eight instant of three touchdown games since Patrick Mahomes has had one. In the NFL. A reversal coming here. Over the past five weeks, Cincinnati ranks dead last in passing yards allowed, and astonishingly, they're dead last against these guys over the past five weeks, Mason Rudolph, Nick Mullins, Gardner, Minshew, Kenny Pickett, and a by game combo of Trevor Lawrence and CJ. Bethard, and they're still dead last in passing yards allowed. Mahomes I think it all comes back together for Mahomes here a grade, same with Kelsey. Over the past five weeks, he's only Fantasy tight end ten win spot ahead of Chiga konk Wu. He has zero scores in that five game stretch. But here's the Bengals ranks against tight ends. Fantasy points allowed, second most receptions to tight ends, second most receiving yards to tight ends the most. Travis Kelcey bounced back coming a grade. Rashee Rice also in a grade. Since week twelve, Rice tied for third in targets. He's hauled in at least six catches in five straight games. He's scored three times, Cincinnati giving up one hundred and seventy six yards per game to opposing wide outside his six mosts. He's got a matchup on the outside against a chadobe Owuozier who has just gassed for one hundred and twenty three yards in his coverage by Pittsburgh. Nice opportunity for Rice to stay hot a grade. The running back thing is also murky. Isaiah Pachecko returned to practice on Friday, but he has a game time decision with the shoulder and the concussion. Mostly players do not come back from the concussion in the same week. If he doesn't, then Clyde Edwards Hilaire, who's missed some time with illness but should play, would get virtually all the work because Jerrick McKinnon's on IR. So if Pacheco can't go and I've got Pacheco is a C grade, assuming he's gonna split some time with Clyde Edwards Hilaire. But if Pacheco can't go and it's all Clyde, he'd move up to a B grade and become a Vile Bowl Championship Week starter. The Bengals give up four point five yards per carry to opposing running backs. That's fifth most. Cincinnati ranks twenty sixth in run stuff win rate. Lead backs have scored against the Bengals in six the past seven games, So that'd be Pachecko if he starts, it'd be Clyde if he doesn't. Those guys have got some startability to him against a bad defense. A lot of Cincinnati defense going the wrong way right now. When we come back our final block and matchups, including the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Seattle Seahawks, Kenneth Walker fascinating opportunity. Can't wait to hear Matt's breakdown on that. Stay tuned to Fantasy Football Weekly. Final segment a Fantasy Football Weekly. This is the final segment of our long form edition in year number twenty nine. Go to our off season short form edition next week. So don't unsubscriber anything. Just keep listening all off season. Lots of great stuff.
Speaker 4: You'll learn things.
Speaker 1: You will learn things. We'll do some fantasy playoff stuff next week. That's the light of the playoffs, which we love. Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Seattle Seahawks. Matt Let's start on the Pittsburgh side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mason Rudolph starting again. Kenny Pickett could be activated, but he's going to serve as the backup if he is. Rudolph looked pretty solid last week against Cincy two ninety and two scores, although much of that was the long catch and run by George Pickens. This week, it's a mid level matchup against the Seahawks. Rushing is where Seattle gets dinged by the quarterback, but as far as passing, they're not too bad there. Since Week four, only three quarterbacks have top two to fifty against Seattle and they've only allowed multiple scores to four passers in that time, so I really don't like Rudolph from a passing perspective, and he's not really known as a runner, so I can't get him off the bench. Wide receiver matchup tough two for Pickens and Deontay. Aj Brown and DeVonta Smith were both held under sixty yards two weeks ago by the Seahawks team. Last week, DeAndre Hopkins had two catches for twenty yards. I'm gonna steer toward benching both Pickens and Deonta this week. I don't particularly like the matchups. The most beatable Seattle corner his already burns and he mans the slot, which is where Alan Robinson mostly runs from, and Pickens and Johnson stay on the outside, so they're just tougher matchups. I don't really like it this week for those guys. And I was banging the drum for Pat Fryarmouth last week, so was charge he didn't get a target?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: What the heck? So you can't trust him this week. Naji Harris has been limited in practice this week, but it sounds like that's more load management than an actual injury. I like both Naji and Jalen Warren this week with twin C grades, But if Najie Harris doesn't go for some reason, Warren jumps up to a bee. In the last five games, opposing runners have gouged the Seahawks for one hundred and twenty five yards per game on the ground, and during that span they've allowed the third most rushing scores on the other side. Kenneth Walker hasn't practiced yes this week, but he did the same last week and he played.
Speaker 1: I think he plays here.
Speaker 4: I like the matchup the Seattle known for resting guys during the week too. They're citing an illness for Walker this week as well as the shoulder. But hey, what is the frequency on Kenneth Well, I think his frequency is that he gets the ball almost one hundred percent of the time when he's out there. Last week, Charbonnet only had three touches. Walker's averaging seventeen touches per game. So what does that look like against the Steelers. Nine different backs have seen seventeen touches against the Steelers this year. Their average day is one hundred and eleven convoy yards and a seventy eight percent chance at a touchdown. That's a solid bee for Kenneth Walker. DK Metcalf popped up on the injury report when he did not participate on Thursday, but they, like I said, they rest guys randomly. I'm a little worried about his targets drying up. Though he's only seen five, six and six targets over the last three weeks compared to an average of eight in the prior eleven games. He's still scored in three of his last four games and it helps. That does help, and his matchup against the Steelers corner Levi Wallace is excellent as he runs most of his routes from Wallace's side, So I wonder if he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna see how much Joey Porter Junior he's gonna get that can't com play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have an a on Metcalf because Metcalf runs from the side of Levi Wallace more often Tyler Lockett runs from the Joey Porter side, so I'm giving Lockett the be here. But I did mention it last week. The Steelers are still down their top four safeties and since he didn't really exploit it, no, I was killing me.
Speaker 3: I'm watching the game going throw d.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gotta throw deep, and I feel like Seattle could could just throw some long balls with both Lockett and metcalf. I think it's a good match up here. I can't must starting grade on JSN though his A dot is still hovering in the six range, and that requires just too much volume or after catch specialness that we really haven't seen as of yet. Finally, Gino Smith startable with a B grade as well multiple scores and three of his last five Steelers defense not as scary as it used to be. Each of the last three quarterbacks they faced has either thrown for three hundred and thirty yards or three touchdowns in a game against the Steelers, and those names were Bailey, Zappi, Gardner Minshew, and Jake Browning. So Gino Smith B grade.
Speaker 1: Chargers take on the Broncos. These are teams missing their number one wide receivers and their number one quarterbacks. Easton Stick versus Jared Stidham. Let's start on the Chargers side. There's not much to like here other than maybe Austin Eckler against a very bad run defense. Yeah, mister Eckler, We're going to give him a B.
Speaker 5: Last week against the Bills little resurgence there, fifteen carries for sixty five yards, three catches for twenty one yards, clear lead back eighty two percent of the touch percentage last week. This is a motivation game for him. Eckler grew up and went to college in Colorado. In seven of the past eight games against Denver, Eckler has sixteen fantasy points per game or more. Broncos have also allowed the second most fantasy points to opposing running backs this year, so a decent one for him.
Speaker 1: Easton Stick. If you're in a two quarterback league, he's potentially startable. I give him a C.
Speaker 5: He's quarterback thirteen, quarterback eighteen in fantasy last two weeks. Denver has allowed the eleventh most passing yards per game since Week eleven, so we'll give him a CE. Keenan Allen's out with the heel, hasn't practiced, Josh Palmer not looking good and concussion oh Man so Quentin Johnson.
Speaker 1: I will say emergency flex option. I can't.
Speaker 5: If you're in a big pinch, you could potentially go there. They got to throw to someone. Speaking to that, Gerald Everett will give him a bee. He's the pass catcher you want with Allen and Palmer both out obviously means that ever it's going to get a lot more looks. Gerald Everett scored eight or more Fantasy points in five straight games. The Broncos also allowed the most Fantasy points to opposing tight end, so a decent matchup if mister East and Stick can get him the ball. On the other side, Jared's did him as bad and he's only starting for financial reasons. Do not risk it, no matter how desper you are. Cortland Sutton has been ruled out. Jerry Judy is questionable with an illness. Marvin Mims is questionable with the answer Jared's did them might not even have a receiving cor I don't even know who they're going.
Speaker 1: To toss out there.
Speaker 5: I will say, if you're desperate, that the guy that you could potentially start, if he plays a Jerry Judy, I gave him a CE. He's only wide receiver fifty eight in Fantasy in his top seventy yards only once since Week four. But if the other guys are out, we already know that Sutton is potentially you know he's going to get the usage at least, and the Chargers are league average against opposing slots. Lastly, Javonte Williams, I give him a grader see RB twenty three or worse than five of the last six games, two point two yards per carrier, worse.
Speaker 1: In the last two. So it seems like it's getting worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fewer than eleven fantasy points per game or fantasy points of the last six And as we talked about earlier, the snaps have been dwindling as Julia McLaughlin gets more looks and I think Sean Payton loves that kid. Javonte did have his best fantasy game of the past two months against these same Chargers in Week fourteen. Sixty six yards in a touchdown. It's the most you know, hope I can muster for him. I will give him a see And Julia McLaughlin was might take a chance on me running back.
Speaker 1: The Sunday night game is a do or die game for the Packers and Vikings. The loser basically done for the year. And because of that, I believe that Aaron Jones is gonna get a lot of the workload that they've been unwilling to give him to this point because he kept getting hurt. Well, who cares now you gotta get a win here, so I see a ton of work coming now. The Vikings have been a good run defense. They've only allowed two running backs to top sixty five rushing yards against them all year, but one was Jamiir Gibbs just last week put it together a one hundred yard two touchdown game. Since returning from injury two weeks ago, Jones has out carried Dylan five to one on carries inside the so he might be able to help you with the touchdown as well. Be good.
Speaker 4: Didn't Dylan get the short touchdown?
Speaker 1: He's scoring on the horse? Yes, he did score on the one. Yes, let's go to the passing game, Jordan Love, be great. The Vikings have been a negative matchup for most supposing quarterbacks, including Love when the first matchup just two hundred and twenty nine yards and one score. But at the moment, the Vikings defense is in massive flux, particularly against the pass. Edge Rusher dj Wanham is out for the year. Starting cornerback A Caleb Evans got benched last week mid game, and cornerback Byron Murphy is out and backup cornerback McKay Blackman's going to try to play hurt this is a bad spot. Love has managed multiple touchdowns in six of the past seven games. I think he's gonna do it here too. Even when he has bad games, he still finds his way to a couple of touchdowns. He'll get a couple here. Be great on Jordan Love. See grade on Jaden Reid, who comes in with toe and chest injuries but is expected to play. He runs from the slot on two thirds of his plays. Byron Murphy is the most common guy who who guards the slot, but he's out and last week with him out, the Vikings used eight different defenders to try to guard the slot and all they did was give up twelve passes to Aman Rossaying Brown for one hundred and six yards and a touchdown. So a nice opportunity for Jaden Reid, who comes in with a B grade in this game. He posted eighty three yards in the previous matchup. Romeo Dobbs comes into the C grade. He's the healthiest of the Packers' receivers and probably the safest option among the Packers' receivers, even though he only totaled eighteen yards in the first matchup. But there's no healthy bodies left here. He did score in that game against the Caleb Evans, so you know there is that for him as well. C grade on Romeo Dobbs if you're in a pinch. Christian Watson and Dontavian Wicks are not expected to play in this game. Luke Musgrave also not expected to play. Tucker Kraft should continue to get a lot of the work, but the Vikings have not given up a touchdown to a tight end since week nine. From weeks ten through sixteen, Minnesota's only given up four receptions for thirty seven yards to the Pozi. That said, they guard. Vikings guard the tight end with Ivan pace Junior, a lot rookie. He's allowed eighteen of the last nineteen passes in his coverage to be completed. So Tucker Craft comes in with a C grade for the Vikings. They'll go to war with Jaren Hall actually startable here because the Packers pass defense is just so bad right now. Jay r Alexander benched in this game. The last three opposing quarterbacks against the Packers seven touchdowns, no picks, seventy three percent completion rate, and an opposing quarterback rating of one hundred and thirty two. And they faced Tommy DeVito Baker Mayfield and Bryce Young, so Jaren Hall C grade dartthrow if you have to do it, and Kevin O'Connell's repeatedly proven he won't hesitate to maintain his past heavy game plans with his backup quarterbacks. Justin Jefferson comes in with a C grade. It would be a sure a with a more proven quarterback, but remains very startable against the defense, allowing over two hundred and ten yards and two scores the position in back to back weeks, and no Jr. Alexander, But the problem is that might be additioned by subtraction because Alexander been horrible. B grade on Justin Jefferson. I've got a C grade on Jordan Addison due to his ankle injuries, and he's a game time decision. If he's able to play through the injury, you'll have to factor in the prospects of re injury. TJ. Hockinson's out that frees up eight targets per game some and they don't have the backup tight ends to catch passes here, so some of that's going to go to Jordan Addison, and with Jefferson on the field, Addison gets single covered a lot and that that could free up some downfield plays for him. That's some nice opportunities for Addison potentially here and could be impactful against cornerback Eric Stokes, who's been garbage despite the first round pick that he was. kJ Osborne startable in a pinch because without TJ. Hockinson across the middle, that's going to give some favorable matchups across the middle and some more balls to go to. kJ Osborne against lockcorner back Keyshawn Nixon, who is allowing an eighty percent catch rate and ranks his Pro Football focuses eighty sixth quarterback the last Viking you care about, my guy, ty Chandler. He's taking us months to get here, but finally startable. He goes up against the Green Bay defense that could be missing Devondre Campbell and Darnell Savage, their fourth and second best run defenders. The Packers run defense middle of the pack at best have been their bleeding touchdowns, allowing running back scores in six of the past seven games, and they've allowed five running backs to rush for at least eighty yards in that span. Alexander Madison only field on the field for five snaps last week. Ty Chandler C. Grade. Thank you for listening to Fantasy Football Weekly all week. Robbie, thank you for all your help over the course. Yeah, Robbie special. Thank to my co host. This is a hard, hard job for you got thrown into the fire this year. You did a great job. Thank you for having Matt, Brian Johnson, Scott Fish, Thank you all for all of your work in this.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you charge for the opportunity and uh and the fun times that we get to play on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's just greatly absolutely year number thirty coming up next then everybody, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.